DrivenByAmbition
02-28-2014, 10:18 PM
Here's to a new month. =o)

amandie
02-28-2014, 10:29 PM
Yeaaa! Let's have a great month, all!

amandie
02-28-2014, 10:38 PM
I just saw your post in the Feb thread, I am so sorry you're dealing with that. :( would any creams or ointments help the rash? :hug: Hang in there!

DrivenByAmbition
03-01-2014, 12:08 AM
Only time... :/ This has not been an enjoyable experience. Just when I thought I was getting a handle on it, it sneaks up on me... In things that should have been fine, according to information online. I think I'm just going to have to buckle down on my gluten-free diet even more and trust my gut on certain issues.

Any exciting plans for the weekend?

Serenity100
03-01-2014, 07:42 AM
Thanks DBA for opening the new thread! I never knew Glutten could cause such havoc on one's system. It must be so stressful worrying about if something has hidden gluten in it.

Amandie, I love how you are supportive to each of us.

This a.m. I decided for a treat of Peanut butter on toast. WTF 2 TBLS of peanut butter has 5 points! But it was good. Let's see if the peanut butter keeps me satisfied until lunch.

Another snow storm coming this way. Ugh. I know that a large part of the country is being affected by this storm. Stay dry everyone!

ttfn

Deelou
03-01-2014, 10:22 AM
Hello, I am deciding on a plan to follow. I have done many including WW over the years. I am 70 but young at heart. These past few years I have been fighting with thyroid disease and even though my meds are good now and feeling mostly normal, I have not been able to lose weight no matter what! Low carb, low cal, flex eating, etc, etc. up and down 3 pounds not reflecting eating method at all. I am looking for any who might have had hypothyroid issues and found WW to work. The last time I was on it was 2007 so I know it has changed. I am very interested in the online WW. So any input from someone who has dealt with "hard to lose because of thyroid" issues would be appreciated!

DrivenByAmbition
03-01-2014, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the support everyone, it's going to be a rough road for a while, but it will get better.

Koshka
03-02-2014, 01:36 AM
Deelou - I don't have hypothyroid so can't help with that. I think that WW can work with most challenges and that anyone will lose weight if you have a calorie deficit where you burn more calories than you take in. If you burn fewer calories due to your thyroid issues then perhaps eat your minimum at WW (which would probably be 26 points plus a day) and don't eat as many weekly points. Also activity such as walking may help with burning more calories.

Update on me - I weighed in Friday for a .6 loss. Not great but I was very inactive for 2 weeks due to allergies. So I was just happy to have a loss. I weighed myself Saturday morning and was down .8 from Friday morning so was a little chagrined that loss didn't show up until the day after my weigh in! Hope that means I'll have a good weigh in next Friday. For my at home weigh in (which I do in the morning without clothes) I was at 179.3 Saturday morning which put me in the 170s for the first time since mid-2012. I'm not in the 170s yet for my official WW weigh in. Hope to get there this next Friday. My main goal for March is that I want to get below 175 as that would put me in the overweight category.

Serenity100
03-02-2014, 11:42 AM
:welcome2:DeeLou! Did you mention you joined WW Online? Because even though that place has 100's of boards all over the place, you might be able to find a discussion board concerning thyroid issues. Of course, continue to post with our tight little group too!

Sometimes with thyroid you need your medication tweaked, so you might need to talk to your doctor if you follow the plan and it is not working. But maybe there are certain foods or supplements that folks with a low thyroid fine help with the weight loss.

Koshka - :bravo: on getting into 170's. I want so badly to get into the 170's. Can't remember when I was in them last. Two years ago, I was one pound away, and then BAM! Disaster!. The most depressing part is that when I joined WW became lifetime and lost 40 lbs., I started at 178. Now to get to 178 is a struggle. ughhh.

But we will not backdown this time, and go for distance.:D

amandie
03-02-2014, 12:05 PM
Deelou- I'm sorry I cannot help either on the hypothyroid issue. Welcome to the thread though!

WTG, Koshka! :crossed: on staying in the 170s by your next WI!

Serenity- Did that PB keep you full until lunch? I know it sucks that PB has so many points. That is why I switched to PB2. Yes, it is more expensive than regular peanut butter but well worth it to me. If I don't have PB2, sometimes I mix 1 TBSP regular PB in 1/4 cup yogurt (vanilla is my favorite) to stretch it out and still get that peanut butter flavor.

.2lbs down. I will take it. I am going to make it a goal of mine to track more better. I've been loosely tracking in my head, sort of trying IE/WW but I don't think it's working well enough since I want more substantial losses. I also have decided that I want to start back on 30 Day Shred and 10-15 minutes on the elliptical 2-3 times a week. The sucky thing about starting back on exercise is I will be up for a couple weeks due to muscles retaining water but it's for the best, really. Wish me luck, everyone! I really want to have a great March and to get into the 150s firmly!

DrivenByAmbition
03-02-2014, 12:31 PM
Weight was 185.7 today. I would love to lose 5 lbs this month but between 3-5 will be fine. Had a good feeling meal for lunch.

Koshka
03-02-2014, 10:06 PM
Koshka - :bravo: on getting into 170's. I want so badly to get into the 170's. Can't remember when I was in them last. Two years ago, I was one pound away, and then BAM! Disaster!. The most depressing part is that when I joined WW became lifetime and lost 40 lbs., I started at 178. Now to get to 178 is a struggle. ughhh.

But we will not backdown this time, and go for distance.:D

I know what you mean. The first time I joined WW I was at 168 and got to my goal of 125 and became lifetime. Now, though, my goal is 146 and I look forward to being back to 168!

Serenity100
03-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Amandie- The PB was good and filling for me. I think I'll make it as a sandwich for work once or twice a week. I have never tried the PB2 but heard great things about it. I like PB, but I don't "love" it, it's not a trigger food. My friend can sit there and eat the whole jar. Not me, 2 tablespoons are enough, and I'm happy.
Have you tried the PB2 with chocolate? I saw it listed. I will order the PB2 next time I make an order, just to have it in the house. It seems, interesting source of protein, good for shakes.

Tonight I'm going out to dinner with the girls to celebrate a couple of birthdays. I always get a little anxious because I'm afraid I'm going to blow it and go backwards. But this celebration was already postponed once or twice because of the snow. Going to look at the menu now to choose what I'll order. Everything in the place is good, that's the problem. haha

ttfn

amandie
03-03-2014, 04:12 PM
Haha, Serenity. I hate that sometimes, so hard to make a decision when everything is good. Good luck on deciding what you want and have fun!!!

ETA- sorry, missed the pb2 question. No I have not tried it. I figured I could always add cocoa powder to it? Lol.

The weather is definitely better than I expected, whew! I made a "better than sex" cake for my niece's 21st over the weekend, so good and very rich! That's the only exciting thing I did over the weekend. I think I did great on the alcohol front, just 2 beers and 2 shots for the whole day/night of my niece's 21st. Now, I'll be busy this week due to two upcoming exams so studying, studying and studying! Have a great week, all.

NewMe2009
03-03-2014, 04:18 PM
I am very interested in the online WW. So any input from someone who has dealt with "hard to lose because of thyroid" issues would be appreciated!

Hi Deelou,

I was diagnosed with "hypothyroidism" in July 2013. My doctor put me on levothyroixine 25 mcg and at my doctor's visit I weighed 209.8 lbs. She told me I needed to exercise and lose weight for my health. I went back to see her a month later and had lost 12 lbs, down to 197.8 at that time I was having issues with my medication, it made my skin very itchy. She switched me to Synthroid 25 mcg and I took it until January 2014 when my thyroid was back to normal ranges. I had done WW in 2009 and had all my materials with Points Plus so I was using them for my eating and walking and doing work out DVDS for exercise. I restarted WW meetings on 9/14/13(193.2 at WW Center) and just received my 25 lb award last week even tho I have lost a total of 42.8 since 7/30/13. It has been hard but the more weight I lost the better I felt. I would use my daily points and only use my 49 weekly points on the weekends, sometimes I would hardly touch them and I never use my activity points. I was losing steadily and some weeks I wouldn't lose at all but I would maintain. Now that I am within 15 lbs of my goal it is getting harder to lose but my body feels good and my thyroid is now in check. WW is what I will do for the rest of my life. You can have success with WW 360, Points Plus is the way to go in my opinion. Good luck and let me know if I can help you. :)

Koshka
03-03-2014, 06:33 PM
I have heard from a lot of people that the PB2 with chocolate is really good. haven't tried it myself, but I might get some and see what I think.

Serenity100
03-05-2014, 06:39 AM
Yay! Another lb. gone. That makes it 18 total since Jan. 1st. :flow1:

I'm especially glad because I went out to dinner on Monday, and still showed a decent loss on my WI on Wed.

As long as we stick to our points, and don't go crazy using the weeklies, it all works out.

Koshka
03-05-2014, 02:12 PM
Great result, especially with eating out a couple of days before weigh in.

amandie
03-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Great job, Serenity! I agree with Koshka.

I made an interesting concoction yesterday with pb2, cocoa powder and marshmallow creme. It kind of tasted like a reese's milkshake, well a melted one, LOL. Next time I won't add so much water. It satisfied my sweet tooth and I would make it again for shark week cravings.

DrivenByAmbition
03-05-2014, 03:21 PM
That sounds like a sweet treat. It's midweek, and I'm so tired. Off to take a nap in a bit, ready for the weekend.

Serenity100
03-05-2014, 04:39 PM
Amandie, that sounds delicious. I'm kind of nervous about ordering the PB2 with chocolate, because even though I'm not crazy about plain pb, pb with chocolate is another story. . .Love those Reeses peanut butter cups at Halloween, and at Easter too.

My secret for losing even though I went out. I ordered the salmon even though there were so many awesome things I really love on the menu. The salmon came with veggies, no potatoes. But I made up for that by ordering one drink, vodka with soda. low carbs. :)

DrivenByAmbition
03-05-2014, 11:07 PM
My nap was entirely too long. I slept from like 4:30 to 8:00 and cooked dinner. I tell you, with going gluten free, my cooking is getting better :) Plus I'm doing simply filling (technically) and I'm losing. I just drop a pound and half every 6-9 days. I'm okay with that. 185.8 today. I wish I could be at goal by wedding, but I'm satisfied with knowing I will at least be in 170s. Hopefully, little more than 2 months away.

skimmy201
03-06-2014, 02:55 PM
Hi everyone. I have been doing WW off and on for three years now(stopped while pregnant). Two questions: simple filling?! How does it work,have ppl found it helped? I have been stuck for over two months and I am getting beyond frustrated.

Serenity100
03-07-2014, 04:09 PM
TGIF! Another Friday already. The good news is that it is Friday, the bad news is that on the weekends it is easier to stray off plan because our days are less structured.

Has anyone tried the Yoplait Greek 100 yogurt. It is marked with the Weight Watchers logo and only 2 points. I tried the strawberry cheesecake, it was tasty and sweet. I didn't really taste any "cheesecake" in it though. lol I'm wondering how this yogurt is only 2 points while plain fat free yogurt which is 100 points is three? I'm going to have to compare the protein. This yogurt contains 12 g. This yogurt only has 12 carbs so that is good too.

Enjoy the weekend. Hoping to go to a flower show and think Spring!

DrivenByAmbition
03-07-2014, 10:16 PM
Thinking spring, Serenity, sounds good to me. I'm looking forward to non-cold weather tomorrow. So tired of being cold! My weight came down a little bit this week. Hope next weigh in is same or better next week. Have a good weekend!

DrivenByAmbition
03-08-2014, 04:38 AM
Sadly, I have yet to go to bed, and have horrible acid going on. :/ I didn't think I did that bad today.

Autumnjana
03-08-2014, 10:13 AM
Hi Serenity,

I tried the yogurt last week. The flavours were pretty good. I compare the protein amount with other brands at the grocery store and they all had the same 8 grams of protein. However, I'm really not impressed that they don't tell you the reason why it is 1 point instead of 2 points like the other zero fat yogurts is because it contains Splenda. Totally not impressed. Not everyone enjoys having fake sugar in their bodies.

I'm just a little grumpy about it because at the time I didn't realize it and I wasted ten dollars on a ton of yogurt that had to be given away. And I read and compared labels as well.

