Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat

lisa32989
02-13-2014, 06:39 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

lisa32989
02-13-2014, 06:49 AM
Good morning
I've seen several comments about Atkins bars in various threads. Just a reminder the Atkins plan is higher in both fat & cals than IP. So are Atkins bars! They don't really fit our protocol. In a pinch, check the label of a South Beach bar. SB is also a low fat plan.
Better yet, make your stash of IP products TODAY! Put them in your purse, car(s). Desk at work, & anywhere else a stash may be necessary. This is pre-planning at its finest.

sunflwr816
02-13-2014, 07:06 AM
Lisa, thanks for your response yesterday about the vitamins! I'll just stick withe the mag and phos for now.

Also interesting....I started spotting/bleeding last night. I read around the site and heard this is common, but I was pretty surprised to see it since I have amenorrhea!

advocatemom
02-13-2014, 07:18 AM
Good IP morning! Been up early with my son (more inservice days - not a sick day or snow day thank goodness!). I finally feel like the stomach bug is gone (since late afternoon yesterday actually) and was happy to add back my IP food & some meat last night. My DH has the crud now so it's still out there but hopefully gone soon!! I had a very good visit with my coach yesterday. After listening to some of the coach stories here, I'm very happy to have such a good one and one who is there for more than just pushing packets!!

We are going to have some warmer weather over the next few days so that is also a great thing!! Happy Thursday, everyone!

nolasmurf
02-13-2014, 07:39 AM
Morning all. Down 1.4 this week. Still struggling thru some personal issues, but I'm staying OP. Hope everyone has a good day.

Ruth Ann
02-13-2014, 07:52 AM
Better yet, make your stash of IP products TODAY! Put them in your purse, car(s). Desk at work, & anywhere else a stash may be necessary. This is pre-planning at its finest.

As always, good advice Lisa! Stashed packets have saved my behind more than once when I've forgotten the planned ones. Or when I poured an entire packet of wildberry yogurt mix on my pants. :dizzy:

I had a very good visit with my coach yesterday. After listening to some of the coach stories here, I'm very happy to have such a good one and one who is there for more than just pushing packets!!

Hooray for good coaches! I'm lucky too - my coach is awesome too. It really helps.

Morning all. Down 1.4 this week. Still struggling thru some personal issues, but I'm staying OP. Hope everyone has a good day.

Yeah for the scale going down!

shrinkingsusie
02-13-2014, 08:38 AM
Good morning!

Weigh in 31, another 2.2 lbs gone, bringing me exactly 20 lbs from goal!

As if that wasn't good enough, I decided to try on some brand new pants I have that I bought on my first journey with IP and never made it into them... They fit!! I bought two different pairs in the same size, so I know what I'm wearing tomorrow as well!

What a great day! I even kept smiling when I dropped the lid to my WF pancake syrup on my pancake getting it covered in syrup. :p

Slipfree
02-13-2014, 08:51 AM
Congratulations,Nola and ShrinkingSusie!

ems70508
02-13-2014, 09:22 AM
nola, congrats! and happy thoughts your way. susie, you amaze me.

interesting fact of the day: the owner of my clinic (he's the chiropractor and successfully done IP) weighed me in this AM. For this first time in my journey, someone at the clinic asked me what my goal weight was! Lost 1lb this AM and 2" in my waist. I'm happy with the loss. obviously wish for more. I think I need to switch up my foods.

In other news! I bought a box of unrestricted BBQ crisps! delishhh

0ojoyo0
02-13-2014, 09:51 AM
Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that Diet Direct is having a $10 off sale this weekend. Coupon code is PRES10.

Slipfree
02-13-2014, 10:00 AM
Ems, congrats! I know it can get frustrating, because I am living it too. I have been switching up my IP foods and veggies this week. No change so far. I am going to discuss it with a coach on Sat. I am having Big C issues (smooth move this weekend) and am retaining water. Think I am going to head to the dr. to have some blood work done. I just keep telling myself that goal is the destination, it just may take longer to get there.

tbc85
02-13-2014, 10:03 AM
Good morning everyone!! Had a great weigh-in last night and another 4lbs down!! This reboot seems to be going better than my first time around :)

Allend428
02-13-2014, 10:11 AM
Good morning everyone. More snow again today and schools closed again. Between the snow the sub zero temps and water crisis our kids are never going to learn or retain anything or be able to finish out the school year. Very frustrating as a parent. Anyway off my soap box. Everyone have a good day.

ems70508
02-13-2014, 10:19 AM
slipfree i feel ya. i've been closely monitoring all of my changes (eating and non eating) these past few weeks.

2 weeks ago, I added more intense classes to my workout routine. I added a packet but it was an alt (eas carb control shake or a quest bar(which would be my 1 restricted that day)) and I maintained

the next week (this past week, weigh in was today) I eliminated the heavier workout classes and stuck to yoga. I did pilates last night and LOVED it. I do not need an additional packet with those classes, which im cool with. BUT i loved quest bars so much that i eliminated my IP restricted and was eating a quest bar instead. It's so much more filling. I lost 1 pound this week doing this.

I think I'm going to eliminate my quest bars and stick with all IP products and only do yoga/pilates. I think I just overwelmed myself with confidence. Which can be good and bad. Hear me on this though, alternatives are not bad. I think they are a great option. I just know that it was something I changed about my diet and when I did change it, I noticed my weight loss slow down. That's all. So as of today I'm back on all IP product and hope this next week goes great.

I'm looking at cleanses as well. Also looking at switching to an actual coach. not someone who just takes my money. oh and 23 weeks in asks me what my goal is. My cousin went to a spa here in town who has an amazing coach. tricky thing is that the spa doesn't open until after an hour i've been at work! I really don't want to go at lunch or dinner because it'll be so different with water intake. I guess it'll just be that first week that'll be different. Also had a thought of going when they open and working through lunch that day, to get my hour back. It's not worth driving to my office then back to WI, then back to the office. too far. I'll talk to my boss, she did IP. Hopefully she understands!

ssubert
02-13-2014, 10:19 AM
HI all,
I started IP in Dec (197lbs) and initial goal set at 163.
At WI on Monday, coach had me weigh on fancy scale that is supposed to measure fat percentage. Don't know how you can do that without a dunk tank, but okay. She wants me to get down to 154 or 30% fat.

I cant' stay on P1 that long.
1) the cost--my husband doesn't know what this is costing but I do.
2) I just know that I can't stay OP for another 20 pounds, not without a break.

So here's what we've agreed on.
I will stay OP, no binging, for 4 more weeks. That should bring me down to upper 160s. Then I will phase off.
See what happens...

ssubert
02-13-2014, 10:26 AM
I got box of Atkins bars because I needed something easy to carry and was out of IP bars
I ate one and then immediately "needed" to eat the whole box.
Then I ate everything else that wasn't nailed down.
No more sugar alcohols for me.

Took me two days to get back on track. For me, those are dangerous.

lisa32989
02-13-2014, 10:31 AM
HI all,
I started IP in Dec (197lbs) and initial goal set at 163.
At WI on Monday, coach had me weigh on fancy scale that is supposed to measure fat percentage. Don't know how you can do that without a dunk tank, but okay. She wants me to get down to 154 or 30% fat.

I cant' stay on P1 that long.
1) the cost--my husband doesn't know what this is costing but I do.
2) I just know that I can't stay OP for another 20 pounds, not without a break.

So here's what we've agreed on.
I will stay OP, no binging, for 4 more weeks. That should bring me down to upper 160s. Then I will phase off.
See what happens...
I think it is interesting to hear that some clinics "set" goal weights.
My coach told me my goal weight was totally up to me (as long as it was within a healthy range)

Slipfree
02-13-2014, 10:37 AM
Ssubert, my goal was changed too. Not sure if it is realistic, but I do think it is a healthier weight.

Ems, does the spa do Sat. Mornings? I switched early on, to Sat., because I would not eat or drink enough when I weighed in after work. I am doing complete IP, because I have to watch my sodium. I found that EAS shakes and quest bars have higher sodium levels than my IP choices. I do think quest bars will be helpful to me in maintenance, because I am really not a morning eater.
I also got the BBQ soy chips and love them!

schenectady
02-13-2014, 10:40 AM

Nolasmurf: First, congratulations on the loss, particularly when things are trying! Hang in there.
Sorry to hear you are still dealing with the personal issues - those are the sort of things which tend to derail me the easiest. I have always been thrown when facing personal issues and married to a non communicative male hasn't helped.

My secondary goal with IP is to NOT deal with these sorts of issues by eating - a big challenge.

Sending good thoughts and hugs your way with support to stay OP if possible.

ems70508
02-13-2014, 10:46 AM
slipfree, sadly..she only does MWF 9-5. I work 8-5. My WI now is 7:30 AM. I go barely dressed and on an empty stomach. I know if I started going at lunch, it would only take a week to 'calibrate' to going at lunch. I just have a case of the don't wants and not that big on changes like this. So I just need to talk to my boss about scheduling...

jendilly
02-13-2014, 10:49 AM
Good Morning! I'll be heading in for my WI in a couple of hours. Really hoping it goes much smoother than last week, when I left in near tears. The new/old coach just is not very personable and warm like the one we had before, but I know that I need to have a positive attitude to help myself. I'm going to ask her about the bbq crisps, too...and hoping I get a better, more knowledgeable answer about them. :) Also hoping the scale has moved a bit downwards. I feel a little bloated right now, so we will just see.

calee
02-13-2014, 10:55 AM
Good Morning,
I have a question. I would like to shed 14 pounds. The start up cost of IP at a clinic is prohibitive on top of my monthly Pilates Studio. At 63 I really need the Pilates for balance and flexibility. I work a desk job and it helps keep arthritis at bay.

Can I be successful if I stick to plan using Nashua products. I'm good at following a plan without cheating. I exercise 30-90 minutes daily. The 30 is my walk to work and I do pilates reformer 4-5x a week for an hour. Then walk a 5k most Saturday and sunday.

Also, it feels like I'm getting a lot if sodium retaining fluids.

Thanks so much for any help!

ReenHag
02-13-2014, 11:00 AM
Good IP morning! Been up early with my son (more inservice days - not a sick day or snow day thank goodness!). I finally feel like the stomach bug is gone (since late afternoon yesterday actually) and was happy to add back my IP food & some meat last night. My DH has the crud now so it's still out there but hopefully gone soon!! I had a very good visit with my coach yesterday. After listening to some of the coach stories here, I'm very happy to have such a good one and one who is there for more than just pushing packets!!

We are going to have some warmer weather over the next few days so that is also a great thing!! Happy Thursday, everyone!

Morning! Glad you are feeling better! (Sorry your DH is not.) enjoy your warmer weather. :D

Congrats on your loss! I hope your struggles come to an end soon. :hug:

Good morning!

Weigh in 31, another 2.2 lbs gone, bringing me exactly 20 lbs from goal!

As if that wasn't good enough, I decided to try on some brand new pants I have that I bought on my first journey with IP and never made it into them... They fit!!

Wow, congrats on the WI and the NSV! It is awesome fitting into those clothes that have been lurking in the closet.

Good morning everyone!! Had a great weigh-in last night and another 4lbs down!! This reboot seems to be going better than my first time around :)

Congrats! Nice loss!

nola, congrats! and happy thoughts your way. susie, you amaze me.

interesting fact of the day: the owner of my clinic (he's the chiropractor and successfully done IP) weighed me in this AM. For this first time in my journey, someone at the clinic asked me what my goal weight was! Lost 1lb this AM and 2" in my waist. I'm happy with the loss. obviously wish for more. I think I need to switch up my foods.

In other news! I bought a box of unrestricted BBQ crisps! delishhh

Glad you had a good WI!

Good Morning! I'll be heading in for my WI in a couple of hours. Really hoping it goes much smoother than last week, when I left in near tears. The new/old coach just is not very personable and warm like the one we had before, but I know that I need to have a positive attitude to help myself. I'm going to ask her about the bbq crisps, too...and hoping I get a better, more knowledgeable answer about them. :) Also hoping the scale has moved a bit downwards. I feel a little bloated right now, so we will just see.

Good luck on your weigh in. Sending positive vibes your way!

~Renee

Slipfree
02-13-2014, 11:04 AM
Cale,

A lot of people have a great deal of success on alternatives. Look at ShrinkingSusie's profile, she is using alternatives. With that said, if you are sensitive to sodium, it is vital to read the labels prior to ordering. I made that mistake with a few alternative products. This site has exactly what you will need to mimic the IP protocol. Good luck!

Bellamack
02-13-2014, 11:04 AM
I will tell you that I lost the same ( average per week) using alternatives as the IP products AND I was at a lower weight when I used the alternatives. When people's weight loss slows down, it usually isn't the product, but a body adjustment, like getting closer to an ideal weight, PMS, TOM, the "C", stress or too much sodium. So YES, use the alternatives, they are fine.

Cold & snowy againg today, but at least it wasn't -17, like yesterday.

Got beautiful, Red Roses, white lilies & red carnations delivered from hubby a few minutes ago :) He always thanks me for having our beautiful daughter on Valentines Day. I can't believe she will be 30 tomorrow, time flies.

Great losses everyone. 3 days ago, I weighed 3 pounds less than today, really? We shall see what WI tomorrow is. Stay Warm :)

IntheEvening
02-13-2014, 11:05 AM
I've become scale obsessed, I weigh everyday. My WI are on Saturdays and I haven't gone down in weigh since last Saturday. I have been spotting, seems odd to me and think this might be the culprit. But, I'm just so uncertain. I did eat jicama for the first time. Could it be that?

ems70508
02-13-2014, 11:08 AM
I will tell you that I lost the same ( average per week) using alternatives as the IP products AND I was at a lower weight when I used the alternatives. When people's weight loss slows down, it usually isn't the product, but a body adjustment, like getting closer to an ideal weight, PMS, TOM, the "C", stress or too much sodium. So YES, use the alternatives, they are fine.

Interesting point. I had assumed my switch was my culprit but I'll have to monitor other things as well.

IdealProteinNewbie
02-13-2014, 11:15 AM
ems: I was going to say the same thing.

In all honesty, one week is not long enough to determine if the Quest bars were what was slowing your loss down. I've been on the boards long enough to know that many, many factors go into weight loss.

Natural body fluctuations and hormonal factors come into play. I've used all IP products for awhile, then switched to using 2 non-restricted IP's per day along with a Quest bar as my daily restricted and my losses stayed the same.

Do what you're comfortable with but I don't think your 1 pound loss was due to the Quest bars. Keep up the great work!

ems70508
02-13-2014, 11:21 AM
IPN you're so right. I guess I'm just looking for an answer as to why it slowed. I should accept the loss for it being a loss!

Have you lost 109lbs all on IP? If so, I would call you more than a 'newbie'!!!

IdealProteinNewbie
02-13-2014, 11:39 AM
IPN you're so right. I guess I'm just looking for an answer as to why it slowed. I should accept the loss for it being a loss!

Have you lost 109lbs all on IP? If so, I would call you more than a 'newbie'!!!

Yes, all on IP.

You're right, I guess I'm no longer a 'newbie'!

susanlucat
02-13-2014, 12:01 PM
So I just finished my first week yesterday. . I was very excited to know I lost 5 lbs but then my couch said im not in fat burning mood and ask if I had eaten a carb but I havent cheated at all not even q piece of gum!!! I felt as if he hurried me out can someone tell me why im not in fat burning mood and what doea that mean?? Thanks in advance

brelo
02-13-2014, 12:40 PM
So I just finished my first week yesterday. . I was very excited to know I lost 5 lbs but then my couch said im not in fat burning mood and ask if I had eaten a carb but I havent cheated at all not even q piece of gum!!! I felt as if he hurried me out can someone tell me why im not in fat burning mood and what doea that mean?? Thanks in advance

The topmost answer that comes to me is that the majority of weight loss for the first week is probably water. It takes time (the first few days of the diet) for the body to switch to calling on fat stores for energy when it is used to calling up on stored glycogen for energy. When you deplete your glycogen, a lot of stored water goes with it. Then the fat burning kicks in, and as long as you don't replenish your glycogen by eating more carbs than the plan calls for, your body will continually get it's energy from fat in what is known as ketosis.

Other than that you would have to ask him for particulars about exactly what he meant, and sorry you got hurried out.

And great, great job on the 5 pounds! You are on your way!

Ruth Ann
02-13-2014, 12:47 PM
I think it is interesting to hear that some clinics "set" goal weights.
My coach told me my goal weight was totally up to me (as long as it was within a healthy range)

My coach said the same thing Lisa. I picked 150 because I just couldn't imagine weighing that little!

I've become scale obsessed, I weigh everyday. My WI are on Saturdays and I haven't gone down in weigh since last Saturday. I have been spotting, seems odd to me and think this might be the culprit. But, I'm just so uncertain. I did eat jicama for the first time. Could it be that?

I seriously doubt the jicama has anything to do with it. Hormonal changes while on this diet are normal and it messes with your TOM sometimes. I hope your coach told you that it can also make your birth control less effective so use a back up method if you'd rather not get pregnant.

And, if the scale is going to stress you out then quit weighing everyday and just use your weekly weigh in. There are a ton of reasons your weight won't go down for a few days - your body playing "catch up": TOM ; sodium intake; stress; the Big C; etc., etc. Just stick to the plan and the weight will come off.

I think your coach is talking about ketosis when he talks about fat burning mode. Did he test for ketosis? Seriously, if you are sticking to the sheet you will get into ketosis. You might call or email your coach and ask him - you are paying a lot of money for his coaching and he should be taking the time with you to make sure you are informed (although the people here many times are much more informed than the coaches!).

IntheEvening
02-13-2014, 12:54 PM
I seriously doubt the jicama has anything to do with it. Hormonal changes while on this diet are normal and it messes with your TOM sometimes. I hope your coach told you that it can also make your birth control less effective so use a back up method if you'd rather not get pregnant.

And, if the scale is going to stress you out then quit weighing everyday and just use your weekly weigh in. There are a ton of reasons your weight won't go down for a few days - your body playing "catch up": TOM ; sodium intake; stress; the Big C; etc., etc. Just stick to the plan and the weight will come off.

I keep forget how important the measuring tape is too! Thanks for the info and reassurance. This is the longest I have gone without cheating too. :D Feel good!

IPMaryD
02-13-2014, 01:03 PM
Susanlucat-- I had the same experience and was told to eat a 4th packet to add more protein. It did get better the following week and my 3rd weigh in was cancelled today because of the Snow... I'll be going Saturday. I have 139lbs of lean mass and apparently about 105 is average for a lady-- I don't mind loosing some of my lean mass as long as I loose fat too-- I was an aggressive college athlete and I don't need to bench press or squat more than everyone any more :) Good luck, stick to the plan. It will pay off there are so many success stories around here.

IdealProteinNewbie
02-13-2014, 01:11 PM
Susanlucat-- I had the same experience and was told to eat a 4th packet to add more protein. It did get better the following week and my 3rd weigh in was cancelled today because of the Snow... I'll be going Saturday. I have 139lbs of lean mass and apparently about 105 is average for a lady-- I don't mind loosing some of my lean mass as long as I loose fat too-- I was an aggressive college athlete and I don't need to bench press or squat more than everyone any more :) Good luck, stick to the plan. It will pay off there are so many success stories around here.

Just remember, those devices are not accurate.

Also, you wouldn't want to lose muscle because it burns more calories than fat so you'll want to keep your muscle for maintenance!

Tigerlvr52
02-13-2014, 01:22 PM
Had a great evening last night reviewing the plan with a good friend of mine and to make an action plan for us to stay on track. Made a fantastic dinner of crispy chicken tenders and some pasta with rotini and red pepper sauce. Pretty dang good I say. I have enough for dinner tonight with some other type of protein that my DH can make me. I am getting a cortisone shot in my wrist this afternoon and hope that helps my issues out so i will be relying on dh to cook and take care of baby.

lisa32989
02-13-2014, 01:23 PM
Interesting point. I had assumed my switch was my culprit but I'll have to monitor other things as well.
IP products have no magic. Alts are just as good, no matter what IP will tell you :)
The factors for slowdowns over any given week are too numerous to count or to measure

Remember that lean mass is EVERYTHING except fat: bone, ligaments, tendons, blood, blood vessels, water, muscle, internal organs, skin, everything! You will lose some lean mass. We don't need as much hydration or skin as we shrink, nor do we need some of the smaller blood vessels.

But...those bioimedence scales only estimate. They have no way of accurately measuring fat, hydration, lean mass. View the info with a grain of salt.

brelo
02-13-2014, 01:24 PM
Thanks for posting everyone. I am here for my daily dose of encouragement and this site never lets me down!

I have been wanting to write a little about my "story" over the past few months but just haven't gotten around to it so I am going to get to it now. Partly to share my experience hoping it might help someone and partly because writing to me is very therapeutic. I hope in advance it isn't too long, but it might be!

So, back in September I decided to go on vacation to a fitness resort in Utah, mainly to meet up with old friends there as a reunion. They (the resort) supply a very healthy diet so I was going to take a planned break from IP which would last about 2 weeks and which I felt wouldn't derail me.

When I returned from my vacation I hadn't had a WI at the clinic in so long that I decided to make a break from them and switch to alternatives. I stuck like glue and continued to lose about 5 more pounds and was doing quite well.

I am going to try and summarize what happened next. I think I became a little confident and started having little cheats. Pretty soon, I was on plan 90% and still losing, then I drifted down to 80% and was still doing well. The percentage started to slip little by little, and although I quit losing weight, I was not gaining weight either. I decided I was okay with that (A bad bad move in hindsight) More time goes by and I start to realize for sure I am out of ketosis because the scale is showing a gain of 5 to 10 pounds, but I reason it's only water weight with the increased carb intake, right? It's not fat! But with being out of ketosis, you guessed it, my carb addiction is FULL BLOWN out of control. You know, the kind of addiction where it's 8:30 pm, its very cold outside, the weather and roads are horrible, you aren't hungry, yet you want to go thru some drive through somewhere.

So, without needing to give too many more details, you have probably by now guessed I made it down to 0%! (The only remaining quality I had from my IP diet is I still ate all of my vegetables!) By this time I know, I have to have my coach back and the accountability of a WI.

My WI at the clinic 3 weeks ago showed I had gained back 19 pounds! All I could say was, okay, I stopped this trend, get going again! The most productive thing I can do is to take this as a wonderful learning experience and move forward. I learned that I need to prepare for maintenance when the time comes. I learned that my obesity, at whatever weight I am, will always be a chronic issue that I will need to manage. In spite of all the talk about your pancreas being reset which I don't totally understand, mine will always be broken!

Wow, I am a slow typer! I need to run off so I will have to come back later as I have a little more I would like to say but I just wanted to put this out there as an encouragement to everyone to keep going, and that goofing around a little can (and might) go south very fast!

Thank you for listening and have a great OP IP day!

lisa32989
02-13-2014, 01:33 PM
brelo: Thanks so much for sharing your story.
When I read stories like this, I know why I believe as I do.

It is so easy to get off track! I have a lifetime of eating badly, using food as a "substance", and being overweight, and losing/regaining to combat. Now I get to plan for continued health and wellness.

This is why I made the choices I made on IP and why I want to make sure newcomers know how to follow the plan. Straying too far just makes everything harder!

dak1lls
02-13-2014, 01:51 PM
As always, good advice Lisa! Stashed packets have saved my behind more than once when I've forgotten the planned ones. Or when I poured an entire packet of wildberry yogurt mix on my pants. :dizzy:

Hooray for good coaches! I'm lucky too - my coach is awesome too. It really helps.

Yeah for the scale going down!

OMG! You are 3 lbs from your goal! Amazing! WTG!!!!:carrot:

Ruth Ann
02-13-2014, 01:57 PM
OMG! You are 3 lbs from your goal! Amazing! WTG!!!!:carrot:

Thanks dak! I am pretty amazed myself!

I'm hoping to make it to 150 before our anniversary weekend the end of this month!

Tigerlvr52
02-13-2014, 02:23 PM
And since I come here for encouragement as well as accountability, and a hand slapping every once in a while. I let my mind wander and ate 4 Fritos before I knew it. I don't know why I did it... literally i was half way swallowing them and then freaked out. That is how i got in the position I am in. I didn't eat thousands of calories a day to get to this weight... i was lucky to make over a thousand on most days... but i either didn't eat or absentmindedly munched...

Ok confession over. Water drunk... on to the next meal.

sarahBell
02-13-2014, 02:50 PM
I have felt lighter today. I am doing a 7 day rapid detox. I started Monday. I had no idea how long it takes to start to feel it working. I thought by Tuesday afternoon this is not going to work. BUT by Tuesday evening it started to work and then Wed and today. I am drinking all my water (I always do I guess) BUT this has helped with the big "C" . I no longer have that LOL. My body just feels "clean" and this is day 4.
My scale did not move too much which is fine, I WI tomorrow, BUT the fact that I feel "clean" I do not want to go in and dirty up my clean self again. So I am going to try hard as rain to keep it clean eating for me.

Maybe this is the push I need to behave on this diet LOL.

jendilly
02-13-2014, 02:50 PM
Just came back from my WI. I lost 3.8 pounds this week, which feels pretty darn good. Lost a few inches, an inch from my hips, but not a lot there...the new coach still measures kind of weird. At least compared to before. Also, she did say that for sure I can't buy individual packets anymore. Kind of bummed about that since I've been doing it all along. I don't want to eat the same 3 things everyday, so I ended up buying 5 boxes (especially with traveling this week). I'll continue to buy extras to "stock up" and allow for some variety. She did say that I could bring in extra packets I don't want and trade for individual ones she has...which is A LOT. Crazy that you just can't do it that way. Create your own menu each week. I get the whole "FDA" thing, just annoying. Oh...and she did order the BBQ Soy Crisps and they are supposed to be in later today, so I'll go back and get those when they're in. Funny...she knew nothing about them when I asked her this week, but all of a sudden she has them coming.

Anyway...doing a happy dance since I busted through the "20 pound lost" mark after hovering around it for the last few weeks. :carrot:

Have a GREAT day everyone!!

sarahBell
02-13-2014, 03:00 PM
Just came back from my WI. I lost 3.8 pounds this week, which feels pretty darn good. Lost a few inches, an inch from my hips, but not a lot there...the new coach still measures kind of weird. At least compared to before. Also, she did say that for sure I can't buy individual packets anymore. Kind of bummed about that since I've been doing it all along. I don't want to eat the same 3 things everyday, so I ended up buying 5 boxes (especially with traveling this week). I'll continue to buy extras to "stock up" and allow for some variety. She did say that I could bring in extra packets I don't want and trade for individual ones she has...which is A LOT. Crazy that you just can't do it that way. Create your own menu each week. I get the whole "FDA" thing, just annoying. Oh...and she did order the BBQ Soy Crisps and they are supposed to be in later today, so I'll go back and get those when they're in. Funny...she knew nothing about them when I asked her this week, but all of a sudden she has them coming.

Anyway...doing a happy dance since I busted through the "20 pound lost" mark after hovering around it for the last few weeks. :carrot:

Have a GREAT day everyone!!

Congrats on the loss!!!! :broc:

I do not have a center but buying the stuff boxes at a times is a little odd. If you buy something and don't like it you are stuck- unless you can trade with another IPer at the center or here on line :^:

jendilly
02-13-2014, 03:14 PM
Congrats on the loss!!!! :broc:

I do not have a center but buying the stuff boxes at a times is a little odd. If you buy something and don't like it you are stuck- unless you can trade with another IPer at the center or here on line :^:

Well, if I don't like something or end up with more than I want of anything, I can take the packets in and trade them for other packets that she has there. I know odd...but she said it's part of the FDA Regulation that they aren't marked for individual sale so they aren't allowed. She checked with the Chiro there, the regional director and then someone even above them and they all said that it's not to be done. Oh well. I'll figure it out...just will have to buy lots to stock up. I bought a box of the pineapple/banana drink mix to take on my trip, but I prefer to "eat" my meals instead of just drink them. So, if after my trip I have 3 or 4 left and don't want them, I'll just take them in and get some other things. Or keep them for a later trip.

ColoradoCarol
02-13-2014, 03:17 PM
My clinic only sells whole boxes (except when you sign up you get a sample bag).

The clinic my friend works at in GA (she also went there before she worked there as a client) only sells entire boxes.

I haven't asked about trading in, but I am very skeptical about trying new ones if I haven't tried them because like you said, you're stuck with a box and let's face it $30/box (that is what I pay) is too much to get stuck with something you don't like and won't use.

sarahBell
02-13-2014, 03:19 PM
Well, if I don't like something or end up with more than I want of anything, I can take the packets in and trade them for other packets that she has there. I know odd...but she said it's part of the FDA Regulation that they aren't marked for individual sale so they aren't allowed. She checked with the Chiro there, the regional director and then someone even above them and they all said that it's not to be done. Oh well. I'll figure it out...just will have to buy lots to stock up. I bought a box of the pineapple/banana drink mix to take on my trip, but I prefer to "eat" my meals instead of just drink them. So, if after my trip I have 3 or 4 left and don't want them, I'll just take them in and get some other things. Or keep them for a later trip.

Start a "swap" meet with fellow IPers in the area! So those who get stuck with stuff they do not like maybe able to trade with some one who likes it!

IPMaryD
02-13-2014, 03:33 PM
Hi ALL,

I am starting to make myself crazy. Its a snow day, I usually would be baking all the bad stuff, organizing the pantry, and cooking all day. I have a crock pot cooking, made IP Potato rolls and pudding muffins and roasted and cut up a ton of veggies... It's only 3:30. I don't want to clean, day time tv stinks.... DH is working in our office. This is my first chance to be bored since joining and man to I want to eat. I recognize I am not even hungry but my mind thinks snowday= treat yourself. Any ideas?!

sarahBell
02-13-2014, 03:38 PM
Hi ALL,

I am starting to make myself crazy. Its a snow day, I usually would be baking all the bad stuff, organizing the pantry, and cooking all day. I have a crock pot cooking, made IP Potato rolls and pudding muffins and roasted and cut up a ton of veggies... It's only 3:30. I don't want to clean, day time tv stinks.... DH is working in our office. This is my first chance to be bored since joining and man to I want to eat. I recognize I am not even hungry but my mind thinks snowday= treat yourself. Any ideas?!

Chew Gum?

Hawaii69
02-13-2014, 03:53 PM
Hi ALL,

Drink a big cup of your favourite herb tea? Write out your goals and rewards along your weight loss journey? Just a couple suggestions, hope it helps you! It always helps me!

IPMaryD
02-13-2014, 03:59 PM
Thanks!! I will start writing, I hadn't thought of that!

jendilly
02-13-2014, 04:08 PM
Start a "swap" meet with fellow IPers in the area! So those who get stuck with stuff they do not like maybe able to trade with some one who likes it!

I can swap at my clinic for other packets. I can't BUY individual packets, I must get a whole box. But if I don't like something or have too many of one kind, I can SWAP for individuals. I'm just used to buying 21 packets when I go in, not 3 boxes. She has quite the stash of individual packets though. So, if I don't want 3 of my drink packets after this next week, I can take those 3 in and pick 3 other things out of her swap box. Just an adjustment.

Are those of you in the US at other clinics allowed to buy individual packets, or just boxes.

ems70508
02-13-2014, 04:18 PM
My clinic has this big set up of drawers that are labeled puddings, bars, crisps, drinks, etc. I think they have enough client base to do this though. They've always done it this way. You can buy the boxes but I think they think it's normal to mix and match. You can bring them anypackets, even if you didn't buy them from them originally (as long as they are not expired). I have friends/family that give me packets bc they quit so i'll run by my clinic and exchange for things I like.... seems to be one of the few clinics run this way...

jendilly
02-13-2014, 04:19 PM
My clinic has this big set up of drawers that are labeled puddings, bars, crisps, drinks, etc. I think they have enough client base to do this though. They've always done it this way. You can buy the boxes but I think they think it's normal to mix and match. You can bring them anypackets, even if you didn't buy them from them originally (as long as they are not expired). I have friends/family that give me packets bc they quit so i'll run by my clinic and exchange for things I like.... seems to be one of the few clinics run this way...

That's the way it should be. I know of other clinics that do it that way. May need to find a different clinic nearby if it ends up bugging me too much. This one is the closest. Probably not going to be that big of a deal...just bummed that it was switched.

ems70508
02-13-2014, 04:29 PM
I would check it out. Im looking at another clinic for coaching reasons. I know they mix and match, not sure about the returning process.

lgg64
02-13-2014, 05:37 PM
Is there any truth to blending our IP drinks in a blender/bullet destroys the protein... I recently read that somewhere .... I love adding spinach and a splash of lime juice with some IP sea salt to the Mango IP drink... but I won't continue to do this if I'm destroying the protein?!? Thanks in advance.

JLUS
02-13-2014, 06:21 PM
My clinic also sells individual packets and lets you trade... Truly a wonderful thing for the clients!

lisa32989
02-13-2014, 07:06 PM
Is there any truth to blending our IP drinks in a blender/bullet destroys the protein... I recently read that somewhere .... I love adding spinach and a splash of lime juice with some IP sea salt to the Mango IP drink... but I won't continue to do this if I'm destroying the protein?!? Thanks in advance.

Lots of well respected clinics post recipes to blend and IP has videos about blending. I think it is bunk

lgg64
02-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Thanks lisa32989 - I think you're right!

RosiePosie101
02-13-2014, 08:52 PM
Evening everyone. Just thought I'd let you all know that I got so distracted reading the daily chat that I forgot about my vegies roasting in the oven and ended up burning them. Oh well, luckily I'm not a picky eater (probably why I'm on IP - LOL) and I still ate them! With some seasoning on them, they actually ended up being pretty good.

My clinic will only let us purchase full boxes but in my first week of purchasing, I bought some extra boxes to give me some variety. And now there are some girls doing IP in my office and we swapped some packets recently. Good to be able to try something I probably wouldn't have purchased a full box of on my own.

lisa32989
02-14-2014, 05:33 AM
Good morning everyone

From Beck Diet Solution
Sabotaging Thought: It’s not fair I can’t eat normally like everyone else.

Response: I have to redefine my definition of “normal” eating. In fact, I am eating 100% normally for someone of my age and my gender with my weight loss goals.

Vippysue
02-14-2014, 05:46 AM
I can swap at my clinic for other packets. I can't BUY individual packets, I must get a whole box. But if I don't like something or have too many of one kind, I can SWAP for individuals. I'm just used to buying 21 packets when I go in, not 3 boxes. She has quite the stash of individual packets though. So, if I don't want 3 of my drink packets after this next week, I can take those 3 in and pick 3 other things out of her swap box. Just an adjustment.

Are those of you in the US at other clinics allowed to buy individual packets, or just boxes.

Just boxes.

Vippysue
02-14-2014, 06:03 AM

I brought that up because I was told that at the clinic I buy my food from. The doctors there were trained directly by The Developer of the Protein Protocol - Dr. Tran Tien Chanh. I plan on asking more questions next time I go in. I think it's funny how we don't believe things we don't want to believe.....With that being said, I am still blending until I get further clarification. I have a science background...I want the evidence. They had to come up with it somewhere...was it the Developer that said it? I need to understand why I am not to blend...and bottom line, will it make a difference in my weight loss. So it begs the question, if I'm not doing what my coach told me, am I 100% OP? :)

lisa32989
02-14-2014, 06:09 AM
On this forum we have seen so many erroneous things coaches have said that a lot of us are very skeptical when someone comes in with new info from a coach. It has nothing to do with believing what we want to believe. And in this case, with evidence to the contrary (IP videos and recipes from their chef suggest blending), I'm especially skeptical.

Vippysue
02-14-2014, 06:47 AM
Yes, I too, am skeptical. I did not want to believe it because I do not want to stop blending. Proteins are very large molecules and I could see where blending could "mess them up a bit", but if it does not effect weight loss, what difference does it make? I'm just curious now of the rational behind the original statement...and honestly, I don't know even if they convince me otherwise, that I will stop blending....It makes some things just far more palatable to me.

drd1961
02-14-2014, 06:47 AM
Good morning! Today will be interesting. I took the day off from work because I am in a singing group that people hire to send singing Valentines. These are usually a surprise, so it will be fun. I luckily have a break between 12-1:30 which will allow a break for a healthy lunch. Weigh in is later today, and it is slow going. My scale shows about .5 off from last week, but by the end of the day, you never know. It will come as I keep working it.

lisa32989
02-14-2014, 07:24 AM
Good morning! Today will be interesting. I took the day off from work because I am in a singing group that people hire to send singing Valentines. These are usually a surprise, so it will be fun. I luckily have a break between 12-1:30 which will allow a break for a healthy lunch. Weigh in is later today, and it is slow going. My scale shows about .5 off from last week, but by the end of the day, you never know. It will come as I keep working it.

With that attitude, it sure will! How refreshing to see a positive attitude no matter what the scale says :). Congrats!!!!

sasyblond401
02-14-2014, 07:46 AM
Hi I have joined a group where we meet once a week. I would tell you but
I dont now if fI can tell the nonprofet that holds it .I pay $28.00 for a year..
It really has help me lose weight. We get weighed every meeting, once a week......................If you want the name of it send me a private message and will say what it is. It is a a national weight loss diet loss program..

I have some new friends there.also.
And my mate gave me flowers for Valentines......Day.

ps- I beleive I will lose my weight.finally

hugs, caren

sarahBell
02-14-2014, 07:53 AM
Good Morning!

Happy Valentines day :)

I am down 2.9 lbs! which is awesome! :broc:

JLUS
02-14-2014, 07:58 AM
Good Morning!

Awesome SarahBell - keep up your commitment NO MATTER WHAT!

shrinkingsusie
02-14-2014, 08:57 AM
Good morning and happy valentines day!

ReenHag
02-14-2014, 09:00 AM
Good korning, everyone, and Happy Valentine's Day! :val1::val1::val1:

Home for another snow day, so I will get some grading and planning done. Hubby spent yesterday cooking (after shoveling and snow blowing), so we have tons of IP foods to last the long weekend- pot roast, shrimp salad, IP friendly chili, baked chicken, and toms of veggies! Yum!

Good morning everyone

From Beck Diet Solution

Response: I have to redefine my definition of “normal” eating. In fact, I am eating 100% normally for someone of my age and my gender with my weight loss goals.

Love this! And, as we know, what many consider a "normal" diet is actually quite unhealthy. I know I will have some struggles in maintenance; some trigger foods will not be able to be in the house, but I certainly cannot see myself even WANTING certain things, like soda (diet or otherwise).

Good Morning!

Congrats! And happy Valentine's Day to you!

Enjoy your day. Sounds fun! Best of luck on your WI! You are definitely moving in the right direction!

ColoradoCarol
02-14-2014, 09:17 AM
Good morning everyone

From Beck Diet Solution

Lisa, great quote. It's funny, I haven't been saying that to myself as much on IP as I have in the past on other diets. It is nice.

nolasmurf
02-14-2014, 09:20 AM
Morning all. Personal issues are moving in the right direction. It's going to take along time to get back to "normal" but I'm willing to do want I need to do to fix it. Much like the journey of losing weight I guess.

I don't do valentines day except for the kiddos. I don't need you to lavish me one day a year when I know you love me the other 364. But for those that do happy valentines day!

The NBA All Star event is taking place this weekend here in NOLA, I'm bracing myself for ridiculous traffic and drama. I packed an extra bag with food and vitamins for work. Got plenty of stuff I can eat on the fly. No bad choices this weekend!

I probably won't get time to post again until Monday, so have a great weekend ya'll!

ColoradoCarol
02-14-2014, 09:25 AM
Good morning everyone!! Happy Valentine's Day.

I experienced something yesterday/last night that I hadn't experienced in quite some time on IP (I can't remember if I ever have). I was SO HUNGRY last night. It wasn't cravings, it was hunger. So, I did something I haven't ever done, I had an extra packet. Now this morning, I have a horrible headache (I don't think they are related, maybe they are). I haven't figured out why I was so hungry. It isn't TOM or anything.

I don't like that I had an extra packet, but it seemed the only thing to do. I had eaten all my other food for the day and hot tea didn't work.

So, back on the horse today. I don't think one extra packet will hurt me too much, but it won't happen again!!!

I hope the headache goes away quickly, I have a report to write at work and don't have time to be sidelined by a headache which makes it difficult to concentrate.

Happy Friday of a 3 day weekend. Beautiful in Colorado this weekend, temps in the 60's!!

ColoradoCarol
02-14-2014, 09:26 AM
Morning all. Personal issues are moving in the right direction. It's going to take along time to get back to "normal" but I'm willing to do want I need to do to fix it. Much like the journey of losing weight I guess.

I don't do valentines day except for the kiddos. I don't need you to lavish me one day a year when I know you love me the other 364. But for those that do happy valentines day!

The NBA All Star event is taking place this weekend here in NOLA, I'm bracing myself for ridiculous traffic and drama. I packed an extra bag with food and vitamins for work. Got plenty of stuff I can eat on the fly. No bad choices this weekend!

I probably won't get time to post again until Monday, so have a great weekend ya'll!

Nolasmurf - glad things are moving in the right direction. I'll bet it is going to be crazy there this weekend, good luck.

stephascope
02-14-2014, 09:51 AM

I experienced something yesterday/last night that I hadn't experienced in quite some time on IP (I can't remember if I ever have). I was SO HUNGRY last night. It wasn't cravings, it was hunger. So, I did something I haven't ever done, I had an extra packet. Now this morning, I have a horrible headache (I don't think they are related, maybe they are). I haven't figured out why I was so hungry. It isn't TOM or anything.

I don't like that I had an extra packet, but it seemed the only thing to do. I had eaten all my other food for the day and hot tea didn't work.

So, back on the horse today. I don't think one extra packet will hurt me too much, but it won't happen again!!!

I hope the headache goes away quickly, I have a report to write at work and don't have time to be sidelined by a headache which makes it difficult to concentrate.

Happy Friday of a 3 day weekend. Beautiful in Colorado this weekend, temps in the 60's!!

You did the right thing. You are an IP veteran and of course know when you are actually hungry vs. craving. The extra packet was probably only around 100 calories and had the protein you needed. ;)

JLUS
02-14-2014, 09:53 AM

You did fine! No worries needed.

blondie739
02-14-2014, 10:28 AM
I am almost done with my sixth week of IP and I just have to express a little but of gratitude. I started at a size 20 which was very tight. I have had four kids and never lost the weight from one before I had the next. I started this journey at 260 lbs and over the past few years I have never been below 235 at my lowest, and that was my wedding day!
Well I'm an ecstatic to report that not only have I lost the baby weight from my last two kids (who are 2 and 1), I have also finally surpassed 235 AND am (this) close to fitting into a size 16!
Thank you to everyone on this forum who provides me support everyday yet probably doesn't realize it cuz I hardly ever post :)

stephascope
02-14-2014, 10:37 AM
I am almost done with my sixth week of IP and I just have to express a little but of gratitude. I started at a size 20 which was very tight. I have had four kids and never lost the weight from one before I had the next. I started this journey at 260 lbs and over the past few years I have never been below 235 at my lowest, and that was my wedding day!
Well I'm an ecstatic to report that not only have I lost the baby weight from my last two kids (who are 2 and 1), I have also finally surpassed 235 AND am (this) close to fitting into a size 16!
Thank you to everyone on this forum who provides me support everyday yet probably doesn't realize it cuz I hardly ever post :)

Congratulations blondie739! Isn't the greatest gift you can give yourself? This forum is fantastic and I'm not sure I would have made it this far without it. Have a great Valentine's Day :hug:

ems70508
02-14-2014, 10:43 AM
blondie what a great accomplishment! That's incredible. Keep it up!!

I made some lemon muffins this AM. I just did egg whites and vanilla. Disappointed with how MUCH they deflated. But they were tasty! Nice change from my normal chocolate drink.

greenlillybeth
02-14-2014, 10:50 AM
Happy valentines day!!! I had eggs and veggies for dinner last night and was delighted!! I am missing chocolate a little bit on this valentines day! Has anyone tried the actual chocolate bar ip offers? My coach suggested staing away from them but I am thinking about them today!! My kids enjoyed wonderful little boxes of chocolate first thing this morning. 😍 But I weighed in today and i am down two since two days ago and that old saying plays in my head "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". Lol
Happy valentines everyone

Ruth Ann
02-14-2014, 11:17 AM

You did great Carol - I usually get extra hungry just before a big loss so keeping my fingers crossed for you! On the headache, I know you know this - but have you gotten all your salt in?

Congrats blondie -- that is outstanding!

I made some lemon muffins this AM. I just did egg whites and vanilla. Disappointed with how MUCH they deflated. But they were tasty! Nice change from my normal chocolate drink.

ems - I find if I turn off the oven when the muffins are done and leave it for 15-20 minutes they don't deflate nearly as much. You might try 1/4 tsp of baking powder in them too.

Happy valentines day!!! I had eggs and veggies for dinner last night and was delighted!! I am missing chocolate a little bit on this valentines day! Has anyone tried the actual chocolate bar ip offers? My coach suggested staing away from them but I am thinking about them today!! My kids enjoyed wonderful little boxes of chocolate first thing this morning. 😍 But I weighed in today and i am down two since two days ago and that old saying plays in my head "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels". Lol
Happy valentines everyone

greenlillybeth - my coach won't even carry the chocolate bars since she doesn't think they fit the IP profile. I ended up with a box and they were driving me nuts, playing head games with me - I was doing the "but they say IP, they must be okay" argument with myself even though just looking at the stats on them I knew I shouldn't eat them. Finally made the guys eat them just to make them go away! :D

ColoradoCarol
02-14-2014, 11:23 AM
You did the right thing. You are an IP veteran and of course know when you are actually hungry vs. craving. The extra packet was probably only around 100 calories and had the protein you needed. ;)

Thanks I appreciate it. I am a daily weigher so this morning didn't show it had impacted (yet).

You did fine! No worries needed.

Thanks, I appreciate your support.

You did great Carol - I usually get extra hungry just before a big loss so keeping my fingers crossed for you! On the headache, I know you know this - but have you gotten all your salt in?

