30-Somethings - 170s Thread, please join me but don't stay long ;-)

TheFinalFifteen
02-26-2014, 02:54 PM
Hi everyone -- I'm new enough here that i hope i am not stepping on any toes by starting a new thread. I weighed in this morning at a long-fought 179.

That 1-pound loss took me 2-plus weeks of calorie counting, kickboxing and crying.

That said, if my last 2 weeks are any indication, I am going to have to claw my way out of these 170s so I thought I would settle in and host the thread for a bit.

Any joiners?

About me, I am 38 years old, a mother of 3 daughters and a lifelong size 12. I am okay with the size 12, although I prefer a 10. I have NEVER been an 8 so that would be sort of amazing...but one step at a time. Recently, I hit the 14s and I'm not okay with it. i look terrible and I saw a picture of myself on Feb. 10 that made me gasp audibly. So here I am.

So far, 3FC has been a lifesaver and I would love to have active daily chats with anyone willing to link up :hug:

qtee
02-26-2014, 04:13 PM
Hi I'm in the 170s... Yesterday I weighed in at 173.9.. I workout 3-4 times a week for 1.5-2 hours a session.. I use to count calories now I just watch my portions n passively log it into my Fitness Pal..I'm hoping to b out of the 170s in a week or two..

TheFinalFifteen
02-27-2014, 07:19 AM
COME ON! There have to be some lurkers out there who want to join up. Register yourselves and come straight here! This is no fun alone and it looks like qtee will be gone soon anyways :^:

TheFinalFifteen
03-03-2014, 10:07 AM
Alright , I have accepted that this might be a lonely place for awhile :) That;s ok.

I have come to a really frightening realization, after a lifetime feeling totally confused that I ate so little but kept gaining weight, I have realized that I am a chronic dieter and I have done so much damage to my metabolism by constantly starving myself.

This has been hard to digest (haha) after going down this checklist in my mind....do I binge? NO. Do I overeat? NO. Am I an emotional eater? NO. Then WTF is my problem?

I get it now. So that;s half the battle. Now I need to figure out what to do about it.

One thing I have accepted is that it is going to take a long time to fix the damage I've done so I may as well get comfortable and settle into the journey.

TheFinalFifteen
03-19-2014, 07:54 AM
176.4 this morning.

6 weeks after kicking this new life into gear, the weight came off in a solid chunk. I wasn't going to give up but I was seriously starting to wonder if I was broken.

i AM NOT BROKEN!!!! I work just fine :-)

I will continue to weigh in weekly but ,pay mostly attention to the lowest monthly weight. I am a chronic fluxuater ;)

Anyone ready to join me? I would love some buddies.

Pattience
03-19-2014, 08:14 AM
I do my own thread. But i am just popping in to say i've read your thread and wish you all the best.

You can use your thread as a sort of record of what you are doing. I do that on mine. I food diaries and talk about anything else and like you only list my weigh then its reaches a new low. Because i feel i have to justify it if its goes up which i think stupid and don't want to do.

Anyway its good you realised you haven't got a metabolism problem. I found a website recently called nutrition world which has some good articles about the interplay of certain hormones and weightless. As a yo yo dieter you might find it helpful. Leptin, seratonin and insulin as well as fibre are all interesting articles i found there under the UNDERSTAND YOUR BODY section. I need to read them again actually. There's a lot of info in them to try to absorb.

Pattience
03-19-2014, 08:15 AM
OH bugger i keep saying nutrition world but its nutrition wonderland! clearly no one else is bothering to try to read these articles since no one has reported a problem finding it.

TheFinalFifteen
03-21-2014, 08:18 AM
Thanks Pattience -- I checked out nutrition wonderland briefly -- this week has been crazy busy and I haven't had much time for web surfing but I find reading about weight loss and reading about others peoples' successes helps keep me focused.

I *think* I have finally figured out my formula for weight loss ,which has taken me 6 weeks of trial and error!!! I was bound and determined to find the combination of things that would not only "work" but would also be sustainable. No crash diets, ever again.

Whatever I have going on now -- from eating to exercise to supplements -- seems to be doing the trick so now I have to stay the course until I hit my first plateau! I am very very hopeful today.

One of the most important things, I think, has been to really realize how unhealthy my weight it (the doc said I am officially OBESE. Anyone who knows me would probably beg to differ, thanks to how I carry my weight, but it doesn't change the cold hard facts) and that my motivation is to not become skinny, but to get to a healthy body weight and eliminate unnecessary risks.

I have three pre-teen daughters and I have always been so careful to avoid obsessing about my weight in front of them, but this is all very matter of fact in my house right now. I weigh too much ,and to live a long life, I need to get to a healthier weight. Simple. I am okay with having them involved in my goals, even though it hasn't become a focal point of my life, as far as they are concerned.

So it's good. I am in probably the best place i have been yet on this journey -- resolved, positive and content with this new lifestyle.

TheFinalFifteen
03-24-2014, 03:32 PM
Oh, and the doctor suggested that perhaps I am peri-menopausal. So that's always awesome to hear. :smh

OneAtATime
03-25-2014, 01:57 AM
I would love to join! So happy I found this thread. Let's do it! :D:carrot:

Pattience
03-25-2014, 02:28 AM
My sister has had a hard time with peri-menopausal in the last few years. I haven't had it yet. I don't know whether its because my turn is just being delayed (apparently its a trend) or because i am taking antidepressants. I suspect and hope its the latter. One of the reasons why i say that is i know how they can have a positive impact on people's hormone cycles because it was listening to a radio program about them many years ago now, when the woman and her doctor were speaking about how they help with pms. I of course only went on them for depression but it was at a time when i was still reluctant to take meds and i had started therapy. On hearing that woman talk about her experience i said, ok, i'll do it. So i'm hoping my reaonsing is right and i will go into menopause with no symptoms when the time comes.

Meanwhile good luck to you with that.

You remind me also about my mother and her weight when i was young. I was at boarding school most of the time but my mother was rather focused on her weight and used to do all sorts of odd things. I remember these plastic sweat pants she used to wear. Obviously very memorable. I was only about 6 or 7.

And then later she opened the first gym in our city and would exercise her self half to death to keep her weight down.

She is quite a "healthy fanatic" as we used to say. And now she's just crazy.

I think there were some good effects of her focus. She always tried to eat healthy and prepared healthy meals for us. Unforunately i wasn't always at home and learnt binging skills at boarding school where it was a sort of game.

So anyway what is your formula? I promise not to pick. I'm just curious.

TheFinalFifteen
03-26-2014, 07:11 AM
Well, my formula is a like a combination lock, apparently, where everything has to be lined up perfectly in order for progress. I don't think I did so well this week since i am up a couple pounds, although it's my TOM and that probably has something to do with it.

So here's the layout:

EATING: I tried calorie counting and preferred it to WW in terms of lifestyle, but counting points seems to work better right now. I tend to make better choices on WW because it feels more restrictive and I need to maximize my food :-) When I get to my goal, I will prob have to calorie-count forever to maintain. I have always been a healthy eater but I tend to pick a bite her, a bite there, from my kids' plates and yummy things -- I think they tend to add up!

EXERCISE: 3x a week at my kickboxing gym, which I love and it feels like working out with a personal trainer; walking/hiking/whatever else at my leisure -- I have always loved to exercise.

SUPPLEMENTS: iodine, and a hormonal balancing tincture called Vitex. I also take a multi, vit. c, and Biotin for hair/nails.

MENTALLY: still working on how to adopt changes in my lifestyle without being obsessive. Right now I am always reading weight loss memoirs, and while I love to read them, I can't say it's the healthiest thing. Being fat is kind of at the forefront of my mind throughout my waking day and this is new, and it sucks. I haven't been this down on myself in a long time. I am writing a memoir of my own and this might also have something to do with the obsession.

LIFESTYLE CHANGES: I have given up my evening glass of wine and I miss it terribly. I am now having wine only on the weekends and an occasional; weekday, but this sucks and in 6 months' time, if I find it had no impact, it's the first thing I am going back to!

nlauah
03-26-2014, 08:54 AM
Hey.. Just came by this thread.. All the best with the weight loss!! I wish I could join you as early as possible but have been in between 182-184 for several weeks now :(

TheFinalFifteen
03-26-2014, 04:56 PM
Well you have already lost a good chunk of weight and if you have been at a standstill for a bit I am sure it will roll off swiftly. I would love to have someone to "talk" to :)

coffeeshopgirl
03-26-2014, 09:40 PM
Hi Final Fifteen!

So, I need your advice - I was sitting at 179, but my TOM brought me back up to 182 (in the evenings). Usually I'm 179 in the morning. Does that mean I can join the 170's club with ya?

You sound lonely in this thread, and I could use some motivation because I just made a goal to be 175 by April 28th!

I have some great recipes and exercises to share :) Let me know!

:broc:

TheFinalFifteen
03-27-2014, 08:52 AM
Sounds like we are in the same boat! This morning I was 180, even though I have been hovering around 176-178 mostly. Come join me, we can chat. Maybe post food diaries, exercise logs, etc?! (she said as she eats a chicken cutlet for breakfast...why?!?!?!?!)

1bighog
03-27-2014, 02:22 PM
One of the most important things, I think, has been to really realize how unhealthy my weight it (the doc said I am officially OBESE. Anyone who knows me would probably beg to differ, thanks to how I carry my weight, but it doesn't change the cold hard facts) and that my motivation is to not become skinny, but to get to a healthy body weight and eliminate unnecessary risks.

[snip]

So it's good. I am in probably the best place i have been yet on this journey -- resolved, positive and content with this new lifestyle.
We sound pretty similar. :) I am also considered medically obese at 5' 3" and 170(ish) lbs, but I'm a size 8, I am curvy, I am muscular...and on and on and on.

I have also started a new journey and finding MY perfect plan, not what's right according to anyone else, and feel great about where I'm starting and where I want to be. Glad to meet you!

coffeeshopgirl
03-27-2014, 09:20 PM
Lol, I've had some odd cravings lately too. I usually eat chicken or turkey, but last weekend (for breakfast) I told my husband that I wanted a steak. More like, I needed a steak. He was fine with it (as men aparently flock to red meat, lol) and we had steak and tomato slices for brunch. Why the craving? No idea, lol. But it was delicious. I usually eat pretty light for breakfast and lunch, have a snack when I get home, work out (not lately, more below), then have dinner. I will start using MyFitnessPal again after TOM leaves. It worked really well for me, but I stopped using it for a few weeks to see if I could eat well without the app. Turns out I need it to stay accountable. Are you on MFP or any other calorie counting app?

So, I'm working a ton lately, which means I come home exhausted :dizzy:. The good thing is, I have overcome the urge to overeat after a long day, but the stress is still there. I'm hoping this stress goes away over the weekend (get to catch up on sleep) because I know it can effect my weight loss. Between the long days and TOM, I'm hoping the scale wont get too mad at me, haha!

What are you doing for diet and exercise? I do a food prep over the weekend so that I always have healthy food on hand during the week. This week was chicken paprikash (more of a chicken stew than a traditional cream sauce) for dinner and chicken soup and half sandwich with avacado for lunch. For breakfast I usually do oatmeal or yogurt with fruit.

