Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-23-2014, 10:04 PM   #1  
On my way to -70

S/C/G: 202/192/132lbs

Height: 5'4''

Default Your Changing Body

(I know... the title is cheesy, clichéd, and probably the title of some awkward book about puberty but I thought it was funny )

I wanted to create a thread in which we can regain the magic and the amazement of looking at our bodies shed fat and turn healthy again. You know, sometimes the scale isn't as merciful with us and our efforts as we wished it were, but there might still be little changes in our body that remind us that we're losing weight and make us feel amazed and giddy.

For example, talking with my parents on Skype I told them that some of my many chins were gone. While in past Skype conversations I would have made the camera focus on me from a higher angle, or from like my mouth up so it wouldn't catch the chins and the boobage, this time I couldn't stop staring at myself! I was like "yeah! I'm looking good even having the camera right in front of me!" Or for example, I feel my wedding band more loose and my fingers look more like actual fingers and less like sausages. Also when I look at myself in the mirror I see a bit of an hourglass shape surfacing out of nowhere (I was never much of an hourglass shape but then the last time I was skinny I hadn't had babies), and I can't stop looking at it, or looking at my waist and how harmonic it looks and how flat my tummy's getting. Also now as I type this I can actually see the nerves and the sinew in my hands moving as I move my fingers; that didn't happen before, my hands were chubby and I didn't see the movement.

So you get the picture, right? Losing weight is a labor of love. It's a labor of loving ourselves enough to start the journey, it's a labor of loving ourselves in the process, and it's a labor of loving what we look like when we reach our goal. When I was 132lbs the last time I didn't love myself; I hadn't purposefully done a diet so it kind of happened that I got down to that weight and I was still not satisfied. Before I knew it I was back up those 20lbs, got married, had babies and packed on almost 60 more pounds. If we don't love ourselves in the weight-loss process, most likely we won't be satisfied with what we see when we reach our goal and we will continue focusing on that little fat roll under our bra, or the little pooch under our belly button. I am working really hard in finding beauty in the little changes I'm going through, and loving them because they're amazing. My body's changing. My body is becoming slimmer and healthier, and I find that change as big or as little as it may be for now, very much amazing.

Now it's your turn to tell me what little things amaze you about your changing body.

Go!

Last edited by Paulitens; 02-23-2014 at 10:08 PM.
Paulitens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 10:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 320/298/280

Height: ~6'3

Excellent topic. (And I agree about the title probably being a puberty book....)

As of today, I've lost 20 pounds (possibly a touch more). I've noticed the biggest change in my tummy area (hard to explain; it's a little flatter and more defined, but still a long way to go) and my arms aren't quite as 'jiggly'.

I also have more energy and my back doesn't hurt when I'm out for the day with my husband on the weekend. (Pretend that sentence made sense....)
CJinTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 229/216/180

Height: 5'4"

Well I've only lost about 10 lbs so far so I can't see it in the mirror yet but I can tell you what I've noticed and that's my pants are not as tight. I actually have some room in them..Yeah!!!!!!! It's a great feeling and knowing that they will loosen more and more is something to look forward to. Can't wait to actually see it in my thunder thighs.
Waterbunny77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 11:34 PM   #4  
On my way to -70

Awwww! Someone resurfaced my "little wonders" thread! I thought it was destined to oblivion.

Well... one of the things I'm amazed at with losing weight is that after 8 weeks and 20+ pounds lost, I can cross my legs again! I can sit like a lady! I used to be able even with the extra weight but it wasn't as easy and it even looked uncomfortable! LOL. So the yesterday I was at the eye doctor's and I don't know, I just comfortably crossed my legs and then I was like "woah! did that just happen!?" It was awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJinTX View Post
Excellent topic. (And I agree about the title probably being a puberty book....)

As of today, I've lost 20 pounds (possibly a touch more). I've noticed the biggest change in my tummy area (hard to explain; it's a little flatter and more defined, but still a long way to go) and my arms aren't quite as 'jiggly'.

I also have more energy and my back doesn't hurt when I'm out for the day with my husband on the weekend. (Pretend that sentence made sense....)
Oh, I know what you mean! I feel the same way. The change in my tummy is barely there, but I notice it in the way my jeans fit, my bra back strap is loosening, and I have a little bit more of a flat tummy. I have a long way to go but I notice a little difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterbunny77 View Post
Well I've only lost about 10 lbs so far so I can't see it in the mirror yet but I can tell you what I've noticed and that's my pants are not as tight. I actually have some room in them..Yeah!!!!!!! It's a great feeling and knowing that they will loosen more and more is something to look forward to. Can't wait to actually see it in my thunder thighs.

That's awesome, Waterbunny! My jeans are fitting loosely too, but I don't have thunder thighs. Most of my weight is from my hip bones, up. I do notice some weight loss there too like what I was telling CJinTX about my bras.

Keep it up!
Old 03-10-2014, 01:57 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 305/154.6/???

Height: 5ft 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulitens View Post
I can cross my legs again! I can sit like a lady!
Ooooh, I remember when that happened for me for the first time! Man, that was one glorious day!
Crossing my legs... To me, that has always been the epitome of femineity - and I had never ever been able to do that. I could rest my ankle on my knee and that was about it. But then, one day, about 30 lbs ago... baaam! It happened! I suddenly could do it, I could cross my legs, for real!
And I just can't stop doing it since. That one never gets old
JenteIsving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #6  
On my way to -70

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenteIsving View Post
Ooooh, I remember when that happened for me for the first time! Man, that was one glorious day!
Crossing my legs... To me, that has always been the epitome of femineity - and I had never ever been able to do that. I could rest my ankle on my knee and that was about it. But then, one day, about 30 lbs ago... baaam! It happened! I suddenly could do it, I could cross my legs, for real!
And I just can't stop doing it since. That one never gets old

JenteIsving - It is such a small thing that skinny people definitely take for granted but that means so much for us. LOL. I even had a hard time crossing my legs "like a man" (with my ankle resting on my other leg's knee) and I didn't like it anyway because that's not feminine and I like feminine (as you say, it is the epitome of femininity for me too... and of being skinny, haha!). What I have been doing all these years was doing the "old lady" cross, the one they teach Mia in The Princess Diaries, hahaha! Just crossing your ankles to the side, like this:

I know still that I could cross my legs more comfortably than I do now (because I still have a whole bunch more to lose) but I'm stoked that I can do that naturally at least.

Another thing I noticed and totally love is my cheeks slowly going away, my cheekbones becoming more defined, and my neck gradually emerging from the shadows of my double chin. Hahaha!

I love this sense of wonder I have about my body and how it's changing.

Last edited by Paulitens; 03-10-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:28 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 192/160/137

I had to get my wedding ring resized down 1 1/2 sizes! I love that all my icky giant underwear is gone and been replaced with sexy lacy ones. I love that I don't need a bra extender anymore. I can sit with both legs pulled up to my chest and don't feel like I can't breathe. I adore how my kids said "when you were in your 30's you weren't that pretty but in your forties you are." Then the other one said "yeah your the bomb" lol! My necklaces are long enough now! I can see these things that resemble bones on my neckline. And some arm muscles! Wow! It truly is the little things in life!
Sassyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 09:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

believe it or not, I look at the loose skin and consider it well earned battle scars! When I lay in bed, I can actually feel muscle in my tummy instead of just the water bed that was there before. I had my hair cut short last week, I wouldn't do it before because I don't like the look of little head, big body. I'm pretty much in proportion now and I love my hair!!

Mostly though I love what I can do now, stairs, jump rope , hula hoop, jogging. I had gotten to the point that moving was painful- and so I didn't move very much. Going to a doctor finally after many years was a wake up call but starting gout medicine and losing some weight gave me the ability to move.
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #9  
Getting smaller everyday

S/C/G: HW: 393/IP: 347/CW: 198/GW:175

Height: 5'6

lotsakids brings up a good point about loose skin. I see tons of posts about it and at first I wasn't worried about it, but then everyone on here was worrying about it so I started to and the more weight I lose the more I realize it doesn't matter that much to me. I spent so much time trapped in an almost 400 lb body, even if I had tons of loose skin it couldn't amount to what I felt then. I feel better because I work out, I'm healthier because I'm eating better. I'm experiencing so many new things because of my weight loss. All of this including loose skin is an accomplishment.

I tend to look in the mirror a lot more, just trying to come to terms with my body and respect it at every step down.

I can cross my legs. I don't feel stuffy with the seatbelt on. I can walk for long periods of time without being winded. I don't feel embarrased to be out and about without a hoodie. This is a big one for me because I was constantly hiding behind hoodies and loose clothing items and now I like to buy clothes that actually fit and show off the figure that I'm gaining.

It truly is amazing what we're experiencing.
watchoutforthatcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:32 PM   #10  
On my way to -70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassyblonde View Post
I had to get my wedding ring resized down 1 1/2 sizes! I love that all my icky giant underwear is gone and been replaced with sexy lacy ones. I love that I don't need a bra extender anymore. I can sit with both legs pulled up to my chest and don't feel like I can't breathe. I adore how my kids said "when you were in your 30's you weren't that pretty but in your forties you are." Then the other one said "yeah your the bomb" lol! My necklaces are long enough now! I can see these things that resemble bones on my neckline. And some arm muscles! Wow! It truly is the little things in life!
That is absolutely awesome, Sassyblonde! I know it's all about health and well-being but feeling awesome, feeling and looking hot is such a big deal too! I always loved my husband so much regardless of what he looked like, but now he's lost 100lbs, he looks absolutely hot! And I'm dieting so I can look hot standing next to him too, because why not? Plus I don't think I can handle being "the fat one" of the relationship. LOL. I am big boned and I always felt less feminine because of it; I don't want to feel all butch when I stand next to my skinny, hot-looking husband.

