Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - March 2014 - Everyone Welcome!

Diana3271
02-28-2014, 10:15 AM
Hello Everyone! :wave: Welcome to the Check-In! Let's make it a great month!

I want to welcome everyone to the Daily Accountability Check-In. Our goal is to stay accountable and on track by posting our daily food and exercise choices. All food and exercise programs are welcome. Consistency is the key to reaching our weight loss goals.

Introduce yourself or jump right in and tell us what you have been doing.

:cheer2: Here's to the start of a great month! :cheer2:

Syckgirlsfv
02-28-2014, 12:52 PM
morning! It's pouring here!!!! finally! :rain::carrot: we really needed it...and the streets are flooded so we're getting it!

Diana yes it is FABULOUS once I finish a quarter and can go blow off steam in Vegas! Only 108 more days...LOLOLOLOL ha ha :rofl: I annoy DH with it, but he just doesn't get that with everything I have on my plate these days I NEED something to look forward to. :dizzy:

Ok on the menu:
B - oats/egg whites/lite jarlsburg
S - crunchy rice roller
L - salad: romaine, deli ham, energy nut mix, BHF blue cheese dressing
D - maybe my fav chicken bacon alfredo pizza! 300 cals per slice, and there are 4 so DH and I split them. 600 calories ain't too bad for pizza!

planning cardio after work at the gym...probably watch Last Vegas on blu-ray tonight since I bought it at Costco last weekend. We saw it in the theater when it was out, and it was SO MUCH fun! Can't wait to see it again. It was filmed at Aria, where I stayed in July for my anniversary. BEAUTIFUL hotel!!!

alaskanlaughter
02-28-2014, 01:36 PM
very tired this morning...but at least I can get some more rest before I hit the gym...I might just walk on inclines since i'm super sore from running yesterday...

Waterbunny77
02-28-2014, 06:15 PM
Perfect, I get to start the last day of Feb! Today for breakfast I had 2 slices of cheese with those thin round flat breads (can't remember it's name). For lunch I had a very small cup of chili, one small block on dark chocolate and mid dinner I ate 3 eggs. Later I will have a small cup of navy beans and that should bring me around 1300 calories for the day.

alaskanlaughter
02-28-2014, 06:23 PM
i walked on the steepest incline setting on the treadmill (15) for 10 minutes along with a warm up, cool down and gradually increasing the incline to its max setting....i was dripping sweat halfway through so i know it must have been a good workout....i am only doing 20 minutes on the treadmill right now so i'm making it the hardest that i can handle, because of my new shoes...the blisters are healing and i'm hoping no more form...i found that pushing it to 30 minutes created new blisters so i backed off a little

also my sinuses have been congested for several days, out of the blue...i feel fine otherwise...that happens every spring when the temps rise above freezing and right now it's hovering in the high 30s daily...i've been taking one sudafed a day and it's at least keeping the congestion from becoming an ear infection

Syckgirlsfv
02-28-2014, 07:02 PM
Suddenly it doesn't look like I'll be hitting the gym tonight...it's super windy and still pouring! When I get home I'm going to stay there! I guess I'll do squats or something at home because no way am I going back out once I'm there. It's crazy! :yikes:

kelijpa
02-28-2014, 07:29 PM
alaskan once again it's warmer in Alaska than n Northeast PA! We had a high of 18 today...so no walking outside yet. 20s until weds. Congrats on adjusting your workout.

novangel
02-28-2014, 07:49 PM
Yay for March! That means the two worst months in the midwest are behind us and spring is right around the corner. :carrot: Summer can't come soon enough.

Waterbunny: :welcome: :wave:

BBL to report.

miniapplecocoa
02-28-2014, 08:23 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new here. I've been lurking and reading boards for weeks now looking for a place to jump in. LOL! And what do you know here it is.

I'm doing Medifaker/Wonderslim 4+2+1. My changes have been going pretty well since 2/03/14. My calories are low because its Medifast/Wonderslim food and If I don't cheat, its hard to even get to 1100/per day. I don't eat a lot of fat or meat.

I also drink 101 oz of water a day.

I've been trying to start my yoga practice again and have managed to do 5 days in a row of stretches. I have TOM so I'm reluctant to do much more than stretches. I also walk two little dogs 2x a day. I have been hula hooping to my wii and using the free run about 2x a week as well.
I also meditate at least 15 minutes a day. The lifestyle change seems to be working. But its been one of the HARDEST things I've ever tried in my life.

Whew, there the boring stuff is out of the way!

I'm just looking for a place to post and comment with people who might truly understand how difficult this undertaking really is. Thanks

Angie
02-28-2014, 09:58 PM
I'm not doing so well at daily accountability! Trying again for March. :)

laciemn
02-28-2014, 10:02 PM
Lots of new people! Hi waterbunny and miniapple. I found a pleasing alternative to placate my sweet tooth! I bought some nonfat, unsweet yogurt and added a little bit of pineapple and juice, a little lemon and vanilla extract, and a pack of equal sweetener. It's yummy! Besides that, I had a kind of breakfast-y hash of potatoes, peppers and sausage with a little cheese, and a chicken salad with a bit of rice.
I'm working on cutting back my caffeine again. I've also been getting in a some exercise every day.

Diana3271
02-28-2014, 11:07 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Welcome back to all the regulars! It's great to see all the new faces, too!

Enjoy your evening! See you tomorrow! :D

Waterbunny77
02-28-2014, 11:27 PM
Hi Laciemn and Noangel, I'm in the midwest too and so hoping that the worst is over as far as the weather, it's been so harsh and we're still getting snow storm warnings :?:

Diana3271
03-01-2014, 08:03 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Waterbunny77 and miniapplecocoa Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

I woke at 6 AM! :tired: I think TTOM is getting ready to start. I have some sort of hormonal insomnia during TTOM. :mad:

Last night I added on: Legs up the wall yoga pose while listening to a mountain stream cd.

Calories for yesterday: 1420 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 165.2
Down: .4

Enjoy your Saturday!

Skettihead03
03-01-2014, 09:34 AM
I'm starting again today and think this accountability thread will help!

Today's food :
B - flax and chia vanilla cereal with rice milk
S - handful of almonds
L - almond butter and blueberries on 1 piece wheat, 1 banana, 1/2 cup cucumbers
S - 100 cal yogurt
D - ground turkey in tomato sauce over roasted eggplant

Workout -30 min yoga, 1 hr cardio (walking mod pace)

Diana3271
03-01-2014, 09:37 AM
Skettihead03 Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Angie
03-01-2014, 10:37 AM
Good morning :)

Weigh in 237.6 (-.6)

Breakfast -- 2 slices whole wheat toast, tomatoes, coffee (289 cal)
Lunch -- Going to a bridal shower, so it's a game of food roulette today! (Call it 1000 cal)
Dinner -- Grilled cheese sandwich (300 cal)

My mantra...I will not eat cake, I will not eat cake, I will not eat cake....

Diana3271
03-01-2014, 11:12 AM
Angie Good luck at the bridal shower! Stay strong. Congrats on the .6.

Syckgirlsfv
03-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Yo all chicks! (and Larry and Ian ;) )

it's been pouring for two days! I was driving home from school this morning and visibility was so bad nobody was going over 40 mph! My poor kitties are all hiding inside because the rain is so heavy and loud - but Cali has sure been needing this.

Last night I did 6 sets of squats with DH in a 10 minute time frame...SO intense! 20 reps each set and I am SORE today. We are supposed to go do cardio at the gym a little later because when I got home half an our ago it was raining too hard to go back outside. We'll be going within the hour.

So far today:
B - leftover spinach pasta with pesto (less than a cup)
L - low carb wrap, 2 slices bacon, teaspoon of lite mayo, romaine, 2 tomato slices. YUM!!!
S - babybel light
not sure about dinner yet...if the weather chills out a little we may go out to eat. have a great day all!:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

alaskanlaughter
03-01-2014, 07:03 PM
I got SO sick yesterday evening :( my throat was so sore and swollen closed, it was awful....I don't know if it's a head cold, or strep or some random reaction to something....I thought it was my sinuses draining into my throat, because I've had sinus issues for a few days...but now i'm not sure...it hurts to talk and, on top of that, had a bunch of drama today that just wore me out :(

didn't go to the gym and haven't eaten much so far today...paid bills, did recycling and helped the family do a ton of shopping at Costco....now i'll try to sit down and recover :(

novangel
03-01-2014, 08:49 PM
I Spring cleaned the entire house top to bottom, afterward I went to the gym and ran a 5k and then 1 mile on the elliptical. It was hard to get going today because of TOM but I somehow made it all happen. :tired:

laciemn
03-01-2014, 09:04 PM
Whew! I went pizza crazy today. Not in a major major way, but pretty bad nonetheless. I had 2 slices of pizza, and two pizza wraps, about a serving of doritos and chicken and rice with butter. 600 for the pizza, 500 for pizza wraps, 150 for doritos and the chicken and rice was probably about 400. So about 1650 or so.

Angie
03-01-2014, 09:24 PM
Diana -- Thanks :) I ate a cupcake, but the rest was not so bad...I am calling it 1000 calories in all.

TOM started for me too today, I woke up with a sore lower back, but since we are getting a new puppy next week I had to suck it up and do some cleaning/puppy proofing and after the bridal shower I did some pilates. I'm glad I did both...getting moving did me a lot of good, my lower back is not so tight and I don't feel as bad about the cupcake.

I just found an awesome recipe for pinenut/parmesan crusted chicken that I'm going to make for tomorrow. Yum!

miniapplecocoa
03-01-2014, 09:54 PM
Hi everyone. Thanks for the welcomes. My friend gave me a box of chocolates today. I thanked her kindly and left them at work without opening them. If I would have bought them home it would have been curtains for any dieting/new WOE. LOL! I'm gonna toss them on Tues. Nobody I know needs all that fat and sugar either. Whew!

CoolMom75
03-01-2014, 10:05 PM
A quick check-in before hot tub and jammies. I wasn't feeling too good but made it to the gym.

Breakfast:
Spaghetti squash
Feta
Sauce
Coffee with milk

Linner:
Pot roast with veg
Half of a homemade (baked) chocolate cake donut
Finally ate a chocolate mint candy I got for Valentine's Day. I guess I needed chocolate today!

Total cals 1165

Waterbunny77
03-01-2014, 11:25 PM
Breakfast: Bratwurst on round thin flatbread.
Lunch: Nuts/raisen mix and 2 Special K Protein bars
Dinner: Chicken caesar salad with dressing
;):D

Diana3271
03-01-2014, 11:31 PM

It looks like we are all in sync! TTOM started for me today, too!

Syckgirlsfv Glad you are finally getting some raid. I had heard about the drought from the weather channel.

Alaskanlaughter Feel better soon.

Novangle Good job on having a productive day!

Laciemn Looks like you kept the pizza in moderation. Good job on that.

Angie You handled the bridal shower very well. What kind of puppy are you getting. Does Cameron know yet?

Miniapplecocoa I would not have been able to bring the chocolates home, either.

CoolMom Enjoy the hot tub!

Waterbunny Good job on your day!

Diana3271
03-01-2014, 11:35 PM
Total Approx 1535 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (500 Calories)
Poached salmon 340 Calories
asparagus 80 calories
small apple 80 calories

Dinner 640 Calories
Cabbage/carrots 200 calories
sausage 340 calories
fresh fruit 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 30 w/#1 hand weights
Get Your Body Back Total Body Torch w/8's
Get Your Body Back Stretch & Tone Yoga

Rasagolla
03-02-2014, 02:57 AM
Hello good to see everyone! Just recovering so will hopefully hit the gym tomorrow. It is raining like crazy here. Welcome skettihead03 and Miniapplecocoa. Nice job Novangel!!
Today's calories were over the top probably because of an IHOP visit with the children. Well tomorrow is another day

alaskanlaughter
03-02-2014, 03:00 AM
it's been a rough day physically and emotionally....lots of drama....horrible throat problems that are slowly clearing up....didn't eat very much today either and I can tell i'm dehydrated also....and tonight we got some bad family news :(

Steelslady
03-02-2014, 03:12 AM
Hello, everyone! Figured I would join you all here to keep myself accountable. :D

Today, I had:

2 BLT's loaded with lettuce and tomato
1 pkg 100 calorie count almonds
Chicken Fricasee on 3 pieces of toast
lots of water, couple of cups of coffee with non-dairy creamer

exercise: 1 hour and ten minutes on the recumbent bike- 30 minutes this afternoon before my first meal, and 40 minutes after my second meal

I started a high fiber/protein diet back in February, eating just two meals a day plus a snack some days, if I am hungry. It's been working for me, I feel great, my blood pressure has gone down and they lowered my medicine- the doctors are thrilled with my progress. I've lost 20 pounds since October, most of them in February, though. I will be changing my ticker in a day or two- just want to make sure that I don't go back to the 300's again- I've gone down to 298 as of yesterday morning, hoping this morning when I get up, it either stays the same or goes down. Night night, all! :carrot:

Steelslady
03-02-2014, 03:29 AM
it's been a rough day physically and emotionally....lots of drama....horrible throat problems that are slowly clearing up....didn't eat very much today either and I can tell i'm dehydrated also....and tonight we got some bad family news :(

I'm so sorry about your family news. Sending you strength and a hug to get through this. :hug:

Have you tried a little bit of honey to help soothe your throat? I hope you feel better soon! We had that running through our house a month ago- we were all coughing, sneezing, and complaining of dry and raw throats. I drink apple cider vinegar twice a day in some water with Stevia, and for some reason, I was the first to recover, much faster than everyone else- and that was the only thing I did differently from everyone else. We also took zinc lozenges. Please take good care of yourself, drink lots of water- for me, the colder the better, when my throat hurts.

Diana3271
03-02-2014, 09:00 AM

Last night I added on: Restful and Rejuvenating Sleep from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditations

Calories for yesterday: 1535
Weigh In: 165.4 (TTOM)
Up: .2

I had to get up this morning, but I didn't want to. We are going on a day trip to a festival. I won't get a workout in today. I can already tell that TTOM is making me tired this morning. I hope the coffee kicks in soon. The festival is going to be on the riverfront. We are taking Cody, too. This should be fun. :lol: I don't think I will have any major food temptations. We will eat at a seafood restaurant there. We ate at this place before and it was really good, so I am looking forward to going back. The owner of the restaurant is always there with his dog on the back deck. All the shrimp boats and fishing boats (including the owner of the restaurant boats) are docked there, too. Everything is very fresh.

Alaskanlaughter I'm sorry about the family situation and the stress you are going through. I hope things calm down for you. :hug:

Steelslady Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Have a good one!

novangel
03-02-2014, 10:13 AM

:hug:

I think you should plan for a vacation at some point. You could use it.

laciemn
03-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Aw, alaskan, I hope you feel better. I've had a rough week, as well, though nothing as bad as what you're going through. I got a speeding ticket and my car is doing all kinds of weird stuff so I have to take it to a mechanic.
Diane, hehe, yeah, the two slices wasn't bad, but I wish I hadn't ate two pizza wraps only 4 hours later!

Skettihead03
03-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Weigh in - 316.8!!!! It's higher than my ticker/info, but because I just came back. I actually started at 328 a few days ago, so I am so happy. No turning back now!

Food for today -

B - Skipped :-/ Not on purpose but I work crazy shifts and ended up sleeping until just about 12 pm!
L - Salmon with lemon juice and basil, and olive oil roasted red potatoes (about 3/4 a cup)
S - Low fat banana cream pie pudding
D - I'll be making ground turkey in spaghetti sauce over roasted eggplant (I planned to have this last night but worked late so had something else)

Workout - Will spend about 1 hr out on the punching bag, and then hopefully some indoor exercises with youtube since it's snowing like crazy!

Skettihead03
03-02-2014, 02:47 PM
Alaskan, I hope you feel better and things get a little easier.

Angie
03-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Good morning/afternoon!

Weigh in: 227.2 (-.4)

Breakfast: 1 piece of whole wheat toast, 2 slices turkey bacon, 1/2 orange
Lunch: Beef & vegetable soup, saltines
Dinner: Pinenut & parmesan chicken breast, salad, sauteed mushrooms

Exercise: TBA

Diana I hope you had fun at the festival -- how did Cody do?

NewKate2014
03-02-2014, 05:06 PM
Hey all! Joining you for March!
I'm Kate, from Aberdeen in Scotland, I'm 22 and started my journey January 1st this year :-)
I had a great January and lost 8.4lbs, February was settling into my new routines and I lost 5.8lbs. Aiming for 6lbs this March.
Nice to meet you all!
K

laciemn
03-02-2014, 05:23 PM
Hi NewKate and Angie!

I'm doing good today. Had 1 egg and some romaine lettuce sauteed with green onions, and some turkey sausage and potatoes for breakfast, and a small roll with barbeque for lunch. Probably going to have chicken and rice for dinner, then some yogurt with pineapple later.

alaskanlaughter
03-02-2014, 06:22 PM
I will be away from here for a week....we are flying tomorrow morning to the village to bury my brother in law, who we were very close to, in his hometown....he died unexpectedly last night from pneumonia...he was 49....we will be in the village until sunday

Skettihead03
03-02-2014, 06:44 PM
I will be away from here for a week....we are flying tomorrow morning to the village to bury my brother in law, who we were very close to, in his hometown....he died unexpectedly last night from pneumonia...he was 49....we will be in the village until sunday

So sorry for your loss :hug:

Syckgirlsfv
03-02-2014, 07:51 PM
happy Sunday all! Last night I ended up making some chicken fried chicken breast (Omaha Steaks) with mushroom gravy (cream of mushroom soup and fresh chopped and sauteed mushrooms in it) and fresh asparagus. SO yum! Better than going out to eat, too! And we didn't do cardio because the rain was so crazy and we were both tired.

Just got home from doing cardio today, though...42 minutes on the treadmill. Burned 350 calories. Today I have had so far:
B - peanut butter and 2 slices bacon on sourdough toast (yes, peanut butter and bacon together in a sammich!)
S - small hand full of chopped pecans. Haven't had lunch, but DH is going to BBQ as soon as he comes back from walking to the liquor store. I am going to have 2 shots of vodka...and I haven't had hard liquor in months! I'm going to have him grill me a chicken breast for tomorrow's lunchtime salad and I'll have a burger and steak fries tonight. Asparagus also. Maybe a small amount of the grillin' beans I got for free at the grocery store for DH.