For exercise, a neighbor and I usually walk around the neighborhood 3 days a week. I've recently joined Planet Fitness and started weight lifting too. I can tell you more about my workout plan if you like. How about you?

1bighog
03-27-2014, 11:07 PM
What are you doing for diet and exercise
For breakfast, I have 2 cups of coffee, a fried or boiled egg, 1-2 slices of Canadian bacon or 2-4 slices of turkey bacon, and a green smoothie. I actually eat my "breakfast" over a 2-3 hour period of time. Breakfast is new to me; I have never regularly eaten it but it's part of my new plan. I get too hungry before lunch and end up snacking on junk food.

Lunch varies, but I try to make it protein heavy with 1/2 raw veggies. I don't avoid carbs but I am a carb addict so I do my best to keep it low (and my standards of low carb probably equals someone else's normal/high carb, lol.)

Snacks are raw veggies & hummus, trail mix, cheese sticks, or rice cakes & nut butter.

Dinner is 4 oz protein (mostly chicken, I'm not a huge fan of red meat...and I just realized I've had red meat two nights in a row!), a carb/starch (especially if I haven't had carbs for lunch), and green veggies, raw or roasted/grilled.

Although I am trying to watch my carb vs protein vs fat intake, I rely most heavily upon calorie counting.

I work out hard, 6-9 times a week! I do group fitness training, similar to a Crossfit model, but IMO more cardio and no heavy Olympic lifting (although I love heavy lifting!) The trainer is AWESOME and so, so motivating. I go every Monday-Saturday, unless I'm out of town, and on days where I don't have a lot going on, I'll go twice.

TheFinalFifteen
03-28-2014, 06:20 AM
I have always considered myself a pretty good eater--- I love veggies and they are the mainstay of most of my meals. I once did a 28-day Vegan challenge and loved it because I got to eat grains, haha -- I am pretty sure I have an inflammatory reaction to most grains so I try to minimize them from my diet....

BUT I also have a few hang-ups about food/social eating and I don't like to make a spectacle of my "restrictions" so I tend to go with the flow when eating with others and just reduce my portions. We have a large, close-knit group of friends and share meals with various families frequently.

For me, breakfast is generally a Greek yogurt or an egg on a light English muffin with a slice of cheese. Sometimes I just eat a salad or raw veggies for breakfast.

Lunch is typically a giant salad -- I am loving these Lean Cuisine Salad additions you get in the freezer section -- they take the guesswork out of the calories, etc. If I am out on the road, I will find some brown rice sushi.

Dinner is trickier because we have 3 kids, and there is that spectacle thing where I want to model normal eating and not always be having something special. So we try to grill chicken or chicken sausages, veggies, etc and have a carb-type side dish for the kids. If we are making pizza, I will have hubs make me a super thin crust and I will load it up with veggies. If we have pasta, I make spaghetti squash or zucchini noodles for myself.

I get bored with the same things all the time so I like to mix it up. I am definitely looking for inspiration in the kitchen.

I love my current workout routine -- kickboxing (the kind at a martial arts studio, with a bag and gloves) 3x a week and walking/hiking with friends the other days.

I was doing MFP but wasn't losing so I switched to WW online. Once I get to a plateau, I might switch it back to MFP.

The scale isn't moving so much right now so I think I will take measurements soon -- I *think* I am starting to tone up a little?!?!?!?

coffeeshopgirl
03-28-2014, 08:31 PM
1bighog - I love hummus! And wow - 6-9 times a week of working out - Awesome! It's amazing what can happen when we find the right type of workout for us. Walking with my neighbor has been super motivating.

TheFinalFifteen - Kickboxing - woot woot! Sounds like fun. I totally understand how eating in social situations can be tough. The hubby and I decided that if we do decide to go out, it's either to a Mediterranean or Sushi place, where we can eat a larger volume with less calories.

This morning on the scale = 178!!! :broc:

I'm soooooooooo glad this week is over, talk about crazy busy :dizzy: I am totally sleeping in tomorrow! Hoping to reset this weekend.

Until tomorrow ladies :coffee:

TheFinalFifteen
03-30-2014, 10:13 AM
Hi guys. So I have been keeping kind of a journal of this journey, maybe even to use someday as either a book or excerpts for a book -- so I thought I would sahre today's words with you :-) ...

March 30, 2014

Why does it have to be so hard? Why have I been at this for 7 weeks and still not seeing much progress?

My 4-pound loss was a short-lived victory and with my “crabby time,” a term adopted by my kids and now utilized by my husband, my weight shot right back up to 180 – the very sequence of numbers I was hoping to have fled forever.

But then something funny happened – I took a getaway with Jeff and we stayed at a genuinely beautiful hotel with old-world charm and incidentally, lots and lots of mirrors. It made me realize how few mirrors we have in our house – by coincidence or design, I’m not sure – and I didn’t expect that small fact to be so helpful.

In my mind, I am a gigantic ogre that clip-clops over bridges and crushes flowers, stomping out small buildings and hitting toddlers in the side of the head with my enormous *** when I walk past them.

What I saw in the mirrors was a well-proportioned woman with undeniable curves that won’t change no matter how much weight I lose. I saw a woman who is not small and dainty, but instead curvy and muscular, and it dawned on me that 40 pounds of weight loss – which would put me at the very high end of the spectrum for healthy body weight – would be far too much.

I got to thinking about those BMI charts and their inherent evilness. I started thinking that maybe it’s up to me to decide what “healthy weight” means and while I know I am not there yet, maybe it isn’t as far off into the distance as those charts would have me believe.

So there it is for this rainy Sunday, as I bake a cake – YES, I AM BAKING A *******ED CAKE – and remember that baking a cake – and maybe even eating a slice – is not evidence of my fatness and ogre-like tendencies, but rather an expression of the fact that I like to bake.

It’s time to stop trying to deny myself pleasure – it’s time to learn how to swim the waters rather than just staying afloat or worse – pretending I’m happier on land.

coffeeshopgirl
03-30-2014, 02:03 PM
I like your journal post. I agree with you about the BMI charts, which I've heard are geared towards men anyways. With women, we all have different body types, so where we hold our weight really has an effect on our ideal body weight. BMI charts do not seem to account for different body types.

What kind of cake did you bake? We had pumpkin spice coffee cake for breakfast this weekend because the hubby and I were both craving something sweet. We didn't feel bad about it either!

I just finished up food prep for the week, and my meals are:

Breakfast Options
1/2 cup Greek plan yogurt + 1 cup fruit
1/2 cup oatmeal + cinnamon or ginger
coffee (obviously, lol)

Lunches - I usually make one type of lunch for the week - It's easier to pack and carry to work
Spinach salad with carrots, tomato, 1/4 cup shredded pepperjack cheese, and 1/2 cup Tex-mex season chicken
Granny Smith apple
1/2 cup Chex mix

Dinner Options
Shredded pork tacos
Turkey chili

Snacks
Banana
Fiber One granola bar

For my weekly goals, I'm determined to work out at least 4 times this week and get back to tracking calories on MFP. As tedious as it is, it works for me. We'll see how it goes!

TheFinalFifteen
03-30-2014, 02:21 PM
Do you have a magic number you shoot for (calorie-wise)? I stuck to 1500 but didn't lose weight....

I made a homemade white cake with homemade chocolate frosting and strawberry slices. I actually didn't have an official slice but nibbled as I went ;)

I also made a mushroom soup with julienned zucchini and chicken -- it's a non-fat detoxy kind of soup for the next few days.

coffeeshopgirl
03-30-2014, 06:21 PM
MyFitnessPal gave me a caloric goal of 1460 calories per day. I checked this calorie goal against another BMR (basal metabolic rate) calculator and got the same calorie goal. However, if I happen to work out like I did today, I can consume more calories. For example, I did 30 minutes on the elliptical and burned 280 calories, so now I have a total of 1740 calories that I can eat for the day. So, it really depends on how much you plan to work out each day.

Basically, if I burn 3500 calories in a week, then I'll see a 1 pound weight loss. You also adjust your calories when you've dropped in pounds.

Calorie counting isn't the easiest, lol. The only way I've been able to keep it up is by prepping my foods over the weekend and portioning them out for the week. This is the only way I don't deviate from my portions or go up for a second helping. I factor in two snacks for the day, usually pre and post dinner are when I feel like I need something sweet, so I'll have an apple or a granola bar.

I guess weight loss in and of itself isn't easy. I look at everything else in my life, and there's a measure of accountability - Don't go to work = No money, Don't pay bills = No house/car/internet - but with weight loss, no one really makes you do it until you get to the point where you get sick. Then you get the doctor holding you accountable, higher insurance rates, money for doctor bills, etc. I suppose with the overabundance of food, there will always be a challenge to eat what you need and not what you want. (I'm totally thinking about Chinese food right now!)

There are many different thoughts on calorie counting - does it work (for me it does), does it make you OCD (probably, lol), should you eat back your calories after a workout (depends on when you work out - I work out before dinner, so I eat according to my goal). I haven't even looked into maintenance calories yet, but that will come once I reach my goal.

Hope you had a good weekend. Happy Sunday! :broc:

TheFinalFifteen
03-31-2014, 11:03 AM
What is your MFP name? I will do some calorie inputting this week for giggles.

seaurchin
03-31-2014, 06:52 PM
I am looking forward in seeing you guys soon! Currently at 180.2. See you by the end of the week! :-)

coffeeshopgirl
03-31-2014, 08:27 PM
I'm ABrent2012 on MyFitnessPal

coffeeshopgirl
03-31-2014, 09:28 PM
My weight loss journey has been a very educational one. I've learned a lot about metabolism and energy, as well as food absorption, food types, nutritional facts, etc. As I've progressed along, observing my eating and behavioral habits has also helped me gain perspective of what I need to do to feel healthy along the way.

With that, I listed some questions that I had to answer throughout my weight loss journey. I posted my answers below, and I'd be interested in hearing your answers too! It's always interesting to see what works for others.

Q: When do you weigh yourself?

My Answer: I used to have issues with my scale, but now it's more of a curiosity thing. I usually weigh myself in the morning and then after dinner just to see how much weight I'm holding onto throughout the day. I've read somewhere that your stomach can hold about 3-4 pounds of food, which is what I usually see after dinner (around 183-184). Then in the morning, it's metabolised and I'm back down to 178-179.

Q: What are your eating habits?

My Answer: I have tried eating various ways, and it works best for me if I eat light for breakfast and lunch, with a snack before I work out, and have my bigger meal for dinner. I experimented with a larger breakfast and lunch, only to find that I still come home wanting to eat a larger dinner. This also made me eat later into the night, like around 10pm, which interfered with my sleep schedule. So, I compromised with myself and saved my calories for later in the day. I also found that eating a larger breakfast and lunch made me ready for a nap by 2pm - Can we say food coma? Now that I've found my eating routine, I'm satisfied after dinner, which is finished by 8-8:30pm.

Isn't it weird how we're such creatures of habit? :devil:

Q: When you start to go off plan, what brings you back?

My Answer: I have learned not to fight with my body anymore. If it wants carbs more than my willpower can let me shake off, then my body gets carbs. Now, I eat a decent amount of carbs daily (fruit, granola, oatmeal) but sometimes I just crave some pasta - usually if I've been working out consistently. Of course, we know cravings can lead to other bad food decisions, so I just try to make the healthiest choices I can.

I just went "off plan" about 3-4 weeks ago. I was working out a lot when the pasta cravings came, then TOM showed up, and then I noticed that I wanted fried food like every day. I gave in for the most part with acceptable foods - spicy Thai food for my extra need for carbs, and falafel to settle my fried food craving. I stopped counting calories after I realized that my body was having a field day, lol. :dance: However, I gave myself an end date (after TOM was finished).

I guess what gets me back on track is letting my body enjoy itself for a bit and then making a conscious decision to get back on plan.

That's all for now. Happy Monday!!

:coffee:

TheFinalFifteen
04-02-2014, 12:17 PM
I love what you have to say about just enjoying yourself -- one of the things I have had to realize without feeling defensive is that one of my reason for being overweight is not about having a broken relationship with food, or trying to cover up my emotions, but simply because of the pleasure I take in eating. I love food, I love the pleasure of flavor and texture and I love to bake and cook. So that's that :-)

Still, for my own health, I think it's best to try to control that passion a bit!

RVAscreenwriter
04-04-2014, 09:57 AM
Hi, everyone! I hope you don't mind me joining in.
From about June 2012 to April 2013 I lost 35 pounds. Yay for that! Then, I gained about 15 pounds of it back. In the last few months I've dropped about 5 pounds by just cutting out alcohol.
Now, I'm ready to get serious. I just started going to the gym again, and am pushing myself to create a "habit" of consistent exercise. Right now I'm at 174, and hope to eventually get down to 142.
Anyway, I know that even with dedication, I won't see results on the scale for a bit, since I'm at the beginning. Glad to touch base with other 170'ers!

TheFinalFifteen
04-04-2014, 03:43 PM
Welcome RVAScreenwriter -- finally!!!! SOme people!!!! :carrot:

RVAscreenwriter
04-06-2014, 09:06 AM
It's my pleasure to join y'all! How are things going, TheFinalFifteen? Personally, Shark Week just started for me (TOM), which in weight loss is one of those things where you just kind of hang in there and wait until its past. I just have to remind myself that patience is a virtue whenever I see that scale.

I am such a big fan of doing weights, that I'm excited to go to the gym. It's kind of weird. I used to be in great shape when I met my husband. I am a curvy woman with a tendency toward strong, sprinter-style legs, so when I was my fittest I was 150 and a size 6. Anyway, back then, I jogged 2-3 times a week and did weights four times a week. I'm less excited about doing the jogging, since my stamina is awful, but I love doing the weights circuit.

How about anyone else who is on this thread? Are you doing what you love to do or what you hate, but know will get results?

TheFinalFifteen
04-06-2014, 09:51 AM
The scale has been no friend of mine -- today's weigh-in had me right back up to 179.9.

I am going to kick my diet into high gear this week -- any interest in posting daily eating records?

I really vascillate between hyper-focus on eating.exercise/weightloss, and spend most of my time feeling totally crappy about my self -- and then I swing wildly to paying no attention, living my life, eating well but not monitoring calories/points, etc -- and feeling fine with myself and what I look like.

Either way, I weight basically the same -- in two months, I have been fluxuating between 182 down to 176 and back up again. So I am a little lost today, trying to figure out if any of this is worth it. Sigh.

RVAscreenwriter
04-06-2014, 10:21 AM
The scale has been no friend of mine -- today's weigh-in had me right back up to 179.9.

I am going to kick my diet into high gear this week -- any interest in posting daily eating records?
If you want to put daily eating records up, I'll support you! I can't commit to doing it myself, though. I get hyper-focused, as you say, when I start logging calories and stuff. I basically go a little nuts.

I really vascillate between hyper-focus on eating.exercise/weightloss, and spend most of my time feeling totally crappy about my self -- and then I swing wildly to paying no attention, living my life, eating well but not monitoring calories/points, etc -- and feeling fine with myself and what I look like.
That sounds just like me from 2012! For myself, it took me some time, but I now really love my body in all of its imperfection. I still want to lose weight, look more fabulous, feel more healthy... I just feel that the part about "feeling fine" is more important than anything else. Live life for the now, and all that.

Either way, I weight basically the same -- in two months, I have been fluxuating between 182 down to 176 and back up again. So I am a little lost today, trying to figure out if any of this is worth it. Sigh.
It's worth it! Whenever I look at my goals, weight-related or otherwise, and get confused by whether or not I should stick to it, I think of my heroes. I think of people who fought the good fight and eventually won out. They won out over their insecurities, doubts, against naysayers because they were persistent. Even if it took years, they got what they wanted. So, yeah. I think you should keep on it, if losing weight is something you truly want.

Go you! Go us! :carrot:

coffeeshopgirl
04-06-2014, 10:41 AM
Happy Sunday everyone!

RVAscreenwriter - That's awesome that you enjoy working out so much! I enjoy the gym once I get there...it's just getting to the gym some days that takes work. I usually do 30 minutes of cardio and then legs or core work. I'm doing a walk/run 5K with some coworkers the first week of May, so I've been training for that too.

TheFinalFifteen - :dust: - Sending positive vibes your way! Sorry you're not seeing any progress on the scale today. Hoping this week is better for you :)

As for me, I've been seeing the effects of weight gain and stress. The scale didn't move this week and I know it was because of the long days I've been working. This week has been crazy, and I even went in yesterday for about 6 hours. So sleep has been intermittent and not very restful. However, I was determined to sleep in this morning, and the scale showed 177.8 pounds! It's amazing what a restful sleep can do.

I'm all for posting daily eating records! I'll post my Sunday eating tonight.

:coffee2:

RVAscreenwriter
04-06-2014, 10:51 AM
Yup on sleep! I've noticed that my weight loss works better when I get enough sleep. Keep the faith, coffeeshopgirl!

MauiKai
04-07-2014, 02:11 PM
I am so close, yet so far from getting out of the 170s. I have 3lbs-ish to go. I want the 160s! And then I want out of there fast, to the 150s! Haha

RVAscreenwriter
04-07-2014, 02:58 PM
Welcome, MauiKai! Temporarily, at least ;)

coffeeshopgirl
04-07-2014, 08:54 PM
This morning I was 176.2!!! As promised, here's my food journal. Since I prep my food over the weekend, I will be eating essentially the same thing all week. The food prep is so helpful because it keeps my measurements consistent, and it's one less thing I need to think about when I get home.

Daily Food Log

Breakfast: 1/2 cup plain fat free yogurt, 1 cup frozen fruit (thawed obviously), black coffee

Lunch: Spinach salad, carrots, tomato, chicken (about 3/4 cup), olive oil greek dressing with feta crumbles in it, 1 slice of Dominos pizza *I made myself eat ALL my salad and drink some water before I ate the piece of pizza.

Dinner: 4 oz corned beef, 1/2 cup homemade sourkraut, 2 oz chicken, grilled green pepper and mushrooms

Snacks: 1 Granny Smith apple, 1/2 cup Chex mix, 2 oz Avacado, 2 cups balled watermelon

Exercise

30 minutes on the elliptical

Paulitens
04-07-2014, 10:13 PM
Well, apparently I posted in the regular 170s thread in the 100s forum instead of the 30-somethings forum. Oh well.

I weighted in this morning and I was 179.8. Pretty excited about that! I have been in the 180s for what seemed like an eternity. I have been losing 1+ lbs per week after the first two weeks' whoosh when I started last January.

I am pumped to be here but I don't mean to stick around for very long!

RVAscreenwriter
04-08-2014, 08:02 AM
coffeeshopgirl - Way to go! That's awesome that your scale started cooperating ;)
Welcome, pauli!

I want to look at the scale and don't want to look at the scale. I'm going to wait for a couple of more days until * ahem * "Shark Week" is done, and then I'll see where I stand in the 170s. The other reason beside TOM that I'm a little hesitant to weigh myself is that I just started doing weights again with regularity and just know that the scale will probably go up a few pounds before it starts going down. Even knowing that, I don't want to see it, you know?

coffeeshopgirl
04-08-2014, 08:50 PM
RVAscreenwriter - I so hear you about TOM and the scale. They do NOT like each other, lol. I would give it a week and hop on the scale when you feel more like you. If your TOM is like mine, you feel awesomely bloated most of the week. Good job for sticking with the weight lifting!

Paulitens - Yay for 179.8!! Hang around with us for as long as you need. Keep up the good work :broc:

I gave into my craving for spicy carbs tonight and got some Thai Drunken Noodles with pork - medium spice. Definitely feeling happy feelings from the spicy carb euphoria, but it's mixed with a tiny pang of guilt. Yes, I was "bad" but I also logged it into myfitnesspal. Turns out I went 1000 calories over my daily goal.

A part of me is like "So what - you've been doing great the last month! Plus, you'll meet your goal every other day this week. You'll be fine."

The guilty part of me is like "This is what you ate like in the first place, which is how you weighed 190 not that long ago."

So, I'm struggling with those two thoughts right now, and it's probably because I feel so full. In the grand scheme of things, it will probably show up on the scale for a day or two and then go away. We shall see, right?

Happy Tuesday all! :coffee2:

Paulitens
04-08-2014, 11:38 PM
Thank you for the welcome to your thread!

Today I had to jump on the treadmill and jog/speed walk 2+ miles to make room for dinner in my calorie budget. What the heck!? This never happens to me. Anyhow... it's all good.

:broc: :broc:

RVAscreenwriter
04-09-2014, 08:48 AM
coffeeshopgirl - I understand that pull between guilt and shrugging about those extra calories. The way I've chosen to look at those sorts of off days is this: It's not realistic to be 100% perfect all of the time. It doesn't hurt to have one day per week where you're a little less-than-perfect.

Beside which, if you bust up that 1000 calories across the week, it's only a bit more than 100 calories per day extra in your diet. Or, if you think of it in terms of calories per pound, it's less than a third of a pound. Basically, so long as you stick to your guns the other 90% of the time, you'll be fine.

Paulitens
04-09-2014, 11:18 PM
Hello, ladies!

I just wanted to check in today. :) I weighted in today although my official weight in days are Mondays, and I was 179.0. Not too shabby.

Today I put my favorite button up shirt (a chambray shirt with a detail in lace on the shoulders), and it was HUMONGOUS! I swam in it. It felt good to swim in my own old clothes, though.

TheFinalFifteen
04-10-2014, 12:08 PM
That is awesome Paulitens!!!! I would love to be swimming in my clothes. I have started buying my clothes one size smaller -- which is not to say that I have gotten any smaller but I think I had a tendency to wear really baggy clothes and I think it makes me look bigger.

I saw some jeans on someone the other day and she had a nice figure but the bagginess of the jeans looked dumpy.. I thought to myself, am I shortchanging myself by covering up so much?

I also started wearing normal workout clothes to kickboxing rather than covering up with a baggy sweatshirt. I guess I am starting to get more comfortable in my own skin -- one of the few things I feel like I can control right now, my acceptance of myself.

