Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend Chat Sat 2/8 - Sun 2/9/2014

lisa32989
02-08-2014, 07:16 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

ems70508
02-08-2014, 09:03 AM
Happy Saturday y'all! Woke up early this am. Really just don't feel the need to sleep in anymore. I turned on the tv and the food network was on. It was that show "Best thing I ever ate". Of course it was all about chocolate! I grabbed my cookie dough swirl bar and coffee and watched all these amazing places serve up delishhhh chocolate recipes. Amazed that I didn't want to run to the store and make any of them! Super content with my bar. Anyway, off to the gym. Have a great day! I think mine will be warm enough to skip a jacket!

Delgen
02-08-2014, 09:06 AM
Happy Saturday y'all! Woke up early this am. Really just don't feel the need to sleep in anymore. I turned on the tv and the food network was on. It was that show "Best thing I ever ate". Of course it was all about chocolate! I grabbed my cookie dough swirl bar and coffee and watched all these amazing places serve up delishhhh chocolate recipes. Amazed that I didn't want to run to the store and make any of them! Super content with my bar. Anyway, off to the gym. Have a great day! I think mine will be warm enough to skip a jacket!

Reminds me of Valentine's day coming up, and my birthday is on the 17th. I was thinking the other day that I am always on some kind of diet on my birthday...and I haven't had BD cake in years! Probably a good thing.

sweetenuf
02-08-2014, 09:11 AM
Good Morning everyone, Hopefully it warms up a bit today in Houston like it says it should :) It would be nice to enjoy walking out my door lol.
Headed to bowling practice with my oldest son then I will attempt to finish my guest room renovation today.
Hope you all have a great day!!

Delgen
02-08-2014, 09:13 AM
Good Morning everyone, Hopefully it warms up a bit today in Houston like it says it should :) It would be nice to enjoy walking out my door lol.
Headed to bowling practice with my oldest son then I will attempt to finish my guest room renovation today.
Hope you all have a great day!!

It is warming up here in Billings too. We are finally above zero...My thermometer says it's 7 degrees. :^:

ems70508
02-08-2014, 09:18 AM
Delgen mine bday is on the 20th! Happy early bday! What are you doing for the the big day? I've seen on previous recipe threads a "packet back" cake, if you need to have one! I think ill survive without it!

ReenHag
02-08-2014, 09:20 AM
Morning, all!

A balmy 21 degrees F here this morning. Ugh! I cannot wait to warm up! Getting ready to work out. Had my ProtiDiet cereal this morning; don't want to make the same mistake I made earlier this week and work out on an empty stomach!

Enjoy your weekend, everyone.

Renee

Delgen
02-08-2014, 09:25 AM
Delgen mine bday is on the 20th! Happy early bday! What are you doing for the the big day? I've seen on previous recipe threads a "packet back" cake, if you need to have one! I think ill survive without it!

Yay for Aquarius! :D Happy BD to you too!:bday2you:

My BD falls on President's day, and since I work at a university, we always get a three day around my BD. My DH bought me roses yesterday for a pre-valentines day Pre- birthday. He knows I can't have cake, and I was super surprised!
I still don't know what I will do for the big day...it's a big 55. Not sure If I want to celebrate much. Maybe I will do some shopping! But I have not lost enough yet to justify that.

I have had packet cakes before, and that is a great idea!

Delgen
02-08-2014, 09:27 AM
Morning, all!

A balmy 21 degrees F here this morning. Ugh! I cannot wait to warm up! Getting ready to work out. Had my ProtiDiet cereal this morning; don't want to make the same mistake I made earlier this week and work out on an empty stomach!

Enjoy your weekend, everyone.

Renee

What a cute picture! Love your avatar, Reen!

65X65
02-08-2014, 09:31 AM
What a cute picture! Love your avatar, Reen!

Happy Bday! Yes celebrate.. Bracelets, books and something "springy" for your house or porch are reasons to shop!

Delgen
02-08-2014, 09:37 AM
Happy Bday! Yes celebrate.. Bracelets, books and something "springy" for your house or porch are reasons to shop!

Love the idea about something for the porch! THAT is what I will do!:hug:

nolasmurf
02-08-2014, 09:37 AM
Morning all. Had fun last night with my honeys sister and her bf. This is the first time we're seeing them since thanksgiving so they brought my honeys Xmas gift. They gave him a flight lesson. But the fun thing was they took a big box filled it with packing peanuts and paper airplanes. Inside each airplane was a silly note. Directing him to the tan plane. Well Robs color blind so he can't tell which ones tan so he had to open every single one. There must have been 15 or 20 of them! We were laughing the planes were flying and the dogs going nuts lol.
Finally got to bed around 2 after we all settled down. :)

Finally saw movement on the scale after almost 2 weeks,not a big whoosh but 1.6 lbs! I'll take it. Warming up in Nola, hopefully it will stick around for awhile.

bluegingham
02-08-2014, 09:55 AM
I have been trying to update my weight loss ticker (Yay!), but I am not sure if I have to make a new one or edit my existing one. When I click on make a new one, it directs me to a 3FC home page and not the ticker page.

Any ideas?:chin:

vachinyc
02-08-2014, 09:55 AM
Morning all: no warm up here yet but I guess it is only February. I wish it was at least sunny...

Somewhat disappointing (-0) weigh-in today but not unexpected. But, I'm not letting it get me down and I'm moving forward. In the tmi category, I've had a surprise visit by TOM and the big C. In addition to some challenging travel issues. I feel so bloated. Blech. Hoping to get some things worked out today.

Leaving tomorrow for another work travel swing - at a conference so I'm planning ahead and may be mixing in some phase 2 days with my phase 1 (since I'm essentially at goal) -- whatever makes the most sense. When I get back, planning to move to phase 2 for real. Woo Hoo. I'm ready to start the phasing I think.

Congrats NolaSmurf on your loss this week!

Hope you all have a nice weekend! IP POWER to you.

vachinyc
02-08-2014, 09:59 AM
I have been trying to update my weight loss ticker (Yay!), but I am not sure if I have to make a new one or edit my existing one. When I click on make a new one, it directs me to a 3FC home page and not the ticker page.

You go into user cp and edit signature and update your current one.

Ruth Ann
02-08-2014, 10:00 AM

Try going to "quick links" and then "edit signature" and you can just update your weight. Hit preview and you should see the updated ticker.

Slipfree
02-08-2014, 10:06 AM
Good morning. The scale finally moved! Down 4 pounds to 185. So relieved.

Nola, that is the coolest present presentation. Very clever :)

Ems- very jealous of you and Nola. It is still freezing in CT and we are expecting more snow tomorrow night. Ugh! Not sure that I am up for watching a whole show about chocolate, but I don't crave sweets right now either.

Renee, I am so with you about being done with winter. Losing all this weight, but I spend my life in bulky sweaters. Enjoy your work out.

Delgen, very sweet of your DH to bring you roses.

Delgen
02-08-2014, 10:08 AM
Slipfree, what a great loss! Congratulations!:woohoo:

bluegingham
02-08-2014, 10:11 AM

Saw on the announcements page of 3FC that...

"It seems that the link to the signature weight tracker is broken!"

PurpleMomster
02-08-2014, 11:36 AM

I've been home sick for the past couple of days and always end up watching Guy Fieri's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. Man, the food on that show is amazing! Probably not the best thing to watch when on a diet :D

Reminds me of Valentine's day coming up, and my birthday is on the 17th. I was thinking the other day that I am always on some kind of diet on my birthday...and I haven't had BD cake in years! Probably a good thing.

I made the chocolate pancake packet cake with WF marshmallow fluff (flavoured with SF caramel syrup) for my birthday in September. It was good - made me feel like I had a birthday cake!

Oh, something "springy" for the house sounds like a great idea :)

Morning all. Had fun last night with my honeys sister and her bf. This is the first time we're seeing them since thanksgiving so they brought my honeys Xmas gift. They gave him a flight lesson. But the fun thing was they took a big box filled it with packing peanuts and paper airplanes. Inside each airplane was a silly note. Directing him to the tan plane. Well Robs color blind so he can't tell which ones tan so he had to open every single one. There must have been 15 or 20 of them! We were laughing the planes were flying and the dogs going nuts lol.
Finally got to bed around 2 after we all settled down. :)

Finally saw movement on the scale after almost 2 weeks,not a big whoosh but 1.6 lbs! I'll take it. Warming up in Nola, hopefully it will stick around for awhile.

That sounds like an amazing gift! Lots of fun!

Good morning. The scale finally moved! Down 4 pounds to 185. So relieved.

Nola, that is the coolest present presentation. Very clever :)

Ems- very jealous of you and Nola. It is still freezing in CT and we are expecting more snow tomorrow night. Ugh! Not sure that I am up for watching a whole show about chocolate, but I don't crave sweets right now either.

Renee, I am so with you about being done with winter. Losing all this weight, but I spend my life in bulky sweaters. Enjoy your work out.

Delgen, very sweet of your DH to bring you roses.

Woohoo on the "woosh"!

Well, it's definitely not warming up here, nor is the snow going away. But it is only the beginning of February so a few more months to go <sigh>.

I'm finally feeling a bit better today - my ear isn't hurting as much, makes it a bit easier to sleep. Kind of busy weekend as usual with my son having 2 hockey games. He's got one at 3 this afternoon so I'm going to find something for the crockpot then we can come home to supper being ready.

I've forgotten how "snacky" I was during the first week or so on P1. I made up some hard boiled eggs and am keeping those and some extra pickles in the fridge for the next little while. The scale is looking good so far, hopefully it will be good to me on Tuesday :D

I see some clinics have gotten the new BBQ chips - anyone tried them yet? Are they good? Definitely something I'd be interested in.

Jo

lisa32989
02-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Saw on the announcements page of 3FC that...

"It seems that the link to the signature weight tracker is broken!"

Update it in user cp in your signature. You can just change the current weight number.

Chelle T
02-08-2014, 01:07 PM
Slipfree, what a great loss! Congratulations!:woohoo:

Keep up the great work. Im just finishing my first week and slip free as well. We can do this!!!:carrot:

Slipfree
02-08-2014, 01:09 PM
Even better Chelle T., we are doing this! :D

Bellamack
02-08-2014, 02:12 PM
well it was -9 when I got up this morning. brrrrrrrr. watching the pairs skating, love it!

going out to dinner tonight, a little worried about the menu as it is a small restaurant, but I will make something work.

Have a great weekend & congrats on the losses :)

nolasmurf
02-08-2014, 02:51 PM
Okay, I need to go back to bed and start this day over!
I had car trouble on the way to work, finally get here and I've left my id badge at home. Can't get him to bring it until later. If they catch me with out it I could get in big trouble. State gaming laws requires us to have it all times. Then my work computer is jacked up.. GRRRR!

