South Beach Diet - Started South Beach Today!

View Full Version : Started South Beach Today!

laur2012
02-17-2014, 04:29 PM
So after being on WW for 10 weeks and only losing 6 lbs I am trying this.. this seems more disciplined. I am a HUGE carb person so these two weeks are going to be tough. I just had a baby and I am still 20 lbs up from pre pregnancy and another 40 on top of that to lose. Today was my first day of SB and I already have a headache haha. Any advice for this diet?

Beth19
02-17-2014, 05:58 PM
Welcome!
You may be experiencing what is known as the South Beach flu, which is your body detoxing from the refined carbs. Drink lots of water, eat your beans and dairy, and don't give up! The first few days are the worst!
Good luck and visit us often.

TwynnB
02-17-2014, 06:15 PM
Best advice is to check in here daily, unless you have amazing IRL help, support, and advice. Read thru posts, there's lots of good stuff!

WELCOME!!

penmage
02-17-2014, 06:35 PM
Welcome!!

WaistingTime
02-18-2014, 08:07 AM
Welcome! I did WW a couple of times years ago and so much prefer not counting points.

RiverGirl
02-18-2014, 12:51 PM
Tammy has already posted the best advice, check in often, read posts, recipes, and ask questions & feel free to join in the Daily On Plan thread (thats right, Im recruiting).
The support I get here on the board, plus having to be accountable for my actions is what has got me through this last year.

Beyond that, planning is key. I usually make more than I need for 1 meal, and freeze the rest. That way if Im starving when I get home from work there are premade options that just need reheating... No excuses for bad choices.

Welcome to the Beach!