Weight Loss Support - Daily Accountability/Lifestyle Change - March 2014 - Everyone Welcome!

Larry H
03-14-2014, 12:05 AM
As I lose weight I am getting more healthy every day. Even my mail order pharmacy thinks so. I had to get authorization for one of my prescriptions and I received a letter from them stating.

"We have reviewed the information provided and approved the request. The authorization has been entered into the system. This authorization for coverage is effective until 12/31/2099."

Evidently my life expectancy has improved a great deal. I am 69 years old and now the pharmacy thinks I need approval for this medication until (2099), the year two thousand and ninety nine :D:carrot::D

It was a good day today. Only 970 Calories and a very low 671mg of sodium :D:carrot:

Lunch
Shrimp Alfredo, 1.5 cup

Dinner
White Rice Steamed, 1 cup
Del Monte Canned Stewed Tomatoes - No Salt Added, 3 1/2 cup
Great Value - Cut Green Beans (No Salt Added), 1 3/4 Cup
Broth - Chicken, Fat Free, Low Sodium, 1 Cup
Chicken - Breast (No Skin), 1.5 oz

Snacks
Granny Smith Apple, 1 medium
Ambrosia Apple, 1 Medium

Diana3271
03-14-2014, 06:17 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :yay:

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Calories for yesterday: 1470 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 164
Down: .4

Have a great Friday and start to your weekend!

Diana3271
03-14-2014, 06:20 AM
As I lose weight I am getting more healthy every day. Even my mail order pharmacy thinks so. I had to get authorization for one of my prescriptions and I received a letter from them stating.

"We have reviewed the information provided and approved the request. The authorization has been entered into the system. This authorization for coverage is effective until 12/31/2099."

Evidently my life expectancy has improved a great deal. I am 69 years old and now the pharmacy thinks I need approval for this medication until (2099), the year two thousand and ninety nine :D:carrot::D

Dang! I'm in deep doo doo then! :D My Synthroid was only approved for 3 years! I guess I am going to check out sooner than I thought! ;) I knew I should have stayed with the old insurance company and pharmacy. You try to save some money and it ends up biting you in the A$$! :rofl:

Diana3271
03-14-2014, 06:26 AM
Diana, I like boxing the most. It's exercise. But a practical exercise in that you learn how to smack the crap out of someone. Could prove useful some day!

Combined with running, boxing gives me a lot of confidence. There are not many places I won't walk now 'cos I can either beat up an intruder or run away so fast (s)he won't catch me!

I'd love to see someone try to mug a runner.

Catch me if you can.

Ha Ha Agreed! I have been in weird situations and my mind runs through the MMA, boxing, and kickboxing moves that I know. I also think this knowledge gives you an air of confidence that you portray and a person is less likely to mess with you.

Marniadec
03-14-2014, 10:47 AM
So, I exercise at home. I don't do any strength training but I walk for an hour every day. I walk as fast as I do when I'm outside. I thought that I walked slowly but it turns out it normally takes me 10 minutes to walk a mile. If I walk that fast inside the house I need to eat at least 1630 calories every day and I've been eating around 1000. Could that be why I get worn out and have to stop dieting so often? I'm thinking about upping my calories but it scares me a little... I get pretty good results when I'm dieting and undereating by 600 calories could explain it. But I just find it hard to believe that I burn so many calories. And I don't want to stall my weight loss even more. I don't know what to do.

Breakfast: 1 egg, 1 slice of bacon, 10 grams of grated regato cheese and coffee.
Lunch: Spanakorizo (green leafy vegetables, a bit of rice, tomato and onions) and lahanokeftedes. The same vegetables mixed with a bit of flour and olive oil and baked.
Dinner: Yogurt with some corn flakes and a bit of honey.
So far I'm at 1032 calories. I might eat some more, although I'm scared to. :p

IanG
03-14-2014, 10:51 AM
I am up a pound today to 165.6lbs. I hope the climb stops here.

Did squats today for the first time at the gym. I normally do not do legs because of my running, but I am going to try to change that.

Calories will be about 1700 today.

Fat Calories Protein Carbs
Breakfast
oats 5 300 8 54
Flaxseed milk 4 38 0 2
dried apricot 0 32 0 9
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Polar Kippers 12 162 14 0
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Ekone lemon pepper oysters 6 165 17 12

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Vital choice canned sockeye 16 340 48 0
Wild planet shrimp 2 80 16 0
Ekone original oysters 5 165 17 11
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 100 10 10

Total 61 1651 145 127
Weight 165.6
Protein/weight ratio 0.88
Targets based on weight Low High
Calories 2318 2650
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 37 55
20% less calories to cut 1855

Exercise: Did 50 minutes weight training before work. Will run 3 miles outside before lunch.

plumprunner
03-14-2014, 11:56 AM
Yesterday: Net Calories 993 (Gross 1629); 472 under budget :D
Today's Weight: 142.8 (No Change) :rolleyes:

Yesterday:
Exercise: 6.2 Mile run - 636 calories :running:

Breakfast: 155 calories
1/2 Breakfast Burrito

Lunch: 620 calories
Subway 6" Italian BMT, bag of Sun Chips

Dinner: 587 Calories
Hearty Beef and Veggie Bowl, Tortilla Chips, Guacamole

Snacks: 267 Calories
Animal crackers, orange, dark chocolate Kisses

I had intended to eat a snack to supplement that light breakfast, but never had a chance. Therefore, I was starving by lunch and decided to go to Subway as my leftovers wouldn't have been enough.

alaskanlaughter
03-14-2014, 12:25 PM
it was a busy night last night with meetings and then family in town passing through....I got up at 5:30 a.m. to take her to the ferry heading home and then picked up DH's brother from his work at the mines...his brother has quit his job and is heading home to the village to work there and be closer to their mom....everyone wants us to move home too....but I REALLY am hesitant to give up everything we've worked for here and move once again....I mean, we both have super good, stable jobs here....I've been at my job for 10 years now and DH for at least 5...we bought our house, we each own our cars, the kids have roots in their schools and friends here....*sigh* it's a lot of thinking to do

Syckgirlsfv
03-14-2014, 01:57 PM
happy Friday:dance:!

quickly...

B - re-fried beans/egg whites/green salsa
L - low carb wrap w/roast beef/lite swiss/baby spinach/grey poupon
S - navel orange
D - not sure yet ;)

going to ride bikes today after work :D

working at Santa Monica Pier on Sunday - the temple I work for is having a carnival there for Purim and I have to help my boss count money. BUT, in return, I get to take Monday off! :):carrot::dancer::dancer:

Waterbunny77
03-14-2014, 09:06 PM
TGIF Everyone, hoping everyone is having a great night :D

B: Plain bagel/nuts and raisens
L: Steak
S: One bite of chocolate
D: Nuts/apple

Hopefully this will be it for the evening, I'm not hungry any longer :carrot:

thekiwi
03-14-2014, 09:08 PM
I'm bummed today. Didn't work out. Felt crappy. I was worried about work and didn't sleep well, and yesterday I ate too much at dinner. Today I ate too much chocolate when I didn't need to. I was also up to 148 today again. (I'm sure this had something to do with my mood....) Then I think, it's all water, I'm not losing anything, this is awful, what's the point, etc. etc. I also had the disappointment of seeing pictures of myself (tried on a bridesmaid's dress and it looks fine but I just feel so saaad about my body and my weight and how did it get this bad??). It's funny the tricks your mind plays, I feel like when I look in the mirror I don't look that different, but when I see pictures there is a BIG difference, I can really tell I've gained a lot of weight.

But I didn't binge, not really. I made some poor choices, I didn't make a huge effort to get a workout in (I went back and forth but I kind of thought, in the end, that a rest day might be good before the cross country ski race tomorrow, but I may have just been convincing myself). It could have been worse, I suppose. But it could have also been much better.

I just ate various things today - grazing. This happens when I stray from my plan and then try not to eat. So basically: plain/greek yogurt with berries and nuts (x3), baby carrots and hummus, 2/3 of a dark chocolate bar, 2 plums, one apple.

Tomorrow will be better. I'll eat real meals. I'll exercise, and I'll be outside. I hope I feel better. :(

laciemn
03-14-2014, 09:29 PM
Guys---okay, so I haven't been checking in or taking this whole diet thing seriously lately! Some days I do well, other days...yesterday, for instance! I had a 1/3 pound cheeseburger with slaw and chili, and then later I had a graham cracker with peanut butter and chocolate chips!

Today I've been good, except I did a bit of drinking. I threw back a couple whiskey sours...so good, but extra calories! Besides that, I had a bunch of chips at around 11, like 2-3 servings, subway around 3 (6 inch,ham/cheese but no mayo or oil), and for dinner i had a slice of sour dough bread with olive oil and four chicken strips. I am still kind of hungry, though. Dinner was very good considering its simplicity. I marinated the chicken in about 3 tbsp of teriyaki sauce and water for a couple of hours before cooking and it was really good!

I did buy a workout DVD today for when my internet is being terrible, which is nearly all day every day.

Syckgirlsfv
03-14-2014, 09:34 PM
I'm sitting outside about to have a porkchop, cheddar mashed potatoes, and broccoli at a little restaurant and I get to watch horses go by every now and then...I love my neighborhood :D. We rode our bikes for 40 minutes first and stopped to eat real quick...tried to upload pic but it failed ;(

Syckgirlsfv
03-14-2014, 11:03 PM
trying to upload pic I took...let's see if it works now! This is the neighborhood I live in :)

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/t1.0-9/1932286_10201958258214798_997901500_n.jpg

Diana3271
03-14-2014, 11:07 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Miniapplecocoa How long will your DD be visiting?

Waterbunny Hi :wave: Enjoy your weekend.

Marniadec I would increase my calories. It is so hard to maintain your focus when you eat lower calories.

Ian I'm wondering if the gain is from sodium? Do you could swap your breakfast/lunch? Maybe you could focus your breakfast on poached fresh seafood, like salmon. It only takes a few minutes to poach the seafood. Probably close to the same amount of time to cook the oats. You could easily microwave your oats (breakfast foods) in your office at work.

Plumprunner Great job on the run and your day.

Alaskanlaughter Good luck thinking things through. Those are tough decisions. Are there many job opportunities around the village?

Syckgirlsfv Enjoy working at the carnival. It sounds like you are having a wonderful evening.

Thekiwi Tomorrow is a new day. I hope getting outside will help.

Laciemn I workout to DVD's too. Which one did you get?

Diana3271
03-14-2014, 11:10 PM
Total Approx 1470 Calories + :coffee:

Breakfast (395 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
1/8 cup feta cheese 40 calories
Rudi's Whole Wheat English muffin 130 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Rudi's 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Flatz 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 calories
Honey mustard/Lettuce 25 calories
Raw Sugar Snap Peas 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Haddock 400 calories
turnip greens X 3 300 calories

Exercise:
GYBB Fat Blast Intervals
GYBB Gorgeous Glutes w/5's
Jackie Warners Crunchless Xtreme Abs (standing) in place of GYBB Firm & Fab Abs
TJ Fat Blaster

Diana3271
03-15-2014, 08:18 AM
Good Morning, Everyone!

Last night I added on: Legs Up the Wall Yoga Pose while listening to a mountain stream CD

I am feeling yesterday's ab workout this morning.

No change

I was kinda expecting a small gain because of the turnip greens from yesterday. That meal was higher in sodium.

Have a great day!

shr1nk1ngme
03-15-2014, 10:19 AM
I met a man last week who has lost forty pounds over a period of four years. That's right, he has lost ten pounds a year, and that was OK with him. He figures, if he can lose weight sloooowwwwly over a period of years just by making permanent lifestyle changes, then those changes will stick better.

I agree with that philosophy but I am personally too impatient to wait that long. On the other hand, it really is the best way. Any progress toward health is still progress, whether the scale shows it or not. Eating healthy and trying to be more active is ALWAYS worth it.
--
3/4:147.0
3/6: 145.6
3/8: 145.2
3/9: 144.2
3/11: 143.8
3/12: 143.0
3/14: 141.8
--
I had a nice loss this morning. 141.8! I had to step off the scale, reboot it, and step back on just to be sure. I haven't really been exercising excessively or changed my diet much at all. I did add a new supplement, an improved iron supplement called "Blood builder" because the plasma donation center told me my iron was almost too low to donate. Which I knew, I have always been chronically anemic even though I eat well and take various supplements, including iron and sublingual B12 (http://www.netrition.com/cgi/goto.cgi?aid=281&url=now_b12_liquid_page.html). Maybe the more absorbable iron helped improve my metabolism. As I get closer to goal, mini-whooshes are few and far between.

laciemn
03-15-2014, 11:39 AM
Well, my weight is back up to 163! Oh well. I suppose I expected some gain because of the way I've been eating. Diana, wow, you sure do work out a lot! I got Mike Chang's Six Pack Shortcuts. It's too hard for me, but I guess it's doable by doing modified push ups and stuff. Even the warm up had push ups! ARGH!

I want to start revving up my fitness efforts. Thus far, I've put in a meager effort inconsistently. I'm not going to go crazy, but I need to make a solid plan that is consistent so that I have somewhere to make improvement from. Improvement in physical activities, for me, is extremely motivating when it's obvious. However, if I am not improving performance, I don't feel excited at all about exercise. I feel like it's a waste of time unless I have a specific and measurable goals to achieve.

I've messed up a few times and shirked off my responsibilities for too long. It's catching up to me--I've got to change and take responsibility for myself and stop messing around and wasting time.

Diana3271
03-15-2014, 12:31 PM
Diana, wow, you sure do work out a lot!

The GYBB workouts are only 10 minutes each. But, they are pretty intense. Yesterday's workouts totaled 65 minutes, so that's not too bad.

alaskanlaughter
03-15-2014, 01:07 PM
I had a very busy day yesterday and today will be easier, just house cleaning etc to do...i'm not going to the gym, my calves are super sore from all the incline walking that I've been doing....so it's "rest" and by rest I mean, get everything else done LOL

IanG
03-15-2014, 04:02 PM
Thanks Diana. It probably is the sodium. I will try to eat more fresh.

Up 0.4lbs to 166lbs today. Calories will be about 1700. I fly tomorrow to Brussels for the week. Hopefully I can get some good, fresh seafood there.

Breakfast
oats 5 300 8 54
Flaxseed milk 4 38 0 2
dried apricot 0 32 0 9
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Wild Planet Sardines 5 183 33 0
Coffee 3 25 0 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Pan-seared shad roe 16 275 36 3
Millers jumbo lump crab 1 120 26 0
Ekone habanero oysters 6 165 20 9
anchovies 2 65 10 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 100 10 10

Total 54 1646 165 129
Weight 166
Protein/weight ratio 0.99
Calories 2324 2656
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 37 55
20% less calories to cut 1859

Exercise: Did 1 hour weight training. Ran 3.5 miles.

kelijpa
03-15-2014, 04:10 PM
Hello all, I'm in a kind of maintenance stage, not thrilled about it, but have to accept this is where I'm at.

laciemn I've found the monthly exercise challenge thread in "chicks up for a challenge" keeps me motivated, you spoke about measurable goals, some people shoot for a certain number of miles or minutes exercised for the month, I find having to post that I didn't make it keeps me moving, you could check it out and see if it might help.

Larry I saw rutabaga on your list, I have recently been dicing a rutabaga, a sweet potato and a couple carrots, peeling and throwing in a bunch of cloves of garlic and a diced onion, I put them in a bowl drizzle some olive oil so they all get a bit, with some smoky chipotle seasoning, roast at 400 for about a half hour mixing it around once about half way through, it is delicious and very satisfying, fills you up, and hearty enough I usually just have that. It makes 2 9x13 casseroles, sometimes we have leftover, sometimes not.

Ian sounds like the sodium is getting you for sure, I'm always saying to DH "are you drinking enough water?" I wonder if maybe some type of decaf tea or a food that is a natural diuretic might help keep you from holding on to the water. Otherwise it sounds like you are doing great keeping on your program and getting in your exercise. As usual Diana had a great suggestion I wouldn't have thought of.

thekiwi :hug: know you are not alone, working through the mental challenges are just as hard some days or harder than watching what you eat. And just like watching what you eat, be proud of the progress that you make on those challenging days, not having a full on binge, getting back on plan the next day rather than a few days later are things to be proud of. Keep up the good work!

Best to all :sunny:

Marniadec
03-15-2014, 06:01 PM
IanG could it be the squats? You could be retaining and that's why you're up a pound. Or maybe salt?

alaskanlaughter that's a difficult decision to make. Would you be able to find jobs? And sell your house? Why would you have to move?

Syckgirlsfv working at the carnival should be fun! And that's a pretty horse!

thekiwi Oh come on, you could've done worse! You'll do better tomorrow.

laciemn If you think your internet is terrible, you should see mine! I once ran into an add for internet services in Britain and what is considered to be the fastest and most expensive internet speed here was offered for 5 pounds. :p Diet and drinking isn't a good combination, is it? It just seems like useless calories. I'm still on antibiotics but I'm already worried about it ruining my diet in a few days...

Diana3271 I've been thinking of adding strength training but I dread the water retention... How are those dvd's on the knees? If they only last 10 minutes each, maybe I could handle a couple.

shr1nk1ngme it has taken me almost 4 years to lose 100 pounds. I take long breaks very often. I'd like to have this over with sooner but I'm fine with the way I'm progressing. I've learned to maintain, I've memorized the calories in *everything* I usually eat, I've had the time to teach myself to eat better and I haven't deprived myself of everything. But yeah, I can't believe I had the patience to stick with it for all these years. I'm chronically and severely anemic, too. I don't even take iron because I don't think that my body knows what it is anymore. I get all the side effects but my iron levels keep plummetting. I just read that iron can't be absorbed without copper and I'm thinking about trying that. I have iron and probiotic enzymes sitting around and I might buy some spiroulina. But I don't know where I'll find the time for iron between coffee and t4 and t3...

kelijpa I enter maintenance stage every other week or so. But I always come back. :p So just keep at it.

I ate more yesterday. I had another serving of spanakorizo with tirosalata and then I also ate cereal. I was honestly starving. I ate almost at maintenance but I lost 1.5 lb today. I had to step on the scale 4 times because I couldn't believe it. I'm wondering if it means that I need to eat more. I walked for 3 hours today and I did eat more. I had to have a cup of chocolate milk to go closer to 1690 but I was still a bit under. I hope I won't gain tomorrow...

Breakfast: Two eggs, a slice of bacon, 10 grams of regato cheese, 1 apple, coffee.
Lunch: Pan-fried salmon with some mustard and lemon, rice, salad.
Dinner: 1.5 serving of shrimp risotto with soy cheese, 1 cup of chocolate milk.
Total calories: 1574

Waterbunny77
03-15-2014, 06:12 PM
Hello Diane and everyone. My family and I treated ourselves to Bahama Breeze today and it's my fave restaurant and I admit I did pretty well.

B: Yogurt with peanuts
2/3 chocolate bar

L: Shrimp and Lobster quesidilla's and also chicken curry rice bowl.

I won't be exercising until it warms up outside when I can walk. I wish it would hurry. And this is all I plan to eat today. It should carry over until tomorrow....hopefully :hug:

sherma
03-15-2014, 06:56 PM
Weigh in today. Up .6lbs but trying not to be too upset because I followed my plan with only one slip up. I am hoping for my efforts to be reflected in the days ahead.

miniapplecocoa
03-15-2014, 08:13 PM
Hey Diana and everyone.

Diana: DD went home Thurs but I been spring cleaning dogs like crazy. I'm tired! LOL!

I ate my allotted calories yesterday but I bought a bag of "Bare Naked Granola." Giant NO NO for me. It was like a magnet pulling me into the kitchen to snarf down the bag. I ate some and didn't even realize I had eaten it until I slurped up the Almond milk. Ugggg,I swear it was calling me in my sleep. It is so out of here! I just can't seem to have delicious but scary carbs in my kitchen yet. oh well my time will come.

Much better today though. No exercise because of all the dogs and standing.

Have a beautiful rest of the weekend everyone!

laciemn
03-15-2014, 09:06 PM
Waterbunny, that lunch sounds really good! I’ve never actually had lobster, but I imagine it’d be quite good in a quesadilla!
Kelijpa, thanks for the info! I’ll check it out.
Marniadec, yeah, usually I find alcohol isn’t worth the calories, but I do like to have a drink if I’ve had a long day. In this case, a friend brought a batch of experimental Jack Daniels at 128 proof! I had to try it for novelty’s sake. It was REALLY strong, but I didn’t too very much to my drink.
I’ve done pretty well today. I ate around 1400 calories. My arms and shoulders are quite sore from working out. I felt really good during my workout this evening. I did a mini-workout this morning and decided to do a bit more since I was bored anyway and didn’t want to do any more homework.

alaskanlaughter
03-15-2014, 09:18 PM
i'm sure you all have felt the call of "home" and that's what we feel especially after being back home for the funeral etc....I've always felt a strong connection to the village and that's where DH grew up and where his family lives...we are about a half hour's flight away right now...the sense of community and Tlingit traditions are strong there and it feels RIGHT to be there

jobs are scarce but can be found...even really good jobs...the drawbacks are that the cost of food and utilities are very high and there is no medical/dental/vision care there or auto mechanics etc....so up there, if my car broke like it did this winter, there's no telling how or when it would get fixed....I doubt we would sell our house, but perhaps rent it out...

i'm not 100% on board with leaving everything we've established here....DH and I have worked our BUTTS off and what we've earned here has been done on our own, with our own credit, our own hard work, etc and i'm not sure i'm ready to leave that

I left once before to be with DH...years ago when we first got together, I left my long time job, my home that I had just done remodeling work on, my parents and my friends and moved with him here, to a town i'd never even set foot in before, with no idea where we'd work or live....we just came here on the state ferry with my car to start a life here...and I did that for him, to be here where he'd spent his adult life...i'm not sure i'm ready to quit everything and start yet again in another place

but on the other hand, military families for example do this routinely and other families do also.....so we think about moving....and think and think....

thekiwi
03-15-2014, 10:26 PM
Hey folks, up at 148 this morning again. I think I'm probably not drinking enough water.. Anyways. Trying not to be bummed about it!

Today was a good day, got up early and drove up to cross-country ski. My friend and I ended up skiing about 15km in all. It was really great, I love it so much.. it's just so peaceful and you can go at your own pace, and just glide. You work up quite a sweat, I know I didn't drink enough water today (I just feel like sometimes it doesn't appeal? I don't get thirsty but I retain water like nobody's business especially when I exercise...)

B: plain greek yogurt with berries, sunflower seeds, walnuts
L: Raw veggies with hummus, two of these weird chickpea/peanutbutter/chocolate energy cookie concoctions my friend made and a hard boiled egg, plus a few strawberries and a couple crackers.
D: Went to a friend's for dinner, she made saag paneer (basically spinach with some cheese), some brown rice and 1/2 a naan. Also had half a brownie for dessert.

I know today's calories probably really added up, I didn't track well. I did get a lot of exercise, so felt okay with it. Back on with my planned meals tomorrow.

Thanks for the encouragement, Diane, Marniadec and Kelijpa. I know this doesn't happen overnight, not the weight loss nor the changing habits.

miniapplecocoa I totally know how that is, I can't have granola in the house either! I just like it too much and although it is calorie dense it never seems to fill me up..

Alaskan - that's a tough choice to make, and it's hard to imagine leaving a place where you've invested so much time building a life. It's hard work, doing that..

Diana3271
03-15-2014, 11:23 PM

We just finished eating dinner. It's really late. DH took our friend (the one who has cancer) hunting. DH had to take him back home and everything just took more time than normal since he's sick. That made DH get home late, so we ate late. I will probably show a gain for tomorrow since I ate so late. I ate on plan and my calories are probably good. I haven't added them up, yet. Eating late, not getting enough sleep, etc makes me show a temporary gain. But some things are unavoidable. I wanted us to eat dinner together.

Shr1nk1ingme Congrats on your weigh in! :carrot:

Alaskanlaughter I hope you were able to get some things done and relax a little this evening.

Ian Safe travels. Enjoy your trip and great food you will experience.

Kelijpa Nothing wrong with maintaining. Keep up the great work.

Marniadec Chris show modifications in the workouts. Here are some good options for workout programs. They show modifications, too:
This one uses weights: https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/30-Minutes-to-Fitness-Start-Here-DVD-p/533.htm
Both of these use bands and they are included:
https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/PowerFit-5-DVD-set-with-band-Stephanie-Huckabee-p/1045.htm
https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/PowerFit-Harmony-10-DVD-set-with-band-Stephanie-p/1003.htm

Waterbunny I hope it warms up soon so you get enjoy the outdoors.

Sherma Those daily fluctuations can make you crazy. Hang in there.

Miniapplecocoa I can't have that type of stuff in the house, either. Yes, the foods do talk to you! I have heard them call my name, too. ;) Hang in there.

Laciemn Good job getting the workout in.

Thekiwi I'm glad you were able to get our and enjoy the skiing.

Diana3271
03-15-2014, 11:32 PM
Total Approx 1555 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (360 Calories)
Artisan Bistro salmon dinner 280 calories
steamed asparagus 80 calories

Dinner (800 Calories)
Rotisserie chicken - DH ate both drumsticks and both sides of the breast. I ate what was left minus the fat. 400 calories
Quinoa salad 200 calories
okra and tomatoes 100 calories
fresh orange slices 100 calories

Exercise:
Early in the day, at home:
GYBB Core Strength
Twist premix from Yoga Zone Yoga for a Strong & Healthy Back
later in the day, at the shop
GYBB Slim & Strong Arms
TJ Cardio Party Mix 2

Angie
03-16-2014, 08:25 AM
I've survived one week with a new puppy, and hopefully can get back into a bit of a routine this week.

Here's the plan for today, we are going out to a movie with friends at 5:20 -- so I'm merging lunch and dinner a bit, and making room for some popcorn ;)

Breakfast: leftovers -- pork chop & roasted potatoes & coffee (383 cal)
Snack: Celery with laughing cow cheese (98 cal)
Lunch/Dinner: Roast chicken & caesar salad (600 cal)
Snack: Small movie popcorn (480 cal)

Exercise: Taking puppy for a long walk

Food: 1562 calories
Exercise: -175 calories

Joan
03-16-2014, 09:16 AM
Hello, I'm a very occasional poster. I check in once in a while, mostly to express frustration/disgust with myself. My weight soared when I hit my late 40s (had been a very nice 125-140 my whole adult life), and at 53 I now seem permanently stuck in the 160s. I Zumba 3-4 times a week and eat healthy/organic. But in addition to eating healthy, I indulge too often in evening wine and treats. Evenings seem to be my undoing. Middle age sucks, weight-wise. I really have to stop it. I look "okay," sort of neither thin nor fat, but I really miss being able to rock nice clothes.

Oh well. There. I figure maybe posting my thoughts will help motivate me. Have a good day, everyone!

Joan
03-16-2014, 09:21 AM
Oh, and my knees are killing me. More than anything, this bothers me about my extra weight.

Diana3271
03-16-2014, 09:32 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Joan Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

I had the expected gain from eating too late last night.

Calories for yesterday: 1555
Weigh In: 165
Up: 1 pound

Have a great day!

laciemn
03-16-2014, 10:04 AM
Hi guys, good news. The scale went back down to 156. I don't know how I went from 163 to 156 in one day. I guess I was just holding on water? Or maybe my scale is messing up?

Anyway, about to do my morning workout! It's later than usual as I had my coffee and breakfast and daily internet surfing already!

For breakfast, I had two poached eggs and a half cucumber sandwich. Counted the calories at around 250.

novangel
03-16-2014, 10:08 AM
Hi everyone! :wave:

Diana,I'd say this is my best month I've had in a long time. I used to lose motivation and take several days off but this March I'm running almost daily. :) It's nice to feel on track again after so long of struggling to stay above water. I also have been eating better too.. Hope all is well with you.

I'm off to work. Stay motivated, everyone! :carrot:

Claygirl1518
03-16-2014, 10:29 AM
I just started with eating less and moving more last week. I'm using my fitness pal and this forum has been super helpful as well!

Bohobabe
03-16-2014, 01:47 PM
I would like to jump in - I just found this forum and this thread and it sounds perfect. I will weigh in tomorrow morning and update my profile, but I have learned after 52 years that I can't cut out any types of food. I am going to utilize the LoseIt! app, make healthy choices, etc.

I would enjoy the accountability of this thread . . . looking forward to getting to know everyone.

How do you get the ticker??

thekiwi
03-16-2014, 01:53 PM
I was up this morning a pound to 149... the scale is driving me nuts. I'm just really going to focus on the whole hydration thing, and maybe take a break from daily weighing... I don't know. I'm even noticing water retention in my face! I eat a mostly whole foods diet so it's not a sodium issue.. I did really start exercising most days just this past week, so maybe I just need to be patient, make good choices and hope it pays off. And drink loooots of water. I'm feeling more positive about all this today :)

B: Plain yogurt (2%) with a kiwi, sliced strawberries and some blackberries, with some walnuts.
L: Smoothie with protein powder, frozen blueberries, almond milk and spinach, and 2 eggs scrambled.
D: (will be) chicken breast with broccoli

Workout: Bodypump (weight lifting class) and 55 minutes arc trainer

alaskanlaughter
03-16-2014, 02:17 PM
I have some packing up to do to send my niece and her girl all the stuff they left at our house....her dad flies up tomorrow to take it all to her...and we're going to watch basketball games this afternoon...adults play....it's a big annual tournament where adult teams from all the villages gather here to play so we're going to watch some of the games from our village today...gearing up for spring break next week, which means I work a different schedule and the boys are home all week

Marniadec
03-16-2014, 03:59 PM
Today wasn't a very good day. My thighs are very swollen and they hurt a lot and so does my stomach, lower back and my head. Naturally my mood is terrible. At least I only gained 0.44 of a pound.

Breakfast: None.
Lunch: Spaghetti and meatsauce, salad.
Snack: A bomb. It's a cream puff which is stuffed with whipped cream and it has chocolate glaze on top and on the bottom and also chocolate sprinkles.
Dinner: More spaghetti and meatsauce and half a cup of orange juice.
That's a total of 343 calories. My dad has been eating a lot of desserts lately and he keeps buying something for all of us. I wish I was complaining. :p

kelijpa
03-16-2014, 06:27 PM
Sherma daily fluctuations can drive you nuts but can also be helpful if you know certain events or foods are causing the fluctuations. Maybe you could do a little experiment, just write down what your daily weight is for a couple weeks or a month, think of it as data gathering, don't get too invested in what the number is each day, try to weigh at the same time in your daily routine so you can truly see if there are trends.

I weigh everyday but only let myself compare week to week, like what I weighed today compared to last Sunday, it took some training, but really helps having old numbers to compare to, now I can compare this March to last March, that's really seeing progress, great for picking me up when I think today's weight is high.

Best of luck:sunny:

sherma
03-16-2014, 06:36 PM
Thanks for the great advice kelijpa. I really like the idea of checking back week to week while still recording day to day. Inspiring to think about being a year into this since I just go started. Stuck to my food plan this weekend which I am happy about. Thanks everyone.

kelijpa
03-16-2014, 06:38 PM
Thanks everyone for the encouragement, it really keeps me on track.

Diana that's so nice you wanted to eat with DH, it is nicer to eat with your guy, I'm sure he appreciated it after spending the day with his dear friend, that has to be rough on him emotionally, and a great thing he is doing.

Congrats laciemn

Safe travels Ian!

Waterbunny77
03-16-2014, 07:42 PM
Hey guys, it's a cold one outside today, waiting for a warm up.

B: 2 pcs. of toast with a spot of jelly
L: Turkey sandwich (pcs. bread and meat only) about a quarter cup of peanuts.
D: large caesar salad
S: Tostitos and apple

Hopefully that will be all for today and I won't get hungry before bed :)

miniapplecocoa
03-16-2014, 08:25 PM
Hey everyone and especially the new people! I've said it before and I'll say it again. This forum has been one of the most powerful tools I've had to keep on tract. I have used other forums ("MFP, Lowcarbfriends, Support groups even dailystrength".) This one has been the most helpful of all no judgement or off advice whatever. I'm glad I did this. AND, I love how people are so in tune with their bodies. I'm getting a lot of good ideas. Like not eating after a certain time(Diana.) Water weight, exercise to try, not panicking over gains and dreams of a new puppy LOL!

Alaskan: You are a very brave woman and while your decision sounds painfully hard, it also sounds romantic and exciting as well.

Today, I'm still too tired to exercise. I don't know what's going on. I been having cravings for carbs and fighting back the urge to over eat. Uggg I wish it would end already.

I'm kind of on plan but nothing taste good today. So, I'm just gonna chill with the dogs and watch a movie. Probably Despicable Me. LOL!

Have the best evening you are able to.

Diana3271
03-16-2014, 08:41 PM

Angie Great job surviving the new puppy! I have a motto that all puppies are evil! :rofl:

Laciemn Great job on your weigh in!

Novangel Great job on the running!

Claygirl Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Bohobabe Hi and welcome to the check-in. :welcome2: I think you have to be a member for 21 days in order to get a ticker.

thekiwi Could the water weight be from hormones? Maybe take a break from weighing for a few days.

Alaskanlaughter Enjoy the games today.

Marniadec I hope tomorrow is a better day and you feel better. :hug:

Sherma Hi :wave:

Kelijpa It was on his bucket list to have DH take him turkey hunting again. Unfortunately they didn't get anything. The turkey's didn't come in close enough. If his health holds up, DH is going to leave work early on Friday to take him hunting again. They will spend the night at the farm and go again on Saturday. Family and friends are so important. All of these life events make me appreciate my DH and the time we spend together.

Waterbunny Is it suppose to warm up in your area soon?

Miniapplecocoa Being tired and craving carbs sounds like hormones. Hang in there.

Diana3271
03-16-2014, 08:49 PM
Total Approx 1325 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (550 calories)
Chicken salad sandwich 450 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Dinner (380 Calories)
Artisan bistro salmon dinner 280 calories
steamed veggies 100 calories

Exercise:
GYBB Total Body Torch w/5's
TF Fire 45

laciemn
03-16-2014, 08:57 PM
Hi all! Still feeling positive about this exercise thing. I got through my workout and did a little bit more than usual and I actually feel better than I usually do.

I did really well, mostly, except for dinner. I still did well, but I had too much chicken.

In addition to breakfast, which was 250 calories, I had tea with pineapples, cucumbers and sunflower seeds which also came in at around 250. I had a few pita chips which were 70 calories. For dinner, I cooked quite a bit of chicken. I don't know how much in ounces, but it was four strips. I ate most of it mixed in with cherry tomatoes and sweet peppers and a little ginger dressing. It was really good, but I'm concerned that I ate too much chicken. Oh well. The calories in the salad were around 400.

Victoria_A
03-16-2014, 09:52 PM
I am new in this group. Given my spinal cord injury (cannot walk) I am not able to weight in (we do not have bed scales). I think I can take measurements to track progress. I need support for eating right and exercising. Thanks a lot for being there

novangel
03-16-2014, 11:44 PM
Hey everyone and especially the new people! I've said it before and I'll say it again. This forum has been one of the most powerful tools I've had to keep on tract..

Agree. I give a huge amount of credit to 3fc. :)

alaskanlaughter
03-17-2014, 12:07 AM
it was quite a day of eating :( I know it was stress etc....DH and his brother installed a new dishwasher which was stressful for me even though I wasn't part of it....packed up everything for niece and her daughter to be flown to her tomorrow which was stressful in a way...I ate my way through an unusual amount of processed junk food today and even ate ice cream tonight, which I haven't done in awhile...

*sigh* tomorrow will be better....need to get back to a lower carb way of eating

kelijpa
03-17-2014, 05:41 AM
Good morning all,

Back to the grind, last week on my winter schedule, next week i start an hour shorter days and plan on going to the rail trail, hopefully the weather cooperates. 158.3 today.

B- oats, reduced sugar almond milk, poached egg
L- spring mix, sprouts, Italian, balsamic, Bolthouse salsa ranch, smoked oysters
S- orange, banana
D- salad
E- walk at work, exercise bike

Hope everyone has a great day :subby:

Diana3271
03-17-2014, 07:43 AM

Where did the weekend go? :dunno:

Last night I did: GYBB Stretch and Tone Yoga

Calories for yesterday: 1325 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 164.6

Victoria Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Good luck with your weight loss goals. I'm not sure the types of exercises that your Dr. approves of. A friend of mine had food surgery and was very limited as to what she could do. She used some of the workouts in the Sit and Be Fit program. Here's their site: http://www.sitandbefit.org/index.php?page=store&category=video I know they air shows in certain markets and there's some stuff online.

Enjoy your day!

Radiojane
03-17-2014, 11:30 AM
Okay. Party weekend is finally over. I'm soooo tired, but it all went well. Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day dinner at my mom's and I still feel stuffed from that!

Will get my swim in at noon and it's so nice out here today I haven't had to wear a coat even, so I'm hoping to take Toby for a nice run (Providing he's recovered from his day at my mom's).

Don't know what lunch is, but supper will be roast duck and kale. Have a great day!

Syckgirlsfv
03-17-2014, 12:40 PM
morning everyone! :coffee::coffee::coffee: I'm off today since I worked yesterday at our carnival...the beach was GORGEOUS! We were at Santa Monica pier, and we continue to have amazing weather. BUT! This morning at around 6:30 we were awoken by an earthquake...shook us right awake! I hear it was about a 4.7. Our house is sturdy, so nothing fell or broke, but the cats were not happy :eek:

Yesterday was not a great eating day...had eggs/potatoes/bacon for breakfast before leaving for the beach. Then had taco bell chicken burrito for lunch (one of the places on the pier, made kosher for our event. Only had chicken and rice inside!), and when finished met DH at the restaurant on the end of the pier where he was having cocktails. Needless to say, a shot of Jack and 2 shots of rum later we finally came home. THEN. 2 shots of rum and a shot of makers mark! ARGH! LOL I haven't had hard liquor in months, with the exception of a few weeks ago when I had a couple shots of vodka one sunday. Oh well...this only happens now a time or two every 4 months or so, so I won't get to weird about it. Going to the gym later today to run it off! :woops: Didn't really eat again, either...just a little bit of the meat out of a fried chicken breast and some ice cream. :D

I'm going to go make homemade waffles right now with low carb mix. Catch you ladies (and Larry and Ian) later! :dizzy::dizzy::dizzy: 75 degrees and sunny today :sunny: also going to do a bike ride later!

laciemn
03-17-2014, 06:13 PM
Hi Victoria! Welcome to the thread.

I've done well today and haven't had much of an appetite. I had salad with grilled chicken, a graham cracker, a small piece of chocolate and two rice cakes. I'm going to have a hamburger if I get hungry later, but if I'm not very hungry, I will probably just eat some pineapple.

I haven't worked out at all today. I still plan to after homework, though.

Waterbunny77
03-17-2014, 06:41 PM
Hello Victoria and welcome, you should find lots of support here.

On another note, it's cold here again....but today is supposed to be the only day this week. Then it will go up to the 50's just in time for me to start work. I also can start getting ready to walk outside for my exercise. I would like to make sure the weather is quite steady though.

B: Yogurt with peanuts and a banana
S: Tostitos
L: Trail mix of raisens and peanuts and a cookiie
D: Steak and onions
S: Banana, .5 peanut butter and jelly sandwich

Got a good note from my mom today, she can see that I'm losing weight :carrot:

Diana3271
03-17-2014, 06:54 PM

I am waiting for DH to finish up what he is doing here at work.

Something funny to share about Cody. This morning while I was putting on my makeup, Cody was stretched out under my chair sleeping. When I looked down to my left I could see his head/front feet and to the right I could see his tail/back feet. I noticed some movement to the right and looked down. His little bobbed tail was wagging just as fast as it could. I looked at his head and sure enough, he was sound asleep. I guess he was dreaming that he was doing something really fun. When DH and Cody plays with the dummies, Cody's tail is wagging as fast as he can move it. We often joke that he has a little humming bird back there.

Laciemn Good job on your workouts.

Novangel Hi :wave:

Alaskanlaughter I hope today was a better day for you.

kelijpa I hope the weather cooperates so you can get out on the trail.

Radiojane Enjoy getting out with Toby.

Syckgirlsfv I hope your day off was a good one.

Waterbunny Hang in there with the cold weather. Our temps have swung from highs near 80 to today in the 40's with rain. Crazy!

Marniadec
03-17-2014, 07:11 PM
Today has been a very long day. On top of everything else, I went out to lunch (which is the biggest meal of the day in Greece) and I ate all my calories at once, so I was starving the whole day...

So, here's my one meal:
Appetizer: Fried zucchini with walnut skordalia. That's thin slices of zucchini dipped in flour and then fried. Skordalia is a dip which is made of wet stale bread, walnuts, olive oil, vinegar and garlic. It probably sounds gross but it tastes like heaven.
Salad: Just plain lettuce with olive oil and lemon.
Main dish: Pork with peppers and a sauce made of feta cheese and mustard. I only ate half of it with some fries.
Dessert (in most restaurants in my town we get dessert for free): half a scoop of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup and half of this thing I can't describe.
I should be at about 1600 calories but I can't be sure about the oil...

miniapplecocoa
03-17-2014, 07:28 PM
Aww Diana, that is a cute story about Cody!

Hi Victoria!

Waterbunny are you in the Midwest..? We had snow this morning. I just ignored it and acted as if. I got an ice cream machine in anticipation of summer. LOL!

Finally used my Pedaler for an hour today!

Eating on plan but a little low in calories. Better low than high for me.

Have the best evening you are able to!:cool:

thekiwi
03-17-2014, 07:40 PM
Welcome to the newbies!

Good day today. I planned out all my meals and snacks in the morning which worked well for me.

B: 2 eggs scrambled and a smoothie with protein powder, almond milk, blueberries, spinach and cucumber (I know, right? but it turned out pretty tasty. It did take a cup of frozen blueberries for that to happen..)
L: 3 oz chicken, broccoli, plum, blackberries
S: baby carrots
D: Plain yogurt and berries, kiwi with pumpkin seeds

Workout: RPM spin class! I can feel my fitness improving. I'm working harder in classes rather than feeling like I need to pace myself.

Diana3271
03-17-2014, 09:14 PM

Marniadec Tomorrow is a new day. I hope it's a better one for you.

Miniaplecocoa LOL on the ice cream machine. ;)

Thekiwi Good job on the improved fitness!

Total Approx 1320 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (550 Calories)
Chicken salad sandwich on pumpernickel 450 calories
fruit cup 100 calories

Exercise:
GYBB Metabolic Boost
GYBB Fat Blast Intervals
Crunchless Abs High Intensity Cardio Sculpting

kelijpa
03-17-2014, 09:40 PM
Marniadec I never thought about actually trying to go to Greece, but after your description of lunch I could picture it...how great it would be...if I ever come into a bunch of money I'll come visit you :D

Diana I could just see the little tail wagging, Hunter does that sometimes, not while he's sleeping but that little thing does get going fast :lol: happy little dogs
:sunny:

Waterbunny77
03-17-2014, 10:21 PM
Miniapplecocoa, yes I'm in the Midwest. Cleveland to be exact and there are still ice snow mounds that need to melt. Tomorrow is supposed to be a change and finally go to 50 degrees for awhile.

We have had one harsh harsh winter, I'll tell ya'. It's not even supposed to be this cold right now and we are way over our snow limit. I hope next winter is very mild :o

alaskanlaughter
03-17-2014, 10:36 PM
it was a longggg day at work with students all day because of spring break....I ate ALOT at work :( and none of it healthy ugh...snowy and crappy roads too and I have to drive all the way downtown tomorrow for work in a winter storm warning...fun fun...tomorrow i'm going to try to get to the gym before I go to work....im exhausted :( if one day of spring break is hard, this summer is going to kill me

kelijpa
03-18-2014, 05:43 AM
Good morning all, up a half,finally got in 64 ozs. Of water yesterday, not sure why that happens to me, all of a sudden I don't want to drink water.

Took the day off from the bike yesterday, felt a little beat up. Same food plan as yesterday except maybe fish and peas for dinner.

Hope everyone has a great day :sunny:

Diana3271
03-18-2014, 07:18 AM

Last night I added on: Deep Rest from Yoga for Stress Relief

Calories for yesterday: 1320 + :coffee:
Weigh In: 164.4
Down: .2

Have a great day!

Psychic
03-18-2014, 07:46 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1461
Today's Weight: 176.2

B - Belvita Soft Bake + Coffee w/ Splenda & Milk
S - Sweet Nut & Berry Munch
L - Soy Noodles w/ Vegetable Broth + 100 Calories Popcorn
S - Lance Bold Buffalo Wing Blue Cheese Crackers
D - Whole-Grain Sandwich Thin w/ Chicken Breast & Avocado + Sweet Potato Chips
S - 100 Calorie Popcorn + Honey Mustard & Onion Pretzel Pieces

Exercise: Elliptical (-115) and Strength Training (-60)

Not losing as quickly as I'd like, but my calories have been pretty good lately and I've been going to the gym. Cheating tonight. Going to wing night with friends.

shr1nk1ngme
03-18-2014, 10:29 AM
Today has been a very long day. On top of everything else, I went out to lunch (which is the biggest meal of the day in Greece) and I ate all my calories at once, so I was starving the whole day...

So, here's my one meal:
Appetizer: Fried zucchini with walnut skordalia. That's thin slices of zucchini dipped in flour and then fried. Skordalia is a dip which is made of wet stale bread, walnuts, olive oil, vinegar and garlic. It probably sounds gross but it tastes like heaven.
Salad: Just plain lettuce with olive oil and lemon.
Main dish: Pork with peppers and a sauce made of feta cheese and mustard. I only ate half of it with some fries.
Dessert (in most restaurants in my town we get dessert for free): half a scoop of vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup and half of this thing I can't describe.
I should be at about 1600 calories but I can't be sure about the oil...

OK, set a place for me at the table, I'm coming over for dinner! lol

---

I made Dreamfields (http://www.netrition.com/cgi/goto.cgi?aid=281&url=dreamfields_pasta_page.html) (low-carb) lasagna the other day for the family, but it was a DownDay so I had not planned to have any. However, after an emotionally draining week and an insanely busy weekend, my resistance was at an all-time low and I binged - and I do mean BINGED - on lasagna. Thank God it was Dreamfields (http://www.netrition.com/cgi/goto.cgi?aid=281&pid=212-0001). But still, I ate thousands of calories of the stuff. More carbs than I have had since October. Ugh.

Then the next day (yesterday) I was ravenous all day long (thank you carbs) so I overate yesterday too, though it was all low-carb stuff.

I haven't weighed in for two days because I have been waiting until I stop feeling bloated.

Today I am back on plan and I am not giving up! I plan to weigh in tomorrow and hopefully the damage will be small. I expect to see a one pound gain on the scale tomorrow morning and then I can progress downward from there.

I think one overeating episode since October isn't too bad, so I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Just dust myself off and move on. However, note to self: NO MORE LASAGNA. lol

carabelle11
03-18-2014, 01:16 PM
B-sliced potatoes and oatmeal with flax
S-granola bar
L- chicken with rice and veggies
D- tacos

Workout-20 minutes on treadmill,weights

Syckgirlsfv
03-18-2014, 01:36 PM
morning all! :wave: it's another beautiful day in So Cal :sunny::sunny::sunny:
supposed to be 70s all week and at the end dip down in to the 60s. Maybe we're getting some rain finally?

I've got a final tonight! :book2:

OK today's food:
B - instant re-fried beans/egg whites/green salsa
S - peach
L - staff appreciation...some kind of italian food, I'm sure pasta of some sort and maybe pizza. There is usually salad, so I will fill most of my plate with that!
We ended up riding our bikes on the L.A. River bike path yesterday - 9 miles. Burned I'd say at least 300 calories? It's very windy along that path because the freeway is right next to it. it's a workout!

Dinner tonight will be some of the meat we grilled on the bbq last night...probably chicken. And red beans/brown rice with green salsa. :D

Radiojane
03-18-2014, 03:17 PM
Good morning!

I forgot to weigh in this morning. I was busy getting my ear mite infested pets ready to go to the vet. Got my swim in yesterday and was so stuffed from dinner at my mom's on Sunday that all I ate was a little bit of sushi. TOM is on it's way, I can feel the extra water already.

Didn't get my duck roasted last night, hoping to do that today. Have a great one!

Syckgirlsfv
03-18-2014, 03:44 PM
ok, just had staff lunch...it was not so bad!

I had 2 slices of flatbread pizza (very thin, very small squares) one was pesto and the other had tomato and mozzarella/basil. Then a little pile of spaghetti squash with marinara sauce, and more than half my plate was filled with salad. Hearts of Romaine/a few croutons/Caesar dressing (small bit). All in all, not terrible in calories and such!

I did grab 2 hamantaschen (Jewish pastries that are typical during Purim). It's a piece of dough with the corners folded around a filling - I got cherry and chocolate. One is for DH, though! :D

miniapplecocoa
03-18-2014, 06:36 PM
Hi Everybody! Sigh :hug:s to all the Midwesterners. It has been a dreadful winter. More snow for Minnesota tonight.

Shr1nk: That is an AWESOME record. An indiscretion does not discount any work you have put into this. This process is tedious.

On a happier note, I am soooo excited. I just downloaded the "fresh express salad app" I am ridiculously hungry for salad now. That never happens in my world. Just this morning I was griping to myself about how much I hate the taste of lettuce/most greens plain. I don't really do tart or bitter taste well either. But, the recipes on this ap seem so doable and delish. Where have I been? The thing is like years old. LOL!

Weigh day at the vet.. dah dah.. 213.0lbs:carrot: Exactly 2lbs since last vet visit. LOL! Hoping to be svelte like a Great Dane in the future. Have you ever seen a FAT Great Dane? There aren't many. Good bye Saint Bernard. LOL! I'm a dog groomer, my vision sees is dogs! LOL!

Today, I had a "lean cuisine" A 200 calorie one. It was so good. I have not had a real potato since January. I have been using cauliflower or jicama which I love. Keeping it lower Carb with program foods for the rest of the day.

Have the best possible evening you are able to!

Waterbunny77
03-18-2014, 07:17 PM
Miniapplecocoa, good for you! What I've been doing for the last 3 days is watching documentaries on dieting, health and juicing. It's all so good. Right now I'm watching Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead for the second time.

B: Yogurt with peanuts
S: Trail mix (nuts and raisens) and a apple
L: Half turkey sandwich and a banana, Tostitos
D: Atkins Beef Merlot (surprised of the amount compared to the calories listed)

I hope I make it till bedtime. I'm about to go eat another apple. :)

miniapplecocoa
03-18-2014, 07:49 PM
Waterbunny: I love that movie. So motivating. The truck driver at the end running with that soccer shirt always brings tears to my eyes. I love the people on You tube too. Also, believe it or not "My 600lbs life" is the best motivator ever for me. Way more than "Biggest Loser." I really just want to keep my stomach in my body, Thank you! But, that is where I was headed. Really! :( I been close to 300 before. I admire everyone that 'Just keeps going' especially with (difficulties) until they reach their GOAL however they get there. This thing is tough. There are so many "living proofs" just in this thread alone, makes it worth trying again any number of times. I think you gonna be fine no matter what you eat. LOL!Have a great night!

miniapplecocoa
03-18-2014, 07:50 PM
I got my ticker Woo Hoo! Thanks Waterbunny!!

Diana3271
03-18-2014, 08:02 PM

Kelijpa They are so funny when they get their whole bodies wagging! Good job getting that water in!

Waterbunny Sending warm thoughts your way! :beach: Hoping it warms up for you.

Alaskanlaughter I hope today was a better one for you. :hug:

Psychic Have fun at wing night!

Shr1nk1ngme Good job getting back on plan. Just keep moving forward and trying.

Carabelle Hi and welcome to the check-in. :welcome2:

Syckgirlsfv Good luck with your final.

Radiojane Ugh! On the ear mites. The dogs hate those ear drops!

Miniapplecocoa Congrats on the 2 pounds! I want to be a standard poodle! :D They always look so noble!

Diana3271
03-18-2014, 08:05 PM
Total Approx 1370 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
2 BBQ Chicken taco's (this was a new place for us and it was their special. not sure about the seasoning, etc. I didn't use any extra sauce. 600 calories

Exercise:
Jackie Warner's Crunchless Xtreme Abs (standing)
LM Combat Live 30 w/#1 hand weights

thekiwi
03-18-2014, 08:25 PM
Hey guys! Hope you all had a great day. Mine was okay. Down to 147.2 this morning, which was great but whooo knows what it will be tomorrow! Oh well, it's the trend that counts.

B: Smoothie with protein powder, blueberries, almond milk, spinach and cucumber, 2 eggs scrambled.
L: 3 oz chicken breast, broccoli, plum, baby carrots and red pepper slices.
S: 2 cookies (someone brought them to work, yeesh) and a square of dark chocolate. (I'm going to choose not to feel guilty about this - at least it wasn't a whole bar of dark chocolate and it could have been more cookies.)
D: Plain yogurt with berries, kiwi and pumpkin seeds.

I went to the gym and did some strength training (whole body) and then 30 minutes on the arctrainer. Tomorrow I plan to take a rest day from exercise and catch up on housework.

kelijpa
03-18-2014, 08:44 PM
Pretty good day today, crab cake and peas for supper, getting in my water and exercises.

Actually was outside raking a little, chipping up some icebergs, it felt good to beat on them :lol:

kelijpa
03-18-2014, 08:56 PM
Fat, sick and nearly dead was very inspiring to me and DH. He saw it first then we watched it together, we've watched a bunch ipof different things, like SuperSize me and then Fat Head (I think that's the one where he wanted to disprove SuperSize me) just to be fair.