FacingIt27
02-08-2014, 02:56 PM
Sorry to hear about your day Nola, hopefully it will get better from here!
Just checking in with you ladies. Had my Week 4 WI today. I was down 1.6 lbs, lost 1.8 lbs of fat and gained 0.2 pounds of muscle. It's my slowest week so far, and I knew it would be as I am daily weigher and that scale was totally STUCK almost all week. I am pleased to have made progress regardless though and hoping to keep it up! On Monday I leave for Cabo San Lucas for a work trip and am planning to stay 100% OP. For those of you who read my Unrestricted vs Restricted thread, I picked up some bars today and next week will be my first week trying any of the restricted foods. I'm really worried about being able to stay OP - ( not because i will eat any bad food) but because I can't measure or weigh food. Any tips or tricks guys?

clbott
02-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Any good Lent ideas? I used to do pancakes/eggs/pasta a lot. I have a severe seafood allergy so now I have NO idea what I'm gonna do! I guess I'm gonna get pretty sick of eggs! lol

IPMaryD
02-08-2014, 03:39 PM
CLBott,
I have been thinking about lent too, I just tried the regular crepe, and really liked it, although I had some trouble with is sticking to then pan! I used 1 table spoon of sugar free maple syrup that my coach said was okay.

Do you eat fish? I just had the grocery store steam some shrimp, and was also planning to eat some tuna.... please share your ideas :)

Slipfree
02-08-2014, 03:54 PM
I had not thought of Lent! How about IP waffles, or veggie frittata?

brelo
02-08-2014, 05:13 PM
Greetings everyone!

Well, today I have to say goodbye to one of my favorite articles of clothing! It seems that all of my tops are becoming too big. I don't mind wearing everything a little baggy, but everything is starting to slide off of the LEFT shoulder. It would be okay if it was bigger on both sides, but to only fall of one shoulder? Well, it's better than the alternative! Anyone else have weird issues like this?

Hope everyone is having a great OP day!

FacingIt27
02-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Greetings everyone!

Well, today I have to say goodbye to one of my favorite articles of clothing! It seems that all of my tops are becoming too big. I don't mind wearing everything a little baggy, but everything is starting to slide off of the LEFT shoulder. It would be okay if it was bigger on both sides, but to only fall of one shoulder? Well, it's better than the alternative! Anyone else have weird issues like this?

Hey Brelo, it could very well be a posture issue! Maybe you've never noticed you tend to stand with your left side slightly slouched, or your right side more stiffly upright!

ColoradoCarol
02-08-2014, 05:57 PM
It has been a VERY busy Saturday - haircut, great nephews' basket ball games (they are 7 and 10), Sprouts, Walmart, King Soopers and Costco. Also went to Starbucks to pick up a gift card for my neighbor. I have never met him, but he must have gotten a snowblower for Christmas because he has been clearing everyone's walks and driveways.

Whew what a day!

But all the errands are done and I can do the chores at home.

Happy Saturday.

drd1961
02-08-2014, 06:14 PM
My Saturday started with a swim, then some shopping because I have very few jeans that fit and am close enough to goal to feel that I will have these for a while. Then haircut. Watching Olympics and tonight going to see Her.

clbott
02-08-2014, 06:51 PM
CLBott,
I have been thinking about lent too, I just tried the regular crepe, and really liked it, although I had some trouble with is sticking to then pan! I used 1 table spoon of sugar free maple syrup that my coach said was okay.

Do you eat fish? I just had the grocery store steam some shrimp, and was also planning to eat some tuna.... please share your ideas :)

I had not thought of Lent! How about IP waffles, or veggie frittata?
No, sadly I can't eat anything that lives in water. The only problem I'm running across will be dinner. The other meals and snacks are easy to work around. I need an animal protein substitute. I think I saw a vegetarian thread. I think I'll check that out for ideas.

jendilly
02-08-2014, 06:58 PM
I feel like I need to step in to a confessional. I know it's not a huge deal, but I did a little cheat today and I feel so guilty and yucky about it. I was at my daughter's volleyball tournament and ate 2 grapes (I know...that's nothing) but then they passed out the most amazing cupcakes from the best bakery in town to all the girls. It smelled SO good...and I took a tiny bite of the thick, rich, fudge frosting. I know I shouldn't have...immediately I said, well that was dumb. I didn't eat any more than that, but it was enough to make me regret it and feel so bad that I "cheated". Ugh!!! It honestly is the first cheat I've done in over 6 weeks of being on IP. Not going to beat myself up about it, just bummed.

Slipfree
02-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Jendilly, so you slipped, pick your self up by the boot straps and move on. Learn from the experience, remember that feeling of being guilty and bummed and use that to keep you on your path. :D :hug:

mars735
02-08-2014, 07:19 PM
I feel like I need to step in to a confessional. I know it's not a huge deal, but I did a little cheat today and I feel so guilty and yucky about it. I was at my daughter's volleyball tournament and ate 2 grapes (I know...that's nothing) but then they passed out the most amazing cupcakes from the best bakery in town to all the girls. It smelled SO good...and I took a tiny bite of the thick, rich, fudge frosting. I know I shouldn't have...immediately I said, well that was dumb. I didn't eat any more than that, but it was enough to make me regret it and feel so bad that I "cheated". Ugh!!! It honestly is the first cheat I've done in over 6 weeks of being on IP. Not going to beat myself up about it, just bummed.

If that were the worst thing i ever did on P1....I once ate an entire cupcake--the smell that you described. It sounds like you were caught off guard. You truly did GREAT not eating the whole thing. Now you're OP again and it's in the past. :carrot:

jendilly
02-08-2014, 07:52 PM
Thanks, appreciate the support. The cupcake was so rich that my 10 year old couldn't even finish it (and it's rare for her to turn down sweets), so she threw it away when we got home. I had to smell it in the car all the way home. In the past, when she didn't want it, I would've finished it for her in a heartbeat. So, there is that small victory!

tinespeens
02-08-2014, 09:36 PM
Hello everyone! Hope the winter isn't taking too much out of you. I'm over the cold.
Finished my 3rd week of IP, and down 13lbs! I'm on my TOM so the scale hasn't moved in a few days. Trying to drink lots of water, but I still feel super bloated. Blahh.
Quick question: how important are the supplements we're supposed to take? I only ask because I am terrible at remembering to take them. Some days I forget to take any, while other days I only remember to take some of them.
I hope it isn't slowing my progress.
Hope the rest of your weekend is great. :)

Staceyhay
02-08-2014, 10:58 PM
I have a question about the omega 3's. My center gave me a bottle of them along with other supplements in the initial sign up. I have been on IP for three weeks and my bottle is gone. The question is are we really supposed to take 3 a day? My program is 1 at lunch and 2 with dinner, but on the bottle it says the dose is 2 per day. What are you all taking?

infoplease
02-08-2014, 11:33 PM
Quick question: how important are the supplements we're supposed to take? I only ask because I am terrible at remembering to take them. Some days I forget to take any, while other days I only remember to take some of them.
I hope it isn't slowing my progress.
It's not so much that the supplements will impact your progress, it's that they have included them to help replace nutrients we are missing from food. Sometimes they just make you feel better. I bought a pill container, 7 days per week with AM and PM containers. I can take an individual day's container out and put in my purse or food container. Plus, I only have to fill it once a week. Less elegant solution is just get a sandwich bag, put the day's pills in there and keep it with your packets. When you pull a packet it will remind you if you need to take something.

I have a question about the omega 3's. My center gave me a bottle of them along with other supplements in the initial sign up. I have been on IP for three weeks and my bottle is gone. The question is are we really supposed to take 3 a day? My program is 1 at lunch and 2 with dinner, but on the bottle it says the dose is 2 per day. What are you all taking?
My coach said they changed the formula of the Omega 3's but have not yet changed the Phase 1 write-up. It is now 1 at lunch and 1 at dinner, which matches the two spaces in the journal.
I also noticed the enzymes and anti-oxy bottle labels don't match the diary. Are you taking either of these optional ones?

Staceyhay
02-09-2014, 12:07 AM
My coach said they changed the formula of the Omega 3's but have not yet changed the Phase 1 write-up. It is now 1 at lunch and 1 at dinner, which matches the two spaces in the journal.
I also noticed the enzymes and anti-oxy bottle labels don't match the diary. Are you taking either of these optional ones?[/QUOTE]

I am not taking the enzymes or anti-oxy. Are they crucial?

infoplease
02-09-2014, 12:13 AM
StacyHay,
The enzymes and anti-oxy are optional not crucial.
I did not take the anti-oxy the first time around and only ended up using the enzymes after I had been on p1 for quite a few months. My coach indicated that these are suggested for people who complained of digestion problems prior to starting IP (at least I think that's what I heard).

kabaker
02-09-2014, 12:20 AM
Whoops, posted in the wrong forum!

FacingIt27
02-09-2014, 02:11 AM

I was wondering the same exact thing! Also, i picked up a whole new batch of vitamins today and the Omega 3's are new. Different packaging, different color, and WAY stronger fish smell. The ones i had before were yellow gel-like. These are dark blue or black.

Vippysue
02-09-2014, 06:44 AM
Morning all: no warm up here yet but I guess it is only February. I wish it was at least sunny...

Somewhat disappointing (-0) weigh-in today but not unexpected. But, I'm not letting it get me down and I'm moving forward. In the tmi category, I've had a surprise visit by TOM and the big C. In addition to some challenging travel issues. I feel so bloated. Blech. Hoping to get some things worked out today.

Leaving tomorrow for another work travel swing - at a conference so I'm planning ahead and may be mixing in some phase 2 days with my phase 1 (since I'm essentially at goal) -- whatever makes the most sense. When I get back, planning to move to phase 2 for real. Woo Hoo. I'm ready to start the phasing I think.

Congrats NolaSmurf on your loss this week!

Hope you all have a nice weekend! IP POWER to you.

Congrats on reaching goal!

Vippysue
02-09-2014, 06:59 AM
If you could get only one IP non restricted packet, which one would it be? I'm looking for something versatile. I haven't tried many and hate to spend the money on a full box and then not like it. My sister in law liked the mushroom soup....me, not so much. Have also tried peach mango drink, blah, and vanilla pudding.

65X65
02-09-2014, 07:16 AM
StacyHay,
The enzymes and anti-oxy are optional not crucial.
I did not take the anti-oxy the first time around and only ended up using the enzymes after I had been on p1 for quite a few months. My coach indicated that these are suggested for people who complained of digestion problems prior to starting IP (at least I think that's what I heard).

The vitamins and calcium are crucial since this diet is so restricted. My center actually made clients sign a waiver they would take them and emphasized in the paper work the importance of doing so since the diet is absolutely incomplete nutrition regarding the levels of daily nutrients supplied. If you were not a vitamin taker in the past you need to think about behavior modification for yourself... (what you should be trying to do on this diet to be successful long term) especially since women SHOULD be taking calcium daily to minimize osteoporosis.

As for the fish oil...there are many health benefits. I never took them prior to the program, and was sloppy about doing multi and calcium. Reading the waiver by my clinic cured me as I recognized the Office I was going to; considered the deficiency in nutrition a risk...(balanced by benefit if done right of course). Although I am on maintenance, have taken those valuable pieces forward into my new healthier life...and take vitamin, calcium and fish oil. I solved the "remember" problem by using teen tiny glass kitchen spice prep cups, sometimes filling the days worth in the AM when I am making coffee and taking the morning doses. The cups stack...and can be on the counter where they are inconspicuous as well as accessible when I am cleaning up and preparing food or getting coffee...It HAS finally become second nature. There are a lot of behaviors we need to work on while on IP...all health related. make this one a priority. There may threads or posts with how people get to this point.

The vitamin box for a week did not work for me..but it might be perfect for someone else. Mostly I hated the size and the way it looked "out". Also it took too long to count out and fill for a week...and had to be done... no matter how busy to be effective. Often now at night when I take my last ones...it just makes sense to get next day ready...this has been less of a problem than I thought it would be. Morning is sometimes too hectic. A week takes too long! Find your best time..

Here is something on the benefits of fish oil. It has many helth benefits ...as does any anti oxidant. Worth taking seriously. Also...it is best to take the multi with a meal in which you have some fat. Most vitamins are lipid or fat soluble ...and need the fat to be absorbed.

My advice is to take it with the meal you use your olive oil at.http://www.webmd.com/healthy-aging/omega-3-fatty-acids-fact-sheet
This one is a quick little explanation of of vitamin absorption.http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=10736

Ruth Ann
02-09-2014, 08:04 AM
I have just gotten into the routine of taking pills - it took awhile but I did it. I have to take nexium before I eat and everything else on a full stomach. It helps that dh is on about the same schedule as I am so we can remind each other.

I buy the potassium and cal-mags from my clinic. Everything else I buy at the store. Besides the potassium and cal-mags I take Vit D, fish oil, 2 multi-vitamins, iron, and vit C (helps with absorption of iron).

I keep one small pill container in my purse with a few of all of them in case we're out somewhere for breakfast or dinner so I can get them in (I absolutely have to take them on a full stomach!).

65X65
02-09-2014, 08:14 AM
I have just gotten into the routine of taking pills - it took awhile but I did it. I have to take nexium before I eat and everything else on a full stomach. It helps that dh is on about the same schedule as I am so we can remind each other.

I buy the potassium and cal-mags from my clinic. Everything else I buy at the store. Besides the potassium and cal-mags I take Vit D, fish oil, 2 multi-vitamins, iron, and vit C (helps with absorption of iron).

I keep one small pill container in my purse with a few of all of them in case we're out somewhere for breakfast or dinner so I can get them in (I absolutely have to take them on a full stomach!).

Yes...good to have stash in purse/car for the crazy off the wall days. ALso...there is a need to juggle Rx meds with all of this. Remember if you take Synthroid, not to take it with in a few hrs of ingesting soy...or taking Ca supplement. That has shifted my taking it to when/if I get up in the middle of the night or outrageously early... to use the bathroom...

Calcium and Soy both are chelating compounds...which means they bind the active properties of Thryoid hormone...and you might as well forget taking it.

Had an endocrinologist suggest middle of the night to take Thyroid Rx years ago because of calcium supplement importance as I got older...but until I got serious about the vitamin regimen on IP must admit...was not so good at it. That's another behavior I took the chance for IP to help me fix in myself.

RosiePosie101
02-09-2014, 08:18 AM
I guess I'm one of those lucky ones with an iron-clad stomach. I can take my pills at any time but I have mine in the bathroom and I take the morning ones after breakfast but before I brush my teeth and the evening ones after dinner just before I go to bed. This seems to work well for me but I know others who need to take them with a meal.

lisa32989
02-09-2014, 09:20 AM
I'm incredibly particular about omega 3s.
I won't take ones with a fishy smell after reading many different places that if they have a fishy smell, they're made from rancid oils, which are bad for us.
I buy mine from a medical-grade company. There are several. It is easy to google. I found a link one day to the company that reviews fish oils. I found Carlton's, omega brite, and Omapure were 3 of the easily-obtainable brands and I purchase one of those.

Ruth Ann The supplements you're buying at the clinic are some of the easiest to find at pharmacies (or like me, mail order)

If you could get only one IP non restricted packet, which one would it be? I'm looking for something versatile. I haven't tried many and hate to spend the money on a full box and then not like it. My sister in law liked the mushroom soup....me, not so much. Have also tried peach mango drink, blah, and vanilla pudding.
See...the problem is that everyone will like simething different. Your sil likes the mushroom soup & so do I (but I don't use it anymore due to soy content). Things I recommend you may not like. I prefer the dark chocolate pudding mix. It makes a great morning smoothie and a great snack at night. But I prefer items that are less-sweet. My other favorite is the the potato purée. I make bread and muffins with it.
The most versatile would be a RTD imo

Mandy078
02-09-2014, 10:12 AM
Okay I asked this question in another thread but I figured who would know better than all you pros who have been on here for a while.

I am on week 3 IP and all of a sudden I am having heartburn. Now while a lot of people have this symptom all of the time in life this is completely new to me. I had the LapBand 7 years ago and while the surgery helped me lose approximately 50 lbs I have been stalled for a couple years. BUT having said that one thing it took away completely is heartburn. Is this a symptom of ketosis?

My coach said "No worries take all the supplements at different times and only after u have something on ur stomach, if this doesn't help take some sugar free mylanta also at dinner eat the protein first then veggies"

ReenHag
02-09-2014, 10:19 AM
Yes...good to have stash in purse/car for the crazy off the wall days. ALso...there is a need to juggle Rx meds with all of this. Remember if you take Synthroid, not to take it with in a few hrs of ingesting soy...or taking Ca supplement. That has shifted my taking it to when/if I get up in the middle of the night or outrageously early... to use the bathroom...

Calcium and Soy both are chelating compounds...which means they bind the active properties of Thryoid hormone...and you might as well forget taking it.

Had an endocrinologist suggest middle of the night to take Thyroid Rx years ago because of calcium supplement importance as I got older...but until I got serious about the vitamin regimen on IP must admit...was not so good at it. That's another behavior I took the chance for IP to help me fix in myself.

65x65, you mentioned taking your thyroid meds like this in a previous post, too. My doc has never said anything about it, but I recently started taking your advice. I usually get up sometime between 3-4:30 AM to use the bathroom, so I take my thyroid meds at that time. The last time I got checked, my numbers were fine (about three weeks ago), but it doesn't seem like it could hurt!

~Renee

trynagn
02-09-2014, 10:29 AM
Lisa, I thought I've read through all the recipes but I don't remember one of muffins made with the potato purée. Can you share it?

65X65
02-09-2014, 10:39 AM
65x65, you mentioned taking your thyroid meds like this in a previous post, too. My doc has never said anything about it, but I recently started taking your advice. I usually get up sometime between 3-4:30 AM to use the bathroom, so I take my thyroid meds at that time. The last time I got checked, my numbers were fine (about three weeks ago), but it doesn't seem like it could hurt!

~Renee

Hi Renee...yep...I did not know this for years either...google thryoid meds and calcium..it's all over the place but most Docs dont tell their patients!! Outrageous!!!

http://www.webmd.com/osteoporosis/news/20000606/calcium-supplements-interfere-thyroid

stefnrod
02-09-2014, 10:53 AM
I really wanted pancakes this morning not sure how bad I messed up please help.
calories:140
calories from fat:25
total fat:2.5
Cholesterol:0
sodium:340
Total Carbs: 27
sugars:3
Protein:3
and used WF syrup had 2 pancakes
Did this hurt me and is it restricted or not allowed at all :(

calypso58
02-09-2014, 10:55 AM
Okay I asked this question in another thread but I figured who would know better than all you pros who have been on here for a while.

I am on week 3 IP and all of a sudden I am having heartburn. Now while a lot of people have this symptom all of the time in life this is completely new to me. I had the LapBand 7 years ago and while the surgery helped me lose approximately 50 lbs I have been stalled for a couple years. BUT having said that one thing it took away completely is heartburn. Is this a symptom of ketosis?

My coach said "No worries take all the supplements at different times and only after u have something on ur stomach, if this doesn't help take some sugar free mylanta also at dinner eat the protein first then veggies"

Mandy,
I had never had heartburn before, but got it eating the SW cheese curls. Did you add a new food that might be doing this?

IdealProteinNewbie
02-09-2014, 10:55 AM

Sorry, but not allowed at all. Way too high in carbs and very low in protein.

If it's already done, nothing you can do. Just move on with the rest of your day and put it behind you.

In the future, the crispy cereal makes a great pancake.

stefnrod
02-09-2014, 10:59 AM
ok thanks, I have done so well to. Do you think it will mess up the whole week?

IdealProteinNewbie
02-09-2014, 11:01 AM
ok thanks, I have done so well to. Do you think it will mess up the whole week?

Can't tell you for sure. Most important is to move ahead and not let this little slip-up turn into something bigger.

IPMaryD
02-09-2014, 11:10 AM
trynagn: I make the potato muffins,

1 packet of potato puree
1 packet sweetener (Equal/Truvia)
1/4 tsp. baking powder

Mix together.

Add 1 egg white (or 3 T. egg whites in the carton)
6 T. water (if using egg whites in the carton slightly decrease water to 5 1/2 T).

Make sure it really is like batter, if it is too dry add more water. good luck!

vachinyc
02-09-2014, 11:16 AM

Thank you and... Chocolate drink mix!

nolasmurf
02-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Hi all, didn't have a chance to check in after my crazy day yesterday. Jeezum Pete's what a day! I was exhausted.

Saw this photo hanging on our property well coach's door last night on my way out. It struck me as needed..

sweetenuf
02-09-2014, 12:27 PM
My IP of choice id RTD chocolate shake.

I can't believe I am almost finished with week 4 :) still 100% OP.

So for the senior OP members has your time seem to fly or creep by?

