Ideal Protein Diet - Home of the 100% (NO CHEAT ZONE) Volume 30

Pages : [1] 2 3

lisa32989
02-04-2014, 11:33 PM
Time for a new thread!

RosiePosie101
02-05-2014, 07:24 AM
Thanks Lisa!

I experienced my first real hunger pains yesterday after 5 weeks on IP. Felt like my stomach was an empty hole I could have happily eaten my arm. But instead I crunched on some romaine lettuce, drank a heap of water and had a cup of chai tea. An hour later, the hunger pains had gone. Felt like such a victory that I didn't go to the local shop and buy my usual afternoon chocolate or crisp fix.

It feels good to know that not only am I eating appropriately on this plan but I'm learning about how to deal with things like hunger pains. Hopefully this will help with the maintenance stage.

Ruth Ann
02-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Thanks Lisa!

IPN: I was so excited that the Mariners signed Robinson Cano. I really think he will add great things to our team!

Rosie: I felt the same way yesterday. I realized that taking allergy medication in the morning makes me have the munchies all day long. Just going to have to learn to live with it I guess. For some reason, my lunch ended up being a container with 2 cups of cucumbers in it instead of my salad so I drank a lot of herbal tea and got up and walked around the building a few times to stave off the want to munch. Made it through but I'm double checking my lunch bag today!

Hiker88
02-05-2014, 09:40 AM
Someone asked me yesterday if I've been fighting the flu because of my weight loss.....maybe my immune system is weak. Well maybe, but half the staff have fought the flu and not felt great this winter at times (including him)

Its funny, when your heavy people blame that for any problems you have and then when you lose weight they blame that on your problems!

OK, rant over.

drd1961
02-05-2014, 09:47 AM
We have a considerable amount of people out sick this week. It seems to be hitting hard this year.

Ruth Ann
02-05-2014, 10:05 AM
Tons of nasty bugs going around here too. I think it's likely that you got another bug on top of the one you had before Hiker and of course it has nothing to do with your weight loss! More to do with sick people going to work, the grocery store, etc., in my opinion.

Of course, a ton of people are calling in sick around here today so they can go to the Seahawks parade. Much as I love the Seahawks, 300,000 people combined with mid-20 temps makes me glad to have to work today!

Hawaii69
02-05-2014, 11:31 AM
Tons of nasty bugs going around here too. I think it's likely that you got another bug on top of the one you had before Hiker and of course it has nothing to do with your weight loss! More to do with sick people going to work, the grocery store, etc., in my opinion.

Of course, a ton of people are calling in sick around here today so they can go to the Seahawks parade. Much as I love the Seahawks, 300,000 people combined with mid-20 temps makes me glad to have to work today!

Somebody asked if I was sick because I had lost so much weight! lol I said no, just on a plan for some much needed weight loss! Thats been the only negative comment I've had since I've lost. The rest have been very positive. People have even mentioned to my kids how good I look! Now, thats what I like to hear!

Ruth Ann
02-05-2014, 12:27 PM
:dance: I did it! Down 3 lbs today! You all did hear all the whooping and hollering, right?

I know I shouldn't put too much emphasis on the scale numbers but, WOW! That was exciting! :dance:

lisa32989
02-05-2014, 12:33 PM
Ruth Ann :bravo: :cp:
My scale is still up & down but no lower.
I need to find the right doctor to help since my doc isn't the guy

schenectady
02-05-2014, 12:34 PM
:dance: I did it! Down 3 lbs today! You all did hear all the whooping and hollering, right?

I know I shouldn't put too much emphasis on the scale numbers but, WOW! That was exciting! :dance:

Do not know where you are in Seattle, but maybe you can hear me hooping and hollering from here in Seahurst! That is so exciting and it IS OK to use weight as one of the measures of progress. It is a little easier to validate than total inches lost (that always changes depending on how careful they measure) since there is no total mark of which you can keep track.

So in addition to the parade today (I will stay safely away in a warm spot) there should be fireworks for you. Dancing carrots isn't quite the same feeling.

Ruth Ann
02-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Ruth Ann :bravo: :cp:
My scale is still up & down but no lower.
I need to find the right doctor to help since my doc isn't the guy

Thanks Lisa! And good luck on finding another doctor. Obviously something is going on that hasn't been pinpointed yet.

Do not know where you are in Seattle, but maybe you can hear me hooping and hollering from here in Seahurst! That is so exciting and it IS OK to use weight as one of the measures of progress. It is a little easier to validate than total inches lost (that always changes depending on how careful they measure) since there is no total mark of which you can keep track.

So in addition to the parade today (I will stay safely away in a warm spot) there should be fireworks for you. Dancing carrots isn't quite the same feeling.

And thank you Schenedctady! You are right - it is a good validation!

I'm missing the parade today since I have to work, but I have on my championship t-shirt (size medium) and will be there in spirit. Besides, it's COLD today!

Slipfree
02-05-2014, 12:40 PM
Hip, hip,hurray for Ruth Ann! :woohoo: :yay: ! Can you hear me cheering from CT?! So happy for you :D

schenectady
02-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Thanks Lisa!

I'm missing the parade today since I have to work, but I have on my championship t-shirt (size medium) and will be there in spirit. Besides, it's COLD today!

Isn't it nice to be able to say 'size medium'! How long have we associated ourselves with large size, extra large size, whatever. It is a whole new mindset.

I love being able to at least try on medium shirts. Depending on the fit, I can wear them because I lost everything up top first. Below the waist would be a whole different story but that is the way it has always been.

I love being able to look for 'normal' clothes and not plus. Getting out of that designation is a real mental sparkle.

ColoradoCarol
02-05-2014, 12:49 PM

Wahoo!!!! Did you see my post on the daily chat? I thought your weigh in was today. I was pulling for you. My weigh in is today as well. I am hoping for a whoosh.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Ruth Ann
02-05-2014, 12:50 PM
Thanks slipfree! I did hear the cheers!

And yes schenctady it is so fun to not have to look for the largest size possible. The day I cancelled my Lane Bryant sale notifications was a really huge victory for me!

Ruth Ann
02-05-2014, 12:51 PM
Wahoo!!!! Did you see my post on the daily chat? I thought your weigh in was today. I was pulling for you. My weigh in is today as well. I am hoping for a whoosh.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Hadn't caught up on my reading yet Carol, but on my way there. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

And thank you!

Ruth Ann
02-05-2014, 12:54 PM
On another note - my coach today gave me a tin of Ice Chips to try. They are sweetened with xylitol and she said they are fine for about 4 times a day (apparently you have to watch out for xylitol since it gives some people the runs).

They taste good and should work for when my mouth is yucky and I'm meeting clients (although I try to brush my teeth first, not always possible).

ColoradoCarol
02-05-2014, 01:04 PM
On another note - my coach today gave me a tin of Ice Chips to try. They are sweetened with xylitol and she said they are fine for about 4 times a day (apparently you have to watch out for xylitol since it gives some people the runs).

They taste good and should work for when my mouth is yucky and I'm meeting clients (although I try to brush my teeth first, not always possible).

I'll be interested to hear how they are and where you can purchase them. Currently I use Listerine Strips. I do miss gum and mints. But I was told for bad breath the only thing we could use is Binaca (which I bought the Listerine one because I couldn't find Binaca) or Listerine Strips.

Ruth Ann
02-05-2014, 01:07 PM
They aren't bad at all Carol and I'm going to look at the grocery store to see if I can find them (since I'm sure they will be cheaper there!).

ColoradoCarol
02-05-2014, 01:20 PM
They aren't bad at all Carol and I'm going to look at the grocery store to see if I can find them (since I'm sure they will be cheaper there!).

Ruth Ann,

They have a website that has a store locator. I found a couple of stores in my area that sell them. I want to give them a try.

Here is the link to the website: http://www.icechipscandy.com/

IdealProteinNewbie
02-05-2014, 01:52 PM
Congrats Ruth Ann! Soooo happy for you! :broc:

Hope you get in touch with another doctor soon Lisa.

Hockeymom40
02-05-2014, 02:11 PM

I just ordered Ice Chips from Netrition this week! Got some as a sample last year. I recalled that I liked them but forgot about them until I saw them on the Netrition website.

Ruth Ann
02-05-2014, 02:11 PM
Thanks Carol - found a couple in my area too.

And thank you IPN! I'm pretty stoked too - kind of gave me new motivation!

Tigerlvr52
02-05-2014, 02:32 PM
Thanks Carol - found a couple in my area too.

And thank you IPN! I'm pretty stoked too - kind of gave me new motivation!

Ruth Ann... there's a store in Tacoma called OCD candy that has the ice chips. :)

schenectady
02-05-2014, 04:11 PM

From their website, there was no indication of any nearby grocery stores that I could find. I just got brave and ordered a selection from their website - free shipping. Hope I like all the flavors.

dak1lls
02-05-2014, 04:12 PM

I am doing a happy dance with you! I am so, so, so happy for you! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Hawaii69
02-05-2014, 04:30 PM

Ruth Ann;

Congratulations!! How exciting and so motivating! You go girl!

Hiker88
02-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Ruth Ann its not 'just' a number! What a huge accomplishment!!! I'm sooo happy for you!! Take a long look in the mirror and acknowledge how far you've come!!!

Where's that darn broccoli? Can't find it today????

calypso58
02-05-2014, 09:07 PM

I think you should dance and sing and cheer and shout! This is the best ever for you! Congratulations Ruth Ann~
:bravo::cp::dancer::congrat::broc::cheer::rofl:<~~~it's a pep rally!!!

JLUS
02-05-2014, 09:27 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Three Cheers for YOU!!! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

Ruth Ann
02-05-2014, 09:48 PM
I am doing a happy dance with you! I am so, so, so happy for you! :carrot::carrot::carrot::carrot:

Ruth Ann;

Congratulations!! How exciting and so motivating! You go girl!

Ruth Ann its not 'just' a number! What a huge accomplishment!!! I'm sooo happy for you!! Take a long look in the mirror and acknowledge how far you've come!!!

Where's that darn broccoli? Can't find it today????

I think you should dance and sing and cheer and shout! This is the best ever for you! Congratulations Ruth Ann~
:bravo::cp::dancer::congrat::broc::cheer::rofl:<~~~it's a pep rally!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Three Cheers for YOU!!! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

Thanks everyone! It really put me in a good mood all day - I was seriously excited!

And I had to laugh at dh yesterday - I brought home my Superbowl t-shirt and he looked at it and said "that's dinky." Well, duh dear! He asked if I thought it would fit so I put it on and he said "hubba, hubba!" He's so cute.

RosiePosie101
02-05-2014, 10:35 PM

Great job Ruth Ann!

ColoradoCarol
02-05-2014, 10:48 PM
Thanks everyone! It really put me in a good mood all day - I was seriously excited!

And I had to laugh at dh yesterday - I brought home my Superbowl t-shirt and he looked at it and said "that's dinky." Well, duh dear! He asked if I thought it would fit so I put it on and he said "hubba, hubba!" He's so cute.

Love his comment. That's great.

Ruth Ann
02-05-2014, 11:32 PM
Thanks Rosie!

Yeah Carol he is a character sometimes!

vachinyc
02-06-2014, 07:59 AM

Yay! Whooping and hollering for you too. (The folks in the hotel at 630 am may not love that but, so what!) whoop, whoop!:dancer:

65X65
02-06-2014, 08:53 AM

YIPPPPPEEE!! Congrats RuthAnn.. hope you had a great time reflecting and glowing yesterday! You've done "REAL GOOD"...and I know you'll hit goal soon...but this milestone is monumental and we all share your accomplishment joy and happy dance!:dancer::grouphug::cloud9::congrat:

Ruth Ann
02-06-2014, 08:58 AM
Thanks vacinnyc! You should have heard me when I weighed in!

schednectady I just realized that all the places near me are dentist offices. Think I will just order from the website too. Don't need them often but handy when I do.

Ruth Ann
02-06-2014, 09:01 AM
Hi 65! You must have popped in while I was posting!

I did glow all day and did spend some time thinking about how far I've come. So much has changed in the last 9+ months - I have more confidence, I feel better about myself and I have really cute new clothes!

Amanda112
02-06-2014, 12:13 PM
Way to go Ruth Ann

My weight in day was Tuesday, down 11 pounds and 4 1/2" so far.
Onto week # 3.

Question: My coach gave me some samples of the IP herbal tea to try. I loved it, when I went in on Tuesday she said its no longer available :(

Does anyone know of a similar tasting tea?

jendilly
02-06-2014, 01:15 PM
I'm sorry I missed this yesterday!! CONGRATULATIONS RUTH-ANN!!! That is incredible and must feel soooo good!

As far as the Ice Chips, I have been using those since the very beginning. Our clinic sells them, along with all of the WF products. I've tried MANY of the flavors...Pina Colada, Wintergreen, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Coffee, Strawberry Daiquiri and Root Beer Float. Love them all and nice to carry in your purse when you want just a taste of something sweet or to use as a mint. My kids love them, too. They're made locally in Yelm, WA but two sweet grandmothers and were featured on the show Shark Tank. One of the sharks did invest in them about a year ago and their business has taken off.

schenectady
02-06-2014, 02:52 PM
I'm sorry I missed this yesterday!! CONGRATULATIONS RUTH-ANN!!! That is incredible and must feel soooo good!

As far as the Ice Chips, I have been using those since the very beginning. Our clinic sells them, along with all of the WF products. I've tried MANY of the flavors...Pina Colada, Wintergreen, Peppermint, Cinnamon, Coffee, Strawberry Daiquiri and Root Beer Float. Love them all and nice to carry in your purse when you want just a taste of something sweet or to use as a mint. My kids love them, too. They're made locally in Yelm, WA but two sweet grandmothers and were featured on the show Shark Tank. One of the sharks did invest in them about a year ago and their business has taken off.

After the mention on here, I ordered a box of 6 online yesterday afternoon. They were here today by 10AM. No shipping charge. Tried the peppermint and waiting to try the root beer. Six different flavors from the Shark Tank assortment. Great story about those grannies.

jendilly
02-06-2014, 03:30 PM
I would've mentioned them much earlier, but being a newbie, I figured you all knew about them already. Sorry! They're great!

Ruth Ann
02-06-2014, 11:43 PM
Thanks Jendilly!

I went ahead and ordered some too schenectady - hope my shipping is as fast as yours was! Looking forward to trying more flavors - I have the wintergreen and just love it. My coach did warn me to limit them to 4 or so a day which works for me just fine - I just needed something for the times I can't brush my teeth but want to have presentable breath.

Was thrilled to find asparagus on sale today - down to $1.99 a lb. Hooray! I've been missing asparagus.

Ruth Ann
02-07-2014, 11:16 AM
Schenectady - I got mine at QFC too, lovely little ones (of course I had to take apart a couple of bundles to get the ones I wanted!). I love asparagus season!

Looking forward to the different flavors of Ice Chips but right now I'm sucking on sugar free cough drops - blasted sinuses are going all kinds of crazy. Lots of herbal tea today for me.

Bellamack
02-07-2014, 12:16 PM
Congrats Ruth Ann and in only 9 months, just Fabulous!

I love asparagus and I have to have it every week, I buy it from the Schwann's man and it is always so tender.

I have to check out these Ice Chips, maybe Wegmans has them :)

Ruth Ann
02-07-2014, 12:32 PM
Thanks Bellamack! My brain is still catching up with the fact that I've lost so much weight in so short a time.

Here's the website for the Ice Chips http://www.icechipscandy.com/ They have a store locator or you can order directly from them.

Bellamack
02-07-2014, 12:52 PM
Thanks Ruth Ann :) WOW, went on the webpage, these look awesome. I have to order some. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm cranberry :)

jendilly
02-07-2014, 01:30 PM
They bring out seasonal flavors of the Ice Chips, too. Their pumpkin spice one was to die for. Tasted like pumpkin pie...perfect amount of "spice". I've tried most of them, but I know I need to limit myself better on them. I think I eat too many of them. One at a time is plenty for the flavor. Sometimes I grab a couple and I need to stop. :)

Tigerlvr52
02-07-2014, 01:40 PM
Going to a wine and chocolate festival tonight for my mom's & sister's birthday. I am all ready and have very filling things to eat here at work, going to have a nice chunk of beef for dinner and lots of water. It's not the wine that is tempting it's chocolate, so i am combating that with my restricted bar while i am there or my vanilla wafers. I have both with me it all depends on what craving hits harder, sweet or chocolate.

lisa32989
02-07-2014, 05:18 PM
So, the doctor I was going to go to MOVED out of state!
But he does long-distance consultations.
I'm working on getting an "appointment"

Hawaii69
02-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Going to a wine and chocolate festival tonight for my mom's & sister's birthday. I am all ready and have very filling things to eat here at work, going to have a nice chunk of beef for dinner and lots of water. It's not the wine that is tempting it's chocolate, so i am combating that with my restricted bar while i am there or my vanilla wafers. I have both with me it all depends on what craving hits harder, sweet or chocolate.

Last weekend I went to an amazing wine testing with my hubby and sister and bro in-law and friend. That was tough. I would smell, not taste, I was the designated driver. I made sure I had a glass of Zevia before and did a lot of talking to myself about not cheating. I am so close and its not worth not staying 100% so I was very proud of myself and look back at a great week. I will get to do the wine testing another day when I'm on maintenance!

RosiePosie101
02-07-2014, 08:11 PM
Last weekend I went to an amazing wine testing with my hubby and sister and bro in-law and friend. That was tough. I would smell, not taste, I was the designated driver. I made sure I had a glass of Zevia before and did a lot of talking to myself about not cheating. I am so close and its not worth not staying 100% so I was very proud of myself and look back at a great week. I will get to do the wine testing another day when I'm on maintenance!

Well done! My work is organizing a 'wine and cheese tasting' social function in two weeks time. My two most favourite things! And together!!!!

calypso58
02-07-2014, 08:50 PM
Well done! My work is organizing a 'wine and cheese tasting' social function in two weeks time. My two most favourite things! And together!!!!

I'm going to San Francisco at the end of February for business. We are planning a side trip to Napa and I've already told my coach that I will phase off for this event. I can handle a wine tasting here in town but not on a trip to Napa!

Hawaii69
02-07-2014, 08:52 PM

Thanks! Nice to know others can relate! lol!

Hiker88
02-07-2014, 10:39 PM
I just did a friend a favour and picked up her daughters dog to 'dog sit' for a few hours. When she came to pick the dog up I was talking about my new clothes on the white furniture and she said 'you have lost weight, your not going to yoyo back are you?'

She's not the type to be rude so either she was just being an air head or she's been listening to people talk. I'm going to go with the air head theory! I don't know why it bugged me so much.. maybe I'm just tired. Thanks to a lot of previous comments on 3FC's I think I handled it ok.

I said 'I sure hope not!, I don't imagine your daughter plans on gaining her weight back'(her daughter has lost weight and is looking good) To which she replied, 'oh no, she's worked so hard at it.' (and I haven't???) That's as polite as I could be cause I was tempted to ask her why she would say something so rude! But I held my tongue!!

Thankfully there are some great maintainers on the threads that give me motivation and I just saw a friend from a neighboring town who has maintained her 80 pound IP loss for over a year now.

Vent is over!

RosiePosie101
02-08-2014, 12:11 AM
I just did a friend a favour and picked up her daughters dog to 'dog sit' for a few hours. When she came to pick the dog up I was talking about my new clothes on the white furniture and she said 'you have lost weight, your not going to yoyo back are you?'

She's not the type to be rude so either she was just being an air head or she's been listening to people talk. I'm going to go with the air head theory! I don't know why it bugged me so much.. maybe I'm just tired. Thanks to a lot of previous comments on 3FC's I think I handled it ok.

I said 'I sure hope not!, I don't imagine your daughter plans on gaining her weight back'(her daughter has lost weight and is looking good) To which she replied, 'oh no, she's worked so hard at it.' (and I haven't???) That's as polite as I could be cause I was tempted to ask her why she would say something so rude! But I held my tongue!!

Thankfully there are some great maintainers on the threads that give me motivation and I just saw a friend from a neighboring town who has maintained her 80 pound IP loss for over a year now.

Vent is over!

Award of the week for holding their tongue has to go to you! Not sure how you did it and of course there are plenty of good replies you can think of afterwards. It boggles the mind how some people can be so tactless.

Hiker88
02-08-2014, 09:10 AM
Award of the week for holding their tongue has to go to you! Not sure how you did it and of course there are plenty of good replies you can think of afterwards. It boggles the mind how some people can be so tactless.

Its all good... I had a good nights sleep and don't really care now.... amazing what sleep will do for a person! I hit the 170's today so that makes me happy! Can't figure out the new home page so made a new ticker from a website.

A lady from work has lost weight and has offered for me to go through her summer clothes this weekend. I haven't even thought about what I'm going to wear in Maui so I hope something fits me as I hate shopping! Not to mention I don't want to spend more money!! LOL!

Ruth Ann
02-08-2014, 09:19 AM
Good morning!

Wow - lots of great determination and willpower going on! Super proud of everyone for staying 100%!

Lisa good luck with the doc!

Hiker some people are just totally oblivious aren't they? And congrats on the 170s! And I like the new ticker.

Could not get warm yesterday. Drank tons of hot tea and put on my flannel jammies when I got home and finally warmed up. My sister bought me the jammies for Christmas - she said she bought them in October hoping I'd lose enough to wear them by December and then was worried in December that they'd be too big! They'll work for this winter, even if they are pretty baggy.

Hiker88
02-08-2014, 09:29 AM
Lisa I know it must be frustrating but I bet you're happy that you're down 95 pounds and have kept it off for a significant amount of time! You are a great resource on this forum and we appreciate your contribution!

Although you want to go that last few pounds.... please enjoy where you are and how great you look right now!

lisa32989
02-08-2014, 09:47 AM
Lisa I know it must be frustrating but I bet you're happy that you're down 95 pounds and have kept it off for a significant amount of time! You are a great resource on this forum and we appreciate your contribution

Although you want to go that last few pounds.... please enjoy where you are and how great you look right now!

15-20 lbs is more than a "few" but thank you. I want to be in normal weight range but my new focus is to accept things as they are right now and to quit fighting it. I keep going up ~5 & back down 5 but not below 165 (not even to the 162 I saw before). 150 would put me barely into normal BMI. I know BMI can be inaccurate for folks with lots of muscle mass but that surely isn't me.

Step 1 in acceptance is to go back to daily weighing and work on my acceptance of that number every day. If course, the last 2 days it has gone down, which is easier but it will be a daily practice.

I did my saved wii fit yoga routine yesterday and am amazed at how much easier it was than just a few month ago. I'm stronger and have better balance. The gym and PT exercises are working! I'm going to a yoga class at my gym this am. I have to choose the ones that aren't quite as hard. :dizzy:

Ruth Ann
02-08-2014, 10:25 AM
Lisa - you have such a great attitude and I learn so much about acceptance from you. Thank you!

I just moved from "obese" to "overweight" on the BMI charts - which is great but all the ones I looked at show I need to be about 135 lbs to get into "normal". I try not to focus on those numbers and keep doing what I'm doing.

After being heavy for the majority of my adult life (I think the last time I weighed less than 150 was when I was in the military), I'm trying hard to pay attention to how I feel rather than focusing on numbers. PT is really helping my strength and reducing the pain and I am starting to be able to do some more aggressive exercises (actually used 5 lbs weights for an exercise last week!).

I really hope you are able to pinpoint where the problem is - frustrating to be doing everything right and still be having issues. But I have no doubt you'll get to where you want to be, if anyone can do it you can! :hug:

65X65
02-08-2014, 10:36 AM
Agreement on the contributions here from Lisa. And her willingness to share the hard stuff. Her personal journey has been very difficult, but her willingness to keep looking is an inspiration and a lesson for everyone else. :hug:

vachinyc
02-08-2014, 11:12 AM
I am grateful for all three of you -- 65, RuthAnn, and Lisa. You've all been so open about the ups and downs and the hard truths.
Every time I get super frustrated with the diet, or the 'why me' or the scale... I think ....what would 65/RuthAnn/Lisa say?
Usually my brain says they'd say to quit over-thinking things, trust the diet, follow the sheets, plan ahead and keep moving forward. And that's what I try to do.
Thank you all...and others who share so much. Some days I need reminding that I am not alone in my struggle.:hug:

65X65
02-08-2014, 11:24 AM
I am grateful for all three of you -- 65, RuthAnn, and Lisa. You've all been so open about the ups and downs and the hard truths.
Every time I get super frustrated with the diet, or the 'why me' or the scale... I think ....what would 65/RuthAnn/Lisa say?
Usually my brain says they'd say to quit over-thinking things, trust the diet, follow the sheets, plan ahead and keep moving forward. And that's what I try to do.
Thank you all...and others who share so much. Some days I need reminding that I am not alone in my struggle.:hug:

:hug: And your participation (yours AND everyone's) reminds us all..it's not easy...

No two journeys are exactly the same...and there is always someone else feeling just how YOU feel at any point along the way!

Slipfree
02-08-2014, 11:31 AM
65, you are exactly right. It is very comforting to know that someone else is experiencing the same joys and struggles and that you are not alone. This path would feel very lonely without all of you.

lisa32989
02-08-2014, 12:32 PM
I know if I felt alone I'd have quit by now. Instead, I've gotten a taste of learning to maintain. If my doc says my body needs a longer p1 break, I'll have to accept that and accept the weight where I am right now.

My word now is acceptance. In yoga class today we had to find an intention for our practice. I had already come in with acceptance on my mind so I put it in my practice. Glad I did! Some of today's moves were pretty intimidating but 6 months ago would have been overwhelming and I'd have left in tears. Accepting the changes today.

65X65
02-08-2014, 01:10 PM
I know if I felt alone I'd have quit by now. Instead, I've gotten a taste of learning to maintain. If my doc says my body needs a longer p1 break, I'll have to accept that and accept the weight where I am right now.

My word now is acceptance. In yoga class today we had to find an intention for our practice. I had already come in with acceptance on my mind so I put it in my practice. Glad I did! Some of today's moves were pretty intimidating but 6 months ago would have been overwhelming and I'd have left in tears. Accepting the changes today.

Often we don't need talked off the proverbial ledge. Not what this is often about. Sometimes we just want/need someone to sit there with us for a while....:kickcan:

Ruth Ann
02-08-2014, 03:19 PM
Lisa - you are an amazing woman! It's rare that you find someone who accepts what is with such grace. You've helped and motivated so many here, I'm so glad that you find strength in other posters to help you.

I'm hoping for the best for you - that whatever is going on turns out to be easy to fix and you continue down the road to lifelong wellness.

Remember, we're all rooting for you!

Bellamack
02-08-2014, 03:42 PM
Often we don't need talked off the proverbial ledge. Not what this is often about. Sometimes we just want/need someone to sit there with us for a while....:kickcan:

Amen to that 65X65!

I want to play devils advocate about rebounding or gaining back. So many times I have said that I won't go back, but I have. My first round of IP in 2011, I swore (spent lots of $$) I wouldn't put it back on, but I did. I just want those who are losing to know, the hardest part is "maintaining', it is not a given, it is on-going. I am not saying this to be negative, just a reality check that at the end of losing, it is the beginning of maintaining, which is a "lifetime" commitment. Stay strong, move forward & come here often for strength.

Hawaii69
02-08-2014, 04:04 PM
Amen to that 65X65!

I want to play devils advocate about rebounding or gaining back. So many times I have said that I won't go back, but I have. My first round of IP in 2011, I swore (spent lots of $$) I wouldn't put it back on, but I did. I just want those who are losing to know, the hardest part is "maintaining', it is not a given, it is on-going. I am not saying this to be negative, just a reality check that at the end of losing, it is the beginning of maintaining, which is a "lifetime" commitment. Stay strong, move forward & come here often for strength.

I agree! Today we went to a restaurant where I didn't think I could order anything but did manage to get a grilled piece of chicken and garden salad. But, I was sitting there thinking, whether I'm losing or maintaining, I'm going to be making decisions like this for life, most of the time. I'm working on getting into the maintenance mind set. Its not going to be easy but when you read of others success and determination, struggles, it does help to keep going!

Slipfree
02-08-2014, 04:24 PM
Bellamack, after a lifetime of yo-yo dieting, I know that you are right! Thankfully I have the added incentive of maintaining because my niece is getting married in 1.5 years. There is no way that I am going to be fat in those family pictures! Lots of time to work maintenance once I reach goal.

IPMaryD
02-08-2014, 05:15 PM
I have hesitated to post in this group because I wanted to be sure I could follow the diet for real-- almost 3 weeks and no cheats-- so I feel worthy! Thanks to you all for sharing-- your success (although at times I think you may forget how successful you are!) is very motivating.

lisa32989
02-08-2014, 05:48 PM

When we get to goal, we all need to remember: Now starts the hard part.
It is SOOO easy to go back to old ways & to "lighten up" on planning and decision making when no longer on a strict plan. And that is how the weight comes back on. I've been following the maintenance thread for at least a year. Want to learn from the maintainers!

I have hesitated to post in this group because I wanted to be sure I could follow the diet for real-- almost 3 weeks and no cheats-- so I feel worthy! Thanks to you all for sharing-- your success (although at times I think you may forget how successful you are!) is very motivating.
I completely understand. I didn't allow myself to post here for a month b/c I didn't trust myself to stay OP. Congrats on your 3 weeks. Definitely worthy!

lisa32989
02-08-2014, 05:54 PM
The biggest reason I like this thread is because it is a place I can come and NOT hear about cheats of any kind. If people have struggled, they share in other threads. This one is all-OP-all-the-time. It is a place I don't have to hear about off-plan eating/drinking.

Hiker88
02-08-2014, 07:04 PM
I have a card party tonight... lots of eating appies between games. I'll bring a perrier water and a choc shake. I'll enjoy a decaf mocha and of course I offered to bring a vegi platter! Should be fun and as always... focus on the visiting and fun instead of the food!

I'm learning!!

Ruth Ann
02-08-2014, 10:29 PM
Bellamack Thank you for the reminder that this is only the beginning and there's more hard work ahead. Fortunately, I think I'm getting the tools to be able to maintain right now.

IPMaryD Welcome and congrats on staying 100%!

Lisa I'm with you - I know how to cheat, I want to learn how to NOT cheat. This thread is like my "safety zone" where everyone is really committed to staying 100%.

Hiker enjoy the party! You're doing great!

Booked a hotel at the beach for our upcoming anniversary the end of this month. Too cold to be out on the beach much but I need something really pretty for one night and some "anniversary wear." Off shopping next weekend!

Ruth Ann
02-09-2014, 08:42 PM
Quiet in here today.

Woke up this morning to a couple of inches of snow - weather people said it would be warming up this afternoon and changing to rain but I don't see that happening yet.

I really wish MFP had a way to let you print out a full week's menu. I like to log a week in advance and it sure would be able to print them out on one sheet rather than day by day. Oh well.

jendilly
02-09-2014, 08:57 PM
We got about 3 inches of snow last night (I think I'm near you, though). It's been melting off through the day, with about an inch or so left. The roads are all bare and wet.

I've had the Olympics on all day (sure missing football and our SEAHAWKS!!) and have had a very quiet house. Kids all out playing with friends, husband just now getting home from a youth group winter retreat. I haven't even figured out dinner yet.

I've drank several cups of decaf herbal tea today, trying to stay warm. My earlier cravings for chocolate have totally subsided. Need to plan out my meals for the week and make my grocery list for tomorrow.

I love experimenting with the packets and want to try to bake a few new things this week. When it's cold and snowy, I get in the mood to bake sweet things...why not make them IP things that are totally on plan? I'm finding that when I see a recipe I want to try, I don't have that packet here of course, so I may make a recipe list and then get those packets this week. Just hard to find something that sounds so good, and then realize you can't make it until your next appt on Thursday. Can't just run to the store for it.

Hawaii69
02-09-2014, 11:04 PM
No snow but very cold here! Wondering if that's why I've been feeling hungry. Drinking a huge cup of herb tea, seems to help! And helps to keep me warm! Lol

Ruth Ann
02-09-2014, 11:07 PM
I've managed to build up quite a variety of packets in the last few months, so I can usually find one that will work. I'm trying to eat down my inventory right now - bet my coach will be happy when I go back to buying more packets! Actually, she is awesome and totally understands.

jendilly
02-09-2014, 11:44 PM
How have you built up the inventory? I mean, did you buy a bunch to stock up, or what? My old coach let me buy individual packets, so I basically got 21 packets each week. Then, she would throw a few "extras" in there as freebies when she wanted me to try something. So, I have about 4 or 5 extras. Now, the coach I have isn't too thrilled on the individual packets and I think I'll end up buying boxes. She says she may still be okay with it, but I doubt it'll last long. I thought about buying 6 boxes (if I have to go that route) so that I don't just have the same 3 things to eat all week long. So, buy 2 weeks at a time.

I just sometimes want one of the chocolate recipes that calls for the chocolate drink. I haven't bought those yet...and I don't want to buy 7 of them. I suppose if I do get a box, then I'll just have them for future baking times. Part of me wants to just go buy a box of everything that I like, then I'll have a stocked IP pantry with tons of options. I just don't think the bank account will appreciate that. :) Maybe when the tax refund comes.

Sorry to ramble...just trying to figure out the best way to go about this, if indeed I have to go to buying full boxes. Maybe I'll gradually build it up.

Ruth Ann
02-09-2014, 11:50 PM
I actually just bought 2 or 3 extra packets a week for a long time so I would be able to switch things up if I wanted and also for my "stashes." I keep extra packets in my purse, in my work bag, in my car, in dh's car, etc. so I'm never caught without.

I've also bought extras from people here - either they ended up with stuff they didn't like, people who have quit IP for one reason or another, etc. Just picking up a few extra packets here and there. I now have my own shelf in the pantry and organized in bread baskets. I wish I had as much organization in other parts in my life as I do with my IP food!

Hiker88
02-10-2014, 12:20 AM
I actually just bought 2 or 3 extra packets a week for a long time so I would be able to switch things up if I wanted and also for my "stashes." I keep extra packets in my purse, in my work bag, in my car, in dh's car, etc. so I'm never caught without.

I've also bought extras from people here - either they ended up with stuff they didn't like, people who have quit IP for one reason or another, etc. Just picking up a few extra packets here and there. I now have my own shelf in the pantry and organized in bread baskets. I wish I had as much organization in other parts in my life as I do with my IP food!

I'm in the same boat. I bought some stuff from a lady going off IP and then I bought large amounts from my coach when I first started so I would have a variety (my coach lets me buy individual packets) now I have some soup etc.. that I just don't eat and considering the expense, I really have to start eating some of my inventory down or I'll be stuck eating the less desirable packets for a solid month straight! I'd better start a plan to consume these packets before I get too close to phasing out.

Ruth Ann
02-10-2014, 12:28 AM
You know, I think there was a packet exchange thread at one time - might work to trade out some stuff you don't like for stuff you do if your clinic won't take things back.

jendilly
02-10-2014, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the info. I'll try to start building up as I go. I like the idea of having a "stash" in other places. I'm hoping I can get away with doing the ind. packets still. They do let you trade in ones you don't like, so there's always a bin of those at the clinic. Just most are ones I don't like either. :) Just trying to make it simple, yet have plenty of variety at home so when I see a recipe I want to try, I have the packet. I'm finding that my breakfasts are the same two things, and my lunch doesn't vary too much either. I usually have the same soup. But it's the snacks. Sometimes I want sweet, other time it's salty. And I like to have some bars on hand. I'll start building over the next few weeks.

Hiker88
02-10-2014, 12:37 AM
Although there isn't a clinic in my home town.. I know a few people who are doing IP long distance like me so maybe I can check to see if they want to exchange a few things..

Oh and the stashing has totally saved me a few times. I regularly drive to a neighboring town for work and this week I was so busy I totally forgot to bring any packets. Thankfully I always have a couple kicking around in my vehicle... what a relief when I realized I forgot to bring the days provisions but knew I had an emergency stash in the glove compartment.

IdealProteinNewbie
02-10-2014, 08:27 AM
Hiker: Great progress pics!

Newbierm
02-10-2014, 08:39 AM
Hiker do you have a clinic that you can order things online?

65X65
02-10-2014, 08:57 AM
Although there isn't a clinic in my home town.. I know a few people who are doing IP long distance like me so maybe I can check to see if they want to exchange a few things..

Oh and the stashing has totally saved me a few times. I regularly drive to a neighboring town for work and this week I was so busy I totally forgot to bring any packets. Thankfully I always have a couple kicking around in my vehicle... what a relief when I realized I forgot to bring the days provisions but knew I had an emergency stash in the glove compartment.
You look great!!!

Ruth Ann
02-10-2014, 09:06 AM

Me too Hiker! We went to a ballgame once and someone left my dill pickle zippers on the counter - I was very happy to discover a fruit drink packet in the "game bag." I don't remember putting it there, but really glad I did!

Your progress photos are awesome! You look great!

Hiker88
02-10-2014, 11:08 AM
Hiker do you have a clinic that you can order things online?

You look great!!!

Me too Hiker! We went to a ballgame once and someone left my dill pickle zippers on the counter - I was very happy to discover a fruit drink packet in the "game bag." I don't remember putting it there, but really glad I did!

Your progress photos are awesome! You look great!

Thanks everyone... I don't quite believe how heavy I am in the before picture but don't quite believe that's me in the progress picture! It takes awhile for the brain to catch up!

Newbie, No I don't order online, there is no clinic in my home town and when I tried to join in a neighboring city, the lady wasn't very knowledgeable and had poor customer service skills so I called a friend who is an IP rep (lives far away) and she agreed to take me on. She ships my food via greyhound every month. I also weigh in and measure on Tuesdays, text her my data and then we have a telephone appointment every Wednesday. She's very supportive and an excellent coach so it works well for me.

ColoradoCarol
02-10-2014, 11:34 AM
Thanks everyone... I don't quite believe how heavy I am in the before picture but don't quite believe that's me in the progress picture! It takes awhile for the brain to catch up!

Newbie, No I don't order online, there is no clinic in my home town and when I tried to join in a neighboring city, the lady wasn't very knowledgeable and had poor customer service skills so I called a friend who is an IP rep (lives far away) and she agreed to take me on. She ships my food via greyhound every month. I also weigh in and measure on Tuesdays, text her my data and then we have a telephone appointment every Wednesday. She's very supportive and an excellent coach so it works well for me.

That is a great set up and it looks like it has been working for you. Great progress.

65X65
02-10-2014, 03:09 PM
This place offers an awesome collection of thoughts and strength....newbies...you should lurk here for a while...really.

Welcome:welcome3:

65X65
02-10-2014, 03:13 PM

Bellamack.....You offer a voice of truthfulness and experience here. Cherished honesty.

Ruth Ann
02-10-2014, 03:17 PM
:hug: for 65 just for being you!

65X65
02-10-2014, 03:35 PM
:hug: for 65 just for being you!

Thank-you Ruth Ann..we can only save ourselves when all is said and done...

But ...when we are finding ourselves getting a little lost in the weeds, the hug of a friend from the opposite side of the country...(no less!!!) is a beautiful thing!

BTW...did you folks get some of that NW ice these last few days?? UGH!! there were almost 50,000 homes outside of Philadelphia still without power this morning from the ice storm last Tuesday...(the one which knocked our power out.) It's freakin' cold here!! Unbelievable how many had to go to shelters...

Hope you are warm..and mother nature spared the electricity!

Is it spring anywhere yet? Someone told me they saw a robin last week...I think the poor bird must have been dressed in a mardi gras costume....

ems70508
02-10-2014, 03:41 PM
HIKER! wow! great pics! we started around the same time and you've gone ahead and passed me up! congrats!!!

lisa32989
02-10-2014, 03:44 PM

But ...when we are finding ourselves getting a little lost in the weeds, the hug of a friend from the opposite side of the country...(no less!!!) is a beautiful thing!

BTW...did you folks get some of that NW ice these last few days?? UGH!! there were almost 50,000 homes outside of Philadelphia still without power this morning from the ice storm last Tuesday...(the one which knocked our power out.) It's freakin' cold here!! Unbelievable how many had to go to shelters...

Is it spring anywhere yet? Someone told me they saw a robin last week...I think the poor bird must have been dressed in a mardi gras costume....
Ha! The conversations I've seen today made me think "you can't save people from themselves" or "you can't help folks who really don't want help" and then you write this!
:hug:

I've said over & over that I help so much because I believe I must "give it away" to keep it. An recent experience reminded me I don't have to share my time and energy with everyone to "give it away".

Ruth Ann
02-10-2014, 03:58 PM

You are absolutely right! (as usual!)

We got snow Saturday but only a couple of inches and then it turned to rain and is almost gone. We're staying in the 40s - too cold in my opinion but not near as bad as other places so I will not complain!

65X65
02-10-2014, 04:01 PM
Ha! The conversations I've seen today made me think "you can't save people from themselves" or "you can't help folks who really don't want help" and then you write this!

I've said over & over that I help so much because I believe I must "give it away" to keep it. An recent experience reminded me I don't have to share my time and energy with everyone to "give it away".

I agree Lisa..So grateful for the support...excellent advice and caring of strangers last year at this time. I SO remember trying to figure out how to do all the family birthdays, travel and our anniversary last Feb...
And your words of wisdom pulled me into line...:kickbutt:

1. Plan...failure to plan is planning to fail
2. Stay the course.

There will always be another dinner, holiday, picnic, birthday...etc...

.....and here it is. Anniversary time for us again on Friday. (44)

I've come so far in a year..... you are a pillar to many of us... advice and wisdom...giving the gift of time to strangers and my hero. :thanks:

65X65
02-10-2014, 04:06 PM
You are absolutely right! (as usual!)

We got snow Saturday but only a couple of inches and then it turned to rain and is almost gone. We're staying in the 40s - too cold in my opinion but not near as bad as other places so I will not complain!

We still have ice from last week and it has snowed 2 or 3 more times...I forget now. More is coming on Thursday.

My husband had to do the driveway at 4:30 this AM...he had a teleconf. call at work at 7 AM EST with someone in the Philippines..who was most late getting home for dinner I suppose! And he took my 4 wheel drive again....

I'm quite the housewife these days....

Ruth Ann
02-10-2014, 04:11 PM

Well, 65 stole all the good words so I'll just say "yeah, what she said!"

And Lisa, you get a great big :hug: too!

Ruth Ann
02-10-2014, 04:13 PM
We still have ice from last week and it has snowed 2 or 3 more times...I forget now. More is coming on Thursday.

My husband had to do the driveway at 4:30 this AM...he had a teleconf. call at work at 7 AM EST with someone in the Philippines..who was most late getting home for dinner I suppose! And he took my 4 wheel drive again....

I'm quite the housewife these days....

I remember the big snows we used to get when I lived in D.C. - shoveling snow at 4:30 a.m. is NOT FUN!

Hope you stay warm and dry and your electric stays on!

Tigerlvr52
02-10-2014, 04:27 PM
I struggled this weekend with my inner craving demons and I had to step away a few times. My MIL brought over cookies for my DH and we have not had anything like that in the house for 5 weeks...... They sat on bar top on my counter and I stared at them while she was visiting the baby. About an hour after she got there I had to interrupt DH and his mom and tell him that I needed to leave the room and have him take the offending items to our car and take them to work today. I could not have them in my house. Even then I woke up early 2 am this morning knowing where they were at. I knew just knew that it was being thirsty and sweaty that was causing this. I drank a bit of water and got back into bed. That was tough...but I had to make it through. Today is a new day, and even though I know I will run into things like that again I just have to be stronger than my past self. When I know there will be foods I can't have I am all good, I am able to be mentally prepared, but being blind sided like that really tested my endurance.

65X65
02-10-2014, 04:34 PM
I struggled this weekend with my inner craving demons and I had to step away a few times. My MIL brought over cookies for my DH and we have not had anything like that in the house for 5 weeks...... They sat on bar top on my counter and I stared at them while she was visiting the baby. About an hour after she got there I had to interrupt DH and his mom and tell him that I needed to leave the room and have him take the offending items to our car and take them to work today. I could not have them in my house. Even then I woke up early 2 am this morning knowing where they were at. I knew just knew that it was being thirsty and sweaty that was causing this. I drank a bit of water and got back into bed. That was tough...but I had to make it through. Today is a new day, and even though I know I will run into things like that again I just have to be stronger than my past self. When I know there will be foods I can't have I am all good, I am able to be mentally prepared, but being blind sided like that really tested my endurance.

It will never be "easy"...but I and others can tell you it gets easier...the longer stretch of compliance you have behind you...the easier the road in front gets. You are doing great...Hang in there. You will figure it out. Treat yourself to some non food thing......you definitely deserve it. Fresh carnations for the VERY counter where the cookies were...yep...that's what you deserve...flowers mark the spot!!!...The crime that did not happen!!!:congrat::dust:

dak1lls
02-10-2014, 04:58 PM
Sometime during the night we hit a new record low or close to it, according to our local weatherman! It sounds as though we are all sick of winter. However, tomorrow is forecast to be 40 above! Hallelujah!

It sounds as though there have been some thought provoking posts lately. To be sure weight loss and weight gain issues are a sensitive topic. We all approach this journey from our own perspectives and life experiences. This is quite individual and we all face different challenges along the way.

On the topic of cheating: I think I have been quite fortunate to have been able to make it to my goal without cheating. I'm not sure why that is. It certainly isn't always easy. Quite the contrary. I do think part of it is the point I was at when I started. I was just so "done" with being overweight and sick and unhappy. I set a goal and determined I just could not deviate at all, or it would be a big time slide down that slippery slope to failing yet again. I simply had determined I had no choice but 100% compliance.

Recently my sister asked for help in starting IP and I promised her I would help in any way I could. I provided her with the phase sheets, recipe tips, alternative product info, etc. I explained that she would need to be 100% compliant. My DH told me she would never stick to it and I was wasting my time. She rarely asked questions and continually did not follow the guidelines for alts or eat all her protein. She still worked out aggressively and did not adjust with more protein. Well, sure enough, she did not stick with it for more than 1 week. She had many excuses, but ultimately, as I told her from the beginning...if you can't be 100% it is not the diet for you. Know that...right up front...before you start. I learned that I could not do it for her and she must be the one holding herself accountable. I would not be deterred from helping her again if she asked. I just think she has the type of personality that IP is not the diet for her, sadly.

I am not judging anyone who is less than 100% at following the IP P1 protocol. And with any diet, by reducing calories, you can lose weight. It just seems to me that IP is so different from other diets I have been on. A big part of it is learning to "change" how I look at food. If I allowed myself little cheats along the way I really don't think I would have analyzed my relationship with food and I would be doomed to repeat my past failures. I started IP to lose weight, but ended up learning a lot. Go figure!

65X65
02-10-2014, 05:10 PM
Sometime during the night we hit a new record low or close to it, according to our local weatherman! It sounds as though we are all sick of winter. However, tomorrow is forecast to be 40 above! Hallelujah!

It sounds as though there have been some thought provoking posts lately. To be sure weight loss and weight gain issues are a sensitive topic. We all approach this journey from our own perspectives and life experiences. This is quite individual and we all face different challenges along the way.

On the topic of cheating: I think I have been quite fortunate to have been able to make it to my goal without cheating. I'm not sure why that is. It certainly isn't always easy. Quite the contrary. I do think part of it is the point I was at when I started. I was just so "done" with being overweight and sick and unhappy. I set a goal and determined I just could not deviate at all, or it would be a big time slide down that slippery slope to failing yet again. I simply had determined I had no choice but 100% compliance.

Recently my sister asked for help in starting IP and I promised her I would help in any way I could. I provided her with the phase sheets, recipe tips, alternative product info, etc. I explained that she would need to be 100% compliant. My DH told me she would never stick to it and I was wasting my time. She rarely asked questions and continually did not follow the guidelines for alts or eat all her protein. She still worked out aggressively and did not adjust with more protein. Well, sure enough, she did not stick with it for more than 1 week. She had many excuses, but ultimately, as I told her from the beginning...if you can't be 100% it is not the diet for you. Know that...right up front...before you start. I learned that I could not do it for her and she must be the one holding herself accountable. I would not be deterred from helping her again if she asked. I just think she has the type of personality that IP is not the diet for her, sadly.

I am not judging anyone who is less than 100% at following the IP P1 protocol. And with any diet, by reducing calories, you can lose weight. It just seems to me that IP is so different from other diets I have been on. A big part of it is learning to "change" how I look at food. If I allowed myself little cheats along the way I really don't think I would have analyzed my relationship with food and I would be doomed to repeat my past failures. I started IP to lose weight, but ended up learning a lot. Go figure!

Well said Dak...this diet is not for everyone...and the inability to commit is something that should no be considered lightly, and this process not be entered casually. There are other diets that will be more forgiving. And for some will eventually work. Not so fast maybe, but going off plan is not going to speed things up...that's for sure!! I am not judging anyone who can not stick to it...but when there is so much posting about straying...it does give newbies the idea there is some flexibility in the process. We mostly know...that does not usually work out long term. I'd say "ask how that worked out" for most of the folks trying that...but most of the posts we read from folks who strayed when it was not easy or convenient, are old resurrected ones, or if they are new postings, they duck back in to say ...."I'm in 100% THIS TIME. "

The other EXCELLENT point you make is being "tired of being overweight". I felt desperation...and have seen that used by others to describe their state of mind when starting. Someone trying this, who has has NOT tried long or hard to do this...will usually find it is more than they want to do. Is hopeful it is like any other process.

It is not though...alas...it is not!!!

And lastly you are a stellar example of the commitment...success... and beautiful results!! You look soo wonderful!!

Ruth Ann
02-10-2014, 05:26 PM
Yeah you Tigerlvr - way to show those cookies that you're the boss!

Seriously, you did great. It's not easy staying 100%. It does get easier, but it's weird how some things just totally throw you.

dak1lls
02-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Very proud of you! My experience has shown that my determination grows the longer I am on IP in regards to temptation. I devise more and different approaches to it, but I do know what it is like when it calls out in the middle of the night!

Despite having been raised in a very conservative and monetarily tight household where food is never wasted (we will save the dangers of that for a later date), I have learned and practiced throwing food out. The garbage disposal is the BEST place because even I will not put my hand in there to take it back! I have a single friend I give it to if it is nice baked goods. I have even nicely wrapped up untouched food and taken it to an old veteran who sits outside my grocery store. I have fed squirrels yummy baked stuff.

It is just part of a new way of life for us IP'ers. New strategies, new thoughts, new actions, NEW BODY!

Something that is so strange to me is that once I hit maintenance and knew I could have "treats", etc...I didn't want them. For one thing, my taste buds had changed and I no longer liked the taste of some of my former favorite treats. I guess that showed me how much of a "mental" game this can be. Things were so much more tempting when I couldn't have them. lol.

Congrats to you schenectady on finding new ways to meet all these new challenges. WTG! :carrot:

Tiger: one of my favorite foods has always been wedding cake. OK, to call it food is pushing it! I loved wedding cake so much that I asked for my own little wedding cake as a Christmas present one year. Everyone in my family knew how much I loved wedding cake and it is a common joke that I would be a wedding crasher just for the cake! So, very early on when I started IP we attended a family wedding. I will not describe the cake that was served, but it was my absolute favorite. I decided to eat before the wedding so I wouldn't be hungry at the reception. When they cut the cake I did not go up to the cake table for a piece. And when others asked, "aren't you having cake?" I politely said I was full from dinner. Then, suddenly, someone came around and placed plates of cake in front of anyone who didn't have one! You know, the kind old church ladies helping at the reception and being so thoughtful. lol. My DH noticed and quickly snatched my plate up and said "I love wedding cake, and ate it himself!" ha ha. There is only so much a person can do sometimes, and you just keep getting tempted. It does get easier, and sometimes we just have to figure out new coping techniques. Great job getting rid of the temptation. If you give in you will be left feeling so disappointed in yourself. If you hold strong you will be left with a sense of accomplishment, and that is so much longer lasting. :hug:

65 thanks for your kind compliment!

ems70508
02-10-2014, 05:41 PM

So proud! It just makes you feel so powerful to overcome those cravings, right?! My mom is heading to California today and obviously had to pick up 3 different king cakes to take with her. Well, she bought an extra one for our Sunday Family Dinner. It was my favorite. I have no desire to eat it right now. I tell myself that in a year or two I will be able to enjoy a piece. Then i fuss at myself and say..."no, you'll never eat king cake again! It's why you're here!" But then I tell myself..."I can't deny everything for forever, I may explode...one day you can enjoy in small amounts"

...and that's my mind for ya. battling itself...always...i'm sure most of you are the same!!!

ems70508
02-10-2014, 05:56 PM
The battling never seems to go away. Some days, it does not seem so hard and other days I feel as if I am fighting an entire battalion of cheats floating in front of me!

One of the things that has helped me is visualization. When I got through several months, I saw a picture of me at my biggest weight and I realized what a huge body I had. I was in some pretty good denial, about 100 pounds worth. That image of my broad body never left me and I pull it out to my mind whenever I am tempted. Never want to be that way again.

Then I try to visualize myself in a smaller outfit and smaller body. That is a great deal harder because I really, truly don't know what I look like smaller. If I never had a real good image of what I was like at nearly 300, I will have to practice to think of it in a real light.

What is helping with the cravings is regular trying on of "new" clothes and staring at my image in the full length mirror. Yesterday, it was a pair of size 16 long black dress pants with high heeled boots. Wowsa!

ain't that the truth. I went to my dermatologist this AM to talk about skin treatment. They have some 'laser skin firming' treatment. She took a look at my belly and suggested a tummy tuck. Honestly I didn't think I needed one but I'll wait it out. Got to give your body time to adjust. I keep telling myself that my skin is my biggest organ and we have to let it catch up!

At first I thought I would be sad to hear that a tummy tuck would be my solution but it actually made me happy to think I've lost that much weight! And you're so right...I look at before pictures all the time and chant to myself to never go back there!

Ruth Ann
02-10-2014, 05:59 PM
so much insight and wisdom today! You guys are awesome!

I knew when I started that I had to do it 100% or not at all. I was so sick of being fat, tired, in pain and not having any fun that if someone had told me I could lose weight eating mud pies I might have tried it. Fortunately, it did not come to that. :D It's not always easy and I have sometimes thrown tantrums, but every time I get down on myself I remind myself of how far I've come in so short a time. And then I come read all the wonderful posts by people who understand exactly where I coming from and I get even more motivated.

Lastly, right now I remember that I'm going shopping this weekend for something to wow dh with for our anniversary getaway! ;)

dak1lls
02-10-2014, 06:01 PM
ain't that the truth. I went to my dermatologist this AM to talk about skin treatment. They have some 'laser skin firming' treatment. She took a look at my belly and suggested a tummy tuck. Honestly I didn't think I needed one but I'll wait it out. Got to give your body time to adjust. I keep telling myself that my skin is my biggest organ and we have to let it catch up!

At first I thought I would be sad to hear that a tummy tuck would be my solution but it actually made me happy to think I've lost that much weight! And you're so right...I look at before pictures all the time and chant to myself to never go back there!

This made me smile. I have been thinking of going to see someone about skin firming treatments as well. I have been thinking a tummy tuck is needed, but also agree a person should wait and give it some time to adjust. I love your ability to look at the bright side and put a positive spin on things Ems.

Ruth Ann
02-10-2014, 06:05 PM
OK, Ruth Ann, now I am amazed. I thought I was the only one around who has lived in "both" Washingtons! I grew up in the DC area, too! Where did you live? You probably lived around the corner or something really strange like that.....world is indeed small!

I was stationed there while I was in the military and was there for about 10 years schenectady starting in the late 70s. Lived part of the time at Andrews and part of it in Georgetown.

jendilly
02-10-2014, 06:13 PM
It will never be "easy"...but I and others can tell you it gets easier...the longer stretch of compliance you have behind you...the easier the road in front gets. You are doing great...Hang in there. You will figure it out. Treat yourself to some non food thing......you definitely deserve it. Fresh carnations for the VERY counter where the cookies were...yep...that's what you deserve...flowers mark the spot!!!...The crime that did not happen!!!:congrat::dust:

Absolutely love the wisdom and care in this. This thread is full of such amazing insight. I vowed from the very beginning to always be 100%. Thank you to ALL of you in here that provide the encouragement, knowledge, and motivation to keep us all going.

Slipfree
02-10-2014, 07:11 PM
I have been 100 % since the beginning, because I was desperate. I have been yo-yo dieting for most of my life. I had reached a point where I felt as though life was passing me by. I was almost invisible in society. I, had lost my sense of joy in life. Not everyone on IP has hit that point. Their life experiences are different and their use of food is individualized. I truly believe that food addiction and emotional eating are driven by the mind and the heart. When I see people struggling with cravings or slipping off program, most of the time- I feel compassion. I have been there. My hope for them is that they take the time to do the emotional work, so that food loses it's power.

I have learned that I have the power, to decide what goes into my mouth and how it serves my body. But, I always remember," There,but for the grace of God, go I."

All of you ladies have figured out your path. You provide kind guidance to those who follow, but sometime they have to find their own way.

jendilly
02-10-2014, 08:20 PM
I haven't mentioned it before, because I didn't know how everyone would feel about it. I'm currently reading a book called "Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst. It's about learning to satisfy your deepest desire with God and not food. I'm also doing an online bible study with it. There is a 60 day devotional that I will start when the study ends. It's already helped me grasp why I crave food and instead of going for the food, stopping and going to God. It's also helped me to remember that I am not defined by a number on the scale.

Some of my favorite points:

~ Becoming a woman of self-discipline honors God and helps me live the godly characteristic of self-control.

~Living in victory tastes sweeter than any unhealthy delicacy.

~Half-hearted efforts produce mediocre results.

~The numbers on the scale reflect how much our body weighs, not our worth

~Just because something is permissible, doesn't make it beneficial

and there are SO many more. Highly recommend it.

Hiker88
02-10-2014, 09:11 PM
Very proud of you! My experience has shown that my determination grows the longer I am on IP in regards to temptation. I devise more and different approaches to it, but I do know what it is like when it calls out in the middle of the night!

Despite having been raised in a very conservative and monetarily tight household where food is never wasted (we will save the dangers of that for a later date), I have learned and practiced throwing food out. The garbage disposal is the BEST place because even I will not put my hand in there to take it back! I have a single friend I give it to if it is nice baked goods. I have even nicely wrapped up untouched food and taken it to an old veteran who sits outside my grocery store. I have fed squirrels yummy baked stuff.

It is just part of a new way of life for us IP'ers. New strategies, new thoughts, new actions, NEW BODY!

I totally relate to this post! I had a very busy, social weekend and last night I had a group of friends over for an appetizer night. I sent all the food home with everyone and what they didn't take... I threw in the garbage... One of the girls that came over is on IP so I made us deviled eggs and a few other IP friendly bites (yes the trusty old vegi platter was there! LOL!) I'm not a wine drinker so it wasn't a big deal for everyone around me to have a glass.

dak1lls
02-10-2014, 09:48 PM
I have been 100 % since the beginning, because I was desperate. I have been yo-yo dieting for most of my life. I had reached a point where I felt as though life was passing me by. I was almost invisible in society. I, had lost my sense of joy in life. Not everyone on IP has hit that point. Their life experiences are different and their use of food is individualized. I truly believe that food addiction and emotional eating are driven by the mind and the heart. When I see people struggling with cravings or slipping off program, most of the time- I feel compassion. I have been there. My hope for them is that they take the time to do the emotional work, so that food loses it's power.

I have learned that I have the power, to decide what goes into my mouth and how it serves my body. But, I always remember," There,but for the grace of God, go I."

All of you ladies have figured out your path. You provide kind guidance to those who follow, but sometime they have to find their own way.

This is such a great view and so spot on. As it is true that it is a struggle that some may fail at, and I have failed many times in the past, it is also true that you can meet the challenge and be successful. While I have understanding for those who are not able to be 100% OP , I wish they would also be less negative and more understanding towards those of us who are succeeding at maintaining compliance to IP. After all, IP is not designed for us to not be 100%, therefore if the goal is NOT to maintain at that level, it is not "in fact" IP.

I have read several negative remarks that it is not possible and that those of us who say we are on plan are not being truthful or are not being realistic. Others say that they endure harsh emotional or other types of situations that have caused them to be off plan. It is hurtful to judge in either direction. I have maintained 100% during phase 1 through some very hard life events. My first public "outing" after starting was to attend my best friends funeral. There have been some significant ordeals in my family and I have continued to be compliant and did not cheat even once. This is not something I am bragging about. It is something I worked hard to do and it was not easy! I just find it hurtful that I am made to feel as though I expect perfection out of others by my pride in working so hard to meet this challenge.

If I offer advice to others I feel as though I have to preface everything with an apology or plead for compassion and understanding prior to offering any type of suggestions or advice. I LOVE when someone offers me support, in whatever form it takes, whether at times it is with "tough" love, whether it is by giving me tips on how they have handled a situation, or sometimes when it is an offer of a hug, and a "Hey, it gets better. I am proof! And you can do it to!"

I generally keep these thoughts to myself, but I feel strongly that this is a two way street and while we need to be compassionate we also need to be fair to one another.

Ruth Ann
02-10-2014, 10:10 PM
I can relate to so many of the posts today - so many heartfelt sentiments. I have realized through this journey that I am not alone in my feelings and my struggles to stay 100% is a shared struggle.

Every day I chose to stay OP is a victory for me - it would have been so easy to use events in my life as an excuse to go off plan, just like it was easy to excuse my eating before starting IP. I am learning to change my relationship with food and how I deal with hard times - not eating my feelings is so new for me and it takes practice.

So thanks to everyone for sharing so much and being here - having people who understand the changes needed and how to make them make these days so much brighter for me!

Hawaii69
02-10-2014, 10:13 PM
I can relate to so many of the posts today - so many heartfelt sentiments. I have realized through this journey that I am not alone in my feelings and my struggles to stay 100% is a shared struggle.

Every day I chose to stay OP is a victory for me - it would have been so easy to use events in my life as an excuse to go off plan, just like it was easy to excuse my eating before starting IP. I am learning to change my relationship with food and how I deal with hard times - not eating my feelings is so new for me and it takes practice.

So thanks to everyone for sharing so much and being here - having people who understand the changes needed and how to make them make these days so much brighter for me!

I agree! There have been many times that I 'needed' a glass of wine but didn't have it because I wanted to stay OP 100%! And it was tough believe me! But, am so glad that I decided that this was the way I chose to do this plan. Its definately worked great for me and I appreciate all the good advice from everyone!

Slipfree
02-10-2014, 10:22 PM
Dak, I completely understand your perspective. I have been very lucky on this site in that I have felt very supported in my quest to live at 100%(especially by the Oct. Newbies.) As much as this is a public support site, I think our journeys are very personal. How somebody else is living the IP journey, is up to them. They are adults, they know the protocol and however they are doing it- most are improving their health. I do not feel the need to have a black or white label. I do agree that we should all act with kind intention, no matter what. As much as I need the support that I get on this site, at the end of the day- this journey is all about ME.

Your journey has motivated me since the beginning. I admire that you have shared your heartbreaking personal experiences while on Phase 1. Also your honesty about maintenance has always seemed so humble. I think that tough love can be touchy, because sometimes people just stop coming to the site.

For me, so far, the plan has just clicked for me. This past month has been difficult because I have slowed way down in weight loss. So, I have adjusted my IP choices, am trying to switch things up with my vegetables and analyzed everything for hidden carbs. Using food to deal with my scale frustration seems crazy to me, it would just lead me back to invisibility and that is not an option.

I think the tough part of this conflict is that it started on the 90% thread. A place created to help them on their journey.

dak1lls
02-11-2014, 01:09 AM
Dak, I completely understand your perspective. I have been very lucky on this site in that I have felt very supported in my quest to live at 100%(especially by the Oct. Newbies.) As much as this is a public support site, I think our journeys are very personal. How somebody else is living the IP journey, is up to them. They are adults, they know the protocol and however they are doing it- most are improving their health. I do not feel the need to have a black or white label. I do agree that we should all act with kind intention, no matter what. As much as I need the support that I get on this site, at the end of the day- this journey is all about ME.

Your journey has motivated me since the beginning. I admire that you have shared your heartbreaking personal experiences while on Phase 1. Also your honesty about maintenance has always seemed so humble. I think that tough love can be touchy, because sometimes people just stop coming to the site.

For me, so far, the plan has just clicked for me. This past month has been difficult because I have slowed way down in weight loss. So, I have adjusted my IP choices, am trying to switch things up with my vegetables and analyzed everything for hidden carbs. Using food to deal with my scale frustration seems crazy to me, it would just lead me back to invisibility and that is not an option.

I think the tough part of this conflict is that it started on the 90% thread. A place created to help them on their journey.

Thank you so much for your post and thoughtful way of looking at things. It is definitely important that we all have a kind and supportive environment and you are so right that this helps us on our journey.

It is definitely a very sensitive topic for all of us! Tomorrow is another day.

Ruth Ann
02-11-2014, 10:28 AM
Thank you so much for your post and thoughtful way of looking at things. It is definitely important that we all have a kind and supportive environment and you are so right that this helps us on our journey.

It is definitely a very sensitive topic for all of us! Tomorrow is another day.

Dak, you always sum things up so nicely!

My motivational level for work is very low this week for some reason - I think the weather has something to do with it. I am so ready for Spring! I think not sleeping terribly well has a hand in it too. Oh well, Spring will be here soon enough - time always goes by!

Have a good morning everyone!

dak1lls
02-11-2014, 10:43 AM
Dak, you always sum things up so nicely!

My motivational level for work is very low this week for some reason - I think the weather has something to do with it. I am so ready for Spring! I think not sleeping terribly well has a hand in it too. Oh well, Spring will be here soon enough - time always goes by!

Have a good morning everyone!

Yes, I think most of us are suffering from Winter fatigue! It is supposed to be 40 degrees today. That is above zero! Yay!

Tigerlvr52
02-11-2014, 12:21 PM
Since my Adkins bar issue yesterday i didn't get to make my stuffed peppers last night and I was very much looking forward to it. Today is a new day and it's on plan for dinner tonight. Super excited and so is DH who is having a serving as well. He is getting closer and closer to saying yes to being OP with me. *he's afraid of the veggie quantity* but little does he know I have been hiding shredded zucchini in everything for the last few weeks and he has no idea.

dak1lls
02-11-2014, 01:07 PM
Since my Adkins bar issue yesterday i didn't get to make my stuffed peppers last night and I was very much looking forward to it. Today is a new day and it's on plan for dinner tonight. Super excited and so is DH who is having a serving as well. He is getting closer and closer to saying yes to being OP with me. *he's afraid of the veggie quantity* but little does he know I have been hiding shredded zucchini in everything for the last few weeks and he has no idea.

My DH doesn't generally know what I put in things. After I find out if he likes it I tell him, "by the way it has ______". :)

I love stuffed peppers and usually add cauli "rice" to mine. I don't remember if you posted a recipe, but you should try that if you haven't already. It is yummy.

I made a nice chuck roast with cabbage, onion, and mushrooms on Sunday. I wasn't feeling well so it is in the fridge. I think I will reheat that for dinner tonight. That will be an easy way to cook tonight!

Ruth Ann: I have to tell you that I really enjoy all your posts. You inspire me to keep at it and I just love seeing things through your eyes. Thanks for being so awesome!

65: I hope things warm up for you back East. I really miss the East coast. Some day I hope to take my DH back to NH so he can see some of the places where I grew up. I still have family there. I miss the ocean and the history of the area. I don't miss the winters! But, what am I saying?! Winters in ND aren't the best either. ha ha.

Tiger, btw...don't ever eat Fiber One bars if Atkins bars bother you. They will kill you! Before IP I made the mistake of having two in one day. I ate one for breakfast and another for lunch and thought I would die from the gas pains! Needless to say, it was awkward as well. :dizzy: (I know they aren't OP, but just a warning for when you are in maintenance!)

Ruth Ann
02-11-2014, 02:26 PM
Aw, thanks Dak!

I too love stuffed peppers. Hmm... wonder if the resident chef is feeling like cooking today.

JLUS
02-11-2014, 06:57 PM
Aw, thanks Dak!

I too love stuffed peppers. Hmm... wonder if the resident chef is feeling like cooking today.

If he is... Can you send him MY way?? 🍲

Staceyhay
02-11-2014, 07:04 PM

I would love to have your recipe for the stuffed peppers! They sound great. Quick question how do you add shredded zucchini to everything. I need help with this. Thanks.

Ruth Ann
02-12-2014, 12:05 AM
If he is... Can you send him MY way?? 🍲

LOL Jlus - he gets pretty creative sometimes! It's kind of nice having someone else doing the cooking sometimes and he's a genius with spices. Think I'll keep him.

Unfortunately, he had already blanched asparagus and set up my asparagus and mushroom omelet before I made the request but promised to do stuffed peppers soon.

Tigerlvr52
02-12-2014, 12:13 PM
I would love to have your recipe for the stuffed peppers! They sound great. Quick question how do you add shredded zucchini to everything. I need help with this. Thanks.

For my husband who hates all things green, I peal them and then shread them on a super fine grate almost makes them into a pulp. They go into every sauce, gravy, bread, cookie i make him.

Hawaii69
02-12-2014, 01:17 PM
Its another week and another 2 lbs gone! Yayy! Getting close to my goal and I can't believe how fast its been! It takes awhile for the brain to catch up where you are. I try on clothes that I think will fit and they are too big! I put on a skirt that I couldn't wear because it was so tight, now its just about falling off. I'm sure you can all relate, but each of us goes through it and its exciting. I honestly couldn't believe that skirt, I had to show my husband, I kept saying 'Can you believe this?'. Anyway, thats my thought for the day. The sun is shining after a day of snow so I am taking the sunshine in and enjoying it. Have a great day!

Ruth Ann
02-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Congrats Hawaii! Aren't too big clothes just a thrill?? I still have fun with that even though my sizes aren't dropping quite as fast as they were.

Tigerlvr52
02-12-2014, 04:43 PM
I have awesome co workers. I ran upstairs to where everyone is at ( my office is downstairs) and i saw pizza. I said who ordered it... the lady who ordered said " i didn't tell you so you wouldn't have been tempted" awesome people I work with.

Hawaii69
02-12-2014, 05:03 PM
Congrats Hawaii! Aren't too big clothes just a thrill?? I still have fun with that even though my sizes aren't dropping quite as fast as they were.

Thanks Ruth Ann!

Hawaii69
02-12-2014, 05:04 PM
I have awesome co workers. I ran upstairs to where everyone is at ( my office is downstairs) and i saw pizza. I said who ordered it... the lady who ordered said " i didn't tell you so you wouldn't have been tempted" awesome people I work with.

That is awesome! Nice to have the support!

Ruth Ann
02-12-2014, 11:45 PM

Isn't it nice when people are considerate? Makes life so much more pleasant!

Ruth Ann
02-13-2014, 08:57 AM
Quiet in here.

Looking forward to a 3 day weekend - feel like I've been running all week and never catching up. Thought I'd play with recipes this weekend - I've been in a baking mood but haven't had time to do it much.

I keep seeing talk about "cleanses" and was curious if coaches generally push those. Mine has never even mentioned it and I always figured they were unnecessary if you had a functioning liver and kidneys. Anyone know any benefits to them (not trying to start an argument, I'm curious).

ColoradoCarol
02-13-2014, 09:48 AM
Quiet in here.

Looking forward to a 3 day weekend - feel like I've been running all week and never catching up. Thought I'd play with recipes this weekend - I've been in a baking mood but haven't had time to do it much.

I keep seeing talk about "cleanses" and was curious if coaches generally push those. Mine has never even mentioned it and I always figured they were unnecessary if you had a functioning liver and kidneys. Anyone know any benefits to them (not trying to start an argument, I'm curious).

Ruth Ann, my clinic has recommended I do a cleanse (I just finished one). Their reasoning was that even though your kidneys, liver, etc are filtering, they could use a little help, and there might be some stored toxins that need to come out, and it can affect your weight. Mine included a colon cleanse which can help with the Big C (which I continually struggle with - I know - TMI).

Hope this helps. I'd be interested to find out more about these probiotics that IP have been rumored to be coming out with. I forgot to ask last night.

By the way, I did ask about the green cabbage and they said no. The head clinician (who is a chiro and has undergraduate in biomeds) said it is too high in carbs, and to stick to the red. It's interesting the different info we get from clinics.

Happy Thursday, one day closer to a 3 day weekend!!!

Ruth Ann
02-13-2014, 10:02 AM
Thanks Carol - that makes sense.

Hm... green cabbage appears to have 3 net carbs per 100g and red has no carbs but has a higher sodium content.

ColoradoCarol
02-13-2014, 10:07 AM
Thanks Carol - that makes sense.

Hm... green cabbage appears to have 3 net carbs per 100g and red has no carbs but has a higher sodium content.

Yeah, I don't know. I haven't been eating it. So, I will continue to not eat it. But it doesn't appear to affected your weight loss. Who knows.

lisa32989
02-13-2014, 11:38 AM
Both cabbages have carbs.

Per cup
Red has 28 calories
5 total carbs (7-2 fiber)
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2373/2

Green has 22 calories
3 total carbs (5 - 2 fiber)
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2371/2

So, based on this nutritional info, it is the RED that has more carbs!
LOL

jendilly
02-13-2014, 01:11 PM
Thank you for the info on the green cabbage, Lisa. I was getting scared that I had messed myself up! I won't have it very often, just to be safe. Just nice to try some new things and enjoy them.

Ruth Ann
02-13-2014, 01:31 PM
Both cabbages have carbs.

Per cup
Red has 28 calories
5 total carbs (7-2 fiber)
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2373/2

Green has 22 calories
3 total carbs (5 - 2 fiber)
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2371/2

So, based on this nutritional info, it is the RED that has more carbs!
LOL

Thanks Lisa! Lord only knows what I was looking at for the data at 6 a.m. :dizzy:

So I will continue to eat my green cabbage and enjoy it!

jendilly
02-13-2014, 04:08 PM
I asked my coach today about green cabbage. She said that it's fine and when she looks at the veggie list and it says cabbage, followed by different types...she thinks they are giving you all the options available beyond the regular type. She said that if green cabbage wasn't allowed and only red or bok choy was, they would list it as "Red Cabbage" and "Bok Choy" individually and not just "cabbage" followed by different types, if that makes sense at all. Feeling lots better about that now, since I was one that tried it this week and LOVED it.

Ruth Ann
02-13-2014, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the info jendilly - I realized I still have an old sheet posted on my fridge and it says "red cabbage (bok choy, etc.)". Have to put up the new sheet.

vachinyc
02-13-2014, 07:07 PM
Ruth Ann, my clinic has recommended I do a cleanse (I just finished one). Their reasoning was that even though your kidneys, liver, etc are filtering, they could use a little help, and there might be some stored toxins that need to come out, and it can affect your weight. Mine included a colon cleanse which can help with the Big C (which I continually struggle with - I know - TMI).

I'm curious about this too - is it packets of pills you take, to do this? ie all your food stays the same but you take more supplements.

Hawaii69
02-14-2014, 01:58 AM
There are pills and a bottle of liquid to take. My coach said to take half the dose as everyone reacts differently. My sister did the cleanse but didn't really like it. But, I will try it. Its for 7-10 days. You take capsules at night and a tbsp of liquid and the same in the morning. I'm just worried its going to stall my weight loss. I am so close but I would like to at least try. My coach says its a good thing to do. So, I'm hoping to start next week.

Ruth Ann
02-14-2014, 09:03 AM
Good morning! Got a sweet card from dh for Valentines Day - we decided to forgo presents since we're getting away for the weekend later this month for our anniversary and besides he told me "everyday is Valentines Day at our house." Corny, but very cute!

Was planning on cleaning carpets over the 3 day weekend but the PT guy suggested I not do that. Good excuse for me!

I have a little program on my work computer that reminds me to get up and stretch and gives me a little motivational quote. Yesterday one of them was "expect problems and eat them for breakfast." I like that - being able to just quickly dispose of problems and go on is something I strive for.

Hope everyone has a great Friday! And Happy Anniversary 65!

ems70508
02-14-2014, 10:30 AM
I'm curious about this too - is it packets of pills you take, to do this? ie all your food stays the same but you take more supplements.

I started one this AM. It was the one ColoradoCarol was talking about a few days ago. "Garden of Life Wild Rose Herbal Detox". It has 3 types of pills and 1 liquid dropper. It is alkaline diet based, which is what IP is. They have a pretty thorough booklet in the box that walks you through everything. It tells you what to eat and what not to eat. It is possible with IP. Of course, it says 'wild caught fish, free range poultry and grass fed beef". Normally I don't pay too too much attention to these things because I just buy my meat at the grocery (usually they have free range stuff) but I'll be making a run to my dad's freezer that's stocked with the 'wild caught fish'. He's a big time summer fisherman-thankful for that!!

It has a list of veggies and the only one it says no to is mushrooms.

It lasts 12 days. I took a full dose this AM. It recommends that if you notice it's too much 'laxative' to cut back to half a dose.

I'm interested to see how much it'll effect me, after being on IP for 23 weeks. Wondering how many years of stored toxins will be exiting over the next 12 days!

I do wish the booklet had more information on what each herb did to actually help your body. I think that would be interesting to read about. Guess I'll have to look on each bottle and research all the herbs!

ColoradoCarol
02-14-2014, 10:37 AM
I started one this AM. It was the one ColoradoCarol was talking about a few days ago. "Garden of Life Wild Rose Herbal Detox". It has 3 types of pills and 1 liquid dropper. It is alkaline diet based, which is what IP is. They have a pretty thorough booklet in the box that walks you through everything. It tells you what to eat and what not to eat. It is possible with IP. Of course, it says 'wild caught fish, free range poultry and grass fed beef". Normally I don't pay too too much attention to these things because I just buy my meat at the grocery (usually they have free range stuff) but I'll be making a run to my dad's freezer that's stocked with the 'wild caught fish'. He's a big time summer fisherman-thankful for that!!

It has a list of veggies and the only one it says no to is mushrooms.

It lasts 12 days. I took a full dose this AM. It recommends that if you notice it's too much 'laxative' to cut back to half a dose.

I'm interested to see how much it'll effect me, after being on IP for 23 weeks. Wondering how many years of stored toxins will be exiting over the next 12 days!

I do wish the booklet had more information on what each herb did to actually help your body. I think that would be interesting to read about. Guess I'll have to look on each bottle and research all the herbs!

EMS - I didn't do the 'wild caught fish, free range poultry and grass fed beef' (too expensive) and I didn't see the info on the mushrooms (oops). But I had great success with it. I hope you like it. Like I said, one of the coaches at my clinic did a lot of research on the available "cleanses" on the market and thought this one was the best. I didn't have a problem with the laxative being too much (but I suffer continually with the Big C). I hated the liquid but I would put the drops in a little bit of water (probably enough to cover the bottom of the glass) and drank it quick.

