Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend Chat Sat 2/22 - Sun 2/23/2014

lisa32989
02-22-2014, 06:00 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

lisa32989
02-22-2014, 06:19 AM
Sometimes those last few posts from the wee hours of the day before don't get seen so I've quoted them here

Good morning everyone. I began phase 1 on Monday at 229. I am down to 223.4, so 5.6lbs gone this week. I'm going to weigh in on Saturdays so I weighed early this week. Delighted with this. Have a great Saturday everyone.
Delightful!
I started IP Diet in January of 2011. Since then I have put back approximately 23 lbs. Which is not too bad, yet not too good. I resuming IP on Monday the 24th.

I've tried a couple of times to lose the weight but had little success in doing so. I made the descision to brush myself off and start a new! So I'm committed to sticking to the diet and making it work.

It will be tough! but I believe I can do it! Wish me luck...Will keep you posted.
A great quote from one of our maintainers (this is a paraphrase. I can't find the exact quote):
Being fat is hard
Losing weight is hard
Maintenance is hard
Pick your hard

I weighed in last night and was up .5, but had a loss of .75 inches. We decided to start phasing me off. The coach thought it would be good for me, and I am excited to do this. I am the smallest I have been since my wedding almost 32 years ago and mentally I think I am ready for the challenge that is maintenance.
Woo hoo! Time for the next challenge. See quote above. Maintenance is tough too but you can do it!!!! Those half lb fluctuations are normal and I'm so glad your coach saw it.

drd1961
02-22-2014, 06:40 AM
Thanks! I really like my coach a lot. She was a former college swimmer, so she gets my need for chlorine!

I have to go paint on the set today and have no paint jeans. My daughter left a pair of her paint jeans here, and they fit! They are a bit low on the hips for my liking, but a big sweatshirt over them will help that.

sunflwr816
02-22-2014, 07:58 AM
Up early this morning to go shopping with my bridesmaids for bridesmaid's dresses. Can't believe we're 5.5 months away from the wedding!

IntheEvening
02-22-2014, 08:06 AM
I have my weigh in this morning and it's my TOM, and I just feel like not going. Anyone else feel like that during TOM?

getnlean
02-22-2014, 08:07 AM
Hello All,

I restarted I P Wednesday. I had such a terrible headache I missed a day and a half of work. Looking forward to feeling better.

Last year at this time I did I P and lost about 32 pounds. I felt so much better with the weight off. I phased off early because I never had the energy most people do in ketosis. Maintained until about September, then I reverted to bad habits. Once that happened, I could not stop myself, I ate everything in sight. I gained back all I had lost, plus gained another 20.

My coach is going to work with me so I feel better this time, maybe phase 2 after a month. Then I have to learn not to sabotage myself.

Have a great on plan weekend:)

Ruth Ann
02-22-2014, 08:16 AM
Congrats drd - you've done so great!

I have my weigh in this morning and it's my TOM, and I just feel like not going. Anyone else feel like that during TOM?

I don't have TOM any more but if I was you I would go weigh in anyway. For one, it will give you information on how your body responds to TOM and that's good info to have - in the future you can identify why you're gaining, stay the same, etc. if you know what's going on.

Second, remember that the scale is just a measure of that particular point in time - it has little to do with your overall progress. So if it shows you up or at the same weight today but overall you're going down you are having success!

Hang in there, it's not always easy and we don't always see the scale results we want but part of this is learning more about how our bodies react to certain events - TOM, injury, colds, certain foods, etc. Just don't get discouraged!

Hello All,

I restarted I P Wednesday. I had such a terrible headache I missed a day and a half of work. Looking forward to feeling better.

Last year at this time I did I P and lost about 32 pounds. I felt so much better with the weight off. I phased off early because I never had the energy most people do in ketosis. Maintained until about September, then I reverted to bad habits. Once that happened, I could not stop myself, I ate everything in sight. I gained back all I had lost, plus gained another 20.

My coach is going to work with me so I feel better this time, maybe phase 2 after a month. Then I have to learn not to sabotage myself.

Have a great on plan weekend:)

Obvious question - are you getting your salt in? I've seen the biggest cause of headaches in the first few days is missing the salt. I lick it right off my hand followed by a huge glass of water - works like a charm!

And congrats on restarting - it's not easy and you should be proud of yourself for doing it!

IntheEvening
02-22-2014, 08:23 AM
Congrats drd - you've done so great!

I don't have TOM any more but if I was you I would go weigh in anyway. For one, it will give you information on how your body responds to TOM and that's good info to have - in the future you can identify why you're gaining, stay the same, etc. if you know what's going on.

Second, remember that the scale is just a measure of that particular point in time - it has little to do with your overall progress. So if it shows you up or at the same weight today but overall you're going down you are having success!

Hang in there, it's not always easy and we don't always see the scale results we want but part of this is learning more about how our bodies react to certain events - TOM, injury, colds, certain foods, etc. Just don't get discouraged!

Thanks Ruth Ann!!!! I really needed that. :D

Ruth Ann
02-22-2014, 08:26 AM
Thanks Ruth Ann!!!! I really needed that. :D

:hug: Hang in there! You really are doing great!

getnlean
02-22-2014, 08:43 AM
Obvious question - are you getting your salt in? I've seen the biggest cause of headaches in the first few days is missing the salt. I lick it right off my hand followed by a huge glass of water - works like a charm!

And congrats on restarting - it's not easy and you should be proud of yourself for doing it![/QUOTE]

Yes,I did do the salt lick from the hand. It has not been easy, but I am feeling better this morning.

Thanks for your encouragement.

desertflwr
02-22-2014, 09:41 AM
Up early this morning to go shopping with my bridesmaids for bridesmaid's dresses. Can't believe we're 5.5 months away from the wedding!

How exciting!! I am currently in MA too for a few more months and it looks like you have a nice day to be out!!

TwoTots - I saw you posted yesterday and wanted to say Congratulations!!

Hi everyone-

I am new and will be starting IP tomorrow - first time ever! I had planned to start earlier in the week, but was sick with a little bit of everything! But I am ready to go for tomorrow :)

Hope you all have a great day!! :hug:

stephascope
02-22-2014, 09:59 AM
drd - congrats on being done with Ph1! You might just lose those few pounds to reach your goal doing Ph2. Well done :D I hope you stick around during your maintenance. I enjoy reading your posts.

IntheEvening
02-22-2014, 10:05 AM
Just came back from weigh in depite feeling bloated. I lost another 1.6.

https://unsee.cc/pomiza/

Can anyone explain to me why my measurements are smaller than the first time I was on IP, even though I'm at a higher weight. I'm so puzzled about this.

vachinyc
02-22-2014, 11:00 AM
My daughter left a pair of her paint jeans here, and they fit!

Drd Congrats on phasing AND on the jeans! :broc:

Hi everyone-
I am new and will be starting IP tomorrow - first time ever! I had planned to start earlier in the week, but was sick with a little bit of everything! But I am ready to go for tomorrow :)

Desertflwr Welcome and good luck. IP is great and this community is awesome!

IntheEvening Congrats! 1.6 is great. As you know, the bloating will come and go. And it's not fat :)

Congrats TwoTots!

Hi to all: I've been a little MIA for the last two weeks. Work and personal travel 11 of the last 14 days! I've tried to log in and read but haven't had as much time to post. I've missed it.

Excited to report that Phase 2 went well with only a few travel-related hiccups (2 p1 days given logistics) so now I am moving to Phase 3. In phase 2 the biggest challenge was lunches out...it's sometimes hard to get the full 8oz of protein unless you are getting a burger or steak. So I tried to have extra protein at dinner and/or with snack.

Phase 3 boggles the mind. Big breakfasts! It almost feels like too many choices. I have a bunch of reading and re-reading to do and a big grocery store run. I did buy the IP meal replacement shakes to have as a backup if I'm having a crazy morning.

I donated another 3.9 pounds this morning. (It's a two-week number since I wasn't here last week) Yippee! Nice inches loss this time too. 3.875 inches this week for a total of 44.625. Sweet!

For any of you who may get discouraged that it isn't moving fast enough...I'm here to tell you...be patient, it works. My weekly average is 2.41 which some might find low. Let me just say that it got me to 65 pounds gone. 65. I can barely believe it.

It's a beautiful sunny day here so I'm going to try to get in a walk. Hope you all have a wonderful IP weekend!

nolasmurf
02-22-2014, 11:56 AM
Hello all, hope ya'll are well. Things are okay here. Personal issues are slowing becoming better. My honey and I have had a rough few weeks. But we are staying strong and moving past it all. I've been slipping, so today I am committing to 100%. One day at a time.