Anyway if you don't mind Splenda - and some people love it and that's fine - then it's a good value. But I am looking at weight loss and weight maintenance from a whole health perspective and I don't think Splenda is a good personal choice for me. Therefore, I am back to my old brand this week :)

BethC
03-08-2014, 08:26 PM
Hi everyone!! I was away on vacation, came back and saw a good loss on the scale. I tried to track the best I could and it worked for me! So happy it's march and hopefully this long NY winter will be over soon!

I never really liked peanut butter, (except with chocolate, lol), but one of my favorite snacks OP is almond butter with slices of green apples, so yummy!

TerrapinMode
03-09-2014, 01:55 AM
Back to WW after a long break and far too many vacations. Hoping to reach the 160's by the end of March.

Looking forward to getting to know you all as I restart my journey... :)

amandie
03-09-2014, 03:07 AM
Welcome back, TerrapinMode.

Yay, BethC!

Hope you're feeling better now, DBA with all the acid. :(

Love your thinking, Serenity!

Skimmy- Can't help you there as I've never tried simply filling. Hopefully someone else can chime in and help ya out. When you say stuck, do you mean you're stuck at the same weight? Perhaps less weeklies or check/adjust your fruit/veggie intake? Are you tracking everything properly? Just throwing out possibilities. Another way is to maybe try the Wendy plan (basically zigzagging your points along with weeklies, there's a free calculator online if you search.)

ETA: I'm so tired. I've been at a bowling tournament all day (as a fan) and standing a lot. I did okay foodwise but I am definitely not going to step on the scale until next weekend due to sodium bombs, lol.

Serenity100
03-09-2014, 10:03 AM
Happy Sunday!

Autumn- Didn't know that about the Splenda. I'm more suspicious because WW puts their name on the yogurt, and it is 1 point less, than plain ff yogurt. I have no issues about Splenda, I use it very sparingly. I am going to finish up the Yoplait 100 Greek I bought and then sticking to the plain greek yogurt and add my own fruit.

OK- the Dannon Light Greek Yogurt is only 80 calories, 2 points, 8 carbs and is a power food. But it doesn't have the little "weight watchers 2 points label" on it. See how they fooled me? So actually the Dannon would be a better choice for me because I want less carbs and calories. I have one Key Lime pie of this kind.

Fage Low Fat Plain is 4 points. And the Non-fat plain is two points.

Just to totally confuse everyone, the Healthy Choice frozen yogurt is 3 points a container.

Greetings to everyone else. Oh yes, I bought a great kitchen scale on sale at Kohls, you can measure in grams, ozs, very helpful. I measured out 1/2 gram of turkey pepperoni, 1 point! now I have to drink a gallon of water to flush out the salt though.

ttfn

amandie
03-10-2014, 12:03 PM
Serenity- I LOVELOVELOVE my kitchen scale, so helpful!!! I don't really trust what the nutrition labels say like for example on the turkey pepperoni- it says 14 or 16 slices is a serving and when you measure it out, maybe 12 slices is 1 oz. No big deal but it can add up over time, ya know? :) I couldn't live without my kitchen scale.

Up in water weight by a couple pounds, boo! I know I said I wouldn't weigh myself but curiosity got the best of me so that lit a fire under my arse to commit to doing 30DS and up to 10 minutes on the elliptical afterwards.

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Let's have a great OP week, all!

TerrapinMode
03-10-2014, 01:54 PM
What food scale do you all use? Mine just bit the dust this weekend and I need to get a new one. Last week WW was pushing their scale but I'm wondering if it really is as good as they say? Any thoughts?

Koshka
03-10-2014, 02:04 PM
I do use the WW scale and it works fine.

I agree that it is better to weigh food than go by the volume measurements. Sometimes the differences are striking.

amandie
03-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Terrapin- I can't remember the brand I got but it was from Walmart for less than 20 bucks.

Serenity100
03-10-2014, 06:12 PM
Hi everyone! Hope everyone is hanging in! I'm really tired, and tomorrow I have Parent-Teacher Conferences. :dizzy: I am really going to figure out what to bring for both lunch and dinner tomorrow. Don't want to reach for sugar stuff just to keep going.

I usually don't drink diet coke but I'm going to have to chug it to keep my energy up, the last appointment is at 8:30 p.m.

ttfn

amandie
03-10-2014, 09:17 PM
Hi all... I've been struggling with this for a long while now but I've decided to take a break from posting in WW-related threads since I'm not really doing WW anymore, just sort of tracking (calories most of the time) in my head. I sort of feel like a fraud and that I'm lying to you all by posting in here. I hope you all understand.

Keep up the great fight and the awesome work so far! I will miss you all.

Serenity100
03-11-2014, 09:44 PM
Hi all... I've been struggling with this for a long while now but I've decided to take a break from posting in WW-related threads since I'm not really doing WW anymore, just sort of tracking (calories most of the time) in my head. I sort of feel like a fraud and that I'm lying to you all by posting in here. I hope you all understand.

Keep up the great fight and the awesome work so far! I will miss you all.

Aww. Amandie, I'm going to miss you, but I can see you on other threads too.

Miss V
03-11-2014, 10:40 PM
Hi guys! I'm a longtime lurker turned poster. I'm 25 and teach 5th grade, which I absolutely love!! I have been trying to diet on my own... Well forever!! I just joined WW online and excited to get started. I just wanted to pop in here and introduce myself because I'm sure I will have a lot of questions for you all. :)

Autumnjana
03-12-2014, 05:46 AM
Amandie - Even tho you are leaving, I wanted to thank you for all your posts nonetheless. You have been so helpful to so many of us :)

Miss V - welcome! If you have any questions, the people on the WW threads are very helpful and insightful.

As for myself, it has been several days since I last posted. Life has been a little busy. I have two more weigh ins left in my six week maintenance phase with WW. So this week and next week. It sure has been a learning process. Currently I am three pounds under my goal so I am having to gain a pound this week. I am really surprised how many points are consumed by my daily exercise - I have had to add nine points to my daily total thus far. Not that I am sad about that - I'm happy to eat more. I am just dealing with the day to day concern of gaining weight and never stopping. Or eating a ton of food and never stopping. Tho, my feelings have become less intense and I am learning to trust myself a little.

Anyway, so that is my news :)

TerrapinMode
03-14-2014, 01:17 AM
I need to stop eating dessert. And cereal. If I give up those two things I think my weight will start dropping faster. What are your vices?

Serenity100
03-14-2014, 05:58 PM
Miss V - :welcome2: I'm a teacher too. I teach in the NYC public schools.

Autumn- You are doing fab in maintenance. Having a few lbs for cushion isn't such a bad idea. It's great that you exercise enough to burn the calories. That is the way to do it.

TerrapinMode - Cereal is the worst because when you look at the serving size it is minuscule compared to what you probably eat. I know what I ate.:dizzy: And it has lots of added sugar. I was addicted to Rice Crispies. I totally gave up dry cereal. I eat either eggs or steel cut oatmeal with fruit for breakfast. Both choices are very filling.

Desserts - don't even go there. lol. I can't even keep the WW Smart Ones frozen desserts in the house. And then when you look at the portion size for 4 points. No wonder I need to lose 50. I did find Healthy Choice Frozen yogurt for 3 points, it doesn't cause cravings in me, but I only buy if it is on sale.

Have a great weekend! I'm doing fine this week, eating wise, and plan to keep it up. The weather is looking good enough for a walk for Sat and Sun.

Miss V
03-14-2014, 07:46 PM
Serenity- I love meeting fellow teachers! What grade/subjects do you teach?

I can't seem to stay away from the "party foods". I do extremely well during the week, but it all goes down hill once the weekend hits. Adult beverages, buffalo wings, pizza, dips.. Pretty much my all of my favorite things. Lol I know I'm doing better than before, but I have a birthday party to go to tomorrow and I'm hoping I have enough self control. Fingers crossed!!

Koshka
03-14-2014, 09:12 PM
TerrapinMode - Things that I have difficulty with are cookies and chips. So, I just don't buy those for the house any more. I occasionally have them as a single serving when out somewhere and I can control the portion size.

I weighed in this morning and got into the 170s officially - finally. I was down .6 which wasn't stellar, but was fine. I had a great week in terms of eating, but activity was low because my knee and hamstring have been bothering me so I've been taking it easy the past several days. I'm hoping that it will help it to get better.

DrivenByAmbition
03-14-2014, 09:52 PM
Yay, Koshka! I'm ready to be in the 170s myself. Weighed in at 182.3 and think it was a fluke, probably will be back to 183 tomorrow, which is fine.

Serenity100
03-16-2014, 05:16 PM
Am I going crazy or what?:dizzy: I know I made a post on Saturday March 15. There are no posts here from March 15.

Well anyhow, Hello all. I made a delicious WW quiche. Took 2 nice long hikes over the weekend. I am so glad I got some activity points in.

Hope everyone is doing well.

ttfn.

KarinRose
03-16-2014, 09:39 PM
Miss V and Serenity100 - I am a teacher too! I teach third grade. I used to teach in NYC but am in MD now.

I am loving using the e-tools and find it is helping me stay on plan better to track on my phone. I am also exercising 5x/wk which is starting to feel really good.

Question for all: When you exercise do you generally eat more points (dip into your weeklies) or do you try to stay within your daily points still.

Koshka
03-16-2014, 10:35 PM
Question for all: When you exercise do you generally eat more points (dip into your weeklies) or do you try to stay within your daily points still.

I eat about 2/3 of my weekly points whether I exercise or not. I usually eat about 35 of my weekly points, but sometimes eat all of them. I rarely eat my activity points, however.

Bear in mind that daily points represent the minimum you should eat each day. The maximum you should eat during the course of the week are your daily points each day plus your weekly points and your activity points over the course of the week.

Anything in between there is fine. For those at the minimum level of daily points, I think it would be difficult to eat only 26 daily points per day during the entirety of weight loss. I think it can be done, but I'm not sure at all that it is a good thing to do.

I don't often eat exactly 26 points which is what I would have to do to eat the minimum but not eat any weekly or activity points. However, I looked back on my records. I track calories and WW points. This is how my calories were when I ate at or near 26 points (the calories include zero point food):

26 points - 973 calories
26 points - 988 calories

Here are a few at 27 points, since I rarely eat exactly 26:

27 points - 1084 calories
27 points - 1092 calories
27 points - 1025 calories

For this month, my average calories per point plus eaten (this includes zero point foods) is 37.9. So 26 daily points would equal eating roughly 985 calories a day. I don't think that eating 985 calories a day for a long period of time is a good thing and will make it hard to get good nutrition.

Also, I think that to try to eat exactly my daily points of 26 and to try to not ever eat 25 (too few) or 27 (using weekly points) would for me foster a diet mentality and wouldn't be conducive to eating in a way that I can eat for a lifetime.

KarinRose
03-17-2014, 10:10 AM
Thanks, Koshka. That is about the same for me (eating 1/2 to 2/3 of weeklies but not eating activity points.)

Serenity100
03-17-2014, 04:26 PM
Hi Karin :welcome2: I try not to eat any of my weeklies and none of my exercise. I want to lose every week, and I know my body I won't lose, or only lose 1/2 lb a week. I do use some of the extra weeklies if I plan on going out to dinner and know I have a few days to burn them off before WI. :dizzy: Crazy I know.

Just keep in mind, as you lose weight, your points will go down, so try not to be used to using all of your points if you don't have to. jmo

"Hey your pants are falling down" said my friend to me. Yay!:woohoo: I'm gonna keep wearing them until they are down to my ankles. Goodbye size 16 jeans forever!

Have a great evening all!

Miss V
03-17-2014, 09:33 PM
Hello Karin! Yay for teachers!! :)

Serenity- glad you were able to get a few hikes in. I got in a few beach trips due to Spring break. :)

I don't plan to use all of my weeklies or activity points, but I did use all of my weekly points this week. Mainly because of the party I went to on Saturday. I did over indulge, but I was honest with myself and tracked everything. I'm proud of myself for that.

I'm also proud to say that after a week on WW I'm down 7lbs and down 5.5 inches over the last two weeks. Is that even possible?! Lol I think the fact that I've been exercising daily, has made a huge impact! It's funny because I've lost inches in my thighs, waist, bust and have gained inches in each calf and arms. But I'll take it! :)

DrivenByAmbition
03-18-2014, 05:41 PM
What a long week and it is only Tuesday. Weightloss won't be seen this week :(

Serenity100
03-18-2014, 07:39 PM
Miss V, Great stats for the first week. You're on a roll now.

DBA- keep plugging. you are doing great.

Tomorrow is my WI, last week great big 0, I am hoping for at least something this week. :crossed:

Oh, and a confiscated a reeses pb cup from a student, and in the past I would pop that baby in my mouth at the first sign of stress. I didn't even think about it! progress.

ttfn

Shaunalynn
03-18-2014, 09:05 PM
I've been very very MIA due to life and deadlines. But I've now been on WW for a month and while I've only lost a pound, mom saw me today for the first time in about 2-3 weeks and said I have definitely slimmed down. So that makes me happy. I figure I'm going to stick to how I feel and how my clothes fit vs what the scale says. I think one of these days I'll step on and it'll just be down weight. I figure skate so I think that tends to keep the muscle building even though I've not been on the ice much in the last month and a half, again due to deadlines and life.

Anyone else have that where they've lost inches before the weight?

mrswesleycrusher
03-18-2014, 09:46 PM
I've been very very MIA due to life and deadlines. But I've now been on WW for a month and while I've only lost a pound, mom saw me today for the first time in about 2-3 weeks and said I have definitely slimmed down. So that makes me happy. I figure I'm going to stick to how I feel and how my clothes fit vs what the scale says. I think one of these days I'll step on and it'll just be down weight. I figure skate so I think that tends to keep the muscle building even though I've not been on the ice much in the last month and a half, again due to deadlines and life.

Anyone else have that where they've lost inches before the weight?

My weight loss has been slow for my size 14lbs in 2 months, but I've lost a LOT of inches and my clothes are getting waaay too big!

KarinRose
03-18-2014, 11:02 PM
Yay for clothes getting too big, mrswesleycrusher (p.s. love the name!)!

I am realizing I was probably wearing clothes way too tight (refusing to go up another size) because as I am losing weight I realize that I am surprised to find my clothes...fitting correctly. ;-/

Hope they feel loose soon!

Serenity100
03-19-2014, 04:39 PM
Hi Everyone :yes: To Saggy Baggy Clothes! That's how people notice we are doing well. And, then everyone then asks how much did you lose? I tell them a low number. ha

I lost 3 lbs this week, so that averages 1.5 which I am happy with.

So we had a breakfast at work, all I ate was some fruit, yay to zero points fruit! I ate my own quiche at home beforehand instead of eating the greasy scrambled eggs and turkey bacon. If I am going to eat bacon it will be the real deal thanks. lol but I do understand that some don't eat pork.

ttfn. Keep on working it my saggy baggy friends.

mrsdocrocks
03-19-2014, 06:05 PM
We have several outings this week so I am being really careful for the rest of my meals and staying right on plan. Tonight I dipped into my weeklies a little as I will tomorrow and Saturday >.< But I am proud of myself for not letting those moments destroy my whole week, which has been an issue lately. I am fighting so hard with this lately and I am so ready for spring and summer cause it's SO much easier to stick to it at those times!

DrivenByAmbition
03-19-2014, 06:39 PM
Bad day, and to top it off... Weight is still 182.x oh well.

momof2sons
03-19-2014, 07:28 PM
Hi everyone! I am back on WW after a couple of years. I will go for my first weigh-in this Saturday morning. I feel like I've lost some weight already! I am really loving the WW app on my phone....no more having to carry my notebook everywhere!! I have really enjoyed reading your posts, and look forward to being a part of this group. I hope that this time, I will be able to stick with WW for the long haul. Wish me luck :)

Serenity100
03-20-2014, 07:02 PM
:welcome3:Mom, this is a very supportive group

DBA, sorry you are having such a challenging time, hope things will get better

:sunny:So happy Spring is here! Even happier that I stuck to my goal of staying within points each and every week. I know we can do it. I am using the same thinking and going all the way to June 21st, the first day of Summer.

Have a great evening.

Koshka
03-20-2014, 08:32 PM
Tonight I dipped into my weeklies a little as I will tomorrow and Saturday >.< But I am proud of myself for not letting those moments destroy my whole week, which has been an issue lately.

I would suggest to not see using Weekly Points as something destructive. While it is optional to use Weekly Points, WW is based upon working just fine even if you eat all of your weekly points. Daily points are the minimum you are supposed to eat each day, not the maximum. If you aren't hungry, then, sure don't eat weekly points. But, for many people it is difficult to eat in a healthy, nutritious manner just eating daily points and it can be hard to sustain. For me, at 26 DP, I find that if I eat exactly 26 DP, that is under 1000 calories a day which is don't think is optimal nutrition.

mrsdocrocks
03-21-2014, 10:12 AM
yeah I am at 26 daily points and it is difficult some days. others not so much.

Koshka
03-21-2014, 02:46 PM
I was happy to weigh in this week for a 2.2 pound loss! I don't often have that kind of loss. I had a good week eating. I stayed on program and had 12 weekly points left. I am resting my knee which has been hurting so had no real activity last week so didn't have a great calorie deficit (per Fitbit - about 3/4 of a pound). But, the past 2 weeks before that my weight loss had been lowered than I would have expected based upon what I ate and calories burned. So I think my body just caught up with itself. I'm glad I didn't give up and go off track during that little plateau.

MamaLu
03-21-2014, 04:33 PM
Hi All! This is my first post in this thread. I've introduced myself in a couple of threads already, once being here in the WW forum. Serenity invited me down to the chat thread...so here I am. Thanks for the invite and warm welcome, Serenity!

I've done WW before and have all the info and materials. Knowing what to do has never been my issue--it's finding the fortitude to actually put the knowledge into action and then to keep doing it that has gotten me every time! Anywho, I re-started on Monday, this time just doing it on my own rather than forking the money over to WW Inc. I want my WI days to be Fridays. I weighed today after only 4 days back OP, and had lost 2.2 pounds. Woohoo!

Serenity100
03-21-2014, 06:28 PM
Koshka:cp: yay.

Mrsdocrocks, yes some days 26 seem like nothing. Usually on the weekends for me, other times, I eat three meals and snacks and still have a point or two left over. Also alcohol takes a lot of points. I'm going out to dinner with a group tomorrow and I am going to use my 49 points on drinks.:cheers: I always plan one cocktail per week, usually on Fridays, but this week I'll wait until tomorrow.

