Old 02-21-2014, 12:00 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 188/198/135

Height: 5'2"

Default Not feeling hungry?

Hey guys! I just started on Adkins 4 days ago and it's going really well. I don't have cravings for anything. The only problem I've run into is I never feel hungry until I feel about ready to pass out. Is that normal? Yesterday my stomach never growled or did anything, I could have kept going except I felt so dizzy, then ate and felt better.
Also has anyone heard of Sugar Free Sheila? She's my main resource, besides the book, and I've found her super helpful.
CarrieElizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #2  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarrieElizabeth View Post
Hey guys! I just started on Adkins 4 days ago and it's going really well. I don't have cravings for anything. The only problem I've run into is I never feel hungry until I feel about ready to pass out. Is that normal? Yesterday my stomach never growled or did anything, I could have kept going except I felt so dizzy, then ate and felt better.
Also has anyone heard of Sugar Free Sheila? She's my main resource, besides the book, and I've found her super helpful.
While not feeling hungry is one of the benefits of Atkins, not feeling hungry until you feel about ready to pass out, is not. If you are feeling dizzy and feel better after you eat, I would say you are going too long in between meals allowing your blood sugar to drop.
Yes, I've heard of Sugar Free Sheila. She has some great recipes

JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 01:58 PM   #3  

Dizzyness can also be a symptom of electrolyte imbalance. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water and getting enough salt.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:51 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/237/140

Height: 5'3"

Where did everyone find these scales that show your weight loss?
dmurphy48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 04:36 PM   #5  
Butterflygal7373

S/C/G: 148/144/137

Height: 5'4"

I am on day 3 and I was shaky today, belky kinda rumbling but I felt no desire to eat. I had to force myself to eat. Went and got some ketone sticks. Day 3 and I am very high in ketosis already. I am extremely thirsty and theres a bad flavor in my mouth. I am assuming this is all normal. Glad to hear your similiar.
butterflygal7373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:02 PM   #6  

I found that you can eat sugar free popsicles and fat-free jello cups. It is something sweet that might help and it will give you some of the required carbs. I find I have been below my 20 in Phase 1 and they recommend you do not go below 17 daily. I drink ice tea all day which has helped with the hunger and I eat cheddar cheese as a snack as well.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:19 PM   #7  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurphy48 View Post
I found that you can eat sugar free popsicles and fat-free jello cups. It is something sweet that might help and it will give you some of the required carbs. I find I have been below my 20 in Phase 1 and they recommend you do not go below 17 daily. I drink ice tea all day which has helped with the hunger and I eat cheddar cheese as a snack as well.
If you're doing Atkins Induction, sugar-free popsicles are not permitted. Jello (sugar free) is permitted but, read labels and check what sweetener is used. If its Splenda, you're good...if it isn't, you can make your own sugar-free jello using Splenda. Sugar-free, fat-free jello pudding cups are not permitted. You also need to be mindful of iced tea. If its just plain tea you brewed yourself from tea bags and sweetened with Splenda, its fine. If its a mix, look at the ingredients, maltodextrin & aspartame are no-no's. There is also a limit on cheese, no more than 3-4 ozs. Many find this to be too much and that it stalls their weight loss.
Remember, on Induction 12-15 of your 20 net carbs for the day should be coming from veggies & salads on the acceptable foods list.

Last edited by JerseyGyrl; 06-05-2014 at 08:22 PM.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:45 AM   #8  
It is what it is...

When I first started in induction I felt bad for about two weeks...I was light headed, sick to my stomach a lot, and EXTREMELY thirsty ...but after about three weeks this all started to go away and I felt pretty good...now for some reason I do still have days where I sometimes have to force myself to eat, don't have much of an appetite...but being a diabetic I know I have to eat so I power thru it.
Stick with it, you'll feel better soon. And don't wait so long to eat.
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:32 PM   #9  

I brew my tea and use sweetner. I lost 5 lbs in 4 days and I am having trouble getting in 17 carbs a day which I know is the minimum. Week 2 starts Monday. Thanks for the information! I appreciate it!
Old 06-06-2014, 03:07 PM   #10  
Larry's Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmurphy48 View Post
I brew my tea and use sweetner. I lost 5 lbs in 4 days and I am having trouble getting in 17 carbs a day which I know is the minimum. Week 2 starts Monday. Thanks for the information! I appreciate it!
Check out Linda's Low Carb site. There are TONS of recipes ( the Induction friendly ones are marked with an * ) and she even has menu ideas. Its a great site and very helpful to those of us on Atkins.
All the best to you!!

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html