Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 02:58 PM   #1  

Exclamation I Am Gonna Do This!!!!

Ok! Here goes! I got on the dang scale this morning and do you know what it had the nerve to tell me? It said that I weighed 245 pounds!!! I gotta do something!!! I need some motivation here. Any suggestions? I refuse to continue going through life getting heavier and heavier. I can't afford to go to the meetings, but I have all of the info here (thanks to a lovely yard sale and the internet ) Has anyone here had any luck following the program at home? I will certainly appreciate any help I can get.

Last edited by Kayecee; 07-12-2003 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-13-2003, 10:04 AM   #2  
GmaTo8

Kayecee,

Yep, it can be done! I have been doing WW at home since May and have lost 22 1/2 pounds. I got my stuff from eBay, and I post at the July Jaded Ladies site, at "Support", here at 3fc.

Please feel free to join us over there, we are a small group and would love to have you join us...

Jana
Old 07-13-2003, 10:00 PM   #3  

Thank you for the invite. I am gonna jog over there now and lurk a little. (I wonder if that kind of jogging counts for banking exercise points! )
Old 07-14-2003, 07:29 AM   #4  

Kayecee:
I really think the most important thing in weight loss is that you want to change.

I started Jan 20th at 255.8 pounds. OUCH! Never been that heavy that I know of. But on that Monday I was so sick of being overweight. None of my clothes were comfortable. I hurt waking up in the morning trying to get out of bed. My knees hurt walking up the stairs. I decided that day after work. Go to WW pay for 10 weeks an if in 10 weeks you are not doing well. Then you can quit.

Well here we are almost 6 months later and I have lost 41.4 pounds. So I have been there ever since.

I do choose to go to meetings. I love my leader. And if my meeting ever closed I would just continue on my own.

But if you are willing to make the changes then you will succeed whether you are at home or at meetings.

Plenty of people go to meetings and gain weight. It is the program that works, not just the meetings.

Good Luck

B
Old 07-15-2003, 10:56 PM   #5  

Thanks B. I am having some of the same problems. My left knee is about to kill me and I feel soooo old if I sit for a while. I actually get stiff. Congratulations on the weight loss. I am gonna be hot on your trail!
Old 08-06-2003, 07:57 PM   #6  

The theme of our WW meetings this last month has been "Just do it!" and I really think that is the mindset one has to have to make it work. In May I decided I was going to lose this weight once and for all and I have lost 29 lbs in 11 weeks! I stated at 221 1/2). I keep my points at 25, I go to Curves 3 times a week and I walk 3 miles most days. It is a commitment that you do for yourself and no one else. Just do it!
Old 08-12-2003, 08:58 AM   #7  

Hey there,
Come join our crusade.....under the thread, I'm back with Vengence....come join the crusade!!
We're great for motivation and helpful hints to keep you going.
ps....don't you hate it when that scale tells you stuff like that!! hehe
Michelle
Closed Thread