Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat

lisa32989
02-11-2014, 07:29 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

nacygirl1
02-11-2014, 07:40 AM
I'm OP with alternatives. I couldn't stand my coach who didn't give a crap about me. I'd rather have that extra cashola in my pocket. The Alternative food is just as good if not better than IP food. I bought myself an Omron scale that measures weight & BMI and I am good to go :carrot:

As of today I am down 25 lbs!!

My list I bought from Nashua Nutrition is as follows:

Honey Nut Soy Cereal (yum!)
Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal (yum!)
Bacon & Cheese Omelette (mmm...mmm...good!)
Plain Pancakes (i added vanilla extract, cinnamon and 1 stevia packet to the mix)
BBQ Protein Crisps (spicey sweet...yum)
Chipotle Protein Crisps (spicey!...yum)
White Cheddar Protein Crisps (i use them like croutons...yum)
Chicken Noodle Soup (taste like Liptons...yum)
Chocolate Fudge Cake Desert (OMG Delish!!)
Healthsmart Caramel Crunch Protein Bars (DA BOMB...mmm mmm mmm!)

The Vanilla Pudding I haven't tried yet but I will post if I like them or not after I eat them

Hoped this list helped some newbies with their alternative choices and maybe got some of you thinking about going alternative.

Vippysue
02-11-2014, 08:05 AM
I'm OP with alternatives. I couldn't stand my coach who didn't give a crap about me. I'd rather have that extra cashola in my pocket. The Alternative food is just as good if not better than IP food. I bought myself an Omron scale that measures weight & BMI and I am good to go :carrot:

Plain Pancakes (i added vanilla extract, cinnamon and 1 stevia packet to the mix)

The Vanilla Pudding I haven't tried yet but I will post if I like them or not after I eat them

Hoped this list helped some newbies with their alternative choices and maybe got some of you thinking about going alternative.

This is a consideration for me! Thanks for posting...

Vippysue
02-11-2014, 08:16 AM
Yes, yes, yes! Down 3 lbs this week. I start week 5 today.

When I went to buy my food yesterday, I learned a few things.
1. I blend ice, water and packets in my Magic Bullet. I was told that that was not a good idea because it destroys the protein. Go figure. I would have never thought of that.
2. I can sign up for a coach forever here for $85, as long as I'm buying IP food. Wow. I originally investigated and learned about IP in VA and they wanted more than 4x that amount. I had thought those fees were the same everywhere.

So now I am waffling....should I go get the coach to help me loose faster, or at the other extreme go on alternative. Heard the Quest bars are "dangerous" so I want to stay away from them.

Anyway, yesterday I just started to feel thinner, like the weight fell off the night before. Such a great feeling....I'm on my way.

bluegingham
02-11-2014, 08:42 AM
It will hurt.
It will take time.
It will require dedication.
It will require will power.
You will need to make healthy decisions.
It requires sacrifice.
You will need to push your body to its max.
There will be temptation.
But I promise you, when you reach your goal;
It's worth it!

shrinkingsusie
02-11-2014, 08:52 AM
Good morning IPeeps!

Work until noon then my husband and I are making a 6 hour round-trip to Ottawa so he can check out a car... It better be a darned good deal! :p

Hope everyone has a great day!

stephascope
02-11-2014, 09:39 AM
It will hurt.
It will take time.
It requires sacrifice.
It's worth it!

Love this! Thanks for sharing it with us. :D

Steppy1974
02-11-2014, 09:49 AM
Happy Tuesday!

I have been down in the dumps for about 4 days now. I've had this sour stomach that doesn't seem to go away. I feel like just eating a ton to see if the feeling will ease up but I don't I just carry on. Would it be the diet that is causing this? I may break down and go to the doctor to find out what is going on.

How is everyone doing? Staying warm, I hope. My sister texted me this morning, they have a snow day. I told her it must be nice but then again, I wouldn't trade my Florida winter in for any snow days.

Have a great day!

Steppy1974
02-11-2014, 09:58 AM
Oh! I wanted to ask what is a good alternative for the NoviCleanse? think that's the only thing I haven't done as far as following the phase one. I take all the suppliments.

sweetenuf
02-11-2014, 10:10 AM
Good Morning everyone!! Tomorrow is week 4 WI :) After tomorrow my coach and I have decided because I have done so well with staying 100% OP that we are going to move my WIs to every 2 weeks.
NSV today....I bought new panties yesterday, being courageous I bought a size 9. Ones I had to buy in Nov were 11. The 9's fit this morning!!

PurpleMomster
02-11-2014, 10:13 AM
It will hurt.
It will take time.
It requires sacrifice.
It's worth it!

This is good, thanks for sharing it!

Good morning IPeeps!

Work until noon then my husband and I are making a 6 hour round-trip to Ottawa so he can check out a car... It better be a darned good deal! :p

Hope everyone has a great day!

6 hours??? Yup, better be good :) A friend's husband drove to California and back for his "baby", lol!

Happy Tuesday!

I have been down in the dumps for about 4 days now. I've had this sour stomach that doesn't seem to go away. I feel like just eating a ton to see if the feeling will ease up but I don't I just carry on. Would it be the diet that is causing this? I may break down and go to the doctor to find out what is going on.

How is everyone doing? Staying warm, I hope. My sister texted me this morning, they have a snow day. I told her it must be nice but then again, I wouldn't trade my Florida winter in for any snow days.

Have a great day!

Is it possible you have a stomach bug of some kind? There are so many different things going around right now. The other possibility is that you are reacting to the soy or something in the IP packets. But yes, if it continues, I'd get it checked out.

Good morning everyone! Today is WI day, crossing my fingers and toes to see some of the Mexico weight come off - I need to get back into the running for the Biggest Loser challenge at work :D

I have to tell you all about 2 great meals I've had recently: last night for supper, I made a stir fry with some cut up steak and IdealProteinNewbie's teriyaki sauce (soya, WF pancake syrup, garlic, ginger, seasoning salt) and had it with roasted broccoli - yum, yum, yum! Then, yesterday I realized I had counted wrong and didn't have a packet for breakfast this morning so while at the store last night re-stocking the veggies, I picked up a container of "omelet veggies" - cut up mushrooms, zucchini, peppers and red onions (didn't use the last one) and made up an omelet with egg whites and 1 cup of those veggies - another yum, yum, yum! Very happy with those.

When I went to WI last week, my coach told me that my original coach is coming back from mat leave in March, only working 2 days a week and asked if I wanted to go back to seeing her. I had to think for a bit but I'm happy with my current coach - she seems to be more "open" to new ideas and more encouraging and to be honest, I've seen her longer than I had seen the other one. I hope my original coach doesn't take it personally. Besides, my current coach changes her hair colour pretty much weekly and I kind of like that creativity :D

Have a great day!
Jo

Ruth Ann
02-11-2014, 10:15 AM
Good Morning everyone!! Tomorrow is week 4 WI :) After tomorrow my coach and I have decided because I have done so well with staying 100% OP that we are going to move my WIs to every 2 weeks.
NSV today....I bought new panties yesterday, being courageous I bought a size 9. Ones I had to buy in Nov were 11. The 9's fit this morning!!

:woohoo: for smaller panties! Good going! Feels good to throw all the big ones away, doesn't it?

calee
02-11-2014, 10:19 AM
Sweet, new panties is a big victory!

Nacygirl, I am thinking of placing a Nashua order. Are any of those restricted products?

Question about Quest bars. Why are they considered dangerous? Do they stall weightloss? I have been eating them for 4 years and helped with my weightloss as a meal replacement. I never crave them or want to go back for seconds. Should I be avoiding them?

I woke up retaining fluids like crazy. I got in my fluids yesterday. my rings won't go on. My scale is up a pound. Is this normal for some people?

Steppy, I'm sorry you're feeling down in the dumps. Good job hanging in there.

jendilly
02-11-2014, 11:25 AM

This is a great list, very descriptive. I want to save it somewhere for if/when I decide to go with alternatives. Can you tell me what the cost for a box is and how many you get? I'm good with the IP way for now, but just thinking ahead if I want to make a switch or maybe add in some of these and reduce how many IP ones I get. Thanks for sharing.

Tigerlvr52
02-11-2014, 11:34 AM
So yesterday I had planed on eating one of my pure protein bars at work for my snack, well found out I had left it on my counter at home. I ran to the closest gas station and they had an Adkins bar that was pretty close to op just a little over calories, which I made up for by not eating beef last night. But oh my my my with in minutes.... so gassy. It was aquard to say the least. Today I packed 2 of my bars one for my actual snack and one to keep in my drawer for days like yesterday. Never again Adkins bar never again.

ems70508
02-11-2014, 11:40 AM
Tigerlvr52, too funny! I actually left my bar on my counter today....I'm close enough to go home and grab it but thought the same thing...i really need to keep some packets here! I know people preach about doing so, I just never remember. Guess that's what I get!

Vippysue
02-11-2014, 11:56 AM
Sweet, new panties is a big victory!

Nacygirl, I am thinking of placing a Nashua order. Are any of those restricted products?

Question about Quest bars. Why are they considered dangerous? Do they stall weightloss? I have been eating them for 4 years and helped with my weightloss as a meal replacement. I never crave them or want to go back for seconds. Should I be avoiding them?

I woke up retaining fluids like crazy. I got in my fluids yesterday. my rings won't go on. My scale is up a pound. Is this normal for some people?

Steppy, I'm sorry you're feeling down in the dumps. Good job hanging in there.

I just called them dangerous because I hear they are quite yummy and have seen in this chat where some people have had a hard time with controlling quantities. If that's not you, great! :)I have suffered with a sweet tooth and figured I may not want to go down that road.

dak1lls
02-11-2014, 12:15 PM
So yesterday I had planed on eating one of my pure protein bars at work for my snack, well found out I had left it on my counter at home. I ran to the closest gas station and they had an Adkins bar that was pretty close to op just a little over calories, which I made up for by not eating beef last night. But oh my my my with in minutes.... so gassy. It was aquard to say the least. Today I packed 2 of my bars one for my actual snack and one to keep in my drawer for days like yesterday. Never again Adkins bar never again.

I tried Atkins bars in the past and had the same problem. I think it is the sugar alcohols in them. Embarrassing! Lol.

Sweetenuf: congrats on the new panties. I was so thrilled when I was able to throw out all my ugly granny panties. DH likes my new sexier panties as well. Hee hee.

Calee, I wonder if the fluid retention is a hormonal thing? TOM? When I have a lot of sodium, like soy sauce, I tend to retain fluid.

Nacy: many of the items you listed are ones I love as well. Thanks for posting, as it is helpful for others using alts to see what's out there.

mckaren4
02-11-2014, 01:18 PM

1. I blend ice, water and packets in my Magic Bullet. I was told that that was not a good idea because it destroys the protein. Go figure. I would have never thought of that.
Heard the Quest bars are "dangerous" so I want to stay away from them.

Congratulations on the weight loss!

I use a vitamix blender to make my shakes-it liquefies my greens-I had never heard it destroys the protein-anyone else hear this?

I find quest bars great-they don't make me crave more and I stick to one-the detour bars are like candy to me and I had to stop buying them cause I was eating more than one a day.-It depends what triggers you what make them dangerous!

ecdcslim
02-11-2014, 02:17 PM
morning everyone, as the saying goes, today's a new day and I'm back on Phase 3 after my Phase 1 day yesterday. I really appreciate all the support and love I got yesterday - DH is clueless about this and my coach didn't even email me back until this morning. I had a good workout today and my Phase 3 breakfast and I feel much better than yesterday. Tuesdays & Thursdays are my 6 am PT session at the gym so I haven't weighed myself since my formal weigh in on Saturday so don't know if Sunday's melt down hit the scales but I'm resolved not to let it bother me. Hope everyone has a great day on IP!!!

ColoradoCarol
02-11-2014, 02:35 PM
I am so hungry today. I didn't have my breakfast until I got to work, and by the time I ate, I was feeling pretty weak (I leave home at 5:15 and I think I ate breakfast at 6:30).

Maybe that set up the day for being hungry. It is definite hunger. Thankfully I had a meeting from 10-11 so I wasn't focusing on it.

Now I am eating lunch and that is helping. Isn't it funny how some days we are more hungrier than others?

PurpleMomster
02-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Woohoo!!! I'm down 5.6lbs and 2" this week - lost what I gained in Mexico and a bit more :broc: :broc:

Off to update some stats now...

Jo

lisa32989
02-11-2014, 03:05 PM
I use a vitamix blender to make my shakes-it liquefies my greens-I had never heard it destroys the protein-anyone else hear this?

Lots of IP clinics have recipes posted to use blenders and Vitamixes with packets. There is a clinic called the incredible weight loss clinic & there are TONS of recipes posted on a thread from them here. They use bullets & other blenders all the time1

dak1lls
02-11-2014, 03:18 PM
I did a whole lot of googling on the topic of protein powder losing its potency after being blended. From what I read it appears it is more related to premixing your drinks and not drinking them right away. Some say the drink loses its potency if stored too long after mixing. I found nothing to suggest the mixing alone is an issue. There was some mention of heating drinks and a loss of potency, but there seems to be some disagreement on that as well.

Hiker88
02-11-2014, 03:29 PM
Woohoo!!! I'm down 5.6lbs and 2" this week - lost what I gained in Mexico and a bit more :broc: :broc:

Off to update some stats now...

Jo

Way to Go PurpleMomster!! Don't you just love the big drops! Thanks again for the 25 by spring spread sheet, I really enjoy going on and looking at all the stats. Very interesting!

advocatemom
02-11-2014, 03:40 PM
Purple Monster - did you phase off for your Mexico trip or did you stay OP? I have a trip coming up in 6 weeks and am unsure which approach I will take.

On a different note, I ended up catching a stomach bug from my son this weekend. Hit me on Sunday and it was a miserable evening. Was not able to keep anything down and yesterday all I was able to do was sip ICE water and some chicken broth.

Today, I tried two scrambled eggs (a little stomach ache, but stayed down); some hot herbal tea; some more broth, and then just had a lemon IP wafer bar. Doubt I'll get my IP requirements in today and did not get much on Sunday. But, I'm feeling like it's about over. No fun.

I'll go to my week 3 weigh in tomorrow and should have good results - but I know some of it's going to be because I haven't had much to eat/drink! So week 4 might show a gain. Who knows...

Ready for some warmer weather that may be coming our way later this week. Definitely too much snow and illness going around this winter...

Vippysue
02-11-2014, 04:38 PM
Lots of IP clinics have recipes posted to use blenders and Vitamixes with packets. There is a clinic called the incredible weight loss clinic & there are TONS of recipes posted on a thread from them here. They use bullets & other blenders all the time1

Huh. I wonder why they would tell me that.....

Steppy1974
02-11-2014, 04:42 PM
Is it possible you have a stomach bug of some kind? There are so many different things going around right now. The other possibility is that you are reacting to the soy or something in the IP packets. But yes, if it continues, I'd get it checked out.Have a great day!
Jo

No, don't think it is a bug. I'm better now, just the first two hours at work, I thought I was going to hurl. All gone now. Thank goodness. If it continues, I will check with my doctor.

Thanks for replying to me.

PurpleMomster
02-11-2014, 05:23 PM
Purple Monster - did you phase off for your Mexico trip or did you stay OP? I have a trip coming up in 6 weeks and am unsure which approach I will take.

On a different note, I ended up catching a stomach bug from my son this weekend. Hit me on Sunday and it was a miserable evening. Was not able to keep anything down and yesterday all I was able to do was sip ICE water and some chicken broth.

Today, I tried two scrambled eggs (a little stomach ache, but stayed down); some hot herbal tea; some more broth, and then just had a lemon IP wafer bar. Doubt I'll get my IP requirements in today and did not get much on Sunday. But, I'm feeling like it's about over. No fun.

I'll go to my week 3 weigh in tomorrow and should have good results - but I know some of it's going to be because I haven't had much to eat/drink! So week 4 might show a gain. Who knows...

Ready for some warmer weather that may be coming our way later this week. Definitely too much snow and illness going around this winter...

I did phase off for the trip. I opted for a slow phase off - 2 weeks of P2, 2 weeks of P3 then about 10 days of P4 before I went. I'll be honest and say, without going into too many details, that since it was an all-inclusive, I ate and drank a lot. I did gain 4.6lbs between P4 and the trip but I'm very happy that in a week, I lost that weight and an extra pound!

Yuck on the stomach bug - hope you feel better quickly!

Jo

advocatemom
02-11-2014, 05:44 PM
Sorry I read/wrote your screen name wrong LOL!! I'm blaming the stomach bug on that one :-) My trip is also to an all-inclusive and to celebrate my 20th wedding anniversary!! We are going to Sandals in Jamaica and I think we will scuba dive twice daily (good exercise) and it sounds like I can most likely pick very friendly P2 menus for most meals. I thought I'd take some restricted bars for the airport and maybe for post-dive snacks. Being an all-inclusive I know the temptation of alcohol will be ever-present - but with diving, you really can't drink much... I am not sure I want to completely phase off after just getting back in the swing of IP, but I have a few weeks to talk it through with my coach.

Thanks for your reply and great job getting back on track!!

I did phase off for the trip. I opted for a slow phase off - 2 weeks of P2, 2 weeks of P3 then about 10 days of P4 before I went. I'll be honest and say, without going into too many details, that since it was an all-inclusive, I ate and drank a lot. I did gain 4.6lbs between P4 and the trip but I'm very happy that in a week, I lost that weight and an extra pound!

Yuck on the stomach bug - hope you feel better quickly!

Jo

nolasmurf
02-11-2014, 09:06 PM
So without too many personal details. Today has been a huge challenge, to not emotional eat. I have no appetite but in the past I would try to sooth these feelings with food. Please think good thoughts for me.

Slipfree
02-11-2014, 09:10 PM
Nola, I am sending good thoughts your way. You have come so far, you are strong enough to face these emotions. I know that things may seem tough but no food is really going to change that. I believe in you! :hug:

ems70508
02-11-2014, 09:12 PM
Nola congrats on acknowledging your feelings and old responses! Be proud of yourself for making those mental changes for yourself! I'll be praying for you!

tinespeens
02-11-2014, 09:19 PM
Good day everyone.
Lately I just don't feel hungry. I find it very hard to eat all the food or even drink enough water.
I started doing yoga again to try and tighten up some of my problem areas. It felt really good, but not as good as it used to.
I feel a little depressed and not sure if it's related to the weather or stress at work. But because of this my loss has slowed down, I'm wondering if I have gone into starvation mode.
Sorry to be a bummer, I just needed to get it off my chest.
Hopefully things will improve sooner rather than later.
May everyone else's week be brighter. :)

JLUS
02-11-2014, 09:21 PM
Nola - thinking positive thoughts for you. Stay strong and know we are all here for you when you need a boost!

nolasmurf
02-11-2014, 09:23 PM
Thanks all.

lisa32989
02-11-2014, 09:28 PM
Huh. I wonder why they would tell me that.....
It's pretty well documented on these boards that poorly trained coaches say incorrect things all the time...

Jenny38
02-11-2014, 09:52 PM
Thinking of you Nola:hug:

ReenHag
02-11-2014, 10:42 PM
Congrats, everyone, on the good weigh-ins, the new panties, and just motivating and re-motivating yourselves and others on this board! Some challenges, some successes- we can do this!

Today was a rough day; sat in a meeting for 2.5 hours with parents and felt very attacked. Didn't have time to cook my pork roast (due to leaving school close to 6 pm) so I stopped at hubby's work and got some steak and double veg. Despite the awful meeting, i felt no desire to emotinally eat. I find that a huge NSV for myself.

So without too many personal details. Today has been a huge challenge, to not emotional eat. I have no appetite but in the past I would try to sooth these feelings with food. Please think good thoughts for me.

Good thoughts and vibes coming your way. I hope things work out.

Good day everyone.
Lately I just don't feel hungry. I find it very hard to eat all the food or even drink enough water.
I started doing yoga again to try and tighten up some of my problem areas. It felt really good, but not as good as it used to.
I feel a little depressed and not sure if it's related to the weather or stress at work. But because of this my loss has slowed down, I'm wondering if I have gone into starvation mode.
Sorry to be a bummer, I just needed to get it off my chest.
Hopefully things will improve sooner rather than later.
May everyone else's week be brighter. :)

Keep it up with the yoga; it should start helping, even with your mood. Also, your losses may have slowed if you're not getting enough nutrients and water, so keep an eye on that. Track it if you need to.

The weather could certainly be bringing you down, or the stress at work, or a combo. Here's some sunshine-y thoughts coming your way!!!

Slipfree
02-11-2014, 11:00 PM
Renee, hope that tomorrow is a better day! Great job sticking to program through the parent induced stress.

jendilly
02-11-2014, 11:11 PM
Tried another new food today, thanks to this board. I did the roasted cabbage (thick slice, brushed with EVOO and seasonings sprinkled on). SOOOO yummy! Made a few chicken strips seasoned with garlic powder and dipped in WF Honey Mustard. I have been wanting to try some new things and the cabbage was amazing. I'm so thankful for this board and the recipes and ideas. I honestly feel like I'm eating not only healthier (obviously) but better tasting foods than I was before IP. I can see me doing this for life, not a problem!

Feeling so satisfied!!

ReenHag
02-11-2014, 11:20 PM
Renee, hope that tomorrow is a better day! Great job sticking to program through the parent induced stress.

Thanks! I appreciate the support.

infoplease
02-12-2014, 12:44 AM
Oh! I wanted to ask what is a good alternative for the NoviCleanse? think that's the only thing I haven't done as far as following the phase one. I take all the suppliments.

I have a p1 sheet dated 4/2013 that does not list the NoviCleanse.
I did it when I originally did IP, but not at the 4 week mark (long story).
Short story -- don't worry about it and don't bother with it.
In prowling the internet, it appears Ideal Protein no longer suggests using fiber supplements such as the Novi-lax which was part of the Novi Cleanse kit. I think they are releasing a new product which is a probiotic.

Bottom line, stay the p1 course and no need for Novi Cleanse.

(It didn't really do that much anyway--first week it slows the weight loss then you get a loss to kind of make up for it and then afterwards you lose at the same rate, well at least that is what I remember for me.)

infoplease
02-12-2014, 12:51 AM

2. I can sign up for a coach forever here for $85, as long as I'm buying IP food. Wow. I originally investigated and learned about IP in VA and they wanted more than 4x that amount. I had thought those fees were the same everywhere.

So now I am waffling....should I go get the coach to help me loose faster, or at the other extreme go on alternative. Heard the Quest bars are "dangerous" so I want to stay away from them.

Anyway, yesterday I just started to feel thinner, like the weight fell off the night before. Such a great feeling....I'm on my way.

I agree with the others, the mixer is not going to destroy your proteins unless you are blending your vitamix for 20 minutes and making it boil. The directions on both the chocolate drink mix and the soups say you can gently heat them.

As for staying with a coach, that depends on you. Then again, the $85 for forever coaching is only an awesome deal if...you expect that the business is solid and will be around "forever" (or at least a few more years) and if the coaching you get is worth more than "don't blend your packets".

I haven't followed your whole story, so are you switching clinics or will you get a year of p4 coaching even if you select not to do it forever?

blondie739
02-12-2014, 02:38 AM
I've discovered zucchini noodles and WF tomato sauce. I am in HEAVEN! My husband keeps saying some of these recipes feel like we are cheating, they are so good. Last week we had pork fried cauli rice and it was awesome!

Steppy1974
02-12-2014, 06:27 AM
I did it when I originally did IP, but not at the 4 week mark (long story).
Short story -- don't worry about it and don't bother with it.
In prowling the internet, it appears Ideal Protein no longer suggests using fiber supplements such as the Novi-lax which was part of the Novi Cleanse kit. I think they are releasing a new product which is a probiotic.

Bottom line, stay the p1 course and no need for Novi Cleanse.

(It didn't really do that much anyway--first week it slows the weight loss then you get a loss to kind of make up for it and then afterwards you lose at the same rate, well at least that is what I remember for me.)

I just printed the new sheets, and wala! It's not there so that is good to know. Thanks!

lisa32989
02-12-2014, 07:20 AM
Good morning everyone
This thread is useful for another day

I've discovered zucchini noodles and WF tomato sauce. I am in HEAVEN! My husband keeps saying some of these recipes feel like we are cheating, they are so good. Last week we had pork fried cauli rice and it was awesome!

Proof that healthy eating can (and should) still taste good!
I refuse to eat bland, boring food just because I'm on a weight loss plan. Some of the things I've tried have been hit-or-miss and need adjustment but that happened prior to IP as well.

It is so much easier to stay OP when we don't feel so deprived

Vippysue
02-12-2014, 08:21 AM
I agree with the others, the mixer is not going to destroy your proteins unless you are blending your vitamix for 20 minutes and making it boil. The directions on both the chocolate drink mix and the soups say you can gently heat them.

As for staying with a coach, that depends on you. Then again, the $85 for forever coaching is only an awesome deal if...you expect that the business is solid and will be around "forever" (or at least a few more years) and if the coaching you get is worth more than "don't blend your packets".

I haven't followed your whole story, so are you switching clinics or will you get a year of p4 coaching even if you select not to do it forever?

Do I think this business is solid? They have been around for a while. Both coaches/doctors have been personally trained by The Developer of the Protein Protocol - Dr. Tran Tien Chanh. They told me that, posted it on their website, and there is a picture of the 3 of them hanging in the office as well as on the website. They claim to be the largest or most successful clinic on the East Coast. They have multiple thick albums of success stories in the form of pictures. I was sort of impressed by their credentials so I don't know if I want to completely ignore them....

I learned about the diet in VA and went to an informational session. They could not make themselves available for me before I had to return to GA, (and now I'm glad about that, considering the difference in cost.) So no, I have never been on this diet or P4 before. They would take me on as a brand new client and I would get a year of P4 coaching. (I would probably leave GA before that.)

I have done well, but probably not as well as I could have done with someone to answer questions and guide me specifically since all I have had is a few papers to go on. I haven't completely decided but am leaning toward "yes." I, too, think it is an awesome deal.

Thanks for your interest and response. :)

JLUS
02-12-2014, 08:30 AM

The P1 sheet in the stickies/daily link is Feb 2013. Is March any different?

dlr9774
02-12-2014, 09:28 AM
enjoyed the posts on use of blender, I have never been told not to blend the packets. I blends them into smooties with "coffee" ice cubes for an ice cap treat, and I bake with the puddings/vanilla drink packs - make them into yummy loafs.

Also congradulations to JO! Holidays sounded like a nice break, we also went to Mexico for a break for a week of this Manitoba weather.

Allend428
02-12-2014, 10:03 AM
Good morning everyone. Hope everyone is doing well.

Started phase 3 this week. I feel like I'm cheating with all the food that I am getting at breakfast. But I'm staying within the guidelines. My total weight loss so far is 98lbs. I have prepared myself for the fact that I might gain a few of those back over the next 2 weeks. But I'm hoping it will only be a few and not 10! Anyway I am throughly enjoying a nice hot breakfast every morning. It is very welcome.

Everyone have a good day!

Vippysue
02-12-2014, 10:05 AM
Huge ice storm coming through here today. I'm really hoping we don't lose power. They are saying if you do, it could be out for several days. I'm doing a preemptive roasting of veggies this morning. I think I can eat them cold if they're cooked.

Vippysue
02-12-2014, 10:06 AM
Good morning everyone. Hope everyone is doing well.

Started phase 3 this week. I feel like I'm cheating with all the food that I am getting at breakfast. But I'm staying within the guidelines. My total weight loss so far is 98lbs. I have prepared myself for the fact that I might gain a few of those back over the next 2 weeks. But I'm hoping it will only be a few and not 10! Anyway I am throughly enjoying a nice hot breakfast every morning. It is very welcome.

Everyone have a good day!

Wow! 98 lbs! That's awesome! Congrats!

lisa32989
02-12-2014, 10:07 AM
Re:blending:heating packets
Even the IP videos show recipes doing both

The P1 sheet in the stickies/daily link is Feb 2013. Is March any different?

The p 1 sheet in the stickies is from Dec 2013

ColoradoCarol
02-12-2014, 10:25 AM
Is regular cabbage allowed? I see a lot of posts about roasting it, but I just checked the protocol sheet for P1 and I don't see it on there. It has red, pak choi and bok choi listed. But not green. I thought I remember them telling me at orientation (back in July) that green was not allowed.

Any ideas?

Carol

Ruth Ann
02-12-2014, 10:26 AM
I've been using green cabbage all along - never thought to ask my coach if it was different than red cabbage. I weigh in today and will ask.

JLUS
02-12-2014, 10:27 AM
Re:blending:heating packets
Even the IP videos show recipes doing both

The p 1 sheet in the stickies is from Dec 2013

Ah - I opened the Daily Chat IP Protocol sheets and didn't notice the first one listed is P2!! Oooops - my error! I just did a quick glance at the date, not the sheet itself

calee
02-12-2014, 10:28 AM
Vippy, good luck with the storm. Roasted veggies put on the counter for a few hours taste wonderful at room temp. I love putting them on a lettuce salad for a change.

I am feeling a bit disheartened. I've been following protocol since Friday. This morning I stepped on the scale. Down only 1/2 pound. This is where I would want to give up. I was eating very low carb for weeks prior so expect no whoosh from that. I think I'm getting more sodium from packets because my rings are tight. Also need help in the poop department so took something last night. These last pounds are really a bear to budge. I'm not going to quit because there is so much success here and I believe that I can find success as well if I stick to it.

Have a fun day and good luck to everyone in the storm areas!

ColoradoCarol
02-12-2014, 10:34 AM
I've been using green cabbage all along - never thought to ask my coach if it was different than red cabbage. I weigh in today and will ask.

Good luck on your weigh in. I have mine this afternoon. I will ask too (if I remember). We can compare the answers they give us.

drd1961
02-12-2014, 10:47 AM
Vippy, good luck with the storm. Roasted veggies put on the counter for a few hours taste wonderful at room temp. I love putting them on a lettuce salad for a change.

I am feeling a bit disheartened. I've been following protocol since Friday. This morning I stepped on the scale. Down only 1/2 pound. This is where I would want to give up. I was eating very low carb for weeks prior so expect no whoosh from that. I think I'm getting more sodium from packets because my rings are tight. Also need help in the poop department so took something last night. These last pounds are really a bear to budge. I'm not going to quit because there is so much success here and I believe that I can find success as well if I stick to it.

Hang in there. The pounds are just creeping off me, but the the daily scale is going down, just very slowwww. Better than up!

advocatemom
02-12-2014, 11:16 AM
For those of you adding zucchini to foods, how are you shredding it and/or making it into noodles? I want to make either the muffins or waffles with the pudding packs & also have the noodles with some other veggies as a 'pasta'.

I'm not the most creative cook or baker so thanks in advance!!

ems70508
02-12-2014, 11:26 AM

don't be discouraged. you're doing it right. let your body do the rest! Try changing up your food choices and get excited about the program again. Lately, i've had a super loving relationship with mustard. I use it on dinner nightly. It's helped spice up my food! I actually use 'creole mustard' from Zatarain's. Pretty darn delish.

http://www.cajungrocer.com/zatarain-s-creole-mustard.html

ColoradoCarol
02-12-2014, 11:29 AM
For those of you adding zucchini to foods, how are you shredding it and/or making it into noodles? I want to make either the muffins or waffles with the pudding packs & also have the noodles with some other veggies as a 'pasta'.

I'm not the most creative cook or baker so thanks in advance!!

For noodles: if you have a mandolin it might have a "julienne" attachment. I bought a cheap mandolin at Bed Bath and Beyond for $10. Before that I used my apple/potato peeler and just did long strands. Boil it for 3-4 minutes.

For muffins - you could just shred it using a cheese grater (that is what my mom used to do when she would freeze it from our garden for use in the winter) or maybe a food processor. I haven't made them yet, but I understand from other posts you need to get most of the water out and maybe cook it a bit before put it in the muffins, etc.

ColoradoCarol
02-12-2014, 11:46 AM

The one I used was suggested by the clinic since they can't sell Novaclense in the US. She said she looked at a lot of different cleanses and felt like it was good. It was not my normal coach, but a chiro in the office that is also a coach.

It is called:
Garden of Life
Wild Rose
Herbal D-Tox

"Easy 12 Day Whole Body Herbal Cleanse"

It is vegan compliant (I'm not vegan), gluten free, dairy free and soy free. It does not contain stimulant laxatives.

Hope this helps. They have recommended a cleanse a couple of times because toxins build up in the body.

Hope this helps.

sunflwr816
02-12-2014, 11:48 AM
Week 1 and I am down 3 pounds! It's not as much as I was expecting, but I did (accidentally) have 1/2 a sweet potato last Thursday and some avocado on a salad. Also, I wonder if the loss isn't as big because I'm using alternatives without supplements. Has anyone had a similar experience>

Regardless, I'm thrilled to be 3 pounds lighter!! :carrot:

sarahBell
02-12-2014, 12:42 PM
If you take their survey you can have 4 free quest bars shipped to you at no cost. Here is the link.

http://www.questproteinbar.com/freesample?p=highfive

:carrot:

trinny
02-12-2014, 12:47 PM
If you take their survey you can have 4 free quest bars shipped to you at no cost. Here is the link.

Thanks, SarahBell! Just did the survey (super quick) and even got to choose the flavors. Great find!

Ruth Ann
02-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Good luck on your weigh in. I have mine this afternoon. I will ask too (if I remember). We can compare the answers they give us.

My coach said that she looked up both of them and they are nearly identical stat-wise and that she has always used the green since she doesn't like the red. I'm going with that since I've always used the green too and don't care for the red.

don't be discouraged. you're doing it right. let your body do the rest! Try changing up your food choices and get excited about the program again. Lately, i've had a super loving relationship with mustard. I use it on dinner nightly. It's helped spice up my food! I actually use 'creole mustard' from Zatarain's. Pretty darn delish.

http://www.cajungrocer.com/zatarain-s-creole-mustard.html

Oh, that looks good! I've been using a jalapeno mustard put out by Silver Spring (I think that's right-I'm at work and don't have the bottle here). It has just the right amount of back of the mouth kick!

ems70508
02-12-2014, 12:49 PM
Thanks, SarahBell! Just did the survey (super quick) and even got to choose the flavors. Great find!

I did it too, of course I have to wait 4-8 weeks but what a surprise that'll be! haha

GettinHealthyNow
02-12-2014, 01:05 PM
Darn it! Quest sample doesn't work for Canadian address. Foiled again.

sarahBell
02-12-2014, 01:07 PM
I did it too, of course I have to wait 4-8 weeks but what a surprise that'll be! haha

You guys are welcome/ Hyvee has them on sale for 1.99 each. And I figured I can try some that are IP compliant first with out spending a dime. So far the only one I have really tried are the cinnamon roll bars. So I am excited to try some new ones. I like that they put up the nutritional info on it too!

JLUS
02-12-2014, 01:22 PM
Week 1 and I am down 3 pounds! It's not as much as I was expecting, but I did (accidentally) have 1/2 a sweet potato last Thursday and some avocado on a salad. Also, I wonder if the loss isn't as big because I'm using alternatives without supplements. Has anyone had a similar experience>

Regardless, I'm thrilled to be 3 pounds lighter!! :carrot:

Using alternatives, if you are carefully selecting IP comparable products, shouldn't slow your losses! (Many on here regularly attest to that fact!)

HOWEVER -

It is REALLY IMPORTANT that you use supplements (either IP or comparable)... Not as an answer to your weightloss question, but because you are not eating enough in the calorie/nutrition range to give you everything you need to "run your machine." Someone recently posted a link either to a website or video that emphasizes how critical it is to take the supplements and dangers of not taking them.

I would also imagine if our bodies aren't getting all the correct balance of nutrients, it might also hang on to weight looking for more nutrients.

tbc85
02-12-2014, 01:43 PM
Good morning everyone!! I struggled last night with some carb cravings but did not give in. For some reason I wanted skittles and pizza, LOL. I just have to keep reminding myself that once in maintenance I can have it on my Fun Day!! Excited for the weekend, its my birthday Sunday and my DH has a surprise outing planned for Saturday and he said he would take me for boiled crawfish on Sunday!!

MntRose
02-12-2014, 01:56 PM

I am on the site and at the place where you put your phone number in and for some reason it doesn't like my phone number :( I have tried different ways like hyphens or periods between the numbers but nothing works and what is annoying it doesn't say what is wrong, the field is just outlined in red.

Ruth Ann
02-12-2014, 02:01 PM
I am on the site and at the place where you put your phone number in and for some reason it doesn't like my phone number :( I have tried different ways like hyphens or periods between the numbers but nothing works and what is annoying it doesn't say what is wrong, the field is just outlined in red.

Try it without spaces, dashes or anything (like 1234567890) - that's what worked for me.

sunflwr816
02-12-2014, 02:43 PM
Using alternatives, if you are carefully selecting IP comparable products, shouldn't slow your losses! (Many on here regularly attest to that fact!)

HOWEVER -

It is REALLY IMPORTANT that you use supplements (either IP or comparable)... Not as an answer to your weightloss question, but because you are not eating enough in the calorie/nutrition range to give you everything you need to "run your machine." Someone recently posted a link either to a website or video that emphasizes how critical it is to take the supplements and dangers of not taking them.

I would also imagine if our bodies aren't getting all the correct balance of nutrients, it might also hang on to weight looking for more nutrients.

Thanks Laurie. I am taking my normal multi-vitamin and a B12 and omega-3. Do you know where I can purchase the IP recommended supplements? I'll start searching the threads too..:dizzy:

eandc2006
02-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Hey all posted a thread for this as am getting a lot of views but no replies so I figured I post here too. Thank you.

OK...so I am not one to get caught up in whole ketosis thing b/c I follow the plan and it works...never been real concerned with that aspect.

Have been maintaining and want to kick off 10lbs and stay on phase 1 for 30 days to get some good habits back it routine. Started last Tuesday and I am experiencing some strange things happening since that I never did or at least cannot recall when doing phase 1 before last year.

The first thing is that I am not having any spotting. Usually this happens to me within the first week or so. Without boring everyone part of my 10lb gain was a pregnancy back in November that I learned was not viable. Anyhow, I am no longer pregnant and my hormones are finally getting back to normal at the end of January (period has returned, etc). WHEW...it was an emotional couple of months.

Another thing I noticed today is that when I woke up I was swollen. Had a small amount of srriacha last night which I am thinking could be the culprit but not real sure. Anyways, I only (and I saw ONLY b/c I have done phase 1 before and usually lost more) lost 4ish lbs in the week that I have been on. Typically I can feel it even if the scale doesn't always show it and its like I cant feel it. Yes, clothes are fitting better but I don't feel like I have in the past on day 8. Maybe my body is just holding on to some water before is whooshes it out.

Another thing is that I am usually starving starting phase 1 but I have been just fine this round (maybe because I was ready to get back). I haven't had any real cravings or desires.

Only thing I have done different this round is that I am drinking an EAS shake everyday to save some $$$.

Anyone else reboot/restart and experience this? Why I am not spotting this time? Why not the usual couple of days of hunger? Anyone else had problems with the EAS with not losing as much?

I am just feeling like my body is sooo screwed up from the recent months events.

ems70508
02-12-2014, 03:13 PM
Good morning everyone!! I struggled last night with some carb cravings but did not give in. For some reason I wanted skittles and pizza, LOL. I just have to keep reminding myself that once in maintenance I can have it on my Fun Day!! Excited for the weekend, its my birthday Sunday and my DH has a surprise outing planned for Saturday and he said he would take me for boiled crawfish on Sunday!!

Good job on avoiding that temptation! And Yum yum yum to the crawfish! Make sure you hydrate pre and post eating! As much as I love those mudbugs, they always make me plump up! My guess is the boil seasoning most people use....my family owns a small crawfish farm outside Catahoula and I went out in the fields a few weeks ago. Seems like they are still pretty small so I'll treat myself in a few weeks! Let me know if you get some bigger ones!!

Tigerlvr52
02-12-2014, 03:22 PM
Sorry it's so big :(

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t1/1896757_10153764400265162_2007859531_n.jpg

I am sorry... I just had to :)

He's my special little man who just said his first word this week. He loves some of my veggie puree's it's pretty awesome to be able to eat the same thing my baby does.

ems70508
02-12-2014, 03:28 PM
Hey all posted a thread for this as am getting a lot of views but no replies so I figured I post here too. Thank you.

OK...so I am not one to get caught up in whole ketosis thing b/c I follow the plan and it works...never been real concerned with that aspect.

Have been maintaining and want to kick off 10lbs and stay on phase 1 for 30 days to get some good habits back it routine. Started last Tuesday and I am experiencing some strange things happening since that I never did or at least cannot recall when doing phase 1 before last year.

The first thing is that I am not having any spotting. Usually this happens to me within the first week or so. Without boring everyone part of my 10lb gain was a pregnancy back in November that I learned was not viable. Anyhow, I am no longer pregnant and my hormones are finally getting back to normal at the end of January (period has returned, etc). WHEW...it was an emotional couple of months.

Another thing I noticed today is that when I woke up I was swollen. Had a small amount of srriacha last night which I am thinking could be the culprit but not real sure. Anyways, I only (and I saw ONLY b/c I have done phase 1 before and usually lost more) lost 4ish lbs in the week that I have been on. Typically I can feel it even if the scale doesn't always show it and its like I cant feel it. Yes, clothes are fitting better but I don't feel like I have in the past on day 8. Maybe my body is just holding on to some water before is whooshes it out.

Another thing is that I am usually starving starting phase 1 but I have been just fine this round (maybe because I was ready to get back). I haven't had any real cravings or desires.

Only thing I have done different this round is that I am drinking an EAS shake everyday to save some $$$.

Anyone else reboot/restart and experience this? Why I am not spotting this time? Why not the usual couple of days of hunger? Anyone else had problems with the EAS with not losing as much?

I am just feeling like my body is sooo screwed up from the recent months events.

From my experience, spotting occurs when you have a rapid loss. Because our bodies store hormones in fat, when we loose it quickly, it causes spotting. Many people have spoken of this on 3FC. If you are not having a rapid loss, there may be no spotting.

Secondly, just because you're satsified with the food in P1 does not mean something is wrong! It's good that p1 satisfies you! Just make sure you are following it correctly. ie: take the supplements drink all the water and get in your oil and salt. Your puffieness could be from different seasonings or not getting enough water in. Sometimes that happens to me.

I think you need to just let your body adjust and give yourself more time! If you're following the protocol, you'll be fine. Do you have a coach?

ecdcslim
02-12-2014, 03:39 PM
Thanks Laurie. I am taking my normal multi-vitamin and a B12 and omega-3. Do you know where I can purchase the IP recommended supplements? I'll start searching the threads too..:dizzy:

I had to go find this, will try to put them in the sticky if I can figure it out.

I've just done this research - I looked at all the ingredients and when there was a difference, say in calcium, I looked up what the word after meant and determined what impact it had on the vitamin itself. I used http://www.luckyvitamin.com/
and here's the alternatives I came up with:
Bluebonnet Nutrition - Calcium Magnesium Softgels - 120 Softgels $15.96

Nutricology - Potassium Citrate - 120 Vegetarian Capsules $7.63

Good 'N Natural - Omega 3-6-9 Flax, Fish & Borage Oil with Evening Primrose Oil - 120 Softgels $8.97

Solaray - Spectro Woman Multi-Vita-Min - 120 Capsules $20.96

sweetenuf
02-12-2014, 03:58 PM
SO happy!! Today was Week 4 WI. I lost another 3 lbs. Thats a total of 18lbs in one month.
And my husband comes home today from where he works....Brazil :) he works 28/28.
Hope you are all having a fabulous Hump Day!

eandc2006
02-12-2014, 04:14 PM
From my experience, spotting occurs when you have a rapid loss. Because our bodies store hormones in fat, when we loose it quickly, it causes spotting. Many people have spoken of this on 3FC. If you are not having a rapid loss, there may be no spotting.

Secondly, just because you're satsified with the food in P1 does not mean something is wrong! It's good that p1 satisfies you! Just make sure you are following it correctly. ie: take the supplements drink all the water and get in your oil and salt. Your puffieness could be from different seasonings or not getting enough water in. Sometimes that happens to me.

I think you need to just let your body adjust and give yourself more time! If you're following the protocol, you'll be fine. Do you have a coach?

Thank you for your response. I so appreciate it. I am not working with a coach because I am doing a 30 day timeframe and the place where I went before when I got to goal was fine enough but did NOTHING but weight me and supply me with food. No real questions, coaching, etc. I have found more answers here as well as support.

I guess I will just ride this out and see what happens. I suppose I am just a bit disappointed because I have had better success in the past when getting back on phase 1 and feel in some ways like I am just having a hard time with body issues. :?:

eandc2006
02-12-2014, 04:15 PM
specifically hormone stuff

ems70508
02-12-2014, 04:28 PM
Thank you for your response. I so appreciate it. I am not working with a coach because I am doing a 30 day timeframe and the place where I went before when I got to goal was fine enough but did NOTHING but weight me and supply me with food. No real questions, coaching, etc. I have found more answers here as well as support.

I guess I will just ride this out and see what happens. I suppose I am just a bit disappointed because I have had better success in the past when getting back on phase 1 and feel in some ways like I am just having a hard time with body issues. :?:

My coach is the same, weigh, measure, take my money. It doesn't bother me because I have so much support here. Everything you are experiencing seems normal to me. Although I am not a health professional! Just let your body adjust, you've been through so much. :hug:

There are various reasons you may have not lost as much this first week. one reason i can think of is that you do have as much to loose!

WillowVee
02-12-2014, 04:30 PM
Self-control is a limited resources. This post at Brain Pickings is particularly apt for us, I would say. http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2013/11/27/the-psychology-of-self-control/ the good thing is that once we know about a situation we can develop strategies to cope.

I hope all is well with everyone. I've been maintaining since just before Christmas and feel pretty good. IP willpower for everyone!!

eandc2006
02-12-2014, 04:40 PM
My coach is the same, weigh, measure, take my money. It doesn't bother me because I have so much support here. Everything you are experiencing seems normal to me. Although I am not a health professional! Just let your body adjust, you've been through so much. :hug:

There are various reasons you may have not lost as much this first week. one reason i can think of is that you do have as much to loose!

You are right. I just need to relax and let time to take over and see what happens. It just gets me a little freaked out because when I have done a week or so of phase 1 to kick off a few lbs I can sometimes drop 7-8lbs. Weird. Another thing is that I am drinking an insane amount of water and not needing to go as much as I would expect.

eandc2006
02-12-2014, 04:41 PM
Self-control is a limited resources. This post at Brain Pickings is particularly apt for us, I would say. http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2013/11/27/the-psychology-of-self-control/ the good thing is that once we know about a situation we can develop strategies to cope.

I hope all is well with everyone. I've been maintaining since just before Christmas and feel pretty good. IP willpower for everyone!!

Congrats on maintenance Willow! That's awesome!

mckaren4
02-12-2014, 05:00 PM
Tiger-He is adorable-thanks for sharing him with us!

Had good news at a doctor appointment this am-my cholesterol medication was cut in half and hopefully I will be off it completly at my next appointment in three months!

WillowVee
02-12-2014, 05:02 PM
Congrats on maintenance Willow! That's awesome!

Thank you! I really appreciate that!

ems70508
02-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Tiger-He is adorable-thanks for sharing him with us!

Had good news at a doctor appointment this am-my cholesterol medication was cut in half and hopefully I will be off it completly at my next appointment in three months!

He is adorable! Mckaren, huge congrats on the med news! What a relief that must feel like.

lisa32989
02-12-2014, 05:41 PM
I am taking my normal multi-vitamin and a B12 and omega-3. Do you know where I can purchase the IP recommended supplements? I'll start searching the threads too..:dizzy:
Since you're already taking a multi and an omega 3, you just need magnesium and potassium and you're good-to-go. It doesn't need to perfectly match IP. Just grab supplements for each. My mag is a cal/mag/zinc & my potassium is just potassium cit.

You'll really need the potassium so you don't get leg cramps. And most of us are mag deficient (and it helps with the "going")

Omega 3 alone is superior to Omega 3-6-9. We get enough of the 6-9 in the American diet. It is the Omega 3 we're lacking.

advocatemom
02-12-2014, 06:06 PM
Hi again. It seems the search function is not working for me. Does anyone have a link to a good thread on Phase 3 foods and possibly P4 foods? My coach DOES want me to phase off for my vacation in 6 weeks. She wants to take me through 3 & 4 in about 10 days and then back to P1 when I get back. Thought I'd start doing a little research on it (especially since I did NOT phase off correctly my first time on IP). Thanks!

ReenHag
02-12-2014, 06:43 PM

Thanks for sharing this! And I agree with what someone else posted- enter your phone number with no spaces or hyphens.

Congrats! What a great feeling!

I still have to take mine, as my high chol is hereditary. :shrug: Oh, well.

Delgen
02-12-2014, 07:03 PM

This is a great article! Thanks!

lisa32989
02-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Hi again. It seems the search function is not working for me. Does anyone have a link to a good thread on Phase 3 foods and possibly P4 foods? My coach DOES want me to phase off for my vacation in 6 weeks. She wants to take me through 3 & 4 in about 10 days and then back to P1 when I get back. Thought I'd start doing a little research on it (especially since I did NOT phase off correctly my first time on IP). Thanks!
You can always use Google to search 3FC
Directions are in the first post of every day's Daily Chat.

This is the best thread for P3. It'll take some time to read thru it so plan for it.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/228564-phase-3-breakfast-ideas.html

sarahBell
02-12-2014, 07:32 PM
Can we have that on PI? I cant remember if we can or cannot (low fat-low sodium no extra sugars from what I read on the package)

lisa32989
02-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Can we have that on PI? I cant remember if we can or cannot (low fat-low sodium no extra sugars from what I read on the package)
It is not on the P1 sheet

advocatemom
02-12-2014, 07:38 PM
Thanks, Lisa. Sometimes the obvious is, well, too obvious :-)

BTW, I just made a double batch of the lemon pudding muffins just now. They were very good!!!! So excited and happy to have something new!!

You can always use Google to search 3FC
Directions are in the first post of every day's Daily Chat.

This is the best thread for P3. It'll take some time to read thru it so plan for it.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/228564-phase-3-breakfast-ideas.html

Bellamack
02-12-2014, 08:47 PM
MINUS 17 when I got up this morning. stayed in and sewed all day :)

Thanks for the link for the free Quest Bars :)

Congrats to all the Scale & NSV's, especially like the down-sized undies :)

Stay warm & Stay OP :)

ColoradoCarol
02-12-2014, 09:42 PM
Had my WI today, down .8. Typical for me - I had a bigger week loss wise last week-3.4). This is my usual pattern.

Onward I go. It will come off eventually. I really would like to be at goal by my birthday (June 26).

sweetenuf
02-12-2014, 10:14 PM
Are my post visible?

jendilly
02-12-2014, 10:36 PM
Are my post visible?

Yes...I see this.

sweetenuf
02-12-2014, 10:50 PM
Yes...I see this.

Ok thank you. Posted earlier today with no response from one person and I was worried.

jendilly
02-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Ok thank you. Posted earlier today with no response from one person and I was worried.

I know how you feel. Sometimes I put a lot of thought into a post and get zero response. Don't take it personally...at least I try not to. :hug:

Last Hurrah
02-13-2014, 01:22 AM

Thanks , just took the survey. :D