Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat

lisa32989
02-05-2014, 08:35 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

shrinkingsusie
02-05-2014, 08:37 AM
Good morning!

Calling for another 15-20 cm of snow today. I wish spring would hurry up and get here!!

bluegingham
02-05-2014, 08:47 AM
I'm right there with you, Shrinking Susie! Hopefully all of these freezing temps, snow, & ice this winter means fewer bugs this summer! Stay cozy!

Vippysue
02-05-2014, 08:49 AM
EMS70508 and Willsea, thanks for the interest. I will set up a doctors appt. I've been meaning to do that anyway. Will a simple CBC tell me of these possible deficiencies?
When you say regimen, do just want me to post a sample day's menu?
Thanks again.

lisa32989
02-05-2014, 09:13 AM
EMS70508 and Willsea, thanks for the interest. I will set up a doctors appt. I've been meaning to do that anyway. Will a simple CBC tell me of these possible deficiencies?
Thanks again.
A thyroid panel and specific tests for vitamin deficiency would not be part of a standard CBC
We need more than a sample day
We need to know exactly (all salt, oil, water, extras, how much lettuce)

drd1961
02-05-2014, 09:24 AM
Thanks again. TSH, free T3, Free T4, vitamin D, iron are some biggies. A full panel will give a bunch of stuff and tell a full story. Get ready to google all the acronyms or it will make little sense, but google to educate yourself.

drd1961
02-05-2014, 09:29 AM
We got about 7 inches of snow and it is windy, but I am hearing things are not impassable. I think that is funny because at the beginning of this winter people were say, oh, 7 inches, oh the world will end! My exercise will be digging out the driveway. We are not opening until noon at work, which is very nice of them and unusual. I think it is a nod toward all of our extreme effort over the holidays, plus half the building is out with the flu.

I watch Biggest Loser and love the transformations, but this year's winner has me dismayed. I am a swimmer and even before I swam I followed swimming because I think it is a beautiful sport and swimmers have great bodies! The young lady who won dieted herself down to 105(height 5-4) and if her body could support that(i.e. tiny bone structure) ok, but she looked like a bag of bones. Instead of looking 23 she looked like she was in her 30's. I really hope she puts some weight on. I was actually shocked at all 3 finalists and felt they all were two thin, but she was extreme and not a good role model. I have known some young girl swimmers who have issues with eating disorders and this made me sad.

Ruth Ann
02-05-2014, 09:35 AM
Good morning!

Calling for another 15-20 cm of snow today. I wish spring would hurry up and get here!!

I'm with you - I'm ready for Spring to spring! No snow but it's 23 out there and I'm cold!

And congrats on your progress - great job, that is outstanding!

Hiker88
02-05-2014, 09:35 AM
I watch Biggest Loser and love the transformations, but this year's winner has me dismayed. I am a swimmer and even before I swam I followed swimming because I think it is a beautiful sport and swimmers have great bodies! The young lady who won dieted herself down to 105(height 5-4) and if her body could support that(i.e. tiny bone structure) ok, but she looked like a bag of bones. Instead of looking 23 she looked like she was in her 30's. I really hope she puts some weight on. I was actually shocked at all 3 finalists and felt they all were two thin, but she was extreme and not a good role model. I have known some young girl swimmers who have issues with eating disorders and this made me sad.

I felt exactly the same about that girl. When she left the ranch she looked so healthy and when I saw her on the finale last night it made me sad because she was skin and bones! I hope all three finalists put on a little weight (and I think most do when the show is over) I thought the man whose wife died looked more handsome at the ranch as well.

shrinkingsusie
02-05-2014, 09:54 AM
I'm with you - I'm ready for Spring to spring! No snow but it's 23 out there and I'm cold!

And congrats on your progress - great job, that is outstanding!

Thanks! You are doing pretty amazing yourself!

PurpleMomster
02-05-2014, 09:58 AM
Morning everybody!

65 - couldn't get back on yesterday to say - I am impressed and awed that you did the parasailing! I was floating in the ocean, watching people go up - I could never do it, I'm scared of heights!!! And my now ex-husband, son and I stayed at Akumal the last time we went to Mexico 4 years ago specifically for the reef and the turtles. This time was much, much better for me since I had laser eye surgery last September and could actually see :)

I don't watch the Biggest Loser but I know a few friends on FB were talking about the person who won being, what they thought, way too skinny. I'm 5'4" and I couldn't even imagine being 105lbs. I'd be worried about how "healthy" she actually is at that weight.

Well, the first day back on P1 went well - almost feels like "home" :D Had grilled chicken and roasted veggies for supper, yum! Still tossing around the idea of changing my goal weight but I think I'll wait until I get closer to goal.

Happy Wednesday!
Jo

drd1961
02-05-2014, 10:01 AM
Morning everybody!

65 -

I don't watch the Biggest Loser but I know a few friends on FB were talking about the person who won being, what they thought, way too skinny. I'm 5'4" and I couldn't even imagine being 105lbs. I'd be worried about how "healthy" she actually is at that weight.

Jo

Find pictures of Karen Carpenter who died of anorexic and the likeness is scary. Hopefully she did this for the money and competition and will establish a better routine.

ColoradoCarol
02-05-2014, 10:46 AM
I am so ready for spring. Was -14F at my house this am, not including wind chill. We have had snow every day this week. The problem is March is historically our snowiest month and we can get snow into April and sometimes May.

Today is weigh in day. I am hoping for a "whoosh" as I stayed EXACTLY the same last week (no change in weight or measurements). Oh well, what ever it is, I will accept it and move on. It will come off when it wants to. All I can do is be "faithful" to the plan.

Ruth Ann isn't it your weigh in day today too? (I remember last week we both weighed in on the same day). I know you were hoping for a whoosh at your next WI too as you stayed the same as well. Here's hoping we both get a big whoosh.

schenectady
02-05-2014, 11:00 AM
I just read this article this morning and thought it was interesting for those who have hunger while on IP (who doesn't, occasionally). We do get one cup of coffee, but I think this could be added to any number of puddings or shakes as well. It might take a while, though, to build up to half a teaspoon!

Cinnamon "is one of those powerhouse spices every registered dietician tries to work into her diet. Research shows that just half a teaspoon a day can help regulate blood sugar—and when our blood sugar drops, we feel hungry, so cinnamon can curb your appetite. I add a teaspoon to my coffee beans before I grind them; it infuses my coffee with flavor and health benefits." —Jennifer McDaniel, a registered dietitian nutritionist in St. Louis and an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics spokesperson

Jenny38
02-05-2014, 11:34 AM
Morning,

Another big snow fall here. I'm home with my son who has the flu, so far everyone in the family has had it but me. Fingers crossed I don't get it.

Feeling very hunger this morning, going to start drinking my water and see if that helps. Working outside the home certainly is a distraction from the kitchen.

Hawaii69
02-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Morning everybody!

65 - couldn't get back on yesterday to say - I am impressed and awed that you did the parasailing! I was floating in the ocean, watching people go up - I could never do it, I'm scared of heights!!! And my now ex-husband, son and I stayed at Akumal the last time we went to Mexico 4 years ago specifically for the reef and the turtles. This time was much, much better for me since I had laser eye surgery last September and could actually see :)

Well, the first day back on P1 went well - almost feels like "home" :D Had grilled chicken and roasted veggies for supper, yum! Still tossing around the idea of changing my goal weight but I think I'll wait until I get closer to goal.

