Atkins - Anyone find a packaged precooked chicken with no carbs?

cattwoman222
02-27-2014, 09:28 AM
Hi all! I cook a lot of chicken and I HATE cutting up raw chicken (probably because I have terrible knives, LOL) but I'd been using the Perdue shortcuts (not the honey one of course!) before starting Atkins this past Sunday. I looked at the nutrition info and it says 1 carb per serving. I'm sure it's something that it's processed with or to keep it fresh but has anyone found a precooked packaged chicken with no carbs? I REALLY need these, it's SUCH a time saver! Obviously I can just count the carbs....but I tend to make recipes with 4 servings and usually eat 2 so that's 2 more net carbs I have to count, boo!!!

Munchy
02-27-2014, 12:54 PM
Many of the cooked chicken options at Trader Joe's have no carbs like Grilled Strips Chicken (http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article.asp?article_id=1115).

Another option is to take your full chicken breasts, season lightly, and put them in the crockpot or roast. You can use the cooked chicken for 3-4 days or freeze it in whatever serving sizes you like. No cutting involved!