Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat

lisa32989
02-24-2014, 06:38 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

shrinkingsusie
02-24-2014, 08:38 AM
Good morning!

Ruth Ann
02-24-2014, 08:42 AM
I read this today and it really struck a chord with me:

"Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

If someone had told me 11 months ago that I could weigh 100 pounds less I would have laughed at them. 10 months ago I quit saying "it's not the right time" or "it will take too long" and just started. You know what, 10 months have passed that would have passed anyway and the big difference is ME! What I've accomplished by just starting is still mind-blowing for me.

There's never a "good" time to start but there is always right now, which IS a good time to start your journey to being healthy.

lighthouse101
02-24-2014, 09:14 AM

"Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

If someone had told me 11 months ago that I could weigh 100 pounds less I would have laughed at them. 10 months ago I quit saying "it's not the right time" or "it will take too long" and just started. You know what, 10 months have passed that would have passed anyway and the big difference is ME! What I've accomplished by just starting is still mind-blowing for me.

There's never a "good" time to start but there is always right now, which IS a good time to start your journey to being healthy.

Thanks for this Ruth Ann, it's so true. It was about 11 months ago that my doctor told me at my annual exam that I really needed to do something about my weight and referred me to a dietician, who then referred me to IP after 6 frustrating months of very little progress. I remember thinking at that point that it would be so hard to get the weight off and maybe I shouldn't even bother. I'm so glad I did bother! I've come this far, now I know I can make it the rest of the way.

shrinkingsusie
02-24-2014, 09:43 AM
I love that quote, Ruth Ann!

Two NSVs for me, which are great since the SVs have been small lately...

1) I bought a pair of jeans yesterday that I am proudly wearing today that are one size smaller than what I wore in highschool!!

2) finally took my rings in to be sized, which I have wanted to do for three months now, but now that it had gotten to the point they were so loose they clinked together when I moved my hands, I thought it was time. I figured I would go down a quarter size, but I had to go down a half size! From a 5 to a 4.5! That is so small lol

Hope everyone has a great day! Of course they are calling for snow all week because my husband is away on course and I still don't know how to work the snowblower...

Hiker88
02-24-2014, 09:53 AM
Good Morning! I'm working out of town today so have packed all my IP goodies and will treat myself to a salad with a chicken breast for lunch... WI is tomorrow so my goal is to drink 3 litres of water. Hope you all have a great day!

Ruth Ann
02-24-2014, 11:31 AM
lighthouse: Isn't realizing it is worth the effort amazing? I had so many "why even bother?" discussions with myself in the past. You're doing so great, so glad you started!

shrinkingsusie: Hooray for smaller jeans and rings! That is super!

Hiker: Yeah for planning ahead! With that much water, do you know where all the restrooms at your destination are? :D

ems70508
02-24-2014, 11:44 AM
Susie what great NSVs! This weekend was sooo hectic with belated birthday celebrations and mardi gras events. I was surprised when I hopped on the scale this AM. I thought I would have maintained because I ate out so much this weekend. Surprisingly had lost! What a great motivator. I didn't check up on here all weekend...i missed it!!

eandc2006
02-24-2014, 11:50 AM

You are SOOOOOOO right about this. Time is such a social construct and will pass whether we are treating ourselves right or not. What a refreshing perspective to let go of the time it takes and focus on what really matters which is taking care of ourselves and making a commitment to a healthier self. Time, just as it is now, will continue to be there. However, we will be going forward in a better position than we were in the past.

sarahBell
02-24-2014, 11:57 AM
I am fighting my cravings for chocolate and sweets like a mad woman and it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard ARGH!

I just brushed my teeth again. I need to power though these feelings to get back on track- last week was so bad for me. I need lots of :dust:

kontesanera
02-24-2014, 12:34 PM
I am fighting my cravings for chocolate and sweets like a mad woman and it is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO hard ARGH!

I just brushed my teeth again. I need to power though these feelings to get back on track- last week was so bad for me. I need lots of :dust:

I am sending you some will power dust. I find that having an IP chocolate bar for breakfast helps me with cravings for chocolate and keeps me full for some time.

In the evenings, which was my worst time of the day as I would mindlessly snack, I chew gum when I get an urge to snack. I do about 1-2 pieces of gum a day to help keep me away from food.

sunflwr816
02-24-2014, 01:05 PM
I need to stop stepping on the scale everyday! UGH! The little increases are throwing me for a loop.

On the bright side, I have an interview Wednesday for a position I really want at the pediatric hospital I want to work at. Crossing fingers this works out!

Myshylo
02-24-2014, 01:16 PM
Good Morning! I've been lurking for quite awhile, and thought I'd drop a line to say 'Hi"! I'm only on day 3, but sure finding this website helpful and motivating! So far I'm doing well (I think). Have stayed OP 100% so far and even fighting cravings quite well with the help of DH. Work has some temptations, but I keep one hand on my water bottle at all times so I can't reach for the cookie tray :)

Looking forward to success and making some new friends with you peeps ;)

catlady1981
02-24-2014, 01:26 PM

I love this! I have had a lot of those conversations with myself! I go for my initial signup tomorrow and I am excited and a little scared. But seeing the great progress so many of you have made gives me the push that I needed to just go ahead and do this. Happy Monday everybody. :smug:

smallerin2014
02-24-2014, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the quote Ruth Ann. I had almost given up on losing weight because I was thinking about how long it would take to get to my goal weight. Now I'm so glad that I started. Went to WI week 2 today and I am down 9 pounds :smug: I even went away this past weekend but packed all the food I needed and stuck to the IP protocol. The information I learn from posters on this site is so helpful in keeping me motivated. Ready for week 3!

Bellamack
02-24-2014, 03:29 PM

Amen!

You are rockin' the program Ruth Ann & you inspire others :)

jendilly
02-24-2014, 03:35 PM
I have such an upset stomach right now. I drank too much coffee this morning. UGH!!! I usually have maybe 1 cup and then have either a Crispy Cereal pancake or a Banana Pudding waffle. Well, I'm out of the WF syrup, so didn't make either of those. For my coffee, my coach has said that I can have a small amount of a RTD and as long as I didn't have the whole package. It's worked well the last few days. Today, I just kept drinking coffee for some reason and then decided instead of another package for breakfast, I would use the whole RTD as my breakfast. So, I think I had 3 cups of coffee and now my stomach is screaming at me. Feel like I need to eat some bread or something to soak it up, but obviously not going to do it. I'm about to go out to lunch with a girl I mentor and I just feel so yucky. Won't make that mistake again. Ready to give up coffee again.

desertflwr
02-24-2014, 04:37 PM
I need to stop stepping on the scale everyday! UGH! The little increases are throwing me for a loop.

On the bright side, I have an interview Wednesday for a position I really want at the pediatric hospital I want to work at. Crossing fingers this works out!

Sending you good luck vibes!

Sandy60
02-24-2014, 04:47 PM
Start-Up is today and so far so good. I have a ways to go till I reach my goal, but I must to be positive, confident more importantly focused in order to make this work! Wish me luck and good thoughts & prayers. :carrot:

64peppergirl
02-24-2014, 05:05 PM
Good Morning! I've been lurking for quite awhile, and thought I'd drop a line to say 'Hi"! I'm only on day 3, but sure finding this website helpful and motivating! So far I'm doing well (I think). Have stayed OP 100% so far and even fighting cravings quite well with the help of DH. Work has some temptations, but I keep one hand on my water bottle at all times so I can't reach for the cookie tray :)

Welcome, Myshylo!! I am pretty much a lurker also but have ventured out a little more lately. This board is what keeps me going. I have learned so much that I now feel like an expert too.

Keeping one hand on the water bottle is smart. I do that too. As they say, it gets easier. I don't think there is much of anything out there that would make me want to get off this ride.

Slipfree
02-24-2014, 06:54 PM

Good luck on your interview! I am working hard to stay off the scale too, it is better for my spirit.

RuthAnn - That said, I am home on day 4 of being sick with the flu. The pills go down hard when my body wants nothing more than to sleep the day through.

Hope you feel better soon!

Welcome and congrats on your determination to stay OP.

I love this! I have had a lot of those conversations with myself! I go for my initial signup tomorrow and I am excited and a little scared. But seeing the great progress so many of you have made gives me the push that I needed to just go ahead and do this. Happy Monday everybody. :smug:

Congratulations, you are making the first step toward changing your life :D

Welcome, Myshylo!! I am pretty much a lurker also but have ventured out a little more lately. This board is what keeps me going. I have learned so much that I now feel like an expert too.

Keeping one hand on the water bottle is smart. I do that too. As they say, it gets easier. I don't think there is much of anything out there that would make me want to get off this ride.

Love the determination in your post!

Sandy60- glad that you are having a good 1st day.

dlr9774
02-24-2014, 06:58 PM
good luck SUNFLWR on your interview, radiate your confidence!

dlr9774
02-24-2014, 07:01 PM
Feeling really good today, 100% OP. One day at a time. Love it when planning pays off. Planned my veggies, had everything ready, just the kickstart I need to really get on with it and ride this horse! It is so much easier to stay OP and in ketosis (to ward off cravings and cheats) You feel so proud of yourself. Small successes are multiplied when you feel good about yourself and stay OP.

dlr9774
02-24-2014, 07:04 PM
aQWDr Oz show today MONDAY is about rebooting your system from sugar addiction. It's a detox from to cut your cravings from the junk food most people's diet.

FOOD is the biggest cause of disease, BUT FOOD (a healthy diet) is also the biggest remedy for our disease! Don't be depressed, have high blood pressure, obese or hungry. Beat those cravings by eating properly.

Cottnball2
02-24-2014, 07:16 PM
For all those doing alternative (or not using a coach) how do you handle weigh-ins and measurements? Do you just pick a day? What areas are you measuring? Are you using a journal of some kind to record the results? Just wanted to see some other ideas :)

sunflwr816
02-24-2014, 08:31 PM
For all those doing alternative (or not using a coach) how do you handle weigh-ins and measurements? Do you just pick a day? What areas are you measuring? Are you using a journal of some kind to record the results? Just wanted to see some other ideas :)

I'm using alternative products from Walden Farms, Nashua Nutrition (Protei-thin, Protei-diet and Health Smart products), EAS shakes and Quest bars.

I made my weigh in day the day I started the program (weighed in that morning) and now weigh in every Friday as my "official" day. Every week I also measure my waist and hips (I'd do bust, but you're supposed to keep arms at your sides so it wouldn't be accurate).

I record everything at my MyFitness pal account! Feel free to add me, Sunflwr0816. :D

ReenHag
02-24-2014, 09:21 PM

I do my weigh-in and measure first thing every Sunday morning, since I started on a Sunday. It is easier for me than trying to WI before work. I log my results on an Excel spreadsheet I made; I also log hubby's and daughter's progress for them. When measuring, I do hips, waist, thigh, chest (above bust), and bicep.

