Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat

lisa32989
03-03-2014, 06:42 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

IntheEvening
03-03-2014, 07:31 AM
Good Morning all!

Hope you all had a great weekend and it continues for the rest of the week! :D

Question: It's about TOM, my cramps were worst than normal, is this due to losing weight?

Ruth Ann
03-03-2014, 08:21 AM
Good Morning all!

Hope you all had a great weekend and it continues for the rest of the week! :D

Question: It's about TOM, my cramps were worst than normal, is this due to losing weight?

It could be. When you lose weight you release hormones that are stored in your fat so it could cause some irregularity, etc. in your cycle. I hope your coach told you it can also effect your birth control (i.e. make it less effective) so you should use a back up method.

IntheEvening
03-03-2014, 08:26 AM
It could be. When you lose weight you release hormones that are stored in your fat so it could cause some irregularity, etc. in your cycle. I hope your coach told you it can also effect your birth control (i.e. make it less effective) so you should use a back up method.

They actually didn't! I found that out from reading this board. I love my clinic and all but I'm glad this forum exists!

Ruth Ann
03-03-2014, 08:31 AM
They actually didn't! I found that out from reading this board. I love my clinic and all but I'm glad this forum exists!

Glad you found out! You might mention to your coach that it is good information for women starting out to have!

Kawaii1002
03-03-2014, 08:39 AM
Morning all.. been active on other threads, decided to tiptoe into daily chat and say hello to all the "regulars". Hoping this week is a good week WI wise, since I'm only .8 away from making it into the "two's". Here's to hoping! :)

shrinkingsusie
03-03-2014, 08:51 AM
Good morning!

I am pretty sure I have hit a plateau... I have been gaining and losing the same three lbs for over a month now even though I am completely OP (I find weekends I have a hard time getting all my water in).

Was really hoping to start phasing off by my bday (end of April) and be in maintenance for a trip I'm taking the end of May.

I am bouncing back and forthc rom 169-172. My lowest adult weight that I can remember was roughly 160. I have a feeling this is my body tellig me where it should be, but I barely lost any inches off my thighs/calves, which is the part of me I dislike the most.

Frustrating, but I'm just going to keep plugging away. Maybe I will tKe a break from the scale and pay more attention to the measuring tape.

Hope everyone has a great day!

sweetenuf
03-03-2014, 08:51 AM
Good Morning everyone!! It is 26 here in Katy this morning :) That will wake you up when you step outside lol. This week will be a busy one for me. My husband goes back to work in a week. So this week is when we get everything done. Hope you all have a great Monday......

IdealProteinNewbie
03-03-2014, 08:56 AM
I saw it posted on another thread but can't find it now re: daily videos.

IP used to charge $10/month to the dieter for them but people got so annoyed they are given at no cost now.

ColoradoCarol
03-03-2014, 09:01 AM
Happy Monday everyone!!! It felt like a very short weekend. I hope everyone has a good week (both IP and otherwise).

Ruth Ann - Glad to hear you had a great getaway with the hubby. Sorry about your ankle, but glad it didn't ruin the weekend.

trinny
03-03-2014, 09:08 AM
Good morning! Yesterday I saw the woman who first informed me about Ideal Protein. She is looking even more amazing. So inspirational. This morning I got up with new commitment and vigor to stay on plan.

If she can do it, then why can't I, right? And seeing how wonderful and happy she looks makes me realize that it really is worth pushing through the tough spots.

nicoleroper
03-03-2014, 09:14 AM
I have been at a dance competition all weekend. I have tried to stay on plan as much as possible. I know I didn't get all my veggie in this weekend.

schenectady
03-03-2014, 09:17 AM
I do not know how to dancing carrots or any of that fun stuff on here...fairy dust....

but for those who have been supporting me in the ups and downs since August.....

ONEDERLAND, ONEDERLAND, ONEDERLAND, ONEDERLAND, ONDERLAND!!

Can't tell I am excited, can you? I am now at 97 lost since the height, 71 on Ideal Protein, and in Onderland for the first time since I was dating my husband.

My body decided to be mean and I sat at 200.00 for over 6 days, having played at 200-201 for two weeks. So I earned this sweet baby because I was 100% OP AND PATIENT (see, Lisa, I have learned from you).

lisa32989
03-03-2014, 09:19 AM
Good morning!

I am pretty sure I have hit a plateau... I have been gaining and losing the same three lbs for over a month now even though I am completely OP (I find weekends I have a hard time getting all my water in).

Was really hoping to start phasing off by my bday (end of April) and be in maintenance for a trip I'm taking the end of May.

I am bouncing back and forth from 169-172. My lowest adult weight that I can remember was roughly 160. I have a feeling this is my body telling me where it should be, but I barely lost any inches off my thighs/calves, which is the part of me I dislike the most.

Frustrating, but I'm just going to keep plugging away. Maybe I will tKe a break from the scale and pay more attention to the measuring tape.

Susie: ugh! Welcome to my world. An unfortunate plateau world I don't want to invite anyone into. I completely understand the bouncing up/down. I plateaued but this is NOT my body telling me where it should be. I'm still overweight!

I'm actually doing some gut health corrections, which includes removing all added splenda (no Mio or WF or other added sweet, except for liquid stevia or xylitol). After that, if I'm still stuck, we're going to do adrenal testing to check for adrenal fatigue, cortisol levels, more thyroid tests, etc. There is certainly something blocking my ability to lose more weight and I plan on getting to the bottom of it.

You & I are the same height, have the same goal, but are very different ages.

May I suggest giving it a couple of more weeks?

From watching some of our maintainers lose those last few lbs, it sometimes took a LONG time (months, instead of weeks). I've seen people bounce up/down and then suddenly get another whoosh. And I'd suggest removal of all extra sources of sucralose, including WF, Mio, Torani, etc . As I use up my packets, etc, I'll be replacing with stevia-sweetened protein such as Syntrax Nectar Naturals. Be sure to mix-up your food. Change-up your menus and protein sources.

And if a couple more weeks don't give you any more downward movement on the scale, you may want to read Lyle McDonald's book, Rapid Fatloss Handbook (available PDF online). It was after reading that when I decided to take a Phase 1 break, cycling through p2 ,3 and back to 1. That resulted in another loss but not the ongoing WL I needed to get to goal.

Hang in there! I'm still searching for an answer to my plateau. You'll get to the bottom of yours.

lisa32989
03-03-2014, 09:25 AM
Morning all.. been active on other threads, decided to tiptoe into daily chat and say hello to all the "regulars". Hoping this week is a good week WI wise, since I'm only .8 away from making it into the "two's". Here's to hoping! :)
So happy to see you venturing out! This community is so supportive and is a great place! I wish you scale success this week!

schenectady
Welcome to onderland!
Yay!
:cp::bravo: :dancer:
Patience pays!

shrinkingsusie
03-03-2014, 09:38 AM
Susie: ugh! Welcome to my world. An unfortunate world I don't want to invite anyone into. I completely understand the bouncing up/down. I plateaued but this is NOT my body telling me where it should be. I'm still overweight!

I'm actually doing some gut health corrections, which includes removing all added splenda (no Mio or WF or other added sweet, except for liquid stevia or xylitol). After that, if I'm still stuck, we're going to do adrenal testing to check for adrenal fatigue, cortisol levels, more thyroid tests, etc. There is certainly something blocking my ability to lose more weight and I plan on getting to the bottom of it.

You & I are the same height, have the same goal, but are very different ages.

May I suggest giving it a couple of more weeks?

From watching some of our maintainers lose those last few lbs, it sometimes took a LONG time (months, instead of weeks). I've seen people bounce up/down and then suddenly get another whoosh. And I'd suggest removal of all extra sources of sucralose, including WF, Mio, Torani, etc . As I use up my packets, etc, I'll be replacing with stevia-sweetened protein such as Syntrax Nectar Naturals. Be sure to mix-up your food. Change-up your menus and protein sources.

And if a couple more weeks don't give you any more downward movement on the scale, you may want to read Lyle McDonald's book, Rapid Fatloss Handbook (available PDF online). It was after reading that when I decided to take a Phase 1 break, cycling through p2 ,3 and back to 1. That resulted in another loss but not the ongoing WL I needed to get to goal.

Hang in there! I'm still searching for an answer to my plateau. You'll get to the bottom of yours.

Thanks. Lisa. I have been using Mio a few times a week to try to help make sure I'm getting in my water. Going to stop that! I usually have some sort of beef or chicken as my protein one day one, the next day the other.

Let me know how all your tests go! I will keep my fingers crossed that you get some answers!

drd1961
03-03-2014, 10:18 AM
Good morning! Yesterday I saw the woman who first informed me about Ideal Protein. She is looking even more amazing. So inspirational. This morning I got up with new commitment and vigor to stay on plan.

If she can do it, then why can't I, right? And seeing how wonderful and happy she looks makes me realize that it really is worth pushing through the tough spots.
You can do it! You started at the same point I started IP and you are going where I am at. It is doable!

smallerin2014
03-03-2014, 10:31 AM
Happy Monday! My clinic (in northern VA) is closed due to the snow. I'm actually disappointed that I don't have a WI today. On the positive side, I can postpone shoveling until this afternoon:smug:

djs06
03-03-2014, 11:06 AM
schenectady- congratulations!!!! Here's your dancing carrot :) :carrot: :carrot: :cheer: :cheer: :bravo: :bravo:

smallerin2014- aw, disappointing, but I bet next week's WI will be REALLY great! :)

finale
03-03-2014, 11:08 AM
Good Morning all I love this website and have realized this is one of the places I depend on Positive feedback and support.
I have been working out steadily at my Gold's gym in town and had my measurements done a couple weeks ago and this is something that I recommend for all people that are doing IP. The measurements are the great thing that we forget about.
I have lost 2 inches in my neck, 4 inches in my waist, 7.5 inches on my hips, 3 inches in my Bicep, and 1 inch in my thigh. This was the push that I needed to say to myself this is working and giving up food that was not helping me is a good thing.
I was then asked to do a commercial for the gym about their personal training and in the past I've had 3 personal trainers through them and if I would've started IP and ate this way and did my personal training wow where I would be. I love where I am right now I have so much self esteem and feel like a different person.
However my conversations with my mother are so frustrating and I want to tell her that I can't talk to her anymore due to her being negative and not supporting me.
Yesterday I told her that I had jogged 1.5 miles, walked for 7 minutes and jogged 1.5 miles again. I am competing in a 10k in May and am well on my way to accomplishing this goal I've set for myself. My mother says TONI you have got to quit you will be nothing. I told her I still way 204 and I have a long way to go in my weight loss battle. She said you look like you weigh 150, I told her I don't. I get so upset after talking with her and she always says we need to be supportive of my sister who had Gastric Sleeve done, How about being supportive of me. I'm trying really hard not to be hurt but in a way it's like she is trying to keep me from achieving my weightloss goal.
Thanks for listening to me and being there for me. I have come so far in my weightloss journey and I attribute that to all of you on this website. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

smileyface678
03-03-2014, 11:22 AM
Week 3 weigh in tomorrow!!! Really hope to see 2lbs or more... Thanks to everyone for your help and support in this forum.

Victoria xo

eandc2006
03-03-2014, 11:28 AM

Trinny you and I started at about the same stats and I am here to say that its worth pushing through. You are going to feel great once you reach goal!

smileyface678
03-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Good Morning all I love this website and have realized this is one of the places I depend on Positive feedback and support.
I have been working out steadily at my Gold's gym in town and had my measurements done a couple weeks ago and this is something that I recommend for all people that are doing IP. The measurements are the great thing that we forget about.
I have lost 2 inches in my neck, 4 inches in my waist, 7.5 inches on my hips, 3 inches in my Bicep, and 1 inch in my thigh. This was the push that I needed to say to myself this is working and giving up food that was not helping me is a good thing.
I was then asked to do a commercial for the gym about their personal training and in the past I've had 3 personal trainers through them and if I would've started IP and ate this way and did my personal training wow where I would be. I love where I am right now I have so much self esteem and feel like a different person.
However my conversations with my mother are so frustrating and I want to tell her that I can't talk to her anymore due to her being negative and not supporting me.
Yesterday I told her that I had jogged 1.5 miles, walked for 7 minutes and jogged 1.5 miles again. I am competing in a 10k in May and am well on my way to accomplishing this goal I've set for myself. My mother says TONI you have got to quit you will be nothing. I told her I still way 204 and I have a long way to go in my weight loss battle. She said you look like you weigh 150, I told her I don't. I get so upset after talking with her and she always says we need to be supportive of my sister who had Gastric Sleeve done, How about being supportive of me. I'm trying really hard not to be hurt but in a way it's like she is trying to keep me from achieving my weightloss goal.
Thanks for listening to me and being there for me. I have come so far in my weightloss journey and I attribute that to all of you on this website. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Finale you are doing so well!! Keep going - we are all supporting you and cant wait to watch your journey! xo

Chicnana
03-03-2014, 11:30 AM
Hi Finale, Congrats on the running! That is great! I started running last spring, but could not make much progress (probably because of my weight...).

Dealing with unsupportive people must be tough, but you need to stay strong. Speak about your progress to people you know will truly be happy for you... :)

Loosing weight on a diet is a big-deal and you should be very proud!

drd1961
03-03-2014, 11:37 AM
http://cathe.com/5-factors-that-increase-the-risk-of-weight-regain-after-weight-loss

eandc2006
03-03-2014, 11:37 AM
Was wondering if anyone who orders from Nashua could look this over as I am trying to go alternatives now on IP. I am planning on ordering the following.
proti-thin snack chili and lime soy
proti-thin zippers (BBQ and SC and herbs)
proti-diet cereal honey nut soy
proti-diet white cheddar crisps

My understanding is that all are unrestricted with the exception of the proti-thin zippers. Anyone done the oatmeal? Any other suggestions? I would like to get over $100.00 for free shipping so ideas are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks.

Bellamack
03-03-2014, 11:46 AM
I do not know how to dancing carrots or any of that fun stuff on here...fairy dust....

but for those who have been supporting me in the ups and downs since August.....

Can't tell I am excited, can you? I am now at 97 lost since the height, 71 on Ideal Protein, and in Onderland for the first time since I was dating my husband.

My body decided to be mean and I sat at 200.00 for over 6 days, having played at 200-201 for two weeks. So I earned this sweet baby because I was 100% OP AND PATIENT (see, Lisa, I have learned from you).

:)

Siestalady
03-03-2014, 11:51 AM
Hello,
I am very excited about this group and the support opportunities. Have been IP for 4 months and have lost 50 lbs. still going but now I have rediscovered the gym and enjoying working out again. But the flab? Omg! Need to get rid of it. Only downside to rapid weight loss.

lisa32989
03-03-2014, 11:53 AM
eandc2006 I answered your cross post on the alt thread

Siestalady
03-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Having hair loss issues on IP and told you shouldn't stay on longer than 20 weeks. Anyone else with similar issue?

lisa32989
03-03-2014, 12:02 PM
Having hair loss issues on IP and told you shouldn't stay on longer than 20 weeks. Anyone else with similar issue?
There is a whole hair loss thread
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/241703-so-much-hair-loss.html

The more I read about PSMF diets like IP, the more I learn a diet break really should be worked in about every 3 months (12 weeks). I was on for about 10 months and have hit a plateau that just won't break. Losing weight is good for our health but we need to do it in healthy ways...

eandc2006
03-03-2014, 12:02 PM
I know there are lots of people on here who have been on phase 1 much longer than 20 weeks with success. Can I ask who told you about this?

Hiker88
03-03-2014, 12:08 PM
schenectady

Wheee Hooooo! That's amazing! Congrats, I was sooooo excited when I saw that one in front of my weight!!

:broc::broc::broc:

dak1lls
03-03-2014, 12:10 PM
Was wondering if anyone who orders from Nashua could look this over as I am trying to go alternatives now on IP. I am planning on ordering the following.

My understanding is that all are unrestricted with the exception of the proti-thin zippers. Anyone done the oatmeal? Any other suggestions? I would like to get over $100.00 for free shipping so ideas are welcomed and appreciated. Thanks.

since switching to alts at about my 8th week I used all of the items above just about every single day. I followed lamberjules alternative requirements guidelines. Accordingly, she advised that an unrestricted contains 8g net carbs or less. I counted each of these as unrestricted during my time on P1. I did not see any decrease in weight loss when switching to alts. I also had one restricted item every day, usually a bar; the protidiet old fashioned strawberry and peanuts bar was one of my faves!

lisa32989
03-03-2014, 12:13 PM
Beck Diet Solution

Monday Motivation: If you were walking down a flight of stairs and stumbled down a few, would you then say "Well, I've blown it!" and throw yourself down the rest of the stairs? No! You would get back up and resume walking. If you stumbled this weekend, immediately pick yourself back up and start eating in a healthy way again.

finale
03-03-2014, 12:18 PM
drd1961, I love the article, thanks

eandc2006
03-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Beck Diet Solution

Monday Motivation: If you were walking down a flight of stairs and stumbled down a few, would you then say "Well, I've blown it!" and throw yourself down the rest of the stairs? No! You would get back up and resume walking. If you stumbled this weekend, immediately pick yourself back up and start eating in a healthy way again.

LOVE

jendilly
03-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Beck Diet Solution

That is awesome. Thank you so much for sharing, Lisa. :)

Slipfree
03-03-2014, 12:34 PM
Schenectady is in Onederland! :woohoo: :yay: :bravo:

sarahBell
03-03-2014, 12:58 PM

Welcome to onderland!!! Congrats! :hug: :broc: :bravo: :flame: :cupgold:

smileyface678
03-03-2014, 01:03 PM
This is great! Thanks for sharing!

Bellamack
03-03-2014, 01:11 PM
Beck Diet Solution

:) Great analogy

ColoradoCarol
03-03-2014, 01:11 PM

This is the first I have heard of the 20 week limitation. I have been on since mid-July. I don't have any hair loss issues.

sarahBell
03-03-2014, 01:26 PM
This is the first I have heard of the 20 week limitation. I have been on since mid-July. I don't have any hair loss issues.

Ditto!

kontesanera
03-03-2014, 01:56 PM
I just love that quote. I want to print it and laminate it!

Congratulations on onederland scenchtady!

dak1lls
03-03-2014, 02:24 PM

My hair loss started at 16 weeks approximately, but my SIL had no hair loss. It seems to be pretty individual. I was on P1 5 1/2 months when I began phasing off and she was on 6 months. We both were at a point where we needed a break, MENTALLY! I admire those who have had much longer journies. That takes a lot of strength!

ColoradoCarol
03-03-2014, 02:26 PM
My hair loss started at 16 weeks approximately, but my SIL had no hair loss. It seems to be pretty individual. I was on P1 5 1/2 months when I began phasing off and she was on 6 months. We both were at a point where we needed a break, MENTALLY! I admire those who have had much longer journies. That takes a lot of strength!

Dak,

I am afraid that if I take a break, I won't go back. So, I am pushing through and going to finish up, get to/through maintenance. If I need to reboot in the future, that is another story.

KareVT
03-03-2014, 02:43 PM

Hi Kawaii1002 - a warm welcome, welcome, welcome to you! Glad you decided to join in on the fun. It really is quite interesting to learn and interact amongst the group. Fingers crossed that you make your goal this week - we will be here to celebrate with you. Cheers! :D

Good morning!

I am bouncing back and forthc rom 169-172. My lowest adult weight that I can remember was roughly 160. I have a feeling this is my body tellig me where it should be, but I barely lost any inches off my thighs/calves, which is the part of me I dislike the most.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Hi ShrinkingSusie - yes, take a break from the scale, great idea! Otherwise, things become quite daunting and sometimes have a reverse effect. You are on the right track, if you plug through you will continue to be faced with even more success. Maybe reinvent some items and mix up your menu, trick your body a little and make things more interesting.. I wish you luck, you can do it - this is your birthday gift (one of them) to yourself. Push through!!!! :hug:

Schenectady - Congratulations!!!! :carrot: :carrot: x a million more :carrot:

Hello,
I am very excited about this group and the support opportunities. Have been IP for 4 months and have lost 50 lbs. still going but now I have rediscovered the gym and enjoying working out again. But the flab? Omg! Need to get rid of it. Only downside to rapid weight loss.

Hi Siestalady! Congrats on your amazing success, kudos to you. Happy you decided to join in on the fun. Glad you are loving the gym, keep it up and the flab will be disappear :)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/241703-so-much-hair-loss.html

The more I read about PSMF diets like IP, the more I learn a diet break really should be worked in about every 3 months (12 weeks). I was on for about 10 months and have hit a plateau that just won't break. Losing weight is good for our health but we need to do it in healthy ways...

Agreed Lisa, agree. Thanks for the share.

dak1lls
03-03-2014, 02:46 PM
Dak,

I am afraid that if I take a break, I won't go back. So, I am pushing through and going to finish up, get to/through maintenance. If I need to reboot in the future, that is another story.

I know what you mean. It is hard to reboot. I have been maintaining since October, but when I do P1 days they seem to be much harder. I know others have mentioned taking breaks, and I defer to their much broader range of knowledge of how our bodies react to P1. I was just lucky enough that I hit goal in that amount of time. My hat is off to you! You are doing remarkably well and I know you will be able to continue until you hit goal. :hug:

djs06
03-03-2014, 03:04 PM

Way to go on your amazing success! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

As for your mother… :hug: How does she react if you say "I will not discuss this with you anymore, and I don't want to hear your opinion about it?" I've found that in situations like that, if it's just a few topics that hit a nerve, it's way easier to avoid the offending topics and refuse to discuss them. But if it's an overall thing and a symbol for how you interact, I totally understand wanting to keep your distance. Do what's right for you.

I've tried and like all of those. My staples from Nashua are:
cocomint cream pudding/drink from weight loss systems (Lisa got me into making it into a hot chocolate and I have it every day, yum!)
proti diet vanilla wafers (restricted b/c of fat content)
proti thin mocha wafers (restricted, fat and calories, but these are my absolute have)
WLS pretzel twists (unrestricted)
caramel peanut coated soy snacks (restricted)
chocolate coated soy snacks (restricted)

I've tried probably a majority of their products. I'm not a big fan of the bars but most other stuff has been good.

I've been thinking about this, too. I have read a lot about PSMF diets (I have a lot of time on my hands these days..) and have come to the same line of thinking. I would much rather "power through" but I'm considering going until May, phasing off for a month or two and trying maintenance, and getting back to it.

wildirishrose
03-03-2014, 03:06 PM
Hey - I'm not sure if I should post this here - but I'm new so bear with me :D

Today was my week 3 WI. I lost 3 pounds. The first week I lost 9, the second 4.8, I was really hoping for a bigger number than 3, but I'm happy that I did loose 3. If that all makes sense. I'm really just living for the day I don't have to be on IP anymore. I have a long road ahead of me. I have 35 pounds before I reach my 1st goal of 150, but I'd really like to get to 130. Any encouragement or thoughts on how long I will be on it? How to maximize weight loss?

djs06
03-03-2014, 03:11 PM

Today was my week 3 WI. I lost 3 pounds. The first week I lost 9, the second 4.8, I was really hoping for a bigger number than 3, but I'm happy that I did loose 3. If that all makes sense. I'm really just living for the day I don't have to be on IP anymore. I have a long road ahead of me. I have 35 pounds before I reach my 1st goal of 150, but I'd really like to get to 130. Any encouragement or thoughts on how long I will be on it? How to maximize weight loss?

Week three is notorious for 'lower' weight loss. Your body is adjusting to the weight loss and calibrating, the way it should be. The glycogen stores are depleted (which is part of what makes our week 1 and 2 numbers so high) and now you're losing more fat. 3 pounds for week three is great. There's really nothing you can do to 'maximize weight loss' on this diet. As long as you're following and getting everything you're supposed to get without eating anything you shouldn't be, you will get results. Just hang in there and keep up the good work!

wildirishrose
03-03-2014, 03:19 PM
Week three is notorious for 'lower' weight loss. Your body is adjusting to the weight loss and calibrating, the way it should be. The glycogen stores are depleted (which is part of what makes our week 1 and 2 numbers so high) and now you're losing more fat. 3 pounds for week three is great. There's really nothing you can do to 'maximize weight loss' on this diet. As long as you're following and getting everything you're supposed to get without eating anything you shouldn't be, you will get results. Just hang in there and keep up the good work!

Thanks! Any idea why I'm hungry today? I had a chocolate drink with 2 c. spinach - and I'm HUNGRY! I haven't been hungry at all on this program and I am today!

GoneNatural
03-03-2014, 03:37 PM
Good afternoon

I'm starting the week off right. Following the protocol and I will not cheat!:goodluck:

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w7ObAyX/blk-weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7ObAyX/)

drd1961
03-03-2014, 03:41 PM
Thanks! Any idea why I'm hungry today? I had a chocolate drink with 2 c. spinach - and I'm HUNGRY! I haven't been hungry at all on this program and I am today!

Is it TOM? Also sometimes when my body is preparing for a big WL number I am hungrier. It is like it is fighting to keep it on, so I usually ignore the hunger and drink lots of water.

Hiker88
03-03-2014, 03:53 PM

There doesn't seem to be any definite reason on the days I feel hungry... I can go weeks and weeks with no hunger and then suddenly I have a few hard days. The one thing I noticed was the hunger did seem to hit on days I hadn't drank all my water.

sarahBell
03-03-2014, 03:55 PM
Good afternoon

I'm starting the week off right. Following the protocol and I will not cheat!:goodluck:

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: :dust: for you and smidge of it for me :D

GoneNatural
03-03-2014, 04:05 PM

That's true Trinny there are like 5 people doing well at my job. Everyone is opening packages at lunch. LOL

sarahBell
03-03-2014, 04:14 PM
I was still starved after lunch, waited an hour had my restricted- that me me want something sweet more SO I made a cup of Chinese oolong tea with abt 1/2 tsp of cinnamon in it and the cravings are gone!!! I forgot I had the oolong tea and have had 1-2 cups per day and loving it!

so this is a small victory for me- not caving into my sweet tooth!

eandc2006
03-03-2014, 04:26 PM
Way to go on your amazing success! :carrot::carrot::carrot:

As for your mother… :hug: How does she react if you say "I will not discuss this with you anymore, and I don't want to hear your opinion about it?" I've found that in situations like that, if it's just a few topics that hit a nerve, it's way easier to avoid the offending topics and refuse to discuss them. But if it's an overall thing and a symbol for how you interact, I totally understand wanting to keep your distance. Do what's right for you.

I've tried and like all of those. My staples from Nashua are:
cocomint cream pudding/drink from weight loss systems (Lisa got me into making it into a hot chocolate and I have it every day, yum!)
proti diet vanilla wafers (restricted b/c of fat content)
proti thin mocha wafers (restricted, fat and calories, but these are my absolute have)
WLS pretzel twists (unrestricted)
caramel peanut coated soy snacks (restricted)
chocolate coated soy snacks (restricted)

I've tried probably a majority of their products. I'm not a big fan of the bars but most other stuff has been good.

I've been thinking about this, too. I have read a lot about PSMF diets (I have a lot of time on my hands these days..) and have come to the same line of thinking. I would much rather "power through" but I'm considering going until May, phasing off for a month or two and trying maintenance, and getting back to it.

Thank you for your suggestions. I too am not really a huge fan of the bars...they are mediocre at best to me. I much prefer the chips or drinks to the bars. I accidently ordered the health smart apple/cinnamon oatmeal and not the cereal darn it. Have your tried this?

tinespeens
03-03-2014, 04:44 PM
have been stuck in bed since saturday night. not sure if it's the flu, but i feel super crappy.
have been completely off plan, mainly due to the fact that i don't feel like eating, and when i do eat something, it doesn't sit well.
starting to feel a little better, so i'm making myself some plain toast to see if it stays down.
hopefully i'll be back on track by tomorrow or wednesday.

JLUS
03-03-2014, 05:02 PM

WHOA THERE... In three weeks you lost 17 pounds... That is more than 5 pounds per week average!!! What other diet have been on with those results? :dizzy:

After the first week of water loss most people settle into an average if 1.5-2 lbs per week with some larger whoooshes as well as some zero loss weeks (tho in those weeks many often lose inches not fat!)

Many, many things play into losses as you will read here over and over (and DO read everything you can on here and you will learn so much!)

You have had AMAZING results, so start doing your HAPPY DANCE. :dancer:
And KEEP ON KEEPING ON!!!

eandc2006
03-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Thank you for your suggestions. I too am not really a huge fan of the bars...they are mediocre at best to me. I much prefer the chips or drinks to the bars. I accidently ordered the health smart apple/cinnamon oatmeal and not the cereal darn it. Have your tried this?

OKay so I just called Nashua and they were able to change my order before shipping it out. Big props for their customer service. I am also ordered the WLS pretzels that were recommended. Thanks all.

AmberLS
03-03-2014, 06:49 PM
End of week two official weigh in, I lost 3.4lbs this week for a total of 12.2lbs of which 9.6 has been fat. Calculated that there are 12 more weeks between now and summer at an average of 3.4lbs per week I will see under 200 by June... that is HUGE I can hardly weight since it's not that long.

MntRose
03-03-2014, 07:20 PM
It's been a bumpy road, and at very least I can say I haven't gained it all back!

I had gotten a good week in and lost 4 pounds when I hurt my back and gave into the pain. I really don't handle pain well at all and in gained 5 pounds. Got myself to the place where my head and heart had a pow wow and back on plan even with this pain and this week lost the same 5 pounds I had just gained.

All I can say for anyone thinking they want a break, be very careful as I have seen some be able to do it with what looked like ease. I on the other hand am having a very hard time getting back and staying back. (I have honestly started mimicking my brothers NA mantra about taking it one day at a time and if that is too hard to take it one minute at a time.) So think hard about your mind set, you all know yourselves the best, and do what is best. Oh why I mentioned this, the hair loss thing! I didn't start losing any hair until 3 weeks after I had stopped in August to try to get my cholesterol number under my works screening limits for our health insurance. So go figure about hair loss, It isn't the same for everyone and yet it is our bodies way of dealing with the stress that comes with weight changes.

I hope everyone is excellent to themselves today :hug:

ssdlturtle
03-03-2014, 07:22 PM
Schenectady - Congratulations!!!! x a million more - can't wait until I join you there.

Had a rough weekend, cravings were bad, not sure wise, but was able to get into 2 pairs of pants I could not get into two wks ago and have three others hopefully will be in soon.

Lisa you are inspirational!!!!!!!!!!! You are so positive. Just want to lose and feel better.

Everyone have a great week

vachinyc
03-03-2014, 08:04 PM
... I am pretty sure I have hit a plateau... I have been gaining and losing the same three lbs for over a month now even though I am completely OP (I find weekends I have a hard time getting all my water in).

Sorry Susie. I know it must be frustrating. We're with you. Hoping the measuring tape approach helps. You're doing so well. :hug:

...but for those who have been supporting me in the ups and downs since August.....

SO AWESOME! Congrats, Congrats, Congrats. Happy dance! :dancer:

We had (another) snow day today so a work from home day for me. I wish snow days were really snow days. Darn technology!

I branched out and made a pork loin roast with veggies in the crock pot today. For tonight and tomorrow. It was the first time that when eating alone, I've cooked more than I can have in one sitting. In the beginning I didn't trust myself because every other diet has left me so hungry I didn't properly portion. Finally, felt ready (and found the dusty crock pot and bought the ingredients) 8 oz is really a lot! :)

IP POWER to you all!

advocatemom
03-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Ok, I had to Google PSMF to see exactly what that meant. Not sure I read the most qualified links but what I did see makes me have some questions. I will be phasing off at week 8 for a trip (I am still back & forth on whether or not I can stay P2 but my coach wants me to phase off). To not mess up the glycogen reset, should the phase off be for a full 2 weeks and then back to P1?

The info I read had some differing thoughts about how one cheat day or meal does more bad than good and that a full two-week break is needed. At least I *think* that's what I was understanding. Had a kid home for another snow day & Spongebob was going pretty loud next to me LOL!!

Any thoughts from the IP pros on this? Thx!!

vachinyc
03-03-2014, 08:19 PM
Hello,

Welcome and great job Siestalady!

Good afternoon

Great attitude GoneNatural. :D

I was still starved after lunch, waited an hour had my restricted- that me me want something sweet more SO I made a cup of Chinese oolong tea with abt 1/2 tsp of cinnamon in it and the cravings are gone!!! I forgot I had the oolong tea and have had 1-2 cups per day and loving it!

Big victory SarahBell. I think they all are... Given that we are changing how we think and act when those old behaviors have been ingrained so long. Good for you!

Had a rough weekend, cravings were bad, not sure wise, but was able to get into 2 pairs of pants I could not get into two wks ago and have three others hopefully will be in soon.

Awesome NSV ssdlturtle! Have you tried...more water, herbal teas, a dill pickle or even a scrambled egg white or two for cravings? Though it may not be what you were craving, one of those might help divert your attention. Some people also go brush their teeth and/or chew gum.

Slipfree
03-03-2014, 08:56 PM
Susie, I understand your frustration with your slowdown. I was so annoyed by mine. I did decide to stay off the scale during the week. I switched my restricted to breakfast and added more water. After 4 weeks, it broke through. :hugs: Hope it ends soon for you. Just keep doing all the successful things you have been and have faith that it is working.

Vachinyc- I make an easy pork loin. Baste pork with Dijon mustard, place in oven dish, add one packet of WF maple syrup over the top so that it surrounds it. Top with herbs of choice, I add herbs Provence and dried shallots. Cook for 1 hour. 2 nights of dinner, so easy. Thank you for being so supportive to everyone on the thread. Stay warm.

Ssdturtle, sorry that the cravings are tough. Some weeks are definitely harder than others. Stay strong.

Wildirishrose- I think your losses are fantastic. Jlus, is right, things slow down, Even when you are 100%

Amber, glad that you are having success. Just want to caution you about weight timelines. Sometimes, the body does not understand averages, lol. I found it easier to focus on 10 pound increments.

Tinespeens, hope you feel better soon.

Mntrose, glad that you are back on track. Hope your back pain is gone for good.

KareVT
03-03-2014, 10:08 PM

Hi Wildirishrose - welcome; so happy to have you join up with us fellow IP'ers. You have had amazing success so far, it's hard not to get used to the higher losses. Please don't fret, you are making tremendous strides and you should be proud. Remember, even the smaller losses eventually add up to something AND, it's way better than the alternative. Take deep breaths and follow the plan and you will be pleasantly satisfied. ;)

Good afternoon

Hi GoneNatural - that's positive thinking at it's best, you CAN do this! We're all here rooting for you and if you need support, just turn to the boards. I'll make the pact with you! :D

Hey SaraBell - AWESOME NSV; KUDOS!!!! I'm going to go out tomorrow and get some oolong tea (what flavor is Oolong?). I've been drinking decaf green tea but an alternative would be nice. That was such a great and guilt-free vice to turn to; smart of you too. I've had to recently stop eating the bars (my experiment for the week) since they increased my cravings by 100%. I'm just finishing up day 5 minus any restricteds and the cravings have surprisingly subsided. I was only going to try this for a week but, I may possibly go for another week and see how I feel.

Thanks for sharing your NSV and how you kicked the cravings to the curb! :)

sarahBell
03-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Hi Wildirishrose - welcome; so happy to have you join up with us fellow IP'ers. You have had amazing success so far, it's hard not to get used to the higher losses. Please don't fret, you are making tremendous strides and you should be proud. Remember, even the smaller losses eventually add up to something AND, it's way better than the alternative. Take deep breaths and follow the plan and you will be pleasantly satisfied. ;)

Hi GoneNatural - that's positive thinking at it's best, you CAN do this! We're all here rooting for you and if you need support, just turn to the boards. I'll make the pact with you! :D

Hey SaraBell - AWESOME NSV; KUDOS!!!! I'm going to go out tomorrow and get some oolong tea (what flavor is Oolong?). I've been drinking decaf green tea but an alternative would be nice. That was such a great and guilt-free vice to turn to; smart of you too. I've had to recently stop eating the bars (my experiment for the week) since they increased my cravings by 100%. I'm just finishing up day 5 minus any restricteds and the cravings have surprisingly subsided. I was only going to try this for a week but, I may possibly go for another week and see how I feel.

Thanks for sharing your NSV and how you kicked the cravings to the curb! :)

Oolong tea has it's own flavor and antioxidents and it can help detox you a bit (it is super yummy) add cinnamon and you are good to go!

I am making a cup now and this will be my last treat for the day. I may sans the restricted for a week or two (maybe eat the soy nuts not sweet ones) and see how I react!

brelo
03-03-2014, 10:58 PM
It's been a bumpy road, and at very least I can say I haven't gained it all back

All I can say for anyone thinking they want a break, be very careful as I have seen some be able to do it with what looked like ease. I on the other hand am having a very hard time getting back and staying back.

I hope everyone is excellent to themselves today :hug:

I was one of those people that went off for a couple of short breaks, and then got back on track right away. And then the last planned break I went on, when I was going to a fitness resort, ended up being more extended than I originally thought when my trip was over. Anyway, I have told of this elsewhere and won't repeat my story but to say going off track can be a slippery slope indeed, especially if you are fueled by the confidence that you had done it before. Let me tell you, don't do it!! I was "lucky" that I stopped my downward trend and got back on board before too much damage was done. The best thing that came out of it was that I learned so much from that mistake.