RVAscreenwriter
04-10-2014, 02:01 PM
That's awesome that you are swimming in your old fave shirt, Pauli!
FinalFifteen - it's great that you're not wearing that baggy sweatshirt, anymore to class. I'm sure that it was just getting in your way, anyhow!

As for me, I weighed in two mornings after finishing the TOM, and umm... no budge. Scale fail. As I said before, I expect to have a couple of weeks of 174 before I see progress, considering that I just got back on the weight training horse. Still... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. 174 it is, for now.

Paulitens
04-10-2014, 05:49 PM
That is awesome Paulitens!!!! I would love to be swimming in my clothes. I have started buying my clothes one size smaller -- which is not to say that I have gotten any smaller but I think I had a tendency to wear really baggy clothes and I think it makes me look bigger.

I saw some jeans on someone the other day and she had a nice figure but the bagginess of the jeans looked dumpy.. I thought to myself, am I shortchanging myself by covering up so much?

I also started wearing normal workout clothes to kickboxing rather than covering up with a baggy sweatshirt. I guess I am starting to get more comfortable in my own skin -- one of the few things I feel like I can control right now, my acceptance of myself.

Yeah, the clothes size is a fine line because while baggy clothes can make us look bigger, smaller sizes can also make us look big by showing bulges we didn't even know we had! I hate baggy clothes, but I spent too long wearing clothes that were not right for me (you know, typical scenario that you gained weight and you know it, but your brain still refuses to accept it and you continue dressing as if you were your old weight), not realizing how ridiculous I looked. For example: big no-no of big girls (especially top heavy like me), are tight low rise jeans, but I wore them because I thought they'd make me look my size. Really? Not so much, but I wore low rise jeans my whole life because I used to be at a healthy, lower weight and back then they did make me look my size. Now low rise tight jeans don't look pretty when you're 200+ lbs like I was. So I finally came to terms with that and bought higher-waisted, non stretchy jeans at the risk of looking like an old lady. Best. Purchase. Ever. And then I started dieting and I'm reversing the cycle: clothes that used to fit me well, like a glove, are way baggy and I think "it's ok, it's proof that I'm losing weight" but... really? Does it show that I'm losing weight or is it concealing the fact that I'm losing weight by making me look bigger? So... there, it's a fine line.

Here's the shirt I was talking about. I enjoyed the fact that it felt so loose and relaxed, but maybe aesthetically it wasn't doing me any favors. Also, those are some of the low-rise skinny jeans I was talking about; they still make a bit of a muffin top but it's not as terrible as it used to be, hahaha! Anyway... you couldn't tell because the shirt is so loose.

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r11/PaulaLavine/3FCweek12.jpg (http://s140.photobucket.com/user/PaulaLavine/media/3FCweek12.jpg.html)

That's awesome that you are swimming in your old fave shirt, Pauli!
FinalFifteen - it's great that you're not wearing that baggy sweatshirt, anymore to class. I'm sure that it was just getting in your way, anyhow!

As for me, I weighed in two mornings after finishing the TOM, and umm... no budge. Scale fail. As I said before, I expect to have a couple of weeks of 174 before I see progress, considering that I just got back on the weight training horse. Still... I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed. 174 it is, for now.

No budge? That blows. :/ I just started working out more often; I run on the treadmill a few times a week. We'll see if it speeds up the process a bit.

coffeeshopgirl
04-12-2014, 04:45 PM
I keep hovering between 176 - 178. TOM is on it's way, so I'll giving it a few weeks.

Rode my bike into work today (I live close by). It was a total of 60 minutes biking, and it sure kicked my butt!

Hope all is well :coffee2:

Paulitens
04-14-2014, 08:58 AM
Today was my official weight in day and I was 178.2! I lost 1.5 lbs since I got into the 170s thread last week, and 30 lbs since I began my healthy eating thing back on January 20th.

I still have 46 more lbs to go or so... But for now I can't wait to be down to 176 lbs because that's 80 kilos and I still think my milestones in terms of kilos. That was my big first milestone; going back to the weight I was right after I had my first daughter.

My second big milestone is getting down to 154 lbs (70 kilos) which is what I was when I got pregnant with her and, well, my usual weight most of my adult life. And then there is the ultimate goal of 132 which would be 10 kilos less than 70, which is the lightest I was as an adult, about 10 years ago.

I am SO pumped!!

:broc::broc::broc:

RVAscreenwriter
04-14-2014, 09:22 AM
Congratulations, Pauli! That is so awesome! What is especially great about your loss is that it is happening gradually and not rushed... That's more sustainable for keeping it off in the future! Keep up the good work :)

I'm going to weigh myself at the gym today and see if the scale has decided to cooperate. I am seeing progress, however, in that my legs and arms are getting "more solid" already. My husband noticed, too!

SunnyMathChick
04-16-2014, 05:11 PM
183.5 this morning... I hope to join this thread soon! But I will also help that you guys are gone by the time I get here. ;)

Paulitens
04-16-2014, 08:41 PM
RVAscreenwriter - that's definitely true. I have been losing one lb per week after the first two weeks dieting that I had a big whoosh and lost like 8 lbs. LOL. I like the speedy weight loss but this isn't bad in the long run.

SunnyMathChick - I'm going to be here for a while. :) Looking back at the last months I have been losing 10 lbs a month or so, so I expect to be here till mid-May.

noshoes
04-16-2014, 08:50 PM
I am 36, mum to five.

I am a few pounds away from 170s but hope it will be very soon. I think that will make me boringly normal ( according to bmi) so may stay for a while.

Paulitens
04-17-2014, 09:59 AM
Hi noshoes! I think we've talked in the 180s or 190s thread. Good to see you here!

TheFinalFifteen
04-17-2014, 01:22 PM
When I start a new thread (maybe May 1?) I am going to include 180s and 170s since so many of us get trapped here :-)

I hope all you 180s people (which includes myself some days hahaha) stick around for a chat :-)

Paulitens
04-18-2014, 09:58 PM
I weighted myself in today and I was a glorious 176.8! So close to my second major goal of reaching 80 kilos (176.0 lbs.). I can almost taste it! I haven't been this low since I had my first daughter, 7 and a half years ago. I don't even think I was this low after I had her.

I am SO pumped!!

:broc::broc:

Gotta go get on the treadmill and do a few miles. See you all!

RVAscreenwriter
04-19-2014, 12:34 PM
ugh! I am so frustrated! I know that I need to hang in there with the strength training, I know that already having a higher, firmy booty and less flabby arms is worth it (I am pleased to say I look a bit better in my clothes already), but my weight has GONE UP.

I am up to 179 pounds from 174. Sheesh! Muscle, why you got to be so heavy!?

Just had to vent. Thanks for reading.

Paulitens
04-19-2014, 01:28 PM
Aw, man! That totally blows!

I am going easy on my work outs because I just hate seeing the scale going up because of muscle weight. I just jog/walk briskly 3-4 times a week because I know I can go overboard and then get frustrated with the numbers on the scale. And for some reason those numbers mean the world to me. I'm hoping that once I'm closer to my final goal I'll work out more often and do more strength workouts .

Hang in there, though, if your clothes fit better you're doing something good! :)

RVAscreenwriter
04-21-2014, 10:07 AM
Hi, everyone! It's the day after Easter, and I'm feeling a bit guilty... SIGH. My day started out pretty great with me hitting the gym and pumping some serious iron (for me, anyway). My husband even went to spot me on the bench press, which was totally awesome. Love that guy. Also, I weighed in just to check, and it turns out I'm 175.5? I weighed myself on a different scale that time I found the jump up to 179... Which scale is right? <shrug> Don't really care.

Okay, I ate well after gym with protein, an awesome shake with tons of spinach...

Then we headed over to my Tia's house. Oh, crap. Between our front door and leaving hers at the end of the day I think I ate 2,000 calories. OHMYGEEZ! I'm trying not to be too angry with myself about it, but I can't really justify my major disregard of my goals, even for the sake of family fun on a holiday.

Did anyone else eat too much? Or were you all good? ;) I hope that it's the latter!

Paulitens
04-21-2014, 10:41 AM
Make sure to always stick with the same scale. Every time I go to the doctor it adds like 8 lbs to my weight and I hate it but I try to ignore it. I'm going with the weight my scale at home is showing.

Easter was ok, I didn't eat candy or anything. And with two kids at home there is still plenty of candy! But I don't want any either.

I'm still disappointed that Friday and Saturday the scale was showing 176.6, and 176.4... and then yesterday it went back up to 177.6, and it hasn't miraculously gone down overnight for my official weight in today. So my weight today is 177.4. Boo to that!

It's still almost a lb. down since last week, though, so it's something.

Stars0245
04-21-2014, 03:34 PM
Hello everyone! Can I join in? I am new to this forum (this is my 1st post) and looking for some friends to post with. :) About the last week of Feb I started eating less/watching my portion size because I wanted to fit more comfortably into a dress I bought to wear on vacation we took the last week of Mar. I started at 196 and and happy to say as of yesterday I am down to 179! That was before eating way too much Easter goodies but I am working hard to try and make up for it this week! I dont have a scale here at home but usually weigh myself at my parents home when I am there which is about once a week. Oh and I am 32 with 3 kids ages 6, 5, and 1. I do in home daycare so most of my exercise is chasing kids instead of "organized" workouts. Trying to make it fun and get the kids involved has been working ok so far. Anyone else have no kid free time for workouts?

RVAscreenwriter
04-21-2014, 04:46 PM
Stars - Welcome! We're happy to temporarily have you join the crew! ;-) The 170s are tough to bust out of for a lot people, but I'm sure you'll blaze your way down to the 160s at the rate you're going! Congratulations!
Pauli - Good for you for keeping to your clean eating habits and avoiding that candy :) The weight variation for you is a bummer, though. At least you've made some progress!
For me, I recognize that there are the variations you get from one scale to another, so I'm going to stay true to the one at my gym. At least that'll keep me sane.

I've resolved to get back to my cleaner eating normal, and am doing really great, today. We just got the Magic Bullet, so I made an awesome snack shake with soy milk, tons of kale and spinach, some frozen berries and a Splenda packet. It was pretty good.

Paulitens
04-22-2014, 01:51 PM
I try not to pay attention to my weight fluctuations throughout the week, and only consider the ones on weight-in days (Mondays). Still it was pretty disappointed not to be 176."something" yesterday. And then at night I kind of blew my budget eating healthy stuff, but still eating more than I should. :(

Now I'm watching it and hoping to get on the treadmill more often this week so I can be at 176 next week for sure. Finals weeks make me very anxious and it's hard for me to curb those cravings! Geez. So friggin' annoying.

Stars0245
04-22-2014, 03:42 PM
ugh ate more candy last night! Still stayed within my calories for the day but barely. oh well can't change the choices I made yesterday and today is a new day! Feeling tired today but trying to stay active outside with the kids. If I am lucky Dh will be home in time for to take a long walk kid free tonight. :)
How are you ladies doing today? Is left over Easter candy hard to resist for any of you also? What are some things you do when you are wanting to eat some?

Paulitens
04-22-2014, 05:36 PM
That's the attitude! That's what I told myself last night when the damage was done "oh well, what's done is done" and went to bed.

Tonight treadmill it is for me.

And yes, Stars, those Robin Eggs are taunting me. I ate two pieces and that is is.