Happy Wednesday!
Jo

Purplemomster;

You must've felt great on the beach after all your weight loss! I know I did! And was able to get back on Phase 1 as soon as I returned and still losing! Plus it helps to know that I can do maintenance, that worried me. Glad you had a great trip!

ReenHag
02-05-2014, 11:49 AM
I, too, am pretty "wintered-out" this season. The weight loss has made me feel the cold more, as many of you have also mentioned. I am interested to see if heat affects me differently, too, in this new body. The Baltimore area is known for some nasty heat and awful humidity in the summer! I have attached a pic of the ice on my back deck. Brrrr! :snowglo:

We have ice everywhere this morning. School is closed, so I worked out first thing after getting out of bed. Big mistake! I am used to working out around 4 PM, so I didn't even think about not having had food for twelve hours. Fifteen minutes into the workout, I was feeling horrible- weak and dizzy. I knew right away to stop and eat. Will go back and finish later.

I just read this article this morning and thought it was interesting for those who have hunger while on IP (who doesn't, occasionally). We do get one cup of coffee, but I think this could be added to any number of puddings or shakes as well. It might take a while, though, to build up to half a teaspoon!

Cinnamon "is one of those powerhouse spices every registered dietician tries to work into her diet. Research shows that just half a teaspoon a day can help regulate blood sugar—and when our blood sugar drops, we feel hungry, so cinnamon can curb your appetite. I add a teaspoon to my coffee beans before I grind them; it infuses my coffee with flavor and health benefits." —Jennifer McDaniel, a registered dietitian nutritionist in St. Louis and an Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics spokesperson

Thanks for this info about cinnamon. Since i don't drink coffee, I might try mixing it into a shake or pudding. Yum!

Renee

Tigerlvr52
02-05-2014, 12:13 PM

Along with my supplements i take 2 cinnamon capsules every day. So helps with blood sugar and also dry skin.

Slipfree
02-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Hello everyone,

Another snow day here in CT. So far we have had snow, sleet and now rain. Can not imagine what the roads are going to be like when everything freezes over later tonight.

So I am having a leisurely cup of coffee, catching up on your posts and watching the birds at the feeder. A Northern Flicker is there right now. I have been fighting a bit of cabin fever, but I have decided to just enjoy the moment and relax.

Narae
02-05-2014, 12:32 PM
drd and purplemomster:
I checked out the biggest loser 2014. She seems to have jumped from one addiction to another.

And I got to think about myself: I am also an all-or-nothing person. It is extremely hard for me to develop a healthy body image and a habit that goes with and supports it. It has been a struggle for me for the last twenty-some years and today is another day I have to fight for the reconciliation.

I am in a sententious mood, it seems. At any rate, this time my life depends on the diet!

locks
02-05-2014, 12:54 PM
Wow my Nashua order came in, and Customs didnt get me this time, lol Makes my savings really good!!

Now to just get over this cold lol

Hockeymom40
02-05-2014, 12:57 PM
We got about 7 inches of snow and it is windy, but I am hearing things are not impassable. I think that is funny because at the beginning of this winter people were say, oh, 7 inches, oh the world will end! My exercise will be digging out the driveway. We are not opening until noon at work, which is very nice of them and unusual. I think it is a nod toward all of our extreme effort over the holidays, plus half the building is out with the flu.

I totally agree about that girl. She almost looked anorexic. Did you see Jillian, she as stunned and kept saying Oh my God!, Oh my God!.

Ruth Ann
02-05-2014, 01:20 PM
I am so ready for spring. Was -14F at my house this am, not including wind chill. We have had snow every day this week. The problem is March is historically our snowiest month and we can get snow into April and sometimes May.

Today is weigh in day. I am hoping for a "whoosh" as I stayed EXACTLY the same last week (no change in weight or measurements). Oh well, what ever it is, I will accept it and move on. It will come off when it wants to. All I can do is be "faithful" to the plan.

Ruth Ann isn't it your weigh in day today too? (I remember last week we both weighed in on the same day). I know you were hoping for a whoosh at your next WI too as you stayed the same as well. Here's hoping we both get a big whoosh.

You have such a great attitude Carol! You're right, sometimes we just have to trust the program and keep going.

Measurements stayed the same again, but was down 3 lbs so it was good. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

drd1961
02-05-2014, 01:21 PM
My kids were competitive swimmers. The mentality of a National level swimmer is highly competitive and can be win at all cost. There may be some of that. The other thing female swimmers struggle with is puberty makes them slower. A lot of times their fastest times are age 12-13 because curves slow you down in the water. It also changes their balance and how they have to swim. This plays with their minds. We had one young lady on our team who ended up going to a specialized high school in Florida for swimming. She did have a very pushy swim mom, but she was also very high strung and into her swimming. She ended up with severe eating disorders and I heard this was common at some of these specialized schools. Rachel from Biggest Loser strikes me as someone who had some issues with competitive swimming. I hope, hope, hope she gets back to a healthy weight.

tbc85
02-05-2014, 01:34 PM
Very frustrated today!! I am now having my 3rd cycle in a one month time span, ugh! I have recently had my Mirena IUD removed and I am hoping that this is the cause, if it doesn't stop in the next few days I will be calling my doctor. Anyone else having these issues? I am assuming it is the combination of the weight loss and having no more hormones to regulate my cycles but was wondering if anyone else had some advice...

FutureFitChick
02-05-2014, 02:26 PM
Vippysue (from yesterday) No, I don't have a coach. And I'm wondering if that is the reason why I have zero weight-loss this week. It's pretty discouraging. If you will allow me the luxury of a mini-rant, I'm not sure if this is what I should be doing. When I was eating low-carb I wasn't paying so much money for the IP packets and I lost weight. I guess I'm just feeling discouraged, and wondering if there's a better way for me to do this. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong. I want to lose the weight very badly and am just I'm having a hard time with no weight loss at the end of my third week. I was told this was a quick way to lose fat.

I have, however, been encouraged by everyone's stories of success. I'm just hoping I can get through this down period. Thank you all for being my coach.

Right now, things are pretty crazy in the rest of my life. I am glad to have fewer choices to make most of the time regarding what I can eat.

64peppergirl
02-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Nice discussion about the cinnamon. I sprinkle it all over my pancake every morning (I love pancakes) while it's cooking. Then on the days when I have pudding as my evening snack it gets sprinkled all over the top of my pudding. Who knew it was a plus. I just like the taste.

FutureFitChick
02-05-2014, 02:30 PM
I had massive hunger yesterday and today. Today, I had a few eggs between breakfast and lunch, which helped a lot. Tomorrow I head back to the surgeon for my first post-op check. PT has been going well, and my therapist said I am doing really well, so that is encouraging.

I know some of you use the Quest bars. Which ones do you avoid? I was reading labels and some of the flavors seem to be a bit high in fat. I have tried a few and I like the so much better than the Pure Protein bars I was using.

Thanks!

ems70508
02-05-2014, 02:38 PM
Yippysue, like Lisa said...we wanna know everything! From flavoring water to measuring! It can help to find if something is going wrong that you can change. Or if you're on track and it's a body issue.

Had to make a trip to lake Charles this am for work. It's about a 1.5 hour trip. Madeit difficult to get my normal h20 in and potty breaks! Also didn't pack a lunch. Just ran to my local health food store and picked up some steamed veggies and a quest bar. It was my first quest bar experience. Ahem. I actually prefer it!.....may have to start buying them. I didn't know too many of the guidelines when buying them because I never looked into it. In a mad dash, the "natural" line seemed better. I compared one to some IP products on MFP and made a decision to try the choc peanut butter. Seems to have same Amt of carbs as a choc brownie so I def won't be eating another one of those this week! Bit I'll have to try some of their other flavors!

tbc85
02-05-2014, 02:45 PM
EMS: I love the chocolate peanut butter and cinnamon roll, not sure how much they cost in Lake Charles but I buy mine at Drug Emporium for $1.99 per bar

ems70508
02-05-2014, 02:49 PM
Tbc85 I grabbed mine at drug empo as well! Some were like...2.49 but it just depends when they get them in. Sometimes the same flavor will be different prices...I just roll with it. Both of those flavors were 1.99 here as well.

finale
02-05-2014, 03:22 PM
Hello everyone while the final weigh in is tomorrow at work for our biggest loser competition. My boss has been putting it off and this morning he said we know you have won. I said well can we do the weigh in tomorrow.
He had told our bosses from out of town when they were here in November he was going to do whatever it took to beat me.. I just like the fact that he admitted that I probably won....

I will keep you posted, we are doing percentage like the biggest loser.

sweetenuf
02-05-2014, 03:43 PM
Good afternoon everyone.

Had my week 3 WI today, down 2 lbs! Total weightloss for 3 weeks 14.8 lbs. Im very excited with that number after reading that week 3 is usually not a good week.
On to week 4 :)

FutureFitChick
02-05-2014, 03:50 PM
EMS: I love the chocolate peanut butter and cinnamon roll, not sure how much they cost in Lake Charles but I buy mine at Drug Emporium for $1.99 per bar

That is a great price! I got a variety pack of 12 at Amazon and it was $30.

FutureFitChick
02-05-2014, 03:51 PM
Hello everyone while the final weigh in is tomorrow at work for our biggest loser competition. My boss has been putting it off and this morning he said we know you have won. I said well can we do the weigh in tomorrow.
He had told our bosses from out of town when they were here in November he was going to do whatever it took to beat me.. I just like the fact that he admitted that I probably won....

Awesome!

dak1lls
02-05-2014, 04:07 PM

That's so cool!

shrinkingsusie
02-05-2014, 04:58 PM
Cauliflower tortillas are in the oven for tacos tonight! Mmm! Can't wait!

nolasmurf
02-05-2014, 05:31 PM
I started with the Quest bars yesterday. Gotta say, I'm liking them. I had the Choc/PB for a snack yesterday. It kept me pretty full. I think it's 8net carbs so that's decent. Today I had the double choc chunk. Which is 9 net carbs. still within line of all of the Proti -diet /IP products. I guess we'll see what happens come weigh in day!

ChaloJ
02-05-2014, 06:32 PM
So far, I am up a pound or two. Sigh. I hope this changes before Friday!! I know the program works, but it is hard to combat the discouragement when the scale does not cooperate.

Somebody give me a pep talk!

sarahBell
02-05-2014, 07:04 PM
Hello everyone

I am full of energy today, I am in the best mood and I am not hungry and no craving for anything sweet today or crunchy! DH and I are all patched up, the storm has passed and all is good:)

Plus today is our anniversary <3

sarahBell
02-05-2014, 07:04 PM
I started with the Quest bars yesterday. Gotta say, I'm liking them. I had the Choc/PB for a snack yesterday. It kept me pretty full. I think it's 8net carbs so that's decent. Today I had the double choc chunk. Which is 9 net carbs. still within line of all of the Proti -diet /IP products. I guess we'll see what happens come weigh in day!

I LOVE the cinnamon roll type ones. I will have one of the two in the pack when I make IP chili and one later with coffee :)

Tigerlvr52
02-05-2014, 07:34 PM
So far, I am up a pound or two. Sigh. I hope this changes before Friday!! I know the program works, but it is hard to combat the discouragement when the scale does not cooperate.

Somebody give me a pep talk!

It will come off when it's supposed to. You know being a daily weigh-er you have to take each day with a grain of salt. Up your water, stay strong. The program works.

Bellamack
02-05-2014, 07:45 PM
I don't watch the Biggest Loser, but will have to "google" the winner. I was a competitive swimmer ( a good one). I was 5'6" ( now 5'5", because of age and 4 discs) Anyways, I always weighed between 130 -135 lbs for competitive swimming. I was a distance swimmer. I went down in weight for Synchronized swimming, but only 5- 10 lbs. I can't imagine being 105 that is wayyyy out of line for that height.

Congrats to all the great things going on. I too am stahling at the beginning of this "restart" and I don't get my thyroid checked again until April. Maybe it needs to get "upped" My WI this week isn't until friday, but it wasn't looking promising this morning :(

We didn't get the 9-13" of snow that was predicted, we got 7-8", it is very pretty, the heavier stuff that sticks to the branches. OK, I am over the beauty of it, lets move on to Spring. I really "hate" to wish my life away, but I am soooooooo over winter.

Sammie12
02-05-2014, 08:05 PM
Hi everyone I am so done with the snow also I will be happy to see spring. Just wondering if anyone tried the IP chicken dijonnaise?

Panya
02-05-2014, 08:52 PM
Tomorrow is my 1st WI, :D..

Panya
02-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Can somebody please teach me how I can put the weight I lost at the bottom of my post with those designs?

dak1lls
02-05-2014, 09:13 PM
Can somebody please teach me how I can put the weight I lost at the bottom of my post with those designs?

Check out the very first post in this thread for the weight loss ticker info. There is a lot of helpful information posted in that first post by Lisa.

Good luck on your first weigh in tomorrow!

IPMaryD
02-05-2014, 09:33 PM
Panya,

You have to be a member for 20 days and have 20 posts. It will show up when you have "earned it" just like how the pounds fall off.... I am almost there! Welcome to a great group.

The recipes here are awesome. I just had the best dinner-- Crockpot chicken breast cooked with zucchini a little low sodium chicken broth and half a can of plain diced tomatoes. I didn't eat much of the tomatoes (less than 1/2 a cup) over coli rice! Loved it.

Panya
02-05-2014, 09:36 PM
Thank you all, I truly love this group very supportive... :)

Vippysue
02-05-2014, 09:38 PM
[QUOTE=ems70508;4937004]Yippysue, like Lisa said...we wanna know everything! From flavoring water to measuring! It can help to find if something is going wrong that you can change. Or if you're on track and it's a body issue.

QUOTE]

Well, I don't know if I can get all the details in one post but here are some of the things I do...and don't do. I don't use artificial sweeteners at all. I drink water or tea plain. I wait as long in the morning as I possibly can to drink my breakfast, an IP prepackaged chocolate drink. Prior to that I have a cup of tea and at least one full glass of water. I do usually split my protein between lunch and dinner, either 2/6 or 3/5. I have my restricted protein for dessert each night. I have a drink in my hand or within reach all the time. I take my vitamins at night usually. My favorite seasoning is Montreal Steak seasoning and I use it on vegetables as well as meat. The first ingredient in it is "course salt." I don't think salt is my issue.

I hope this is a good start for suggestions.

Thanks

ColoradoCarol
02-05-2014, 10:00 PM
QUOTE]

Well, I don't know if I can get all the details in one post but here are some of the things I do...and don't do. I don't use artificial sweeteners at all. I drink water or tea plain. I wait as long in the morning as I possibly can to drink my breakfast, an IP prepackaged chocolate drink. Prior to that I have a cup of tea and at least one full glass of water. I do usually split my protein between lunch and dinner, either 2/6 or 3/5. I have my restricted protein for dessert each night. I have a drink in my hand or within reach all the time. I take my vitamins at night usually. My favorite seasoning is Montreal Steak seasoning and I use it on vegetables as well as meat. The first ingredient in it is "course salt." I don't think salt is my issue.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Just a few initial thoughts:

1. 64 oz of water minimum. Don't count tea in that.
2. Splitting protein is okay I have done it the entire time on IP
3. Vitamins/supplements should be taken as directed on the sheet for phase 1 - some in the am, lunch and dinner.
4. Does Montreal have 0/0/0? Are you getting too much salt?
5. Are you eating your 4 cups of veggies per day? Are you limiting your restricted veggies as required?
6. Are you only eating what is on the phase 1 sheet? (ie not on the sheet don't eat it)
7. Getting your 1-2 tsp of evoo or grape seed oil per day?
8.do you measure veggies and meat raw?

Hope this helps.

Carol

ColoradoCarol
02-05-2014, 10:04 PM
Great weigh in today. Down 3.4 lbs. and lost 1.75 inches. Wahoo. Ruth Ann I think it is funny we both lost 3 lbs this week after staying the same last week.

I'll update ticker tomorrow - hard to do on the iPad and don't want to fight my laptop tonight. I'll do it work tomorrow.

:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Ruth Ann
02-05-2014, 10:07 PM
Great weigh in today. Down 3.4 lbs. and lost 1.75 inches. Wahoo. Ruth Ann I think it is funny we both lost 3 lbs this week after staying the same last week.

I'll update ticker tomorrow - hard to do on the iPad and don't want to fight my laptop tonight. I'll do it work tomorrow.

Hooray Carol! That is awesome! And it is funny that we're mirroring each other on the way down!

ColoradoCarol
02-05-2014, 10:18 PM
Hooray Carol! That is awesome! And it is funny that we're mirroring each other on the way down!

Yeah. I wish I was as close to my goal as you. But if I can make goal by summer I will be happy.

JLUS
02-05-2014, 10:25 PM
[QUOTE=ems70508;4937004]Yippysue, like Lisa said...we wanna know everything! From flavoring water to measuring! It can help to find if something is going wrong that you can change. Or if you're on track and it's a body issue.

QUOTE]

Thanks

Are you having your third packet (at lunch)? You didn't mention it.

What proteins are you eating.

Perhaps also post a couple day's actual menus...

RosiePosie101
02-05-2014, 10:33 PM
Big Mac in a bowl for dinner tonight. That recipe has saved me so many times when I've come home late. I play tennis on Wednesdays and don't get home till 8.30pm but with Big Mac in a bowl and some quick vegies in microwave, I'm eating by 8.50pm. Perfect!

I've also discovered that the puddings are more tasty if I pop them in the freezer for an hour or so. Not sure why but they definitely taste better!!

Mason_Hookem
02-05-2014, 10:48 PM
So what's the deal with Worcester sauce? I see a bunch of recipes that call for it and every brand I have ever used has sugar in it. Is it so small it's negligible or are all these recipes flawed?

Hawaii69
02-05-2014, 11:58 PM

Congratulations ColaradoCarol!

You've done great!

ems70508
02-06-2014, 12:04 AM
Yippysue Carol listed great questions for you to consider. I'll give you my 'daily regimen'

Breakfast is usually within 1 hour of waking up. coffee with a tbsp (or less) of torani sugarfree flavoring and 1 tbsp of IP RTD Vanilla. I also make sure to take my morning vitamins close to eating as to not upset my stomach. I usually mix a warm chocolate drink mix with my coffee. If I don't do that, I have a bar.

between breakfast and lunch I drink 48 ounces of water and usually 1-2 glasses of tea. My office is cold so I drink tea to stay warm. I usually drink a ginger tea because it helps with digestion. Usually get in an afternoon snack with my second IP packet. I don't eat it with lunch because I like having something mid-afternoon.

Lunch is usually steamed veggies or a salad. If I do a salad, I try to use a WF product and save my oil allotment for dinner time.

Afternoon I have 48 more ounces of water. Maybe a cup of decaf coffee. If I do, I follow my morning rule and use a little bit of IP RTD Vanilla (I leave it in the office fridge). If I get hungry, a pickle or two.

For dinner I usually roast my veggies. I like something warm. Chicken is a staple. When I buy mine, I weigh it in two ounce portions. That way, if I decide to throw some protein in my lunch (4 ounce pack of tuna or something like that) it makes it easy to pull my 2 pieces of chicken out for dinner and I know it's the right weight! I love to make chicken salad with WF mayo. I'll put 1 piece of my chicken, an egg and chopped peppers/celery into the food processor with the WF mayo. sooo good on a big bed of lettuce! Use your EVOO as dressing. I really notice a difference when I pour my oil directly on my food rather than cook with it.

Follow up dinner with night vitamins. I do not take vitamins mid-day...just AM and PM. Sometimes if water is difficult to get in, I'll add a few drops of Mio. I salt all my food. I keep sea salt at the office for my steamed veggies. They make ziplock steam bags that work well in the microwave. I also take two doses of CALM a day to help digestion. I highly recommend BUBBIES pickles. They have natural probiotics in them to help with gut health as well! I always have an after dinner packet. Usually ready made pudding or jello. I try to eat 3-4 jello's a week to help with skin!

I try to go to yoga 4 nights a week. Sometimes I do strength training. If I do, I supplement with either an extra packet or hard boiled egg. It just depends on how intense I went with the workout. My coach recommended to eat your restricted packet before you workout and do not let your extra packet be restricted.

I think that about covers my day. I'm pretty repetitive for a week. Then I'll go grocery shopping and buy all different things for the following week! I think it's important to have variety, that way you won't get bored!!

I hope this helps. I'd love to read a day for you and see if we can help!

JLUS
02-06-2014, 12:09 AM
Yippysue Carol listed great questions for you to consider. I'll give you my 'daily regimen'

Breakfast is usually within 1 hour of waking up. coffee with a tbsp (or less) of torani sugarfree flavoring and 1 tbsp of IP RTD Vanilla. I also make sure to take my morning vitamins close to eating as to not upset my stomach. I usually mix a warm chocolate drink mix with my coffee. If I don't do that, I have a bar.

between breakfast and lunch I drink 48 ounces of water and usually 1-2 glasses of tea. My office is cold so I drink tea to stay warm. I usually drink a ginger tea because it helps with digestion

Lunch is usually steamed veggies or a salad. If I do a salad, I try to use a WF product and save my oil allotment for dinner time.

Afternoon I have 48 more ounces of water. Maybe a cup of decaf coffee. If I do, I follow my morning rule and use a little bit of IP RTD Vanilla (I leave it in the office fridge). If I get hungry, a pickle or two.

For dinner I usually roast my veggies. I like something warm. Chicken is a staple. When I buy mine, I weigh it in two ounce portions. That way, if I decide to throw some protein in my lunch (4 ounce pack of tuna or something like that) it makes it easy to pull my 2 pieces of chicken out for dinner and I know it's the right weight! I love to make chicken salad with WF mayo. I'll put 1 piece of my chicken, an egg and chopped peppers/celery into the food processor with the WF mayo. sooo good on a big bed of lettuce! Use your EVOO as dressing. I really notice a difference when I pour my oil directly on my food rather than cook with it.

Follow up dinner with night vitamins. I do not take vitamins mid-day...just AM and PM. Sometimes if water is difficult to get in, I'll add a few drops of Mio. I salt all my food. I keep sea salt at the office for my steamed veggies. They make ziplock steam bags that work well in the microwave. I also take two doses of CALM a day to help digestion. I highly recommend BUBBIES pickles. They have natural probiotics in them to help with gut health as well!

