Chicks up for a Challenge - W.O.W. Women on WEED Spring is Near Challenge!

jcatron243
02-19-2014, 12:10 PM
Women on WEED!!

For any newbies, the traditional copy and paste:

Women on... WHAT??

Okay, let me explain that "Women on WEED" is not what you might be thinking. During previous challenges, a group of us formed a great bond, and we've been challenge buddies ever since. We use the word "WEED" as a mnemonic device to set daily goals, an easy and very specific way to remind yourself during your day to take care of your body, and to nurture your Mind, Mouth and Muscles... it really does help. After all, we are all taking this a day at a time, right?

If you join this challenge, you will see it often - and you are encouraged to give it a try. Here's what it stands for:

W - Water intake. Set a daily goal for how much water you're going to drink. Although there is conflicting research as to how much to actually consume in a day, we all agree it is important to drink lots to stay healthy. So make it a goal!

E - Exercise. Efficient, healthy weight loss isn't going to happen unless you incorporate some kind of physical activity in your life. Everyone does it differently; some go to the gym, some work out at home, and some find ways to sneak in little bits of exercise all throughout the day. Set yourself a goal, even if it's small. Little bits done often WILL add up over time!

E - Eats. Being that we all have different eating plans and weight loss philosophies, this is sort of a wild card. Whatever plan you're on, set yourself a plan-appropriate daily eating goal for the day. Don't forget to make it specific!

D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! This is the spot where you list something you want to get accomplished. Or, you can use "D" for a a daily affirmation - it's an opportunity to say something good and positive about yourself. Sometimes, when we fall short - and we ALL do sometime - we are tempted to berate ourselves. Although it's good to recognize when we don't reach our goals, it's also good to remind ourselves of the awesome parts of ourselves. So go ahead and remind yourself of that in the "D" part of WEED.

Well here it is! Jump right in, tell us about yourselves, your goals, your home lives, your healthy plan, etc. We LOVE newbies! And we LOVE our regulars! Welcome back!

jcatron243
02-19-2014, 12:30 PM
Hi! I'm Jeni, Wife, and mother of two. Mak is 10 and Tommy is 8. I spent a long time losing weight after my kids were born. I went from 199lbs down to about 135. Using WEED. Then about four years ago I had an on the job injury, followed by depression. I gained weight. July 22, 2013 I was at 180 and decided enough was enough. I committed to working out and calorie counting and it has paid off.

I decided that I was not going to make the same mistakes I made last time. In order to get to 135 I was working out 3 hours a day~3 days a week 1 hour ~ day 4 days a week, and only eating 1200 calories. That weight was not maintainable for me. I wanted a weight that was manageable for me.

I set my goal at losing 30 pounds by March 8. (Annual family vacation). My plan was (and still is)
W 80-100 oz
E 35 minute run on workdays (I work 12 hour shifts, on my feet all day) and 60minute + run on my days off.
E 1350 calories (I am at 1300 cals now) I don't eat bread/pasta/rice/potatoes at night. I guess its known as "the no white at night" diet.
D~I can do it. (I went through some marital issues that really screwed with my head and self esteem that I am still working on now.)

I do weigh in everyday, but I only count my official W/I on the 22 of each month.

My stats:
July 22~180
August 22~172.8
September 22~160.8 (I am not proud of this weightloss month because I was going through a lot emotionally and not eating at all. I also didn't workout much, so I didn't earn it. But it has stayed off)
October22~150.2
November 22~149.8
December 23~151.6
January ~~~145.2 At this W/I I had lost just about 35 pounds! More than my goal. Maintainable so far, I am continuing on with my plan. If I lose more great, if not great! I am still setting fitness goals, and enjoying my new way of eating. I have one more W/I before my vacation. (its in 4 days). Then my "final" w/I will be on March 7. Don't worry I still plan on being here with my WEED gals and setting my goals and staying accountable for my maintenance program!

I recently (like two weeks ago) started drinking green smoothies. I am so in love with them. My energy level has increased so much AND my skin is looking amazing!

We, on this challenge bored talked about maybe doing the Tinkerbell half marathon next year at Disneyland. Whether we do it or not, I have decided to train for the half. My longest distance so far has been 8.32 miles. Then I caught a cold and am still in the process of bringing my stamina back up. My normal 65 minute run has been about 5.25 miles.

I really need to start doing some toning work. Build muscle. I may weigh more, or the same but I will still be shrinking in size.

Todays:
W: 80 oz
E: really hoping to do a long run today but my goal is atleast 65 minutes******I'm editing this to post my run 2 hours 9.5 miles!! :carrot:******
E 1300 cals
D back to toning work. My goal for this challenge is to do a five to ten minute toning workout everyday!

Okay~ That's me.

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-19-2014, 10:50 PM
Hi fellow weeders! I am Carma. Wife and mother of 2. Zach age 11 Gabby age 9. I have been married to my DH for 19 years this may. I am a nurse who currently gets paid to watch people exercise in Cardio-pulmonary rehab. I did many years in critical care working 12 hour shifts. The kids are now old enough so I now have the ability for a Monday-Friday job. No weekends no holidays.
I started my weight loss journey last January, 2 months after my Mother was diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer. My mother had hated me gaining weight and it was a topic of constant criticism from her. My father died of a massive heart attack when I was almost 19. Since I was 41 with a BMI of 40.8 and had started my new less stress job in Cardiac rehab, I started calorie counting and adding exercise in. I lost 54 lbs last year (Low of 198.9) but gained 18lbs back when my MIL passed away in December. My Mom passed away in June.
I am back calorie counting and am now a fitbit user. I have started training for a 5K which will be March 9th. I have completed week 8 Day 1.
Current weight as of this morning 209.2. I need to measure myself soon to see what happens with inches.
My weed for this week
W 100oz
E 300 minutes minimum/13000 steps a day
E 1720 calories. Today was a fail.
D: It's not the destination, it's the journey that you need to pay attention to.

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-19-2014, 10:56 PM
Diana: Will gladly send moisture your way. Now if you can just get mother nature to commit. Someone from my Yoga class just went to San Diego and she said it rained most of the days she was there. I've always wanted to see Portland maybe I could jet out there. Lol.

Jeni: I can't believe how disciplined you are on your runs. Great job. Feeling the mid month hormonal pain eating. I have just over 1 week to get back on track. Goal was 204 by the end of the month.

Mavis: Hope your husbands bday was good. Thanks for the news on Kris.

Mindy: I too am done with snow. Ugh. Next year I am buying snow shoes or cross country ski's.

Kris: I am sorry about your grandfather. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

mtiger
02-20-2014, 08:25 AM
Jeni- Thanks for the new thread. You have done awesome with your weight loss. You might want to do some weight training and build some beautiful muscle. Plus it is kind of fun...reaching new goals.

Carma- Sometimes life throws us that one two punch. You have done great getting right back up and moving on, taking care of yourself. Good luck with the 5K. Will you be running in snow??

Following my workout from bodybuilding.com and my new eating plan is from a book called one, one, one. One carb, one protein and one fat at each meal. Balance is the key. I am sore in arms and chest and have lost a few pounds. Maybe this will work.

For those who dont know me my name is Mindy, I married my high school sweetheart almost 3 years ago. We have 4 grown kids between us and one grandbaby. YIKES!! I teach 4th grade in Mich. Done with winter this year.

jcatron243
02-20-2014, 11:13 AM
Carma~ mid-cycle gains and munchies always bother me because I should have more control over myself, but I don't. I guess as long as I continue to workout and eat right the rest of the time It should be okay.

Mindy~ I'm glad you have lost a few pounds! I hope this plan works for you! The last time around the block, I refused to weight train until I was in the "normal" weight category. I'm back there again and I know I need to get to the gym to weight train. When I am there with DH on Tuesday nights, I really should use him and have him help me around the free weights, but I don't. I can't use the gym treadmills for longer than 35 minutes (I have pushed it when it is slow). So I stay on my own treadmill and don't make it in. SO now that I have given my excuses, I plan on going into the gym today for a low/no impact workout and weights. Once I get in a routine I follow it!

Well I guess I am going to be DH's assistant coach for Tommy's basketball team. :) I am going to buy "Coaching Basketball for Dummies" I checked it isn't about coaching dummies. :) It is a co-ed team. It is going to be great!

I wasn't prepared for the hunger that came with my run yesterday. I ended up eating back what I burned plus my 1300 cals. I have to be okay with it, the hunger meant my body needed it, but next time I do a distance run I will make sure that I use extra protein after my run (I only used 3/4 of a scoop=22 grams of protein, added with everything else I got about 27 grams). I've been reading about post-run snacks, the one that comes up most is chocolate milk, but I am sticking to my smoothies.

My good friend told me she was joining the Y, and asked if I would show her "what works". I told her I would show her what works for me, but I am a terrible workout partner. I want my tunes and my space. I will absolutely go in to encourage her. Tell her my strategy for weight loss. I won't be able to be a permanent workout partner, but I will help her to begin with! The Y is offering a free 45 minute session of personal training, maybe we will take that!

W 80 oz
E 60 minutes~ thinking 45 cardio 15 weights *****Editing: I did about 50 minutes cardio then 15 minutes on the nautalis machines doing arms, then I came home for a 5 minute ab workout. **************
E 1300 cals
D Get to the gym, Do weights, NO EXCUSES!

jcatron243
02-21-2014, 06:34 AM
I hope everyone is well. I tried my hand at baking salmon last night. As much as I know that fish is good for you, my family doesn't like it. DH and I ate the salmon, but the kiddos protested and ended up with hotdogs. The salmon turned out very tasty. Next I am going to try to get my hubby to try Tilapia!

Workday:
W 64 oz
E 35 minute run/5 minute abs/5 minute legs
E 1300 cals
D 2 week countdown!!! Time to pull out shorts and tanks to see which ones fit!

mothermavis
02-21-2014, 08:25 AM
Morning! Thank you Jeni for the new thread! I'll be back on the weekend for intros!

W 100
E Day off, back is killing me this am, skipping my class, will likely run on the dreadmill tonight if it's better
E POP
D Positive vibes!

workinglikeadog
02-21-2014, 11:45 AM
Good Morning Ladies!

Hi fellow weeders, some things about myself. Farm lifestyle, artist, mother of graduating senior this June. I have been an emotional/entertainment eater and need encouragement to workout in the winter. I gained 8 pounds during the holidays (yikes) and need to shed those 8 plus probably an additional 4 to feel my best. I have been working most of my 59 years to not have food/weight issues. I am trying to go back to what I learned on JM's site about eating and exercise. I am writing down my food as if I have to show it to Jillian at the end of the day and don't want her to kick my butt. For exercise I am trying to work back into 4 days of intense training(either circuits or hiit training) and 2 days of lighter aerobic training. I'm not there yet but I'm a work in progress.

W- 50 oz of water.
E- Jillian circuit.
E- Write down & act as if showing to Jillian for approval.
D- I am a work in progress.

jcatron243
02-21-2014, 09:14 PM
What NOT to do~ skip your 2:00 snack and work through your break! two granola bars later (and a cup of coffee). I hope it doesn't bite me in the side during my run! On the positive side~I should still be at my calorie mark!

Have to share my excitement ~ my 2 yo niece who has been in foster care since July is FINALLY being reunited with my family. My Mom (who should have gotten her a long time ago) FINALLY was able to get her today! My mom opted to go the full foster care license route and not just for family which extended the whole process. So next weekend (I work this weekend) We are going to give her a birthday party and Christmas since we didn't get to see her. I would have taken her into my home very gladly, but my house doesn't pass inspection. (officially my house has two bedrooms, DH and I use a spare room that doesn't have a closet as our room, so it doesn't count as a real bedroom.) Now I just wish I didn't work tomorrow, I miss her so much!

jcatron243
02-22-2014, 06:33 AM
MM~I really hope you're back gets feeling better.

Diana~ what is hiit training?

July 22~180
August 22~172.8
September 22~160.8 (I am not proud of this weightloss month because I was going through a lot emotionally and not eating at all. I also didn't workout much, so I didn't earn it. But it has stayed off)
October22~150.2
November 22~149.8
December 23~151.6
January ~~~145.2
Febuary~~142.6

Lost a couple of pounds this month! That's pretty good. My food intake and workouts are definitely maintainable. I'm having trouble trying to figure out a good way to get weights and strength training into my workout. I don't want to give up my hour run, and I cant stay on the treadmill for an hour at the treadmill at the Y, do I run at home, then hop in the car and head to the Y? or cut back on my running and solely workout at the Y? I'm not sure how I will manage it, but I will. I am sure there will be a good compromise, I just haven't figured it out yet. I had a great workout last night! I didn't have enough time to do all of the weight circuit that I wanted too, but it was nice.

W 64 oz
E 35 minute run
E1500 cals~ it is carb night. I haven't added up the calories in our dinner yet, so I am going to over shoot it. (I hope)
D Stay calm~Stay positive~Control the Controlable

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-22-2014, 09:51 AM
Mindy: did a trainer come up with a plan at bodybuilding.com or did you just come up with something on your own? That's awesome on marrying your high school sweetheart later in life. lol I hope I am not running in the snow. Last night I ran my 28 minutes in the house with my iPod on my arm.

Diana: I like your write down for Jillian's approval. I google hiit workout and was pleased to find a free site. I am all about the free workout's that is why I do MFP for my diet. With this lousy weather I need an indoor workout alternative and am hesitant about joining a gym unless it is a month by month pay option.

Jeni: that is so great about your niece. Enjoy your belated holiday's. I wish we had a y near us. My closest is 45 minutes away.

Mavis: sorry to hear your back is sore. Lol on dread ill.

Kris: :hug: hope your back with us soon.

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-22-2014, 09:59 AM
Weed for weekend

W: 100 oz. only thing I have been consistently doing right.
E: going to try and get a 2 hr workout today & tomorrow. Hoping for 20000 steps both days. C25k w8d3& w9d1 should help that goal.
E: today is iffy for diet. Mystery food party. Tomorrow going to shoot for 1500 calories.
D: must record all food.
Scale was 208.8 this morning hope it isn't later weighing in trickery. I got 8 hrs sleep though. That must help.

Nixmom
02-22-2014, 12:22 PM
Morning Girls -

Still around, just working on life. As probably already know, my grandpa passed away (Feb 10). Funeral delayed until this coming Monday to allow family to get here and coordinate church and National Cemetary. THEN on Feb 14th my hubby's grandpa passed away. His services were Wednesday.

Needless to say, its been a rough couple weeks. I did sign up for WW again. I haven't done a good job of tracking just yet, but will go whole-hearted after Monday.

Still not in the new house, but we have been pushing through every extra minute to get it completed. I am pooped and just want it to be next weekend already. Something back to normal would be great.

Hope you all are well. If I can manage a glass of wine and some down time tonight, I'll be back to catch up on you! Thanks for your thoughts & prayers :hug::hug:

Kris

mothermavis
02-22-2014, 02:59 PM
Aw Kris, :hug: definitely a rough couple of weeks. Hope you are back soon. Good luck on the house!

Carma, You've done awesome with C25K, there is a free 10k app too if you decide you want to keep at it.

Jeni, Congrats on the loss and getting your niece back! Enjoy!

Mindy, How goes the new plan?

Working, Love me some Jillian! We had exercise TV for a while and I loved to do her workouts!

OK, so here I goes. I'm 47, ugh! Wife, mother and tired. I have also fought with my weight for as long as I can remember. Trying to get it done for the long haul. Want to get back down to something around 125 and then we will see. I work 2 jobs and take care of my 91 yr old father in law. Carving out "me" time is hard, but I get up and leave the house before 6 am so I can go to the Y before work. It works for me.

W 100
E Already ran for 45 minutes and did an upper body workout
E OP, green smoothie for breakfast and awesome Tuscan soup for lunch. Chicken something for dinner
D Keep making good choices

workinglikeadog
02-22-2014, 09:06 PM
Afternoon Ladies, this week has gone by fast with hope of spring in the wind!

Kris, February has been hard on your family to be sure and it must be unsettling to be in the middle of a house move at the same time - a lot is on your palette. Looking forward to more of you on this thread and getting to know you better.

Jeni, Congrats on the weight loss this month, AWESOME! HIIT is a form of cardio training that involves cycles of high intensity bursts and low to moderate intensity recovery. The ratio is usually 2:1. HIIT has many benefits, including burning more fat and calories. I own two Hiit dvd's by Amy Dixon that are very good and have various intensity levels for every exercise, so you can start whereever you are.

Carma, So you found some good sites on Hiit? Looks like youtube has some good workouts as well. I built up my dvd exercise videos cause I live in the country and use to have horrible internet speed plus no tv. We have better internet now so I guess I could exercise via internet now and old habits. I so love your Marsha Doble quote, that is me, lol.

MM, I have Jillian dvd's and lots of printed out circuits from when I was on her site. Her workouts do get the job done. I am so sore from exercising more and may be out of alignment too, darn kink in my side/back. I am so impressed with the level of your commitment to YOU. Two jobs and an elder to take care of, whew! I sure miss living near a Y and swimming year round. I grew up in Cincy, Ohio and was a fish from 5 to 18 years old, lol.

Mindy, Congrats on the few pounds loss, Yeah! I can so relate about being sore from lifting, mine in shoulders and back. Keep up the good work.

W- 50 oz of water, doing well on this.
E- 30 min aerobics this a.m. I have concluded next week my exercise time must increase, so will have new goals.
E- Write down & act as if showing to Jillian for approval(she would be asking me about my sweet tooth this week - birthday didn't help).
D- Evaluate each week and if it doesn't work, fix it!

jcatron243
02-23-2014, 06:41 AM
Kris~ :hug: I'm glad to see you. I hope you got some of that down time you were hoping for!

MM~sounds like you are doing great going to the Y! Glad you are trying the green smoothies too!

Carma~ Your mystery food party sounds interesting.

Diana~ So Hiit training is like interval training? I used to do something like that a long time ago. Maybe I will try that during some of my short runs.

Carb night~ We were supposed to have pizza casserole. Well DH found a recipie for Pizza egg rolls. He decided to make them to have with dinner, plus he wanted garlic bread. So we spent some time in the kitchen together, which was fun. I made the casserole, he made the egg rolls. However, after two egg rolls, I was stuffed. I tried to force down some of my pizza casserole, but that was a mistake. I went to bed so overwhelmingly full. We decided that when we go to Disneyland we were going to share meals so we weren't wasteful.

Today's smoothie isn't going to be the greatest, I added a bit too much cilantro. 2 people were going to try it too. Oh well I will have one tomorrow that they can try.

W 64oz!
E 35 minutes. I gave myself a day off yesterday.
E1300 cals
D Control the controllable (12 days!! til Disneyland!)

mothermavis
02-23-2014, 12:40 PM
I made a delicious smoothie this morning Jeni!
Spinach, frozen banana, pineapple and greek coconut pineapple yogurt with a little bit of Crystal Light. What did you use to mix with cilantro? Sounds interesting.

W 100OZ
e Dreadmill, weights and foam roller
e POP
D Just do something to stay busy. Missing my boys today. Thinking of going to see the older one in April or early May. Younger will be home for a week in March!

jcatron243
02-24-2014, 06:32 AM
MM~ that smoothie sounds great. Yesterday mine had spinach, cucumber, celery, pear, banana, some cranberries, and raspberries, and a bit of cilantro. It ended up tasting good after it was colder (I used mostly fresh stuff yesterday, but no ice.) I've been making about 48 oz of smoothie and drinking it at two breaks.

I didn't work out either last night or Saturday night. I just wanted to spend the time with my family. Tonight DH and I are hitting the gym after work.

Yesterday my kids participated in the "Mayor's cup race" open to elementary school students from our town and the next one over. It was about a mile run. The highest percentage of students per school to participate won $150 for their school library! My daughters school Won! I wish I could have been there, but I am so proud of them.

W 64 oz
E 60 minutes
E 1300 cals
D Have a good day.

mtiger
02-24-2014, 08:37 AM
Well it is back to the grind today. Work..yuck. Wish I could retire, this work thing is cutting into my social life. Gym...yuck. Starting week 2 of this program. Ready to be sore again???

Jamie Eason is the trainer I got the program from on bodybuilding.com. She is kicking my butt. I have done all the exercises she has me doing, but she hits one muscle over and over again. OUCH!!

Food- Following the 1:1:1 diet. It is easy to do and I think it is helping. Haven't lost anything in a few days, but this takes time. 184. Lower than I have been

Jeni- Love cooking with my hubby. We are doing more prep for the week. Congrats on your niece.

Kris- Hang in there girl. Things will get back to normal soon. Thoughts are with ya.

Working- Keep moving..that's what we do.

Carma- Looking forward to the day when I can get outside and run again.

MM- You are just steady as a rock girl.

workinglikeadog
02-24-2014, 01:13 PM
Hello Ladies. Monday morning and trying to figure out my schedule for the week. Gonna try for more exercise and less sweets this week.

W- 50 oz of water.
E- 60mins of circuit training so far today.
D- Wishing (myself & anyone how wants it) enthusiasm and passion for this last week of February.

:carrot:

jcatron243
02-25-2014, 09:57 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Mindy~ The dreams of retirement! I hope your first day back went okay. I may look into the bodybuilding.com once I get comfortable with weights again. The site is highly recommended from the staff at the Y.

Diana~ I've been craving the sweets this week too. We don't have a lot in the house, but I always seem to find something.

Having a day off is great! I have so many things I want to get accomplished today. I'm going to have to really make a plan. I don't think there is enough time to get it all done today.

Can anyone answer me this? I can run 5 miles a day no problem. My personal best is 9.5 miles. So why am I so intimidated by running outside? I never run with less than a .5% incline, but I normally do 1-1.5%. There is a 5k on March 15 that I would like to participate in (my first), but the thought sends me into a panic. It may just be my comfort zone is the treadmill and I can't set my pace, but man, I need to get over it!

W 80 oz
E 60 minute run at home/ 60 minutes tonight at the gym while the kids are in cooking class (I know I whine about not enough time and I am planning 2 workouts.)
E1300 cals.
D get done what I can, don't worry about the other stuff. (Priorities) Eat dinner before cooking class so I can get enough rest.

Editing: Only ran 15 minutes this morning. The rest of my plans are kicking in early.

MM~I made a smoothie today :3/4 cup pineapple 3/4 cup mango 1/2 cup peach (all are frozen) 1/4 cup of cranberries 1 cup of spinach, 1 celery stalk, some cilantro a 1/4 cup of cayenne paper 1 1/2 cups of water. It has a kick and its very yummy.

workinglikeadog
02-25-2014, 01:42 PM
And a snow flurry morning as seen in Maupin this a.m. :snowglo: I tried a new Bollywood dvd this morning, good workout but am wondering about my morning co-ordination, lol. May still make this a town day if the weather clears a bit. Drinking coffee and trying to decide. :coffee2:

Jeni, Me too. I have to watch the bag of potato chips also and remind myself that they are at war with my hips, lol. Maybe it's easier to get into the zone running inside. I know painting outside is distracting and more challenging(as my paper gets blown, rained on, etc.) I love painting outside occasionally, but don't expect the same results as in the studio.

MM & Jeni, Wow, I am paying attention to your smoothie talk, most interesting combos. Are these part of a meal or in-between get up and go kind of drinks?

Mindi, Hope week 2 is going well for you.

W- 50 oz of water.
E- 60mins of Bollywood movement.
E- Write down & act as if showing to Jillian for approval. :kickbutt:
D- Blessings of Joy and Happiness.

jcatron243
02-25-2014, 09:30 PM
Diana~ my smoothies are meal replacements. I also add a crushed up multivitamin, chia seeds and protein powder to my smoothies. On average one blend gives me 450 calories. (the protein powder is 170 calories and the chia seeds 60) On work days I split it up and drink it in two sittings. On days off I drink them in the morning as my breakfast after my morning run. I usually cut my protein in 1/2 on days off as well. (cutting out 85 calories.)

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-25-2014, 11:04 PM
Jeni: first off mystery meal is I have no clue what will be served which throws me into a panic mode. 2nd I find it funny about your outdoor fear of running as I have the same panic about treadmill running. Try running on your own outside you might like it.

Diana: the sight I found was called fitness blender. Free workout videos vary your time/intensity. I haven't done one yet. I am going to ask my nephew who is a personal train or what his opinion of the sight. He lives in Hollywood.

Mindy: it was cold running today.

Mavis: I already have the app loaded. One more day and I move onto week 10 of the 10k program.

Kris: hope your doing ok.

I really need to get my exercise and diet in sync. Lately it's one or the other.
Weed for tomorrow:
W:100 oz
E: going to try and get 2 walks in
E: 1700 calories goal
D: ohmmmmm

mothermavis
02-26-2014, 05:16 AM
Diana, My smoothie is a meal replacement as well. I usually throw in some greek yogurt for protein and make it breakfast although I've been thinking of some lunches as well. I just found a recipe for veggie soup that they also blended and cooled for a Bloody Mary type of smoothie. May try this weekend.

Must be the sweets week ladies. I've been in that mode too. Ugh!

Jeni, Just sign up and do it. You'll be fine. It is different running outside, but it will be a nice change. I have faith in you! Take your music and zone! I wish I could run with you.

Mindy, Sounds like maybe you have found your plan! I am so glad!

Carma, Perhaps we will work on the 10k together!

W 100
E Body sculpt this morning
E POP
D Every choice has a consequence

jcatron243
02-26-2014, 06:45 AM
Carma~ The thing is, I used to run outside once a week a few years back, and the workout was amazing. I think the issue is that I can see how far it is, rather than being in one place. Does that make sense? I psyche myself out so bad. So I have a plan~start small. This week off I am going to try to try to run just 1 mile. I'm sure I will get into a groove and keep going. I have an approx. 2 mile course in mind. But I know the exact 1/2 mile mark from my house (I know the 1 and two mile mark from my house too.)

MM~ I've been thinking of different veggies that I could add to a veggie smoothie that I would like. I thought I might use V8 as a base, but then I would get all that sodium.

Mindy~ I checked out Bodybuilding.com. I'm not sure it is right for me, but I think I may give it a shot.

I finally got to see my niece! She has been with my mom since Friday, but since I worked I didn't have the time to make the 45 minute drive. I bought her some new clothes. (The kids will give her the toys.) I was only able to stay about an hour but she warmed right up to me. She is doing so good!

W 80 oz
E 35 minute run today
E 1300
D stay positive!

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-26-2014, 10:26 PM
Awesome Jeni on the niece. I totally understand the psyching yourself out. I go in a long boring loop most of the time. Some days I have to keep saying just one more lap and you can go in. Sounds like you have a good plan.

Mavis absolutely we can train the 10 k together. As long as I can run tomorrow I may get 4 runs this week.

Hi to mindy Diana & kris.

We'll stuck to my calories and no food after 7:15. Forced myself out for an hour walk.
Weed for tomorrow:
W:100 oz
E: hopefully c25k w9d3 and 20 minute walk.
E: 1700 will be hard dinner at my FIL's
D: small steps.

jcatron243
02-27-2014, 07:00 AM
Had the worst back spasms yesterday! I tried to run, but no luck. I was able to walk/run a mile before I had to stop. I feel a bit better today.

I'm shocked at how many people on my shift are now drinking green smoothies! There are now 6 out of the 14 of us! One gal leaves her bullet there and we all bring in fruits and veggies and share!

NSV Alert~ My workpants are too big (company issued and it takes 3 months to change sizes). That's been a fact for a while. I have been wearing belts. One belt I bought before when I was at my lowest weight (136), and I hadn't tried on until this week. I am 4 notches in on this belt!!! I love finding things that help me see the work I have done!

W 64 oz Failing at this. I need my water!
E 60 minutes. Hitting the gym tonight!
E 1300 cals
D control the controllable. Just do what they want, it is only 12 hours!

mtiger
02-27-2014, 08:33 AM
Jeni- On bodybuilding I am following Jamie's workout plan. It is hard. She hits the same muscle repeatedly and wears it out to fatigue. Tonight is legs. I like doing legs. Last week the squats made my butt ache. Good sore.
I LOVE running outside. It is so much more relaxing than on a treadmill. The wind, the sun, the sights and sounds. Plus You can see how far you have gone. That in empowering. Go for it. Wish we were not having record breaking lows here this week.

Oh did I mention it is snowing again also!!!

So day 3 of week 2 today. Legs and butt. I am ready. Took yesterday off for a hair appt. Back at it today. Next week changes things up a little.

workinglikeadog
02-27-2014, 12:51 PM
My DS is driving me crazy, too much gaming and procrastination. It's freaking me out cause if he does this next year in collage he will flunk out. Still too many sweets and not enough exercise, ugh. Will work on my attitude today.

Jeni, nice to see results in the clothes you wear.

MM and Jeni, have never done veggie smoothies, have protein powder on hand, contemplating.

Hi to Mindy, Kris and Carma - keep up the good work!

W- 50 oz of water.
E- 30mins of Bollywood dance(hoping for 30 min walk).
D- This too will pass.

jcatron243
02-27-2014, 09:10 PM
Mindy~ It is my goal to make myself go for a short 1 mile run outside tomorrow. It's not supposed to rain, but will be chilly in the morning.

Diana ~I hope your son gets the motivation he needs!

I was told by a gal that I work with to stop hiding my body. :) I always wear work clothes to work = way to big. I'm not hiding it, I just have to wear the uniform. She saw me in my undershirt (run of the mill workout shirt).

jcatron243
02-28-2014, 10:41 AM
DH is so frustrated. He isn't losing any weight. His clothes are fitting better, which is what I want him to focus on, but I don't want him to lose his momentum.

He doesn't let me count his calories, but from what I see he eats approximately 1800-2000 calories a day. I believe that his sticks to the same food routine:
BF 8:30ish green smoothie around 400 cals
snack: 1030 slimfast shake 190 cals
lunch: 1:30 around 500 cals
snack:3:30 either an apple and cheese or slimfast shake (160-190)
Dinner: 630 or so approximately 400-500 cals (I know this one!)

So a normal day puts him around 1780 and a hungry day (when he eats his cheese and apple too he is at 1940. I don't know what to tell him but to cut some calories. Anyone know the low for men? I thought it was 1500 cals. I'm going to suggest he swap out his first slimfast shake for a yogurt. Or cut it out completely and eat his sandwich earlier. He can't take a salad because he is a driver for a living and is usually eating on the go. I would love to throw together a veggie style tray for him. I also know that he may or may not have a latte on the road, he has already switched to sugar free, so I will check to see if he swaps out a snack for that. I will also suggest to him to switch to nonfat milk. I know he should start with cutting out calories. He has reduced his calorie intake since January by a lot. (he would have a full fat/sugar latte everyday, stop at McDs for a couple of burgers for lunch, plus eat his sandwich and drink his shake. Our dinners were definitely higher calories too!

On top of his food intake, he is working out 5 times a week. He uses the auxiliary muscle trainer 45 minutes usually and 15 minutes of weights. I feel his frustration!

Okay sorry about the rant for my husband. I don't care what he weighs, the simple fact that he is working out 5 times a day is a great benefit to his health. He also is getting in some amazing fruits and veggies! I am so proud of him, and I let him know it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today is our first basketball practice for Tommy's team. DH and I are coaching! (I am the assistant!) Tomorrow is our first game!! I am so totally excited!

NSV!! I leave in a week for Disneyland!! I am so excited. So I pulled out my shorts to try on...I am able to pull up, zip and with minimal muffin top wear my size 6 shorts!!!!! So I thought, why not try "THE SKINNY JEANS". you know the ones. The ones that are at the bottom of the drawer, that are your inspiration "one day I will wear those again"! I can totally wear them!!!!! They button and zip comfortably, the only issue is that small muffin top. :carrot: I guess I really need to start working on toning that mid section!!!!

W 80 oz (I WILL DRINK IT!)
E 60 minute run, then onto the gym for the row machine 10 minutes and 15 minutes weights.
E 1300 cals
D Get stuff ready to pack. I'm starting to panic because I usually have an idea of what I need by now.

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-28-2014, 12:41 PM
Baby girl home sick today. Woke up vomiting and now has fever and cough. Hoping it isn't a flu. Both kids got the quarto flu shot back in October. Guess maybe it isn't covering by now. A co-worker of mine told me about a cool website at Berry College in Georgia. They have a live eagle cam. There is a bald eagle family, Mom, Dad and One hatchling one still in the egg. So cute. Amazing to watch them care for their young. Warning if you don't want to see raw animals being fed to a baby eagle don't watch.

mothermavis
02-28-2014, 08:21 PM
Awesome Jeni!! Yay on the clothes!!!

Take Hubby's scale away? I thought men were around 1800 minimum. Is he drinking soda or anything while he drives? Sweet tea?

Carma, hope she feels better!

Diana, did you try a smoothie?

Mindy, got up to 20 today, but back down below zero. Ugh!

jcatron243
02-28-2014, 11:08 PM
MM~he drinks 64 oz of water a day. As far as I know he hasn't been drinking soda at all. It isn't in the house and he doesn't stop to buy any. I still think he is building a lot of muscle. He has some biceps starting to bulge and his legs are as hard as a rock! LUCKY ME!!! :)

Basketball practice was great. I loved working with the kids. I am a control freak though, I had a tough time not telling DH (aka coach) what I thought he should do.

workinglikeadog
03-01-2014, 04:01 PM
Carma, hope your baby girl is feeling better by now.

MM, no green smoothies yet, do you have a favorite recipe?

Jeni, I think not being able to control/protect my son soon to be out in the world is the real issue. Will have to trust more, both the world and my son's judgement capabilities( and LET GO).

Hi to Mindy and Kris.

W- 50 oz of water.
E- 60mins of Bollywood dance.
D- Exercise a bit better this week, keep working at it!

jcatron243
03-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Carma~I really hope your baby girl is feeling better soon!

Diana~ You are a good mom for caring! Remember, it isn't a black and white deal, making it in the real world is such a grey area!

W 80 oz
E 65 minutes=5.31 miles(done) 20 minutes target training (done!!)
E 1300 cals
D Control the controllable~ First game today with only 1 practice. We have some good kids, but haven't had enough time to become a team. I am in charge of keeping the kids in line on the sidelines! And we have 2 very excitable boys that have a tough time listening.

mothermavis
03-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Diana, I like pineapple, spinach, green tea and greek yogurt with a frozen banana!

Jeni, hope the game was fun!

Carma, hope she is better.

W Need to get sipping, so far only coffee
E Elliptical in a bit
E POP
D Peace in my head.

jcatron243
03-02-2014, 03:15 PM
Good Morning!

After my post about my husband, he tried on some shirts today that he has been wanting to wear again for years!!!! He did it!! Take that scale!

The game was great. The kids did such a good job! I am so surprised at how much I love (assistant) coaching the kids!!!

My mom brought my niece over yesterday!! My family loved having the time to reconnect with her. We all had such a good time together!

W 80 oz. got it done yesterday too!
E 35 minute run 20 minute full body target training! (done)
E 1300 cals
D Get the house totally in order/organize and get ready for the trip!!! We leave Friday night after work!

jcatron243
03-03-2014, 10:55 AM
Good Morning!!

This target training has me so sore!!! I know it is a good sore.

W 80 oz!
E 45 minute run 20 target training
E 1300 cals
D get it done!! I got this!!

workinglikeadog
03-03-2014, 05:59 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone.

mm, thx for recipe, I'm thinking this may be good with chard from my garden once it's up and growing this spring too.

Jeni, I finally got bitten with the re-organize and clean out bug. I'm not as ambitious as you with the whole house. This winter it's paperwork in my files & organize/clean-up my computer. It's amazing what's in my files(will burn some today) and I'm learning new tricks on my computer. :dancer:

Well, I really would like to be walking my dog outside but we have muddy roads and it keeps sprinkling between brief interludes of sunshine. :sunny: I am so hoping that spring is around the corner, I am ready for outside time. My exercise was a bit better for last week, will be working on cutting the sweets and pm snacking this week.

W- 50 oz of water.
E- 30mins of a.m. aerobics (hoping for 30mins more this mid-day).
E- Write down & act as if showing to Jillian for approval. (must cut down on sweets & pm snacking!)
D- Keep up the Exercise :cheer2: - the effort is worth the results!

jcatron243
03-04-2014, 06:16 AM
Diana~ I always like my house to be super clean and organized when I go on vacation. It's definitely a work in progress, but it is getting there.

I work today, not looking forward to it. Having severe mood swings yesterday and today. Dang PMS!

W 64 oz
E 1 hour at the gym tonight
E 1300 cals
D try not to let my bad mood seep out. For heaven's sake I go on vacation in 4 days! focus on the good stuff.

mtiger
03-04-2014, 08:33 AM
I was typing away and lost it all...hate when that happens.

This weekend brought about 4 more inches of snow and frigid temps. Coldest, snowiest winter in a long time. I am ready for spring.

Was pretty lazy over the weekend and gained 2 pounds. Back at the gym yesterday. It was legs day, after my 30 min. run. A little sore today.

Jeni- what weight program have you chosen. Jamie Eason is really good. Your hubby probably needs more calories..men need quite a bit.

Dog- I would love mud right about now. I miss the outdoors. High today 20.

MM- We just have to hang in a little longer. Spring IS on the WAY!!!

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-04-2014, 11:15 AM
Well my daughter was better, she now has a case of the downs instead of the ups. Luckily it happened on my day off from work. They are really getting to be horrible about people having absences. I am getting so sick of the mentality that corporations have about employees when the economy is bad. Plus side if she has to be out sick tomorrow again my niece should be able to watch her. She is coming over today so I can run an errand. 9 is a little young to be staying home sick by yourself. She however is currently playing soccer in the hallway. Can't be that bad.
I meet with the personal trainer this Saturday. Looking forward to it. She is going to do measurements for me too and give me my exercise regimen/nutritional guideline. No diets just lifestyle changes. Which I like and she includes the ability to cheat a little.

Jeni: I agree your husband should probably have more calories. I think that they don't retain water like we do so that if they are active in order to lose weight they get to eat more. However if his close are fitting better he is losing inches. So go him. :carrot:
This is from live strong and it talks about active men. In general, 1,500-calorie diets are effective for overweight men trying to lose excess body weight -- and who want to do so without the need for medical supervision. Eating fewer than 1,500 calories daily increases a manís risk for developing nutrient deficiencies. The National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute suggests adult men often require 2,000 to 3,000 calories daily to maintain healthy body weights, and active men generally need 2,400 to 3,000 calories per day.

Diana: Sorry to hear about your DS procrastination. I need to get yours and Diana's organizing bug. My house slipped so badly in the last year with our mothers being sick and now it just seems like more and more stuff is pilled in.

Mindy: I am so done with this winter too. Sorry for the soreness but at least it is a good soreness. ;)

Mavis: I just may try that green smoothie. Can you do it in a blender and is there any specific order you put the food in. IE does the spinach need to be first and do I need to cut the stems off it?

Kris: Hope all is okay with you.

jcatron243
03-04-2014, 09:29 PM
Mindy~ I have been using a workout app that I bought. I don't want to be a bodybuilder, but I do want to build muscle. I'm starting with low weights, and finding what is working for me. Tonight I will be at the gym so I will do higher weights.

Carma! I totally understand how hard corporations can be.

As far as DH needing more calories, I suggested it and he said no. He is happy with his clothes fitting better.

mothermavis
03-04-2014, 10:04 PM
Carma, I make my smoothies in a Ninja, not sure what Jeni uses. I buy bagged spinach and just throw it in there. I usually put spinach in first, then fruit and yogurt (tonight I used natural PB and yogurt) for my protein and then if I have frozen fruit I throw that in top and add liquid last. Don't know if it matters, but that works for me.

Diana, bet the chard would be awesome and make it pretty too!

Tonight was spinach, banana, greek coconut yogurt & natural PB, handful of a frozen papaya/mango mix I found at the grocery (no sugar added, just fruit) and some margarita crystal light . Delicious.

Mindy, It is freaking snowing again. -15 and snowing. Boo, never going to see spring.

Jeni, have a wonderful time at Disney!!!!

workinglikeadog
03-05-2014, 12:46 AM
Good evening Ladies. It was a full day in town, finally have everything put away and can sit down at the computer.

Jeni, hope your mood is more even today. If it were me going on vacation I would be a bit stressed out about the upcoming travel(not my best skill). I hope to get better at traveling. A friend told me I just have to go with someone who is fun and easygoing(and maybe it will rub off on me, lol).

Mindy and Mavis, Hang in there, spring is coming soon. I love being outside too.

Carma, Sorry to hear your house slipped so badly in the last year with your mothers being sick. Is she doing better now? Sounds like a challenging year. I always like to start clean outs with the smallest room or one drawer and be inspired by the small win.

Kris - Hi too!

W- 50 oz of water- probably a bit short today(getting some water now).
E- no official exercise today, but logged over 10,000 steps in town today.
E- Write down & act as if showing to Jillian for approval. (small sweets after dinner & no pm snacking)
D-One day at a time!:broc:

mtiger
03-05-2014, 08:23 AM
Well I understand the 2 pound gain now. After a whopping 100 days TOM is back. WTH!!!!! Seriously. Well at least There was a good reason. So hopefully after this mess is over I will drop down a little bit.

It is going to be about 22 degrees today..heatwave for us. However, here is the exciting news....it may reach 40 by the weekend. It is March right??

Jeni- Please don't think that bodybuilding.com is all about bodybuilding. It's not. The program I am following is for losing fat and getting lean through developing your muscles more. No big, bulky anything going on here. Last night was shoulders and back, tonight arms and then back to legs again. I love this feeling stronger and seeing some definition.

MM- Hang in there girl. It is coming.

jcatron243
03-05-2014, 09:23 AM
Panic City right now. I woke up and realized the card I used to reserve my room was canceled after the whole target fiasco! Plus we shutoff our landline, which is then number they have! I will call the hotel in a couple of hours. Breath! (editing~called and got it taken care of. WHEW! The guy I talked to said they put a hold on the account three days before the reservation which is today! Lucky me.)

MM~I actually just bought a Ninja. I found the food processor/blender/3 single serve cups at Costco for 119!

Diana~My mood got a bit better, but it's just PMS. I went through a personal crisis this summer, and ever since my PMS is horrible. I don't let it get the best of me, most of the time, but certain things set it off really bad.

Mindy~ I will look at the site more closely. When I went to sign up for it, It showed me 3 body types of what I wanted to look like (sure I would love to look like any of those) there was really no option for what I was truly looking for. The closest one was the "fit Mom" Lose 32 pounds of fat, gain 16 muscle, then it gave me the choice of 3 totally intense workouts, all weight training, no cardio. It did give me a date to go for~ all of this by 10-16-15 :) 19 months. Maybe I just signed up for the wrong thing.

I am going to have my "final" weigh in tomorrow instead of Friday. I hate weighing myself at 2am on my weigh in days.

W 80 oz
E 60 minute run 20 minute target training
E1300 cals
D stop panicking, It going to work out fine. Get my stuff in the suitcase, get the kids' stuff in their suitcases!

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-05-2014, 11:10 PM
Made up for my overeat yesterday with being majorly on point today. Got a ton of exercise in and stuck in my calories. We shall see in the am what my weight is.

Diana: Unfortunately no both of our mother's past away this past year. Mine in June, My husband's in December. It was weird today I had to go up to Yale for a conference and the last time I went their was for bad news that my Mother couldn't have the whipple procedure for the pancreatic cancer. Thankfully I was running behind and couldn't dwell on it too much. That's a good idea on the small drawers or rooms.

Jeni: Glad your husband is happy with his clothes fitting.

Mindy: You are not making me look forward to menopause starting. 100days no period then Bam. Ugh. Sorry.

Mavis: Thanks for the ninja tip. I am thinking about them.

Kris as always :hug:

mtiger
03-06-2014, 08:33 AM
Jeni- Look up Jamie Eason. There is a program for weight loss and muscle building.l Not like body builders just nice strong muscle. Her first 4 weeks say no cardio but I have been doing it anyway. I have lost about 5 pounds...not taking into account this 2 pound TOM gain. I am getting stronger for sure. I like it.

So since TOM decided to rear its ugly head my weigh in today will not be pretty. I will not be in the money for sure. Hopefully when this passes I will be on the right path again. Legs and Butt today....heck they are still sore from Monday and I have to do it again??

jcatron243
03-06-2014, 09:19 AM
Carma~ great job being on point! I love that feeling at the end of the day when you accomplished everything you planned on.

Mindy~ I will look her up. And great job on the weightloss!!!

Well, today is the day. Seven and a half months ago I decided to get my body back. My goal was to lose 30 pounds by March 7 (I know it is the 6th but I would rather get a more accurate weight, after a good nights sleep. That first mile I ran I thought I was going to die, but I didn't. Now my farthest run is 9.5 miles!

July 22~180
Goal~March 6 140.6 Total Weightloss 39.4 pounds! 21.9%!!

What is my plan from now? My health doesn't stop here, because I have made it to my goal date. I plan on continuing to run, eat right, and target train. I am plan on continue to weigh in every month on the 22 in order to keep me on the maintainance track. Weightloss isn't my goal anymore. (That is hard to say!) Running a half marathon still is, even if it isn't in a competition, it is my goal! I will start to run outside (but not in the rain). Now it is time to make myself leaner and stronger, so target training is a must!

Vacation plan~ I considered going for a run in the mornings before we left for the parks, but I don't know the area and not comfortable outside anyway so I will count my walking as my workout. (I will be doing a ton of it!) I am going to wear my calories burned meter thingy. DH and I have been talking about our smoothies as well. I have been drinking them every day for over a month!! He is almost at that month mark. We decided that we may have to jump over to Jamba juice for one of their whole food smoothies. We will be on vacation though, so I am not going to obsess over our food.

W 80 oz
E 65 minute run (or more, I will see how I am feeling) 20 minute target training
E1300 cals~ I'm not sure how many calories I need for maintenance. I am going to research on that a bit.
D "Motivation is what gets you started HABIT is what keeps you going!"

workinglikeadog
03-06-2014, 12:50 PM
Good Morning Ladies, it's windy, occasionally sunny and 53 degrees. We have heard the frogs at our ponds for two nights now, very pleasant. I'm gonna have to kick it into high gear soon, yikes were did my time to do art go. Thinking I may have to get out to the studio after dinner if my day schedule doesn't clear up.

Jeni, love your motivational quote for the day. Have a great vacation.

Carma, sorry for your losses, a hard year for you and family. My paper clean out has slowed down, so tonight I pulled out one small file to see if I could get that done.

W- 50 oz of water- with lemon or lime in it.
E- 30 mins of aerobics and hoping for a short walk.
E- Write down & act as if showing to Jillian for approval. (not snacking after dinner, still working on the sweets but think today will be better)
D-One step at a time!

jcatron243
03-07-2014, 05:56 AM
Good morning!!

Diana~Thanks! This trip means a lot to me and my family. It will be fun, and completely needed.

W 64 oz. Workday
E basketball practice tonight
E 1350 cals
D make it through 12 hours of work without annoying my co-workers!!

mtiger
03-07-2014, 08:30 AM
Jeni- Enjoy the trip. Leave your cares behind. I know the feeling. My spring break is in 4 weeks. Can't wait!!!

So I hit the gym hard for 4 days straight. Taking a rest day today, then I will finish my 5 day routine tomorrow. The plan says 5 days on, 2 off. I don't like that much. So I am going to take switch it up a little. TOM is rolling through so I want to see what happens after.

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-07-2014, 08:44 PM
Ugh after my on point day stomach flu kicked in. Good news weight down 203.8. Bad news energy level down too. Got like 1200-1400 steps yesterday. Only at 700 now. Going to try and walk in the house. Hoping I am better by tomorrow when i meet with the personal trainer. Even more important for my race Sunday.

Jeni sounds like you have a good maintenance plan. Enjoy the vacation.

Mindy: your doing so well!

Diana: thank you. Totally jealous of your weather.

Mavis & Kris: :hug:

workinglikeadog
03-08-2014, 05:30 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies, hope you all are doing well today. I may have to take a nap, the morning really tuckered me out.

Mindi, you are so focused. I bet your exercise routine has you feeling strong.

W- 50 oz of water
E- Working on my knees 1/2 day filling grout lines- so tired.
E- Write down & act as if showing to Jillian for approval. (credit for not snacking after dinner for 6 nights now.)
D-Focus!:dizzy:

Nixmom
03-08-2014, 11:06 PM
Okay. I'm back. Enough of the other stuff running me out. I'm back.

Let me REINTRO my March 2014 self. Kris. 42. Married 4 kids (24,14,12,9). Public Works Director. HIGHEST WEIGHT EVER. I don't even see me in the mirror anymore. I'm not sure who that girl is staring back at me, but I'm determined to figure it out. Joined WW in Feb again. Haven't tracked a full day since then. Need a victory. Need a vacation. Need you girls to hold me accountable. I'll be here daily. D.A.I.L.Y. starting today. It's on my to-do list reminder now on my phone. No excuses.

I bought new tennis shoes today FINALLY. I am going to start walking 30 minutes 3 X a week if I have to do it at lunch. I weighed in at 227 ladies. Not good. Not good at all. :?: :( :mad: :( Okay.. enough boohooing, time to step up.

Speaking of stepping up - Jen - WAY TO GO! I am super proud of you! I know it was a trying year, but what a victory! Hope you are enjoying D-land. You should have awesome weather.

Mindy - I'm sorry TOM continues to play tricks on you. I can't believe they aren't calling it menopause. Hope day 5 of your routine went well today.

Mavie - Diana - Carma - Hi!I have to go make dinner for the fam. I'll be back later to catch up!

back in a bit.

mothermavis
03-09-2014, 08:57 AM
Jeni, I second the woohoo for you!!!!! So happy for you, vacation was well planned! :D

Mindy, ugh on TOM. Sounds like the new routine is good though? Where are you going this year for spring break?

Carma, sorry you are sick! Hope it got better in time for you to do the 5k. If you were able to go, let us know how it went. Otherwise, just sign up for another one. They are fun!

Diana, love the peepers here when they start. Way too much ice for that though.

I am so excited to gain an hour of daylight after work! Going to keep going to the Y at 6 am, but going to add an hour wander with my dog (and hubby if he will) in the evenings.

Sorry I've not been here much, we just found out my Dad has cancer. He has had a bunch of other health issues recently, thought we were on the other side, he started getting headaches. Long story short, it's in his lungs, lymph nodes and they see spots on his brain. Biopsy confirms cancer, they believe Stage 4. PET scan scheduled to see everywhere it is. Pray for him. He's a young man, only in his 60's.

On a good note, Real Estate is booming for me. Had a home inspection to sit thru yesterday for a closing at the end of the month. expect another contract this week, phones are ringing, people are shopping. Money for me!

I am writing this on my desktop (which sucks) my laptop finally gave up. I need a new computer. What are you girls on, desktop, laptop, tablet? Brands? need some suggestions.

Anywho, got to get moving. Today is Second Sunday which means I have to go make breakfast at church. Sausage gravy. Must not eat it. Will try to be back later

W 100
E Today is a cross day, so may snowshoe! Supposed to get to a balmy 35 today!!
E POP, finish yesterdays smoothie for breakfast, maybe a salad for lunch, fish and baked sweet potato chips for dinner!
D Trust in God.

Nixmom
03-09-2014, 01:49 PM
Mavie - I will be praying for your daddy. I'm very sorry to hear he's not well. There are so many advances in the medical treatments available. I hope you get some encouraging news.

As for your technology question, I am typing on an old Dell laptop. I have an Ipad, but recent broke the keypad cover and I don't like typing on the screen. I do like not dealing with viruses and whatnot on it. It my favorite for browsing (hello pinterest).

Speaking of which. Did everyone who wanted to get on our secret board get on? Sorry I flaked out for a bit. If you need to be added, let me know.

I slept until 8:30 this morning which is unheard of. I have a ton of stuff to do today. Gonna go check on tile at the new house. Here's a little progress pic. Sorry the first one is so dark. Light emerald tile and teal carpet had to go. Before45883
In progress!45884

Okay. Again time to feed people here. Have a blessed Sunday. Back later to set up WEED for the week.

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-09-2014, 11:37 PM
Mavis: will pray for your dad. Keep us posted. Did my run 46:25 time total. 14:57 mile average. Lots of hills. Ran the whole time. 1017 out of 1130ish runners. Not bad considering I was not in tip top shape.

Kris: no clue what secret page your talking about.

Diana& mindy: :wave:

workinglikeadog
03-10-2014, 12:54 AM
Good Evening Ladies, not my best week. Eating and exercise both need improvement. Here's to the week ahead. Here's the plan for this week.

MM, so sorry to hear about your Dad. I have an inspiron labtop, it suits me and I like to shut the top at night and have a clean desk look.

Kris, I need to be held more accountable also, will share some focus power with you. No clue what secret page your talking about either, but I am new on this thread.

W- 50 oz of water
E- 30 mins. in a.m. plus 30 mins. mid-day walk
E- Write down & act as if showing to Jillian for approval. :hug:
D-Focus, you know what is needed to get results.

Nixmom
03-10-2014, 03:24 AM
Sorry ladies. It probably sounded really bad. I meant the Pinterest Weed N Feed Board - its only secret in the respect that it doesn't post all over face book and other places when you pin to it. If you're on pinterest too, let me know your user name, I'll get you on. Its just a place for us to share recipes and inspirational pins.

Since I'm here (although its almost midnight :o)...

Carma - How was the trainer and the race? I am going to hunt down a 5k and sign up. Even if I have to walk it. I would love hear about your experience today!

Diana - Thank you! I could use some focus power. I have been eating my way through my days and it has to stop.

So I am going to work to be POP on the Simple Start plan on WW. Went to store tonight and my fridge looks like a farmers market exploded in it. I really want this to work.

Weed for the week:
W - 100 oz day (oye)
E - M/W/F 30 minute walk with dogs
E - WW logged.
D - Believe in yourself and work through today. The only moment you can control is NOW.

Here's to a great week ladies.

mtiger
03-10-2014, 08:32 AM
SO much to catch up on. Hope I don't miss anything.

Kris- WELCOME back girl. I've missed you. You CAN and WILL get in shape. No excuses. I don't see the problem with the "lovely" teal carpet. Geesh LOL!!

MM- So sorry to hear about dad. Hoping for the best. We recently got a new Gateway desktop. The new operating system has taken some getting used to.

Carma- Good for you on the race. Gives one a sense of accomplishment. I need to do a few this year.

Working- I am so looking forward to frogs. It is supposed to be 40 today but there is snow on the way for Wed. REALLY???

Husband wanted to do the 99 minute workout on the treadmill yesterday...so we did. I walked the first hour probably then realized if I stepped it up a little I could make 10K. I did it. We are going to do that every Sunday (gym is quiet) and I will see how far I can get.

No weight loss for me after that. TOM has rolled through so I am hoping something good will happen here soon.

jcatron243
03-10-2014, 08:50 AM
Good morning from Anaheim! It is day three of our trip, and I am yet again up at 4am. Our trip is going well! My body really is noticing the lack of vitamins, I wish I brought my multi-vitamin. I'm not craving the junk food at all. Even my son isn't asking for all of the treats he normally does, and he is making healthier choices for meals! We all opted for fruits and veggies as a mid morning snack yesterday! (This is really huge for us!) we are also all drinking water as well! Oh and the weather? 85!

I'm not going to do personals till I get home, but:

MM~ sorry about your Dad.

Kris~welcome back!

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-11-2014, 12:02 AM
Kris: by experience today do you mean was I sore? Answer no. If your talking about the run then it was better than expected. I looked at my last 5 k results(when I was 34) I was at 43 minutes. I didn't have stomach flu leading up to it though. I was similar weight too. As far as the personal trainer. She is nice. They are workin on my fitness plan for 4 weeks. I get an email Friday and start Monday. I will be doing weight training Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday. I will do cardio those days too which leaves my piloxing night(mon or wed.) free. I will continue my running training. Going for 10k. If I want actual 1:1 workout. It will be an additional 50 dollars for 1 session. 40 or 45 dollars for 3 sessions each or 35 for 5 sessions. Will see how month 1 goes. She measured me but I can't remember my exact measurements. The will be in Fridays email I think. I am not supposed to weigh in but probably will weekly. Good job on turning your fridge into a farmers market.

Diana: sending willpower and motivation your way.

Jeni: glad to hear your going healthy Disney.

Mindy: 99 minutes on a treadmill? Awesome.

Mavis: :hug:

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-11-2014, 12:03 AM
Oh and kris I just started a Pinterest account how do I find you?

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-11-2014, 12:05 AM
Weed for week:

W: 100 oz
E: going to try for 1 hr cardio a day.
E: 1700 calories
D: you got this.

Nixmom
03-11-2014, 02:21 AM
Carma - on pinterest try to find me. User name is KJensen or my email is kjensen500@gmail.com. What is your user name? So glad you made the race and didn't let your tummy give you an excuse to not do it! I AM GOING TO DO A 5K THIS YEAR. Going to keep relying on info from you and the other running chicks to get me excited and keep me motivated to do it. I currently hate running. :(

Jen - Soaking up our Cali sun are ya! Hope you are having an amazing adventure. Enjoy sister!

Mtiggie - :hug: bunches! Thank you lady. Everytime I look at your weight I remember how far you've come. You pulled ahead years ago and I should have just pushed through with you. Funny how long we've "known" each other. Thanks for the welcome back!

Mavie - I said prayers for ya last night. I'll be doing it again tonight, and every chance I get here on out. :hug: My hubby made sausage gravy Sunday morning... and I thought about you.... as I ate it. :o

Diana - Hows your "jillian is watching" working?

I am proud to say that I stayed under points today, plus walked dogs with hubby for 30 minutes AND made myself do 100 sit ups. I'm off to a good start!

Here's to a great Tuesday ladies. I have a Council meeting, so I may not be here tomorrow. If its out early enough I'll be checking in!

mtiger
03-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Kris- 100 situps???Really??? Ouch. I did 30 crunches and 30 side crunches yesterday and that was certainly enough. I also did a bunch of shoulder work. Today.....legs. We have been together a long time and I truly miss you when you're not here. You can do this....and you CAN run. Trust me.

Jeni- Looking good there at the park. You have done SO well. Congrats!!!!

Week 4 of my plan. TOM is gone so come on scale and drop some pounds. Spring break is in 4 weeks and I NEED to be back under 180 before then. Gatlinburg Tn, Smoky Mts, pool (yikes), here we come.

workinglikeadog
03-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Good Morning Ladies! I got really mad at myself yesterday and I guess that's what I needed to do because I'm doing much better(mentally/diet/exercise) ---need to keep it UP(so the weight can come DOWN)!

Kris, been meaning to ask what is POP? Jillian would have kicked my butt last week, but it is good to write down foods so I can really look at it later. I'm shopping today and am hoping "my fridge looks like a farmers market exploded in it" tonight too.

Mindy, dang that snow- I hope you are at least getting sun with that. Nice treadmill workout, like the every Sunday challenge.

Jeni, good to hear your whole family is eating clean foods at Disney, I'm impressed. Can't believe you have 85 temp, lovely.

Carma, good to hear you are not sore, very nice. I'm hurting enough that I may need an adjustment if my neck and shoulders can't recoup by the end of the week. Awesome to have a personal trainer, talk about a reason to focus.

Mavis, Hugs and prayers.

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-11-2014, 09:40 PM
Hi all TOM cravings a little more today. Forced myself out for two walks to get my 14713. Second was a walk run. I was trying to sprint on the downhill and work on my form.
I found out a former coworker passed away from cancer today. She was 30. So sad. I made sure to hug both kids.

Kris I sent you a Pinterest email request. Carmaoks at aol. Holy crap on the 100 sit-ups.

Diane: it's nice when getting mad at yourself turns to motivation and not depression.

Mindy: jealous of the smoky mountains. It looked gorgeous when I drove past that way.

Mavis: prayers sent for your dad. Hugs out to you.

Nixmom
03-12-2014, 01:48 AM
Evening Girls!

Council meeting was short. Just the way I like them! So here I am making good on my goal of daily posting!

Carma! I got your request and am now following you on Pinterest. I think you have to "follow" my boards and then I can add you to pin to Weed N Feed.

Diana - POP is perfectly on plan. Fill that fridge with natures goodies! You can do this! Proud of you for tracking food, regardless of what Jillian may have said.

Mtiggie - 100 like this - 20 straight crunches, 20 to left knee, 20 to right knee, 20 side to side, 20 reverse. I coughed today, and thought I was gonna die.

Jen :wave:

So I was 227 on Sunday. This morning, 223.2. :carrot: Tuesday is my weigh in day on weight watchers and it works for me. Plus it encourages me to not blow it on Mondays and the "back to work" blues every week. I realize its water weight (and Yes I am eating plenty). Just glad that the scale is moving. I am shooting for 1% loss each week. Next number 221.

Okay -getting late. Gotta check some bills and head to bed. Be good to yourselves!

mtiger
03-12-2014, 11:15 AM
Kris- I probably wouldnt be able to move after that. I did some side crunches at the gym and boy do I feel those. Good job this week. Keep it up. I cant seem to lose anything. Still trying.

Carma- Keep moving...good job. Just found out a coworker is retiring because of dementia. She is so young. YIKES!!! We are so fortunate to have good health.

Working- Sometimes a good kick in the butt is needed. Go for it.

So YES, we did get that snow. Looks like more than predicted. No school today. It is our last allowed snow day. There is about 6 inches plus drifts out there. Gonna get some work done today.

Nixmom
03-12-2014, 10:48 PM
Ahh. Sweet victory. Its been a good week so far, Mtiggie. I think of all you girls now when I get home and "don't wanna" exercise or even change my clothes. You keep me going ladies!

Got home early and hubby walked and talked with me while dogs ran around like kids. There is an area by us that is only 1/2 developed with streets that are completed but thats it. Dirt flats everywhere around. It was breezy and about 68. Perfection for a stroll and chat.

Came home. Another 100 sit ups down and added a 10 second plank. I am so weak from ignoring my health. I can't wait to have that moment where I think "hey, that was EASIER this time"

Mindy - Snow - such a foreign concept here. Hope you stay warm and enjoy your snow day.

I'm gonna go feed the fur babies and shower. Hope all you girls are doing already.

Mavie - heavy on my mind, always in my prayers! :hug:

mothermavis
03-13-2014, 10:22 PM
Kris, thank you. :hug: Tough time right now. Good for you doing all those crunches!

Mindy, 21 freaking inches of that white crap yesterday and last night. Sick of winter!!!!!!!!!!!! How is your bodybuilding plan going?

Carma, so happy you were able to go ahead with the 5K! I am thinking of doing one here the first week in April, shirts are long sleeved tech shirts (and for me, it's about the shirt! :o Thanks for the prayers for Dad. He sure needs them.

Diana, hope your neck and back are better. Thank you for the hugs and prayers.

Jeni, welcome back !! Thank you. :hug: Loved seeing your pics, glad you had a wonderful family vacation!

Crazy right now. Dad. Family stress of course. Have one of my houses ready to close. Other job busy too! I am working hard to keep going to the Y in the AM. To lose that surely is not going to heal my Dad and it's not going to make me feel better either. Today could have been a little cleaner food wise, but was not too bad all things considered.

W Got about 50 so far, having a bit now
E Ran at the y, my phone conked out as I was walking in, so no music! UGH!
E Like I said, could have been better, but I still have about 300 calories to go
D Control what you can control

Nixmom
03-14-2014, 01:55 AM
Mavie - You stay strong. You continue to love yourself and we're here for you when you need us. Thinking of you as always.

This time last night hubby and I were sitting in the PET EMERGENCY vet clinic 20 miles from home with a dog with a leg that had been ripped open by a coyote. They wanted $1000 to stitch his bite wound up. Hubby told them - "give him an antibiotic shot and we'll take him to our vet in the morning." They gave him a pain shot and antibiotic and we headed home.

Dog was groggy and whining all night, pooped all over the house, and was heartbreakingly tired. I woke up this morning, dog #2 (which I swear I had thoroughly checked the night before) walked past me. On her back leg, a coyote bite as well. So $600 later BOTH dogs are sewn up, medicated and not happy. One has a drain in her wound, which I get to clean 3 times a day (yuck).

And, true to my life, this weekend I have the house to myself. No hubby. No kids. But now I have two disabled dogs to look after. It'll probably save me a ton of money by keeping me out of the mall. Supposed to be 90ish here this weekend. Everything is going haywire. I just want to eat a bag of tater tots. :dizzy:

Instead I came here. Going to hit submit and go to bed. I need some sleep. Hope you are all doing well.

mtiger
03-14-2014, 08:26 AM
Kris- I saw the wounds. Man, that would be scary. We have lots of coyotes here too but my dogs would be dinner for them. 10 pounds is about a right sized meal. Hope they are doing okay. Did the dogs roam or were the critters that close to your house? You keep sittin up girl. Good for you!!

MM- Hang in there. Don't let the stress get to you. Thinking of you always. Sorry you got socked with 21 inches, we got eight. Do ya think ole man winter is done yet???

Jeni- Glad you had a good time on vacay. Tough to come back to the grind. Here's to smooth transitions.

Busy time at work..March is Reading Month stuff. I have a conference this weekend..reading. I think my hubby is going to sneak up and spend some time with me. That should be fun. My son is moving today so needs some help, but I still need to hit the gym. Hope I can fit it all in. Down a little today...182.8. Still shooting for the 170's by break.

jcatron243
03-14-2014, 12:18 PM
:wave: Hi everyone.

Kris~I hope your puppies are okay. I love having the house to myself, that is when I get most of my work done!

MM~I hate trying to work out with no music!! I usually get so bored I quit early. (unless I have the tv going.) 21 inches of snow~YIKES!

Mindy~I'm glad the scale is moving for you. I'm going to find some time today to look up Jamie on bodybuilding.com.

Disneyland was great as usual. I'm up about a pound, but nothing that I am worried about. I am so ready to be able to cook my own healthy food, and start back with my green smoothies, I can't wait to run! It's a nice day today so I am thinking about doing a couple of miles outside.

It's funny, I wasn't sore at all during my vacation, but yesterday, being an "off day" my legs were so sore!

W 80 oz
E 40 minute run, 20 minutes target training
E eat clean, I'm shooting for about 1375 today.
D get back to working out. no excuses!

workinglikeadog
03-14-2014, 02:39 PM
Morning Ladies, just a quick report. My getting mad (I'ld had it!) really worked. I weighed in at 154 this morning(from 157.5 on Monday), I'm on a roll now!:carrot::carrot::carrot: Thank you for your daily support and inspiration :hug:

Kris, we have coyotes here too. I am blessed and amazed to still have three cats 8yrs, 8yrs and 12 yrs-amazing! I have to keep an eye on my dog, he is too friendly, sorta scarry. I'm so pround of you for going to bed and not stress eating - wow.

Mavis, You are so strong, control what you can control is a great reminder for me this morning as well.

Jeni, Glad your vacation was so good for you.

Nixmom
03-15-2014, 01:08 AM
Well today was a bust. Dogs and I slept 4 hours, and then I went batty trying to keep them from whining to go outside. I drove them around on errands with me and I am pooped. I am also stressing out that the antibiotic will make them poop, in my house.

I ate like crap all day, but will be back to good tomorrow. Hoping to get some new recipes and try them. Really just looking forward to cleaning my house, surfing for house ideas on the web, and maybe ordering some new bedding.

Jen - so glad you had a nice vacation. You couldn't have timed it better for weather. You guys rock being the park openers 3 YEARS IN A ROW!

Mtiggie - yay for reading, yay for hubby visits at conferences, and YAY FOR BREAK APPROACHING!

Diana - Good Girl! Congrats on the drop and you just keep getting here and letting us celebrate with you!

Mavie & Carma - :hug:

jcatron243
03-15-2014, 11:50 AM
Diana~ great job!! It's always nice seeing that big drop!

Kris~ I hope your dogs slept okay last night without making any messes! The weather was so amazing for our trip!! My friends ask me what our secret is about opening at the park, but I think that we just stand out! We are nearly always first in line, and always talk or play games. (We found a charades app this year, it made standing in lines awesome!)

Last nights basketball practice went well! I definitely worked up a sweat. We have a game today, I hope we get all of the kids at the game! I won't be running in that 5k today because of the basketball game.

I planned on a slow easy run yesterday, 1% incline at 4.8mph. It wasn't comfortable, so I put the incline back to 1.5% and speed at 5.1 (this is my normal run speed.) I was happy that it was easy for me, but I think it is a sign that I need to increase my speed again.

W 80 oz!! I did well at this yesterday!
E My plan is 40 minute run, 20 target training, before the basketball game. But my family needs to wake up first!
E1350 cals. It felt so good to eat clean yesterday. I need to get my body used to eating at regular intervals again though. I'm going to start using my single serve ninja cup for my smoothies,
D Workout. Eat clean. Continue with the lifestyle that I have been living the last 8 months. 7 days will not knock me out!

jcatron243
03-16-2014, 02:09 PM
Good morning!!

My workout yesterday was a 35 minute run, I didn't have time for target training.

W 80 oz!
E 45 minute cardio 15 minutes weights at the gym!
E 1350 cals (green smoothie of the day: 1/2 pear, 1 frozen banana, 1 cup of spinach,1/4 cup cranberries, 1 cup of almond milk, 1/4 tsp ginger, 1/4 cup of cinnamon, 2 tbsp protein powder, 1 tbsp chia seeds 418 calories, but so good!)
D Workout, eat clean.

mothermavis
03-16-2014, 06:47 PM
Jeni, sounds good! Mine was spinach, 1/2 cup of frozen tropical fruit. small banana, greek yogurt (pineapple) and a touch of margarita crystal light.

Had a few oatmeal cookies today, but that was not so bad overall!

Thanks ladies for all the support. I'm too tired for personals. Be back later in the week.

Going to keep trying y in the am, 1200 calories a day, 100 oz of water and just keep on keeping on

Nixmom
03-16-2014, 10:09 PM
Dogs were good last night. Hubby is home now so the quiet house is a thing of the past. I brought work home Thursday that I never even cracked open. My one goal was to get my kitchen lighting for the new house figured out. Too many choices. Didn't get much done this weekend.

Mavie XOXOXO glad you are plugging along! Good to see you stop in.

Jen - I am going to try a smoothie this week. The gilrs at work make them but load them with nothing but fruit. Too much sugar for me. I'm gonna steal your recipe!

Mtig, Carma, Diana - Hope you are all doing well.

I need to regroup. Let myself slide this lazy weekend and man can I feel the difference.

WEED this week
W - 64 oz ( I gotta be realistic here)
E - Walk dogs 3 times (should be able to do this tomorrow with okay from vet)
E - LOG IN WW and DO NOT USE THOSE TEMPTING POINTS!
D - The only day you have is today. Make it count.

mtiger
03-17-2014, 08:27 AM
Well after spending the weekend at a conference and eating out for all meals I can't complain today. I am the same weight..183.6. Now it is time to get back on the wagon and work hard this week. husband is working late so looks like I will be hitting the gym solo.

Back to the grind today. Must remember....3 weeks till break. 3 weeks till smokey mts....3 weeks till relaxation and fun and adventure. How long again??

jcatron243
03-17-2014, 10:59 AM
MM~ Keep going! Take care of yourself.

Kris~ I like to throw a handful of carrots or half a cucumber in my smoothies as well.

Mindy~I'm glad you maintained this week! 3 weeks!

DH and I did NOT want to head to the gym yesterday afternoon, we knew we had to, and We did it! We promised the kiddos they could swim so it forced us to do it!

I spent the last 9 days with my husband and family! It has been great! Today I send Will and the kids back to reality, and I have one day to catch up on stuff! (okay I work tomorrow and have wed and thurs off) I love my family, but I am looking forward to being alone.

W 80 oz
E 65 minute run 20 minute target training
E 1350 cals
D getting stuff done!

workinglikeadog
03-17-2014, 12:51 PM
Good Morning Ladies. I'm working at not being stressed - so much to do this week and school issues with ds (but not really life disrupting, so must put in the right priority). Rant over, must count my blessings and focus on this week. Sending FOCUS power to all who need it this week (including myself). Don't forget to wear green today! :goldpot:

Kris, I am hoping that your dogs are healing well, sounds like it.

Mindy, Conferences are fun but it's a challenge to eat and exercise properly. Three weeks till break, nice.

Jeni, You are a powerhouse, I enjoy hearing how you refocus and get things done.

Mavie and Carma, hope you do well this week.

This week:
W- 50 oz of water- doing good but can push the ceiling.
E- Trying for 60mins of exercise a day, all week. Got 35 mins this a.m.
E- Write down and keep up NO whites this week.
D-Clean Eating and more exercise time than last week.

Nixmom
03-17-2014, 11:29 PM
Evenin' Chickypoos

Working - I see you have a habit thread too! Maybe I'll join the next one! I totally get the "working at not being stressed" because I have to work at relaxing. I'm not good at it. I am good at checking out and then feeling like I wasted my whole day (hello - this weekend) but I am not good at "enjoying" my relaxation time. Work at not being stressed. Yep. That is a humdinger. Reflecting all focus energy right back to you!

Mtig - The answer is 3 weeks ;)

Jen -I agree with Diana. You are pretty amazing. You should be proud of yourself, Jen. You have come a long way and been a stronghold for your family. And to know the value of alone time... yes, you are woman!

Mavies, Carma, :hug:

As for me.... got to work at 11:00 after vet for dog check up (they're great, thanks) and found out I had meetings at 11:00 1:30 3:30. So much for anything productive. Just as I was settling in to get something done at 5pm, a coworker gently reminded me that I needed to go home because "Kris, you promised yourself you would walk your dogs on Mon/Wed/Fri." I said, you know what, you're right.

I just walked with son and dogs for 35 minutes. I did 100 sit ups. I am now going to eat a late, but healthy dinner, and turn in.

Hope you all have a wonderful night.

jcatron243
03-18-2014, 06:46 AM
Good Morning Everyone. Back to reality. Boo.

Diana~ I completely forgot to tell my kids to wear green. Luckily they remembered themselves. I have green on two of my tattoos, so I'm always good.

Kris~ Great Job at keeping your promise to yourself. I know how hard it is, especially when you have something you know you need to do.

Yesterday I got my main chore done, which was folding laundry. I know I should have folded after each load, but I was just enjoying my relaxing time! I also got in my first 5 mile run post-vacation yesterday. It was too easy. I need to bump up my speed or just go outside (but I don't want to run in the rain). I was so hungry afterwards though. I should have added more protein to my smoothie.

W 64 oz.
E 60 minutes at they gym with DH.
E 1350 cals. I way overate yesterday, I can't do that again.
D Fit is not a destination, it is a way of life.

mtiger
03-18-2014, 08:31 AM
Jeni- Good run!! I hate going back to work after vacay. Especially spring break because that puts us so close to summer. Ease back into it girl.

Kris- Glad the dogs are doing well. And I am sure they LOVED walking with you. You keep doing that. We must schedule that time for ourselves. Just another meeting.

I did a 3 mile run at the gym. I did not do my weight stuff. Fitbit said to eat 1600 calories. Yikes. I only made it 1200. Didn't lose an ounce. Maybe I should have eaten more???

Hubby and I were looking at some thing to do in TN. The worlds longest rope bridge is there. I wanna do it. There will be many hikes to waterfalls also. We want to find the locals kind of stuff to do. So ready!!! I just need to get through our Literacy night and 2 night of parent/teacher conferences, plus one field trip. WOWSER!!!

mtiger
03-19-2014, 08:22 AM
Quick run last night..30 min, 2.38 miles. Then did some shoulders and triceps. Still 183.6 today. Blah blah blah....

jcatron243
03-19-2014, 12:27 PM
Mindy, Keep going! Think of how strong you are getting!

My scale is on the upswing. I know I normally see it going up about this time in my cycle, but man it is freaking me out. I know, Keep running and eating right and it will come off! Or even if it doesn't, I am still healthy and strong! (but I still want the numbers on the scale to reflect my work!)

Yesterday was the first time DH and I didn't workout on a Tuesday together since our troubles in August. He wasn't feeling well, and had to work late. So instead of being smart and jumping on my treadmill, I sat down and had a snack. That is not going to happen again, because once I started snacking I didn't stop. (one reason for the scale going up?)

W 80 oz
E Thinking a 65 minute run, and target training, but I am working out tonight with DH for 60 minutes. Maybe a double workout to make me feel better.
E 1300 clean calories.
D~eat clean, exercise, clean Tommy's room. He normally does it, but I think it is in need of a deep cleaning.

workinglikeadog
03-19-2014, 01:50 PM
Morning Ladies, will thow myself outside once I finish this thread, it's 43 and SUNNY yeah!. Doing well on no whites this week, but what do I do on Friday when there will be a naughty dessert? Skip or maybe eat what I can of it? I was listening to an interesting free program called "The Calorie myth" yesterday. The author implies that if you eat nothing processed (with mostly veggies, then protein, then some fats and fruits) you can eat more and lose weight, what is your take on this?

Kris, yes gotta work on my reactions - still! My husband says, break things up into smaller manageable steps, so I will try that today. The "Forming new Habits" thread can be and is started at any time. This is in part due to if someone uses three pause days and someone else does not, you would be on different success days even if you started the same day. Come on over, It has been very helpful for me.

Mindy, congrats on that 3 mile run, I will think of you on my fast walk today. I also love waterfalls and the rope bridge in TN sounds cool too!

Hugs to All :hug:

mtiger
03-20-2014, 08:21 AM
Dang it..darn..Come on..really??? That scale just will not budge. It went up a bit today 183.6 to 184. I am working out 5 days a week, following my plan, eating 1:1:1 and I got nothing. This is when frustration sets in. DId a little over two miles last night but I threw in some hill walking. Then it was leg night. Lunges, squats, deadlifts......

Working- Everyone says to eat as close to whole foods as possible. So yes, I believe it. Just wish it was working for me. I am doing 1 protein, 1 carb and 1 fat at each meal. Other than cereal and bread I am eating unprocessed.

jcatron243
03-20-2014, 12:20 PM
Good Morning everyone! Happy first day of SPRING!!!

Diana~ I believe that if you are eating non-processed foods you can eat more, but not all you want. That is one reason that even though my smoothies are higher in calories, I would take one over a slimfast or protein shake any day.

Mindy~ I don't know what to say about your scale. I understand just how frustrating it is.

I ended up only running 1.25 miles yesterday morning then working out with DH in the evening. I really don't want to get into the habit of over-doing it, but I did get really down on myself for not running when I should have.

W 80 oz
E 65 minute run today 20 minutes target training
E 1300 cals
D pick up my mood with a good run.

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-20-2014, 11:20 PM
Hi ladies. Sorry had a lazy glutinous weekend and didn't' check in. I had permission from my trainer to get the cravings out of the way. No scale since last Friday which was 205.2. Started my regimen with the trainer. Diet since Monday between 1200-1325 calories. With a balance of around protein 35% of calories. Carbs 41% of calories and far 24%of calories. I eat between 5-6 meals a day. No from 4pm on and only carbs are whole grain high vegetable. Not been hungry. Training going well. Will do personals tomorrow.

jcatron243
03-21-2014, 06:43 AM
Hi Carma! I can't wait to hear about your experience with the trainer.

I fought my brain to run yesterday. But I finished it 5.35 miles in 65 minutes. It's my normal run, but my heart wasn't in it.

I definitely think I will be posting a gain this month. Not a big one, but trying to find the right way to maintain is going to be hard.

W 64 oz
E none, basketball practice and work.
E 1400 cals
D eat more during the day so I don't get the hungries after work.

mtiger
03-21-2014, 08:34 AM
Well not only did I not lose weight, but now I have gained 1.5. This SHOULD be mid-cycle but who knows these days. That COULD account for a little gain. I am going to give it a week and see what happens. DIdn't make it to the gym yesterday but I am back on it today.

Jeni- Good job on the run. Hubby and I will be doing that 99 minute thing on Sunday. Have to see what I can manage.

Nixmom
03-21-2014, 10:05 PM
Hey girls -

Sorry I was not here for a few days. Preoccupied with:
FIL in hospital for melanoma removal and skin graft
Daily trips to my dads to feed his cats while he is in MO looking to buy house there.
CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY MAKING WORKLOADS
Trying to pick more tile, lights, ceiling fixtures for the house.

I have eaten horribly, not tracked WW, but have walked dogs and done sit ups.

I have to vent though. My hubby came home a week ago stating his youngest (DS 9) is doing horribly in school. He talked to his ex and she agreed (finally) to let DS stay one week with us, and one week with her. No problem, except my husband failed to mention it was starting TODAY. Now, you have heard me rant about what a planner I am. I do not do well with things sprung on me. Trying to keep my composure, but wanting to scream.

Going to clean my house, and reassess kids room so stuff doesn't disappear. BAck later for personals. Miss you all immensely.

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-21-2014, 10:50 PM
Okay personals first then I will update on me.

Kris: sorry to hear about doggies. Deep breath for the surprise.

Jeni: good job getting your run. Have you run outside yet?

Diane: I totally believe that processed foods are a good part of the health care problem in this country. Wasn't exactly sure what it meant on the calorie myth. Or if it was meaning empty calories are bad.

Mavis: :hug:

Mindy. Sorry to hear about the gain. It will melt away with that 99 minute thing. Hang tough on the diet.

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-21-2014, 11:03 PM
Okay so hear is the deal with the personal trainer plan. It was 400 bucks for the 12 week slim down. I get measured and weighed every 4 weeks and a week later I get a nutritional plan and work-out regimen. The formula he gave me is basically 110gm protein. 134gm carbs and 30 gm fat. This balances out to be 41% carbs, 35% protein,24% fat. I play around a bit but it's specifically no carbs but green or low sugar veg after 4pm. I also have to eat every 3 hours.
Weight lifting is chest& shoulders Tuesday. Abs &back Thursday, triceps bicept and abs Saturday. Legs Sunday. I also need 5 minutes warm up cardio prior to lifting. Then 25 minutes cardio after. Monday Wednesday Friday are also cardio days. 1 hr.
So week 1 5 days done. I was 205.2 last Friday. Ate like a pig over the weekend didn't weigh Monday but I am sure it was higher. Today 202.8lbs and I fit into the size 14 jeans my neighbor gave me!
I eat between 1200-1300 calories and have not been hungry.

jcatron243
03-22-2014, 06:42 AM
Carma~are you able to eat protein after four?

Mindy~ I really need to do that (your 99 minute workout). I was doing really well at long runs once a week, but I don't know why, I haven't since my 9.5 mile run.

Kris~I hope you get settled into a new routine quickly, but make sure there is time for yourself!! Even if all you do is prepare your food/snacks for the next week, it will make such a difference!

MM~ Missing you!

Official W/I day!!
July 22~180
August 22~172.8
September 22~160.8
October22~150.2
November 22~149.8
December 23~151.6
January ~~~145.2
February~~142.6
March~~142.8 I thought I would be posting a huge gain today, but .2 of a pound I will take. (still 2 pounds higher than when I went to Disneyland though).

DH was late to basketball practice so I took over for the first 30 minutes. I'm definitely not the "fun one", but practice still went well.

W 64 oz
E 35 minute run tonight
E 1400 cals
D control the controllable

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-22-2014, 10:32 AM
Jeni: Lots of protein after 4. Just no high carbs. So up until 4 pm I can have higher carbs but whole grain ones only or ones with sugar. For example I can have chobani low fat yogurt with fruit, after 4 pm only the plain with artificial sweeteners. For lunch I can have sweet potato with protein and green vegetables. For dinner just green vegetables and onions garlic etc and 3oz protein. Make sense?

mtiger
03-22-2014, 01:18 PM
SOunds like a typical bodybuilder diet. Plenty of good protein, lots of veggies (which I have a hard time with) throw in some good fats and whole grain types of carbs. This is what I have been trying to do. The veggie thing kills me though. I probably need to start eliminating carbs after a certain time. This is also the 1:1:1 plan I have talked about.

SO I think my little gain was due to mid-cycle. I used to gain like crazy at that time so approx 2 pounds wasnt bad. I am down from 185.2 to 183.2 today. Now if I can only get back out of the 180's. All my cute clothes fit in the 170's. No gym today but we just did a bunch of yard work. Winter made a mess!!!

Tomorrow is the 99 minute workout. Then next week I am onh to phase two with Jamie Eason. I looks hard. Am I ready for this???

workinglikeadog
03-22-2014, 05:24 PM
Afternoon Ladies, trying again to get good photos for my senior son. I'll look at them after this and hope I took a keeper.

Mindy, Winter does make a mess of thinks. I don't understand how weeds can grow in winter when nothing else does, ugh. Gonna try to get outside and start re-mulching today.

Carma, so exciting that you have a personal trainer(your schedule for eating and exercising sound good). I think this "Calorie Myth" guy thinks that if you eat mostly non- starchy veg, then less protein, even less good fats, and almost no fruits --- you don't have to count calories cause you will be full and not gain weight. I like the part about not counting calories. I am still forming lifetime habits that will keep me within a healthy weight range(even during the winter holidays).

Jeni, maintainence/life long healthy habits are so challenging. If am catching and turning weight gain around earlier. Trying to feel how foods effect me this time, mentally and physically. My list of foods to avoid is getting clearer.

Kris, Your life is so full right now, you are one busy lady - hang in there. I'm glad to see you've gotten time in walking your dogs, very therapeutic.

Mavis, thinking of you :hug:

Hugs to All :hug:

jcatron243
03-22-2014, 10:09 PM
Carma~that sounds right about what I was doing. Still doing is on most days.

Mindy~you will do great!! Inspiring me to get back into my 1/2 marathon training!!!

Diana~My really big thing is to continue to workout. Once I stop, it spirals into terrible eating, then to depression, then weight gain, then more depression and so on and so on.

Carma, was it you who asked if I had gotten an outside run yet?? Well Thank you very much for giving me a push to do it! I did it for the first time today :carrot: This is why our group is so important, to remind us of what we want to accomplish!! Not only did I run outside (and survive!) I ran 3.68 miles with an average pace of 10:33!! I normally do 12:30 on the treadmill!!! (This is also after a 12 hour shift!!!)

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-22-2014, 11:11 PM
ugh frustrated. I fill in from time to time in critical care. Struggled to get to sleep. Finally got an hour in. Supervisor called to wake me to tell me I am cancelled. Now I got an hours nap in before bed. So am I tired now???? Nope.
Okay vent over. So far I am at 18500 steps. :carrot: Will go for a walk with the dog after I eat my remaining protein and vegetable.

jeni: good for you getting out for your run :hug: I know that was a big mental step for you.

Diana: I am still calorie counting despite my set menu. Probably because I vary it a little. Some days like today I am struggling to get it all in as I really am truly not hungry right now. I stopped at GNC today in search of these quest bars that the plan has on it. I have been trying to find them because I can have them later in the day as they are lower in carb or earlier in the day with a piece of fruit. I almost had to laugh when one of the guys at the store when I asked for it said "Put it in the microwave, it will change your life" The poor guy behind the counter is getting ready for a body builder competition. He said his next several months his diet will consist of chicken, brown rice and spinach or broccoli. Note to self no body builder competition.

Mindy: You really struggle with the vegetables? I have a hard time getting a 100gms of protein in. I had shrimp cocktail today to get the extra protein and mix it up. Was not totally in love with it but I did it for the protein. (insert Arnold voice here) :wl:

Kris: Hope your day is going well.

Mavis: as always thinking of you.

jcatron243
03-23-2014, 06:40 AM
Good Morning. I hate those mornings when I wake up feeling disoriented.

Carma~I would get frustrated if that happened to me too. What my plant does is have you come in for four hours then send you home if you are not needed.

W 64 oz
E 35 minute run. not sure if it is going to be outside or not. I definitely loved the outdoor run, but my body is a little sore today (could be the pace too)
E 1400 cals
D Exercise to be fit.

jcatron243
03-24-2014, 06:39 AM
Good Morning everyone!

I didn't run yesterday.. I took the day off and tilled up my little garden and made plans to expand it! I have a little 4 x 4 garden that grew beautifully last year. This year I am going to try to grow my own baby spinach, and some herbs. (I also do snap peas, green beans, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, leaf lettuce, carrots, and onions. I'm thinking cilantro, parsley, basil, and mint. I also think I am going to get some blueberry bushes going and more strawberries. I am so excited to get my garden going!!

W 64 oz
E 35 minutes on the treadmill. Weather will be nice, but I will be alone with the kids. Plus I have to cook dinner while I run.
E 1400 cals
D Love myself.

mtiger
03-24-2014, 08:25 AM
So we did our 99 minute workout. I hit 7.08 miles. It was almost a 14 minute mile pace. Not real fast but long. Dropped back to 183.2. I start the phase two of the weight program today. Wish me luck.

Jeni- Saw you posted ur run outside. Good for you. Wish I could run outside. Still too cold. I think it is 10 with a high of 26 today.

Carma- I have been eating Quest bars for a few weeks. I switch up with a protein shake. I have them after my workouts. The bars are VERy chewy. Those body building guys are something. It was one of them at GNC that helped me find the program I am using...and Quest bars and shakes.

workinglikeadog
03-24-2014, 11:26 PM
Jeni, I have difficulties restarting the exercise routine in fall but get so busy with farming and gardening in summer that there is no time. It is a problem, don't know what my solution is. Yes, it is so depressing gaining and losing weight, plus hard to break those new bad eating habits. Gonna try to stay with my support team (YOU) year round, guess that is a solution. ;)

Carma, your visit to the GNC store was a hoot. Did you like the quest bar - what are the main ingredients? Sometimes you need food on the run and want it to be good for you. That is excellent that you are not hungry for the most part, that's the way it should be I think. Mostly cause I don't want to be thinking of food all day.

Mindy, I like most veggies, so that is a big help in filling up. I am amazed at how sweet steamed cabbage is. I've been on a kick of darker veggies cause they have more nutrition than the same lighter version veggie. My purple cabbage is so pretty on the plate, but the red steam water is a bit weird to look at

Hi Mavis & Kris.

This week:
W- 50 oz of water- Needing to remind myself this week
E- 30mins a.m. and try for 30 mins mid day.
E- Continue with NO whites.- I must confess, I made choc.chip cookies for my dh and ds & caught myself AFTER tasting the batter - talk about a habit! But I didn't have any cookies.
D-Work on improving my positive "I can do this" attitude and don't let ds get under my skin.

mtiger
03-25-2014, 08:16 AM
I really don't know what to do anymore. I can't seem to make any progress. I certainly can't get below 183 and that stinks. I am getting really depressed about it. I workout a lot and something good should be happening. I grumpily told my husband this morning that I might try going back to Medical Weight Loss...although I didn't lose that much there either. GGRR!!:mad::?:

jcatron243
03-25-2014, 10:09 AM
Mindy~I'm so sorry you are having a rough time. Are you measuring? or using clothes to guide your progress? DH is going through the same thing. He works out every day, eats 1700-1900 calories daily, and still hasn't lost a pound after the initial whosh. I don't know what to say to him at all. Your 7 miles was great!!! I am so proud of you! I did enjoy the out door run so much, but it is my only one for a while, because we have rain in the forecast for the next 11 days (through my entire weekend off!)

Diana~ I am not going to stop working out again. My eating might have good and bad days, but I am giving myself 30+ minutes a day for my health. Coming here (to this board) is essential for me, without all of you I would definitely lose focus! You CAN do this!!!

My run after work yesterday was good. I used my outdoor run as inspiration for my speed. I ran at 5.6 mph (normal is 5.1). I am making this my normal speed for the moment. I make back down a little for my 60 minute runs, but only if I can't go on.

W 80 oz
E 65 minute run/ 60 minute gym time with DH
E1400 cals (slowly building up)
D house work today. Go to home depot for soil and seeds. Set myself up for a good mood day.

Nixmom
03-26-2014, 02:56 AM
Crazy town. Still here. Just need to survive Wednesday and I will be back.

Mtiggie - Have you ever tried juicing? Even if just for a week? Just a thought. I am going to do it next week. I will juice breakfast and lunch and eat a small dinner. I know you are frustrated but don't give up. :hug: Let me get back here and maybe we can do something together.

227 this morning. Too swollen to wear wedding ring. Gotta chose differently.

Ladies - miss you all. Be good.

jcatron243
03-26-2014, 06:23 AM
Hi Kris!

Well, my double workout turned into no workout. Well that isn't true, I ran a mile.

W 64 oz
E 60 minutes gymtime
E1400 cals
D be positive

workinglikeadog
03-27-2014, 02:04 AM
Hi Kris, Jeni and Mindy, Got my water jug out and will start measuring liquids again starting tomorrow. I've been really hungry and I think I'm not drinking enough. I'm getting my 30 mins in the morning, but have been on the go and have't had energy or time for more. May have to schedule pm exercise(o.k., just put a sticky note by my chair). My diet is doing well other that being hungry as a bear. Weds was mentally hard and started that way this morning till I got mad at my attitude. This shifted something cause after chewing myself out, I had a great day. Have a great day on Thursday. It's my town day and a dentist apt., ugh. Time to post and get to bed.

jcatron243
03-27-2014, 06:32 AM
Diana~great job getting in the 30 minutes!

Last day of my work week. Yay! Tomorrow kids have half a day of school, but Tommy doesn't get to go, he has an orthodontist appointment (fingers crossed no braces this year, but I have a feeling he will.

W 64 oz
E I think it may be another gym night.
E 1400 cals
D stop negative thinking.

mtiger
03-27-2014, 08:29 AM
hi everyone. Glad to see you all sticking with plans and working hard.

These last few weeks of March are tough ones. There is so much going on. Last night was reading night at school...no workout, mexican for dinner. Friday getting hair done before vacay...MAY get in a workout. Then we are going to a bar for a goodbye night for our secretary. Then next week are two night of conferences till 8:30 and our anniversary on Tues. Hitting the gym look to be tough.

Good news is that after all the chaos we head for the mountains for a week. YAY!! I am so looking forward to that time with just me and my love.

I will hit the gym tonight and weigh-in at work tomorrow. Today I was the same, even after Mexican. 183.6

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-27-2014, 09:26 PM
Diana:yes the quest bar was good. I have tried cinnamon roll and banana nut. I did not put it in a microwave but did put it over a cup of cinnamon tea. The steam from the tea had the same softening principle I think. It is primarily a run thing. The bars are primarily a whey protein and some chemicals I can't pronounce but they have 20 grams of protein in them. Good job with the 30 minutes in the am. Sometimes at night I walk in place while watching T.V. Oh and I am a foodie. I think about food constantly. Probably always will. The important part is cooking it healthily and making better choices.

Mindy: I hate busy weeks like that. So exciting for your trip soon. We have just over a month until our cruise to Bermuda. Sorry your struggling with weight loss. I think I am at a mid cycle bloat/backed up time. I way in tomorrow and Monday as it is the last of the month. Will see how it is. I have been good so it has to be the hormones.

Jeni: ugh on the braces. I think my daughter will need them. Pricey. I am going to delay a bit as she still has a ton of teeth to lose.

Kris: hope your finding something that works for you.

Mavis: hugs to you and prayers for your father.

mtiger
03-28-2014, 08:20 AM
Leg workout was a killer..especially after a three mile run. I did all that i could until my legs were dying. Still 183.6.

workinglikeadog
03-28-2014, 01:11 PM
Looking forward to a day in the studio with fellow artist, painting on a chicken series - too fun. Got lunch premade and dinner pre-planned. Will have a water container in studio and did 30 mins this am. Attitude better, still a work in progress. Will be going on a mini vacation to Portland and Stevenson, Wa this weekend. We are going to a friends screen opening and then hanging out at a resort -relaxing. Have pre-planned what I need to order, think that should be o.k.. Might get to swim, love the water. I might not check in for a few days, or might say hi if I can figure out my smart phone.

Jeni, Like the Stop negative Thinking, boy have I been working on mental stuff.

Mindi, have fun at the conference and congrats on your anniversary. Good news about a week in the Mountains, so where are you headed from MI? Growing up in Cincy , we always headed towards the Appalatian or Smoky's.

Carla, Sometimes at night I walk in place while watching tv also. Luckily my dh is mostly patient with this habit, thanks for the reminder. 20g of protein, nice, and that Quest bar/tea combo sounds yummy. Yes, I think wanting to make healthier choices in the food area is huge, this is a great group to help remind me why.

Kris, hope you can wear your wedding ring soon.

Mavis, :hug:

jcatron243
03-28-2014, 07:50 PM
Quick stop by~~

W 64 oz
E 60 minutes before bball practices
E 1400 cals
D enjoy enjoy enjoy

mtiger
03-29-2014, 09:28 AM
No gym yesterday. Had a going away party for a co-worker. Had a few drinks and fun. Still the same weight today 183.8. Since getting to the the gym will be tough this next week I need to make sure I get there this weekend.

mothermavis
03-29-2014, 09:23 PM
Hey ladies! Missed you all!

Cancer sucks. Dad has started chemo, may give him a little more time. As long as it does not make him too sick to enjoy the time he has....

Working, hope you have a fabulous weekend away!!

Mindy, keep on keeping on. Have you taken your measurements? Might see a change there before you do on the scale.

Jeni, hope you did enjoy!

Kris, Sorry about crazy town. Been living there too. Juicing sounds like a great kick start! Probably the only appliance I don't own. They are giving one away in a fit challenge at work, I bought lots of raffle tickets!

Carma, I so identify with the foodie comments. I sometimes watch the Food Channel while I run on the dreadmill. :dizzy: LOL

W 100 doing OK with this
E Went to the Y this AM, ran for 30, walked for about 20 (warm up & cool down and then a friend I have not seen in ages was there so we walked on the indoor track to catch up for a few!) Also did Fitlinxx which is the weight circuit (machines) at my Y. Grocery shopped and that crap.
E OP, not perfect, but OK
D More frigging snow tonight, tomorrow is gonna be a never get dressed day!

jcatron243
03-30-2014, 01:21 PM
MM~ :hug: It's good to see you!

Mindy~Keep up the good work! It may not show on the scale, but I am sure you are looking good!

W 80 oz
E run today if the weather holds it will be outside, if not gym time with DH
E Need to eat cleaner today! 1400 cals
D Enjoy my good mood!

mtiger
03-31-2014, 08:24 AM
So cut my 99 minute workout down a bit. I got in 6.2 miles/10K in 83 minutes. What did the scale do for me?? Not a thing. 183.8 again.....
It will be a bad workout week. COnferences till 8:30 two nights, taking my hubby to Cirque de so lei?? on thursday for our anniversary. He doesnt know it. Then we leave Saturday morning. Well I will do the best I can do.

jcatron243
03-31-2014, 08:54 AM
Great run Mindy!

No run for me yesterday. Sat on my booty all day long.

Today is a different day! I work 6-2 (crazy) for training today and tomorrow. The plan is to get chicken in the crockpot and then head to the gym after DH gets off work.

W 64 oz
E 60 minutes
E 1400 cals
D be positive

jcatron243
04-01-2014, 08:32 AM
:wave: Hi everyone

I only ran a mile yesterday :( Today will be better, cooking class = 60 minute workout!

W 64 oz
E 60 minutes
E I'm not going to count today. potluck of treats at the training.
D stay away from negative people

workinglikeadog
04-01-2014, 10:50 PM
Skamania Lodge was fantastic, we wanna go it again next year. It was so good to get away for the weekend and DO nothing, plus no cooking and enjoyed gourmet food - YUM. I enjoyed the jacuzzi and sauna, wish I could bring those home with me.

Mindy, happy anniversary and enjoy Cirque de so lei.

Jeni, don't you love your crockpot. I put a deer roast in this a.m. before heading for town and it made dinner so easy.

Mavis, good to see your post. Can't believe you had more snow - that white stuff has got to be getting old. Hoping your dad does well with the chemo.

Hello Carma and Kris :wave:

This week:
W- 50 oz of water- Will measure this daily for a while.
E- 30mins a.m. and try for 30 mins mid day.
E- Continue with NO whites.- Interesting that over the weekend I had potatoes probably twice a day and weighted in this a.m. no change from my pre-vacation weight. While I'm glad I didn't gain, the starch -I think -stalled my typical weight loss I've been experiencing with the NO whites diet. Gonna eliminate potatoes (at least try) until I am at goal or slightly under.
D-Get back OP - exercise, water and diet!

mtiger
04-02-2014, 08:40 AM
More conferences tonight....till 8:30. This gets old quick. So no time to workout today or tomorrow. Then Friday night looks like we pack. Can't wait to get to those mountains. I'm sure they have a fitness room and we will need to hit it a few times. So excited, but so much to do yet before we can relax and enjoy.

I won't be posting while we are gone since it is more difficult to do on my phone. I'm sure I will post some pics to FB though.

jcatron243
04-02-2014, 10:40 AM
Diana~I'm glad you enjoyed your weekend away!

Mindy~I hope you have a blast!

I got in a decent workout yesterday with DH! He is the perfect workout partner. I do my thing he does his. It's supposed to be a nice day, so I plan on getting outside and running! It has to be done early today because it is conference week for us too and the kids are out early.

W 80 oz
E run. outside I hope. (editing: got outside to run, 6.5 miles 67:55 my average pace was 10:39!! my fastest mile was at the end it was 9:56!!) The best thing was that I could have gone farther. If I didn't have to get my kids I would have tried for 10 miles. I want to continue to run outside, but the kiddos are on spring break next week. so my choice is to run with them biking, leaving them home alone, or treadmill running. It is my long work week so I will be working out at the gym at night so I really only have to think about Tuesday and Friday)
E 1400 cals
D "You can't let one bad moment spoil a bunch of good ones"- Dale Earnhardt

mtiger
04-03-2014, 08:27 AM
Good run Jeni- You have gotten so quick. Great!! Wish I was keeping up with you. I can't even make it to the gym once this week and then next week is vacay. Yikes!!!

jcatron243
04-04-2014, 06:32 AM
Have a good time, Mindy!

Wow, was I sick yesterday. feeling a bit better today so its off to work I go.

W 64 oz
E BBall practice. Its our last one!
E1400 cals
D Make it through work

mtiger
04-04-2014, 08:31 AM
The show was great last night. My husband was surprised and really enjoyed it. YAY!! Last day of school before vacay. Have a ton to do tonight so we can head out tomorrow morning. So excited. Back to 183.8 today. Need to do a good job on break and not gain anything.

jcatron243
04-04-2014, 12:40 PM
I posted earlier that I was going to work. I was wrong. No workout today, but I will eat what I can and drink lots of water.

DH came home with a journal for each one of us. He wants us to journal our workouts, food, and water. I already use MFP (gotten out of the habit though), but I am going to do this with him to help support him. He has finally lost a pound! He is going to count calories for a few weeks. See exactly where he is at and go from there.

mtiger
04-05-2014, 07:43 AM
Well still sitting at 183.8 this week even with NO workouts. My goal is to NOT gain on vacation. We are about to head out so I wanted to drop in and say adios for a week. I'll see ya all next week. Keep doin what ya do!! FB friends will probably see a few pics along the way.

jcatron243
04-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Mindy~ Have an amazing time, enjoy the weather!!!

I'm feeling better today, but I stayed home from work to give make sure I am better.

Writing my food down was surprising. The little things that I would forget to put into MFP (like a handful of popcorn, coffee creamer) I wrote down. I had logged 1500 cals into MFP but 1700 in my book. Working with DH on journaling is going to be an eye opener for me I think. (We are using both MFP and our books.) I am going to food journal and wear my calorie counting thing during my workouts. (which I have missed because I have been sick :() I'm still working on maintenance but knowing how many calories I can eat during the day and still maintain means more food for me, right? Plus maybe in the future, if I want to get down to that 135 mark again I will have a really good starting point.

W 80 oz
E I think I will sneak in a run this afternoon when I am alone. Mak has a slumber party and DH is taking Tommy and his friend to see Captain America. I can't go because I stayed home sick. I have to set a good example for my kids.
E write it all down and see how I do. yesterday was 1700
D take care of myself. (again) but not be lazy.

workinglikeadog
04-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Good Morning Ladies, been feeling off in the head a bit the last few days - taking Vit C and keep moving.

Jeni, yes I have been catching myself have just a few pecans as I fix a dish or clean off the spoon before putting it in the sink. Need to put it all in my food journal - hard to remember(like my brain denies it).

Mindy, Have a great vacation - Enjoy!

mothermavis
04-05-2014, 04:54 PM
Hey ladies! Minday, you won't see til you get back, but wishing you a super vacay!

Kris, where are you?

Jeni, you rock! Look how fast you are getting! Just got my Southwest card in the mail, start saving toward my miles to go to Cali and do the Tinkerbell 1/2!!

Working, sounds like you are doing good! Keep on keeping on!

Carma, where are you too?

W 100
E gonna run in a few
E OP, everything in MFP, went to the grocery to stay on track
D Got everything out of the way today, grocery store, open house and now to relax!!

jcatron243
04-06-2014, 06:36 AM
Morning everyone!

Diana~ I hope the vit c works.

MM~ I really do enjoy my outside runs. I haven't been able to run since Weds. because of this bug, I will tonight (indoors).

I think Mak is getting my bug though. Poor girl right at the beginning of spring break too.

W 64 oz
E 35 minute run
E 1500 cals
D make it through work. Smile a little.

jcatron243
04-07-2014, 06:58 AM
Welcome to MONDAY! Okay well It isn't that exciting is it.

I way overate yesterday, but today will be back to normal. Getting my workouts back on now that I am feeling better! I so want to go for a run!

W 64 oz
E 60 minutes at the gym!
E 1700 cals
D Be in a good mood. Use my workouts to workout my stress!

workinglikeadog
04-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Good morning Ladies - Monday is the start of a new week, working on the enthusiasm I would like to have.

This week:
W- 50 oz of water- Keep this up!
E- 30mins a.m. or mid day walk
E- Continue with NO whites diet - Need to pick that chard growing in my garden.
D-Healthy positive thinking and quit stressing myself out!

mothermavis
04-07-2014, 09:58 PM
Crappy few days, but not letting it turn into crappy April!
BACK on track!! Right this minute.

No sugar! Can't seems to get back on track when I do that, so, need to more effectively eliminate that from my diet.

W 100
E Today was core class, tomorrow is spin
E POP
D Make good choices

workinglikeadog
04-08-2014, 12:23 PM
No sugar! Can't seems to get back on track when I do that, so, need to more effectively eliminate that from my diet.

After effectively retaining my weight at 150 and eating great food for the day I ate a huge piece of cake at 7pm. Today I weigh 151.5. Proof positive that my body can't handle white sugar and white flour.

This week's focus: back OP, no more pity party, no more whites, take more walks with my dog.

jcatron243
04-08-2014, 12:34 PM
Diana~I'm having trouble with positive thinking too. I work on it everyday.

MM~It took me a while to quit the sugar habit, but I don't crave it all anymore. (I'm not saying it doesn't look good, but I don't have that undying need to have it.) I really want to start taking classes again. I miss them so much. They Offer so much at my Y! I hear talk there is going to be a 1/2 marathon training class this summer!

Yesterday was a beautiful day, but I didn't run outside. I wanted to spend some good quality time with DH. So we worked out in the weight room. I got in 65 minutes of cardio. Well sort of. I can't get my heart rate above 125 unless I am running. That's a good thing, right? :)

W 80 oz
E 65 minute run. Probably on the treadmill because it is raining outside. EDIT: spent 80 minutes on my treadmill ran 7.1 miles.
E 1700 cals
D Have a wonderful day with the kids. Get in my run, house cleaning, grocery shopping!

jcatron243
04-09-2014, 06:25 AM
Good Morning everyone!!

W 80 oz
E 60 minutes at the gym
E 1700 cals
D have an amazing day.

workinglikeadog
04-09-2014, 12:48 PM
Good Morning Everyone :hug:

Thank YOU Jeni, you have an amazing day too!

jcatron243
04-10-2014, 06:34 AM
Good Morning~ I didn't workout yesterday. I was tired and needed a day off. BUT I cant workout today and tomorrow is a big?? My sister decided (last minute) that she and her family needed a ride from the airport tomorrow. (she is visiting from Maryland). I don't mind doing it, but I hate anything last minute. It's a 3 hour drive to the airport, so I will be exhausted by tomorrow night!

W 64 oz
E None. Maybe I will walk laps at work today.
E Be healthy.
D Confidence is like a muscle; the more you use it the stronger it gets!!!

workinglikeadog
04-11-2014, 12:13 PM
Good Morning Chicks :D Two thread updates, then throwing myself towards my studio - so close to finishing up a series. Finally lost my weight from the cake splurge earlier this week, shoo. I am a bit envious of my husband and his food is just food attitude(would like to be more like him). I woke up yesterday at 3 am with a calf cramp, so am exercising carefully this week. Otherwise I'm on program, though I could improve a bit.

Jeni, my one brother and family also live in Maryland. It takes me 2 hours to get to the PDX airport. I'll bet you will be (happy to see family but will be) tired from traveling today.

mtiger
04-13-2014, 08:19 PM
Well i am back home. It got less and less pretty the further north we drove. It is going to get cold here on Monday and tuesday...nice!! Had a blast in the mountains. Hit the gym once but did 3 different hikes. They were pretty intense. Especially the 5.4 hike up a mountain (1500 ft rise) and back. Beautiful waterfall at the top.
I am happy to report that I cam home and weighed in at 183.4. That's pretty darn good for eating out and vacationing. The mountain hikes helped I'm sure.

Well off to finish all those coming home chores before it is back to work tomorrow. Good news is....only 8 more weeks of school. TADA!!

mtiger
04-14-2014, 08:23 AM
Just heard we are supposed to get snow tomorrow. REALYY??? Can i go back to the mountains now?

jcatron243
04-14-2014, 10:47 AM
Good Morning everyone!

Diana~I picked my sister up from PDX! I'm 2 hours from Sea-Tac and 2 1/2 hours from PDX.

Mindy~Yuck snow after a nice vacation? I'm glad you had a good time!

So I didn't work out once this weekend. I know I will pay for it during my run today. Saturday DH and I went out for an afternoon date. It was a much needed day. That evening we did yard work and I got into my garden! Sunday was more gardening in the morning and taking down a tree, then headed up to visit my sister and have a birthday party for 3 kiddos.

W 80 oz
E 60 minute run
E clean eating!
D continue with with my happy streak!

NurseMichelle
04-14-2014, 06:59 PM
:wave: Just wanted to pop in and say HEEYYYYY WEEDERS!!!!! I can't commit to sticking around right now but it's so nice that you're still here when I get a random moment to pop and say hi. I wish the site had an app, I'm sure I'd be more in touch if I got here on my cell. Hope you're all well! See ya'll on Facebook xoxoxoxoooxoxoox :hug::hug::hug:

NurseMichelle
04-14-2014, 07:01 PM
Oh and hey! I weigh less than my ticker says! LOL

jcatron243
04-15-2014, 06:57 AM
Hi Michelle!

Well yesterdays run didn't happen. I don't know why I wasn't feeling it at all. But today is a new day. DH and I will work out tonight at the gym.

W 64 oz
E 60 minutes
E keep it clean
D live for today!

mothermavis
04-15-2014, 10:48 PM
Hey Michelle!

Mindy, t's snowing here too. Ugh

workinglikeadog
04-16-2014, 11:33 AM
Can't believe you (Mindy & Mavis)are still getting snow. We are holding are breath here hoping the night temps don't go below 32. The pear tree is still hanging onto it's blossoms and it would be nice to get fruit, it would be a first. We've had apples twice since 06 (blooms haven't even appeared yet), hate those late hard freezes. It was a hard winter with minus 15 two different times, I've lost numerous perennials, bummer. Gonna go plant trees in the windbreak today.

Morning Jeni, Nurse M. How are you doing Carma & Kris?

This week:
W- 50 oz of water- Need to measure this week
E- 30mins a.m. or mid day walk
E- Continue with NO whites diet - had a veg chinese stir fry & up one pound today(thinking there was a lot of salt ?)
D-Get back OP -CAN Do!!!

mothermavis
04-16-2014, 08:44 PM
It was pretty, sick of it though!

mothermavis
04-16-2014, 11:29 PM
Hello all, have been absent, trying to refocus!

W 100
E none today, did a few squats, that was all. Have a broken blood vessel in my eye, I look like ****!
E OP stuck with my 1200 calories today! Huge victory for me
D just keep at it

mothermavis
04-17-2014, 07:14 AM
New day. Day 2 POP, not going to get into the personals or I will be late! Try to do more of that over the weekend? Suffice it to say, I miss you ladies and I'm going to try to get back into posting most every day!

W 100
E Elliptical tonight? Light weights (still have the broken BV=glasses instead of contacts=no depth perception) so no running! LOL
E POP, 1200 calories again
D Keep the faith.

mtiger
04-17-2014, 08:26 AM
MM- We didnt get that much, just about an inch. It pretty much melted off during the day. It is supposed to get up to 60 by the weekend. YAY!!

Michelle- Hi. Stop in when you can. You keep working it girl.

Jeni- Did a walk/run last night. It was tough.

Dog- I always get apples. Sometimes the bugs get them though. My horse loves them.

So it is supposed to be high 50's today. I am thinking I will come home from work and do my first outside run of the year. The gym was a furnace yesterday and I miss the outdoors. 183.2 today. Come on....give it up scale.

jcatron243
04-17-2014, 12:17 PM
:wave: Hi everyone!! I haven't fallen off the face of the earth! I will be back in a while to post more!!

Nixmom
04-18-2014, 12:10 AM
Mavie hunted me down and called me out. THANK GOODNESS! Thanks Mavie.

I was getting lost in my work world and had slipped into the "I'll get back to it tomorrow", but today is tomorrow.

Missed you ladies, just couldn't get myself to even try to focus. Gonna get some good sleep tonight and come back with coffee int he morning to catch up with you wonderful chicks.

Ho:hug:pe you are all doing well.

jcatron243
04-18-2014, 06:32 AM
Here's our new thread!! Summer is coming ladies. Let's get our bodies in shape!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/294920-w-o-w-women-weed-summer-bodies-challenge.html#post4986877