Metabolic Research Center - MRC March 2014

View Full Version : MRC March 2014

skelley331
03-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Well finally it's march so I'm looking forward to spring if it every gets here.

patzi
03-02-2014, 08:15 AM
Hello Everyone...

Well, here is another month. I want to wish y'all a great weight loss month and remember, think thin.

Patzi

hatethesweatpants
03-02-2014, 09:51 AM
Shorts, tank tops, skirts and bathing suits are on the way....time to focus for me and not lose steam. Not to mention, my crossfit coach makes us run miles and miles and miles a week in the heat....much easier -20lbs! Happy March, all!

bombshellinprogress
03-02-2014, 05:41 PM
Happy March ladies! Hope everyone is keeping warm and staying on plan. I've been really hungry today but finally busted that darn plateau!!!

geo56
03-02-2014, 06:00 PM
Hello everyone! It is a beautiful spring day here in the Fl panhandle. This day 23 for me and I am doing great.
Wishing everyone great success this week.

selway
03-02-2014, 07:38 PM
Woot woot bombshellinprogress!!!

Geo56, way to work the program!

I posted on here yesterday but it didn't post for some reason. I lost three pounds last week. I'm happy since I had the Gatorade and chicken noodle soup while recovering from a horrible flu. I also took the week off of exercise to see if it would help my back. I am back to my Jillian Michaels program tomorrow. I am making my lunches for the next few days and fixing my dinner - turkey burger (without the bun).

I hit my first -25 pounds goal so I treated myself to a pedicure yesterday! I am now classified as obese and not morbidly obese. Next - overweight! Sounds odd to be celebrating being obese, but it is progress!

hatethesweatpants - thanks for all of the encouragement!

Skelley331 - glad to hear the progress continues!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend and here's to another great week. We can do this!!

skelley331
03-02-2014, 07:51 PM
tomorrow starts my new week, my days run Monday-sunday! I weigh in on Saturday this week. Had a great day today, stripped wallpaper border and getting ready to paint tomorrow, we are getting a lot of snow right now so I thought since I was going to be stuck in I would do something productive.

Patzi: yes we all need to think thin
bombshellinprogress: Woot Woot, glad you broke the plateau, I knew you could do it
geo56: Glad you are having great success way to go!
selway: congrats! And I love my pedicures!!!

Here is to another great month!!
:kissluck:

bombshellinprogress
03-02-2014, 09:33 PM
Thank you all so much for the support!

AshleyRae
03-03-2014, 11:54 AM
Wow! Sounds like everyone is completely owning this month already! Way to go and keep it up!!!
I'm on the devil of the yellow menu, but having the flu (or the plague, which is how I feel!) makes the restrictions tolerable ;) Silver linings, right?
I'm hoping that my weigh-in tomorrow will show some loss, even though I've not been able to eat everything that was allowed. I hope it didn't send me into starvation mode or anything. Fingers crossed!
Mom's been doing SUPER well, and is enjoying things so far. I'm sure she'll see awesome results tomorrow at her weigh-in, too. I'm more excited for her than I am for myself!

Keep up the GREAT work, everyone!!!

selway
03-03-2014, 05:57 PM
AshleyRae - LOL on the plague comment and way to go thinking that the plague is a silver lining! :)

I hope everyone is having a great Monday!

bombshellinprogress
03-04-2014, 08:59 AM
Last week when I went into the center, I discussed always being hungry with one of the counselors. Her theory was that my body was just gonna have to adjust because I was one that was used to eating every few hours (which is what I've always been taught in the past). She looked over my menu and said that everything looked great and I'm doing what I'm supposed to. Has anyone else had this experience or heard of anyone getting snacks (such as a few nuts or something). I don't feel like I'm gonna stick with this if I'm always hungry!!!!

hatethesweatpants
03-04-2014, 09:24 AM
Last week when I went into the center, I discussed always being hungry with one of the counselors. Her theory was that my body was just gonna have to adjust because I was one that was used to eating every few hours (which is what I've always been taught in the past). She looked over my menu and said that everything looked great and I'm doing what I'm supposed to. Has anyone else had this experience or heard of anyone getting snacks (such as a few nuts or something). I don't feel like I'm gonna stick with this if I'm always hungry!!!!

It DID take a while for my body to adjust - but it does. It's a painful process and no, there are no snacks besides HNS. If you really don't think you can stick with it, you might try asking for a different menu - MetaBalance (I switched to this after I stopped losing on MetaSlim (which wasn't enough calories for my activity level) or MetaProtein (which is what I'm on now). Also, make sure you're getting your water.

skelley331
03-04-2014, 10:23 AM
Well I'm not sure what's happening with me either! Last Friday I weighed in and was down 2.5 lbs, started the green menu last Thursday and this morning on my scales I was up 3.4lbs and usually the center scales are another lb higher than mine! I don't weigh in until this Saturday so I hope my body straightens out!!!

bombshellinprogress
03-04-2014, 11:05 AM
Hmmm....I've never gained just have gotten stuck for like a week. I'll be curious to see what happens when you weigh in.

bombshellinprogress
03-04-2014, 11:06 AM
It DID take a while for my body to adjust - but it does. It's a painful process and no, there are no snacks besides HNS. If you really don't think you can stick with it, you might try asking for a different menu - MetaBalance (I switched to this after I stopped losing on MetaSlim (which wasn't enough calories for my activity level) or MetaProtein (which is what I'm on now). Also, make sure you're getting your water.

How long were you on MetaSlim?

selway
03-04-2014, 01:18 PM
Skelley331 - Hmmm.....salt? Like bobshellinprogress said, - it will be interesting to see what happens on the next weigh in.

How is everyone else doing? Geo56? Tractorbeam? AshleyRae?

My doctor said no jumping (plyometrics) and no exercises with weights on the shoulders or back (like squats with a bar). I can work with that! I am still doing Jillian's Body Revolution, but modify the cardio intervals so they aren't going to compress my spine. During the cardio day workouts I can use the elliptical or do my P90X yoga (HARD for me).

The sun is finally out here today and it is welcome!!! Everyone have a great day!

skelley331
03-04-2014, 02:57 PM
I'm not sure what it could be, I didn't over eat, Saturday my husband and I split wood and stacked 4 big racks for about 4 hrs, then sunday and Monday I stripped wallpaper border and painted for about 8 hrs. Seems like when I do a lot of work like that I stall or gain, could it be because I burned so many calories based on what I eat on the green menu which is around 900 calories?

hatethesweatpants
03-04-2014, 03:55 PM
How long were you on MetaSlim?

I lost 72lbs in 9 months and was on metaslim for about the first 7.

geo56
03-04-2014, 09:58 PM
Selway- I am doing good. Thanks for asking! Looks like my weight loss is going to be slow and steady. 9 lbs in 4 weeks. I am following the program as close as possible. The only thing I might be fudging on is salad dressing. I make my own using Good Seasons package recipe for less fat. I can not stand Walden Farms dressings as they are way too sweet for me. Anyone have any suggestions?
Glad to hear everyone is having a good week.
I went to connections class tonight. We talked about emotional eating. Is your hunger head or emotional hunger. It was very interesting.

MarleneV
03-04-2014, 10:52 PM
Hi all, I thought I'd stop by and see who was around and how things were going.

Nice to see that you are back at it Skelley. And that Patzi is doing as well as ever. good luck to the rest of you.

I'm still maintaining under my MRC goal and usually within a 2 lb range. Don't usually have MRC HNS anymore, and transitioned onto vitamins that I can get locally instead of having shipped to me (my center was in CO and I live in TX). It's a great program, and maintenance has gone well for me since hitting my goal last June.

hatethesweatpants
03-05-2014, 07:52 AM
I'm not sure what it could be, I didn't over eat, Saturday my husband and I split wood and stacked 4 big racks for about 4 hrs, then sunday and Monday I stripped wallpaper border and painted for about 8 hrs. Seems like when I do a lot of work like that I stall or gain, could it be because I burned so many calories based on what I eat on the green menu which is around 900 calories?

Bet that's exactly what happened, in addition to your muscles retaining water. Hang in there!

hatethesweatpants
03-05-2014, 07:55 AM
Well, I started the B12 injections yesterday. I just couldn't get a hold of my low energy level. On days I didn't exercise or ride horses, I felt ok, but on the days where I did, I was exhausted beyond belief. I'm hoping this helps! I was so tired during the day and woke up in the middle of the night. Has anyone else done the B injections? Also will start 7 keto dhea this week. Fingers crossed.

bombshellinprogress
03-05-2014, 09:01 AM
I used to get the B injections at a different weight loss center and not sure how much they helped but when I was going there I wasn't tired like I am now and I was eating carbs. Maybe I should consider doing those again to see how it helps me out. I'm used to working out 3 to 4 times a week but since joining mrc, I can't find the strength.

skelley331
03-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Good morning all:

geo56: I know you can use lowfat or light Italian dressing
marleneV: glad to hear you are doing great on maintenance, I only hope I can do the same when I real my goal

hatethesweatpants: I think you might be right, this morning I was down 1.4 lbs this morning so maybe I was retaining water. Hopefully it keeps going down, I did the B12 injections and they worked for me about the first 2-3 wks then after that I didn't see any changes, what is the 7 keto dhea?

bombshellinprogress: If they helped before they might help you again.

selway: hope all is going good for you, I don't eat a lot of sodium so salt not sure?

tractorbeam
03-05-2014, 09:46 AM
I'm still on plan. Work is crazytown this week!

I switched up my menu and it seems to be helping. The first few weeks I ate the same things at every meal. Starting last Friday, I've been really mixing it up. I started the program at 227.5 (on 2/14) and this morning (on my home scale) it says I'm 219. My clothes are looser and I just feel better. It's excitiing!

However, I keep dreaming about eating steak fajitas and chocolate pie. Lol! I guess it's one way to "cheat" without actually cheating. I am usually hungry between 3PM-4PM so I just shove some raw broccoli or green beans in my mouth. It really helps tide my hunger over until dinner. I canNOT eat 6ozs of chicken/pork/fish. I'm averaging about 3.5ozs. I'm having a straight-up mental war with chicken right now.

bombshellinprogress
03-05-2014, 11:25 AM
I can't really eat chicken anymore as well. I sometimes will fry up a turkey burger and eat it with Walden Farms bar-b-q sauce or some Sara Lee reduced sodium roasted chicken or turkey breasts from the deli. I totally burnt myself out on chicken

AshleyRae
03-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Hey ladies!
Just checking in to let you know that my mom lost 6 POUNDS!!! She said, "I really don't think that scale is right. I can't have lost that much." Hahahaha! Just wait until the next weigh-in when the scale is down even more. She's so hopeful, but she's scared that it's just an illusion ;) Funny gal.
I was down 2.5 pounds. I'm great with that, but they wanted me to go back to preconditioning and then the yellow menu again once I'm over this bug. I begged and pleaded to keep going and hop on blue, though. I had only had a couple of things off-plan (nothing food-wise, just medicine that wasn't listed, like an antacid tablet). When my food diary was checked, I was told I could keep progressing through to the blue menu. THANK HEAVENS!!! I just want to get this show on the road. On the plus side, I'm only 8 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. Woohoo!!!

And for all of you who are sick of chicken: if you've got a Capt. D's near you, they've got a new menu item of grilled fish that is really just beyond fantastic. You might consider trying that for a change of pace.

selway
03-05-2014, 12:07 PM
MarleneV and Patzi - thank you for the inspiration, you ladies are amazing!

tractorbeam and geo56 - woot woot on the losses!

Geo56 - I got tired of salad and salad dressings (like some people on here are tired of chicken) so I eat mostly other vegetables and have salad infrequently, so I am no help there.

Skelley331 - Yes, that does sound like a lot of work! Muscle water weight sounds like the culprit.

I have been wondering about the B12 injections. Dumb question but do they only help you if you are low on B12?

Well, I had a really bad food day yesterday. A Trader Joe's opened here and I bought a bunch of snacky stuff for my family to eat and then ate it too. So disappointed in myself that I didn't stop at just one cookie. Just proves to me that I can't have that stuff in the house. I knew better too! Back on program today. Ugh.

Everyone have a great Wednesday!!!!

skelley331
03-05-2014, 12:55 PM
Hey ladies!
Just checking in to let you know that my mom lost 6 POUNDS!!! She said, "I really don't think that scale is right. I can't have lost that much." Hahahaha! Just wait until the next weigh-in when the scale is down even more. She's so hopeful, but she's scared that it's just an illusion ;) Funny gal.
I was down 2.5 pounds. I'm great with that, but they wanted me to go back to preconditioning and then the yellow menu again once I'm over this bug. I begged and pleaded to keep going and hop on blue, though. I had only had a couple of things off-plan (nothing food-wise, just medicine that wasn't listed, like an antacid tablet). When my food diary was checked, I was told I could keep progressing through to the blue menu. THANK HEAVENS!!! I just want to get this show on the road. On the plus side, I'm only 8 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. Woohoo!!!

And for all of you who are sick of chicken: if you've got a Capt. D's near you, they've got a new menu item of grilled fish that is really just beyond fantastic. You might consider trying that for a change of pace.

Congrats to you and your mom on your weight loss: I see you are from Indiana what center do you go to ? I'm from Indiana and go to the one in Columbus, IN

skelley331
03-05-2014, 12:57 PM
MarleneV and Patzi - thank you for the inspiration, you ladies are amazing!

tractorbeam and geo56 - woot woot on the losses!

Geo56 - I got tired of salad and salad dressings (like some people on here are tired of chicken) so I eat mostly other vegetables and have salad infrequently, so I am no help there.

Skelley331 - Yes, that does sound like a lot of work! Muscle water weight sounds like the culprit.

I have been wondering about the B12 injections. Dumb question but do they only help you if you are low on B12?

Well, I had a really bad food day yesterday. A Trader Joe's opened here and I bought a bunch of snacky stuff for my family to eat and then ate it too. So disappointed in myself that I didn't stop at just one cookie. Just proves to me that I can't have that stuff in the house. I knew better too! Back on program today. Ugh.

Everyone have a great Wednesday!!!!

selway: when I was doing the injections the nurse giving the shots said a lot of the ladies where complaining of not having any good results after a few weeks, and yes if your body isn't low on B12 it just flushes thru your body, she told me it's great for the elderly and cheaper than going to the dr to get them.

selway
03-05-2014, 02:48 PM
AshleyRae - Wow for your mom and wow for you! Great job! I hope you get feeling better soon.

AshleyRae
03-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Congrats to you and your mom on your weight loss: I see you are from Indiana what center do you go to ? I'm from Indiana and go to the one in Columbus, IN

Us, too :) :D

AshleyRae - Wow for your mom and wow for you! Great job! I hope you get feeling better soon.

Thank you so much!

skelley331
03-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Us, too :) :D

Thank you so much!

You and your mom go to the Columbus, IN center, that's awesome

AshleyRae
03-05-2014, 04:01 PM
I often wondered if the "Indiana" people on here were local to me. What a small world!

skelley331
03-05-2014, 09:47 PM
I often wondered if the "Indiana" people on here were local to me. What a small world!

Yes what a small world! I think there are only a few centers here in Indiana! When do you and your mom go to the center? I'm going this Saturday to weigh in and I get measured this time for inches.

geo56
03-05-2014, 09:54 PM
I am trying not to get burned out on chicken. I am eating more fish. Tonight I crushed up some garlic Melba toast, added some parmesan cheese and put on some tilapia filets and baked them. It was good. I made enough to have leftovers tomorrow.
Has anyone tried making pizza with the 50 calorie tortilla? That was very good. I am trying to be more creative in the kitchen and if something doesn't taste like I think it should, I try to change my thinking and accept it for what it is. Oh, I also roasted spaghetti squash and I roasted the seeds. I sprinkled some Ms. Dash chili lime on them and they were good, it the spot for a crunchy snack.
Have a good evening!

hatethesweatpants
03-06-2014, 08:02 AM
I am trying not to get burned out on chicken. I am eating more fish. Tonight I crushed up some garlic Melba toast, added some parmesan cheese and put on some tilapia filets and baked them. It was good. I made enough to have leftovers tomorrow.
Has anyone tried making pizza with the 50 calorie tortilla? That was very good. I am trying to be more creative in the kitchen and if something doesn't taste like I think it should, I try to change my thinking and accept it for what it is. Oh, I also roasted spaghetti squash and I roasted the seeds. I sprinkled some Ms. Dash chili lime on them and they were good, it the spot for a crunchy snack.
Have a good evening!

I LOVE spaghetti squash and cook mine in the microwave to make it a little quicker. Lop off the ends, cut in half lengthwise, remove seeds. Place face down in a 13x9 glass pan and add an inch of water. Cover with vented plastic wrap and cook on high about 20 minutes. I've never thought about roasting the seeds!

bombshellinprogress
03-06-2014, 12:12 PM
So I went to the center last night after feeling really discouraged with being hungry a lot and not losing weight again. We are gonna try switching up my breakfast to see if that helps any. In 11 days, I have only lost a half of a pound BUT I did gain 4 pounds of lean muscle and my fat percentage went down. Yes that's good but I hate that I am always focusing on that darn number on the scales:(

selway
03-06-2014, 02:06 PM
bombshellinprogress - Ugh, that would be frustrating! Yes, the muscle gain and fat % reduction are FANTASTIC - but I know how you feel - Especially when you have worked so hard!

I weigh in on Saturday but am not looking forward to it because of my indiscretion earlier in the week. I didn't let that one day tank my week though and have been on program ever since. I read something the other day but can't remember where - something to the effect of "If you get a flat tire, you fix it and move on. You don't slash the other three..."

Geo56 - I don't think I ever had spaghetti squash before joining MRC. I love it! I am experimenting with all kinds of recipes that I wouldn't have tried before. I am looking for some buffalo burger this weekend!

patzi
03-06-2014, 02:11 PM
Hello...

Had maintenance weigh in today.. I maintained at 5 pounds under goal.

I have a chili type food going on in my crockpot .. If y'all can have that, adapt your recipe to one that is on program. I use ground turkey, as I do not eat any red meat. I do not put the beans in because hubby does not like them, but the veggies and the seasonings do the trick. I made this while on program with the allowed foods .

If you are allowed a pasta, when I was on program, I use to have my ground turkey chili and would add 1/4 cup pasta like whole wheat elbows to it, and it was a change and good. Pasta is a trigger food for me, so if I had that, I had no other breads for the day. But that is me.

Wishing you all a good weigh in week.

Patzi

I

geo56
03-06-2014, 08:36 PM
Yeah! I got to sign the 10 lb poster! It really hasn't been that hard. 43 more to go!

skelley331
03-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Yeah! I got to sign the 10 lb poster! It really hasn't been that hard. 43 more to go!

geo56: Woot Woot! congrats on the 10lbs poster! :carrot:

skelley331
03-06-2014, 09:31 PM
Hello...

Had maintenance weigh in today.. I maintained at 5 pounds under goal.

I have a chili type food going on in my crockpot .. If y'all can have that, adapt your recipe to one that is on program. I use ground turkey, as I do not eat any red meat. I do not put the beans in because hubby does not like them, but the veggies and the seasonings do the trick. I made this while on program with the allowed foods .

If you are allowed a pasta, when I was on program, I use to have my ground turkey chili and would add 1/4 cup pasta like whole wheat elbows to it, and it was a change and good. Pasta is a trigger food for me, so if I had that, I had no other breads for the day. But that is me.

Wishing you all a good weigh in week.

Patzi

I

Patzi: wow I sure hope one day I can stay on maintenance they way you have, you are our inspiration!!

hatethesweatpants
03-07-2014, 07:34 AM
bombshell - 1/2lb in 11 days? Yes, I would start demanding a menu change up. A week plateau is one thing, but 11 days is crazy. I'm sure they'll try to talk you into more supplements; I would stick with food changes. So sorry! That is so frustrating!

geo - YAY! Bet that feels great!!!

patzi - way to go! And thanks for the chili idea!

The B12 injections seem to be doing me some good. I've not felt the need to nap all day. ;) Rode horses and did crossfit yesterday and slept better than I have in two weeks. Maybe my kids will like me a little more today... hehehe.

skelley331
03-07-2014, 08:57 AM
Happy Friday everyone! I'm not so happy today, last night I couldn't control my late night eating habit!! I ended up eating a MRC vanilla wafer bar, then to top it off I ate ruffles chips! I hate this so much. This happened after I finished doing the MRC program last year and that's why I gained 19lbs back. Maybe I have a problem and I don't know what to do. I'm so frustrated right now. I haven't been able to stick to the plan 100% since I re-started. When I did it the first time I did great why can't I do it now?? I just want to cry

bombshellinprogress
03-07-2014, 09:34 AM
Happy Friday everyone! I'm not so happy today, last night I couldn't control my late night eating habit!! I ended up eating a MRC vanilla wafer bar, then to top it off I ate ruffles chips! I hate this so much. This happened after I finished doing the MRC program last year and that's why I gained 19lbs back. Maybe I have a problem and I don't know what to do. I'm so frustrated right now. I haven't been able to stick to the plan 100% since I re-started. When I did it the first time I did great why can't I do it now?? I just want to cry

You'll never believe this but last night after eating dinner I caved and also ate a vanilla wafer bar!!!! I actually ate both in the pack! I did go to turbo kick class and it was intense so I was really starving by the time all was said and done. You just can't do intense cardio for 50 minutes and eat the same amount of food as someone who hasn't done any exercise.

bombshellinprogress
03-07-2014, 09:37 AM
bombshell - 1/2lb in 11 days? Yes, I would start demanding a menu change up. A week plateau is one thing, but 11 days is crazy. I'm sure they'll try to talk you into more supplements; I would stick with food changes. So sorry! That is so frustrating!

geo - YAY! Bet that feels great!!!

patzi - way to go! And thanks for the chili idea!

The B12 injections seem to be doing me some good. I've not felt the need to nap all day. ;) Rode horses and did crossfit yesterday and slept better than I have in two weeks. Maybe my kids will like me a little more today... hehehe.

Funny thing is, we talked about switching up my breakfast food but the girl never once suggested any supplements. That is one good thing that I can say about the Columbus location. They have never really tried to sell me anything other than the HNS. I'm gonna hang in there a little bit longer with this menu and see what happens but I did get depressed and ate a vanilla wafer bar last night when I was done with dinner and I ate a cookie yesterday:^:

skelley331
03-07-2014, 10:00 AM
You'll never believe this but last night after eating dinner I caved and also ate a vanilla wafer bar!!!! I actually ate both in the pack! I did go to turbo kick class and it was intense so I was really starving by the time all was said and done. You just can't do intense cardio for 50 minutes and eat the same amount of food as someone who hasn't done any exercise.

I'm not sure what to do, I'm going to talk to them when I go tomorrow, but I'm taking cortitrim which is suppose to curb your appetite and reduce stress levels, and MRC-6 which is also a appetite supresent and helps lose inches, and the raspberry ketone which is suppose to burn your fat already in your body and block what's coming in. I'm afraid when I weigh in tomorrow that i'll show a gain. Grrr, I'm about ready to give up

hatethesweatpants
03-07-2014, 10:37 AM
I'm not sure what to do, I'm going to talk to them when I go tomorrow, but I'm taking cortitrim which is suppose to curb your appetite and reduce stress levels, and MRC-6 which is also a appetite supresent and helps lose inches, and the raspberry ketone which is suppose to burn your fat already in your body and block what's coming in. I'm afraid when I weigh in tomorrow that i'll show a gain. Grrr, I'm about ready to give up

Skelley - one mistake does not a failure make!!! Don't give up! What you eat DOES NOT define who you are as a person. It's a fuel for your body, plain and simple. Take a deep breath and start channeling your frustration into something you're good at that doesn't have anything to do with eating or food. I've been on this roller coaster for so many years and have finally made peace with this - take it from me - beating yourself up and giving up only puts you back where you started, which is fat and frustrated. Gotta keep your chin up and keep doing the hard daily work. Brush it off, move on, make good choices today. And if you can't manage the day, just make them this hour, then the next, then the next. :hug:

selway
03-07-2014, 11:12 AM
skelley331 - Don't give up!!! You have been making great progress. So you don't follow the plan 100%, you are still losing. And even if you don't this week, there is always next week. The first time I did the program, I lost a lot of weight fast. I was doing boot camp and felt like I was starving myself. I ate the meat for meals 100% plain with not even parsley on it because it might add carbs..... Absolutely nothing on my lettuce, etc. I felt like I was depriving myself but only in the short term so it was worth it. But, when the deprivation period was over I swung the other way and binged. Also, I had the hardest time making the committment to try the diet again (as desperately as I needed it) because I didn't know if I wanted to do the whole deprivation thing again. This time I am trying to be smarter. I do have flavor to my food so I don't feel like I am depriving myself of everything for months. Last night I had chile, lime, garlic shrimp. So tasty! I'd say find out what works for you that stays within the program guidelines so you don't feel like you are "cheating" and don't beat yourself up about it. You can do this!!!

selway
03-07-2014, 11:14 AM
Geo56 - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

skelley331
03-07-2014, 12:26 PM
skelley331 - Don't give up!!! You have been making great progress. So you don't follow the plan 100%, you are still losing. And even if you don't this week, there is always next week. The first time I did the program, I lost a lot of weight fast. I was doing boot camp and felt like I was starving myself. I ate the meat for meals 100% plain with not even parsley on it because it might add carbs..... Absolutely nothing on my lettuce, etc. I felt like I was depriving myself but only in the short term so it was worth it. But, when the deprivation period was over I swung the other way and binged. Also, I had the hardest time making the committment to try the diet again (as desperately as I needed it) because I didn't know if I wanted to do the whole deprivation thing again. This time I am trying to be smarter. I do have flavor to my food so I don't feel like I am depriving myself of everything for months. Last night I had chile, lime, garlic shrimp. So tasty! I'd say find out what works for you that stays within the program guidelines so you don't feel like you are "cheating" and don't beat yourself up about it. You can do this!!!

selway: Thanks for the encouragement it's tough this time around I guess because I know what happened that last time I did the program. I do great all day long and thru supper it's the night time that seems to hurt the most and for the life of me I can't figure out why I just cant say no don't eat this or that! I don't want to take more pills that's for sure. I'm going to talk to my counselor tomorrow when I weigh in and this time I get measured for inches lost. I'm almost afraid to go in but I have to bite the bullet sometime. And you're right there is always next week. I didn't gain this over night. :(

ShadowKat
03-07-2014, 08:01 PM
I'm curious. How does everyone exercise while on the green menu? I figured its about 900 calories and during my 30 minute workouts I know via heart rate monitor I burn 350-420 calories and the rest of the food for the day doesn't seem to make up for it. I feel like its hurting me more than its helping

geo56
03-07-2014, 09:10 PM
Thank you everyone! It does feel good and is motivating me towards the next 10 lbs.
I work back in the office of at Walmart but today they needed extra help stocking the snack aisle! It didn't bother me a bit to be around all those chips and my trigger food, POPCORN!
Plus they had birthday cake in the lounge, no problem! It is has been easy for me but it took me a long time to get my mind in the right place. In the last year I tried so many different diets, 17 Day Diet, Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig again. I lost 80 lbs on Jenny but gained 50 lbs back. I was so depressed and miserable. I was ready.
Skelley, please don't give up. Have you tried making a frosty type drink with the chocolate pudding? I use 4-5 ice cubes, 1/2 can of Canfield's chocolate soda and chocolate pudding. Give it swirl in my Ninja. Pore it in a glass and put it in the freezer for 20 minutes. It is so good! If you like coffee, you can put a teaspoon of instant coffee in it.
Keep coming here for support if you feel like eating of plan. We are all in this together.

skelley331
03-07-2014, 09:24 PM
Geo56: Thanks for the support, today was a disaster, I had mcdonalds hamburger and small fry and for supper a Wendy's jr cheeseburger and fry!
I called the center today and told them what was going on, I've been eating everything on plan during the day but at night is when something kicks in to eat chips/choc. I've tried the choc pudding/shake but seems to not work. I read somewhere that the night cravings are caused from not eating enough thru the day, who knows! Anyway I'm anxious to go tomorrow not to weigh or get measured because I'm sure I've screwed up the 5.5 lbs I've lost already and not sure I've lost any inches although yesterday I went and bought a pair of miss me jeans and had to go down a size I guess that's a plus. I'll post tomorrow on what my results are and what I find out from my counselor on what to do. I love coming here because of all the support. I have to get a handle on this night food for sure. I'm wondering if my hormones are out of balance.:(

selway
03-08-2014, 10:46 AM
Good morning! It is a glorious sunny day here and I am looking forward to getting outside with the kids today. It has been rainy for a week and is supposed to start raining again tomorrow. We are going to soak it up while we can! I lost 2 pounds last week. I'll take it! With my one binge last week and feeling bloated and nasty today (TOM), I am happy. This week is going to be a good week.

Geo56 - you have so many great ideas for working the program. I am going to have to try the frosty drink, that sounds good!

Skelley331 - one day at a time. Smaller size jeans??!!! That is awesome!!! I'll be interested to see what your counselor says. One thing I thought of - are you getting all of your protein during the day?

ShadowKat - I am doing Jillian Michael's Body Revolution. It is only 30 minutes per day and I have to take it easy on any of the plyometric cardio intervals (bulging disc in my back). But - I should add that I am over 200 lbs so I am on the beige menu which is more calories per day than the green menu.

ShadowKat
03-08-2014, 03:20 PM
Is there any menu past the green menu or is that the one I will be on until I reach my goal and head into maintenance? If so, I may need to talk to my consultant about what I could add in for more energy.

skelley331
03-08-2014, 04:11 PM
Is there any menu past the green menu or is that the one I will be on until I reach my goal and head into maintenance? If so, I may need to talk to my consultant about what I could add in for more energy.

You stay on the green menu until you reach your goal weight then you go into stabilization for six weeks.

ShadowKat
03-08-2014, 04:26 PM
Thanks Skelley!

selway
03-08-2014, 05:03 PM
Skelley331 - how did it go? Did they have any good suggestions for you?

skelley331
03-08-2014, 08:04 PM
Well much to my surprise I only gained 1 lb BUT I lost 9 inches, yahoo! I was so afraid I would have gained like 2-3lbs so I feel fortunate! My counselor suggested trying hot chocolate at night so instead of drinking 4 HNS's go to three and then the hot chocolate, I'm also going to try the glucose for 30 days, it's suppose to stop sweet cravings. So all's not lost like I thought it was going to be. Had a great day today and hope to continue on, I know I will eventually get this all worked out and I appreciate all your support once again on here.

Selway thank you for your encouragement! Congrats on your 2lbs lost last week!

We can all do this!

selway
03-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Skelley331 - Nine inches?! Fantastic!

I am drinking my hot chocolate as I read this! It definitely helps me - something to look forward to at the end of the night and sweet enough to satisfy my sweet tooth. I was just told that I have a sensitivity to dairy and gluten and I am really dreading giving up my hot chocolate. I forgot to ask if the sensitivity is lactose or casein - so I am drinking it until I find out (and giving myself some time to mentally prepare for the separation) :(.

ShadowKat - there are other menus out there too if that one doesn't fit all of your needs. Hatethesweatpants has mentioned metabalance.

bombshellinprogress
03-09-2014, 09:41 AM
Well much to my surprise I only gained 1 lb BUT I lost 9 inches, yahoo! I was so afraid I would have gained like 2-3lbs so I feel fortunate! My counselor suggested trying hot chocolate at night so instead of drinking 4 HNS's go to three and then the hot chocolate, I'm also going to try the glucose for 30 days, it's suppose to stop sweet cravings. So all's not lost like I thought it was going to be. Had a great day today and hope to continue on, I know I will eventually get this all worked out and I appreciate all your support once again on here.

Selway thank you for your encouragement! Congrats on your 2lbs lost last week!

We can all do this!

9 inches!!!!! That is flipping fantastic woman!!!

I did something so horrible ladies. Friday afternoon something overcame me while at work. I had this huge craving for sweets and nothing in the vending machines were worth the calories. So what do I do? I got in the car and drove to my favorite bakery in town and bought a huge brownie with cream cheese icing and also a sugar cookie with icing. I couldn't wait to get to my car so I could inhale all that sugar without anyone seeing me. It tasted like heaven and so that set the stage for the rest of the night eating nothing but bad foods. I also gave in on Saturday and ate pretty much whatever as well. So how many pounds did all that junk equal??? A 4 pound gain my friends...... Why did I do this to myself? :(

geo56
03-09-2014, 10:42 AM
9 inches!!!!! That is flipping fantastic woman!!!

I did something so horrible ladies. Friday afternoon something overcame me while at work. I had this huge craving for sweets and nothing in the vending machines were worth the calories. So what do I do? I got in the car and drove to my favorite bakery in town and bought a huge brownie with cream cheese icing and also a sugar cookie with icing. I couldn't wait to get to my car so I could inhale all that sugar without anyone seeing me. It tasted like heaven and so that set the stage for the rest of the night eating nothing but bad foods. I also gave in on Saturday and ate pretty much whatever as well. So how many pounds did all that junk equal??? A 4 pound gain my friends...... Why did I do this to myself? :(

Today is a new day! Stop beating yourself up this minute. Forgive yourself, forget it and move on! I am new to this program so I really can't tell you were to start, maybe back to the yellow menu for a couple of days? Take it one meal, one snack, one day at a time. You can do this! We are all in this together!

hatethesweatpants
03-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Today is a new day! Stop beating yourself up this minute. Forgive yourself, forget it and move on! I am new to this program so I really can't tell you were to start, maybe back to the yellow menu for a couple of days? Take it one meal, one snack, one day at a time. You can do this! We are all in this together!

Completely agreed. And maybe journal your feelings before and around the time you binged, as well as how you felt after.

skelley331
03-09-2014, 11:50 AM
selway! Thanks I was sooo surprised myself, today I'm going to try the glucose and see if it curbs my night cravings, I only got one package of the hot chocolate to try just in case I didn't like it. I go Wednesday for my weigh in this week since I'm off and will be out of town Saturday so I'm going to get a box. I'm sorry to hear you have to give yours up or hopefully you won't have to when you find out about the sensitivity!

bombshellinprogress: yes don't beat yourself up because we have all been there done that more than once and I just did it myself. One day at a time and today is a new day:carrot:

bombshellinprogress
03-09-2014, 12:38 PM
I'm back on plan today so I haven't given up. Thank you my friends!:)

skelley331
03-09-2014, 01:15 PM
I'm back on plan today so I haven't given up. Thank you my friends!:)

Yay!!! good job!

selway
03-09-2014, 01:54 PM
Bombshellinprogress - way to recover! As someone already said, we all have those days!

skelley331
03-09-2014, 09:14 PM
Okay I started my glucose tonight at dinner and it's 9:15 pm and no cravings! I'm hoping this is going to help me get the night cravings under control so I don't have to continue taking the glucose, it's only for 30 days and what I've read that you don't have to stay on it permanently that your body will get balanced. So I'm super excited about this. :carrot:

selway
03-09-2014, 10:12 PM
skelley331 - good news!!!!!

bombshellinprogress
03-10-2014, 09:27 AM
Okay I started my glucose tonight at dinner and it's 9:15 pm and no cravings! I'm hoping this is going to help me get the night cravings under control so I don't have to continue taking the glucose, it's only for 30 days and what I've read that you don't have to stay on it permanently that your body will get balanced. So I'm super excited about this. :carrot:

You may have said earlier in one of your posts, but is this a supplement?

skelley331
03-10-2014, 10:13 AM
Well I weighed myself this morning at home and I've lost the 1 lb I gained yay!!!

bombshellinprogress: It's a supplement, I take two capsules with my dinner to stop the late night sweet cravings and it does work!!

selway: Thanks

bombshellinprogress
03-10-2014, 11:24 AM
Did you purchase the supplement at MRC?

selway
03-10-2014, 11:32 AM
bombshellinprogress - I was wondering the same thing so I looked on the MRC web store page. Here is a description of the ingredients and how it works:

http://www.weightlossmrc.com/weight-loss-vitamins/glucose-formula

I had to email them about all of the typos on this page! I know I find a source less credible if it is filled with typos.....

Happy Monday everyone! I am feeling the time change this morning, yuck. Everyone have a great, on plan, day!!!

bombshellinprogress
03-10-2014, 11:38 AM
bombshellinprogress - I was wondering the same thing so I looked on the MRC web store page. Here is a description of the ingredients and how it works:

http://www.weightlossmrc.com/weight-loss-vitamins/glucose-formula

I had to email them about all of the typos on this page! I know I find a source less credible if it is filled with typos.....

Happy Monday everyone! I am feeling the time change this morning, yuck. Everyone have a great, on plan, day!!!

;) Thanks!!!!!!

skelley331
03-10-2014, 12:31 PM
Did you purchase the supplement at MRC?

Yes it's the metabolic glucose

skelley331
03-10-2014, 12:40 PM
Most of my late night cravings aren't hunger just a habit so I spoke with the MRC center and they had told me to take two capsules at dinner and then I just spoke with them again to make sure and they advised me to split them up, one after lunch and then one after dinner. My plan is to wean myself off the habit so do the hot chocolate then the capsule and then gradually do less each week.

selway
03-10-2014, 03:05 PM
AshleyRae - are you feeling better?

Tractorbeam - how is it going?

AshleyRae
03-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Ladies, I'm back...but only just. I ended up going to the doctor on Thursday with terrible acid reflux, 2 hours of sleep/night for 6 nights and a fever. Saturday, I ended up in the emergency room with an even higher fever and terrible pain...and one hour of sleep for two nights straight. Delirious would have been a better deal than how I felt. After running through all sorts of tests, the doctors have concluded that I have a terrible virus (unknown type) and just have to suffer through :( On the plus side, I'm feeling a bit better and have tomorrow off work; hopefully, this crud will take a hike.

I had, indeed, gone into starvation mode, but I was still down 3 pounds. Finding the energy to eat/fix anything is a chore, but I'm working on it.

Mom has lost a total of 7 pounds. She was so hoping to sign that 10 pound board, but she'll get there. We'll ALL get to sign those boards! WE ARE WORTH IT! WE ARE WORTH SO MUCH MORE THAN THAT EVEN :)

geo56
03-10-2014, 08:35 PM
AshleyRae- glad you are feeling better. I have a friend who has a similar virus and it has taken her weeks to get better.
I too started taking the glucose. I am taking one a day mid-afternoon.
I lost 2 more lbs for a total of 12!

selway
03-10-2014, 08:38 PM
AshleyRae - WOW, that sounds terrible! I hope you recover soon!!!!

Geo56 - wow, you are going to be at your goal in no time!

geo56
03-10-2014, 09:15 PM
Thank you Selway! My original goal is 150 but would like to get to 135. We'll see.

skelley331
03-10-2014, 09:15 PM
AshleyRay: Wow I too hope you get better soon, so sorry to hear what you have to go thru. congrats to you and your mom on your losses!!!:hug:

Geo56: I'm going to start tomorrow taking the glucose mid-afternoon and after dinner. tonight I took it after dinner and so far so good on no cravings
Will weigh in Wednesday so i'll see how it goes.

hatethesweatpants
03-11-2014, 08:03 AM
AshleyRay - sounds HORRIBLE. I'm so sorry!

Everyone else - sounds like we all have renewed energy! yay! Keep it up!!

tractorbeam
03-11-2014, 09:44 AM
selway, thanks for asking about me! I had weigh-in last Friday and was down 4 pounds. I lost 4 pounds my preconditioning week, 1.5 pounds my first week on the beige menu, and 4 pounds last week. That's a total of 9.5 pounds in 3 weeks so I am psyched!

For those of you having problems with hunger between meals, the girl at my center said I could eat some raw veggies in between meals. I find I'm hungry between lunch and dinner, so I eat some broccoli or cauliflower and I'm good to go. I also got rid of everything in my house that was a temptation and I live 10 miles from the nearest food store. I do all my grocery shopping on weekends, right after breakfast, so I'm not tempted (because of hunger) to buy things I know I shouldn't have. These are the little things that help me stay on plan.

Lunch time is the hardest for me. I own a business and 3 other people work in the office with me. Seeing them eating Chinese and cheeseburgers is really difficult for me some days. I bring a salad with egg for lunch every day (and crushed Melba toast), so I eat before they eat. It helps, because I'm not hungry when they all eat. It still smells good though. But it's not bothering me near as much as it did 3 weeks ago. Plus I'm saving money not eating out every day.

selway
03-11-2014, 10:26 AM
tractorbeam - 9.5 lbs is awesome!!! I am saving a ton of money by not eating out and am applying that to small rewards for every 25 pounds lost (since I have so far to go....).

It is interesting that different centers give different advice. I remember my counselor telling me only water between meals and a fiber drink if necessary. She said that the ratio of protein/carbs/fat would be thrown off if I had any more than the plan allowed.

I'm feeling strong/determined today and am excited for another day of working towards the new me! Everyone have a great Tuesday!!!

bombshellinprogress
03-11-2014, 10:37 AM
So after a binge on friday and saturday I am finally back down to what I weighed before my excursion. So from Sunday until today I lost 4 pounds. Yes, I know alot was probably water but still. It's a nightmare to gain 4 pounds over two days!!! So I guess either today or tomorrow I'll be back into fat burn mode and hopefully this little shock to my body will jumpstart my losing again after being stuck for weeks.

selway
03-11-2014, 12:31 PM
bombshellinprogress - you got a ticker! I hope that jumpstarts you too, that has to be so frustrating!

Skelley331 - so happy the glucose is helping!

tractorbeam
03-11-2014, 12:36 PM
She said that the ratio of protein/carbs/fat would be thrown off if I had any more than the plan allowed.

selway, I usually don't eat the amount of protein required. I cannot eat 6 ozs. of chicken/pork/fish. I average about 3.5 ozs of protein. I probably eat 4-6 ozs. of cooked veggies each night. Some days, I forget to eat fruit and/or starch. Fruit is my after-dinner treat, but most nights I fall asleep before eating it. It doesn't seem to be affecting me so far.

I also don't eat starch some days because I forget my Melba toast for my lunch. I hate wheat bread, so I only have it on weekends when I have French toast for breakfast. I have the pre-made shakes for breakfast during the week, because I get to work at 7AM. I'm too lazy to get up and make breakfast every morning. I did have 2 entire whole-grain tortillas Sunday night because I made chicken fajitas with fresh pico. They were too yummy to have half a tortilla.

Some days, between lunch and dinner, when raw veggies just don't curb my hunger, I eat 1 oz. of cheese. I have no idea why I'm telling y'all all this. I guess to demonstrate that while I stay on plan, for the most part, there are days where I eat more or less than what's required.

bombshellinprogress
03-11-2014, 01:03 PM
bombshellinprogress - you got a ticker! I hope that jumpstarts you too, that has to be so frustrating!

Skelley331 - so happy the glucose is helping!

Yes I finally got me a ticker :carrot:

selway
03-11-2014, 02:19 PM
tractorbeam - just to clarify, I wasn't criticizing, just commenting on MRC quirks. I do understand, however, recommendations are based on individual circumstances (diet, exercise, etc.).

tractorbeam
03-11-2014, 02:37 PM
selway, I didn't think you were criticizing at all. :) It does seem to me that every center gives different advice, etc.

I was just sharing my eating habits for anyone interested. I read so many posts and lurked for weeks before joining. Every little piece of info was helpful for me.

ETA: How do you get a ticker?

bombshellinprogress
03-11-2014, 02:57 PM
selway, I didn't think you were criticizing at all. :) It does seem to me that every center gives different advice, etc.

I was just sharing my eating habits for anyone interested. I read so many posts and lurked for weeks before joining. Every little piece of info was helpful for me.

ETA: How do you get a ticker?

You have to go into the USER CP and edit your signature. Then from there it will tell you where you can get your tickers from...

Lady67
03-11-2014, 04:38 PM
You have to go into the USER CP and edit your signature. Then from there it will tell you where you can get your tickers from...

You also need to have a certain number of posts before you can get into the signature...

skelley331
03-11-2014, 08:23 PM
okay ladies tomorrow I go weigh in and I have been doing great so I;m hoping for a good loss, wish me luck. I'll post my results tomorrow

bombshellinprogress
03-11-2014, 09:42 PM
Best of luck!!!:)

geo56
03-11-2014, 09:47 PM
Good luck Skelley!

AshleyRae
03-12-2014, 10:09 AM
GO SKELLEY!!! Good luck today!!!

And, thank you so much, everyone, for all of the well-wishes! I'm back at work today and feeling fairly decent (mornings are a bit rough, but I can take on the world come 2:00 p.m. - haha!). The consistency of the meal plan helps me focus and feel good, too. Bonus :)

selway
03-12-2014, 10:31 AM
Skelley331 - Good luck today, you are going to rock it!!!

Lady67 - good to hear from you! I was hoping that you were doing OK with the ex-roommate and other stressful things that you mentioned that you had going on.

It is Wednesday and I am still feeling determined. I was proud of myself last night. I had to work a little late and was STARVING by the time I had dinner at 7:30. I, of course, ate too fast and thought I was still hungry. Instead of scarfing down another serving, I decided to wait until after I had cleaned up from dinner (dishes, etc.) to see if I really was still hungry. I wasn't. :0

skelley331
03-12-2014, 01:18 PM
Drum roll please!!!!!!!!!!!!
I lost 1.5 lbs today WOOT WOOT!!!!

thank you so much ladies for all the support!!! :dancer::dancer:

AshleyRae
03-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Selway, I am in awe of your self-restraint. Nice job! Hope that shows up in a big way at your next weigh-in :)

SKelley, you're sooooo close to goal! Well done!

bombshellinprogress
03-12-2014, 02:04 PM
Drum roll please!!!!!!!!!!!!
I lost 1.5 lbs today WOOT WOOT!!!!

thank you so much ladies for all the support!!! :dancer::dancer:

YAY!!!! So happy for you!!! :bravo:

skelley331
03-12-2014, 03:45 PM
bombshellinprogress and ashleyrae: thank you!!!:carrot:

selway
03-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Skelley331 - Woot woot!!! Congratulations!!!

skelley331
03-12-2014, 04:45 PM
Skelley331 - Woot woot!!! Congratulations!!!

Thanks selway

Lady67
03-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Thanks Selway...

Unfortunately I have not fully dumped some of my issues, but I am working on it. Going to visit some family out of town this weekend... am hoping that just getting away will help for a bit.

congrats Skelly - never had any doubt you wouldn't do it. :)

Have a great day everyone!

eham22
03-13-2014, 12:59 AM
Hey everyone! I joined MRC back in May 2013. On March 25th I weighed 307, when I signed up I weighed 266 and I am proud to say that today I weigh 182. I still have 22 pounds to go but am happy!

skelley331
03-13-2014, 06:30 AM
Hey everyone! I joined MRC back in May 2013. On March 25th I weighed 307, when I signed up I weighed 266 and I am proud to say that today I weigh 182. I still have 22 pounds to go but am happy!
:carrot:
eham:welcome and congrats on your loss

patzi
03-13-2014, 06:51 AM

Congrats on this.. You should ve very very proud of this achievement..

Patzi..

hatethesweatpants
03-13-2014, 07:27 AM
eham - wow! Amazing progress!!

skelly - YAY!!! Comes of a pound at a time! Congrats!!!!

Hope everyone else is having a stellar week! My pounds keep coming off a bit at a time, and I'm back to doing pull ups at the gym - my extra weight was prohibiting it. I'm so excited!

selway
03-13-2014, 10:55 AM
Eham22 - WOW!!! Thank you for sharing, that is amazing.

Hatethesweatpants - thumbs up for the pull ups!

Everyone have a great Thursday!

tractorbeam
03-13-2014, 11:11 AM
Congrats everyone!

Does anyone get headaches after drinking the HNS? I don't know when I started noticing it, but after drinking my HNS (same with the creamy), I get a mild headache. Sucralose sensitivity maybe? How important are the HNS to the plan?

bombshellinprogress
03-13-2014, 11:17 AM
eham - wow! Amazing progress!!

skelly - YAY!!! Comes of a pound at a time! Congrats!!!!

Hope everyone else is having a stellar week! My pounds keep coming off a bit at a time, and I'm back to doing pull ups at the gym - my extra weight was prohibiting it. I'm so excited!

I'm slowly starting to add more exercise. I'm still stuck on my weight but after last weekends binge, I am gonna wait until this Saturday to go weigh in and then discuss being put on another plan possibly.

selway
03-13-2014, 12:38 PM
tractorbeam - hmmmm...... have you noticed sucralose sensitivity before? I don't get headaches but definitely something to ask your center about. I was wondering about the diet/plan without the HNS also because I am eating gluten/dairy/soy free and am trying to avoid any artificial sweetners. The protein drinks are the only thing that I still consume that have the sweetners in it. I can't imgaine trying to EAT more protein during the day (just because I eat so much already and because it would bump the calories), but that is what seems to help me shed the weight. Ugh. Sorry for the rambling rant - just wanted you to know that I was wondering the same thing.

AshleyRae
03-13-2014, 02:15 PM
The HNS are integral to maintaining muscle mass. If you omit them altogether, you won't be getting enough calories and protein, and your body will begin "feeding" on your muscle...including organs. Not good :( If you're doing the plan on your own, you may have luck at GNC finding a flavorless protein supplement without artificial sweetners.

tractorbeam
03-13-2014, 02:45 PM
selway, I've never had sucralose before this diet. It was either cane sugar or no sugar for me. :) I've also noticed about 20 minutes after drinking the HNS, my stomach is super rumbly (gassy) for about an hour. I searched the forum and found an older thread about whey protein without sweetener, so maybe I'll try that.

I have weigh-in tomorrow morning, so I'll ask them. I would also like to get away from artificial sweeteners, so if you find some alternatives, let me know!

Thanks for the info, Ashley! I definitely don't want my body to eat itself, so hopefully I'll get some answers in the morning.

Thanks ladies!

skelley331
03-13-2014, 02:49 PM
Congrats everyone!

Does anyone get headaches after drinking the HNS? I don't know when I started noticing it, but after drinking my HNS (same with the creamy), I get a mild headache. Sucralose sensitivity maybe? How important are the HNS to the plan?

Hmm, I would speak to your counselor, I've never had any headaches after drinking them. I do four a day and they are a BIG part of the plan. I hope they can help you with this.:hug:

skelley331
03-13-2014, 02:51 PM
I'm slowly starting to add more exercise. I'm still stuck on my weight but after last weekends binge, I am gonna wait until this Saturday to go weigh in and then discuss being put on another plan possibly.

I went in yesterday to weigh in and they told me not to get more than 4 hrs of exercise a week. The reason they told me this is because we have been having our property line surveyed in our woods and I have had days where I'm walking our woods for 2-3 hrs at a time LOL, good exercise though! last week I had over 8 hrs total but this isn't something I do regularly.

geo56
03-13-2014, 08:51 PM
Good evening!
I lost another 2 lbs at weigh in, for a total of 4 this week! I am so excited. Time to start trying on some of my smaller sizes.
I picked up some of the fat and carb blocker. Has anyone tried that? I have a brunch to go too at church Saturday. I have no idea what they will be serving.
I also got my Total Woman supplement to help with my hormone imbalance. This is suppose to really help you sleep. I hope so!
Have a super Friday everyone!

skelley331
03-13-2014, 09:43 PM
Good evening!
I lost another 2 lbs at weigh in, for a total of 4 this week! I am so excited. Time to start trying on some of my smaller sizes.
I picked up some of the fat and carb blocker. Has anyone tried that? I have a brunch to go too at church Saturday. I have no idea what they will be serving.
I also got my Total Woman supplement to help with my hormone imbalance. This is suppose to really help you sleep. I hope so!
Have a super Friday everyone!

geo56: Woot Woot! Congrats on your loss! I have the fat and carb blocker and yes it does work. But it's not so you can cheat but I use it when we go out to eat since you don't know what the resturants actually use!

selway
03-14-2014, 10:28 AM
Geo56 - Excellent!!!

I started the Total Woman (mistook it for EFA substitution) and I have been sleeping better lately. I woke up only once last night - big improvement! I have made other diet changes also recently so I can't guarantee that it was the Total Woman, but it could be!

Happy Friday!!! Anyone have fun plans for the weekend?

skelley331
03-14-2014, 12:57 PM
Hello ladies:

Well it's Friday and I'm sooo glad! My husband and I are going on a road trip tomorrow to Bass Pro in Clarksville, IN along with our daughter, son-in-law and three grandsons 15, 13, 10 yrs old. We have been going for the last three years. So I'm excited!!! Will definitely be taking my HNS's, melba toast and walden ranch dressing. We will only be gone for the day. But I'm going to stay on track!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend! :carrot::carrot:

patzi
03-14-2014, 02:30 PM
I had maintenance weigh in today and maintained, 5 pounds under goal.

I still take the fat and carb blocker anytime we eat out. Keep it in my bag, so it is there when I need it.. There are times hubby wants to stop for a cup of coffee and we split a whole wheat bagel, always use fat and carb for that stop.

Wishing everyone a great weekend.

Patzi

geo56
03-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Thanks everyone!
Skelley- sounds like you got it all planned! That is really the key to staying on plan.
As for me and the brunch at church tomorrow, I plan on taking a hns with me and take the fat and carb blocker. I will eat as few carbs as possible. It is about the beautiful table decorations, the fellowship and the guest speaker. Not the food!
Then my husband and I have tickets for a live Bill Cosby show. That should be great fun. We will eat before we go, so no worries there.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

bombshellinprogress
03-14-2014, 08:49 PM
Has anyone eaten from the breakfast menu for dinner? I know you can for lunch but I had to for dinner. Hoping it doesnt do any damage.

skelley331
03-14-2014, 09:01 PM
Patzi: Congrats on your weigh in! That's a good idea about keeping the fat and carb blocker in your purse. I will do that!

geo56: Oh wow Bill Cosby, I love him he's so funny! Sounds like you have it all under control for the weekend also

bombshellinprogress: I have had breakfast for dinner a few times and it never hurt me, I think as long as you don't do it a lot, sometimes I think mixing things up keeps your body guessing and helps it not stall!

It's 9:00 pm here and late night cravings! Wed night I did slip and have a treat but got right back on plan Thursday. I won't weigh in until next Thursday, I'm hoping for a 2lb loss, but i'll take whatever! One day at a time!! That's my new moto!!! :dancer::dancer:

selway
03-15-2014, 01:52 PM
Down three more, so 30 lbs total. I know I should be doing a happy dance but it came off so much faster last time (before I was 40!). But - I am telling myself that by having to work so much harder for it and taking so much longer that it will stick this time.

Geo56 - have fun at Bill Cosby!!!

Skelley331 - have a great trip!

AshleyRae (and Mom) - hope you kick that virus for good this weekend.

Everyone else have a great weekend! It is gorgeous here today. I am walking out the door right now to take the kids to the park before nap time!

skelley331
03-15-2014, 02:03 PM
Thanks everyone!
Skelley- sounds like you got it all planned! That is really the key to staying on plan.
As for me and the brunch at church tomorrow, I plan on taking a hns with me and take the fat and carb blocker. I will eat as few carbs as possible. It is about the beautiful table decorations, the fellowship and the guest speaker. Not the food!
Then my husband and I have tickets for a live Bill Cosby show. That should be great fun. We will eat before we go, so no worries there.
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Geo56 where in Florida do you live I have a friend that's going to a church event called tables of love at the baptist church and they live in panama city

geo56
03-15-2014, 02:38 PM
Skelley- Small world! Yes that is were I was! It went beautifully. The tickets to my friends table was all sold out and I had to get what was available. Each hostess decorated her table differently and the table I would have been sitting at had lots and lots of CHOCOLATE! Mine was very simple but beautiful. No chocolate! I did very well in the buffet line. Lots of luscious desserts that I completely bypassed. The lady sitting next to me did MRC years ago so we had lots to talk about. I was at table 13 if you talk to your friend.

bombshellinprogress
03-15-2014, 09:03 PM
Well after my weekend binge I still managed to lose 2.5!!! Maybe my body just needed a good shock;)

skelley331
03-15-2014, 09:06 PM
Skelley- Small world! Yes that is were I was! It went beautifully. The tickets to my friends table was all sold out and I had to get what was available. Each hostess decorated her table differently and the table I would have been sitting at had lots and lots of CHOCOLATE! Mine was very simple but beautiful. No chocolate! I did very well in the buffet line. Lots of luscious desserts that I completely bypassed. The lady sitting next to me did MRC years ago so we had lots to talk about. I was at table 13 if you talk to your friend.

my friends name is michelle Milbourn, she and her husband just moved there back before Christmas last year. I will tell her what table you were at, do you mine me asking what your first name is? she was at table 1

skelley331
03-15-2014, 09:19 PM
Well after my weekend binge I still managed to lose 2.5!!! Maybe my body just needed a good shock;)

bombshellinprogress: See you did great, and I agree sometimes I think our bodies need that shock, congrats on your loss!:carrot::

selway
03-15-2014, 10:48 PM
bombshellinprogress - WAAAHHHOOOO!!!! So glad the plateau broke!!!

geo56
03-16-2014, 08:16 PM
my friends name is michelle Milbourn, she and her husband just moved there back before Christmas last year. I will tell her what table you were at, do you mine me asking what your first name is? she was at table 1

I haven't been going to that church very long and know a hand full of people. My name is Georganne. Wow, this is so interesting! I really like the church so far.

skelley331
03-16-2014, 08:30 PM
I haven't been going to that church very long and know a hand full of people. My name is Georganne. Wow, this is so interesting! I really like the church so far.

This is so funny, mike and michelle and their son Austin moved there because mike got a job there. They are from Connersville, IN and their son Austin played baseball with my oldest grandson! Wow! They haven't been going very long either. I will let michelle know your name, I wish I could post her picture on here but not sure if they let you. We keep in touch thru facebook

skelley331
03-16-2014, 08:32 PM
Wow tomorrow starts a new week, I had a great weekend and time with my daughter, son-in-law and three grandsons and my husband Saturday. Did really well with my HNS's and stayed on plan, we ate at the Texas roadhouse and I got the grilled shrimp no rice, small plain sweet potatoe and house salad, took my walden no calorie ranch dressing and my melba toast! Also took my fat and carb blocker, stepped on the scale this morning and was up 1/2 lb wow that's awesome so i'll take it. Weigh in for me this week is Thursday! Yahoo! I'm feeling great!:carrot::carrot:

AshleyRae
03-17-2014, 09:21 AM
Everyone reporting losses or maintaining under goal is just so inspirational!

SKelley, nice job planning ahead. My mom had to do that this weekend for a meeting. In my family, we're all very much social eaters. We plan events around meals, so I didn't know how she'd fare. But, she said she stayed perfectly on plan and felt great. :) Plus, a couple of people at church told her she looked really healthy and that her complexion was lovely. All this positive reinforcement really helps.
I did well all weekend, even when visiting my mother-in-law, who is an amazing cook. She was so thoughtful and prepared separate dishes for me that kept me on plan. I'm trying to convince her to join MRC, too.

Oh, and I can't believe I almost forgot - I'm wearing clothes I haven't worn since before I got pregnant!!! I'm finally at the high end of my pre-pregnancy weight!!! Three more pounds and I'll be at 175, which was my typical weight, so I'm just crazy excited. I LOVE this program!!!

skelley331
03-17-2014, 09:43 AM
AshleyRae: Good for you and your mom, sounds like it's coming together for the both of you.

I'm wearing my size 8's today, Woot Woot!

AshleyRae
03-17-2014, 11:35 AM
Ahhh, size 8. That's my dream size :) Before baby, I was a size 10/12 and perfectly happy with that. But, oh, to be a size 8! I'm on my way, but the fat I've got to get rid of now has been with me since high school or before. It won't let go without a fight ;) Haha! But, I've still got 14 weeks left on this program, so I figure I've got a great shot at getting there. In the meantime, I'll live vicariously through you, SKelley!

selway
03-17-2014, 11:54 AM
Ugh, weekends are so much tougher for me than weekdays. I am usually so busy at work that I don't have time to think about food and I don't bring any snacks. This weekend I had cravings like crazy. I had a diet soda and some peanuts. Not on plan, but hopefully not a plan breaker either. Today is a new day. I started weeks 7/8 of the Jillian Michael's Body Revolution this morning. Wow, it feels like this is my first week! She really kicked it up a notch! I like this program alot - three month program that ramps up and changes every two weeks. I still have to do (modified) low impact cardio, but still get a great muscle workout!

Everyone have a great day. Any Irish out there?

skelley331
03-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Ahhh, size 8. That's my dream size :) Before baby, I was a size 10/12 and perfectly happy with that. But, oh, to be a size 8! I'm on my way, but the fat I've got to get rid of now has been with me since high school or before. It won't let go without a fight ;) Haha! But, I've still got 14 weeks left on this program, so I figure I've got a great shot at getting there. In the meantime, I'll live vicariously through you, SKelley!

I have 5 1/2 wks to reach my goal before I start stabilization!!!

bombshellinprogress
03-17-2014, 02:24 PM
I have 5 1/2 wks to reach my goal before I start stabilization!!!

That's so awesome!!!! :carrot:

hatethesweatpants
03-18-2014, 10:04 AM
Yayyyy!!!! What fun and happy news this morning! Great job, everyone!!!!

patzi
03-18-2014, 06:27 PM
Great weight news from you all.. Glad to hear it all... You are doing great.

Skelley... You have it figured out.. Eating at the Texas Roadhouse, tells it all.
Be proud of yourself.. One can stay on plan and eat out and have a good time.

Patzi

skelley331
03-18-2014, 08:40 PM
Hello!
Looks like we are all having a good week so far!

Selway: you should be okay I wouldn't think the diet soda and peanuts will hurt much! I'm on the green menu and I can have at least I believe one diet soda a day, i'll have to look.

bombshellinprogress: Thanks
hatethesweatpants: Yep looks like a lot of happy news!!
Patzi: Thank you I was so proud of myself this past weekend!

AshleyRae
03-18-2014, 10:05 PM
I went to weigh-in today and got measured. The measurements came out beautifully (11 inches lost). But, I was only .5 pounds away from signing that 10 pound board last Friday, but I didn't show a loss on the scale since then. At least it's not a gain, I guess. Maybe this Friday will show a nice drop of a couple pounds. I'd feel better if my fat percentage had dropped, but it was so incredibly marginal that I can't even get fired up about that. I'll just hit it hard this week, stay on plan, and get things accomplished :)

On the plus side, I saw my mom's name on the 10 pound board! I don't know exactly how much she lost, but she needed 1 pound to sign the board, so she dropped at least that much. I can't wait to ask her about it tomorrow.

tractorbeam
03-19-2014, 09:27 AM
I have a question. I'm going camping with husband and in-laws next weekend. It's our annual camping-weather-is-here! kickoff. Crawfish season has started here, and my mother-in-law has already called about our menu for next weekend (crawfish and chicken fajitas). Crawfish isn't bad, nor are any of the veggies. It's all the salt in the crab boil I'm worried about. If I drink tons of water (and somehow refrain from drinking beer) while eating crawfish, will it affect my eating plan too much? I can probably get my father-in-law to cook me some plain veggies before all the spices go in. I don't want to derail myself, but I've been looking forward to crawfish season for months! Advice please!

selway
03-19-2014, 11:47 AM
AshleyRae - Friday will be the day! It sounds like you are doing great!!! 11 inches, WOW!!!!

Tractorbeam - Hmmm.....I'll be interested to read what others say, but I would say that if you watch the portions/calories, you will be fine. Like you said, drink lots of water. You may see a bump the day or two after the crawfish from salt, but I would think that it would dissapear by the end of the week?

Happy Wednesday everyone!

patzi
03-20-2014, 10:56 AM
I have a question. I'm going camping with husband and in-laws next weekend. It's our annual camping-weather-is-here! kickoff. Crawfish season has started here, and my mother-in-law has already called about our menu for next weekend (crawfish and chicken fajitas). Crawfish isn't bad, nor are any of the veggies. It's all the salt in the crab boil I'm worried about. If I drink tons of water (and somehow refrain from drinking beer) while eating crawfish, will it affect my eating plan too much? I can probably get my father-in-law to cook me some plain veggies before all the spices go in. I don't want to derail myself, but I've been looking forward to crawfish season for months! Advice please!

Hi... I am on maintenance and when I was in the weigh loss stage, I ate out lots, and went to any affair I usually went to. I always brought my own food with me if there was food that was not on program..I went to the shrimp festival I go to each year, and ate shrimp, but did not eat the potato salad, macaroni salad, etc. I brought my own raw salad and veggies and HNS and enjoyed myself. You could have your dad make you a huge salad with all that you are allowed to eat, and eat the crawfish and chicken , and if worried about the salt, drink water all day long. Also bring some HNS with you to drink . I always took fat and carb blocker when I went to an affair. If chicken is not friend eat more chicken then crawfish, if that will make you feel better about it. I am not saying I am right in my thinking, but when I started diet, I made myself promise, I would stay on program no matter what, and I did the best I could with good choices.. This worked for me, but it is my opinon only. Hope this helps some. Have a good time when you go and make good choices that is the best anyone can do.
Patzi

skelley331
03-20-2014, 08:39 PM
Hello ladies,

I went and weighed in this morning, down 1/2 llb yay! Doesn't sound like much but i'll take any loss. When you get closer to your goal it seems to slow down, but on the good note I know I'm losing inches like crazy, I'm wearing my size 8's and I now have a curve in my waistline and I'm feeling skinny. I told myself this time around I wouldn't focus so hard on the scales and focus on how I feel and how my clothes fit. I'm Happy and ready for the weekend!:carrot::carrot:

geo56
03-20-2014, 09:13 PM
Yeah for you Skelley!

I got to sign the 15 lb board tonight!

How is everyone else doing?

skelley331
03-20-2014, 09:19 PM
Yeah for you Skelley!

geo56: Wow congrats to you! What an awesome job! :carrot:

patzi
03-21-2014, 07:24 AM
Yeah for you Skelley!

Congrats to you.. That is awesome..

Patzi

patzi
03-21-2014, 07:27 AM
Hello ladies,

I went and weighed in this morning, down 1/2 llb yay! Doesn't sound like much but i'll take any loss. When you get closer to your goal it seems to slow down, but on the good note I know I'm losing inches like crazy, I'm wearing my size 8's and I now have a curve in my waistline and I'm feeling skinny. I told myself this time around I wouldn't focus so hard on the scales and focus on how I feel and how my clothes fit. I'm Happy and ready for the weekend!:carrot::carrot:

Skelley..
You are so inspirational and postive, it is wonderful. I lost very slowly sometimes point something , like .2 , but I always took it as a plus, because eventually made to maintenance. Isn't it a great feeling when you feel great in your clothes and can see your waist.. As I have said before on here, my greatest treat was not to have to wear tunics anymore to hide the fat, and to be able to wear jeans with a belt and a shirt tucked inside. I am very happy for you and glad you are happy.

Patzi

skelley331
03-21-2014, 09:37 AM
Thank you patzi,

You have been an inspiration to me as well, I know I can do this and I'm going to!!! :carrot:

hatethesweatpants
03-21-2014, 09:52 AM
Oh, love starting Friday with positive news! Great job, everyone! Anyone else out there? Any struggles?

selway
03-21-2014, 10:43 AM
Wow, what a great way to start the day! Congratulations skelley331 and geo56!!! Both great news!!

I had a great week and am looking forward to the weekend. It is supposed to be really nice. The kids and I jumped on the trampoline for about two hours on Wednesday night and last night we went to the park and flew their kites. Maybe some local hiking this weekend.

My back is finally starting to feel better so I have upped my workout intensity and hope it will show on the scale this week. I'll find out tomorrow!

Everyone have a great day!! Any fun plans for the weekend?

tractorbeam
03-21-2014, 12:39 PM
Two more pounds this week! Next week I'll be signing the 15 pound board! 15 inches overall in 5 weeks! It's a great day!

I love that my WI is on Friday, because it helps me get through the weekend on plan. During the week, I'm so busy with work, it's easy. Weekends are the hardest time for me. I didn't feel great (allergies) earlier this week, and I was convinced a Blizzard from DQ would make me feel better. But I didn't do it.

Have a great weekend everyone!

selway
03-21-2014, 01:22 PM
tractorbeam - your post made me laugh! Great job on not giving into the Blizzard!!!!

I weigh in on Saturdays for the same reason - weekends are tougher for me. I also make sure not to wear the pants that are getting too big for me on the weekends to remind me to keep working :)

patzi
03-22-2014, 07:50 AM
Wishing everyone a great weekend...

Tractorbeam.. Way to go with no Blizzard.. That is a great step and be proud of
yourself.

Patzi

geo56
03-22-2014, 09:08 AM
Good morning!
I bought a inexpensive waffle iron last night and made the Waffles Supreme out of the cookbook. It made 3 good size waffles and were very good. I think next time I will cook them a little longer, I like them crispy. So today is to a good start. Weekends were hard for me in the past but I decided to set myself up for success, not failure.
We can do this!

selway
03-22-2014, 09:48 AM
Down four this week! I am excited - great way to start the weekend! Geo56 - I like your thinking! I need to figure out why weekends are harder and plan better. Everyone have a great day!

skelley331
03-22-2014, 06:02 PM
Geo56, hmmm waffles sound good, I have walden farms pancake syrup and found low carb pancake mix that is really good.

selway: Congrats on the 4lbs that's awesome!

Weekends are hard for me too unless I'm busy. If not then I tend to want to snack but so far doing pretty good. Painted my kitchen and pantry area! Then my husband and I posted our Classified forestry signs along our wood line so today I've walked 3.49 miles which is 7,890 steps! :carrot:

AshleyRae
03-22-2014, 10:35 PM
Everyone's doing soooo well! You guys are all awesome!

After my Tuesday weigh-in with no loss, I was geared up for good news Friday...and it WAS good news! I lost 1.5 pounds and got to sign that lovely 10 pound board. Plus, I had a fashion show in my own closet, because I'M BACK IN MY PRE-PREGNANCY CLOTHES!!! My shorts fit. My shirts fit. My pants fit. And my shoes? Well, bless them, they always fit ;) Ha!
Mom had already signed the 10 pound board, but she still lost another pound. We're on a roll!

Also, a girl at my center told me about the low-calorie flatbread called Flatout. Oh. My. Goodess! I made "pizzas" with half of a flatbread layered with 4 ounces of tomatoes with Italian seasoning and garlic powder and cheese on top. Heaven.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend!

geo56
03-23-2014, 03:45 PM
Good afternoon! Ashleyrae, that's great! I hope to be doing that soon myself. I will have to try the flatouts. I have been using the 50 calorie tortillas to make pizza.
I made the Italian meatballs out of the cookbook last night and they were OK, but I kept thinking they needed so tomato sauce. So I came up with a recipe of sorts for a zucchini, eggplant, meatball lasagana. I found some spaghetti sauce that had no sugar, no salt added. Ingredients were tomatoes and spices. So I layered it all together and used just s sprinkle of parmesan cheese in between each layer and baked it for 40 minutes. It was delicious.
I'm learning to cook healthy and I love it!
I still can't get a ticker. How many posts do you have to do before you get the option?

skelley331
03-23-2014, 04:21 PM
Everyone's doing soooo well! You guys are all awesome!

After my Tuesday weigh-in with no loss, I was geared up for good news Friday...and it WAS good news! I lost 1.5 pounds and got to sign that lovely 10 pound board. Plus, I had a fashion show in my own closet, because I'M BACK IN MY PRE-PREGNANCY CLOTHES!!! My shorts fit. My shirts fit. My pants fit. And my shoes? Well, bless them, they always fit ;) Ha!
Mom had already signed the 10 pound board, but she still lost another pound. We're on a roll!

Also, a girl at my center told me about the low-calorie flatbread called Flatout. Oh. My. Goodess! I made "pizzas" with half of a flatbread layered with 4 ounces of tomatoes with Italian seasoning and garlic powder and cheese on top. Heaven.

Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend!

Congrats on your 1.5 lb loss and signing the 10lbs board that is awesome!
Oh wow, I wish they would have told me about the flatout bread, where do you buy it at? I would love to get some

AshleyRae
03-23-2014, 10:03 PM
The Flatout bread is in the deli section of Wal-Mart where the specialty breads are. I prefer the original flavor over the Italian flavor, but both are quite good.

And, Geo, my mouth is watering just thinking of that lasagna! Time for bed before I decide to eat ;)

bombshellinprogress
03-24-2014, 11:11 AM
Yeah for you Skelley!

I did not know that there was a 15 pound board. Anyway..CONGRATS GIRL!!!

selway
03-24-2014, 11:31 AM
AshleyRae - NICE!!!!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend! I didn't drink all of my water - something I need to plan better for next weekend - but other than that was 100% on plan. Have a great Monday!!!

skelley331
03-24-2014, 01:10 PM
bombshellinprogress: I didn't know there was a 15 lb board either, when I did it there was 10,20,30 and so on. Hmmm

Geo56: congrats on signing the board

I weigh in Friday hoping for a loss, my 10 wks are up 4/23 so I've got to get a move on losing more lbs.:dizzy:

KHoneycutt1981
03-24-2014, 06:32 PM
So I don't know if I can ask this, but I did the MRC diet alone 2yrs ago, lost 80lbs, but got off of it and went back up :( anyhow, this diet is the only diet that works for me especially the preconditioning. I can't find my paper that has like 4 columns and I'm supposed to choose one food from each column for breakfast, lunch and dinner, does anyone by chance have that to let me copy? Please I'm wanting to get pregnant soon, I have PCOS and this diet helps me regulate my cycles.

asam
03-24-2014, 11:19 PM
Day 10 is over!!! Looking forward to green! Dilemma: trip out of country came up after starting diet. Will be leaving in 10 days for a week and know I will not be following diet closely enough. Should I try to stick to it as much as possible, or should I just go back to Pre-conditioning and enjoy my drinks, etc? Trying to do on my own this time.

geo56
03-25-2014, 06:18 AM
I did not know that there was a 15 pound board. Anyway..CONGRATS GIRL!!!

When I first started it was just 10, 20, 30 etc. But for some reason they took all of those down and put up new posters in 5, 10, 15, 20. I was the first one to sign the new 10 lb board. Maybe it is just my center.
Unfortunately, I gained back a lb yesterday. Sigh... And I didn't eat off plan!
I know there will be times like this.
Have a great day!

Lady67
03-25-2014, 12:55 PM
Just checking in ... haven't been around much lately sorry for that. I had a good trip up north (Minnesota) and did behave myself mostly. I did eat a couple of milkyway bites.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and know I am thinking about ya!

hatethesweatpants
03-25-2014, 07:07 PM
Great news for me today - I lost 4lbs this week and it's put me within my range to start maintenance! Yahoo!! Leaving Thursday for New Orleans, so didn't want to make changes until I get back; shooting for Monday. Yay!

hatethesweatpants
03-25-2014, 07:08 PM
Day 10 is over!!! Looking forward to green! Dilemma: trip out of country came up after starting diet. Will be leaving in 10 days for a week and know I will not be following diet closely enough. Should I try to stick to it as much as possible, or should I just go back to Pre-conditioning and enjoy my drinks, etc? Trying to do on my own this time.

That's a tough one - I'd say whatever one you think you have the best chance of sticking with.

AshleyRae
03-25-2014, 08:21 PM
Congratulations to hatethesweatpants!!!

I weighed in today and lost a pound, so woohoo for that. My aunt signed up last week, too, so we've got a whole family thing going on right now. :)

Also, I wanted to share this site with you, because it has certainly helped me. I still struggle with my body image - I didn't realize how thin I was before baby. I still felt "fat", but I look at pictures from then and think, "Wow! Did I really look that thin?" Even though I'm back at that weight, I still feel chubby. I know it will take a while for my mind to catch up with my body.
So, since it's hard to get an accurate view of ourselves, maybe seeing others who are similar sizes will help you get a better idea of how great you look and how far you've come. Hope it's inspiration for others, because it sure was for me :)

www.mybodygallery.com

selway
03-26-2014, 01:53 PM
Happy Wednesday! I am on vacation (stay cation) with my kids while they are on spring break. Having a tough week because of being at home. If I have to snack I am trying to not stray too far - handful of peanuts, etc. I'll be happy (for my diet) when this week is over.

hatethesweatpants - WOW, congratulations!!!!

AshleyRae - love that your family is supporting you!

Lady67 - welcome back!

Geo56 - hang in there, like you said, it happens!

KHoneycutt1981 - if you call your center they may be able to get you copies of the menus.

skelley331
03-26-2014, 09:35 PM
Happy Wednesday! I weigh in Friday, Ive had a up and down week but I don't think i'll have a gain, hoping for at least 1 lb loss! My clothes are getting looser so that's a good sign even tho the scale might not move!

Selway: sounds like you are having a great week with your kids!
AshleyRae: Congrats on the 1 lb loss and that website was awesome, thanks for sharing
Hatethesweatpants: Wow 4lbs that's awesome, I could only wish for that kind of loss but if I was 100% on plan maybe I could have a big loss but I'm okay with how my journey is going.
Lady67: welcome back! You've been missed, glad you are okay
asam: I would follow preconditioning until you get back
Khoneycutt: the center should give you copies

skelley331
03-27-2014, 01:41 PM
Well it's Thursday! I've ate off plan two days in a row but not in a bad way, just wanted something different, stayed under 1000 calories though and had lots of protein. This is my second time on the plan and after I start the green menu I do pretty well except now I'm back where I was the first time. Tired of eating the same foods everyday. I know I know, I'm still going to stay with it until I reach my goal so I can go thru stabilization and find my trigger foods (which I know are mostly carbs). Anyway i'm looking forward to my four day weekend, got lots to do. My daughter and I are having a big garage sale next fri/sat so I to load up everything and take to her house. Hoping this weather gets better, it's still cold and rainy today. Hope everyone has a great weekend. I will post my results tomorrow after I weigh in. :carrot:

patzi
03-28-2014, 07:21 AM
I have given you my fat burning pancake listed in the recipes awhile ago, this morning I made this type of pancake.. I am sure this fits the Meta Slim Green Menu diet. Quite a long time ago a member of this forum shared it..

For a syrup, I use the tropical fruit HNS in the clear gel .I dribble some on top of pancake Mind you this is not a pancake like you get at a pancake house, but it is a diversion for breakfast.I
spray first with ICBNB before the HNS .

1/2 cup egg whites
1/4 cup oatmeal
cinnamon to taste
splenda to taste( I use stevia liquid)
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix all of the above ingredients. Pour into a preheated nonstick skillet. Cook on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes. Flip over and cook for another minute or less, just to cook egg thru.

You can adapt this to your choice.. Can use Waldens Maple syrup with more cinnamon on top, choice is yours.
I miss all those recipes members used to post.
Patzi

skelley331
03-28-2014, 04:57 PM
Patzi that sounds really good. I have the walden's pancake syrup and it's really good. I might try this in the morning.

thanks for posting

geo56
03-28-2014, 09:45 PM
I have been making a similar recipe out of the cookbook that also has a vanilla pudding creamy in it. The oatmeal is cooked. I make waffles out of it and it was very good.
I like the idea of using a HNS on it.
Thanks Patzi.

bombshellinprogress
03-29-2014, 12:09 PM
I got to sign the 20 pound board this week!!! I lost 5.5 pounds but t actually didn't get into the center last week. The counselor said I'm averaging over 3 pounds per week. I'm so glad that I was able to push thru my plateau. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and that Spring gets here soon...I'm hating this cold weather!

asam
03-29-2014, 04:09 PM
Just made the Amazing Cheesecake out of cookbook. Says to use 1/4 cake for breakfast and replaces 4 oz protein, 1 starch, 1/2 supplement. Anyone know of any reason one couldn't use for dinner protein instead? Sometimes I just get really sick of meat.

skelley331
03-29-2014, 04:19 PM
Weighed in today and down another lb! That's okay with me, I'm losing inches for sure! I only have 8lbs to go to reach my goal weight! Awesome!

bombshellinprogress: Congrats on the 20 lb board!! You are doing great!

selway
03-29-2014, 06:40 PM
Bombshellinprogress - NICE!!!

Skelley331 - 8 lbs? I am jealous!

bombshellinprogress
03-29-2014, 09:59 PM
Weighed in today and down another lb! That's okay with me, I'm losing inches for sure! I only have 8lbs to go to reach my goal weight! Awesome!

bombshellinprogress: Congrats on the 20 lb board!! You are doing great!

I can't wait until I'm that close to goal. Congrats!

skelley331
03-30-2014, 09:37 AM
Thanks selway and bombshellinprogress, I'm hoping to go down to 155 but right now I'm focused on 160. I'm 5'7 and when I got down to 158 I felt and looked great, my lowest during the plan was 152 but that's when I had the flu and I thought I looked too thin. So 155-160 is my happy place. :cp:

patzi
03-30-2014, 12:51 PM
I have been making a similar recipe out of the cookbook that also has a vanilla pudding creamy in it. The oatmeal is cooked. I make waffles out of it and it was very good.
I like the idea of using a HNS on it.
Thanks Patzi.

Geo is that the old cookbook or the new one? I have one that is over 3 years old.

Patzi

geo56
03-30-2014, 03:37 PM
Geo is that the old cookbook or the new one? I have one that is over 3 years old.

Patzi

Patzi
it is the new cookbook. The recipe is Waffles Supreme.
I made them again yesterday and put banana extract in it. They were very good.
I have been looking at recipes all morning looking for something quick and easy for during the week. I cooked a bunch of chicken breasts in the crockpot with Mrs Dash chili lime seasoning and made pulled chicken out of it. I will portion it out and freeze it.
I'm learning!

raven59
03-30-2014, 07:09 PM
Finally on track after a rocky start the beginning of February...just couldn't get through a day with out some type of off-plan food, or cocktail; especially in the evening, and there were about 4 family birthday events in a row. Anyway, I am happy to report that I am on day 14 with absolutely no cheats and I'm getting fantastic results, down 5 lbs. Hooray!!

My neighbor and I both did MRC a few years ago and agreed to be weight loss buddies. We both needed some sort of extra incentive to stay on plan. What is working for me...I give my neighbor $40.00 at a time, that I earn back at $5.00/day for each day I am 100% on plan. The penalty for going off plan is that she gets to keep $20.00 for any day I go off. That makes for a $25.00 fee for any "cheat" ($20.00 plus I don't earn $5.00 for that day). It's working! No food and no bite, lick or taste, is worth $25 bucks! Onward and downward...130s here I come

Sandra73
03-31-2014, 12:26 AM
Hi everyone! My name is Sandra and I am starting Pre-conditioning tomorrow. It looks pretty easy and I'm not to worried about this part. The menus after are my concern. I have 83 lbs to loose and was told I should have that off by October if I stick with plan. I hope so, I'm really determined to get this weight off and get to know you all. Wish me luck :dizzy:

AshleyRae
03-31-2014, 10:08 AM
Bombshell and Skelley: Nice job on the losses!!!

Raven: Oh my, that incentive program is tough! Glad it's working for you! Keep it up :)

Sandra: Just remember that the first 10 days on plan are kind of tough - it's an adjustment. But, once you're on the green menu, it's much easier and there are many options. You'll be positively astounded come October how much better you feel and how many inches you will have lost!

I weighed in Friday and was up 2 pounds even though I'd been perfectly on plan. It's tough getting news like that, but I knew it was a temporary setback. My mom was at the same weight, but she's up two pounds this morning. Something's in the water ;) But, we're both noticing major size loss, so we're excited to get measured tomorrow.
I was at 175.2 yesterday morning, and I told myself that at 175.0 I can call the hospital and find out just how much I gained with baby girl. I know that sounds like a silly "treat" for myself, but I just want to know how far I've come.
My aunt is on the yellow menu until tomorrow, so I'll be calling her today to encourage her. Those first 10 days are tough, but oh the weight loss! :)

Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC, ON-PLAN week!

skelley331
03-31-2014, 04:39 PM
AshleyRae don't fret about the 2 lb gain I've been there a few times, it could be anything but the inches are most important to me!

Sandra: welcome you will love the support you get from everyone here! Like Ashleyrae says the first 10 days after preconditioning are tough, you will have ups and downs but the result are AWESOME! Goodluck and stay in touch with us here. :hug:

geo56
03-31-2014, 08:08 PM
Good evening!
Welcome Sandra! You will do fine.
I lost just 1/2 lb tonight but I'll take that. I ate out twice unexpectedly over the weekend. I stuck to plan but I could really taste the sodium in the food.
Have a great evening!

skelley331
03-31-2014, 09:30 PM
Good evening!
Welcome Sandra! You will do fine.
I lost just 1/2 lb tonight but I'll take that. I ate out twice unexpectedly over the weekend. I stuck to plan but I could really taste the sodium in the food.
Have a great evening!

geor56: Hey 1/2 lb is a loss!! I only lost 1lb last week but i'll take it too! We didn't put all this on over night! The slower the loss the longer you keep it off is what I was told!

bigdog
04-03-2014, 01:33 AM
I have given you my fat burning pancake listed in the recipes awhile ago, this morning I made this type of pancake.. I am sure this fits the Meta Slim Green Menu diet. Quite a long time ago a member of this forum shared it..

For a syrup, I use the tropical fruit HNS in the clear gel .I dribble some on top of pancake Mind you this is not a pancake like you get at a pancake house, but it is a diversion for breakfast.I
spray first with ICBNB before the HNS .

1/2 cup egg whites
1/4 cup oatmeal
cinnamon to taste
splenda to taste( I use stevia liquid)
1 tsp. vanilla

Mix all of the above ingredients. Pour into a preheated nonstick skillet. Cook on medium heat for about 3-5 minutes. Flip over and cook for another minute or less, just to cook egg thru.

You can adapt this to your choice.. Can use Waldens Maple syrup with more cinnamon on top, choice is yours.
I miss all those recipes members used to post.
Patzi
Copying this recipe!!! Thanks so much for sharing!
:). Hope you and everyone else is doing well!!!