I try to go to yoga 4 nights a week. Sometimes I do strength training. If I do, I supplement with either an extra packet or hard boiled egg. It just depends on how intense I went with the workout. My coach recommended to eat your restricted packet before you workout and do not let your extra packet be restricted.

I think that about covers my day. I'm pretty repetitive for a week. Then I'll go grocery shopping and buy all different things for the following week! I think it's important to have variety, that way you won't get bored!!

I hope this helps. I'd love to read a day for you and see if we can help!

That's a great summary of a typical IP day...

Just to clarify - you also have a lunch packet and snack packet ... I didn't see them listed though you did specify your breakfast drink. Just wanted to be clear for our new IPers!

ems70508
02-06-2014, 12:13 AM
JLUS, thank you! I revised it to include my other packets. :)

Deana509
02-06-2014, 01:09 AM
So, I realized today (dressed up just to dress up) that I am getting comfortable with my body... I looked in the mirror and thought, Whoa, this girl is hot! and also, I made the realization that I can almost cross my legs without it feeling awkward.... I am loving this new found self confidence! Haha even more so since with Aunt flo visiting, I've been super moody, so glad I can feel good through it :)
I hope everyone else is having a great week!

lisa32989
02-06-2014, 07:11 AM
Good morning all
Let's use this thread one more day before I start a new one

vachinyc
02-06-2014, 08:04 AM
Great weigh in today. Down 3.4 lbs. and lost 1.75 inches. Wahoo.

Awesome. Congratulations! Nice to get a little positive feedback from the scale.:dancer:

Ruth Ann
02-06-2014, 09:03 AM
So, I realized today (dressed up just to dress up) that I am getting comfortable with my body... I looked in the mirror and thought, Whoa, this girl is hot! and also, I made the realization that I can almost cross my legs without it feeling awkward.... I am loving this new found self confidence! Haha even more so since with Aunt flo visiting, I've been super moody, so glad I can feel good through it :)

Isn't it a great feeling Deana? You're doing so great and looking good! It's startling to look in the mirror sometimes - almost don't recognize the person looking back!

65X65
02-06-2014, 09:13 AM
Congrats to all with these great weigh-ins...esp to Ruth Ann (!!) again, who is doing a very special little jump for joy!! Did not see about all of this until this AM so very sorry with the day late comments on that!...
We live in the "iced in" zone ...and were part of the hundreds of thousands from yesterday with thick ice, no power and all the problems that come from that particular winter predicament. Live down river and a reasonable ride from where the super bowl was played...unbelievable how bad the weather has been here since after midnight on Sunday and how that event dodged the bullet big time!

shrinkingsusie
02-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Week 30 weigh in, down 0.4. Trying not to be bummed, but it's hard. The only thing I did differently was increased my water intake and a few days had my restricted at lunch rather than in the evening. I have been suffering with big c on and off for a couple weeks, I think I will check out some smooth move tea. There's always next weeks weigh in!

ems70508
02-06-2014, 10:28 AM
Susie I'm with ya. I maintained this AM. I need to track my occasional veggies more. I'm drinking the water, measuring, and getting all oil, salt and vitamins in my body just needs to take it all in. I also exercised more this week. So a mixture of things caused this maintained week. Oh also TOM is here

finale
02-06-2014, 10:41 AM
Weigh in done at work and I won.....I was the winner, here's hoping to they pay up I will be $120.00 richer...The best part about today is that I got on the scale and it said 206...

ColoradoCarol
02-06-2014, 10:43 AM
Okay all, I went to update my ticker and used the links quick links and it takes you to a non-existent page. I think since 3FC updated the home page maybe it is somewhere else, but I couldn't find it. I used a Ticker Factory one, but I don't like them as much.

Any one else had this issue?

ColoradoCarol
02-06-2014, 10:50 AM
Week 30 weigh in, down 0.4. Trying not to be bummed, but it's hard. The only thing I did differently was increased my water intake and a few days had my restricted at lunch rather than in the evening. I have been suffering with big c on and off for a couple weeks, I think I will check out some smooth move tea. There's always next weeks weigh in!

Totally understand trying not to be bummed. Last week I had NO CHANGE - to measurements or weight. I just had to keep reminding myself all I could do was work the plan and that the weight will come off. Our bodies hold on to it sometimes. Regarding the big c - I take Magnesium Citrate almost every day to "keep things moving". I also am in the middle of a total body cleanse - our bodies hold on to toxins. This week I was down 3.4. Keep up the good fight.

Susie I'm with ya. I maintained this AM. I need to track my occasional veggies more. I'm drinking the water, measuring, and getting all oil, salt and vitamins in my body just needs to take it all in. I also exercised more this week. So a mixture of things caused this maintained week. Oh also TOM is here

Last week I had to remind myself that staying the same or maintaining is not bad, and much better than gaining!!! It is discouraging that we can do everything right and our bodies decide what to let go of. You have a good outlook - we do have to let our bodies take everything in.

Weigh in done at work and I won.....I was the winner, here's hoping to they pay up I will be $120.00 richer...The best part about today is that I got on the scale and it said 206...

Hooray!!!! Great for you!!! Hopefully you can use that money or part of it on a reward.

Jamiemae
02-06-2014, 11:03 AM
Half way to my goal!!!! AHHH!

schenectady
02-06-2014, 11:12 AM
We live in the "iced in" zone ...and were part of the hundreds of thousands from yesterday with thick ice, no power and all the problems that come from that particular winter predicament. Live down river and a reasonable ride from where the super bowl was played...unbelievable how bad the weather has been here since after midnight on Sunday and how that event dodged the bullet big time!

In Seattle, we had escaped the ice but we are now in a very cold and freezing few days which the 700,000 people who showed up for the Seahawks victory parade discovered.

Last night as we were going to bed, my husband commented that it was supposed to drop to 12 degrees overnight. I suddenly remembered that we had uncovered two of our wrapped pipes when we had someone come to power wash the walks and things before putting the house on the market.

So, yes, I put sweat pants under my nightgown, threw on a hoodie, gloves, took a flashlight and recovered the faucet covers and wraps and trudged outside to the front and back yards to rewrap the water faucets so the pipes would not freeze.

I get back in bed to hear my husband groaning and whining about how cold HE is.....sometimes, we deserve medals for keeping a marriage going 24 years under circumstances like this! Mr, Uncommunicative sure was pretty vocal last night!

ems70508
02-06-2014, 11:16 AM
Carol, so true. I'm not angry or upset with the scale staying the same. I know that I'm doing everything as right as I can. I have to let my body do it's thing!

65X65
02-06-2014, 11:25 AM
In Seattle, we had escaped the ice but we are now in a very cold and freezing few days which the 700,000 people who showed up for the Seahawks victory parade discovered.

Last night as we were going to bed, my husband commented that it was supposed to drop to 12 degrees overnight. I suddenly remembered that we had uncovered two of our wrapped pipes when we had someone come to power wash the walks and things before putting the house on the market.

So, yes, I put sweat pants under my nightgown, threw on a hoodie, gloves, took a flashlight and recovered the faucet covers and wraps and trudged outside to the front and back yards to rewrap the water faucets so the pipes would not freeze.

I get back in bed to hear my husband groaning and whining about how cold HE is.....sometimes, we deserve medals for keeping a marriage going 24 years under circumstances like this! Mr, Uncommunicative sure was pretty vocal last night!

LOL...you're a champ!! He needs to "quietly" make that one up to you!! Surely you can thing of SOMEthing ...?

schenectady
02-06-2014, 11:28 AM

What a great discovery, Deana, and you are doing so well. Congratulations.

The changes to the body do bring about some interesting things. I have had to 'learn' all over about dressing because the styles that I wore 60 pounds ago are not what I have to wear now. Good. But, then, I am not sure about what style I DO want to wear. It takes me a while to feel comfortable with different skirt lengths, jeans for the first time in a long while, flattered stomach, etc.

Enjoy the dressing up - it is one of the rewards of your hard work.

finale
02-06-2014, 11:32 AM
EMS70508, I have a few questions, and thanks for sharing a example of your eating plan for the day.
What is EVOO/
I am excited to try your chicken salad....

schenectady
02-06-2014, 11:41 AM
I read an interesting book last night called "Why Diets Fail"
http://www.amazon.com/Diets-Because-Youre-Addicted-Sugar/dp/1607744864

What is really interesting is that the author ties this back to the amounts of sugar consumed, knowingly or unknowingly, by the average American. When he talks about giving it up and the subsequent withdrawal, I reflected on how I felt when I started IP - the same.

It is a fast read and I decided that IP absolutely reflects the necessity of avoiding sugar and many carbs from our eating if we wish to stay healthy and at whatever weight we end and go on maintenance.

If you can check it out of the library, consider reading it. The challenge of emotional eating is covered and I thought "this is me" whenever the author talked out food addictions. I am not arguing his science because I do not have the facts to prove or disprove. I just know that his description of addiction fits what I have faced.

KLD81230
02-06-2014, 11:48 AM
EMS70508, I have a few questions, and thanks for sharing a example of your eating plan for the day.
What is EVOO/
I am excited to try your chicken salad....

Extra Virgin Olive Oil :)

GettinHealthyNow
02-06-2014, 11:57 AM
Good morning! Another frigid day here at -24C. Have my hot tea in my hands, maybe I'll shiver off another pound today?

Have a good day everyone.

eandc2006
02-06-2014, 12:41 PM
Hello everyone. Cold weather, and by cold I mean -16ish, here in Denver. Whoa...the warm up to the 40's this weekend will feel like a heat wave. Feeling good on day three of a restart...haven't been on the scale but can already feel the difference. I am thinking of staying off and just going by how I am feeling. Anyone else done this for any length of time? I probably have gained 10 lbs (haven't been on the scale so not entirely sure just judging by my clothes, etc). If so, did you find yourself more at peace with the process and less focused on the results? I figured why not give it a shot.

Had a dream about pizza last night. Talk about crazy...there were even mashed potato pizza. Guess you could say I am getting into the trenches when I start dreaming of food.

Have a good day everyone!

jendilly
02-06-2014, 12:58 PM
Good morning!! After an absolutely CRAZY day celebrating our Super Bowl win in downtown Seattle with 700,000 fans, I'm tired and sore today. I tried so hard to not have to go to the bathroom down there (standing in the same spot, surrounded by TONS of people and nowhere to go) that I didn't eat much yesterday or drink anything...until I got home I ate a bar while down there, and then had fish and veggies when I got home at 6pm. Walked up lots of hills, too. Not the ideal day, but it was okay. Being there for the celebration was incredible, though, and glad I got to do that with my kids.

Then I got home last night and got a facebook message from my IP coach that she was let go yesterday, due to a personal conflict with the office manager at the chiropractor's office. I have my WI today, and now have no idea what to expect. No idea if anyone will even be there, or who it will be, or how it will go. My coach before has let me do individual packets, and I don't know if this person will. She was also very supportive and knowledgeable. I feel like I'm starting over, having to share this with someone new. Feeling a bit anxious about it all.

athena4791
02-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Hi everyone! Haven't been on here in a while! I hope you are all finding success in your endeavors to a healthier you. I'm thinking about going back on ip products simply to have the coach. I think I need the accountability. I've been awesome at staying on track the last two weeks using alternatives, but it seems harder for me to stay strict after derailing for a while. Any suggestions?

shrinkingsusie
02-06-2014, 02:30 PM
Okay all, I went to update my ticker and used the links quick links and it takes you to a non-existent page. I think since 3FC updated the home page maybe it is somewhere else, but I couldn't find it. I used a Ticker Factory one, but I don't like them as much.

Any one else had this issue?

For me, it's now under user pc theme dot signature. My quick links has been gone for overa month now.

tbc85
02-06-2014, 02:32 PM
Had my 3rd WI last night and down 6lbs in 2 weeks (no WI last week) and 8.5 inches!!

Sammie12
02-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Just had my first WI after restart & down 8.4 lbs & 8.5 inches love this diet

schenectady
02-06-2014, 02:49 PM
LOL...you're a champ!! He needs to "quietly" make that one up to you!! Surely you can thing of SOMEthing ...?

Yes, you are right. Already taken care of with a Coldwater Creek pale pink jacket, pink shoes for my trip to Atlanta, pair of size 16 jeans for my next weight drop....

Vippysue
02-06-2014, 03:09 PM

Scale victory and NSV too! That's awesome!

Vippysue
02-06-2014, 03:14 PM
ColoradoCarol-- I'd love to hear about your "cleanse." Will it mess with your electrolytes, or do you know?

Thanks!

lisa32989
02-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Carol, so true. I'm not angry or upset with the scale staying the same. I know that I'm doing everything as right as I can. I have to let my body do it's thing!
The "thing" my body is still wanting to do is maintain (up 5/down 5 but not losing below lowest WI)
I've made some contacts today so I can get adrenal function tested. No more talking about it or planning to do it. The day has come!
Something is definitely wrong!

Vippysue
02-06-2014, 03:22 PM
QUOTE]

Thanks

Just a few initial thoughts:

1. 64 oz of water minimum. Don't count tea in that.
2. Splitting protein is okay I have done it the entire time on IP
3. Vitamins/supplements should be taken as directed on the sheet for phase 1 - some in the am, lunch and dinner.
4. Does Montreal have 0/0/0? Are you getting too much salt?
5. Are you eating your 4 cups of veggies per day? Are you limiting your restricted veggies as required?
6. Are you only eating what is on the phase 1 sheet? (ie not on the sheet don't eat it)
7. Getting your 1-2 tsp of evoo or grape seed oil per day?
8.do you measure veggies and meat raw?

Hope this helps.

Carol[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the suggestions... Yes to most of these... need to work on vitamin timing and evoo......and Montreal Steak seasoning is 0/0/0. My husband used it on spinach today and it was delicious. Even my assistant, who won't eat spinach liked it. Highly recommend it!

dak1lls
02-06-2014, 03:24 PM

Congratulations! The prize is awesome, but even more so is the feeling of success in that new scale number and knowing this is another leap towards a healthier you! :cp:

Deana: it is amazing to watch your transformation. You have continued to be so upbeat and such a positive inspiration to me and I know to many others. Thanks for continuing to share your successes along the way. I am so happy for you. It is great to find that new confidence and feel good about ourselves. I love the feeling that I look as good as I feel now.

Congrats to everyone on scale victories and NSV's today!

Vippysue
02-06-2014, 03:26 PM
[QUOTE=Vippysue;4937273]

Are you having your third packet (at lunch)? You didn't mention it.

What proteins are you eating.

Perhaps also post a couple day's actual menus...

