Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat

lisa32989
03-04-2014, 06:07 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

RosiePosie101
03-04-2014, 06:55 AM
Morning Everyone. I've just caught up on the chats from yesterday - pulled a 14 hour work day due to busy season and looks like another one today. This is where a sad face should go but I'm too tired to figure out how to do that!

I'm lucky that I live only 5 mins drive from work so I dashed home at about 7pm and made a stir-fry before heading back to work. In the past, I would have gone through a drive through or ordered take out and although it takes a little bit longer, it's actually great to get that break from the office and know that I stayed 100% OP.

Hope everyone has a great IP day!

IdealProteinNewbie
03-04-2014, 06:56 AM
Rosie: That's great, proud of you! Habits that will take you far in maintenance!

lisa32989
03-04-2014, 08:34 AM
Rosie
That's great!
Did you make extra? I've learned to "cook ahead" just like I plan ahead. Then there is always something to grab if necessary Plus making a big batches keeps me out of the kitchen as often. Healthy eating sure does keep you in the kitchen!

mars735
03-04-2014, 08:46 AM
Rosie
Healthy eating sure does keep you in the kitchen!

Yes! I have tried but found no shortcut to preparing my own food. The best I can do is to have a default routine that doesn't require much thinking in order to shop & prepare.

schenectady
03-04-2014, 08:50 AM
Lisa gave some directions about her chicken soup and I have found that to be invaluable. I can make huge batches of it and keep it in the fridge so that when in a hurry, I grab a Tupperware container and I am good to go - have protein and veggies right there. It has been a lifesaver for me. Thanks, Lisa!

Home today with sick husband - he caught what I have had for the past two weeks but I can assure you I did not WHINE like he does when sick. Oh, give me patience!
Oops - forgot, I am still working on learning how to have that!

gnalosit
03-04-2014, 09:02 AM
I was 18 days and 13.6 lbs in and last week when I went on a snowboarding trip to Colorado. I had every intention of staying OP and even stopped at Costco on my way to get chicken and broccoli to make my own meals at the cabin. Well, after the first day of snowboarding I made the conscious decision to go off plan because I did not have the energy to keep up with my family on the mountain. I'm sure it wasn't all IP, but also the altitude, travel, not much sleep, etc. Although I did feel much better the next day after eating a bit of carbs that night. I told myself that I would try to stay low carb but that soon went by the wayside as well. So today I am back at it, up 4.6 lbs after 5 days off plan. Hopefully I can lose a bit of that before my WI on Saturday.

So my question is, has anyone survived a few days off plan? How did it effect your weight loss? I am back OP today and hoping that this one week doesn't throw me off too much.

nolasmurf
03-04-2014, 09:06 AM
Morning all! Happy Mardi Gras! Hanging out today with my love at his cigar store. The crowds tend to be quite thick, so I'm here to be eyes and ears in case of shoplifters.

Brought all my drinks and bars, with me. There's a veggie restaurant down the way that I'll grab a salad from for lunch. Love this place. The chef is a friend and pretty much let's me have run of his kitchen when I'm around. :D

Stay warm!

schenectady
03-04-2014, 09:25 AM
I was 18 days and 13.6 lbs in and last week when I went on a snowboarding trip to Colorado. I had every intention of staying OP and even stopped at Costco on my way to get chicken and broccoli to make my own meals at the cabin. Well, after the first day of snowboarding I made the conscious decision to go off plan because I did not have the energy to keep up with my family on the mountain. I'm sure it wasn't all IP, but also the altitude, travel, not much sleep, etc. Although I did feel much better the next day after eating a bit of carbs that night. I told myself that I would try to stay low carb but that soon went by the wayside as well. So today I am back at it, up 4.6 lbs after 5 days off plan. Hopefully I can lose a bit of that before my WI on Saturday.

So my question is, has anyone survived a few days off plan? How did it effect your weight loss? I am back OP today and hoping that this one week doesn't throw me off too much.

gnalosit - From my experience with IP, you are dealing with two issues when you go "by the wayside". One of them is the physical weight gain - it will come off. Stick to the water and the program. You may go back to some of the symptoms of starting the program again as you get back into ketosis but you know you have been through it and it will fade.

The much harder aspect of this for me has been to get mentally back on the program 100%. I went off 100% IP ostensibly because our military son was visiting and we made lots of road trips together, spontaneous, hard to plan.

I did gain back some of the weight but the real challenge was that I lost focus, I lost motivation, I lost my drive. One day of little 'slips' lead to another day and every morning I kept promising I would go back to being 100% OP. Just like the old days when every morning was the one where I was going to start another diet.

That went on for nearly 2 months. My son was here for 2 weeks but I was out of it for much longer. Everyone loses differently and I am not preaching for or against what each person should do.

But you asked "So my question is, has anyone survived a few days off plan? How did it effect your weight loss?" I am giving you my personal experience that for me, it was the beginning of a long slide.

You have already done whatever you have done and let it go. We are all human and this can be a powerful learning experience for you.

So now I would suggest being as absolutely strict with IP as you can be, read this board, check out recipes. Be as active on this program as you can be and use the support of those on this site to get back 100% mentally and physically. Just my opinion and advice as to what I have experienced.

sheadaddy0505
03-04-2014, 09:50 AM
can i use ideal to go products on the ideal protein diet? looking for more variety, thanks.

djs06
03-04-2014, 09:58 AM
Anyone have advice on how to kick the daily weighing? I have weighed myself every single day since I re started. In the last few days I've "gained"and"lost" the same 3 lbs every.single.day. It is driving me crazy. Tomorrow is weigh in and it's stressing me out. It's become almost a compulsion but usually I am able to be rational about it; not now. Ugh.

trinny
03-04-2014, 10:15 AM
Anyone have advice on how to kick the daily weighing? I have weighed myself every single day since I re started. In the last few days I've "gained"and"lost" the same 3 lbs every.single.day. It is driving me crazy. Tomorrow is weigh in and it's stressing me out. It's become almost a compulsion but usually I am able to be rational about it; not now. Ugh.

Move the scale out of the bathroom. Put it in the basement or attic where you won't be tempted to hop on.

drd1961
03-04-2014, 10:16 AM
Put the scale away in a place that is hard to get to.

kontesanera
03-04-2014, 10:18 AM
I'm lucky that I live only 5 mins drive from work so I dashed home at about 7pm and made a stir-fry before heading back to work. In the past, I would have gone through a drive through or ordered take out and although it takes a little bit longer, it's actually great to get that break from the office and know that I stayed 100% OP.

Great job Rosie. I stopped at the grocery store on my way to work and grabbed a box of lettuce so I can have it for lunch. I feel like I am constantly going into grocery stores, buying veggies. LOL I had enough for a few days, but then my parents stopped by yesterday, made some dinner and a big salad for everyone, and all my veggies were gone.

I could not buy veggies for dinner as it is too cold and leaving them in the car for the entire day while I am at work would not be good. I will stop by after work to pick up some kale, mushrooms and will cook my kale and zucchini and mushroom stew so I have it for a few days. I get so bored having raw vegetables too often.

I was wondering if anybody has ever felt really cold from drinking too much water? Last night I was freezing, went to bed early, with a long sleeve shirt, and then woke up with a "fuzzy" head this morning. I could not concentrate and was completely slow motion. I barely drove in to work, my eyes kept on closing, and even had a 10 minutes power nap in my car after arriving at the office. Now that I have drank my coffee I do feel a little better (I never have coffee prior to coming to the office, so I know that is not the case). My coach also warned me about drinking too much water, said I should not have more than 3 l, but I usually have 4+.

gnalosit
03-04-2014, 10:31 AM
But you asked "So my question is, has anyone survived a few days off plan? How did it effect your weight loss?" I am giving you my personal experience that for me, it was the beginning of a long slide.

You have already done whatever you have done and let it go. We are all human and this can be a powerful learning experience for you.

So now I would suggest being as absolutely strict with IP as you can be, read this board, check out recipes. Be as active on this program as you can be and use the support of those on this site to get back 100% mentally and physically. Just my opinion and advice as to what I have experienced.

Thanks schenectady! I can see how a few days could easily turn into a few weeks. In fact, I was going to start back OP yesterday as I travelled home but decided to wait until today. I am back on track now and hope to stay that way. Hearing your story definitely helps me to realize that I need to refocus and recommit right now. Thanks again!

wildirishrose
03-04-2014, 11:00 AM
Guys! I lost my food journal :( I'm going to track it on a regular notebook, but I think my coach may be mad.

sarahBell
03-04-2014, 11:09 AM

take the batteries out and only get them out of storage on WI day!

rmcjaug
03-04-2014, 11:32 AM
Morning all! Happy Mardi Gras! Hanging out today with my love at his cigar store. The crowds tend to be quite thick, so I'm here to be eyes and ears in case of shoplifters.