Our biggest inspiration to really get started a couple years ago was Extreme Makeover Weight Loss edition, I was always worrying after watching about loose skin, but honestly I think they lose too fast, that's why they need skin surgery. It's inspiring to me what people who seem so out of shape can do exercise-wise, that's what is inspiring to me.

I worry about them with injuries, same thing with the Biggest Loser, the last thing I want is an injury. I've been trying to add some HIIT sprinting (well, my sprint :D) at the end of my bike session. Time for that now, gotta go.
:sunny:

newleaf123
03-18-2014, 09:06 PM
Hi, Diane! Can I join again? Sorry I come and go... I really admire your ability to prioritize and stick with this thread day in and out. I haven't gone back and read; I hope your health is doing alright.

B: cappuccino with 4 oz whole milk, 1/2 tsp sugar; hot cereal with mashed banana & cinnamon
L: garden salad w 1/2 avocado, no dressing; handful of whole grain chips, homemade chipotle hummus (to die for!)
S: "green" protein shake of kale, spinach, turnip, beet, cucumber, pepper, and vanilla protein powder; handful of nuts
D: 1/2 Chipotle vegetarian burrito
S: 1/2 handful of nuts, 4 peanut butter filled pretzel nuggets
E: 3.5 mile brisk walk, 14 pushups

All good here, trying to shake off some winter regain before spring hits for real.

carabelle11
03-18-2014, 09:24 PM
thank you,Diana

noshoes
03-18-2014, 10:39 PM
Vegan for 6 weeks. Loving it. Made it so easy to lose weight and I can eat better.

kelijpa
03-19-2014, 05:29 AM
Good morning all, 157.5, tracking about a pound up from last week, really going to try and be as good as I can this weekend.

B- oats, eggs almond milk
L- spring mix, Italian, Bolthouse, sprouts and smoked oysters
D- ?
S- orange, banana
E- walk, bike

Hope everyone has a great day, trying to wake up... :sunny:

laciemn
03-19-2014, 06:35 AM
Indeed, newleaf, Diana is awesome! Welcome by the way.

Yesterday I could have done really bad and cheated terribly, but I only cheated a little. At the science club meeting, we had pizza, and I did have 1 slice. Later at another event, they served tons of this cute and tiny cupcakes and other desserts. I had a cookie and mini cupcake. They were so good! I also ate quite a bit of fruit, nothing excessive though.

I'm not planning on exercise today because I didn't sleep enough and I'm rather stiff. I still might do at the end of today if I'm feeling better.

newleaf123
03-19-2014, 06:47 AM
Down 1 this AM, yay!

Diana3271
03-19-2014, 07:44 AM

Spring starts tomorrow. Hopefully the temps will start warming up for some of you.

I didn't add on any yoga last night. We went to visit our friend and got home late.

Calories for yesterday: 1370 + :coffee:
No Change (I was happy about this since we ate at a new restaurant)

Newleaf Welcome back! Great job on the pound! :carrot:

Have a great day!

roadbikerchick
03-19-2014, 08:36 AM
Hey everyone! :coffee:

I've been gone for a few weeks, but I want to get back on track, just like newleaf :)

A lot has been going on. I have a new grandbaby, then, just a few days after my sweetie was born, my in-laws were in an accident. They are ok, but definitely need extra support because of their injuries, and the car is history. Dh and one daughter are out of the country, doing relief work. So lots is going on.

Today I'm doing an easy indoor bike ride, and trying to stick to 2000 calories today. Not ambitious, I know, but...

Weight was 152.2 yesterday. I haven't weighed myself today.

I'll check in later, and post how I did.

Have a great day! :D

miniapplecocoa
03-19-2014, 11:58 AM
Diana: Standard Poodles are my favorite grooms. They are smart and are really the only bread that seems to understand grooming. They don't like it but are usually "showy" when it is over. Mini poodles, Scotties and yorkies can be the most difficult for the more elaborate cuts. But I digress.

carabelle11
03-19-2014, 12:50 PM
B-oatmeal with flax,potato
s-Peanuts
s-3 muskateers (oops)
L-macaroni and tomato
D-

Syckgirlsfv
03-19-2014, 01:22 PM
I'm annoyed today. Up 2 pounds, no doubt due to yesterday's lunch and the booze from Sunday. ARGH! I am in one of those moods where I am frustrated that the scale doesn't move as quickly as it used to...I hate it! I'm stuck in the 160s and I'm 5'8 but we shrink as we get older so if I shrink to 5'7 then I'm not ok anymore! I really need to get back to 150 but it's harder than ever :mad:

As much as I really don't want to, it looks as though I will have to SBD it starting next week...phase 1 is such a *****, though! GRRRR

Ok, rant over. Going for a long bike ride after work today, before I start studying for my accounting final tomorrow. Here's my menu today:

B - re-fried beans/egg whites/green salsa
S - yesterday's peach that I didn't eat
L - veggie elbow pasta/marinara/cottage cheese
D - not sure, would like chicken cordon blue and zoodles.

Wine at bedtime...hey ladies, do you think that having wine nightly is keeping me from losing? Even if I'm adding it in to my calories? I know alcohol affects the way we metabolize our food, I just hoped that since wine is only 13% that it wouldn't be so...:cry:

Diana3271
03-19-2014, 01:29 PM
Wine at bedtime...hey ladies, do you think that having wine nightly is keeping me from losing? Even if I'm adding it in to my calories? I know alcohol affects the way we metabolize our food, I just hoped that since wine is only 13% that it wouldn't be so...:cry:

I would suggest doing an experiment. Don't do SB, yet. Stop all wine and alcohol for a couple of weeks to see what happens. I have read that alcohol has a negative effect on the metabolism. I don't think it had a negative effect on Ian, so I think everyone is different. Try the experiment to see what happens.

CoolMom75
03-19-2014, 03:54 PM
Checking in after a little break. :)

I got my cardio started again with the class/instructor I absolutely love at the local rec center. Boot Camp, alternating with spinning classes. Surprisingly, the weeks of weight lifting conditioned me enough to make the classes less torture than I thought they would be.

Food intake and journaling is going well. The number on the scale is right where it has been for the last month or more but I tried on my smaller jeans and instead of a 5 inch spread between buttons, I was able to button them. They are still too tight to wear though. I hope I fit them soon because my current jeans are too big! Yay!

Keep up the fight everyone! I still lurk and read and cheer you on, even if I can't post daily. The internet is like another addiction for me, I need to step away sometimes.

thekiwi
03-19-2014, 05:37 PM
UGH lost my post. Annoying.

146.6 this morning, down .6. Not complaining but not holding my breath.

B: smoothie, 2 eggs scrambled.
S: cranberry-blueberry muffin my coworker baked (probably pretty healthy as far as muffins go, she's all about replacing/reducing oil/butter.)
L: Yogurt with kiwi, berries and walnuts; plum; 2 eggs scrambled.
Dinner: Chicken breast with broccoli; baby carrots with hummus.

No workout today!

Marniadec
03-19-2014, 07:19 PM
It's 1 am and I just got home. I can't stand to write personals again because writing in english takes a lot of time and I'm beat, I'm sorry! I just wanted to say that I made my goal!!! I won't stop here, of course, but I made it!!! I've been decorating my brother's grave and I've been in such a horrible mood and this was just what I needed. I'm so excited!

I went out to dinner today but I did pretty well. I even skipped the dessert!

Breakfast: Yogurt with some cornflakes that had dried red fruit in them.
Lunch: An apple and two oatmeal and honey cookies.
Dinner: Salad (plain lettuce again), this thing that's like a mozzarella stick but it also has bacon in it, chicken breast and 10 french fries.
I also had two cups of coffee. One of them with a cookie. That's 1322 calories.

I hit goal you guys!!! It took me 4 years minus 3 months but I did it!:encore::cheer2::cheer3::woohoo::cheer:

newleaf123
03-19-2014, 07:21 PM
Congratulations on meeting your goal, Marniadec!!

B: cappuccino, hot cereal w/banana
S: pineapple, handful of nuts
L: chipotle pepper hummus, snap peas, chicken quinoa salad, whole grain tortilla chips
S: barley miso broth, 1/2 handful of nuts
D: lemony cilantro chicken, spinach with lentils
S: 2 peanut butter filled pretzels

good day of wholesome food & portion control today :)

CoolMom75
03-19-2014, 08:16 PM
Congratulations, Marniadec!!!!!!! That is such an accomplishment!

thekiwi
03-19-2014, 08:43 PM
Way to go Marniadec!!!!!:cheer:

alaskanlaughter
03-19-2014, 08:52 PM
it's spring break here...that means I get up at 6 a.m. and go for a run/walk at the gym before going to work for a full day straight with no breaks/lunch...I did take a lunch today, which was nice...lots of students but i'm not super busy which is also nice....however i'm struggling with the same issues as last summer, where I keep wanting to eat, i'm around food All The Time and i'm so impulsive that I don't have the willpower to stay away from it :( and it's almost entirely carbs...ugh....I've got to come up with a strategy to manage my summer eating or i'm never going to get any more weight off *sigh*

kelijpa
03-19-2014, 09:05 PM
:congrat: marniadec wonderful news!

roadbikerchick I've been wondering about you, congrats on the grand baby and sorry to hear about your parents' accident, glad they're ok.

Had a good day, got in my exercise, no snacks at work, think I'm going to bed early tonight, have a good night everyone :sunny:

laciemn
03-19-2014, 09:18 PM
Awesome job, marniadec!
Welcome back, roadbikerchick!

Today was stressful. I didn't sleep enough last night and had lab practical today. Glad it's over, but my severe calorie restriction caught up with me today. I got a pretty bad headache at around 3, even though I did bring a salad for lunch. So, I had a 1/4 cheeseburger for supper and I will even allow for a snack later if I feel like it. Besides that, I had a fried egg and piece of toast for breakfast, a salad with two pieces of turkey bacon and cucumber, a piece of cinnamon raisin toast and a small bit of chocolate.

As far as exercise goes tonight, it's a stern no. I did think about it but not going for it. I will definitely get at it in the morning, though!

Waterbunny77
03-19-2014, 10:05 PM
Syckgirlsfy, I know what you mean, which is unfortunate about getting older. I'm 53 and I can attest to the slow weight loss. But all we have is time. :o

B: 2 pieces of dry toast
L: Half turkey sandwich, medium fries from McDonalds
S: Small ice cream cone
D: Half peanut butter and raisen sandwich and salad.

Diana3271
03-19-2014, 10:15 PM

DH is having issues with dinner again. We eat out a lot and he gets tired of the same thing over and over. He always eats different foods but is still tired of everything. I eat the same foods every day and I don't get tired of it. Go figure. :dunno: He's one of those people who is never happy. I like how I eat because I can eat a lot of food for lower calories. We ate where he wanted to eat tonight and I'm still hungry. He literally came home and fixed him something else to eat. He always eats snacks at night but he ate a whole meal again when we got home. I started taking my Synthroid at night. I am hoping that will help with my absorption issues. Since I take the meds at night now, I cannot eat anything else. Ha Ha I don't have issues with night time eating but tonight I would have probably eaten something else because I am literally hungry. I guess the Synthroid at night will be good for something.

Thekiwi Great job on your weigh in.

Kelijpa OMG! Icebergs! That's awful! :lol: Great job on your day. Rest well.

Carabelle Hi :wave:

Noshoes Great job sticking with your lifestyle change.

Laciemn Great job keeping things in moderation, yesterday. Sorry today was a stressful one for you. Hope tomorrow is better.

Roadbikerchick Welcome back! Congrats on the new grandbaby!

Miniapplecocoa Hi :wave:

CoolMon Congrats on the jeans fitting better.

Marniadec Congrats on meeting your goal! :congrat:

Newleaf Congrats on your day!

Alaskanlaughter Any thoughts on a strategy? I think it would be difficult for me too. Wishing you the best to figure something out.

Waterbunny Good job on your day.

Diana3271
03-19-2014, 10:20 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
3 chicken satay w/peanut sauce 300 calories
4 Fresh Basil Spring rolls w/sauce 400 calories
I looked the calories up online. I am unsure about the calories but feel they are somewhat close. Did I mention earlier that I AM STILL HUNGRY? :mad:

Exercise:
GYBB Pyramid Power w/5's
GYBB 60 Second Slimdown

alaskanlaughter
03-20-2014, 12:58 AM
I bought a pair of jeans today that I actually LIKE and they fit well :D it is LEI brand at Walmart and size 13 junior.....I was SHOCKED that I could fit something that small...I remember trying to stuff myself into that size years ago and I only tried them on because they were on sale super cheap....figured i'd try to squeeze into them and not be too sad when I need a bigger size and surprise (!) they actually fit really well and not at ALL tight :D

Waterbunny77
03-20-2014, 05:46 AM
Alaskanlaughter, good for you! I can't wait to fit into another size jeans, I know it will be quite exciting and worth the wait. :carrot:

kelijpa
03-20-2014, 05:46 AM
Congrats Alaskan that's a great feeling!

Down 0.9 to 157, hope I don't derail too bad on the weekend, need to stop the weekend splurging or at least tone it down.

B- honey bunches of oats, reduced sugar almond milk
L- spring mix, sprouts, dressing, salmon
D-? Salad maybe
S- banana, 2 oranges
E- walk, bike

:wave: NewLeaf!

laciemn hope you're feeling better, I'm feeling a little beaten up around the shoulders, I think it's from raking...

Diana hope you get to pick dinner tonight :D

Hope everyone has a great day! : sunny:

Diana3271
03-20-2014, 07:27 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Happy Spring! :sunny:

No yoga again. Too tired and too late.

Weigh In: 164.2
Down: .2 (I will gladly take it since we ate different than I normally do. )

Alaskanlaughter Great job on the jeans! :bravo: You are definitely making changes. Keep up the great work!

kelijpa I swear my DH is more hormonal than I am. :lol: Have a great one!

Enjoy your day!

Psychic
03-20-2014, 07:39 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1706
Today's Weight: 178.2

B - Scrambled Eggs & Cheese in Whole Wheat Tortilla
S - Sweet Nut & Berry Munch w/ 6 Mini Robin Eggs
L - Venison, Potatoes & Carrots
S - Heath Klondike Bar
D - Large Sweet Potato w/ Margarine & Marshmallow Fluff + Meatloaf
S - Honey Mustard & Onion Pretzels + Swiss Cheese

Exercise: Elliptical (-110) & Strength Training (-60)

My weight is really high today. I'm assuming its a mixture of sodium from the wings Tuesday night and water retention from working out yesterday. My calories would have been fine if my coworker didn't buy me ice cream again. I always ask him not to, but he does anyways. I've been doing well with the gym at least. I've been going, so that counts for something. I can see my muscles toning up again.

Once I'm home, I haven't been doing much because we haven't had gas for 3 days and its cold. We had a leaking underground gasline. It should be fixed today. It sucks not having gas because our heat, stove, water heater and dryer all run on gas.

roadbikerchick
03-20-2014, 09:05 AM
Good morning, everyone! :coffee:

Went over my calories yesterday - I didn't track as I went along, and when I finally did, I was waay over. 2200 calories. :eek: Weight is up a pound, too, to 153.2. Yup, time to get back on track.

Today is a new day, though. I'm telling myself to track calories as I go. I have a really tough bike workout to do, that I'm avoiding by writing this post. :devil:

Marniadec: :congrat: What wonderful news! Great job on getting to your goal through all the ups and downs over four years!

Alaskanlaughter: That's wonderful about the jeans. Enjoy it! :carrot:

I'll check back in later. Have a great, on-plan day everyone!

carabelle11
03-20-2014, 12:19 PM
B-oatmeal with flax,pancake,1pieceof ham
S-

Syckgirlsfv
03-20-2014, 12:25 PM
morning!

Diana that's a good idea...but it's hard when I have come to look so forward to that glass of wine at night! I will try it next week, since I have a final tonight and one on saturday - the wine helps me wind down from a late night class enough to go to sleep. Next week is my only week off and then Spring quarter starts!

I have had my coffee today (ganolife hazelnut cappuccino) and am thinking about breakfast - took the day off to study for tonight's accounting final. Thinking cereal this morning.

That's all I have so far, have a great day!

thekiwi
03-20-2014, 07:56 PM
Hey! Up to 147.6 today, whatevs.

Today was a really random day of eating, had a work certification really early out of town and then right when I started my workout at the gym (like, I did a 5 min warmup) I got called out to a birth.. Now I am really tired.. I thought about going in and just getting something in, but I don't think I'm going to make it in tonight. I'll just have to hit it hard tomorrow. (I'm feeling guilty. Two days in a row, gah! oh well. My eating today was great, even when things were unpredictable/stressful - which is usually when I reach for the starchy carbs and/or chocolate)

B: plain yogurt with a sliced strawberry and some pumpkin seeds
S: blackberries, strawberries, raw almonds
L: carrots and hummus
D: 3 eggs scrambled (I was starving!), some more carrots and hummus, kiwi sliced with strawberries, almond milk and pumpkin seeds.

I need to get some groceries.

Marniadec
03-20-2014, 08:24 PM
Thank you so much guys! I had to step on the scale three times today, too. I'm trying to think of something to buy as a reward but I can't... Any ideas?

alaskanlaughterdoesn't it feel great to fit into clothes you never thought you would? I don't know how you've managed to lose weight when you're around food all day at work. Maybe try to not eat for one day and then build momentum? You could also figure out a reward system. But yeah, it sounds pretty tough.

laciemn by how much are you undereating? I've been getting some headaches too and I do think it's from undereating. I need to take a day off but I'm too scared to.

Diana my brother used to get that a lot. He mostly bought takeout and we live in a small town, so he'd get tired of eating the same things over and over. He solved it by going to college and having me cook "weird internet food" for him. I kept trying to convince him to start eating because he had to instead of eating because he liked x food, which is how I solved it and developed better eating habits but I never managed to. Also, just so you know, when you eat 20% of your Synthroid goes to waste. If you take an extra 20%, you can eat.

kelijpa Congrats on the loss! I'm trying to convince myself not to derail to. But it's nice to do that once in a while, isn't it? A nutricionist once told my mom that it's good because it helps avoid plateaus, but I don't know if it's true.

Psychic, I hope your gas gets fixed soon! I was without gas last January and it really did suck. I was gone for 18 days and I'd left the windows open, so it was freezing when I got back.

roadbikerchick it's probably just water. That's one good thing about losing weight as slowly as I do. You memorize the calories in everything. :p

Syckgirlsfv Wine doesn't have many calories but I do think it makes you bloat. I go out to eat with friends about once a week or so. We don't always order main dishes but we do order wine and appetizers. No matter what I eat, I wake up bloated the next day.

thekiwi no reason to feel guilty. Hope tomorrow is better!

I went shopping with two friends today. They're both thinner than I am, not by much but to me they look thin and I don't. We went to this store that carries too small sizes and we all got the same dress. Not only did I fit into size L but both my friends got the same size as I did! I keep looking at myself in the mirror and trying to understand why but I can't. I'm pretty glad, though! Then we came home and we just had coffee in my balcony. We've been having such great weather lately.

Breakfast: Yogurt with a bit of honey and some corn flakes.
Lunch: Spaghetti with a chicken drumstick and tomato sauce, salad, tirosalata.
Dinner: Same as lunch.
Snack: An orange, coffee and a tiny bit of chocolate.
Calories: 1232

newleaf123
03-20-2014, 08:28 PM
B: cappuccino, portabella & carmelized onion fritatta
S: papaya protein shake, 1/2 handful nuts
L: salad of arugula, tomato, red pepper, snap peas, hummus, no dressing; chicken quinoa salad
S: 2 bananas, whole grain tortilla chips, hummus
D: salad of lettuce, tomato, red pepper, snap peas, zucchini; jalapeno pickles; slice of muenster cheese, 4 peanut butter pretzels
S: 1/2 handful of nuts

Diana3271
03-20-2014, 09:52 PM

Kelijpa Great job on the .9!

Psychic I hope you are able to get the gas back on in your home. I know that must be an inconvenience.

Roadbikerchick New day and keep trying. Did you get the tough bike workout done?

Carabelle Hi :wave:

Syckgirlsfv Make sure you don't make all the changes at once. Make a change and give it a couple of weeks to see how it's going.

Thekiwi Good job with the food choices today. You can get a workout in tomorrow.

Marniadec Sounds like you had an awesome day! :carrot:

Newleaf Good job on your day.

Diana3271
03-20-2014, 09:55 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled Chicken breast 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
TF Fire 30

miniapplecocoa
03-20-2014, 10:47 PM
Hi everyone! Hey Diana: I made an appointment with the NP to have my hormone levels checked. The peri-menopause is driving me insane. I'm hoping for some progesterone cream or something. Thanks for the noticing. I think your right.

marniadec- I know I'm late but WOO HOO! YAY!

Alaskan: see your hard work IS paying off. Yay!

Did the 4 mile walk video yesterday and 1/2 of it today. I then walked the dogs so fast they were running for the rest of the hour. LOL! I was late for work. LOL!

Not up to full calories yet. Not hungry and cranky since this morning too. But, its ok. It's an up-down-night sweat, hormone life sometimes. LOL!

Good nite everyone!

Waterbunny77
03-20-2014, 11:18 PM
Going to have a nice decent day tomorrow, at least in the 50's but I hope the sun shines too. Also, I just started a new job and today was my second day but my first day of training......I'm so overwhelmed! I think I will do fine though once I get on the phones and get used to them. And now the drum roll..........

B: Yogurt with raisens, 2 pcs. of buttered toast
S: Banana
L: Chicken salad and Hershey's candy bar
D: 1.5 servings of Tostitos and 1 bite of cake

Diana3271
03-21-2014, 07:26 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :yay:

I finally was able to do some relaxing yoga before bed.

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

Down: .2

It is moving slowly, but at least it's moving (in the right direction :lol:). Gotta think positive. ;)

Have a great day and start to your weekend! :yay:

Psychic
03-21-2014, 07:40 AM
Yesterday's Calories: 1925
Today's Weight: 177.4

B - Quaker Peach Almond Oatmeal
S - Special K White Fudge Dipped Pretzels
L - Whole Wheat Pasta w/ Alfredo & Chicken Breast + Whole Wheat Breadstick + Sliced Strawberries + Celery Sticks
S - 7 oz. Rita's Coconut Cream Italian Ice
D - McDonald's Grilled Chicken Bacon Clubhouse + Value Fry
S - 100 Calorie Popcorn
Exercise: Walking (-100)

Didn't do great yesterday, but that's okay. Was out of the house with mom most of the night because the company was working on our gasline and we had no place to park. Getting back on track today. The bloat is finally going away. Hoping to see myself at 176 again tomorrow.

I love the lunches we get at work. Since I work at a school, I get cafeteria lunches for only $3.25. That includes the entree, 2 servings of veggies/fruit, plus milk,powerade, or 100% juice. Plus, everything is either whole wheat or whole grains.

Marniadec
03-21-2014, 11:30 AM
Just jumping in to say that I ate more yesterday. I've honestly been starving for days and I thought it would be better to eat at maintenance before I get tired and give up again.

Τhen this morning a SOB who owns a storage unit underneath my apartment in Salonika called me to yell at both me and my mom for no reason. My mom got really upset but it turned out to be a good thing because she decided to leave the house at last. We went to a restaurant and then we had coffee. I've probably eaten all my calories for the day. I might try to not eat today, I have no idea.

Radiojane
03-21-2014, 12:51 PM
No change on the scale today.

Did my 30 minute swim and a good 30 minutes with the dog at a good pace yesterday. (The dog tires out about half way through and wants to stop and smell all the roses!) Had a little birthday cake at work for a colleague's birthday, but didn't really eat much more yesterday, Just a couple rollmops and some kale.

Have a great day everyone!

Syckgirlsfv
03-21-2014, 01:11 PM
last night's accounting final was ridiculously hard! I'm glad it's over, though...you know it's harder than it should be when the entire class is still sitting there when the professor calls time, 2 and 1/2 hours later!!!! :stress: I probably will walk away from the class with a 'B'. BOO. CIS final tomorrow - a much easier final! At least I don't have to stress about it...my brain still hurts from studying yesterday - around 5 hours of it and STILL some of the material on the final made me go WTF? :?::?::?: Anyway, it's over. :D

I'm home today because I took 2 vacation days...DH is in the kitchen making eggs and bakey :dizzy::p we are going to take a long bike ride later, which I need because of the stress yesterday! :bike2: while out we'll pick up American Hustle from Redbox...I already reserved it. :D

OK today food...
B - egg whites mixed w/potatoes and ground beef (small amount), bacon, and sourdough toast.
that's all I know so far! I'd like to go ride Chandler bike path...good ride. Gotta get DH to agree, he likes to ride the neighborhoods around here because they're so pretty and we like to see what's for sale. Have a great FRIDAY all!!!!!:sunny::sunny::sunny:

CoolMom75
03-21-2014, 01:23 PM
We had our weekly homemade pizza last night and I ate a ridiculous amount. I need to get another healthy soup made ASAP!

Radiojane, all my dog does is stop and smell the roses. He has to mark every three feet and I would never get a good walk with him. I did find that if I turn around halfway around the block, instead of going all the way around, he will walk better since he already marked that half. Ha! Not a good walking buddy, for sure.

Bootcamp class is going to include some HIT exercises the instructor took a class on today. I'm going to be hurting!

thekiwi
03-21-2014, 04:18 PM
Good day today so far.

Weighed in at 146.6. I'll take it.

B: 1 egg scrambled, sliced kiwi, almonds
S: blueberries and almond milk with pumpkin seeds, baby carrots
Post workout: green smoothie - protein powder, blueberries, spinach, cucumber, almond milk.
D: will likely be eggs and veggies

Workout: I got my weights in! Major lifts were squats and overhead press. Pretty fun. I squatted 105 today, for my last set, and was able to overhead press 50 lbs (I struggled a little bit on my last rep). Not super impressive but it is progress for me, definitely. It's getting a little easier for me to be in the weight room. I still need to give myself a pep talk and tell myself I don't care what the guys think of me (in reality, I know they probably don't think of me at all, but my mind is irrational!). Then I did a bunch of other things. I did some chest, back and leg machines. 25 minutes of cardio, I was going to try and do it all on the step machine but man that one is tough. I did only 10 minutes there, and then the rest on the arctrainer. It's beautiful out today, should have thought about running outside! I may do that tomorrow if it's nice.

Marniadec
03-21-2014, 04:38 PM
miniapplecocoa Thanks!!! What video are you doing? I'm trying to find a work out video that will be easy on the knees and that I'll be able to find in Europe.

Waterbunny77 It's very sunny here, too. But the temperature will go down on Monday. Of course you're going to be overwhelmed, it's just your first day! You'll get the hang of it, though. Good luck!

Diana3271 I used to do hurdling yoga --that's yoga with one cat climbing all over you and another cat playing with your ponytail. I can't say my version was particularly relaxing but plain yoga should be.

Psychic I'd never imagine that you get these meals at a school cafeteria. You're lucky!

Radiojane haha, my best friend's dog is like that. She's pretty heavy and she just stops and lays down in the middle of the walk. It's too funny.

Syckgirlsfv Good luck on your finals!

CoolMom75 I've had a craving for pizza the last few days, so your post was exactly what I needed to read right now. :p Just do a lot of stretching (there are 10-minute videos on youtube that used to seem ridiculous but they really were useful) and you'll be fine!

thekiwi sounds pretty impressive to me! :p And you'll only get better.

It's 10:26 pm now and I'm just starting to get hungry. The idiot only let me get 3 hours of sleep, so I guess I won't eat and I'll try to go to bed early.

So, I only had lunch again:
Salad: Cabbage, carrot, red bell pepper and parsley. They're supposed to be pickled in this salad but they weren't.
Appetizer: We got those mozzarella sticks that aren't made with mozzarella and they also have bacon, again. The cheese is too melty and I can't resist.
Main dish: Half a chicken breast with a creamy philadelphia sauce and 10 french fries.
Dessert: Two bites of chocolate cake. There were literally two bites of it. Boo.
Coffee: Iced latte macchiatto.
Calories: 1355.

CoolMom75
03-21-2014, 05:16 PM
Workout: I got my weights in! Major lifts were squats and overhead press. Pretty fun. I squatted 105 today, for my last set, and was able to overhead press 50 lbs (I struggled a little bit on my last rep). Not super impressive but it is progress for me, definitely. It's getting a little easier for me to be in the weight room. I still need to give myself a pep talk and tell myself I don't care what the guys think of me (in reality, I know they probably don't think of me at all, but my mind is irrational!). Then I did a bunch of other things. I did some chest, back and leg machines. 25 minutes of cardio, I was going to try and do it all on the step machine but man that one is tough. I did only 10 minutes there, and then the rest on the arctrainer. It's beautiful out today, should have thought about running outside! I may do that tomorrow if it's nice.

Those seem like good numbers to me! For back squats, I use the assist bar and 25 pounds on each side. Maybe only the 10-12 pounders for front squats. And bench press is 15 or less on each side. Upper body strength has always been a weak spot for me. No pull ups for this girl!

Waterbunny77
03-21-2014, 08:32 PM
Thanks Marniadec, well today I ate an early dinner at TGIF! Though the plates were a bit small it was good enough for me, so here we go!.....

B: Banana
L: Half peanut butter raisen sandwich on flat bread
D: Small bread stick, rice, grilled chicken with cheese and shrimp and vegies.

That's clearly enough and I guess Sunday morning would be a good day to weigh in.

IanG
03-21-2014, 09:34 PM
I'm back. I was in Brussels this week for work. I ate a lot of fresh fish. Ran outside a lot. And tried to do some weight training in a badly equipped gym. Weighed once and I was about 170. Did some nice shopping and bought some fantastic canned crab, oysters and honey.

So, as usual, I will start again tomorrow. Back on the canned fish though. I will miss the fresh.

miniapplecocoa
03-21-2014, 09:38 PM
Hi again Marniadec: I use " Leslie Sansone Walk at home- Walk Slim 4 really big miles" Its pretty old at least two years. It had a rubber band thingy in it for strength training while you walk too. I'll be you can get it for a deal on Amazon. It was cheap when I bought it. LOL! The tape last 51 minutes and can be done really low impact. I think most of her stuff is low impact and one more thing. You can get a lot of her stuff for free on YouTube. Yay! Good luck. Your outing with your Mom sounds nice too. Keep going strong!

miniapplecocoa
03-21-2014, 09:50 PM
RadioJane and CoolMom, walking the dog can be the worst walk at times. Here comes a story: My Pekinese loves to dive roll in the snow. I then end up dragging her on her back like she is a sleigh. She is laughing, I am laughing and the walk is a bust. LOL! I end up having to walk so fast its almost a run to make her stop doing it. Meanwhile, the Bichon is peeing on anything that is sticking up from the ground. Even a puney stick or a random leaf. I just thought I'd share.

Larry H
03-21-2014, 10:35 PM
I have been away from the forum for a while. My diet has been going well however with the exception of a one day mini binge.

Today's food was 1,100 calories

Lunch
Collard Greens - Cooked, Plain, No Salt, 0.5 cup
White Mashed Potato, 1/2 cup cooked
American Cheese - Deli Slice 3/4oz, 1 slice
Chicken Breast - 1/2 Small Breast- Broiled
Beans - Green, Boiled, 100 g

Dinner
Progresso Light Italian Style Meatball , 2 Cup
Bush's - Black Beans Reduced Sodium , 1 can
Great Value - Cut Green Beans (No Salt Added), 1 3/4 Cup

Snacks
Granny Smith Apple, 2 medium

Diana3271
03-21-2014, 10:38 PM
Hi Everyone :wave:

We went to visit our sick friend. I don't think he has much time left. It was a good visit though. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Ian Welcome back!

miniapplecocoa I can see those two now! Since you work with dogs, have you ever heard of a person using an electric toothbrush to brush their dogs teeth? I started using an electric toothbrush with Cody when his regular teeth started coming in. I turn the toothbrush on and he comes running. He loves it.

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 calories)
Grilled chicken breast 400 calories
2 orders steamed veggies 200 calories

Exercise:
GYBB Gorgeous Glutes w/5's
TJ Cardio Part Mix 2

kelijpa
03-21-2014, 10:40 PM
Hi all, we're away this weekend, didn't eat too bad, got in my exercises so calling it a good day!

laciemn
03-21-2014, 10:44 PM
Welcome back, Larry and Ian!
Kelijpa, thanks! I did feel much better after Wednesday and even better now that it's the weekend.
Marniadec, I'm not sure how much I've been "undereating" but I definitely know that the only way to tell if it's a headache is from hunger is to just eat and if it goes away, then that's the problem. It's not that big of a deal if that happens though, just eat one good meal and go back the same way you were eating before.

I've been staying on plan. Today, I ate 2 cookies, 2 eggs, 2 pieces of toast 2 rice cakes(2 of everything?), a graham cracker, and a shot of whiskey and a couple of crackers. I might eat something else later.

Larry H
03-21-2014, 11:04 PM
Between, Shriners volunteer work, my DW's vertigo (she is better now) and my yard and garden preparations I barely have had time to sleep.

I suspected my anemia returned due to extreme fatigue returning. My doctor had blood tests done. Yes my anemia is back but the doctor says it is mild. He said my good and bad cholesterol ratio is excellent but my total cholesterol is too low. I have never heard a doctor tell anyone that their cholesterol was too low. :D:carrot::D

My low fat meals must be having an effect.

Diana3271
03-22-2014, 07:59 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Happy Weekend! :sunny:

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM/PM Yoga for Beginners

Weigh In: 163.8
Down: .2 :snail: :lol:

Have a great day!

Syckgirlsfv
03-22-2014, 12:22 PM
morning! just finished my CIS final...easy-peazy lemon squeezy!

weight holding steady, but I did have two shots of tequila last night and snacked a little, too. had a slice of light swiss between two pieces of sourdough toast with a tiny bit of light mayo and some grey poupon before final. Going to do our taxes today (RAWR) and then DH wants to go to lunch to celebrate the end of my Winter quarter. HA! Spring quarter starts in a week!

rode bikes yesterday, almost 11 miles. My brain needed a rest...it was nice :D

going to get some more coffee now! :coffee::coffee2:

CoolMom75
03-22-2014, 02:42 PM
I did the exercise class all week, like planned, but ended on two high calorie days. Now I need to remind myself it's 80% diet, 20% exercise and not let the calorie creep set in.

Menu planning day!

alaskanlaughter
03-22-2014, 02:46 PM
I ran and walked at the gym 4 out of the 5 work days this week...work was killer and busy but not as busy as it could have been and spring break went really well at work...the boys stayed home and managed not to kill each other :) although I got a bunch of phone calls tattling on each other lol

i'm sore and retaining water and can feel it in my hands and wrists...I ate more than normal this week and it wasn't healthy :( ugh so i'm not weighing for a bit

it's a rest day from a workout today but I have lots of other things to get done on the weekend

Radiojane
03-22-2014, 04:25 PM
Taking today off from swimming and dropping my carbs down again to get back into a deep ketosis. I'm seeing body composition changes, but I need to get some of this fat moving again.

Yesterday 30 minute swim
Calories were 1880

shr1nk1ngme
03-22-2014, 05:52 PM
Taking today off from swimming and dropping my carbs down again to get back into a deep ketosis. I'm seeing body composition changes, but I need to get some of this fat moving again.

Sounds like a plan! Adding fat and lowering carbs, along with JUDDD (intermittent fasting) always seems to work for me.

I haven't been exercising as much as I did in February though, because donating plasma twice a week really takes the umph out of me. I am still walking an hour five times a week, but I have stopped all the squats and abs workouts for now. Once I reach goal I hope will be able to add squats, abs, and weights back in because I will be increasing my calories at that time and my body will be used to donating plasma by then, too.

thekiwi
03-22-2014, 07:48 PM
Weight today was 145.6. Planned on going to the gym but got called for work. I think I'm going to do some nighttime skiing with a friend though!

Foodstuffs:
B: scrambled eggs and green smoothie
L: greek yogurt with strawberries, blackberries and pumpkin seeds
S: oikos greek yogurt, strawberry fruit bottom.
D: Salmon salad; dessert was fruit (strawberries and kiwis) and greek yogurt with chopped almonds on top. Yummy. I've been holding steady at about 1300-1350 calories/day.

Marniadec
03-22-2014, 07:50 PM
Really quickly because I'm tired again. My food today was crap because I've been going from cafeteria to cafeteria. :p

I also went shopping again. I got a pair of pants and a t-shirt. The pants were large size and the t-shirt was small. And they're both from the same store with the small sizes. And I got a compliment for my figure which happens every time I walk into a store lately. It's such a nice change from what used to be. They'd either kick me out right away or they'd get all depressed.

Breakfast: Coffee and 2 cookies that have jelly in the middle and one edge is dipped in chocolate. One had chocolate sprinkles on the jelly and the other had coconut.
Lunch: Pasta with marinara sauce and various vegetables with a tiny bit of feta cheese:
Dinner: Yogurt with honey and corn flakes.
I had another cup of my regular coffee with another cookie that has jelly in the middle. And after that I had a latte machiatto and 2 tiny dark chocolate cookies with milk and white chocolate chips.
Calories: 1196

I might eat more but I don't think so because I'm too tired to be hungry...

laciemn
03-22-2014, 08:18 PM
Small victory! Found a cute size 12 dress at the thrift store. Only $5! Anyway, I broke my scale. I was going to replace the battery and got a little forceful with it. Oops!
Today, I had 2 graham crackers, a bunch of roasted peppers, a can of tuna with crackers, 2 cookies, and a hamburger patty with cheese and a salad.

Waterbunny77
03-22-2014, 09:00 PM
Laciemn, sorry you broke your scale because I know those things aren't cheap.

Even though I had which seemed like the richest tastiest donut at work, I still did well. :carrot:

B: 3 eggs
S: Donut
L: tuna fish, one slice of bread
D: Half peanut butter sandwich and Tostitos

:dizzy:

IanG
03-22-2014, 09:27 PM
Thanks for all the welcome backs. Glad to see that Larry was gone with me!

I was 170lbs on the nose today. I am slowly getting back into my home regime which is tough after a trip. Calories will be about 1500 today.

Breakfast
oats 5 300 8 54
Flaxseed milk 4 38 0 2
dried apricot 0 32 0 9
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Vital choice sardines 11 180 19 1
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Skipanon Smoked sturgeon 2.8 132 24 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 100 10 10

Total 44 1447 127 131
Weight 170
Protein/weight ratio 0.74
Calories 2380 2720
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 32 48
20% less calories to cut 1904

Exercise: Ran 3.5 miles outside. Did 50 minutes weight training after lunch. Did six sets of squats. Ouch.

miniapplecocoa
03-22-2014, 09:38 PM
Hi everyone!

Woo I'm pooped! Worked the shop alone this week and yesterday had 6 very matted and angry little dogs to deal with. Ugg I'm glad its over. Yay!

Miss Diana: I just want to hug you thru the computer! That is one of the single most important things you can do for your dog's health. And with an electric toothbrush! : ) go girl. Groomer happiness! I'll bet Codie has the prettiest smile of all. A lot of people don't understand at all "BRUSH YOUR DOGS TEETH JUST LIKE YOU DO YOUR OWN!" It will save money in the long run and his/her health. The big company I was trained at sold them. ($$$)A regular spin brush works good too, with dog tooth paste only. ( shameless dog toothbrushing plug!) ;)

Today, I'm still a little low on calories but, I'm gonna put on a spread for me and the dogs in the AM. Pancakes, turkey bacon, omelet and probably some jicama cooked like home-fries w onions and peppers. Sugar-free cranberry juice too. Yum! All program food but served at the table with real dishes, like I'm somebody special. I am. I'll make my dogs some cookies later with peanut butter, oats and chicken bullion. Woo Hoo. Watch LifeTime all day and ride my peddler. That's the plan anyway.

Have a beautiful rest of the weekend every body!

Diana3271
03-22-2014, 10:44 PM

I had to do some more shopping today. I don't have many dress clothes. Our friend is going to pass away soon. I needed to get some clothes so I can attend his services. I am not a fan of shopping, at all. I am so glad that I found a lady that I can work with at Dillards. She is a personal shopper. They don't charge for this service and it's wonderful for someone like me. I have worked with her a few times. It really impresses me that she tries to work from the sale rack. I thanked her for that today. So, I got everything I will need and I like how I look in the clothes. That problem solved. I was having to eat lunch out today and not in an area where I normally eat. I went to a soup/sandwich shop. I eat regular sandwiches during the week, so I really enjoy chicken salad sandwiches at other times. I ordered a chicken salad sandwich. It comes with a side of chips or a "taste" of soup. I don't need the chips and I know the soup would probably do a number on me with the sodium. I chose not to get a side and only eat the chicken salad sandwich. I was under stress because of the situation with our friend and having to do shopping. I feel I handled the situation well today.

This is going to be a quick post. It was a long day!

miniapplecocoa I use a spin brush on Cody! :D I also have an extra Sonicare brush. One of the toothbrushes from the Sonicare set broke, so I replaced it for me and DH. The extra one is for Cody. :D It sounds like you had your hands full yesterday with the matted pups.

Total Approx 1535 + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (500 Calories)
Chicken salad sandwich 500 calories

Dinner (640 Calories)
Artisan Bistro salmon dinner 280 calories
sauteed asparagus 100 calories
vanilla yogurt 100 calories
topped with Dole Apple cinnamon fruit crisp 160 calories

Exercise:
GYBB Slim and Strong Arms w/5's
TF Fire 30 w/#1 hand weights

alaskanlaughter
03-23-2014, 01:36 AM
Diana i'm so very sorry about your friend and his health :( having just had a family loss, it's still very fresh in my heart

the basketball game was amazing! our village team won the championship by three points in overtime!! what a trip! and there was frybread too :) yummm

eating was really good today....calories low and carbs under 150 which was a success for me....my eating is always much better on days that I don't workout

Diana3271
03-23-2014, 08:29 AM

I didn't add on any yoga last night. I was just too tired and it was too late.

Our friend was asking for DH yesterday. We were just there with him on Friday night. DH was at the farm yesterday. You can't always get good reception in that area. I called DH and left a message for him. When he got the message about our friend, he left the farm and went to our friend's house. He didn't get home until after 9 PM so we ate dinner late. This will be the norm for us since the time change. This gives DH more daylight to work longer or hunt at the farm. I had a gain from eating late. I prefer to eat dinner with my DH. I might have to start eating earlier. It seems like when I eat that late the food sits heavier in my stomach. I know the gain will regulate since it's only because the food hasn't processed yet.

Alaskanlaughter Thank you. It sounds like you had a good day.

Calories for yesterday: 1535 + :coffee:
Up: .6

Have a great day!

Marniadec
03-23-2014, 09:07 AM
Diana, I just wanted to say that I'm sorry about your friend... My grandma had two different cancers and we were just sitting around and waiting for her to die. It's like you're grieving for someone before he even dies, it's an awful feeling...

novangel
03-23-2014, 10:05 AM
Hey, all. :wave:

Diana, :hug: In regards to your friend. I'm sorry.

I'm still having an excellent March, best since the last! I was really on and off the whole year but I've been a running machine almost everyday! :carrot::carrot:

Weight is still the same 138-140p but TOM is due AGAIN. I will see what I weigh after, I'm curious to see if I have lost anything from all this extra running. Probably not but I feel good mentally and that's enough for me.

I spoke with the wedding consultant from the resort yesterday and everything is all set. I just need to move my a** on mailing copies of notarized documents and passports..I have till August/Sept but still.

Radiojane
03-23-2014, 12:13 PM
Just a fly by. I need to get some housework done. 2.6 down this morning. Water weight but I'll take it. Have a good day!

CoolMom75
03-23-2014, 03:57 PM
I made grits (first time!) with roasted cherry tomatoes on top and it is good and cheap. The kids weren't having it though. I'll need to work on some kid-friendly versions to ease them in. Congee is on my to-try list too. One dish meals make me happy.

Meal plan today:

Grits, coffee with milk
Chicken noodle soup

Waterbunny77
03-23-2014, 07:19 PM
Coolmom75, did you put butter in your grits, that's what really brings out the taste. I love grits, though this is the season for hot grits, I've been a bit lazy making them. On the other hand........

B: Half peanut butter/raisen sandwich on flatbread and chips
S: 1 cookie
D: Caesar salad and pretzel rods
S: Blueberry yogurt

IanG
03-23-2014, 07:46 PM
Down 2.6lbs today to 167.4lbs. Nice. Must have had some water weight. I have decided to drop the anchovies for a few days to see what that does. Calories will be about 1600 today.

Breakfast
oats 5 300 8 54
Flaxseed milk 4 38 0 2
dried apricot 0 32 0 9
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Coffee 3 25 0 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
East Point shrimp 2 100 22 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 100 10 10

Total 58 1635 150 128
Weight 167.4
Protein/weight ratio 0.89
Calories 2344 2678
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 36 55
20% less calories to cut 1875

Exercise: Ran 3.5 miles. Did 55 minutes weight training.

CoolMom75
03-23-2014, 08:05 PM
Coolmom75, did you put butter in your grits, that's what really brings out the taste. I love grits, though this is the season for hot grits, I've been a bit lazy making them. On the other hand........

Yes, butter and parmasean. Mmmm!

Cleaning up the kids uneaten grits set me back 560 cals but it was brunch and very filling.

thekiwi
03-23-2014, 08:20 PM
Up 1.8 to 148.2 this morning. I ended up having a mini-binge on fruit (canteloupe - I ate a whole canteloupe! So ridiculous) last night. Feeling stressed about school..

B: Protein shake, coffee
L: Green smoothie (Protein powder, blueberries, spinach, cucumber, kiwi, almond milk)
D: Scrambled eggs, fruit with plain greek yogurt and pumpkin seeds

Workout: strength training for about an hour. No cardio. Studying....

Diana3271
03-23-2014, 09:29 PM

Thank you for the support about our friend. I didn't get a chance to workout today. We went to visit Danny. We just got home so this will be a quick post.

Total Approx 1495 Calories + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (500 calories)
Curry chicken salad sandwich on pumpernickel 450 calories
small fruit cup 50 calories

Dinner (600 calories)
grilled salmon 300 calories
steamed broccoli 100 calories
chocolate gelato 4 ounces 200

Enjoy your evening.

Larry H
03-23-2014, 09:50 PM
Diana Sorry to hear about your friend :(

Yesterday was another crazy day for me. I participated in a huge parade. The route was over 4 miles and the news said that it had 80,000 spectators. We (The Shriners) were first to step off and when I finished DW and I were on opposite sides of the parade route with no way to cross until the parade finished 3 hours later. I got sunburn on my face and ears but luckily I have the type of complexion where a sunburn only lasts for a day tor two.

I only ate one meal yesterday. Parade preparations were during breakfast time and the parade stepped off at noon so no lunch and by the time every thing was loaded to go home it was 4 PM. So we ate at a Golden Corral on the way home. I followed my Volumetrics plan by eating vegetables with a little baked fish. I ate "NO" red meat and no fried foods. I ended the day with 965 calories total. :D:D

miniapplecocoa
03-23-2014, 10:00 PM
Diana: So sorry you have to go thru the loss of your friend. It must be difficult to watch. What can anyone of us say? No words ever seem adequate to me. :(

Today, I realized that big spread I had planned for myself was just more of the same behavior that got me sick in the first place. I was going to reward my hard work with a big giant buffet style brunch and pork up the dogs too. I was giddy when I got up and felt like I had a big treat waiting for me inside my fridge. GASP! Its the ugly truth.

So when I realized what I was doing, I stopped and really thought about it. I still wanted some kind of reward for my hard work all week. I went looking on the internet for what others do for non-food rewards. There was a lot of spending money (wrong...same troublesome behavior for me), baths and more exercise. Taking a bath is not a reward for me. I do it every day. LOL! I don't really like when others touch me- pedicures, facials, massages. Too much touching by doctors I think. Feels invasive.

So, I ate my regular breakfast and took the dogs out to the dog yard to play as long as they wanted. It was so cold they didn't even want to play, just potty and come back in the house. I couldn't believe it! Took all of 15minutes. That is a first really.

So after the failed play date, I realized I did not have a full length mirror in my house. All my mirrors only go to the neck or boobs. LOL, On purpose!

So went and I got two mirrors for my hallway closet doors so I could 'watch' my progress. Now, every time I go to the rest room, I can see how jiggle my rear end is. Reward? I don't know but an eye opener for sure. It seemed like a good idea at the time. LOL! Ate on plan for the rest of the day. Dr's in the AM so no food for 12 hours. No formal exercise today.

Good night everyone!

laciemn
03-23-2014, 10:37 PM
So before I broke my scale, my last known weight was 154. I am hoping for a nice surprise when I finally get a new scale!

Today was reeeally tough. I kept wanting to eat. I notice I immediately want to stuff my face after a few minor arguments with family. Stress, in particularly conflict, sadness or loneliness, really makes me want to eat for NO reason! Not to mention, I was really hungry the first part of the day. I ate a turkey BLT and then an egg and cheese sandwich as an early lunch.

I continued snacking on a couple ounces of chocolate and some pretzels and takis. Not more than a serving of those, I don't think. I also ate 2 pieces of cinnamon raisin toast. For dinner, I had tilapia with butter and apple sauce and a piece of raisin toast. I don't think what I ate was that bad, but I came really close to just eating a bunch. I kept having the urge to eat! Even now, I feel kind of hungry-ish. I think the only reason I have avoided over doing it today was because I don't really want snack food so much as some giant portion of some kind of comfort food, like some meat and potatoes type of food or something, or chicken and rice, or really anything besides bloody eggs and turkey bacon!

Radiojane
03-24-2014, 12:07 AM
Definitely back in ketosis. Hoping the energy upswing his tomorrow.

Calories for today are 1695:
Bacon and eggs
Tuna with mayo
Broccoli
Dill pickles
Chicken breast.

No workout but took my nephews swimming for about an hour.

Syckgirlsfv
03-24-2014, 12:27 AM
Had a nice day today. Had bacon and eggs before church this morning, and one piece of sourdough toast. No lunch, just a few pretzel chips with jalape˝o Greek yogurt dip and a small sliver of flourless chocolate cake.

DH grilled tonight out in the yard, and I had a filet mignon, tater tots, and zoodles ;). He is a bad influence and I had a few squares of a chocolate bar :/. I'm now having a glass of wine and then bedtime. We also walked for an hour this afternoon :D

Marniadec
03-24-2014, 12:51 AM
Bad day today. Too many things that reminded me of my brother. I'm actually starting to think that I may have PSTD. There are things that I can only describe as triggers and they just take me back to that night. I panick, I start to shake and I can't breath for a few seconds.

Breakfast: Coffee and three cookies.
Lunch: Orzo pasta and beef with marinara sauce and graviera cheese on top. They were baked. Also salad and feta cheese.
Dinner: Same as lunch.
I also had a cup of ice tea but I made it in my nespresso machine and it only has 23 calories.
Calories: 1511

kelijpa
03-24-2014, 05:35 AM
Sorry to hear about your bad day Marniadec., very sad.

Returned from the weekend, not horrible, but I had a sore gum that slowed me down, feeling better, one night I felt like it was getting infected, but luckily it didn't, almost well again.

Going for a juice/veg today maybe that will kick start things a bit.

Sat. Was beautiful, yesterday not so much and frigid again today, wahh... Yesterday I did get in a good jog, there was a really nice park with a couple walking/jogging trails, I managed to get in a nice jog 2.5 miles, yippee.

Hope everyone has a great day!!:sunny:

Diana3271
03-24-2014, 07:25 AM

Last night I did: 10 Minute PM De-Stressor from Rodney Yee's Yoga Now

Calories for yesterday: 1495 + :coffee:

Have a great start to your week!

Psychic
03-24-2014, 07:37 AM
Long weekend. Spent it out with friends, so I ate a bit more than I usually would. Today's weight is 176.4, which is good for calorie-heavy weekend. Back to the grind today. Gym later.

Joan
03-24-2014, 08:54 AM
Hello, all. I pop in and out of this board erratically. I am stuck in the 160s. I Zumba four times a week and don't eat HORRIBLY, but always just a little too much, especially at night. I really have to make that push, because I'm not comfortable at this weight.
I'm a young over-50, but man it's tough when the old metabolism slows down...

IanG
03-24-2014, 10:58 AM
Down 0.4lbs to 167.0lbs. First day back at work after my trip. Calories will be 1600-1700 today. No anchovies. Let's see what happens.

Breakfast
oats 5 300 8 54
Flaxseed milk 4 38 0 2
dried apricot 0 32 0 9
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Coffee 3 25 0 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Pan-seared shad roe 16 275 36 3
Cockles 1 50 8 4
Honey 0 64 0 17
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 100 10 10

Total 58 1640 147 138
Weight 167
Protein/weight ratio 0.88
Calories 2338 2672
20% less calories to cut 1870

Exercise: Will do 50 minutes weight training before lunch. Will run 3.5 miles at some point in the afternoon.

Syckgirlsfv
03-24-2014, 01:00 PM
morning all! I have exactly one week off of school and then Spring quarter starts. I am just waiting for my grades for Winter!

I haven't eaten yet, but I do have a half cup of cottage cheese and a banana for breakfast/snack.
L - leftovers from the other night - chicken breast/cream of broccoli soup/chopped broccoli cooked in the pressure cooker. YUM!
D - taco seasoned ground turkey, re-fried beans (or black beans), baby spinach made in to either tacos or a burrito.
going for a nice long bikeride! Up a couple pounds from this weekends bad choices :( (tequila shots, chocolate bar, pudding ring) I feel it starting to come off already but I'm really going to try harder this week.

I have one small glass of wine left, and I'm going to have it at bedtime tonight, but the rest of the week will be none. We'll see if that works. :/

laciemn
03-24-2014, 05:32 PM
Syckgirlsfv, good luck with your grades! Enjoy your week off. I always usually find it easier to make healthy choices when the stress of finals is over.

Marniadec, hang in there! Some days really take a toll but tomorrow will be much better, I'm sure.

Today, in contrast to yesterday, was a good day. I stayed hella focused in class and studied between, limited caffeine, didn't spend any money besides gas, and I managed it all off only 6 hours of sleep.

Being busy at school, I didn't really think at all about food. I did get very hungry around 1, but luckily a brought some lunch with me. For breakfast, I had a slice of toast and 2 mini cookies. For lunch, I had a breakfast bowl with egg, bacon and potatoes. Small portion, though! I don't know what I'll have for dinner, but it will probably be roasted chicken, asparagus, and brown rice! I've missed my rice. I've been tempted to drink for a couple of nights now, but I've resisted so far. I think I will resist again tonight. Although I like drinking, I barely feel anything after one drink!

Syckgirlsfv
03-24-2014, 07:34 PM
laciemn what college are you going to? I'm not sure if it's just me, but it seems that the JC professors were a lot more thorough. What I mean is, the university professors just lecture and tell you what you need to read and stuff, but there is a lot of material that they don't cover or tell you to know. You get left to your own devices more! It's an adjustment, and my 3.8 GPA is a 3.6 now because I seem to be getting all B's! :( Grrrrrrr...

I'm starving. KIND of. Body is hungry but mind isn't. Weird. I am going to have some pretzel chips w/jalapeno greek yogurt dip before the bike ride. All I snacked today was a banana. Also thinking a cup of coffee before we go!

Diana3271
03-24-2014, 08:52 PM

Starting from this last page:

Marniadec I have felt like I had PTSD, too. I think that is how our mind/body works when we have been though a lot. I hope today was a better day for you. :hug:

Kelijpa I hope you are not getting an abscess. That stuff just seems to appear out of no where. Were you able to stick with the juice/veg today?

Psychic Sounds like you were able to keep things in moderation.

Joan Hi and welcome back. :wave:

Ian Great job on the losses! Good luck with the new change. I hope it works for you.

Syckgirlsfv The new avatar is very pretty.

Laciemn Glad your day was a good one! :carrot:

Diana3271
03-24-2014, 08:54 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
2 grilled chicken tacos 600 calories
sauce 100 calories

Exercise:
GYBB Metabolism Boost
GYBB Fat Blast Intervals
TF Fire 45 EZ
TF Stretch 10

thekiwi
03-24-2014, 09:50 PM
145.8 this morning. I had an okay day. I ate too much crap at work, sometimes people bring in goodies and if I have a bite it's like I can't stop at just one. Oooh well. I think I ate about 500 calories in junk food today, yeesh.

B: green smoothie
L: broccoli with chicken breast, baby carrots
S: various cookies, chocolate.
D: greek yogurt with strawberries, walnuts and pumpkin seeds.

I went and did a 90 minute hot yoga class. Not much exertion really but it felt great! I got a two week unlimited pass so I'll be doing a lot of that in the next few days. I'm also doing this cleanse with my friend starting tomorrow (I know, I know, I actually don't think that my body needs help detoxing, I think my liver is just fine, I just thought it would be neat/a challenge to not have any sugar/chocolate/wheat), basically all raw food for two days. Green smoothies and then raw vegetables in between. Greek yogurt in the smoothies for protein. We shall see how it goes.

noshoes
03-25-2014, 01:37 AM
Weigh in today was a nice surprise, down to 86.2kg. Its been at least a decade since I weighed under 90.

I am eating fruit and veg mostly but sometimes I worry I eat too much bread ( I usually hate bread but sometimes have occasional vegan pizza or wholegrain roll with nut butter). I know I am eating better overall so I am trying to work out on optimising my energy levels.

Diana3271
03-25-2014, 07:52 AM

I think TTOM will be starting any day now.

Last night I added on: Mayo Clinic Menopause yoga w/Colleen Saidman

No change

Have a great day!

kelijpa
03-25-2014, 08:13 AM
Good morning all,
Back down to 157.2 this morning. Need to get that water in, fell off the regular water intake, I wish I knew why that happens, I feel so much better when I 'm hydrated.

Diana thank goodness the salt rinses and Listerine seemed to have fixed it, it's just barely tender in that area, and fortunately or unfortunately I have no problems chewing now :D did make it through the juice day, haven't done that in awhile, it's a good reset for me, stops some of the cravings and gets me back on track.

B- grits, reduced sugar almond milk, 2 poached eggs
L- spring mix, onion sprouts, Italian, salsa ranch yogurt dressing and balsamic, smoked oysters
S- clementines, navel orange
D- salad with tuna
E- walk at work, rail trail

Sounds like we're all doing some monitoring and tweaking as needed, great job everyone!

IanG
03-25-2014, 10:56 AM
No change today and holding steady at 167lbs. I wonder if my gain day has slipped a day or two due to flying?

Anyway, tightly controlling the calories today at 1600. Still no anchovies.

Breakfast
oats 5 300 8 54
Flaxseed milk 4 38 0 2
dried apricot 0 32 0 9
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Coffee 3 25 0 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Baby squid in olive oil 17 272 25 5
Honey 0 64 0 17
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 100 10 10

Total 68 1642 136 122
Weight 167
Protein/weight ratio 0.81
Calories 2338 2672

Exercise: Did 1 hour boxing before work. Will run 3.5 miles before lunch.

Radiojane
03-25-2014, 11:22 AM
Down 2 more pounds of this stupid water weight, which is a miracle, seeing as TOM has arrived. I fasted until 6pm yesterday and had a porkchop with a mayo onion glaze, some broccoli and a little bit of sausage for supper. Calories were at 1160.

I swam 30 minutes yesterday and did my primal "sprint" in the form of 50 pounds of groceries from my car on the street around the back and up the stairs in a windstorm.

I've been following Mark's daily Apple since I started, but I've finally read the Primal Blueprint, and I think I've identified the cause of last year's stall. I'm paring down the intensity and duration of my swims, walking more, and will incorporate sporadic sprinting and lifting. I don't think pushing myself at the pool five days a week and killing myself doing yoga class did me as many favors weight loss wise as it did mentally.

CoolMom75
03-25-2014, 12:17 PM
Does anyone else share my ability to abuse healthy food? I had my lower cal homemade chicken noodle soup and another low calorie beef vegetable my mom brought me in the fridge yesterday and i ate many bowls. The beef veg soup had giant bits of kale, parsnips, etc. so good!

Total cals were 1638, not outrageous due to the low cal but it depresses me that I am such a freak with food. The constant battle of the wills is exhausting.

Plan today:

Coffee with milk

Veg beef soup (one serving left. Yay!)

Roasted veg and a protein pancake

Sum38
03-25-2014, 12:40 PM
CoolMom75 I did the same last week with my healthy pineapple turkey chili... I ate bowl after bowl of that stuff. -- I am sorry that you had a rough day :hug:

kelijpa
03-25-2014, 01:00 PM
I ate mashed cauliflower one time til it should have been coming out my ears, it happens... :hug:

Syckgirlsfv
03-25-2014, 01:15 PM
Diana thank you for the nice compliment, you are too kind :hug:

I still have the damn 2 pounds of water :( but I also just realized that TOM is just days away, so whatever. I'm taking advantage of the week off I have in that I am exercising A LOT! :bike2::lifter::running::exercise::ebike:
We went on a 50 minute, 7 mile bike ride after work yesterday and Mapmywalk says I burned 265 calories. It keeps track of how fast I'm going via GPS, but one thing it doesn't know is that when we are riding slower it's because we are going up hill! So I am positive that the number it gives me is conservative! :dizzy:

Ok, today's menu looks like this:
B - instant re-fried beans/egg whites/green salsa
L - chicken breast/small amount of chopped broccoli/cream of broccoli soup mixture...wasn't much left!
S - I've got a banana and a tiny fuji apple
D - I'm feeling like chicken cordon blue and some kind of veggie. Of course, a turkey burger patty and tater tots with a veggie sound good, too :D

CoolMom75
03-25-2014, 02:32 PM
Thanks, Sum and Kelijpa for sharing. The visual makes me laugh. Pineapple turkey chili sounds interesting!

Munchy
03-25-2014, 02:51 PM
Does anyone else share my ability to abuse healthy food?

Yep - back when I was in my very early 20's I had a binging problem, but since I lived alone, I had very little food that had calories. I binged on cucumbers, frozen vegetables, etc. I once ate an entire carton of just the egg whites and another time I baked slices of onion and ate those. I never gained weight, but it was just this uncontrollable feeling of shoveling food in when I was stuffed. That's why I didn't have foods in my house that could make much of a caloric dent!

I haven't really binged in probably 10 years, but I can easily overeat all of my meals (which are always healthy). That's one of the many reasons why freezing 1 cup portions of soup and 1.5 cup portions of chili and stew are awesome for me. I wouldn't heat up a second serving, but I would grab a few more spoonfuls from the pot if it was available.

On the same note, I love cooking things in muffin tins because they're all portioned out for me and I can just take one serving out (chicken pot pie, shepherd's pie, chicken divan, meatloaf, lasagna cups, crustless quiche, etc).

Radiojane
03-25-2014, 03:32 PM
I can binge on anything. I can vividly remember hurling up salad because I ate so much of it. Not that the behavior is healthy either way, but I probably wouldn't have hit the weight I did if I'd stuck to overdoing it on salad!

CoolMom75
03-25-2014, 03:41 PM
I could do some damage on a salad!

Freezing serving sized portions is a good idea. I tend to make a big batch and then live off of that food for several days until it's gone. It never occurred to me to freeze it because it won't be around long enough but that is a method to consider. Thank you!

Sum38
03-25-2014, 03:43 PM
Me too coolmom and Jane, I thought I was (outside of Ian)the only one, who could OD on salad :D

Sum38
03-25-2014, 03:45 PM
Munchy,I freeze portions for my DH, he loves his "containers", makes feeding him on weekends easy. I try to keep a variety in the freezer, it is always a surprise for him what he pulls out; pulled pork, chicken/rice soup, chili etc...

IanG
03-25-2014, 08:50 PM
I can eat, and have eaten, far too many cans of canned fish and very large salads (in excess of 2 lbs). There are two stages to a diet. First, picking the right foods. Secondly, not eating too many of them. Stage 2 is tough! But you can get pretty far on Stage 1 alone. I am now trying to master stage 2.

So, "binge" on and revisit at about 10lbs from goal.

laciemn
03-25-2014, 09:14 PM
Guys, I am feeling reeeally full right now. I didn't do too good today. I drank a bunch of shots! I didn't eat that much today, but along with the whiskey, I feel quite overtly plump. Either way, who cares. I'm already used to eating small amounts so I can pretty much lose the extra 5-700 calories I imagine I consumed in alcohol. I didn't really measure it to be honest.

Syckgirlsfv
03-25-2014, 09:56 PM
dinner was so good ;) I made turkey burger patties w/melted lite jarlsberg, toppings included chopped tomatoes, pickles, creamy horseradish sauce, and lite mayo for DH. With those we had tater tots! Tater tots make me happy :D and herbed peas.

I walked a mile around the grounds at work for a 68 calorie burn earlier, and did 5 sets of squats when I got home. Also had some pretzel chips w/jalapeno greek yogurt dip before dinner because I was STARVING when I got home!

I have wine. I know I was going to not have any, but DH got himself some last night and there is a glass left. Plus, I love my wine! *sigh*

CoolMom75
03-25-2014, 10:10 PM
I can eat, and have eaten, far too many cans of canned fish and very large salads (in excess of 2 lbs). There are two stages to a diet. First, picking the right foods. Secondly, not eating too many of them. Stage 2 is tough! But you can get pretty far on Stage 1 alone. I am now trying to master stage 2.

So, "binge" on and revisit at about 10lbs from goal.

That sounds about right. It is indeed hard!

My meals went almost as planned today. I found a swiss chard in the fridge when I was clearing out all the leftover veg for roasting so made faršou instead of the protein pancakes. They are basically a fried pancake with veg blended into it. With sour cream and salsa on top, yum!

Syckgirlsfv
03-25-2014, 10:28 PM
that sounds good! how do you make them?

shr1nk1ngme
03-25-2014, 10:59 PM
I can binge on anything. I can vividly remember hurling up salad because I ate so much of it. Not that the behavior is healthy either way, but I probably wouldn't have hit the weight I did if I'd stuck to overdoing it on salad!

Hahaha I can relate! I gained 80 pounds eating legumes, hummus, eggs, vegetables, and cheeses with a small amount of bread, rice, and pasta.

Diana3271
03-25-2014, 11:11 PM

This will be a quick one for me. Our friend Danny has been having a rough time. Today was a really bad day and his family has been struggling with him. DH has went over there every day and I have been over there ever other day. We got a call, asking if we could come over earlier since he was having such a bad day. DH seems to have a real calming effect on him. He seemed a lot better while we were there. today. If you would, please say a prayer for Danny's peace and comfort and strength for the family.

We ate really late tonight. Hoping that it won't cause too much of a gain tomorrow.

Total Approx 1370 + :coffee:

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (600 Calories)
Grilled chicken breast 400 calories
2 orders steamed broccoli 200 calories

Exercise:
GYBB 60 Second Slim Down
Crunchless Xtreme Abs

Syckgirlsfv
03-25-2014, 11:42 PM
sorry about your friend Diana! I said a prayer for him and his family, that they will have peace and comfort in this terrible time, and that they can all find rest.

miniapplecocoa
03-25-2014, 11:53 PM
Hi everyone, just popping in to say Hi.
Went to the Dr Monday. BP and BS good as I expected but bad Cholesterol is high, increased even from when I was heavier. :(. Took the wind right out of my sails. The whole point is to avoid extra pills. Statins were suggested cause I'm already exercising and not eating blah blah blah. Whatever. Weight was good tho. Got some HRT too. I guess it really is the "change." No exercise today. Ate on Plan but felt numb about it.

Hang in there everyone, especially Diana.

CoolMom75
03-26-2014, 01:31 AM
that sounds good! how do you make them?

I use this recipe in my Vitamix. A food processor would probably work too.

http://www.splendidtable.org/recipes/swiss-chard-pancakes

Just a gentle pulse in the end so the chard doesn't lose all of its texture.

CoolMom75
03-26-2014, 01:33 AM
Diana, good thoughts for you, hubby and your friend. That is a terrible situation. :(

Diana3271
03-26-2014, 07:57 AM

I accidentally overslept this morning. :tired: Then I had internet problems when I tried to get on here. I am going to make the most of my day! :sunny:

I didn't add on any yoga last night.

I know the family will appreciate the thoughts and prayers for them.

No Change

Have a great day!

Madriver
03-26-2014, 09:11 AM
Does anyone else share my ability to abuse healthy food?

I do! I'm an overeater, especially of healthy foods as if they've got some kind of green light on them. And while other people may not gain or may even lose on a "clean" diet eaten to satiety that hasn't been my experience. I gain because I overeat.

I have to be very careful and very vigilant. Sometimes (often!) that's a very hard thing to do and I go through periods where I'm unsuccessful reining that in.

Sum38
03-26-2014, 09:22 AM
Diana, I am very sorry about your friend!!

shr1nk1ngme
03-26-2014, 09:27 AM
Diana,

I am praying for your friend Danny, for his family to find strength, patience, and resources in dealing with him, and for you and your DH as you support them through this difficult time.

-- shr1nk1ng

IanG
03-26-2014, 10:55 AM
Sorry to hear about your friend Diana.

I am up 0.2lbs today. It will be a tricky one today as I have a meeting at lunch. This means I cannot run before lunch and so will need to run after which means that instead of taking my lunch at 12 noon today, it will be 2.30pm at the earliest. I am going to be hungry and that scares me.

My plan is to have a protein shake to get me through. We'll see if it works out. Calories will be about 1600 today.

Breakfast
oats 5 300 8 54
Flaxseed milk 4 38 0 2
dried apricot 0 32 0 9
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Coffee 3 25 0 1

Lunch
Protein shake 0 115 27 1
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Chipotle Cod 3 171 39 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 100 10 10

Total 44 1601 169 132
Weight 167.2
Protein/weight ratio 1.01
Calories 2341 2675
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 36 53
20% less calories to cut 1873

Exercise: Did 50 minutes weight training before work. Will run 3.5 miles before a very late lunch.

Radiojane
03-26-2014, 11:20 AM
Down .1 today. I hope that's not indicative of the next week's progress. Between TOM and the fact that I ate a lot later than usual, I think I should be okay.

Yesterday calories were 1016
Roll mops (herring with a pickle)
a smoked salmon and onion omelet
lots of broccoli with some dill mustard mixed in mayo for dip
a small slice of halibut cooked on my Himalayan plank (hello, sodium!)

Exercise was a 10 minute PB Kettle bell session & 20 minute walk with the dog.

Syckgirlsfv
03-26-2014, 01:23 PM
I'm annoyed. Not eating bad stuff and still up 3 POUNDS from the weekend! :( TOM is just days away, and I'm sore everywhere from squats and deep push-ups...but STILL can't make sense of a 3 pound gain?!?!?!?! ARGH! I'm going to have to resort to phase 1 SBD if it doesn't go back down by Friday!!!

anyway, today:

B - instant re-fried beans/cottage cheese/green salsa
L - omaha chicken breast and green peas
S - small fuji apple
D - DH picked up some more fresh broccoli, so I'm going to steam that and have it with probably brown rice and a protein source. Not sure which source, though.

going to the gym after work to do arms/shoulders and maybe a little treadmill. I'm frustrated about the water gain, but I am realizing this hasn't happened for weeks so I am attributing it to upcoming TOM and my muscles holding water. I just hate to see the scale go in the wrong direction :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tant rum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

CoolMom75
03-26-2014, 03:03 PM
I'm annoyed. Not eating bad stuff and still up 3 POUNDS from the weekend! :( TOM is just days away, and I'm sore everywhere from squats and deep push-ups...but STILL can't make sense of a 3 pound gain?!?!?!?! ARGH! I'm going to have to resort to phase 1 SBD if it doesn't go back down by Friday!!!

anyway, today:

B - instant re-fried beans/cottage cheese/green salsa
L - omaha chicken breast and green peas
S - small fuji apple
D - DH picked up some more fresh broccoli, so I'm going to steam that and have it with probably brown rice and a protein source. Not sure which source, though.

going to the gym after work to do arms/shoulders and maybe a little treadmill. I'm frustrated about the water gain, but I am realizing this hasn't happened for weeks so I am attributing it to upcoming TOM and my muscles holding water. I just hate to see the scale go in the wrong direction :tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tant rum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

Your muscles are inflamed from the workouts. Check measurements and keep on keeping on. You are making me want to get the bikes out again too. We are having a stretch of rain though.

CoolMom75
03-26-2014, 03:05 PM
I do! I'm an overeater, especially of healthy foods as if they've got some kind of green light on them. And while other people may not gain or may even lose on a "clean" diet eaten to satiety that hasn't been my experience. I gain because I overeat.

I have to be very careful and very vigilant. Sometimes (often!) that's a very hard thing to do and I go through periods where I'm unsuccessful reining that in.

This. I'm sure if I left the oil and salt off my veg it wouldn't be nearly as difficult though. Lol

Syckgirlsfv
03-26-2014, 03:28 PM
Your muscles are inflamed from the workouts. Check measurements and keep on keeping on. You are making me want to get the bikes out again too. We are having a stretch of rain though.

I thought so, too...thanks CoolMom! It's actually quite amazing how sore I am from just push-up (using push-up handles, they are super intense) and body weight squats! DH and I do the squats at a rapid pace, though, back to back sets with only seconds in between. I just don't ever recall noticing a water gain from working out in the past. :?::?::?:

shr1nk1ngme
03-26-2014, 03:43 PM
The best thing you can do to help with post workout soreness and water retention, besides excellent nutrition, hydration, and giving yourself a rest day, is apple cider vinegar - because it's the best source of malic acid there is. It is seriously vile stuff, though, so I take it in capsule form whenever I up my workout to a new level. Alleviates a whole lot of pain.

Malic acid aids in the healing of sore muscles. Google it, seriously. It works. :)

Syckgirlsfv
03-26-2014, 03:50 PM
I have a bottle in my fridge! :D you know, since I've been going to CSULA, though, I don't have as much time to work out. This is why I'm getting so sore, because I sometimes go a little longer between workouts when school is in session. Starting next week, it's 3 nights a week! workouts will have to be scaled down again ;(

Syckgirlsfv
03-26-2014, 08:16 PM
I've decided on having a garden burger with light swiss and fresh steamed broccoli on the side. I think I'm going to use toasted sourdough with it - no gym because in all honesty we are both too tired! We haven't had a rest day in a while...tomorrow I'll do arms at home with my weights. AND, my legs are so sore from the squats now that it's ridiculous!!!

IanG
03-26-2014, 08:20 PM
You're eating some great food there Radiojane. I am predicting a loss tomorrow for you.

Diana3271
03-26-2014, 09:21 PM

Thank you for all the good thoughts and prayers for Danny and his family. They changed his meds today and he is doing a lot better . Yesterday he had gotten combative and was very difficult to deal with. He was also hallucinating, etc. That's why we were asked to come over earlier than normal. With this change of meds he was literally back to how he was last week. It's really a roller coaster ride going through this process.

Madriver Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2:

Sun HI :wave:

Shr1nk1ngme Hi :wave:

Ian I hope your day went well and the meeting didn't cause too much of a challenge.

Radiojane Good job with the fitness.

Syckgirlsfv Hopefully the water weight will pass soon. Maybe do some extra stretching.

Coolmom Hi :wave:

Diana3271
03-26-2014, 09:24 PM

spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
Vegetable of choice
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Tuna tacos w/sauce 700 calories

Exercise:
GYBB Fat Blast Intervals
GYBB Total Body Torch
GYBB Gorgeous Glutes

Kaitie9399
03-26-2014, 09:27 PM
6 month hiatus and a 16 pound weight gain. I guess I'll never learn.

Anyway, doing the walk of shame and time to get serious again. I wish people would stop coming up to me and saying 'wow, you're still doing so well' or 'look at you, keeping it all off'---inside I'm screaming at them 'Are you blind? or are you just trying to get me to get back on the wagon because I'm not 'doing so well' or 'keeping it off' I really don't know where they are coming from. Anyway, today was on plan with my calories and I did 46 minutes of zumba and 34 minutes of wii fit plus.

*sigh*

Diana3271
03-26-2014, 09:35 PM
Kaitie Hi and welcome to the check-in. :wave: Do you think you have toned up some during your weight loss? If so this may be the reason people haven't noticed your gain. You are back on plan and working on your goals, now. That's all that matters. Keep working and doing your best.

alaskanlaughter
03-26-2014, 09:37 PM
i've been VERY hungry the last few days ugh....I don't even know why except it's TOM week...i actually seem to be staying within a reasonable calorie range but still *sigh* i hate the feeling of being hungry all the time :(

i havent gone to the gym yesterday or today because i've been working far too much....tomorrow i will get there...then friday and saturday are completely taken up with a conference that i'm involved with....sunday i can get to the gym but it's also my son's birthday party so busy busy...

Waterbunny77
03-26-2014, 10:15 PM
I missed a couple of days here but I'm back, my job has me kind of busy and tired and it's only part time if you can believe it.

B: Peanut butter on bread, 1 sausage biscuit sandwich
S: Hershys Dark chocolate
D: Bag of mixed vegetables with butter
S: Piece of chocolate cake and tea

miniapplecocoa
03-26-2014, 10:31 PM
ugg. House guest. Eatting on plan. No exercise except walking the dogs. I actually have an 2 extra dogs visiting and a human too. I have to stop allowing myself to get side tracked with the exercise.

Good nite everyone.

alaskanlaughter
03-26-2014, 11:18 PM
I added up my calories before dinner and it was 1370 calories and 156 carbs (higher carb than i'd like)....so I don't know why I feel like i'm eating SO MUCH...weird...I really am eating more often and feel hungrier though this week....i'm also really tired and so is my younger son...I had some potatoes, meat and gravy for dinner...not a lot though

Larry H
03-26-2014, 11:40 PM
A great day!! 2 pounds lost and I am out of the 260's and into the 250's :D:carrot::D

1,353 Calories today. Under my Goal :D

kelijpa
03-27-2014, 05:49 AM
Congrats Larry!!

Back down to 157.0, so far managed to stay in the 150s for the month, so happy about that, pretty much a maintenance month, not thrilled about that, but what can you do, just keep pecking away.

B- grits, red sugar almond milk, poached eggs
L- 5 bean salad, smoked oysters, balsamic
D- chicken wrap
S- 2 clementines, navel orange
E- walk at work, rail trail

10 degrees this morning, supposed to be 40 this afternoon YAY!!

Diana3271
03-27-2014, 07:47 AM

I am still having TTOM symptoms, so that should show up any day now. I am also starting to have increased angioedema symptoms, too. It seems to be less than it has been in the past. Hopefully it won't progress and get worse.

Last night I added on: PM T'ai Chi

Weigh In: 164.6
Up: .6

Have a great day!

samcrokitty
03-27-2014, 09:02 AM
I finally made it out of the 220's so I am happy about that but still feeling like even though I have lost weight and continue to do so, that nothing is really happening. I just posted a new thread about it hoping to get some help. I will continue doing what I am doing and hoping that I pull myself out of this mental slump asap! :)

ShrinkingStudent
03-27-2014, 09:10 AM
Hey guys, hope everyone is having a good month.

Just started back up on Insanity again this week, I'm actually being able to keep up with the exercises and am building some muscles while still losing weight. Weighed in at 213 this morning and it's so awesome because i quiet litterally have never seen these numbers on the scale...ever!

IanG
03-27-2014, 10:45 AM
Good work Larry!

Yesterday went well. It was hard running so late in the day before lunch on such an empty stomach, but I did it.

Down 0.2 lbs today. Looks like I am maintaining at 167. Calories will be about 1700.

Breakfast
oats 5 300 8 54
Flaxseed milk 4 38 0 2
dried apricot 0 32 0 9
honey 0 21 0 6
Coffee 3 25 0 1
Coffee 3 25 0 1

Lunch
quails eggs 3 42 4 0
Albacore tuna 20 400 56 0
Wild planet shrimp 2 80 16 0
Honey 0 64 0 17
Tomato 0 11 1 2
Mushroom 0 2 0 0
Red onion 0 8 0 2
Kidney beans 0 18 1 3
Kimchi 0 100 10 10

Total 62 1675 149 131
Weight 167
Protein/weight ratio 0.89
Calories 2338 2672
Fat based on 20-30% caloric intake 37 56

Exercise: Did 1 hour boxing before work. Will run 3 miles outside before lunch.

Radiojane
03-27-2014, 11:19 AM
Down 2 pounds this morning. I'm wearing my "measurement" jeans today. I was just barely into them last week, pretty hard to do up. Today they are slightly more comfortable at the waist. So maybe there's some fat going with all this water.

I fasted until 6pm yesterday. Calories total were 1000:
Broccoli with dill mustard and mayo dip
halibut
asparagus
sausage
herring roll mops.

Exercise was a 20 minute swim and a quick walk with the dog.

If it warms up enough today that it's feasible (been really windy and unseasonably cold), I'll take the dog out to play off leash, but otherwise I think I'll take today as a rest day and do some resistance work in the pool tomorrow.

Found out yesterday after literally months of on again, off again, the company I work for is sold as of May 1. Which means next month will probably be pretty interesting at work.

Have a great day everyone!

shr1nk1ngme
03-27-2014, 11:22 AM
ugg. House guest. Eatting on plan. No exercise except walking the dogs. I actually have an 2 extra dogs visiting and a human too. I have to stop allowing myself to get side tracked with the exercise.
I could never stay on plan with exercise if I had houseguests. Ugh!

I am day three of a three day fat fast. It's not an entirely pleasant experience but I'm not ravenously hungry either, so it's tolerable. -- And it seems to be working. Weight is coming off again after a four day mini-stall, and my blood ketones are improving.

Blood ketones (Goal = 1.3-3.0):

3/25: .6
3/26: .7
3/27: 1.0

Weight:
3/21: 140.8
3/25: 140.8 mini-stall
3/26: 140.0 After day 1 of Fat Fast
3/27: 139.6 After day 2 of Fat Fast

Munchy
03-27-2014, 12:32 PM
I am day three of a three day fat fast. It's not an entirely pleasant experience but I'm not ravenously hungry either, so it's tolerable. -- And it seems to be working. Weight is coming off again after a four day mini-stall, and my blood ketones are improving.

Ooh, I have been so curious about fat fasts. I wonder if I should try one, but I get nervous. I've been the same weight for almost all of my adult life and I just want to maintain 10lbs lower! Are you doing the 1000 calories 90% fat?

thekiwi
03-27-2014, 12:56 PM
I took a couple of days off of checking in - really busy with wrapping my last few days of placement. Eating was decent but not great, spent lots of long hours working and the hospital only has so many choices that are somewhat satisfying/healthy/low sodium.. Also no workouts! Nevertheless I weighed in this morning at 146.4, so at least I didn't gain. Will be studying lots in the next week so don't know how much I'll be able to exercise. If I don't overeat out of stress this week I'll be satisfied with that!

CoolMom75
03-27-2014, 01:46 PM
175.8 today and really hoping I can break under 175 sometime soon. Loooooong stall is too long.

1600 cals yesterday and weightlifting

Today so far-

Roasted potatoes and beets
Beef
Coffee with milk

Heading out to spinning class.

shr1nk1ngme
03-27-2014, 02:39 PM
Ooh, I have been so curious about fat fasts. I wonder if I should try one, but I get nervous. I've been the same weight for almost all of my adult life and I just want to maintain 10lbs lower! Are you doing the 1000 calories 90% fat?

I consume about 1300-1500 calories, 90% fat, and I lose .5 - 1.0 pounds PER DAY for three days. Additionally, I can see measurable results on my blood ketone monitor and the benefits last for a couple of weeks until something knocks me out of ketosis again. Which happens very easily, as I have an extremely resistant metabolism.

The fat fast is not really a weight loss tool, in the sense that it should never be used as a crash diet and when it is used it must be no more than 3-5 days, tops. It is only used to kick-start a resistant low carb metabolism. Its main use is after low-carb dieting for a while and having no progress. In your case, if you have tried low carb to lose those 10 pounds, but you can't get into ketosis, then a fat fast is a good idea. I wouldn't launch directly into a fat fast from a normal-carb lifestyle, though. It would make you feel very sick.

Radiojane
03-27-2014, 03:16 PM
I second the caution in going onto a fat fast "Carb flu" can run the gamut from light headedness/foginess to nausea and muscle cramps.

When I went low carb the first time, It took two weeks to feel normal. Now when I fat fast to get into ketosis, it's only a day or so of wonkiness because I eat really low carb to begin with.

CoolMom75
03-27-2014, 03:16 PM
Hey guys, hope everyone is having a good month.

Just started back up on Insanity again this week, I'm actually being able to keep up with the exercises and am building some muscles while still losing weight. Weighed in at 213 this morning and it's so awesome because i quiet literally have never seen these numbers on the scale...ever!

How exciting for you! I love that feeling of getting stronger. I'm just getting a foot into the door of that feeling myself. :carrot:

Syckgirlsfv
03-27-2014, 04:32 PM
busy day today! a pound of water gone this morning...pretty sure the other 2 are right behind it.

here's today's menu:
B - 1 piece of sourdough toast w/1 egg and 2 turkey bacon
L - packet of white tuna/1 tbsp light mayo/herbs - wrapped in low carb tortilla
S - I have leftover steamed broccoli :D
D - stuffed chicken breast from Omaha steaks; we have cordon blue, broccoli cheese, and wild rice. I may go for the broccoli cheese for tonight! Also, a veggie with it. Probably more steamed broccoli!
Going to do biceps and triceps at home after work. maybe take a walk with DH.
I bought an Amazon Local voucher for pizza today! I paid 10 bucks for a $20 voucher - we're going to probably use it tomorrow night. I go back to school for 10 more weeks on Tuesday, so it should be fun to go out for pizza for a change. Maybe a pitcher of beer between me and DH, too :jeno::hun::hat:

laciemn
03-27-2014, 05:29 PM
Just a quick check in to let everyone know I'm not off track! Doing really well on staying low cal. I have had a few issues keeping my energy up. I don't know what the reason is for, besides maybe not getting some elusive micronutrients. I am adding in a multi and omega 3 supplement and maybe I'll cut out bread and snacks once I finish what I have.

Today, I've had a rather boring menu of 2 turkey BLTs for a total of around 700 calories. I also had some extra calories from some chocolate creamer I added to my coffee. It was about 30 calories but really good. Tonight for dinner, I got 3 chicken wings from my mom and they are literally so good. Best chicken wings ever!

Kaitie9399
03-27-2014, 06:48 PM
Today was on plan and so far I've done 44 minutes of zumba and I plan to do 15 more and some wii.

Question: This doesn't make sense to me, why does myfitnesspal add more calories to my daily allowance after I exercise--for me, eating more doesn't make me lose weight, I actually don't lose anything if I follow their advice. Why would they tell me to eat back the calories I just burned off?

miniapplecocoa
03-27-2014, 07:30 PM
Hi everyone! Hey There newer folks too.

Sh1nk: Its worst than you think. So I refuse to cook for him. AT ALL! Plan is actually helping me to not have to. LOL! Lucky the little dog doesn't have anything I want. LOL!

I exercised a bunch today. My peddler was not getting my heart up enough in 45 minutes, so I added 2 miles of Leslie Sansone. Eating on plan.

Oh, 'woe is me' the cholesterol thing has me loopy, so I added 4gr glucomannan (soluble fiber) every morning and Green tea 2/d. Doggonit, I will not be defeated by these health problems that stem from over eating for years.

Ok. I'm done. I don't really have anywhere else to voice this stuff. Doc is like 'yeah, yeah yeah here's another dangerous pill with side effects.' Just in case. I'm just fearful I guess.

Ok ,everyone have the best evening you can.

Diana3271
03-27-2014, 08:14 PM

I mentioned this morning about the angioedema flaring up. Well at the dinner table I noticed a few hives on my arm. Earlier in the day my lower lip started getting hot. At the dinner table I noticed my lip had a whelp (hive) and was swelling. Oh the frackin' joy! :p I have been doing pretty good recently with it. So it appears that I am going to have more of a flare up than what has been going on.

Alaskanlaughter I hope your DS has a great birthday this weekend.

Waterbunny Hopefully you can get some rest this weekend.

Miniapplecocoa Hang in there with the house guests. Good luck with lowering your cholesterol. I have heard of people taking fiber right before your meal and that seems to help. But don't take the fiber around the time you take your meds.

Larry Congrats on the 2 pounds and the 250's! :carrot:

Kelijpa Congrats on staying in the 150's this month! :carrot: Keep up the great work!

Samcrokitty Hi and welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: Congrats on saying good bye to the 220's! :carrot:

ShrinkingStudent Hi and Welcome to the check-in! :welcome2: I did Insanity in 2012, I think. Just about killed me. :lol:

Ian Great job on your day and the .2.

Radiojane Way to go on the 2 pounds! :carrot:

Shr1nk1ngme Keep up the great work.

Munchy Hi :wave:

thekiwi Great job maintaining through everything you have going on.

Coolmom Good job on your day. Hope you can break that stall soon.

Syckgirlsfv Congrats on that pound!

Laciemn Good to see you check in.

Kaitie I have heard of programs adding the calories back in that you work off. I never added them back in.