Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend Chat Sat 3/1 - Sun 3/2/2014

lisa32989
03-01-2014, 08:47 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

lisa32989
03-01-2014, 08:48 AM
Slept in a little today (if you call 6:30 sleeping-in). Good morning everyone. Happy weekend!

JLUS
03-01-2014, 09:02 AM
Glad you had a chance to sleep in this morning, Lisa!

Have a GREAT OP DAY, everyone! :sunny:

KareVT
03-01-2014, 09:08 AM
Good morning everyone!

Lisa, you have to take advantage of the times your body allows you to sleep in, it's not that often for me so I'm jealous, good for you ;)

So grateful for this forum and for all of us sharing our IP experiences, challenges and successes. There's no price-tag on any of that.

Typically the weekend is a hard time for me. There's minimal structure as there is during the work week so planning is key. I am still 100% with my experiment in not eating restricteds and I'm doing surprisingly well, the cravings are at bay and that's where I want them to stay.. This is not a forever experiment, just for as long as I can tolerate. I like it so far and will need to consult with the boards to get some advice on how to be creative with my non-restricted foods. The vanilla pudding has been really nice. I have yet to make a muffin out of the pudding so maybe I'll look into how to do that. So long as it's not too complicated, I'm alright. Cheers everyone! :sunny:

getnlean
03-01-2014, 09:24 AM
Good Morning Everyone

Looks like March will come in like a lion and hopefully be out like a lamb. This has been such a long winter.

I hope everyone has a great OP weekend.

RosiePosie101
03-01-2014, 09:34 AM
Good morning everyone!

Lisa, you have to take advantage of the times your body allows you to sleep in, it's not that often for me so I'm jealous, good for you ;)

So grateful for this forum and for all of us sharing our IP experiences, challenges and successes. There's no price-tag on any of that.

Typically the weekend is a hard time for me. There's minimal structure as there is during the work week so planning is key. I am still 100% with my experiment in not eating restricteds and I'm doing surprisingly well, the cravings are at bay and that's where I want them to stay.. This is not a forever experiment, just for as long as I can tolerate. I like it so far and will need to consult with the boards to get some advice on how to be creative with my non-restricted foods. The vanilla pudding has been really nice. I have yet to make a muffin out of the pudding so maybe I'll look into how to do that. So long as it's not too complicated, I'm alright. Cheers everyone! :sunny:

I'm very interested in how not using restricteds is going to go for you. I have one every day during the week in the afternoon while I'm at work. Because I don't have them at home, I don't have the opportunity to have another one when I sometimes want something sweet after dinner so I have a herbal tea instead. Because I'm still losing, I'm going to continue with this but may move to a week or two of no-restricted items when things slow down further in this journey. Good luck with this venture! Sending you good vibes!!

KareVT
03-01-2014, 09:52 AM
I'm very interested in how not using restricteds is going to go for you. I have one every day during the week in the afternoon while I'm at work. Because I don't have them at home, I don't have the opportunity to have another one when I sometimes want something sweet after dinner so I have a herbal tea instead. Because I'm still losing, I'm going to continue with this but may move to a week or two of no-restricted items when things slow down further in this journey. Good luck with this venture! Sending you good vibes!!

Hi RosiePosie :D

I will definitely keep you posted on how this experiment of eating no-restricteds goes and makes me feel throughout the week. This would be day 3 (started IP in August; took a little break and rebooted on Thursday). I found myself heavily relying on the sweet IP treat on a daily basis, almost to an obsession and I didn't like giving away such control. So, for me, it is time to reel it in.

I'm really impressed that you keep your bars at work and not at home, that is a terrific idea. I do the herbal tea for dessert as well and that wraps up the day and is a sign for me to turn off the kitchen light.

Hitting the boards more regularly is such a lifesaver. I'm happy to be back and thanks to all for being so inviting and encouraging!

lisa32989
03-01-2014, 10:35 AM
I did P1 for 11 months, losing 90 lbs. The first 6 months, restricteds were a godsend. They helped me to feel not deprived. I typically preferred the salty,crunchy ones like salt/vinegar ridges, southwest curls, or white cheddar chips. I also had some Quest bars (I'm soy/gluten-free). Then, at some point, they started to taste like "more" and started to create cravings I didn't need.

Today I can have one if I swing into a GNC or supplement store and buy one. Having a box around the house is just more temptation than I want. It is funny. Off-plan foods in the house don't do that to me. Items my DH has around don't call to me. But a box of restricteds do. So I just don't keep them around.

If I want a treat, I make a zucchini muffin with a pudding packet (recipe in recipes #4). Or potato puree breadsticks (pretty much same recipe, just different pan)

getnlean
03-01-2014, 10:40 AM
I had my first Quest bar last night. I am ready obsessing about when I can eat the next one today, but the box of girl scout cookies sitting on the counter doesn't bother me at all. Very interesting the way our minds work.

stephascope
03-01-2014, 10:44 AM
It sounds like these Quest bars are causing people too much temptation. I had a look at them at GNC and decided not to buy any. They seemed a bit squishy like Play Dough or something lol. The texture seemed a bit strange. I will stick with my Peanut Butter IP bars. The peanut butter flavor and crunchiness are perfect for a treat IMO.

Slipfree
03-01-2014, 10:46 AM
Hi KareVT,

I agree that there are times when the cravings or food just calls to you. Knowing how your body reacts to triggers is vital in making this our last "diet" and changing to a healthy life style.

I decided to only indulge in food for joyous reasons- not for stress, or boredom. This mantra or check in has been really helpful to me. I have needed to find other ways of dealing with my emotions, because Ben & Jerry and I dated quite regularly prior to IP. But, I found no joy in eating that pint, I was just comforting myself. I think that if we do not figure out other coping strategies, the cravings will win. I eat my restricted on the way to work in the am. Once it's done, it over because I only buy enough packets to last the week.

I wish you luck with your experiment and hope that you have an easy OP weekend.

sunflwr816
03-01-2014, 10:54 AM
It sounds like these Quest bars are causing people too much temptation. I had a look at them at GNC and decided not to buy any. They seemed a bit squishy like Play Dough or something lol. The texture seemed a bit strange. I will stick with my Peanut Butter IP bars. The peanut butter flavor and crunchiness are perfect for a treat IMO.

LOL they do kind of have a Play Dough consistency. The strange thing is that's why I like them...they take longer to chew and I really savor each bar. The cookie dough ones taste like cheating!

I am VERY excited, we are going to visit our puppy and his litter tomorrow up in NH. We don't know which of the 5 boys he is yet (breeder does personality testing) so I'm looking forward to lots of snuggles. :D

IdealProteinNewbie
03-01-2014, 11:06 AM
sunflwr: How did your interview go?

lisa32989
03-01-2014, 11:11 AM
The cookie dough ones taste like cheating!

I'd have to look again but I believe the cookie dough one didn't really fit the "mold" for a restricted. It worked for a "super" restricted (once/week). If I recall, it was due to fat content being over 30%

The info is somewhere in the Quest Bar thread.

sunflwr816
03-01-2014, 11:16 AM
sunflwr: How did your interview go?

I think it went well, thanks for asking!! :D The nurse manager said I'd hear from HR within 2-3 weeks which seems like a really long time to me. Sounds as though there are a lot of candidates interviewing for ? how many staff nurse spots. The market is so tight in Boston for new grad nurses, I wouldn't be shocked if I didn't get an offer...but here's hoping!

sunflwr816
03-01-2014, 11:18 AM
I'd have to look again but I believe the cookie dough one didn't really fit the "mold" for a restricted. It worked for a "super" restricted (once/week). If I recall, it was due to fat content being over 30%

The info is somewhere in the Quest Bar thread.

You're right...they are super restricted. Unfortunately, I bought a whole box of them and the cinnamon bun bars before realizing I should only have 1x/week!

lisa32989
03-01-2014, 11:21 AM
sunflwr816: At least the cinnamon roll ones can be used as a daily restricted. They're yummy too! I had one for breakfast this morning (but for some reason I'm feeling really bloated since :?:)

ColoradoCarol
03-01-2014, 11:29 AM
Arrrgh. Snowing this morning. They say little or no accumulation. However, looking out the window I am skeptical about that. Oh well, March is typically our snowiest month. I'm ready for winter to be over, but we can get snow in April and May too. One of the joys of Colorado living. At least in my part of the state, the snow melts quickly.

Have a great Saturday

sweetenuf
03-01-2014, 11:35 AM
Good morning everyone! Saturday mornings are always the same for me. It's a grab and go morning so I do my shake in my coffee. My son is on a bowling league on Saturdays. So I sit here at the alley and drink my water and read the forum....bonus: I get over half my water in lol

Deana509
03-01-2014, 12:00 PM
Good morning all!
I am home for spring break, and started it all off right when my sister woke me up this morning with breakfast in bed! Very sweet of her! The coffee is my favorite part ;p
Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

desertflwr
03-01-2014, 12:03 PM
Wishing everyone a great weekend!! Finishing week #1 and looking forward to my weigh-in tomorrow morning!!

Hope you all have a great day!!

Slipfree
03-01-2014, 12:07 PM
Deana, your new picture is fabulous! So amazingly proud of you for doing this while you are away at college. You are an inspiration! Have a wonderful spring break :)

sunflwr816
03-01-2014, 12:07 PM
sunflwr816: At least the cinnamon roll ones can be used as a daily restricted. They're yummy too! I had one for breakfast this morning (but for some reason I'm feeling really bloated since :?:)

That is so weird! I love the other flavors but I found I get a weird stomach ache after I ate the cinnamon bun....hmm...I'll have to compare ingredients! :?:

lisa32989
03-01-2014, 12:33 PM
Deana: great pic! Look how springy you look!

That is so weird! I love the other flavors but I found I get a weird stomach ache after I ate the cinnamon bun....hmm...I'll have to compare ingredients! :?:

Well, TOM explains my bloat today

jendilly
03-01-2014, 01:11 PM
Is it fairly easy to add a picture to our signatures or posts? I have one on my phone that I thought I would share (a side by side comparison of my face before IP and now). I'm scared of posting it and having it be huge on everyone's screens. Any tips would be appreciated. Sort of nervous to show you all, but it was shocking and cool for me to see. Good visual for me of how far I've come already.

smallerin2014
03-01-2014, 01:42 PM
Is it fairly easy to add a picture to our signatures or posts? I have one on my phone that I thought I would share (a side by side comparison of my face before IP and now). I'm scared of posting it and having it be huge on everyone's screens. Any tips would be appreciated. Sort of nervous to show you all, but it was shocking and cool for me to see. Good visual for me of how far I've come already.

Being newer (week 3) and not having my own visual yet, I find it so inspiring to see others' comparison pictures. I hope you overcome the nerves :)

On a separate note, I didn't know that the cookie dough bars were super restricted. I'm not sure which foods are restricted vs. super restricted. Is there a list of super restricteds available?

mars735
03-01-2014, 01:42 PM
[How are you Mars75? How is the reboot coming?]

eandc2006: hey hey thanks for asking! I'm so relieved that spring is around the corner with longer daylight. My mood and energy are already lifting. :sunny:

Reboot for me is more like "hovering" around the same spot, but I'm optimistic going forward. Personally I think it's a lot easier to lose weight in spring and summer. Unfortunately the holidays dictate Reboot in the dead of winter! Although it was annoying to be referred to as "tiny' when I first hit goal, I'm now humbly thankful any time I hear it, lol.

How are you doing? :)

schenectady
03-01-2014, 01:43 PM
Today is a big day for us - we have buyers with whom we have signed papers for our house and today they do the inspection. Our house is 89 years old so it seems logical there may be substantial number of little things. Let's hope no biggies!

Then we are off looking at rental for 6-9 months while we build our house in the mountains. We are looking at 2 houses that are in a very, very nice neighborhood overlooking the water. They are 1950's mid century modern homes, nicely kept up but extremely dated. They have been purchased by builders who will be replacing them with multi million dollar mansions but that process if not quick so they are looking for renters while the permitting and design are being done. Low rent, big houses, one with a pool.....

Fingers crossed on everything.

sarahBell
03-01-2014, 01:45 PM
Ok my 2 yo. is dipping his graham cracker in my broccoli cheese soup (with zucchini added in) and eating it. Well at least he is not spitting it out :rofl:

IdealProteinNewbie
03-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Being newer (week 3) and not having my own visual yet, I find it so inspiring to see others' comparison pictures. I hope you overcome the nerves :)

On a separate note, I didn't know that the cookie dough bars were super restricted. I'm not sure which foods are restricted vs. super restricted. Is there a list of super restricteds available?

They are talking about the chocolate chip Quest bar, an alternative product.

The IP one is just a regular restricted!

lisa32989
03-01-2014, 01:49 PM
I didn't know that the cookie dough bars were super restricted. I'm not sure which foods are restricted vs. super restricted. Is there a list of super restricteds available?
The IP super-restricteds (once-weekly) are listed on the IP P1 sheet or your coach will give you the info.

For alts, it is up to us to know the program & how to read labels.

The alt thread is an invaluable resource. I spent a LOT of time there when I was learning the ins & outs.

sarahBell
03-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Good morning all!
I am home for spring break, and started it all off right when my sister woke me up this morning with breakfast in bed! Very sweet of her! The coffee is my favorite part ;p

You have such a dainty waist ! You look amazing and all springy in pink! LOVE IT!

AmberLS
03-01-2014, 01:57 PM
Well I started IP on a Sunday, this is my second full weekend on, and sheesh I'm a bored eater! LOL. I try to stay busy which is pretty successful since I am a single mom, full time student, and I work full time as a teacher. But this weekend the kids are gone. I'm not hungry, just have always been a snacker when I'm bored.

Slipfree
03-01-2014, 02:10 PM
Amber, when I feel that way, I get myself out of the house. Challenging with all the horrible weather this year, so if I can not get out- I drink herbal tea and keep busy with chores. ( I am a teacher too!)

Schenectady- how exciting! Wishing you luck with both.

vachinyc
03-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Good morning all!

Deana your picture is fabulous. So happy for you and all you've been able to accomplish! :woohoo:

Today is a big day for us - we have buyers with whom we have signed papers for our house and today they do the inspection. Our house is 89 years old so it seems logical there may be substantial number of little things. Let's hope no biggies!

Good luck Schenectady! Hope it goes well.

Happy Saturday all! IP POWER to you.

catlady1981
03-01-2014, 02:31 PM
Happy Saturday everyone!

sunflwr: Good luck on the job. And the puppy :)

Lisa: I'm concerned about the restricted items. I was eating very clean before I started this diet, no sugar, processed foods or bread/pasta/grains. I'm concerned that the sugary taste of these restricted things will set off some sort of weird cravings that I haven't had in a long time. My coach gave me a "sample" menu to follow for my first week and on some days there are 2 restricted and there is even 1 day with 3. I am a little worried that I may have chosen badly for my clinic. The protocol sheet that she gave me is from 2011 and when I asked about measurements she told me that they don't really do that because the ladies didn't like it. I'm thinking that the measurements need to be done because there will be weeks when my losses on the scale will be small but I may have inches lost. How will I know if they aren't tracked? What do you think? Has anyone else had this experience with a coach? :?:

IdealProteinNewbie
03-01-2014, 02:32 PM
Happy Saturday everyone!

sunflwr: Good luck on the job. And the puppy :)

Lisa: I'm concerned about the restricted items. I was eating very clean before I started this diet, no sugar, processed foods or bread/pasta/grains. I'm concerned that the sugary taste of these restricted things will set off some sort of weird cravings that I haven't had in a long time. My coach gave me a "sample" menu to follow for my first week and on some days there are 2 restricted and there is even 1 day with 3. I am a little worried that I may have chosen badly for my clinic. The protocol sheet that she gave me is from 2011 and when I asked about measurements she told me that they don't really do that because the ladies didn't like it. I'm thinking that the measurements need to be done because there will be weeks when my losses on the scale will be small but I may have inches lost. How will I know if they aren't tracked? What do you think? Has anyone else had this experience with a coach? :?:

Run!

I'm sorry but your coach doesn't seem to have the knowledge you are paying her a lot of money for. Measuring is essential. Is there another clinic you can go to?

lisa32989
03-01-2014, 02:37 PM

Catlady
What I think is you don't have a good coach

Are there other clinics in town? (oh, I just looked back...you're in a big city...should be lots of clinics)

You need one to guide you in how to IP correctly so you'll lose weight quickest. Did you pay an advance fee?
I would call that coach and tell her I'd decided not to go with her & want an immediate refund based on poor service, lack of current materials, and lack of knowledge.
Then I'd contact IP corporate and report all of this. They will shut down a clinic that isn't doing it correctly.

ssdlturtle
03-01-2014, 05:25 PM
Another snowy day, so tired of it, drifting due to wind.

Lisa thanks for all your expertise on IP, it really helps and you can direct us to where to go.

Deana great picture, have fun on spring break!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everyone have a great weekend and stay warm and out of the snow!

Schenectady hope all goes well with your house being sold and getting a rental.

infoplease
03-01-2014, 05:45 PM
catlady1981,
I also recommend you get to another clinic and report that one.
What is really odd is that in 2011 many clinics were saying no restricteds the first two weeks. This has changed along with staying on p1 until 100% of weight it lost.

You can do IP without restricteds, if you choose, and certainly without any of the packets that contain sugar as an ingredient. Some items have naturally occurring sugars, so you'll want to read the box labels.

There really is no way of knowing how you might react to a certain product in terms of cravings or gluten containing ones. Most of the products with sugars are quite low in them when you consider you might get 6g or so over the course of a day from non-vegetable sugars. Everyone varies in their sensitivity to that.

Many people have weighed in (pun intended) on the lesser of two evils, basically which is worse, the extra weight or using some manufactured foods to get rid of it.

Hope you are able to transfer to another clinic. They often will let you do this without paying another fee. I actually filled out transfer papers and got my IP records the first time I changed clinics, and that was after over 2 months.

Good luck!

desertflwr
03-01-2014, 06:29 PM
I am VERY excited, we are going to visit our puppy and his litter tomorrow up in NH. We don't know which of the 5 boys he is yet (breeder does personality testing) so I'm looking forward to lots of snuggles. :D

What cuties - have fun!!

AmberLS
03-01-2014, 06:48 PM
Went and got my nails and toes done to get out of the house... kid free weekends are going to be a challenge. I have learned over the last two years to enjoy the peace and quiet but dieting brings a whole new twist because I can't snack on all the things I hide from them lol. My daughter asked me on the phone when I was going to quit dieting (she's 4) and I told her I'd quit when I could buy jeans in the regular department instead of the "big girl" department.

lisa32989
03-01-2014, 08:11 PM
I see a lot of "chatty" threads have been started.
That is what THIS thread is for!!!!

catlady1981
03-01-2014, 08:17 PM
Run!

I'm sorry but your coach doesn't seem to have the knowledge you are paying her a lot of money for. Measuring is essential. Is there another clinic you can go to?

Catlady
What I think is you don't have a good coach

Are there other clinics in town? (oh, I just looked back...you're in a big city...should be lots of clinics)

You need one to guide you in how to IP correctly so you'll lose weight quickest. Did you pay an advance fee?
I would call that coach and tell her I'd decided not to go with her & want an immediate refund based on poor service, lack of current materials, and lack of knowledge.
Then I'd contact IP corporate and report all of this. They will shut down a clinic that isn't doing it correctly.

catlady1981,
I also recommend you get to another clinic and report that one.
What is really odd is that in 2011 many clinics were saying no restricteds the first two weeks. This has changed along with staying on p1 until 100% of weight it lost.

You can do IP without restricteds, if you choose, and certainly without any of the packets that contain sugar as an ingredient. Some items have naturally occurring sugars, so you'll want to read the box labels.

There really is no way of knowing how you might react to a certain product in terms of cravings or gluten containing ones. Most of the products with sugars are quite low in them when you consider you might get 6g or so over the course of a day from non-vegetable sugars. Everyone varies in their sensitivity to that.

Many people have weighed in (pun intended) on the lesser of two evils, basically which is worse, the extra weight or using some manufactured foods to get rid of it.

Hope you are able to transfer to another clinic. They often will let you do this without paying another fee. I actually filled out transfer papers and got my IP records the first time I changed clinics, and that was after over 2 months.

Good luck!

Thanks to all of you for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

I did pay $315 for the initial visit which was labs, EKG, watching some silly boring PowerPoint slide presentations and then talking with the coach for about an hour. This also included the 21 packets, the 3 bottles of vitamins, the shaker and the salt.

Well great. I seem to have a knack for picking the wrong one...husbands, which line to get in at the grocery store... :(

There isn't much I can do today. I picked the the clinic based on the hours, proximity to my work and the fact that they did labs. My friend who is on this said to make sure they did labs.

Any IP'rs in Dallas on the thread that can recommend good clinics/coaches?

You would think in Dallas there would be quite a few, but when I went to the IP website and used the locator, the same 4 came up even though I put in my home zip code and my work zip code ( my work and home are very close to each other). I'll make some calls on Monday to see if I can switch clinics and see what I can do about getting my money back from this one.

I will still have to go back to this one on Tues. for my 1st WI and to get the next week's packets as well as my lab results. But I'll make sure that only 7 restricteds are in the bag and make them trade them out if there are 11 like there were the first week.

I should have realized that something was off when I was told that I needed to pay $50 once a month to see my coach. Ugh. I'm mad. :mad:

Bellamack
03-01-2014, 08:47 PM
I did IP in 2011 and NO WAY you could have 2 or 3 restricted! Are you sure that you are not confusing restricted with unrestricted? I could have 2 unrestricted and 1 restricted ( after 2 weeks) or 3 unrestricted...

Schenectedy, you must be so excited!

mars735
03-01-2014, 09:22 PM

I did pay $315 for the initial visit which was labs, EKG, watching some silly boring PowerPoint slide presentations and then talking with the coach for about an hour. This also included the 21 packets, the 3 bottles of vitamins, the shaker and the salt.

Well great. I seem to have a knack for picking the wrong one...husbands, which line to get in at the grocery store... :(

There isn't much I can do today. I picked the the clinic based on the hours, proximity to my work and the fact that they did labs. My friend who is on this said to make sure they did labs.

You would think in Dallas there would be quite a few, but when I went to the IP website and used the locator, the same 4 came up even though I put in my home zip code and my work zip code ( my work and home are very close to each other). I'll make some calls on Monday to see if I can switch clinics and see what I can do about getting my money back from this one.

I will still have to go back to this one on Tues. for my 1st WI and to get the next week's packets as well as my lab results. But I'll make sure that only 7 restricteds are in the bag and make them trade them out if there are 11 like there were the first week.

I should have realized that something was off when I was told that I needed to pay $50 once a month to see my coach. Ugh. I'm mad. :mad:

If it's any consolation, my coach, the cheapest around my area (and best imo) charged 285 for initial consult and foods, NO labs. Make sure to get copies of your lab results so you don't have to repeat them at another clinic.

KareVT
03-01-2014, 09:33 PM
I did P1 for 11 months, losing 90 lbs. The first 6 months, restricteds were a godsend. They helped me to feel not deprived. I typically preferred the salty,crunchy ones like salt/vinegar ridges, southwest curls, or white cheddar chips. I also had some Quest bars (I'm soy/gluten-free). Then, at some point, they started to taste like "more" and started to create cravings I didn't need.

Today I can have one if I swing into a GNC or supplement store and buy one. Having a box around the house is just more temptation than I want. It is funny. Off-plan foods in the house don't do that to me. Items my DH has around don't call to me. But a box of restricteds do. So I just don't keep them around.

If I want a treat, I make a zucchini muffin with a pudding packet (recipe in recipes #4). Or potato puree breadsticks (pretty much same recipe, just different pan)

Thanks for the advice, Lisa. And, thanks for the share. It's nice to know that I'm not alone. Good for you for being able to recognize that you needed to stop eating restricteds for a bit. Those quest bars sound delicious but I think I'll hold off on buying those for awhile until I get a handle over my cravings. On the other hand, I will be checking out the zucchini muffins, yum!

Hi KareVT,

I agree that there are times when the cravings or food just calls to you. Knowing how your body reacts to triggers is vital in making this our last "diet" and changing to a healthy life style.

I decided to only indulge in food for joyous reasons- not for stress, or boredom. This mantra or check in has been really helpful to me. I have needed to find other ways of dealing with my emotions, because Ben & Jerry and I dated quite regularly prior to IP. But, I found no joy in eating that pint, I was just comforting myself. I think that if we do not figure out other coping strategies, the cravings will win. I eat my restricted on the way to work in the am. Once it's done, it over because I only buy enough packets to last the week.

I wish you luck with your experiment and hope that you have an easy OP weekend.

Thanks so much for the feedback, Slipfree. It's interesting to step back and listen to the body's needs. Good for you for deciding to only indulge for joyous reasons and for differentiating between stress vs. hunger. That's a huge battle. Smart to indulge in the AM so that your body has all day to burn it off. I'll keep ya posted on my experiment.. One day at a time.. :dust:

Deana509
03-01-2014, 11:01 PM
So, I have to vent.... I went to see my grandparents (and parents) for the first time since I was home for my best friends wedding, over a month ago... I've not changed THAT drastically since then, but NOW they are making a huge deal about it... Im fine with my Grandma making comments, because she has been my support since the start, and has always been there for me... BUT when my grandpa starts making comments about my weight, good OR bad, I get super uncomfortable, because that entire side of my family is obese, and so when I was at my biggest weight, he would stare at me when I ate, and would make snide remarks about not having seconds or eating dessert, and about how I would be better off if I lost weight now rather than later, etc etc, so I have ALWAYS been self conscious around my family, because even though they are hypocrites, because they are obese themselves, they are the ones who I care most about, and so their comments hurt the most... SO, I didn't even want to be in the same room at my grandpa and uncle, because my grandma wouldnt stop RAVING about how different I look, and that sparked Gpa's comments, and he is getting old, and cant word things in a way doesnt make me uncomfortable, so tonight he grabbed my arm after I hugged him goodbye, and said something to the terms of "Once you get down to 150, 160 max, you'll feel so much better about not having so much baggage, and not carrying a brick around back there" (referring to my derriere)... I don't even want to go back to my grandparents house because I feel so uncomfortable about them discussing how I look, mostly because they compare me to what I looked like, and make it sound like I was huge, and ugly (obviously not in those words, but it feels like it)....
I guess I've still not come to terms with how large I actually was, and I'm not comfortable talking about my body yet... Strange how its easier to talk to a complete stranger about how much weight I lost, but I can't even talk to my own dad about how I feel... Mostly because, unknowingly, because of one of his comments, thats the whole reason I decided I was serious about losing weight and keeping it off... He commented that he didnt want to lose me (because I almost died a year ago, due to complications from Pancreatitis and Gallstones, caused mostly by my poor diet), and also if I ever wanted to think about getting married, if I wanted a guy to find me attractive, I needed to lose weight... I understand the one about my health, the other one stung, a lot... and so I cant bear to talk to him about the fact that I have lost this much weight, and still continue to do so....

Sorry this is so long... It's just something that has been weighing on my chest, and I don't want it so show up on the scale (Haha, Just Kidding)

GoneNatural
03-01-2014, 11:56 PM
So sad... But I'm still determined. I have to pack my lunch bag differently because a microwave might not be around. Maybe I need to do more celery and lettuce. I'm still determined and my coach is looking for at least 3 lbs. no cheating, lots of water, and celery:crossed:

sarahBell
03-02-2014, 12:02 AM
So, I have to vent.... I went to see my grandparents (and parents) for the first time since I was home for my best friends wedding, over a month ago... I've not changed THAT drastically since then, but NOW they are making a huge deal about it... Im fine with my Grandma making comments, because she has been my support since the start, and has always been there for me... BUT when my grandpa starts making comments about my weight, good OR bad, I get super uncomfortable, because that entire side of my family is obese, and so when I was at my biggest weight, he would stare at me when I ate, and would make snide remarks about not having seconds or eating dessert, and about how I would be better off if I lost weight now rather than later, etc etc, so I have ALWAYS been self conscious around my family, because even though they are hypocrites, because they are obese themselves, they are the ones who I care most about, and so their comments hurt the most... SO, I didn't even want to be in the same room at my grandpa and uncle, because my grandma wouldnt stop RAVING about how different I look, and that sparked Gpa's comments, and he is getting old, and cant word things in a way doesnt make me uncomfortable, so tonight he grabbed my arm after I hugged him goodbye, and said something to the terms of "Once you get down to 150, 160 max, you'll feel so much better about not having so much baggage, and not carrying a brick around back there" (referring to my derriere)... I don't even want to go back to my grandparents house because I feel so uncomfortable about them discussing how I look, mostly because they compare me to what I looked like, and make it sound like I was huge, and ugly (obviously not in those words, but it feels like it)....
I guess I've still not come to terms with how large I actually was, and I'm not comfortable talking about my body yet... Strange how its easier to talk to a complete stranger about how much weight I lost, but I can't even talk to my own dad about how I feel... Mostly because, unknowingly, because of one of his comments, thats the whole reason I decided I was serious about losing weight and keeping it off... He commented that he didnt want to lose me (because I almost died a year ago, due to complications from Pancreatitis and Gallstones, caused mostly by my poor diet), and also if I ever wanted to think about getting married, if I wanted a guy to find me attractive, I needed to lose weight... I understand the one about my health, the other one stung, a lot... and so I cant bear to talk to him about the fact that I have lost this much weight, and still continue to do so....

Sorry this is so long... It's just something that has been weighing on my chest, and I don't want it so show up on the scale (Haha, Just Kidding)

It is going to take time to adjust to the new you. I cannot think of the term as to what it is called (someone else may know) but as the weeks roll by you will slowly adjust and so will your family.

Maybe you are the aspiring bud they need to help get them motivated to lose weight too :) It takes just one person to start a trend (a good one in this case!)

My uncle told me at my Grandpas funeral that I was looking so good, and there was "less of me". I LOVE my family and this just boosted me up so much! He said it with so much love as did everyone else LOL.

It will all fall into place as time goes by!

You look so great@!

schenectady
03-02-2014, 01:10 AM

Deana - how I wish that 65X65 were able to read your comment because she would have such wise advice as to handle those awkward encounters. I am lacking that except to say hang in there and so not let other derail your wonderful progress.

One of the things you said did resonate with me. I did not have a CLUE as to how large I had gotten until I lost the 100 pounds. When I looked at a photo from 2 years ago with my siblings, I could not believe how HUGE I was, like the side of a barn door. I never saw that when I looked in the mirror. What frightens me is that I am afraid that I may still not be seeing the real me even now when I look in the mirror, so when I think I look good, I may ben just as disillusioned as before

jendilly
03-02-2014, 02:53 AM
I feel like my posts are mostly ignored lately. Probably just me, but it feels weird. I asked earlier up the thread if someone could tell me how to post a picture on here, or for any tips on posting a picture. I don't want to do it wrong, or have it show up too big. Can anyone point me in the right direction for how to do that?

RosiePosie101
03-02-2014, 07:27 AM
I feel like my posts are mostly ignored lately. Probably just me, but it feels weird. I asked earlier up the thread if someone could tell me how to post a picture on here, or for any tips on posting a picture. I don't want to do it wrong, or have it show up too big. Can anyone point me in the right direction for how to do that?

Jendilly - you are not being ignored. I would love to help but I'm not techie enough. I tried to add a photo to my profile and it kept failing so I gave up. I'm sure someone with the appropriate expertise will be able to help.

RosiePosie101
03-02-2014, 07:35 AM

My mothers saying when the family was being a little bit mean or just not very sympathetic or understanding about a situation was "I love everyone in my family but that doesn't necessarily mean that I have to like them right now".

I think that you've done the best thing you could about the situation which is to vent to us. Lots of people will come up with some great advice. I'm lucky, because all of family live about 30 hours flying time away which means that they are not seeing the weight loss and won't get to until I'm done and I don't have to deal with any unintentionally' hurtful comments like you have. And I think that's the main thing to remember, they aren't deliberately trying to be hurtful, they are just not saying in an appropriate way how proud they are of you. Ahhhh families! They really can mess with our heads.

lisa32989
03-02-2014, 08:04 AM
Catlady
I paid 250 for the initial consult Plus food.
Nothing for weekly visits (I would NEVER have gone for that deal. The cost of the food covers that)
No labs, etc from my clinic but I got a baseline at my Dr.

Deana:
Our families, the people we love the most, are also the people who can hurt us the most. It is obvious that your family is unaware of the emotional roller coaster losing weight can be. If they knew you were going thru a hard time about anything else, they wouldn't want to do or say anything to cause you more stress.

One of the things we have to learn in life is to speak up for what we need but in a kind, gentle, way (say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean). Explaining how much emotional baggage is attached to the fat baggage is hard to do, especially because we are processing it too, and can't always articulate it well.

I think sometimes we need a place for comfort and support. We expect it from our families & they think they are giving it but comfort and support is not what we feel. The only way to fix it is to talk about it.

Some of us may need counseling or therapy to assist with the huge changes we are making in our lives and to help deal with all the feelings. For some of us this forum may be enough. For others, we may need professional support, just as we sought "professional" support from a weight loss clinic. Since most of our coaches are barely professionals in that realm, we surely can't expect them to help us with the emotional stuff.

There is a reason we got 25, 50. 100, 150, 200, or more lbs overweight. Especially those of us who got to be obese or morbidly obese, we ignored our health, our bodies, our looks, and stuffed a lot of feelings down with food. Expecting a diet alone to fix everything that got us there is a lot to ask of a diet plan.

Anyway, my thought for myself and others.
This forum can be super-supportive but it can't totally replace the support a good counselor could give to the process as we grow and change. It really is a lot to ask of ourselves to just "fix".

So sad... But I'm still determined. I have to pack my lunch bag differently because a microwave might not be around. Maybe I need to do more celery and lettuce. I'm still determined and my coach is looking for at least 3 lbs. no cheating, lots of water, and celery:crossed:
FYI: "only" is a four-letter-word on this forum and isn't to be used to describe weight loss. If you are 100% sticking to the sheet and have a coach pressuring you because your WL isn't meeting his/her expectations, take a step back and take a deep breath. Remember we hire the coaches. They are our employees. Some of them forget this. And 3 lbs isn't the average!!!! So that just ticks me off more than anything. Many of us find it is more like 1.5-2.

We aren't gonna live on celery and lettuce. However, many of us DO lose faster if we make sure lettuce is a part of every day. Celery is ONE of the many select veggies you have to choose from. You don't have to stick to celery and stay deprived on IP P1. I know I'd get bored quickly if all my veggies were raw all the time.

And if there have been cheats, then go to the P1 sheet and make it your code. It is the thing to follow daily. Get everything in & nothing more.

sunflwr816
03-02-2014, 08:28 AM

I'm not techie but I can try to describe how to post a picture in the forum. When you are typing in a text box, it is an icon in the first row that looks like a paper clip. If you click the paper clip a pop-up should open and allow you to add in a picture/file that is saved on your computer (says "manage attachments"). Click "choose file" and pick your image and click upload. This should insert the image into the chat. 45859

Hope this helps!

drd1961
03-02-2014, 08:40 AM
The snow came and hopefully it is finished. They say the advisory is until 6pm, but the radar is clearing up. I want spring!!

Since I am an optimist I did go out and buy some shorts so I would have some when it does finally warm up. I am actually very happy that Bermuda's are in fashion. I may be thinner, but it does not mean this 52 year old needs to be wearing shorty shorts!

Slipfree
03-02-2014, 08:47 AM
Deana, family is tough. For some reason, they believe that the relationship gives them permission to say anything. Do you remember at the holidays, my Aunt went on and on about my losing the 1/4 inch of fat from my forehead? Some people just do not think, before they speak. It is our job to set our boundaries. I think that you should develop a polite but pointed response: " Thank you, I am working hard to get healthy. It is a personal journey and I would rather not talk about it." As for your feelings about your weight in the past, I do not think you can ignore them. The shame that comes along with being overweight is often part of that burden. Time to let go of it, you did the best you could then. Now, you recognize the need to do better- and girl, you are getting the job done.
Lisa, is right, that we all need to know the reasons why we put on the weight. If we do not identify why we use food, we are more apt to return to our behaviors.

Slipfree
03-02-2014, 08:52 AM
Jendilly, try not to take the lack of response personally. Daily chat is a big place and there are many times that I have received no response. As for pictures, I did not reply because I have no idea. Maybe a sticky can be made to explain it? I know that you are nervous and excited to share your pictures. Hope you get it figured out. Looking forward to seeing them.

schenectady
03-02-2014, 09:34 AM

I wish I could help but as you can see from my profile, I do not have one either. Sorry. I can answer but not give one!

RosiePosie101
03-02-2014, 09:40 AM
Do you remember at the holidays, my Aunt went on and on about my losing the 1/4 inch of fat from my forehead?

No way!!!! Did this really happen? Mind blown.

ssdlturtle
03-02-2014, 10:35 AM

It is hard when other people say thing, but just remember you are doing this for you to feel better and have better health. Try and not let it bother you, which is easier said then done. Remember people from different generations have different ideas- they just want you to be happy even when making those comments. Stay strong and 100% IP

KareVT
03-02-2014, 10:38 AM
Hi Deana - WOW, you look AWESOME young lady! It's been awhile since I was on the forum and I remember when you first joined, YOU GO GIRL!!!

Lots of great advice from everyone in regards to how family can either help or impede our progress. One thing is for sure, the onus is on ourselves. It's hard but try not to internalize these comments and rather, can you ask your family to stop with these remarks as they are hurtful?! Communication is everything / every day is key. Perhaps they think they are helping you. Especially when it comes to male figures, poor word choice is often the case... Stay strong and try your best to have a conversation with them the next time otherwise, they will continue to do this and you will continue to be disappointed. Old school thinking is hard to change but at least you can try and nip it in the bud and say "hey, these comments hurt, please stop, et., al.."

YOU are quite the inspiration - I'm going to check out your blog. Thank you so much for always sharing your journey with us. It's fun to live, learn and grow with the 3FC IP Crew! :)

Sonyasbug
03-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Good morning all!

Deana you are looking fantastic! Keep up the hard work. To be so young and dedicated to your health is wonderful.

desertflwr
03-02-2014, 11:40 AM

I think it is very easy to feel that way on such huge thread. People tend to respond to people they "know". :hug:

Maybe post your question separately, so it will stand out?

65X65
03-02-2014, 11:46 AM
So, I have to vent.... I went to see my grandparents (and parents) for the first time since I was home for my best friends wedding, over a month ago... I've not changed THAT drastically since then, but NOW they are making a huge deal about it... Im fine with my Grandma making comments, because she has been my support since the start, and has always been there for me... BUT when my grandpa starts making comments about my weight, good OR bad, I get super uncomfortable....

I guess I've still not come to terms with how large I actually was, and I'm not comfortable talking about my body yet... Strange how its easier to talk to a complete stranger about how much weight I lost, but I can't even talk to my own dad about how I feel...

the fact that I have lost this much weight, and still continue to do so....

Deanna--- first of all You are an amazing young woman who has made an incredible positive change to your life. Those TWO things ...with out getting in the weeds any more than that... can incite jealousy!!
(Being young and making positive change!)

:cheer3::cheers::cheer: Sooo..do not let anyone else try to bring your success to a level playing field with what ever is going on in their world!!

Somersault .... ALL THE way to the finish line girlfriend!!!!

Now that being said...another poster referred to the body image and acceptance thing most of us deal with. That is called body dysmorphia. This is actually a fear, preoccupation or inability to see reality in one's own body, either overall or a preoccupation focused on a particular feature.

From personal experience and lots of reading, my take is this thing works both ways for those with a weight /body dysmorphia...for both the obese as well as the POWs (Previously Over Weight):

1)Not acknowledging our largess...and then when we do lose...
2)Not being comfortable with the change...as well as the change it invokes in others.

The way you feel...
Take the not accepting or being totally aware with how big you were, and make that a real positive...if you are EVER comfortable with that again...you are be headed for trouble. Be grateful the thought and pictures of the past make you cringe. That is NOT AT ALL BAD!!! Make it work for you...forever. You own it...so USE IT to your advantage!

Now moving on...

The way others make you feel.

There are lots of discussions about this. The only thing that matters is how you feel. End of story. Not anyone else. And that goes for now and tomorrow. I advocate not discussing your weight loss with 99% of people in your life...and that includes family sometimes ...sadly... most of the time. Strangers CAN be more understanding, less hurtful......(or the anonymity makes it easier for you to be honest..) You know their ways (family) better than anyone...so decision making on who to bring on the ride early on is better...but if you change your mind...remember...this is your journey. Not anyone else's. Open the door and throw them out of the car... (gently of course in some cases)...If it's a stranger they deserve a brush-burn as you move away....

It is time to start to shut these convos down when they start...or now that you have some tangible situations to refer to...it may work to do it in a non threatening way at a time you are in control. Sure, it can be done when you are vulnerable...but perhaps in this case, better if you feel in control.

You need to say something like..."You know...My weight loss seems to have some people preoccupied .... (Yep...they have body dysmorphia about you...go figure!!!)...I just want to say these discussions have me extremely uncomfortable and I have decided not to discuss it with anyone any more...so please don't be offended if when you mention it...I am going to change the subject. Love you to death...but this is a painful and difficult journey...and it is very personal. So I'm not going to stay in the room or participate in any more convos that make me uncomfortable. If you love me...you will let this go....and just be happy for me."

Even though they are older...they should get this. They obviously love you a lot from your previous posts. You could do this with your Gram alone even......and ask her to handle Gramps .... maybe....???

As for others...no one has the right to make you feel bad or uncomfortable. That is rude, esp if you state they are making you uncomfortable...Change the subject after telling them the topic makes you uncomfortable, and you are no longer sharing your journey. Don't go into an explanation...1 or 2 short sentences should do it nicely. Remember, you are NOT BEING THE RUDE ONE.... Keep your voice soft...and don't smile too much when you say it. Have something ready to talk about at all social events. A backup general topic, simmering on the back burner...always be ready to switch to that other "thing". Weather, sports, local town/church event or the gorgeous table setting, flowers, yard furniture or new car someone ELSE just got!

You will do fine with this Deanna...but advice for the future is your weight is probably something to keep under wraps. As the pounds pile up...it is not bad to be horrified...embarrassed...and really not want to go there with others. You get to drive this car! And congrats on your progress...you look wonderful...and there is a big wonderful world waiting for you!!

Wish I was your age!!!

:hug: kathie

lisa32989
03-02-2014, 11:47 AM
I think it is very easy to feel that way on such huge thread. People tend to respond to people they "know". :hug:

Maybe post your question separately, so it will stand out?
Separate threads are for questions that haven't already been asked/covered other places.

Personally, I respond to lots of people, including newcomers and folks who have been here for a while. Several of my recent responses are to people I don't "know".

ragdoll74
03-02-2014, 12:52 PM

I use photobucket for that. After you create an account, you can upload your pics. Once uploaded, then click edit, then the resize icon. You have to test out the different sizes until you find the size you like. Once you save it on the right of the photo it gives you options for sharing the photo. There you can copy the URL address and paste into you signature or profile.

If you want to do a side by side comparison, you may need to use another app or program to get the pics side by side before uploading. I use an app on my phone for doing that part, camerafx.

ReenHag
03-02-2014, 12:53 PM
I have done side by side using the free app PicStitch, but I have not perfected resizing pics on my iPad. Sometimes it says they are too big to upload onto 3FC.

catlady1981
03-02-2014, 01:27 PM
I did IP in 2011 and NO WAY you could have 2 or 3 restricted! Are you sure that you are not confusing restricted with unrestricted? I could have 2 unrestricted and 1 restricted ( after 2 weeks) or 3 unrestricted...

Schenectedy, you must be so excited!

On the sample menu for today, she has the following:

B: Pancakes/Crepe
L Chili
S: Peanut Caramel Soy Puffs

These all have the star behind them as restricted, both on her order sheet and on the one my friend sent me from her clinic. I have also discovered by comparing the sheets, that she has changed the amount of the supplements. It is clear the amounts have been covered over with white out and the amounts have been handwritten. Per the 2013 protocol sheet I should be taking them 3x a day and in greater quantities. This is what she has:

B: 1 multi + calcium
D: 1 calcium + 1 Potassium

On the side of her sheet it says that the Omega III is highly recommended but during our hour talk she never said anything about it. When I asked about the daily emails with the videos (my friend gets these) she said that they used to do that but most of the ladies were overwhelmed and they unsubscribed so they stopped sending them out.

My friend told me that there should be an MD associated with the clinic. One is listed on the website and I expected to see him, but I got the coach and a nurse practioner instead.

It seems to me that she is taking shortcuts and liberties with the program so she doesn't have to put out as much effort. I am very upset about this as this was a major decision for me, not to mention the expense. I was so upset about this last night it was hard to get to sleep. :stress:

lisa32989
03-02-2014, 01:49 PM
Cat lady
There must be a person with some sort of medical-related license associated with the facility. It does not have to be an MD. Mine was a DC but the actual clinc was not his chiropractic clinic...it was a separate facility run by his wife (degree in education).

What concerns me most is that for whatever reason, your clinic has not stayed up-to-date in giving out the most recent info. Additionally, using three restricteds in one day was never part of the protocol.

I hope you've been able to find the most recent p1 sheet in the stickies (look toward the end) so at least YOU can have all the right info, even though the person you paid to provide it did not.

If you need help menu planning, head to the What Are You Eating thread. Lots of great info there.

It's hard to not be upset over this, I understand. Take a deep breath and know that there is some great support here. You'll succeed!

I hope you're planning to report all of this to IP corporate tomorrow.

catlady1981
03-02-2014, 02:00 PM
Cat lady
There must be a person with some sort of medical-related license associated with the facility. It does not have to be an MD. Mine was a DC but the actual clinc was not his chiropractic clinic...it was a separate facility run by his wife (degree in education).

What concerns me most is that for whatever reason, your clinic has not stayed up-to-date in giving out the most recent info. Additionally, using three restricteds in one day was never part of the protocol.

I hope you've been able to find the most recent p1 sheet in the stickies (look toward the end) so at least YOU can have all the right info, even though the person you paid to provide it did not.

If you need help menu planning, head to the What Are You Eating thread. Lots of great info there.

It's hard to not be upset over this, I understand. Take a deep breath and know that there is some great support here. You'll succeed!

I hope you're planning to report all of this to IP corporate tomorrow.

Thanks Lisa. The sticky is where I originally obtained the 2013 Protocol sheet. And I have been checking and posting in the What are you Eating thread. It has been very helpful. You can bet I will be calling corporate about this. This site is amazing. All the support and advice is wonderful. Thanks for listening to my newbie rants.

The good news is that on my home scale I am down 4.3 lbs and I'm only 4 days in!! So I'm happy about that. :carrot:

SarahJ86
03-02-2014, 03:19 PM
Happy weekend everyone! Haven't been on here for awhile. Looks like people are talking quest bars. I bought a couple to try last week. Had them for breakfast everyday as a restricted even thoigh a couple of them are on a fine line of being restricted and not. I got banana muffin and the peanut butter one. The all natural. Also cookies and cream and apple pie. All in all they are better microwaved for about 8 seconds. The downside is that they make me feel really bloated. I don't know why. :( only the peanut butter one doesn't do that to me. I am on week 8 and want to start cutting the cost of this program. Even though I will still get some of my favorites. Like the new BBQ unrestricted chips that are new. So good! Anyone had those yet?

Well haven't lost anything in the last two weeks. But it's been my TOM that usually lasts for around two weeks. I have endometriosis. Anyway hope everyone is having a great OP weekend. Spring is hopefully just around the corner! :)

lisa32989
03-02-2014, 03:31 PM
Happy weekend everyone! Haven't been on here for awhile. Looks like people are talking quest bars. I bought a couple to try last week. Had them for breakfast everyday as a restricted even thoigh a couple of them are on a fine line of being restricted and not. I got banana muffin and the peanut butter one. The all natural. Also cookies and cream and apple pie. All in all they are better microwaved for about 8 seconds. The downside is that they make me feel really bloated. I don't know why. :( only the peanut butter one doesn't do that to me. I am on week 8 and want to start cutting the cost of this program. Even though I will still get some of my favorites. Like the new BBQ unrestricted chips that are new. So good! Anyone had those yet?

Well haven't lost anything in the last two weeks. But it's been my TOM that usually lasts for around two weeks. I have endometriosis. Anyway hope everyone is having a great OP weekend. Spring is hopefully just around the corner! :)
The peanut butter supreme bar is one of the ones we determined really didn't fit IP. It is higher calorie and the fat is more than 30%

Other Quest bars that have fat over 30% of calories:
Mixed Berry, Peanut Butter & Jelly, White Chocolate raspberry, Chocolate chip cookie dough, vanilla almond crunch

I'm not saying this to "correct" you, but just to make sure anyone else (esp newcomers) who reads about the bars realizes they are not all equal.

Bellamack
03-02-2014, 04:02 PM
Jendilly - you are not being ignored. I would love to help but I'm not techie enough. I tried to add a photo to my profile and it kept failing so I gave up. I'm sure someone with the appropriate expertise will be able to help.

me too jendilly, I have tried to add my photo and it kept failing. I told Wuv to just "friend" me on Facebook lol

Bellamack
03-02-2014, 04:13 PM

L Chili

These all have the star behind them as restricted, both on her order sheet and on the one my friend sent me from her clinic. I have also discovered by comparing the sheets, that she has changed the amount of the supplements. It is clear the amounts have been covered over with white out and the amounts have been handwritten. Per the 2013 protocol sheet I should be taking them 3x a day and in greater quantities. This is what she has:

On the side of her sheet it says that the Omega III is highly recommended but during our hour talk she never said anything about it. When I asked about the daily emails with the videos (my friend gets these) she said that they used to do that but most of the ladies were overwhelmed and they unsubscribed so they stopped sending them out.

My friend told me that there should be an MD associated with the clinic. One is listed on the website and I expected to see him, but I got the coach and a nurse practioner instead.

It seems to me that she is taking shortcuts and liberties with the program so she doesn't have to put out as much effort. I am very upset about this as this was a major decision for me, not to mention the expense. I was so upset about this last night it was hard to get to sleep. :stress:

Wow, it seems she is "living" in her own world. lol. I hope you can get a new coach. Good thing you can come here, I am sorry that this has happened to you. For all the money spent, you would think you would get an accurate program and "good" coaching! Good Luck and make sure to post any questions here, there is a wealth of experience and knowledge.

JLUS
03-02-2014, 05:06 PM

L Chili

That menu isn't even a "short-cut" it is an outright BREACH of IP protocol!! I hope you go in and ask her point blank what a "restricted item" is/means and then ask her why she would put three of them on one day's menu when clearly no more than one is allowed per day. I would request (demand if it is not honored) to immediately see the head of the clinic and request your 100% refund since you paid for IP expertise and this coach clearly has little to none and the clinic obviously has no oversight with their coaches. If less than a full refund is offered and if you paid with a credit card, you should contact your credit card company and tell them that you paid for a fraudulent service and are requesting they return your funds. Third item on my list would be contacting IP corporate!

I am so GLAD you found this forum and that despite the negligence of the clinic, you have followed correct information found here and YOU are already successful (don't let the coach/clinic claim they were part of ANY of YOUR success... clearly it is IN SPITE of them, not because of them!!) Also VERY HAPPY you realize that IP is an incredible program when correctly administered... YOU GO GIRL!!!!

infoplease
03-02-2014, 05:06 PM
SarahJ:
I was curious if there were any differences between the Quest Bars you mentioned that would make one have side effects the others were missing.
At first I picked the chocolate peanut butter rather than the peanut butter and that one does not have almonds whereas all the others do.

All of them contain erythritol, which some people do have a bit of gastrointestinal issues with, although much less common than the other sugar alcohols.

There is also the luo han guo aka monk fruit. Although unusual, that could be the culprit if it is only in the peanut butter one.

The other interesting thing on the heating is that erythritol has a cooling effect when mixed, so maybe heating the other ingredients helps negate that effect a bit to give it a better mouth feel.

SarahJ86
03-02-2014, 05:11 PM
The peanut butter supreme bar is one of the ones we determined really didn't fit IP. It is higher calorie and the fat is more than 30%

Other Quest bars that have fat over 30% of calories:
Mixed Berry, Peanut Butter & Jelly, White Chocolate raspberry, Chocolate chip cookie dough, vanilla almond crunch

I'm not saying this to "correct" you, but just to make sure anyone else (esp newcomers) who reads about the bars realizes they are not all equal.

Okay. Yeah I was talking about the chocolate peanut butter flavor one. Not peanut butter supreme. It has 8 g carbs 160 calories 45 calories from fat.

SarahJ86
03-02-2014, 05:26 PM
SarahJ:
I was curious if there were any differences between the Quest Bars you mentioned that would make one have side effects the others were missing.
At first I picked the chocolate peanut butter rather than the peanut butter and that one does not have almonds whereas all the others do.

All of them contain erythritol, which some people do have a bit of gastrointestinal issues with, although much less common than the other sugar alcohols.

There is also the luo han guo aka monk fruit. Although unusual, that could be the culprit if it is only in the peanut butter one.

The other interesting thing on the heating is that erythritol has a cooling effect when mixed, so maybe heating the other ingredients helps negate that effect a bit to give it a better mouth feel.

Hey thanks! Yeah sugar alcohols really make me sick. But don't most of IP foods have a little bit in them? None of the IP foods do that. But yeah erythrotol could be it too. But who knows. :) I'm just glad there are some good available alternatives out there.

infoplease
03-02-2014, 05:35 PM
Hey thanks! Yeah sugar alcohols really make me sick. But don't most of IP foods have a little bit in them? None of the IP foods do that. But yeah erythrotol could be it too. But who knows. :) I'm just glad there are some good available alternatives out there.

I wasn't demonizing sugar alcohols. I think a lot of the IP bars have them. I like the chocolate soy puffs and the strawberry wafers and I think both of those have sugar in them rather than the alcohols, and it is just coincidental that those are my favorites.

Plus, sometimes I can handle 17g of fiber at once, sometimes not, if you know what I mean.

I like the Nugo Slim Brownie Crunch, which I think meets the IP alternative criteria for a restricted. It has inulin which sometimes has the undesirable effect as well.

Lots of alternatives threads where you can find lots of stuff, some that may not have the "offending" ingredients.

lisa32989
03-02-2014, 05:47 PM
Only the all natural line uses erythritol. The 99% ( or whatever they call it now) line that uses Sucralose doesn't have erythritol. However most of the list I posted earlier comes from that list

Most of the IP foods I eat don't have sugar alcohols but xylitol or erythritol are the 2 that work best for me & my digestive system.

Different SA react very differently

sarahBell
03-02-2014, 06:01 PM
I love love cake-chocolate-anything SUGAR! Yesterday my dd had some friends over for her b-day. I made a home made lasagna , garlic bread, salad and bought a cake.

I took a few bites of cake and some frosting. Later last night I felt SICK. It was from the tastes of cake and frosting! Pre-IP I would have no problems eating any of this, but it actually tasted nasty and gross. I am still feeling icky today from it. I have been trying to flush it out with so much water. I am still fleeling bloated and over all yuck.

I have learned that my tastes have changes so this is good- scary but good :P

Slipfree
03-02-2014, 06:10 PM
No way!!!! Did this really happen? Mind blown.

Indeed it did, RosiePosie! In a kitchen filled with people. I actually found it kind of funny, because I kept picturing Frankenstein's forehead. Some people do not know when to hold their tongues. Just because you think it, doesn't mean you should say it. Thank goodness, my mom taught me to be kind.

DesrtFlower, you are always so encouraging with your posts. Sorry if you have not felt supported back. :hug:

TXWeightLoser
03-02-2014, 06:37 PM

I am IPer / IP coach in the Dallas area, shot me a reply and we can talk.

smileyface678
03-02-2014, 06:49 PM
Hello everyone! Hope you have all had a good weekend :)
I have my third weigh in on Tuesday morning and am already excited.

Quick question about cauliflower rice: it's become my new favourite food! I am cooking it with loads of veg in it, such as leeks, asparagus, green onions, broccoli etc and it tastes like Chinese fried rice! I am worried that it tastes too good to be allowed! Isn't cauliflower a carb heavy veg? I know they say you can eat it, but should I be restricting my intake to one cup per day perhaps? Interested to hear from fellow cauliflower ricers! :)

smileyface678
03-02-2014, 06:58 PM
I'm not techie but I can try to describe how to post a picture in the forum. When you are typing in a text box, it is an icon in the first row that looks like a paper clip. If you click the paper clip a pop-up should open and allow you to add in a picture/file that is saved on your computer (says "manage attachments"). Click "choose file" and pick your image and click upload. This should insert the image into the chat. 45859

Hope this helps!
I can't wait till we reach 135lbs together! :) xo

sunflwr816
03-02-2014, 07:14 PM
Happy that I stayed OP even though we were in the car for 5 hours today to go visit the litter we're getting our pup from. There was a huge spread of muffins, doughnuts and scones out along with OJ and apple cider. So hard to resist! I managed to avoid it and stick to water and ate my packed IP lunch in the car on the way home, so a small victory there. Also, just wanted to share a pic from our puppy visit today!

TXWeightLoser
03-02-2014, 07:27 PM

Quick question about cauliflower rice: it's become my new favourite food! I am cooking it with loads of veg in it, such as leeks, asparagus, green onions, broccoli etc and it tastes like Chinese fried rice! I am worried that it tastes too good to be allowed! Isn't cauliflower a carb heavy veg? I know they say you can eat it, but should I be restricting my intake to one cup per day perhaps? Interested to hear from fellow cauliflower ricers! :)

The cauliflower should be counted as part of your 2 cups of vegs for lunch or dinner. Don't know how much is 'loads of veg' but it all shouldn't be more that the allowed amount.

Ruth Ann
03-02-2014, 07:35 PM

smileyface - I eat cauliflower a lot! It's one of my favorites (roasted, riced, mashed, you name it). Hasn't slowed me down one bit. If it's on the "select" list on the sheet don't worry about it. As long as you are having 4 cups total of select or occasional veggies a day you are fine. Obviously, only have the occasional veggies, well occasionally!

catlady1981
03-02-2014, 07:51 PM
Wow, it seems she is "living" in her own world. lol. I hope you can get a new coach. Good thing you can come here, I am sorry that this has happened to you. For all the money spent, you would think you would get an accurate program and "good" coaching! Good Luck and make sure to post any questions here, there is a wealth of experience and knowledge.

That menu isn't even a "short-cut" it is an outright BREACH of IP protocol!! I hope you go in and ask her point blank what a "restricted item" is/means and then ask her why she would put three of them on one day's menu when clearly no more than one is allowed per day. I would request (demand if it is not honored) to immediately see the head of the clinic and request your 100% refund since you paid for IP expertise and this coach clearly has little to none and the clinic obviously has no oversight with their coaches. If less than a full refund is offered and if you paid with a credit card, you should contact your credit card company and tell them that you paid for a fraudulent service and are requesting they return your funds. Third item on my list would be contacting IP corporate!

I am so GLAD you found this forum and that despite the negligence of the clinic, you have followed correct information found here and YOU are already successful (don't let the coach/clinic claim they were part of ANY of YOUR success... clearly it is IN SPITE of them, not because of them!!) Also VERY HAPPY you realize that IP is an incredible program when correctly administered... YOU GO GIRL!!!!

Bellamack: Thanks for the support. I am SO glad I found this forum or I wouldn't have known any better.

JLUS: Thank your for your indignation on my part!:) You seem almost as angry as I am!

The coach is the owner of the clinic. She is listed as RN, MSN, FNPC, Owner.

I am going to go in tomorrow instead of waiting til Tuesday which is my official WI day. I can't keep letting this consume almost every waking thought I have. I used my debit card to pay, but I will contact my bank if she gives me grief about a refund. I am going to be reporting her to corporate no matter what happens tomorrow.

I'll keep ya'll up to date in this continuing saga.:mad:

catlady1981
03-02-2014, 07:57 PM
I am IPer / IP coach in the Dallas area, shot me a reply and we can talk.

Since I'm not at 20 days yet, I can't figure out how to PM you and give you my email addy so we could talk off board. :?: I read on here NOT to post your email or phone because SPAM and telemarketers will find me.

IdealProteinNewbie
03-02-2014, 07:58 PM
catlady: I also need to tell you, the peanut caramel puffs you listed aren't even an IP product. IP used to make peanut soy puffs but discontinued them almost 2 years ago.

Sadly, those are a ProtiThin product which are about $12/box on Nashua Nutrition. I think your coach may be substituting cheaper products while still charging you IP prices.

Sorry to add to your stress but want you to be aware. Calling IP corporate needs to be on your to-do list tomorrow!

catlady1981
03-02-2014, 08:12 PM
catlady: I also need to tell you, the peanut caramel puffs you listed aren't even an IP product. IP used to make peanut soy puffs but discontinued them almost 2 years ago.

Sadly, those are a ProtiThin product which are about $12/box on Nashua Nutrition. I think your coach may be substituting cheaper products while still charging you IP prices.

Sorry to add to your stress but want you to be aware. Calling IP corporate needs to be on your to-do list tomorrow!

Ideal: That was the one thing that she was up front about. She told me that she learned at a convention that Protidiet and Ideal Protein are made in the same factory so she offers both. The thing is the order sheet says Bariatrix Products and they sell for $2.85/serving as opposed to $3.85/serving of IP. There are 3 columns of products on the order sheet, 2 for Bariatrix and 1 for IP, so I don't even have the full spectrum of IP products to choose from if I wanted to buy solely IP products. She doesn't even carry IP Vanilla Pudding which my friend tells me makes amazing waffles! But the boxes on display at the clinic said Protidiet or Ideal Protein. I didn't see any that said Proti-Thin or Bariatrix. She said she was all for making it as affordable as possible. But i guess she makes up for it by charging me $50 to see her once a month. And what kind of coach would only see a client once a month? It's just all so wrong and disappointing.

JLUS
03-02-2014, 08:29 PM

I THOUGHT SO!! I was pretty sure they were not offered thru IP anymore (I have ordered them from Nashua before...) but wasn't,t at my computer to double check my list of current IP products.

GRRRRRRRR!! Yes, I am indignant when people try to cheat others and pose as some sort of an expert! Especially when health and well-being are concerned!

TXWeightLoser
03-02-2014, 08:43 PM
Can someone tell myself and catlady1981 how to PM as we are both new here
and really need to talk with each other.

drd1961
03-02-2014, 08:51 PM
TX the ribbon at the top says Welcome,<your user name> on the top right. Below that it says "You last Visited.." the next line says private messages and is a link. Click on that and it will take you to the PM page.

lisa32989
03-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Can someone tell myself and catlady1981 how to PM as we are both new here
and really need to talk with each other.

I believe you need to have been on the forum for a time. Not sure if it's the same 20 days required for other functions or if there is a different amt

TXWeightLoser
03-02-2014, 08:58 PM
I believe you need to have been on the forum for a time. Not sure if it's the same 20 days required for other functions or if there is a different amt

Can you PM me and be our go between ?

TXWeightLoser
03-02-2014, 09:04 PM
Since I'm not at 20 days yet, I can't figure out how to PM you and give you my email addy so we could talk off board. :?: I read on here NOT to post your email or phone because SPAM and telemarketers will find me.

Since we can't PM yet, Search internet for dr Baxter Dallas tx, call them and tell them you want to talk with their weekend coach. They will email me your contact info.

sunflwr816
03-02-2014, 09:20 PM
I can't wait till we reach 135lbs together! :) xo

ME TOO! :hug:

lisa32989
03-02-2014, 09:21 PM
Can you PM me and be our go between ?
It doesn't show up when I click your name. Usually send private message is one of the options

catlady1981
03-02-2014, 10:35 PM
It doesn't show up when I click your name. Usually send private message is one of the options

Since we can't PM yet, Search internet for dr Baxter Dallas tx, call them and tell them you want to talk with their weekend coach. They will email me your contact info.

Lisa: Thanks so much for trying to help.

TXWeightLoser: I called Dr. Baxter's office and left my name and phone number on the nurse's voicemail. I told them that you had asked me to make contact with you this way and asked them to give the weekend coach my message. Hopefully we can touch base tomorrow.

TXWeightLoser
03-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Lisa: Thanks so much for trying to help.

TXWeightLoser: I called Dr. Baxter's office and left my name and phone number on the nurse's voicemail. I told them that you had asked me to make contact with you this way and asked them to give the weekend coach my message. Hopefully we can touch base tomorrow.

I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Deana509
03-03-2014, 01:27 AM
Thanks so much for the supportive responses, everyone! It really helped me out! I am so glad that I found this forum, I am not sure I would want to do this program without this support system of others doing it along with me, and knowing that others are going through the same things I am, and have advice from their experiences!
Sorry I didn't reply individually to each of you who responded, but I did take mental notes from each of the replies.

Thanks again so much for being supportive! :Hug: