Ideal Protein Diet - Stay at home Moms and Dads.....

View Full Version : Stay at home Moms and Dads.....

sarahBell
02-26-2014, 03:51 PM
For those of us on IP who are stay at home parents (full or part time!) how do you keep yourself in check. I know that with small kids it is so hard to NOT take a bite or nibble of theirr lunch/breakfast/snack ect. discipline is key but it is hard. I have to chew gum, I forget sometimes and find myself grazing like a cow in a field of clover!

What about everyone else?

trinny
02-26-2014, 04:08 PM
I work 4 days a week, so I know this thread isn't really for me, but I can't agree with you enough. On work days it is so much easier to keep things under control. When I'm home, I eat out of boredom or because I'm getting something for the kids and I mindlessly nibble some myself.

At work, on the other hand, I can make my plan for the day and stick to it like glue. Knowing I have a plan and structure helps me to even avoid the cookies/doughnuts/pizza/whatever that people leave in the kitchen. Even now I can smell someone making popcorn in the kitchen, and I'm not even remotely tempted. But at home, I know I'd have a handful as I delivered the bowl to the kids.

sarahBell
02-26-2014, 04:39 PM
I work 4 days a week, so I know this thread isn't really for me, but I can't agree with you enough. On work days it is so much easier to keep things under control. When I'm home, I eat out of boredom or because I'm getting something for the kids and I mindlessly nibble some myself.

At work, on the other hand, I can make my plan for the day and stick to it like glue. Knowing I have a plan and structure helps me to even avoid the cookies/doughnuts/pizza/whatever that people leave in the kitchen. Even now I can smell someone making popcorn in the kitchen, and I'm not even remotely tempted. But at home, I know I'd have a handful as I delivered the bowl to the kids.

You do belong here!! Anyone who stays home for half a day or full time is a SAHP. I do the same you do, It is so hard some days. I would love to see how others cope with nibbles, tastes, bits and bites LOL.

brandam6
02-27-2014, 10:37 PM
This is my second go around with IP. The first time I worked fulltime this time I stay home. I do a lot more cooking at home now and when I making something for the family that I can not eat, it is very hard not to taste it. Especially things that need to be seasoned to taste. My kids are teen/pre-teen so often I will recruit one of them to help me cook, and have them taste it. I also will eat a pickle, or some pepper stips while cooking if I am hungry to keep away the temptation of having "just a bite/".

I have had some problems lately with "lulls" in my mid afternoon where I want to eat out of boredom. This week I am trying to change my schedule so I am exercising at this time. It has helped some. Any other ideas to combat the boredom eating? I also have this problem sometimes in the evening.

sweetenuf
02-27-2014, 11:53 PM
I am a stay at home mom with 2 sons 12 & 13. My sons have seen me go threw so many struggles the past 5 years with my weight. I decided this time I would get rid of everything that tempted me in the house so I could be 100% OP. I did just that and my boys are being very supportive. We have a protein and veggie for dinner all they ask is please don't feed them my veggies lol....junk for nights is dad taking them out.
In the past I tried the making them food and me not eat it...it never worked I always caved. :( Good Luck