Yes, I am eating a third packet. Proteins are beef, tenderloin and sirloin, chicken, pork loin, trout, hamburger (7% fat)...

jendilly
02-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Had my WI and I lost 1 pound. The coach now I guess was the coach before and is the most "certified" of anyone there. Whatever...I wasn't impressed and miss my old coach. She was much more encouraging. This new coach measured me in different spots, so my measurements were all messed up. Not thrilled, but I guess I have a new baseline. No way did I gain an inch in my arms this week, but that's what my measurements show now. She showed I was up in places and barely down in others. Also, I had been able to get individual packets before (I've never bought a whole box of something) and she wasn't in to doing that this time, but let me...I just don't think that'll be the way it is going forward.

All in all, it was a downer of an appointment and part of me wants to go have a Starbucks skinny vanilla latte and a muffin to make me feel better...but I know that's not the answer. So, I sit here sipping my decaf herbal tea.

Ugh.

finale
02-06-2014, 04:24 PM
jendilly
I know it is hard when we really like someone and they become part of the comfort of what you are doing. I know the feeling and it is hard to stay away from our triggers like the comfort of food. Congrats on you for going to your decaf, in the end it is how we feel not what we put in our mouth that helps. The hardest part for me is food has been there for over 17 years and it is so easy to gravitate back to that. We are getting to be stronger and remember you could always ask the coach that emailed you if you could still consult with her.

ColoradoCarol
02-06-2014, 05:11 PM
ColoradoCarol-- I'd love to hear about your "cleanse." Will it mess with your electrolytes, or do you know?

Thanks!

Not sure if it will mess with my electrolytes. The one I used was suggested by the clinic since they can't sell Novaclense in the US. She said she looked at a lot of different cleanses and felt like it was good. It was not my normal coach, but a chiro in the office that is also a coach.

It is called:
Garden of Life
Wild Rose
Herbal D-Tox

"Easy 12 Day Whole Body Herbal Cleanse"

It is vegan compliant (I'm not vegan), gluten free, dairy free and soy free. It does not contain stimulant laxatves.

Sopra2
02-06-2014, 05:54 PM
Good morning!! After an absolutely CRAZY day celebrating our Super Bowl win in downtown Seattle with 700,000 fans, I'm tired and sore today.

Jendilly...I am totally jealous that you got to go downtown and watch the parade. I watched it from the warm comfort of my house.My sister and I are both doing IP and live in Renton/Issaquah area and LOVE our IP coach. If you don't mind me asking where are you located?

Judith

ChaloJ
02-06-2014, 06:40 PM
Jendilly...I am totally jealous that you got to go downtown and watch the parade. I watched it from the warm comfort of my house.My sister and I are both doing IP and live in Renton/Issaquah area and LOVE our IP coach. If you don't mind me asking where are you located?

Judith

Oooo! I have been looking for a coach in the Renton/Issaquah area! Where is your coach?

Sopra2
02-06-2014, 07:10 PM
My coaches name is Heather, and she is located at http://www.banichealth.com/ideal_protein.asp in Issaquah. She is great!

Judith

IPMaryD
02-06-2014, 08:02 PM
Hi all-- I had to cancel my 3rd weigh in today, so I am going tomorrow. Please send good thoughts!

I know I need to get better at eating the lettuce and veggies, I rarely find myself hungry enough and figure I need the packet more. I am good with the water as I feel like I have never been more thirsty in my life.

What rituals do you have for weigh in day?

djs06
02-06-2014, 08:16 PM
Good luck, IPMary. My ritual is asparagus the night before. :lol:

Ugh, I am so cranky. PMS is off the charts (its so way worse when I'm op…). Today I would rather eat ANYTHING but IP food, animal protein, or veggies. I almost had a tantrum over my evening veggies and forced myself to choke them down even though in my head I kept saying "but I'd rather eat NOTHING UGGGGG." :devil:

Sorry for the neg, just needed to vent instead of have another internal tantrum and graze dangerously near the fridge.

vachinyc
02-06-2014, 08:27 PM

Congrats Deana! You're doing great. Very happy for you on your fun new revelations. :dancer:

ColoradoCarol
02-06-2014, 08:37 PM
Hi all-- I had to cancel my 3rd weigh in today, so I am going tomorrow. Please send good thoughts!

I know I need to get better at eating the lettuce and veggies, I rarely find myself hungry enough and figure I need the packet more. I am good with the water as I feel like I have never been more thirsty in my life.

What rituals do you have for weigh in day?

My ritual is I eat a very light breakfast (usuall IP RTD chocolate drink with coffee) and a light lunch (usually wafers or pudding). About 1/4 of the daily water. I don't want to carry any extra weight to the scale. I would prefer to have a morning weigh in, but they don't do any Saturday appointments.

Slipfree
02-06-2014, 08:46 PM
WI ritual, I go first thing on Sat. morning. I do not eat or drink anything (not even coffee!) and I wear the same thing every weigh in. I also cut back on sodium items at least 3 days before.

vachinyc
02-06-2014, 08:52 PM
Hi all: I've had a trying 2 days of work travel in spite of planning ahead, taking packets, pre-reading menus etc. let's just say I'll be happy when I close my eyes on today. Planes, trains, automobiles, delays, ice storms, overcrowded hotels, really hot trains that ran out of water... Dinner last night was sketchy and really late with maybe butter on veggies even tho I asked not. today...two bars. It was either that or not eat at all for many hours (bar 1 was planned) and I was feeling sick from the heat. Just so angry and sad and out of sorts. So I'm reading all your posts and getting inspired. Thank you! Whew!

Susie - you're still shrinking :) and the big C will definitely do it. Screws me up every week or so even though I take colon RX pills and drink Calm - both from my clinic. There's always next week is right. Keep it up girlfriend!

TOM, the visitor we'd all like to send packing! You always do so well ems - following the plan... Keep on keepin' on. The scale will cooperate soon I hope.

CONGRATS finale! That's so cool - losing weight is great and getting paid to lose weight...even better! :)

Had my 3rd WI last night and down 6lbs in 2 weeks (no WI last week) and 8.5 inches!!

Six pounds is awesome. And 8.5 inches...wow. congrats tbc!

Just had my first WI after restart & down 8.4 lbs & 8.5 inches love this diet

Holy wow! I never had a week like that. Amazing. Good for you Sammie!

Had my WI and I lost 1 pound... All in all, it was a downer of an appointment and part of me wants to go have a Starbucks skinny vanilla latte and a muffin to make me feel better...but I know that's not the answer. So, I sit here sipping my decaf herbal tea.

Good for you Jendilly with the decaf herbal tea. It takes willpower and you are flexing that muscle! And good for you with the 1 pound down. I know we always want more but it's a pound and it's GONE!

Btw...If you really need the tastes from starbucks, you can add a little sugar free vanilla syrup and a splash of IP vanilla drink to your coffee...and make muffins with a pudding packet. Though I know it isn't the same as getting both in s'bucks... I can sometimes beat a craving that way.

Hope you all have a good evening. I'm trying to turn my attitude around and move forward from my tough two-days. Tired, tired!

IPMaryD
02-06-2014, 09:17 PM
Thanks friends, I knew I wasn't crazy to want a Weigh in ritual, I just don't know what mine is yet!

I appreciate you!

MareDog37
02-06-2014, 09:48 PM
NSVs today:

My partner at work treated our teams to bagels & cream cheese this morning. The team table is about 3 feet from my chair, so I get to witness everyone consuming their snacks. Not even a twinge of desire to indulge!

PLUS my manager informed me today that I'm being groomed for a promotion! Just need to get through the official process over the next couple months. Hopefully by this summer, new job and new me!!!

ColoradoCarol
02-06-2014, 09:52 PM
NSVs today:

My partner at work treated our teams to bagels & cream cheese this morning. The team table is about 3 feet from my chair, so I get to witness everyone consuming their snacks. Not even a twinge of desire to indulge!

PLUS my manager informed me today that I'm being groomed for a promotion! Just need to get through the official process over the next couple months. Hopefully by this summer, new job and new me!!!

Congrats - on both victories. There is always food in my office but I never eat it. Every time you don't eat it you get stronger.

ems70508
02-06-2014, 10:34 PM
Vachinyc thank you're so sweet with words, thank you for the support!

Deana! I didn't see your post from late last night. Today, I was thinking about how we have such a great community on here and that it had been a while since I had read one of your posts! I'm so glad you're beginning to feel confidence in yourself. Probably one of the best rewards!!

nolasmurf
02-06-2014, 10:40 PM
Hi everyone . Went out with friends last night and was up late. Lol too late for a work night. I hung out and sipped some sparkling water. Home tonight, watching my honey and daughter get ready for comic con this weekend. Last minute tweaks to costumes etc. ;)

I'll be working all weekend. Found out today that they are adding a position to my department and I'm really interested in it. Going to meet with my boss about it tomorrow.

Going to head off to bed early to catch up from last night

sweetenuf
02-06-2014, 10:51 PM
NSVs today:

One great new turn deserves another!! congrats and good luck.

stephascope
02-06-2014, 10:58 PM
Hi everyone . Went out with friends last night and was up late. Lol too late for a work night. I hung out and sipped some sparkling water. Home tonight, watching my honey and daughter get ready for comic con this weekend. Last minute tweaks to costumes etc. ;)

Comic con sounds like fun! What costumes are they wearing?

nolasmurf
02-06-2014, 11:04 PM
Comic con sounds like fun! What costumes are they wearing?

He's going a Tony Stark (iron man)
She's going as Dean from Supernatural, The 10th Doctor from Doctor Who and Sunday she as another costume.
My parents bought her a 3 day VIP where she'll get to do a meet and greet with Matt Smith from Dr. Who.

We're just one big ole geek family! :D

stephascope
02-06-2014, 11:08 PM
She's going as Dean from Supernatural, The 10th Doctor from Doctor Who and Sunday she as another costume.
My parents bought her a 3 day VIP where she'll get to do a meet and greet with Matt Smith from Dr. Who.

My husband loves Dr. Who but I won't let him watch it when I'm around lol. It sounds like they will have a great time.

PurpleMomster
02-06-2014, 11:18 PM

She's meeting Matt Smith?? Luckeee!!!

I'm a big ole geek myself :D

I'm suffering with a cold today - I seem to always end up with one after flying, yuck. Chicken soup was the best thing about today.

Jo

Bellamack
02-06-2014, 11:43 PM
The "thing" my body is still wanting to do is maintain (up 5/down 5 but not losing below lowest WI)
I've made some contacts today so I can get adrenal function tested. No more talking about it or planning to do it. The day has come!
Something is definitely wrong!

I am thinking about asking my doctor about this too. I hope you find something out

infoplease
02-07-2014, 12:18 AM
Hello everyone. Cold weather, and by cold I mean -16ish, here in Denver. Whoa...the warm up to the 40's this weekend will feel like a heat wave. Feeling good on day three of a restart...haven't been on the scale but can already feel the difference. I am thinking of staying off and just going by how I am feeling. Anyone else done this for any length of time? I probably have gained 10 lbs (haven't been on the scale so not entirely sure just judging by my clothes, etc). If so, did you find yourself more at peace with the process and less focused on the results? I figured why not give it a shot.

Had a dream about pizza last night. Talk about crazy...there were even mashed potato pizza. Guess you could say I am getting into the trenches when I start dreaming of food.

Have a good day everyone!

I'm doing the reset now, which is supposed to be 2 weeks of each phase before returning to phase 4. I am using IP products from my doctor's office (not my original coach/office). Phase 1 Week 1 was pretty good although I kept waiting for ketosis to kick in. Dynamite weigh in/inches lost/BF% down. Phase 1 Week 2 I was hungry most of the time; lots and lots of water and herbal tea and experimenting with dividing up the food, which I never did the first time around. Phase 2 Week 1 Day 2...hungry, no IP "desserts" with meals, eh--it's OK but I'm not seeing 2 weeks of this, taking it one day at a time.

Something is very, very different this time. Maybe it just didn't take as long to reset, maybe removing the excess sugar rearranged water, not sure.

What drove the reset was that I couldn't get the weekly range (from fun day to fun day) to stay below 120. Not just an occasional excursion but consistently above the target top, plus it was obviously in my hips, thighs and abdomen.

I'm torn with staying the course, so that the calories go up smoothly and I am able to perhaps bump up my maintenance calories a bit and layoff having too much sugary fun on the fun days.

I am at peace with the process and I am focussed on different results, I think.
I am wanting to see body comp changes, I'm wanting to retrain my taste buds, and wherever the weight lands, it lands. Today was the first day that the home scale betrayed me; all the other days either the weight or the BF% (or both) went down. [I know the scale isn't accurate enough to be using it this way, but it keeps me staying 100% for the sake of a true experiment.]

Is your main reset goal to get the clothes fitting back like they did?

jendilly
02-07-2014, 12:50 AM

Judith

I live in the Browns Point area of Tacoma and go to a clinic in Federal Way. It's less than 10 minutes away, which is nice...just didn't feel like I will connect with this new coach, even though she's been there longer.

I've messaged with my old coach a bit today. She checked in on me, which was nice. The other gal is just not personable or warm...not as caring. Maybe it'll get better. I wasn't prepared for my inches to be so off, though. I've been proud of the inches that I've lost and now it's less than before, even though I know it's actually more. She just measures in different places. But I suppose I'll show a drop next week. And the food thing I was not prepared for. My last coach had tons of open boxes that we could just take packets out of. This one didn't have that out. She did eventually open a few boxes and allowed me to take a few packets, but I have a strong feeling that won't continue.

Really considering going to alternates and doing my own thing.

Panya
02-07-2014, 02:52 AM
My first WI today, - 5 lbs yehey :D

nacygirl1
02-07-2014, 06:51 AM
I live in the Browns Point area of Tacoma and go to a clinic in Federal Way. It's less than 10 minutes away, which is nice...just didn't feel like I will connect with this new coach, even though she's been there longer.

I've messaged with my old coach a bit today. She checked in on me, which was nice. The other gal is just not personable or warm...not as caring. Maybe it'll get better. I wasn't prepared for my inches to be so off, though. I've been proud of the inches that I've lost and now it's less than before, even though I know it's actually more. She just measures in different places. But I suppose I'll show a drop next week. And the food thing I was not prepared for. My last coach had tons of open boxes that we could just take packets out of. This one didn't have that out. She did eventually open a few boxes and allowed me to take a few packets, but I have a strong feeling that won't continue.

Really considering going to alternates and doing my own thing.

Hi Jendilly...

I had a not so good coach from the beginning. I decided from reading the boards here to go with alternatives. Happy I made the decision to switch and I'm saving myself $$$ too. :carrot: I purchased an Omron scale and I feel very empowered with the support from the folks here on the boards at 3 Fat Chicks and not having to go to a coach that doesn't care. I'm now putting $$$ back in my pocket instead of his.