Old 02-09-2014, 10:13 PM   #1  

Talking Starting the Martha's Vineyard Detox Diet...

Hi all.

On Wednesday, I'm starting the Martha's Vineyard detox diet. This is a fasting juice diet.

I completed a 21 day detox 6 years ago, so this will be my 2nd attempt.

I'm now 32, and weigh 185 lbs. My goal weight is 160 lbs, eventually. I'm hoping the detox will jump start me on my way to my goal weight.

I found during the last detox, posting my progress online helped me stay focused and on track... you I plan to make daily updates.
matt_ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:01 PM   #2  

Talking Day 2

Day 2:

So... I got motivated and started my fast on Monday morning, which means I'm at the end of day 2.

I'm doing really well so far. just weighed in @ 181.8, but more than and weight loss, I'm dealing with cravings really well... or rather, I'm not really having them much. When I do have any cravings, i just take a swig of vegetable juice and they are going right away.

Will power has been a function of location in the first 2 days. I've been in my apartment mostly, and will be tomorrow as well, but I'll be working in office thursday and friday.

I'm kinda stressed about how I'll do out in the real world, but I'll need figure that out if I'm gonna do a full 21 day detox.

More updates to come.

Last edited by matt_ob; 02-13-2014 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:57 PM   #3  

Day 4:

So far so good.

I like I said, I have done one of these detoxes in the past. I kinda forgot how much the vegetable juice helps with cravings.

I zero cravings yesterday or today. Day 1 was basically the worst, so far.

I'm at 178.6 lbs. I know I'm gonna plateau at some point and go days without losing... Util then, I think this isn't gonna be too rough.