I've been reading the threads. Thank you to you ladies for being strong when I couldn't. :hugs:

desertflwr
02-22-2014, 12:00 PM
I have to go paint on the set today and have no paint jeans. My daughter left a pair of her paint jeans here, and they fit! They are a bit low on the hips for my liking, but a big sweatshirt over them will help that.

That is fantastic!! :carrot:

Desertflwr Welcome and good luck. IP is great and this community is awesome

Thanks so much - you have done a fantastic job!! :dancer:

Slipfree
02-22-2014, 12:13 PM
drd, yay for Phase II! Congratulations!!!

Nola, glad things are getting better. Hoping that you feel OP strong all week.

Vachinyc- welcome home. Phase 3, so exciting.

Sunflower- have fun shopping for the dresses.

Finally (been in a major slow down, since mid Jan.) lost 4 pounds this WI! And... was taken off my Blood pressure med.,happy results this week.

desertflwr
02-22-2014, 12:32 PM
Finally (been in a major slow down, since mid Jan.) lost 4 pounds this WI! And... was taken off my Blood pressure med.,happy results this week.

That is fantastic!! Congratulations!! :woohoo:

sunflwr816
02-22-2014, 02:10 PM
Going out to dinner here tonight. What would you order OP? I'm thinking house salad no carrots/croutons with salmon?? http://latfortythree.com/dinner.php

Thanks! :)

IdealProteinNewbie
02-22-2014, 02:22 PM
Going out to dinner here tonight. What would you order OP? I'm thinking house salad no carrots/croutons with salmon?? http://latfortythree.com/dinner.php

Thanks! :)

Excellent job looking at the menu beforehand!

That's a good choice...I would omit the balsamic dressing and pickled onions, they may add sugar to the brine. Ask for lemon wedges and olive oil for dressing.

Steak is always a good option or the shrimp cocktail without the sauce.

sunflwr816
02-22-2014, 02:27 PM
Excellent job looking at the menu beforehand!

That's a good choice...I would omit the balsamic dressing and pickled onions, they may add sugar to the brine. Ask for lemon wedges and olive oil for dressing.

Steak is always a good option or the shrimp cocktail without the sauce.

Thanks! Didn't even think about the onions. And don't worry, I'll be smuggling in my WF in the purse!! :D

Cottnball2
02-22-2014, 02:27 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new to this site, but have been looking around for a few days :). I did IP last Feb/March, but stopped because of the costs. Now I'm back to wearing the "big girl jeans"! This time around I'm trying the alternatives, which are much less expensive! Hopefully I can figure out how to navigate the forum, it's already been such a big help! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

lighthouse101
02-22-2014, 02:33 PM
Drd

I donated another 3.9 pounds this morning. (It's a two-week number since I wasn't here last week) Yippee! Nice inches loss this time too. 3.875 inches this week for a total of 44.625. Sweet!

For any of you who may get discouraged that it isn't moving fast enough...I'm here to tell you...be patient, it works. My weekly average is 2.41 which some might find low. Let me just say that it got me to 65 pounds gone. 65. I can barely believe it.

It's a beautiful sunny day here so I'm going to try to get in a walk. Hope you all have a wonderful IP weekend!

Congrats on moving into p3! You're doing awesome!

kontesanera
02-22-2014, 03:34 PM
So I have a house full of 8 year old girls running around for my daughters birthday party. There is chips, candy, cupcakes, and pizza. For just a brief moment I almost reached for a nibble, but then I remembered that I am on IP and made IP dark chocolate pudding instead. LOL We have another birthday party this evening and I am not looking forward to it. Too many temptations in one day, I will be exhausted by the end of it.

MareDog37
02-22-2014, 04:45 PM
So I have a house full of 8 year old girls running around for my daughters birthday party. There is chips, candy, cupcakes, and pizza. For just a brief moment I almost reached for a nibble, but then I remembered that I am on IP and made IP dark chocolate pudding instead. LOL We have another birthday party this evening and I am not looking forward to it. Too many temptations in one day, I will be exhausted by the end of it.

