View Poll Results: What Is Your Most Important Weight-Loss Goal?
Dropping A Clothing Size 1 14.29%
Dropping Actual Pounds 1 14.29%
Building All-Over Muscle Tone 0 0%
Improving A Particular Body Part 0 0%
Looking And Feeling Better 5 71.43%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 11:22 AM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozie's.......(#28)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 07-14-2003, 11:36 AM   #2  

Don't Forget To Go Back To #27 And Read The Last Few Posts!!
Old 07-14-2003, 12:03 PM   #3  

Ramona,
If you're reading this, please know that we care.If we want to talk, we're here for you.We love you!!!

Floozie's,
Today is my first day on WW!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!! I'll be back later to post my foods on the challenge thread.

Gotta get busy....Will post more this afternoon.Have a great OP day!!!

HUGS..........
Old 07-14-2003, 12:18 PM   #4  
THINKING THIN!!!!

I am such a copy-cat!! LOL

I am starting fresh this morning with a new plan. Sherry has taked me into trying WW with her. My brain needs to be re-programed though. I'm excited!! Going to post my points on the challenge thread daily too.

Don't faint ... {lol} but I'm also planning on walking today and drinking lots of water.
Wish me luck!!

deb
Old 07-14-2003, 03:45 PM   #5  
Losing it!

Good luck Sher & Deb with WW's!!! I have some of the info, if you want it, just holler!!!!

Shelley: You amaze me! 9.5 miles yesterday! Your legs must be so firm!
Old 07-14-2003, 03:59 PM   #6  

Gayle,
I would LOVE to have some info if you're sure you won't be needing it. I can't print any of this because my printer is broke and I can't afford to join WW. Whatever you could send me, I would love! Thanks!!

Dee,
Thanks for the info over at the challenge thread!! I appricate it! Now another question: On Dottie's site, I can't find MILK or vegetables! HELP!!
Old 07-14-2003, 04:52 PM   #7  

Sherry-I found veggies under produce points. Also, there is a section for starchy vegetables on the same page. I haven't found milk yet. If you tell me what kind you use, I can give you the count. I use nonfat, and it is 80 calories per cup, so it comes up to 2 points per cup. Most of it is 2 points per cup, unless you use full fat milk, then it is 4, because of all the fat.

I would offer to send you my stuff, but I am always looking at it. If you know someone at the school you work at that goes to meetings, you can get them to buy you a points book. That's what I did. I think it was $10.00. There are also loads of websites out there with points. Dottie has a bunch of links to different sites and she also has links to ww calculators. Just look under her links, if you haven't already. I still think you should go to www.weightwatchers.com and sign up. It's free, and you can ask questions on the boards about food points. There's a thread called food talk there.

Last edited by ShelleyM; 07-14-2003 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:25 PM   #8  

Shelley, have they changed the WW points formula (other than the part about not counting all the fiber)? If not, I have it as I usually counted my own since there were a difference between brands. I always counted all the fiber even after WW didn't.

Sherry and Debbie, I'll try to remember to bring what I have for WW when I come down. And be thinking of where you want to meet/eat. I'm not sure where I'll be staying, probably Brentwood or out by the airport. I should know more next week.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:06 PM   #9  

Titan-No, I think it's the same, except for the fiber. I don't know the formula, though. I just use the pointsfinder that someone gave me. I do know that 1 point is worth 50 calories, then there is some kind of formula for the fat, then minus the fiber.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:34 PM   #10  
Losing it!

WW formula for figuring points:

calories + fat grams x 10 - fat grams x 10

Divide answer by 50 for point value

Example: 110 calories, 3 fat, 2 fiber

110 +30 -20 = 120

120 divided by 50 = 2.5

Can only use up to 4 grams (40) on fiber

I hope this makes sense!!!
Old 07-14-2003, 08:36 PM   #11  
Losing it!

Sher & Deb: I have several pages of personal notes (stuff I figured the point value to) plus stuff I copied off the WW site. Give me a few days and I will toss it in the mail to you.
Old 07-14-2003, 09:45 PM   #12  
Carol

I am still OP for the most part and am down to 167.5 lbs. I thought I would never see under 170's. I feel myself waivering a bit though and I am worried. I want to keep the momentum going. I have got to.

Yesterday I went through all my clothes and actually got rid of all the larger sizes. There is no going back. I need to keep losing because I never want to be that heavy again.

Give me strength.

Way to Go to all of you making a fresh start.

I hear only good things about WW and I know you are doing to make it work for you too!!!

Ramona: We are here for you. I am sending you good vibes . We love you.

Carol

Last edited by Carol101; 07-14-2003 at 09:47 PM.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:03 PM   #13  
THINKING THIN!!!!

Carol.... Don't you dare waiver one little bit. You have done wonderful. And throwing out those fat clothes, I'm so proud of you. Have you started any excerise program yet?

Thanks to everyone for all the information on WW. It's like learning a new language for me. I have drove Sherry crazy today. Even talked to her twice from the grocery store...LOL. She made me some menus to go by, she knows me so well.
I'm sure after a while I will know it as good as I've ever known Adkins.

Ramona......Sending hugs your way. We love ya!

To everyone who has ever thought it was too late to start fresh AGAIN. It's not!! I have been on the computer so much today checking out WW. I am so excited !!! The Dottie site is wonderful!! She lost almost 90 pounds in 8 months. I want to eat what she ate!!! LOL

Love to all my floozie friends...deb
Old 07-15-2003, 07:13 AM   #14  
Carol

Good Morning Ladies:

Thanks for the pep talk Debbie. I haven't fell off the wagon yet and really don't intend to, but some days seem a little tougher than others. A pep talk every now and then helps to keep me on track. Thanks dear friend.

I think you are going to love WW once you get used to it. I had a hard time at first after being on Atkins because you are allowed to eat those carbs that you couldn't eat before. You have to change your whole mindset. But you can do it. You go girl. I am rooting for you and Sherry. You are going to do it. It is great that you two are so close to each other to give each other encouragement!!! So to both of you. Keep up the good work!!!

Hugs
Carol
Old 07-15-2003, 07:16 AM   #15  
Carol

DREAMS AND REALITY:

Sometimes it seems that what is practical and sensible does not connect with your most treasured dreams. Yet when you look deeply enough, the connection is most certainly there.

For if you could not dream, what would be the point of tending to the practical things? And if you did not tend to those practical concerns, how could you ever hope to attain your dreams?

Stop fretting about how the things you must do are interfering with the things you want to do. Instead, discover and appreciate and strengthen the connection between the two.

Make your dreams a part of your reality. And make your reality a part of your dreams. There is no reason why your dreams must oppose your reality. Improve your dreams and your reality by bringing them together.

Put the power of passion into the day-to-day, sensible and practical things, and put the power of reality into your dreams. You'll find it to be a winning combination indeed.

Carol
Closed Thread