Old 02-18-2014, 08:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 213.5/194.8/125

Height: 5'4

Default Best Diet and Exercise Advice!

I'm always looking around for new tips and tricks to keep updating and remodeling my eating and exercise habits and I thought it would be awesome to share some of our best tips!

What is the best dieting or exercise advice you've ever received?

I'll start the ball rolling by saying a tried and true favourite which is not eating after a certain time. I always thought this was ridiculous but lately I've been sticking to not eating after 7 and I find that I'm seeing the scale move more consistently. Not sure why it's working for me but it's definitely a good bonus!
krispcooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 10:54 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 205/193.2/135

Height: 5'3"

I have a couple, but it is by no means magic advice...

First off, you have to decide to do this for YOU and no one else. Being successful is mostly mental and if you decide that you deserve success, then and only then will you be successful. I have struggled with this for years and finally I am coming to terms with the fact that I can only do this for me and I deserve it.

Secondly, when beginning your journey I think it is important to focus on calories first. MFP is amazing and has been the best tool for me. But the reason I think this is so important is because I have seen so many people start off and focus on carbs or sugar or whatever else and they forget about/ignore calories. They get confused, they get frustrated, and they quit. Focus in on calories in, calories out. Later on you may find you need to adjust other aspects, but not right away.
SweetPeach3388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 02:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 200+/160.8/135

Height: 5'5.5

These are kind of simple, but for me I've found the simplest advice to be the most helpful.

Exercise for fitness, diet for weightless.

Move more, eat less.
Dottington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 213.5/194.8/125

Height: 5'4

SweetPeach3388 - I feel the same way about MFP! It's been my saviour so many times. I think a lot of people get stuck on low carb diets and don't really see how many calories they're taking in. I started by focusing on calories and now I've been focusing on switching out some of my carbs for proteins.

Dottington - I love what you said about fitness and exercise. I feel like sometimes people think if they exercise a lot then it's a free pass to eat whatever they want. Plus people often overestimate how many calories they're burning when they begin exercise plans.
krispcooley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:44 AM   #5  

My best advice is to find a diet/exercise plan that you enjoy and can sustain. I tried different diets before but I couldn't keep up with it for more than a few weeks. Now I found what works for me - it fits my lifestyle, it includes food that I like and exercise I enjoy. No counting, no schedule, no 'plan'. But, it takes time and patience.. I was never very overweight but in 3 years I have lost 30 lbs forever, without yoyo-ing up and down like before. I kind of lost some and then relaxed and stayed at that weight for a while, and then lost some more again and stopped again (stopping doesn't mean I ate everything I could to compensate the time I 'was on a diet' - it just ment that if someone had a birthday or I was on vacation, I didn't stress about food at all)
So now I am ready to beat the final 6

But what works for you.. I don't know.
khat is offline   Reply With Quote