South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2014, 07:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Default Wednesday March 5th Beach Chat

Sorry no catchy title today

Ruth glad to hear Disney is home

Never got here yesterday, but didn't forget "Fat Tuesday." Let's just say was not my best day. But today is a new day Nothing planned here today except cooking and cycling. Having dinner with DS and his GF at Panera tonight. She wants to talk to me about my experiences at PACE University. She was accepted, likes the campus, but wants my opinion. Hopefully she takes realizes a lot has changed in 21 years lol.

So what is on your agenda today. Anyone giving up or adding something for Lent? I am using today to decide, maybe for once I will stick with it. I am debating the usual "desserts, candy, sweet etc." and adding exercise before work. The latter of the two might prove more challenging.

Oh well, enjoy Hump Day
Old 03-05-2014, 07:55 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. We got another inch of white stuff overnight and I see that the cats have already visited the back porch to see if the food is out. It's pretty bad around here with five wild cats and flocks of birds at the feeder. I do like the splashed or red and blue from the cardinals and blue jays though.

Disney is sleeping beside me right now so yesterday wasn't a Rainbow Bridge Day. Leslie sent a blood sample off to the lab and should get the results later today. Meanwhile D. is not eating but drinking water. The rest if the time she is asleep. Jazz and I are very sad and hoping for a magic potion. No need to tell you chicks that I will not let her suffer but will do that one way trip to the vet when it's time.

Had a meeting scheduled for here tomorrow afternoon but we changed the location to Doug's house. I want things peaceful in this house until this situation is better.

Didn't give in to the pancake and maple syrup urge last night and the pork chop was delicious. I may post the recipe if I've not done that already.

Time to crank up the day - whatever it brings. Some mornings are harder than others. Maybe I need another coffee.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:05 AM   #3  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning I am running out the door for a staff meeting up north (I'll wave in your direction Ruth!).

Hugs to Ruth and Disney

Happy Hump Day Chicks
Old 03-05-2014, 08:23 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good morning!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes yesterday! It was a nice day even though I had to work. Heading out the door-oh well.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:27 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks - thanks Jennifer, for starting us off. I keep debating on stuff for lent - but didn't put enough thought into it. Enjoy your dinner with DS and GF!

Debbie - happy belated birthday!!

Ruth - so glad you are enjoying more time with Disney - it's one of those you hope the bloodwork is abnormal so you know "why", but hope it's normal because she's your friend. At least she is in a comfie home.

Good morning Cyndi!

I have a shorter day today, but lots to do with our trip in two days. I'm bringing wine and coffee as thank you's for sharing friends' homes. I should pick up a gift for little Zac as well, I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

I opted not to do the exercise challenge this month, since I'm on vacation for 10 days. I'll try to fit in what I can, but I'm being realistic of staying at hotels and homes in 20 degree weather.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:35 AM   #6  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Jekel that is nice that she wants to pick your brain though even if things have probably changed

Ruth glad Disney is in comfortable place no matter the results

Cyndi careful driving out there- I passed an overturned semi and a vehicle this morning on the way in

Debbie glad you enjoyed your Birthday

Tywnn enjoy your trip

DD2 has gotten my cold but she is still going to school due to ISAT testing this week, I told her once she is done with the testing for the day, she can come home if still not feeling up to snuff (no fever or I would have kept her home).

Other than that just a normal day with meetings and such, I am going to wfh tomorrow and Friday to see if I can finish some documentation I need to write up.

Have a great hump day everyone!
Old 03-05-2014, 09:00 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just got the call from the vet and the news is bad. Disney's kidneys are no longer functioning. She doesn't seem to be suffering but she will not live much longer. All the other bloodwork was bad, says Leslie who is usually very optimistic. As long as she isn't suffering I will hang on for a few days although that is just postponing the inevitable.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:45 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Debbie - Belated happy birthday!!!!

Ruth - So sorry about Disney.

I'm having lunch with my mom and a mutual friend today. I'll run some errands over that way after. Been doing some computer busywork; gradually changing over to a gmail rather than my other email account. Not much else happening here.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:12 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 162/145/145

Height: 5' 9 3/4

Oh Ruth I am so sorry. We are all here for you and Disney.
Old 03-05-2014, 05:21 PM   #10  

Height: 5' 5"

Just stopped in to check on the news.

Ruth, so sorry to hear about Disney. I understand how tough it is.

Jennifer, I'm using Lent to shut down the dark chocolate truffle monster that arrived on Valentine's Day. Luckily the box had 3 individual packages so the rest will stay fresh. Maybe it would be better if they got all dried out and stale...

Cyndi, hope you had safe travels today. We got a couple inches overnight as well. More than 1 teacher told me today they heard the plows going by in the night and hoped for at least a delay.

My other news is this month in our workfit challenge the theme is pedometers. I got mine after school yesterday and still managed to put over 5,000 steps on it. Today is looking good too. I used one years ago and it is interesting to see the numbers again. I had considered getting a fitbit but a free pedometer works for me!

Tammy, remind me where you are going?

Off to make dinner.

Last edited by Beth19; 03-05-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Closed Thread