Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat Friday 2/7/2014

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat Friday 2/7/2014

lisa32989
02-07-2014, 07:29 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

Bellamack
02-07-2014, 10:08 AM
Wow. Balmy -6. Brrrrrrrrrrr.

WI # 5 and was down 2 lbs. This looks like a very sloowwwwwwwww journey for me, but at least I am going down, but with an average of about ~1 lb/week, it is gonna be awhile. Hoping one of these weeks for a BIG Whoosh though.Happy to be back in Onederland :)

Everyone in these cold temps be sure to check on your elderly neighbors and try to stay warm.

lisa32989
02-07-2014, 10:10 AM

WI # 5 and was down 2 lbs. This looks like a very sloowwwwwwwww journey for me, but at least I am going down, but with an average of about 1 lb/week, it is gonna be awhile. Hoping one of these weeks for a BIG Whoosh though.

Everyone in these cold temps be sure to check on your elderly neighbors and try to stay warm.
2 lbs is a fantastic loss!
Celebrate!
And Onderland, too? Time for an attitude adjustment about weight loss. It isn't a race...it is a journey

Bellamack
02-07-2014, 10:15 AM
2 lbs is a fantastic loss!
Celebrate!

oh I am Happy for sure.

lilkel244
02-07-2014, 10:34 AM
Hi everyone! I am back from a small break. I was dealing with some stomach issues (crohns) and then a trip to an all inclusive resort, but today is restart day one with some changes. Due to my new diagnoses of Crohns I can't eat any raw veggies. This obv puts a crap on my IP eating habits, but today with a fresh start I will try again with my new rules. Due to no raw veggies I will be splitting my protein between lunch and dinner in hopes of staving off hunger a bit. I haven;t weighed myself since I returned from my trip two days ago but I am sure the scale is up a few lbs. Hopefully I will get it back down this week!

schenectady
02-07-2014, 10:34 AM

WI # 5 and was down 2 lbs. This looks like a very sloowwwwwwwww journey for me, but at least I am going down, but with an average of about ~1 lb/week, it is gonna be awhile. Hoping one of these weeks for a BIG Whoosh though.Happy to be back in Onederland :)

Bellamack - First, congratulations on reaching Onderland. I think emotionally for many of us, that huge fall to beginning with a "1" is the biggest celebration next to goal?

I have been through the slow losses and it can be brutal. One technique I have developed out of sanity is to set little goalposts. Not so much 'goals' as remembering where I was in life the last time I weighed that amount.

Today, I reached my wedding weight! We married after knowing each other only 3+ months and those 3+ months had been spent eating nearly every dinner and weekend meal out, so I was much less when we met...another goalpost! So 24 years later, I am back there and looking forward to guess what....

ONDERLAND just before we go to Disneyland, well Disneyworld. Business trip in early March so one month and 9 pounds to go. I, of course, have no clothes that fit for Florida in March....

By the way, Bellamack, where are you in upstate New York. That is my birthplace! A long, cold, snowy distance away from me but I do clearly remember the snow and lots of it.

lisa32989
02-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Hi everyone! I am back from a small break. I was dealing with some stomach issues (crohns) and then a trip to an all inclusive resort, but today is restart day one with some changes. Due to my new diagnoses of Crohns I can't eat any raw veggies. This obv puts a crap on my IP eating habits, but today with a fresh start I will try again with my new rules. Due to no raw veggies I will be splitting my protein between lunch and dinner in hopes of staving off hunger a bit. I haven;t weighed myself since I returned from my trip two days ago but I am sure the scale is up a few lbs. Hopefully I will get it back down this week!
Sorry for your recent diagnosis. I hope the problems you encountered are under control now.
There are lots of ways to cook veggies. A forum favorite is to roast them. And veggie purees added to some of our soups and other items really help with eating veggies.
Even romaine lettuce can be grilled. It is really good that way!
Good luck. I eat very few raw veggies (except for naturally fermented sauerkraut and natural pickles, both of which have good bacteria).