RVAscreenwriter
04-22-2014, 07:18 PM
My husband and I were soooo tempted to eat the leftover Easter candy, but we made sure to give it to my baby cousins. Thank goodness that stuff is gone!

I have been doing really well with cleaning eating since Sunday - I'm quite proud of how I was able to jump right back into what I was doing without giving in to the slew of temptations which abound during the holidays. Now, to stick to my guns...

Paulitens
04-22-2014, 07:44 PM
Way to go, RVAscreenwriter!

I just had a delicious dinner consisting of too much fat-free chicken breast sauteed in mandarin sauce, and salad. That chicken was too good! I ate like 8 ounces of it. But now I'm full and I know I won't feel like eating crap for the evening. LOL.

Stars0245
04-22-2014, 10:02 PM
RVA, way to go on giving the candy away! Thats what I would do if my children wouldnt hate me for it lol

Paulitens, eating just 2 pieces some good will power!

Paulitens
04-22-2014, 11:49 PM
Thanks, Stars! For most of the part I have been rocking this "will power" thing. It's so unprecedented I'm amazed of myself.

Seriously. I am not even joking.

I just got on the treadmill. Not much, just 2 miles over 40 minutes tonight; I have a bad knee so I cannot really go too crazy with that. :(

Stars0245
04-23-2014, 11:12 PM
2 miles is great!
I did 30min on the eliptical. I dont like that i never know for sure what distance i put in on an eliptical. Plus i dont trust how many calories it says i burned but i kept my heartrate up above 120 so thats got to be somewhat good?? I am clueless about exercise stuff lol

RVAscreenwriter
04-24-2014, 10:03 AM
Keep patting yourself on the back, pauli for the willpower stuff. It cannot be undervalued!
Stars - good instinct on mistrusting the eliptical. That machine doesn't know you! Consider getting a fitbit or something like that to measure your calories, if calories burned is a measure for you. I've heard that they're great.

I have decided not to weigh myself until the 30th, just so I won't drive myself nuts! I do have good news on the progress front. Not only has strength training really upped my stamina since I started, but despite the scale staying the same, I can fit into a white skirt I haven't been able to wear in like, three years! I used to try it on and it would fit, but I'd look kind of lumpy, or my butt would look cellulite-y. Not today! I'm super-stoked. This is the kind of progress which is most important to me. Darn it if I don't want to look good!

Paulitens
04-24-2014, 01:03 PM
Stars - I don't know how much we can or we should trust those machines when they tell us how many calories we burned but for example, since the treadmill is the only kind of work out I'm doing right now, I'm going by what it's says. It's kind of my constant. I might not burn exactly what the machine says but that's my only source of information in terms of calories burned. I don't know... I know it's not accurate, but I go by it anyway because I don't have 100 dollars to spare on a Fitbit. :S

RVAscreenwriter - you're right, it is undervalued! We wouldn't be where we are without will power. Doesn't it feel awesome when you fit into old, small clothes again? I'm there with my size L tops, which is a lot because I was XL to XXL when I started. But I won't stop until I fit in my small tops again. :)

Today I got on the treadmill for like 1.5 hours. It's a lot and my left knee is killing me now. It was a bit of an angry work out because yesterday (again) I blew my budget and when I was ready to work out at night my little one woke up with a fever, threw up all over me, would not go to bed on her own, and ended up sleeping in our bed. Needless to say, she slept but mommy and daddy didn't, and I had still blown my budget... so today while she napped I got my sweet revenge. Maybe if my knee feels better tonight I'll do round two. I need to be 176.0 next Monday, and darn it, it doesn't feel like it's going to happen. :(

Stars0245
04-25-2014, 04:16 PM
Ugh weighed myself today and still the same, nothing lost this week :( I think the easter candy is partly to blame! Might have to throw some of it away. At least I didnt gain but still bummed. Maybe I will make up for it this next week and lose extra?? A gal can wish right?? :)

Hope you all are having a good Friday!

Paulitens
04-26-2014, 01:37 PM
I know the feeling, Stars!

I checked my weight this morning and only 2 ounces lost; I have been blowing my budget day in and day out this week, even though it was with "permitted" foods. It's such a bummer! I'll see if I can straighten up today and tomorrow so Monday, for my read weight in, I am at 176.0 or lower. I doubt it, seeing how this week I have been averaging 178. :(

noshoes
04-28-2014, 01:58 AM
When I start a new thread (maybe May 1?) I am going to include 180s and 170s since so many of us get trapped here :-)

I hope all you 180s people (which includes myself some days hahaha) stick around for a chat :-)

That sounds good. 182 pounds ATM.

Paulitens
04-28-2014, 11:21 AM
176.0 lbs this morning! So happy!!

:broc::broc::broc:

And then I checked my grades and found out I got a 95 in a really hard test I took last week. I'm rocking this "life" thing! ;)

Stars0245
04-28-2014, 11:59 AM
Woo hoo!! Go Paulitens!!

RVAscreenwriter
04-29-2014, 09:14 AM
Wow, pauli! Yay yay yay for you! That is SO awesome!

Paulitens
04-29-2014, 11:28 AM
Thanks, you guys! I checked my weight this morning just for fun and it was 175. That's 79.54 kilos. I haven't been in the 70s probably since I was pregnant with my first daughter, 8 years ago. Since I stopped growing when I was a teenager (and that wasn't much anyway because I'm not even 5'4''), I've been a steady 70 kilos, so being in the 70s now feels like when you're coming back home from a very long trip and you start recognizing landscapes and places. I don't know when I'll reach 154 lbs (70 kilos), but I am SO pumped! I just need to get this last week of school done and over with so I don't have to spend so much time sitting in front of the computer.

How are you guys doing this week?

RVAscreenwriter
04-29-2014, 12:37 PM
That's just so great, Pauli! Seriously, I'm very happy for you :) It's invigorating to make progress like that! I'm still firmly at 175lbs, but have been getting a lot more compliments on the same old clothes I've been wearing to work. My husband says that they didn't fit tightly, particularly, but that I just look better in them. That's progress enough for April! I'll hope to get my inches and pounds down more in my birth month of May!

Everyone else doing okay?

Stars0245
04-29-2014, 03:37 PM
Love hearing that you guys are doing great! It keeps me motivated.
I am doing good. Have been staying within my calorie range and today i got a quick workout in with the kids. They love to dance/workout with me. :) I am loving that I dont get out of breath so fast and can play with the kids more without getting tired so quickly. Someone I dont see too often complimented me the other day and said she can tell have lost weight! That is the first time anyone has noticed! Love it!!

SunnyMathChick
04-29-2014, 04:10 PM
180.5 this morning... Watch out, I'm coming soon!

RVAscreenwriter
04-29-2014, 05:54 PM
Welcome, Christine!
Glad we're helping motivate you, Stars!

RVAscreenwriter
04-30-2014, 10:00 AM
Okay - I am having such trouble reining in my calorie consumption. I need to allow myself to feel hungry, just a little hungry, but it's so hard for me! If I don't, I won't be able to lose this fluff on my belly and arms and will just stay frustrated.

Maybe I'm just posting because I need a little encouragement, or maybe because it's the end of the month and I didn't meet my modest goal of weight loss. I don't know. All I do know is that I don't want to be in the 170s forever. I just want to get down to the 160s by Memorial Day.

coffeeshopgirl
04-30-2014, 11:52 AM
175 this morning! Woo hoo!!

Hope everyone's doing well :)

:coffee2:

Paulitens
04-30-2014, 10:45 PM
Thank you, RVAScreenwriter! Reading about you guys' progress motivates me as well. I'm not a very competitive person but I like being surrounded by people who have positive attitudes and are working hard for goals similar to mine. :hug:

Also, I totally hear you on reining in your calorie intake. My calorie intake has been completely out of whack in the last weeks probably because I was PMSing and because of school-related anxiety. Last week I blew my budget twice, I snacked on healthy foods all day long (but snacked in the end, no veggies), and had to get on the treadmill just to put my intake back within my budget burning some of calories. It was ridiculous. Today I kind of did the same and I feel awful about it! I'm still losing but it frustrates me because I'm afraid that when I meet my goal I'm going to bounce back to my old habits. :( I don't have any advice to give you, just sympathy because I'm on the same boat lately.

Looking forward to see you join us, sunny!

Doesn't it feel awesome to get unexpected compliments, stars? And yay for working out with the kids! I have to wait until they're gone to bed if I want to get my sweat on! :broc:

Congrats, coffeeshopgirl! Good job! I hope the scale shows me some love next week with 175. :)

Stars0245
05-02-2014, 03:45 PM
Weighed in today at 177!! Yay for progress!!

I worry too about once i reach my goal thay I will go back to my old habbits and regain weight. I just try to tell myself that I wont let that happen.

Got in a 25min walk/jog last night. Was nice to get outside for awhile!

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Paulitens
05-03-2014, 11:56 AM
Hi stars! Congrats on your progress!

I think I'll have to continue calorie counting when I reach my goal. It's a bummer because it's a lot of work but I'll have to do whatever it takes to keep me focused, I guess. I do hope to give myself a "free" day per week once I reach my goal, so I can eat pizza, a hot dog or a milk shake and not blow my budget for the whole month. LOL. Or feel guilty about it.

I checked my weight this morning and it was 174.4 again. :broc: Hopefully it sticks until Monday (or goes down, hehe!)

Stars0245
05-04-2014, 11:19 PM
Thanks! :)

Paulitens
05-05-2014, 09:07 AM
174.2 this morning for my official weight in. Halleloo!

Stars0245
05-05-2014, 09:35 AM
Thats great! You will be out of the 170's in no time!

SunnyMathChick
05-05-2014, 10:19 AM
I'm here! 178.5 this morning! I'm hoping to sail right through this decade!

Paulitens
05-05-2014, 10:22 AM
Stars - YES! Hopefully I'll be out in 3-4 weeks. I'm losing about 1+ lb a week but tonight is my last day of school, so I will be able to work out some more on a daily basis and maybe that will boost my weight loss. I don't want to get my hopes up, though. LOL.

Good luck, Sunny!

Pinkhippie
05-06-2014, 02:00 PM
Im here! I'm 38 and I LONG to see the 160's again which is pretty funny since when I was younger the 160's were my highest weight ever. This is obviously before kids. Now that I have had 3 kiddos and the youngest is a nursing toddler, the 160's sounds awesome! I have been jumping between 170 and 171 for about 3 weeks now. I also started weight training about 3 weeks ago so I assume its not a coincidence. I hope I see the 160's soon. I was in the 180's for MONTHS though. I guess it's good, I am going for sustainable long term weight loss and I know that my body seems to need to adjust to a new weight before I can move down. I blew through the 170's in only a couple of weeks though. But ever since then Ive just been hanging out at 171 or 170. It's a little frustrating. My size 12s ALMOST fit, they are just a bit too snug but my 14's are loose. And my 16's are now way too big. yay!

I try to eat only when I am hungry and stop when I am satisfied. I try to eat healthily but if I want something sweet or not as healthy I will eat it, but carefully and consciously and usually only one portion. I also do 20 min on my elliptical about 3 times a week, and weight training on alternate days. My biggest struggle is emotional eating.

