Ideal Protein Diet - Not having restricteds....

View Full Version : Not having restricteds....

Sheriously
02-08-2014, 05:00 PM
For about a week or more now, I haven't been eating any restricted foods....not planned really, just that I happened to choose foods that were unrestricted. I will be receiving some alternative restricted bars in the mail on Monday though.

I have been dreaming of cake. haha. :p I am thinking that the not having restricteds is doing this. Also do you think I would be slower to lose if I don't have restricteds?

And...do you think I should catch up on them by eating a couple of those restricted bars in one day when they come? ;)

Since I can't have a signature yet...here's what I can share
...1st week - down 8 pounds
...2nd week - down 4 pounds
...3rd week - down 3 pounds for a grand total of 15 pounds in 3 weeks! :carrot:
...4th week was this previous week.

I don't know what I weigh...I told my coach NOT to tell me until I start feeling fabulous. But she can tell me what I've lost. I would suspect that I still have about 30 pounds or so to lose

IPMaryD
02-08-2014, 05:46 PM
Have you made any of the pudding cakes? I found the banana to be the best-- recipe on this site-- 3 egg whites whipped, 1 tsp of vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon for baking powder. I dipped them in the WF chocolate sauce.

lisa32989
02-08-2014, 05:52 PM
For about a week or more now, I haven't been eating any restricted foods....not planned really, just that I happened to choose foods that were unrestricted. I will be receiving some alternative restricted bars in the mail on Monday though.

I have been dreaming of cake. haha. :p I am thinking that the not having restricteds is doing this. Also do you think I would be slower to lose if I don't have restricteds?

And...do you think I should catch up on them by eating a couple of those restricted bars in one day when they come? ;)

Since I can't have a signature yet...here's what I can share
...1st week - down 8 pounds
...2nd week - down 4 pounds
...3rd week - down 3 pounds for a grand total of 15 pounds in 3 weeks! :carrot:
...4th week was this previous week.

I don't know what I weigh...I told my coach NOT to tell me until I start feeling fabulous. But she can tell me what I've lost. I would suspect that I still have about 30 pounds or so to lose
Nope. Only one restricted per day. If you haven't had any, you don't get to "make them up" unless you want to slow down or stop your weight loss.
Congrats on your success.

The restricteds are there to help us not feel so restricted. They give us an occasional treat. The plan is designed for one per day so if you lose eating them, go ahead!

You can't really hack IP to make it go faster. Just follow the plan.

jendilly
02-08-2014, 08:15 PM
Have you made any of the pudding cakes? I found the banana to be the best-- recipe on this site-- 3 egg whites whipped, 1 tsp of vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon for baking powder. I dipped them in the WF chocolate sauce.

Can you tell me more about this? I haven't seen a recipe for these pudding cakes.

lisa32989
02-09-2014, 10:36 AM
Links to all of the recipe threads are in post 1 of the daily chat. Everyday.

jendilly
02-09-2014, 03:21 PM
Links to all of the recipe threads are in post 1 of the daily chat. Everyday.

I know they are and I've looked through them. But there are hundreds and hundreds of recipes and it's easy to miss one here and there and very hard to search through them (for me at least) when you are looking for something specific. Didn't think there was harm in asking that poster to provide more information regarding the pudding cakes. Not all of us have been here as long and are as savvy on the board. I'm doing the best I can.

drd1961
02-09-2014, 03:33 PM
Jendilly, I find the recipe links very overwhelming. I wish there was an easier way to review recipes.

jendilly
02-09-2014, 03:37 PM
Jendilly, I find the recipe links very overwhelming. I wish there was an easier way to review recipes.

Thank you. I agree. I don't even feel safe asking a question about them sometimes. Didn't think it was a big deal to ask a question right after someone posted a recipe idea. Apparently it is.

Ruth Ann
02-09-2014, 03:43 PM
Instead of using the site search function, I find using google and doing "ideal protein 3 fat chicks pudding cake recipe" (or whatever you are looking for) works much, much better.

Ruth Ann
02-09-2014, 03:47 PM
and here's the recipe I use - it can be done with puddings too

1 chocolate drink pack
1/8 cup water
1 egg white
1/4 tsp baking powder

I put this in a larger mug after I had stirred it til smooth.
The mug went on a dinner plate.
In the microwave set to 3 minutes, BUT watched it closely, as the cake started to rise up over the rim I stopped the micro, gave it 2-3 seconds to deflate, started again until it rose up again, then stopped it. In my oven it took just over a minute 20 sec.

It was done. I would really watch the window when making this- don't just assume 3 minutes- I think this recipe should be on the less done side.

jendilly
02-09-2014, 03:57 PM
and here's the recipe I use - it can be done with puddings too

1 chocolate drink pack
1/8 cup water
1 egg white
1/4 tsp baking powder

I put this in a larger mug after I had stirred it til smooth.
The mug went on a dinner plate.
In the microwave set to 3 minutes, BUT watched it closely, as the cake started to rise up over the rim I stopped the micro, gave it 2-3 seconds to deflate, started again until it rose up again, then stopped it. In my oven it took just over a minute 20 sec.

It was done. I would really watch the window when making this- don't just assume 3 minutes- I think this recipe should be on the less done side.

Thank you SO much. I always appreciate your willingness to help and your kindness, Ruth Ann. You are so supportive and a real inspiration.

patns
02-09-2014, 04:31 PM
Instead of using the site search function, I find using google and doing "ideal protein 3 fat chicks pudding cake recipe" (or whatever you are looking for) works much, much better.

Yes this does work much better than the search option on 3FC.

Ruth Ann
02-09-2014, 07:20 PM
Thank you SO much. I always appreciate your willingness to help and your kindness, Ruth Ann. You are so supportive and a real inspiration.

You're quite welcome!

And for the record, I don't think Lisa was trying to be difficult - more trying to point you in the right direction. I have found tons of good recipes by looking for other recipes. Lisa is one of the most helpful and supportive members of this board.

NanDeNa
02-09-2014, 09:49 PM
You're quite welcome!

And for the record, I don't think Lisa was trying to be difficult - more trying to point you in the right direction. I have found tons of good recipes by looking for other recipes. Lisa is one of the most helpful and supportive members of this board.

Short and sweet, Both you gals are amazing! Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication! :)

Ruth Ann
02-09-2014, 11:01 PM
Short and sweet, Both you gals are amazing! Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication! :)

Thanks NanDeNa! Just trying to give back some of the amazing support and encouragement I have received!

lisa32989
02-10-2014, 12:03 AM
You're quite welcome!

Thanks Ruth Ann
When I offer help and get nasty responses it makes me wonder why I'm helping at all :dizzy:

It takes time to figure out how to use the boards and how to search but the best way is to jump in and do it. I've done so many search refinements I can't even tell you. But I learned how to do it thru persistence. Kinda like IP ;)

jendilly
02-10-2014, 12:10 AM
Thanks Ruth Ann
When I offer help and get nasty responses it makes me wonder why I'm helping at all :dizzy:

It takes time to figure out how to use the boards and how to search but the best way is to jump in and do it. I've done so many search refinements I can't even tell you. But I learned how to do it thru persistence. Kinda like IP ;)

Wasn't trying to be "nasty" in my response. But you have to admit that your reply was a little abrupt when I was just asking the original poster for more info on the recipe. Maybe you could've answered for her or posted the link to the recipe itself. Just seemed a bit short. I know there are recipe links posted. Every day. Yes, they are in the daily chat thread. But when someone posts part of a recipe, is it really that wrong to ask them a question about it? I guess I need to read up on board etiquette. I thought no question was a stupid question and that we are all here to help.

I've only been here a short while. I'm still finding new things every day. I do appreciate the support and ideas that you share. Just maybe remember that some of us are still learning how to reshape our eating plans with IP, let alone trying to find all the wealth of info that is on this board.

Have a great evening!

Tree_fishes
02-10-2014, 12:31 AM
going back to the OP and topic... I was also wondering if there's something wrong with not having any restricted foods... because I've found that I really enjoy the unrestricted foods... Would that do anything to slow or speed my loss? I'll ask my coach tomorrow but it would be nice to get an opinion from someone who's experienced a similar situation.:)

jendilly
02-10-2014, 12:37 AM
going back to the OP and topic... I was also wondering if there's something wrong with not having any restricted foods... because I've found that I really enjoy the unrestricted foods... Would that do anything to slow or speed my loss? I'll ask my coach tomorrow but it would be nice to get an opinion from someone who's experienced a similar situation.:)

I'm sure others here with more experience will give great advice. For me, I tried not doing any restricted for a week to see if it would do anything to "speed it up" and it really didn't. I've tried only having 3 a week to see how that was. I think it really has to do with your preferences on what you want to eat. The "restricted" offer just some different variety when you are wanting the ease of a bar or the saltiness of a chip. Every body is going to be different on how you lose. The plan with one restricted a day works well for people, or IP wouldn't have that built in.

I say, go with what you want to do. If you want to try not having restricted, go for it. If you want one a day, that's fine too. My good friend lost 45 in just about 3 months. She rarely ate restricted packets. I have another friend that has lost 90 pounds in about 8 months. She has had a restricted just about every day.

lisa32989
02-10-2014, 12:41 AM

The restricteds are there for motivation.
They also provide a few more carbs and fat than the nons
YMMV on restricteds. I used them for MONTHS and literally probably wouldn't have done IP/stuck to it if it weren't for them.

Now my use of them is rare, mostly because soy/gluten-free restricteds cause me more cravings than I found with IP brand.

Some, very carb sensitive folks need to limit restricteds. Most people though should just follow the plan as written. It is low cal/carb enough without attempting to hack it further.

Re: coaches. ymmv on them, as well. There are different training levels and some only got basic trainings and never any refreshers as the plan evolved. You'll know if you have a good one or not by comparing responses to what others in the forum are told. It is amazing (and sad) how widely varied the info given out by different coaches can be.

Delgen
02-10-2014, 02:23 AM

I always spray my cup with PAM too.

I have even tried muffins with soup packets for a more savory one.

And I always put an egg white in my omlet mixes, too:):hug:

Delgen
02-10-2014, 02:27 AM

My coach originally told me to very careful with restricted. Then when I hit a plateau she had me eat one a day. It really did the trick. She said you sometimes need a few more calories after you have been on program for awhile.

65X65
02-10-2014, 08:48 AM

My own, very successful, IP experience was one of 8 months of using totally unrestricted items. Being Gluten Free long before IP, my choices were limited.

Choosing to stick only to easily accessible alternatives (used the EAS RTDrink Shakes a few times a week, esp when traveling) and only GF IP packets the majority of the time, limited choices for me. I was fine with that...and lost consistently, an average of 2+ lbs until the last 6-8 weeks ...which at that point - YES, those last 6 lbs were slow. Note: by then I was actually in a normal BMI range and that is an expected slowdown. Inches were still dropping quickly though during that last phase. Given my age and size ...the slight decrease in calories MAY have helped me, in spite of the fact the program is designed to work WITH using them.REALITY: I'm not average size..I'm older and I'm carb sensitive...so...would I have lost more with them? Who knows...I'm not an unhappy camper... This worked well for me, and MAY have been helpful.

I also really had to pay attention to sodium...which I did. I retain water and in spite of the guidelines of the program ....some of the products were problematic for me...( any product over 500 mgs) like the soups....we're more than my body could process well. Some EAS drinks also are a little higher than the comp IP item...but still not as high as the soups in sodium...but I was not using EAS exclusively, or every day. So if you think you are seeing some slowdowns and you are not approaching goal, normal BMI ...and are slowing down for what feels like too long, this is where paying attention to which products you use and astutely analyzing the rhythm of the scale, may give you some information. I did pay attention to this....a "scale freak-out" reaction is not my style. For example-I did not eat fish the same days I used EAS. It was just information. Information allowing me to deduce....too much sodium..not a good idea for this short old body. And one which helped me understand and adjust using common sense and the knowledge of how MY body works. It possibly kept me moving the right way.

So..two not popular things here:
No restricted products at all.....and I weighed every day..first thing in the AM. (Once and only once...why would I start weighing the coffee and water I drink..once I'm up and moving?!)