WALKING DEAD TONIGHT!!!!!:carrot::carrot::carrot:

CoolMom75
03-02-2014, 08:37 PM

Way too young :( I'm so sorry for your loss. Safe travels and we'll be here when you get back.

Diana3271
03-02-2014, 08:39 PM

We had fun today. I didn't get back home in enough time to go to the shop to workout. I tried, but it didn't quite work. We secured Cody in the back seat with his new harness. He did pretty well. When we first left, I had to pull over to untangle him. After that he was fine. I think he will enjoy traveling like that better than the crate. I will still have to use the crate when I have to make multiple stops. I don't trust him not to eat the straps and the whole car. :lol:

I think I had a successful day. I kept Cody with me and let DH go on ahead into the festival. The festival was more for him since it was about hunting and outdoors. There were dog events, too. I also didn't want to go into the vendor area of the festival because I didn't trust myself around all of that food. No sense in pushing the envelope since I had that crazy stress binge this week. I kept Cody around the perimeter. I didn't want to stress him too much with a lot of people and dogs. We had contact with people and dogs but he wasn't bombarded all at one time. We had one on one contact. I think it went well.

We then went to the restaurant where we had went before. The last time we were there they grilled my seafood and it was literally some of the best that I have ever had. Today they wouldn't grill it. The festival brought in a lot of people. The waitress said the cooks wouldn't grill food since it took too long, they didn't have much grill space, and frying was quicker. Grilled food isn't even on their menu. So, I ordered fried food but that was my lunch and dinner.

Novangel Hi :wave:

Laciemn Did you get your car back, yet? I hope the repairs aren't to bad.

Skettihead Congrats on your weigh in!

Angie Congrats on the .4! I think Cody did well. He is definitely a handful so it will be baby steps for him. ;) What kind of puppy are you getting.

NewKate Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Alaskanlaughter I'm so sorry about your loss. :hug: Is this the same BIL that checked your car before?

Syckgirlsfv Enjoy your show tonight. I'm getting ready for The Amazing Race!

Coolmom :wave:

Diana3271
03-02-2014, 08:44 PM
Total Approx 1455 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch/Dinner 1060 Calories
Condiment sized container of vinegar based coleslaw 50 calories
Black beans and rice 200 calories
2 fried grouper fingers (slices of grouper) 200 calories
4 fried shrimp 160 calories
4 fried oysters 100 calories
2 fried scallops 100 calories
shared a slice of cake with DH 250 calories

Exercise
NONE

CoolMom75
03-02-2014, 08:47 PM
Welcome to all the recent joiners!

I've made some baby steps to a healthier work day. Instead of powering through without food or water to the point of feeling like crap when I get home, I have taken water and a pear with me. I only work a couple days a week so the rest of my week is great.

Breakfast:
Egg on toast
Spaghetti squash
Coffee with milk

Lunch:
Pear

1st dinner (lol!):
Spaghetti squash (sauce, feta, basil)
Bit of pot roast leftovers

Total cals so far is 948. I'll have something later to finish out somewhere under 1400.

alaskanlaughter
03-02-2014, 08:57 PM
Diana no this is the other BIL who used to live here with us years ago and then moved north a little ways

it's been a crazy day....I've had a cup of coffee and a piece of pizza today....we fly up tomorrow morning and I will have no internet access except for on my phone....i'm taking my running gear, DH says running on the beach is fun and we will be there for 6 days....I've never been gone from work for 6 days besides maternity leave *eep!*

mars735
03-02-2014, 09:00 PM

So sorry to hear it Alaskan. :hug:

Larry H
03-02-2014, 09:54 PM
I have been Preparing my miniature truck for a Strawberry Festival Parade tomorrow.

Eating was on plan today and mostly on the Volumetric plan for 1,323 calories. My goal is 1,700

Breakfast
All White - 100 Percent Egg Whites - Egg Whites, 12 tbsp
Eggs - Large, Fresh, 1 egg
Borden - Fat Free American Cheese Slice, 1 slice
Bell Pepper - Green - Raw, 50 g

Lunch
Apple - Granny Smith - Large (3-1/4")
Naval Orange, Medium , 1 orange

Dinner
Betty Crocker - Suddenly Pasta Salad - Classic, 1 1/2 cup prepared
Walmart - Med Cooked, Deveined, Tail-on 41-60 Ct, Shrimp, 6 oz
Del Monte - Canned Stewed Tomatoes - No Salt Added, 1 3/4 cup
Winn Dixie - Cut Green Beans - No Salt Added, 1 3/4 cup
Giorgio - Pieces and Stems Mushrooms- No Salt Added, 1 cup

Waterbunny77
03-02-2014, 10:17 PM
Breakfast: 1 slice toast w/ tsp jelly
Mid morn snack: peanut butter/raisens on small round flatbread

Lunch: 3 scrambled eggs
Snack: 2 Special K protein bars

Dinner: Caesar salad
Handful of Tostitos

Snack: Apple

Should add up to about 1350 calories total.
:D

kelijpa
03-03-2014, 06:50 AM
Good morning all,

Alaskan so sorry for your loss.

Weekend flew by, between TOM and cold temps, ready for a warm up, we're supposed to start getting warmer Thursday, yippee...

Finally took a day off from exercise yesterday, felt a little guilty, back OP today.
B- oats, unsweet van almond milk, 1 poached egg
L- spring mix, sprouts, 5 bean salad, 1tbs Italian, 1 tbs balsamic, smoked oysters
D- tuna steak, veg
S- orange, banana
E- walk at work, exercise bike

Hope everyone has a great day :sunny:

Diana3271
03-03-2014, 08:40 AM

TTOM was kicking my butt last night and I didn't sleep well. :tired:

Last night I added on: Twist and Stretch http://www.doyogawithme.com/content/twist-and-stretch

Calories for yesterday: 1455 + :coffee:
No Change

Have a great Monday!

miniapplecocoa
03-03-2014, 09:29 AM
Good Morning everyone.
Alaskan I am so sorry for your loss. Life is so fleeting! Hope your trip is safe and comfortable.

I exercised on my Wii fit for 30 minutes. Get this... riding that silly bike program. I must have ran into the buildings 40 times. I would be in the hospital if I were on a real bike.

I ate "on my plan" but still not enough calories. So, I'm gonna switch up and add in the rest of the real food this week. A starch and a fruit. The packages from Wonderslim/Medifast just don't add up well enough for me. With my calories being under 900/d for most of last week, and (sodium out of control)I'm afraid I'm hurting myself more than helping.
Have the best day you'all are able too!

miniapplecocoa
03-03-2014, 09:36 AM
Can I just add one more thing? I am so impressed with everyone's weight loss and commitment on this thread. M.O.T.I.V.A.T.I.O.N. and soooo very inspiring. Thank you.

kelijpa
03-03-2014, 10:14 AM
Larry your truck is so cute! Glad you posted a pic , I had a different idea of mini truck! :)

Steelslady
03-03-2014, 12:26 PM
Good morning, everyone- it is FREEZING in New Hampshire! Ugh, this has to be the longest winter ever.

Thank you for all the warm welcomes- much appreciated. :D

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday's menu. I am not counting calories, just eating high fiber and protein foods, so I have no idea of my calorie counts, sorry.

Anyhow, here was yesterday's menu:

Breakfast/Lunch:
2 High Fiber English Muffins
2 Fried Eggs
2 slices low sodium bacon
A few sprays of ICBINB (I Can't Believe it's not Butter) on my muffins
2 tablespoons of Polaner Sugar Free Seedless Blackberry Preserves- picked this up by mistake- bought regular Strawberry last night, as I don't do sugar free additives except for Stevia. Tossing the Blackberry, tasted really blah anyway.

Dinner-

Huge Salad- lots of lettuce, 2 oz brick cheddar cheese in bite sized pieces, red delicious apple, dried cranberries, olives, red pepper, cucumbers, croutons, with Fat Free Catalina Dressing
2 beef hot dogs
2 rolls, grilled with ICBINBS
serving of Kashi Chili Lime Black Bean Crisps- tried this for the first time last night- I prefer the Southwest BBQ flavor. I'll finish this bag off but won't buy it again. thank goodness I picked up a few of the BBQ kind- those are yummy and take care of my chip craving. ;)

Beverages- a couple of cups of coffee with cream only, lots and lots of water!

Exercise- 1 hour on the recumbent bike, 1 hour of swimming

This morning, I woke up thinking I would gain anywhere from 2-4 pounds because my muscles were sore from the intense workout they got yesterday at the pool. I was shocked, as I lost four ounces instead- wow. Not used to surprises like this- I know it's not a lot of weight, but I am used to the scale going the other way, lol!

Have a great day, all!

Steelslady
03-03-2014, 12:44 PM
Diana no this is the other BIL who used to live here with us years ago and then moved north a little ways

it's been a crazy day....I've had a cup of coffee and a piece of pizza today....we fly up tomorrow morning and I will have no internet access except for on my phone....i'm taking my running gear, DH says running on the beach is fun and we will be there for 6 days....I've never been gone from work for 6 days besides maternity leave *eep!*

I'm so sorry for your loss. He was way too young. :( Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers- strength to you to get through this hard time. :hug:

I hope you can enjoy your time running on the beach. I hope you are feeling better, too- you have had a rough week. See you when you get back, will be thinking of you.

Syckgirlsfv
03-03-2014, 12:57 PM
real quick...

so from last night's grilling on the bbq, I had a bacon wrapped filet mignon. SO GOOD! also had a few steak fries, a very small amount of the bbq beans (not a huge fan of them, too sweet for me.), and half of a burger patty. Had the shots of vodka and while I enjoyed them, I won't be doing that again for quite some time. Had a little headache this morning. Oh well.

B - nuked oats/egg whites/lite jarlsberg
L - salad: romaine, grilled chicken breast, kidney beans, BHF blue cheese dressing
D - not sure, something quick as I have to go to campus and do the last portion of my accounting project. Maybe salmon patty and asparagus.

will do push ups at home later tonight with the push up bars. :kickbutt:

NewKate2014
03-03-2014, 01:20 PM
Evening all,
Having a great day and off to the cinema with my bf tonight to see the new Liam Neeson thriller.

B choc weetabix and milk
L Lentil soup with cucumber and pepper sticks
S Melon, grape and blueberry pot
D Fishcakes, butternut squash and sugarsnap peas.

Cals: 1051 for the day

Angie
03-03-2014, 01:30 PM
Good morning all :)

Weigh in: 236.0 (-1.2)

Breakfast: 1 slice whole wheat toast, 2 slices turkey bacon, coffee
Lunch: Chicken breast, salad, dressing
Dinner: 2 meatballs, 1 cup pasta, tomato sauce
Snack: Saltines & peanut butter

Exercise: Nada

Skettihead03
03-03-2014, 02:04 PM
Hey everyone!

Weigh in: 314.0 (-2.8!)

B - 1/2 cup steel cut oats sweetened with rice milk, 1/2 wheat bagel with light honey nut cream cheese
L - Probably not having
S - 100 calorie light blueberry yogurt
D - Salmon and broccoli
S - Plum or Banana

Exercise - Probably none
(Reason for no lunch/exercise is I'm on night shift tonight 6pm-6am and I'm about to go to sleep, if I can fit it in before work I will)

CoolMom75
03-03-2014, 04:51 PM
A wonderful day so far! The weather is warming up. My gym workout was fantastic. Who knew weight lifting could be so fun?

My monthly weight and measurements show a 2.4 pound loss and no change to inches. March will be my first full month working out so I'm hoping April's stats will be better.

Breakfast:
Egg and spaghetti squash on toast
Coffee with milk

Lunch:
Pear

Dinner:
Burrito-fajita style with a ww tortilla and sautéed veg, beef and beans.

everything went as planned and ended right at 1200 cals.

laciemn
03-03-2014, 06:45 PM
miniapple, we are quite brilliant, aren't we? And now you're one of us!

I've been sticking with working out and feeling really good about it. I've definitely improved physically.

Today, I had one egg scrambled with lettuce again, along with leftover chicken and rice. Thankfully, the chicken and rice is done and I don't have to eat that anymore. Later, I had fries, and then for lunch I had chicken salad. I'm going to make a broccoli and cheese omelette tonight!

Edit : Oh and the fries were not deep fried, I only used a couple teaspoons of oil!

novangel
03-03-2014, 09:50 PM
:wave:

I'm still around but no exercise today. TOM is bad, last night I went to bed with a heating pad. Good times. I'll get exercise in tomorrow night.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Diana3271
03-03-2014, 10:06 PM

CoolMom Good job on the baby steps and 2.4 pounds! :carrot:

Alaskanlaughter I hope your trip goes well. Again, I am sorry about your loss.

Mars Hi and welcome to the check-in. :welcome2:

Larry Thank you for sharing the picture of the mini truck. It is great! I hope the parade went well.

Waterbunny Hi :wave: Good job on your day.

Kelijpa The last 2 days we had temps at 75*, tomorrow will be no more than 45*. That will be a shock to the system. I hope it warms up in your area.

Miniapplecocoa Good job on the exercise! And no injuries! :D

Steelslady Congrats on your weigh in! :carrot:

Syckgirlsfv Did you get those push ups done? :kickbutt:

NewKate Enjoy the movie.

Angie Good job on the 1.2 pounds! :carrot:

Skettihead Congrats on the 2.8 pounds! :carrot:

Laciemn It sounds like your hard work is paying off! Keep up the great work.

Novangel I was miserable last night, too. Today I had to start with the Advil. I don't want another night like that. I hope you feel better quickly.

Diana3271
03-03-2014, 10:08 PM
Total Approx 1370 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Raw Sugar Snap Peas 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled Salmon 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
Get Your Body Back 60 Second Slim-Down
Core Strength
TF Fire 45 EZ

thekiwi
03-03-2014, 11:48 PM
Hi folks! I'm a long time lurker and I'm hoping that with some support and accountability I'm going to have some success this time around. I like the idea of doing a daily although sometimes my food choices are random.

Today:
Breakfast: Smoothie with protein powder, almond milk, frozen strawberries and blueberries, spinach and flax seed

Lunch: Greek yogurt and berries with some almonds, tuna with salad (cucumber, red pepper, celery, red onion), baby carrots and celery sticks

Snacks: Apple, Plum,

Dinner: (this was really late, I had a long work day and then went to the gym !! and so I didn't feel like cooking) Greek yogurt and berries, some dark chocolate.

Workout: 25 minute elliptical, 45 minutes or so of weights (I even braved the squat rack/weight room where all the boys are, and squatted in all my chubby glory.. have to start somewhere!)

Waterbunny77
03-04-2014, 01:49 AM
Hi everyone!

B: 1 slice dry toast, banana, peanut butter/raisen on sm flatbread.
L: 3 chicken strips, handful of Tostitos
D. Caesar salad with dressing
S. sm. apple

kelijpa
03-04-2014, 07:05 AM
Good morning all!

Diana zero degrees this morning, supposed to warm up now, 40s would be awesome! :lol:

DH made a nice supper last night, I ate a bit too much and thanks to TOM I didn't really feel like exercising, got in some cardio but not my exercises, so need to get cracking on them tonight. Up 1.0 to 159.1, not unexpected, but I don't like it nonetheless. A little lower than usual on my water as well.

B- oats, almond milk, 1 poached egg
L- power greens, sprouts, smoked oysters, Italian, balsamic
D-? Salad maybe
S- 2oranges, banana
E- walk at work, exercise bike

Hope everyone has a wonderful day :sunny:

Diana3271
03-04-2014, 08:26 AM

thekiwi Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

I think TTOM is worse than normal. :tired: I am a bloated, swollen, miserable mess, too. :tantrum:

Last night I added on:
Tamilee Webb Total Body Stretch for Beginners (standing)
Short Rest from AM/PM Yoga for Beginners

Calories for yesterday: 1370 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 166 (TTOM)
Up: .6

Have a good one!

Larry H
03-04-2014, 12:19 PM
I had a great time at the Plant City, Fl Strawberry Festival Parade yesterday. I love the look on the kids faces. After the parade DW and I stopped at a restaurant for lunch and we almost could not leave. I had crowds of people around my little semi truck taking pictures and asking countless questions. That was also a great time and added to a great day.Next Saturday we have another parade to do. We have five scheduled us to participate in for this March. :D:D

Yesterday, was a good Volumetrics eating plan day for me.
Only 866 calories for the day but I was Very content and very full.
My dinner was a huge 6 1/2 cups of food with only 360 calories. :D

Breakfast
Skipped due to Parade

Lunch
Julienne Salad (Egg, Turkey, Ham, Cheese) No dressing, 2 cup

Dinner
Pregresso Light - Chicken & Cheese Enchilada Soup, 2 cup
Giorgio - Pieces and Stems Mushrooms- No Salt Added, 1 cup
Great Value - Cut Green Beans (No Salt Added), 3 1/2 Cup
Jalapeno pepper, Large diced

Snacks
Chunk Pineapple In Pineapple Juice, 2 1/4 cup
Granny Smith - Green Apple, Large

Angie
03-04-2014, 01:22 PM
Weigh in: 235.6 (-.4)

Breakfast: 1 pancake with syrup
Snack: Celery with 2 wedges laughing cow light
Lunch: Beef Veg soup with saltines
Dinner: Prime rib, broccoli slaw, steamed cauliflower & broccoli

Exercise: Not sure, I feel like poop.

Skettihead - Congrats on your -2.8 yesterday...must feel great!

Coolmom75 - If you're down 2.4 on the 3rd day of the month, I think that's pretty awesome, congratulations!

laceiemn -- Good job on your workouts -- I struggle to commit to getting daily exercise, so I always admire that in others!

Diana & Novangel -- I have TOM too, it keeps coming back and it sucks, that's all. ;)

Thekiwi - I liked your dinner...the whole thing sounded yummy, but dark chocolate for dinner sounds awesome!

Hope everyone has a great day!

Syckgirlsfv
03-04-2014, 01:44 PM
morning! is it really only TUESDAY?!?!? :dz: I'm sleepy.
Diana I didn't end up getting to do the push ups, which sucks. I had to go to campus last night and work on this accounting project on Quickbooks, and I ended up stuck there until 9 pm. I am frustrated! I did everything just the way the directions said and I think my financial reports are off by 400 bucks or so. I've got an email in to the TA. ARGH! :mad:

Anyway, class tonight. So no exercise again. *sigh* at least I got that long cardio session on Sunday.

B - brown rice/egg whites/green salsa/jarlsberg lite
L - low carb wrap/deli ham/lite swiss/baby spinach
S - 2 tagalong GS cookies (somebody dared to buy some boxes and put them out at work!!
D - I'm thinking turkey patty, asparagus, steak fries. (gotta make it quick before school!)

CoolMom75
03-04-2014, 01:56 PM
Coolmom75 - If you're down 2.4 on the 3rd day of the month, I think that's pretty awesome, congratulations!

!

Angie, that is a months worth of weight loss. Wah! I measure myself every month on the 3rd, probably just when i started and I've kept it there. Turtling along...

CoolMom75
03-04-2014, 01:59 PM
Daily weighing has got me feeling down today. Too many carbs, I suspect.

Breakfast:

Instead of my usual egg on toast I had egg on plate, with bell pepper, ground beef and feta.
Homemade blended coffee

Lunch:
Planning on "burritos" except converted to lettuce wraps.

laciemn
03-04-2014, 06:07 PM
Coolmom, hang in there!
I'm up today as well 0.5 to 155.5. Feeling anxious.

Today I've had:
Breakfast : Small potato, 1 turkey sausage, green peppers.
Snack : A big bowl of yogurt and fruit.
Lunch: 1 slice of french baguette, salad with boiled egg and olive oil/herb dressing.
Dinner: Going to have salmon and a fried egg with okra, probably around 7:30 or so.

Skettihead03
03-04-2014, 08:54 PM
Hey everyone! My sleep schedule is kind of opposite since I'm on night shift which is why I'm posting so late.

Weigh in - 312.8 (-1.2)
B - 2 eggs, 1 wheat toast, 1/2 Grapefruit
L - Romaine salad with rice, beans, hard boiled eggs, green peppers, onions, no dressing
D - Mixed vegetables
S - Plum, Plain yogurt with carrots

No exercise today but will tomorrow AM when I'm home before I sleep.

thekiwi
03-04-2014, 09:58 PM
Ugh, I had a bad day today. I didn't really want to talk about it here, but here I go.

Breakfast: Smoothie with protein powder, frozen strawberries and blueberries, almond milk, a bit of greek yogurt, flax seeds and spinach.. (split into two smoothies) - about 350 cals; Some orange spiced dark chocolate (I know, chocolate in the morning? terrible).

Lunch: Tuna with veggies (bell pepper, cucumber, celery); blueberries and blackberries with walnuts

Snacks: a few baby carrots, a plum, an apple

Mid afternoon: one and a half pieces of banana bread that someone brought to work (I think this is what derailed me..) then a client gave me a fresh homemade cinnamon bun, and then I went to buy ingredients for a birthday cake I'm making and for some reason impulsively got yogurt raisins even though they always make me feel sick... so I ate those. And now I feel terrible. I did have a bad day though, I found out I did terribly on an exam and have been very stressed out and didn't get a chance to work out. GAH.

So there it all is. But, tomorrow is another day. I think I really need to be careful if I'm at all upset to not stray from what I've planned to eat. When I am not upset I can usually control it, but if I'm at all feeling stressed I just can't.. I bought myself a new scale, which I'm excited to see show a smaller number.

kelijpa
03-04-2014, 09:59 PM
Feel pretty good about how the day went, got back on my exercise program, I'm in the last 4 weeks of a 12 week program and would hate to crap out now, so happy to be back on track.

DH made tuna steaks for dinner and cream of mushroom green beans we had in the freezer from the garden, so now I just need to get in 16 more oz. of water and will feel like I had an OP day.

Good night all!

:wave: Ian wherever you are :sunny:

Diana3271
03-04-2014, 10:36 PM

Kelijpa Ugh! on the zero degrees! We were suppose to get in the 40's but only stayed in the 30's. This weekend we will be back in the 70's again. Everyone will probably be sick from all the changes. I think I noticed some pollen dusting around too. Good job on the on plan day.

Waterbunny Hi :wave:

Larry Did you put all the extra veggies in the soup or did you eat them separate?

Angie Keep up the great work!

Syckgirlsfv I we need another weekend, :lol: like now! :D

Coolmom Daily weighing can be tough. Maybe once a week or once a month will work better for you. Don't let it get you down.

Laciemn Good job on your day.

Skettihead Great job on the 1.2 pounds.

Thekiwi Tomorrow is a new day. Hang in there.

Diana3271
03-04-2014, 10:39 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 calories)
Grilled chicken 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
New exercise rotation/program is killing me!
Get Your Body Back Pyramid Power w/5's
GYBB Firm & Fab Abs
GYBB Stretch & Tone Yoga
TJ Punch, Kick & Jam (cardio section)

Steelslady
03-05-2014, 01:14 AM
Steelslady Congrats on your weigh in! :carrot:

You are just the sweetest. :hug: Thank you so much for the nice comment, you really know how to make others feel welcome in here. Have a wonderful day!

Steelslady
03-05-2014, 01:47 AM
I woke up to a one pound gain, but I suspect it had to do with me eating a very very late dinner last night- I didn't finish my dinner until 1:00 am. :o Of course, had I waited a half of an hour, I probably wouldn't have gained a pound, if you know what I mean. ;) Ah, such is luck!

I know I will gain about 4-5 pounds tomorrow of water weight for two reasons- one, I worked very hard in the pool tonight for over two hours, and my muscles are sore right now, but it feels good! Two- I made Chinese Chicken and Broccoli tonight for the first time- it is my daughter's best friend's favorite dish, so I found a recipe and decided to try it so I could make it for her when she come over the next time to sleep over. Doesn't it figure, my daughter tells me tonight that she's coming over tomorrow night to sleep over- thank goodness, there were some left overs- she'll enjoy every bite of it, I am sure- it really was delicious- the entire family loved it! Hard to please six people at once, lol. I made it up before we went swimming- made rice for hubby, sister, and kids, and then came home and made my high fiber pasta and a small can of Leseur peas, rinsed of excess sodium, to go with it. So good! However, Chinese food always puts on a couple of pounds of water weight on me. I usually lose it in a day or two, but because I am sodium sensitive, anything with a lot of salt in it puts water weight on me instantly. At least I know this and don't get discouraged when it happens.

Anyhow, here's my menu for today:

Breakfast/Lunch-

grilled cheese and tomato sandwich with light mayo on high fiber bread- 7 grams
popcorn- 2 grams
lotsa water!!!!!

Dinner-

Chinese Chicken and Broccoli- 4 grams
High Fiber pasta- 10 grams
1 small can LeSeur baby peas- 6 grams
1 cup Greek yogurt with 4 tbsp. of Polaner Strawberry preserves- 12 grams

39 grams of Fiber for the day. Very low for me, but just didn't have time to eat much today- not a bad thing, but I usually have a good salad and a few other fiber goodies throughout the day. Oh, well, guess I saved some calories. :D

Have a great night, everyone!

miniapplecocoa
03-05-2014, 01:49 AM
Aw man, I feel like I missed the party over here today.

I ate a full menu today. But still low on calories. After spending hours researching on boards about "starvation mode" I have decided to just eat the appropriate number of meals for the day and not worry about calories so much. I still have lots of fat to use for fuel.

Today I had all six meals.

I also had a weigh in. Tues are my official day. I weigh at the Vet office I work next to.

218.4 Still the weight of an Irish Wolf Hound I think!

I exercised to two videos but stopped in the middle of the 2nd one from laughter. Jillian's 30day shred hilarious for me. I was pooped after the warm up. LOL! I also vigorously walked the dogs twice today.

Have the most awesome day that you are able to!

NewKate2014
03-05-2014, 02:51 AM
Weighed in this morning to a new low of 178.0 :-)

Waterbunny77
03-05-2014, 03:51 AM
B: Nuts/raisens mix
S: Handful of Tostitos
L: Turkey sandwich on wheat thins bread with tomato. Special K protein bar
S: yogurt with peanuts mixed in
D: chili potato (half cup chili and 1 small potato) Banana

Diana3271
03-05-2014, 08:09 AM

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

No Change in the scale from the TTOM bloat but I did sleep better last night. At least I feel somewhat better this morning when I woke.

Weigh In: 162 (TTOM)
No Change

Have a great day!

Radiojane
03-05-2014, 12:09 PM
I'm up about four pounds in residual TOM/travel water. I've been off plan for quite a while.

Today I am fasting until 6pm. Dinner will be chicken breast and Brussel sprouts.
30 Minute Swim as well as dog walk this evening.

Have a great day!

shr1nk1ngme
03-05-2014, 12:26 PM
May I join you?

I weigh every second or third day, sometimes every day, depending on my diet from day to day. I only weigh after days I have eaten less, hehehe.

Just got back from a weekend retreat where I ate on plan, walked miles and miles, and soaked in hot springs, but gained weight anyway. But I ate on plan the past two days and yesterday was a Down Day, so I weighed in this morning.

2/28: 145.8
3/3:147 - http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/images/smilies/frown_2011.gif
3/5: 146.0 (almost back to pre-retreat weight)

-----------
My goal for March is to lose eight pounds and to exercise four days a week. I am also working on a squat challenge and couch 2 5k.
http://sfgm.lilyslim.com/1t6Km8.png

Munchy
03-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Yesterday I didn't get home until almost 8, so in my hunger, I munched on some baked kettle chips while at Target. I probably didn't get to eat until almost 9 after cooking, cleaning, homework for the little one, and packing lunches for today. We really can't be out that late - it was an overzealous errand run after our long days at work and school.

March 4, 2014
B: Hot tea w/lemon and agave (30), 1 cup roasted red pepper soup (92) = 122
S: None = 0
L: 1 cup chicken enchilada soup (149) = 149
S: Baby carrots/cherry tomato (50) w/ light ranch (80) = 130
D: corn tortilla quesadilla (80), turkey taco meat (128), ½ cup 2% cheese (160) 2T light sour cream (40), salsa (10), mushroom, spinach, jalapeno, cilantro (35) = 453
S: Baked kettle chips (130), frozen banana chocolate slices (80) = 210
TOTAL: 1064

Today, I'm making a vegetable cornmeal casserole, but I'm thinking of asking the boyfriend to bake some chicken wings too. The casserole is only 216 calories a serving and I'd end up being in the 600 calorie range - that's no good! I could use a little bit of chicken wing in my life today :)

Larry H
03-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Larry Did you put all the extra veggies in the soup or did you eat them separate?

Diana - All the veggies went into the soup and then into a casserole for microwaving. The soup broth flavors the veggies and they in turn add body and texture to the soup. It is a win win situation and the finished product is almost like a stew.

sherma
03-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Just getting started. It is inspiring to see all the success. Yesterday I ate 1/2 protein shake, 1/8 cup cashews, chopped salad (veggies, feta, salmon) for lunch, luna protein bar for snack, banana, veggie chili and asparagus for dinner. Trying to remember to drink a lot of water which is also not my usual habit. Happy to have found this forum. Thanks.

alaskanlaughter
03-05-2014, 04:04 PM
we are home in the village now....it's good to be home....I only have internet at our hotel room....eating has been little and sporadic because I am busy, stressed and sad...not to mention a bunch of drama :( I went for a few nice long walks on the road next to the ocean, beautiful and peaceful....I need more of those in my life :) I wish it was easier to live here....financially, emotionally and logistically...without all the small town drama and drawbacks because I love it here....I intended to do some running outside but it's snowing and cold so the roads aren't in good enough condition to run on

Skettihead03
03-05-2014, 05:38 PM
Hi everyone!!

Sherma - Welcome! I share the non-habit of water! For some reason unless I'm exercising I don't find myself ever being thirsty. So I have to force myself/remind myself to drink. But we'll get there :)

Alaskanlaughter - I'm sorry things have been dramatic for you being back home. I can totally understand the eating situation, you're only human. Once you're back home you can get it right back together! Skipping running was definitely smart. You wouldn't want to hurt yourself and then have to skip a lot more running!

Okay so here's my stats for today
Weigh in 312.6 (-0.2)

B - Nothing yet!! (This night shift stuff really has me screwed up)
L/D - Wheat flat bread veggie sandwich (Green peppers, cucumbers, spinach, tomatoes, onions, cheese)
S - Plain yogurt with carrots and walnuts

I will definitely have a much better eating plan tomorrow. I know it's not healthy to skip so many meals but it's very difficult working 12 hours overnight, getting sleep during the day, and then waking up and trying to fit in 3 meals like I would normally. And I'm trying to go to sleep at normal time tonight to get back to an AM - PM routine.

Syckgirlsfv
03-05-2014, 06:12 PM
got a late start to posting today...been busy at work getting statements ready to go out.

I have to go BACK to campus tonight to work on that damn project for accounting...I was right in that my financial reports are off by $420. I think I know where to find it though - I saw that amount in the rental equipment account so I'll see if I can journal entry it away. Waiting for the TA to respond is **** :devil: She only responds to email during a 2 hour time frame each day! ARGH!!!! Gotta get it done tonight cause it's due tomorrow.

TODAY:
B - Santa Fe instant re-fried beans/egg whites/green salsa
S - mini babybel light
L - 2 slices leftover Papa John's Hawaiian Pizza
D - will fix a turkey patty, steak fries, asparagus

no exercise AGAIN because I have to run off to school for the 3rd night in a row GRRRRRR :tantrum::tantrum: I had to work on it Monday, last night I had class, gotta go finish it up tonight, tomorrow night I have class, and saturday is the 3rd and final CIS midterm. *sigh* :bomb:

Angie
03-05-2014, 07:03 PM
Happy hump day!

Weigh in: 235.6 (no change)

Breakfast: 1 slice toast, 2 slices turkey bacon, coffee with cream
Lunch: Eggplant Parmesan, spinach salad
Dinner: Leftovers -- roast beef, brown rice

Calories: 1378
Exercise: tba

CoolMom75
03-05-2014, 07:17 PM
The kids and I went on an impromptu cabin camping trip. It was one night and with very little prep. We ate at a Mexican restaurant, bought late night snacks and Mcdonalds for breakfast. It was not pretty. :P

Some hiking was done and I got my gym workout in today. Back to business as usual!

kelijpa
03-05-2014, 08:50 PM
coolmom that's great you can go camping! Camping here now, way, way too cold...and I love camping...we're going to camp in NC in April, can't wait, also music festival, eating will be off for sure those days...lol

Alaskan good to see you back, it's always good to be home, sounds beautiful...was thinking of you when I heard the Iditarod was having issues because it's been warmer than normal up there, they should have it down here...:lol:

Larry that sounds wonderful :)

Munchy your food sounds so awesome, yum

miniapplecocoa thanks for the smile, weighing in at the vets office :)

Had a good day today, hope everyone has a great day :sunny:

Diana3271
03-05-2014, 10:05 PM

Steelslady Daily fluctuations happen, sodium, lack of sleep, eating too late, even intense workouts. No worries, it will regulate. Keep working it.

Miniapplecocoa LOL at laughing at Jillian. It's better than crying. ;)

NewKate Congrats on the new low! :carrot:

Waterbunny A chili potato sounds delish! Good job on your day.

Radiojane It's good to see you.

Shr1nk1ngme The retreat sounds great!

Munchy Did you get the chicken wings? :D

Larry I might have to trying the extra veggies in the soup sometime. Sounds good.

Sherma Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Alaskanlaughter Sending good thoughts your way. :hug:

Skettihead Good job on the .2. Would a protein/nutrition bar help? It would be easy, nothing extra to prepare.

Syckgirlsfv Good luck with your accounting project.

Angie Happy Hump Day to you too! I am so ready for the weekend! :D

CoolMom The camping trip sounds fun.

Kelijpa How is your DH doing with his weight loss?

Diana3271
03-05-2014, 10:11 PM
Total Approx 1420 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (650 Calories)
Salmon Kabob dinner, included salmon, Greek salad no dressing, roasted veggies 650 Calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 60

Angie
03-05-2014, 10:14 PM
Diana - Me too...the weekend can't get here quickly enough. Only two more sleeps until we get our new puppy!

I had some big cravings tonight, and I was already maxed out on calories, but I managed to curb it with an apple and some greek yogurt for dipping. It puts me over on calories, but could have been so much worse, so I'm calling it a victory.

Diana3271
03-05-2014, 10:23 PM
Angie Good job on dealing with the cravings. What kind of puppy are you getting?

miniapplecocoa
03-05-2014, 10:45 PM
Hello to the new peeps and Hey to everyone else too.

Oh, I've given up on trying to get the extra calories in.

So far today, I had 5 meals and I splurged and ate twice my vegetables and had extra fat. Now, I'm not hungry again. I have one more meal to go.

I walked on my raggedy manual treadmill holding on to the wall for 10 minutes today. The original front bar to hold on to is gone. That is really a work out. its like doing a push up and walking at the same time. I had to stop after about 10 minutes going slowly! My arms hurt so bad, I didn't even remember to feel my legs. LOL!

I'll also walk the dogs about 4 blocks again in a few minutes.

Angie what kind of puppy are you getting? I'm a dog groomer. And another crazy dog lady. There are legions of us in the world ya know!

Diana: thank you for this thread. Its so fun to check in here daily!

Good night everyone.

IanG
03-06-2014, 05:37 AM
I am almost back. I am at Frankfurt airport again waiting for my flight home.

I had a fantastic time in Thailand and Myanmar. I did not weigh daily but my weight was doing OK the last time I checked. So I'll get back on tomorrow and report here.

I ate very well and a lot. The most amazing seafood. I exercised a lot, both in gyms and running outside.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Here is a selfie of me running around Lake Kandawgyi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kandawgyi_Lake)in Yangon. The Karaweik can be seen in the background.

I bought quite a lot of canned seafood while away to bring back. Fried catfish in chilli, seasoned cockles and baby squid. Yum.

