Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-09-2014, 02:43 AM   #1  

Default Water weight after "binging" and too many carbs?

So, if i eat many more calories on a certain day than i normally do and a lot more carbs, i will have some water weight to contend with, correct? What causes this and why?

Also how long does it usually take after commencing what is "normal" eating for me (carb and calorie controlled) to lose specifically water weight?
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:44 AM   #2  
Advanced Beginner

S/C/G: 304/ticker/150

Height: 5'5''

Hi
I don't know the answer to your first question, but I have noticed that when I have lots of bread or sweets, I get really dehydrated and need to drink about two litres/quarts of water before I feel better. It feels as if the carbs 'soak up' a lot of water.

The weight stays up for a few days and then usually drops drastically.
This is not a scientific explanation, but just my experience.
Alienor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 09:03 AM   #3  

Inflammation is the body's response to injury. In the case of carbohydrates, it's the body's response to too much stimulation. Blood vessels will dilate, water is collected to allow faster movement of chemicals between cells, etc. I'm sure there's a detailed process you can research.
earthecho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:28 PM   #4  

Thanks, and yes, i also get extremely thirsty when i eat outside of my diet plan which is relatively lower carb
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote