Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss - Loose skin and dreaded stretch marks.....

donijo23
02-22-2014, 01:03 AM
Ok, so I have been thinking about something since I took my lovely before pictures. :( I have been over weight for a good 12-14 years now, is it possible for the skin to go back to where it belongs. Also what is best for stretch marks. because I am noticing mine are awful. Especally when I took those horrible photos.

:df:

amandie
02-22-2014, 11:37 AM
Nothing you can do about stretch marks, they are basically (battle) scars. Same with the skin, only time (after you reach maintenance and stay there for a good period of time like 1-2 years or more, depending) and genetics will tell. You cannot exercise the skin to make it shrink, only the muscles underneath which help the appearance somewhat.

You really should check this thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/body-image-issues-after-weight-loss/277894-i-have-idea-involving-loose-skin-calling-maintainers.html#post4676172) out on here. It may or may not help you but it sure helped me. My pics are on there too.

Underwater
02-23-2014, 03:52 PM
I just had tummy tuck surgery and my stretch marks are still there, loud and proud. I also call them my battle scars, along with my bat wings, which I am not planning to fix with surgery.

CherryPie99
02-23-2014, 04:38 PM
I was also lucky enough to have abdominoplasty. But I also have a TON of stretch marks, loads of excess thigh skin and many other imperfections.

And with all that, I look a MILLION times better and am 1000X healthier then when I was fat!!

donijo23
02-23-2014, 10:04 PM
Thanks for replying!

Amandie thanks for the thread! it is great. You look great as well!

I had a tummy tuck after my third child, I didn't want it but my husband (ex) insisted. I had a horrible surgeon. So my scar is too high because it was done at the same time as my hysterectomy. I still have quite a few stretch marks, but Those I am so proud of because it is from my kids!

I know that you cant get rid of stretch marks, but I wish there was something I could do to lighten them besides waiting for them to do it on there own.

:df: