40-Somethings - 40-Something St Patrick's Challenge

Pages : [1] 2

Zumbachica
02-14-2014, 10:14 AM
Top of the morning to you all.....Here we go, another challenge. St Paddy's Day...State your goals and kiss the blarney stone...here we go!!!!!!

Zumbachica
02-14-2014, 10:19 AM
I refuse to fail at another challenge. Luckily the next month I don't have any parties, jaunts away, etc. I can totally focus. The 21 Day fix I ordered is on backorder, so I'm just going to focus on low carb eating and getting some weight training in......When this snow melts I'm going to start walking, just wish I had a dog to walk with.

IonMoon
02-14-2014, 11:24 AM
Well... let's see... 1 month goals.

Track my eating and exercise every day.
Exercise 6-7 days/week including 3+ days of resistance training.
Stay under my calorie allowance every day.
Lose 5 lbs (239- 6= 233).

That would make 20 lbs total and would be awesome :)

newleaf123
02-14-2014, 11:34 AM
For those who aren't sure (me!), St. Patricks Day is 3/17.

Sum38
02-14-2014, 12:17 PM
Okay, great! 4 week challenge.

I am sure my weightloss will slow down drastically; I will challenge myself to drop 5 pounds. -- Starting weight is 140; goal weight is 135 pounds.

Thanks Zumba for the new challenge!

Sum38
02-14-2014, 12:33 PM
I am two hours ahead of schedule! Yay! Usually I run like crazy trying to get ready, not today. I actually have some time to surf the web and drink a cup of tea :)

Since we are driving, I just checked out the weather, and we should not have any major weather related issues ahead of us. I am glad we are not going south.

So, I have not decided if I should bring my scale along? It is nine long days :D Would I survive???

Cattails
02-14-2014, 12:37 PM
Aye, you can count me in, lassies! My goal is to stay under 120. May the luck of the Irish be with ye all! :kissluck:

LindaWW
02-14-2014, 01:26 PM
I'm in for this challenge! I've been lurking and reading the last month, but just couldn't get it together enough to participate. My weight is stuck at 164, and my goal is to be below 160 by St. Patrick's Day. I tend to lose weight very slowly, unless I limit my calories to around 1000 a day, and that's just too hard. I'll try to do better about checking in daily too. Maybe that will give me the push I need! Good luck everyone!

newleaf123
02-14-2014, 01:45 PM
My goals are:

Be back at 156
Reestablish an exercise routine
Healthy food choices with portion control

I have this weird problem. It used to be that the first place that I gained and lost weight was my breasts. Now, despite reconstruction, that is not possible. So the weight seems to have decided to go straight to my upper thighs. Ick.

Reversing.course.now.

Zumbachica
02-14-2014, 06:52 PM
Newleaf..I have horrible saddlebags my thighs are the first place it goes and the last place I lose it.....very frustrating.

So I just made a tray of macaroons for my man friend, I'm making him dinner tonight even though he's getting home really late....I only had one macaroon to taste test.....making chicken and vegetables.....

Tomorrow is my bday an we are taking a little jaunt to the city. Not sure where we are eating for dinner but part of me doesn't care..I don't want to make food so important anymore.....

Magicsusan
02-14-2014, 10:14 PM
I'm going to stretch this one out a bit; I'm going on holiday at the end of March. I'm currently 107k and want to be less than 100k by then.

Walkies six days a week, work out 4x.

After that, my goal willbe not to gain any weight while on hols, ha ha!

MarleneV
02-15-2014, 12:20 AM
I'm in. Goal to stay in my preferred range of 124-126 or lower. Need to also get more committed to exercise, but not sure how that will end up with things at work getting busy.

Chubby mum
02-15-2014, 01:32 AM
I'm in. I'm aiming for 6 pounds, that'll get me out of the 70s kg wise. My whole adult life apart from pregnancies (and post partum fat) I've been in the 60s so I'll feel more like my old self then.

FatAbbi
02-15-2014, 10:19 AM
Hmmm I will aim to be 150 by st. Patricks day. 6 lbs!

love2b150
02-15-2014, 12:23 PM
Rennie said on 12/26/2013:

Quote:

weigh in this morning 180.2

1 ~ get back to ticker weight of 177.4 by the first of the year
2 ~ get to 175 which was my Christmas challenge goal
3 ~ get as close to 170 as possible by the end of this challenge

You did it, Rennie! :dancer:

Cattails, thank you :hug:

Zumba :hug: you still did well on the challenge because you are here and keeping it positive :hug: Congrats on wearing the bikini, I surely can't do that, shorts or not and I am definitely not bold enough to try even in the dark ;) also Beachbody workout, I believe you'll be where you want to be soon my friend :)

Heidi I ate 247 carbs of junk yesterday, so I got yours in for you ;) Good job on the candy :high:

Sum you are just amazing, keep up the good work :high: Have fun in Colorado :) ok went back a little congrats on the new position and wow on the single number sizes, I wonder if I'll ever get there :)

Carma sorry about bloat-ville :hug:

Marlene way to go on getting back to your preferred range :high:

Chubby mum Happy Anniversary :) and good job on your loss for the challenge :high:

shr1nk1ngme, way to go on leaving the 150's soon :high:

wantochange glad the cast is off, and that is exactly why I don't like pictures, my stomach ... drives me nuts :)

Michelle hello :wave:

I hope I didn't forget anyone if I did I do apologize :hug:

I am having issues with this site. I don't know if I mentioned it before or not. First I had all of these nasty pop-ups now I can't edit my signature to change it to a St. Patrick's Day theme. Have any of you had any issues?

My weigh in today was 169.6 up .6 from yesterday. I have been stuck between 168-170 all month, smh.

My goal for this challenge is to be at or near 162 so 7.6 pounds to lose :crossed: Best of luck to us all on our goals :)

Magicsusan
02-15-2014, 02:50 PM
Oh! I thought the annoying pop-ups were just a problem with me and my i-pad! They are driving me batty!

love2b150
02-15-2014, 07:34 PM
Magicsusan, I am now using IE because it was happening on Google Chrome. I don't know of another browser to use. I also get a new animated kind of 3fatchicks window that doesn't do anything when I try to go to the signature link it says it can't be displayed.

love2b150
02-15-2014, 08:29 PM
Weighed in this morning for the last time in this challenge and I was 150.4. For some unknown reason I decided to get on the scale again this afternoon, which is something I NEVER do.

:carrot:!!! 149.8 !!!:carrot:

It won't be official until tomorrow morning's weigh-in. But still. :carrot::carrot::carrot:

So I lost 15.2 pounds in six weeks. Not quite the 16 I was aiming for, but I am sooo happy. No complaints here. See you all in the other challenges as they come up.

shr1nk1ngme way to go, on the weigh in this afternoon and on your loss for the Valentine's challenge, great job :high:

Magicsusan
02-16-2014, 03:49 AM
Wow, Shr1nk1ngme! That's great! Congrats :)

love2be, I don't know what's causing it, but 90% of the time when I click on a new thread or something, it takes me to the app store to buy some game or another. Getting irritating! :mad:

Sum38
02-16-2014, 03:06 PM
Popping in to wish our Greek goddess happy birthday! Posting from my phone so I don't have the patience to post personals.
Colorado is sunny.

love2b150
02-16-2014, 03:20 PM
Happy Birthday Zumba :cheer: ... :)

Sum hope you're enjoying the sun :)

Chubby mum, Happy Anniversary, it's today right?

Weigh in this morning 168.4. So happy to see that 8 hope I'll see the 7 tomorrow that will be a new low :crossed:

Hope all is well with all of you :hug:

Cattails
02-16-2014, 03:25 PM
Zumba, hope your birthday was great fun! :bday2you:

Grats, Rennie, you are doing great!

Hope everyone is enjoying a nice weekend. :wave:

love2b150
02-16-2014, 03:34 PM
Thanks Cattails :) hope you're enjoying a nice weekend also :)

Loving today, the sun is melting the snow and ice and we are supposed to have warmer temps through the week :)

Zumbachica
02-16-2014, 07:53 PM
THANK YOU for the bday wishes!!!!!!!

My bday was amazing....went into NYC, stayed at a high end hotel and had champagne, chocolates and an amazing dinner....so romantic and just perfect. I didn't think about dieting, I gave myself permission to care about myself....now I'm home and its back to business!!

Noone to cook for this week so I have total control of portions and how or what I want to eat. I can't blame the fact that I'm cooking for kids as my downfall....I'll be going out to dinner on Thursday night but I already know the restaurant and I'll be ordering a salad. Friday I'm going to a jewelry party and I am eating before I go so I'm not so tempted by all the food....

I want to be 140 by the end of this challenge.

MarleneV
02-17-2014, 12:58 AM
On track with food & water today. Not on exercise, because I had to do all of my errands today with working 6 days a week. Should have worked some today too, but just didn't feel like it.

Hope everyone has a good week!

Apple Blossom
02-17-2014, 01:39 PM
OK, I will try a challenge. GULP I would like to hit 165 by St.Patricks day. I will be a very happy little leprechaun if I succeed!

Zumbachica
02-17-2014, 04:03 PM
WELCOME Apple Blossom!!

Zumbachica
02-17-2014, 04:10 PM
Kind of sad today....missing my kids.

Monday is my big workout day so that isn't a problem today...as far as eating goes I feel extra hungry, not sure why. Went to Whole Foods and stocked up on some stuff that will get me through the week without much cooking since I have no one to cook for except me . Keeping the carbs on the low as usual..no sugar.

Breakfast: Two hard boiled eggs
Lunch: indian food at whole foods, I forgot what the things I ate are called but they were dough filled with peas and other vegetables.....my last high carb meal for the week.
snack: hand full of chashews some rotisserie chicken

IonMoon
02-17-2014, 05:21 PM
Kind of sad today....missing my kids.

Monday is my big workout day so that isn't a problem today...as far as eating goes I feel extra hungry, not sure why. Went to Whole Foods and stocked up on some stuff that will get me through the week without much cooking since I have no one to cook for except me . Keeping the carbs on the low as usual..no sugar.

Breakfast: Two hard boiled eggs
Lunch: indian food at whole foods, I forgot what the things I ate are called but they were dough filled with peas and other vegetables.....my last high carb meal for the week.
snack: hand full of chashews some rotisserie chicken

Samosas? Yum!

I am having a challenging day... As soon as I got to work, my husband called from his work on my work phone line... he had tried my cell, but I was working with a client and missed his calls... my dad locked himself out of our house and I had to drive him to let him in. Then I had a meeting across campus and it is soooo cold. I thought about walking, but drove- still had a long walk. And I didn't get my lunch until just now!!

This is why planning & packing meals is vital to me. Had I not had my oatmeal here and my lunch, it would have been hard to make healthy choices under pressure! I am surrounded by quick & delicious restaurants.

I might skip my work out tonight. I am beat!

sumu1
02-18-2014, 11:29 AM
I'd love to do a challenge, St Patty's a month away and 1st day of Spring 30 days away. Love to get in that warmer state of mind ( in time for short season). Goals, lets go for 5 lbs. Walk/hike 3 times a week. Water, water, water. I want to keep to my calorie goal and weigh myself half way through and at end. That's going to be the toughest :) . I think that's a good start. Here we go. Happy to be aboard

Zumbachica
02-18-2014, 12:09 PM
SUMU...sounds like a good plan!!!!! I would be very happy losing five lbs in this challenge..lets do it!!

ION...yes, Samosas. Probably not a good idea given they are so high in carbs....but they had nothing artificial or processed in them. Good for you for packing your meals....so important when we are out of the house for most of the day and are surrounded by temptation...

Zumbachica
02-18-2014, 12:13 PM
back up to almost 150...here we go again. Not sure why my body wants to get to that number and stay there.....I don't think I ate that badly yesterday but I guess its weight gained from the weekend. I'm probably better off not weighing myself on days like today. Doing the low carb thing until further notice.
More snow today meant no gym which means another workout that didn't happen. I feel so frumpy......
Need to do a ton of paperwork, some housework, getting a facial..and then maybe a short kettlebell workout with my DVD...getting primped and meeting a friend later this evening for dinner/drinks. I will allow myself a glass of vodka diet coke and chicken and vegetables...I already know the menu at this place.

HOpe everyone is having a good day. I'm looking forward to this snow melting finally...which is supposed to happen tomorrow....

Sum38
02-18-2014, 03:38 PM
We Happy Drink Wine Day!

Still on a vacation, weather has been amazing! Boys are sad that there is no powder, hoping for a snow storm tonight.

Friend has a scale and I am up a pound. Not too bad. I knew that I would not be losing weight on this trip.

I took one hike. Six miles, it was really difficult, I was sore afterwards.

Since I am not making any progress during these first ten days, I highly doubt that I will make my challenge goal. I may change it to 'stay below 140' goal.

Sorry about lack of personals, but I am posting from my phone. I will respond to all of old I am back using my laptop, it may be after the vacation. Also sorry about all typos :-)

justsayno
02-18-2014, 09:51 PM
National Wine Day - Yes I had a small glass of wine & the one my husband picked was really good.

Update - Just getting back from an impromptu vacation, I needed a break! I was stressing over being sick, gaining weight when I was really trying to lose, missing the kids, starting to get obsessive; so I just packed up & visited the kids & some old friends & just refocused my thoughts & am in a much better place now. I am down a little in weight also.

Goals for this challenge (I really don't want to fail another one):

Lose 10 pounds by St. Patrick's Day - SW 197.6
Plan my meals everyday & stick to it.
Ride bike or go for a run (5 days a week)

Now going to catch up on everyone else.

justsayno
02-18-2014, 10:23 PM
Zumba - I have 2 dogs that I walk/run with, I enjoy them going with me, whoever begs the most when I am heading out the door is the one that goes that trip. Sorry I missed your birthday - Happy Belated Birthday.

Heidi - The most noticeable place that I gain weight is in my upper thighs also, I hate that!

Chubby Mum - Happy Anniversary.

Well I have read & caught up with everyone, I would love to do more personals but for some reason the site is giving me a fit while I am trying to post from my tablet. So I will be back tomorrow. Good luck to everyone & I am hoping we all make our goals on this challenge.

MarleneV
02-19-2014, 12:30 AM
Zumba, happy belated B-day. Now that you have that weekend & all behind you, maybe you can stick with the low carb & see some come back off.

Rennie, good job on the 168, hope that you got your new low.

Sum, enjoy vacation!

Chubby mum, happy anniversary!

Cattails:wave:

Shay, sounds like you have a good plan!

Apple Blossom, IonMoon, Sumu1, Welcome!

Sorry for anyone else that I missed!

MarleneV
02-19-2014, 12:38 AM
Well, I'm to the point of the year where I'm frustrated at work and just tired already... and we still have 8 weeks to go from today until our big deadline. I should have been working the past 3 hours, and I've found ways to avoid it. sigh... that is just going to make tomorrow that much worse.

B - protein bar & coffee with creamer
L - 1/2 turkey wrap & 2 pickle spears. (another firm brought lunch in for us today, this is NOT what I would normally eat, I would normally have a big salad, so I was then hungry the rest of the day) I had an orange & animal crackers as soon as I was able to get out of that meeting.
S - orange & cheese stick
D (early) turkey chili, salad with black olives, guacamole & salsa, mixed berries
S - no sugar added ice cream
W - 8 cups
E - dog walk

Cattails
02-19-2014, 04:47 AM
Hi everyone!

Aw, Marlene, sounds like you're a bit overwhelmed! Hope you can tackle your workload in reasonable portions.

Shay, good for you giving yourself a vacation right when you needed it!

Sum, thanks for the heads up on the notable day. LOL Wow, a 6 mile hike, nice! But give yourself a break from the scale, woman! :D

Hey, Zumba, sounds like a good day planned out! Hope that was fun.

Hi/welcome to everyone else!

Cattails
02-19-2014, 04:54 AM
The sun was shining so nice today, grass is green and the trees are budding out; spring is in the air! I feel the itch to garden!

Weight is holding steady at 115-117; as long as it doesn't creep up to 120, I'm good.

B: greek yogurt and kefir, 2 dried figs
L: chips and salsa, half a chicken enchilada
D: beef taco, salad with marinated beans
S: lightly buttered popcorn, dark chocolate, coffee with creamer

E: 45 minute walk, 1 hour strength workout with cardio intervals

Sum38
02-19-2014, 10:10 AM
Chubby mum Happy Anniversary!

Cat... I am slave of my scale :no: Luckily it was below 140 this morning...doing well on my vacation, yay!

Snow is finally supposed to arrive here today, not a day too soon. Boys are taking a break today and back on the slopes tomorrow morning; hopefully with some fresh powder to skin on.

As I said, scale is below 140, which I am VERY happy about. I have been trying to be mindful of my eating. I have been snacking a bit too much. -- I miss my workouts, it will be nice to get back into my routine come next week. -- I have not logged anything all week.

I was "promoted" at the FCA. I have my own committee now, I am in charge of memberships; another resume builder :D

Have a fruitful day my friends!

BettyBooty
02-19-2014, 10:24 AM
I think I probably need this b/c I am losing steam.

OK, I want to get to 173 by March 17th.
I want to run 3 times per week.
I want to do strenght training exercises at least one day per week.

Sum38
02-19-2014, 11:19 AM
BettyBooty Welcome, nice to have you on board! :)

Zumba sorry that your body is being a bugger! It is probably just water weight from the weekend. -- Sounds like you had a wonderful time! I am glad you found this new man and he is being good to you!! You deserve it. Where was the dinner at?

Rennie Awesome!!! You are rocking this!

Marlene Sorry about your work load. April 15th can not get here soon enough.

Shay Yay on your vacation.

IonMoon, Sumu1 Welcome!

Apple Blossom You can do it!

Sorry if I missed anyone!!

justsayno
02-19-2014, 11:59 AM
The scale sure hasn't moved a lot but I fit into a really cute pair of pants today that I couldn't fit into when I bought them. I always buy clothes that I can wear now but for some reason I was distracted when I bought these & grabbed the wrong size when I decided to get a different color than what I tried on. That made me feel really good. Considering I had nothing to wear all the stuff from vacation is in the laundry. :D

I forgot to take my leggings & running pants when I went on vacation so we made a quick stop at a little mall. They didn't have anything like a sports shop so I stopped by New York & Company & bought a pair of their basic leggings. The best work out pants ever! I have all kinds of work out/running clothes that I paid a lot more for & these are the best! Thought I would share if anyone is looking for anything.

Have an good day everyone, I am heading to a meeting.

MarleneV
02-20-2014, 01:29 AM
Cattails & Sum, thanks! Yes, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, I have one big project that is giving me fits, tax returns flooding in now, and a new big project coming in next Thursday that is going to be hot, so hopefully I can get this other project done. I'm off Friday-Sunday on our ranch trip and can't work while there, so...

today went well as far as food, got a walk in as well, and my water. Total calories aprox 1300 for the day. weight was steady - 125.5

Tomorrow starts the challenge, its my birthday, so who knows what anyone will show up with in the office, then I'm going out for drinks/dinner with my business partners. Then we spend the weekend at the ranch, and I don't know what we'll have there to eat, but hopefully will also get lots of exercise. I'll let you all know late Sunday how it went, but I expect to be up some.

Cattails
02-20-2014, 04:08 AM
Marlene, happy birthday!! :hb: And have a terrific weekend, it sounds awesome. :D

Sum, good going on managing your vacay and grats on your promotion! I think it's really cool how you stay connected with the Finnish community.

Shay, great NSV!

Welcome, BettyBoop! Your plan sounds really good.

I spent part of today pruning my orchard - oh geez, I'm paying now for neglecting it before, there's so much to do! Poor trees... This is going to take a while. :rollpin:

Sum38
02-20-2014, 11:55 AM
Finally a snow day. It is cold out there and windy. I'm keeping warm at Starbucks. In a while I will venture out and explore the Vail village.
According to the house scale I am at a new low,am really happy about that.
138.5. I am not jumping up and down with joy yet because the scale could be way off. At least the trend is down. I was 141a few days ago. Once I get home and if I am truly down I will jump with joy :-)
I have cooked each night except one, and even then I only had a salad with dressing on a side.
I brought three pairs of size ten jeans with me and they are too big on me. I even washed a pair in hot water and dried forever hoping they would shrink.... Lol. They got a bit tighter. .

We are staying in a hotel tonight. Maybe I will get a treadmill walk in.

Dinner will be out but I will get another salad.

It has been a nice vacation.

Zumbachica
02-21-2014, 03:26 AM
My bday celebration continued today when A friend took me out to dinner....I had eggplant rollatini...it was great but I feel guilty now. I chalked today up to another failure.

I won't be getting on scale tmrw....

BettyBooty
02-21-2014, 07:39 AM
I was down 2 lbs this week, but I've only had a chance to run once, so tonight and tomorrow are it. I am going to try out a different dumbell/kettlebell routine before sundown Sunday, too.

Sum38
02-21-2014, 11:00 AM
Happy birthday, Marlene!

Sum38
02-21-2014, 11:11 AM
No weigh in for me today, stayed at a hotel. We went to a Mexican restaurant for dinner, I had tilapia and black beans with rice and some chips. Nothing to drink as usual. I'm sure that weight is up a bit. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning.

If I'm truly 138.5 I will keep my goal of 135 for the challenge, it should be doable. Once I get home and back to my grueling work outs I should be back on losing weight.

Today we are skiing at Breckenridge, well the boys are, I will bumm around the town. Later I will find a Starbucks and read my book.

I had a NSV before the vacation. I have two pairs of snow pants. The large ones were too big and I fit in to the size small ones :-) And as the vacation goes on they fit better and better. I like the small ones better anyways, the ski outfit is mint green and makes my eyes pop out.

Zumbachica
02-21-2014, 03:20 PM
Hello all....my stay action is almost over....I enjoyed the time spent with friends...and the break from cooking and schedules. I did not losebweight this past week and Im not going to beat myself up over it anymore....it was a birthday celebration....making good choices from here on out,

Cattails
02-21-2014, 11:13 PM
Good going, Zumba. There's nothing wrong with enjoying life and everything right with it! I say if you want something, eat it and own it, and move on.

Sum, awesome NSV! Glad you're enjoying your vacation.

BettyBooty, nice loss for the week!

I think I need to take an exercise break for a day or few; I'm starting to feel broken. It's hard though, I really like to push myself and feel strong, but this bod can only take so much. Stupid arthritis...

B: yogurt/kefir with flaxseed, half a banana
L: salad with beans and chicken fajita meat, a few crumbled chips on top
D: chicken and broccoli stirfry
S: jicama, skinny cow ice cream sandwich, coffee with creamer, dark chocolate
E: 1 hr. walking, 1 hr. iron yoga

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone!!

Zumbachica
02-22-2014, 08:13 PM
Cattails....listen to your body....if you're in pain give yourself a break.

Magicsusan
02-23-2014, 01:09 AM
Sum- Mexican food! Not something I get much of over here either. Do you not ski, or are you just fed up with it today?

Betty Booty, this is a bit off topic, but I'm just wondering if you (and others) found you initially gained a bit when you began running? I haven't been eating more than usual, have been exercising more than usual, but not losing... I read somewhere that starting a running program can make your body retain water, initially...

Zumba, I really second what Cattails said; don't feel guilty, enjoy the heck out of your birthday meal and then move on! Good luck getting back on track :)

Cattails, I know how you feel. The worst thing is my kids with perfectly healthy bodies who don't want to use them for anything but sitting in front of a computer :rolleyes:

I'm starting c25k and walking, plus still doing the dumbells about twice a week to try and tame these over proportional bingo-wings. *sigh*

Sum38
02-23-2014, 12:44 PM
Home sweet home.

Tomorrow will tell how I did during my vacation. I hope to have stayed the same, no gain :crossed: I did eat more than intended....

The drive home was uneventful, I drove the graveyard shift. I enjoyed the peace and quiet and no traffic. Even passing though Chicago was a breeze.

DD stayed home alone and house is sort of a mess. The rest of the day will be spent cleaning up and doing laundry. Back to reality.

Tomorrow I will resume my exercise regime.

Zumbachica
02-23-2014, 05:51 PM
Hi all...well the last two days i've had pretty bad ovarian pain....I feel extremely bloated and achey. Last night I was home bored, alone and in pain and i binged. This made me feel even worse. I won't get on the scale, it will be too scary a number and will probably send me over the edge emotionally. I am more determined than ever to lose this weight once and for bloody all.
My kids are back tonight, i have missed them so much. Tomorrow they go back to school and we all get back to "the grind". This means I am getting up early, making meals and running around. Although it is exhausting at times, it is a good thing for me to get back to routine. No more weekends away or nights out to dinner. Although I enjoyed my week long celebration it truly put my weight at a bad place...even my fat pants are barely fitting. When i think about how my job is to help others reach their fitness goals I feel like such a loser.
I'm starting the 21 day fix but not following the diet exactly because I think it borders on the ridiculous. You're supposed to fill up these little containers with food...how stupid. I would rather just follow the belly fat cure plan which always works for me.

BREAKFAST: coffee
LUNCH: shake ology shake
DINNER: salad made with kale, lettuce, cabbage, cheddar cheese and oil and vinegar. Three grilled chicken tenderloins.
Small square 80 percent chocolate.

Zumbachica
02-23-2014, 05:56 PM
SUM. Welcome home. You were really mindful of what you ate when you were away, so I'm sure you did well weight wise. Im really proud of all you have accomplished since the new year. I wish I could say the same.......

MaGICSUSAN: my friend is working with dumbbells and really made huge improvements in her arms. sometimes that is all it takes.....keep up the good work...

CATTAILS: I am always so amazed at your food logs....you allow yourself treats and still maintain that skinny body....way to go....you found what works and you aren't depriving yourself.

MARLENE: have a happy bday

Chubby mum
02-23-2014, 09:17 PM
Hi everyone!

I was up a pound on my Friday weigh in but I'd lost nearly 3 the week before which is a lot for me, so if I'm back down to ticker weight this week I'll be happy. We've got guests which is always a mixed blessing - I've been able to get out for a nice long run while the babies sleep but there's more food organisation etc. in general I cook out of necessity but I certainly don't love it.

Hope everyone has a nice Monday!

Magicsusan
02-24-2014, 12:41 AM
Mondays are a mixed blessing because the week is usually busy. Sorry you're struggling, Zumba. :hug: find those evil binge triggers and re-wire them!

chubbymum, happy running! I've just started-slowly- till I see how my joints and tendons take it, lol.

Have a good Monday, everyone!

Cattails
02-24-2014, 01:18 AM
MagicSusan, awesome about starting C25K - I did that last year and it was amazing. Keep us updated on your progress.

Welcome home, Sum! I'm sure your scale is happy to see you too. ;)

Chubby Mom, sounds like things are going well, nice work.

Aw, Zumba, there's nothing like pain to derail your best intentions; hope that has diminished by now. :hug: Routines are good, I'm sure you'll find it easier to keep on track now that things can get back to 'normal.'

And you're right, of course; I have to listen to my body about when to stop as well as when to move. I've gone for walks the past two days and given my body a break from yoga and strength training. As for treats, it's important to me to not be deprived, so I've always figured in something or another on a daily basis, and I always eat food that I love - just not tons of it, except for vegetables, which I sometimes overeat. :o

Hope everyone has a terrific week. :wave:

B: yogurt and kefir with flaxseed, dried figs
S: banana, teaspoon of peanut butter
L: salad with beans and pumpkin seeds
D: pasta sauce over green beans
S: plain popcorn, coffee with creamer, 1 oz. dark chocolate

Zumbachica
02-24-2014, 07:10 AM
all time high on the scale this morning...151.2....ouch! Hurt me just to look at that on the scale. Still feeling some pain, just not as badly. If it continues i'll have another doctors appt to make. Im hoping that i can get that number down soon because it really is disconcerting. I feel like such a loser. I get in front of my classes today and they're probably all thinking about how fat i'm getting. This just makes me more self conscious and upset about it.

Eating way clean today and trying to up the water consumption. Teaching three classes so I can't say i won't be getting my workout in at least. Kids are back to school today.

BettyBooty
02-24-2014, 09:23 AM
Well, I ran Friday but not Saturday and had a few glasses of wine at a friend's house and some dessert (and didn'tdrink enough water) and am up a bit today.

But, yesterday and Friday I ran for an extra half mile, so that was good.

Magicsusan- you asked if I found that I gained a bit when I started running. I personally did not this time around, and I do not recall if I did back when I really started (before baby no. 1). This time around I started running the same week I got strict with calorie counting, so that might be one reason I did not gain.

Sum38
02-24-2014, 12:24 PM
Well, no damage from my trip; I actually lost two pounds in 10 days.-- All those home cooked meals paid off. We only eat out a few times and I was being mindful. Our friend cooked steaks one day, and that was my highest calorie meal of the trip.

I was so tired that I slept late. I never sleep in. I missed an appointment this morning; unusual for me.

My poor husband had to be up at 4:30 and drive to Cleveland :( I was being a bad wife, and I did not even send him off :no:

I am enjoying my morning tea and then I need to go to the gym; back to the grind. My 138 pounds is motivating me; all those size 6 clothes are only a few pounds away :) Funny though, I feel fatter than ever. :dunno: All clothes are fitting looser but some how my head is not understanding/seeing that I am getting smaller. All I see are the fat lumps I have. Did this happen to anyone else whilst losing weight?

I entertained an idea a while back that I could be happy at 135 pounds, today I see that I won't. I have a feeling that 125 pounds won't make me happy either. -- I remember being 117 pounds and quite happy with my looks. So I have 20 more pounds to lose, ugh. I have a really small frame. At 172 pounds I looked huge; people probably thought that I was 200 pounds.

So I guess I will be part of 3FC's for awhile :) -- I could not imagine doing this without you ladies. The support is amazing! :grouphug: -- So even when/if (:crossed:) hit maint. I won't go anywhere. I think keeping the weight off will be more work than losing it.

Well off to start my day. Back to logging and exercising!

Zumbachica
02-24-2014, 02:27 PM
SUM Maybe it is going to take you a while for your mind to catch up with your body...or maybe you just need to feel "firmer" or more toned before you feel smaller...but you are smaller and when you start trying on smaller clothes and they fit well it will hit you. I think torturing yourself to get down to 117 may not be a good thing for you but what do i know, i'm the one that is gaining weight in this challenge. I just want you to celebrate your accomplishment instead of still feeling dissatisfied.

I also have a small frame so that i don't carry extra weight well, at all....some people can......

i notice now that i have more weight on me i also have heartburn....when does it end?

Took a fall on the driveway and had a hard time getting up...if i weren't in such good shape i would probably be calling an ambulance right now....if an older heavier person took that same fall it would not have been pretty sight....

I hope everyone is having a good day..

Sum38
02-24-2014, 02:32 PM
Zumba I was there where you are about a year ago and then something snapped in me on March 28th and I got my act together (for the most part; ups and downs all the way). -- I was really fat at that point, nearing 170 pounds. I remember the first day (March 28th) when I went for a walk and I was patting my belly; I looked (and felt) 7 months preggo. I remember thinking that gotta start sometime (and now I am 30 pounds lighter).... You will find your mojo, the time may not be right yet. You have a lot on your plate. Your divorce is fresh, new house and you are trying to find your spot in this world, in so many other levels. Be kind to yourself. Be forgiving. Harsher you are to yourself, more you will fail. -- Both of us are emotional eaters. -- I remember feeling so fat and sad and eating because it did not matter anyways; what's a few more pounds on my horrid body already was my mindset. -- Once I starting being gentle with myself and forgiving (in many levels), I started losing weight.

BettyBooty Congrats on your extra half a mile. Running is the best exercise!

Cattails It is good to surprise your body with different exercises.
How's your mom doing?

Magicsusan Happy Monday to you too!!

Chubby mum A very nice drop a week before! I hear you about the guests!

Wonder where are Heidi and Marlene?

I wish I was there to hug you!

MarleneV
02-25-2014, 12:17 AM
I'm back! This past weekend was my ranch trip, and we knew they didn't have good cell or much Internet service, so I just told everyone I wasn't going to be connected. When we got back on Sunday afternoon, I decided to just not get on then either, because it was nice to have a break.

The ranch we visited also runs a "fitness ranch" at the same facility, so there were healthy options at every meal. I choose some of them, but had a few treats as well. I'm sure we burned a lot of calories, riding, roping, and helping out. I weighed 123.5 the day we left, and 126.0 this am. Some of that was likely the kids hamburger & fries meal I had for lunch on the way home Sunday. I haven't had either of those in such a long time, but it smelled good. Interestingly, it didn't taste as good as it smelled, so I'm not worried about getting back into that habit.

So back to my regular routine this week. I'm interested in seeing if I will get back down to the 123.5, that's the lowest I've been. Like to firm up the belly area more.

Sum38
02-25-2014, 11:04 AM
What a fun get-a-way, Marlene! And congrats seeing a new low! You go girl!

Sum38
02-25-2014, 11:13 AM
I had my physical for my volunteer position; they had to give me a flu shot (my very first ever) and take some blood for a TB test. The blood part was a disaster. They finally succeeded after 3 tries and I am such a baby what comes to bloodwork. I started feeling fainty. I did not enjoy that part of my volunteer process!

I kinda pigged out last night, I OD'ed on coleslaw and turkey sticks :o Strange binge, I know, but that is what I had at the house....Surprisingly my weight stayed the same, makes me wonder if I had not binged, I would have had whoosh?? -- I never made it to the gym :no: I MUST drag my butt over there today and get back into working out. I was so addicted to my workouts before my Colorado trip, and now I feel more lax about them...gotta get back!

I did not log my food either :mad:

So today's goal is to get back on track what comes to logging my food and exercising. Otherwise it could be a slippery slope.... I have come way too far to fail now.

Sum38
02-25-2014, 11:14 AM
I miss Mrs. S! I hope she would pop in with her witty updates.

Zumbachica
02-25-2014, 01:10 PM
Hi everybody...I lost a lb of bloat from yesterday so I feel a bit better, I felt so bloated and uncomfortable the past few days. I'm starting the 21 day fix workouts tomorrow i hope i stick to them. I never follow through with what I start.

I have an eye appt today and then thankfully nowhere to run to tonight so I can stay home....and cook a healthy meal for dinner. I have a new asparagus recipe.....

Cattails
02-25-2014, 04:11 PM
Sum, I think not being able to see yourself objectively is the norm! For me, there were lots of times (and even still now) that I could only see fat. What I do then is look at my clothes sizes - so much smaller! - and reread some of my previous entries in my journal to remind myself of where I started and how far I've come. You've made great progress and your mind will catch up!

And speaking of weight goals, I wanted to say that I picked mine of 128 arbitrarily - it seemed like an attainable number, though one that I hadn't seen in 20 years so I really didn't know if I could ever reach it. But my real goal was to eat and live in a comfortable and sustainable way and let my weight settle out where it would, which for now looks like 116 - who knew? Anyway, I hope you can be as proud of yourself for what you've done as we all are of you and just keep being good to yourself! That goes for everyone here on 3FCs. :)

Thanks for asking about my mom. She is doing okay, relatively speaking. She's over the flu and pneumonia but has some digestive upset that's making it hard for her to maintain or gain weight (and she needs to!) and now has a case of shingles just to add to the fun! Good thing she's such an upbeat lady.

Zumba, hope the 21 day fix keeps helping you feel good!

Marlene, your ranch trip sounds awesome!

Cattails
02-25-2014, 06:15 PM
And guess what? My wonderful DH rebuilt my pretty purple bike so I can ride again! Yay! My poor seat bones are taking a bruising though. LOL I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike...(Queen)

guacamole
02-25-2014, 07:32 PM
Hello, all. It seems that I can never be on plan all around. I've been rocking it at the gym and rehab! I did 65 minutes of treadmill yesterday, 66 minutes of elliptical today, plus arm cycling machine. However, my eating hasn't been good. It's more the kinds of things I'm eating then the amount - but the scale is at an all time high of 168. I can't stand it! I don't know where my mojo has gone in the healthy eating department, but I know from experience that exercise alone won't cut it. The good news is that my leg is getting better each day, and I am really pushing myself to recovery.

Good luck, everyone!

Chubby mum
02-25-2014, 09:03 PM
[B]Magicsusan [B] I started running 2 months after my 4th was born and for FIVE WEEKS there was no real change in the scale. I definitely wasn't overheating and am breastfeeding so I should have been losing weight. Suddenly it started coming off and I've been averaging about a pound a week since.

MarleneV
02-26-2014, 12:41 AM
Hi, all,

The ranch trip was fun. I enjoyed learning how to rope so much that I bought my own rope on the way home. Also stood up on a horse... The ranch owner tried to sell me a horse too, but my husband said he'll just take me back & drop me off for a few days the next time I need a horse fix.

This cm was 125.5, so that's good. Food today mostly good, had Mexican (beef fajita meat with salad) for dinner tonight, so expect to be up a little tomorrow.

HOpe everyone is doing ok.

FatAbbi
02-26-2014, 12:54 AM
Debating taking up running. I hold back because every time I add exercise weightloss stops.

Zumbachica
02-26-2014, 07:17 AM
Cattails: now i have that song in my head...LOL

Well today is my first day of 21 day fix. I am fasting today. Just my shake today...i need a major cleanse after the horrible binge i had last night. it showed up immediately on the scale, crazy how you can gain two lbs but not have had two pounds of food. I am not going to be posting my ticker because it shows that i have a gain and that just isn't good for my head right now.

Going to a new dentist this morning...my old dentist was my husband. Crazy how life turns out...

We were supposed to have snow this morning, i don't see it..but it is very cold and cloudy..it definitely looks like its going to snow. Older son is home sick today :( and I' know he's feeling pretty badly because he never takes off from school......

Exciting thing today is that someone is coming to measure my closet for custom work...woo hoo...finally a place to hang my clothes....and shelves for my shoes and handbags....maybe having my nice clothes out of boxes will be even more incentive to try and fit into them again!!

Day one of 21 Fix....today's workout is a cardio killer.....no zumba today so this works out well....I plan on doing some upper body work too with my dumbbells.

BettyBooty
02-26-2014, 10:23 AM
I am feeling blue today. My 3 year old is getting a reputation as a hitter at his daycare learning center. I'm debating taking him to a child shrink to see if he has anger issues like I do, becuase telling him not to do it and punishing him (going to bed right after dinner, no toys, etc) doesn't seem to be doing any good. I had my breakfast, but am craving a big ol candy bar to cover these bad feelings. But, I know I'd just hate myself later for caving in. BAH!

Zumbachica
02-26-2014, 11:15 AM
Bettybooty....my so was doing that at preschool but he was frustrated bc he couldn't speak like the other kids...he was speech impaired. Putting him in Montessori school helped...it allowed him to play independently how he wanted and when he wanted. I think he just grew out of it...I'm sorry you feel bad.

Zumbachica
02-26-2014, 07:00 PM
Okay so I got through this day low carb and i intend on staying that way....(fingers crossed I get through the rest of this day) I have decided to go back on Atkins since i'm having such a hard time sticking to anything......

Breakfast: coffee
Lunch: garden salad, olive oil and vinegar
Dinner: filet mignon with red wine sauce and mushrooms, baked asparagus.

i want to be 148 by the end of this weekend.

Zumbachica
02-26-2014, 07:02 PM
Debating taking up running. I hold back because every time I add exercise weightloss stops.

Im going to give you my two cents, only because we talked about this when i took my fitness certification test. You will not lose weight for a while when taking on a new exercise routine..this is true. However if you continue to do it you will start to see a loss at around two week mark. its a long time to wait, but it will happen and you will be pleased. Please don't NOT exercise for fear of weight gain, it isn't really a gain but your muscles holding on to glycogen which makes us retain water.:carrot:

MarleneV
02-26-2014, 10:55 PM
126 this am. Not too bad.

B - cream of wheat, 1% milk, cheese stick
S - Magic pop
L - salad w. Egg, Feta & guacamole
S - Orange & cheese stick
D - tilapia, stewed tomatoes, salad w black olives, mixed berries
S - mini Texas Sheet Cake cupcake (had to test before I drop off at church tomorrow), no sugar added ice cream.

should be about 1250 calories total. No exercise, too much work and it's cold & wet outside.

FatAbbi
02-27-2014, 12:20 AM
Been moving 30 minutes a day but thinking of a half marathon in November.

Zumbachica
02-27-2014, 06:30 AM
Lost two lbs from my binge the day before.....I have a long ways to go.

Zumbachica
02-27-2014, 02:19 PM
put in my half hour workout from the 21 day fix....it was a killer cardio workout but i did my best.....made zumba look like a day in the park......im feeling a little run down but i'm sure that is because i haven't had enough carbs yet today, so i'm going to make myself a salad now with tuna fish.

Zumbachica
02-27-2014, 06:14 PM
okay, here's my Atkins day:

Breakfast: eggs and bacon
Lunch: Atkins bar
Mixed greens with olive oil, balsamic and some feta cheese
Filet Mignon with blue cheese

its dinner time and I"m really not hungry....if i get ravenous I may have a shake.

Cattails
02-28-2014, 01:46 AM
Aw, BettyBooty, sorry to hear of the trouble with your son. Good for you for keeping control!

Marlene, your mini Texas Sheet Cake cupcakes sound awesome. :)

Nice job, Abbi - keeping moving is so good in so many ways. A half marathon would be so fun!

Zumba, sounds like you had a good day. :)

Cattails
02-28-2014, 01:50 AM
I smacked my knee against the door frame last night; wow, that hurt! Guess I'll have to take a day or two off from exercise. :(

B: banana, kefir
L: salad with beans
D: 2 beef soft tacos
S: coffee with creamer, lightly buttered popcorn, 1 oz. dark chocolate

Chubby mum
02-28-2014, 05:46 AM
Abbi, I am a huge fan of running. I think it tones you and also makes you respect and appreciate your body more. I do accept that food intake is more important than exercise for weight loss - although you never see fat marathon runners. I can't remember if you're being restrictive with calories or not. Maybe you don't lose initially because the exercise normalises your appetite? That should be offset by an increase in your metabolism.

I'm down a pound - well actually two but I was up a pound last week. I continue to have no idea about my calorie intake but I'm only ever chubby after babies - i do "trust" myself to get it right. I hope that's still the case when I'm back to my normal weight. TOM is here and it's my "rest" day and I am absolutely shattered. Enjoying listening to the rain and not listening to noisy children (they're asleep).

Sum38
02-28-2014, 07:13 AM
It's pretty quiet with the 40-somethings group. So sad to see that many chicks have stopped posting with us :( -- If you lurk, please know that you are missed ;)

I have been sick for the past few days; an ear infection and fever. My fever broke last night and my ear stopped hurting too.

Scale is up by a few pounds. I really don't have appetite, but I have been drinking a lot of crap, like Dr. Pepper last night and loads of Boathouse smoothies. Loads of empty calories.

I was going to see a dr today, but if I feel better, I may skip. I don't want antibiotics, usually these things clear up on their own.

I got a flu shot and I promptly got sick, a connection?? I am anti flu shots, but because I will be volunteering at the hospital, they made me :(

My house looks like a tornado went through it. I have been sick/tired all week; kids actually did empty the dishwasher and reloaded, but only because they were running out of drinking glasses :D -- Si if I feel better today, I need to pick up a bit.

Today is my bestie's bday (my DH). :love: He will be flying in later on this afternoon. We joined a bday club at a local restaurant where you get a free meal on your bday; I think we will be exercising that benefit tonight. They have really great seafood and steaks.

I hope that I can start feeling better soon, that I can get back into my exercise routine. Next week!!!

Zumbachica
02-28-2014, 03:47 PM
SUM i hope you feel better.

CATTAiLS, I hurt my knee last week when I fell on ice...TWICE....not fun. Hope you feel better soon.

Well I am not looking at 150 on my scale anymore thank goodness, thanks to two days of low carb eating. I hope to continue.

Going to meet friends tonight .......tryng to figure out what i can drink that is low in carbs....

love2b150
02-28-2014, 04:17 PM
Sum Good job on the 2lbs loss while out of town :) Wow 117lbs. I'm 5'3 also. I don't ever remember being that small. :) I remember being 128lbs when I got pregnant with my oldest in 1992. Sum love your reply to Zumba :) and we know failure is not in your vocabulary, you've got this and you know it :) Sorry you weren't feeling well and glad to hear you felt better today, Happy Birthday to your Husband :) enjoy dinner :)

Zumba love what you said to Sum about being smaller :) Sorry to hear about your fall :hug: I'm still reading so I hope you are ok :hug: Zumba good job on the pound down and the bloat gone :high: How do you like the shakes? Are they worth the cost? What are the benefits? I know I can read the reviews and I have two friends that sell them but I like to hear from real people not people trying to sell me something ;) thanks :)

Such a wonderful group of caring people here :hug:

Marlene :congrat: on your new low :) I love the sound of your trip :) I plan to take the kids to a cousins house when the weather breaks to ride, they've asked me about it since we went for Christmas :) No animal cookies? it's been awhile maybe I missed you giving them up. I was looking for the ones in the red bag at dollar tree that were fat free but they don't sell them anymore and the others I can stop eating so none for me :)

Cattails again with the kind words to Sum :) this group rocks :) The picture of you in your avatar ... do you weigh 116? I am really curious to see what one hundred something teen would look like on us. My daughter is 5'5 and weights 120. She's really small and shapely but I don't know that I would look good at her/your weight (if I ever get there :D) Sorry to hear about your Mom, hope she is all better soon :hug: LOL on the seat bones :) Hope your knee is ok :hug:

Guac glad your leg is getting better, sorry about the eating part. :hug: I had the same problem and decided that I have to totally eliminate some things where food is concerned because I allow them to control me and that's not good.

Hi Michelle, Heidi, and everyone else :wave:

I have had an experimental month. I only loss 2.2lbs but it's better than a gain. I was hoping to be at 165 by today. :) I did get back to my low this go around of 166.2 <--- the second time I've seen this number this week :) so I'm happy

Have a great weekend and I hope

love2b150
02-28-2014, 04:23 PM
Zumba nice weigh in and tonic and lime ;) Enjoy :)

soon2beskinnyCarma
02-28-2014, 04:51 PM
Sheesh I stay off the 40somethings for 2 weeks and you start a challenge. Jumping in late but I will shoot for 205 by St Patricks.

Marlene: what animal crackers brand do you buy? I bought some at a dmv vending machine and it was 220 calories for 16 crackers. They were yummy though.

Rennie: congrats on the 166.2.

Bettybooty: love the name. My daughter was a biter because of speech issues. It is frustrating when you have kids acting out. Hang in there.

Abbi: your thighs will thank you for running. The c25k program is good because it starts off with small amounts of running.

Chubby mum: It's nice when it's a peaceful house from them sleeping isn't?

I will catch up with the rest of the personnels when I get back from the store. Dd has been home with stomach flu and now the husband is home so I can go out.

love2b150
02-28-2014, 04:55 PM
Carma good to see you, hope your son feels better soon :hug:

Sum38
02-28-2014, 05:43 PM
Last day of lazing about and eating what ever I want. Dinner will be prime rib and bakes loaded potatoes and a yummy salad and side veggies cooked in butter :)

MarleneV
02-28-2014, 08:52 PM
Hi all,

Haven't seen that low again.. 126.5 this am, likely because we ate dinner at Taco Cabana last night. Yesterday calories was about 1375.

The animal crackers are Stauffer's, they are fat-free and do come in a red bag. Here we can get 11oz bags at our local grocery store chain (HEB), and at Wal-mart in a 2 lb bag for $2.48. 8 of them (half a serving) is 60 calories, so 16 would be 120 calories. Rennie, I think I just didn't have any that day.

Today food:
B - balance protein bar, coffee with cream
L - salad with chicken, few tortilla chips, orange
S- orange, slice of cheese, 1 cup popcorn
D- salad, steak, guacamole, salsa, black olives, animal crackers, blackberries
S- I will have no sugar added ice cream if I'm hungry later.
That will put me at 1300 calories for the day.

love2b150
02-28-2014, 09:33 PM
Sum your dinner sounds yummy :drool:

Thanks for the brand name Marlene, I couldn't remember for the life of me. I do believe I've seen them at Walmart but always new I could get them at Dollar Tree for less but not anymore. :(

busymamabreda
03-01-2014, 03:29 AM
Hey I'm new here and IM REALLY IRISH. Lol can i say though that we NEVER say top o the mornin to ya. That's only in darby o gill leprechaun land. Ok so what's this paddys day challenge then and can i play???����

Magicsusan
03-01-2014, 06:40 AM
Goodness! Yes, it is kind of quiet... I keep wondering where Nebraskamom went...

Sorry to hear about your ear infection, Sum. That's a real energy sapper and I hope you get better soon! Hope your DH's BD was fab!

Busymamabreda, welcome- I lived in Ireland for a year (I'm american by birth) and had a big lol at how different it all was from the stereotypes. Anyway, there is no specific challenge, people set their own challenges, and then use the thread for support/accountability. For example, My own mini challenge at the mo is to be <100k by the end of March when I go on holiday, and to keep doing my weights/c25k consistently.

Abbi, I'm with chubbymum on the running: I'm so glad I started. It's tiring right afterward, but on the other hand it's given me way more energy on the whole. I think food and exercise might be equally important, though... anyway, about the weight gain/lack of loss, I read that when you first take up running, the muscles hog water for a while to help feed the new muscles... Could be...

Cattails, those evil doorjambs will lurk lurk lurk and then pounce! I hope your knee is already better in time to enjoy your weekend!

Zumba, hope you had a good time!

Rennie, Carma, Marlene, hello to you all- have a great weekend.

I'm taking a weekend off from running but will be out walking in the forest. Hope my new avatar didn't confuse anyone; I wanted to change it for my 1 year 3fcversary, but had to wait till the weather cooperated to get up to the forest and snap a pic of my new running shoes, lol.

Cattails
03-01-2014, 07:18 AM
Sum, ouch on the ear infection; glad to hear it's on the mend.

Hi Rennie! 2.2 lbs. loss is fantastic, nice going! You're going to see your next mini goal any moment now. I am holding at 116; I've got a small frame so it's really where I'm supposed to be, I think. I'll try to get a better picture (I am NOT photogenic at all!) soon, just for you. :)

Carma, here's hoping you stay healthy!

Darn it, Marlene, I'm going to have to look for those animal crackers - you've got me wanting them now!

Welcome, busymamabreda, and thank you for lending some authenticity to our St. Patrick's challenge! My own personal challenge here is to simply stay under 120; make yours whatever you choose.

Susan, I love your new avatar! Noticed it right away. :) Beautiful forest you've got there.

Zumba, ouch to falling on ice - and twice! - that's far worse than the evil lurking doorjamb. :) Sounds like low-carbing it is working well for you, yay!

My knee feels much better, thank goodness. I think tomorrow I'll get back to doing some workouts again. It's pouring down rain this weekend here, a good thing in our land of severe drought, though at this rate we may float away soon. Hope everyone has a terrific weekend and welcome to March!

Sum38
03-01-2014, 08:08 AM
busymamabreda Welocme!! As Cattails said, make your own challenge; mine is to get to 135, which I highly doubt since this morning's weigh in was 141, but that was after a huge prime rib dinner ;)

Sum38
03-01-2014, 08:45 AM
Last night we had a very nice dinner at a local restaurant. Scale is up by 0.8 pounds; I was expecting a much higher jump. -- I do not like this trend though, I am 3 pounds higher than I was after my vacation. So back to low carbing.

I am hoping to be healthy enough to start going to the gym starting Sunday.

Ear is still bugging me and now it is back to being clogged, ugh.

I think I will have a very low calorie day today. Loads of fruits and veggies. I want to see that 13x.x again and very soon!

love2b150
03-01-2014, 09:25 AM
busymamabreda, :wel3fc: and to the thread :) My goals are to get down to 162 by 3/15; down to 158 by 4/1; 156 by 4/14 my birthday :celebrate:

Susan Happy 3FCvercary :) cute avatar, creative and appropriate :)

Thank you Cattails :hug: I think you look great in your avatar. :) I'm not photogenic either. My daughter took some picture of me and had she not edited them I would have looked terrible (my opinion) not hers. I am really starting to see my age in face and it is bothering me. I'd like to change my avatar. Those animal crackers are good and don't make you crave :) and my kids don't like them. They say they aren't sweet :D Glad your knee feels better :hug: I heard about the rain you all were going to get out there, stay safe :hug:

Sum sorry about the up, but the good thing is that you don't/never allow it to derail you and you get back on the horse :hug: as I always say and you know that you do ... "You've GOT THIS". Hope you ear gets better soon :hug:

I got up 165.6 ... I am .6 away from my low on 9/24/2010 ... I can't tell you how excited I am. I have not seen a number on a scale that I have stepped on lower than 165.0 so this is like a shout inside my body. I wanted to kiss the scale ... hope I don't mess it up

Have a great day everyone and to those that don't feel well or have bumps and bruises praying for your full recovery :hug:

Sum38
03-01-2014, 02:35 PM
That is awesome Rennie!! Almost closer to your 150's than 170's!

I think I am doing a fast day; not by choice. -- It is 2:30 and I haven't had any time to eat yet. -- We bought my husband a new car and we closed on it this morning, bank stuff was quick but secretary of state took forever; then we had to drive all the way to the airport to return his rental car. By the time got home, it was way past 2 pm, too late to have lunch, so I will fast till dinner. I am not hungry anyways, I think my prime rib is just sitting in my tummy :D

I think I will make some salmon for dinner with lots of veggies and a big salad. The rest of the family will enjoy some rice as well.

Zumbachica
03-01-2014, 02:38 PM
LOVE2b Its so nice to see you excited about your low number...way to go! I never saw low fat animal crackers, I am sure the carb count is through the roof. we have dollar Tree store here also, I love that store...

SUM You know exactly what to do!! Back to the low carbing and the gym. Hope that ear goes back to normal soon. Do you think the altitude in colorado had something to do with that?

CATTAILS Happy march girlfriend!

MAGICSUSAN Walking in the forest and being close to nature is really cool . I did that when I went camping in October. It was an amazing workout because i had to walk up and down hilly paths and also avoid roots and rocks soI wouldn't fall.

BUSYMAMABREDA wELCOME.so nice to have you here. I have a lot of Irish friends and totally love their culture...and yes, I never heard a real irish morning say Top of the morning....but they do have other funny great to say, unfortunately they say a lot of them in gaelic which I don't understand....Welcome to our challenge.

Marlene Im going to look for those crackers next tine I"m at walmart

CARMA Nice to see you again!!! We noticed you were gone a while, nice to see you back...hope your daughter feels better soon.

Zumbachica
03-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Happy March everyone...We have 17 days left to this challenge!!!! There is so much we can accomplish in 17 days!!!!

I had a great date last night but went out for japanese food, which wasn't a goo idea because the low carb options are slim.....but managed to have sashimi without any rice, and teriyaki chicken, salad and miso soup. Luckily I did not have a gain this morning....met friends after that and had two vodka tonics....not sure what would have been a better carb choice. All in all I feel like I had fun...but i'm ready to continue on being serious. Low carb all the way for me, two new atkins books came in the mail today so I'm psyched!!

Taught a zumba gold class today.....some of the students were in wheelchairs...this really warms my heart. Here are these people with limited abilities going through so much to get to the studio and workout the best that they can...Wow....makes me feel guilty for being so lazy.

I had two days so far of the 21 day fix..they aren't easy DVDs but they seem way easier than P90x. Not sure how familiar you ladies are with beach body workouts but they are a good way to work out without leaving the house. ...Since a lot of us have been snowed in this winter and theres more snow on the way this is a good way for us to feel like we have the gym experience without leaving the gym. I'll be doing my third day of the fix today, which is Lower Fix.

We are expecting more snow tomorrow night and its supposed to be a doozie...so I went food shopping today to stock the house up with good low carb choices.

I hope you all have a wonderful day today and an amazing weekend. I'm feeling much better about things....I remind myself that all I can do is try my best to be and feel healthy again. Im a fitness instructor that can't do push ups anymore....something about that isn't right.

Apple Blossom
03-01-2014, 04:00 PM
Still here.:dizzy: I've been rowing and running fairly consistently (although maybe 1 more run a week would be helpful) The problem is that I am still eating crap. I need to have "something snap" like Sum mentioned a few days back. I'm pretty convinced that once I get 5 or so pounds off it will inspire me to keep going. Had an oh-crap moment the other day, I was taking my son to batting practice and we have to walk through a gym to get to the cages. There was a mirrored wall by the door and I did not recognize myself in it. Who is that old fat person? Oh crap. It's me. :(Its similar to what you guys were discussing about still feeling fat after losing some weight. I don't feel as fat as I look, so when I see a picture of myself, or an unexpected reflection, it hits home. Grrr. I don't know how to get myself to stick to an eating plan. i wish I could afford one of those fancy weight loss spas, sign me up for a month or so.
Well, I hope everyone is having a great week-end!

Zumbachica
03-01-2014, 07:41 PM
HI apple blossom, I have had moments like that also...absolutely awful to realize we do not look like we think we do....for me it was walking past a store and seeing my reflection in the window......i looked frumpy and worn out..and big....maybe we need to feel that yucky moment for incentive...

love2b150
03-01-2014, 08:30 PM
Thanks Sum :) Congratulations on the new car, so exciting :) I made salmon cakes for dinner. (canned salmon, bread crumbs, egg, mayo, green pepper, onion and old bay) and I broil them. Really good. :drool:

Thanks Zumba :) it's funny when you go to Dollar Tree you intend to buy a few things and come out with a cart full (or maybe that's just me) :D, I don't remember the carb count but when I get them I'll let you know. I use to eat then as a quick snack. They remind me of an air cookie if that makes sense. It's sorta like a hollow little cookie and the fact that I have 16 makes me feel like I have a lot ;) like a kid, huh :) Glad to hear you had a good time and no game ... way to go :high:

Apple Blossom, nice to meet you :) I've had moments here lately where my husband has even looked at me and said WOW, and my daughter mentioned something about being able to see my shape ... their comments make me smile but I don't see what they see. I still see that chunky woman with the rolls no matter what I do. I don't know it will take for me to like what I see, maybe the next decade will be different. Sum and Cattails I have a feeling that I will be like you (if I ever get there) and think that the 130's is not low enough, :shrug: Zumba it is definitely an incentive to keep going :)

Well it's the first of the month and I went to the gym. I went on February 1st also and didn't go back until the 26th (that's why I only loss 2.2lbs) Hoping I can do better with my goals this month :)

love2b150
03-01-2014, 08:41 PM
That is awesome Rennie!! Almost closer to your 150's than 170's!

Thanks Sum, I never thought about it that way :)

MarleneV
03-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Carb count for 8 of the animal crackers is 12.5. They are not sweet, Rennie's kids are right there. And they don't cause cravings for me, in fact, I think they help prevent them some.

B- breakfast taco, coffee w/cream
L- salad, chicken, animal crackers, orange, few grapes
S- cheese stick. 1 cup popcorn
D- salad, chicken, guacamole, black olives, feta, blackberries, animal crackers
S- no sugar added ice cream
Went for a walk

Total calories in -aprox 1250

love2b150
03-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Marlene, they don't make me crave either ... they satisfy any sweet craving with ease and I don't feel guilty :) Marlene what's in your breakfast taco? Thanks

MarleneV
03-02-2014, 12:14 AM
Marlene what's in your breakfast taco? Thanks

1 scrambled egg, 1 slice of bacon, a sprinkle of cheese, salsa, and a flour tortilla. Standard fare for here in Texas. It is about 250 calories, but one is enough and I don't have it every day. Just when I can get away from the house early enough and yet afford to be a little late for Saturday work, because I meet up with some people from a car club I belong to. The danger is that I hate to leave to go to the office!

Magicsusan
03-02-2014, 12:56 AM
Lol, you're right about that, Zumba; I started by running a figure eight inside my house and made it to week two of c25k. Then started over with week 1 out of doors- week 1 outside was much harder than week 2 inside!

Sounds like you're on top of things and ahead of the storm :D I'm a bit of a wimp and would rather go running and play with my dumbbells than do one of those grueling workouts, at least for the moment... Have a great Sunday!

Magicsusan
03-02-2014, 01:12 AM
Appleblossom, hang in there; I had a lot of those horror-reflection moments. It took several months till I could catch my reflection and not be embarrassed by my size. As far as the eating crap is concerned, I had to fill my house with healthy snacks that I love that are also convenient- if it's still easier to grab a snickers than an orange, it's hard... Good luck!

Rennie, don't know what the weather is like where you are, but I always have an easier time commiting to regular exercise in the Spring- I love to be outside if it's warm enough, and long walks also keep me away from the fridge and I find it much easier to maintain a healthy attitude. :hug:

Weather should be a little better today, soI will walk up the biiiig hill behind my house and see if I can see the alps.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, everyone!

love2b150
03-02-2014, 09:16 AM
Marlene sounds very good. I do have some low carb tortillas. I'll have to add it up and maybe that will be lunch today ;)

Stomach? after eating it :) ---> The danger is that I hate to leave to go to the office!

Susan I so wish I could find some place to walk outside here. I tried walking twice around here but the I don't know what you call them people around here and their lose dogs drive me nuts so I just wait until I can make it to the gym. I use to walk a track daily when we lived in Virginia. I haven't found one here close enough to walk on that I trust ;) I'm an overly cautious person or just plain paranoid, either way I dream of going back to Virginia :) It's cold here now. And walking does keep me away from temptation also ;)

I have hit my low ... I weighed in at 165 :woohoo: When I did this in 2010 I went back up the next day and the next day and the next day but I am on a mission this time to see the 150's and make my user name a reality this year :crossed: A nice 3lb whoosh would be great ;)

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-02-2014, 09:43 AM
So my TOM started on valentines day I did a hop up on the scale then despite being good or bad I fluctuated between 208-210. Then exactly 15 days later scale whoosh to 206.8 then today 205.8 so frustrating. Now I am going to work as hard as I can to get as much off for the next 2 weeks. At least tracking everyday helped me figure out this pattern.
I have started the process of getting on a 16 week program with a personnel trainor who will oversee my exercise and diet for that time. It will be 425 dollars but hopefully it will get me into the weightlifting/exercise routine. I think at this point in the game I need some guidance.
My daughter is all better and other than having stomach pains I avoided it.

Apple blossom: hang in there. For years I waited for that aha moment it finally came. You exercising is really important. Start slowly by adding in more servings of whole grains and fruits and vegetables.

Zumba: I get what you mean about Zumba gold. It is inspirational seeing people who struggle getting out there no matter what. It reminds you of what dedication really means.

Marlene: thanks for the tip on the animal crackers. I will have to pick some up. Your breakfast taco made me think about el monterey's breakfast burrito's. Now I wonder if there is a online recipe for them. That way I could use lower calorie wraps and individualize the kids tastes too.

Susan: enjoy the alps.

Rennie: sending you gym willpower.

Sum: what kind of car did you get?

Hi to everyone else. Happy Sunday!

Sum38
03-02-2014, 09:50 AM
Zumba, my ear has been a bugger. I have chronic eczema in my ears, sometimes it gets better but when it flares up bad I usually get an ear infection. I am making an appointment with an ENT and hopefully I can get these ears cured for good.
I am glad that you have gotten your groove back. That 140 will get here soon!!!

Rennie :woohoo: on your 165. 150's; here we come! What's your goal? 136 like you have it at MFP?

Susan I can only imagine your view. We get excited over garbage dumps :) Michigan is soooo flat. We do have pretty lakes though. And up north is really pretty.

Marlene Another spot on day for you. You are so disciplined. Your bfast taco sounds yummy.

Apple Sending you positive thoughts. I hope you'll find your mojo!! 5 pounds would help you, I am sure. -- I had one of those moments at the hair dressers, I could not believe how big my mid section was when I was sitting in that chair. -- I had known that I was big, but that big!!! I was really ashamed.

Cat I hope your knee feels better!

Carma I have seen your posted steps at the exercise thread, that is impressive! I have been lax what comes to my fitbit. I hope my ear will feel better that i can get back to my walking. The woods are icy though, spring can not get here fast enough.

Okay that is as far as I can see. If I missed anyone :wave: to you!!

Sum38
03-02-2014, 10:13 AM
My ear is making me tired. I will definitely make an appointment with a doctor. I need to get these ears healed. I have nasty eczema in both ears that have been present for years. They get infected every so often. My dermatologist gave me something that "healed" them as long as I used the drops, but I would hate to use steroid drops every day. I hope that an ENT will have a solution for me.

I did not wake up on time for my aerobic class, nor do I think I could have done all the bouncing anyways. My balance is off too.

Today we are teaching how our DD how to file her taxes. A very valuable lesson. She worked all year at minimum wage, she will be getting a few dollars back which she is excited over.

We got more snow, ugh. Tired of that white stuff. I remember one week in March that we had 70 degree weather, dreaming of that week. I wish I was going somewhere warm. -- Colorado was nice; it was sunny almost everyday :)

I will probably try to get back to my exercises this week. Monday will be out because I will be at the FCA all day, but on Tuesday I will be lifting, swimming and walking once again! -- I'm sure my condition has deteriorated; both strength and aerobic. I have not done anything in three weeks....ugh. Hate to start from scratch :( :(

I think I will walk the pups today, get some movement under my belt. She is bored to tears because she did only got walked once this week. I feel bad for her. Luckily she is old (9) that she is not as hyper as she once was.

Husband is happy with his new car :) It was a very nice birthday gift for him. We bought him a VW Jetta, diesel. Surprising it has a lot of pep in it. And it gets awesome gas mileage. He drives 400-500 miles per week to Cleveland. That 40-50 mpg will be a nice perk. -- I feel bad for my FIL. He was a head designer for an American car company; and 3/4 of his kids are driving foreign cars. I absolutely love my Mini, the design and how it handles. The Jetta looks nice outside but kinda basic inside, American counterparts look better inside. But how it handles and drives, we liked it better than the American cars. -- In Michigan it is frown upon to have foreign made cars. Well we still have a Ford and a Caddie as well :)

Back to challenge business. I ate well yesterday. Low carb/slow carb. My weight came down 0.6 pounds. I am hoping to drop a pound today. I want to get back to my 130's. -- I think my ear infection is making me feel bloated....is that possible??

Okee, time to start my day. Have a beautiful Sunday my friends :grouphug:

Sum38
03-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Half way through this challenge and I am up :mad: I know I had a vacation and I have been sick, BUT I hate when I don't make any progress. So I vow to do better. First I need to get back to this challenge beginning weight, which was 140 pounds...then I need to work on dropping at least 3 pounds before this challenge ends! Failure is not an option. -- I may not meet the goal, but I can see how low can I go. Oh, how I miss those 4 pounds per week drops, I could use one now :)

love2b150
03-02-2014, 01:21 PM
Thanks Carma :) glad to hear your daughter is better :hug: sorry about your stomach. I would like to go back to Curves. I did really well while there getting things toned and in shape. I may look into it when I start working again if it's not too expensive :)

Thanks Sum :) ... right now 132 :) ... when I get there I guess I'll know but it feels good to even see this number whether I like the look or not :) My current goal is to get under 165 by the end of the week and I do think it is doable if I continually talk myself out of things I know I shouldn't have :crossed: I hope you get some relief with your ears, wow ... can you swim with them bothering you? Feel better :hug: Sum we know you and you WILL do this :high:

Some information from CDC site

Height: 5 feet, 3 inches
Weight: 165 pounds

Your BMI is 29.2, indicating your weight is in the Overweight category for adults of your height.

For your height, a normal weight range would be from 104 to (141??) pounds.

... and when I type in 141 it still says overweight, it doesn't say normal until 140 so I have 25 pounds to lose ... this is not encouraging at all because that number seems like it is forever away :(

Zumbachica
03-02-2014, 01:44 PM
Hey all, going to make this quick since i've been wasting time all morning and didn't get any real chores done. We are waiting for another storm, it is only going to be 3-6 inches so I'm curious how this effects my day tomorrow. I'm in a panic because i'm filing taxes for the first time on my own....so much paperwork to gather.

I'm doing the atkins thing and actually feel like i'm in ketosis now.....but i wonder when i'll see a drop in the scale. My body is sore from the 21 day fix workouts, which means they are doing something to wake up my muscles that i am using way differently than i do in Zumba....

Two zumba books came in the mail so I am going to make a fire and start reading later on...first some chores ......I'm wondering if my first day of title school is going to be cancelled tomorrow evening due to the weather.

Sum38
03-02-2014, 05:17 PM
I finally dragged myself for a walk and now I am ready to back to my exercising :yay:

I obviously can not drop weight with diet only. Ever since I stopped exercising, I have stalled out, and to be honest my eating has not been horrible. So the only way for me to shed some pounds is to keep my walk/weight lifting/swimming/aerobic routine. -- I hope once I reach my goal weight that I can maintain without this grueling workout schedule! Kinda scares me. It would be nice to be able to get to a point where I walked my pup daily and lifted weights 3 times per week and be able to maintain my weigh...wonder if that will be possible?

love2b150
03-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Zumba sorry about the soreness but you are obviously working it out so your reward should be great :)

Sum good for you on the walk :) I wish my lazy self had done that earlier :) I sure hope that when you get to maintenance you won't have to workout as hard ... maybe go to the maintainers threads and read around or ask. :)

Sum38
03-02-2014, 05:39 PM
The maintainers scare me :eek: (Not in all seriousness :D) But, I look upto them so much.

love2b150
03-02-2014, 05:49 PM
Sum you're so close (I can't wait to say that :)) you'll be there soon so you might as well go snoop around, :lol:

Zumbachica
03-02-2014, 07:34 PM
okay i pulled in around 1500 calories today, it should be 1300 but my carbs are ultra low so I'm pleased. Felt that Atkins flu in the afternoon, but had some sodium and i'm feeling much better. It was good to have a day home and i'm bracing myself for a CRAZY WEEK.

Zumbachica
03-02-2014, 07:37 PM
love2b: you asked me about the shake ology shakes? don't waste your money. They aren't magical and they are expensive. I know my coach would feel differently. I got them because they came with the 21 fat fix but i'm not even making them yet because they aren't low in carbs. If you really want to start with shakes then go to GNC they have a great low carb shake that tastes pretty good. The best shake is one with natural ingredients and that tastes good. I personally can't substitute a meal with a shake...because I still feel hungry afterwards. I hope this helped....:)

love2b150
03-02-2014, 07:55 PM
Zumba good job on the low carbs it should definitely work in your favor to combat the extra calories, way to go :high: Thanks on the shakes, I do appreciate it :)

The boys are making fries and we know how much I love fries. :drool: I usually eat a few but I will pass this go around to keep that scale moving :)

Cattails
03-02-2014, 08:31 PM
Apple Blossom, running and rowing regularly? You sound to me like a strong and active 40-something!

Woo-hoo, Rennie, I knew you'd get there! That's awesome!!

Nice going, Zumba, glad that you're finding your groove. :)

Sum, I'm sorry about your ear troubles, hope that you can find some permanent relief for that condition. About the maintaining, you'll find your own balance. I too worried that I'd have to keep ramping up my exercise and cutting back on calories to maintain but that just isn't so. I exercise for two reasons: to keep my metabolism humming and to try to be as strong as I can be. Some weeks I go at it hard and then I go for a couple months just using a light resistance band and stability ball exercises. The important thing I think is to keep moving in some way. By the way, the maintainers kind of intimidate me too! Maybe once I've maintained for, I don't know, 7 or 8 years, I'll feel worthy of joining their thread. :D

love2b150
03-02-2014, 08:48 PM
Thanks Cattails :) Maintaining for 8 months is great :)

MarleneV
03-02-2014, 11:21 PM
Rennie, The reason I hate to leave the breakfast is because I have to go to work. I'd rather stay longer with everyone & hang out. Using a low carb tortilla would be good, and cut some calories too, but since I'm eating this one at a restaurant...

Sum, thanks. I think the discipline comes from the natural accounting tendency to follow rules. That is, once I knew the rules to follow that would work for me... Sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather.

Zumba congrats on the good day.

Carma (and anyone else interested in breakfast tacos), they are really pretty simple to make. Scramble up the eggs, make whatever meat you want with it, and heat up the tortillas. Put everything in the tortilla, sprinkle on some cheese and add salsa to taste. Other options could be potato or beans. Although, I rarely make them at home because so many places here offer them, and they are cheap. Its more common here for someone to bring a bag to the office in the morning instead of a box of donuts (and so much more healthy). My breakfast Saturday was $3 plus tax, I gave the waitress $5 and told her to keep the change.

MarleneV
03-02-2014, 11:39 PM
Cattails, I just noticed that we hit goal at about the same date. That's cool! I'm with you on maintaining... simply because I've been here before and then gained it all back, which I intend to not do ever again.

this am was 125.0

B - breakfast protein bar
L - salad with chicken, egg, guacamole, salsa, orange, animal crackers
S - cheese stick, chocolate chip cookie
D - salad with chicken, egg, guacamole, black olives, salsa, orange, animal crackers
S - magic pop

Yes, dinner was basically the same as lunch. I went to our evening church service and wasn't feeling particularly ambitious or creative when I got home, and everything was there and ready.

What I'm not doing very well with is the exercise. It was nice yesterday to walk, but our weather today did a 180 turn, and was wet & cold so no walk today. I haven't done 30DS since before we went on our ranch trip. I need to get this turned around. Our church is doing a program for Lent that includes physical fitness with the spiritual and mental aspects, and having a fun 5K the Saturday before Easter. It kicks off this Wednesday, and they are going to have a FaceBook page for it. I'm trying to get motivated to participate. This time of the year is so hard with work demands, and the fact that I'm tired of my job now too doesn't help.

Sum38
03-03-2014, 06:24 AM
I'm craving for coffee this morning. I should prolly get some decaf coffee for the mornings like this. It is sooo cold outside, -5F, brrr.

I had a nice OP day yesterday. Totally low carb. Scale dipped below 140, not by much, but still....

I am a little bummed out that I have to volunteer at the FCA today, I feel like that I am getting my exercise mojo back. Funny how quickly one can lose it, a few days off and vacation and poof it is gone. Anyhow, I have a full day ahead of me and I am usually way too tired to drag myself to the gym at night. I must say, working moms rock. I don't know how they work, feed the family and workout :dunno: -- I guess if I had to work, I would workout in the mornings because I am an early raiser.

My full time job is to lose weight. With all the exercise I was doing it felt like a full time job too. :D Since I only volunteer 2-3 days per week, I have all this time to dedicate on myself, I have no excuse for being fat (or have a messy house :lol:).

I started following what is called Slow Carb Diet. Rennie does it as well. I Googled it, but I should really get the book. It allows one day per week to eat what ever :drool: -- I followed something similar years back, when I lost 30 pounds...I called the splurge days as my "fat days". I ate strict 6 days per week and one day I splurged. -- I won't go crazy with my splurge days, but I will have sushi or other no-no foods. It will give me an opportunity to eat out without feeling guilty.

I noticed that I can not follow SBD because of all the fake sugars involved and low fat products. I barely eat sugar, but I am not willing to do low fat and low carb at the same time. I guess I don't need to worry about the full fat dairy. Because slow carb diet says no to dairy products.

My day yesterday was a low calorie day, I simply was not that hungry;

Meals
B - Hardboiled egg, tea
L - Spinach salad w/grilled chicken, veggies, sprinkle of feta cheese and vinaigrette dressing
D - Salmon and broccoli
S - None

Exercise
3.3 mile walk/hike through snow

Weight this morning; 139.8

Sum38
03-03-2014, 07:19 AM
Zumba Good luck today, first day of school is always exciting!

love2b150
03-03-2014, 07:39 AM
Thanks Marlene now I understand:) and I was thinking I may give it a shot with the low carb tortilla not telling you to do it :) I'm cooking bacon in the oven as I type. I'm gonna have a bacon, egg and cheese omelette :) You made the waitresses morning I'm sure, what a great way to start her day :)
I like this ---> Our church is doing a program for Lent that includes physical fitness with the spiritual and mental aspects, and having a fun 5K the Saturday before Easter. It kicks off this Wednesday, sounds like what our church does at the beginning of the year. I'm sure you'll get motivated, work and all and see that all time low :)

Sum I wanted coffee this morning and I made me a travel cup :) added some soy and s/f caramel :) Gosh it's cold up there :brr: I just got a call from the school ... 3 hour early dismissal due to ice and freezing rain coming. Sum :yay: to dips on the scale :high: I got the book from the library and just keep renewing it as long as no one else request it :)

My calories were low yesterday thanks to some ridiculous snacking I decided to drink tea for dinner since I wasn't hungry anyway ... I think that's what is also referred to as intuitive eating, right? Today's calories are already on MFP and though not where they should be I have full meals planned, I may add a snack, idk. I am down .2 this morning to 164.8 a number I have never seen before :)

Zumbachica
03-03-2014, 08:21 AM
Happy Monday everyone! Well no change in the scale really so I'm wondering what i am doing wrong. I think my calories are still too high even though my carbs are low. Atkins book is kind of specific about how many ounces of protein to have but I kind of do my own thing which I did last time also and it worked. I'm kind of annoyed right now, but i'll keep keeping' on.

An hour and a half of zumba and then i'm home to work out with my 21 day fix. I fell behind the group with my workouts because yesterday i just didn't feel good. I t hunk it was that atkins flu everyone talks about. I have to try and catch up now. I'm really nervous about class tonight.....Mama is way too old to be going to school. Going to hurry up and make some breakfast.....:)

Cattails
03-03-2014, 02:06 PM
Marlene, my goal-sister! :D Oo, a 5k sounds fun! Don't think about it, just do it, you'll have a blast. Great stress relief, too.

Rennie, you are amazing! :congrat: to an all-time low, and with fries lurking in the house! ;)

Zumba, you are doing everything right, just keep at it. Those cardio workouts are challenging you in new ways and your body's just holding onto some water, that's all. Good luck with class tonight.

I am so excited; my DH has decided to take up SB again! He did it with me for a while back in 2012 when my whole turnaround started, and he lost about 30 lbs. and then just fizzled out, went back to his sausage and carb eating ways, put the weight back on. I think a cardiology appt. coming up has put a new fire under him, but I'm going with it! I've been so deep in phase 3 for so long that I need a refresher course in the first two again. LOL The slow-carb diet sounds intriguing, I may have to check that out for him. Like you said, Sum, we're not really happy doing fake sugars either.

love2b150
03-03-2014, 02:31 PM
Zumba I think you'll be fine in every aspect of your life. Things are coming together and you are doing what needs to be done to make things happen :) GO YOU :cheer:

Thanks Cattails :) My son actually messed up on the fries. He didn't cook them long enough and his siblings let him know it ;) He said he was never cooking them again, lol. Yay for your husband on doing SB :) I wish I had one person in here to share my journey with. My son started but then fizzled out also (a few times) :)

Zumbachica
03-03-2014, 06:52 PM
Love2b: thanks girl!!! I really feel like things are going full circle now...its hard though....

CATTAILS.. that is wonderful news about your DH!!!!!!!!!!:carrot: Unity is POWER...

SUM i know what you mean about SBD and the low fat/low carb thing...I give people credit, i was starving on that diet....so i have to either do low fat or low carb, i can't do both. I'm curious about this slow carb diet, all i need is to buy another diet book.....:dizzy:

Zumbachica
03-03-2014, 06:56 PM
well i was all dressed and ready to head out the door to class when I looked online and saw that they had changed the dates of the class...without letting anyone know!!!! What the hay!!!!!!! So annoying. I had my zumba class covered tonight because I wouldn't be there, which means I lost a nights pay! My friend also wasn't aware, she was already on her way to the school when i told her.

I tried sticking to atkins today, had a few sweet potato and flax chips which was a total No no..but even with that my net carbs were around 25. Calories are definitely lower than yesterday..so I'm really hoping I will see some kind of drop in the scale tomorrow....fingers are crossed......

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-03-2014, 09:57 PM
205.6 on the scale this am. Hoping to see 204.? in the am. Stuck to my calories and rather than eat my stress away after DH basically told me to mind my own business and let him progress his exercise how he wants to. Old me would have eaten the sleeve of GS cookies that are now in my house. New me opted to freeze my but off on a walk while listening to relaxing music.
Going to bed now. Will do personals tomorrow.

MarleneV
03-03-2014, 11:52 PM
Hi all,

I'm tired this evening, so going to get off to bed. worked from home today, and into the evening. Tomorrow starts off here at home, the weather is supposed to be bad, ice. School is on 2 hour delay. I'd rather just work from home all day, but we are supposed to have a partner lunch. I'd rather say that we'll do that on Wednesday and go to the office that day (which we normally work from home on), or move to next week.

calories were about 1275 for the day. I feel like I want to eat something else, but I think I'm not really hungry, just wanting to eat. So, I am just going to head off to bed.

oh, and no exercise again today. Talked to my college girl this evening instead.

Zumbachica
03-04-2014, 06:51 AM
205.6 on the scale this am. Hoping to see 204.? in the am. Stuck to my calories and rather than eat my stress away after DH basically told me to mind my own business and let him progress his exercise how he wants to. Old me would have eaten the sleeve of GS cookies that are now in my house. New me opted to freeze my but off on a walk while listening to relaxing music.
Going to bed now. Will do personals tomorrow.

As an emotional eater myself I find that to be a great accomplishment..you took that walk instead of eating the cookies, and you did yourself the greatest justice. Learn to let things slide ..... I know it isn't easy.

Zumbachica
03-04-2014, 07:17 AM
still at 150 this morning. I am beyond annoyed. I know that I am PMS but still....my body just won't let go of ONE lousy pound......

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-04-2014, 08:53 AM
Well the skipping cookies and going for a walk was a good move. 205.2 this am. I think it would have been lower than that if I weighed in on more than 5 hrs of sleep. DD called to us from the bathroom that she has now started in on the downs. Totally weird how Friday she was miserable with the ups, high fever and sluggish. Saturday she was back to herself no fever. She woke up yesterday morning and said she didn't feel well due to a headache. My husband sent her to school anyway. She was fine all day at school and then this morning 0345 "Momma"
There was apparently 6 kids out of her class with stomach bug. Makes me wonder if the same 6 kids will be absent today.

Sum38
03-04-2014, 09:13 AM
Because of my busy day at the FCA and not eating my lunch, scale inched down a bit. 139.2 this morning. Maybe I could get back to my ticker weight by Friday :crossed:

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-04-2014, 09:16 AM
Okay doing personals with 2 screens open as I feel I may have missed a bunch.

Sum: You will get your exercise mojo back I know it. :carrot: Good job on teaching your daughter how to do her taxes. I remember my first minimum wage job and me filling my taxes. Is your ear any better. I get eczema on my feet. It's so yucky. Good job on the weight drop.

Zumba: Keep the diet under control and you may be rewarded with a whoosh. I was, granted 15 days after the fact. But the whoosh came. Sorry to hear about the missing pay day with the class change.

Marlene: The church 5K sounds fun. Have you thought about doing it? Good call on going to bed instead of eating. Sometimes I hate that boredom eating. It's always a win when you recognize it.

Cattails: Glad your DH is on board. Always nice when a couple can work together on a common goal. I need to figure out ways to sneak health into my family. Nobody is embracing it. Sigh, at least if I cook vegetable my husband will eat them. The kids are limited to broccoli, carrots and cauliflower. My daughter will eat iceberg lettuce and my son will eat green beans. They both eat corn but that doesn't count as a vegetable. My son will occasionally eat red cabbage with apples in it.

Ionmoon: sounds like you have a good plan.

Rennie: Awesome job on the 164.8. You are on fire. Intuitive eating all the way.

I think that makes me all caught up with personals. Hi to anyone I forgot.

Zumbachica
03-04-2014, 05:13 PM
I cheated at lunch time and had some sweet potato and flax chips....its so easy to throw in the towel when you diet for days and see no whoosh whatsoever....i think a fast day is in order , not sure when that would be...maybe thursday or friday.....
I want to go to the doctor and have all my hormones checked, including my thyroid and cortisol..but not sure what my silly insurance will pay for. those are expensive tests. I'm thinking maybe there is something wrong with me physically to not be able to drop any weight.

Tonight all i'm having is a salad to make up for my cheat......

I'm sad.

MarleneV
03-04-2014, 11:04 PM
Rennie, Cattails & Carma, I'm definitely going to do the wellness for Lent program. Already told DH that I want to go to church tomorrow evening to pick up the materials. He'll do the 5K with me too, so I'm looking forward to it. We'll walk most of it, not run, but that's ok.

Cattails, I like having a goal-sister! Glad your DH has gotten back on the plan. My DH eats a lot of the same things I do, we had the same thing for dinner tonight, but he over-snacks and when I'm not with him, well, he won't tell me what he ate usually!

Carma, good job on not eating the cookies. I have a box of GS cookies in my office that a financial advisor dropped off. They have been sitting there for 2 week unopened. Driving everyone else in the office completely NUTS that I won't open them!

Sum, nice on teaching your daughter to do her taxes. My kids just ask me to do theirs, and one of them asked if I could do for her BF. Guess they figure they may as well ask me...

Zumba, wish we could come up with something that worked for you.

Hi to anyone else that I missed!

MarleneV
03-04-2014, 11:14 PM
126.0 this am.

B - egg, cheese stick, yogurt
L - salad with shrimp, black beans, tortilla chips
S - grapes, coffee w/cream & very small brownie (they were in the office kitchen, drat someone!)
D - salad with chicken, feta, guacamole, black olives, salsa
S - no sugar added ice cream

that is about 1250 calories.

Oh, and I did 30DS this evening. Moved back to level 1, and it was tough. I'm really mad at myself that I got away from doing it because it was getting easy to do, and now I feel like I'm starting over. But, since I'm going to do the church wellness program, I decided that was a good way to get back into the habit of doing this and today was good to start.

I am happy with my weight, maybe more consistently at 123-124 would be nice. What I'm not happy with is the excess skin/flab at my belly still... the whole reason I started doing 30DS was that. I want to be consistent with it for Lent, and see what that does. Then after that & tax season is over, consider other options...

Zumbachica
03-05-2014, 07:11 AM
Gained another pound today...I might as well since I'm in this gaining mode.....

Getting a lap band feels like a good idea right now....

Sum38
03-05-2014, 09:23 AM
I ate way too much yesterday. My ear still hurts and I was not feeling well, so I ate :(

Today I am meeting someone for lunch, at Panera. I am getting a salad from their secret power menu. Then I will fast until Thursday's dinner.

I hate when I overeat, ugh. I wish I had this healthy relationship with food.

Sorry to sound so negative, it was just a really bad day, BUT today is a new day and I can do better. I can not undo yesterday, but I can make the right choices today!! :sunny:

I broke down and made an appointment with a dr for my ear. Yup, I am so stubborn... I could have felt better by now. :D

DH is traveling a lot. Again this week he won't get home until very late Friday. He will swing by on Thursday night to pick up his passport and then off to Toronto he goes. If weather was warmer, I would go with him.

Anyone here gets their nails done? I desperately need mine done. It has been a month and I broke two of them. I think I want to go back to pink and white. Last month I chose a dark blue and it was really cool. Friday will be my pampering day, I may even get a pedicure. My toes look so naked :) I was letting them breathe after months under the shellac polish. They looked pretty thin and weak. My skin could use some attention too. Perhaps a facial is in order.... This winter has been hard on my face. I have tried moisturizing a lot, but the cold and dry does it's number.

Sum38
03-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Zumba this is for you; :nono: :tantrum: :rollpin: :frypan: :kickbutt:

Remember when fat cells empty their fat, they temp. fill with water, which weighs more than fat. Many see a gain at that point.

Pick yourself back up, dust off....today is a new day! :love:

Sum38
03-05-2014, 09:45 AM
Marlene I fear going back to the gym... I was doing so well :( I hear you about the belly area! I hope you get it toned!!

Carma I hope your daughter is feeling better!! Congrats on 205! Onderland, here we come!

Cat Wonderful about your hubby!!!!

Sum38
03-05-2014, 09:47 AM
Rennie staying below 165?

Magicsusan
03-05-2014, 10:19 AM
Wow! I can hardly keep up with this thread!
While I feel I'm doing okay food and exercise-wise, I think it's unlikely that I'm going to make my goal. I wanted to be in metric onederland by the time I left for my holiday in the states, but it's unlikely- 6+ kilos, so, 13 pounds by the end of March? :cry: At the moment I'm not losing much, but I've read in many places that that is not uncommon when you start a running program... :running:

Zumba, I'm so sorry you're feeling discouraged! :hug: Please don't be too hard on yourself and focus on being kind to yourself. You sound so stressed- I wish I could do something besides digital hug smilies! I hope you find what you need.

Sum, I'm glad you're going to have your ear seen to! As for the healthy relationship with food, I hear you. I spent a lot of time thinking about this (15yrs?) and not doing anything, just trying to get the food thing sorted. Seems like you've got it cracked, mostly, but a bad day(s) like you're having can be discouraging, I know. Same thing goes for you as Zumba- don't beat yourself up about it! :hug:

Marlene; I watched a 30ds video once. It was exhausting from the sofa! You are amazing!

Carma, poor you and poor kid! Hope she gets better quick (and, just as important, doesn't pass it on to you!) Good job on going for a walk and saying no to stress eating; I started going for regular walks/ now jogs and I can't tell you how much good it's done me, stress-relief wise!

Greetings to anyone of missed, or any lurkers. Apologies to North America. I think we nicked your spring :goodvibes:flow1::goodvibes

Zumbachica
03-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Hi chicks........Life is really throwing some curve balls my way. I'm still going over divorce stuff even though we signed, DH still owes me money for stuff from LAST YEAR. He cannot do simple things, like give me copies of the kids portraits...so I have no baby pics of my kids. I am trying so hard not to hate him, because hating him is making me stuff my feelings with food.....When will i be free from all this madness.....no wonder i'm fat.

My schedule for the next two weeks is maddening. I have to start school, then go into the greek embassy to get abused for wanting to prove i'm from greek descent....and there's a visit with the new accountant and eye exam. I think by the end of next week i'll be ready to lift a few drinks....

Hoping AF gets here sooner than later so I can get rid of some of this annoying bloat. I took a diurex today and it did NOTHING. Im afraid to take any more today because i heard they weren't good for your kidneys.....not sure who or what to believe anymore.........

In a few minutes I am dropping off my son at orchestra, he has to be there at 6 and I pick him up at 7:30...this gives me time to finally do a 21 day fix workout (or maybe two). I stopped doing them after two days. I think the problem is that i don't have a regular schedule..I'm at different places to teach on different days, i don't have my kids every day....etc. I need to say that i am going to do it every morning at such and such a time and let that be the end of it.

I feel frumpy and big and just so uncomfortable. Couldn't wait to get out of my jeans today and into sweats.

SUM...your emoticoms made me giggle,l especially the one hitting the other one with the frying pan..I guess I needed that today.

MAGICSUSAN: you are way too sweet ....thank you for your kind words. I just can't get it together.....its so hard this time and I don't know why.

MARLENE: looking good as usual. :)

CARMA: i'd be happy now with even a little woosh

hope everyone has a good night. My kids go back to their dad today....grrrrr....

newleaf123
03-05-2014, 08:34 PM
So it has been 20 days since my last check-in. That's not good; I need to get back in the groove! So... I commit to weighing myself tomorrow AM and posting it here. I have a feeling it will not be pretty.

Anyway, just busy here. Nothing too much new. I've been at my job now for 2 full months and I need to admit that I'm not still adjusting anymore and it's time to reestablish my eating and exercising routines.

Here were my challenge goals:

Be back at 156

Sadly, I have not begun to accomplish them. I want to feel in the groove again! The good news is I have definitely established the new habit of NO CANDY. Now, for me, that does not rule out plain chocolate if it is in a cookie, ice cream, or trail mix. But it does rule out every other thing that would fall under the candy umbrella. Gum. Mints. Candy bars. Anything candy-like in a wrapper. Skittles. Twizzlers. Valentines Day candy. Easter candy. etc I'm having none of it. I have hopefully moved it into the non-emotional category of "I don't eat that." I truly feel like I'm ready to be done with it for good. So... no diet soda since I don't even know when. Some time in the summer? And now, no candy since early January.

:carrot:

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-05-2014, 10:15 PM
Grrr I had a really long write up and the computer locked up. Too tired to re-write it long and short of it I was really bad Tuesday and MFP said I would be 211.5 in 5 weeks if I didn't knock it off. Today I was a saint and super duper exercise/step queen. 21721 steps. 50 flights of stairs and MFP told me if I did this every day I would be 181.8lbs in 5 weeks.
Feels good to break the cycle. Oh and now I can't cheat on Friday because I was BAD Tuesday.

Heidi: Welcome back. Great job on no candy. I am pretty sure my body would be freaking out right now with no candy. :D

MarleneV
03-06-2014, 12:33 AM
Hi all!

Sum, sorry you are still not feeling good, when is your appointment? Hope soon!

And yes, I get my nails done. I used to bite them until December of 2012, and decided then if I was going to look better because of losing the excess weight (and that because I was successful at that), I should stop biting my nails too. Getting them done REALLY helped, because I didn't want to mess them up. I usually go in every 2-3 weeks and get shellac, in a red or a pink tone. Blue would be nice, but maybe a little too far out for work. I don't get shellac on my toes, the regular seems to last longer there, and I get a pedicure only about every 2 months or so. A facial sounds delightful.

Oh, and you'll just have to face the gym fear... sucks though.

Magicsusan, I can't run, so you have my respect on that. I'm ok with a fast walk, but more than that aggravates my knee. I have to do the modified version of some of the 30DS exercises, but I try to be in-between the two versions.

Zumba, stress doesn't help in the weight loss battle. And it sounds like you have a LOT of it. Is there something you can do to kick back just a little to relieve some of that? Maybe just meditate for 15 minutes?

Heidi, good to see you check in. And great job on the "no candy" rule.

Carma, good job on breaking that cycle. 50 flights of stairs... wow.

Rennie & Cat HI!

MarleneV
03-06-2014, 12:44 AM
Today I was up to 127.5 for some reason, and really hungry today too...

B - MRC chocolate protein shake
L - Salad with chicken, feta, guacamole, salsa, black berries, animal crackers
S - cheese stick, chicken roll.
D - salad with egg, feta, salsa. guacamole, orange
S - Skinny Cow bar, magic pop rice cakes, pickles
Total calories - about 1360
Did do 30DS, day 2 in a row!

Chicken rolls are not my friend. This normally would be something that wouldn't tempt me or even be on my radar. But we had volunteered for DD's activity fundraiser after school, and they were selling them. They basically are a fried chicken tender on a yeast roll. They smelled so good, and then DH decided he was getting some. If he had passed, I would have been able to. I had him buy me 1, and we left, which was a good thing. 230 calories. So, I had salad & an orange for dinner. Then this evening, I was hungry... Normally I just have the ice cream treat. Ended up having the rice cakes & still hungry, so had the pickle spears. I was working on a work project that I needed to get to a certain point, so going to bed wasn't an option. Now I'm headed that way...

The total calories wouldn't normally worry me, but the form they were in plus the fact that I was up some this morning concerns me. Ah well... I have a good plan for at least the next 2 days and will keep up with 30DS.

Cattails
03-06-2014, 02:51 AM
Wow, Zumba, you've got a lot to deal with there. Do be gentle with yourself. :hug:

Magicsusan, you may not be losing much right now, but you are gaining a lot with your running: strength, vitality, and endurance to name a few!

Carma, I hate when I lose a post like that! Don't you love MFPs prophesies? LOL

Sum, sorry about your bad day; pain is really derailing. Hope tomorrow is better.

Yay, Marlene, I'm so glad to hear you're doing the 5k! Walking or running, it'll be a great time. It's one of my dreams to run a 5k but I can't go more than a 1/4 mile before ITB pain hits my left knee. :(

Heidi, it's so good to see a post from you!! I've missed your menus; I need some new ideas to explore. :) Good going with the candy ban. Are you enjoying your job?

newleaf123
03-06-2014, 06:42 AM
161.9 this AM. Which makes me heavier than a year ago by about 3 pounds. This time last year, I was getting ready for my Patagonia trek... Great memories!

Thanks, soon2bskinny, too bad about the computer; I hate that!

Thanks Marlene. Sounds like a plan re those chicken rolls. Sound kind of gross to me... Good for you for not letting it derail you. I hope you got to bed at a reasonable hour.

catTails yes, I'm enjoying the job. There is a lot of room to make an impact. The only thing I don't like is that I'm working more hours than I would like, and more hours than the job, which is part-time, was advertised as. But hopefully that translates to working less in the summer...

As for food menus, nothing too exotic going on here. I did buy an avocado yesterday, though... Still sitting on my counter though. Oh, here's something I had yesterday, a papaya protein shake. So good... We had about 1/4 of a papaya left over, sitting in the fridge. A little too squishy too enjoy eating, but great in a protein shake. Papaya, soy milk, water, ice, vanilla protein powder. So that was breakfast.

Zumbachica
03-06-2014, 08:10 AM
So it has been 20 days since my last check-in. That's not good; I need to get back in the groove! So... I commit to weighing myself tomorrow AM and posting it here. I have a feeling it will not be pretty.

Anyway, just busy here. Nothing too much new. I've been at my job now for 2 full months and I need to admit that I'm not still adjusting anymore and it's time to reestablish my eating and exercising routines.

Here were my challenge goals:

Be back at 156

Sadly, I have not begun to accomplish them. I want to feel in the groove again! The good news is I have definitely established the new habit of NO CANDY. Now, for me, that does not rule out plain chocolate if it is in a cookie, ice cream, or trail mix. But it does rule out every other thing that would fall under the candy umbrella. Gum. Mints. Candy bars. Anything candy-like in a wrapper. Skittles. Twizzlers. Valentines Day candy. Easter candy. etc I'm having none of it. I have hopefully moved it into the non-emotional category of "I don't eat that." I truly feel like I'm ready to be done with it for good. So... no diet soda since I don't even know when. Some time in the summer? And now, no candy since early January.

:carrot:

So nice to see you again, I was just wondering recently where you were and how you were doing. Glad to see you back.

Going back to work is a huge adjustment, how can it not effect your eating and routine. I am sure there is major changes with how you do things due to less personal time.....but you will work through it. Honestly, I am NOT looking forward to going back to work...which is probably why I'm purposely looking for freelance type work. I give you a lot of credit........

Not having soda since the summer is a huge accomplishment..and I know how candy was your vice so you should be commended for that also....:cp: Be proud of yourself.........

pat yourself on the back and cut yourself a break. We can't do it all at once, very few of us can. Welcome back....

Zumbachica
03-06-2014, 08:19 AM
Okay ladies, i'm seriously thinking about dropping out of this challenge because I am gaining more and more weight as the challenge progresses. I feel shame and I feel disgusted with myself. Not sure what exactly is going on because I am not eating bad carbs or massive amounts of food.,but something is definitely going on I feel as if my body is betraying me. Stress always made me lose weight, but this time I think it is just making me gain I truly wonder what my cortisol level is right now.
I'm tired of hearing myself whine about it and i'm sure you are also.......today is going to be a "fast day" for me..ironic given that it is the start of Lent (well really yesterday was). I am not eating until dinner tonight. I am going to do my beach body workout, teach my class (its an easy one) and then come home and do work until its time for my couples massage later this afternoon :) Looking forward to spending time with my McDreamy tonight, but Im hating how I look and feel and that ruins any experience for me..it effects everything.

Has anyone here gone to OA?

Sum38
03-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Heidi Nice to see you :hug: !!!!!

newleaf123
03-06-2014, 09:00 AM
It is so cold out!! I planned to walk 2 miles outside, but even at a quick clip, my face was freezing after a mile... So I came in the house and immediately jumped on the elliptical to finish up my workout. :carrot:

Sum38
03-06-2014, 09:03 AM
Okee ladies, I am back OP. My heavy eating days are over! I made my plan for the day and I will stick to it
B - Green Tea
L - Salad w/grilled chicken, feta, avocado, tomato, cuke and vinaigrette dressing
D - Pesto either on chicken or fish, asparagus
S - Hard boiled egg, apple

There, it is all down. Aprx. 1250 cals.

And I finally feel well enough that I will exercise. I will walk on treadmill, try to lift some weights and maybe swim. (I don't put my head in water). And walk my puppy too :)

Weight is making me sad. 141.4 this am. I just want to get and stay below 140.

Sum38
03-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Perfectly OP day! And I am back to exercising; life is good :D -- I think I got over this hump with minimal amount of damage... I may have only lost a few pounds since Feb 1st, but I am not showing gain either. I am up a bit from my lowest low, I shall see how fast I can get back down to 138 now that I am back exercising. I can not lose weight with diet only, I have concluded. I would have to eat like 800 calories per day, ugh. -- I feel energized and ready to lose some weight again. :woohoo:

Leaving for Toronto with DH. He has meeting there, I am tagging along :) -- Won't see if I lost any bloat with my OP day tomorrow morning...I refuse to carry my scale :lol:

Chubby mum
03-06-2014, 08:03 PM
I'm down a couple, no idea how much I've lost overall this challenge. I was hoping to get under 70kg which is still over 2 pounds away so I don't think I'll make it. I feel like I've got ages to go but people are beginning to notice now - all of a sudden - so that's nice.

Hi to everyone else and I hope those having a rough time have a better time.

Why does the neighbour always mow his lawn at nap time?

FatAbbi
03-07-2014, 12:13 AM
1.6 lbs to go to get to 150.... 11 days to go and 7 of those I'm traveling to Europe. Not sure I will make it but I'm still trying!

MarleneV
03-07-2014, 12:33 AM
127.5 again this am, but I'm sure it is PMS...

b - protein bar
L - Lupe Tortilla Chicken taco salad minus chips & sour cream, flour tortilla
s - orange & cheese stick
d - 3 oz T-bone steak, small fork of mashed potatoes, salad with guacamole & salsa, orange, 4 animal crackers
s - no sugar added ice cream
Went for a walk this evening, its still a little cool out for my taste.

total calories - just over 1300.

I didn't get to bed early enough last night. Tonight's not looking much better. Work is driving me insane. My attitude regarding tax season is really bad this year.

Cattails
03-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Sum, you go, girl! Happy to hear you're feeling better. :)

Heidi, mm, papaya shake - sounds great! Do you ever eat the seeds? They're supposed to be kind of cleansing I guess.

Hi Chubby! Any progress is a good thing, right?

Yay, Abbi, you're almost there!

Aw, Marlene, sorry this tax year is troubling you; maybe it's time to consider a career change? ;)

Zumba, you've got to do what makes you happy; if being in this challenge is a stressor, then that may be something to eliminate. I, for one, would miss your input though! Maybe change your goal to something else? What would you like to and can reasonably commit to for the next 10 days?

:wave: to everyone else!

Cattails
03-07-2014, 02:41 PM
After taking it relatively easy for a week, I did a challenging (new) strength routine - whew, my muscles are feeling it today! I like the way my arms are looking; a couple days ago my eldest (22) DS challenged me to armwrestling and I actually did give him a challenge, woot! A big change from the last time we did that.

DH is doing well with the SB, yay! He proudly told me about going to a local diner solo this morning, ordering an egg white omelette with mushrooms and a tiny bit of cheese and telling them 'no toast, no potatoes!'

115 this morning

yesterday's food:
B:yogurt and kefir with flaxseed, 2 dried figs
L: salad with beans and one HB egg
S:half a banana, 8 almonds, coffee with creamer
D:4 oz. sirloin steak, sauteed zucchini and bell pepper
S: dark chocolate, a few dried cherries, coffee with creamer
around 1600 calories total

E:30 minutes strength, 45 minutes walking

Zumbachica
03-07-2014, 02:42 PM
lost some bloat.....I don't have much of an appetite today, so hopefully I will see the scale go down a bit more and i'll finally be out of the 150's ......

love2b150
03-07-2014, 04:00 PM
Thanks Carma, I hope your daughter is feeling better and sorry your hubby was rude but glad you took the walk instead of eating the cookies :hug: Carma MFP does give us hope :) I love when it shows me good numbers in 5 weeks ... One day I'm gonna try to eat the same things for a week and see where it leads ;)

Marlene I'm still reading but do share what's in the wellness packet, if you don't mind. Any tips would help :) I'd like to do a 5K some day. I know I would walk all of it :) Good job on doing 30DS :) I can't hang with Jillian, I've tried so many times :) Sorry about work and I hope you get more rest tonight :hug:

Zumba isn't the lap band a surgical thing? You aren't overweight enough for that? I'm asking because I don't know, I'd have to google it. But I don't think you need that. I'll bet you look a ton better than you give yourself credit for :hug: Zumba you are not fat or frumpy :hug: You do have a lot going on though, so just keep your head up and stay strong :hug: I had a friend that told me once to never wear sweats when trying to lose weight unless I was working out. Her reasoning was when she was over 200lbs (which YOU are NOT) she wore sweats because they were comfortable ... not realizing that they continued to stretch as she gained. When she tried to put on her favorite items of clothing that's when she realized she wasn't getting any where so keep those jeans on my friend especially during the times when you are feeling down and wanting to snack. The jeans will say, "You've had enough or Don't eat that" :hug: And you can't drop out of the challenge, I won't let you :D I have my :crossed: on the scale going down and showing good numbers in the morning :)

Sum, sorry about all of the traveling your hubby is doing :hug: You sound like you need a pamper me day and you're gonna get it ... enjoy. :) I haven't had my nails or feet done since we've lived here :) Everything is so much higher down here and I don't know anyones work. I am going home for a baby shower the end of this month so I may do some pampering myself ;) I was hoping to stay below 165 but my mouth controls all it seems :( Sum sorry about the up ... my ups make me sad also but I know I am the cause of them with my snacking ... we will conquer this, it won't conquer us :) Oh yay on eating on point and exercising and glad to hear that you are going with your husband :) you sound happier :hug:

Susan glad to hear you are doing well with your eating and exercise, way to go :high: I don't think I'll be making any goals this month either ... but as long as I don't go back to the 170's I'll be happy :) If I do I may go coo-coo :)

Heidi, good job on NO candy and NO soda :yay:Your papaya shake sounds delicious :) Good job on the workout yesterday :)

Cattails great weigh in today :woohoo: And :yay: for your husband and the diner, nice to hear I'm sure :)

Chubby mum, good job on the pounds down :high: ... that use to happen to me when I worked nights. I would get the kids to school, shower and then my neighbor would start mowing or the military base would start their drills and shake the house :dizzy:

Abbi that's great, way to go :crossed: for you :)

well I am up 1.4 to 166.8 ... I ate fries with ketchup, cake batter and a few chips yesterday so I expected it. Carbs yesterday 146. Today I am trying the military 3 day diet. I saw it on MFP and figured why not. I've tried every other thing I've seen that I can afford. It has some weird combinations which a lot of people complained about but again that's what makes us all different. It's only 3 days and what didn't work for some may work for others. I had my first slice of bread in about 10 weeks and surprisingly I didn't want another slice. I ate a slice of toast 1/2 cup grapefruit and 2 tbsp of pb and a cup of tea for breakfast and I was fine, not hungry. Lunch was 1/2 cup tuna, slice of toast, tea. I added miracle whip, relish and onion power. (too lazy to cut up the onion) Dinner 3 ozs of ham, 1 cup green beans, 1/2 banana, 1 apple, 1 cup vanilla ice cream. We'll see if the scale rewards me or not :) I did a walk video on cable last night. It was harder than I expected and my right knee and thigh gives me a fit after to many of the kicks and lifts but I'm gonna try it again since I did break a sweat :)

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-07-2014, 06:34 PM
So good news is I am 203.8. Bad news I got there with stomach flu. Ugh. I meet with the personal trainer tomorrow morning. Slightly concerned with my race on Sunday as I have not run since Wednesday. I had wanted to run on Thursday or Friday but have been too drained. Yesterday I got about 1400 steps. Going to try to walk tonight.

Zumba: about OA, no I haven't done that. I did a tops program. If you gained weight at a meeting they would say were glad you came. I know your bloat is driving you nuts. Maybe like me your challenge is coming close to your TOM or maybe your being to ambitious. I like coming here for the support. Maybe instead of doing a weight challenge you should do a fitness challenge or a meditation challenge. Just don't quit.

Sum: enjoy Toronto. That's on my bucket list of cities to go to.

Rennie: great job on breaking a sweat.

Fat Abbi: great job being so close to your goal weight. Plus side of Europe is you will probably walk more. Enjoy your trip.

Chubby mum: 2 lbs is doable. Sorry about the noisy neighbor at nap time.

Marlene: sounds like being an accountant at tax time is worse than being a nurse at flu season. Set a spa day for yourself for April 16.

Cat tails: nice job on almost beating your son on the arm wrestling. Glad your husband is doing well on sb.

Heidi: good job on getting on the elliptical after braving the cold.

Hi to anyone I missed.

love2b150
03-07-2014, 07:47 PM
Thanks Carma :yay: on the number on the scale and sorry you had the stomach flu :hug: but you never know that may be your kick start and it may stick :crossed:

Sum38
03-08-2014, 10:13 AM
I lost one pound of the bloat and TOM is due any minute, which means a whoosh :woohoo: I am excited :) Not over TOM, though :lol: But my clean eating is working.

I only had a day at Toronto but I enjoyed the city. I walked around and admired some great buildings. I really did not dine out :yay: just had a salad for lunch. I am on my weigh loss kick, so eating greasy, heavy meals out is not in a picture right now!

I am really close being out of the 140's, again. I will eat clean today and get some exercise in and I am hoping to be in my 130's tomorrow. So I have 9 days to drop 5 pounds...hmmm...don't see it happening, unless I get a major whoosh ;) As long as I can drop 1- 2 pounds by then, I am going to be happy.

Sum38
03-08-2014, 10:29 AM
I can not take 3 weeks off from exercise ever again. I am so S-O-R-E! As if I never exercised in my entire life... sucks :D

love2b150
03-08-2014, 03:45 PM
Sum good job on the pound :high: Congrats on being so close to the next decade :) Sorry about the soreness ... that's how I felt on the treadmill the other day ... I couldn't pick up the speed like I wanted to for the life of me, smh. I know I've got to do better if I want to get this weight off. Thanks for the heads up on the number of days we have left maybe that will give me some incentive to at least lose a couple of pounds :)

My goal for this challenge is to be at or near 162 so 7.6 pounds to lose :crossed: Best of luck to us all on our goals :)

However, at this rate I am not even close IMO ... weigh-in this morning 165.6

Sum38
03-08-2014, 03:57 PM
Rennie Look how far you have come!! How is your diet/eating going?

love2b150
03-08-2014, 04:04 PM
Thanks Sum :) Today the kids had to go in different directions so getting everybody out and trying to be close to on time I missed my breakfast. I ended up eating some chips in the car. :( Then I ate a pretty good lunch along with some cake batter and two cups of green tea.

Sum38
03-08-2014, 06:55 PM
RENNIE!!!! CAKE BATTER??!! I am going to give you the frying pan :frypan:

:D Just kidding. :D Sounds like you are craving carbs. How has your carb intake been? I have not been at the Slow Carb board, so I am out of the loop :) (I should venture there).

Sum38
03-08-2014, 07:04 PM
7 o'clock; the Witching hour is approaching...snack monster wants its food. BUT I will stay strong!! I ate well today and I am done eating for the day! I want to see 13x.x tomorrow more than having a lousy snack.

I bought some Starbuck's refreshers, I did not check their sugar content, I am sure it is high, but split one packet between 3 -- 24 oz jug of water. I am so tired of plain water.

I will finish my last 24 oz of water and close the kitchen for the night :)

See you in the morning.

MarleneV
03-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Hi All,

Cattails, Rennie, & Carma, thanks for the encouragement. One way or the other, something has to change this year. I just need to get through the next 5 weeks or so first.

Rennie, I get the packet tomorrow evening. So I will let you know. They are doing a one day boot camp event, but it is on a Saturday, and we are on mandatory work Sat. I don't think I'll be able to go to that. And my husband said he's not doing the 5K...

Sum, your trip sounds like it was a nice break.

Carma, good luck on the race tomorrow!

I was at 128.5 this am... grrrr! We went out for Mexican last night, and I over did the flour tortillas & chips.

today was better
B - breakfast taco with coffee/creamer
L - salad w/ chicken, orange, animal crackers
S - 3 Godiva chocolate pearls
D - salad with chicken, cheese, salsa, guacamole, orange, animal crackers.

I'll have a snack too, but the above is just about 1000 calories. I walked last night, but its raining this evening, so going to do 30DS, and then come back to the computer & work for several hours on a project.

Sum38
03-09-2014, 10:49 AM
I gave into the snack monster :( I made decent choices though, except for a pudding cup.

Weight was below 140 (139.6) :yay: and I am not going back over it again!! Hopefully tomorrow I will see 138.x :)

I felt really fat at the aerobics class. I am still very curvy, and it did not help that I had no spandex in my workout clothes. Nothing was held in and all of those mirrors, ugh. I have come far, but I have a long way to go.

So one workout done. I will walk my pup for an hour, later on. The trails may be a total mess (icy) and it may take me over an hour to do my 3.3 mile loop. I don't want to break anything. -- I am so done with this snow! Now it does not even look pretty, all half melted, dirty and grey. On Tuesday temps are supposed to climb up to 52F, melting here we come!!

FatAbbi
03-09-2014, 12:07 PM
Trying to stay very focused because Tuesday it's off to Denmark and Sweden. First Europe trip and I worried about eating.

Sum38
03-09-2014, 12:20 PM
Abbi, have fun. Just Denmark and Sweden? I grew up in Finland, therefore visited those two countries often.

You may come back trimmer, I usually do after my trip to Finland. You will walk a lot more and portions are much smaller at restaurants.

Regardless, don't worry, weight loss can always wait :)

Just stay away from lutefisk :D

love2b150
03-09-2014, 12:57 PM
... I started this last evening and never hit post :dizzy:

LOL Sum, no you can't be kidding :) I need that ... Jacqui use to get on me but she's been MIA so you just jump right on in :hug: I am craving carbs and nothing I eat satisfies me so I just keep searching :( My carbs have been up. I don't plan to go anywhere tomorrow except for church so prayerfully I'll do better :crossed: I'd like to do a fasting day :) I need it ... with prayer

Thanks Marlene, maybe I can do it with you virtually. I copied a link while at the library this morning to do a 5K it was only $25 per adult and $20 for the kids on April 19th. I think that's easier than trying to raise $2500. I found a flyer at the mall for another 5K on March 29th. I need to check the particulars out for that one. I also want to know what the money is going towards.

I did not have a good day yesterday, in addition to my cake batter I had two cupcakes that were really good. I don't know where they were from so not sure how to add them in. Then late last night I went with to iHop with my oldest and ate 3 pancakes with regular syrup. I am up 1.6 to 167.2 but today is a good day so far ... it's a fasting day :)

love2b150
03-09-2014, 01:01 PM
Sum nice weigh in :yay; YOU :) 138 - 137 here you come :)

Abbi, have fun and don't worry about food, enjoy yourself :hug:

Zumbachica
03-09-2014, 10:27 PM
Having an awful time...won't go into details here. Today I had an atkins frozen dinner, an avocado, a tiny piece of 80 percent chocolate. And that's it.......I'm still above 150.

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-09-2014, 10:27 PM
No time for personals. Will do Tuesday at the latest.
:running: went better than I thought it would with almost 3 days of stomach flu. Ran the whole race. Lots of hills. Total time 46:25 mile average 14:57. I came in 1017 out of 1130 runners. Go me:carrot:

Zumbachica
03-09-2014, 10:56 PM
Nice going carma

Sum38
03-10-2014, 04:53 AM
Way to go Carma!

Sum38
03-10-2014, 05:06 AM
Up at the crack of dawn, literally. DS has baseball tryout and alarm went off at 4:15.

I did not bother weighing in this morning, it is way too early and I drank like a fish (water) all day long and barely nothing came out, thanks TOM for hanging onto water weight. I feel swollen and bloated. I did not want to get disappointed because I am sure I am above 140, maybe even above 141. So why bother ruining my day :D

Eating wise my day was spot on, I ate a ton of vegetarian stuff :) Like tabbouleh, lentil salad, carbanzo bean salad.

A week left ladies on this challenge. What are your goals for the last week? -- I am going to continue my clean eating and add my grueling exercises in.

Today is supposed to be my rest day and fast day, I'll be at the FCA. I will get an evening walk in with my pup, now that the days are lighter longer. I usually get home between 4 and 5 and it has been too dark to venture outside. Not any more :)

My DOMS are getting better. I could not believe how sore I got after taking three weeks off.

Well off to start my day and get my green tea going.

Zumbachica
03-10-2014, 07:38 AM
Im up early also because of this new puppy I got this weekend. It was definitely an impulse thing. she's adorable and I love her, but last night was rough. she was barking and howling non stop. Im trying to crate train her but she hates the crate and screams every time i put her in there. I'm definitely a cat person and feel more like one now....LOL.....Poor little thing was taken away from her mommy and her siblings so i'm sure she's scared out of her wits end.

Period finally here and I lose my appetite which happens every month but this time i am also emotionally upset so my appetite has diminished even more and i' not fighting it , believe me. I have my work cut out for me this week...between the dog and school starting ..and a possible court date. I also have to go to an embassy in Manhattan and work out some bureaucracy.....Jesus take the wheel.

Zumbachica
03-10-2014, 07:39 AM
Oh and i am down a lb. from yesterday , which to me right now means a whole lot of nothing . My goal for this next week is to just get back in the 140's...and get my bearings.....try and eat healthy despite all the turmoil in my life.

Magicsusan
03-10-2014, 04:12 PM
Hang in there, Zumba!

Zumbachica
03-10-2014, 10:00 PM
Didnt eat today until dinner.....had Chinese food to celebrate sons bday.

MarleneV
03-11-2014, 12:27 AM
Wanted to check in quickly before bed. 126.0 this am. Yeah! And calories today was 1250 or so. Yesterday was way high, but big meal was at lunch & we worked on the car. Then I went into town to get my nails done & then church, so it was late when I got home for dinner, no 30ds. Today, worked late, which means dinner late too. No exercise today either. Have to get some in tomorrow.

Magicsusan
03-11-2014, 01:13 AM
Today is weigh day. In spite of regular running/ walking/ exercise, I haven't had much to show for my efforts lately. I've read in several places that a new exercise, running especially, can make you retain water at first, but theoretically even if this is true, there has to be an upper limit to that and any fat that I'm burning should begin to show up on the scale, right?

I had three goals going into this challenge

1) eat healthy and not too much
2) get regular exercise (walkies, c25k, dumbbells)
3) get to metric onederland.

I'm more than a little disappointed with that third one (I've only lost 3lbs since the beginning of Feb!), especially since I really felt I'd done okay with the first two! :cry:

Cattails
03-11-2014, 03:02 AM
Susan, are your clothes fitting any better? The first two goals are awesome and will get you to the third in time. I think vigorous cardio tones a body up pretty well - I found doing C25K had a serious impact on my back fat as well as overall. Keep it up, you're doing great. :)

Zumbachica
03-11-2014, 06:48 AM
weighed in at 149.4 this morning.......atleast i'm out of the 150s. That is such a scary number for me. Had another horrible night with the puppy finally took her into my room since she was keeping the kids up all night with her howling and crying. I have an easy zumba class today so I hope to get in some 21 day fix. I haven't really been doing it since the traumatic events last weekend so I am dropping out of that challenge. surprise surprise, there is never a challenge that i succeed at. Sorry to be such a debbie downer but life is really kicking my butt lately and i truly wonder if i'll ever have the time and energy I need to reach my goals.

Chubby mum
03-11-2014, 07:42 AM
Zumba - my DH wants a puppy but your posts make me feel better about saying no. At least till the night feeds with the baby stop. I can't deal with 4 kids and a dog.

Susan - if you keep running "properly" the weight will shift (as long as you're eating well of course). By "properly" I mean getting hot and sweaty and short of breath. Intervals and/or hills are brilliant for weight loss. I once saw an ad for sportswear depicting a pretty woman in running gear. There were "before" and "after" shots - the before picture showed her looking attractive and relaxed and in the after she was red faced, messy haired and sweating. The caption said "Run Yourself Ugly". I know that it's a bit pathetic gleaning inspiration from a sportswear ad but, for me, running only works if I come back looking hideous (lol).

BettyBooty
03-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Zumba - puppies are so cute that you tend to forget how much work they are. At least that's how it always was with me (so far, we've had three).

Been tired and busy and with the crummy weather last week I didn't get out as much as I should have. Other than shoveling snow, but when I do that I tend to eat way too much because I feel so physically wiped out, so no weight loss. I played with my son outside on Saturday - tag and he rode his scooter while I helped him along - and ran last night. I also managed to do some strangth training on Sunday while watching Amazing Race, until my 3 year old and one of my dogs started hovering. I didn't want to clock anyone with a dumbell.

Will hasn't been hitting as much in daycare. He wanted to start going earlier, so he can have breakfast there with the other kids. In particular, a girl named Chloe. She is quite the sweetheart.

Down to 174.8 this morning. If I really bust my butt I should be able to reach 173 by next Monday. So close to not having an obese BMI . . . .

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-11-2014, 10:16 AM
Today was a reminder to be thankful and happy for all I have and that life is precious. 3 yrs ago one of the nurses I worked with son was in a fatal car accident where he crashed into an icy river. He couldn't swim and died. One of my former coworkers notified me that her daughter died this morning. Cancer apparently. So all you upset about the scale, jobs, kids etc. Our days could be infinitely worse. This woman has lost both of her children below the age of 30.
Meditate, enjoy your strength of your bodies give you and enjoy the movement they produce. Feed your body as well as your soul with positive food and thoughts. Welcome the breath you breathe. Laugh and hug your kids. Even if they have pinkeye like my oldest.

love2b150
03-11-2014, 04:39 PM
Zumba sorry about your day on the 9th :hug: You asked and Jesus has the wheel. :) My remedy for the howling and barking at night was a night light and being able to see the kids ... she was happy and she stopped then I moved her as she got older. Give it a shot. :) Good job on the 140's :yay: The challenge is almost over, I haven't done well either and the 170's scare me so I know how you feel with seeing the 150's :hug: but coming here and typing it out does make you (me) feel better, I hope you stick around :)

Carma YES GO YOU :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: Carma well said my friend, my condolences to your co-worker, God bless :hug:

Sum sorry about TOM and the bloat :hug: I hope to lose two pounds this week with clean eating and some exercise :) What is DOMS? :)

Marlene sorry about the late hours :hug: Almost at your low, good jon :high:

Susan good job on meeting your first two goals :high: and I am sure your efforts will pay off, just don't give up. Maybe take some time off from weighing for a bit, idk. Also like Cattails asked are your clothes fitting any looser? Tell tell signs of your efforts :) I have gained and lost the same 2-3 pounds this month. I don't think there will be any victory for me this go around :(

Cattails :wave:

LOL Chubby mum I agree with that with any type of workout :) I see woman coming to the gym all made up and hair done and think really. :)

Betty that's cute about your son :) good job on the weigh in :) Where are you in Maryland? I'm/we're from the DMV area. The weather has been crazy up there. My kids say they wish they still lived up north :)

As I said above I haven't done well at all during this challenge but like Carma said just be happy because it could be worse so I am happy with what I've done thus far and I look forward to what's ahead

Apple Blossom
03-11-2014, 07:14 PM
Wow, I just spent a lot of time catching up and I haven't even been off 3FC for that long! Good to hear from all of you, through the ups and downs. It really makes me feel like I am not alone. I will try to check in more often, since I really feel too overwhelmed to make individual comments after all of that.
Personally I am up in weight about a pound but that's really no big deal. DH is out of town for a few days and I will be good by eating salads and serious portion control while he is gone. Exercise has been on program all along, so that is certainly not my issue. I love Chubby Mum's comment about "run yourself ugly". I really don't put enough effort into my running work outs. I need to change them up.
It is probably not going to be cold here where I live in Cali for much longer. We are moving into 1 layer weather, I would really like to feel comfortable wearing fitted T-shirts and jeans so I need to get rid of the muffin top and the bat wings. I dont want another summer of being over dressed and feeling self conscious. Seriously, last summer sucked. But there's no magic, so I need to work hard and stay committed. Hoping for a 2 pound loss this week.

Zumbachica
03-11-2014, 07:27 PM
Hi everyone....this puppy is beyond exhausting. She cries and screams whenever I am not in her site. She whines until i pick her up. and no matter where I put her crate at night or what I do she won't stop howling and crying....Chihuahuas are notorious for being difficult breeds to train and they weren't kidding. I have heard puppy stories before but this is truly something else. She is adorable and I love her but I have anxiety when i leave the house because i know she's in her gated area crying. Then i have anxiety when i'm home because she is on me like velcro. I tried taking a shower yesterday and had her in the bathroom and she kept screaming and climbing up on the shower doors.....Atleast human babies sleep in between feedings and in a bassinet or crib. Good Lord give me strength. Im starting to think that maybe she needs a different kind of family...one that could give her more time and patience. And less of an anxiety ridden fur mommy.

Lawyer gave me instructions on what to do if my husband pulls this stunt again, looks like i'll be back in court to revise the custody stipulation.....more anxiety.

Needless to say I haven't been eating or working out more than I have to this past week. I eat one meal a day and it could be anything . Not the best way to lose weight, but I have lost my appetite and that doesn't happen often.....so Im not in a rush to force myself to eat.

CARMA thank you for that reminder. I have a good friend battling cancer, so I totally understand how much i have to be grateful for..and something happening to one of my kids is unfathomable to me. Nothing is more important than our loved ones and our health.

BETTYBOOTY that is fantastic news about Will........so cute that he wants to go to school early to hang out with "Chloe"...

CHUBBYMOM have your DH come here for 24 hours to see what I go through with this puppy and he'll change his mind quickly....LOL

MAGICSUSAN I don't know what to tell you about not having lost weight, but my students complain to me about this all the time. I have no answers except that maybe you will see the fruit of your efforts soon....you'll see inches lost if noting on the scale. Maybe you need to take in less calories. I understand your frustration :?:

Well everyone hang in there.

MarleneV
03-12-2014, 01:06 AM
Hi all, another long day/late night. I did come home from the office for dinner at a reasonable time & we went for a walk, but I worked for 2.5 hours after that. Was a good day for eating too as far as calories, 1250 or so again. Tomorrow (or really today when i get up) is a work from home day, so hopefully I'll get lots done!

Hope everyone is ok.

Zumba, what about the old clock wrapped up in an old tshirt trick for the puppy?

Cattails
03-12-2014, 03:44 AM
Just checking in really quick. I'm kinda running low at the moment, had a sad weekend of deciding it was time to put my old tattercoat kitty Matilda to sleep. Ultimately it was the best decision but it still sucks big time. Other than eating a bit more chocolate than I ought to, I've been maintaining my intake well enough.

Guess it's really spring here: two of my box turtles emerged from hibernation yesterday. It's always a relief to see them come up after months underground - and they are very hungry!

Just five days left of the challenge; let's make the most of it, take care of ourselves and be thankful for what we have, as Carma noted. Who's going to start the next challenge?

Zumbachica
03-12-2014, 06:07 AM
Hi all, another long day/late night. I did come home from the office for dinner at a reasonable time & we went for a walk, but I worked for 2.5 hours after that. Was a good day for eating too as far as calories, 1250 or so again. Tomorrow (or really today when i get up) is a work from home day, so hopefully I'll get lots done!

Hope everyone is ok.

Zumba, what about the old clock wrapped up in an old tshirt trick for the puppy?

I ran to walmart yesterday to buy an "old fashioned clock"....not sure if its not loud enough or what but it didn't work.....she could care less....:(

Zumbachica
03-12-2014, 06:13 AM
Good morning...puppy woke me up extra early. My weight is the same as yesterday......hoping to have some kind of woosh before our challenge deadline on Monday. Not sure if I'm going to participate in another challenge..the last few haven't gone well for me, in fact, I have gained weight.

I have to go into manhattan today to take care of some "business" and I hate it....its a long trip if you're going in for something that isn't fun......good news is I have no choice but to get some walking in....and i won't be eating much either....so lets hope that helps me see a little bit of a drop.....the weather is finally making a turn so I"ll be starting to walk again hopefully. Also this is the first spring in my new house and I can already tell I have lots of yard work to do as the snow melts..!! that means calorie burning old fashioned yard work and i'm sort of excited about it :)

better get moving, have to get two kids off to school and then catch at 7:46am train!! Have a good day everyone..

Zumbachica
03-12-2014, 06:14 AM
cattails: sorry about your cat :(

love2b150
03-12-2014, 09:25 AM
Cattails sorry to hear about your Kitty :hug:

I ate OP yesterday and over all believe I had a great day. No complaints. :) I was rewarded this morning with a 1.6 water drop so I'm happy about that also.

Have a great day everyone :hug:*

Sum38
03-12-2014, 12:21 PM
Cat, I am very sorry about your kitty cat! :hug:

Sum38
03-12-2014, 12:33 PM
TOM is kicking my butt this month. I used to have extremely painful period and then it got better. Last night was sheer **** with cramps. Last month was painless, but my period went on for 11/12 days, this month is painful; I am hoping for a short one.

I have not weigh-in for a few days, I am sure I am sky high with bloat.

We got 8 inches of snow and it is still coming down. I would have a board meeting tonight; on a good day it takes me an hour to get to FCA, and today is not a good day, so it would take me hours; I will skip. They won't be happy with me, but I am not risking my life.

Cat, would you like to start the next challenge? -- I don't think I accomplished anything during this challenge. I am happy to "break even" what comes to my weight. I must get my act together; eating OP and exercise going.

I am actually pretty happy at this weight (did I just say that??). I have a full closet of clothing that fit me and I look good in them. The 25 pounds I lost this year made a huge difference. People keep telling me that I should not lose any more weight. But I still want to drop 15 more pounds, but I don't think I am in a great hurry. I could enjoy life a bit and shoot for 1/2 pound loss per week. I think that would be a great compromise. And now each pound makes even a bigger difference :) The bloated look has left me, I have pretty nice hourglass shape shaping up/going on. #feelingpositive

Besides my horrid TOM, I feel very positive towards life. :)

Apple Blossom
03-12-2014, 01:35 PM
Cat, I am so Sorry about your kitty.:( I lost my dog in November and I am still very emotional about it.
It is supposed to go up to 80 degrees on Sunday!!! I am not ready!! Maybe it will inspire me to keep at it, I can NOT appear in summer clothes yet.
Zumba, I am sure your busy day will be good to you. Stick with it! Lord knows I've been at this for years but I still have hope.
Sum, TOM is so hard to get through! I always feel so yucky and ready to give up but there is usually a whoosh after it so hang in there!
Hi to everyone else, I am behind schedule, gotta go!

love2b150
03-12-2014, 03:55 PM
Sum sorry about TOM :hug: but loving the positivity I'm hearing in your post :high: I'll be glad when I can say that I am pretty happy at this weight :). I am not curvy at all. So more loss will hopefully help with that :D Glad you are deciding to stay home today instead of venturing out in the snow.

Apple Blossom sorry to hear about your doggie :hug:

Two of my females cousins commented on my weight loss yesterday and were kind of thrown back when I said I needed to lose 34lbs more. I told them I want be 132. None of them will tell their weight, cracks me up since I weigh more than all of them. Another cousin came and said when he pulled up he thought I was my daughter because I was so slim (haven't heard that word ever) I smiled but his eyes are going bad or it was because he had parked so far back in the yard. My daughter is 120lbs and wears an extra small :) I am much wider than her but the compliment was nice ;)

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-12-2014, 05:19 PM
Cat-tails: sorry to hear about the city.

Zumba: I know you see the day as a giant pain however I can't help thinking it sounds exciting. It's been years since I have been into New York. Sorry to hear that the puppy is causing you to lose sleep.

Love: it's nice getting the your so skinny compliments. They are one of the things that keep me going.

Apple blossom: totally hear you on the muffin top.

Bettybooty: glad your son's biting is better.

Sum: glad to hear your at a happy place weight wise.

Marlene: hope things are easing up.

Hi to anyone I missed.

Zumbachica
03-12-2014, 06:48 PM
CARMA...yes NYC is an amazing place...I'm always in awe of it. Maybe because I grew up in one of the boroughs and Manhattan was always a jump step away I take it for granted. The train ride is long, its dirty, and when you aren't going in for a "good" of "happy" thing then its a real pain in the rear.....there's so much of it that the tourists DON"T see. I was so happy to get home today and see my kids and my pup you have no idea...LOL....

SUM how wonderful that you are enjoying the weight loss...you worked hard for it and you deserve it..ENJOY IT....so you want to lose more, okay,,,,:p But don't forget to stop and smell the roses along the way .....My friend that has cancer told me the other day that "it all went so fast"..and I'm like "What did?" and she said "LIFE"....We need to celebrate everything...all the big things, all the little things...so celebrate the weight you lost..celebrate the clothes that you can fit into again...I'm a big fan of the hour glass shape myself :D so celebrate that also. :bravo:

APPLE BLOSSOM; 80 degrees? Wow, what is that like? I still have patches of snow in my yard...well warmer weather gets us more active...:) Enjoy the sunshine...:flow2:

soon2beskinnyCarma
03-12-2014, 08:19 PM
CARMA...yes NYC is an amazing place...I'm always in awe of it. Maybe because I grew up in one of the boroughs and Manhattan was always a jump step away I take it for granted. The train ride is long, its dirty, and when you aren't going in for a "good" of "happy" thing then its a real pain in the rear.....there's so much of it that the tourists DON"T see. I was so happy to get home today and see my kids and my pup you have no idea...LOL....

SUM how wonderful that you are enjoying the weight loss...you worked hard for it and you deserve it..ENJOY IT....so you want to lose more, okay,,,,:p But don't forget to stop and smell the roses along the way .....My friend that has cancer told me the other day that "it all went so fast"..and I'm like "What did?" and she said "LIFE"....We need to celebrate everything...all the big things, all the little things...so celebrate the weight you lost..celebrate the clothes that you can fit into again...I'm a big fan of the hour glass shape myself :D so celebrate that also. :bravo:

APPLE BLOSSOM; 80 degrees? Wow, what is that like? I still have patches of snow in my yard...well warmer weather gets us more active...:) Enjoy the sunshine...:flow2:

Amen to what you said to sum.

Cattails
03-13-2014, 02:49 AM
Ha, I knew better than to prompt another challenge! Okay, I've got something in mind; I'll put up a new challenge in a few days. And let's not have talk about not accomplishing anything here - just staying in the game is an accomplishment, and every gain or loss is a learning experience.

I appreciate the sympathies; it is such a hard thing to outlive those you love. The flip side is animals like turtles - I have verbally bequeathed my turtles to a couple of sons since more than likely, they will outlive me (the turtles and the sons). Anyway, we will miss Matilda; she was a sweet beautiful girl.

Ah, Zumba, a new puppy, what fun! The adjustment is always rough, but soon she'll settle in and be comfortable - I hope! My DH always caves and lets our pups sleep in our bed, and so every night I have to tell 65 lb. Po to move his big butt out of my spot! The good thing is that he warms it up for me.

Sum, sounds like you are in a very good place and yay for that! You've made great strides in building a stronger, healthier you and that is wonderful. That goes for you, too, Rennie - those compliments are well deserved!

And good news here: this morning my middle DS asked me to help him do SB! He could stand to drop about 25 pounds, so I'm trying to show him how to do it in a healthy manner. I'm so glad he's willing to make some changes now before he runs into trouble.

:wave: to everyone and hope your week is a good one.

Zumbachica
03-13-2014, 06:35 AM
Ahhh Cattails, a "bed warmer"..how nice! Thats great news about DS wanting to do SB....with your guidance i'm sure he'll do fine....youngins have a better metabolism than we do....and SB is a healthy program.

Zumbachica
03-13-2014, 06:52 AM
Not sure why but my body is stuck at this number. Im not going to whine about it, it is what it is.

Today I hope to burn calories by catching up on housework. The puppy has consumed all my energy and time so things here are a wreck...I am teaching an easy class today (sleep deprived instructor is no fun) and then hopefully hit up one of my DVD workouts....I really miss the resistance training DVDs.

Kids are going back to their Dad today which makes me sad, I feel like they just got here thanks to him not following the schedule. I guess that will give me some more time to get a bit organized around here and focus on "stuff"...:) Maybe shed a few lbs before our challenge is over on Monday :)

I hope everyone has a nice day...

Sum38
03-13-2014, 09:37 AM
I have not stepped on that scale in three days, which is a miracle for me :D I think I will wait until the 17th before I do a weigh in; let my hormones settle down a bit. TOM is really causing havoc in my life this month.

We received about a foot of snow and as usual, I my car can not make it up the driveway. I will scrape the driveway well today and hope that the sun will melt the snow off. So I am stuck at home.

My house could use some love and attention. I may scrub the toilets and kitchen today; burn some calories.

Cat looking forward to the new challenge :)

love2b150
03-13-2014, 05:23 PM
Carma yes it is nice to hear :)

Nice comment to Sum, Zumba :hug:

... it appears that is the wake up call for so many of us SOMEONE ELSE'S LIFE ... we never appreciate what we have until someone else puts it all into perspective for us and it's so easy to say it to someone else and not apply it to ourselves. I have been through some major challenges including divorce and having no place live but I continued to smile through it all. Many people around me that saw me often never even knew. It's easier to complain here because no one knows you and most of the people I've come in contact with do have a heart and are open to help. I do complain ... it gets it off my chest and out of my mind. I've learned over the years that holding in things that bother ME will only hinder ME and the ones I love. I am no help to them if I'm miserable but once it's out I pray, breathe and move on :) We all have our trials and I have learned also to never say never. When I tell my story, people have told me I need to write a book, just as a few of us probably could, I'm sure ;) but they are lessons learned ... thanks for listening.

Thanks Cattails :), so true --> just staying in the game is an accomplishment, and every gain or loss is a learning experience. Good to hear about your son :) My son said he wanted to lose some weight after church last night. He has said that before but this time I think he may be considering it (though he came home today and ate a huge bowl of oatmeal with sugar, milk and butter, smh) He weighs about 240 he wants to get down to 180. I'd love to help him for sure ... I'm just waiting for my cue ;)

Sum good for you on staying away from the scale, I can't do it, I've tried. I have actually gotten better over the years because I use to weigh multiple times a day. Sorry about TOM. :hug: It's crazy to me how TOM has changed at this age. You never know what to expect (at least I don't)

Well I am happy to report this is day three of eating OP and I am back to my March 3rd low of 164.8. Now the victory will come if I am 163 in the morning of my won't I be happy. Sending myself some :dust: to stay OP ... last night I almost caved to some hot buttered biscuits. Instead I ate a s/f jello, cashews and a small apple. Pat on the back :D

Chubby mum
03-13-2014, 11:13 PM
I'm down a pound this week but there's no way I can lose two more in three days to meet my challenge goal of six pounds. I really do lose at a rate of one pound a week and no faster. This was the same as after my previous pregnancies. I suppose I could step it up and cut out my daily dark chocolate and generally calorie count but that's not how I eat at maintenance and I need to eat and exercise like this forever.

My body is a bit weird ATM - I can see my muscle tone re emerging but it's like the fat is sort of hanging off my tummy. Gross. After 4 kids I do expect some laxity but hopefully in 17 pounds' time things will have improved.

Magicsusan
03-14-2014, 05:23 AM
Lol the weird body, ChubbyMum. Mine is reorganising itsself and the bottom line is, nothing fits. It's not just a matter of the right or wrong size, my body is just a random assortment of sizes like Frankenfatty. Places where I've lost weight, gained muscle, places where it's stayed the same...

Cattails, so sorry about the kitty. We've had to say goodbye to two of ours, and we still miss and talk about them often, though it's been 6+ years. :hug:

Everybody else, is it spring where you are? I have daffodils! In early March! In SWITZERLAND?! I keep telling myself, "don't enjoy global warming, don't enjoy global warming..." :devil:

Take care. I'm borderline incoherent at the moment because I just got back from w2d3 of my c25k and I'm :whoo: pooped. Trying not to get too bummed about the relative lack of loss; I just keep reminding myself that I totally suceeded on this challenge in my commitment to do the c25k and keep lifing dumbells 2xweek, so there's that. :p

love2b150
03-14-2014, 07:48 AM
:) Chubby mum I have the fat hanging off my tummy also. I was told by one of my doctors that it's just loose skin only surgery will help. It has gone done a bit and it's well hidden in my clothes but with them off not so good. It's all worth it though :)

Susan we had 5 days of spring like temps 70's and then yesterday was in the low 30's high 45. Today will be the same. I haven't checked the weather yet but there is ice on the car so it's probably colder than yesterday morning. Enjoy spring :)
:congrat: on sticking to plan and making your goals of C25K and lifting, Great job! :)

Down another .4 to 164.4. Hope to keep this up

Zumbachica
03-14-2014, 05:13 PM
MAGICSUSAN you made me laugh out loud when i read the word Frankenfatty....I think that is what i'm going to call myself from now on....:dizzy:

CHUBBYMUM: Congratulations on losing that one lb....every lb counts!! I remember losing weight after my babies. it wasn't easy but i did it both times and had no problem with skin going back..it just takes time...the only thing that was destroyed was my boobs.....:o

LOVE2b I hear people tell me the same, that my story is incredible and I am so strong. I don't look at myself that way.....I just tried to do the right thing when faced with adversity. I've gone through such hard things and came out standing, yet I can't lose ten freeking pounds...crazy stuff....

Zumbachica
03-14-2014, 05:27 PM
Back up to 150. I laugh at this point. I had lunch with a friend today that lost a lot of weight.....she used to be my student and she was a bit on the chubby side, she now looks incredible. She wasn't on any formal type of diet, she just cut portions and ate healthy..she also started doing boot camp type classes....I don't know why it just clicks for some people and for others its just so hard.....we discussed the fact that my stress hormones were probably through the roof through divorce so maybe my body is just "stuck".....who knows.....tired of talking about it. Just taking a break from all of it for a while.....

love2b150
03-14-2014, 06:16 PM
Zumba remember our conversation (last year I think) ... we will always stand tall :hug: I am with you on losing 10lbs. My girlfriend started after me and has done wonderfully she is 41lbs down. I so want to be her, she looks great. I hear you on the break, that takes will also because I know if I take a break I'll be 30lbs heavier in no time. NO DISCIPLINE HERE, smh.

I made the oopsie bread. It doesn't taste bad, it looks exactly like the pictures but it's a little airy in the middle, reminds me of meringue. I'd like for it to be a tad bit firmer. Don't know if I'll try it with a burger or not. Also I followed the recipe and my mixture made 11 pieces. I count two as a serving which is 7 calories higher than the person that made the recipe on yourlighterside.

Zumbachica
03-14-2014, 07:14 PM
what is oopsie bread??? is it low carb? what kind of flour do you use...? and YES I remember our conversation...its meant a lot to me.....:)

Well my BF is not around tonight so I am going to meet some girlfriends at cheesecake factory but I WILL NOT be eating anything that isn't on their light menu.. or their small plates menu.....I'm going out more just to socialize than any other reason......

love2b150
03-14-2014, 10:05 PM
Zumba I love Cheesecake Factory :drool: their salmon, and asparagus meal is delicious :drool:

The oopsie bread is from yourlighterside.com it's made with 3 eggs, cream cheese and cream of tartar, very low carb. I ate a piece with my taco meat and cheese tonight much better if it has something on it I found :)

I went over my calories today big time. So not expecting a good number tomorrow. When will I ever learn, smh

Good night

Zumbachica
03-14-2014, 11:47 PM
interesting...all my years of atkins i never heard of making bread out of cream cheese and eggs....Do you make muffins in a minute? I found those to hit the spot when i was desperate for something "bready"

Zumbachica
03-15-2014, 09:53 AM
Im not weighing in today.....I know the scale will probably have a gain and I can't handle that mentally right now. I'm going to keep uber busy today and not think about food.

Its supposed to be a nice day so maybe i'll take a walk.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!!!

Sum38
03-15-2014, 10:43 AM
No weigh in for me either, Zumba. I have been super relaxed about food. I need to get back on track. I will weigh in when this challenge ends and see how much I gained, because I think I am around 143 pounds based on how clothes fit. That would mean a three pound gain :( I will vow to do better the next challenge, I must....

I want to be skinny when I go home this summer. I have been so fat, so many years during my visits, it would be nice to go back and actually look nice. I would also like to buy some nice clothes while there. Fashion is always a bit ahead there.

I am making a budget today, ugh. Seeing where I could cut back. We have $4000-5000 monthly college payments starting in the fall and I need to tighten the belt. -- I cut our food bill in half. We were spending over $2000 per month on food. Now I make menus and shopping lists and I have been staying around $1000 per month. -- I know it is still pretty high, but we eat grass fed organic beef, pasture raised eggs (haha...that sounds funny), wild caught salmon etc. Even organic milk is expensive.

I averaged our clothing bill and that came to $400 per month; I can lower that one too, I don't need as many visits to WHBM :D Once I get down to my ideal weight, I won't need to buy clothes in many sizes.

I am not willing to cut back on gym expenses etc, and we only pend $200 eating out per month. I guess I could cut that in half...but I think that number is a lot lower what an average American spends on fast/restaurant food.

We have saved a ton on utilities after we moved. We lived in this huge house that was built in the late 90's during the housing boom when they just slapped the houses together with poor materials. Now we live in a smaller house that was custom built in the 70's with great windows and good insulation. We used to spend over $700 on utilities whereas now we only spend around $250. Amazing difference. I remember our furnace running all the time and the house was never warm. In this house the furnace barely runs and we are bare footed all the time :)

Anyone else does budgets? -- I am going to start keeping spreadsheets of our expenses. I won't go as far as counting our cash usage on coffees etc, though... We try to put everything on debit cards anyways, so one always thinks twice about doing a coffee run to Starbuck's :) It all adds up.

I am anal :) (Wonder if they block that word).

We had an amazing day weather wise yesterday. It felt like there was some hope for spring :)

So today I will get back to my exercising; walk and gym. And eating OP.

Zumbachica
03-15-2014, 07:40 PM
Well they didn't block the word ANAL..bahahahahahahhaa....

So funny that you should bring up budgets, because my goal after I get my tax information together is to start getting a budget together. Right now I have no clue on what I am spending monthly on food and my household expenses. I need to make sure there is enough money come Spring to pay property taxes on two houses.....I also have expenses coming up with the warmer weather since I need to get the pool running and i need patio furniture.......anyways let me know what program you use to do your spreadsheet....

love2b150
03-15-2014, 09:32 PM
Zumba no I have never made them but I do want to try. I just keep forgetting to look up the recipe. I may try that tomorrow if I have all of the ingredients because oopsie bread can be used in the place of bread but taste nothing like it. :)

Sum not anal at all ...

I weighed in at .2 up 164.6. I went way over my calories yesterday and today so tomorrow will probably be an up day on the scale also

MarleneV
03-15-2014, 11:46 PM
Hi all,

I've been a bit busy, late nights & stuff going on.

Eating has been on-program and I've been under calorie limit each day. I've also been able to either walk or do 30DS (or both) every day. I was 125.0 this morning.

Budgets are interesting... If I had to come up with what I spend on things each month, that would be fairly easy. I always use a debit or credit card, and I always pay off all of my credit cards each month. However, what I do generally is that I know how much my share of the house payment is and what my car payment is. Everything else goes on a card, and I know exactly how much I can spend on that card each month and be "OK". But I don't track so much for food, clothes, and whatnot. I just go by the total. For example, this month, I had some car repair bills, so I didn't buy more clothes. I am supposed to get an airline ticket to go to Pittsburgh in May, but I have already used all that I had allotted for the month. That statement cut date is soon, and then I can purchase the ticket. I do have various savings accounts and could take money out of one of those if I really needed to, but rather not.

It is interesting seeing what others spend money on... We go out about once or twice a week now (plus my weekend breakfast with the car club), but used to go more before I started eating better to lose the weight.

As far as food, we don't usually get the organic items, but instead I do most of my shopping at Costco. we take turns paying for groceries, so I only know my half. My DH pays the electric & trash bills, the electric can be anywhere from $60 up to just over $200/month. We have solar panels, so those help some. Trash is something around $75/ quarter. I pay our internet bill of $75/month, we don't have cable or a landline. My cell is paid by my company, and my husband pays his & the kids through his company. After the kids get out of college and our house is paid off (we are planning 10 years for this), our expenses should be pretty minimal. That gives me 5 or 6 years to really save for retirement, I'd like to reach that point (or at least partially retire) by 64 or 65.

Zumbachica
03-16-2014, 08:27 AM
Wow Marlene sounds to me like you have a good retirement plan going..I'm impressed....I wish I could tell you off hand what all my expenses are...but like i said my goal is to get organized financially ..that is my goal for the month of April.

Well I had another horrible night's sleep thanks to the puppy...She's not getting this at all....its been a week today that i have had her. Hoping this improves soon, I can't to through my week all sleepy....

I weighed in today...149.4. I guess my body is liking this number......I may put in a couple of fasting days this week to see if that jumpstarts weight loss.....we shall see....

Its a sunny day today but it has gone back to being really cold....was hoping to get to the car wash today, I hope they're open.....Also have to get ready for the week which includes food shopping. My frig is EMPTY, I need to stock up on healthy foods for the kids and myself.

Have a wonderful sunday y'all.

Sum38
03-16-2014, 10:20 AM
Budget is done :) Zumba, I use excell spreadshhets.

I stepped on scale this morning, and I was spot on. 143, even. That is a redline for me. I don't want to slip into 145 and the subsequent 150... So the meal planning is on.

I slept through my aerobic class this morning, but I'll go to the gym and walk on treadmill, swim and lift weights. I must get back into the groove of things. Summer is approaching fast and I want to be svelte.

My dog woke up with a limp. :( She is 9 years old and these things are to be expected. Makes me feel so sad. I think she slept on it bad. So I don't think I'll be walking her today. This momma feels bad for her furbaby.

Plan for today
B - Green tea
L - Salad w/ grilled chicken, avocado, tomato, cuke, onion and vinaigrette dressing.
D - Meatballs, big salad and veggie.

There! I wrote it down therefore I must follow the plan :D

love2b150
03-16-2014, 09:25 PM
Marlene, all I can say is WOW, you're amazing :)

Zumba, sorry about the puppy and not allowing you to rest properly :hug:

Sum, LOL on writing it down following plan :) I really need to get back to that also.

Question when you all fast how long do you fast, half day, all day, until dinner? and When you fast what is it that you do consume during the fast? Thanks

----------------
On 2/15 I said ---> My weigh in today was 169.6 up .6 from yesterday. I have been stuck between 168-170 all month, smh. My goal for this challenge is to be at or near 162 so 7.6 pounds to lose

Today weight is up .8 to 165.4 ... not even close to goal for this challenge ... I did drop 4.2lbs as of today but that could definitely change in the morning.

Sum38
03-16-2014, 09:34 PM
Rennie, I usually fast from dinner to dinner, sometime lunch to lunch. I only drink water and green tea (lots of it) when I fast. Fast usually cuts my carb binge cycle and over eating cycle. I don't get light headed. Hungry, yup around 2-3 pm. When I make my dinner, I usually eat a big salad first, that will stop me from gorging. If I am really hungry when fixing dinner; I snack on broccoli and cauliflower. The key is not to over eat at dinner. Just a normal size dinner and a light snack at night.

You asked about DOMS, sorry I don't think I have done personals; Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness... Just sore muscles after working out, lactic acid :D

Sum38
03-16-2014, 09:42 PM
I did okay today. Pigged out a little bit :o Nothing too drastic. I dragged my (big) butt over to the gym too :) :) It felt good to be working out. I lifted weights and powerwalked.

I have been REALLY thirsty tonight, I bet scale will show it in the morning. But I know it is NOT true weight :) :)

I have to go and get my blood drawn again for the TB test. The first one came inconclusive... the bummer is, I have been vaccinated against TB as a baby and again when I was 15 I received a booster. So my test will always come out funny. Luckily they said they will only test me twice and then they consider it negative. -- They did not accept my vaccination records, ugh!

Tomorrow will be a fast day. I will be at The FCA all day. No work outs just walking my pup at night if her leg feels better.

love2b150
03-16-2014, 10:00 PM
Sum I have done dinner to dinner. I did it for a few years Tuesday to Wednesday with my old church. I should probably start again, huh. Ok and a salad before dinner. I think if I eat the salad I will be done (if I make it properly) ;) Thanks for the DOMS meaning :)