Atkins - Found this interesting thought I would share

Brooklynn
02-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Though I don't drink on induction I thought this was interesting. I don't know how much other info is out there about this so I thought I would share to see what you all think....
http://lowcarbediem.com/low-carb-vice-improving-your-diet-with-alcohol/

Also I lost weight much faster last time and didn't quit drinking so just made me say ...hmmmmm

sarahinparis
02-09-2014, 10:04 AM
That is interesting.

I don't drink a lot, and not very frequently, but I do live in France and my husband is quite the wine connoisseur so I have a glass of a "worth-it" wine every now and then. I definitely am a cheap date when I am in ketosis though, it's rare for me to finish one glass and I'm usually tipsy halfway through it.

I was surprised that Baileys showed up as such a low carb count - it's one of the few liqueurs I can stand but it's awfully sweet - I'm guessing right now I'd find it too sweet to be pleasant.

EasySpirit
02-09-2014, 11:41 AM
Thanks for sharing; I think I will switch beers and wines to lower carb ones.

calee
02-09-2014, 12:30 PM
I too am a cheap date. I rarely drink but when I have a glass of red wine I'm just about under the table half way through. I have kind of sworn off drinking until my weight is where I want it. Ketosis is where I'd rather be for now.