Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat

lisa32989
02-19-2014, 04:25 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

shrinkingsusie
02-19-2014, 08:18 AM
Good morning!

TwoTots
02-19-2014, 08:34 AM
Good afternoon. Day 3 going well. Shrinkingsusie you are doing a great job. This is my second time around with IP. I am going to channel your determination and mirror your results!! Well done.

kontesanera
02-19-2014, 09:43 AM
I can't wait for Friday, my weigh in day. I can literally feel my weight coming off me. This will be my second weigh in. My fat pants are no longer hurting me and jeans that I bought at a charity Gap sale few weeks ago at $5 a piece are starting to fit (there was no change room). Even my parents (who are incidentally my biggest critics when I put on weight!) have noted that you can see the results on me already! I am pretty lucky as I gain weight evenly all over my body, so that is the way that it is also coming off.

ems70508
02-19-2014, 10:28 AM
I can't wait for Friday, my weigh in day. I can literally feel my weight coming off me. This will be my second weigh in. My fat pants are no longer hurting me and jeans that I bought at a charity Gap sale few weeks ago at $5 a piece are starting to fit (there was no change room). Even my parents (who are incidentally my biggest critics when I put on weight!) have noted that you can see the results on me already! I am pretty lucky as I gain weight evenly all over my body, so that is the way that it is also coming off.

How exciting, congrats! I put on a size 12 French Connection dress this AM that I haven't worn since my last time on IP. As much as I talk about rewarding myself throughout the process, I feel like getting into smaller sizes is the biggest reward of all! ;)

ems70508
02-19-2014, 10:34 AM
My new coach I was going to meet today had a fam emergency and had to reschedule. :( Of course I understand the need to take time for the family! I was just soooo looking forward to meeting her! Can't go till Monday now. :(

suda
02-19-2014, 10:50 AM
good morning ~ I am on week 6 of IP and have been successful in loosing 20 pounds in that time. This week, I hit a plateau. Can you offer and recommendations for breaking through to lose my last 10 pounds? Thanks!!

sunflwr816
02-19-2014, 10:59 AM
I'm in week 2 and I feel like my weight is coming off sooooo slowly. Of course I understand that everyone loses differently, but I'm wondering what modifications I can make to speed it up. I've been posting my meals in the meal thread daily. Since I'm using alternatives I mostly stick to EAS shakes, Quest bars for my restricteds, Protei-Diet and Protei-Thin products and WF dressings. Anyone have experience losing this slow or recommendations? Thx!

kontesanera
02-19-2014, 11:19 AM
How exciting, congrats! I put on a size 12 French Connection dress this AM that I haven't worn since my last time on IP. As much as I talk about rewarding myself throughout the process, I feel like getting into smaller sizes is the biggest reward of all! ;)

That is awesome! I agree, there is no better reward than fitting into your old favorites again! I am bit obsessed with clothes, especially dresses, and have so many. Two weeks ago I looked like a stuffed sausage in them, now they are starting to fit much better.

eandc2006
02-19-2014, 11:20 AM
Hey Sunflwr...I am with you on this one. I too feel like I am losing really slow this time around. I am on day 15 and before I could knock out 6-8lbs by then. I am also using EAS shakes a lot and sometimes drink them for bfast, lunch, and snack. I wonder if this could be impacting it.

eandc2006
02-19-2014, 11:24 AM
OK gals. Any insight here would be greatly appreciated. Been OP for two weeks. NO cheating, getting all veggies, water, proteins in. Here is where I am getting a bit thrown off. I am waking up bloated. Yup, bloated! WTH? I am not eating hardly any food not to mention what i do eat is healthy. What is up with this? Ever happen to you. My stomach was literally puffing out this morning. Usually on IP I wake up and feel thinner, even i am not losing. Feeling soooo discouraged. I was dealing with the big c and finally went to the bathroom this morning after drinking some tea last night so i hope it helps...literally had been 5 days. Another strange thing is that i am not spotting at all which is what usually happens when i go on IP. What is up here?

Ruth Ann
02-19-2014, 11:27 AM
eandc - are you getting all your oil in? I find if I cut my fats down too low I get backed up really fast.

eandc2006
02-19-2014, 11:30 AM
Ruth Ann, I am cooking with oils everyday sauteing veggies. That being said, I do not measure what I cook with. Should I add the extra 2tsps on top of what I am cooking with? Do you think that will cause me to gain/continue this stall that I am on. My weight has not moved in an entire week.

Ruth Ann
02-19-2014, 11:33 AM
Ruth Ann, I am cooking with oils everyday sauteing veggies. That being said, I do not measure what I cook with. Should I add the extra 2tsps on top of what I am cooking with? Do you think that will cause me to gain/continue this stall that I am on. My weight has not moved in an entire week.

You should add 2 tsp on top of what you're cooking with is what I've been doing. A lot of oil stays in the pan when you're cooking with it.

I also find having fattier cuts of meat (hamburger, steak, etc.) once or twice a week helps.

kontesanera
02-19-2014, 11:34 AM

My coach was adamant about consuming my olive oil uncooked. Olive oil tends to lose a lot of its goodness when exposed to high temperatures. Just a thought.

eandc2006
02-19-2014, 11:38 AM
Good to know! Thank you all for the feedback. Perhaps I will give that a shot. I am just dragging today. I have been maintaining and put on some 6-7lbs of holiday weight and figured I would do 30 days of phase 1 to loose the holiday gain but also hopefully lose another 5-10 not to mention retrain my tastebuds and get some healthy habits back in place. Not seeing any movement for a week has been hard. Darn scale. Maybe tomorrow since I finally went to the bathroom today will show me some love.

ems70508
02-19-2014, 11:45 AM
Good to know! Thank you all for the feedback. Perhaps I will give that a shot. I am just dragging today. I have been maintaining and put on some 6-7lbs of holiday weight and figured I would do 30 days of phase 1 to loose the holiday gain but also hopefully lose another 5-10 not to mention retrain my tastebuds and get some healthy habits back in place. Not seeing any movement for a week has been hard. Darn scale. Maybe tomorrow since I finally went to the bathroom today will show me some love.

All of the advice you've been given so far will help!! Just remember, RELAX! Don't stress yourself out too much! Last week I got annoyed and tried to fix everything I was doing but was reminded that we must let our bodies do as they can. Follow the plan, take this extra advice and don't give yourself such a stressful deadline if you don't have to. I understand wanting to get it off in 30 days but maybe your psyching yourself out! You got this!!!

Ruth Ann
02-19-2014, 11:47 AM
good morning ~ I am on week 6 of IP and have been successful in loosing 20 pounds in that time. This week, I hit a plateau. Can you offer and recommendations for breaking through to lose my last 10 pounds? Thanks!!

I'm in week 2 and I feel like my weight is coming off sooooo slowly. Of course I understand that everyone loses differently, but I'm wondering what modifications I can make to speed it up. I've been posting my meals in the meal thread daily. Since I'm using alternatives I mostly stick to EAS shakes, Quest bars for my restricteds, Protei-Diet and Protei-Thin products and WF dressings. Anyone have experience losing this slow or recommendations? Thx!

First off suda and sunflwr, take a deep breath! You're both doing great. It's not unusual to have slower weeks especially after big, quick losses and neither of you have a huge amount to lose (relatively speaking, of course). The closer you are to your goal the slower the weight will come off.

How are your clothes fitting? What does the measuring tape show? How do you feel? The scale is just a measure for that one specific point in time and while it's exciting to see the numbers go down, it's not the only measure of success. For instance, the scale showed 0 lost this week, but this weekend I put on size 8 pants and they fit! A month ago I was wearing 12s.

I know it's hard not to get impatient, but you didn't put the weight on in a few weeks and it's going to take some time to get it off. Concentrate on getting everything on the sheet in and learning (or re-learning) some good habits. Measure and weigh everything. The weight will come off, just not always as fast as we would like.

So hang in there! We're all rooting for you!

Slipfree
02-19-2014, 11:50 AM
Eandc2006, the EAS shakes are pretty high in sodium, if your body is sensitive to water retention.

Ruthann, did not realize that about adding the oil. Going to try it because "C" is definitely an issue for me.

Ems, sorry that you are disappointed. More time to lose before your weigh in.

Kontesanera, glad IP is going so well for you.

eandc2006
02-19-2014, 11:56 AM
You are all right. I cannot stress about this...and maybe it will take more than 30 days to get to where I really want to be. I suppose that is OK since I won't get there any other way. :)

Slipfree I have noticed that the EAS is higher is sodium. I will look into reducing my salt on my food.

GettinHealthyNow
02-19-2014, 12:40 PM
Just thought I'd share a NSV - I'm in size 8 pants today. Last week my 10s (which I thought I'd NEVER be able to wear) were suddenly sagging on the behind. I needed this - I've been feeling a bit fed up and actually had a terrible eating binge on the weekend - first time I've fallen off the protocol since starting back in September. This has given me the pump up I needed to recover and move forward. I've been so ashamed of myself that I can't even open up the 100% thread to read it as I normally do daily. :(

nacygirl1
02-19-2014, 12:42 PM
Ruth Ann...you always have such great advice :)

mckaren4
02-19-2014, 01:10 PM
Sarahbell-Condolences on the loss of your grandfather. I bet you will receive lots of compliments for your hard work in losing weight!

I am on cloud nine because I am finally out of plus sizes. I was so happy to fit in a pair of size 14 jeans-I bought 5 pairs of pants just because of the size! (This was at Ross-so they weren't too expensive)

Ruth Ann
02-19-2014, 01:18 PM
Just thought I'd share a NSV - I'm in size 8 pants today. Last week my 10s (which I thought I'd NEVER be able to wear) were suddenly sagging on the behind. I needed this - I've been feeling a bit fed up and actually had a terrible eating binge on the weekend - first time I've fallen off the protocol since starting back in September. This has given me the pump up I needed to recover and move forward. I've been so ashamed of myself that I can't even open up the 100% thread to read it as I normally do daily. :(

Congrats on the size 8s! That is great!

And yes, getting right back to 100% is the way to go. You can't change what happened but you can change what happens now. Keep working that "determination muscle" and you'll make it super strong!

Ruth Ann...you always have such great advice :)

Aw thanks. I've learned so much here, only seems fair to give back some.

I am on cloud nine because I am finally out of plus sizes. I was so happy to fit in a pair of size 14 jeans-I bought 5 pairs of pants just because of the size! (This was at Ross-so they weren't too expensive)

Yeah for being out of plus-sizes! It's still hard for me to go into the store and not immediately head for the largest size available - my brain doesn't always remember that I can wear smaller sizes!

suda
02-19-2014, 01:28 PM
thanks Ruth Ann. I love the encouragement and advice from these boards. My coach is not very good and I am the type of person who needs to get feedback and change things up.

ColoradoCarol
02-19-2014, 02:13 PM
I received an email stating that Nashua Nutrition is offering free shipping (until 11:59 PM EST today) on orders over $49.00

Enter code TODAY49 (case sensitive) at checkout.

Carol

ColoradoCarol
02-19-2014, 02:17 PM
My coach texted me last night and the clinic had to cancel all coaching appointments today. Apparently they are having some chamber of commerce event and it will be too crazy.

Luckily I got rescheduled for tomorrow at the same time. Kind of a disappointment, but oh well. I seem to do better on Wednesdays. Maybe I'm superstitious.

Snarfler
02-19-2014, 02:19 PM
Yay to everyone's victories - on AND off the scale!

I had a NSV today as I am wearing a pair of size 6 jeans I ordered off of the internet and they fit! Never in my wildest dreams did I think a size 6 pair of pants and a size medium shirt would be for me.

I am so thankful for IP. I've lost weight through the diet and exercise route before and kept it off by working HARD, until I gave up and the weight crept back on. With IP, I weigh myself often and if I notice the scale creeping, I reboot. I'm not saying its not hard, I'm saying if you stick with it, it is so worth it. Nevermind the added benefit that the initial results don't take as long as the traditional route.

My intital goal weight was 150 and every so often I drop it by five. I now weigh 138 and have much more endurance while running. Even during these last 3-8lbs (still haven't decided how low to go), it is coming off MUCH slower, but that's okay! I feel great and I'm wearing a size 6, dang it!!!

Sorry for the ramble, but I just want to encourage anyone with doubt that if you stay the course, wonderful things can AND WILL happen to your body and your self confidence.

kontesanera
02-19-2014, 02:40 PM

This is what tinny wrote in the 90% thread and I think that it is an appropriate response to the way you are feeling:

I think the downside of being black and white 100% is that you set yourself up for feeling like a failure if you do have a slip - whether it be planned or unintentional. I think the black and white mentality can lead to thoughts like, "Gee, I've really blown this day by licking my kid's ice cream cone, so I might as well have pizza and beer for dinner."

If you allow yourself to consider the occasional slip as OK, you can view that same situation as, "Hmm, I wish I hadn't done that, but I know that there is a little bit of wiggle room in my day. As long as I stick to the straight and narrow I should be all right."

Hiker88
02-19-2014, 03:08 PM

ahhhh I know how you feel! I had one previous slip and I just thought, "I can't change that so I'll just continue on!" But the last couple of days even though I haven't been hungry, I've been wanting to eat! I finally caved a couple of days ago and had some cheese and two restricted in one day... this time I was feeling really down about it and questioning if I should just phase off before my Hawaii vacation... I decided to give yesterday 100% and see how I felt... yesterday went good and I had a great talk with my coach who encouraged me to just follow through and get it done!!

I think most of my issues were definitely head games and I think I was trying to sabatage myself! Today I feel positive and ready to get the last of this weight off... no more beating myself up!! It happens, just as long as its not often!! I also started in September so I thinking I'm doing OK!

eandc2006
02-19-2014, 03:13 PM
Yay to everyone's victories - on AND off the scale!

I had a NSV today as I am wearing a pair of size 6 jeans I ordered off of the internet and they fit! Never in my wildest dreams did I think a size 6 pair of pants and a size medium shirt would be for me.

I am so thankful for IP. I've lost weight through the diet and exercise route before and kept it off by working HARD, until I gave up and the weight crept back on. With IP, I weigh myself often and if I notice the scale creeping, I reboot. I'm not saying its not hard, I'm saying if you stick with it, it is so worth it. Nevermind the added benefit that the initial results don't take as long as the traditional route.

My intital goal weight was 150 and every so often I drop it by five. I now weigh 138 and have much more endurance while running. Even during these last 3-8lbs (still haven't decided how low to go), it is coming off MUCH slower, but that's okay! I feel great and I'm wearing a size 6, dang it!!!

Sorry for the ramble, but I just want to encourage anyone with doubt that if you stay the course, wonderful things can AND WILL happen to your body and your self confidence.

I could not agree more with you on this and like you I watch the scale and reboot when necessary. Right now I am on a 30 day phase 1 to kick off 6-8lbs gain and hopefully go down a lower goal...not to mention do some palette retraining. You are right about it not being easy BUT it is worth it. I have been looking at photos this week for a work project and man, I cannot believe how I let myself and my health go. I wish I would have discovered IP years ago when the weight gain began.

GettinHealthyNow
02-19-2014, 03:24 PM
ahhhh I know how you feel! I had one previous slip and I just thought, "I can't change that so I'll just continue on!" But the last couple of days even though I haven't been hungry, I've been wanting to eat! I finally caved a couple of days ago and had some cheese and two restricted in one day... this time I was feeling really down about it and questioning if I should just phase off before my Hawaii vacation... I decided to give yesterday 100% and see how I felt... yesterday went good and I had a great talk with my coach who encouraged me to just follow through and get it done!!