MamaLu glad you found us:)

Off to check the menu of the restaurant for tomorrow. . .

ttfn

momof2sons
03-21-2014, 07:03 PM
Thank you for the welcome Serenity:)
Now that I'm here, I need to learn a few things, like how to add a ticker!

MamaLu, I just recently re-started WW myself (4th time), and am hoping that this time will be the last. Best of luck to you!!!!

Well, first weigh in tomorrow morning....... I will post my results:)

momof2sons
03-21-2014, 07:04 PM
We'll look at that!! I guess I do know how to add a ticker��

MamaLu
03-21-2014, 08:01 PM
momof2sons , I'll keep my fingers crossed for a good WI for you in the morning. :crossed: :crossed: I wish it got easier with each attempt! I look forward to sharing the journey with you.

[edited to add] Good job on the ticker! :) I'll have to try that some time!

PUPMOM5
03-22-2014, 08:22 PM
Hi Ladies! There's a lot of new faces around here, but some familiar ones as well! I'm back after a somewhat long hiatus. I transitioned to calorie counting and thought I couldn't belong to the group anymore - but it just made my already-slowed weight loss crawl to almost none (I think, mostly, because it encourages me to make bad choices in general, but also to make worse choices and try to exercise them away - proving my body really adheres to the whole weight loss is "70% diet, 30% gym" sayings that you see everywhere.)

So, here I am, re-signed up for WW and am in Day 2 of my ActiveLink assessment. I'd really like to jumpstart my body back into losing and get to goal this summer. :)

momof2sons
03-22-2014, 08:43 PM
Hi PUPMOM5! I see you have reached some remarkable goals! YAY for you!! I know exactly what you mean though...... I was trying to diet "alone" and lost a total of 3 lbs. between Jan. 1-March 15 :(

WW Works! My weigh-in after 1 week and I lost 6.4 lbs.!!!! I know it will slow, but I'm determined to stick with it.

What a difference following a program makes! Have a great weekend everyone:)

Serenity100
03-23-2014, 03:55 PM
Hi PupMoms, that is one awesome ticker you have! Wow. Thanks for coming back , I'm sure we can use your experiences to help us.

Last night we went out to dinner with our friends, and let me tell you, I am cured of over-eating forever I think. I don't know how I used to do it, because I ate a fraction of what I used to eat and felt so sick afterwards. I could not even think of having dessert, even though everyone else did, and I was fine with it! I have a bad cold today which is good because my appetite is zero, just going to drink lots of water and go to bed early.

ttfn.

MamaLu
03-23-2014, 08:30 PM
Gah...it's Sunday night again, which can only mean one thing: Tomorrow is Monday. Boo. But something to cheer about...this is the first weekend in YEARS that I have eaten like a normal person! I will have no Monday morning Guess I Better Start Over Again guilt tomorrow! Happy Dance!

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend too!

Becky Quilts
03-24-2014, 02:41 PM
Hey ladies! I am back on the wagon for a week now! I saw about a pound loss, woohoo! I am a married mom to DS 6 and DD2 (3 in June) and am ready to get rid of that last 10 pounds to get back to lifetime. I would like to continue, and get more toward the middle of my weight range instead of the tip-top line. I have plateau'd ad 160-162 every stinking time!
I tend to WI on Friday's. I blew through 23 weekly points yesterday, I'm not sure whether it's better to rack my nerves with no points going into the weekend or going into the week, heh, but Fridays were good in the past as it is easier to stay on plan during the week.

Pupmom, I did CC for a while too... my brain wraps around WW and the real-life flexibility for some reason. I've done both successfully (lost 10# on CC in early 2010) but right now I think WW is working so far.

I have a hard time with consistency, and not trying to jump to a new plan in a few weeks!

Serenity100
03-24-2014, 03:49 PM
Hi Becky! WW works, it might not work as fast as we would like sometimes, but it definitely works.

I, myself, could never do pure "CC", and the reason why is that I would have, let's say 1500 cals a day, and then eat a piece of chocolate cake for breakfast, a slice of pizza for lunch, and some mashed potatoes with lots of butter for dinner. In other words, I can't be trusted to eat the proper nutrition.

Speaking of nutrition, there was just an article published in a medical journal that says that taking vitamins are a waste, your body doesn't process them. My internist agrees. She says they are a waste of money. So I really try to eat lots of fruits and veggies to get the vitamins we need.

ttfn.

DrivenByAmbition
03-24-2014, 09:28 PM
By God's good grace, I weighed 180.8 this morning and it's TOM. Hard to believe.

PUPMOM5
03-25-2014, 12:45 PM
Hi Driven! How nice to see you still around!

I can't tell you all the amount of stress over my eating which has been lifted since I stopped (solely) calorie counting and returned to WW. It's amazing.

Now, if only I had time to be active this week! I'm drowning in work. I hope to break free in the middle of the week. The cold weather isn't very motivating either, to be honest. :P

DrivenByAmbition
03-25-2014, 03:52 PM
Hi Driven! How nice to see you still around!

I can't tell you all the amount of stress over my eating which has been lifted since I stopped (solely) calorie counting and returned to WW. It's amazing.

Now, if only I had time to be active this week! I'm drowning in work. I hope to break free in the middle of the week. The cold weather isn't very motivating either, to be honest. :P

Howdy, stranger! Missed you being around and glad to see you back. You will make it to goal soon! I'm drowning at work as well and have a sickly feeling honey today... Stomach bug, hope I don't get it.

Becky Quilts
03-26-2014, 01:42 PM
Interesting, Serenity. I will take a B-complex especially during the winter months to help combat the winter blues and it seems to help. I wonder if it was multi-specific or more broad?

DrivenByAmbition - woohoo! Congrats!
- hope your Honey feels better soon. It's no fun when a loved one is sick.

PupMom5 - Yes ma'am! I can relax, too, with the flexibility. So glad it works well for you!

As for me - Spring Break for DS has really thrown us a loop this week. Being school-ager rookies, we didn't expect a full week off. Then hubby had to shuffle our time off around so he could talk to a potential new boss (within our same company) so it's been scrambly. I think my coworkers have given up on keeping track of my schedule this week! And it's been tough to concentrate with all the days broken up.

Yesterday I blew off tracking. :( Had an awful day; I have been working through depression/anxiety for about a year now. The light is breaking through, but there are still some off days. My week ends Friday (WI Friday, New week on Sat). -should I take a 7point hit on my weeklies and carry on? It wasn't an "on point" day but I didn't devour a bag of potato chips, either.

Koshka
03-26-2014, 08:30 PM
That seems like a reasonable approach if you can't reconstruct what you ate yesterday and go ahead and track it now (which is preferable).

I also weigh in on Fridays (starting my new week on Fridays also) so I usually eat pretty lightly on Wed and Thurs anyway.

MamaLu
03-27-2014, 12:18 PM
I'm a Friday weigh-er also! I took a sneak peak this morning, and man, oh, man! do I hope it says something similar tomorrow morning!

Becky Quilts Any day, not to mention a whole week, that is out of the normal routine messes me up also. That's life though, so dealing with them and moving on is the key. I'd take the hit on the weeklies and keep going. I hope you've had some time to enjoy your little one's spring break.

Sad day for me, We've been keeping our daughter's boyfriend's dog while he was staying with his sister. He's got his own place now and is ready for the doggie back. I didn't realize how attached I'd grown to the big stinker until I found myself crying on the way to work. <sighs>

Speaking of work, as usual, I spent too much time browsing the threads here so I'd better get back to it!

DrivenByAmbition
03-27-2014, 07:46 PM
It's hard to not get attached to animals, MamaLu.

I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday. Busy weekend ahead, but it's okay! I've had a very trying week and need the weekend ASAP. Hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday.

Koshka
03-28-2014, 05:20 PM
Weighed in today and I was down .2 of a pound. I know that isn't a huge amount, but I expected it because I had a 2.2 pound loss last week. Usually if I have a big loss one week the next week is much less. I had a good week for food though so I'm OK with it.

One reason I'm OK with it was that I was really excited to get my 30 pound star! Yes, I've been there before, but it was still exciting to get back there again!

DrivenByAmbition
03-28-2014, 06:39 PM
That is exciting, Koshka. I did not lose much weight this week, but it's okay, I didn't gain. That's the way I'm looking at things now within 20 lbs of goal.

Koshka
03-28-2014, 09:42 PM
I think that is a good way to look at it. As you get closer to goal it does get harder to lose and the important thing is to, on those weeks, maintain and perhaps lose a little.

PUPMOM5
03-29-2014, 09:09 AM
Koshka, that's wonderful! Getting those stars does feel pretty good. :)

Does anybody ride a bicycle for exercise? I've been doing my research and decided this will be my new, relaxing hobby (as soon as the weather can be nice for more than a few hours) but I'm a little worried it will hurt my back. I had a severe back injury the year before last and I'm all better now, but I'm always paranoid.

Serenity100
03-29-2014, 01:09 PM
Hi All! Seems like everyone is still on track. I'm still recovering from a nasty cold/virus. Plus now my hubby and son have it too.

My last WI I lost .5 lb, I'll take it, and move forward. I'm sticking to plan but when you feel run down it takes so much energy to plan and track, but I'm doing it. I refuse to sabotage myself.

I'm trying to get away from self medicating, and really I haven't because there is not a darn thing in the house that I like to eat to medicate.:D But yesterday was a day from all heck, so when I went shopping I bought one 4 pack of the Smartones ice cream sundaes. 4 points each. Just one pack, when it's gone it's gone and the worst damage I could do is 16 points all together.

Pupmom, a few years ago hubby bought me one of those "retro" cruiser bikes with the fat tires. Mine is aqua. Plus it has a nice comply seat. It is great for cruising around the neighborhood or on bike paths. It's a smooth ride, shouldn't hurt your back.

DrivenByAmbition
03-29-2014, 07:56 PM
Weekend is going by too fast. Wish time would slow down. On plan and weight was 180.8. Oh how I pray to see that 179.x number soon.

PUPMOM5
03-29-2014, 08:43 PM
Serenity, that's just the sort of bike I've been looking at! Wonderful. It's been such a long winter in the Midwest, I can't wait to get outside.

I had pizza (quite a bit!) for dinner tonight. I'm going to be nice and not weigh myself until my next weigh-in, next Saturday, so that the sodium bloat doesn't make me sad. I'm beginning to find, as I approach goal, that weighing everyday is frustrating and no longer motivating. I think I need to break myself of the habit.

Serenity100
03-30-2014, 09:46 AM
Weekend is going by too fast. Wish time would slow down. On plan and weight was 280.8. Oh how I pray to see that 179.x number soon.
DBA you mean 180!:D Yes the weekends are much too fast.

Pupmom, I even have a basket and a bell for my bike. I ride to the grocery store to pick up a few things with it. Of course the winter here has been so horrid I haven't used it since fall. Can't wait to dust it off.

Happy Sunday All. Recharge your batteries!

DrivenByAmbition
03-30-2014, 12:09 PM
DBA you mean 180!:D Yes the weekends are much too fast.

Wow, yeah! I don't know how I missed that! Woopsie. I was 180.8 this morning and am afraid I may have caught the stomach bug.

momof2sons
03-30-2014, 05:50 PM
Well, I am very happy to report that I lost 3.8lbs at my second WI! My teenage son said, "Wow Mom, that's great! But, I don't get how you're losing weight because it seems like you're always eating". I laughed because he's right. I started off with 36 points, and am now down to 35, but it sure does make for several small meals a day! Speaking of.......time to eat dinner!

I hope everyone has a great Sunday evening and a wonderful week of weight-loss ahead :)

Autumnjana
03-30-2014, 06:52 PM
Hi everyone :)

It is nice seeing everyone's updates and seeing that everyone is keeping pressing on :)

I need to recommitment to posting more often. When I am stressed/upset I tend to shy away and keep to myself. After eight weeks of maintenance I still haven't reached lifetime. Right now I am seven pounds below my goal weight. It has been a stressful time and ultimately I decided to re-evaluate my goal weight. It is unrealistic to think that I'll make myself regain seven pounds...I know myself and I know I'll grow used to eating a lot and it will be hard for me to stop gaining. So I settled for a lower goal weight; I only have to gain one pound. So I do feel better about that.

Anyway I am hoping that my emotions and my eating/exercise program straighten back out.

Koshka
03-30-2014, 08:01 PM
If you are so easily staying below goal weight then it sounds like a lower goal weight is appropriate for you. If you feel happy with what you are eating and aren't unduly restricting yourself and still find it easy to lose and want to lose then there is nothing wrong with setting a lower goal weight.

Once you are at a point where eating how you can eat for a lifetime keeps you at a certain weight then you have found your goal weight.

Autumnjana
03-31-2014, 04:32 AM
Koshka,

You make a really good point there. I have had a hard time shifting my thinking from eating in more of a weight loss mode to eating in more of a maintenance mode. Am I satisfied with the amount of food I am eating? I'm not entirely sure. For the moment think that my weight and food intake is sustainable and enough. But truthfully I'd like to be able to eat a lot more. It's hard to know what is a normal amount of food. I think what I'll do is evaluate as the week goes on how satisfied I am. Thanks for your suggestions and I'll let you know how things work out :)

archychick
03-31-2014, 02:07 PM
Everything is coming together for me finally. I don't feel that I am dieting as I really am not. I know that I can easily continue this lifestyle comfortably as I am not craving anything and it has now become routine. I feel really great.

I was reading in another thread that WW is not set up to incorporate other woe, but I do not see that true at all. I see it as scaffolding a person into understanding healthy eating and then that person can make any additions that fit for them. For me, my additions are Intermittent Fasting (IF) and bulking up my meals Volumetrics style. Works just fin.

momo: Nice job!

Autumnjana: "I need to recommitment to posting more often. When I am stressed/upset I tend to shy away and keep to myself." I know what you mean as I do the same. I always feel so much better and stay on track better when I visit and participate.

I have a question as I am really new to following this program. I thought that the point of the WW process was to teach you healthy food/portion sizes so that when you hit maintenance you are already in that mindset. Is maintenance such a drastic change from the rest of the plan? This question is especially important to me due to how I have been feeling as of late (1st part of my post) and I don't want to be blind-sided later on!

Sending supportive vibes to you and all who need it today! ----------->

Serenity100
03-31-2014, 04:24 PM
Wow, Mom, Awesome:bravo:

Autumn, I know you have been struggling with this "goal weight" issue for a while now.:hug: Hope you get it figured it out soon. Listen to your WW Leader. If you are happy with your weight now, and feel that you can sustain it easily, make that your goal weight.

Archy, I think the short answer is that when you get to maintenance, you will have more points to "play with". So if you want two glasses of wine, you will have the points and still not gain, or maybe you want to have a lunch with more points than you usually have, etc.

PUPMOM5
03-31-2014, 04:32 PM
Archy, what Serenity said. Maintenance gives you more points so you can learn your own balance.

I got my bicycle and even got to ride it yesterday, which was wonderful and a great stress reliever! I wish I could ride again today, but way too much work to do and little time.

Autumnjana
03-31-2014, 05:22 PM
Thank you all for your support :)

Yes, I have been struggling with my goal weight for quite some time. Until Koshka pointed out, I thought I was happy with my food intake.

Truth be told, I think what is bothering me is not the fact that im going down in weight so much...but the fact that I am over eating on the weekend and taking from my daily points during the week to "cover it" for a little while now. On the weekend...it's all eating at home by myself. It's not like I'm going out and enjoying food or anything. It is basically binge eating.

I am so stressed out today I could cry. I started a new role at work (promotion) that in of itself is lovely...but i have been from my old teammates and it has thrown my routines out the window in every respect. Now I have I go the gym at night with all the buff guys there instead of in my safe zone in the mornings with the friendly seniors and the young moms. I just felt more comfortable with that set.

I am also scared about my past eating disorders rearing their ugly heads...I have had a lot of change and a lot of loss in my life and the removal of all my familiar people and routines is extremely upsetting. I know it's irrational but it how I feel. So I think all the loss and uncertainty is making me go crazy on food (mostly Saturdays).

I am not sure what to do. I want to keep exercising daily because it is good for the mind and body. I'll have to face my fears I guess. But also I have to get a handle on my eating disorder behaviours and just commit to ending them. They may have started up recently, but they don't have to stick around.

I want to be the person I was 1-2 months ago. Lonely and insecure but still having a goal to reach for and still knowing who i was at least in terms of eating and weight loss and daily exercising.

To be clear, in maintenance mode there is no specific points that you eat at. You have to play around to get your balance. The playing around was a huge mental leap that was unsettling. I'm just so unhappy :(

Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can turn this around thought-wise?

archychick
03-31-2014, 06:39 PM
Ahhh, I get it. Thanks all for explaining.

PUPMOM5: Enjoy your bike! May you have beautiful riding weather. :)

Autumnjana: It all makes more sense to me now and I can better see how difficult it can be. It's good to know what is waiting for me on the other side before I get there. I will also be watching for the replies to you. I'm so sorry that you are having such a rough time presently. :hug:

PUPMOM5
04-01-2014, 09:14 AM
Autumn, for me, I think that talking about and journaling about these feelings helps me to feel less alone on my journey. Even if we're in weight loss, we're all trying to juggle to find that point-range where we're accomplishing our goals - it's an anxious business for everyone. Like Koshka said, maybe you should consider a lower goal weight where it will be slightly more challenging to stay at?

Also, maybe you could find a support group for people recovering from eating disorders - they might have insights or better tips for success from personal experience.

Serenity100
04-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Autumn, I think you need to choose a goal weight first, and then stick with it. If you lose more weight, then you are not eating enough, maybe because you are exercising and you are burning points that way. That is not a bad thing, just have a plan of a nutritious snack to make up the points from exercise. Maybe a protein shake with some spinach or an apple thrown in, or greek yogurt with fruit. From what I'm reading, it feels like you feel "out of control". You have a lot of changes and that makes many people anxious. You can get a handle on it. Plan to keep the points up, the same way some of us plan to keep the points down. Count your activity points if they cause you to lose and make adjustments.

Yay, March is over, it's April, here's to a successful April for all!

archychick
04-05-2014, 04:06 PM
I am going through one of the most stressful and emotionally turbulent times in my life at the moment. I let myself eat what I wanted, but I kept it controlled so that I didn't go out of bounds by measuring everything and keeping track periodically. I also didn't choose unhealthy food and I didn't over-carb. I only lost 1lb this WI, but I lost, not gained. This is a milestone for me because much of my weight gain was due to emotional eating, especially carbs, without any control over it. I'll take the win. ;)