D

Thanks Ruth Ann. I hope I have a big loss this week. I think I might have figured out the headache (and maybe the hunger) has been an extremely busy and stressful few weeks at work. I think I slept with my shoulders hunched up around my neck (as my neck hurts too). I am looking forward to a long weekend. I need to find a better way to deal with it because, work is not looking like it is going to improve any time soon. (Ineffective supervisor that has not distributed the workload evenly and half of us are extremely overburdened and the other 3 aren't).

Can stress affect your hunger? I know it isn't cravings. But will eat some salt right away (the old hand lick) and see if that helps it.

Ruth Ann
02-14-2014, 11:32 AM
Carol - for me stress definitely effects my hunger levels! But it's weird - sometimes stress makes me less hungry, sometimes more!

kontesanera
02-14-2014, 12:59 PM
I had my first weigh in today and I lost just 5.3 lbs. I did find this a little discouraging as that is what the scale showed on Monday, but I figure that for the first three days it was mostly water loss.

I have been lurking around the boards, but not posting too much, so I feel like I know some of you. It is only fitting that I introduce myself. Here we go; 38 yrs old, married mom of two, 10 year old boy and an 8 year old girl. I work as a social worker in child protection, so my job is pretty intense and high stress.

My starting weight is the highest weight that I ever had, not counting my pregnancies. I have been struggling quite a bit since turning 35, losing and gaining the same weight. However, I have never hit these numbers. I know why I did, I became careless about snacking and drinking wine on weekends, so I decided to try IP as I know some people that had a lot of success on it.

I am amazed by so many of you here on the boards and the days when I think that I it will take forever to lose the weight that I need to lose, your tickers keep me inspired.

Vippysue
02-14-2014, 01:02 PM

Awesome! Great news! You have every reason to be proud!

Wahoofan
02-14-2014, 01:14 PM
Lisa -

You mentioned making cauliflower hummus in a post last fall. Would you mind posting your recipe?

I have tried searching the web and 3FC and only came up with recipes that include tahini. The amount of carbs in tahini aren't enough to keep me from using it occasionally, but I was hoping to find a 100% version I could eat more often.

Thanks!

lisa32989
02-14-2014, 01:18 PM
There's no tahini. Just spices.
The recipe is post #97 in Recipes #4 http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4824045-post97.html

Lisa -

You mentioned making cauliflower hummus in a post last fall. Would you mind posting your recipe?

I have tried searching the web and 3FC and only came up with recipes that include tahini. The amount of carbs in tahini aren't enough to keep me from using it occasionally, but I was hoping to find a 100% version I could eat more often.

Thanks!

Bellamack
02-14-2014, 03:00 PM
Happy Valentine's day, it is my daughter ( our only child) 30th Birthday! She lives in California and we live in NY. I wish I was there with her today.

I am not going to be negative, but I get so angry at people who lose what it has taken me over a month to lose, say they are disappointed. Get Real People!

sarahBell
02-14-2014, 03:20 PM
Happy Valentine's day, it is my daughter ( our only child) 30th Birthday! She lives in California and we live in NY. I wish I was there with her today.

I am not going to be negative, but I get so angry at people who lose what it has taken me over a month to lose, say they are disappointed. Get Real People!

First off happy Birthday to your DD!!! :hat::bday2you:

Second I agree with your comment. Any amount lost is a victory! Let it be .2lbs or 7lbs every ounce counts in this game. I was happy to see I was down 2.9 this AM I was elated to see that number finally after having the worst time for over a month!!! I am celebrating that loss along with DH coming home tomorrow from dallas. PLUS my parents are coming up next Thursday and staying until sunday (DD sweet 16 party). PLUS I am in love with my new coffee maker ( is that not the most pathetic thing you have ever heard!).

All is good and congrats on your loss, every bit counts and you will reach goal <3

kontesanera
02-14-2014, 03:24 PM
I am sorry, but I meant no offense. We are all entitled to our own feelings and we all inhabit different bodies. No reason to get angry.

lisa32989
02-14-2014, 03:31 PM
We celebrate all losses here, no matter the size.

ReenHag
02-14-2014, 03:42 PM
Did some after- lunch shopping with DH at Kohl's- goal was to look for a winter coat on clearance, since mine are too big. Well, I found a coat I like, as well as three tops and two sweatshirts- all size small! Yahoo!!!

:jig::dance::jig::dance::jig:

Trying to attach a pic... Pardon the static-y, fitting room hair.

~Renee

Bellamack
02-14-2014, 03:43 PM
thank you sarabell :)

Funny about the coffee maker, it's the small things!

sarahBell
02-14-2014, 04:30 PM
thank you sarabell :)

Funny about the coffee maker, it's the small things!

my old reliable perk-alator lost its clear little bubble a few weeks ago. I has wanted a ring for our annv. BUT I founf the keurig vue on line and LOVE it!!
so yeah I am in decaf coffee heaven LOL

and renee you look so cute in you coat even with static hair!!!

IPMaryD
02-14-2014, 05:12 PM
blondie what a great accomplishment! That's incredible. Keep it up!!

EMS: I added a pinch (maybe 2 pinches) of baking powder and they held up way better! I found they were less eggy. I hope you enjoyed them all the same!

ecdcslim
02-14-2014, 05:25 PM
Did some after- lunch shopping with DH at Kohl's- goal was to look for a winter coat on clearance, since mine are too big. Well, I found a coat I like, as well as three tops and two sweatshirts- all size small! Yahoo!!!

:jig::dance::jig::dance::jig:

Trying to attach a pic... Pardon the static-y, fitting room hair.

~Renee

WOW - you look great!

jendilly
02-14-2014, 05:26 PM
I swear, the world smells like chocolate on Valentine's Day. :dizzy: I'm feeling chilly, so am sipping a hot cup of Chocolate Hazelnut decaf herbal tea. Mmmmmmm.... Went and got my hair done today and my stylist added some sassy curls when she was done. Haven't had my hair curled in a while. She noticed my weight loss and said that I looked amazing. Felt pretty darn good. Left with a bounce in my step AND in my hair. :)

My husband asked if I wanted to do anything tonight. Part of me says yes...part of me is still scared to go out. Drinks, chocolate...that was valentine's day in the past. I guess protein and veggies can still be a nice dinner out. Not sure I can take in a movie and smell all the popcorn. Might just opt for a quiet night in.

What are you all doing this evening?

trynagn
02-14-2014, 06:11 PM
I have the chocolate bar and I only use it when I'm ABSOLUTELY craving chocolate and I only have a section each time. (It's separated into 6-7 sections about an inch long each). So far I've only eaten 2 sections. But it's nice to have when you really need chocolate.

jendilly
02-14-2014, 06:33 PM
I have the chocolate bar and I only use it when I'm ABSOLUTELY craving chocolate and I only have a section each time. (It's separated into 6-7 sections about an inch long each). So far I've only eaten 2 sections. But it's nice to have when you really need chocolate.

My old coach gave me one free to try several weeks ago. The one I had (chocolate raspberry) had I believe 6 little sections. I broke one off and ate it only when I absolutely wanted chocolate. Took me weeks to eat the whole thing. Honestly, I didn't care for it. The little bits of raspberry was nice, but the chocolate itself tasted like chalk. Not something I would ever buy. Plus, I felt like I was cheating sort of eating it. Not worth it to me. Instead, I've cut up an IP bar into 8 pieces and put it into a plastic baggie and if I really want the taste of chocolate, I eat a section of that. I try to avoid doing it, since caving in to the cravings is what got me here in the first place.

ReenHag
02-14-2014, 07:10 PM
WOW - you look great!

Thanks! It was quite a timely NSV, with all the Valentine temptation around. Definitely will help me stay on track for the last few pounds!

I swear, the world smells like chocolate on Valentine's Day. :dizzy: I'm feeling chilly, so am sipping a hot cup of Chocolate Hazelnut decaf herbal tea. Mmmmmmm.... Went and got my hair done today and my stylist added some sassy curls when she was done. Haven't had my hair curled in a while. She noticed my weight loss and said that I looked amazing. Felt pretty darn good. Left with a bounce in my step AND in my hair. :)

My husband asked if I wanted to do anything tonight. Part of me says yes...part of me is still scared to go out. Drinks, chocolate...that was valentine's day in the past. I guess protein and veggies can still be a nice dinner out. Not sure I can take in a movie and smell all the popcorn. Might just opt for a quiet night in.

What are you all doing this evening?

I love your sassy curl story. What an uplifting experience!

I know what you mean about all the chocolate! DH and I had lunch at Glory Days after shoveling today (grilled chicken and double broccoli for both of us). Then we went to Kohl's and shopped. Tonight, we are having a quiet dinner in, some pot roast and various veggies. He made it yesterday, so we just had to heat it in the crock pot and enjoy, plus we'll have leftovers for the weekend! I am looking forward to a nice Italian meal out when we both phase off, and the added bonus of it NOT being the crazy, crowded evening that is Valentine's Day in any restaurant.

Have a great evening, everyone!

drd1961
02-14-2014, 07:23 PM
Slogging around in the snow storm delivering singing Valentines was great fun and must have been good for me. WI was great, down 1.5. 3.5 to go and we are starting to discuss phase 2 which will be such a relief for finances.

ReenHag
02-14-2014, 07:27 PM
Slogging around in the snow storm delivering singing Valentines was great fun and must have been good for me. WI was great, down 1.5. 3.5 to go and we are starting to discuss phase 2 which will be such a relief for finances.

Excellent! Congratulations! Also glad you enjoyed your day.

tinespeens
02-14-2014, 08:27 PM
i love seeing everyone in such a positive mood. that's why i love this forum.
i've never celebrated valentine's day, so today was just another day, but there was lots of love in the air. :)
got a lot of compliments today, and although i get a little uncomfortable at times, it's also nice to know that people are noticing a change, even when i can't see it.

literacyqueen
02-14-2014, 08:29 PM
I am starting IP diet tomorrow just realized on my list of proteins there are 4 eggs and two egg whites... not sure if it means thats what makes up a meal or is it either or.

Jenny38
02-14-2014, 08:37 PM
Happy Valentine's day!

Congrats on all the losses and NSV's.

I am looking forward to this chocolate holiday being over with. Thankfully we keep it pretty low key.

Doing much better this week, making sure I have the extra pack when exercising, down 4 lbs and 3 inches.

jendilly
02-14-2014, 08:40 PM
I am starting IP diet tomorrow just realized on my list of proteins there are 4 eggs and two egg whites... not sure if it means thats what makes up a meal or is it either or.

What that means is that 4 whole eggs, plus 2 egg whites will equal 1 8 oz portion of protein. You can break that up, too. I have a hard boiled egg on my salad almost everyday, so deduct that from my protein allowance, thus having 6 oz at dinner. But if you really like eggs and want to make a big omelette or something, you could use 4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites to make it...add in your veggies and you have a complete protein/veggie meal.

Hope that helps.

ColoradoCarol
02-14-2014, 08:42 PM

That amount - 4 whole eggs and 2 whites is the equivalent of 8oz raw protein. So that is one serving. Works really well if you are hungry and need some bulk to fill up.

Hope this helps. Congrats on starting the journey

literacyqueen
02-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Wow this is GREAT!!!! i can't wait to see changes in myself when i begin IP tomorrow

ColoradoCarol
02-14-2014, 08:43 PM
Jendilly

We replied at the same time and basically the same post. Great minds...

literacyqueen
02-14-2014, 08:45 PM
Good for you. Well Done... great results

maureen kempster
02-14-2014, 09:11 PM
good evening I had my 3rd weigh in and am down 7.2 lbs - I've lost 2" from my waist & 1" from my hips - I feel great - I'm averaging 2.4 lbs a week - I'll take it.
I've only been using 4 eggs for my protein - should I increase it to 2 egg whites?
I'm a vegetarian who doesn't like a lot of veggies - my protein is between eggs and tofu - I started making omelets and putting WF syrup on them just break up the monotony - I mix it with my vegetables.
have a good evening all - just wanted share my loss- I'm so happy with it

JLUS
02-14-2014, 09:16 PM
good evening I had my 3rd weigh in and am down 7.2 lbs - I've lost 2" from my waist & 1" from my hips - I feel great - I'm averaging 2.4 lbs a week - I'll take it.
I've only been using 4 eggs for my protein - should I increase it to 2 egg whites?
I'm a vegetarian who doesn't like a lot of veggies - my protein is between eggs and tofu - I started making omelets and putting WF syrup on them just break up the monotony - I mix it with my vegetables.
have a good evening all - just wanted share my loss- I'm so happy with it

Congrats on your losses!!

The equvelant eggs for the 8oz protein is 4 whole plus 2 whites, so you do need to equal that. But maybe you want to add a little tofu... Or maybe have a hard boiled egg in your lunch or snack, then 3 whole two whites as the omelet. You just don't want yo short yourself on the natural protein portion of your eating plan!

lizziemom
02-14-2014, 09:25 PM
Hi all
I have just completed w5 on p1! I 'very lost 17.3 but honestly thought, based on all I've read here and the amount of weight I need to lose, that I would see bigger numbers. Thankfully I am not hungry, but I am getting bored and feel emotionally deprived. I really want results! Any suggestions?:?:

Ruth Ann
02-14-2014, 09:31 PM
Hi all
I have just completed w5 on p1! I 'very lost 17.3 but honestly thought, based on all I've read here and the amount of weight I need to lose, that I would see bigger numbers. Thankfully I am not hungry, but I am getting bored and feel emotionally deprived. I really want results! Any suggestions?:?:

lizziemom - you've lost better than 3 pounds a week, that is a great loss! Just keep staying OP and you will continue to lose.

Are you getting in all your water, oil, veggies, proteins etc.? Are you losing inches?

If you're getting bored, look up in the stickies and try some new recipes, new ways to prepare the packets, etc. So many creative people have come up with great ideas - it's fun to mix things up a little.

Hang in there, you're doing great and the rewards for staying OP are soooooo worth it!

ColoradoCarol
02-14-2014, 09:40 PM
Hi all

17.3 lbs in 5 weeks is great -- you are averaging more than 3 per week. Those are super results. Don't compare yourself with anyone else. I know it is really hard. All of our bodies are different.

Couple things- if you're bored with the food- start using the recipes on this forum or try somenew foods.Regarding feeling "emotionally deprived", you need to explore this. You need to work towards not tying your emotions to good. That is a battle for most of us, and one we will have to battle most of the rest of our lives. In the past I have tied all my emotions to eating. You need to find a way that if you need uplifting etc that we find other techniques/tools.

You're doing great. Keep up the good work.

ColoradoCarol
02-14-2014, 09:41 PM
Ruth Ann, once again we are "channeling" each other's thoughts.

ColoradoCarol
02-14-2014, 09:47 PM

Update from this post from this morning- the headache went away after I did a "salt lick", ate lunch and had a meeting and couldn't focus on it. Not sure if it as any one of those things or a combination.

Also the hunger got better - for dinner I had "bulk" and had an omelet with 2 cups veggies - did the trick.

Thanks to everyone for the support and suggestions.

Vippysue
02-14-2014, 10:03 PM
I hope everyone had a great Valentines Day!

smallerin2014
02-14-2014, 10:36 PM
Can anyone offer tips on the best way to see the recipes. I am new to this site and still figuring it out. Thanks in advance for any tips:smug:

Ruth Ann
02-14-2014, 10:50 PM
Ruth Ann, once again we are "channeling" each other's thoughts.

Amazing how often that happens Carol! And glad you are feeling better!

jendilly
02-14-2014, 10:56 PM
Jendilly

We replied at the same time and basically the same post. Great minds...

If my mind is half as great as yours when it comes to IP and this board, then I'm very happy. You are awesome!