Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat

lisa32989
02-17-2014, 06:48 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

IntheEvening
02-17-2014, 08:06 AM
My past two weeks, my weight loss has been slow. I recently upped my water intake during the day and within two days, I'm down 2lbs. I need to remember to drink water throughout the day, instead drinking most of it at night. Silly mistake!

Have a wonderful day!

Ruth Ann
02-17-2014, 08:08 AM
My past two weeks, my weight loss has been slow. I recently upped my water intake during the day and within two days, I'm down 2lbs. I need to remember to drink water throughout the day, instead drinking most of it at night. Silly mistake!

Have a wonderful day!

The added advantage to drinking it throughout the day instead of all at night is less bathroom trips in the middle of the night!

I find when I up my water I get better losses too.

Pvillan65
02-17-2014, 08:22 AM
I've seen several references in the boards about the Alternatives, but cannot locate them? I'm a newbie who is considering IP to help me lose weight for improved health, but concerned over the expense of the program and would like to try on my own first.
Thanks!!

Ruth Ann
02-17-2014, 08:26 AM
I just bumped the alternative thread for you Pvillan65. Hope that helps!

sweetenuf
02-17-2014, 08:29 AM
So I started week 4 on Thursday and I also started TOM on thursday. Not one ounce gone this week lol....I find it amazing how much TOM effects one stinking week. I just had to bring it up.
Hope everyone had a great weekend :)

Ruth Ann
02-17-2014, 08:34 AM
sweetenuf - yep, TOM will do that to you but look at your losses zooming along! You're doing great!

TwoTots
02-17-2014, 09:07 AM
Good afternoon everyone. Day 1 is going well.
@dsertflwr yes let's check in together since we are starting the same time. Evenings are my worst time, pulling out all the stops this evening and white knuckling the urges to snack. I introduced myself late last night on the weekend thread. I did try IP last year but didn't follow it through. I am back again because the possibility of losing lots of weight by following the rules is so tempting. I am so excited but my past history with diets makes me nervous. I am entering into this with my eyes wide open, no sabotaging myself this time. Good luck everyone.

drd1961
02-17-2014, 09:23 AM
@dsertflwr yes let's check in together since we are starting the same time. Evenings are my worst time, pulling out all the stops this evening and white knuckling the urges to snack. I introduced myself late last night on the weekend thread. I did try IP last year but didn't follow it through. I am back again because the possibility of losing lots of weight by following the rules is so tempting. I am so excited but my past history with diets makes me nervous. I am entering into this with my eyes wide open, no sabotaging myself this time. Good luck everyone.

Just stick to it. Don't give yourself excuses to cheat and it will work. Believe me, I am sitting here wearing junior size 5/6 pants!

sarahBell
02-17-2014, 09:28 AM
So I started week 4 on Thursday and I also started TOM on thursday. Not one ounce gone this week lol....I find it amazing how much TOM effects one stinking week. I just had to bring it up.
Hope everyone had a great weekend :)

TOM can really stink! Onward and downward!

We had almost 6" of snow over the weekend and are getting more today!! The kids have no school, the wind is blowing like crazy you cant see diddly and quiet frankly I am sick and tired of snow and winter nuff said!

trinny
02-17-2014, 09:30 AM
I am so excited but my past history with diets makes me nervous. I am entering into this with my eyes wide open, no sabotaging myself this time. Good luck everyone.

It is my past history with numerous unsuccessful diets that is making IP work for me. I'd given up on my own ability to make the right choice several times each day.

With IP the formula is so clear and simple that I don't have to trust myself to figure out what will or won't work. Just stick to the plan and see the results.

I think the later phases will then help to lay the foundation for good choices, but for now I'm very happy to just work within the Phase 1 formula.

ems70508
02-17-2014, 09:35 AM
Morning! Day 4 of my "Garden of Life Wild Rose Herbal D-Tox" and honestly haven't noticed my body going through any type of 'detox'. None of the symptoms. Guess that's a good thing!

InTheEvening...great job on not getting upset and doing something rash like going off plan! You figured out your problem and took care of it. That really shows how much you've learned about your body.

One of my really good friends started weight watchers last week. She doesn't need to loose that much weight, maybe 15 lbs or so. She got me really excited about joining her once I finished my phases of IP. I told her i'd give it a shot but it may not be the right plan for me to stick to for maintenance. we shall see!

Hope yall have a great day!

advocatemom
02-17-2014, 09:48 AM
Good morning! I'm happy to say that my area is finally out of the snow belt (hopefully for good this year!). The weekend was spring like and this week looks good too. Amazing how this can provide me more energy and a positive outlook!!! I am feeling for those of you still dealing with the snow.

WI #4 is tomorrow and I'm hoping for 2-3 lbs. Since I got rid of the flu bug and was able to eat food/IP foods again this week, I wonder if I'll have a rebound of a pound or two?

Clothes are starting to fit more comfortably (don't think enough to move down in size yet) so that is also a great feeling!

ColoradoCarol
02-17-2014, 09:56 AM
Happy Monday and President's Day (if you live in the US). I am lucky - have today off - however we are swamped at work so have my work laptop at home with me to do several hours of work.

I am hoping for a whoosh at the scale this week. WI on Wednesday.

ReenHag
02-17-2014, 10:04 AM
WI this morning- down another pound AND another inch overall! :carrot:

Happy Presidents' Day, all!

~Renee

drd1961
02-17-2014, 10:36 AM
We are getting thundersnow!

Hawaii69
02-17-2014, 10:42 AM
I used to gain 5lbs every month with tmo, now I maintain, much better! And I really notice how much water intake helps with losing! My body craves water now! This plan has made me more aware of how my body is affected by what I'm eating and drinking. Before the plan, it was mindless eating for me some days! I really appreciate being made more aware of what I'm eating and how it affects me!

lisa32989
02-17-2014, 11:32 AM
We are getting thundersnow!
We got thunder freezing rain :(

lighthouse101
02-17-2014, 01:11 PM
Hi all,

Hope everyone is staying warm and safe in the ongoing snow! I have been off the boards for a little bit due a being quite sick for a while. Finally on the mend now and getting back into my daily work and like routine. Just wanted to say hi, I'm still here, and hoping to get to goal sometime this spring!

drd1961
02-17-2014, 01:53 PM
We got thunder freezing rain :(

Ha, we have the freezing rain with out thunder. It is suppose to turn back to snow soon.

ems70508
02-17-2014, 02:20 PM
yuckkky weather everyone is having! yall come to Lafayette! It's in the 70's here and we have a Mardi Gras parade this weekend!

ssubert
02-17-2014, 02:39 PM
I've worked at my job more than 15 years and my coworkers have seen me yo yo up and down several times. I've been as high as 230 (bad year) and as low as 165. I tend to wear the same fleece vests and jackets even if they are a little big so people don't really see my shape.
I didn't broadcast the new diet. Just did it.

Now coworkers are seeing my weight loss in my face and I'm getting compliments. Feels great.

susanlucat
02-17-2014, 03:17 PM
New to ip I want to eat ham van anyone let know which kind am I allowed to eat TIA

mckaren4
02-17-2014, 03:34 PM
I am going to try posting a picture I saw on facebook this am
that I think we can all relate to:

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1907575_10151988369071864_235397832_n.jpg

sarahBell
02-17-2014, 03:41 PM
I found out today that my grandpa is in the hospital on life support :(

He had a stroke back in august that was deep in the center of his brain. he has not gotten any better. Lastnight the nursing home had him taken to the hospital because he could not breath. He has pneumonia and is on a machine until my and sis get there to day good bye. I cant say good bye because I am almost 5.5 hours away and with the lovely dose of snow we got over the weekend and lastnight I am not going anywhere until the wake and funeral.

I so want to take a few bites of sea salt and caramel cashew ice cream but wont. We had to cancel DD party this weekend :(

I am just numb I guess :(

JLUS
02-17-2014, 03:52 PM
:hug: for you SarahBell!! Stay strong on all fronts.

sarahBell
02-17-2014, 07:25 PM
:hug: for you SarahBell!! Stay strong on all fronts.

Thanks. He passed away today around 4:30 :( Now to wait until my unlce lets me know when the funeral is :(

Slipfree
02-17-2014, 07:36 PM
So sorry for your loss, Sarahbell :(

smallerin2014
02-17-2014, 07:41 PM
Thanks. He passed away today around 4:30 :( Now to wait until my unlce lets me know when the funeral is :(

I'm sorry for your loss SarahBell. Maybe try some hot tea, taking a bubble bath or doing something else that is soothing. Stay strong :hug:

Ruth Ann
02-17-2014, 07:41 PM
:hug: Sorry for your loss Sarahbell.

JLUS
02-17-2014, 07:51 PM

I second the need for you to do something relaxing for yourself... Can hubby watch the kids while you take a cup of tea into a nice hot tub with time to reflect on special memories of your grandfather. I think that would do you a lot of good and help you stay OP and strong in the upcoming days!!

:hug:

stefnrod
02-17-2014, 08:45 PM
would this be IP approved.
Serving Size: 1 Pouch Servings Per Container: 7
Amount Per Serving
Calories 130 Calories from Fat 25
Total Fat 2.5g
Saturated Fat 1.5g
Cholesterol 5mg
Sodium 470mg
Potassium 310mg
Total Carbohydrate 17g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugars 2g
Protein 12g
Iron 6% (2,000 Calorie Diet)
Vitamin A 0% (2,000 Calorie Diet)
Vitamin C 0% (2,000 Calorie Diet)
Calcium 8% (2,000 Calorie Diet)

JLUS
02-17-2014, 08:48 PM
would this be IP approved.
Serving Size: 1 Pouch Servings Per Container: 7
Amount Per Serving
Calories 130 Calories from Fat 25
Total Fat 2.5g
Saturated Fat 1.5g
Cholesterol 5mg
Sodium 470mg
Potassium 310mg
Total Carbohydrate 17g
Dietary Fiber 3g
Sugars 2g
Protein 12g
Iron 6% (2,000 Calorie Diet)
Vitamin A 0% (2,000 Calorie Diet)
Vitamin C 0% (2,000 Calorie Diet)
Calcium 8% (2,000 Calorie Diet)

Not sure what it is but it's restricted due to carbs (17 - 3 fiber = 14 carbs).

stefnrod
02-17-2014, 08:53 PM
Weight Loss Systems Dinner - Cheese Steak Macaroni (7/Box)

stefnrod
02-17-2014, 09:00 PM
was just looking on nashuanutrition and came across this did not know if it was allowed

JLUS
02-17-2014, 09:03 PM
was just looking on nashuanutrition and came across this did not know if it was allowed

It fits the alternative protocol as restricted. You could have it for lunch w/veggies as your restricted for the day.

Bellamack
02-17-2014, 09:27 PM
Thank you to whomever told us about the Ice Chips, got them yesterday and they are great. I did hide them on hubby though, he was eating them like crazy, told him you can have 3 "chips" a day, NO more, they are for me. lol

PurpleMomster
02-17-2014, 09:27 PM
Sorry for your loss, Sarahbell. :hug:

Jo

Ideal Mom
02-17-2014, 09:32 PM
I stated the IP diet 1.5 weeks ago. I did great for the first few days (almost a lb a day), then on day 4 my period started 2.5 months early (my birth control allows me to only have a period every 3 months). I have had a period for over a week now (which is much longer than my norm) and I have stopped losing weight. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice is greatly appreciated! I soooooo want to be successful!
:?:

ReenHag
02-17-2014, 09:39 PM
I stated the IP diet 1.5 weeks ago. I did great for the first few days (almost a lb a day), then on day 4 my period started 2.5 months early (my birth control allows me to only have a period every 3 months). I have had a period for over a week now (which is much longer than my norm) and I have stopped losing weight. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice is greatly appreciated! I soooooo want to be successful!

If you are following the protocol, you WILL be successful! However, IP does affect your cycle a grat deal. You may have more frequent period and longer ones, even on BC. Please speak with your coach about the ways IP can affect your cycle and birth control. Hormones stored in fat cells are released as we burn those cells, and that can severly affect birth control, even rendering it ineffective! From what I have read on this site, many coaches recommend a backup method of BC to prevent an "IP baby".

Wahoofan
02-17-2014, 09:58 PM

This is somewhat normal. Estrogen is stored in fat. When you loose really quickly, the estrogen is released and can jump start your cycle.

I'm on the 3 month pills too and ended up having monthly cycles my first 2 months on plan.

Coaches are supposed to infom women of this so that they know to switch to barrier contraception, but it seems as though they rarely do.

stephascope
02-17-2014, 09:58 PM

I have heard a lot of women on IP have trouble with TOM. I haven't had any problems with it since starting Oct 20. In fact, I think I my TOM is more regular and shorter now that I'm on IP. I don't know why it affects some more than others. It's kind of like how some have hair loss and some don't. I would make sure to use a back-up method of BC and hopefully it sorts itself out soon!

desertflwr
02-17-2014, 10:04 PM

Hope you are doing well :hug: I will be starting tomorrow - first time ever and will check in.

Ideal Mom
02-17-2014, 10:20 PM
This is somewhat normal. Estrogen is stored in fat. When you loose really quickly, the estrogen is released and can jump start your cycle.

I'm on the 3 month pills too and ended up having monthly cycles my first 2 months on plan.

Coaches are supposed to infom women of this so that they know to switch to barrier contraception, but it seems as though they rarely do.
I was warned about BC, but my coach seems pretty stumped by this. I question how versed she is.

lisa32989
02-17-2014, 11:12 PM
I was warned about BC, but my coach seems pretty stumped by this. I question how versed she is.

It's pretty common for coaches to have minimal training. Only a few REALLY know the program well

jendilly
02-17-2014, 11:25 PM
Traveling through Arizona, doing LOTS of walking on the college campus today, and drinking lots of water. However, I'm finding it REALLY hard to get enough veggies in during the day. I had a salad at lunch today with my IP bar...but there weren't very many vegetables I could add to it. Then at dinner tonight, I got some steamed veggies, but I know it wasn't 2 cups worth, let alone 4. I am going to have to get more creative. Two more days down here. I'll have to hit a grocery store tomorrow and get some things. How do you do it traveling? I'm getting the IP foods in. I think I'm hitting my protein. It's the veggies!

calypso58
02-17-2014, 11:30 PM
Traveling through Arizona, doing LOTS of walking on the college campus today, and drinking lots of water. However, I'm finding it REALLY hard to get enough veggies in during the day. I had a salad at lunch today with my IP bar...but there weren't very many vegetables I could add to it. Then at dinner tonight, I got some steamed veggies, but I know it wasn't 2 cups worth, let alone 4. I am going to have to get more creative. Two more days down here. I'll have to hit a grocery store tomorrow and get some things. How do you do it traveling? I'm getting the IP foods in. I think I'm hitting my protein. It's the veggies!

When I eat out I sometimes have to order an extra serving of veggies to make sure I get what I need.

mars735
02-17-2014, 11:36 PM

You're doing fantastic on your vacation. So inspiring.

lisa32989
02-18-2014, 07:00 AM
Happy Tuesday!

JLUS
02-18-2014, 07:41 AM

I travel quite a bit for work and have become quite the hotel cooker. Most of my travel is in my car so I am able to take spices and microwave bowl/plate for cooking... BUT...

If you have access to a microwave , you can get frozen veggie steamer bags (usually just broccoli or broccoli and cauliflower. The others always have carrots!). If cooking at the hotel, I always grab a couple packets of lemon meant for the tea and squeeze over the veggies then add salt/pepper.

Otherwise, you might just gave to cave and order an additional side of steamed veggies!

trinny
02-18-2014, 08:13 AM
If you're hitting the grocery store, you could buy bags of pre-cut celery. Maybe not the most exciting veggie, but you don't have to wash or prepare it, making it easier for traveling.

Or maybe an English cucumber; that would require minimal prep as well.

Vippysue
02-18-2014, 08:20 AM

When I need to travel or unable to cook, to get my veggies in, I get a cucumber and cut it into spears and snack on them.

Ruth Ann
02-18-2014, 08:22 AM
Or find a grocery store with a salad bar and you can load up on veggies!

MakingMoves
02-18-2014, 08:45 AM
Hello!
I recently started phase 4 and am so lost. I've been reading all the threads that are going on here but there are still things that don't make sense to me.
What is a fat? We're supposed to at fat at lunch time but I don't want cheese or salad dressing, what are my other options?
Do we HAVE to add a fat and carb at lunch/dinner or can we keep eating like phase 2/3 for those meals?
What do you have for snacks? I found some rice cakes that are 7 carbs and nothing else (only ingredient is whole grain brown rice), could I have that with peanutbutter or can I not mix these?

So lost...:dizzy:

shrinkingsusie
02-18-2014, 08:55 AM
Good morning! Back to work today after a three day weekend. Of course today it snows and buses are cancelled. Supposed to be pretty mild all week though, so I can't complain!

Hope everyone has a great day!

ems70508
02-18-2014, 09:04 AM
http://www.ziploc.com/Products/Pages/ZipSteamMicrowaveCookingBags.aspx

I bring these guys everywhere with me! I use them a lot at work for freshly steamed veggies. I guess I could cook at home and warm up here but I'd rather cook 1 time. Anyway, it tells you on the bag how many minutes to cook for, depending on the veggie. It works very well. Only thing is that it may be hard to prep while traveling but you could definitely prep before and put in a small cooler!

ems70508
02-18-2014, 09:10 AM
scheduled my appt with my new coach tomorrow at lunch. When we talked yesterday, she told me about this 'health profile' to fill out before we met. Um, old coach never did that. She also told me about these videos you get from IP. Old coach never got that. Then I had to make an actual appointment. Old coach never did that. Just show up and wait. I'm pretty excited about all of the above because it shows me how much she cares! I have to go at lunch instead of the early AM though because they don't open early enough for me to go before work. :(

kontesanera
02-18-2014, 09:18 AM
Thank you ems for posting these ziploc baggies. I am getting them on my next trip to the grocery store. Last week I bought those baggies with broccoli and steamed them at work, added apple cider, salt and pepper and had a really nice salad. I find that cooked or steamed vegetables fill me up better than a salad.

Yesterday I did some great planning for the week (it was a day off in Ontario). I cooked kale with some garlic, salt, and pepper, and prepared baked lemon chicken breast. I buy this organic free range chicken from a local butcher shop and find that it is well worth it. For less than $20 I have an excellent source of protein for about 4 meals. I also found a great recipe how to prep chicken breast without any oil (bbq I soo miss you), and baked the chicken breast in parchment paper seasoned with sea salt, herbs and slice of lemon. It came out amazing. I think I finally discovered the joy of baking meat in parchment paper and plan to prepare my file of sole the same way once I get through this chicken.

TwoTots
02-18-2014, 09:36 AM
Hello!
I recently started phase 4 and am so lost. I've been reading all the threads that are going on here but there are still things that don't make sense to me.
What is a fat? We're supposed to at fat at lunch time but I don't want cheese or salad dressing, what are my other options?
Do we HAVE to add a fat and carb at lunch/dinner or can we keep eating like phase 2/3 for those meals?
What do you have for snacks? I found some rice cakes that are 7 carbs and nothing else (only ingredient is whole grain brown rice), could I have that with peanutbutter or can I not mix these?

Hello making moves. There is a maintainers thread on the forum. I'm sure they would have lots of answers for you. Well done for making it to phase 4.

TwoTots
02-18-2014, 09:40 AM
Hope you are doing well :hug: I will be starting tomorrow - first time ever and will check in.

Day 2 going well desertflwr. we took the children to the movies, I took soya choc balls as a snack. Before that we went to Mc Donalds for lunch. I got a coffee and brought some apple pancake/potato purees muffins with me. Playing around with the packs make this diet a lot more interesting. Good luck. I will be looking for your posts.

@Sarahbell. I'm sorry to hear about your grandad. Some me time and reflection should help you heal your heart a little.

schenectady
02-18-2014, 11:08 AM
http://www.ziploc.com/Products/Pages/ZipSteamMicrowaveCookingBags.aspx

I bring these guys everywhere with me! I use them a lot at work for freshly steamed veggies. I guess I could cook at home and warm up here but I'd rather cook 1 time. Anyway, it tells you on the bag how many minutes to cook for, depending on the veggie. It works very well. Only thing is that it may be hard to prep while traveling but you could definitely prep before and put in a small cooler!

What a great thing for which to look! I have never seen these and perhaps because I am home most of the time, I would never notice.

BUT I NEED HELP! After 6 months on IP, in two weeks I am finally flying on a long trip to Orlando/Disneyworld...business, believe it or not. I have a 6 hour flight for which I think I can prepare, but I am stumped about what to do for the 5 days we are there and in a hotel at Disneyworld.

The dinners are corporate sponsored and I am sure I can navigate my way around those like I do in a restaurant, but what do I do about the days walking around the resort? I borrowed a really nice chic tote from our daughter to stash my water supply and I have room there for more stuff, but what?

Suggestions for success?

drd1961
02-18-2014, 11:40 AM
Use the internet. I bet there are maps of the resort that will tell you what restaurants are available, and from there drill down to the menus that they have. That way you will have a list of compliant places and where they are at.

ecdcslim
02-18-2014, 12:55 PM
What a great thing for which to look! I have never seen these and perhaps because I am home most of the time, I would never notice.

BUT I NEED HELP! After 6 months on IP, in two weeks I am finally flying on a long trip to Orlando/Disneyworld...business, believe it or not. I have a 6 hour flight for which I think I can prepare, but I am stumped about what to do for the 5 days we are there and in a hotel at Disneyworld.

The dinners are corporate sponsored and I am sure I can navigate my way around those like I do in a restaurant, but what do I do about the days walking around the resort? I borrowed a really nice chic tote from our daughter to stash my water supply and I have room there for more stuff, but what? Suggestions for success?

I've traveled a lot on IP, these were my 'go tos' - baby cucumbers, celery sticks, mixed broccoli and cauliflower florets, packets of tuna are all very portable. I took my shakes and shaker, and bars. I asked for fish with no sauce and steamed veggies at every restaurant i went to and it was never a problem, even with buffets. I've ordered cucumbers and celery from room service and they'd deliver it every morning as my 'breakfast' - they would also bring me hard boiled eggs. You can do this, I promise! You can call the hotel in advance and let them know and if it's a big one, like Marriott or Holiday Inn, they will accommodate you no problem. You are so worth the effort, and it's service they provide so please ask for it. Good luck!

tbc85
02-18-2014, 01:23 PM
ems70508: you are going to love Ms. Suzi, she is awesome!!

Good morning everyone, havent been on here in a few days and I was having withdrawals, LOL! I was a little worried about my weigh in this week since I had boiled crawfish for dinner Sunday (lots of sodium) but as of this morning the excess fluid seems to be gone :)

schenectady
02-18-2014, 01:41 PM
I've traveled a lot on IP, these were my 'go tos' - baby cucumbers, celery sticks, mixed broccoli and cauliflower florets, packets of tuna are all very portable. I took my shakes and shaker, and bars. I asked for fish with no sauce and steamed veggies at every restaurant i went to and it was never a problem, even with buffets. I've ordered cucumbers and celery from room service and they'd deliver it every morning as my 'breakfast' - they would also bring me hard boiled eggs. You can do this, I promise! You can call the hotel in advance and let them know and if it's a big one, like Marriott or Holiday Inn, they will accommodate you no problem. You are so worth the effort, and it's service they provide so please ask for it. Good luck!

Such great ideas, sincere thanks for the guidance!

The packs of tuna I never would have thought of. When you travel, do you buy the veggies at home and pack them into your checked bag or do you go looking for a grocery at your destination?

Hard boiled eggs also a great idea and I love them. My mind is now churning with more ideas. Thank you, ecdcslim. I have worked so hard for this that I want nothing, not even a free trip to Disneyworld, to derail my progress.

lisa32989
02-18-2014, 02:00 PM
Schenectady:
See highlighted above!

ems70508
02-18-2014, 02:04 PM
ems70508: you are going to love Ms. Suzi, she is awesome!!

Good morning everyone, havent been on here in a few days and I was having withdrawals, LOL! I was a little worried about my weigh in this week since I had boiled crawfish for dinner Sunday (lots of sodium) but as of this morning the excess fluid seems to be gone :)

I'm so excited to meet her and have someone to motivate me for this last leg of the race! How were the crawfish? Where did you find them?? Most places are just starting to sell....

I'm feeling SUPER munchy today. I just want to chew on something. Gum isn't doing it. I think i'm immune to gum.

sarahBell
02-18-2014, 02:36 PM
My grandpas funeral is Saturday and the wake Friday :( My unlces and mom are planning the times around when we can be there :( (mother nature has been a royal "B")

I am really not hungry surprisingly. I guess this really has not hit me yet, it will Friday when I am there to start my goodbyes :(

So a NSV for me "no emotional eating"

schenectady
02-18-2014, 02:50 PM
My grandpas funeral is Saturday and the wake Friday :( My unlces and mom are planning the times around when we can be there :( (mother nature has been a royal "B")

I am really not hungry surprisingly. I guess this really has not hit me yet, it will Friday when I am there to start my goodbyes :(

Know that we have put you in our thoughts and prayers. You are probably right that your grandfather's death may not have hit you yet. There are many and complex stages of grieving - the process goes years often. I have found that finding time to both share stories with loved ones AND finding quiet time are helpful.

While you in the "not having hit me stage", do some planning for how you might handle it when you do get a flood of new emotions - have legal IP snacking food available, or your favorite IP drink mix that you can throw in a blender and make something comforting and soothing with nice flavors.

You may not resort to food at all and that is a good thing. Then you could spend some time reflecting on what you need to get through this - time alone on a long walk, making yourself busy with helping or just escaping shopping - whatever works for YOU.

Do not be afraid to let others know what you need to make your way through this - ask for help or a hug or a few quiet moments or a drive to Starbucks, or whatever. What is hard for people around you is when they do not know how to help you and you can just step in and let them know.

Ruth Ann
02-18-2014, 03:24 PM
Do not be afraid to let others know what you need to make your way through this - ask for help or a hug or a few quiet moments or a drive to Starbucks, or whatever. What is hard for people around you is when they do not know how to help you and you can just step in and let them know.

This is so true. I know when my dad died a couple of years ago, all the planning and coordinating fell to me and one of my sisters. I remember about the 3rd day of dealing with everything (I have a very large family and it took some time to gather everyone) I looked at my husband and said "will you please take me out to lunch?" I needed the break from everyone so much and just that couple of hours where we turned off our phones and no one could find us made so much difference in how I was coping.

So be nice to yourself Sarah as much as possible. Being kind to ourselves during hard times makes us so much more able to deal with things.

infoplease
02-18-2014, 03:32 PM
Hello!

C'mon over to the maintainers thread. There has been some recent posts on this topic.
In the mean time...other fats would be avocado, nuts, seeds and coconut.
You don't HAVE to add the additions but you should consider finding some foods that are nutrient rich in the fats and carbs categories because now we are after a balanced diet. Some people find that they can't add carbs at dinner or add it periodically. Don't forget fruit can be added as the dinner carb. Also, you can now add back vegetables such as artichokes and those on the restricted list (plus those pesky carrots).

For the snack, think along the proportions of a restricted bar or packet, which I think 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and the rice cake would meet. The "official" plan would be to have a piece of fruit with protein (protein & carb) or cheese & celery (a fat but no carb). You can, of course, still snack on vegetables alone. Some also snack on nuts, but usually a measured amount or a single serving pack for portion control.

I hope the daily people don't mind too much that I posted this info here. I think it is helpful to remember that the restrictions of phase 1 are temporary but phase 1 is building the backbone of the foods (protein & vegetables) that will remain the backbone of successful p4, and its good to think about the nutrient rich foods to bring back every day to maintain the new body that Phase 1 built. My opinion, anyway.

Hiker88
02-18-2014, 04:00 PM
scheduled my appt with my new coach tomorrow at lunch. When we talked yesterday, she told me about this 'health profile' to fill out before we met. Um, old coach never did that. She also told me about these videos you get from IP. Old coach never got that. Then I had to make an actual appointment. Old coach never did that. Just show up and wait. I'm pretty excited about all of the above because it shows me how much she cares! I have to go at lunch instead of the early AM though because they don't open early enough for me to go before work. :(

ems You'll enjoy the daily videos, I know I do. Its a little motivator for the day to keep me on track and I always learn a thing or two!

ecdcslim
02-18-2014, 05:21 PM
Such great ideas, sincere thanks for the guidance!

The packs of tuna I never would have thought of. When you travel, do you buy the veggies at home and pack them into your checked bag or do you go looking for a grocery at your destination?

Hard boiled eggs also a great idea and I love them. My mind is now churning with more ideas. Thank you, ecdcslim. I have worked so hard for this that I want nothing, not even a free trip to Disneyworld, to derail my progress.

It depends on the trip - when we went to Napa (yep and lots of spitting of beautiful wines!!) I went to the grocery store and bought the veggies and ziplocks. When I went for business trips of 2-3 days, those suckers went with me, pre-measured - in my luggage. I split them between checked and carry on, never had a problem with making it through the metal detectors. Good luck!!

ecdcslim
02-18-2014, 05:22 PM

My heart goes out to you, please commit to taking care of yourself as well as others during this trying time.

lighthouse101
02-18-2014, 06:28 PM
I had a good NSV today - isn't it nice when you can fit into clothes properly?

I've never been able to wear button down blouses because of my size/shape. Even buying a larger size I would get weird gaps between the buttons and then the girls can peek out - not cute!

I've had one such blouse in my closet that I hung onto in case I could ever get into it and make it work (because it's such a pretty blouse!)…tried it on this morning and it fits perfectly! No weird gaps or openings between the buttons! I couldn't believe the buttons actually were lying flat. Now I have a new style of shirt open to me for work - no more just wearing pullover blouses!

maureen kempster
02-18-2014, 06:38 PM
is regular mustard allowed on phase 1?

thanks in advance

maureen

Vippysue
02-18-2014, 07:37 PM
is regular mustard allowed on phase 1?

thanks in advance

maureen

Yes.

Delgen
02-18-2014, 07:53 PM
I was down 5 pounds the first week, but up 1 this week. I was 100% OP.
That is just discouraging.

Delgen
02-18-2014, 07:57 PM

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1/1907575_10151988369071864_235397832_n.jpg
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

I love this!

Delgen
02-18-2014, 07:58 PM

So Sorry SaraBell. It is such a difficult time. :hug: Hugs to you.

maureen kempster
02-18-2014, 08:32 PM
thank you Vippysue

Newbierm
02-18-2014, 08:37 PM

Haha this hilarious. I came up with the bright idea to add my hot coffee to a chocolate pack and then shake. The explosion that followed still has me finding chocolate spots on my unsealed white plaster walls. And I can't even begin to tell you the mess I had on my ceiling. I hope I have learned my lesson! Very funny pic!

stephascope
02-18-2014, 08:42 PM
I just made the best brussel sprouts ever! Roasted 4 cups of sprouts in the oven with EVOO for 45 mins and added an apple cider vinegar (1/2 cup)/WF syrup (1.5 tbsp.) reduction and then sprinkled 1/4 tsp of cinnamon on top. And of course Ideal salt and cracked pepper. SOO GOOD even dh loved it and he doesn't like brussel sprouts. Try it!

Slipfree
02-18-2014, 08:46 PM
Steph-Sound yummy! Will have to try it.

Delgen- sometimes a slow week follows a big loss. Keep staying OP and the weight will follow. You can do it :D

jendilly
02-18-2014, 10:53 PM
Did a bit better traveling today. My daughter and I found a restaurant that was one of those all you can eat salad type places. It was GREAT! Loaded up a really big salad with lots of veggies...every kind you can imagine. Plus I had my WF salad dressing packet with me. I did take a little bite of my daughters dessert...I know...bad me.

I left her at the college tonight, so I was on my own for dinner. Drove around, trying to figure out what to eat. Long story and a few comical errors...and then I was really hungry. Ended up at Chili's and got a combo of chicken and salmon with double broccoli. Filled me up for sure. Eating out at restaurants every day is harder than I thought it would be. Can't exactly go thru a drive-thru and call it good. One more day tomorrow before flying home tomorrow evening. We will probably eat out for lunch and get my protein and veggies in then. I'll just have a bar on the airplane ride home for my dinner.

And then I have my weekly WI on Thursday morning...kind of anxious to see how this has all gone for me.

TwoTots
02-19-2014, 01:44 AM
Good morning everyone. Day 3 here and going well. I haven't had any headache symptoms. All good.
stephascope, I love the sound of your brussels recipe. It's a lovely bright morning here. My children are off school so no rushing about getting them out the door. Very civilized start to the day. I have a late day in work so I will bring my snack to tide me over until I get home for dinner. Have a lovely day everyone.