Weight Watchers - WW Feb-- What's for supper?

View Full Version : WW Feb-- What's for supper?

DrivenByAmbition
02-09-2014, 04:55 PM
Thought it was time for a newish type post...

So I'm having 6 ounces of ribeye, asparagus, and broccoli.

What are you eating tonight?

amandie
02-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Sounds yummy, DBA!!

Tonight will be sort of cabbage roll but lasagna style, though. cabbage with homemade nomato sauce (beets, carrots, onions, garlic, bay leaf, and Italian seasoning), ground beef and brown rice.

Thanks for making this thread!

Serenity100
02-09-2014, 07:54 PM
Wild Alaskan Salmon with balsamic/honey sauce, roasted sweet potato fries, asparagus, and broccoli.

I have to say I am not crazy about Salmon, I only like it on the grill in the summer. But it is good for you and it wasn't terrible. It teaches me to eat to live, not live to eat. I got some good protein into me. ;)

amandie
02-09-2014, 10:50 PM
Serenity- I'm picky on how I like my salmon fillets. Either teriyaki style (soy sauce, brown sugar, roasted garlic and sometimes a littlee bit of oyster sauce if I have it on hand) with toasted sesame seeds or just lemon pepper and lemon juice. Mmm! I haven't had salmon fillet in a long time. My household is not a big fan of seafood, unfortunately. :(

DrivenByAmbition
02-09-2014, 11:01 PM
It teaches me to eat to live, not live to eat. I got some good protein into me. ;)

That is such a positive way of looking at it! I think I need to post that quote in the kitchen. Eat to live, not live to eat.

Serenity100
02-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Amandie - I eat seafood because I find you get good protein and my body metabolizes it quickly. I actually started to like the sushi quality rare tuna. I couldn't believe it.:D I also buy cooked frozen shrimp, that is my favorite, it is all ready cooked you defrost it and it takes 3 minutes to heat up with some sort of flavors.

Today I am having quinoa with mushrooms and leeks (a recipe in one of the WW Points Plus cookbooks) and a veggie burger.

I'm the mother in my household so I can decide what we are going to eat since I do the cooking grocery shopping. :dizzy:;)

DrivenByAmbition
02-10-2014, 07:25 PM
Preheat oven to 350.
Lightly spray a 913 baking dish with cooking spray. With a handheld mixer, mix cream cheese, eggs, pepper, garlic powder and parmesan cheese until combined. Spread into baking dish. Bake for 12-15 minutes, our until golden brown. Allow crust to cool for 10 minutes.
Spread pizza sauce on crust. Top with cheese and toppings. Bake 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Allow pizza to rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing and serving.

amandie
02-10-2014, 07:42 PM
Sounds good, DBA!!

Tonight was a big chicken taco salad with a few tortilla lime chips, crushed, shredded cheese, dollop Greek yogurt, a bit of chunky salsa and some lime juice.

smashlers
02-11-2014, 11:58 AM
Those cabbage rolls sound SO GOOD. I am having chicken sausage with broccoli and a salad with chunky blue cheese.

Serenity100
02-11-2014, 05:05 PM
I'm having balsamic chicken thighs I cooked in the slow cooker, and the leftover quinoa from last night. I messed up with the chicken, I was supposed to have two packages so my son has to eat macaroni and cheese for dinner. :D

I try to make double or even triple the recipe and then I can freeze it or eat it again later in the week. Now that I eat smaller portions, stuff I make last forever. lol

DrivenByAmbition
02-11-2014, 05:16 PM
Turkey burger and veggies tonight.

Snoofie
02-12-2014, 09:34 PM
It was weigh-in night for me tonight, and I always have something "bad" after that, so I had a homemade thin-crust pizza with skim mozzarella and reduced-fat pepperoni, salami and smoked ham (2 slices each.) It was fantastic.

Serenity100
02-13-2014, 05:40 PM
It was weigh-in night for me tonight, and I always have something "bad" after that, so I had a homemade thin-crust pizza with skim mozzarella and reduced-fat pepperoni, salami and smoked ham (2 slices each.) It was fantastic.

Sounds yummy. What do you use for the crust? Or do you make your own crust?

Today I had my veggie crumbles meat sauce and pasta.

amandie
02-13-2014, 06:22 PM
Yum, love me some pizza!!!

Tonight will be a smoked turkey sausage with ziti pasta in spinach Alfredo sauce. BF and mom are not a fan of "eating" spinach so I just pulse it a couple times in the blender with a jar of Alfredo sauce.

DrivenByAmbition
02-20-2014, 06:39 PM
hamburger steak, asparagus, and yellow squash.

amandie
02-23-2014, 03:06 PM
Last night was homemade macaroni and cheese with broccoli and diced turkey sausage.

Tonight will be a 50-50 ratio of scalloped cauliflower and potatoes with onions. Green beans on the side and I'm not sure on the protein yet, either chicken boob or pork loin chop but definitely shake 'n' bake style.

DrivenByAmbition
02-23-2014, 08:33 PM
5 ounces of a rib eye, little olive oil and fresh garlic. Yellow squash, Asparagus, and steamed broccoli. Such a good, simple, filling meal.

amandie
02-24-2014, 03:26 PM
Sounds really good, DBA! No idea yet for tonight yet. I'll edit post later on.

ETA- grilled chicken with BBQ sauce, dill weed potato salad with stone ground mustard, bacon baked beans and grilled cabbage. So full!

Serenity100
02-24-2014, 06:13 PM
Turkey Chilli with 1/2 ww tortilla. I have a gas stove so I heat the tortilla directly on the burner. Yum

DrivenByAmbition
02-24-2014, 07:40 PM
Turkey burger, zucchini, and roasted potatoes in garlic and onion.

amandie
02-24-2014, 10:36 PM
Turkey Chilli with 1/2 ww tortilla. I have a gas stove so I heat the tortilla directly on the burner. Yum

Lucky you on the gas stove!

Serenity100
02-25-2014, 05:35 PM
Lucky you on the gas stove!

That's the only way I know how to cook. lol. Lots of towns nearby don't have gas.

Today we had chicken parmesan from an online recipe. It was good, but really nothing like real chicken parmesan. only a little breadcrumbs sprinkled with parmesan cheese. but that's why it was low points. Had some fresh broccoli, not frozen. Didn't realize there is a big difference in taste and texture. lol

DrivenByAmbition
02-25-2014, 06:57 PM
Turkey burger, zucchini, asparagus, and broccoli. (fresh veggies as well, mmm)

amandie
02-25-2014, 07:05 PM
That's the only way I know how to cook. lol. Lots of towns nearby don't have gas.

Today we had chicken parmesan from an online recipe. It was good, but really nothing like real chicken parmesan. only a little breadcrumbs sprinkled with parmesan cheese. but that's why it was low points. Had some fresh broccoli, not frozen. Didn't realize there is a big difference in taste and texture. lol

Yum, I love chicken parmesan. Panko works well instead of the traditional breadcrumbs.

Tonight's dinner was ground beef stroganoff with 1 oz pasta and a ton of mushrooms & onions.

Serenity100
02-26-2014, 06:20 PM
Yum, I love chicken parmesan. Panko works well instead of the traditional breadcrumbs.

Tonight's dinner was ground beef stroganoff with 1 oz pasta and a ton of mushrooms & onions.

This sounds yummy.

Tonight I made the WW recipe Provencal beef stew. The one with the beans, no potatoes. It was delicious! 5 points for 1 1/4 cup serving. This leaves extra points if you want some nice crusty bread to go with it, or a special dessert.

amandie
02-26-2014, 07:09 PM
Thank you. It was really good, I made my own cream of mushroom "soup" using milk, cornstarch, beef broth, garlic, onions and mushrooms. Also, in my beef stroganoff, I've started to add spicy brown and/or stone ground mustard instead of ketchup or tomato paste.

Tonight's dinner was sort of a Mexican salad with grilled pork cut into strips, white beans, lemon lime cilantro brown rice, doll of Greek yogurt, lime pan roasted corn, a ton of lettuce/spinach a few black olives. Delish!

bubblybee
02-26-2014, 07:22 PM
Black bean and brown rice burritos with avocado tonight!

amandie
02-26-2014, 08:32 PM
BubblyBeatrice- Yum, sounds good. Are you vegetarian?

DrivenByAmbition
02-26-2014, 10:26 PM
Pulled pork with sweet baby ray's, steamed broccoli, and asparagus. Trying to eat only fresh veggies so there are repeats, but I love fresh veggies.

bubblybee
02-27-2014, 06:55 AM
BubblyBeatrice- Yum, sounds good. Are you vegetarian?

Nope, I could never give up my chicken and turkey. :D But we try to have at least one completely meatless/fishless dinner per week.

Serenity100
02-27-2014, 04:53 PM
Tonight I'm making Blackened Talapia. Got the recipe by googling and "Cooking Light" magazine had quite a few good ones. There were a couple others I want to try but I needed either avocado or fresh lime juice and didn't feel like running out.

But, here is the creepy part, when I printed out the recipe, there was a page with all of the markets nearby and the price of Tilapia. Somehow they knew my zip code. I guess they have to make money somehow since they give you the recipes for free. I was just a little taken aback how they knew my zip code without me putting it in.

amandie
02-27-2014, 08:06 PM
Maybe you have enabled location settings or something like that on your browser? That is a bit creepy, indeed. Blackened fish- another one of my favorites!

Tonight is simple- a little bit of homemade cheesy pizza pull-aparts and a bigarse salad.