You may also want to do some reading about gluten and Crohn's disease. (actually gluten and ANY autoimmune disease, including Lupus, Hashimotos, Rheumatoid arthritis, MS, etc)

Ruth Ann
02-07-2014, 11:42 AM

Congrats on Onederland Bellamack! That is outstanding! :bravo:

I feel for you lilkel on the no raw veggies. Just before hernia surgery my doctor put me on a low fiber diet that included no raw veggies - I almost cried, what was I going to eat??? With the help of the wonderful people here I managed to devise a plan that worked and made my doctor happy and was tolerable for me. I second what Lisa said pureeing or roasting veggies is a great way to get them in and fill you up.

PurpleMomster
02-07-2014, 11:50 AM

Welcome to Onederland!!! WTG :bravo:

Sorry about the diagnosis but yes, roasting or pureeing veggies is a great option. I've been roasting pretty much all my veggies and they all come out delicious.

Bellamack - First, congratulations on reaching Onderland. I think emotionally for many of us, that huge fall to beginning with a "1" is the biggest celebration next to goal?

I have been through the slow losses and it can be brutal. One technique I have developed out of sanity is to set little goalposts. Not so much 'goals' as remembering where I was in life the last time I weighed that amount.

Today, I reached my wedding weight! We married after knowing each other only 3+ months and those 3+ months had been spent eating nearly every dinner and weekend meal out, so I was much less when we met...another goalpost! So 24 years later, I am back there and looking forward to guess what....

ONDERLAND just before we go to Disneyland, well Disneyworld. Business trip in early March so one month and 9 pounds to go. I, of course, have no clothes that fit for Florida in March....

By the way, Bellamack, where are you in upstate New York. That is my birthplace! A long, cold, snowy distance away from me but I do clearly remember the snow and lots of it.

Woohoo on reaching your wedding weight!! I hit up the thrift stores for Mexico because I had zero clothes. I'm hoping that I won't fit the ones I got when it's time to where them here :D

Day four of the restart after Mexico is going well, had chicken in the crockpot and roasted broccoli last night, yum! I am happy that I took that break though - I was ready for it after close to 7 months and now I know what I have to look forward to.

Still not feeling great today so I'm staying home, curled up in bed and maybe catch the opening ceremonies of the Olympics if I can stay awake.

Happy Friday!
Jo

Bellamack
02-07-2014, 11:54 AM

Hi Schenecedy,
I assume by your name that you are closer to NYC. I am in Corning NY (actually Painted Post) My husband is originally from the Buffalo area.

Thanks for the encouragement. I was slow the first time on IP, I averaged over 6 months, 1.7 lb/week, but I got there, I just didn't maintain. So I am right back at it :) Have a great day!

lisa32989
02-07-2014, 12:06 PM
Bellamack
Thanks for sharing that you didn't maintain.
This was my worst fear when I started IP:
Losing a significant amount of weight (for the second time) and not maintaining. I started paying attention to what the maintainers do from a very early time on IP (lurked in maintainer thread but told myself I could only post there when I was in maintenance).

I've had a MONTHS LONG stall. Some of it I self-imposed by switching to P4 after a long stall. I did P1 again in January and gained weight. Now I know something is wrong...either my thyroid meds need tweaking or I have adrenal fatigue (or both) or something.

Anyone who thinks "calories in - calories out" + Ketoxis is the only key is thinking the human body is less complex than it really is. There are many hormones that can cause the body to hold weight or gain on a VLC diet.

I have committed to getting to a functional medicine doctor to help me figure out what is going on (my PC is just so mainstream/pharmaceutical-oriented he'd never have the creativity to figure it out). Yesterday I completed the 9 pages of paperwork necessary just to get an appointment (this doc reviews & orders tests prior to your first appointment, so that he has data in front of him when he meets with you).

There is very little more frustrating than a stall like this. I was really hoping I'd break the stall after taking a P1 break. But I have knowledge and the tools to help figure it out. I'm sure this is hormones or something playing havoc and soon I'll be able to start losing again and get to goal.

In the meantime, I stick close to the boards to support others and to encourage and to be reminded every day where I came from.

I am NOT going back where I was.

nolasmurf
02-07-2014, 12:21 PM
Lisa I'm sending positive thoughts and wishes that this doctor can help you figure everything out. Thank you for being here and giving those of us that need a kick in the pants, one! ;)

Feeling a bit discouraged today. Honeys sister and her bf are coming to vist and even tho he's had WAY more time than I, he has done nothing to straighten up the house or prepare. I've been rushing around washing sheets and cleaning up. Mind you; I have work at noon. He says oh don't worry they don't care. Well hello I care! Anyway rant over. I'm done.

Gotta get my coffee in and showered for work!

Bellamack
02-07-2014, 12:30 PM
Bellamack
Thanks for sharing that you didn't maintain.
This was my worst fear when I started IP:
Losing a significant amount of weight (for the second time) and not maintaining. I started paying attention to what the maintainers do from a very early time on IP (lurked in maintainer thread but told myself I could only post there when I was in maintenance).

I've had a MONTHS LONG stall. Some of it I self-imposed by switching to P4 after a long stall. I did P1 again in January and gained weight. Now I know something is wrong...either my thyroid meds need tweaking or I have adrenal fatigue (or both) or something.

Anyone who thinks "calories in - calories out" + Ketoxis is the only key is thinking the human body is less complex than it really is. There are many hormones that can cause the body to hold weight or gain on a VLC diet.

I have committed to getting to a functional medicine doctor to help me figure out what is going on (my PC is just so mainstream/pharmaceutical-oriented he'd never have the creativity to figure it out). Yesterday I completed the 9 pages of paperwork necessary just to get an appointment (this doc reviews & orders tests prior to your first appointment, so that he has data in front of him when he meets with you).

There is very little more frustrating than a stall like this. I was really hoping I'd break the stall after taking a P1 break. But I have knowledge and the tools to help figure it out. I'm sure this is hormones or something playing havoc and soon I'll be able to start losing again and get to goal.

In the meantime, I stick close to the boards to support others and to encourage and to be reminded every day where I came from.

I am NOT going back where I was.

Lisa,

I will be very interested in all your tests. There is a wonderful woman doctor, only 35 minutes away that many of my "female" friends have gone to see. One of my very good friends was recently diagnosed with Adrenal Fatigue, probably from the "stress" of going through Breast Cancer treatment a year ago. She has her on some herbs and vitamins and doesn't want her exercising aggresively, light toning and moderate walks. Otherwise, her diet is very similar to IP with the exception of nuts. She said it can take months or even a year to get the Adrenals functioning like she should. My friend does Not have hypothyroid, which I do. I have had 2 surgeries in 5 months, which hasn't helped and the year before was in a "boot" for 10 months and I just gained the weight back. Did I eat alot?, NO, but my metabolism is not good. period. And like you say calories in = calories out is not for everyone & my doctor agrees. I can Not maintain above 1300 -1400 calories and I should of been able to go up to about 1800. It is very frustrating, but I have to lose the weight for my arthritic knee caps. grrrrrrr. Some of the herbs are: (excuse all spelling, lol) astragwu?, licorice root, ginseng, ginko biloba. I will ask her more.

I am thinking of seeing this doctor, she is very hard to get into. Good Luck Lisa and keep me updated.

sunflwr816
02-07-2014, 01:05 PM
Can anyone tell me the approximate amount of calories you eat in a day on P1 of IP? I've been logging my calories on MyFitnessPal before starting IP and decided to see what today's meals came too. I'm a little shocked that it's only 920 cals!

B: EAS Advantedge carb control shake, chocolate
L: lettuce, 1c broccoli, red pepper, onion, WF dressing, 1 HB egg, Quest bar
D: 2 egg, 3 white omelet with 2c red peppers and mushrooms
S: EAS Advantedge carb control shake, strawberry

ColoradoCarol
02-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Can anyone tell me the approximate amount of calories you eat in a day on P1 of IP? I've been logging my calories on MyFitnessPal before starting IP and decided to see what today's meals came too. I'm a little shocked that it's only 920 cals!

B: EAS Advantedge carb control shake, chocolate
L: lettuce, 1c broccoli, red pepper, onion, WF dressing, 1 HB egg, Quest bar
D: 2 egg, 3 white omelet with 2c red peppers and mushrooms
S: EAS Advantedge carb control shake, strawberry

If I remember right, and someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought it was between 800-900. That's one of the reasons for no serious exercise, unless you add another packet.

sunflwr816
02-07-2014, 01:11 PM
If I remember right, and someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought it was between 800-900. That's one of the reasons for no serious exercise, unless you add another packet.

Ok...I just took a hot yoga class so I hope that's OK to do. I've just never purposely ate less than 1200 calories in a day so I was worried! Thanks for your response! :dizzy:

Bellamack
02-07-2014, 01:12 PM
sunflower, yes the calories are low, some days even lower.

schenectady
02-07-2014, 01:25 PM
Hi Schenecedy,
I assume by your name that you are closer to NYC. I am in Corning NY (actually Painted Post) My husband is originally from the Buffalo area.

Thanks for the encouragement. I was slow the first time on IP, I averaged over 6 months, 1.7 lb/week, but I got there, I just didn't maintain. So I am right back at it :) Have a great day!

My mother's family was from the Troy area, worked a lot at Renssalear, many of the men in her family being engineers. My Dad was an engineer with GE in Syracuse and obviously, Schenectady.

One of my memories of the snow was of our poor school teacher trying to get us as wee little ones out of our snowsuits and mitten before we all had to go to the bathroom!

Here is hoping that your progress speeds up!

Bellamack
02-07-2014, 02:03 PM
My mother's family was from the Troy area, worked a lot at Renssalear, many of the men in her family being engineers. My Dad was an engineer with GE in Syracuse and obviously, Schenectady.

One of my memories of the snow was of our poor school teacher trying to get us as wee little ones out of our snowsuits and mitten before we all had to go to the bathroom!

Here is hoping that your progress speeds up!

Ha Ha Ha, like the Christmas Story, so bundled up, if we fell down, we couldn't get up!

Well, not to far from here. My husband got one of his Master's at Syracuse and is a huge Basketball fan and they are having an awesome year. Thanks, I wish it would speed up too, but I am not counting on it. lol

sweetenuf
02-07-2014, 02:44 PM

Congrats on onederland! scale down my any number is better then up any day :)

Strongisthenewskinny
02-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Does carbonated water still count towards your oz of water needed daily?

Delgen
02-07-2014, 03:02 PM
I am back for a reboot after about 2 years. I slowly gained back some pounds..mostly in the past 6 months. Hard to pin point exactly why. But regardless here I am.
First week back, lost 5 pounds.
Great start for me. Week two here I come! :cool:

eandc2006
02-07-2014, 03:05 PM
@ info please from yesterdays post on the IP chat thread that is now closed...

I am doing the restart to definitely get off the lbs that I have gained and get back into my clothes. I can get into them now but they just feel different and I don't like that. Also, something I have been battling for what seems forever is to stay on and strive to get down to 120-125. I am usually hovering at the 135-138 area and while I feel decent, I think I would feel and look better with a few more lbs off. When I started IP Oct 12' I was weighing around 165 so by the time I got to 135 I was mentally and physically wiped out. Since I don't have as much to loose maybe I will push on but I am not sure as I have heard that it can be a real doozey as the closer you get to goal the harder it is to get off. I guess I will see how it goes right. If you don't mind me asking, what was your original starting weight? How long did it take you, etc.

It really is hard to do all this...hard to maintain, hard to diet, etc. It just sucks! :) BUT, it is worth it!

Delgen
02-07-2014, 03:06 PM

I bake a lot of veggies in bulk, like cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. Then when I need them I put them in a pan with a little olive oil to heat up and brown. Since I am a vegetarian, I add tofu or eggs, or other OP protein source, and heat it up.

For lunch I add two egg whites and some omelet mix (mixed really well together) and pour over the veggies and cook it up. Yum. :carrot:

eandc2006
02-07-2014, 03:08 PM
@ delegan I am also starting this week and I am on day 4. Congrats on returning. While I know that it will be a lot of work, I am pleased that I have the tools and do not have to succumb to old habits that rear their head from time to time. Just booked a trip to Belize and can tell you that I am motivated for the trip to stay OP and kick this weight off and then some. Cheers.

Tigerlvr52
02-07-2014, 03:11 PM
well found out that the vanilla wafer cookies are a trigger food for me and i just ate the last ones out of the box and will no longer be ordering them from Nashua. Way too sweet and tasty for me to not be tempted.

Delgen
02-07-2014, 03:16 PM
@ delegan I am also starting this week and I am on day 4. Congrats on returning. While I know that it will be a lot of work, I am pleased that I have the tools and do not have to succumb to old habits that rear their head from time to time. Just booked a trip to Belize and can tell you that I am motivated for the trip to stay OP and kick this weight off and then some. Cheers.

Belize! Wow! That sounds awesome.
I have traveled while staying OP. It helped me to have my own kitchen where i stayed. And then I make the trip NOT about food, but about the trip! The people, the culture, the weather!
When will you be going?

Delgen
02-07-2014, 03:18 PM
well found out that the vanilla wafer cookies are a trigger food for me and i just ate the last ones out of the box and will no longer be ordering them from Nashua. Way too sweet and tasty for me to not be tempted.

That is hard. Good to know what you should not order!
I got hooked on Quest Bars. I think that is how things got out of hand for me over the summer. I just ate them like nothing, and i gained a bunch over the last 6-9 months. I did great until then. It was like...well it's a legal food--I can have as much as I want.
Who said that? The old me? Get her behind me!!!

Tigerlvr52
02-07-2014, 03:46 PM
I got hooked on Quest Bars. I think that is how things got out of hand for me over the summer. I just ate them like nothing, and i gained a bunch over the last 6-9 months. I did great until then. It was like...well it's a legal food--I can have as much as I want.

Cindy, glad you recognize it as well. Also nice to see someone who started round one same time i did :)

ems70508
02-07-2014, 04:07 PM
Ok...I just took a hot yoga class so I hope that's OK to do. I've just never purposely ate less than 1200 calories in a day so I was worried! Thanks for your response! :dizzy:

When i started in September I was taking hot yoga. Didn't bother me. Never added a packet. The place I took at had a significant price increase for the first time in years. Due to that, I no longer go there. I joined a much bigger gym with more facilities so that when I got closer to goal, I could workout more. Their yoga classes are not hot but they do have a lot more movement overall. Different atmosphere.

Anyway, sometimes I don't like my new classes and I'll do strength training. Like others have said, if you workout (more than yoga) add a packet. I am on IP products (not alternatives) but when I workout, I eat an alternative product. I just don't want to be buying another box. too much money.

eandc2006
02-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Belize! Wow! That sounds awesome.
I have traveled while staying OP. It helped me to have my own kitchen where i stayed. And then I make the trip NOT about food, but about the trip! The people, the culture, the weather!
When will you be going?

We are going in July. Its a ways away I realize but certainly something I am looking forward to. I don't plan on being OP during our trip...hopefully I will get to goal by then. I am thinking about 15lbs...I hope to be done soon at least within a month and a half. I always find doing phase 1 really hard. I have heats of feeling really good and then having body aches, sleeplessness, and also some anxiety which I think some of the products cause. Where did you travel to while OP?

lisa32989
02-07-2014, 05:15 PM
usually 8-900 calories but these are approximates and not cut-and-dried numbers
50% protein
30% fat
20% carbs

They ARE addictive.
I ate too many when I wasn't on P1. Luckily still maintained but see what a problem it can be and also see that IP didn't "cure" my overeating behaviors. I need to remember every day that something inside me would send me "back there" if I let it.

ReenHag
02-07-2014, 05:33 PM
Hi, everyone!

So thrilled to have made it through the first week of Feb.! It seems like such a milestone to me, to have January plus a week of February behind me. I don't know, I guess it really feels like Spring will get here eventually.

Rough day today- craving dessert. Hubby wanted to go to Outback, but I told him I don't feel like I have the willpower. Better to stay home where there is no cheesecake LOL! Maybe we can go have steak tomorrow night.

I hope everyone has a super weekend! Off to get some grading done.

Renee

athena4791
02-07-2014, 06:53 PM
Good evening! I'm a bit discouraged. It's week two since coming back OP and the scale moved 0 this week. No inches lost either. I keep reading that you just have to stick it out and eventually it'll happen, but it's just really not that encouraging. As posted previously, I think I am going to go back to my clinic and get IP products instead of the alternatives (which I've double checked everything I'm using in the forums to be ok and IP friendly). Has anyone else had an issue like this restarting IP?
Week 1 I lost 2 lbs. Week 2 lost 0...
Any advice?

Bellamack
02-07-2014, 07:15 PM
Good evening! I'm a bit discouraged. It's week two since coming back OP and the scale moved 0 this week. No inches lost either. I keep reading that you just have to stick it out and eventually it'll happen, but it's just really not that encouraging. As posted previously, I think I am going to go back to my clinic and get IP products instead of the alternatives (which I've double checked everything I'm using in the forums to be ok and IP friendly). Has anyone else had an issue like this restarting IP?
Week 1 I lost 2 lbs. Week 2 lost 0...
Any advice?

Athena,
Look at my stats. Save the money, I lose the same whether I am using IP product or alternatives, some people just lose slower. You look fairly young in your pic, so post meno probably isn't the culprit. Are you Hypothyroid? Diabetic? or are you exercising without eating extra? Don't give up, you'll thank me. lol. Forward, march :)
Oh you might be approaching a Normal BMI too

schenectady
02-07-2014, 07:36 PM
They ARE addictive.
I ate too many when I wasn't on P1. Luckily still maintained but see what a problem it can be and also see that IP didn't "cure" my overeating behaviors. I need to remember every day that something inside me would send me "back there" if I let it.

Lisa - I was saddened to discover, too, that IP did not cure some of my old behaviors. I know now that I must restrict and limit the food around me so that when I am tired, mad, sad, depressed, whatever, I do not rely on yummier, but legal things like Quest bars. I know it would be too big a challenge for me.

maureen kempster
02-07-2014, 07:40 PM
good evening - just had my week 2 weigh in and lost 2 lbs this week - total 4.8 lbs - not a lot but I'll take it , I do feel great

lisa32989
02-07-2014, 08:19 PM
good evening - just had my week 2 weigh in and lost 2 lbs this week - total 4.8 lbs - not a lot but I'll take it , I do feel great

Wanna trade?
Celebrate those losses big & not-so-big.

drd1961
02-07-2014, 08:23 PM
Hey, better than no pounds. You are almost 5 pounds closer! One day at a time.

Since my coach had my supplementing extra because of my swimming and weight lifting I actually average about 1200-1300 calories a day. I know this is not normal, but I am losing, am in ketosis, and do not have cravings. The nice thing is I seem to have increased muscle and strength, so hopefully will be able to maintain at a reasonable amount of calories. Time will tell. I really love eating lots of veggies and proteins and really do not crave the sweets like I used to. I never got into chips, so that is a non issue.

skinnybride2be
02-07-2014, 09:23 PM
So I remember reading awhile ago that some people really don't like Turkey burgers, but I've found the secret ingredient that makes them perfect for breakfast. WF Syrup! It tastes just like breakfast sausage! One patty, 2-3 eggs, its breakfast for dinner! Yum!

Jenny38
02-07-2014, 09:41 PM
Watching the opening ceremonies of the Olympics and do far pretty impressive.

Down 1 lbs this week:carrot: and and inch on my hips:).

athena4791
02-07-2014, 10:58 PM
@Bellamack I'm 30 (almost 31) I have an African Dance and Drumming class I do on Tuesdays, but I get an extra protein shake in that day. Other than that zero exercise. I completely forgot about the EVOO until I went over the protocol sheets again today, not sure if that would slow it down. No diabetes or any other ailment to my knowledge ( I was extensively tested for all sorts of things last year uhhhggg). I'm 5'7" I might be nearing a normal BMI, but I hate my tummy... It's squishy and I have to know what to wear to hide it well. I was a size 5/6 before I had my daughter, now am a 10/12.
I did great OP the first time around! Lost 30 lbs easily then stopped dead in my tracks.... I got discouraged after a month of no weight loss. Kept thinking "Why am I doing this again??" Half was with IP products, the last half was with alternatives. I thought maybe a break would help. Gained 4 pounds over 6 months and came back. I was expecting a bigger number the first week, but I thought "that's okay; there's next week". Next week came and it's nothing!:mad:
Maybe I'm complaining waaaay to early in restarting, just seemed uncharacteristic from everything else I've read when people come back.

infoplease
02-08-2014, 12:26 AM
@ info please from yesterdays post on the IP chat thread that is now closed...

I am doing the restart to definitely get off the lbs that I have gained and get back into my clothes. I can get into them now but they just feel different and I don't like that. Also, something I have been battling for what seems forever is to stay on and strive to get down to 120-125. I am usually hovering at the 135-138 area and while I feel decent, I think I would feel and look better with a few more lbs off. When I started IP Oct 12' I was weighing around 165 so by the time I got to 135 I was mentally and physically wiped out. Since I don't have as much to loose maybe I will push on but I am not sure as I have heard that it can be a real doozey as the closer you get to goal the harder it is to get off. I guess I will see how it goes right. If you don't mind me asking, what was your original starting weight? How long did it take you, etc.

It really is hard to do all this...hard to maintain, hard to diet, etc. It just sucks! :) BUT, it is worth it!

My original starting weight was 194.4/44.5%BF. It took 38 weeks to get down to 120.4/22.04%BF, where I phased off. (I lost weight and BF% in the first month of P4 and even had 4 weigh-ins in a row at 117.9 with a BF at about 21%). In January of 2013 I was at 120.3, so not enough to reset and my coach was at a clinic that sold alternatives and not IP. I just didn't like the new vibe so I quite going buy had accountability thru a trainer at the gym.

So, are the last 10 lbs the worst?
Prior 8 weeks: 12.6lbs
Last 8 weeks: 12.4lbs (with 6x/week workouts plus extra packet)

I was a slower loser on the program, so I learned to be thrilled with anything close to 2 lb (after pouting over not losing the promised 3 lbs per week at about week 7).

It is still work to maintain on P4, but I think I appreciate how livable it is compared to the work of p2 (yep, I hate p2).

infoplease
02-08-2014, 01:28 AM
lisa 32989,
Don't mean to hijack the daily thread...
On 10/15/13 you posted what looks to be the reset rules direct from the manual. I was fine in October so I didn't pay attention ; )

Part of what it said was that a reset only lasts 4 weeks if you are resetting within 15% of your weight lost (75 x .15=11.25lb, check), no more than 2 weeks on Phase 1 then Phase 2 and 3 for a minimum of 2 days each and a maximum of 1 week each. My coach has indicated TWO (tortuous) weeks on Phase 2 and 2 weeks on Phase 3.

Was the material you quoted recent? I want to maintain the weight dropped but I don't want to do any metabolic damage by staying on longer than required. My coach will ask her trainer any questions I have that she isn't familiar with, but I wanted to do a crosscheck with your information first.

Thank you!

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread...

stubbornostrich
02-08-2014, 03:23 AM
At least you tried. I know you are concerned about not having enough variety. Maybe we can work up some type of plan where we cook for each other once or twice a week. You're in the store all the time. We could swap....and we have to check out all the weird veggies I found at the Normandy Market tonight,