~Renee

Cottnball2
02-24-2014, 09:35 PM
I'm using alternative products from Walden Farms, Nashua Nutrition (Protei-thin, Protei-diet and Health Smart products), EAS shakes and Quest bars.

I made my weigh in day the day I started the program (weighed in that morning) and now weigh in every Friday as my "official" day. Every week I also measure my waist and hips (I'd do bust, but you're supposed to keep arms at your sides so it wouldn't be accurate).

I record everything at my MyFitness pal account! Feel free to add me, Sunflwr0816. :D

Thanks! I just started using MFP to help me track everything. I just noticed when I was logging in my food from today that even with the supplements my potassium is deficient by almost 1500 mg! Is that normal?

I do my weigh-in and measure first thing every Sunday morning, since I started on a Sunday. It is easier for me than trying to WI before work. I log my results on an Excel spreadsheet I made; I also log hubby's and daughter's progress for them. When measuring, I do hips, waist, thigh, chest (above bust), and bicep.

~Renee

Thanks! The more I can hold myself accountable the better!!

nolasmurf
02-24-2014, 10:44 PM
I just mixed a strong cup of chai with the EAS French vanilla and blended it into a smoothie. O my goodness just like a chai latte! I'm thinking tomorrow I'll throw some spinach in there. Had a lazy day today, since I was up uber late after the concert. Something g triggered my anxiety and I had a panic attack about 2 am. Couldn't get calm enough to sleep then was up at 6am. :/

Planning on an early bed time tonight!

Ruth Ann
02-25-2014, 09:15 AM
Wow - so many good posts yesterday! I love reading about everyone's successes, on and off scale, and plans - so motivating to keep going!

schenectady: :hug: hope you feel better soon!

sunflwr816
02-25-2014, 09:38 AM
Morning!

Well I finally got around to buying the rest of my supplements yesterday (yes...2 weeks in!) and I realized I purchased potassium gluconate 99 mg instead of K citrate. Is this an issue? http://www.gnc.com/GNC-Potassium-Gluconate-99-mg/product.jsp?productId=16153466&cp=3593185.12961320

I also purchased a calcium (1000 mg) /mag (500 mg) + vitamin D (800 IU) (which says to take 3x/day rather than the IP recommended 4x/day) because that's all they had. http://www.gnc.com/GNC-Calcium-Plus-1000/product.jsp?productId=16513196&cp=3593185.12961320

I'm also taking a multi-vitamin, B-12 and omega-3. Just wanted to check in and make sure these won't hurt/deter my weight loss!

Hiker88
02-25-2014, 10:00 AM
Morning!

Well I finally got around to buying the rest of my supplements yesterday (yes...2 weeks in!) and I realized I purchased potassium gluconate 99 mg instead of K citrate. Is this an issue? http://www.gnc.com/GNC-Potassium-Gluconate-99-mg/product.jsp?productId=16153466&cp=3593185.12961320

I also purchased a calcium (1000 mg) /mag (500 mg) + vitamin D (800 IU) (which says to take 3x/day rather than the IP recommended 4x/day) because that's all they had. http://www.gnc.com/GNC-Calcium-Plus-1000/product.jsp?productId=16513196&cp=3593185.12961320

I'm also taking a multi-vitamin, B-12 and omega-3. Just wanted to check in and make sure these won't hurt/deter my weight loss!

I was on all of these things through a natural path before I started IP.. the first clinic I went to was going to make me buy IP vitamins even though my natual path ones are free... so I went through a friend who is a rep (she didn't make me buy her supplements!)

Anyhooo taking all of those supplements has not hurt my losses at all.

65X65
02-25-2014, 10:11 AM
Morning!

If the 1000 mg is the daily dose as stated on the label...distributed in 4 servings... YES! Women do need the full 1000 mg a day...(and remember your body will absorb only about 500 at a time) taking 250 3x a day will have you coming up short and that is dangerous for a woman...esp. The problems from Ca deficiency will show up later in in life. And not in a good way.

K-citrate is specific to helping keep you regular. That is more important for some on a low carb protocol than others... Not worth finding out the "hard" way... If you ask anyone who has found it's necessary! ( Also why the Ca supplements have mg in them.)

The supplements are very important. You can even double check with your physician ...she may actually add more!

ems70508
02-25-2014, 10:11 AM
nolasmurf my coworker went to the eagles concert too and talked about it alllll day yesterday!! sounded awesome!!

Hiker88
02-25-2014, 10:12 AM
65 wonderful to see you back!! We have missed you!

sunflwr816
02-25-2014, 10:42 AM
If the 1000 mg is the daily dose as stated on the label...distributed in 4 servings... YES! Women do need the full 1000 mg a day...(and remember your body will absorb only about 500 at a time) taking 250 3x a day will have you coming up short and that is dangerous for a woman...esp. The problems from Ca deficiency will show up later in in life. And not in a good way.

K-citrate is specific to helping keep you regular. That is more important for some on a low carb protocol than others... Not worth finding out the "hard" way... If you ask anyone who has found it's necessary! ( Also why the Ca supplements have mg in them.)

The supplements are very important. You can even double check with your physician ...she may actually add more!

Thanks! The Cal/Mag/Vit D supplement I purchased is 1000 mg C daily via 3 pills. I should mention I also started using CALM (mag citrate) to help with regularity, which seems to be helping.

RosiePosie101
02-25-2014, 10:47 AM
WI today. 3lbs down which means I've reached 20lbs loss overall since January. Whoop whoop! Even better, it means I've reached a milestone and this one was that I'm allowed to buy myself a new handbag (and an expensive one at that). Go me!

Question time though - my coach is getting concerned that my lean mass is going down every week. The days I exercise I have a 4th packet and I'm not hungry and I feel good the majority of the time (it's busy season so I'm working long hours so the energy levels are never going to be fabulous). I've heard that their machines are notoriously inaccurate, although my coach says that it's actually quite accurate. Should I be concerned or just keep what I'm doing because it's obviously working?

ems70508
02-25-2014, 12:35 PM
WI today. 3lbs down which means I've reached 20lbs loss overall since January. Whoop whoop! Even better, it means I've reached a milestone and this one was that I'm allowed to buy myself a new handbag (and an expensive one at that). Go me!

Question time though - my coach is getting concerned that my lean mass is going down every week. The days I exercise I have a 4th packet and I'm not hungry and I feel good the majority of the time (it's busy season so I'm working long hours so the energy levels are never going to be fabulous). I've heard that their machines are notoriously inaccurate, although my coach says that it's actually quite accurate. Should I be concerned or just keep what I'm doing because it's obviously working?

My new coach uses one of those things. Because of this site, I've learned to dismiss those results...or rather...not depend on them. She explained to me that lean muscle mass will go down with your weight. Then at a certain point in your loss (when you get closer to a healthier weight) your lean muscle mass will maintain and then start going up, higher than the body fat %. I couldn't see your stats and where you are in your journey but it seems to me that if you have a while to go, it's OK that your lean muscle mass is going down. IF the machine is being good. I just don't think I can trust a piece of metal to tell me all the results it does.

RosiePosie101
02-25-2014, 12:58 PM
My new coach uses one of those things. Because of this site, I've learned to dismiss those results...or rather...not depend on them. She explained to me that lean muscle mass will go down with your weight. Then at a certain point in your loss (when you get closer to a healthier weight) your lean muscle mass will maintain and then start going up, higher than the body fat %. I couldn't see your stats and where you are in your journey but it seems to me that if you have a while to go, it's OK that your lean muscle mass is going down. IF the machine is being good. I just don't think I can trust a piece of metal to tell me all the results it does.

Thanks for the reply. I agree with you. I'm halfway through my journey of losing approximately 40 lbs so still a ways to go. My coach seems to think that there shouldn't be much movement in lean muscle mass but this is made up of all the other stuff other than fat, and as I get smaller (yay!), then surely there should be less water and other stuff sloshing around?!! I'm going to ignore her worries for the moment and just keep doing what I'm doing.

karkrazy13
02-25-2014, 01:35 PM

This is a great quote and this forum is awesome :D

I'm a newbie here, and I am starting IP (using alternatives) this Saturday (March 1st). I am excited and nervous at the same time! :dizzy:

I want to make sure I'm eating the right things as well as the correct amount of food, so here is what my days will typically look like:

B: Healthsmart Chocolite chocolate (or PB) protein shake

L: 2 oz. chicken salad (chunk chicken mixed with WF mayo & sea salt) on 2 cups of spinach

D: 6 oz. chicken, beef, or shrimp & 2 cups of cauli ("riced", "mashed" or roasted)

S: Quest bar (8 net carbs or less)

Since I am splitting my 8 oz. dinner protein into 2 portions (lunch & dinner), am I having the correct amount of food for lunch? Or, am I missing an IP packet (alternative equivalent)? If I am missing a packet (alternative equivalent), what are some options? Any information would be helpful, as I want this to work for me! :carrot:

Love this forum!! :hug:

qtpiemels
02-25-2014, 01:58 PM
Morning everyone!

I have been on IP since Feb 1 & I've had some great success so far. I was down 11.6 lbs & 16.5" at my 2 week weigh in on the 14th. I didn't WI last week so we'll see how things are going on Friday. I'm pretty sure I've lost another 6 lbs or so since then (I'm trying not to weigh myself everyday but it's tough!). :carrot:

I've been reading a lot so far & I'm learning a ton. I find on the weekends, my biggest challenge is to drink enough water. During the week, I'm drinking way more than the 64 ozs. I need to change that!

Question: Is there a way to have the posts jump to the ones you haven't ready yet? It gets cumbersome scrolling through stuff you've read to get to the newer ones.

kontesanera
02-25-2014, 02:07 PM

Hey RosiePosie, Congratulations! Our height and starting weight are almost the same. I can't wait to hit 20 lbs lost :) Even with this bit of weight that I have lost I feel so much better.

Cottnball2
02-25-2014, 02:24 PM
This is a great quote and this forum is awesome :D

I'm a newbie here, and I am starting IP (using alternatives) this Saturday (March 1st). I am excited and nervous at the same time! :dizzy:
B
I want to make sure I'm eating the right things as well as the correct amount of food, so here is what my days will typically look like:

B: Healthsmart Chocolite chocolate (or PB) protein shake

L: 2 oz. chicken salad (chunk chicken mixed with WF mayo & sea salt) on 2 cups of spinach

D: 6 oz. chicken, beef, or shrimp & 2 cups of cauli ("riced", "mashed" or roasted)

S: Quest bar (8 net carbs or less)

Since I am splitting my 8 oz. dinner protein into 2 portions (lunch & dinner), am I having the correct amount of food for lunch? Or, am I missing an IP packet (alternative equivalent)? If I am missing a packet (alternative equivalent), what are some options? Any information would be helpful, as I want this to work for me! :carrot:

Love this forum!! :hug:

I think you are missing a packet. The protocol is 3 packets per day, 1 being a restricted packet. I'm not sure about the brands you are using or if you have looked at calories/carbs/fats. But you have definitely come to the right place to find guidance!

djs06
02-25-2014, 02:26 PM
I've recently been cranky about being OP (feeling sorry for myself here and there, just a negative attitude that I'm working on improving!) To break up some of the monotony, I just tried making quest bar 'cookies' (cookie dough bar cut into 8 pieces in the oven). Delicious! Even more delicious if you have the restraint to let them cool and get a little bit harder (I don't.. haha.. but I noticed the difference from my first to last bite).

ems70508
02-25-2014, 02:30 PM
I think you are missing a packet. The protocol is 3 packets per day, 1 being a restricted packet. I'm not sure about the brands you are using or if you have looked at calories/carbs/fats. But you have definitely come to the right place to find guidance!

agree, add a 3rd packet. I was under the impression that it didn't have to be a restricted. I mean, I always enjoy my restricted but sometimes I don't eat it and have an non-restricted. Also learned yesterday that its best to eat all your protein at one time, and in the evening. I had occasionally split mine up like you. We'll see how big of a change it really makes!

karkrazy13
02-25-2014, 02:34 PM

Thanks for your reply! I thought I might be missing a packet... I hope someone on here can provide some IP-approved suggestions to add to my lunch :)

karkrazy13
02-25-2014, 02:36 PM
agree, add a 3rd packet. I was under the impression that it didn't have to be a restricted. I mean, I always enjoy my restricted but sometimes I don't eat it and have an non-restricted. Also learned yesterday that its best to eat all your protein at one time, and in the evening. I had occasionally split mine up like you. We'll see how big of a change it really makes!

I thought about trying to eat all 8 oz. of protein at dinner, but that sounds like so much! :dizzy: I've been reading tons of posts on this site, and some people split their protein up and some eat it all at dinner.

Let me know how eating all 8 oz. at dinner vs. splitting it up works for you! :)

ems70508
02-25-2014, 02:40 PM
I thought about trying to eat all 8 oz. of protein at dinner, but that sounds like so much! :dizzy: I've been reading tons of posts on this site, and some people split their protein up and some eat it all at dinner.

Let me know how eating all 8 oz. at dinner vs. splitting it up works for you! :)

I've been OP since September and had occasionally (3-4 times a week) split my protein. It seemed to be ok for the past 75 pounds. If you've been reading, I made a coach switch who suggested eating all at once. So yes, I will keep you updated!

karkrazy13
02-25-2014, 03:03 PM
I've been OP since September and had occasionally (3-4 times a week) split my protein. It seemed to be ok for the past 75 pounds. If you've been reading, I made a coach switch who suggested eating all at once. So yes, I will keep you updated!

Well, whatever you're doing, it's working! :D Congrats on your success so far!!

I was thinking about adding an IP-alternative chocolate pudding to my lunch... here is the nutrition info for the one I found:

80 calories
1g fat
3 net carbs (6g carbs - 3g fiber)
15g protein

Do you think this is an acceptable alternative to the IP pudding as my 3rd packet?

ColoradoCarol
02-25-2014, 03:06 PM

I generally eat a bit of protein (one hard boiled egg) at lunch. I then reduce my dinner down to 6oz (raw weight). Have done that most of the time since the beginning. I have experienced good losses while doing that.

For a while, I did do 1/2 at lunch and 1/2 at dinner and I don't recall my losses being as good, but there are too many factors (TOM, water intake, medications, etc) that go into how weight comes off during a week that I can attribute to the different protein split.

I had a lap band put in about 5 years ago (wish I could change that) and I had trouble at the beginning eating 8oz of protein in one sitting.

ems70508
02-25-2014, 03:23 PM
Well, whatever you're doing, it's working! :D Congrats on your success so far!!

Appreciate the support!

ssubert
02-25-2014, 03:32 PM
There are days when I don't feel "done" after eating my veggies and soup and I have my pudding snack as lunch desert. Seems to be okay.
But those are the days when I know I won't be having a late dinner.

PurpleMomster
02-25-2014, 03:39 PM
Hi everybody! Sorry I haven't been around much - bit of a shake up here at work has meant a little (lot) more work for me. Hopefully that will slow down a bit (ha!).

Went for my WI this morning and I'm down .6 (not going to say "only") so I'm at 5lbs lost between being on Phase 3 January 1st and going to Mexico, not too bad.

My coach informed me today that the clinic will be switching to the Pro Energy diet starting end of March-ish, they are actually getting some of the products in this week. I'm intrigued with the slight bit more flexibility in Phase 1 so we'll see. I did order some of their maple and brown sugar oatmeal (unrestricted) to try and it's been good, hoping the rest of their food is good. Although, I'll be close to goal then too - yippy!

Have a great day everyone!
Jo

karkrazy13
02-25-2014, 04:11 PM
There are days when I don't feel "done" after eating my veggies and soup and I have my pudding snack as lunch desert. Seems to be okay.
But those are the days when I know I won't be having a late dinner.

Well, I'm missing a "packet" at lunch (ex: your soup), so I was thinking about having the pudding as my third packet. So, I would have 2 oz. of chicken, 2 cups of spinach, and a pudding (as my packet).

Do you think this nutritional info will fit within the IP requirements?

80 calories
1g fat
3 net carbs (6g carbs - 3g fiber)
15g protein

I'm thinking that this would be acceptable, but I'd like some opinions :)

Cottnball2
02-25-2014, 04:14 PM

No no no it absolutely doesn't have to be restricted! I should have said of the 3 packets, only 1 can be restricted, but doesn't have to be :) I'm the same way... Sometimes the hot chocolate just sounds better than the bar or the chips. Probably because it's been so cold here!

RosiePosie101
02-25-2014, 04:45 PM
Hey RosiePosie, Congratulations! Our height and starting weight are almost the same. I can't wait to hit 20 lbs lost :) Even with this bit of weight that I have lost I feel so much better.

Yay! A buddy!! At 20lbs, people are really beginning to notice now and some of my work dresses are actually getting rather flappy! And for the first time ever in, oh at least the last 10 years, I'm in the 160's. Whoop whoop! What's your goal weight? I put down 145 but I actually have no idea what I'm going to look like at that weight. Guess we will find out in the not so distant future!!

Good luck with your journey.

nolasmurf
02-25-2014, 05:27 PM
Just came back from my ob-gyn appt. lol they were quite shocked at my weight loss. My doc was pretty impressed and told me to be careful cuz she's had the majority of her paitents with extreme weight loss end up preggers within a year. I told her that how ya no I would be quite okay with that! ;)

Hawaii69
02-25-2014, 07:30 PM
Just came back from my ob-gyn appt. lol they were quite shocked at my weight loss. My doc was pretty impressed and told me to be careful cuz she's had the majority of her paitents with extreme weight loss end up preggers within a year. I told her that how ya no I would be quite okay with that! ;)

Thats awesome! Made me smile!

ColoradoCarol
02-25-2014, 08:23 PM
We are experiencing typical Colorado weather. Yesterday afternoon it was 60 degrees within 1 - 1 1/2 hours the temp had fallen 30 degrees. Tonight we will have snow. I am ready for spring - but in Colorado we can get snow in April (sometimes even May).

Hope every one is doing well - it has been crazy busy and stressful at work so haven't been on here as much.

ssdlturtle
02-25-2014, 08:48 PM
You all are great at supporting each other, love reading the form, learn so much. Thanks for all that everyone does. Have been working a lot, so have just been reading then going to bed. Hope all have a great week!!!!!!

Jenny38
02-25-2014, 09:20 PM
Ruthann, loved your quote. Congrats on being so close to your goal:carrot:

Shrinkingsusie, way to go with your rings going down half a size and wearing jeans one size smaller than you wore in high school. 2 great NVS's!

Sunflower - good luck on your interview tomorrow.

Myshylo, welcome, sounds like you are doing great for your first week. Keep it up.

Smallerin2014 - love your name. Congrats on 9 lbs

I haven't been around much, busy weekend and horrible stomach cramps for no real reason. Felt much better on Monday. Had smaller loses last two weeks and had to self talk to not sabotage and stay on track. Joined a weightloss challenge that lasts for 6 weeks at the gym, thought it would be fun to be part of a group. The winner gets 1,000 so if I win I can buy more IP:D.

JLUS
02-25-2014, 10:03 PM
Thanks for your reply! I thought I might be missing a packet... I hope someone on here can provide some IP-approved suggestions to add to my lunch :)

Have you poured through the alternative Products thread? The first or second post has a summary of the exact IP equivalent nutritional stats you need when selecting packets from alternative sources. The pudding you cited fits. I suggest getting that info and reading the thread and taking notes on products that sound interesting to you. Nashua Nutrition is one popular place to order though others are also used.

As long as you have three packets (no more than one restricted per day) it doesn't matter what you have when... Pudding for lunch, bars for breakfast, chips for snack, chili, soup, whatever you want for whichever time you want it!

Keep asking questions and you will learn all you need to know! Welcome!!

catlady1981
02-25-2014, 10:07 PM
It's official. I'm ready, excited and a little scared. Most of you may already know this but my coach told me that both Ideal Protein and Protidiet are made by the same company. She found this out at the big weight loss convention they all go to every year. So she mixes them up in the 1st and 2nd week start bags and we have the option of buying those as well. In addition, they are are $1 cheaper per packet. I'm not sure how that compares to buying them directly from the Protidiet website, but I'm all for saving $$.:)

JLUS
02-25-2014, 10:43 PM
It's official. I'm ready, excited and a little scared. Most of you may already know this but my coach told me that both Ideal Protein and Protidiet are made by the same company. She found this out at the big weight loss convention they all go to every year. So she mixes them up in the 1st and 2nd week start bags and we have the option of buying those as well. In addition, they are are $1 cheaper per packet. I'm not sure how that compares to buying them directly from the Protidiet website, but I'm all for saving $$.:)

I buy ProtiDiet from Nashua Nutrition and many items run $12-$18 for a box of 7 packets!

rmcjaug
02-25-2014, 11:52 PM
Hello everyone. I am Courtney from New Orleans. I just started IP on 02/20/14. I have tried other diets in the past and am tired of the yo-yo. I am hoping that this will be the start to a finish of my weight loss journey. So far I am enjoying the diet and not finding it too difficult. Well, it is Mardi Gras here so I am missing out on my King Cake!!! The biggest problem I am having is the veggies. I do not like a lot of veggies and most of the ones I do like, I can't have. I go for my first WI tomorrow and am hoping for some additional motivation.

nolasmurf
02-26-2014, 12:15 AM
Hello everyone. I am Courtney from New Orleans. I just started IP on 02/20/14. I have tried other diets in the past and am tired of the yo-yo. I am hoping that this will be the start to a finish of my weight loss journey. So far I am enjoying the diet and not finding it too difficult. Well, it is Mardi Gras here so I am missing out on my King Cake!!! The biggest problem I am having is the veggies. I do not like a lot of veggies and most of the ones I do like, I can't have. I go for my first WI tomorrow and am hoping for some additional motivation.

Welcome Courtney! I'm also in New Orleans! Feel free to pm me anytime!

Ruth Ann
02-26-2014, 12:26 AM

Look up in the recipe threads - lots of way to cook veggies or puree them. You should be able to find a way to enjoy them. And seriously, your tastes will change - I just discovered I love roasted okra! Never thought that would happen!

Nolasmurf - love the new pic!

eandc2006
02-26-2014, 01:12 AM
I just mixed a strong cup of chai with the EAS French vanilla and blended it into a smoothie. O my goodness just like a chai latte! I'm thinking tomorrow I'll throw some spinach in there. Had a lazy day today, since I was up uber late after the concert. Something g triggered my anxiety and I had a panic attack about 2 am. Couldn't get calm enough to sleep then was up at 6am. :/

Planning on an early bed time tonight!

Nola did you find your anxiety worsened on ip. The reason I ask is that I deal with general anxiety daily and the occasional panic attack and have found that ideal protein can make it go through the roof! Is this something you have dealt with prior to joining...I hope you aren't offended at my asking

Deana509
02-26-2014, 02:50 AM
Kinda cool NSV...
I was talking about rings with a friend (one who is getting engaged soon we think) and she looked at my fingers (because I had just commented on buying a new purity ring) and she said "Deana!! Your fingers are so small!" and I really wish I had taken pictures of my hands before and after kind of deal, because my fingers really are shrinking!
To prove this, I started out by wearing a size 11 ring for many years... I decided since I was seriously considering this new purity ring, that I was going to get my ring finger sized at Walmart when I was there.... I asked the lady, and the first one she tried on was a little loose, so she dropped it a size, and low and behold, I am now a REGULAR size 8!!! I dropped 4 ring sizes! How crazy is that! I'm so glad that I didnt already have rings I needed to get re sized!

Had so many NSV's lately! I will have to take a picture of myself in the dress that I just got (Spanx are amazing) They shoved me into a size 16! I haven't been in a 16 in at least 10 years I think...

IdealProteinNewbie
02-26-2014, 08:46 AM
I'm jumping on the CALM bandwagon!

For those in the states, how much do you pay for the 16oz size? I'm seeing a wide range of prices between GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, Amazon, etc.

drd1961
02-26-2014, 08:57 AM
Good Morning.

For Christmas I got my husband tickets to see Phantom of the Opera in Chicago and today is the day. We are taking the late morning train up, and staying overnight. I already have the menu printed from the restaurant we have reservations at(probably have salmon because I save salmon for eating out) and have bars in my bag for the train ride so I do not get over hungry.

I bought the tickets for the last week of the show hoping that this close to March it would be warmer....not so, but since we have been dealing with this cold all winter, we will be fine.

shrinkingsusie
02-26-2014, 09:04 AM
Good morning! Snow in the forecast for the next three days...yuck!

catlady1981
02-26-2014, 09:18 AM
I buy ProtiDiet from Nashua Nutrition and many items run $12-$18 for a box of 7 packets!

Good morning everyone. Wow! That is quite a bit less! I'll have to take a look at that.

sunflwr816
02-26-2014, 09:31 AM
Good morning! Snow in the forecast for the next three days...yuck!

Same here! Well today and then Sat-Mon. Darn groundhog!! :D

Week 3 "official" weigh-in is Friday....of course the scale hasn't moved once all week....not even 0.1 lb. Discouraging when I am 100% OP and drinking 80+ oz water a day....blah

Today's my interview....feeling confident but also have those nervous jitters!! Wish me luck! :eek:

lisa32989
02-26-2014, 10:11 AM
Week 3 "official" weigh-in is Friday....of course the scale hasn't moved once all week....not even 0.1 lb. Discouraging when I am 100% OP and drinking 80+ oz water a day....blah

Stay off the scale between WI if expectations of daily movement discourages you. WL doesn't work that way.

lisa32989
02-26-2014, 10:28 AM
!

Question: Is there a way to have the posts jump to the ones you haven't ready yet? It gets cumbersome scrolling through stuff you've read to get to the newer ones.
I have my feed set up to show last post first. Easier for me to scroll thru that way

Know that previous versions of p1 had 6 oz of protein, raypther than 8.
My opinion is that coaches telling you not to split are going with their training b/c they really don't know anything else. Most have very little "other" training.

Yay! A buddy!! At 20lbs, people are really beginning to notice now and some of my work dresses are actually getting rather flappy! And for the first time ever in, oh at least the last 10 years, I'm in the 160's. Whoop whoop! What's your goal weight? I put down 145 but I actually have no idea what I'm going to look like at that weight. Guess we will find out in the not so distant future!!
We are ALL Your buddies!!!

#1. You'll soon learn you're missing nothing and gaining SO MUCH!
#2 first post of this thread has lots of recipe links. Veggie purées are great ways to get veggies in until you get used to them. Soon, you'll want more!

Kinda cool NSV...
I was talking about rings with a friend (one who is getting engaged soon we think) and she looked at my fingers (because I had just commented on buying a new purity ring) and she said "Deana!! Your fingers are so small!" and I really wish I had taken pictures of my hands before and after kind of deal, because my fingers really are shrinking!
To prove this, I started out by wearing a size 11 ring for many years... I decided since I was seriously considering this new purity ring, that I was going to get my ring finger sized at Walmart when I was there.... I asked the lady, and the first one she tried on was a little loose, so she dropped it a size, and low and behold, I am now a REGULAR size 8!!! I dropped 4 ring sizes! How crazy is that! I'm so glad that I didnt already have rings I needed to get re sized!

Had so many NSV's lately! I will have to take a picture of myself in the dress that I just got (Spanx are amazing) They shoved me into a size 16! I haven't been in a 16 in at least 10 years I think...
I love Spanx too. Between loose skin and loose rolls caused by the weight loss, they are a godsend. Congrats on your NSV!

I'm jumping on the CALM bandwagon!

For those in the states, how much do you pay for the 16oz size? I'm seeing a wide range of prices between GNC, Vitamin Shoppe, Amazon, etc.
I get mine from Vitacost. I buy their brand. It isn't flavored so I add some true lime & just shoot it down. Less expensive! I think it's called tranquil or tranquility

nolasmurf
02-26-2014, 10:38 AM
Nola did you find your anxiety worsened on ip. The reason I ask is that I deal with general anxiety daily and the occasional panic attack and have found that ideal protein can make it go through the roof! Is this something you have dealt with prior to joining...I hope you aren't offended at my asking

I also have generalized anxiety disorder, I've found that since being on IP it's actually better. Less panic attacks, taking my meds only once a day.
I generally feel better on IP.

sarahBell
02-26-2014, 10:48 AM
I also have generalized anxiety disorder, I've found that since being on IP it's actually better. Less panic attacks, taking my meds only once a day.

Nola you look amazing :) You have such a healthy glow on your face :)

trinny
02-26-2014, 11:09 AM
Morning everyone!

There is a little icon (like a pixelated letter V) to the left of the thread title. If you click on it, it will take you to just about where you left off. This board seems to be a bit quirky in its function compared to other boards I frequent, though, so this button isn't always perfect. May need to scroll up a few posts to get to exactly where you left off.

eandc2006
02-26-2014, 11:30 AM

I am feeling much better this reboot than I have in the past...previously when I did IP back in 2012 until I reached goal I was a wreck some days. I am feeling soooo much better mentally this time around.

Myshylo
02-26-2014, 11:35 AM
Day 5 OP. Feeling great! Cravings are starting to disappear and I'm dealing much better with the no nos around me and the scale is definitely going down :)

However, last night I went to Bootcamp. My coach warned me about working out and I should have listened. Felt like crap the entire hour! No energy, hard to catch my breath, little strength. I cannot believe how your body reacts to the lack of food-fuel.

But not working out isn't an option for me. I am willing to scale it back for sure, but for those of you who do exercise: How long after starting OP did you start back at it; How do you fuel your body befor and after; and Do you find it helped or hindered your weight loss?

I am a runner and have four races already booked for this year, first on May 11. Would rather not lose all of the training I've done thus far if possible :(

tbc85
02-26-2014, 11:44 AM
Haven't been on here in a few days and I have missed you guys!! Everyone is so encouraging and I love to view the success of others as well as my own. I am so glad I found this forum. Hope everyone has a great day, WI is tonight after work!!

ems70508
02-26-2014, 11:46 AM
But not working out isn't an option for me. I am willing to scale it back for sure, but for those of you who do exercise: How long after starting OP did you start back at it; How do you fuel your body befor and after; and Do you find it helped or hindered your weight loss?

I didn't waste any time diving into yoga. Did that steadily (2x week) from the beginning. I recently switched gyms. The new one offers pilates. I had never taken that before. I love it! I feel like I'm doing more than I do in yoga but not too much. There is an exercise thread that goes more in depth on peoples individual experiences with exercise. I know there are people who do it but add packets. I choose to keep the exercise low enough to where I don't need a packet.

Good Luck!

Chicnana
02-26-2014, 11:46 AM
Just ended my first week on IP yesterday. It went well, lost 9 lbs! However, I have a terrible headhach since yesterday morning... it's getting pretty annoying... strangely, it makes me want something very fatty.... I have no problem drinking my water... any ideas what to do?

My coach suggested putting sea salt in a glass of water... any of you know if that works?

Thanks!

ems70508
02-26-2014, 11:55 AM
Just ended my first week on IP yesterday. It went well, lost 9 lbs! However, I have a terrible headhach since yesterday morning... it's getting pretty annoying... strangely, it makes me want something very fatty.... I have no problem drinking my water... any ideas what to do?

My coach suggested putting sea salt in a glass of water... any of you know if that works?

Thanks!

When I get a headache these days, it's either my contacts bothering me or lack of salt! I pour salt in my hand, lick it up and take a shot of water. It's like tequila. almost. just not as fun. :dizzy:

Chicnana
02-26-2014, 12:02 PM
No tequila? Bummer.... lol

Thank you ems! I will try it immediately!

ems70508
02-26-2014, 12:05 PM
No tequila? Bummer.... lol

Thank you ems! I will try it immediately!

