Exercise! - Does anyone use Wii games for excercise?

ediesbeads
02-27-2014, 02:11 PM
I abhore excercise. It's boring and I just don't like it. I can force myself to walk on the treadmill if I have a good show to watch on Netflix or something. Music is a little more motivating for me. So I've been playing Just Dance on the Wii with my 8 year old. THAT really gets me sweating! I also just purchased Walk It Out, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Any other good Wii games out there for excercise?

CyndiM
02-27-2014, 03:16 PM
I do! I love the Dance games when I am completely unmotivated. They are so much fun I can always make myself do a few songs, then usually a few more :) I also have and like the EA Sports games and a Zumba Core game. I was not a fan of the Biggest Loser game but I know some people like it.

alaskanlaughter
02-27-2014, 05:48 PM
i've done the Just Dance ones before but am horribly uncoordinated at it LOL....i'm just uncoordinated in general i think because i took a zumba-style class at my gym that i failed miserably at...however i did LOVE both of those things and got a good workout from them both

CyndiM
02-27-2014, 05:58 PM
I think those of us who are uncoordinated get more exercise!

Unicorn67
02-27-2014, 10:53 PM
I've used both Wii Fit and Biggest Loser Challenge and like them both. I've been doing lots of skateboarding on Wii Fit Plus lately and really enjoy it.

xRiotGirl
02-27-2014, 11:26 PM
I used to do Zumba on the Wii, also a lot of the Wii Fit 'training' games/activities. That damn obstacle course always got my blood pumping haha :p

3beachgirls
02-27-2014, 11:31 PM
After reading this I am dragging out the Wii and games...great idea and I agree sounds like fun exercise.

simalvin
02-28-2014, 09:08 AM
I like bowling the best. We started tournaments a few years ago. Unfortunately, the all-women teams were way too competitive and disbanded.

I guess Wii bowling is a form of exercise. I practiced so much I wore a path in the carpet!

IAmTheGlue
02-28-2014, 11:10 PM
We don't have a Wii, but an xbox 360. I use it on and off all day long. I get up almost an hour before anyone else so that I can do my Zumba (low & medium intensity) and I am as coordinated as a drunk duck. I does not feel like exercise and it really gets me moving & sweating so I definitely think it helps.

A game you may want to try is Kung Fu High Impact. It is for the Wii & xbox 360. It is so much fun, does not feel like exercise and it really wears you out. It has a little version of YOU fighting all these monsters, ninjas, etc. I bet your 8 year old will love it. My kids love it!