Old 02-12-2014, 10:15 AM   #1  
Up and at 'em...again!

S/C/G: 203.4/170.4/140.0

Height: 5'0"

Default Points help with Kraft Pizza Kit

Hey everyone!

I'm looking for some help with something very specific.

First off, a bit of backstory.

I LOVE PIZZA. Like...there is really no adequate word for how much I love it. I've always loved it to an unreasonable degree. To the point where people have said to me, "Oh, you're doing WW? I guess you've had to give up pizza then, eh?" and I'm just like "NEEEEEEEVVVVVVAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!"

Never. I don't ever intend to give it up. And I don't have to! Huzzah!

But I have changed the type of pizza I eat and I don't eat it (that) often. I usually have it once a week. After my weigh-in. And it's not take-out pizza or frozen pizza anymore; I make my own.

Now. During my hiatus from WW, I was making my homemade pizza once a week and just enjoying it without really worrying about the points. Which obviously isn't a good thing, but considering that over two years I've "only" gained back 20 of the 65 pounds I lost...that's not *too* bad.

Anyway. I'm running off at the mouth, as I usually do.

So the thing is: now I'm wanting to count the pizza points! (Even though, the first time I did WW, I always just did a "cheat night" the night of my weigh-in and didn't bother counting anything.)

When I make my pizza, I use a Kraft Pizza Kit (I live in Canada; don't know if they're available in the States.) It's a 850 g box that includes the dry dough mix, a small can of sauce, a packet of parmesan cheese (which I don't use) and a packet of spices of some kind (that I also don't use.) Then I add two slices each of low-fat pepperoni, salami, and ham, and a half cup of skim mozzarella cheese. (I might add that the 850 g box is not just to feed me; there are two other people in the house who eat it. My portion is made in a round 9-inch pan.)

I've calculated the points for the sauce, cheese, and meat. Now I'm stuck because I have no idea how to calculate the points for the dough. And I'm wondering if I should be this exact about it. Should I just ballpark it? Or...should I weigh the portion of prepared dough and go that way?

I R CONFUSED. HALP. *L*
Snoofie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 12:49 PM   #2  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Any chance you could measure out the parmesan cheese and compare the nutritional info then deduct the points/fat/etc from it? I don't think the herbs/spices should matter much unless there's sugar in it? I found that it is 170 calories per serving (1/6) which comes out to be 1020 calories. IDK, whew.

Sorry, I couldn't be more of help!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:02 PM   #3  
Goal is health

S/C/G: 238.8/176.1/163

Height: 5'8"

Just add the servings together and, get your point total and the divide by serving number.

I guess I may have misunderstood the question.
DrivenByAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:19 PM   #4  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Another idea could be to pick a generic dough mix (not sure if you're still using etools or anything) and use the nutritional info from that along with your toppings then go from there?

Last edited by amandie; 02-12-2014 at 01:19 PM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:14 PM   #5  
Up and at 'em...again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
Another idea could be to pick a generic dough mix (not sure if you're still using etools or anything) and use the nutritional info from that along with your toppings then go from there?
What I ended up doing was sectioning off the amount of prepared dough I used for my portion and weighing it. I figure that whatever I do it's not going to be "perfect" anyway.

I ended up making a 9-inch pizza that added up to a total of 12 points. I don't think that's too bad.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:53 PM   #6  
Less of a Better Me

Doesn't the package give the nutritional info for the dough? That sounds like a great pizza.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:19 PM   #7  
Up and at 'em...again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshka View Post
Doesn't the package give the nutritional info for the dough? That sounds like a great pizza.
No, that's the killer! The box doesn't break down the calorie content and give the info for each part (sauce, dough, etc.) It just gives the total for everything. So I guess they assume that you use the spice mix and the Parmesan cheese as well.

I think eventually I'll start making my own dough...I'm just not quite *that* brave yet!

And you're right...it *was* a great pizza. Oh my GOD. I didn't think it would be as good as the pizza everyone else was having, because I made the crust really thin and only used 1/4 cup of skim mozzarella cheese. But it was still so good! The thinner crust was fabulous.

Last edited by Snoofie; 02-12-2014 at 08:23 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:24 AM   #8  
Less of a Better Me

Well, that is definitely annoying that they don't break out the parts. It sounds really good. I made a great pizza the other day, suggested by my WW leader. This uses a really thin pre-made crust sold by HEB, but other similar crusts would work I would think:

HEB 100% Whole Wheat Ultra Thin & Crispy Pizza Crust – This was only 175 calories for half the large crust!

HEB – Turkey Pepperoni Slices, 22 slices – Next time I think I’ll try chicken on this but the turkey pepperoni was really good.

HEB Roasted Garlic Pizza Sauce, 1/2 cup

Laughing Cow – Lite Garlic and Herb – 2 wedges – I just spread this over the sauce

1/2 Red bell pepper, chopped up

2 scallions, chopped up

1/4 c. Athenos Fat Free Crumbled Feta

This was really good. I have a pic of it posted on my blog:

http://lessofabetterme.com/2014/02/10/ummm-pizza/

It was really good and only 8 points for half of the very large pizza. Next time I'm going to use chicken and pesto sauce.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:20 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 185/168/150

Height: 5'8

I just want to say I love kraft boxed pizza mix! They don't have it in the US so when I am home in NS I always bring a few back with me ,that and good pepperoni. I have never had pizza sauce as good as they make.
fitbyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:17 PM   #10  
Up and at 'em...again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitbyforty View Post
I just want to say I love kraft boxed pizza mix! They don't have it in the US so when I am home in NS I always bring a few back with me ,that and good pepperoni. I have never had pizza sauce as good as they make.
Oh god.....Chris Brothers pepperoni. The hot stuff that makes your mouth feel like it is literally on fire. I went to university in Nova Scotia and until I moved there, I had never had it. All I can say is, thank god for pub food. And now you can buy it at grocery stores here in Newfoundland.....oh dear God. *L*

As for the Kraft pizza sauce...my best friend makes her own, and I swear it tastes exactly the same. Apparently the secret is a little bit of sugar.

Last edited by Snoofie; 02-14-2014 at 10:18 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:18 AM   #11  
Never Giving Up

S/C/G: Going from chubby to not

Give me the fat, carbs, fiber, protein, in grams. per serving and I will put it in the app.

I am going to guess it would be 8 points because the WW Smartones thin crust pepperoni pizza is 8 points.
Serenity100 is offline   Reply With Quote