Carb Counters - Where is the thread called 'Sea change happening with high carbs"?

362to262
02-14-2014, 11:47 AM
I clicked on the link in an email and it took me to a page not available ... where is the thread gone?

362to262
02-14-2014, 01:57 PM
Ad now billyBlueEyes reply to my query has been deleted!

What is going on?

Surely it would be more ethical to at least give a REASON why a thread is being deleted, otherwise it looks like a conspiracy to suppress knowledge.

Silverfire
02-14-2014, 02:00 PM
12. Do NOT fight with the mods and admins. This is a large website and it's a big job for us to keep it running smoothly. If we ask you to stop doing something or change something, please just do it. We do not have the time to debate this with you. If your post or thread is deleted or locked, accept it and understand that we do not have time to send you a detailed explanation. Re-read the rules to refresh your memory as to why it happened. There will be no discussion on these matters. If you become a nuisance, you will lose your posting privileges.

13. Do not complain about the rules. Any public discussion of specific cases will be removed and you will lose your posting privileges (temporarily or permanently). This is a privately owned forum and we created the rules based on years of experiences with thousands of members. Moderators and administrators are unpaid volunteers who spend a lot of time making sure our forum is safe, clean, and supportive. If we decide that your post is inapporpriate, it will be removed or locked. Please don't argue and please don't keep posting along the same line otherwise you're gone too.

We reserve the right to disable posting abilities of anyone that violates any of the terms of membership, without warning or notice.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/frequently-asked-questions/50973-forum-rules.html

362to262
02-14-2014, 02:04 PM
I'm a brand new member, and I don't like being treated with disrespect, and that includes deleting my posts without warning, reason or explanation.

I'm not fighting the rules, I am just asking to know why the thread was deleted. It seemed like a useful one. What rule exactly was broken that made the thread not locked but completely deleted?

If you want to ban me for asking for respect then do so. There are plenty of other dieting forums.

Silverfire
02-14-2014, 02:16 PM
I understand. I've been there :)

It may have been something you missed that was the thing that made it close, or any number of other reasons it was deleted. Sometimes opinionated discussions get pretty heated and to be safe, MOD's or Admin will shut it down. It happens

Remember that they are volunteers and may not have the time at this moment to let you know why the post was deleted. (Not that they have to, but sometimes they do) Make sure you read all of the rules!

Don't take it personally :)

362to262
02-14-2014, 02:22 PM
Thank you.

Yes it must have been something I missed because I certainly did not post anything that was in any way objectionable.

I think you should just delete the objectionable post NOT the whole thread!

I am not happy to spend time and effort contributing posts to a forum when the thread I am contributing to could suddenly be deleted without warning, thus wasting all my time and effort.

Unless you can assure me that my posts won't be deleted just because someone else wrote something objectionable, I will no longer be posting.

Well, that was short - I only joined about 2 days ago!

Suzanne 3FC
02-14-2014, 02:27 PM
Surely it would be more ethical to at least give a REASON why a thread is being deleted, otherwise it looks like a conspiracy to suppress knowledge.

That's a nice thought, but we delete countless threads every day and if we were to post reasons why, we'd have to double our moderator staff and hope they were all unemployed :lol: We have a lot of spammers and we also have a lot of members that request their threads be deleted for various reasons. In this case, the OP requested that the thread be deleted for personal reasons, at least temporarily. It would be silly to post a new thread to tell everyone that a specific thread has been deleted, especially for the reasons given.

Silverfire is correct in that we have rules in place regarding this type of action. Quite frankly, our members understand that we don't delete threads for the heck of it. There's always a reason, and they trust that we do it for the right reasons. If not, then they can refer to the forum rules that Silverfire pointed out.

Per our forum rules, I will close this thread. If you have questions, please contact us via email and please don't use our diet support forum to argue personal disagreements.