I think most of my issues were definitely head games and I think I was trying to sabatage myself! Today I feel positive and ready to get the last of this weight off... no more beating myself up!! It happens, just as long as its not often!! I also started in September so I thinking I'm doing OK!

Yes, looking at your stats I'd say you are doing MORE than ok! What fantastic losses, you must be so proud! Thank you all for your words of encouragement and understanding. My coach is very...not nice...so I didn't even put my transgressions in my journal and have been trying to think of lies in anticipation of my lack of loss at my next WI. I realize THAT'S no way to approach a coaching session...but honestly I get WAY more support on these boards than I do from her.

Ruth Ann
02-19-2014, 03:39 PM
This is what tinny wrote in the 90% thread and I think that it is an appropriate response to the way you are feeling:

I think the downside of being black and white 100% is that you set yourself up for feeling like a failure if you do have a slip - whether it be planned or unintentional. I think the black and white mentality can lead to thoughts like, "Gee, I've really blown this day by licking my kid's ice cream cone, so I might as well have pizza and beer for dinner."

If you allow yourself to consider the occasional slip as OK, you can view that same situation as, "Hmm, I wish I hadn't done that, but I know that there is a little bit of wiggle room in my day. As long as I stick to the straight and narrow I should be all right."

I'm going to have to disagree with the bolded part. Slips can and do occur and no one should feel beat up about it. Instead they should be encouraged to get right back OP and strive to not let it happen again.

But there really is no "wiggle room" if you want to achieve the best results on this plan. That kind of thinking is what led most of us to gain weight in the first place. I know there are people who modify the diet to suit themselves and that is fine - if they are okay with slower losses, they are adults and make their own decisions and I respect that. But the thought that "oh, just a little won't hurt" can lead to some very bad results.

Part of P1 is to learn to moderate and be mindful of what you are eating. Learning good habits now will help with maintenance in the future. Discipline is a key component of learning how to eat for the rest of your life.

It is hard. We all have our challenges and things we have to deal with. How you deal with those things now is important. When I had to go on a low fiber diet prior to surgery I just about cried. I thought about giving up but instead made it work with IP. If you consider every challenge as an excuse for wiggle room exactly what are you learning as far as eating habits go? The time to think about what you are eating is before you eat it.

I'm not a perfect person, but I have managed to stay OP for 10 months. For the first time in my life I am in control rather than the food being in control.

Sorry for the long post.

lisa32989
02-19-2014, 03:40 PM
So, not having a loss in one week isn't really a stall. A true stall would be 4-6 weeks (or more!) with no changes in scale or measurements. Remember that weight loss isn't linear. We can do everything right and our body can hold onto water weight or whatever that particular week. It is all part of the process. You're doing great! 20 in 6 weeks!

With less weight to lose than many other folks here, you simply cannot compare your rate of weight loss to that of other.s How much have you lost in 2 weeks?
If you're having your 3 packets, 4 c veggies, oil, water, salt and 2 salads/day then I say you're doing great. Some folks find they lose faster if they include those salads daily.

Okay, enuf! Get yourself back in the 100%ers thread for support. You're there today. No need to dwell on the weekend. It was several days ago and cant be changed at this point anyway. No need to confess further, just move forward :)
Congrats on the saggy pants (lol...I work in the inner city where all the men wear those silly saggy pants...I bet it isn't THAT bad!)

sunflwr816
02-19-2014, 04:18 PM
Lisa, RuthAnn & All, thank you so much for your encouragement and support! I know it's unrealistic to expect huge losses overnight and the important thing to focus on is that the scale IS going down every day. I'm not sure of my measurements and inches lost, but I do know my jeans are feeling less tight. Five pounds in two weeks is nothing to feel discouraged about and I'm determined to keep up with this plan!

Hiker88
02-19-2014, 04:36 PM
I wholeheartedly agree RuthAnn. When I first started IP, I compared the tickers of the people tweaking the program to suit themselves and the tickers of the 100 percenters and I made a choice for me personally just as everyone else has to make their own personal choice... but I thought the tickers spoke for themselves and that's why I try very hard to stick to the IP "rules" and stay OP!

MntRose
02-19-2014, 04:49 PM
I have been struggling since the first of the year, First I got sick and I let that detour me. Now this last week I have been having terrible back pain. Went to the doctor yesterday and she didn't think it was muscle related and sent me for an ultra sound this morning. The technician says a have a big cyst and had me in there for an hour taking measurements and different views. I had a really good week two weeks ago but this Sunday when I weighed was up a pound and a half. Trying to stay calm but all together sort of depressed over this unexpected surprise and what it will bring.

And my back hurts so much I haven't been getting hardly any sleep.

Okay done, just had to voice my uncertainty and try to just let it go. Maybe a hot shower and a cup of orange cinnamon tea will help.

Slipfree
02-19-2014, 05:15 PM
MntRose,

Sorry to hear about your health and that you are struggling. I hope you find some resolution for your pain. Wishing you :dust:

ColoradoCarol
02-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Ok - so this is the first time since July (and starting IP) that I want a drink. I won't have one because I remember what they said at the orientation that you need to consider that going off program will cost you one week in food. Also, I have been 100% OP since the beginning and if I let myself cheat, I am afraid I will never go back 100% OP.

I am going to dinner with a friend tonight and he won't pressure me to have a drink I know that. But it is just weird that after all this time I have a desire for a drink. It would be a celebratory drink (I am pretty sure I will be promoted in April) as well as a "I've had a hard day drink."

I will settle for water with lemon and then just chalk it up to a NSV.

Thanks for letting me vent - it took away some of the desire for a drink getting it down in writing.

ems70508
02-19-2014, 05:33 PM
Ok - so this is the first time since July (and starting IP) that I want a drink. I won't have one because I remember what they said at the orientation that you need to consider that going off program will cost you one week in food. Also, I have been 100% OP since the beginning and if I let myself cheat, I am afraid I will never go back 100% OP.

I am going to dinner with a friend tonight and he won't pressure me to have a drink I know that. But it is just weird that after all this time I have a desire for a drink. It would be a celebratory drink (I am pretty sure I will be promoted in April) as well as a "I've had a hard day drink."

I will settle for water with lemon and then just chalk it up to a NSV.

Thanks for letting me vent - it took away some of the desire for a drink getting it down in writing.

Congrats on the possible promotion! How exciting. I completely understand where you are coming from. I have had urges to drink here and there but have not done it. Like you, I think about wasting a week worth of food. Great outlook as having it as an NSV! My birthday is tomorrow and a few of my friends want to go grab drinks tomorrow night and I keep thinking....I don't really want to go to a bar to get a club soda while yall drink in honor of my birthday. I'd rather be out to dinner where I can hear all of you, eat something on IP and enjoy myself! It's tough not drinking. Not matter the celebration. Our society just looks at it as a tool in celebration. I wish we didn't.

Vippysue
02-19-2014, 05:59 PM
Well, I finally did it, I got myself a coach. I think he will be worth every penny.

After reading the posts so far today I do have some comments. First, I have not lost more than 3 pounds in any one week. So those of you that are struggling, just hang in there. It will come off. Some suggestions my coach gave me were: 1) Eat a head of Romain lettuce every day...one half at lunch and one half at dinner. He said it would speed my weight-loss. I think Lisa also mentioned that. 2) 2 cups of vegetables isn't always 2 cups of vegetables. I've seen a post where someone said if you cut it smaller you can get more in the two cups. He said 6 ounces is what I should be eating. I have a food scale so I've made that adjustment and it is helped me. I'm thinking this may be my biggest weight loss week yet based on what I've seen so far. (Yes, I step on the scale every morning.)

Just some ideas. Maybe these will help some of you if you choose.

Congrats to those of you with great losses and all the NSVs.

eandc2006
02-19-2014, 06:40 PM
The lettuce thing is interesting as is the two cups of veggies idea. I too have though about how cutting can make a difference. Something I will be "chewing" on. LOL

JLUS
02-19-2014, 06:47 PM
Well, I finally did it, I got myself a coach. I think he will be worth every penny.

After reading the posts so far today I do have some comments. First, I have not lost more than 3 pounds in any one week. So those of you that are struggling, just hang in there. It will come off. Some suggestions my coach gave me were: 1) Eat a head of Romain lettuce every day...one half at lunch and one half of dinner. He said it would speed my weight-loss. I think Lisa also mentioned that. 2) 2 cups of vegetables isn't always 2 cups of vegetables. I've seen a post where someone said if you cut it smaller you can get more in the two cups. He said 6 ounces is what I should be eating. I have a food scale so I've made that adjustment and it is helped me. I'm thinking this may be my biggest weight loss week yet based on what I've seen so far. (Yes, I step on the scale every morning.)

Just some ideas. Maybe these will help some of you if you choose.

Congrats to those of you with great losses and all the NSVs.

Congrats on the coach - it cab be really helpful when you get a good one!!

sounds like you got some good advice... However, if you weigh veggies, you need a conversion "chart" which I think AVALON posted once awhile back... Six oz of cauliflower/broccoli vs six oz of spinach/field greens is WAY WAY different. Pretty much everyone here (and even the coaches) use cups for veggies and weigh meat (both raw). Meat has somewhat similar density compared to veggies.

I am pretty sure what Avalon posted gave weights for each different veggie as to what equals a "cup." Maybe she will read and chime in!!

Vippysue
02-19-2014, 06:52 PM
Congrats on the coach - it cab be really helpful when you get a good one!!

sounds like you got some good advice... However, if you weigh veggies, you need a conversion "chart" which I think AVALON posted once awhile back... Six oz of cauliflower/broccoli vs six oz of spinach/field greens is WAY WAY different. Pretty much everyone here (and even the coaches) use cups for veggies and weigh meat (both raw). Meat has somewhat similar density compared to veggies.

I am pretty sure what Avalon posted gave weights for each different veggie as to what equals a "cup." Maybe she will read and chime in!!

Yes, thanks. I believe i do have a good one.

Regarding the veggies, yes, I agree. When I do spinach, I stuff it in a measuring cup, but broccoli, green pepper, cucumber, onion… everything else other than leafy greens, I will be weighing. I have chosen to heed his advice on that one.

JLUS
02-19-2014, 07:03 PM
Yes, I agree. When I do spinach, I stuff it in a measuring cup, but broccoli, green pepper, cucumber, onion… everything else other than leafy greens, I will be weighing. I have chosen to heed his advice on that one.

Good, that could help with the weight disparity! Enjoy having a coach and getting great feedback and guidance!

sarahBell
02-19-2014, 07:54 PM
My poor inbox is so full of PMs with condolences for my grandpa. I do not have enough time to sit and thank each person one by one (I wish I did) but I want to say thank you to all of you who gave me positive thoughts and well wishes. It makes it easier when you have some happy thoughts :)

I talked to my sister today and she just cried and cried..... our grandpa helped her so much over the past years (she has kinda of a crappy life) he took her and her husband and kids in when they got evicted from their last house. She was looking after him, making sure he took his blood pressure and cholesterol meds, ate right ect. He helped her so much and this was harder for her than me :(

So Friday I will be home with my family saying my good bye and letting reality set in for me. But I know I have love and support from all over :)

Thank you all again!

Sarah

ps. Nashua nutrition has free shipping for today only promo code TODAY49!

Jenny38
02-19-2014, 08:49 PM
Thinking of you and your family during this sad time Sarahbell

Mckaren- congrats on a great NSV of being out of plus sizes:carrot:

Gettinghealthynow- size 8- Way to go!

Snarfler congrats on size 6, a great reward for all the hard work

Ruthanne- I see from your tracker that you have lost over 100 - way to go:carrot::carrot:

At the beginning of the month I started learning how to jog on the treadmill, nothing fast you could probably walk as fast as I jog, but I can go pretty much for the whole 30 min. I feel do much better in my body now and look forward the changes that will happen to my body as I get healthier.

calypso58
02-19-2014, 09:03 PM
This week's weigh in was on Monday instead of Wednesday. I knew going in that the weight loss would be small, or even small gain. I had been OP the entire time and was just fed up. I'm phasing off this week for a trip next week and decided just "screw it" and asked a friend to meet me for sushi for lunch after my weigh in.

So the scale showed a .2 pound loss but a 5 pound loss of body fat and a 5 pound gain of water weight. I also had lost 2.5 inches. Well I went to the sushi restaurant and had them make me grilled chicken :)

Two days later I am down an additional 3 pounds. Moral of the story is that you never know when that woosh is going to happen and don't let the scale get you down. I almost let it derail me this week and am so glad I didn't.

Vippysue
02-20-2014, 06:39 AM
This week's weigh in was on Monday instead of Wednesday. I knew going in that the weight loss would be small, or even small gain. I had been OP the entire time and was just fed up. I'm phasing off this week for a trip next week and decided just "screw it" and asked a friend to meet me for sushi for lunch after my weigh in.

So the scale showed a .2 pound loss but a 5 pound loss of body fat and a 5 pound gain of water weight. I also had lost 2.5 inches. Well I went to the sushi restaurant and had them make me grilled chicken :)

Two days later I am down an additional 3 pounds. Moral of the story is that you never know when that woosh is going to happen and don't let the scale get you down. I almost let it derail me this week and am so glad I didn't.

Awesome. Great display of willpower and perseverance. Congrats to you.

shrinkingsusie
02-20-2014, 08:49 AM
Another pound bites the dust this week. First time in about 10 years I have been in the 160s! Can't wait for the 150s... I don't even remember the last time I was there!!

Have a great day!

ems70508
02-20-2014, 09:51 AM
Susie, rock on! So proud.

Weighed in this AM at my old clinic since my new coach can't see me till Monday. I bought a week supply from them, took my stats and ran. BUT on a positive note, I left them with 3.4 pounds! Happy Birthday to me!!!!!

Narae
02-20-2014, 10:06 AM
Yeah, give them your pounds!

eandc2006
02-20-2014, 10:58 AM

Weighed in this AM at my old clinic since my new coach can't see me till Monday. I bought a week supply from them, took my stats and ran. BUT on a positive note, I left them with 3.4 pounds! Happy Birthday to me!!!!!

Happy Birthday for sure! Enjoy!

Vippysue
02-20-2014, 11:15 AM

Awesome! Happy Birthday!

schenectady
02-20-2014, 11:22 AM

Congratulations for that thought process Calypso! Just think where you might me emotionally and weight wise if you HAD given in to that "screw it" impulse. Set waaaay back and working really hard to get back to where you were.

I have found over 6 months of this program that indeed the weight loss on the scale often has NOTHING to do with my virtue of staying OP or not. I can be so so careful, eating the conservative end of things and nothing goes down. Flat. Then times when I am eating the higher end, my weight falls.

What I have learned from this is that we need to just be danged good because it is good for us. The rewards WILL come, just not when and how we might want them to. We need to self-regulate - watch what we eat because that is the only way we will maintain our health over the long run.

Yes, the numbers on the scale can keep us a bit in check, but we need to develop a self discipline and thought process that keeps us on the even keel regardless of what the scale says.

jendilly
02-20-2014, 11:49 AM
I am back from my trip (very successful college visits). I learned a lot about traveling while on phase 1 of IP. It's not as easy as you think. In the old days, it was easy to run through a drive-thru to get food on the road. Now, I have to be more intentional about where we eat. Also, I found that getting a steak was easy at a restaurant (at least in AZ) and getting leaner meats was harder. Also, getting all the veggies in was really, really hard. I think I did the best I could. Confession...I did have a few little baby bites of my daughter's desserts on some days...and maybe a fry or two. But I would say I stayed 99% on plan for the 4 days. Came home with a miserable cold, too. Feel yucky.