Diana3271
03-06-2014, 08:09 AM

Last night I added on: Element's PM Yoga for Beginners

Weigh In: 165.2 (TTOM)
Down: .8

Have a great day!

Skettihead03
03-06-2014, 09:21 AM
Good morning everyone!

I finally went to bed last night at a normal time (go figure I wake up at 4 am and have been up ever since) but plan to have a full, 3 planned meals day and get my exercise in.

Diana - I will definitely consider the protein bars for when I am on night shift, I know I should eat more. Good job on the -.8!!! :cheer2:

So here's whats going on with me for today

Weigh in : 311.4 (-1.2)

B - 2 eggs & 1 white scrambled with peppers, onions, carrots and spinach
L - Sauteed veggies & brown rice in wheat tortilla
D - Probably need to eat out, so planning on having a salad as most places have this option
S - Plain yogurt with walnuts & raisins, 1 plum

Exercise - 30 minutes yoga, 30 min punching bag, 1 hour walking mod pace

I've been on a no-meat cleanse for the past few days and I am already starting to feel amazing. I have a lot more energy than you'd think. I feel hungry less, and my cravings for sugar are going away quickly. :D

Munchy
03-06-2014, 10:56 AM
Munchy Did you get the chicken wings? :D

I wish! I left work a little later than expected, picked up the little one who just HAD to accompany me to Trader Joe's, then we had to pick up the girl scout cookies that she sold. We got home after 6, and the casserole would be ready for 7ish, so I did a quick meal instead. My daughter is only 6 and has an 8pm bedtime so that's a late dinner for her.

I bought a ready made polenta with spinach and carrots from Trader Joe's and pan seared some tilapia. 300 calories total. I had two salted dark chocolate caramel squares too, so my total for yesterday was 801 - on the low side.

Tonight is boyfriend's choice. Thursday nights we have dance class and girl scouts, so we don't get home until 7:15. I make her something while I walk her through homework and pack lunches while she eats. I'll have around 500 calories to spare for our adult dinner, so it doesn't matter what he makes. I have some turkey veggie burgers that I made a few weeks ago in the freezer, so maybe he'll pull those out, but he usually goes for rice or brown rice pasta and plenty of veggies for me.

Chicken wings will happen soon! ;)

Radiojane
03-06-2014, 11:37 AM
Supper actually turned out to be Salmon pinwheels and brussel sprouts, and I did indulge in mini blizzard with my bf, which pushes yesterdays total calories to 1900.

Exercise: 30 minute swim & 20 minute walk/fetch session with the dog.

Got my 30 minute swim in already this morning, supposed to lunch with a friend, but she may have to cancel, in which case I'll just fast again until dinner. Hoping to see some scale improvement tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone.

CoolMom75
03-06-2014, 12:44 PM
coolmom that's great you can go camping! Camping here now, way, way too cold...and I love camping...we're going to camp in NC in April, can't wait, also music festival, eating will be off for sure those days...lol

Kelujpa, the cabins have heaters! It has warmed up nicely but the rain proved to be too much for the hiking I wanted to do. One nice thing about campground camping this time of year, middle of the week, is we have the entire park to ourselves.

CoolMom75
03-06-2014, 12:49 PM
I entered in all the food I ate, while on our adventure, into Lose It and my weekly graph is flipping me the bird with that high calorie day. Ha! 3346 cals on Tuesday, 1214 yesterday. I weighed in and am up 3-4 pounds from my most recent low.

Last night I roasted all the veg. Back on plan!

Breakfast:
Egg with feta
Roasted beets and potato
Coffee with milk

Lunch:
Sautéed kale and cabbage
Roasted beets
Blob of cottage cheese

Dinner:
Farçou
Applesauce
Sautéed cabbage

Total cals 1131

Steelslady
03-06-2014, 01:53 PM
Hello everyone! I hope everyone is having a great day! Still cold, but at least sunny today in New Hampshire!

Here is yesterday's menu:

Breakfast- 1 100 calorie pack of smoked almonds- 2 grams
1 snack sized Snickers- .5

total for breakfast 2.5

Lunch- Tuna fish on high fiber bread- 6
iceburg lettuce- .5
okra chips- 6
Kashi Black Bean BBQ Chips- 8

total for lunch: 20.5

snack-
6 pieces of Chinese Chicken leftover from day before- 0

dinner-
high fiber pasta salad made with a boiled egg, garden sweet pickles, Hellman's light mayonaise, black pepper- 10 grams
1 hot dog roll- 1
1 beef hot dog with lots of German hot mustard
1 snack sized Snickers bar- .5

total for dinner- 11.5

Yesterday, I lost that pound that I gained from water weight and another 4 ounces. Today, I weigh the same as yesterday, 296.6. For some reason yesterday, I was in a grazing mood, plus I was tired from swimming the day before. Plus, seeing it snow outside again really annoyed me- so tired of this long and COLD winter- bbbrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!! :mad: I did manage to ride my recumbent bike for an hour last night. Hopefully, I'll be more energetic today. Have a great day, everyone!

total for the day- 34.5

shr1nk1ngme
03-06-2014, 02:45 PM
I entered in all the food I ate, while on our adventure, into Lose It and my weekly graph is flipping me the bird with that high calorie day. Ha! 3346 cals on Tuesday, 1214 yesterday. I weighed in and am up 3-4 pounds from my most recent low.

Last night I roasted all the veg. Back on plan!

Wow that's a lot of calories. But the amazing thing is, it is only a tiny amount of actual weight (aside from temporary water retention and fiber, ummm, passing through). Glad you got back on track. It's so easy to derail and then stay derailed.

-----------

2/28: 145.8 - pre-retreat
3/3:147 - http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/images/smilies/frown_2011.gif Gained even though I was sooooo gooood on retreat
3/5: 146.0 - almost back to pre-retreat weight
3/6: 145.6 - back on track

-----------
My goal for March is to lose eight pounds.
http://sfgm.lilyslim.com/1t6Km8.png

CoolMom75
03-06-2014, 04:03 PM
Shr1nk1ingme, I just think about when I'd eat like that every day! Ack! I ate good all day but then got the "special" at the mexican restaurant. A random equivalent on LoseIt put's the dish over 2000. Crazy. I had no trouble packing it in. :P

Syckgirlsfv
03-06-2014, 07:41 PM
again, got too busy to post til now and I'm leaving in 5 minutes so here goes:

oh by the way everyone who is cold...it's 73 here in L.A. today!!! We had about 2 days of winter...I'm ok with that!

B - re-fried beans (instant) w/scramble egg whites and green salsa
L - 2 slices leftover Papa John's pizza
I forgot to eat my apple I brought for snack today
D - school tonight so quick turkey or salmon patty, cheese, ZOODLES! maybe some sweet potato fries (baked)

later!

novangel
03-06-2014, 09:13 PM
I'm still around and doing well. :) I'm running almost everyday, today was 4 miles. Not much else to report so I've been kind of quiet lately. I'm just relieved that warmer weather is on the way and TOM is gone.

It seems I have found some serious motivation somewhere...I hope it stays. :crossed:

Diana3271
03-06-2014, 10:26 PM

Our friend Danny had his full body CT scan today. He had bladder cancer. It has now moved to all the bones in his upper body, spine, etc. The Dr. said there is nothing else that can be done and they give him 4-6 months. He put up a good fight. Sometimes I wonder about getting cancer treatments. It seems like I don't know anyone who made it though treatments or who the treatments have been successful. Cancer is such a horrible disease.

Miniapplecocoa Good job on all the walking!

Ian It's good to see you!

Skettihead Good job on the exercise!

Munchy Sounds like yesterday was a busy one for you.

Radiojane Have you found a new yoga teacher, yet?

CoolMom Good job getting right back on plan.

Steelslady Good job on your weigh in.

Shr1nk1ngme Hi :wave:

Syckgirlsfv Did you figure out the accounting problem?

Novangel Great job on the running.

Diana3271
03-06-2014, 10:28 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Haddock 300 calories
3 orders turnip greens 300 calories

Exercise:
GYBB Fat Blast Intervals
GYBB Gorgeous Glutes w/5's
GYBB Core Strength

novangel
03-06-2014, 11:49 PM
Diana, i'm sorry to hear about your friend. Cancer is the worst. :(

Steelslady
03-07-2014, 03:12 AM
Diana, I am so very sorry to hear about your friend. Cancer is just a ***** in my books. Not only did I lose my Mother (as a matter of fact, yesterday was the 21st anniversary of her death) to kidney cancer, we recently lost my beloved Mother-in-law to gallbladder and liver cancer- this woman never smoked, drank, lived a clean and healthy life style, and she died a horrendous death like my Mom. To make matters worse, my youngest daughter watcher her grandmother die of this horrible disease while having cancer herself- she almost wanted to give up on life herself, after seeing what happened to her grandmother. She was so scared, saying "I don't want to live through that and suffer!". What do you say to someone who has it? I just feel so bad for your friend right now- what a brutal sentence he's going through- to go through all of that, and then be told there's nothing more they can do!

I told my daughter, I lost her twin at birth, I refuse to lose her too. I think the most painful conversation in my entire life was when two weeks ago, when her doctor said she will get cancer again, and perhaps it may be starting up again (they are questioning a lymph node and there might be another tumor starting to grow- they're hoping the radiation treatment she's receiving in July wipes both problems out), is that should the time come when she has no choice but to leave us, we will be there right to the end with her. Even her siblings, bless their hearts, have promised she will never be alone, in case my husband and I are no longer around. My heart was just so heavy, I felt like throwing up, but I told her we were NOT going to live for cancer, and she is going to college next fall to be a dental assistant and is to live life to the fullest, while we are diligent about her labs and scans. She just returned from a lovely cruise that she got to visit three different countries two weeks ago- I told her the other night, it's a good thing she didn't give up back then, because look what she would have missed? She smiled and said, "you're right, Mom!"

Has your friend looked into an alkaline diet? I've heard from some folks that cancer cells supposedly can't live in an alkaline environment. I've read stories about how some folks were told there was nothing more they could do for them, then they tried that diet, and some of them actually had success with the cancer cells dying off. It might be worth a shot, right? I don't think it could hurt to check it out.

He will be in my thoughts and prayers, as well as you. So sorry you have to watch a dear friend go through this. Sometimes, life just isn't fair. :(

Diana3271
03-07-2014, 08:12 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :dance:

I am in need of a weekend!

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Up: .2

Novangel & Steelslady Thank you for the support. That was a huge blow for everyone yesterday. Not something anyone expected to hear.

Steelslady I am so sorry you have had to deal with cancer in your family, too. Keep us updated about your DD. I am sorry that she is going through all of that. I lost both of my parents and my dog to cancer within a 5 year period of time. Both of my parents had non-hodgkins lymphoma. It all just sucks, big time. I will mention the alkaline diet to them.

Have a great Friday and start to your weekend!

Psychic
03-07-2014, 10:48 AM
I'm going to try to get back on track again and post here daily. I feel like I'm finally starting to get things back under control.

Yesterday's Calories: 1565
Today's Weight: 177.2

B - Fit & Active Canadian Bacon Breakfast Sandwich
S- Fiber One Lemon Bar + Warhead Candy
L - Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin w/ Honey Ham and Swiss
S - Reeses Cups :nono:
D - Wendy's Sour Cream & Chives Baked Potato + Wendy's Spicy Chipotle Jr. Cheeseburger
S - Kale Chips + Crunchmaster Multigrain Crackers + Swiss Cheese + Dried Beef

Exercise: Approximately 30 minutes slow pace mall-walking (-67) + Mild stretching/low impact exercises (-67)

shr1nk1ngme
03-07-2014, 11:17 AM
Diana, I am so sorry to hear about your friend. Cancer is a horrible, horrible disease. And yes, it sometimes seems like the treatment is worse than the disease itself. Praying for your friend, his family, and for you.

shr1nk1ngme
03-07-2014, 11:22 AM
I'm going to try to get back on track again and post here daily. I feel like I'm finally starting to get things back under control.

I find that posting daily keeps me on track as well.

I'm not weighing in today since yesterday was an UpDay, but I had to say:

I went running again yesterday! It was only my third time running, ever, in my life. But it's already getting easier. Last night I was able to complete all my intervals, I didn't burn out partway through, and today I have no pain. For tonight's run I have upped the duration of the intervals and added two more intervals. It's a modified Couch 2 5K program. I think I really can do it!
:carrot:

And this: KELP NOODLES! I saw them on Dr. Oz but I was skeptical after trying shirataki noodles over and over again and just, well, hating them. Not so much hating the results but I absolutely hate working with shirataki noodles. Gross! So when I saw kelp noodles on Dr. Oz I thought I'd give them a try but I wasn't expecting anything great.

:love: OMG I LOOOOVE kelp noodles! They are PERFECT in a stir fry. An entire package of them has LESS calories than shirataki noodles. Unlike shiratake, the kelp noodles stay firm and absorb the flavor of the sesame oil and soy sauce wonderfully. I have only used them in stir fry so I have not noticed any strange taste. I have read that they are very good in salads, too, but I haven't tried them prepared that way yet.

Radiojane
03-07-2014, 11:32 AM
Diana I really wonder in the end how much we will ever know about that particular disease. I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. There was a boy I graduated high school with who was killed shortly after in a motorcycle accident. Yesterday his brother died of cancer in his early 30's. Sometimes life is incredibly unfair.

I have yet to find a new yoga teacher. There is one in town doing classes, but frankly what it boils down to for me is that I had such a good experience last time I'm afraid that this one won't live up. Plus at $50 per month for the pool and $15 a session for yoga, I'd rather swim and save the money. I do practice alone, but I rarely count it as exercise because it's mostly just for a wind down and solitude and it's only about a half hour at a time.

We got exactly two days of nicer temperatures, and it's now -30 again. My poor dog. He was so happy to go romp around and not freeze his butt off! Weight stayed the same today.

Yesterday was a bunless burger and salad (out for lunch with a friend), steamed broccoli, baked chicken legs, carrots and the last of the perogies. I'm in the process of emptying out my freezer to make way for the beef I'll get from my uncle next month, as well as a lamb I bought. Seeing as I get the beef for free (he rents farmland from my mom and pays her in beef), I'm hoping that will save us some money on groceries. This whole foods lifestyle is costly!

Exercise was 30 minute swim & 25 minute walk and fetch session with Toby.

Have a great day everyone.

Skettihead03
03-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Coolmom75 - We all have our slip up days!! Good job for getting back on track yesterday. I've been pretty open minded about trying new foods, but beets are one that really scare me! Ive been thinking about trying though. What do they taste like?

Steelslady - I am tired of the winter too!! It's so nasty where I live in the mountains in PA. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, mother in law, and daughter! I hope the treatment will work for her. I think it is amazing how strong you are as a mom to watch this and be there for her. Sounds like she has a great support system with her siblings too! :hug:

Syckgirlsfv - Way to rub it in!!! :p It's 33 here today and it's 12:45 so warmest part of the day!

Diana - I'm sorry about your friend! That's terrible :( I do know of a few chemo success stories but they are far and few between. A lot has to do with finding it early too. :hug:

shr1nk1ngme - Now I totally want to try Kelp Noodles!

Okay so here's whats going on with me today

Weigh in 311.8 (up .4 after "cheat" last night)

I treated myself to Olive Garden. I am currently on a cleanse with no meat, coffee, alcohol, very limited caffeine and sugar. So it's been hard to say the least, to constrict myself to mostly vegetables, only some fruit, nuts, eggs etc.

I had 1 breadstick (and it was hard not to have more, LOVE their breadsticks!!!) half the bowl of the ziti (which was really just spaghetti with cheese because I subbed wheat noodles) and a little salad. So even though the portion was bigger than what I'd eat for dinner, I still behaved myself and didn't turn it into a full blown cheat. I am up .4 today, and I'm ok with that. I'll work out a little extra! :carrot: :exercise: :running:

B - 1/2 wheat bagel with light honey nut cream cheese, 1/2 snack box of raisins
L - Almond butter on 1 piece of wheat and mixed salad
D - 1/2 flatbread with sauteed veggies
S - 1 plum, 1 vegetable pack w/ ranch from sheetz (Celery, Carrots, Broccoli)

Exercise - 1.5 hours of workouts with youtube (probably Jillian Michaels) because it's too cold and icy out there today!

Syckgirlsfv
03-07-2014, 02:20 PM
Skettihead LOL I'm sorry, I had to! :sunny::sunny::sunny::sunny:

I've attached a snapshot of the weekend weather...gotta love So Cal!

Diana I'm sorry for your friend. I don't know how you feel about this, or anybody else here, but I find comfort in knowing that at the end of my life I get to go home to my Lord and Savior. I have yet to lose someone very close to me, so I really can't say I know how it feels, but I do think about it a lot because I have a 93 year old grandmother. I know when the time comes I will miss her terribly, and those of us left behind will be crushed. But in thinking about this, I know that she will be in a place the rest of us can only dream about...one that will be millions of times better than here on earth. It makes me feel better. I hope that you and your family will find peace in this awful time. :hug:

OK! It's Friday! Accounting project was finished and perfect! I have one more week of classes (plus tomorrow's class) and then finals. Then one week off, and Spring quarter starts April 1st already! :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Oh! and I lost a pound over night! :carrot:

DH and I are probably going to take a bike ride after work, since the weather is gorgeous today. I'm ready to get back on that bike trail!

today:
B - instant re-fried beans, egg whites, green salsa
S - baby bell light, fuji apple
L - low carb wrap w/deli turkey, light jarlsberg, baby spinach
D - so far it's a mystery!

CoolMom75
03-07-2014, 08:38 PM
Skettihead, I have been getting a lot of beets in my weekly veg delivery and I'm the only one eating them. I actually got a bit of a stomach ache and the color coming out the other end! TMI, but it made me laugh today. I like them roasted and cubed with some cottage cheese or shredded raw into a salad.

Diana, that's some awful news. :( my mom did go through treatment successfully for Lymphoma. It was he.ll though!

Today so far:
Breakfast-
Roasted beets, carrots and potato
Cottage cheese
Coffee with milk

Linner-
Egg burrito with,
2 eggs
Low carb wrap
Avocado
Laughing cow cheese
Sautéed cabbage

Total cals 814, and hitting the gym for weight lifting.

IanG
03-07-2014, 10:39 PM
I'm slowly getting back to this.

My weight is 164.8lbs which is 14lbs down on when I left for my trip. Wow.

Badly jet-lagged today so did no exercise. Will try to go to the gym tomorrow.

For breakfast, I ate oats, habanero smoked oysters and smoked kippers.

For lunch I had smoked oysters and sardines.

Skipped dinner.

Calorie counting starts again tomorrow.

I wonder how I lost so much weight while away? I ate a lot of fish. But it was fresh stuff, not canned. I also had big breakfasts and big dinners, skipping lunch. I normally skip dinner.

This weightloss thing is way too complicated.

miniapplecocoa
03-07-2014, 11:25 PM
Oh Steelslady and Diana, So sorry to hear about your family/friends. You know Drs have been wrong in the past. I mean if that is what you and your love one might want. Here to hope REALLY!!!!

miniapplecocoa
03-07-2014, 11:37 PM
Syckgirlsfv YAY! That project seemed hard.
Diana : thanks for the encouragement.
Shr1nk: I love shiritaki noodles I just ordered a whole case of a new kind with Oat bran, supposedly they are less chewy and more like real pasta we'll see. LOL! I got to find me some kelp noodles now. Do you think Whole Foods or Trader Joes?

Been exercising everyday for 1hour and trying many different things. I got a peddler today. I used it for 55 minutes. Not really enough of a work out compared to what I have been doing all week. But, I'll figure out how to make it work. I can add some dumbbells to the work out while I watch "Modern Fam" reruns LOL!

Yay Me. I ate more than 1000 calories today. I had cheese twice today. Woo hoo.

Have the best the best weekend your are able to everyone! :)

Diana3271
03-07-2014, 11:45 PM

Thanks for all the support. It means a lot to me.

I was finishing up with some big stuff in the office today, corporate tax stuff, personal income taxes, software updates, rebate submissions, etc. Again didn't have have time to add on extra cardio to my workout. I did do the workouts from my rotation, though.

Syckgirlsfv I totally agree. But it's still hard sometimes.

Ian Welcome back! Congrats on the weight loss! I agree it's really complicated. Can you tell a difference in how your clothes were fitting? It must be the sodium. You will get it figured out.

Total Approx 1420 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (650 calories)
Chicken salad sandwich 450 calories
steamed veggies and fruit cup 200 calories

Exercise:
Check-In:
GYBB Total Body Torch w/#5's
GYBB Firm & Fab Abs (the longest 10 minutes of your life!)

Using the 5's made Total Body Torch more doable. The ab workout is mostly pilates moves and it's really tough (or at least for me it is). I have been sore since I started this program. I am even sore from the lower body workout yesterday. Again, I only used 5's. Being sore like this is really unusual for me.

Radiojane
03-08-2014, 12:03 AM
calories are at 1700 for the day. Lunch was salmon with a mayo glaze and broccoli. Supper was green beans, a Basa fillet and more broccoli with dip. Had two chocolates as well.

shoulder is still sore so I took a rest day and just did 25 minutes brisk walk with the dog. Weight was lower tonight hope my official reading in the morning is the same.

shr1nk1ngme
03-08-2014, 02:44 AM
Shr1nk: I love shiritaki noodles I just ordered a whole case of a new kind with Oat bran, supposedly they are less chewy and more like real pasta we'll see. LOL! I got to find me some kelp noodles now. Do you think Whole Foods or Trader Joes?

You can get kelp noodles at Netrition or Vitacost online. I have no idea who sells them in-store. Probably an Asian market kind of thing. Just buy one pack next time you are ordering supplements or diet foods and give them a try (either of those web sites I mentioned are great for that kind of thing).

The kelp noodles look soft but their mouth-feel is slightly crunchy and vegetable-ish, even when cooked. I love them! Remember they are very Asian tasting. Think stir-fry or Asian salad.

Diana3271
03-08-2014, 08:49 AM

Last night I added on: 10 Minutes of Legs up the Wall Yoga pose while listening to a mountain stream CD

I think TTOM should be ending soon. Maybe today, we'll see. If so, it has shortened from where it had been, 10-21 days.

No Change

Have a great day!

Skettihead03
03-08-2014, 09:13 AM
Good morning! :dizzy:

Coolmom75 I'm usually willing to try anything once so I'll give it a go! The bathroom stuff isn't TMI its a nice warning LOL. With all the crazy things I've been eating lately nothing could shock me. :p

Today's fitness

Weigh in: 312.8??? (Up almost 1 lb) :?:

Not really sure what happened. I stayed well on track yesterday, did an awesome workout (thighs are killing me!) I'm trying not to let the gain discourage me. I'm going to chalk it up to having a late dinner last night. And my TOM is due soon.

Food :carrot:
B - Whole wheat English muffin with a little butter, 1/2 Grapefruit
L - Mixed Salad
D - Veggie "chicken patty" and steamed broccoli
S - Handful of almonds, 1 Granny Smith apple

Exercise: I work 6 am - 630 pm so I usually don't exercise on work days but I'll try to at least get 30 minutes in.

SMeeker71
03-08-2014, 09:42 AM
Good morning ladies! I've been trying to lose weight for about a month now and I am having no success. I hope some accountability and support will help me not get so discouraged! Keep working ladies ;)

shr1nk1ngme
03-08-2014, 11:06 AM
Today I will be stuck in my car at an Animal Rescue Center while my son does his volunteer training; he needs to get his necessary high school volunteer hours. I'd like to volunteer too, but instead I'm going to be sitting in my car doing my Spanish and Bible classes' homework for three hours, because I am a week behind in all five classes. I need to be held captive to force me to slow down enough to get the homework done. If I get a lot of work done in the first two hours I might go for a walk. This animal center is in my favorite neighborhood, actually, where I would love to live. I could meander about and gawk at the opulent homes.

3/3: 147.0
3/5: 146.0
3/6: 145.6
3/8: 145.2

http://sfgm.lilyslim.com/1t6Kp0.png

novangel
03-08-2014, 12:29 PM
My weight is 164.8lbs which is 14lbs down on when I left for my trip. Wow.

I wonder how I lost so much weight while away? I ate a lot of fish. But it was fresh stuff, not canned. I also had big breakfasts and big dinners, skipping lunch. I normally skip dinner.

I'm willing to bet the canned fish has a much higher sodium content.

CoolMom75
03-08-2014, 03:01 PM
Yesterday's weight lifting finished out week 3 and I'm feeling like I should start adding in some cardio but I don't want to. :P

516 cals for breakfast:
Egg and veggie burrito
Coffee with milk.

Radiojane
03-08-2014, 04:27 PM
down 1.6 this morning. already did my swim and still have the dog to run tonight. Breakfast was bacon and eggs and supper will be chicken breast and broccoli. I have made a conscious effort not to buy cheese or mayo or all the sauces I usually have too much of and I hope that speeds things up.

Waterbunny77
03-08-2014, 05:38 PM
B: Large Banana
S: 1 small pc. of chocolate
L: 3 small Black Bean eggrolls and calamari, bread with tad of butter (Cheesecake Factory)

Tonight I'm planning on a ceaser salad.

Psychic
03-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Yesterday's Calories: 1529
Today's Weight: 176.6

B - Crunchmaster Multigrain Crackers + Naked Kale Chips + Swiss Cheese + Honey Ham + Coffee
S - Almond Biscotti + Mountain Mix Trail Mix
L - Avocado + Crunchmaster Multigrain Crackers + Naked Kale Chips
S - Heath Klondike Bar :(
D - Lemon Pepper Chicken Breast + Steamed Veggies + Mac & Cheese
S - Sweet Potato Chips + Swiss Cheese

Exercise: Strength Training Circuit (-60) + Treadmill (-40) + General Calisthenics (-93)

Yesterday was good, except for the Klondike Bar. I didn't even want it, but I coworker bought it for me and handed it to me and I didn't have much choice in the matter. I would have felt bad if I didn't eat it.

Muscles are fatigued. I see that as a good sign. I need to build more muscle.

IanG
03-08-2014, 09:18 PM
Down 2.4lbs today to my lowest ever adult weight: 162.4lbs. Beats my Christmas Day record by 0.4 pounds.

I doubt it will last though. I ate a lot today, about 2100 calories. The store had some shad roe which I adore and I also had a bread roll. God, I run so much better at lower weights though.

It could be the sodium novangel. But I do like canned. Let's see what happens now I am back on it.

Fat Calories Protein Carbs
Breakfast
oats 5 300 8 54
Flaxseed milk 4 38 0 2
dried apricot 0 32 0 9
honey 0 42 0 12
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Polar Kippers 12 162 14 0
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Ekone habanero oysters 6 165 20 9

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Pan-seared shad roe 16 275 36 3
Baby squid in olive oil 17 272 25 5
Ekone original oysters 5 165 17 11
Millers jumbo lump crab 1 120 26 0
Bread roll 7 200 7 41
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 100 10 10

Total 84 2118 178 179
Weight 162.4
Protein/weight ratio 1.10
Targets based on weight Low High
Calories 2274 2598
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 47 71
20% less calories to cut 1819

Exercise: Did 50 minutes weight training followed by a 3.5 mile run.

thekiwi
03-08-2014, 09:44 PM
Hi folks! Hope you all are having a good weekend.

I had a few off days but I think I'm getting back on track. I'm a midwife and sometimes have to work long hours on very little sleep.. Late last week I had two births back to back so it was rough times (hence the not updating!). I have a bad habit of sometimes eating mostly starchy carbs/whatever is available in those cases.

Today:
B:Crepes with strawberry jam

Workout: Spin class

L: Protein powder and almond milk; greek yogurt with berries, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds

S: Dark Chocolate (I have an addiction.. it's an issue)

D: Poached eggs and roasted asparagus; plain yogurt with berries.

Diana3271
03-08-2014, 10:26 PM

Radiojane Congrats on the 1.6 pounds! :carrot:

Shr1nk1ngme I hope you had a productive day while waiting for your DS.

Skettihead You could be holding on to some extra water since you are sore. It could also be from TTOM. Hang in there and don't let it get to you.

SMeeker Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Novangel Hi :wave:

CoolMom Ha Ha You like the weights and I like cardio. It's funny how we all like different things.

Waterbunny Good job at the Cheesecake Factory. I heard they have good food.

Psychic Great job keeping up with the gym workouts.

Ian Congrats on the 2.4 pounds and new low!

Thekiwi Wow, two births back to back is probably really tough on you.

Diana3271
03-08-2014, 10:31 PM
Total Approx 1470 Calories

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (340 Calories)
Artisan Bistro salmon dinner 280 calories
steamed asparagus 60 calories

Dinner (735 Calories)
Lettuce, tomato, carrot salad w/ Bolthouse ranch dressing 150 calories
Chicken, orzo, kalamata olives, feta cheese, asparagus 345 calories
2 garden lites chocolate muffin 240 calories

Exercise:
GYBB Metabolism Boost (This is a plyo workout)
GYBB Slim & Strong Arms w/5's
TF Fire Starter w/1 hand weights

miniapplecocoa
03-08-2014, 10:46 PM
Hi everyone, Wow I love reading about folks getting all this great stuff done! And sharing success. I worked today so no extra exercise except taking the dogs out. Really, I'm just too too tired today.

I also did not eat all my meals ( no time to eat with dogs everywhere yuk,)never have been able to eat while I groom. I'm sure that's why I was so much thinner when I worked full time.
Now, I feel like I want to just go to bed. 8 hours of standing and bending and lifting is enough for me.

Good night everyone.

CoolMom75
03-08-2014, 10:55 PM
I'm finishing out the day at 1746 cals.

An egg burrito and coffee

Bowl of veg and cottage cheese

Three slices of veggie-loaded, homemade pizza

Syckgirlsfv
03-08-2014, 11:10 PM
miniapplecocoa thanks! it wasn't hard, just frustrating because I had to go to campus to use the computer labs, since Quickbooks isn't something you just have on your computer. I figured out what was wrong driving to work and in my sleep!

Diana yes, I am sure it's hard. I hope your friend can find some peace and be free of pain.

Today:
B - no time before school this morning, so toasted sourdough with PB&J.
L - El Pollo Loco tortilla wrap
D - chicken bacon alfredo pizza 2 slices
WINE in about an hour :D
took a walk with DH for an hour and 15 minutes -burned about 350 calories ;)

Diana3271
03-09-2014, 09:40 AM

Did you change your clocks? We always change them before we go to bed.

Last night I added on: Mindful Yoga from Meditation for Beginners with Maritza

Calories for yesterday: 1470 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 165.2
Down: .2

Enjoy your day!

kelijpa
03-09-2014, 11:11 AM
Good morning all,
Can't believe so much time has gone by, I thought I posted in between, but apparently not. Had a typical Thurs, Fri and Sat food-wise anyway. We got some good news this week, my brother got a job after being out of work for close to a year. It was really hard on him, he's always been into working, he got caught up in the sequester and got laid off, then I think because he's older and at a higher level professionally it was hard to find something he could jump into at that level, but it all worked out. Also our niece and nephew announced they are expecting, she's due in Oct. they've been trying to have a baby for a couple years.

Finally the weather was nice enough to head out for a visit, so we drove down and visited both sets of parents yesterday, it was a nice visit, food-wise not the best day, but that's how Saturdays usually go for me, so not too concerned.

Starting out low-carb today, ham and cheese omelette, got in my exercises, so off to a good start, hoping to get in some kind of hike, it's 28 here at 10 a.m. and the sun is out, so it should work out. We're just trying to maintain until the weather breaks.

Diana so sorry about your friend, cancer sux, no doubt about it, sending good thoughts. We did turn some of our clocks, the one in the living room did automatically, DH reminded me this morning, I kind of forgot about it...

Steelslady wishing you and your family the best, also sending good thoughts for you and your daughter.

Ian good to see you back, you're so right about the mysteriousness of weight loss, sometimes it seems like you do the same thing with different results. I think being able to run outside makes a big difference, can't wait to be able to do that again.

:wave: everyone, sorry after reading 3 and half pages I can't remember all the things I was going to say...

best to all :sunny:

Psychic
03-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1559
Today's Weight: 175.2 :yay:

B - Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin w/ Honey Ham, Swiss and Yellow Mustard + Coffee
L - Deli Roll w/ Roast Beef, Swiss, and Yellow Mustard + Ruffle Potato Chips + French Onion Dip
S - Small Piece of Vanilla Cake
D - Hot Dog + French Fries + Yellow Mustard
Exercise: 30 Minutes Light Calisthenics & Stretches (-140)

Yesterday wasn't terrible, especially since I wasn't home most of the day. My friend was having a baby shower, which is where the potato chips and cake came from. Still did an easy workout when I got home. My muscles are still strained from Friday. Had a super low weigh-in this morning and I hope it sticks. I'm still trying to get back to pre-holiday weight (173).

alaskanlaughter
03-09-2014, 01:47 PM
just checking in....we are flying home today depending on the snow storm moving around the area...it's been a long, difficult week and we laid my BIL to rest yesterday in the ancestral native burial grounds...so very hard to do :( I ate a good dinner last night for the first time in over a week...I haven't weighed myself since we left home and I haven't done any exercise beyond a few walks around town...I feel like I've lost weight though simply by barely eating....one day my food consisted of coffee, a few bites of chocolate and some little random thing for dinner, maybe cottage cheese...we have a lot of things to get done today and tomorrow when we're home, I go immediately back to work and I know i'll be slammed since I've been gone for a week...

one thing I wanted to add about this week: Alaska Airlines only runs one combi flight around the state, where the front half of the plane is boarded off and only for cargo and the back half of the plane is for passengers....on Friday the airlines said they couldn't bring back BIL's casket because it wasn't a combi flight scheduled to fly into the village...the whole family was coming in on that flight, escorting him home...and somehow, someone pulled some strings and Alaska Airlines switched their entire aircraft just for our family, removing the regularly scheduled plane and bringing in the combi flight JUST so that he could come home on the flight with everyone else....i'm just so grateful that the airline did that for us

shr1nk1ngme
03-09-2014, 02:17 PM
Today will be an excellent day! Getting lots of housework done, lots of homework, some gardening, and exercise. Couch 2 5k and abs.

Today is an UpDay (every other day I have a higher calorie day) so I can eat to my heart's content today. It is definitely going to be an excellent day.

---

3/9: 144.2 WHOOSH! :yay:

---

Waterbunny77
03-09-2014, 02:28 PM
Today will be an excellent day! Getting lots of housework done, lots of homework, some gardening, and exercise. Couch 2 5k and abs.

Today is an UpDay (every other day I have a higher calorie day) so I can eat to my heart's content today. It is definitely going to be an excellent day.

---

3/9: 144.2 WHOOSH! :yay:

---

How many calories more do you add on a higher calorie day?

thekiwi
03-09-2014, 03:21 PM
I'm having a great day so far!

Breakfast: Plain (whole fat) yogurt with berries, pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds

Workout: Strength training (45min) and 60 minutes on the arctrainer

Lunch: smoothie: Almond milk, strawberries, chia seeds, protein powder

Dinner will probably be eggs and some veggies, and I'll probably have some more yogurt with berries for dessert.

I've got this saying that is on my fridge: "honour your body." I don't want to be in a place where I am making these changes because I hate myself or my body - I want it to come from a positive place, self-care and self-love. It has helped my motivation.

IanG
03-09-2014, 03:42 PM
Up 0.4lbs today to 162.8lbs. I can live with that! But I am going tough on the diet today and the exercise to try my best to keep in the 160s. My body is just so much more comfortable in the 160s than the 170s. I have a lot less bloat (especially on my legs) and running is easier 10 pounds lighter.

Nice to have you back too kelijpa!

Anyway, calories today will be about 1900. I ran outside which was nice. I need to do more of that. Because my body has to work less at staying cool when I run outside I get a more active and a more comfortable workout in.

I am planning to run outside again tomorrow with a friend. I am really looking forward to that.

I have just one week at home again and then it is off to Belgium for a week with work.

Breakfast
oats 5 300 8 54
Flaxseed milk 4 38 0 2
dried apricot 0 32 0 9
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Wild Planet Sardines 5 183 33 0
Coffee 3 25 0 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Pan-seared shad roe 16 275 36 3
Vital choice canned sockeye 16 340 48 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 100 10 10

Total 68 1866 187 127
Weight 162.8
Protein/weight ratio 1.15
Calories 2279 2605
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 41 62
20% less calories to cut 1823

Exercise: Ran 3.5 miles. Did 55 minutes weight training.

novangel
03-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Hello, all. :wave:

I'm still lurking to keep up to date with everyone's progress but not posting daily anymore. Since I'm at goal I find my posts to be very redundant so I will only post here and there from now on but rest assured I will remain on track. ;)

Walking Dead tonight! :carrot:

Syckgirlsfv
03-09-2014, 05:08 PM
home from church and getting ready to go to the gym for chest and cardio. It's SUCH a gorgeous day today, 78 degrees and the high will be 81. We are grilling chicken, steaks, and hamburgers later, before The Walking Dead!

B- egg whites/broccoli/lite swiss/2 bacon
no lunch yet and grilling later..gym first ;)

CoolMom75
03-09-2014, 05:13 PM
I'm going to take a week or two off forums and daily weights. I'm getting discouraged and maybe focussing more on eating, weight lifting and adding in two days of spinning class will snap me out of this rut. See you all in a week or two!

Angie
03-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Good morning Diana & everyone!

We got our new puppy on Friday and my morning routine has been turned upside down! I forgot to weigh in the last two mornings. I was up a bit on Friday, but after two meals eaten out on Thursday it wasn't a surprise. I'm doing okay calorie-wise, but not in the quality of my food -- we ate 'on the road' food during our long drive Friday. Luckily, I keep overestimating calories as I go, and by the time I add them up at the end of the day I've been just about where I need to be both days. Here is the plan for today:

Breakfast: Instant oatmeal
Lunch: Pizza with friends
Dinner: Roast chicken & salad
Snacks: 2 coffees with cream

ETA: I started this post at 8:00 a.m. and just hit 'post' now!

Radiojane
03-09-2014, 09:06 PM
down .5 today no swim but on my feet all day cleaning vehicles and exercising the dog. 1250 calories: chicken breast broccoli, handful of nachos, mixed veggies and chicken drumsticks.

hoping to see a loss again tomorrow.

Skettihead03
03-09-2014, 09:27 PM
Hey everyone! :dizzy:

Diana - I'm trying not to let it get to me, I won't anymore. I did have a very silly mini melt down today though. Here is to a better tomorrow... :^:

Psychic - Awesome for you that you went to a baby shower and only had a little bit of chips and cake. I think its deserved every once in awhile and it's great you didn't go overboard.

AlaskinLaughter - I'm sorry again about your loss. I hope time will make it a little easier. I hope you're able to go home on time and the snow won't delay anything.

Novangel - I look forward to The Walking Dead allllll week! :carrot::broc:

Okay so today was not so great. I weighed, and for the past 2 days I've been up. This was the 3rd day and it said I'm at 313. How can this be possible? I have been eating next to nothing (enough to survive, but no meat, no added sugar, barely any dairy) I've been drinking my water and green tea, I've been working out, WHAT IS GOING ON? So I had a melt down and said "screw it" basically and went out to breakfast. I was bad. But still stopped myself half way through and made sensible choices. And decided I was going to keep at it. I thought about giving up the scale awhile but to be honest with myself, taking the batteries out or putting it away or whatever won't work. I will still weigh myself so the best thing to do is embrace it, and realize it can be water, TOM, (I think its coming soon) food, just a natural fluctation, and deal with it. I can't drop lbs at a time everyday. So I'm glad I worked myself through it and I'm not giving up. It's a big accomplishment for me because once I've cheated, I usually declare it an entire cheat DAY and then it carries on to the next day... and next day.... so nope! I made good choices the rest of the day and TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY! :D

B - Denny's peanut butter cup pancakes (but I only ended up eating a little over 1, mostly the bottom one that isnt covered with chocolate and peanut butter), 2 piece wheat toast, 2 eggs over easy, hashbrowns. I gave my bacon to my fiance!
L - Apple (Was still full from breakfast)
S - None (STILL full)
D - Wheat tortilla with brown rice, onions, green peppers, mushrooms

Oh and I forgot to add the reason why I feel so silly about my UP today is I realized the batteries in my scale are going bad. I'd get on and off and back on, and the weights would be 1.5 lbs in difference. I put in some new batteries (good brand) and will weigh tomorrow morning.

Diana3271
03-09-2014, 10:22 PM

Miniapplecocoa I know grooming dogs is a lot of work. You have to stay on your toes at all times.

Syckgirlsfv Good job on that walk. DH has no interest in doing that sort of thing.

Kelijpa I'm glad your brother was able to find a job. I know a lot of people have been hurting the last couple of years. Glad the weather is better in your area. Today was very nice for us, today.

Psychic Congrats on your weigh in!

Alaskanlaughter That's wonderful that Alaska Airlines did that for the family. It's nice to hear abut it when a business is able to do that sort of thing.

Shr1nk1ngme Sounds like you had a busy day.

Waterbunny Hi :wave:

Thekiwi Good job on your day.

Ian DH went shad fishing today! The fish were given to a good friend of ours. He loves shad roe!

Novangel Check in whenever you get a chance.

Coolmom Good luck and check in when you can.

Angie OMG! Cody totally cramped my style when we first got him. Well actually I am just now getting adjusted. :lol: It's amazing how one extra little thing can make so much extra work. What kind of puppy?

Radiojane Congrats on the .5.

Skettihead We all have those days. Hang in there. Hopefully, the batteries was the problem. Are you getting enough protein?

Diana3271
03-09-2014, 10:28 PM
Total Approx 1255 Calories + :coffee:
My calories were a little lower but I felt full/satisfied all day

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (500 Calories)
Chicken salad sandwich on pumpernickel 440 Calories
fruit cup 60 calories

Dinner (360 Calories)
Artisan Bistro salmon dinner 280 calories
steamed veggies 80 calories

Exercise:
Dana Pieper's EveryBody Fitness Cardio Quick Fix
Leslie Sansone 1 Mile Jog

IanG
03-09-2014, 10:43 PM
Diana, I pay 13 bucks for 5-6 ounces of shad roe. So he'd best love the stuff!

It is delicious.

And so good for you.

I am going to keep gobbling the stuff as long as it is still in season.

Waterbunny77
03-09-2014, 11:06 PM
OK here we go.......

B: Nuts/raisens mixture
L: Cearsar salad
S: Apple
D: Left over Tex Mex from Cheesecake Factory
S: Tostitos & piece of chocolate
:D:D

laciemn
03-09-2014, 11:24 PM
Hi everyone -- alaskan, that was really cool of the airline. I hope it helped. Welcome back Ian!

My power has been out since Thursday, or I might have posted. We got a bad hail storm Thursday night which wreaked havoc on the trees. There are trees down everywhere and they took the power lines with them.

I haven't been concerned with dieting, really. I have probably eaten quite a bit more out of boredom. Happily, spring break is coming up! Back on the diet / exercise tomorrow!

sherma
03-10-2014, 12:33 AM
First family birthday party since new commitment to weight loss. Able to avoid soda, bread basket, and loaded baked potatoes. Not sure how the scale will look tomorrow but am counting today as a victory. Thanks!

alaskanlaughter
03-10-2014, 02:14 AM
we are home now....I ate pizza tonight after we got home....our house is a mess because we left in such a hurry...I weighed myself tonight and I lost 6 pounds since last weekend...eek! normally I struggle to lose anything....i'm going to bed as soon as I finish my food....somehow I made it through this week and stayed strong for everyone and as soon as I stepped off the plane at home, I felt like I was going to collapse....i'll sleep good tonight and get back to work tomorrow....I am wiped out

Diana3271
03-10-2014, 08:19 AM

Last night I added on: Unwinding Muscle Tension from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Calories for yesterday: 1255 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 164.8
Down: .4

Have a great start to your week.

Psychic
03-10-2014, 08:21 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1443
Today's Weight: 176

B - Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin w/ Whipped Cream Cheese & Nutella (open-face, not together)
L - Whole Wheat Sandwich Thin w/ Chicken Breast and Avocado + Sweet Potato Chips
S - Fiber One Lemon Bar
D - 100 Calorie Popcorn + Sweet Potato Chips + Dried Beef
S - Chocolate Peanut Butter Sundae Ice Cream

I kinda just snacked on things in the later half of the day. I was still under my calorie limit, so I'm happy. I had a more realistic weigh-in of 176 today. Gym later.

Sum38
03-10-2014, 08:25 AM
Ian -- I was thinking about you a few weeks back when I was talking to a friend about Lutefisk (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lutefisk). That is the only fish I don't like in this world (so far). Wonder if you could stomach it? :D

IanG
03-10-2014, 12:30 PM
I would give that a go Sum! The only fish I avoid, or limit, are very oily ones. I had some butterfish in Thailand and some smoked halibut once in Belgium that were so oily, I had to rush to the toilet. I draw the line at those.

Down 1lb today to a new record low of 161.8lbs. This will not stick (gain day tomorrow) but wow.

Nevertheless, I will watch my calories like a hawk today to get as much of a stick as I can get. One thing I am noticing is that I am a lot less bloated at the moment. Calories will be about 1500 today.

Breakfast
oats 5 300 8 54
Flaxseed milk 4 38 0 2
dried apricot 0 32 0 9
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Ekone lemon pepper oysters 6 165 17 12

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Skipanon Smoked sturgeon 2.8 132 24 0
East Point shrimp 2 100 22 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 100 10 10

Total 48 1463 127 127
Weight 161.8
Protein/weight ratio 0.78
Calories 2265 2589
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 33 49
20% less calories to cut 1812

Exercise: Did 50 minutes of weight training before work. Will run about 3 miles outside before lunch.

Radiojane
03-10-2014, 12:38 PM
Sum48 We eat Lutefisk every Christmas. It's palatable with a heavy cream sauce (which makes it slightly less than diet friendly).

Alaskan glad you're home.

Down 1.5 this morning. Almost done fighting through this water weight. I'm a little afraid I'm going to have the same problem I did last time; I'll get down to where I was and that will be the day of my bf's surprise party and I'll be back up to where I was the next day! I may abstain from everything just to avoid that frustration!

Didn't run the dog yesterday because he pooped himself out watching me clean the vehicles, so we'll go out today. Will do my swim at lunch, although I'm dreading getting dressed after because I'm all gussied up and "gussied" requires spanx, which in turn require acrobatics.

Skettihead03
03-10-2014, 01:32 PM
Hey everyone!

Trying to stay positive but just been feeling frustrated the past couple days. I know it's not a miracle or overnight process but I feel with my size and the amount of effort I'm putting in, I should be losing more than I am.

Weigh in 313.0 (still no idea why I'm up.):?:

B - 1 wheat english muffin & 1 apple
L - Mixed salad, cucumbers, green red yellow peppers, onions, zucchini, raw broccoli, little bit of mozarella cheese, no dressing.
D - Veggie burger, whole wheat deli flats bun, 1 slice provolone cheese. Side of steamed green beans
S - Plain yogurt with raisins, 1 plum

Exercise - Jillian Michaels 30 day shred level 1 30 minute video
That's all because I work night shift tonight and need to sleep before work

Syckgirlsfv
03-10-2014, 05:32 PM
it may be Monday...but it's a BEAUTIFUL day!!!! :beach::beach::beach:
this was the weirdest, warmest, shortest winter I can ever remember, and I was born here in So. Cal. Mid to high 70's all week this week...but the only thing is, we really do need some rain. Those two days weren't nearly enough!

Today's menu:
B - only half of a banana bread weight control oatmeal (I somehow didn't use enough water and it didn't mix right, tasted awful so threw it out)
L - low carb wrap/deli turkey/jarlsberg light swiss/baby spinach
S - fuji apple
D - unsure - we have chicken and burgers leftover from last night's grill-fest so maybe fix some pasta and sauce with the chicken cut up in to it. And asparagus! I love asparagus.

We're going for a bike ride when I get home this evening. Yesterday's gym workout was PROPER. My chest hasn't been this sore in months, and neither has my back. Also did 22 minutes on treadmill afterwards. I'm still tired!

Sum38
03-10-2014, 05:53 PM
Radiojane Are you Scandinavian?

Radiojane
03-10-2014, 06:32 PM
I am. both my grandmothers had Norwegian parents. My paternal great grandparents actually emigrated from Vestre Slidre in the early 1900's. I'm a big fan of lefse! My Danish in laws eat Lutefisk too.

alaskanlaughter
03-10-2014, 06:57 PM
just touching base here...i got to sleep late and didn't sleep well...but somehow i woke up feeling rested enough to tackle the day :) i got to work just after 6:30 a.m. and started catching up on stuff...i'm caught up, which i wasn't expecting to be yet, and am prepped for the afternoon with students...also got my house much cleaner but haven't tackled the room where all the extra kids were staying just yet...still need to pay bills but that's waiting until wednesday...

i didn't go to the gym as i just feel too mentally drained to do that just yet...i had some coffee and gatorade today, that's all i've eaten...i have a weird taste in my mouth too, yuck...maybe my sinuses are finally draining...

but i feel ready for the afternoon with my students and looking forward to a MUCH quieter evening at home with all the extra kids not there

thekiwi
03-10-2014, 08:33 PM
SO this morning I was up to 150.4. I think it's mostly water retention (I have a really hard time with this) because I've started actually exercising.

Today I've been eating lots of fruit (strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, blackberries) and yogurt (plain/greek) with some pumpkin seeds and walnuts. I also had some raw veggies in the afternoon, baby carrots, celery, cucumber, bell pepper slices. And a plum. Loose logging (my food scale needs a new battery) - around 1400 cals. I need to work on drinking more water and getting more protein in tomorrow.

I think I'm going to take a rest day. I had a long day of work and all I want to do is curl up and read. I had intended to get up early for a spin class but I am really good at talking myself out of early morning workouts! I have to lift tomorrow. I am going to try early morning again, as tomorrow will also be a really long day.. I do like lifting much better than spin so maybe that will give me the push I need!

Larry H
03-10-2014, 09:16 PM
Don't pay the ransom, I have escaped. :rofl:

Sorry I have not been posting lately but my DW's Vertigo is back with a vengeance and as a separate item she frequently starts choking and coughing. Her voice is very hoarse now. I took her to a new doctor,he is an ENT and he seems to really be trying to get to the root of these two issues. She has had a barium swallow test and a scope of the nasal passage and throat. All negative so far. An EGD is next. Today she had a ENG test and they found she has benign positional vertigo on the right side. We have a long list of instructions for this. My poor DW cannot navigate from the bed to the master bath that is connected to the bed without my help. She has not been able to eat anything since Friday morning until tonight when she had soft eggs and very light toast. So far so good.

I went to the family doctor today and he suspects that my anemia has returned. I sleep great all night and wake up barely able to keep my eyes open I am so tired. I have blood work tomorrow to see if the anemia is back. If so I will be back to the Hematologist who told me at my last visit the anemia may come back. If so I will be undergoing a bone marrow biopsy which I understand is somewhat uncomfortable to have done.

Even though I was absent from posting I have remained on plan with my eating.

laciemn
03-10-2014, 09:24 PM
Larry, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your wife feels better soon. Are you eating too few calories? Could that cause your tiredness? Also, a lack of iron can cause that. Try to supplement iron in with a pill! Stay strong for the bone marrow biopsy.

Today was my first, last and only day of classes for this week. Hurrah spring break! It was quite beautiful today. I met a fantastic new friend, and saw one of my old friends. I also found out the exam in Bio I thought I made a C on, I actually made an A! It was a relief.

As far as my diet, well it wasn't bad, not great either. I had toast with jam for breakfast, strawberry cake for lunch (I did scrape off most of the icing as it wasn't good), fried chicken, salad w/ a bit of olive oil and italian herbs, 2 slices of sour dough bread and an orange.

Waterbunny77
03-10-2014, 10:11 PM
Today I ate approximately 200 more calories than usual.

B: Yogurt, Tostitos
Mid Morning S: apple, 3 eggs
L: More eggs, Handful of Tostitos (can't seem to get enough of these chips today) :o
S: Chocolate
D: Turkey sandwich with tomato only
S: Tostitos

:carrot::D:carrot::D

Diana3271
03-10-2014, 11:01 PM

Ian I thought about you with the shad/roe. I thought you would appreciate it. Congrats on the pound and new low! Maybe you just needed some type of reset.

Waterbunny Good job on your day and keeping things in moderation.

Laciemn Great job on the A! I'm glad the power is back on for you.

Sherma Hi and welcome to the check-in. :welcome2:

Alaskanlaughter I'm glad you are back and getting back to your normal routine. I know the trip must have been draining.

Psychic Good job keeping things in moderation.

Sum Hi:wave:

Radiojane Great job on the 1.5 pounds!

Skettihead Do you know how many calories you are eating? Maybe you are not eating enough. Are you getting enough protein?

Syckgirlsfv Good job on your day.

Thekiwi I hope you get a great workout in tomorrow.

Larry I'm sorry that you and your DW are dealing with health issues right now. Wishing the best for the both of you. Check in when you can. Keep up the great work.

Diana3271
03-10-2014, 11:05 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
2 Grilled Mahi taco's 600 calories

Exercise:
GYBB Fat Blast Intervals
GYBB 60 Second Slim Down
GYBB Gorgeous Glutes w/5's
TF Fire 30

IanG
03-10-2014, 11:10 PM
I made the top of Diana's list! :dance:

I think you are right about the sodium though. I did the numbers and my sodium on canned fish is crazy high (more than 3500mg today).

When I travel I eat mostly fresh, so the sodium is lower and I get a whoosh.

Now I am stuck. I can't eat fresh fish every day at home because I do not have time.

Let's see what happens with canned again...

If my weight goes up it will be decision time...again.

Syckgirlsfv
03-11-2014, 12:25 AM
hey all :) checking in before I hit the shower and my bed! Rode bikes with DH for an hour tonight, fun and a calorie burn of almost 400. good stuff :D

Ended up making Barilla veggie elbows (carrot and squash) with a garden spaghetti sauce to which I added fresh sauteed baby bella mushrooms, baby spinach, and the chicken breast we grilled last night. YUM!

I am sleepy...better get started on the shower! nite all!

jennykay
03-11-2014, 12:29 AM
I was on here many months ago and am ready to recommit! Today I took a walk in our hilly neighborhood before anyone was up (so peaceful). I also survived (barely) an hour long strength class at the gym. I need to work on my stamina, but I know it will come with consistency. It is great to be back :)

Larry H
03-11-2014, 01:02 AM
Larry, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your wife feels better soon. Are you eating too few calories? Could that cause your tiredness? Also, a lack of iron can cause that. Try to supplement iron in with a pill! Stay strong for the bone marrow biopsy.

I have been taking 325 mg Iron tablets morning and night since May. I also take Vitamin C and B12 to help with Iron absorption by my body. My blood tests show that I have a slightly high Iron level so it would seem that something else is causing the anemia.

kelijpa
03-11-2014, 06:57 AM
Good morning all, quick check in, time change getting me, love the extra daylight at night, just need to get adjusted.

More later, best to all :sunny:

Ian congrats on the loss, make sure you're drinking some water with that canned fish, good luck

Larry spinach is my go to when I'm low on iron, I'd eat a can at a time, kind of volume tricks...tmy anemia is iron deficient, wishing your DW some relief from the vertigo, I was getting dizzy from something going on in my inner ear a few weeks ago, such a strange feeling. Best of luck with everything :sunny:

Psychic
03-11-2014, 08:06 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1626
Today's Weight: 175.8

B - Quaker Real Medleys Summer Berry Oatmeal + Coffee
S - Crunchmaster Multigrain Crackers
L - Subway Footlong Oven Roasted Chicken on Wheat w/ Lettuce, Cucumbers, Black Olives and Honey Mustard
D - Italian Sweet Sausage w/ Potato Bun + Homemade Macaroni and Cheese
Exercise: 20 Minutes Walking (-80)

I went a bit over on my calories yesterday. Dad requested homemade mac & cheese, so I had to make it (and of course, eat it). Weight is down -0.2 from yesterday though, so I can't complain. I did miss going to the gym yesterday, but I will be going tonight.

Diana3271
03-11-2014, 09:13 AM

Last night I added on: Letting Go and Completing Your Day from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditations

Weigh In: 164.8
No Change

jennykay Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Ian Can you find some lower sodium options within the canned seafood lines? I know I have seen some but not sure about flavor and availability. Also, maybe you can tweak some other foods you eat. Does the kimchi have much sodium? If so, maybe you can get a variety that is lower.

Enjoy your day!

IanG
03-11-2014, 10:55 AM
Thanks Diana. I may try that. The lower sodium options tend to be more expensive though.

It's my gain day so up 1lb to 162.8lbs. I hope I am done with increases this week.

I am going to be strict with calories again today. I'm looking at about 1700.

Breakfast
oats 5 300 8 54
Flaxseed milk 4 38 0 2
dried apricot 0 32 0 9
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Coffee 3 25 0 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Vital choice canned sockeye 16 340 48 0
Ocean harvest Dungeness crab 1 120 26 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 100 10 10

Total 53 1711 173 127
Weight 162.8
Protein/weight ratio 1.07
Calories 2279 2605
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 38 57
20% less calories to cut 1823

Exercise: Did 1 hour boxing before work. Will run 3 miles outside at lunch with a friend.

shr1nk1ngme
03-11-2014, 11:16 AM
How many calories more do you add on a higher calorie day?

Its a 5:1 ratio. If the UpDay is 2000, the DownDay is 400. If the UpDay is 2500, the DownDay is 500. It averages out to 1200-1500 calories/day, depending on how well I control my appetite on the UpDays.

------

I have a blood condition that prevents me from donating blood, but I was able to donate plasma yesterday for the first time ever. The initial interview/physical was pretty invasive (and loooong) but I am happy to be able to help. Not to mention, unlike whole blood donation, they PAY you (the plasma is for pharmaceutical development, not for emergency use).

I found out, though, that it really depletes your body. So I had to eat far more than I ordinarily would on a DownDay to replenish my protein, because I don't want to lose muscle tissue. I ate two additional eggs and several Weight Watchers cheese sticks. And still lost weight!

Here are the stats of the plasma they take out of you:

110 lbs - 149 lbs
690 ml Plasma:
483.69 calories
Protein 49.51 g
Carbohydrates 63.65 g
Fat 3.45 g

Hah! I have found my new weight loss plan! lol/jk Donate twice a week and it's like burning almost 1000 extra calories. Plus $$$.

3/9: 144.2
3/11: 143.8

Sum38
03-11-2014, 12:53 PM
I am. both my grandmothers had Norwegian parents. My paternal great grandparents actually emigrated from Vestre Slidre in the early 1900's. I'm a big fan of lefse! My Danish in laws eat Lutefisk too.

That is cool!! I grew up in Finland, so 100% Finn here :) -- We used to get Lutefisk for Xmas as well. (Yuck)... Lefse I love, but because of Celiac, I no longer can enjoy it :(

I made a true Finnish Xmas, minus Lutefisk (lipeakala as we call it) a few Christmases ago. My family enjoyed.

Syckgirlsfv
03-11-2014, 03:04 PM
morning! another gorgeous day :sunny::sunny::sunny:

real quick:

B - re-fried beans and egg whites with green salsa
L - low carb wrap w/pepper deli turkey and light swiss/baby spinach
D - turkey or salmon patty w/zoodles and melted cheese on top (school tonight)
S - I have an apple for later if necessary

that's it! Late!

alaskanlaughter
03-11-2014, 03:32 PM
finally got back to the gym today after our exhausting trip...I walked on the highest setting of incline for 20 minutes and did 30 minutes total on the treadmill...i'm not sure what it is about my shoes, if I just bought a bad pair or what, or if it's my socks(?) but I truly can't go longer than 30 minutes walking or running without feeling a blister developing, same spot same foot, all the time...so i'm aiming to make it the hardest 30 minutes that I can....I just didn't feel up to running today and really would prefer to run outside anyhow....headed to meetings and work next

novangel
03-11-2014, 03:39 PM
Winter storm warning again tonight :rollpin: but I got to run outside yesterday, the temp actually hit 50 and it was beautiful. Today is fairly warm too but tonight will be a different story for sure. I got in 40 minutes so I'm counting it as 3 miles but I'm not exactly sure. It's HARD to run outdoors! I got spoiled on the treadmill.

I'm going to ride this last winter bump out because I know this is the last hurrah. I can feel Spring lurking just around the corner. :cloud9:

Stay motivated, everyone! Almost bikini time. ;)

novangel
03-11-2014, 03:42 PM
I was on here many months ago and am ready to recommit! Today I took a walk in our hilly neighborhood before anyone was up (so peaceful). I also survived (barely) an hour long strength class at the gym. I need to work on my stamina, but I know it will come with consistency. It is great to be back :)

Welcome back! :welcome: :wave:

Radiojane
03-11-2014, 05:25 PM
I'm starting to understand why volunteering and charity work is dying out. I'm sitting on the board of a non profit, and it's so thankless at this point. Our monthly meeting is tomorrow, and I had to get stuff ready for it today. My head hurts from the tension just one morning of dealing with it causes!

Weight was down about .2 this morning. I liked it better at 5pm yesterday. I was down 3 more pounds then :p

Yesterday I did 30 minutes in the pool. I had to get groceries so bf walked the dog.

Food wasn't great - I had sushi for lunch because it was convenient and I shared a few of bf's nachos, but I also had a tilapia filet and brussel sprouts for supper. I figure calories at about 1700.

Today lunch was REALLY BAD, I had a dagwood for lunch because I forgot my wallet when I left for the gym. Supper will be good though. Chicken thigh and some steamed broccoli.

Did 25 minutes in the pool and will walk the dog tonight.

kelijpa
03-11-2014, 08:05 PM
Ian I have to give you some kudos for working through your unexpected gain as well as you have. I wonder if I would have had the strength to keep going. I guess that's our only alternative, right?! I'm not going back to that unhealthy lifestyle. Anyway, just wanted to say I'm proud of you!

Alaskan I hate to say this, but I think you have a bad shoe. Can you exchange them? I had a pair of New Balance that were rubbing in a weird spot, Giving me a blister above my instep, I couldn't get past it, I took them back and told them to mark them as damaged, I got another pair same size and style no problems. Best of luck.

Weather was nice today so after the eye dr. DH and I went to the rail trail, so for a treat we got a shamrock shake and split it, hate to break it to you, but a large shake is 820 calories, thank goodness we split it, I have 36 calories left...it was good but probably won't get another one of those until next year :lol:

Hope everyone's having a great day :sunny:

thekiwi
03-11-2014, 10:05 PM
Had a good day today! Busy with work.

B: Smoothie with protein powder, plain yogurt, almond milk, frozen berries, spinach, pumpkin seeds.

L: Salmon with spinach salad

S: plum, baby carrots

D: Greek yogurt with berries and toasted walnuts, almonds and pumpkin seeds.

Workout: Wasn't able to get out of bed for an early morning workout again.. Thankfully I was able to make it to the gym after work! I don't love doing weights in the evening because it is always SO busy with so many guys. I'm still working on that... So I did 15 minutes on the arc trainer and then a spin class (50 min). Some quality time with the foam roller afterwards.

Aaaand my weight was back down to 148.0 after a rest day! It may be up again tomorrow because of spin but I'm trying to drink lots of water this evening.

Just want to say I'm really enjoying this thread - reading about other people's days and such. :)

Larry H
03-11-2014, 10:53 PM
I had a Great day today, My total calories were 1,015 which is well under my 1,700 goal. :D:D

I modified my dinner today using Volumetrics principles. I took 2/3 cup of beef stroganoff and I added 1 3/4 cup of green beans, 1 3/4 cup of stewed tomatoes and spices. This made a "HUGE MEAL" with only 452 calories. It was very tasty and filling.

Lunch
Spaghetti, 1 serving

Dinner
Kraft Velveeta Cheesy Skillets Creamy Beef Stroganoff, 2/3 cup
Cayenne Pepper - Ground, 1 tsp
Fresh-Finds Cajun Seasoning, 1 tsp
Garlic - Powder, 1 tsp
Great Value - Cut Green Beans (No Salt Added), 1 3/4 Cup
Del Monte - - Canned Stewed Tomatoes - No Salt Added, 1 3/4 cup

Waterbunny77
03-11-2014, 10:57 PM
Hi Diana and everyone!

B: 2 pieces of dry toast and 1 cup of vanilla yogurt
L: Pinto beans with Italian sausage added
D: 1/2 peanut butter and raisen sandwich.

Surprised I was not hungry today, just a tad, good for me! :carrot::carrot:

jennykay
03-11-2014, 11:41 PM
Back again today! Quads are screaming after my strength class despite my stretching yesterday. I still managed a morning walk (shorter and on flatter terrain) and attended a yoga class.

I have incorporated much more fresh produce than normal into my diet the last 2 days and I feel so much better as a result. I need to just make sure to keep ingredients in stock so they are easy to consume :)

IanG
03-11-2014, 11:46 PM
Thanks kelijpa. I still do not know what caused the gain though.

I think it was one of three things.

It could have been due to reducing my running. I used to run 6 miles a day but that was burning me out so I cut down to 3. Much more manageable.

Or it could have been giving up the beer. Here is why...I eat a lot of sodium. Beer is a diuretic. So giving up beer could have made me gain water weight from the sodium.

Or it could have just been sodium period. In Thailand I ate a lot. But a lot of fresh fish, rather than canned.

I guess time will tell.

Diana3271
03-12-2014, 12:05 AM

We just got home, so I will catch up with everyone tomorrow :tired:

I wanted something with a Mexican flavor but didn't want all the calories or sodium. I found something at Jason's deli that was in a good calorie/sodium range. It was a new item for me and it tasted really good.

Total Approx 1410 calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (640 Calories)
Ranchero Wrap 520 calories
steamed veggies 60 calories
fruit cup 60 calories

Exercise:
GYBB Total Body Torch w/5's
GYBB Firm & Fab Abs
GYBB Stretch & Tone Yoga
Cardio from TJ Kick Punch & Jam

Skettihead03
03-12-2014, 12:12 AM
Hi everybody! :dizzy:

Diana - I am not sure if the protein I'm getting Is enough. I started incorporating just a little meat, 1 serving a day. This might help. :)

Hows the weather where you're at? It was gorgeous today and really felt like spring. Unfortunately I spent the day sleeping for 5 measly hours then coming in to work a 16 hour shift with my window-less office. So boo to that!

Weigh in 312.6 - finally a little down. Hey I'll take what I can get.

B - 1 cup plain yogurt
L - 6" Subway oven roasted chicken on flat bread
D - veggie burger with side of raw broccoli & celery
S - 1 granny smith apple and 1 orange

Exercise - none today! Crazy working hours and all. I plan to kick butt tomorrow though! :carrot:

kelijpa
03-12-2014, 06:51 AM
Good morning all, down 1 to 156.6, not looking forward to upcoming weather, but the end is in sight, spring is coming, yesterday was beautiful.

B- oats, low sugar vanilla almond milk, poached egg
L- spring mix, sprouts, 5 bean salad, salmon, Italian, balsamic
S- 2 oranges
D- shrimp and veg
E- walk at work exercise bike

Hope everyone has a great day :sunny:

Psychic
03-12-2014, 08:23 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 2095
Today's Weight: 176.4

B - Chocolate Chip Belvita Cookie + Caramel Cappuccino K-Cup
S - Parmesan & Herbs Almonds
L - Turkey Reuben Sandwich + Red Grapes + Skim Milk
S - Sweet Potato Chips
D - Chicken Nuggets + Onion Rings + Homemade Mac & Cheese
S - Ice Cream Cake + Cheesecake

Exercise: 15 Minutes Strength Training (-60) + 10 Minutes Elliptical (-110)

I did well yesterday... Until my family decided to surprise me with both Ice Cream Cake and Cheesecake for my birthday, which is today. I was already a little bit over my calories due to the Mac & Cheese, but the cake just pushed me waaaay over. Oh well. Just gotta get back on track today.

Diana3271
03-12-2014, 08:40 AM
Psychic :celebrate::bday2you::celebrate:

Diana3271
03-12-2014, 08:42 AM
Good Morning, Everyone!

I have really struggled this week with getting up. I already have problems with that and it seems like it has been compounded by the time change. :tired:

Calories for yesterday: 1410 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 164.6

Have a great day!

miniapplecocoa
03-12-2014, 10:27 AM
Good Morning everyone!

I've been MIA these last few days. I miss getting on here. Funny spring always gets people reminded that they have a stinky, hairy, dirty Dog in there face begging to go outside. I saw dogs this week I haven't seen for six months LOL!

I was disappointed yesterday at weigh in. 218# which is about a .4 to .6 loss for me but...SIGH. I guess the quick weight loss party is over. Oh well.

I got my new BP cuff and I been checking my blood sugars regularly over these last 4 weeks. I AM SO EXCITED because both are so close to normal all the "dieting" IS paying off. Just this is enough to keep me motivated even if the "weight" is moving slowly. Whew!

Lastly, I finally went off program for the 1st time in a month or more. My friend bought me some ribs from Rudolph's. I ate a very moderate portion. OMG they were tasty! The craving came back to pig out but I did not.

I'ma just keep plugging along.

Remember to have the most beautiful day you are able to!

miniapplecocoa
03-12-2014, 10:37 AM
Hi Diana, I'm having a harder time going to bed this year with the change. Its tough. I hope it levels out for you soon. The only thing better than eating to me is sleeping. LOL! Have a beautiful day.

MotivatingFox
03-12-2014, 10:48 AM
New hear :)

I read the blog a lot, thought it is time I joined in.

I write a daily motivation email (Mon - Fr) for fun. It started with just a few girlfriends but has grown and grown. I don't get anything out of it, all just for fun (and to keep me on track).

I am a little bit of a party girl, a party girl that wants to be fit, healthy and still have loads of fun. If accidentally drinking 8 cocktails and then some pizza resonates with you, join in :)

If anyone is interested, PM me

Lets do this!

LittleMissNiki
03-12-2014, 10:59 AM
New hear :)

I read the blog a lot, thought it is time I joined in.

I write a daily motivation email (Mon - Fr) for fun. It started with just a few girlfriends but has grown and grown. I don't get anything out of it, all just for fun (and to keep me on track).

I am a little bit of a party girl, a party girl that wants to be fit, healthy and still have loads of fun. If accidentally drinking 8 cocktails and then some pizza resonates with you, join in :)

If anyone is interested, PM me

Lets do this!

hi there welcome to forum and good luck with ur healthy journey!r u following a particular plan?ur weight loss is brill from ur info bit!well done!:-)

Radiojane
03-12-2014, 12:36 PM
Happy birthday Psychic!

DianaWe don't do the time change, but I remember when I was living in MB what havoc that wreaked on my system. I couldn't get out of bed either!

Down about .6 this morning. Still have a lot of water weight to go, but I'm not really pushing all that hard carb wise. Ketosis would bring it off faster, but I don't see the point of getting into Ketosis only to crash out of it on Friday and again on Sunday at my mom's.

Taking today off from swimming because I had no power in my workout yesterday and I wound up with sore shoulder and a dull headache that just wouldn't go away. Until my shoulder is 100%, I may have to go every other day.

Yesterday calories: 1850

Dagwood sandwich for lunch on the fly -no sushi at the store :(
Broccoli and a little greek dip
Brussel Sprouts
Chicken thigh and leg
salted dark chocolate
About 3 spoonfuls of bf's blizzard.

Exercise: 25 minute swim & 25 minute walk with dog.

IanG
03-12-2014, 12:51 PM
Up 0.4lbs today to 163.2lbs. I am still watching my diet like a hawk. No snacks or cheats right now. I am not so much worried about the calories but I think the sodium from an extra tin of fish pushes me over into bloat, especially on my legs.

I ran like the wind this morning. Running in the 160s is a different league to running in the 170s so that is motivation enough for me to stick in this decade.

Calories will be about 1500 today. I go to Belgium next week for work. The trick there will be to find a grocery store and buy fish to eat in my hotel room. The hotel has a gym but no treadmill so I am planning outside runs.

Breakfast
oats 5 300 8 54
Flaxseed milk 4 38 0 2
dried apricot 0 32 0 9
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Coffee 3 25 0 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Chipotle Cod 3 171 39 0
Roland Marimated Mussels 8 150 22 0
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 100 10 10

Total 54 1552 145 124
Weight 163.2
Protein/weight ratio 0.89
Calories 2285 2611
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 34 52
20% less calories to cut 1828

Exercise: Ran 3.5 miles before work. Will do 50 minutes weight training with a friend before lunch.

plumprunner
03-12-2014, 01:35 PM
I'm new around these parts, so I'm just going to jump in. :wave:

Yesterday: Net Calories 1022 (Gross 1612)
Today's Weight: 144.8 (Up 0.8)

Breakfast: 365
Yogurt, Greek, Strawberry, Nonfat
6 Ounces

Granola, Natural
1/4 Cup

Banana, Medium, 7" - 7 7/8; Long
1 Each

Lunch: 350
Chicken, Fried, Thigh, w/ Skin, Fried in Flour
1 Each

Carrots, Baby, Organic
3 Ounces

Roasted Potatoes
3/4 Serving

Dinner: 650
Burrito, Big, Pork
1 Each

Snacks: 248
Crackers, Animal, Original
7 Each

40 Minute Brownies
1 Serving

Exercise: 590
Running
5.2 mph (11.5 min mile)
1 Hour 5 Min

My weight the last few days has been on a roller coaster. I've been as low as 141.8 and as high as 145.2. Stop the ride, I want to get off!! :dizzy:

ycarijo
03-12-2014, 02:06 PM
New here, but do need accountability!! Began Medifast a week ago, 5+1. Had 5 great days and then 2 bad ones. Yesterday was better.
Today I am determined to stay on program!! Anybody else doing the Medifast?

Syckgirlsfv
03-12-2014, 04:26 PM
all newbies :wel3fc::welcome::welcome3:

just a quick post, as I have to work on some accounting problems since finals are next week!

B - instant re-fried beans w/egg whites and green salsa
L - low carb wrap w/deli roast beef, light jarlberg, baby spinach, and grey poupon
S - fuji apple
D - hmmm...not sure! I have a big package of ground beef that was in my freezer for a while...I got it out so I would do something with it. I'm thinking of cooking it and mixing with rotel for tacos. Asparagus on the side of whatever I do with it!

some kind of exercise after work...either bike ride or maybe squats with DH at home. we'll see! VEGAS in 96 days :carrot::carrot::carrot:

alaskanlaughter
03-12-2014, 06:46 PM
i did another 30 minutes of highest incline walking on the treadmill today...i found that it pushes my heart rate up as far as running does, especially when i don't hold onto the handlebars...my shoes are still iffy but hurt less today then they have before so we'll see...

i'm juggling finances to make sure we can go back to the village for brother in law's 40-day party....it's a native belief that the spirit stays for 40 days and then we do a ceremony and release his spirit to continue on...it's another family gathering although smaller than the one for his services...i really miss being up there :(

interesting to read the talk about the time change here...it actually made no difference to me and i'm even waking up better then i was before the time change....and i go to bed at my usual time....i was expecting it to be harder...weird

thekiwi
03-12-2014, 08:05 PM
Okay day today. This morning I weighed in at 146.4 which was super surprising!

B: plain yogurt with blackberry, strawberry, kiwi, some walnuts and pumpkin seeds.
L: Grazed over the afternoon and at a meeting - Plum, Apple, walnuts, a few crackers with cheese, three cookies (yeah, I know.), some fruit.
Workout: 35 minutes arctrainer, 45 minutes weights (whole body workout, big lift was squats)
D: I should have had a proper dinner with eggs or something but I was craving a smoothie. So I had a smoothie with frozen berries, spinach, almond milk, chia, pumpkin and sunflower seeds.

Cals today were about 1600 altogether.

I need to work on eating more vegetables and protein. I was high on the carb end of things and low on protein. I definitely could have had just one cookie, or none. At least I made it to the gym!

Waterbunny77
03-12-2014, 10:03 PM
Hi everyone!

B: 1 piece of toast with a tsp of jelly
chocolate

L: Hot dog on a flatbread with ketchup
Handful of chips

D: Package of vegetables (carrots, broccoli and cauliflower) with butter
1 piece of bread

S: Half cheese sandwich

:):D

miniapplecocoa
03-12-2014, 10:34 PM
New here, but do need accountability!! Began Medifast a week ago, 5+1. Had 5 great days and then 2 bad ones. Yesterday was better.
Today I am determined to stay on program!! Anybody else doing the Medifast?

hello, I'm not strictly Medifast anymore, I have switched to Wonderslim but I'm toying with going back to Medifast. I was doing the 4+2+1 but never ate the 1. Following the Medifast program with other products is a little bit different because of the variation in the calorie counts of the products. I find it difficult to get all my calories in. So, in the interest of EASY...I'm toying with going back. Also, the Medifast food never makes me want to over eat. Most of it is so yucky, I rather not have more. LOL! This make the program easier to follow for me.

I've had one day off plan. Yesterday I ate some fatty ribs. I started strict Medifast on Feb 3 and have lost about 19lbs. Its been hard as H*LL for me and I make no bones about it. I stayed hungry/sick for 2 weeks. I have been in ketosis everyday since feb 3. I check everyday with ketostix. I have also stopped the rapid loss as of this week.

This almost daily posting to this site has helped to keep me on point as well. I like it over here better than the TSFL board. LOL, this site is my coach.
Welcome to the forum.

Diana3271
03-12-2014, 10:37 PM

Miniapplecocoa Great job on the the improved BP and blood sugars! :carrot:

MotivatingFox Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

LittleMissNiki Hi :wave:

Radiojane Great job on the .6! I hope your shoulder is feeling better soon.

Ian Since you have traveled extensively, if you could pick out a couple of places for your family to experience, which ones would it be?

Plumprunner Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Ycarijo Hi and welcome to the check-in. :welcome2: I count calories. Good luck with your program.

Syckgirlsfv Your meals sound great today. Lot's of flavor.

Alaskanlaughter Maybe some day you will get a chance to visit the village on a regular basis.

Thekiwi It looks like you enjoyed the cookies, but in moderation. That's a good thing.

Waterbunny Good job checking in.

Diana3271
03-12-2014, 10:39 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 calories)
Grilled chicken breast 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
GYBB Pyramid Power w/5's
GYBB Core Strength
LM Sports Attack

Larry H
03-12-2014, 11:05 PM
Calories today are 1,150 well below my 1,700 goal. I have been below goal every day since 12/30/2013 :carrot: I credit Volumetrics for this success because I am never hungry with the large low calorie dense meals that I eat.

I have been studying the book "The Ultimate Volumetrics Diet" and I read a suggestion to try new and unusual vegetables. That appealed to me so I made up my own "Bucket List" of vegetables that I either do not, or seldom use when cooking at home. My plan is to look for these in the market and search new recipes to try them in. Doing this will really increase the variety in my menus.

Bok Choy
Leek
Parsnips
Rutabagas
Artichokes
Belgian Endive
Chives
Fava Beans
Mustard Greens
Radicchio
Ramps
Sorrel
Swiss Chard
Watercress
Black Salsify
Chayote Squash
Delicata Squash
Diakon Radish
Jerusalem Artichoke
Kohlrabi
Turnips
Yucca Root
Galangal Root
Celeriac (Celery Root)
Broccolini
Amaranth
Cactus

Syckgirlsfv
03-12-2014, 11:27 PM
Hello again! Rode my bike with DH for 45 minutes...we ride at a good pace and it's very up and down with little hills and long upgrades. Conservatively I say burned around 350 to 400 calories :D
Cooking the ground beef and rotel for tacos...gotta get started!

Skettihead03
03-12-2014, 11:36 PM
Hey all! :dizzy:

Not a great day today. I noticed that once I let myself get to that starving hungry point, I make poor choices. I worked 12.5 hours Monday night, went home and slept 5 hours, went back in and worked 16 more. By the time I got home this morning, slept, woke up and took care of business, I was starving. Fiance wanted to go to the golden corral which I should have said no, but I went. So I ate nothing today but dinner, and I only had one plate. So could have been worse.

Weigh in 312.0 (-.6)

B, L, S - Nothing
D - Pot roast, mashed potatoes, pulled pork, 1 roll with honey butter. 1 small bowl ice cream.

I plan to portion my meals out for tomorrow tonight so no off-course food for this girl!

IanG
03-12-2014, 11:38 PM
Thanks Diana.

The nicest places I have been are Barbados and Mauritius, in that order.

The best food I have eaten was in Thailand, Madagascar and (the Calabash restaurant in) Swaziland.

Best pizza...Malawi.

Psychic
03-13-2014, 08:17 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1635
Today's Weight: DNW

B - 1/2 Slice Cheesecake + Canadian Bacon & Egg White Breakfast Sandwich
S - Avocado
L - LC Montery Jack Jalepeno Stuffed Pretzels + Fiber One Lemon Bar
S - 1 Slice Cheesecake
D - Homemade Mac & Cheese + Italian Sweet Sausage

Gotta eat the birthday cheesecake before it spoils. The rest of the ice cream cake is in the freezer, so that will keep longer. We had bad weather last night, so my boyfriend is taking me to dinner tonight for my birthday.

Diana3271
03-13-2014, 08:28 AM

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)

Weigh In: 164.4

Have a great day!

IanG
03-13-2014, 11:40 AM
Up 1.4lbs today to 164.6lbs. Ouch. Calories will be about 1700 today. I hope I get a loss tomorrow.

Breakfast
oats 5 300 8 54
Flaxseed milk 4 38 0 2
dried apricot 0 32 0 9
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Coffee 3 25 0 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Albacore tuna 20 400 56 0
Cockles 1 50 8 4
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 100 10 10

Total 57 1701 163 131
Weight 164.6
Protein/weight ratio 0.99
Calories 2304 2634
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 38 57
20% less calories to cut 1844

Exercise: Did 1 hour boxing before work. Will do 50 minutes weight training before lunch.

Radiojane
03-13-2014, 12:36 PM
Up .5 this morning, but that's not shocking. My food was beyond bad yesterday. 2900 calories (which is still under my bmr - but still, yikes!) I ate out all three meals, and I could have made better choices. I think because I was anticipating stress at my meeting & because my bf was out of town, and I always binged when he was gone. Oh well. Live and learn.

Exercise was 30 minutes walk with the dog.

miniapplecocoa
03-13-2014, 12:54 PM
Good Morning everyone,

I had those leftover ribs for dinner but to my surprise, I was down a little this morning. I been keeping the portion small on the ribs so its ok I guess. I do feel sluggish from them tho. I just can't waste that much money on food. Whew glad they are gone.

No formal exercise yesterday. Taking care of my DD who is visiting. She is the food/nutrition guru of my life but is HIGH HIGH maintenance in most other areas.

I'll be glad to get back to just me and the dogs. Never knew how much peace in the house effected how I see the world. Soooooo, extremely grateful for it now. LOL! Have the best day you are able to!

Diana I know I know I thanked you before but I'ma thank you again today. This thread really makes a difference.

thekiwi
03-13-2014, 12:55 PM
Weighed in today at 145.6.. Down again. I can think of a few reasons why I'm losing weight (finally) at a somewhat faster rate than I would expect. I had gained ten pounds over five months while on the birth control pill and I stopped taking that about a month ago. Around the same time I also started taking an antidepressant, and my binge-eating is no longer a daily (nightly) thing. I'm eating regular meals, and have the motivation to exercise. I had a thought, yesterday, about going back to old habits and trying to skip dinner or cutting out fruit but this is working so far, I feel better, and I'm eating what appeals to me (which thankfully is good, whole food).

B/L: Same old plain greek yogurt with fresh berries, kiwi, seeds and walnuts.
I also had a bit of dark chocolate.

Workout: went to a spin class. I actually feel like I could have done some more, like I have more energy to burn.

I'm going for tea with some friends and I hope there won't be snacks. Then I'm going to my parents for dinner, I think we are having homemade hot and sour soup - I may be up tomorrow due to salt but I'll keep drinking water to prep for that!

I hope everyone is having a good end of their week! I'm looking forward to the weekend. I'm thinking about signing up for a cross country ski race (loppet) - I'm not very good (nor very fast) but I think it would be fun. I would rather make the most of the lingering snow than continue to complain about it!

Syckgirlsfv
03-13-2014, 01:00 PM
morning :wave::wave::wave:

made tacos with the beef last night - added rotel to the ground beef along with dehydrated onions and a lot of spices and herbs. YUM! Used Old El Paso Stand and Stuff shells, lite sour cream, black beans mixed with salsa, and fresh cut tomatoes. beyond delicious! :hun:

Rode our bikes for 45 minutes, good calorie burn!

Today's menu:
B - re-fried beans/egg whites/green salsa
L - deli sliced roast beef sandwich on toasted sourdough with baby spinach and lite jarlsberg
S - plum
D - most likely tacos with the leftovers from last night...got my last night of instruction for my accounting class tonight.

no exercise as I'll be in school until 10. :book2:

Larry H
03-13-2014, 02:11 PM
The nicest places I have been are Barbados and Mauritius, in that order.

Ian I never made it to Barbados but I spent time in Port Louis, Mauritius and toured the local area. You did not discover any Dodo Birds while you were there did you?

Marniadec
03-13-2014, 04:35 PM
Hey guys, I'm joining again. I managed to kick my addiction to Cheetos. I'd gotten to the point where I'd promised myself that I'd save 2 euros for every day that I didn't eat any and even that didn't work! But then I went vegan for a week (Greek Orthodox Church stuff) and after that I got strep throat, so I didn't eat any for over two weeks. I don't think I'll ever touch them again. :p I also lost most of the regain while I was sick. I've been doing well for the past few days and I hope I can keep it up.

Breakfast: An egg, 1 slice of bacon, 10 grams of regato cheese, coffee.
Lunch: Beef, pasta, marinara sauce, salad
Dinner: Dessert my dad brought and I couldn't resist.
So, I'm at 972 calories.

sherma
03-13-2014, 05:19 PM
Busy week. Sick kiddos, snow days, and lots of work.
Monday- 216
Tuesday 216.5
Wednesday 216
Thursday 217

Not getting too freaked out about scale up and down because I have been eating on plan so trying to accept a normal ebb and flow. Last week I was down 6 pounds at weigh in. This reminded me of how much I must be eating when I am not paying attention and how much so relatively small, but huge for me, changes can make a big difference. Not expecting such a big change this week but glad to be on the right track. Thanks.

plumprunner
03-13-2014, 07:58 PM
Yesterday: Net Calories 1743 (Gross 1743); 276 over budget :club:
Today's Weight: 142.8 (Up 2.0)
Exercise: None (Too windy for run)

Breakfast: 365 calories
Greek yogurt, 1/4 cup granola and banana

Lunch: 352 calories
Tin of sardines, 7 saltine crackers, baby carrots and a peach

Dinner: 382 Calories
3-ish ounces of grilled pork chop, fruit salsa, cup of steamed red potatoes

Snacks: 644 Calories
Apple and cheese, brownie, mixed nuts and 100-cal worth of candy.

Snacks got the better of me today. I would have been OK if I had made it out for my run, but 40-mph winds are not my idea of a good run. Better luck with today's eating.

Diana3271
03-13-2014, 09:17 PM
HI Everyone! :wave:

Larry Good job on the calories. There are a few veggies on there that I have never heard of.

Skettihead I can totally relate. I cannot let myself get hungry or I will make poor decisions. (Like eat everything around me. No really, I will do that. :o It gets ugly. I also get a really bad attitude.) It sounds like you did well, though.

Psychic Enjoy your birthday dinner!

Ian Are you still enjoying the boxing?

Radiojane Today is a new day. Most of that gain was probably sodium from eating out.

Miniapplecocoa I know it's not exactly the same, but similar. I was used to doing my own thing for a couple years after our Magnum (lab) passed away. I was eager to get a new puppy (Cody), but OMG! did he cramp my style and make me feel totally frantic! He still does, but I love him dearly.

Thekiwi It sounds like things are really looking up and your lifestyle change is working for you.

Syckgirlsfv Another good day for you!

Marniadec Welcome back! It's good to see you.

Sherma Daily fluctuations happen. Keep working you plan and look for an overall downward trend.

Plumprunner I hope the weather cooperates and you can get that run in.

Diana3271
03-13-2014, 09:20 PM
Total Approx 1470 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 calories
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner 700 calories
Grilled mahi tacos 600 calories
sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 45 EZ
GYBB 60 Second Slimdown
GYBB Metabolism Boost

Syckgirlsfv
03-13-2014, 10:00 PM
I just wanted to report my actual dinner cause it changed! Had leftover barilla veggie pasta with leftover taco meat...yum! Calories staying low but weight creeping down ever do slowly ;(. Ugh I may have to do SBD phase 1 to drop some!

IanG
03-13-2014, 10:02 PM
No dodos Larry but certainly some colored sands on the south of the island and some giant tortoise and lillies at jardin pamplemousse.

Diana, I like boxing the most. It's exercise. But a practical exercise in that you learn how to smack the crap out of someone. Could prove useful some day!

Combined with running, boxing gives me a lot of confidence. There are not many places I won't walk now 'cos I can either beat up an intruder or run away so fast (s)he won't catch me!

I'd love to see someone try to mug a runner.

Catch me if you can.

miniapplecocoa
03-13-2014, 10:55 PM
Diana, it is the same thing "frantic" is a good word! LOL!

Ian you are so funny! LOL!

Waterbunny77
03-13-2014, 11:04 PM
Hi guys, checking in for today :D

B: Oatmeal and 1 small piece of cake
L: Small peanut butter and raisen sandwich
S: Egg Bagel with butter
D: Large caesar salad, 1 cup of hot tea with sugar
S: Peanuts and raisens