Yeah, don't think tequila is on phase 1....lol. Imagine if they made margarita flavored drinks. Like instead of the granata drink mix it was margarita!

schenectady
02-26-2014, 12:21 PM
Day 8 of the flu - oh, leave my body, please!

I know weighing every day can be a challenge, but I have learned to handle it with logic and some degree of patience.

That being said, I am anxious to cross into Onederland. I have been sitting right on the edge for a while, but I know that being sick really screws up the body and water retention and inflammation and all.

So my fingers are crossed that I can be up and around for an entire day AND cross into Onederland!

aecker4
02-26-2014, 02:29 PM
Hi. I weighing in tomorrow for the second time since starting ideal protein. I'm feeling very depressed. I've never chopped, measured and weighed food as much as I have the past 2 weeks. But I've enjoyed it. I've enjoyed trying new things. Ive enjoyed seeing my kids try new things too. But still feel unhealthy and depressed. No difference in my clothes even after the 8.5 lose the first week. My brother said where'd you lose it? I'm 40 so that shouldn't bother me but it does. Encouragement welcomed.

ragdoll74
02-26-2014, 02:40 PM
Hi. I weighing in tomorrow for the second time since starting ideal protein. I'm feeling very depressed. I've never chopped, measured and weighed food as much as I have the past 2 weeks. But I've enjoyed it. I've enjoyed trying new things. Ive enjoyed seeing my kids try new things too. But still feel unhealthy and depressed. No difference in my clothes even after the 8.5 lose the first week. My brother said where'd you lose it? I'm 40 so that shouldn't bother me but it does. Encouragement welcomed.

I don't post often, mostly lurk time to time when I am on a small reboot.

Don't get discouraged. I started at 224 lbs and am 5'5". It took about 20 lbs or more for me to change sizes initially. My waist just refused to budge, and most of the weight came off my rear. I had saggy bottom pants for a long time and then all of a sudden I was changing pant sizes every 6 weeks. Don't worry, you'll be at that point soon enough.

Most people didn't notice I lost weight at all until about 40 lbs lost.

lisa32989
02-26-2014, 02:46 PM

It IS a LOT more work to eat healthy but this is what we SHOULD be doing (all the veggies!) and you WILL get used to it.

I started at 260 and at larger sizes it took a while for me to change sizes. I just didn't talk about it much at first to others because I didn't need their negativity to bring me down.

I had to remember that even thought I'd lost 8 lbs (or 20 or 50!), I was still in the obese range and although I was losing weight, other people still saw me as obese. It took me time to get in the shape I was in & it took time to correct my condition. But persistence pays! And success is ALL in the attitude. It is time to adjust yours toward your accomplishments and to be proud of them!

vachinyc
02-26-2014, 02:50 PM

Hi! The best advice I can give you is to just keep swimming!

Just keep doing what you're doing and it WILL happen for you. The weight/unhealthy eating/size didn't come on overnight either. The inches/pounds thing is weird. Some weeks it is great, some not so great and then sometimes, whoosh! You just have to make peace with the fact that it has a mind of its own. If you're doing all the right things, in time, you won't believe how far you've come. (Many of us would be jealous of an 8.5 pound first week loss, green with envy)

Another key learning I think many of us have had is that we cannot look to others for validation or affirmation. Certainly it's nice when you get outside support but honestly, this is a personal journey. You've made a choice. You're doing the work. And you will reap the benefits. (your family will as well because you'll be a healthier and happier you) You don't need anyone to approve. You will get some compliments soon I'm sure! (Plus brothers are notoriously annoying. I have two and oy,the backhanded "compliments")

I know it's hard now, early on... but I promise that if you really stick to it, one day you'll look back at this and marvel at how far you've come. You'll be proud, confident, healthy and in better control of what life throws your way.

I'm not generally a rose colored glasses person so I have to work hard to look for the good things, and to appreciate them. The more I do that, the better I feel.

I hope you feel better about all this soon. Good luck. Keep it up - you're doing great!

vachinyc
02-26-2014, 02:55 PM
QUESTION: what's the best thread for phase 2 and phase 3 questions? It feels like daily chat may not be quite right but Maintainers doesn't feel right either. Thoughts?

In part i'm looking for some phase 2/3 lunch ideas - portable/easy for work. And some phase 3 breakfast ideas. I found one older phase 3 breakfast thread but it didn't have as many suggestions as I'd hoped. (sometimes search here is weird)

happy hump day all! IP POWER to you.

lisa32989
02-26-2014, 03:03 PM
QUESTION: what's the best thread for phase 2 and phase 3 questions? It feels like daily chat may not be quite right but Maintainers doesn't feel right either. Thoughts?

In part i'm looking for some phase 2/3 lunch ideas - portable/easy for work. And some phase 3 breakfast ideas. I found one older phase 3 breakfast thread but it didn't have as many suggestions as I'd hoped. (sometimes search here is weird)

happy hump day all! IP POWER to you.

This is the best Phase 3 thread for breakfast ideas. LizRR came up with some GREAT ideas! I made myself a whole file of them. And once I had a few ideas it was easier to adapt from there.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/228564-phase-3-breakfast-ideas.html

As far as lunches, I think the maintainers thread is a great idea. That, or just seeing what different folks eat for meals in the what are you eating thread. It might give you some ideas. I took chicken or tuna salad on a bed of lettuce frequently on p2/3. Easy to make a bunch at once. Veggies included. I also just made more dinner portions of things b/c I knew I'd be taking leftovers for lunch.

Chicnana
02-26-2014, 05:14 PM
Yeah, don't think tequila is on phase 1....lol. Imagine if they made margarita flavored drinks. Like instead of the granata drink mix it was margarita!

Well, they do have pina colada flavored drinks.... they are actually pretty good too! Lol

infoplease
02-26-2014, 05:36 PM
Random thoughts:
*cut back the intensity on the exercise until you can keep up, plus add the packet, whether before/during/after will depend on when you exercise. (Breakfast shake/workout/second shake, for example, or, IP snack/workout/dinner plus have the bed time snack)
*time for the paper towel analogy!--when you put the giant roll of papertowels in the holder and take off the first, second third sheets--it still looks kind of giant. By the time you get near the end of the roll, each sheet removed makes it look A LOT smaller. Fat loss can look the same way. Well, except sometimes the roll gets a lot smaller on top before the "stomach rolls" start getting smaller.
*p2/p3 lunch ideas--I second both of lisa's suggestions, look at the "what are you eating today" thread and post on the maintainers thread. There have been a few p2 threads but that don't get much action, so you'll get more answers on the maintainers thread, I think.

ems70508
02-26-2014, 05:37 PM
Well, they do have pina colada flavored drinks.... they are actually pretty good too! Lol

forgot about those! I don't know about you, but I stick to my top like...5 packets. haha. I'll have to grab a few!! Thanks for the reminder!

Cottnball2
02-26-2014, 06:11 PM
I had an extremely hectic day off... All kinds of running around! Then I finally got home and I was starving...only to realize I forgot to pull chicken out of the freezer to defrost :(. My first thought was oh well I'll just go grab something quick and get back on track tomorrow. As I was grabbing my keys I just decided no. Not going to do it! I'm tired of "re-starting" and the best way to stop that is to stop quitting! So I made eggs... I really really am not a fan of eggs! But I ate them along with 2 c of sautéed spinach and you know what? Not quitting makes eggs taste better!!

desertflwr
02-26-2014, 06:19 PM
I had an extremely hectic day off... All kinds of running around! Then I finally got home and I was starving...only to realize I forgot to pull chicken out of the freezer to defrost :(. My first thought was oh well I'll just go grab something quick and get back on track tomorrow. As I was grabbing my keys I just decided no. Not going to do it! I'm tired of "re-starting" and the best way to stop that is to stop quitting! So I made eggs... I really really am not a fan of eggs! But I ate them along with 2 c of sautéed spinach and you know what? Not quitting makes eggs taste better!!

Great job!! :hug:

vachinyc
02-26-2014, 07:03 PM
This is the best Phase 3 thread for breakfast ideas. LizRR came up with some GREAT ideas! I made myself a whole file of them. And once I had a few ideas it was easier to adapt from there.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/228564-phase-3-breakfast-ideas.html

As far as lunches, I think the maintainers thread is a great idea. That, or just seeing what different folks eat for meals in the what are you eating thread. It might give you some ideas. I took chicken or tuna salad on a bed of lettuce frequently on p2/3. Easy to make a bunch at once. Veggies included. I also just made more dinner portions of things b/c I knew I'd be taking leftovers for lunch.

Thanks Lisa and InfoPlease!

I appreciate that you posted the link. I need to start a file of cut/pasted items so that I don't have to re-find things.

vachinyc
02-26-2014, 07:04 PM

Awesome, awesome, awesome!:bravo:

blondie739
02-26-2014, 07:12 PM
Started a new decade today, the 220's! Haven't seen these numbers in quite some time so pretty excited.

On another note, is anyone as obsessed with zucchini noodles as I am? I want them with every meal and love making spaghetti and Alfredo with them. I swear my Facebook friends think I'm nuts since it's all I talk about at dinner time anymore.

Bellamack
02-26-2014, 07:53 PM
Kinda cool NSV...

Great NSVs....

16? That is what I wear and we are the same height!

ReenHag
02-26-2014, 07:58 PM

Welcome and good luck! When I started IP, I ate about three cooked veggies: broccoli, zucchini, and green beans. Now, I am eating and enjoying such a wide variety of veggies! Try different things, cook them different ways (roasted veggies are amazing), and you will find things you enjoy. Use spices, too.

Kinda cool NSV...

Congrats! How exciting!

Good Morning.

For Christmas I got my husband tickets to see Phantom of the Opera in Chicago and today is the day. We are taking the late morning train up, and staying overnight. I already have the menu printed from the restaurant we have reservations at(probably have salmon because I save salmon for eating out) and have bars in my bag for the train ride so I do not get over hungry.

I bought the tickets for the last week of the show hoping that this close to March it would be warmer....not so, but since we have been dealing with this cold all winter, we will be fine.

I know it is cold, but have a great time! What a special night out!

Day 5 OP. Feeling great! Cravings are starting to disappear and I'm dealing much better with the no nos around me and the scale is definitely going down :)

However, last night I went to Bootcamp. My coach warned me about working out and I should have listened. Felt like crap the entire hour! No energy, hard to catch my breath, little strength. I cannot believe how your body reacts to the lack of food-fuel.

I am a runner and have four races already booked for this year, first on May 11. Would rather not lose all of the training I've done thus far if possible :(

I do half hour workouts, and started about two months into IP. I usually do toning, although sometimes I do light cardio. I do not normally feel the need for an extra packet, unless I do two workouts back to back. I don't know that it affected my losses overall, but I felt that it was important to get some toning in.

Too funny! I had eggs and spinach, too! Way to keep yourself on track!

dlr9774
02-26-2014, 08:03 PM
forgot to check in and update on Tuesday, WI and lost 1lbs. I am getting back and dedicated make a good loss for this coming Tuesday.

nolasmurf
02-26-2014, 08:21 PM
Thanks for the comments about the pic. LOL it was the night of the fashion show after I had taken down my hair and was exhausted! My honey and his friends were playing pool and I was DD. I was bored taking selfie pics in my bestie's bathroom. :)

MareDog37
02-26-2014, 09:29 PM
Hectic day at work today around lunch time. At 1:30, I ended up eating my lettuce straight out of the bag (as if it was a bag of chips) while I was discussing an issue with a woman on my team. She looked at me and said, "Now that is something I would NEVER do." I had scarfed down my bar just before noon, my veggies just before 1 and I was still hungry...you gotta do what you gotta do!

ColoradoCarol
02-26-2014, 09:32 PM
When I was at my weigh in today they said salt and vinegar crisps are coming back as a non-restricted chip (like the garlic and herb). Tried them and they were pretty good.

lisa32989
02-26-2014, 10:23 PM
Hectic day at work today around lunch time. At 1:30, I ended up eating my lettuce straight out of the bag (as if it was a bag of chips) while I was discussing an issue with a woman on my team. She looked at me and said, "Now that is something I would NEVER do." I had scarfed down my bar just before noon, my veggies just before 1 and I was still hungry...you gotta do what you gotta do!
A lot of us do that all the time
I prefer my romaine that way than in a "salad" at lunchtime

ssdlturtle
02-26-2014, 11:57 PM

Great job, if you stay on you lose so much more and you feel good.

Vippysue
02-27-2014, 06:45 AM

Ha! I just might just try that. I'm getting a little tired of every meal being a salad!

shrinkingsusie
02-27-2014, 09:39 AM
Weigh in 34... No change. Big C is killing me. Smooth move tea helps clean me out, but then it is like it just starts building again. I may have to look into increasing my magnesium. I am so bloated and my skin feels puffy.

canadjineh
02-27-2014, 09:57 AM
Weigh in 34... No change. Big C is killing me. Smooth move tea helps clean me out, but then it is like it just starts building again. I may have to look into increasing my magnesium. I am so bloated and my skin feels puffy.

I ended up having to take Milk of Magnesia and cutting my Calcium back by 1 pill and it worked okaaaay, until I went on the Alternative plan and I did way better, just needed more real food (dairy & fruit) but still lost wt & fat %. Make sure to get out and power walk even if it's at a mall in bad weather - that helps to get things moving too. Here's a link for your info:
http://laportewellness.com/clients/4240/documents/Phase_1___Alternative_Plan.pdf

Hope it helps, SSusie.
Liana

Staceyhay
02-27-2014, 11:33 AM
Started a new decade today, the 220's! Haven't seen these numbers in quite some time so pretty excited.

On another note, is anyone as obsessed with zucchini noodles as I am? I want them with every meal and love making spaghetti and Alfredo with them. I swear my Facebook friends think I'm nuts since it's all I talk about at dinner time anymore.

I would love to know how to make zucchini noodles. Please let me know the nuts and bolts. Thanks!!!

Vippysue
02-27-2014, 11:34 AM

I take an acidophilus pill every morning and every evening. It really helps keep the big C away.

Vippysue
02-27-2014, 11:38 AM
My husband told me that he wants to take me on vacation to Costa Rica or the Virgin Islands for a week at the end of March. The first thing I say is "I don't want to go off my diet." I think I have a problem :-)

sarahBell
02-27-2014, 12:14 PM
I would love to know how to make zucchini noodles. Please let me know the nuts and bolts. Thanks!!!

You can use a carrot peeler or a mandolin with the julienne blade :P I made some yesterday added 2 oz of seasoned ground beef and the tomato basil soup (along with salt and fresh grated garlic) and had carb free spaghetti for lunch LOL.

Johnsdeere
02-27-2014, 12:33 PM
Vippysue,
My hubby and I just got back from a impromptu trip to Hawaii for 9 days and we stayed on our diet. I know it's hard to go to paradise and not pick the fruit. The huge difference might be accomodations. We were staying at a condo so we were able to make all of our own food, besides Valentines day where we went out for a steak dinner. I think you could still do it though.

You don't want to miss the opportunity to go. Costa Rica is beautiful, I went in 95.

JLUS
02-27-2014, 01:54 PM

There is actually a tool that looks like an extra wide vegetable peeler but it makes thin strips. If you don't have or want to invest in a mandolin, it works pretty well making thin zucchini noodles.

sarahBell
02-27-2014, 02:20 PM
these work great! I had one for years until it finally gave out!

http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Good-Grips-Julienne-Peeler/dp/B0000CCY1S

ColoradoCarol
02-27-2014, 02:34 PM
I purchased an inexpensive mandolin at Bed Bath and Beyond for $10. Works great. It does julienne and other slices.

canadjineh
02-27-2014, 02:38 PM
I purchased an inexpensive mandolin at Bed Bath and Beyond for $10. Works great. It does julienne and other slices.

I read this and thought "What the heck? A musical instrument at Bed Bath & Beyond?" Then read the next line... "mandoline" I know I'm picky - not being snarky ;)

Ash15+
02-27-2014, 02:46 PM
Hey All
I am very interested in doing IP but there are no clinics that do it where I am living. Any tips from seasoned IP people on how to do it yourself?

Thanks!

drd1961
02-27-2014, 03:21 PM
Well it shows it helps to be prepared. We got stuck coming back from Chicago on Amtrak for 2 extra hours because our train was DOT(dead on track). I had stuck a Quest bar in my purse just in case and it came in handy to make sure I did not get over hungry. Now at home eating a nice leafy salad with chicken on it!

jendilly
02-27-2014, 03:24 PM
I had my weekly weigh-in today after a really crazy week. I lost almost 4 pounds!! I'm so happy. I didn't lose much at all last week, so this helped make up for that. I wasn't sure what to expect, being that I ate out 4 of the last 7 days.

Yesterday marked 2 months since I started IP. I have lost over 27 pounds and I weigh less now than I have in many years. It feels great. My measurements have fluctuated being that I've had two different coaches and they measured differently. But, I've lost roughly 5 inches from my waist, 6 inches in my hips and 5 inches from each thigh. I've also lost 4% body fat. I'm super happy with those results in two months. I know I still have a ways to goal, but it's so cool to look at those results and realize that this lifestyle change has been so beneficial for my overall health already. I don't feel like I'm sacrificing really, either. I'm making a positive change that will last a lifetime.

sarahBell
02-27-2014, 03:46 PM
I had my weekly weigh-in today after a really crazy week. I lost almost 4 pounds!! I'm so happy. I didn't lose much at all last week, so this helped make up for that. I wasn't sure what to expect, being that I ate out 4 of the last 7 days.

Yesterday marked 2 months since I started IP. I have lost over 27 pounds and I weigh less now than I have in many years. It feels great. My measurements have fluctuated being that I've had two different coaches and they measured differently. But, I've lost roughly 5 inches from my waist, 6 inches in my hips and 5 inches from each thigh. I've also lost 4% body fat. I'm super happy with those results in two months. I know I still have a ways to goal, but it's so cool to look at those results and realize that this lifestyle change has been so beneficial for my overall health already. I don't feel like I'm sacrificing really, either. I'm making a positive change that will last a lifetime.

:broc: :bravo: :dancer: :congrat: :coffee2: :balloons: that should cover it LOL

smileyface678
02-27-2014, 03:46 PM
Hi everybody! I started IP almost 3 weeks ago and have been following this forum religiously every day since! I love it.
Would love to hear from people who are/were a similar size starting weight/height to me to learn how quickly you found your weight loss, and how far you've managed to go.
I have stayed 100% OP and lost 8lbs on W1, and only 1lb on W2. Hoping for a slightly better week next week, and am committed to staying 100% OP!
Thanks again for all of the help you've all provided me from this forum!

Victoria

jendilly
02-27-2014, 04:17 PM
:broc: :bravo: :dancer: :congrat: :coffee2: :balloons: that should cover it LOL

Thanks Sarah!! Off to have a cup of coffee... :D

sunflwr816
02-27-2014, 04:41 PM
Hi everybody! I started IP almost 3 weeks ago and have been following this forum religiously every day since! I love it.
Would love to hear from people who are/were a similar size starting weight/height to me to learn how quickly you found your weight loss, and how far you've managed to go.
I have stayed 100% OP and lost 8lbs on W1, and only 1lb on W2. Hoping for a slightly better week next week, and am committed to staying 100% OP!

Victoria

Welcome! We're very similar in starting weights and goal weight although I'm a bit taller than you. I'm in my 3rd week now (week 3 weigh in tomorrow). Your losses are fantastic! I'm using alternative products and weighing in at home and I'm losing steadily but slowly compared to some others on the forum. Down 6 pounds in two weeks and hoping for a good weigh-in tomorrow!

Vippysue
02-27-2014, 04:45 PM

Victoria

Hi Victoria,
I think my stats are similar to yours. I think you are doing great! I started low carb before going on this diet, but you have done in two weeks what it took me a month to do. My weight loss was 3/3/0/3 for the first 4 weeks. Hang in there and congrats on a great 2 week loss!

smileyface678
02-27-2014, 05:19 PM
Welcome! We're very similar in starting weights and goal weight although I'm a bit taller than you. I'm in my 3rd week now (week 3 weigh in tomorrow). Your losses are fantastic! I'm using alternative products and weighing in at home and I'm losing steadily but slowly compared to some others on the forum. Down 6 pounds in two weeks and hoping for a good weigh-in tomorrow!
Thank you so much! Well done on your fantastic results also! I look forward to going the rest of the journey together :)

smileyface678
02-27-2014, 05:20 PM
Hi Victoria,
I think my stats are similar to yours. I think you are doing great! I started low carb before going on this diet, but you have done in two weeks what it took me a month to do. My weight loss was 3/3/0/3 for the first 4 weeks. Hang in there and congrats on a great 2 week loss!
Thank you for your reply and kindness - I appreciate it! Congratulations on your success too! :)

sarahBell
02-27-2014, 06:05 PM
Thanks Sarah!! Off to have a cup of coffee... :D

Do you like those? The caramel is my fav. followed by hazelnut. The French vanilla was so-so to me.

I make 1 iced coffee a day in the AM using the caramel flavor and I am good to go!

Vippysue
02-27-2014, 07:28 PM
I just wanted to give you all a "heads up." I had my blood tested recently, and the results were my potassium was too high. I take potassium pills that IP recommends, but I must admit I don't take them faithfully....Just when I remember. According to the doctor, high potassium levels can cause heart issues and stroke. So don't just take that potassium without being monitored. I think it could potentially be a dangerous thing. I will stop taking potassium.

ReenHag
02-27-2014, 07:52 PM
My husband told me that he wants to take me on vacation to Costa Rica or the Virgin Islands for a week at the end of March. The first thing I say is "I don't want to go off my diet." I think I have a problem :-)

How awesome! I think the same way... Of course, you could stay OP while away. Otherwise, could you go a little later in the season after you are closer to goal? Whatever you decide, you know that you have the tools to take care of yourself!

Well it shows it helps to be prepared. We got stuck coming back from Chicago on Amtrak for 2 extra hours because our train was DOT(dead on track). I had stuck a Quest bar in my purse just in case and it came in handy to make sure I did not get over hungry. Now at home eating a nice leafy salad with chicken on it!

It soooo helps to be prepared! Glad you made it home safely. That must have been a little scary!

Congrats! Amazing losses! Keep it up!

~Renee

drd1961
02-27-2014, 07:53 PM
It was not scary, just boring. I read a whole book.

kontesanera
02-27-2014, 07:56 PM
I have another crazy weekend coming up. I am hosting family for my daughters birthday and will be preparing and cooking up a storm. I am roasting my chicken now so I have it for the next several days. I am not planning to eat any of the food that I am preparing as it is not really IP friendly. Next weekend we have a baptism that we are godparents at. This weekend and next are super crazy and then we have a bit of a lull before Easter. I was so exhausted from being at two parties last weekend, I wonder how I will feel after this weekend.

I had two NSV todays, so that should keep me motivated. A woman at work said to me that whatever I am doing seems to be working as I am looking good. I have also had people comment on my skin in the past week, saying that I glow. Must be all the vitamins that I am taking. The best NSV was from my father in law. He never met a skinny woman that he liked, so when I came to get the kids after work today he said to "what have you done to yourself?" (not that I am skinny right now). I take that as a huge compliment as I get really worried when my inlaws compliment my looks. That means I am really packing it on. LOL My parents are completely opposite, but my in laws and parents are off different generation so that is understandable.

catlady1981
02-27-2014, 08:32 PM

Stacyhay: You can get one of these gadgets at Amazon, usually under $30.00, when they go on sale. They make wonderful zucchini noodles and I have also used it to make cucumber noodles for a salad. If you look up "how to make zucchini noodles with a spiralizer" on Youtube, you can see how easy they are to use.

blondie739
02-28-2014, 02:30 AM
I just use my mandolin with a julienne blade, it's so great! I think mine was under $30 as well. Between that a broccoli slaw, I have not had any problems getting my veggies in lately!

lisa32989
02-28-2014, 06:56 AM
When I first started IP it was expensive. First the startup cost and cost of IP brand. Then all the gadgets. I bought a mandoline (thanks to who ever pointed out the slicer had a different spelling), a julienne peeler, a magic bullet. I already had a vitamix and a stand mixer.

Far and above, my most-used, easiest-cleanup gadget since starting IP is my stick blender. I use it for mashed cauli, for mixing my pudding muffins, for making mayo for DH, and for blending my rhubarb jello. I use it so often, it's one of the items we hand wash unless the dishwasher is being run immediately.

Sonyasbug
02-28-2014, 07:44 AM
Good morning.
Never thought about a stick blender. Think I might invest this weekend. Lisa, hows your stall going? Ive been stuck for months now. Phased off before the holidays and back to phase 1 right before the new year. I had gained a few lbs in maintaince, ive since list those but no additional movement...these last few lbs are torture.

IdealProteinNewbie
02-28-2014, 08:26 AM
I know many of you use MiO but are trying to not to use so much sucralose. I just got an email from Netrition. Sweetleaf, the company that makes liquid stevia drops, just came out with a stevia-based water enhancer. Thinking I may give it a shot.

Ruth Ann
02-28-2014, 08:49 AM
I know many of you use MiO but are trying to not to use so much sucralose. I just got an email from Netrition. Sweetleaf, the company that makes liquid stevia drops, just came out with a stevia-based water enhancer. Thinking I may give it a shot.

Let us know if you like it. Mio kicks my reflux up something fierce so I've been avoiding it so it would be nice to have something else to use.

lisa32989
02-28-2014, 08:58 AM
Good morning.
Never thought about a stick blender. Think I might invest this weekend. Lisa, hows your stall going? Ive been stuck for months now. Phased off before the holidays and back to phase 1 right before the new year. I had gained a few lbs in maintaince, ive since list those but no additional movement...these last few lbs are torture.
You, me & ideal protein newbie!
The difference is that I won't subject my already compromised thyroid to continual p1 with no losses.
No loss (months-long stall, not days, here people!) shows the body has adapted so something must change. Body adapts by slowing metabolism. I'm focusing on maintenance and increasing strength. Hoping I'll be able to lose the last 15 in April-June. In the meantime, I'm getting hormone levels checked (adrenals, cortisol) and currently doing a candida cleanse and increasing probiotics. Contrary to popular belief, it really can be more than calories in/calories out. Our systems are complex.

Bellamack
02-28-2014, 09:41 AM
I hear you Lisa. I think my thyroid meds are in desparate need of changing, I don't get bloodwork until the first week in April. Something is definitely going on with me. I use a Fitbit & MFP and I should be way lower in weight by now.

Today was my WI day and I was up 0.4lbs, but in this case it was because I ate dinner out last night and it was late. Yesterday morning when I took a peek at the scale, I was down 2 lbs.

I am trying to keep a positive attitude, but it is VERY hard when you are good, exercise and the scale is stubborn. I only walk 1 mile on the treadmill with no incline, because my ortho doesn't want more walking yet, but I also do light weights and bands to strengthen. My clothes are definitely looser :)

Congrats to all who are having wonderful Scale & NSV's and count your blessings that you are not in your 50's, post-meno and hypothyroid. lol

Below zero here this morning and -20 windchill. I guess March is going to come in like the Lion and out like the Lamb. Can't wait for Spring this year :)

Hawaii69
02-28-2014, 10:05 AM
I have another crazy weekend coming up. I am hosting family for my daughters birthday and will be preparing and cooking up a storm. I am roasting my chicken now so I have it for the next several days. I am not planning to eat any of the food that I am preparing as it is not really IP friendly. Next weekend we have a baptism that we are godparents at. This weekend and next are super crazy and then we have a bit of a lull before Easter. I was so exhausted from being at two parties last weekend, I wonder how I will feel after this weekend.

I had two NSV todays, so that should keep me motivated. A woman at work said to me that whatever I am doing seems to be working as I am looking good. I have also had people comment on my skin in the past week, saying that I glow. Must be all the vitamins that I am taking. The best NSV was from my father in law. He never met a skinny woman that he liked, so when I came to get the kids after work today he said to "what have you done to yourself?" (not that I am skinny right now). I take that as a huge compliment as I get really worried when my inlaws compliment my looks. That means I am really packing it on. LOL My parents are completely opposite, but my in laws and parents are off different generation so that is understandable.

I have to say that one thing that people noticed right away, was my skin! I think its all the water I started to drink and the vitamins and minerals and healthy food! Its a definate bonus! I'm feeling like these last couple of lbs might take a bit, the scale seems to be up since I last weighed. I am determined to keep going though. I start Phase 3 on Tuesday and I started a walking program on the treadmill. I plan to start running again when I hit maintenance and do a couple of days of weight resistance training. I look forward to that! And I need to tone!

sunflwr816
02-28-2014, 10:05 AM
Weigh-in #3 this morning....down 0.2. Pretty surprised since I've been 100% OP. Maybe I'll have a big loss next week?

sarahBell
02-28-2014, 10:14 AM
I am down 2.3 lbs this week!!! :broc: I have LOST 40LBS FINALLY!!! now to work on the next 5lbs then the next LOL.

Hawaii69
02-28-2014, 10:16 AM
I am down 2.3 lbs this week!!! :broc: I have LOST 40LBS FINALLY!!! now to work on the next 5lbs then the next LOL.

:carrot::carrot: Yayy! Congrats!

sarahBell
02-28-2014, 10:27 AM
:carrot::carrot: Yayy! Congrats!

Thank you so much! :hug:

I think I am losing inches faster than the pound (is that possible??) all my pants seem to float around my legs and waist......I feel out of proportion KWIM?
But I am not complaining I am celebrating plus my beautiful curves are starting to show more and more each week (sorry I love to be curvy not a walking clothes hanger)

danilynn
02-28-2014, 10:50 AM
Weigh-in #3 this morning....down 0.2. Pretty surprised since I've been 100% OP. Maybe I'll have a big loss next week?

.2 is still good, you are probably losing inches this time around.. have you done your measurements? I go through that cycle where i lose big one week and very little the next, but i know i am still losing because when i take my measurements -- im smaller. Keep rockin it sista!:dancer:

sunflwr816
02-28-2014, 10:57 AM
.2 is still good, you are probably losing inches this time around.. have you done your measurements? I go through that cycle where i lose big one week and very little the next, but i know i am still losing because when i take my measurements -- im smaller. Keep rockin it sista!:dancer:

I'm not sure about arms and thighs since I'm haven't been measuring. I can tell I'm losing in my hips since my jeans are fitting much better though! I'll take it :carrot:

schenectady
02-28-2014, 11:02 AM
I am trying to keep a positive attitude, but it is VERY hard when you are good, exercise and the scale is stubborn. I only walk 1 mile on the treadmill with no incline, because my ortho doesn't want more walking yet, but I also do light weights and bands to strengthen. My clothes are definitely looser :)

Bellamack - I am right there with you. I have been staring down Onederland for a while now and my scale is stubborn. Now I am NOT complaining because I know there are those who have I worse, but it is tedious at best.

But at the same time I have been fighting the flu and I am sure that has contributed to changes in my body that are not always supportive of the scal going down. Finally getting better and hope my last weigh in of February sees a whoosh! Please?

drd1961
02-28-2014, 11:10 AM
My WI is tonight and I do not think it will be good. I did have some bread at the nice restaurant we went to. I actually was lo-carb all day except for that, but still feel like I am retaining water. So far it seems I am not doing that great on P2, although it was only that one day. After being darn near perfect all the way through it sort of plays with the mind to be off one day.

Oh well, back at it. I guess there is this fear I will wake up with instance weight gain!

mars735
02-28-2014, 11:44 AM
My WI is tonight and I do not think it will be good. I did have some bread at the nice restaurant we went to. I actually was lo-carb all day except for that, but still feel like I am retaining water. So far it seems I am not doing that great on P2, although it was only that one day. After being darn near perfect all the way through it sort of plays with the mind to be off one day.

Oh well, back at it. I guess there is this fear I will wake up with instance weight gain!

Congratulations on your accomplishment!

I think we've all had that fear! You won't instantly gain it back. More important than being perfect is getting back on track after a slip. When you learn to trust yourself to do that, maintenance won't be as anxiety-provoking.

I think a lot of women, self included, have a fear of enjoying success in any form, almost as if there is a belief that if we feel too good about ourself, something bad will happen.

eandc2006
02-28-2014, 11:49 AM
Congratulations on your accomplishment!

I think we've all had that fear! You won't instantly gain it back. More important than being perfect is getting back on track after a slip. When you learn to trust yourself to do that, maintenance won't be as anxiety-provoking.

I think a lot of women, self included, have a fear of enjoying success in any form, almost as if there is a belief that if we feel too good about ourself, something bad will happen.

I would second this. Let time takes it course and go day by day. Enjoy your accomplishments and know that even when you do get derailed, you have the tools to bounce back.

How are you Mars75? How is the reboot coming?

Staceyhay
02-28-2014, 11:54 AM
I have had a couple of NSV lately and would love to share them. I have been wearing my wedding ring for the last week. I haven't been able to get it on for over a year. I am also wearing a skirt today that I haven't worn in a year in a half. I have lost 18.6 pounds and I'm finally feeling it in my clothes. So happy

Bellamack
02-28-2014, 12:09 PM

Congrats to you !

I have to take it 5 pounds at a time, because I lose so slowly. Mentally it helps. Keep up the good job :)

kontesanera
02-28-2014, 12:29 PM
I have to say that one thing that people noticed right away, was my skin! I think its all the water I started to drink and the vitamins and minerals and healthy food! Its a definate bonus! I'm feeling like these last couple of lbs might take a bit, the scale seems to be up since I last weighed. I am determined to keep going though. I start Phase 3 on Tuesday and I started a walking program on the treadmill. I plan to start running again when I hit maintenance and do a couple of days of weight resistance training. I look forward to that! And I need to tone!

Congratulations on Phase 3! I miss exercise, cant wait to start to do it. I have great ravines in my neighbourhood and going for a walk in the ravines is a challenge. I would not want to embark on the ravines until at least phase 2. Exercise and upping your calories should probably jolt your body and help you lose the last few pounds.

kontesanera
02-28-2014, 03:29 PM
Oh yeah, 3.7 lbs gone this week! I weigh in Fridays at noon, so my "official" weight is 2 lbs more than my morning, no clothes weight. My coach also said that my inch losses are "above average" :D

Have a great weekend everyone!

KareVT
02-28-2014, 04:16 PM
When do you guys typically weigh in? I'm finding it hard to reach a center before I would eat breakfast. Do you think that weighing-in just before lunch will show an accurate reading? I always used to weigh in on Saturdays, 9am, when the center opens. I can't make it any other time during the week but my lunch hour and that is after I have my morning coffee and breakfast.. What are your thoughts, anyone, anyone??

schenectady
02-28-2014, 04:22 PM

sarahBell - I am so proud of you - you have succeeded despite some major challenges. I hope you know how well you have done.

Those "big" weight goals, like losing to 40 pounds, feel so good, don't they? It makes it easier to handle and comprehend. When going through tough times, keep chanting inside "40 pounds, 40 pounds" and remember how well you can do.

Self talk is important and the more you are reminding yourself of your successes and strength, the better equipped you are to handle challenges.

sarahBell
02-28-2014, 04:23 PM
Congrats to you !

I have to take it 5 pounds at a time, because I lose so slowly. Mentally it helps. Keep up the good job :)

Seeing on my ticker it says 40lbs lost made me realize that I am getting closer to my goal. I am going in 5lb increments, that is the best way. small goals for me will work better. I think I can lose 5lbs ten more times LOL. it will be slow and I know I will not always lose BUT it will not discourage me in the least bit.

stephascope
02-28-2014, 04:52 PM
Hey sarahBell, I hit the 40 lb mark today too! Go us!

Happy Friday everyone!

sarahBell
02-28-2014, 05:02 PM
Hey sarahBell, I hit the 40 lb mark today too! Go us!

Happy Friday everyone!

:coffee::bravo::cp::dancer:

Slipfree
02-28-2014, 06:26 PM
I have had a couple of NSV lately and would love to share them. I have been wearing my wedding ring for the last week. I haven't been able to get it on for over a year. I am also wearing a skirt today that I haven't worn in a year in a half. I have lost 18.6 pounds and I'm finally feeling it in my clothes. So happy

Congratulations!

Oh yeah, 3.7 lbs gone this week! I weigh in Fridays at noon, so my "official" weight is 2 lbs more than my morning, no clothes weight. My coach also said that my inch losses are "above average" :D

Awesome WI!

Have a great weekend everyone!

When do you guys typically weigh in? I'm finding it hard to reach a center before I would eat breakfast. Do you think that weighing-in just before lunch will show an accurate reading? I always used to weigh in on Saturdays, 9am, when the center opens. I can't make it any other time during the week but my lunch hour and that is after I have my morning coffee and breakfast.. What are your thoughts, anyone, anyone??

Welcome back KareVT! I weigh in on Sat. mornings. When I weighed at night, it messed with my mind. I did not want to eat or drink during the day. Get ready for some more snow on Sun. This winter will never end!

Slipfree
02-28-2014, 06:27 PM
Stephascope and SarahBell, hurray for your 40 pound loss!

brelo
02-28-2014, 06:39 PM

My WI is in the afternoon on Thursday every week after lunch! There are enough other variables that can affect the scale reading that I like to pick the same time and the same day every week, so that I am not weighing in the am one week and in the pm another week to keep things as consistent as possible! So I think you are absolutely fine with your WI time.

My only self imposed rules for the afternoon WI is that I try to drink up and then I have a stop time for drinking and a stop time for lunch. Generally about 1.5 to 2 hours before WI time. The other crazy thing I am doing this time is that I am weighing with my shoes on. I have been so cold this winter that I could not bear to take my shoes off even for a WI. This is so totally new to me but logically, if I do it the same every week, it should not make a single bit of difference to the scale reading.

Anyway, a while back I made a decision to not weigh at home and to not look at the scale at the clinic or to be told by my coach of what my numbers were. After 2 weeks of not knowing, my coach was kind of chomping at the bit to let me know how well I was doing, so I succumbed and my first 2 week of my reboot were impressive. I said to her at that point, okay, I want to go back to not knowing again because it was so blissfully peaceful to just trust the program and not worry about what the scale was doing every morning noon and night! (Which had been my previous habit) So the next week she was careful not to tell me what my weight was, however, she told me how many pounds I was down! Hello, I can do the math! So the next week before I step on the scale I tell her I just want to know up, down, or the same. She again announced how many I was down. She is a sweet girl but apparently a little scattered? So I gave up my wonderful plan of not knowing what the scale is saying. However, I do highly recommend it if you haven't tried it. I don't know if it is wise for weight maintenance but for the weight loss phase, when you know the program works if you just follow it, for the first 2 weeks when I didn't know anything, it was heaven!

Jenny38
02-28-2014, 06:52 PM
I have had a really busy week so had to catch up on my reading on the forum, do many accomplishments and NSV's:)

I tried the new BBQ and salt and vinegar non restricted chips, they were yummy. I liked the BBQ chips more than the ridges.

Down 2.5 lbs today, seem to be having smaller loses but the scale is still going down so I'm happy.

Have a great weekend:)

drd1961
02-28-2014, 07:38 PM
I have been weighing in on Friday night after work and I have really hated it because I really just want to get home and relax. Now that I am phasing to maintenance, I decided to change it to right before lunch on Fridays.

Today's WI was not bad, lost none, gained none, lost another .5 off my waist. When I plugged in what I ate in MFP, it turned out to be not all that bad. I have become disciplined enough that I am making good choices. I feel much better about things tonight because I got back on the wagon!

We decided since I am traveling the week I would have P4 explained that I will do P3 3 weeks and then P4. She said P3 is easy to travel with.

Myshylo
02-28-2014, 08:57 PM
I cannot believe it!!! After suffering for years and wasting money on a couple of very expensive programs later, I've finally found my match!! 6.2 pounds lost in one week? I'm sold, hook line and sinker. Love this program <Happy Dance>. Sorry to be so ridiculously happy, but really, I thought it was going to be impossible to lose the late 30s extra weight. Turning 40 next month may be a little easier if I can continue to shed. :)

Plus, the suggestion of the day: Use the pre-made vanilla shake as creamer for your coffee! Was having difficulty giving up my Coffee Mate, but I have found the replacement and it only takes a tablespoon to give a very similar taste.

I'm so thankful for this forum. It has only been a week, but I've scoured through many posts and have been so motivated by you wonderful people!

sweetenuf
02-28-2014, 09:15 PM
Good evening all....I know I have been quiet but my husband works out of the country and he's home every other month so he's been home and it's been busy around here.
Update: I've stayed 100% OP for 6 weeks now. My total loss in inches as of Wed is 12.75, 22lbs.
NSV: I bought a new pair of jeans 1 size smaller & my wedding ring fits again.
Very good things happening here.
I'm so sorry I haven't had time to write to others on here, just know I read and see everyone's inspiring victories. I am here and dedicted to this group , y'all help me daily stay OP.

getnlean
02-28-2014, 09:27 PM
Oh my! I just had my first Quest cinnamon roll bar. Out of this world, almost dangerous. I bought a case, so I am really going to have to be careful.

sarahBell
02-28-2014, 09:42 PM
Good evening all....I know I have been quiet but my husband works out of the country and he's home every other month so he's been home and it's been busy around here.
Update: I've stayed 100% OP for 6 weeks now. My total loss in inches as of Wed is 12.75, 22lbs.
NSV: I bought a new pair of jeans 1 size smaller & my wedding ring fits again.
Very good things happening here.
I'm so sorry I haven't had time to write to others on here, just know I read and see everyone's inspiring victories. I am here and dedicted to this group , y'all help me daily stay OP.

YAY!! Congrats on hubby being home and YY on the ring fitting and :broc: for the inches lost!!

sarahBell
02-28-2014, 09:46 PM

I weigh in every morning around the same time. I get up do my stuff in the bathroom, and hope I do not have the big "C" ( I have been regular for the past 2 weeks since I did a cleanse!) and then weigh in before I eat anything. I have found that my jammies which are way to big add an extra .3 lbs so I go in my birthday suit LOL. I am up by 6-6:30 am so I am on the scale around 7ish.

If I went to the center here in town they open at 6am so that would be my first place before anything.

I would eat light in the AM (lots of water!) and cross your fingers LOL.

sarahBell
02-28-2014, 09:51 PM
Good morning.

I love my stick blender!!