Now...it's time for the weekly WI. Kind of dreading it. I did a lot of walking and stayed mostly on plan, but just not feeling like the scale moved this week. Guess I'll find out soon.

Ruth Ann
02-20-2014, 12:25 PM

WTG Ems and Happy Birthday! 75 lbs gone is an awesome present to yourself!

lisa32989
02-20-2014, 12:30 PM
Beck Daily Diet Solution Important reminder: there is, unfortunately, not a direct correlation between what you ate and what you see on the scale the next day. Even if you are “perfect” on your diet, it’s not a guarantee that the scale will go down every day, or even every week. However, at any point the scale is EXACTLY where it should be, given your eating, your biological and hormonal processes, your salt intake, etc. Keep doing what you’re doing – it will go down again!

tbc85
02-20-2014, 01:06 PM
Happy Birthday ems!!

Good morning, very exciting news, I applied for a new job yesterday and they want an interview next week!! I was not able to weigh-in this week because my coach had a family emergency and will be out all week. I guess this just gives me more time to lose :)

AnaBanana11
02-20-2014, 01:10 PM
This is my second time around on this diet with the difference being I am using all alternative products.

Things I have discovered while on this diet;

1. It’s not always about how much you weigh, it’s how you feel when you have noticed that the butt of your pants is sagging and can go down the next size. Also, it’s great when you walk and your pants start falling down and you realize you need a belt. One more thing, it’s an awesome feeling when you can take off your pants while they are still buttoned and zipped. Makes me laugh and I like to laugh. Besides, laughing is good for you.

2. I feel wonderful when I’m no longer fazed by someone eating candy, a real chocolate bar or something else I’m not supposed to have. It just doesn’t bother me anymore. I figure that kind of stuff will be around forever anyway, especially Twinkies because they can survive a nuclear bomb.

3. I have many clothes in my closet ranging from sizes 6-10. I’m on the looser side of ten now (see #1) and am pretty sure I can fit into an 8. They may still be a little tight, but I am going shopping in my closet this weekend.

4. It will be ok if I can’t fit into an 8, I will though, very soon.

5. I have proof that I am able to accomplish something and not leave it halfway like most of the other things I’ve done.

Sorry, if this is a little long, but I just wanted to share my list of things. There’s more, but I picked out what I feel are the best things for me to say today.

ems70508
02-20-2014, 01:21 PM
Happy Birthday ems!!

Good morning, very exciting news, I applied for a new job yesterday and they want an interview next week!! I was not able to weigh-in this week because my coach had a family emergency and will be out all week. I guess this just gives me more time to lose :)

How exciting, congrats!!! My WI got pushed back too :( Hope everything is going ok with her. My boss gave me a gift card this AM to Cocolare so I'm excited to meet Suzi and look through all their treatments! So tempting to buy IP products with the gift card but i'll treat myself later! haha

sunflwr816
02-20-2014, 01:38 PM

That's awesome! Happy birthday!!

JLUS
02-20-2014, 02:06 PM
I am back from my trip (very successful college visits). I learned a lot about traveling while on phase 1 of IP. It's not as easy as you think. In the old days, it was easy to run through a drive-thru to get food on the road. Now, I have to be more intentional about where we eat. Also, I found that getting a steak was easy at a restaurant (at least in AZ) and getting leaner meats was harder. Also, getting all the veggies in was really, really hard. I think I did the best I could. Confession...I did have a few little baby bites of my daughter's desserts on some days...and maybe a fry or two. But I would say I stayed 99% on plan for the 4 days. Came home with a miserable cold, too. Feel yucky.

Now...it's time for the weekly WI. Kind of dreading it. I did a lot of walking and stayed mostly on plan, but just not feeling like the scale moved this week. Guess I'll find out soon.

Congrats on a really successful P1 trip... With all that walking you are probably fine on your WI!

In restaurants don't be afraid to look at the menu and then alter to fit IP. Most restaurants also serve chicken breast and fish in some form. Tell the waiter your dietary restrictions mean you need them prepared grilled with no butter or oil. Most any restaurant will do that for you. Also look at all the veggies they serve even on entrees you aren't having and request them steamed w/o butter or oil. Again, stress you are unable to have them with anything on them (get a side of lemon). I seldom have push-back on these requests and leave the waiter an extra nice tip for helping get everything just right!

jendilly
02-20-2014, 02:22 PM
Thanks JLUS. I did that each time, asking for extra veggies no butter. On the last day, I looked through the whole menu, picked the entrée and then asked for some specific veggies that I say they had and asked for extras of those without butter. They were very accomadating.

Well...back from my WI and I basically maintained even. She had me take off my shoes and then I was down .4 pounds. The combination of the traveling, having a nasty cold and it being TOM could mean that I'm retaining a bunch of water, too. I did lose a little in my hips, arms and thigh though. I'm not too upset. Just need to get solid back to my regular eating here and keep going down.

TwoTots
02-20-2014, 03:46 PM
This is my second time around on this diet with the difference being I am using all alternative products.

Things I have discovered while on this diet;

1. It’s not always about how much you weigh, it’s how you feel when you have noticed that the butt of your pants is sagging and can go down the next size. Also, it’s great when you walk and your pants start falling down and you realize you need a belt. One more thing, it’s an awesome feeling when you can take off your pants while they are still buttoned and zipped. Makes me laugh and I like to laugh. Besides, laughing is good for you.

2. I feel wonderful when I’m no longer fazed by someone eating candy, a real chocolate bar or something else I’m not supposed to have. It just doesn’t bother me anymore. I figure that kind of stuff will be around forever anyway, especially Twinkies because they can survive a nuclear bomb.

3. I have many clothes in my closet ranging from sizes 6-10. I’m on the looser side of ten now (see #1) and am pretty sure I can fit into an 8. They may still be a little tight, but I am going shopping in my closet this weekend.

4. It will be ok if I can’t fit into an 8, I will though, very soon.

5. I have proof that I am able to accomplish something and not leave it halfway like most of the other things I’ve done.

Sorry, if this is a little long, but I just wanted to share my list of things. There’s more, but I picked out what I feel are the best things for me to say today.

Love this. I agree. Good luck AnaBanana. it's my second time around the block too, day 4 doing well. All the best.

jendilly
02-20-2014, 06:08 PM
Okay...I'm super confused now. My old IP coach told me that you could have a "splash" of milk in your coffee. She said she preferred almond milk because it was fewer calories and you could have 1 oz. I was using that in my coffee with a little bit of WF caramel syrup. Well, today, my new coach said that she had heard the other coach had been telling people that and she was going to confirm with her higher up coach but didn't think it was allowed. She asked me to send her a picture of the almond milk label, so I did. She just told me that it's a big no-no, since it's not 0/0/0.

So...why the difference? I've heard from so many on here and other places that an oz of milk was okay. But now it's not? She said I could use a little bit of the RTD (the new cappuchino is great by the way) and if I wasn't using the whole thing that it wouldn't even count as a packet used for the day.

Thoughts??

Hiker88
02-20-2014, 06:28 PM
I use the RTD vanilla in my tea/coffee daily and it doesn't affect my losses. My coach said to go ahead and use it. Sometimes the last of the tea at the bottom is a little lumpy and I don't finish it!

I'm not sure of the sugar, nutrient difference between milk and almond milk but it does seem strange that you could have one and not the other.

drd1961
02-20-2014, 06:52 PM
Tough drive home. Thick fog, flooded country roads. And thunderstorms with potential tornadoes.

getnlean
02-20-2014, 07:52 PM
I just restarted I P. For supper I had rhubarb which I cooked in the microwave and added walden farms strawberry syrup to. Now looking at my sheet, it says raw behind rhubarb. I didn't think you could eat this raw. Please advise.

jendilly
02-20-2014, 07:59 PM
I just restarted I P. For supper I had rhubarb which I cooked in the microwave and added walden farms strawberry syrup to. Now looking at my sheet, it says raw behind rhubarb. I didn't think you could eat this raw. Please advise.

I'm sure you can have it cooked. I've received a recipe for rhubarb crisp from IP directly and also from some clinics. I make it by cooking it slightly in the microwave (to start it) and then put it on the stove with a little vanilla, stevia, some WF strawberry spread, and water and cook it until it's like applesauce. It's wonderful! My coach gave me a recipe just today for rhubarb crisp using the crispy cereal. Eat up!

getnlean
02-20-2014, 08:10 PM
I'm sure you can have it cooked. I've received a recipe for rhubarb crisp from IP directly and also from some clinics. I make it by cooking it slightly in the microwave (to start it) and then put it on the stove with a little vanilla, stevia, some WF strawberry spread, and water and cook it until it's like applesauce. It's wonderful! My coach gave me a recipe just today for rhubarb crisp using the crispy cereal. Eat up!

Thank you! I can't imagine eating it raw.

dlr9774
02-20-2014, 08:26 PM
Cold and flurries outside in Manitoba. Back from vacation and getting back on track. Lost and am at the weight I left with. Now plan and follow through on following IP and putting myself and health first.

dlr9774
02-20-2014, 08:28 PM
I have tried some alternative products to IP (for variety and to save money) and really can't compare to IP. IP in my opinion is surperior. I have tried some quest bars for variety they are OK, but really not sure if they are an approved alternative "restricted" item. Any thoughts?

lisa32989
02-20-2014, 08:35 PM
I have tried some alternative products to IP (for variety and to save money) and really can't compare to IP. IP in my opinion is surperior. I have tried some quest bars for variety they are OK, but really not sure if they are an approved alternative "restricted" item. Any thoughts?
IP won't approve ANY alternatives
However, quest bars and many other alts discussed in the alt thread are comparable to IP products

The only items I find superior: the consistency of their pudding mix and the fact that I can't find the potato purée anywhere else

lisa32989
02-20-2014, 08:37 PM

Perhaps it's a reminder to measure raw due to the fact that it cooks down so much? The word "raw" is a new addition to the p1 sheet.

Bellamack
02-20-2014, 09:06 PM
ems -Happy Birthday to you :)

sarahBell
02-20-2014, 09:32 PM
ems- Happy Birthday I hope you had a great day or maybe weekend :)

I am hoping that this blizzard that is on full force high tails it out of here by morning and the MNDOT crews have the highways cleared off!! I am hoping to make it home tomorrow for the visitation for my grandpa :( BUT I have a feeling that I will be leaving at the crack arse of dawn Saturday (like 5am early) to be there by 9am for the funeral that starts at 10!!!

I swear mother nature has PMS or something. We are slated to get almost 12+" with a side of 45-60mph winds all flippin night. I mean come on cut me some slack, I am stressed as it is and this just adds to it :(

Get this every school around us, miles from us and 30mins from us has a 2 hour late start BUT here!! WTH?! You cant see jack outside and the drifts are waist high..............I swear our sup. fro school lives in a hole some days!

PurpleMomster
02-20-2014, 11:49 PM

I started using some alternative products because of the cost of IP and use the Quest bars and as long as they meet the guidelines for restricted items, you're good :) I also use the Pure Protein bars from Wal-Mart (they were on sale) and Muscle Milk or Pure Protein shakes (also from Wal-Mart) as well. I still have a fair amount of IP products so I mix it up.

Jo

MntRose
02-21-2014, 12:34 AM
It's been a terrible week for me, I admit I have a very low threshold for pain. Calling the doctor in the morning to see if she has the results from my ultrasound yet and what we can do to stop this pain.

Anyway I thought I saw at some point you could use a IP chocolate pudding to make hot chocolate. Has anyone done this? If so how did you do it, heat water before or after mixing with the packet and how much water? I have just spent the last two hours trying to search the forums for this information, so I really appreciate the help.

TwoTots
02-21-2014, 02:53 AM
Good morning Ipers.TGIF! Day 5 for me, so far this has been an untroubled week. Except for some battles with wanting to mindlessly snack in front of the tv! Last night I got home from work and wanted to crash but I didn't, I gave myself half an hour to roast a cabbage and a cauliflower so I have veg ready for a day or 2. Although, my husband is loving the roasted veg so I have to roast veg more often. Being on this diet makes you cook. I'm enjoying watching Masterchef USA at the moment. Funny, being on a diet and watching food shows.

MntRose I haven't made the puddings into hot drinks but I have made them into cold shakes. I would make a paste with cold water and then add hot water slowly, finish off in the micro. I'm not sure if this works. I'm looking at your stats and you are doing a fabulous job. Well done.

lisa32989
02-21-2014, 06:35 AM
It's been a terrible week for me, I admit I have a very low threshold for pain. Calling the doctor in the morning to see if she has the results from my ultrasound yet and what we can do to stop this pain.

Anyway I thought I saw at some point you could use a IP chocolate pudding to make hot chocolate. Has anyone done this? If so how did you do it, heat water before or after mixing with the packet and how much water? I have just spent the last two hours trying to search the forums for this information, so I really appreciate the help.
I am a pain wimp too. I completely understand. Mine has never truly been diagnosed but a lot of therapy has helped get it under control.

Re hot choc: most pudding mixes have directions for making them into a shake. I use 8 ounces of water shake it up and then heat in micro in my favorite cup. If you shake with hot water it may explode so don't do that.

Ruth Ann
02-21-2014, 07:43 AM
Mtnrose - I do the same things as Lisa for my hot drinks except I blend them in the bullet first - I like the texture better.

And sorry you are having so much trouble! That sucks. Just be sure if they do give you pain meds that those can increase the Big C so be wary.

ems70508
02-21-2014, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the Bday wishes everyone, it was a great day filled with love. Ate at a great local restaurant called Cafe Vermilionville. It's an incredible old home from the 1830's turned restaurant. I used the pointers in yesterdays chat about restaurant ordering. Sadly, they still brought my steak on a bed of mashed 'taters. Tis OK, scraped them off, passed them to my brother and he gave me his asparagus! They steak was supposed to come stuffed with a crawfish cream sauce so I'm glad they got THAT right and left it out!! The family passed around a plate of bread pudding and I sat there with my decaf coffee, super content to be surrounded by love. My uncle is leading his Mardi Gras Krewe (he's king) in the first parade of the season tomorrow evening. He was filling us in on what his plans are for the parade. Can't wait! When I got home, I warmed up an IP brownie, and felt like I indulged!

Didn't feel like I missed out on anything in the celebrations. Like so many people here say, it's your outlook you must change on what is a reward/used to celebrate. Hope everyone has a great OP day!

ssubert
02-21-2014, 09:58 AM
Oops, running on autopilot and thought I was getting crispy cereal. Nope, had lumpy mushroom soup for breakfast. Mouth is confused.

On the good side, scales were down this morning and that has motivated me to stay OP.

mars735
02-21-2014, 10:20 AM
Happy belated Birthday ems70508 and wow! talk about NSV. Inspiring! Sounds like a lovely celebration. Wishing you a great year.

kontesanera
02-21-2014, 10:33 AM
So I thought that I was being 100% on plan for the past two weeks, then I realized that I have been eating way too many vegetables. This is making me a little annoyed, but oh well, I still will have about 4 lbs less on my weigh in 2. I prefer my vegetables cooked or steamed and yesterday I made a mushroom and zucchini stew. Well, that only gave me 4 full cups of stew that I divided into 2 servings. Thinking back I realized that my pan was full of veggies, so raw that was a lot more than only 4 cups of veggies. I also cooked kale earlier in the week, just added some garlic to it, but a full pot of kale reduce to less than half and I was measuring two cups when I was eating it. I guess I will have to change the way I prep my veggies moving forward. I am just slightly annoyed with myself, but nothing I can do about it now.

Hawaii69
02-21-2014, 10:36 AM
Oops, running on autopilot and thought I was getting crispy cereal. Nope, had lumpy mushroom soup for breakfast. Mouth is confused.

On the good side, scales where down this morning and that has motivated me to stay OP.

That made me smile today! Easy to do! Congrats on the weight loss too!

mars735
02-21-2014, 10:51 AM
So I thought that I was being 100% on plan for the past two weeks, then I realized that I have been eating way too many vegetables. This is making me a little annoyed, but oh well, I still will have about 4 lbs less on my weigh in 2. I prefer my vegetables cooked or steamed and yesterday I made a mushroom and zucchini stew. Well, that only gave me 4 full cups of stew that I divided into 2 servings. Thinking back I realized that my pan was full of veggies, so raw that was a lot more than only 4 cups of veggies. I also cooked kale earlier in the week, just added some garlic to it, but a full pot of kale reduce to less than half and I was measuring two cups when I was eating it. I guess I will have to change the way I prep my veggies moving forward. I am just slightly annoyed with myself, but nothing I can do about it now.

If it's any consolation, I always measured my veggies and meat COOKED--it was easier and I didn't know otherwise. Maybe the "innocent" mistakes don't count, lol!:)

kontesanera
02-21-2014, 11:16 AM
If it's any consolation, I always measured my veggies and meat COOKED--it was easier and I didn't know otherwise. Maybe the "innocent" mistakes don't count, lol!:)

I so hope that you are right. At least I am eating two cups of cooked mushrooms and zucchini and not gold fish. LOL I can't stand romaine or iceberg, I like red leaf lettuce but my coach says that I have to measure that lettuce. It would be easier to just be given a weight of the veggies rather than cups.

Ruth Ann
02-21-2014, 11:22 AM
I so hope that you are right. At least I am eating two cups of cooked mushrooms and zucchini and not gold fish. LOL I can't stand romaine or iceberg, I like red leaf lettuce but my coach says that I have to measure that lettuce. It would be easier to just be given a weight of the veggies rather than cups.

Hopefully more people with experience will chime in here, but I always thought red leaf lettuce could be treated the same as romaine or iceberg or any other lettuce. Nutritionally they appear about the same. Did your coach give a reason why red leaf would be treated differently?

kontesanera
02-21-2014, 11:27 AM
Hopefully more people with experience will chime in here, but I always thought red leaf lettuce could be treated the same as romaine or iceberg or any other lettuce. Nutritionally they appear about the same. Did your coach give a reason why red leaf would be treated differently?

No, she said only romaine and iceberg are unlimited, everything else needs to be measured. I specifically asked her about boston lettuce and red leaf. However, since I have been on these boards I find that we all get slightly different info from our coaches. I will ask her today and point out that nutritionally they are the same.

nacygirl1
02-21-2014, 11:52 AM
No, she said only romaine and iceberg are unlimited, everything else needs to be measured. I specifically asked her about boston lettuce and red leaf. However, since I have been on these boards I find that we all get slightly different info from our coaches. I will ask her today and point out that nutritionally they are the same.

I think your coach is wrong about the lettuce. I was told ALL lettuce is unlimited.

Staceyhay
02-21-2014, 12:08 PM
I use butter lettuce like iceberg and romaine. I haven't had any issues with using it.

lisa32989
02-21-2014, 12:28 PM
I think your coach is wrong about the lettuce. I was told ALL lettuce is unlimited.
So interesting how different coaches say different things.
Interesting or sad.
Some coaches say "lettuce"
Some say romaine & iceburg only.

I've always gone with this: if its called "lettuce" then it's lettuce.
Romaine lettuce
Iceburg Lettuce
Redleaf (or greenleaf) lettuce
Boston Lettuce
Bibb lettuce

But not spinach, field greens, other "greens"

Bellamack
02-21-2014, 12:42 PM
Hello,

I think it was Ruth Ann that mentioned the "ice" chips, which I ordered and love, so does hubby. My Q is?? to they effect your bowels? I only have 3 "chips" a day ( they are expensive), but have noticed that since I have, I definitely don't have any trouble with the big "C", a little bit the other way. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with the "ice chips"

Another small loss this week, although yesterday I was down another whole pound, I don't understand, but I "accept". lol Raining here making a mess of melting snow & mud. Glad to have it a little warmer though, was out yesterday in a sleet storm. yuck!

Ruth Ann
02-21-2014, 12:44 PM
Hello,

I think it was Ruth Ann that mentioned the "ice" chips, which I ordered and love, so does hubby. My Q is?? to they effect your bowels? I only have 3 "chips" a day ( they are expensive), but have noticed that since I have, I definitely don't have any trouble with the big "C", a little bit the other way. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this with the "ice chips"

Another small loss this week, although yesterday I was down another whole pound, I don't understand, but I "accept". lol Raining here making a mess of melting snow & mud. Glad to have it a little warmer though, was out yesterday in a sleet storm. yuck!

Bellamack: I was told that the xylitol in the ice chips can give some people very loose bowel movements so to limit them. I limit myself to 3 or 4 a day.

kontesanera
02-21-2014, 01:18 PM
So I just had my weigh in and the clinic scale showed a 2.5 lb loss. Home scale showed more, but I was naked prior to eating anything when I weighed myself at home. That is a total of 7 lbs in two weeks and just over 3 inches. She said they average 6-9 lbs in the first two weeks so I am on target. Also, some clothes that I could not button two weeks ago I put on no problem, so that is awesome. Incidentally I lost most of the inches at my waist.

I clarified the lettuce and she said any lettuce is unlimited. I know that first day I went in she was adamant than only romaine and iceberg are unlimited. Oh well.

Hope everybody has a great weekend :)

ssubert
02-21-2014, 02:02 PM
So I just had my weigh in and the clinic scale showed a 2.5 lb loss....:)

Party on!! Lettuce is on me. :)

kontesanera
02-21-2014, 02:09 PM
Party on!! Lettuce is on me. :)

:D It is not like eating unlimited red leaf lettuce got me here.

Bellamack
02-21-2014, 02:15 PM
:D It is not like eating unlimited red leaf lettuce got me here.

Amen! lol

Vippysue
02-21-2014, 02:36 PM
I find that I have weights that I associate with different times in my life.....128 in high school, 115 in college… and this morning I hit the weight that I was the morning I went in to deliver my son....The next morning I weighed 142 pounds and was appalled. How I would love to be that now. How times do change :-)

ssubert
02-21-2014, 02:46 PM
............I find that I have weights that I associate with different times in my life............:-)

I'm on way down from 197 and currently I am at 172.
When I moved to Santa Barbara in 1971 I weighed 173 on the landlady's scales. OMG, I thought that certainly her scales were broken--they weren't.

Today 172 feels good as I am on my way down. :dancer:

kontesanera
02-21-2014, 02:48 PM
I find that I have weights that I associate with different times in my life.....128 in high school, 115 in college… and this morning I hit the weight that I was the morning I went in to deliver my son....The next morning I weighed 142 pounds and was appalled. How I would love to be that now. How times do change :-)

Me too! If you ask me what I weighed at any point in my life I can tell you the exact number. High school (125), wedding day (135), right after having my son 185! I have not been able to get under 150 since having my son and after I had my daughter the lowest weight I had was 155. I felt great at that weight, but I am hoping that Ideal Protein can get me to my "utopian" goal of 140. I have seen people on this diet go skinnier than they have even been as teenagers or in their 20s, so I know that it is possible.