Best of luck! I had twelve 15-16 yo here last night...cupcakes, chips, mozzarella sticks & pizza. I've been at it long enough where I just serve it up & walk away. You can do it!!

drd1961
02-22-2014, 04:55 PM
Thanks and as someone posted above. Stick too it. My weekly average is 2 a week and 1.65 inches a week. That is still faster than anything I have done before. And I have felt good the whole way so feel there is no reason I cannot live with this style of eating!

MareDog37
02-22-2014, 04:56 PM
WI today...down 26 lbs since starting just before Christmas, averaging 2.5 lbs a week. At this pace, will be at goal by early May, well before my son's June graduation.

NSVs today too...unplanned trip to a bakery with DH. He biked for 2.5 hours this morning (training for an Ironman), so he "earned" the splurge. Sat across the table enjoying my water while he ate half of his doughnut. The smell of the glaze in the store was incredible, but I didn't even have a nibble. The woman behind the counter asked how long until my diet was done & I said after 25 more pounds. She asked, "From where?" Kept my composure because all I wanted to do was laugh! I was wearing a long puffy winter coat - no way she could tell what I looked like underneath it!

drd1961
02-22-2014, 04:58 PM
Just got the mail. My son is older and had quit college without having successes. He went back to community college 1.5 years ago and his U of I acceptance to transfer to the U of I in physics just arrived. Goes to show you just keep trying to achieve a goal.

desertflwr
02-22-2014, 05:16 PM
Just got the mail. My son is older and had quit college without having successes. He went back to community college 1.5 years ago and his U of I acceptance to transfer to the U of I in physics just arrived. Goes to show you just keep trying to achieve a goal.

That's terrific!! Congratulations to all of you!! :)

mars735
02-22-2014, 05:49 PM

Congratulations!

desertflwr
02-22-2014, 07:20 PM
SURPRISE of the day (No, not a NSV) - I woke up this morning feeling terrible after dealing with two days of the flu. I hear talking on the front porch and I am confused.

I get up and see my oldest son who is in the military based in Hawaii on his way to deploying the first of March. He was bored last night when they shut the power off in his barracks for maintenance, so he drove out to the airport and jumped on a plane! Six hours later, he showed up at his fiancées Starucks as a surprise. THen they came by here.

What made my very happy was being able to get up and throw on a pair of size 14 jeans, boots and come out looking great - it has been many pounds since I saw him so I was glad to feel strong and confident when I saw him.

He goes back tomorrow and I think both his fiancée and I will be sad = he will not be able to return until the wedding in October.

What a wonderful surprise!! And how proud you must feel - in so many ways!!

blondie739
02-22-2014, 10:04 PM
Today was closet cleaning day! I ended up with a big ol stack of size 20 pants and 2xl shirts. I posted on one of the Facebook groups I'm on and within 20 mins, someone had come to pick them up! Feels good to get them out of my house and no longer use them as a safety net. I have lost this weight and I REFUSE to ever see those sizes again!! Tomorrow is my 8th weigh in and I'm hoping to hit 30 pounds lost.

ColoradoCarol
02-22-2014, 10:15 PM
Super day for me. I went shopping and got size 12 pants and large tops!!! I can't remember the last time I wore a 12.

So excited. Just makes me want to continue losing and get into smaller sizes. I already feel so much better physically than I did 70+ pounds ago.

This is such a great plan. I love it. This is the most successful I have ever been on a diet. I am so determined to get to maintenance (I never got to maintenance on other plans or just figured I could do it myself)

Happy weekend everyone.

dlr9774
02-22-2014, 10:46 PM
Hello all, hope ya'll are well. Things are okay here. Personal issues are slowing becoming better. My honey and I have had a rough few weeks. But we are staying strong and moving past it all. I've been slipping, so today I am committing to 100%. One day at a time.

I've been reading the threads. Thank you to you ladies for being strong when I couldn't. :hugs:

Nolasmurf - I was 100% IP today and can relate to your post, Thank you for sharing!:)

sarahBell
02-22-2014, 11:01 PM
Ok most of you know this week has been nothing more than an emotional roller coaster for me. With my grandpa passing away Monday and the visitation and funeral yesterday and today, I was a basket case to say the least.

We had a blizzard like no other thrusday and early Friday. And I had to decide to take the risk and make the trip to Iowa Friday not having a clear road condition report or leave early this AM.

I decided for all of us that leaving today would be best. We scooted out at 6:30am and got there at 10:15 or so and the service was over. I jumped out of our car because I seen the casket being brought out of the funeral home to the hurse. I just broke down. I walked in the door and unlce just hugged me to tight, then mom, dad, sis and cousins all came over. I went to find dh when my other unlce and mom were in the limo got out and opened the door for me to ride with them. We got to the cemetery and the shelter was up for us to go into out of the wind, I just cried I did not get to say good by, I did not get to see him one last time. my unlce and cousin just gave me the biggest hugs. I have a white rose from the flowers on the casket :(

At the luncheon I seen people who I have not seen in years. One NSV that came about all of this is the compliments on how good I looked :)

My moms oldest bro told me how beautiful I was (in all of their eyes my sis and I were and always will be beautiful and they always told us that all the time) and he thanked dh for taking care of me and the kids :)

and my unlce who is 6 years older than moi told me how good I lloked and there was a lot less of me than the last time he saw me :rofl:

Then we made the rounds to other peoples houses for visits them home.

I am emotionally tapped out, I ate terrible and I feel like crud so off to bed for me :)

Deana509
02-23-2014, 01:56 AM
Sarahbell - sorry to hear about your emotional roller coaster week... You have a lot of support here, and I know you will be strong, and will be ok!

Deana509
02-23-2014, 01:58 AM
Just wanted to post a quick update.... I am the most blessed person on the planet... I havent felt this much gratitude in a very long time... Some people have really blessed me, including someone buying me some new clothes for professional development (interviews, networking, etc), and I feel great in my body currently, even though I know I have a long way to go still :)

shrinkingsusie
02-23-2014, 07:32 AM
Weird random question..

For the last few days my husband has been saying I smell differently. Lol he said my skin smells like deli meat... haha so random I know. I haven't switched body wash (except adding in my sugar collagen scrub) and I still shower daily. Could it be toxins leaving the body? I can't smell anything and I wouldn't even know what to research. Any help? Lol

Ps: Go Canada Go!

Hiker88
02-23-2014, 07:51 AM
Weird random question..

Ps: Go Canada Go!

Well I missed all but the last five minutes of the first period but 5:30am is early enough to get up.... so far so good!

Ruth Ann
02-23-2014, 07:55 AM
Deana - you are doing so great!

shrinkingsuzie - I'll bet the sugar scrub reminds him of ham cooking - there always seems to be a sugar smell when it's cooking (especially when done with a glaze that includes brown sugar or syrup, etc.).

Hiker88
02-23-2014, 08:05 AM
I'm so used to the scale moving down regularly that I was a little surprised to see it go up almost two pounds yesterday and only come down half a pound this morning.... was a little annoyed but looked at the calendar and realized I may be PMS'ing... can't think of another reason... so as usual I'm just staying OP and we'll see what happens on Tuesday (my weigh in day)

shrinkingsusie
02-23-2014, 08:36 AM
I did some googling and found some articles that said when you have too many ketones in the body you usually pee the excess out, but they can also come out through your pores causing a sweet smell. Guess I need to up my water so I pee more. :p

Hiker88
02-23-2014, 08:51 AM
I did some googling and found some articles that said when you have too many ketones in the body you usually pee the excess out, but they can also come out through your pores causing a sweet smell. Guess I need to up my water so I pee more. :p

Interesting! Thanks for the info

vachinyc
02-23-2014, 09:19 AM
Just wanted to post a quick update.... I am the most blessed person on the planet... I havent felt this much gratitude in a very long time... Some people have really blessed me, including someone buying me some new clothes for professional development (interviews, networking, etc), and I feel great in my body currently, even though I know I have a long way to go still :)

Aww...congrats Deana. Both on your progress and on having the savvy to feel and share your gratitude. I'm so happy for you. It's great when people see something in you that makes them want to help. Love that. Keep the spark. You go girl!

vachinyc
02-23-2014, 09:23 AM
Super day for me. I went shopping and got size 12 pants and large tops!!! I can't remember the last time I wore a 12.

So excited. Just makes me want to continue losing and get into smaller sizes. I already feel so much better physically than I did 70+ pounds ago.

This is such a great plan. I love it. This is the most successful I have ever been on a diet. I am so determined to get to maintenance (I never got to maintenance on other plans or just figured I could do it myself)

Happy weekend everyone.

CONGRATS!! You've been working hard and I'm really happy for you that you're getting some positive reinforcement. I feel the same way. It's so wonderful to SUCCEED with this. I feel like it's changing my life as a whole, not just my weight. Keep it up!

Slipfree
02-23-2014, 10:06 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Susie, I definitely had a body smell during my 2/3 week of IP and I am not someone that even sweats. It did go away. Water sounds like a helpful solution. Poor hubby, price he has to pay for a healthy, skinny wife.

Deanna, how wonderful that your kind spirit is being rewarded. You deserve it.

Vachinyc- happy for you that your whole world is changing. You have continued to work on your self and life is blooming, very inspiring.

Carol, you are so dedicated, I am glad that NSVs are coming your way.

Dlr, great job on the 100% OP. You are getting the job done.

Blondie, so nice to be rid of the larger sizes and to have them out of the house. Never going back is a great message for our minds.

Desertflwr- thank you for your kind support yesterday. Coming off BP Meds was the reason I started IP and to have it happen was a dream come true.

RosiePosie101
02-23-2014, 10:12 AM
I made the crispy cereal pancakes this morning. AMAZING! It's funny because I tend to eat the same IP packets during the week but I really like mixing it up in the weekends and putting more effort into cooking different things.

I was just doing some calcs and i worked out that I have lost 9% of my body weight. That is 9% less that I have to carry around and 9% less weight on my knees! Looking forward to those percentages increasing even more!!!

IPMaryD
02-23-2014, 10:20 AM
Hi all-- I love this weekend thread, I feel like I get to catch up with everyone. I had the craziest week, and did my best to stay on plan! One of my co-workers told me about the secret menu at panera,with a few adjustments that made my week easier. Congrats to so many successes on an off the scale, and for coming back for another week to everyone!

ColoradoCarol
02-23-2014, 11:07 AM
CONGRATS!! You've been working hard and I'm really happy for you that you're getting some positive reinforcement. I feel the same way. It's so wonderful to SUCCEED with this. I feel like it's changing my life as a whole, not just my weight. Keep it up!

Thank you vachinyc. I have been working hard. The scale hasn't been showing as big of,losses as I would like recently so it was nice to have a NSV. My coach has said that my losses will slow down because I am closer to goal (about 30 lbs from the top end of my goal range).

athena4791
02-23-2014, 11:55 AM
Happy Saturday! Hope you're all well.

nolasmurf
02-23-2014, 02:33 PM
Hi all, spending the morning with my love before I head out to work. I'll be host ingot he Eagles concert tonight. Kinda excited. Yes they are before "my time" but I've always enjoyed their music.

NSV wearing size 10 pants and a medium sized shirt :)
About 8 and some change lbs to go to goal.

ReenHag
02-23-2014, 02:49 PM
Wow, lots to address this weekend! The boards are hoppin'!

Can anyone explain to me why my measurements are smaller than the first time I was on IP, even though I'm at a higher weight. I'm so puzzled about this.

Congrats on the loss! Your higher weight could be due to increased muscle mass.

Well done, especially with all the traveling! Thinking of you as you phase off!

Thinking of you. Glad things are improving.

That is some GREAT news! Congrats on being able to stop the meds!

Hello everyone! I'm new to this site, but have been looking around for a few days :). I did IP last Feb/March, but stopped because of the costs. Now I'm back to wearing the "big girl jeans"! This time around I'm trying the alternatives, which are much less expensive! Hopefully I can figure out how to navigate the forum, it's already been such a big help! Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Best of luck with the alternatives. I have had great success using them- down almost fifty pounds since I started!

WI today...down 26 lbs since starting just before Christmas, averaging 2.5 lbs a week. At this pace, will be at goal by early May, well before my son's June graduation.

EXCELLENT! Congrats!

This is awesome news. Congrats to you and your son! Best of luck to him in his future endeavors.

Today was closet cleaning day! I ended up with a big ol stack of size 20 pants and 2xl shirts. I posted on one of the Facebook groups I'm on and within 20 mins, someone had come to pick them up! Feels good to get them out of my house and no longer use them as a safety net. I have lost this weight and I REFUSE to ever see those sizes again!! Tomorrow is my 8th weigh in and I'm hoping to hit 30 pounds lost.

I love this! It feels great getting rid of those too-big clothes. Good riddance!

Congrats! You are doing so well on this program! You are certainly an inspiration to others of us here on the boards.

Ok most of you know this week has been nothing more than an emotional roller coaster for me. With my grandpa passing away Monday and the visitation and funeral yesterday and today, I was a basket case to say the least.

You have been in my thoughts the past few days. Take care of yourself. :hug:

Congrats on your progress, and thanks for sharing your positive, grateful outlook. Best of luck on your interviews, too!

Happy Saturday! Hope you're all well.

:D Love this! Wish it was still Saturday! :D

Hi all, spending the morning with my love before I head out to work. I'll be host ingot he Eagles concert tonight. Kinda excited. Yes they are before "my time" but I've always enjoyed their music.

NSV wearing size 10 pants and a medium sized shirt :)
About 8 and some change lbs to go to goal.

Great NSV's. Enjoy the concert, too (as much as you can while working).

Enjoying a fairly relaxing weekend around here. Finishing up lesson plans today and some grading. We got some bad news re: hubby's job last week, so it has been stressful, but I think it will all work out. Otherwise, I am feeling pretty positive. Got workouts in this weekend and down another pound and a half this morning. Trying some new recipes to avoid burnout- hubby made veggie frittata last night...YUM! Stuffed peppers are on for tonight, with enough extra for a few more dinners. (He works some weeknights, so it helps to make extra, since I am definitely NOT a cook!)

Here's to a great week for all! Spring is coming!!!

~Renee

Bellamack
02-23-2014, 03:34 PM
Such Great things happening :)

I LOVE the EAGLES, say "Hi" to Glenn for me. lol

jendilly
02-23-2014, 06:32 PM
This has been a very interesting weekend for me. I had my best friend visiting. I took her out to dinner after watching her son compete at the state diving meet. I stayed on plan...no drinks, no dessert, just protein and veggies. However, that evening, we got home so late, I was just not ready to eat my 3rd packet. Then the next day, I had a teen pageant in the morning, followed by more state diving, followed my a Miss pageant and then dinner out with everyone super late. I got home about 1am. I ate my protein and veggies out with everyone at about 11pm. Again, no 3rd packet for the day. I generally have it as a "dessert" in the evening, but with 2 late nights in a row...I hope I'm not too messed up. Got my water in and I think most of my veggies and protein, just 2 packets the last 2 days. Hope to get back on track today...and going forward.

I feel like when I mess up on plan, it's not be eating what I'm not supposed to or "cheating", it's by not eating enough. Not getting enough veggies, or missing a packet. It's been such an off week for me with traveling and then this busy weekend.

kontesanera
02-23-2014, 06:35 PM
Do you ever feel that you should be awarded with a drop in weight after avoiding major temptation to eat junk? I stayed OP yesterday even though I had a party at my house during the day and then attended another party where there were at least 10 different kinds of home made pastries, on top of major dinner. I ate my file of sole and broccoli prior to going there so I was not hungry arriving at the party. I must admit that I was exhausted fielding drinks and numerous offers of food. Drank two bottles of water and 1 herbal tea :)

ColoradoCarol
02-23-2014, 07:47 PM
ReenHag - I don't think of myself as an inspiration, but thanks. I have gotten so much information, inspiration and support from this site, I am unable to measure it.

Thanks to all.

dlr9774
02-23-2014, 08:22 PM
Deana and Slipfree - thank you for your support and insight and sharing on this sight. I had a good OP day which is right now - day for day to get myself over a small hump and into ketosis again. I am planning for success this week, I have my stir fry made, and peppers and celery in baggies ready for grab and go. I also did some Chicken breasts in the oven so they are ready to eat after work!

I just love the IP vanilla Ready made drink with coffee and stevia - Just like an "Canadian" Tim Hortin's Ice Cap! A must try for you all. Blend it up and even add spinach (you won't taste the spinach) but turns smoothy a tinch of green.

WAY TO GO CANADIAN MEN's and WOMAN's Curling and Hockey, bringing home 4 GOLD.

ReenHag
02-23-2014, 09:27 PM
I just love the IP vanilla Ready made drink with coffee and stevia - Just like an "Canadian" Tim Hortin's Ice Cap! A must try for you all. Blend it up and even add spinach (you won't taste the spinach) but turns smoothy a tinch of green.

Sounds like an appropriate green treat for St. Patrick's Day coming up! Green smoothies for everyone! :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:

Have a great week!