Hope it goes well for you.

ems70508
02-14-2014, 10:41 AM
EMS - I didn't do the 'wild caught fish, free range poultry and grass fed beef' (too expensive) and I didn't see the info on the mushrooms (oops). But I had great success with it. I hope you like it. Like I said, one of the coaches at my clinic did a lot of research on the available "cleanses" on the market and thought this one was the best. I didn't have a problem with the laxative being too much (but I suffer continually with the Big C). I hated the liquid but I would put the drops in a little bit of water (probably enough to cover the bottom of the glass) and drank it quick.

Hope it goes well for you.

It is expensive! I see myself eating quite a bit of speckled trout that my dad caught last summer and eggs. I love both of these things so I don't think it'll be a problem. Grass fed beef is crazy pricy but free range chicken here is only a few dollars more.

I did not like the liquid at all. I put it in about 4 ounces of water, I'll be copying you this evening and doing as little as possible!!

jendilly
02-14-2014, 12:59 PM
Good Morning all...and Happy Valentine's Day. I set out little gifts for my kids and hubby and obviously there is chocolate, but I'm not tempted at all. This day can be about so much more. Show love more than you say it.

I'm off to get my hair done today...a little pampering will go a long way. Feeling light and wonderful. My husband travels for work every week, so when he saw me this morning (he got in very late last night) it was nice of him to notice and comment on how much I've lost. Makes you feel good!

Have a wonderful day! We have a 4 day weekend here and I'll be flying to sunny Arizona on Sunday with my daughter.

Ruth Ann
02-14-2014, 10:27 PM
Good Morning all...and Happy Valentine's Day. I set out little gifts for my kids and hubby and obviously there is chocolate, but I'm not tempted at all. This day can be about so much more. Show love more than you say it.

I'm off to get my hair done today...a little pampering will go a long way. Feeling light and wonderful. My husband travels for work every week, so when he saw me this morning (he got in very late last night) it was nice of him to notice and comment on how much I've lost. Makes you feel good!

Have a wonderful day! We have a 4 day weekend here and I'll be flying to sunny Arizona on Sunday with my daughter.

Aren't those compliments the best? I just love when dh does it!

Have a great time in Arizona with your daughter!

jendilly
02-14-2014, 11:29 PM
Aren't those compliments the best? I just love when dh does it!

Have a great time in Arizona with your daughter!

Thanks Ruth Ann! We are touring a couple of colleges, so it'll be busy and fun. But I'll be leaving her at one of them for 2 days. It'll be me holding down a pool chair in the sun. Woohoo! Ready to leave this wind and rain for some warmer weather. :D :dancer:

Ruth Ann
02-16-2014, 08:22 AM
Well, I managed to accomplish nearly nothing yesterday - yeah me! Just one of those days where I could not get motivated to do much. I think knowing I had two more days off kind of gave me a feeling of "oh, it can get done tomorrow." It was actually kind of nice - I keep trying to disabuse myself of the notion that I have to be doing something productive all the time. Taking some quiet time for ourselves is really a good thing - sitting and reading a book, watching a movie, etc. really helps recharge my batteries.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Hiker88
02-16-2014, 09:51 AM
I had low energy yesterday too but my sister and family were on their way so I just kept plugging along and eventually got everything done even if I was still getting groceries when they got to town! I had dropped my wallet at Sears and that threw my afternoon off! After calling Sears to make sure they didn't have it, I actually talked to the right person and sure enough, someone had turned it in! Whew!! Was happy to see the scale this morning... down again!

schenectady
02-16-2014, 11:29 AM
Today, I looking forward to a really good time for two reasons. First, our nearly 2 year old granddaughter is coming for a visit and we have not seen her since Christmas.

Secondly, it is her parents who started first on IP and have lost over 80 pounds each - they were the one who inspired me to start. I have not seen them in two months either, which means they have seen ME!

"ME" put on a complete outfit of size 16's yesterday. Even the trousers, which are always a challenge for me over the rear and thighs, slid right into place. New shoes (actually boots) because my feet are smaller, too. What a feeling!!!! I have only a few size 18's that fit and they will go soon.

It has been 25 years, yes 25 years, since I was this size. Before marriage, before children. This is a new version of the me I used to love. When I looked into mirror this morning, tousled hair and all, I saw this pretty pixie little face with dimples that was just shining like the sun. I missed her, this pert and sassy little face and I am glad she is still there, albeit attached to a nearly 60 year old.

Great thing is I do not think like a 60 year old and I for sure do not look like one anymore! No sad and worn depression veiling the spark inside - I am out and free. Thanks IP and all you incredibly supportive people here!

Slipfree
02-16-2014, 11:43 AM
Schenectady, I am so glad that you found your pixie again. So beautiful. I hope you have a wonderful day. :hug:

Ruth Ann
02-16-2014, 12:31 PM
Hiker - so glad you found your wallet! I hate losing things and the wallet is the worst to lose. Have a good visit with your relatives!

Schenectady - what a great NSV! I'm still startled in the morning sometimes when I go to brush my hair - who does that little face belong to? Dh told me recently "you just look so much happier." Guess it's because I am happier!

Ruth Ann
02-16-2014, 04:22 PM
Woo hoo! I just had so much FUN! Needed to get some jeans and sweatshirt type clothes for our upcoming trip to the coast. Had a bunch of Kohls cash and coupons so off I went. Every single thing I took to the fitting room I had to go back and trade for something smaller! Just when did I start fitting into petite medium sizes? When I started IP I was wearing 24/26 pants and 26/28 tops!

Ended up with 3 tops, jeans and something slinky for our anniversary night for $45 - I'm beginning to not hate shopping for clothes!

IdealProteinNewbie
02-16-2014, 06:12 PM
Ruth Ann: :broc:

Ruth Ann
02-16-2014, 07:13 PM
Ruth Ann: :broc:

Thanks IPN!

ColoradoCarol
02-16-2014, 07:42 PM
Woo hoo! I just had so much FUN! Needed to get some jeans and sweatshirt type clothes for our upcoming trip to the coast. Had a bunch of Kohls cash and coupons so off I went. Every single thing I took to the fitting room I had to go back and trade for something smaller! Just when did I start fitting into petite medium sizes? When I started IP I was wearing 24/26 pants and 26/28 tops!

Ended up with 3 tops, jeans and something slinky for our anniversary night for $45 - I'm beginning to not hate shopping for clothes!

Wahoo:carrot::carrot::carrot: such a great thing to realize accomplishments in other ways than the scale.

I'm going consignment store shopping next weekend. I need some new work clothes (in a smaller size- yay). I am buying in consignment stores until all the weight is off - it is much less costly. When it all is off - new wardrobe!!!

Ruth Ann
02-16-2014, 07:58 PM
Yep Carol - I've been doing thrift and consignment shops a lot but since I had all the coupons and everything I bought was on sale I figured I did good!

I figure once I get to where I want to be I'll get a whole new wardrobe. Until then I just pick up what I need so I'm not running around in the same thing all the time.

And congrats on smaller sizes for you!

schenectady
02-16-2014, 08:30 PM
Ruth Ann - I, too, have discovered that clothes shopping can be fun, particularly when you discover how much smaller the sizes end up being!

We have a thrift store that offers 75% off one color for one day each week. I scoot on in and buy whatever I like that is either one or two sizes smaller than what I wear now. That way I always have a small supply of clothes as my weight goes down. When I "finish" with one size, I donate them back to the store barely worn>

The day will come when I do into a "REAL" store and buy "REAL" clothes, ones that I intend to keep. That will be so much fun. My daughter, who started on IP and lost 70 pounds, is into size 6 at 165 pounds so I hope that I can reach close to the same because I am a couple of inches taller. Something to dream about! I actually would be happy with size 8 or 10 but will settle for whatever I get at goal.

MagicAnne
02-16-2014, 08:30 PM
Oh, man! Yesterday I went to a Valentine's fundraiser for the local food back. When you think of Valentines...what comes to mind besides roses? Chocolate! That's right. It was everywhere. There wasn't a single thing I could eat or drink all night except Seltzer water.

Luckily, I ate before I went assuming the menu would be limited. Another hurdle passed!

Ruth Ann
02-16-2014, 08:35 PM
schenectady: I was seriously surprised at the smaller clothes because it hasn't been that long since I went shopping. Amazing how much our bodies change so quickly. I have a few things that I've set aside because they were too small - guess it's time to check them out again.

MagicAnne: congrats on making it through OP! That is great!

mars735
02-16-2014, 09:23 PM
Oh, man! Yesterday I went to a Valentine's fundraiser for the local food back. When you think of Valentines...what comes to mind besides roses? Chocolate! That's right. It was everywhere. There wasn't a single thing I could eat or drink all night except Seltzer water.

Luckily, I ate before I went assuming the menu would be limited. Another hurdle passed!

:bravo::cp::bravo::cp: That is a huge accomplishment!

Hawaii69
02-17-2014, 11:45 AM
[QUOTE=Ruth Ann;4945211]schenectady: I was seriously surprised at the smaller clothes because it hasn't been that long since I went shopping. Amazing how much our bodies change so quickly. I have a few things that I've set aside because they were too small - guess it's time to check them out again.

I hear u Ruth Ann! It is crazy to see the changes happening so fast in our bodies! Shrinking into sizes I thought I would never see again! It's so exciting and shopping is now fun, not dreaded!

Ruth Ann
02-17-2014, 01:19 PM
[QUOTE=Ruth Ann;4945211]schenectady: I was seriously surprised at the smaller clothes because it hasn't been that long since I went shopping. Amazing how much our bodies change so quickly. I have a few things that I've set aside because they were too small - guess it's time to check them out again.

I hear u Ruth Ann! It is crazy to see the changes happening so fast in our bodies! Shrinking into sizes I thought I would never see again! It's so exciting and shopping is now fun, not dreaded!

Wow - look at you go Hawaii! You're so close to your goal! Congrats!

Hawaii69
02-17-2014, 01:37 PM
[QUOTE=Hawaii69;4945549]

Wow - look at you go Hawaii! You're so close to your goal! Congrats!

Thanks Ruth Ann! I can taste it! Lol

Ruth Ann
02-17-2014, 01:57 PM
[QUOTE=Ruth Ann;4945630]

Thanks Ruth Ann! I can taste it! Lol

Is it low carb? :D

Hawaii69
02-17-2014, 05:02 PM
Hahahaaaaa!!! Of course!!!!

RosiePosie101
02-17-2014, 05:25 PM
Two NSV's this morning while getting ready for work:

1. My shirt which normally requires a pin between the girls to stop it gaping, did not need a pin this morning. Yippee!

2. My skirt, which I haven't worn in a couple of weeks, is quite loose and now sits on my hips, rather than up at my waist. And now, I can breath comfortably in it (it was rather tight before!).

So exciting to have these NSV. Really goes to show that 100% is totally worth it!

Have a great day everyone.

Ruth Ann
02-17-2014, 07:20 PM
Hooray Rosie! Isn't it great!

schenectady
02-18-2014, 06:04 AM

I just now came across this idea and LOVE it! I think I am going to get myself some beautiful roses or something that is really fragrant, although I am not sure what they will be.

You are so right about the road getting easier the longer one is compliant. It is like the urge or craving goes away (almost). I nearly have the eating out routine down pat and it does become second nature after a while. I am not at all tempted to order "off the menu". Practice makes perfect?

Ruth Ann
02-18-2014, 09:19 AM
Good morning! I love that idea too!

I think it just becomes a habit to eat OP. I think there was a study that says it takes about 60 days for something to become a habit and I think that's true. I know I automatically reach for acceptable stuff when I'm cooking or getting tea now.

One thing I did do was rearrange the pantry - took over a whole shelf for my food right at eye level (for me) and gave the guys a top shelf for their cereals, etc. (which works since they are both over 6 feet) - I don't even have to see that stuff!

This weekend was a huge motivator for me. I was just telling dh that I was getting in a rut and getting tired of dieting when BOOM I went clothes shopping and found I needed all smaller clothing, plus I went through my "later" pile, pulled out a pair of size 8 slacks and they fit! I then felt silly for whining! Stuff like that keeps me motivated!

drd1961
02-18-2014, 10:56 AM

I think it just becomes a habit to eat OP. I think there was a study that says it takes about 60 days for something to become a habit and I think that's true. I know I automatically reach for acceptable stuff when I'm cooking or getting tea now.

One thing I did do was rearrange the pantry - took over a whole shelf for my food right at eye level (for me) and gave the guys a top shelf for their cereals, etc. (which works since they are both over 6 feet) - I don't even have to see that stuff!

This weekend was a huge motivator for me. I was just telling dh that I was getting in a rut and getting tired of dieting when BOOM I went clothes shopping and found I needed all smaller clothing, plus I went through my "later" pile, pulled out a pair of size 8 slacks and they fit! I then felt silly for whining! Stuff like that keeps me motivated!

Awesome. It does help to have those little motivational things doesn't it!

schenectady
02-18-2014, 12:00 PM

Congratulations on the size 8 slacks. I told my girlfriend (the one who cheers me through this since cheers are missing at home) that sliding that zipper up on a smaller item of clothing must be better than drugs and sweeter than candy! No more tucking and squeezing and bulging and sucking breath to try to get something on, just a sweet slide up the hips and back end!

This is the first time in my recent adult life/memory that I actually enjoy and look forward to trying on clothes. I have to futz around a bit on size since I don't really know what size I am, but to pull real clothes out and know the chances are good some will fit and look GOOD, it is the bomb!

Those are the moments I remember when my mind starts heading back to the forest of evil food thoughts. I have stayed 100% OP at almost every opportunity since my fall from grace and it feels like I am living a whole new life. No regrets, no guilt, no beating myself up for being 'bad', wondering if I can go back to being 'good'. Just happy and proud.

Ruth Ann
02-18-2014, 12:37 PM
drd - It sure does help! I think I was just feeling tired and out of sorts. Some days are like that. Then I realize how fast I'm changing sizes and it makes a huge difference. I even found the one pair of "fat pants" I kept when I was sorting clothes - good reminder of how far I've come.

schenectady - you are right, pulling on smaller clothes and having them fit is better than anything I could eat!

And you should be happy and proud - you have come so far and done so well! :high:

drd1961
02-18-2014, 12:44 PM
drd - It sure does help! I think I was just feeling tired and out of sorts. Some days are like that. Then I realize how fast I'm changing sizes and it makes a huge difference. I even found the one pair of "fat pants" I kept when I was sorting clothes - good reminder of how far I've come.

schenectady - you are right, pulling on smaller clothes and having them fit is better than anything I could eat!

And you should be happy and proud - you have come so far and done so well! :high:
I know. Some days it is so tiresome to put in the effort. I tried on a sweater last weekend. The sales lady said they ran small. It was reduced way down, and all that were left was medium and xsmall. I grabbed the xsmall and was in front of the three way mirror. The sales lady came in and said oh, that looks good, what size did you end up with? I said xsmall and she said wow. That fits perfect. :) So I went home and chopped up my veggies and followed my diet and was happy.

Ruth Ann
02-18-2014, 12:51 PM
Hooray drb for xsmall sweaters! That is awesome!

drd1961
02-18-2014, 03:35 PM
Now I get to add to drd's victory. I went closet cleaning today and made myself try on everything, yes every single item. Now there is a huge pile on my bed of things to go to the thrift store.

The victory was trying on a gorgeous two piece silk Adrianna Papell SIZE 14 and all the buttons on the top closed and the skirt went whoosh over my hips! Now I admit that 5 more pounds will help me breathe a little easier, but, hey, I will take it.

Five more plus on ounce for breathing will take me to Onederland so maybe this is kismet!

WHOOT!!! I bet you looked beautiful!

64peppergirl
02-18-2014, 03:49 PM
It sure pays to be 100% on this program. Today, I have officially lost 101.6 pounds and it sure feels more than wonderful. I still have a long way to go but these numbers really propel me forward yet again. I guess my next goal is to get down to my drivers license weight. (Another 26 pounds) LOL

ems70508
02-18-2014, 03:57 PM
65peppergirl: First, congratulations on the 101.6 pounds - you must have been very disciplined and hard working to get there, but yes, it does feel good (I have about 10 more before I hit that.

You do make me laugh because when I had to haul out my driver's license for the first time in months, I started roaring - it was probably the first time in my life I actually weighed LESS than that little lie I had on my license!

SO TRUE! I was thinking about that the other day. For the first time in my life I am lower than my lie on my license. Gosh. Too funny. I even thought about going to the DMV and getting it changed when I got to my goal. haha! It sure is the little things....

Slipfree
02-18-2014, 03:57 PM
Congratulations 64Peppergirl! What a wonderful achievement.

Ruth Ann
02-18-2014, 04:06 PM
Now I get to add to drd's victory. I went closet cleaning today and made myself try on everything, yes every single item. Now there is a huge pile on my bed of things to go to the thrift store.

The victory was trying on a gorgeous two piece silk Adrianna Papell SIZE 14 and all the buttons on the top closed and the skirt went whoosh over my hips! Now I admit that 5 more pounds will help me breathe a little easier, but, hey, I will take it.

Five more plus on ounce for breathing will take me to Onederland so maybe this is kismet!

Hooray schenectady! That is awesome! I hope you have it hanging right where you can see it just to remind you of where you are headed!

Ruth Ann
02-18-2014, 04:08 PM
It sure pays to be 100% on this program. Today, I have officially lost 101.6 pounds and it sure feels more than wonderful. I still have a long way to go but these numbers really propel me forward yet again. I guess my next goal is to get down to my drivers license weight. (Another 26 pounds) LOL

Congrats peppergirl! That is so awesome! :bravo::cp::dancer::dance::cheer3::congrat:

You should be so proud of yourself!

<off to look at my drivers license, wonder what lie I put there?>

Ruth Ann
02-19-2014, 12:28 AM
Had to laugh - actually went and pulled out my drivers license. I weigh considerably less than what I said on my license but it was still less than my highest weight.

Guess I won't be too upset when it comes time to get a new pic on my license. The current one is awful!

ColoradoCarol
02-19-2014, 09:43 AM
I just looked at my driver's license (which was issued about 2 weeks before I started IP) and I listed 200 as my weight. Well that was wrong, but I couldn't bring myself to put my actual weight on there.

Now I am below that. Until this latest renewal, it said 160.

The picture is AWFUL. So, when I get all the weight off, off I go to get a new license. I don't care that it will cost me $20.

I also need to renew my Passport, luckily they don't ask for your weight on there!!

Happy Wednesday.

Ruth Ann
02-19-2014, 09:55 AM
Carol - I also put 200 on my license because I couldn't bear to put the actual weight on there! I have to get a new license around my birthday in June so I will put the actual weight and have a new picture since I look nothing like my drivers license photo now!

eandc2006
02-19-2014, 12:35 PM
WOWZA! So much to celebrate on this thread! Way to go all! You are inspiring! And I too will second that clothes shopping keep me going strong too. Nothing like feeling down and then hitting up some smaller stuff.

Ruth Ann
02-19-2014, 02:00 PM
Exactly eandc!

I stayed the same on coach's scale today, but I am unconcerned. So much going on with my body right now - change in medication, increased PT, etc., etc. Not surprising at all. And since I've lost 2 pant sizes in the last month I am a happy camper!

Hawaii69
02-19-2014, 07:29 PM
Exactly eandc!

I stayed the same on coach's scale today, but I am unconcerned. So much going on with my body right now - change in medication, increased PT, etc., etc. Not surprising at all. And since I've lost 2 pant sizes in the last month I am a happy camper!

I maintained too Ruth Ann but feel the same as you, as my clothes are telling me that I'm smaller! And I still lost a few inches so whatever the reason that the scale isn't moving, I will keep going. I am now phasing off and started Phase 2 yesterday and also started the Novi Cleanse so it'll be interesting to see what the scale reads next week! I've been getting so hungry at night, really hungry, so I've been eating a pickle and drinking lots of herb tea. I'm wondering if its hormonal but I'll be dealing with this during maintenance so I'm training myself to deal with the hunger in a healthy way. It'll help me as I continue to lose and maintain the loss. I will have to deal with hunger issues always and need to continue to make good choices!

Ruth Ann
02-20-2014, 12:30 AM
I maintained too Ruth Ann but feel the same as you, as my clothes are telling me that I'm smaller! And I still lost a few inches so whatever the reason that the scale isn't moving, I will keep going. I am now phasing off and started Phase 2 yesterday and also started the Novi Cleanse so it'll be interesting to see what the scale reads next week! I've been getting so hungry at night, really hungry, so I've been eating a pickle and drinking lots of herb tea. I'm wondering if its hormonal but I'll be dealing with this during maintenance so I'm training myself to deal with the hunger in a healthy way. It'll help me as I continue to lose and maintain the loss. I will have to deal with hunger issues always and need to continue to make good choices!

Congrats on phasing off! That is wonderful!

I'm thinking of shifting my food around some. I generally eat breakfast between 5:30 and 6 so I'm getting hungry by 9 or 10 and eat my chips or bar or whatever then and that holds me until 1 or so when I eat my veggies and lettuce. Problem is we haven't been having dinner until 7 or so and if I save my 3rd pack for dessert it's coming really close after dinner since I try to get to bed early since I'm up by 4:30 or 5. I'm really not hungry after dinner so I may do better shifting my 3rd pack to mid-afternoon. It's all trial and error I think.

Hawaii69
02-20-2014, 12:40 AM
That's a good suggestion, I may have to either save a packet for after supper or eat supper a little later. Thanks for the tip!

jasmine354
02-20-2014, 06:07 AM
Day 9 and I am down 5.8lbs woooohoooo!:D
I know I shouldn't weight myself every day but I just can't help it. With the money I am investing in myself, I am desperate to make this program work for me! Up until yesterday the scale was not moving, my WI last night was 3.8lbs and I was feeling down because of everyone else seemed to be loosing so much more in their first week. With this mornings results I feel ready to take on a new week and I don't feel so bad about the money I just spent.

Happy carrot dance for my first five pounds gone forever!!!

:carrot:

maureen kempster
02-20-2014, 07:50 AM
good morning everyone

I hope you don't mind my joining your thread - you're all such an inspiration. I'm on day #26 and I feel fantastic. My 4th weigh in tomorrow after work - I find this program really easy to follow - I'm losing so far about 2 to 2.5 lbs a week - slow but that's okay - as long as I'm going in the right direction. I've been sticking to the plan also 100% - a few errors with my restricted IP foods the first week but after that I'm good - even stopped the gum chewing after I spoke to my coach last friday. Haven't had a diet pop since I started and I really thought that would be difficult but it proved not to be. No junk which was my big problem. I've even started crocheting an afghan just so I don't get bored when I'm home - lots of homemade gifts for Christmas this year!!! lol

well, let's have a great day we're worth it

thanks for being here

Maureen

lisa32989
02-20-2014, 08:31 AM
Glad you joined but I must correct something.
2-2.5 per week is NOT slow! What other diet gives you these results? We really MUST reasses the messages we send ourselves.

Ruth Ann
02-20-2014, 08:39 AM
Good morning!

Congrats on 5 lbs gone jasmine! That is great! You are right, this is a big investment in ourselves but the results are so worth it - I figure I'll save a fortune in future medical costs by getting my weight under control. I'm no longer pre-diabetic, my blood pressure is good, etc., etc.

Welcome Maureen, so glad you joined us! I agree with Lisa - you're doing great! And I really need a new afghan, can I be your friend? :D

lisa32989
02-20-2014, 01:31 PM
Beck Diet Solution Daily thought from Wednesday
I thought this was perfect for our thread

Sabotaging Thought: I donít feel like having to work on my dieting skills.

Response: Thatís okay! I do lots of things every day that I donít feel like doing but I do them anyway. Itís worth it to me to do them, whether or not I feel like it, because it will help me achieve my goals. Besides, I even MORE donít feel like staying overweight.

Hiker88
02-20-2014, 01:47 PM

Response: Thatís okay! I do lots of things every day that I donít feel like doing but I do them anyway. Itís worth it to me to do them, whether or not I feel like it, because it will help me achieve my goals. Besides, I even MORE donít feel like staying overweight.

They really have to add a like button!

Ruth Ann
02-20-2014, 01:48 PM
schenectady - your posts always make me smile. You have a great way of looking at things.

Lisa - I love that! It's so true and so perfect for our thread!

eandc2006
02-20-2014, 02:50 PM

I was just telling my husband this last night. Yes, sometimes, I don't feel like cooking or packing tomorrows lunch BUT even more than that, I DO NOT feel like staying overweight. I suppose its a pick what you don't feel like doing kind of thing...you choose!

jendilly
02-20-2014, 03:28 PM

Love that! Thanks, Lisa. I don't feel like cleaning the bathrooms or doing laundry today...but I know it's what needs to be done. :) I actually feel so much better about myself when I am eating healthy and power through any cravings.

Ruth Ann
02-20-2014, 03:33 PM
I was just telling my husband this last night. Yes, sometimes, I don't feel like cooking or packing tomorrows lunch BUT even more than that, I DO NOT feel like staying overweight. I suppose its a pick what you don't feel like doing kind of thing...you choose!

I was just thinking that same thing last night. I got home super late (thanks last minute, gotta have it now projects) and didn't want to cook, didn't want to set up for the next day, basically just didn't want to do anything but sit with a cup of tea and do nothing. BUT I did something very simple for dinner (dh, bless his heart had it prepped for me) while I set up for today because I needed to do it for me.

I didn't want to, but I did because as you put it so well "I suppose its a pick what you don't feel like doing kind of thing...you choose!" I pick continuing the downward trend in my weight or, as Lisa says "the trend line is towards recovery."

Ruth Ann
02-21-2014, 09:21 AM
Good morning! Very quiet in here.

Saw someone I hadn't seen in nearly a year yesterday. 1st question they asked "did you lose some weight?" Uh, no, I got a haircut. :dizzy: Actually, I'm getting used to those comments - people don't know what to say I think. So they either just say "you look great" or mention the weight loss. It's all good. I'd be surprised if they didn't notice - it's kind of obvious.

Got a busy weekend planned - just lots of little stuff that needs to be tended to along with the standard weekend stuff.

Big surprise the other day - dh sent me a link to a dress he found on one of his "daily deals" and said "I think that would look good on you." Totally different style than anything I have worn in recent memory. I ordered it (of course) and we'll see how it looks but at the price I can always send it to the thrift shop if I hate it. But kind of cool to even consider something so totally out of the realm of what I have been wearing!

Hiker88
02-21-2014, 10:23 AM
Good morning, this flu I had back in January seems to want to come back time and again! I think I might take the day off and give myself a three day weekend. I'm tucked in watching the Canadian Men's curling team play the UK for the gold and they just laid a three ender! You Canucks from the prairies will understand that line! LOL!

I usually use my george foreman grill for all my meat and just whip up my vegis..... whatever's fast.... yesterday I roasted my asparagus and mushrooms... they were soooo good! I really have to start looking at the recipes and changing up what I'm eating. It was nice to do something different.

ems70508
02-21-2014, 10:28 AM
Good morning! Very quiet in here.

Saw someone I hadn't seen in nearly a year yesterday. 1st question they asked "did you lose some weight?" Uh, no, I got a haircut. :dizzy: Actually, I'm getting used to those comments - people don't know what to say I think. So they either just say "you look great" or mention the weight loss. It's all good. I'd be surprised if they didn't notice - it's kind of obvious.

Got a busy weekend planned - just lots of little stuff that needs to be tended to along with the standard weekend stuff.

Big surprise the other day - dh sent me a link to a dress he found on one of his "daily deals" and said "I think that would look good on you." Totally different style than anything I have worn in recent memory. I ordered it (of course) and we'll see how it looks but at the price I can always send it to the thrift shop if I hate it. But kind of cool to even consider something so totally out of the realm of what I have been wearing!

How sweet of the DH! I'm sure it'll look great!

I agree-it find it difficult to respond to the compliments. Only because I feel like I have to repay the compliment with a compliment....ya know??

Hiker88
02-21-2014, 10:31 AM
RuthAnn I love reading your little tid bits about your hubby, he sounds like a real sweetie!

Ruth Ann
02-21-2014, 12:10 PM
Hiker - sorry you are sick again, that's terrible. Hopefully you can have a quiet weekend to recover. I use the Foreman a lot - I like to take zucchini cut in half with olive oil and do it on the Foreman (not for very long!). During the summer we do it on the bbq but it's too cold for that right now!

And I love your new avatar - what a cutie!

Dh is a sweetie, I'm pretty lucky. He has been my biggest supporter through all this!

Ems - I know what you mean but you can always tell them their hair looks nice! :lol:

Hawaii69
02-21-2014, 12:15 PM
I understand the compliment thing! I get embarassed especially if the person pours it on, then I'm like, 'okay enough!'. hee hee And I too want to say a compliment back or I'll tell them that my sister has lost a lot more on the same plan, just to get the attention away from me! Lol!

ems70508
02-21-2014, 12:44 PM
Hiker - sorry you are sick again, that's terrible. Hopefully you can have a quiet weekend to recover. I use the Foreman a lot - I like to take zucchini cut in half with olive oil and do it on the Foreman (not for very long!). During the summer we do it on the bbq but it's too cold for that right now!

And I love your new avatar - what a cutie!

Dh is a sweetie, I'm pretty lucky. He has been my biggest supporter through all this!

Ems - I know what you mean but you can always tell them their hair looks nice! :lol:

Oh gosh I was typing my response really quickly and didn't proof read. It looks like I was saying that I dont want to pay people compliments!! Which is so not true. Yes, I know that I can tell them their hair looks nice but what I was trying to say is that it seems like people are waiting for you to say "oh you look so great too". Which is awkward because then it sounds like you're saying it because they said it first. Maybe I'm just an awkward person! lol. But yes, I usually try to come up with another type of compliment...

Ruth Ann
02-21-2014, 12:54 PM
I knew what you meant ems! It's just that I got so many "you look different, did you change your hair" comments when I first started losing weight that it's become kind of a running joke!

Worst compliment I ever got was a guy telling me "if I'd known you look so good without all the weight I'd have snapped you up when you were single." Really? I am rarely speechless, but that did it - mostly because nothing I could think of to say included polite words!

Hiker88
02-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Worst compliment I ever got was a guy telling me "if I'd known you look so good without all the weight I'd have snapped you up when you were single." Really? I am rarely speechless, but that did it - mostly because nothing I could think of to say included polite words!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

People can be really dense can't they???!!! LOL!!

Ruth Ann
02-21-2014, 01:52 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

People can be really dense can't they???!!! LOL!!

Yep - I am constantly amazed!

lighthouse101
02-21-2014, 02:30 PM
I knew what you meant ems! It's just that I got so many "you look different, did you change your hair" comments when I first started losing weight that it's become kind of a running joke!

Yeah, not all compliments are nice! I got a similar one recently - "Oh, you're pretty now that you've lost weight!" Thanks for implying I was ugly before!

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who post consistently for all of your positive vibes. I haven't been posting much - work and life have been so busy lately, but do hop on to read through and never fail to be encouraged by all of you!

I've been having a great 100% OP week and look forward to moving onwards and downwards.

Ruth Ann
02-21-2014, 05:51 PM
I understand the compliment thing! I get embarassed especially if the person pours it on, then I'm like, 'okay enough!'. hee hee And I too want to say a compliment back or I'll tell them that my sister has lost a lot more on the same plan, just to get the attention away from me! Lol!

Hawaii - I get the same thing sometimes and, depending on the person, I just tell them they are making me uncomfortable or ask if we can talk about something else. I mean, I love compliments but for people I don't know well to go on and on and on makes me really uncomfortable even if I know they are just trying to be nice.

Ruth Ann
02-21-2014, 05:54 PM
Yeah, not all compliments are nice! I got a similar one recently - "Oh, you're pretty now that you've lost weight!" Thanks for implying I was ugly before!

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you who post consistently for all of your positive vibes. I haven't been posting much - work and life have been so busy lately, but do hop on to read through and never fail to be encouraged by all of you!

I've been having a great 100% OP week and look forward to moving onwards and downwards.

OMG lighthouse! I can't believe someone would be so tactless!

I hear you on the busy - I should be working right now but, hey, breaks are allowed! Glad you are having a good week.

Hawaii69
02-21-2014, 06:05 PM
OMG lighthouse! I can't believe someone would be so tactless!

I hear you on the busy - I should be working right now but, hey, breaks are allowed! Glad you are having a good week.

Thanks Ruth Ann! Its nice to hear others feel the same!

Lighthouse: People must not think before they speak! Thats crazy!

I'm feeling the last couple of lbs leaving, put on a pair of pants that feel more loose than last week. So, thats a good sign. I'll see on Tuesday what the scale reads. But, am so glad that I decided to go on the plan and have learned so much about healthy eating and how our bodies are affected. It just makes sense. Its not always easy but is it ever worth it!!

lighthouse101
02-21-2014, 07:04 PM
Its not always easy but is it ever worth it!!

Amen to that!

maureen kempster
02-21-2014, 11:19 PM
I just wanted to pop by and let you know that after #4 weigh in I'm down a total of 9 lbs - I lost 1.8 lbs this week. I feel very positive about all this.

Hawaii69
02-21-2014, 11:37 PM
That's excellent Maureen! Great job!

Ruth Ann
02-21-2014, 11:43 PM
WTG Maureen!

lisa32989
02-22-2014, 07:25 AM
Yeah, not all compliments are nice! I got a similar one recently - "Oh, you're pretty now that you've lost weight!" !

But you, sir (or ma'am) are a jerk at any size

I keep those things to myself but sometimes they have to "come out" so I share them with you!
:lol:

Ruth Ann
02-22-2014, 09:09 AM
Yep Lisa - I'm with you, some things are better left unsaid (except among us, of course!). But every once in awhile things just pop out, I'm working on that!

And why am I up so early on a Saturday - isn't this the day to sleep in? At least it appears we now have my hormones under control so I'm not waking up multiple times a night in a pool of sweat. That was no fun at all.

Newbierm
02-22-2014, 09:32 AM
I am so thrilled! I had weigh in # 2 and lost 2.6. That's a total of 9.4 gone! This week was a breeze compared to last week. I hope the breezy trend continues. Reading all of your successes (and sometimes struggles) really has helped keep me focused! Thank you all so much! Can't wait to get my signature ��

Ruth Ann
02-22-2014, 09:50 AM
Congrats newbierm - that is just wonderful!

vachinyc
02-22-2014, 12:09 PM
Morning 100%ers: I've missed you. I posted on the daily thread too but wanted to say hello here as well. I've been traveling - Work and personal travel 11 of the last 14 days. I've tried to log in and read but haven't had as much time to post.

Excited to report that Phase 2 went well with only a few travel-related hiccups (2 p1 days given logistics) so now I am moving to Phase 3.

Phase 3 boggles the mind. Big breakfasts! It almost feels like too many choices. I have a bunch of reading and re-reading to do and a big grocery store run. I did buy the IP meal replacement shakes to have as a backup if I'm having a crazy morning.

I donated another 3.9 pounds this morning. (It's a two-week number since I wasn't here last week) Yippee! Nice inches loss this time too. 3.875 inches this week for a total of 44.625. Sweet!

Hope you are all well and having better weather! And getting nicer compliments than some of those backhanded ones. Eesch!

Congrats newbieRM and Maureen!

IP POWER to you!

lighthouse101
02-22-2014, 03:36 PM
But you, sir (or ma'am) are a jerk at any size

I keep those things to myself but sometimes they have to "come out" so I share them with you!
:lol:

lol :lol:

maureen kempster
02-22-2014, 08:33 PM
good for you schenectady -

Ruth Ann
02-23-2014, 08:48 AM
Welcome back vachinyc - glad to hear the travels were relatively smooth.

Congrats on moving to P3! I've been reading up on the breakfasts (like to be prepared) and you're right - that's a lot of food and I don't like to eat a bunch in the morning. Guess I'll have to learn to! Please keep us informed on how it goes.

schenectady - what a wonderful surprise for you! Made me tear up just reading it.

And see how strong you are? In the middle of emotional times you made good choices and stayed strong - you are amazing.

drd1961
02-23-2014, 09:26 AM
I am a breakfast eater and the one thing that I have struggled with this whole time is how very little I can have at breakfast. It is a struggle everyday to get to lunch, and then all is good, no problems the rest of the day. So having more for breakfast will be a big welcome when I get to P3.

Hiker88
02-23-2014, 10:00 AM
Ruth Ann, I didn't want to post on the applicable thread but I LOVE how you got your point across on the unnamed thread... You got the point across without being offensive... (I need help in that department!) Thanks for that!

I have spoken with a number of people who have lost successfully and then maintained successfully... some still watch carbs and some do not... but all of them emphasized the importance of phasing off properly... everyone they knew who gained weight back had not phased off properly... of course there's more to it than that (like exercise) but I'm trying to educate myself now so I lead the lifestyle that it will take in order to keep this weight off!

How wonderful it was to shop in a regular store for a dress yesterday.... I may be at the higher end of their sizes but I could care less... a real.. regular store!! No offense to Penningtons (my go to plus size store)... they have been there for me when I needed them! LOL!

Ruth Ann
02-23-2014, 10:16 AM
Thanks Hiker - I try hard not to be offensive but am not always successful. It's kind of a balancing act for me. :dizzy:

Every body is different and learning what will work for us on maintenance is going to take some trial and error but you're absolutely right - thinking about it now and learning what we'll need to do to maintain is key. If nothing else, IP has taught me to plan and to stay in control (things I had never learned before). I think phasing off properly plays a big role in being able to maintain - just suddenly going back to our old eating habits will bring us full circle and I'm not working this hard now to end up right back where I started!

And isn't it fun to shop in a regular store? So many more choices! I just have to remember to wear clothes that are easy to get on and off since I have to try everything on! I love getting the "we miss you" emails from Lane Bryant - used to shop there exclusively but now they have nothing I can wear! (Well, I could wear it but it would look really bad!)

Hawaii69
02-23-2014, 01:29 PM
Morning 100%ers: I've missed you. I posted on the daily thread too but wanted to say hello here as well. I've been traveling - Work and personal travel 11 of the last 14 days. I've tried to log in and read but haven't had as much time to post.

Excited to report that Phase 2 went well with only a few travel-related hiccups (2 p1 days given logistics) so now I am moving to Phase 3.

Phase 3 boggles the mind. Big breakfasts! It almost feels like too many choices. I have a bunch of reading and re-reading to do and a big grocery store run. I did buy the IP meal replacement shakes to have as a backup if I'm having a crazy morning.

I donated another 3.9 pounds this morning. (It's a two-week number since I wasn't here last week) Yippee! Nice inches loss this time too. 3.875 inches this week for a total of 44.625. Sweet!

Hope you are all well and having better weather! And getting nicer compliments than some of those backhanded ones. Eesch!

Congrats newbieRM and Maureen!

IP POWER to you!

Its nice to hear how you are doing as I am in Phase 2 as well. Even though I phased off for a holiday not long ago, its different this time as it will be permanent. I am one week into Phase 2 and it looks like I'm down a couple lbs so thats great. I'm looking forward to the bigger Phase 3 breakfasts as at first, they seem so big, but then I got used to them and enjoyed having the variety and they helped me feel full for awhile. I keep telling myself that this is how I am going to be eating the majority of the time on maintenance and to get my brain wrapped around that fact. Losing the weight has been so wonderful and maintaining it will better! :D

Snarfler
02-23-2014, 03:37 PM
Just dropped my goal another 5lbs since I was only 1.5lbs away from goal and still feel I can stand to lose more. When I started IP, I really thought I'd be content getting to 150. And I was, until I realized I learned the power and the skills to take it further. I'm so thankful for being nearly 15lbs below my initial goal and only 6.5lbs away from my new one. And I could not have done it without IP. I love this way of life!

vachinyc
02-23-2014, 10:51 PM
Its nice to hear how you are doing as I am in Phase 2 as well. Even though I phased off for a holiday not long ago, its different this time as it will be permanent. I am one week into Phase 2 and it looks like I'm down a couple lbs so thats great. I'm looking forward to the bigger Phase 3 breakfasts as at first, they seem so big, but then I got used to them and enjoyed having the variety and they helped me feel full for awhile. I keep telling myself that this is how I am going to be eating the majority of the time on maintenance and to get my brain wrapped around that fact. Losing the weight has been so wonderful and maintaining it will better! :D

Congrats on your successful phase 2 Hawaii.
Day 1 of phase 3 for me today. I think I am STILL full from breakfast. It was yummy but I think I'm a little confused with what is a carb, what's a diary, what's a protein, what's a fat. Oy! And paying attention to the labels. It's a bit daunting after the ease of phase 1 choices. It is good practice for maintenance :)

Ruth Ann
02-23-2014, 11:00 PM
Just dropped my goal another 5lbs since I was only 1.5lbs away from goal and still feel I can stand to lose more. When I started IP, I really thought I'd be content getting to 150. And I was, until I realized I learned the power and the skills to take it further. I'm so thankful for being nearly 15lbs below my initial goal and only 6.5lbs away from my new one. And I could not have done it without IP. I love this way of life!

congrats on the great losses Snarfler! You know, when I started IP I kind of picked a goal out of thin air since I just couldn't imagine weighing so little. So as I get closer I've decided to just see how I feel when I get there. It may change or not - nothing I have to decide right this minute.

ems70508
02-24-2014, 03:46 PM
Just met with my new coach. She's cool. A lot more strict than my previous one...but that's what I need. She changed up some of my habits on me and asked to have all my protein at dinner. She also said my IP packet I was having mid-afternoon needs to be at lunch. Reason being so that my pancreas doesn't have to release insulin more times a day than it really needs, so it's better to have it with a meal. She said the protocol on the P1 sheet is laid out as it is because it's been tested and proved. That is why I need to stick with it. I totally get all that, it's just going to be an adjustment from protein at lunch and an afternoon snack. We'll see how it helps in getting these last 25 or so off.

I also have to keep a food journal. Which i've never really done. So all of these 'new habits' will be tough to break in after 6 months on IP. I just keep reminding myself that they are good changes that'll help in my home stretch!!

ems70508
02-24-2014, 03:47 PM
oh she also mentioned my after dinner snack needs to be right before bed. SHe said it's best to do that so the stretch between eating times (that snack and breakfast the next day) is more like 8 hours instead of 12....all interesting facts and hopefully they help!

Ruth Ann
02-25-2014, 09:03 AM
Glad you're getting on well with the new coach Ems - strict isn't a bad thing sometimes!

You might try MFP for journaling your food - I find it a lot easier than paper since I can do it from my phone or tablet.

Had the day from h*ck yesterday and wanted nothing more than to run through a drive thru and sit and eat junk food. :( I didn't - I came home and dh made me dinner but it reminded me that those old thoughts of eating during times of stress haven't gone away. I'm just learning to recognize them for what they are and (hopefully) by recognizing them I can then derail them before they derail me.

Hiker88
02-25-2014, 09:55 AM
Had the day from h*ck yesterday and wanted nothing more than to run through a drive thru and sit and eat junk food. :( I didn't - I came home and dh made me dinner but it reminded me that those old thoughts of eating during times of stress haven't gone away. I'm just learning to recognize them for what they are and (hopefully) by recognizing them I can then derail them before they derail me.

So true Ruth Ann... these are life long habits that our brains go to in certain situations... (autopilot!)

My brain finally got back in the game yesterday and I was back to not thinking and just following the plan... I had a hard couple of weeks but I don't think fighting illness helped... being home more made me want to eat out of boredom (back to the auto pilot thing) After yesterday I'm hoping its smooth sailing for awhile.

Hawaii69
02-25-2014, 10:18 AM
I'm happy to report that I'm down 2.8 this week! And so happy to be getting that much closer to my goal! I've not had it easy the last couple of weeks but have stuck to the plan and its always worth it in the end! I'm finished the cleanse and feel better. Now onto week 2 of Phase 2.

ems70508
02-25-2014, 10:20 AM
Glad you're getting on well with the new coach Ems - strict isn't a bad thing sometimes!

You might try MFP for journaling your food - I find it a lot easier than paper since I can do it from my phone or tablet.

I'm very excited to have a strict coach. I've been OP the whole time (no 'cheating' per se) but I don't think I was following the P1 sheet 100%, if that makes sense. Like taking my vitamins at different times, eating my protein at different times, etc. I know that it's OK if you do those things, obviously I've lost 75 pounds doing those things. BUT, I think for my home stretch, it's kind of awesome to have a cheerleader and to follow the piece of paper. Changes things up a bit. We shall see!

Sorry you had such a rough day! I also struggle with emotional eating. I never did fast food really but junk food at home. I was one of those people that had the mindset "no one saw me eat it, so I didn't eat it". It's tough now. Especially after a long day. Now when I have those bad days, I try a relaxing bath with tea and early to bed. It's funny...I've really gotten into bath bubbles and salts lately! My idea of a treat has sure changed!!!

Hiker88
02-25-2014, 11:32 AM
Sorry you had such a rough day! I also struggle with emotional eating. I never did fast food really but junk food at home. I was one of those people that had the mindset "no one saw me eat it, so I didn't eat it". It's tough now. Especially after a long day. Now when I have those bad days, I try a relaxing bath with tea and early to bed. It's funny...I've really gotten into bath bubbles and salts lately! My idea of a treat has sure changed!!!

Nothing better than a hot bubble bath on a cold winter day! Sounds like a wonderful way to treat yourself!

Ruth Ann
02-25-2014, 11:34 AM
Hiker - Autopilot is a good way to put it. And who'd have thunk we'd be happy to not think about food? Hope you are over all the illness, that's no fun at all and makes everything harder.

Hawaii - hooray for you! That is just wonderful!

Ems - Sometimes getting back to basics can really help. I find myself getting lax at times on meal times, etc. and have to remind myself to do things right. You've done so great so far, hopefully the last 25 goes by quickly!

I want a big bathtub so bad! Trying to talk dh into buying a new house just so we have one! I love bubble baths but we have a really dinky tub in this house.

schenectady
02-25-2014, 06:42 PM
Hiker - I want a big bathtub so bad! Trying to talk dh into buying a new house just so we have one! I love bubble baths but we have a really dinky tub in this house.

RuthAnn - there are ways to have a fabulous tub in the house you have! We remodeled and the tiny bathroom we had did not allow for what we thought would be a great soaking tub. We had a fixed, short space available from where the old tub was.

Check out this link to a wonderful line of Kohler bubble tubs -
http://www.us.kohler.com/us/Bathing-BubbleMassage-Air-Baths/category/429468/429296.htm?catLevel=3

We out one in and I love it. Unlike a tub with big Jacuzzi jets, this has a series of pin holes, slightly smaller than a pencil would make. The water comes under great pressure (adjustable) and gives the soft but effective massage. The great thing is that there are no moving parts in the holes (unlike Jacuzzi) so that it stays nice and clean. The Kohler even has a cycle that runs after you get out where the warm air pressures through the tub for a minute and the warm air dries out any water in the system.

The tubs can be gotten in a slightly wider size than normal so that if your head to toe space is limited, you can get more comfort side to side. (No, not because any of us are worrying anymore about OUR side to side width!)

Check it out - your DH certainly should love to provide you with this because it is easier that a new house!