Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-27-2014, 01:11 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 274/271/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Does anyone use Wii games for excercise?

I abhore excercise. It's boring and I just don't like it. I can force myself to walk on the treadmill if I have a good show to watch on Netflix or something. Music is a little more motivating for me. So I've been playing Just Dance on the Wii with my 8 year old. THAT really gets me sweating! I also just purchased Walk It Out, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Any other good Wii games out there for excercise?
ediesbeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:16 PM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I do! I love the Dance games when I am completely unmotivated. They are so much fun I can always make myself do a few songs, then usually a few more I also have and like the EA Sports games and a Zumba Core game. I was not a fan of the Biggest Loser game but I know some people like it.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:48 PM   #3  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i've done the Just Dance ones before but am horribly uncoordinated at it LOL....i'm just uncoordinated in general i think because i took a zumba-style class at my gym that i failed miserably at...however i did LOVE both of those things and got a good workout from them both
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:58 PM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I think those of us who are uncoordinated get more exercise!
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:53 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 327/239.6/199

Height: 5'5"

I've used both Wii Fit and Biggest Loser Challenge and like them both. I've been doing lots of skateboarding on Wii Fit Plus lately and really enjoy it.
Unicorn67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 217.6/153.2/140

Height: 5'5

I used to do Zumba on the Wii, also a lot of the Wii Fit 'training' games/activities. That damn obstacle course always got my blood pumping haha
xRiotGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:31 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 207/204/157

Height: 5'6"

After reading this I am dragging out the Wii and games...great idea and I agree sounds like fun exercise.
3beachgirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:08 AM   #8  

Default Most Wii Games Get You Moving!

I like bowling the best. We started tournaments a few years ago. Unfortunately, the all-women teams were way too competitive and disbanded.

I guess Wii bowling is a form of exercise. I practiced so much I wore a path in the carpet!
simalvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:10 PM   #9  

Height: 5'6"

We don't have a Wii, but an xbox 360. I use it on and off all day long. I get up almost an hour before anyone else so that I can do my Zumba (low & medium intensity) and I am as coordinated as a drunk duck. I does not feel like exercise and it really gets me moving & sweating so I definitely think it helps.

A game you may want to try is Kung Fu High Impact. It is for the Wii & xbox 360. It is so much fun, does not feel like exercise and it really wears you out. It has a little version of YOU fighting all these monsters, ninjas, etc. I bet your 8 year old will love it. My kids love it!
IAmTheGlue is offline   Reply With Quote