In other great news, Canada's men's hockey team beat USA in the semi-finals of the Olympic tournament! As the things stand, Obama owes Harper two cases of Canadian beer and USA gets to keep Bieber.

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/winner-wins-beer-loser-keeps-bieber-the-usa-canada-stakes-have-never-been-higher-022014

Hiker88
02-21-2014, 02:59 PM
Me too! If you ask me what I weighed at any point in my life I can tell you the exact number. High school (125), wedding day (135), right after having my son 185! I have not been able to get under 150 since having my son and after I had my daughter the lowest weight I had was 155. I felt great at that weight, but I am hoping that Ideal Protein can get me to my "utopian" goal of 140. I have seen people on this diet go skinnier than they have even been as teenagers or in their 20s, so I know that it is possible.

In other great news, Canada's men's hockey team beat USA in the semi-finals of the Olympic tournament! As the things stand, Obama owes Harper two cases of Canadian beer and USA gets to keep Bieber.

http://msn.foxsports.com/olympics/story/winner-wins-beer-loser-keeps-bieber-the-usa-canada-stakes-have-never-been-higher-022014

LOL, not sure which I'm happier about... winning the hockey games or keeping Bieber away... LOL!! :rofl::rofl: Lots to laugh at on here today!

schenectady
02-21-2014, 03:20 PM

Your entry made me smile because I, too, associate my weight with events in my life - when I met my husband, when we married, birth of the boys, etc.

So I am down below everything except the weight I was when I met my husband, but I am really, really close.

One of my sons made a comment in regards to my weight loss (I have not seen him in a year so he was just making this on the phone) that stopped me in my tracks. He said "Now you weigh less than both your sons". It smacked me in the face that all their grown up years (teen and above) they have always known me as heavier than them!

Sad, but true, but no longer. I am PUSHING hard to get to Onederland which has been my big goal since the beginning, other than final goal. Just 3 more, 3 more, so close.

smallerin2014
02-21-2014, 03:41 PM
Congratulations for that thought process Calypso! Just think where you might me emotionally and weight wise if you HAD given in to that "screw it" impulse. Set waaaay back and working really hard to get back to where you were.

I have found over 6 months of this program that indeed the weight loss on the scale often has NOTHING to do with my virtue of staying OP or not. I can be so so careful, eating the conservative end of things and nothing goes down. Flat. Then times when I am eating the higher end, my weight falls.

What I have learned from this is that we need to just be danged good because it is good for us. The rewards WILL come, just not when and how we might want them to. We need to self-regulate - watch what we eat because that is the only way we will maintain our health over the long run.

Yes, the numbers on the scale can keep us a bit in check, but we need to develop a self discipline and thought process that keeps us on the even keel regardless of what the scale says.
Thanks. That is helpful advice. I weigh myself every day and use that almost exclusively to gauge my success. I need to remember the biggest focus needs to be on what I am eating and the results will come.:)

catlady1981
02-21-2014, 04:13 PM
Hi all,

I'm new here. I go for my first visit to get signed up next Tuesday. I have a friend in Idaho who highly recommended this plan and she has lost 30lbs so far. I went to Walmart last night looking for WF products and couldn't find any. I am in Dallas, TX. I don't normally shop at Walmart so I'm not familiar with the way they lay out the store. Are all the diet products together? I couldn't find the EAS shakes either. I'd just like to supplement what I will be getting for IP and maybe at some point switch to Alternative items. This is my first post and I wasn't sure if I should ask here or in the Alternative thread. I love this site. I have gotten so much info. Thanks to all of you for posting all the great tips and ideas.

lighthouse101
02-21-2014, 04:29 PM
I am PUSHING hard to get to Onederland which has been my big goal since the beginning, other than final goal. Just 3 more, 3 more, so close.

You're almost there! We'll all celebrate with you when you get there!

JLUS
02-21-2014, 04:30 PM
Hi all,

I'm new here. I go for my first visit to get signed up next Tuesday. I have a friend in Idaho who highly recommended this plan and she has lost 30lbs so far. I went to Walmart last night looking for WF products and couldn't find any. I am in Dallas, TX. I don't normally shop at Walmart so I'm not familiar with the way they lay out the store. Are all the diet products together? I couldn't find the EAS shakes either. I'd just like to supplement what I will be getting for IP and maybe at some point switch to Alternative items. This is my first post and I wasn't sure if I should ask here or in the Alternative thread. I love this site. I have gotten so much info. Thanks to all of you for posting all the great tips and ideas.

WF products can sometimes be hard to find. I don't recall anyone mentioning finding them at Walmart but that could very store to store.

I get mine at my regular grocery store in the produce section cool shelf area with other salad dressings. The jam spreads are with all jams and pancake syrup with syrups, ketchup with ketchups (that's all my store carries) so pretty much in the normal sections not diet area.

For EAS at Walmart mine has a section for protein drinks and bars (near the Pharmacy shelves.) check out the Pure Protein shakes they also carry. I like EAS but like Pure Protein a bit better!

ssubert
02-21-2014, 04:51 PM
Your coach should be able to tell you who sells WF in your neighborhood.
My coach stocks WF products, very handy. Several online sources too.

Good luck, keep working the program. Let us know how you're doing.

I stayed 100% OP for the first several weeks before experimenting with alternatives. It's what works for you.

Vippysue
02-21-2014, 06:24 PM
Hi all,

WF products are in the "organic" section of my Kroger. I looked at them there and decided against buying any.

catlady1981
02-21-2014, 07:05 PM
JLUS - Thanks so much for the help and the Walmart directions. I went back and there they were right in the pharmacy section like you said. I got the Chocolate EAS and the Vanilla Pure Protein. I'll compare and see which one I like. The EAS is almost $3 less than the PP.

SSuber - Looking at your ticker it seems that you are making great progress for such a short amount of time. Congrats! It's my intention to stick with IP products to start off, but I wanted to have a backup ready-to-drink in my arsenal for those occasional slacker moments that are bound to happen :-)

YippySue - I looked up the WF ingredients at the Vitacost website and once I saw the chemical cocktail of ingredients I decided to pass as well.

I have been doing the Paleo diet for the last year so sugar is not a big issue for me. I drink my coffee black and don't really do "desserts". Some of the puddings and drinks may be a shock for me because I am just not used to sweet things any more. My fruit intake was limited because I was low carbing as well. Mostly berries and only in season.

Thanks to all of you for your answers. I know I'm going to love it here.

maureen kempster
02-21-2014, 08:02 PM
good evening

just wanted to report weigh in #4 and I'm down 1.8 for a total of 9 lbs - I'm so happy with the way this program is working

IdealProteinNewbie
02-21-2014, 08:34 PM
good evening

just wanted to report weigh in #4 and I'm down 1.8 for a total of 9 lbs - I'm so happy with the way this program is working

Excellent, keep it up!

TwoTots
02-22-2014, 01:09 AM
Good morning everyone. I began phase 1 on Monday at 229. I am down to 223.4, so 5.6lbs gone this week. I'm going to weigh in on Saturdays so I weighed early this week. Delighted with this. Have a great Saturday everyone.

Sandy60
02-22-2014, 04:48 AM
Hello Everyone,

I started IP Diet in January of 2011. Since then I have put back approximately 23 lbs. Which is not too bad, yet not too good. I resuming IP on Monday the 24th.

I've tried a couple of times to lose the weight but had little success in doing so. I made the descision to brush myself off and start a new! So I'm committed to sticking to the diet and making it work.

It's will be tough! but I believe I can do it! Wish me luck...Will keep you posted.

drd1961
02-22-2014, 05:35 AM
I weighed in last night and was up .5, but had a loss of .75 inches. We decided to start phasing me off. The coach thought it would be good for me, and I am excited to do this. I am the smallest I have been since my wedding almost 32 years ago and mentally I think I am ready for the challenge that is maintenance.