So... good for you for looking hot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotsakids View Post
believe it or not, I look at the loose skin and consider it well earned battle scars! When I lay in bed, I can actually feel muscle in my tummy instead of just the water bed that was there before. I had my hair cut short last week, I wouldn't do it before because I don't like the look of little head, big body. I'm pretty much in proportion now and I love my hair!!
Heck yeah! That's the attitude! These tigers earned their stripes, right? It's like stretch marks when we have babies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by watchoutforthatcar View Post
lotsakids brings up a good point about loose skin. I see tons of posts about it and at first I wasn't worried about it, but then everyone on here was worrying about it so I started to and the more weight I lose the more I realize it doesn't matter that much to me. I spent so much time trapped in an almost 400 lb body, even if I had tons of loose skin it couldn't amount to what I felt then. I feel better because I work out, I'm healthier because I'm eating better. I'm experiencing so many new things because of my weight loss. All of this including loose skin is an accomplishment.

I tend to look in the mirror a lot more, just trying to come to terms with my body and respect it at every step down.

I can cross my legs. I don't feel stuffy with the seatbelt on. I can walk for long periods of time without being winded. I don't feel embarrased to be out and about without a hoodie. This is a big one for me because I was constantly hiding behind hoodies and loose clothing items and now I like to buy clothes that actually fit and show off the figure that I'm gaining.

You know watchoutforthatcar, I think that you completely understand the reason why I created this thread--to embrace and share the amazement of this wonderful transformation we are going through! Not that others didn't, but you said exactly what I feel as well.

I am looking at the mirror a lot more (not that I didn't before, but I did it for different reasons, just to see my flaws). Now I'm looking at the mirror to see my body change and to embrace it, and the little changes it's going through. I need to do that. I need to fall in love with my body once and for all and gain the confidence that adults are supposed to have. I have a friend in her late thirties who has the lack of confidence of a teenager and honestly, as much as I love her, I couldn't stand living with myself that way.

One thing I'm loving is that t-shirts and some boyfriend pants I bought last summer are fitting so lose! I love it! I'm super excited! Maybe this summer I'm not going to be hiding under layers and layers of clothing to conceal this fat roll and that bulge. Maybe this summer I will actually enjoy summer in a swimsuit. Maybe this summer I will actually like summer, which is HUGE because I always hated it and as a consequence, was very miserable (and now living in Texas, that means that I'm miserable like 9 months of the year LOL).
Old 08-09-2014, 10:42 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 305/154.6/???

Height: 5ft 3

I'm not sure if this belongs here (probably not ), but I remembered how we talked about the "epitome of femininity" on this thread and this kind of falls in the same vein for me:
I got a new pair of jeans today - and they are button fly jeans. Button fly! Not a zipper to be found.
I'm not sure how things are elsewhere in the world ( ), but around here button flies just don't happen in plus size clothing. All the plus size pants I have ever seen were zipper flies.
So, to me, button flies kind of became the "epitome of regular size clothing". And I now own a pair of those pants! And I fit into them, and they fit onto me!
JenteIsving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 11:13 AM   #12  

Height: 6-1.5

Nothing was working with me diet wise until I bit the bullet and went "dietary vegan" about a month ago. I don't have a scale working at the moment, but I can really see changes starting to occur. I had a big watermellon tummy above the belly button. That is gradually flattening out. My legs no longer get bloated by the end of the day. I've lost at least one chin. My arms and back seem to be losing weight the fastest. My pants are sliding off. Oh, I can actually crouch, and get up from a kneeling position! That is just after a month! I am 54, but losing weight at my age is the same as losing weight at any age.

I am going to stick with this all the way. I really think it was the cheese and dairy that was doing me in, because I am not a big sweets lover. I could eat a one pound block of cheese over a one day period easily. Also salty chips (Crisps). Corn chips, Fritos, Doritos, potato chips especially Ruffles. Those are my worst addictions. I still have them occasionally, but will buy only vending machine size packs and will not keep them in the house!
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 02:16 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 244/see ticker/150

Height: 5ft3 ish

My downsizing! That I can put a pair of 16's on and they fit…every time. Not a 22 yuck my rings are rolling around on my finger. ( need resizing these are my wedding bands) and my legs!! Was propped up in bed reading with my legs tucked up and they looked thin!? Who knew? Lol
cheddahcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 10:37 AM   #14  

Height: 6-1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddahcat View Post
My downsizing! That I can put a pair of 16's on and they fit…every time. Not a 22 yuck my rings are rolling around on my finger. ( need resizing these are my wedding bands) and my legs!! Was propped up in bed reading with my legs tucked up and they looked thin!? Who knew? Lol

That's my goal from 22 to 16. 14 would be more than better. I'm over 6 foot tall, so a 14 would make me look very slim. The picture in my avitar is me in a 16.
giselley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2014, 12:11 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 432/180/200

Height: 5'11

Thanks for the post as i feel the same. Big kudos on your progress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by watchoutforthatcar View Post

TheSatinPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote