Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-05-2014, 08:33 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/311/140

Height: 5'6

Default Trail mix?

Do you make your own trail mix? I'm thinking to, so I know exactly whats going in it and how its prepared etc. What do you like in yours?
Skettihead03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:13 AM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

I've only made mine twice... I like to use roasted/smoked almonds, cashews, golden raisins, cranberries, and a very few white chocolate chips. I don't like white chocolate much so I know I won't overeat on that, ya know what I mean?

Anyway, if you can get a good deal on your favorite nuts and dried fruits, you're good. I stopped since it was starting to get a little expensive and the BF would eat most of it before I could, lol.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:32 PM   #3  
Turning Into A New Woman

S/C/G: 302/See Tracker/250

Height: 5'2 & 1/2

I buy mine already made but making it yourself is cool too
Terra1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 05:43 PM   #4  
Starting Over Again

S/C/G: 195/195/150

Height: 5'5"

I've been buying Nature's Harvest Tropical Yogurt Trail Mix from Walmart and adding pumpkin/sunflower seeds and roasted soy beans to it.
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:38 AM   #5  
diamondgeog

I think that is a great idea. When I started looking at store bought stuff it had more carbs/sugar than candy bars.

I am carb sensitive so they wreak mass havoc on me: sugar spikes and crashes, hunger, inflammation.

Now when I need a quick pick me up I have some coconut oil straight from jar or some grass fed butter straight. I know, bizarre. But incredible energy, fullness, and super healthy. I am loving it.

We are trying to make our own stuff though: hummus and lentil burgers next. In general I think that is an awesome idea, good luck.