Carb Counters - Cool story about a British celeb who reversed her pre-diabetes

diamondgeog
02-11-2014, 02:10 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2527509/I-stark-choice-sugar-free-diet-diabetes-just-look-says-Gloria-Hunniford.html

Pretty neat story. I had never heard of her, but lots of good info in it. Almost exactly my story also. Almost exactly the same approach to eating and what we eat also. Almost exactly the same results also.

Check out the first comment BTW...pretty powerful.

Locke
02-11-2014, 03:00 PM
The recipes listed beneath the article all contained added sugar... >_<

diamondgeog
02-11-2014, 07:00 PM
I didn't look at the recipes, but you make a good point about added sugar. Through this journey we have still averaged 2-3 times a week going out. Making good choices. But we were giving up control over oils used and added sugar.

Recently we have tried once a week and then are going to try once every two weeks. Shocked how much I have lost even while doing this.

Locke
02-11-2014, 07:04 PM
I didn't look at the recipes, but you make a good point about added sugar. Through this journey we have still averaged 2-3 times a week going out. Making good choices. But we were giving up control over oils used and added sugar.

Recently we have tried once a week and then are going to try once every two weeks. Shocked how much I have lost even while doing this.

Yeah if you want to get strict you have to look at restaurant websites before you go (if it's a chain), play 20 questions with the waiter, and be religious about food labels.

diamondgeog
02-11-2014, 07:42 PM
Locke,

I went to Cal. Miss it A LOT.

The nutrition head of Berkeley ISD is SUPER AWESOME, BTW. Forget her name, but great Ted talk. She is awesome, awesome, awesome.

362to262
02-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Holy moly the recipie for salad dressing had spoonfuls of sugar in it!

What are they thinking?