IdealProteinNewbie
02-09-2014, 12:29 PM
Hi all, didn't have a chance to check in after my crazy day yesterday. Jeezum Pete's what a day! I was exhausted.

Saw this photo hanging on our property well coach's door last night on my way out. It struck me as needed..

Love that quote.

I've also heard, and can't quite remember the exact wording, "if you fall down half a flight of stairs, you don't pick yourself up and throw yourself down the other half."

Hawaii69
02-09-2014, 12:30 PM

I love that quote!

Hawaii69
02-09-2014, 12:32 PM

I love the chocolate drink! Either by itself or in my coffee. It just helps me get through days that I'm having cravings or feeling hungry. The premade vanilla drink is good too!

RosiePosie101
02-09-2014, 12:58 PM
I love the chocolate drink! Either by itself or in my coffee. It just helps me get through days that I'm having cravings or feeling hungry. The premade vanilla drink is good too!

Same! I have the chocolate drink with my coffee every morning. I found that this works best as I typically like milk in my coffee but was very aware that I was going over the allotted 1oz per day.

JLUS
02-09-2014, 01:20 PM

Check out Maple Grove Farms Sugar Free pancake mix... Low in carb and high in protein. Meets IP alternative stats and can be used instead of a packet (non-restricted). I make it with egg white and water only!

My market carries it in the section with gluten free (it's not GF) and Bob's Red 'ill baking products, not with the other pancake mixes. Be SURE to get sugar free.

I like the IP crispy cereal pancake a tiny bit more, but for the dramatic price difference, I use the Maple Grove and love it with my WF maple or blueberry syrup!!

65X65
02-09-2014, 02:35 PM

Nicely Done!!

Newbierm
02-09-2014, 03:08 PM
Hello everyone. I'm new here and all of your knowledge and information has been very much appreciated. My question has do do with supplements. I currently have some IP potassium Calcium and cal-mag but will soon run out. Does any know where you can get these or a reasonable replacement online? Thank you all in advance. This has been a frustrating search.

IntheEvening
02-09-2014, 04:08 PM
*sigh* I'm so glad I searched this forum for mood changes, boy, am I feeling it right now. I can't seem to shake off this sadness and anxiety. I'm 4 weeks in, staying 100% OP, and I've noticed a change in my moods. Found the answer, I was looking for, seems like a lot of this is due to estrogen being released from the fat that I am losing. Any one have any suggests, to ease my moods? Or anxiety? I seem to be worrying a lot, even about minor things. How did you cope?

Bellamack
02-09-2014, 04:30 PM
Good Evening, we are getting more snow, yuck!

My favorite IP thing, if I had to pick only one, was Wildberry yogurt, I blend it up with some ice and it gives me that "fruity & yogurt" that I miss.

Slipfree
02-09-2014, 04:40 PM
IntotheEvening, I am so sorry that you are feeling that way. When I felt some of that I told myself it was biological, I drank a lot of herbal teas, and I tried to stay busy. Walking helps too. Also without food as a comfort, we have to come up with strategies to handle our emotions. Hope it gets better for you.

IdealProteinNewbie
02-09-2014, 04:58 PM
I have a question about seasonings...I usually use sea salt and garlic powder on my roasted veggies.

However, I've seen many people use garlic salt. Does it taste similar to what I'm already using or different? Always looking for new flavors!

Also, anyone try the "fiesta lime" mrs. dash?

lisa32989
02-09-2014, 05:09 PM
I have a question about seasonings...I usually use sea salt and garlic powder on my roasted veggies.

However, I've seen many people use garlic salt. Does it taste similar to what I'm already using or different? Always looking for new flavors!

I actually mix garlic powder and real salt to make garlic salt. I use it frequently.
I also have a container of salt/pepper/garlic already premixed

lisa32989
02-09-2014, 05:24 PM

Ugh...gut problems are the worst, aren't they? Hearburn lingers so long!
It could be the soy causing you problems. Many people are soy sensitive.
That, or all of the sucralose (Splenda) in many products. It tears up my gut.

Lisa, I thought I've read through all the recipes but I don't remember one of muffins made with the potato purée. Can you share it?
It is in the recipe #4 thread. Link in first post of this thread.
The recipe someone else posted isn't the way I make them. I don't put sweetener in a savory.

Hello everyone. I'm new here and all of your knowledge and information has been very much appreciated. My question has do do with supplements. I currently have some IP potassium Calcium and cal-mag but will soon run out. Does any know where you can get these or a reasonable replacement online? Thank you all in advance. This has been a frustrating search.
Take your bottles to the pharmacy and you'll be surprised how easy it'll be to find something similar. Look in the Nature Made brand.
I buy mine thru Vitacost. Again, just spend some time looking at labels.
The potassium is the easy one. You don't need it to have calcium.
I actually got the Spectrum Ca/Mag/Zinc and also some plain Mag Cit

jendilly
02-09-2014, 05:31 PM
Not sure what's going on with me, could be the snow day, could be almost TOM (I'm always super irregular, so I never know), but I am craving chocolate something awful. I had lunch a couple of hours ago. Dinner won't be for a few hours and I generally have my snack in the evening...but I'm about to go nuts and scrounge for something. I won't really, but I feel like I "need" something. My daughter has a candy bar up in the cupboard...and I won't touch it, although I feel like I can smell it. Maybe I'll go have a small taste of some WF Chocolate syrup. What do you do when you get cravings like this and just want something?!

bigjoe
02-09-2014, 05:33 PM
What do u do to get rid of your sweet cravings?

lisa32989
02-09-2014, 05:38 PM
I had to learn the difference between hunger and wanting to eat.
When I'm hungry, lettuce will work
When I want to eat, it is a craving. The way to treat cravings is to not feed them. This weakens them.

wallysmommy
02-09-2014, 05:46 PM
I just want to say how much I appreciate the support in these groups. I mostly lurk, but I'm learning so much from y'all. I just flipped over to another group on FB. Some support, but lots of lecturing from one member about how everyone is doing IP wrong. We're all in this together...I appreciate the sharing of experiences in a positive way.

brelo
02-09-2014, 06:08 PM

Time does seem to creep by slowly, especially when some days I find myself sitting on my hands to keep from reaching for something to eat that I can't have. But THEN, all of a sudden 1/2 a year has gone by, and I suddenly find I am just a fraction of my former self! And that it happened way faster than any other diet I have ever been on!

Check out Maple Grove Farms Sugar Free pancake mix... Low in carb and high in protein. Meets IP alternative stats and can be used instead of a packet (non-restricted). I make it with egg white and water only!

I like the IP crispy cereal pancake a tiny bit more, but for the dramatic price difference, I use the Maple Grove and love it with my WF maple or blueberry syrup!!

I have to say my very favorite pancake mix is from Proti-diet, I use the plain. I also like the crispy cereal.

Vippysue
02-09-2014, 07:12 PM

Try Montreal Steak seasoning. It's by McCormick. Taste great on roasted vegetables and steak and its 0/0/0!

dlr9774
02-09-2014, 07:12 PM
Hi guys, It's been a while, as you know I have been in Mexico on family vacation. I took my WF syrpe and salad dressings (the individual pacs are fabulous for .85 cents Canadian.)
I did weigh in and gained 3.00lbs while away, Since being home, I have lost that 3 lbs, and have gained a new determination for IP and getting down before the summer.

Vippysue
02-09-2014, 07:18 PM
Thanks for all feedback on your favorites. I know we all have different tastes, but it gives me a place to start. I've found the vanilla pudding versatile.....frozen chai tea lattes, made in my Bullet, and almond cake have been my go tos.

trynagn
02-09-2014, 07:23 PM
Vippysue
Did you say almond cake? Is that an alternative product or a recipe?

Mandy078
02-09-2014, 07:42 PM
[QUOTE=lisa32989;4940001]Ugh...gut problems are the worst, aren't they? Hearburn lingers so long!
It could be the soy causing you problems. Many people are soy sensitive.
That, or all of the sucralose (Splenda) in many products. It tears up my gut.[QUOTE]

Thank you so much Lisa! I will try to keep track of what's causing it or making it worse! I love all the help I have gotten on this forum.

Mandy078
02-09-2014, 07:43 PM
Obviously I'm having a hard time quoting original messages. Lol. Oh well next time ill do it on my computer instead of my phone. Thanks again.

Vippysue
02-09-2014, 08:29 PM
Vippysue
Did you say almond cake? Is that an alternative product or a recipe?

It's a recipe I found here using Vanilla Pudding. I believe it was 2 egg whites and 2 tbsp of water and 1 teaspoon of vanilla, but I substituted almond extract. I did not use a whole teaspoon. Then bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Don't fill the dish more than half full as it expands. It's not really cakey, so maybe it's misnamed. I also thought it was rather eggy, so I went back to one egg white and added a bit more water to make it batter consistency. If you use artificial sweeter, you might want to add a pack.

I just liked that if I was in the mood for something different, there was versatility.

Hope that helps.

Staceyhay
02-09-2014, 09:13 PM
Take your bottles to the pharmacy and you'll be surprised how easy it'll be to find something similar. Look in the Nature Made brand.
I buy mine thru Vitacost. Again, just spend some time looking at labels.
The potassium is the easy one. You don't need it to have calcium.
I actually got the Spectrum Ca/Mag/Zinc and also some plain Mag Cit

Do you buy the vitacost brand?

ssdlturtle
02-09-2014, 10:51 PM
Have been working a lot lately so have not been able to get here for 10 days or so. Happy everyone is going well.

You all are a great inspiration. Have gone through cloths and got rid of a bunch - people at work said I had to get rid of some as so baggy. Great feeling!!!!

Lisa32989 sorry you are still stuck, give it some more time but hopefully will kick in. Have a great day

The weather is so cold, don't mind snow but this cold is getting to me, especially since I have lost weight. Wearing more cloths.

Have a great day everyone. Keep up the great work.

lisa32989
02-09-2014, 11:27 PM

It flew! When you lose weight faster than ever before and start having new ways to think about health and clothes sizes keep changing, it flies. A lot has to do with attitude, as well. Those who want to be miserable will find a way. Those who look for the joy and the progress will find it.

Have been working a lot lately so have not been able to get here for 10 days or so. Happy everyone is going well.

You all are a great inspiration. Have gone through cloths and got rid of a bunch - people at work said I had to get rid of some as so baggy. Great feeling!!!!

Congrats on cleaning out clothes. Doesn't it feel great?

Do you buy the vitacost brand?
Maybe. Honestly I'd have to look.
I got the 99 mg potassium

Delgen
02-10-2014, 01:47 AM
Greetings everyone!

That is a great NSV ! And you are owner half way to your goal!,