I also use an awesome app called Two Grand. It's like a twitter for food intake. You take pictures of everything you eat, you have followers, people can like your meals. It's awesome. It has helped me cut out random snacking because I have to take a picture of it and sometimes even emotional eating because Im like do I really want to take a pic of this and post it? And am I even hungry? It's been very helpful.

Paulitens
05-06-2014, 02:44 PM
Hi Pinkhippie! Welcome to our humble thread! :)

I had never heard of Two Grand. I'll check it out... sounds like something fun to keep track of your food intake. I do LoseIt but it's pretty uneventful (it's effective though, so it works for me).

I was 174.6 again this morning. I ate like an elephant yesterday... LOL. But school is over and I submitted my final research 8 minutes before its deadline, and now I'm back to a more regular, stress and anxiety-free routine. I'm back!

Pinkhippie
05-06-2014, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the welcome Paulitens!

I forgot to mention about the Two Grand app. you can follow people who are at your goal weight so you can see what their food intake looks like. It has really been helpful for me in that way too.

I had loseit for a while on my phone but they didn't have as many items with calories as mfp so I stopped using it. I liked it though. :)

Eta: I went and checked out lose it again and I have to say its a lot more fun than my fitness pal. I like the icons and how it remembers what you logged earlier.

Paulitens
05-06-2014, 06:02 PM
I started using LoseIt a long time ago, like in 2010-11 so I'm used to it by now plus it "remembered" all my old foods, my weight, activities, etc. When I started watching my weight back in January I tried MFP because I had heard good things about it but I just couldn't figure it out and I don't have much patience with apps; if I don't understand them right away I delete them. LOL.

Well, go figure, after a crazy few days of too much eating, I'm done with school and I kind of lost my appetite. I'm woozy, too. Probably because I've only eaten 350 calories all day. :(

RVAscreenwriter
05-07-2014, 08:15 AM
Yikes, Pauli - eat something! ;) But, congrats on finishing school! That's a great weight off of your shoulders, I am sure.
Pinkhippie - Welcome! I'm sure that you'll be down to the 160s in no time at all! I am also weight training, and believe that I might be getting past the plateau between gaining muscle and losing fat which has been resulting in no movement on the scale. I'll check today while I'm at the gym, also since TOM ended yesterday. I love going back to weight training, and encourage you to stick with it!

I have seen some progress, which is my good news! Last month on 04/04 my measurements were: 38" bust / 32.5" waist / 40" hips. Today, my measurements are: 37" bust / 31.25" waist / 40" hips. YAY! I'm so excited. I really want to fit into a pair of size 10 pants again before I attempt swimwear. It's that time again, you know?

For Gap pants (which are the ones I usually buy for work), the measurements are: 29.5" waist / 40.5" hip / 23.5" thigh. Wish me luck!

Pinkhippie
05-07-2014, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the welcome and the encouragement RVAscreenwriter! Yes Pauli I hope you ate something. I had a day similar to that yesterday too and I felt awful most of the day and ended up snacking more than I wanted to in the evening. But at least I finally felt better.

yes I will definitely keep up with my weight training. I love how strong it makes me feel and I love to feel myself getting stronger. My clothes fit better and I can see the muscles in my arms and legs and I really like that too.

I weighed in today and I am at 171 on the dot. sigh... Its also TOM so Im hoping once that goes away things will go down.

I don't have much of a waist no matter what my weight is so my waist is still hovering at 33. Im hoping the weight training will help that go down as well. Good luck RVA!

Stars0245
05-07-2014, 02:23 PM
I would love to do a but of weight training at some point in time but right now I dont have any weights or access to any of that kind of equipment. Plus not sure i would be abke to find a good time for it where I would keep it up. Maybe this next fall or winter I will try to work it in.

Pauli-yay for being done with school! I can understnad how the end of school would mess with your routine and eating a bit. But you will be back on track in no time! Eating toomlitle always makes me feel sick and shaky, I really hate it!

Welcome pinkhippie! :)

I have not been measuring myself. I really wish I woukd have when I first started. Maybe I should do it now?

Stars0245
05-07-2014, 02:52 PM
Curious....what size jeans do you ladies wear? I know all brands run different and such but in general whats your size.

Stars0245
05-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Forgot to answer for myself lol
I started out in 18, now 16 is a bit loose but comfy if i have a belt and 14s are about perfect.

Paulitens
05-07-2014, 03:55 PM
RVAScreenwriter -- I did end up eating some. I still am in a little funk, but I'll go back to normal soon...

:carrot:

I started with pants size 14 (a little on the loose side, I fit on 14 but I didn't like the muffin top so I went up one size), and I think I'm on 12 now. I don't know exactly. With tops I was XL-XXL and now I'm a L. That feels great because I carry most of my weight on top.

Pinkhippie... 171!? That's SAH-WEET! I know you might be disappointed but it's a great number from my perspective. LOL. I can't wait to be in the 160s. I was 174.0 this morning and I was stoked. Hope to see 173.0 on the scale next Monday. :)

Stars -- Are you in school too? Who of all of you is in school now? Or am I the only dorky one? LOL.

My jeans size is 12 I think. I can't wait to get to the single digits. When I was skinny I was a 40 in Argentina, that probably translates into a 10 here so I don't think I'll ever go to the single digits unless I starve myself. It's weird because my top loses and gains weight fairly easy but my hips and legs always look kind of the same.

Stars0245
05-07-2014, 04:13 PM
No not in school but was once upon a time. ;)

RVAscreenwriter
05-07-2014, 04:44 PM
As for me, I was a snug size 14 in Old Navy jeans, back when I weighed 200. I actually weighed a bit over 200, but I think I fainted and knocked my head on the toilet when I saw the scale go past 200. That was around 2011.

When I met my husband back in 2009 I was between a size 6 and 8, but weighed 150. I was pretty much all muscle! I've got Clyesdale-ish legs, though.

Right now I'm a textbook size 12. Ultimately, I'm hoping to get down to an 8. I think that's a realistic size for my body type and lifestyle.

and nope, Pauli, not in school! Sorry <shrug>
I was a non-traditional age student, though. I didn't start college until I was 26 and finished in 2011.

Paulitens
05-07-2014, 05:24 PM
Stars - Oh, I wish I could say "once upon a time." My "once upon a time" in college is all I know... I'm one of those professional students. Bahaha! Seriously, I've been in college since I was 19, took a one-year hiatus when I was 24 and got married, then a two-year hiatus at 30-32 to work. And I'm back to the grind. I'm incorrigible. :dizzy:

RVAScreenwriter -- I was a snug 14 when I was 209 too, and I also freaked out. I did not want to cross the 100-kilogram (220 lbs) line. I was bigger than I had been pregnant. No way, José! I had to stop it right then an there... And so it started last January.

Pinkhippie
05-07-2014, 10:51 PM
RVAScreenwriter -- I did end up eating some. I still am in a little funk, but I'll go back to normal soon...

I started with pants size 14 (a little on the loose side, I fit on 14 but I didn't like the muffin top so I went up one size), and I think I'm on 12 now. I don't know exactly. With tops I was XL-XXL and now I'm a L. That feels great because I carry most of my weight on top.

Pinkhippie... 171!? That's SAH-WEET! I know you might be disappointed but it's a great number from my perspective. LOL. I can't wait to be in the 160s. I was 174.0 this morning and I was stoked. Hope to see 173.0 on the scale next Monday. :)

My jeans size is 12 I think. I can't wait to get to the single digits. When I was skinny I was a 40 in Argentina, that probably translates into a 10 here so I don't think I'll ever go to the single digits unless I starve myself. It's weird because my top loses and gains weight fairly easy but my hips and legs always look kind of the same.

Thanks! I try to remind myself that I was totally desperate to be in the 170's for MONTHS and I should really appreciate that I am already almost out of them. I also should appreciate that a lot of my old in between clothes now fit and the other ones are close. AND I can finally wear my wedding ring again. That happened at around 175 lbs. So many things to be grateful for at this weight. :)

My jean size was about a 16 when I was close to 200 lbs, a 14 when I was in the 180's and now the 14's are loose but the 12's are a bit more snug than I like to wear my jeans. Back when I weighed 150-155 before baby number 2 I wore a size 9/10 sometimes a 7/8 depending on the brand.

Pinkhippie
05-08-2014, 10:17 AM
TOM has left the building! I weighed in at 169.8 this morning. Im going to hang out in this thread for a few days though, because of the way the scale has been lately. :)

RVAscreenwriter
05-08-2014, 10:29 AM
Congratulations, Pink! That's great news :)

Paulitens
05-08-2014, 11:49 AM
Yes, it is all a matter of perspective, Pinkhippie! And of always looking back at where we used to be so that we can appreciate where we are now and love ourselves for it. I am FAR from being where I want to be (this morning was 173.4 woo hoo!), but I try not to lose my sense of wonder of the little things, the little changes in my body, like my wedding ring being so loose (I resized it to a size 7 1/2 a few years ago when I wasn't ready to start a healthy lifestyle), like the notches on my belt going smaller and smaller, and my old jeans being baggier and baggier, like being able to take a selfie with the camera right in front of me and not at an angle to hide my multiple chins as I used to (I know, this is shallow but whatever), actually having a neck, and having boobs that enter the room when I do and not two seconds before the rest of my body (lol)... I don't have a perfect body and I won't have a perfect body -- ever. But this "diet" is teaching me to love myself even with my imperfections because there is SO much for me to be thankful of!

Let's keep at it!

Pinkhippie
05-08-2014, 02:23 PM
Thanks RVAscreenwriter!

Yes Pauli I totally agree! I had a little party in my closet this morning checking out old clothes that are sooo close to fitting now and some shirts that finally do fit. I refused to resize my wedding ring and so I didn't wear it for over 2 years. I already have a larger ring size than most and I didn't want to get it even bigger. I wore a substitute ring in a bigger size for a long time. I totally get the selfie with the chins! My face is still more plump than I would like but it looks so much more defined now.

You know I have discovered that I have actually begun to crave fruits and vegetables and I feel wrong if I don't have them with a meal.( I have always loved fruit but getting veggies in has been a challenge) I don't force myself to eat them if I don't want them though. I also notice sugar is giving me a sugar headache and I have cut Way way down on that. And my portions are automatically just becoming smaller and I feel satisfied way sooner than I used to. I feel so much better not stuffing myself with food when Im not hungry. And exercise. I finally have been exercising regularly and it really makes me feel so much better. I kind of have a hard time believing it took me this long to start taking care of myself because I feel so much better but I guess I had too much going on with a new baby and all that entailed.

yay for 173 Pauli! That is awesome! Definitely let's keep at it!

Stars0245
05-08-2014, 11:08 PM
Awesome all around! Send me some of your great attitudes this way! TOM for me this week and feeling fat and tired. Weighing in tomorrow, hoping for 176 or less but thinking it wont happen.

Pinkhippie
05-09-2014, 10:45 AM
Good luck Stars! I weighed in today at 168! So, Im thinking that the TOM weight is finally gone. Don't get discouraged by feeling bloated and fat. It will go away if you just keep on doing what you have been doing.

I guess I will leave this thread since I don't usually jump 2 pounds up, but thank you everyone for the support. It really helped. Good luck on your journeys and see you in the 160's! :)

Paulitens
05-09-2014, 11:03 AM
We'll miss you and we'll see you soon, Pinkhippie! Congrats!

I was 174.0 today. No biggie, it was probably because I ate a protein bar late at night that I wasn't supposed to eat.

Stars0245
05-09-2014, 12:36 PM
175!! woo hoo!! That was with a sweatshirt and jeans. If I take the sweatshirt off it says 174!! But I am offically going with 175.
pinkhippie--see you in the 160's hopefully sooner than later!
Paulitens--174 is good! When do you "offfically" weigh in?
I think the weather the last couple of days has been playing a part in my tiredness...rainy cloudy and cool. ugh I am really ready for summer....then I can complain about the heat and bugs lol
My daughters birthday party is tomorrow...hope I can resist the cupcakes, or if I do have one maybe just a half??? the frosting is my weakness!!

Paulitens
05-10-2014, 01:08 PM
My official weight ins are on Monday, so I don't freak out too much if my numbers go up throughout the week, or get too excited if the numbers go down; more often than not those low numbers are not indicators of what my official weight is going to be on Monday.

Last night I went to the opera with my best friend, and when we got back to her place her husband had made ribs. They smelled SO delicious and I was SO hungry I ate way too many of them. But I don't think they'll hurt me too bad if they're the exception to the rule. I'm having "exceptions to the rule" far too often lately in comparison to how strict my diet used to be, but I'm still in control of the situation and I think that as long as I am in control instead of food, I'll keep losing.

Stars0245
05-11-2014, 11:12 AM
Exceptions are ok once in awhile but like you said you are the one in control and thats what matters! Allowing yourself a treat now and then is good I think. I dont have any foods that are off limits, I couldnt live like that. I just ) imit my portion sizes and try for healthy options most of the time but I for sure still eat not sonhealty things too, just not as often as I used to.

Happy mothers day to all you moms!

Paulitens
05-11-2014, 08:35 PM
Happy mother's day, ladies! The scale graced me with a 173.4 this morning, we'll see where I am tomorrow morning on my official weight in day. It would be nice to be 173.0 since I always lose 1+ per week, but we'll see.

I got a Fitbit for mother's day! I'm still trying to figure it out. Those things are so unsightly when you're trying to pull off a cute outfit with jewelry and whatnot. At least I got the black one and not some other weird color. :P Anyway... I love it! Best Mother's day present ever!

Stars0245
05-12-2014, 11:26 AM
What a great mothers day gift Pauli! You are a lucky mom. :)

I had a great mothers day, but did eat way too much. Not going to let that stop me from getting back on track today!

Paulitens
05-12-2014, 12:19 PM
I asked my hubby for it. He said "I would have never thought of giving you a Fitbit for Mother's Day. It would be like saying 'Happy mother's day, now go lose some weight!'" Hahaha! It's true, he knows me well.

I still have no idea how it works. :dizzy: I'm working on it.

This morning's weight in was a bit of a flop but I'm not discouraged because I know I had it coming the way that I ate last week. But at least I lost 8 ounces, which is better than nothing. :) And I reached the 35 lb weight loss milestone! Woot!

RVAscreenwriter
05-12-2014, 12:22 PM
That sounds great, Pauli! I've always wanted one of those... They do require some special style attention, though. ;)

Stars - I agree that one bad day here and there isn't gonna bring you down. So, same goes for you with Mother's Day!

I have some good news: I finally dropped some pounds! Woosh! They just flew away! I weighed in at 171.5 for the past two days, gym clothes on, no tricks. I couldn't be more excited! :broc: :carrot:

Paulitens
05-12-2014, 01:49 PM
LOL. I'll bedazzle my Fitbit just so I can wear it with the rest of my bling. Hahahaha!

Congratulations on your woosh, RVAScreenwriter!

On a completely unrelated note, don't you hate it when you do a certain new exercise that leaves you breathless and then when you enter your work out in your LoseIt!/Fitbit/MFP, find out that you burned very few calories? I was just watching some TV (my prize to self for finishing my second semester of my PhD with straight As) and I thought "heck, I'll do some jumping jacks so I don't sit on my butt all day" and when I entered the activity on LoseIt it was only 50 calories. Well, there's one exercise I won't do again. What a wash. Poop.

AliMarie91011
05-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Hi, everyone. May I please join the 170's club??? I'm excited to be in the 170's and anxious to see what 160 is like. ;)

Paulitens
05-12-2014, 02:40 PM
Hi, AliMarie! Welcome to the 170s thread! We're all anxious to see the 160s. Hehe!

RVAscreenwriter
05-12-2014, 07:04 PM
Ugh, Pauli! That's totally annoying. I hate doing jumping jacks. Burpees. UGH. Super ugh. I guess that you at least have an excuse not to do them on their own like that!

Welcome, AliMarie! I am looking forward to the 160s, myself! Congratulations on making it down to join us :)

On a separate note, I'm totally unmotivated regarding Krav Maga class today. I've been working out pretty hard, recently. I've been eating well... I just want to go home and work on my sewing project and to have some yummy dinner with my fella. How about you all? What is your plan for when you skip out on a workout? Do you?

I'm thinking of creating a little penalty system for myself, like where if I skip a scheduled workout that I'll have to do a double workout day sometime in the same week. Like, instead of just doing a morning gym session on Friday, do that plus 30m of treadmill later that day. Thoughts???

Stars0245
05-12-2014, 10:52 PM
Welcome AliMarie!
RVA-you are so close to the 160s yay!
Paulie-just the word bedazzle makes me lol

I dont have scheduled workouts or anything like that but I kind of like the idea of some sort of make up workout.

Paulitens
05-13-2014, 12:45 PM
RVAScreenwriter - I don't have any scheduled work out. When do you have any scheduled work out time with kids!? LOL. Just kidding, I don't because I'm lazy. But if I've spent too long at the computer with work/school I try to get on the treadmill 3-4 times a week, and if I don't I make up for it sometime during the week.

Stars - Bahaha! I know! It's so 90s.

http://community.boredofstudies.org/attachments/2/school-secondary-education/29552d1388308883-why-have-you-had-detention-pouwya.jpg

Stars0245
05-13-2014, 03:02 PM
Cooking supper in the crockpot and it smells soooo good! Feeling hungry :(

Paulitens
05-13-2014, 04:40 PM
What are you cooking? I don't know how to cook healthy stuff in the crockpot! It's all stews with lots of potatoes and "heavy" stuff. Or pasta.

Stars0245
05-13-2014, 10:17 PM
Bbq chicken so yummy! Not sure about it being healthy though. We had the chicken, mashed potatoes, and steamed broccoli.

Paulitens
05-14-2014, 12:39 PM
Steamed broccoli and bbq chicken? Yummo!

I was 172.2 this morning. I'm loving my fitbit because it helps me work out a bit more, or at least keep moving. Last night instead of sitting to watch The Goldbergs with my hubby (yes, we LOVE that show), I paced back and forth. It paid off even if it wasn't much.

Stars0245
05-16-2014, 11:37 AM
Supposed to be my weigh in day but we are not going into town like we normally do. And I dont have a scale here at home. I am anxious to see if I lost any this week! Maybe I will get into town tomorow or Sun.
how is everyone else doi ng??

RVAscreenwriter
05-16-2014, 12:14 PM
I'm doing pretty great! I haven't weighed in a while, but I've been focusing less on pounds and more on inches and how "solid" I am, as of late. I feel really good. I've been eating very cleanly (I'm taking an 80-20 approach: 80 per cent of the time I'm perfect with calories and greens/complex carbs/lean protein; 20 per cent of the time I'll have like, a burger with a side salad or some such).

I can really feel how my eating has improved my energy!

Also, I went to the gym 5x this week, which is a far cry from my previous sluggish can't-be-bothered attitude.

///
Done tooting my own horn. How are you ladies?

Paulitens
05-16-2014, 03:27 PM
Doing well, RVAscreenwriter!

I won't go to an 80-20 approach, or a "free day" until I hit maintenance. Who knows when that will be. In the mean time, I'm staying strong.

I weighted in 171.6 this morning but I don't think that will stick till Monday. It was probably a fluke. A happy fluke. ;)

Stars0245
05-16-2014, 11:47 PM
RVA- thats great that your eating well and your energy has improved! I too notice more energy when I have eaten healthy. Great job on getting to the gym!

I did end up going into town today to my parents and weighed in at 172 :) feeling good about it! Also have inspired my mom to make healthiernfood chioces and get moving more often. She has lost about 4lbs in the last couple weeks! Proud of her too :)

Stars0245
05-16-2014, 11:49 PM
Pauli-hoping your "fluke" lasts and becomes your real number on Monday!!

Paulitens
05-17-2014, 12:20 PM
Stars -- that's awesome! I know that my husband getting his gastric sleeve inspired me to eat healthy and lose weight as well. I love it when he hugs me and squeezes me and calls me his "skinny wife." It's not so much that I've lost almost 40 lbs as it is that he has lost 100+.

This morning the scale surprised me with 171.8. We shall see if the scale is ever in my favor on Monday. LOL

RVAscreenwriter
05-18-2014, 12:32 PM
Way to go, Stars! I'm so excited for you! 172!

///

Okay, y'all - I am nervous. I just switched to a new gym (do you remember when I weighed in at a different scale and my weight jumped up!? it was that scale at my new gym). Eeeee... I'm going to weigh in tomorrow morning on the new scale and am afraid of what it might tell me. Fingers crossed!

Paulitens
05-19-2014, 09:21 AM
Fingers crossed, RVAscreenwriter!

I weighted in this morning at 171.6 -- I'm VERY excited! I don't know how accurate it was because half the times I weighted in this morning I was 171.6, and half I was 172.6 so... who knows.

sweetjen
05-19-2014, 02:23 PM
I thought I had it rough. I recently lost 80 pounds after surgery but still weigh just over 400 pounds. its rough being overweight. but with strength and hope u either lose the weight or try to accept it. don't think u ever truly can accept it though. but u try. and im sure u look incredible no matter what u weigh.:hug:

RVAscreenwriter
05-19-2014, 02:47 PM
Ooh, Pauli! That's great news! It sounds like the low 170s is really sticking! I hope that you get yourself down to the 160s soon so you can kiss this thread goodbye! :)

Paulitens
05-19-2014, 05:03 PM
That should be next week, if I'm lucky. That's a big "if" because today's 171.6 was not the norm. I usually lose 1-1.2 lbs per week and this was a bit more than that.

Stars0245
05-19-2014, 10:02 PM
Pauli-171 is great!!

Rva-how did the weigh at your new gym go?
I had a wellness profile done on Sunday and their scale weighed me in at 171.2 :)

RVAscreenwriter
05-20-2014, 08:43 AM
Pauli - Personally, I'm just going to be optimistic that you had a "whoosh" week!

Stars - :broc: Woo-hoo on getting down to 171.2! It must feel even better that someone else was there weighing you and stuff, right? Legit :)

As for my weigh-in, I'll check this AM, since I didn't hit the gym yesterday. Yesterday I just hit and punched a lot at Krav Maga. I'll update y'all!

Paulitens
05-20-2014, 08:58 AM
I think I might have, RVAscreenwriter. :) I was 171.4 this morning, if I hadn't had a whoosh, I would have bounced back to 172 this morning or something. I don't know. I'm not asking too many questions to mother nature because my weight loss has been SO steady since I started, I'd be ungrateful to complain. I haven't even had any plateaus or anything.

RVAscreenwriter
05-20-2014, 12:28 PM
UGH! I am so happy for you, but so annoyed for me!
The new gym's scale is either being extra hard on me, or else the scale at my old gym was trying to coddle me. 182.5 lbs.!!!

I hope y'all don't mind, but I'm hanging around the 170s thread. I have faith that I can get down to the 170s in the next week or two.

Paulitens
05-20-2014, 02:07 PM
You don't have a scale at home? It's always better to stick with one scale. I hate going to the doctor and finding out that I'm like 7lbs heavier than I'm at home. :(

Focus on how clothes fit as opposed to the numbers on the scale, if that works for you. :)

RVAscreenwriter
05-20-2014, 06:44 PM
Nope. No scale at home. If I had one, I'd be a depressed neurotic. ;)
That's just me with the scale number, though. I do look better and feel better. It's a long road for a 30+ something with a thyroid problem!

Paulitens
05-20-2014, 09:49 PM
Oh, bummer. I know what you mean, RVAscreenwriter. I have come a long way from checking my weight several times a day; when I first started I was so paranoid about what I ate and how it affected my weight! Now I'm ok with once a day but I focus on the weekly weight in because it fluctuates a lot from day to day and I don't that to bring me down.

Stars0245
05-20-2014, 11:07 PM
No scale at home for me either. I feel like I would also be constantly weighing myself. Trying to focus on how clothes fit is great advice!

Paulitens
05-21-2014, 12:07 PM
Hello ladies! I was 172.0 this morning. Not too good but then... I don't really pay much attention to the daily weight ins. Especially if they're high. Hehehe!

Stars - I wish I could do the clothes thing. I still surprise myself putting on something I haven't worn in a while and find out it's very loose, but I just need that weekly numerical reminder that I'm on the right track. I hate numbers, I hate math, I suck at anything number-related. But the scale... it's my best friend! LOL

Stars0245
05-21-2014, 04:48 PM
Lol Pauli--I am with ya hating math stuff!!

Was in town at my parents for a bit this morning so of course I weighed myself. Still holding out at 172, but that was with heavy jeans and my shoes on. Without the jeans and shoes it said 169! Trying not to be too excited about that yet. I might have a chance to weigh myself again sometime this weekend so we shall see what that brings.

Paulitens
05-21-2014, 06:45 PM
That's awesome, Stars! I can't wait to be in the 160s! We'll see how/when/if that happens.

Stars0245
05-22-2014, 11:00 AM
Hoping to offically be in the 160's some time in the next 2 weeks. We shall see what happens...

Paulitens
05-22-2014, 11:58 AM
Me too! I was 172 again this morning but I'm not stressing too much about it. I needed go to #2 for a while (sorry, TMI hahaha!) and that was holding me back. I know I'll get back on track and be there in two weeks or so.

Paulitens
05-24-2014, 10:53 AM
171.6 this morning. Maybe I'll be down a few ounces by Monday and have made some actual progress, maybe I won't. Not stressing too much about it. :-)

Stars0245
05-26-2014, 12:16 AM
171 for my "offical" weigh in this week. Happy with it!
Bought a pair of sz 12 capris today!! Yay! I havent fit into a sz 12 in probably at least 8yrs!

Paulitens
05-26-2014, 12:51 PM
173 this morning. It absolutely does not sound right because I was 171."something" yesterday morning. :(

The deal is that I'm 7 weeks pregnant (that's why I've been like "it's not a big deal if I don't lose next week"), and yes, I'm perfectly fine with maintaining that number while the baby's so tiny in the first weeks. But I'm SO not okay with starting to gain this early on. I found out three weeks ago that I'm pregnant and I've been a wreck with my eating, especially this last week, because I have no idea how to have a healthy pregnancy. For my first pregnancy I ate for two (I was dumb enough to think it would all magically disappear after childbirth) and was left with 20 extra lbs after she was born. Fortunately with my recent weight loss I am under that weight. And with the second baby I was so overweight (191.4) that I simply could not gain any more weight. And I didn't gain much; after I had my second I was left with 7 extra lbs. Not too shabby. But with neither one of them I put any effort into eating healthy or "just enough," and here I am: trying to control my crazy-carb-cravings that I get every pregnancy while still being able to indulge in them so I'm not miserable 24/7, and at the same trying to not pack on "non-baby lbs."

You get my conundrum. So today I'm pretty depressed and unhappy; the hormones don't help. The number on the scale doesn't help. The fact that I cannot give in and eat all the carbs that I would like doesn't help... I mean, believe me when I say that I become the Cookie Monster when I'm pregnant! I want cookies, and pizza, and bread, and sandwiches, and subs, and pasta on top of pasta, on top of pasta. Granted, that's how I ate pre-lifestyle change, but it got crazier when I was pregnant. And now I am working REALLY HARD to get VERY LITTLE of that, which makes me an unhappy pregnant lady. :(

Stars0245
05-26-2014, 09:34 PM
Congrats on your pregnancy!!!

I too was a carb eater, esp. when I was pregnant. I ate pretty much whatever I wanted and how much I wanted. Im sorry i dont have any advice to offer you about it all except that just maybe eat some of what you want but just smaller portions?? Also keep as active as you can. All in all just know that once the baby is born you can and will getnthe weight off again. Congrats again!!

Paulitens
05-27-2014, 09:07 AM
Thank you, stars!

So yesterday after feeling sorry for myself while I posted here I decided to get it together and do what I do best: fix the problem.

http://l0lz.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Pull-Yourself-Together.gif

And I went online and researched calorie consumption during pregnancy. I had researched before but apparently I did it in such haste that I mixed things up and was doing everything wrong. I'm not supposed to up my calorie intake yet; that's supposed to happen in the second trimester. So whatever craving and madness goes on in my head and my tummy, I'll have to control it and keep it within my current calorie budget (1200-ish). And I did yesterday, and I summoned the balance to get on the treadmill and I walked briskly for a mile and jogged for a another mile. It felt good and I didn't get lightheaded (which was my main concern about getting on the treadmill). And this morning I'm starting new. I'm back to the saddle and I'll work around this pregnancy shenanigans.

Today I was 172.4 (only 1 lb more than last week, 1 lb less than yesterday). I'm back on track. I don't give up easily, and gosh, I HATE feeling sorry for myself and doing nothing about it.

Have an awesome Tuesday, ladies!

noshoes
05-27-2014, 08:46 PM
Just under 180, very happy as its very close to my goal weight - happy to extend my goal weight to get to 170 pounds eventually.

Stars0245
05-28-2014, 04:09 PM
Noshoes-welcome! Way to go on being almost to goal! That must be a great feeling!

noshoes
05-28-2014, 08:32 PM
Yes it is, thank you Stars0245.
Happy to lose more if it happens but I have done it easily so far so I will continue.

Paulitens
05-29-2014, 02:10 PM
Hello ladies!

Still working on going back to 171.6. Man, I can't believe that only one week of wacky eating could do so much damage. Anyhow... I'm pumped! I've been eating healthy stuff and kept it mostly within my budget (except for yesterday that I made myself a delicious fruit smoothie). So far I'm 172.0 so hopefully next Monday I'll be back on track. :)

RVAscreenwriter
05-30-2014, 01:56 PM
Many congratulations on your pregnancy, Pauli! That must be so exciting!
Sorry that I've been AWOL for the past week. Things have gotten... complicated in my life.

On the upside, I am officially back in the 170s! Weighed in twice at 178... Today it was 177.8! Finally. That mean gym scale is giving me a break. :)

Paulitens
05-31-2014, 10:49 PM
Oh, thank you, RVAscreenwriter!

I was back to 171.6 this morning. Crossing my fingers it will stick around until Monday (or even improve by then).

Paulitens
06-01-2014, 05:45 PM
170.8 this morning. So excited!

I'm gonna hold my breath till tomorrow mortning.

Stars0245
06-01-2014, 10:29 PM
Rva- thats great you are back in the 170s!!

Pauli- 170 is awesome!!

I didnt get into town to weigh in this week :( so I am really curious to know where I am on the scale but not sure when I will get a chance to weigh in.

Paulitens
06-02-2014, 12:30 PM
It was awesome yesterday. LOL. Today I was 171.0 not much difference, but considering that last Monday I was 173, it's pretty great.

Paulitens
06-03-2014, 12:53 PM
171.2 this morning. I need to use the darn potty! Geez! All this fruit and grains I'm eating and I'm still having problems in that department.

Stars0245
06-03-2014, 10:24 PM
Weighed in this evening......167!!! Yea! Goodbye 170s Forever! I will never weigh in the 170s again!! So happy :)

RVAscreenwriter
06-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Weighed in this evening......167!!! Yea! Goodbye 170s Forever! I will never weigh in the 170s again!! So happy :)

:broc: :carrot: :broc: Congratulations!!! :broc: :carrot: :broc:

Paulitens
06-04-2014, 11:54 AM
Congratulations, Stars!! That's AWESOME!!!

:broc: :broc:

I was 169.8 this morning! I hope it sticks around four more days till my official weight in day, on Monday. Considering that I have been going a bit over budget all these days, I'm surprised I'm still losing. And I'm not losing my hope that I'll continue losing through the first trimester. I have two other trimesters to pack on the pounds if the baby so desires. ;)

Stars0245
06-04-2014, 03:07 PM
Thanks ladies!!

Pauli-hoping your 169 stays for your weigh in day! :)

Paulitens
06-05-2014, 08:56 AM
Thanks stars! It was on the upper end of 169 so I knew it was just a little sneak peak. I was 170 on the dot this morning and I'm fine if that's my official weight on Monday because it would still be one pound less than last Monday. But if I enter the 160s it will be even better! :)

I know that except for the crazy slip up two weeks ago that I caved with all sorts of weird pregnancy cravings and gained 2 lbs (one of which was just water because of that stupid beef jerky), I have been consistently losing 1 - 1.2 lbs a week so when I hit the 160s I'll stay in the 160s. Until baby tells me otherwise. Hehe!

Paulitens
06-06-2014, 08:32 AM
171.2 this morning. Man, do I need to use the loo, or what? LOL

AliMarie91011
06-12-2014, 03:55 PM
I'm stuck at 170.4. I'm so close!

amyleigh
06-17-2014, 11:46 AM
New here. I'm 179 (teetering between 181 and 179.5 but I'm going to stay here in hopes it will motivate me to be in the solid 170's). This is my first time in the 170's on the way DOWN the scale in about 5 years, so hopefully it will be my last (unless I get preggers eventually...then I plan on going way up lol)

noshoes
06-24-2014, 12:54 AM
178 pounds today! A loss of 51 pounds, I am stoked to be here. I will stay long, its normal weight range for me. ;-)

MauiKai
07-03-2014, 09:25 AM
I was 170.0 this morning. Still no 16- on the scale. Sigh

Getting closer!