Brought all my drinks and bars, with me. There's a veggie restaurant down the way that I'll grab a salad from for lunch. Love this place. The chef is a friend and pretty much let's me have run of his kitchen when I'm around. :D

Stay warm!
I am from NOLA...Happy Mardi Gras! What is the name of the veggie restaurant?

eandc2006
03-04-2014, 11:36 AM
Lisa gave some directions about her chicken soup and I have found that to be invaluable. I can make huge batches of it and keep it in the fridge so that when in a hurry, I grab a Tupperware container and I am good to go - have protein and veggies right there. It has been a lifesaver for me. Thanks, Lisa!

Home today with sick husband - he caught what I have had for the past two weeks but I can assure you I did not WHINE like he does when sick. Oh, give me patience!

Could I possibly get this chicken soup recipe. I love chicken noodle (really miss it as a matter of fact) and have to say that having something on hand and ready to go in a pinch would be great. Sometimes, between work and life, I would love to skip cooking a full dinner for the night. Thank you!

danilynn
03-04-2014, 12:00 PM
Hello fabulous beauties!!!

Today marked my 1st official weigh in... drum roll please...:carrot: i lost 8.8 lbs. Though a lot of this is water weight, i am glad and happy to see that needle finally drop :)

Just curious for those who are on the IP or Alt side, have ya'll looked at the Chef Verati Cook book? Well, my husband and i bought that off Amazon last week. We made a meal from that and boy was it good! Hubs told me to put 5 stars in the book to repeat for future meals. Just curious if any one here has used it and if so, what were your favs from it?

anyhoo --- have an awesome day everyone!!!!

xoxoxox

smileyface678
03-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Hey everyone!
I had my third WI today and lost 3.5lbs. Thats a total of 13lbs in 3 weeks - so happy and great to see the scale move after a 1lb weight loss last week!
Hope everyone is having a great OP day - roll on week 4!
Victoria xo

ecdcslim
03-04-2014, 12:18 PM

Your post was really timely for me cause I've been on P4 now for 3 weeks and I'm going skiing tomorrow so I have the worry that I'll be worn out in short order. I'm going to take extra bars and shakes with me and make sure I have a serious P3 breakfast every morning. I can only echo what everybody else has said. Stick to the plan, religiously. Write down EVERYTHING you ate in your food journal if you can, this was really hard for me when I fell off the wagon. You're probably out of ketosis so you will suffer the hunger and cravings again - remind yourself why you're doing IP if you find yourself struggling. Try to resist beating yourself up about the fall, today's a new day. Good luck!

nolasmurf
03-04-2014, 12:22 PM
I am from NOLA...Happy Mardi Gras! What is the name of the veggie restaurant?

The Green Goddess down on exchange alley

GoneNatural
03-04-2014, 12:32 PM

Stay warm!

Have Fun!!:wave:

Johnsdeere
03-04-2014, 12:42 PM
Danilynn....Chief Verati's cookbooks isn't available right now on amazon.com. I wonder what happened...maybe they sold out? Which recipe did you try? I'm always on the look out for good IP recipes. ;)

danilynn
03-04-2014, 12:54 PM
Danilynn....Chief Verati's cookbooks isn't available right now on amazon.com. I wonder what happened...maybe they sold out? Which recipe did you try? I'm always on the look out for good IP recipes. ;)

the one on Amazon only had 2 left at the time we bought it. Keep looking there, im sure it will come back to be sold again. There is always ebay if you want to bid for the book --- there is one there now i found for 29.99 though the bidding war ends friday. If you are an avid ebayer -- add that to your watch list.

the recipe we tried was a slow cooker called beef stew Bourguigonon style (made with slow cooker). In the book all recipes are made for 4 servings (plated dinners) with knowing you are getting your 2 cups of veggies in. If you have never had Celery Root --- BOY is it good. Its sweet like potato but taste like celery. lol Here is the recipe for you:

Beef Stew Bourguignon Style
1 1/3 lb beef shoulder cubed 1 in thick
3 c mushrooms
3 c green peppers shredded
2 c celery root cubed
1 T oregano crushed
2 T Walden Farms Basil & Tomato Sauce
7 oz Walden Farms Hickory Smoked BBQ Sauce
2tsp Worcestershire Sauce
1 1/2 T olive oil
1 1/2 T onion powder
sea salt to taste
pepper to taste

In skillet , brown meat in hot oil. Drain excess fat. Transfer meat to slow cooker.
Sauté peppers, mushrooms and celery root. Add onion powder. Add to slow cooker. Pour the basil and tomato sauce into skillet. Once boiling add to slow cooker. Add BBQ sauce, oregano, and worcestershire sauce directly to slow cooker and cover. Cook on low for 10 -12 hours.
Remove 1/3 of the vegetables from the slow cooker and puree. Put the puree into a large skillet and add the sauce from the slow cooker. The sauce should coat the back of the spoon to be the right consistency.
Add the rest of the vegetables and meat to the skillet, stir well and serve.

Per serving: 350 calories, 15 gr fat, 33 gr protein, 15 gr carb

Johnsdeere
03-04-2014, 01:04 PM
Very Nice! I'll keep my eyes open. By the by...do alot of the recipes involve WF products? I'm really not a huge fan of them, infact I eat my salad plain because I don't care for the products. :( boo!

danilynn
03-04-2014, 01:17 PM
Very Nice! I'll keep my eyes open. By the by...do alot of the recipes involve WF products? I'm really not a huge fan of them, infact I eat my salad plain because I don't care for the products. :( boo!

yes unfortunately... but if there is a way to find products equivalent to WF, i say sub those in -- but it virtually would need to be calorie, carb and fat free.

there are other recipes in the book that do require IP stuff (no WF)-- which i do not have, but i sub in my alt items (or equivalent). There is a recipe that i am making tonight (Beef Skewers) that require the IP BBQ ridges. I have the BBQ soy puffs. so we will see how this one turns out :) lol..

check this site out for other recipes that are in the book: http://idealweightlossofbloomington.com/recipes/

eandc2006
03-04-2014, 01:25 PM

a great homemade IP friendly dressing that I love is taking a clove or two of garlic (adjust to your preference), the juice of one lime, and salt, mixing and covering the salad. Seriously delish. I used long before IP and its a staple as I hate WF products with the exception of a rare few. You can also add a bit of EVOO if you wish.

sarahBell
yes unfortunately... but if there is a way to find products equivalent to WF, i say sub those in -- but it virtually would need to be calorie, carb and fat free.

there are other recipes in the book that do require IP stuff (no WF)-- which i do not have, but i sub in my alt items (or equivalent). There is a recipe that i am making tonight (Beef Skewers) that require the IP BBQ ridges. I have the BBQ soy puffs. so we will see how this one turns out :) lol..

check this site out for other recipes that are in the book: http://idealweightlossofbloomington.com/recipes/

Thank you for the link. I am always looking for more recipes :)

Johnsdeere
Thanks for the link danilynn. I follow IP using alternatives and it appeared that there were alot of different recipes on there that didn't require IP items.

Johnsdeere
03-04-2014, 01:27 PM
thanks for the dressing idea eandc2006!

sarahBell
03-04-2014, 01:32 PM
This is one of my fav. recipes in the world!

1/3 c apple cider vineagar
1 egg white
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbs minced shallots
1 c EVOO
dash of salt and pepper
1 pkt of spends (optional)
juice from 1/2 a lime or lemon (optional)
In your blender add in everything BUT the EVOO, mix on hix for 2-3 mins. Drizzle in evoo slowly until light and fluffy- serve immediately , store in the fridge :)

I got this from the andover diet center website

eandc2006
03-04-2014, 01:56 PM
This is one of my fav. recipes in the world!

1/3 c apple cider vineagar
1 egg white
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbs minced shallots
1 c EVOO
dash of salt and pepper
1 pkt of spends (optional)
juice from 1/2 a lime or lemon (optional)
In your blender add in everything BUT the EVOO, mix on hix for 2-3 mins. Drizzle in evoo slowly until light and fluffy- serve immediately , store in the fridge :)

I got this from the andover diet center website

SarahBell...what is this for? Sounds good whatever it is :):)

sarahBell
03-04-2014, 02:02 PM
SarahBell...what is this for? Sounds good whatever it is :):)

it is a salad dressing, but I use it to dip everything in! YUMMMMYY!!

http://andoverdietcenter.com/ideal-protein/recipes

GettinHealthyNow
03-04-2014, 02:29 PM
it is a salad dressing, but I use it to dip everything in! YUMMMMYY!!

http://andoverdietcenter.com/ideal-protein/recipes

This is my favourite recipe link. Use these almost every day. Especially like the photos that go with each one.

jendilly
03-04-2014, 02:33 PM
I'm in the process of compiling a whole lot of recipes off of this board, along with other places. I'm putting it all in a Word doc, organized by category. Sort of an IP cookbook. When I have it complete, I'll let you all know and I'll be happy to forward the doc out. Probably a few more weeks until it's complete. I got tired of trying to search for recipes every single time and thought I would put a ton in one place by category. :)

sarahBell
03-04-2014, 02:35 PM
I'm in the process of compiling a whole lot of recipes off of this board, along with other places. I'm putting it all in a Word doc, organized by category. Sort of an IP cookbook. When I have it complete, I'll let you all know and I'll be happy to forward the doc out. Probably a few more weeks until it's complete. I got tired of trying to search for recipes every single time and thought I would put a ton in one place by category. :)

Your rock! count me in on that one! searching is a PIA some days!

sarahBell
03-04-2014, 02:44 PM
This is my favourite recipe link. Use these almost every day. Especially like the photos that go with each one.

Iknow! it is so easy to find recipes on there no searching required!

danilynn
03-04-2014, 03:09 PM

count me in on that too!

lisa32989
03-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Beck Diet Solution (a great book for ANYONE who struggles with dieting or maintaining weight)

Tuesday Reality Check: When dieters get off track, they often truly forget how good it feels to be in control of their eating. Therefore, the thought of getting back on track usually feels much more daunting and burdensome than it really is. Once they're there, they feel so great about it.

GettinHealthyNow
03-04-2014, 03:22 PM

Way to go Jen! I would even pay for that. Hmmm...I sense a business opportunity here... :D

lisa32989
03-04-2014, 03:40 PM
All

If you posted a recipe here today, make sure to repost it in the recipe thread. It'll be much easier to find at a later date!

Besides what others have said, give it to someone to keep for you who will work with you to only "allow" you to use it once/week.
Part of this "I can't" attitude is addressed in the Beck Diet Solution book. We are much stronger than we give ourselves credit for and we are the source of much of our own suffering.

I was wondering if anybody has ever felt really cold from drinking too much water? Last night I was freezing, went to bed early, with a long sleeve shirt, and then woke up with a "fuzzy" head this morning. I could not concentrate and was completely slow motion. I barely drove in to work, my eyes kept on closing, and even had a 10 minutes power nap in my car after arriving at the office. Now that I have drank my coffee I do feel a little better (I never have coffee prior to coming to the office, so I know that is not the case). My coach also warned me about drinking too much water, said I should not have more than 3 l, but I usually have 4+.
I get very cold if my drinks have ice so I'm just drinking my water room temp most of the time. The fuzzy head sounds like perhaps you forgot your salt? This can lower blood pressure.
Last spring I had lots of times when I was super tired driving home from work. Making sure I added my salt really helped.

Guys! I lost my food journal :( I'm going to track it on a regular notebook, but I think my coach may be mad.
Attitude adjustment time! You pay your coach for their services.
The coach isn't the boss of you.
I'm sorry you lost your journal because it is a wonderful record but please don't give the coach all that power and control.

Could I possibly get this chicken soup recipe. I love chicken noodle (really miss it as a matter of fact) and have to say that having something on hand and ready to go in a pinch would be great. Sometimes, between work and life, I would love to skip cooking a full dinner for the night. Thank you!
I just added it to the recipe thread
Another good example of what happens when recipes are shared "other places" and not also copied to the recipe thread. They're too hard to find later!!! No problem with sharing recipes in other threads, as a matter of conversation, but PLEASE be sure they're also in the recipe threads for future reference!

lisa32989
03-04-2014, 03:41 PM
Way to go Jen! I would even pay for that. Hmmm...I sense a business opportunity here... :D
Taking what others have freely shared and making a business would not be in the spirit of paying it forward...
I would have to remove any recipe I have shared if that were to happen.

The other issue is copyright, since we have many recipes shared on those threads from multiple sites.

GettinHealthyNow
03-04-2014, 04:31 PM
I was joking ... :)

djs06
03-04-2014, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the suggestions re staying off the scale! :) tomorrow is weigh in and then it's going bye bye until next Wednesday.

lisa32989
03-04-2014, 04:34 PM
Good:D. It still doesn't hurt to make sure everyone knows this could result in an issue, since the topic came up.

ReenHag
03-04-2014, 05:40 PM
Happy Mardi Gras! I hope everyone is having a good week so far. Formal observation was this morning, and IMO, it went well. I should have a meeting with my principal in the next few days to get some feedback.

Congrats on all the losses!

Schenectady, i love it when hubby cooks big batches, although I am pretty over soup at this point. Last week, he made a huge batch of stuffed peppers, and we ate on them all week. This weekend, he made a ten pound roast beef and two roasted chickens, so we are SET on protein for a while!

Stay warm!

Sounds like a great day! Enjoy!

AWESOME! Thanks!

dlr9774
03-04-2014, 05:45 PM
Great news to report: deposited 4 lbs today at my weigh in. Stuck to IP 100% and did my 15 minutes of walking on the treadmill daily and I lost 4lbs. Got some of the new unrestricted crisps today- BBQ and Salt and vinegar. I got the last two bags of each so I hope my clinic can reorder and keep them coming, all the IP members want them.

jendilly
03-04-2014, 06:08 PM

I knew you were. :) I would never charge for anything like this. It's not like it's professionally done. Just an easy reference to have in a different place than the board. I'm doing my best to credit who posted things, but can't even guarantee it will have that. That being said, if anyone does not want me copying their recipes into the document (not calling it a cookbook...since really, it's just a place I've copied and pasted recipes and organized them by category). I kind of figured that once they are posted on a public forum like this, they're pretty much fair game to use. But, I will totally respect if someone doesn't want theirs used for any reason.

IntheEvening
03-04-2014, 06:21 PM
What do you think would do more damage, cheating on IP, or eating more protein and veggies. I currently on my TOM and I have been eating more protein and veggies, because I'm craving sweets, like crazy! I think I did the right thing?!?! But now I'm worried about my weigh in on Saturday.

I figured eating more allowed food is better than cheating. Right?

I think I just need reassurance on this. lol :D

JLUS
03-04-2014, 06:38 PM
What do you think would do more damage, cheating on IP, or eating more protein and veggies. I currently on my TOM and I have been eating more protein and veggies, because I'm craving sweets, like crazy! I think I did the right thing?!?! But now I'm worried about my weigh in on Saturday.

Well... Actually eating more protein and veggies IS cheating (hard to believe eating veggies is cheating!). Eating other items (carbs) could put you out of ketosis (fat burning mode) but extra meat is extra calories and fat and extra veg is extra calories/fat. Extra anything can affect losses.

That being said, a couple scrambled egg whites or a hard boiled egg can help on occasion. Hot tea with a touch of allowed sweetener could help with the cravings. Are you having one restricted to help with that as part of your packets? Though some actually find that increases cravings and they try to stay away from any sweet products.

Hang in there... More suggestions will be forthcoming on here to help you get through and keep you 100%!!

IntheEvening
03-04-2014, 06:43 PM
Are you having one restricted to help with that as part of your packets? Though some actually find that increases cravings and they try to stay away from any sweet products.

Hang in there... More suggestions will be forthcoming on here to help you get through and keep you 100%!!

I have my restricted for breakfast. My cravings tend to happen during dinner time. But your right on the extra calories, is sorta cheating.

djs06
03-04-2014, 07:50 PM
Great news to report: deposited 4 lbs today at my weigh in. Stuck to IP 100% and did my 15 minutes of walking on the treadmill daily and I lost 4lbs. Got some of the new unrestricted crisps today- BBQ and Salt and vinegar. I got the last two bags of each so I hope my clinic can reorder and keep them coming, all the IP members want them.

:bravo: :cheer: That's wonderful, keep up the great work!

Eh, I definitely have my days where I eat more veggies or slightly more protein than the plan calls for. Sometimes this is entirely by accident; other times it's on purpose if I feel like I'll 'go rogue' if I don't eat a little bit extra. (This is mainly why I don't consider myself a 100%er).

I would of course try to avoid it as much as you can, but no sense beating yourself up about it. TOM can be a huge challenge. I could eat like a linebacker and still be hungry!

tinespeens
03-04-2014, 08:17 PM
gnalosit: i tend to go off plan, and the only thing i notice is that i don't lose as fast as i did before, but the losses are still there.
i'm losing about 2 pounds a week, and i'm more than ok with that :)
keep up the good work, and you'll be fine!

Jenny38
03-04-2014, 08:23 PM

Jendilly - great idea, would totally appreciate a copy.

Morning Everyone. I've just caught up on the chats from yesterday - pulled a 14 hour work day due to busy season and looks like another one today. This is where a sad face should go but I'm too tired to figure out how to do that!

I'm lucky that I live only 5 mins drive from work so I dashed home at about 7pm and made a stir-fry before heading back to work!

Way yo go Rosieposie:carrot:

Gaolsit- I made a decision to go off plan for one day over Christmas and it lasted for 6 and I'd gained 7 lbs! Set my clinic record for the most weight put on between weigh-ins. Everyday that week I would try to get back OP but would go off in the evening. It took me two weeks, $$ wasted to get it off and more importantly told me that I still had to figure out my cravings and when to STOP!
Good for you for getting right back OP.

Great loses this week. I am hoping to reach 100lbs lose from my highest this week. Last week I was 2.5 away.

cassiemac
03-04-2014, 08:37 PM
Your rock! count me in on that one! searching is a PIA some days!

cant agree more.

Vippysue
03-04-2014, 09:51 PM
Headed on a 9 hour car trip tomorrow with my doggie. I'm going to be gone 10 days. I'm driving to meet my daughter to help her pick out a wedding dress. :-) I've packed my scale, IP products, magic bullet and my cooking stone for roasting veggies. I'm really hoping that I can stay on plan with all the "upset" to my routine.

Reading today's posts about going off plan will certainly be inspirational. I may not lose much, but I certainly don't want to gain.

JLUS
03-04-2014, 10:12 PM
Headed on a 9 hour car trip tomorrow with my doggie. I'm going to be gone 10 days. I'm driving to meet my daughter to help her pick out a wedding dress. :-) I've packed my scale, IP products, magic bullet and my cooking stone for roasting veggies. I'm really hoping that I can stay on plan with all the "upset" to my routine.

Reading today's posts about going off plan will certainly be inspirational. I may not lose much, but I certainly don't want to gain.

You CAN DO whatever you set your mind to and commit to doing! GO FOR IT!!!

eandc2006
03-04-2014, 10:15 PM

I believe in you and I know you can do it.you have com me so far...keep the momentum going.

Panya
03-04-2014, 10:25 PM
I feel somewhat down today. On my 1st WI I lost 5 lbs, then 2 lbs 2nd WI. The third WI I gained I lb :(. My coach is very very disappointed. She kept asking me if I really want to do this. She said okay I will put you on the burst diet. :( ...

sarahBell
03-04-2014, 10:35 PM
I feel somewhat down today. On my 1st WI I lost 5 lbs, then 2 lbs 2nd WI. The third WI I gained I lb :(. My coach is very very disappointed. She kept asking me if I really want to do this. She said okay I will put you on the burst diet. :( ...

Ok I do not have a coach BUT I do not think that the job of a "coach" is to shame you or make you second guess if you want to do IP! For the $$$ they charge they should go over what you have done during that week and help find where you went wrong and help you through it NOT "demote" you . they work for you. Maybe someone else can chime in here too!

Ruth Ann
03-04-2014, 10:44 PM

Panya - I'm so sorry you are down today. You've lost 6 pounds in 3 weeks which is a good loss!

As to why you gained a pound - did your coach go over your food diary with you to see if something could be awry? Did your measurements change any? Are you close to your TOM? Have a cold? Have a higher than usual sodium day? There are so many reasons the scale could go up a pound. Remember, the scale isn't the only measure of success.

As far as your coach being disappointed - it's the coach's job to help you track down what, if anything, is wrong. It's not the coach's job to belittle you - remember, you are paying for this program and it's expensive. I have no idea what the "burst diet" is (first I've heard that term and I've been on IP for more than 10 months).

Hang in there - sometimes it's just your body adjusting. And don't let the silly coach make you feel bad, that's just wrong.

canadjineh
03-04-2014, 10:50 PM

She should have checked with you if you were having regular bowel movements, drinking all your water, taking a close look at your food diary with you, is it TOM, was there extra salt somewhere in your diet, this coach needs work... BTW, what the heck is a burst diet?!

Hang in there, you are doing this for YOU and it's a long term project...so keep it up and you will see results. Heck you already are, 6 lbs down in 3 weeks - sounds like normal healthy weight loss to me...:cp:

Liana

JLUS
03-04-2014, 10:56 PM

I'd ask her if she is SURE she wants to be a coach... She certainly isn't acting like one and won't have clients for long if that is her approach!