Old 07-11-2003, 10:12 PM   #1  

Question question about gallbladder

I have read somewhere that the loss of your gallbladder could have an affect on losing weight .Ive been on induction for about 3 weeks and have lost 10 pounds but I am relly feeling tired and I really want this diet to work I felt so good for awhile
Now I relly have to force myself to eat and am really not hungry. Has anyone else heard this. Thanks lot
alice6107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2004, 12:41 PM   #2  

this is a good question i have been on this diet before and always lost weight in induction very quickly. had my gallbladder out about 1 month ago. been on lc for 9 days have not lost a pound. really starting to get flustered.
melrn99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2004, 03:37 PM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Alice I don't know about the gallbladder but as for feeling tired, this is normal for alot of folks, I was very tired for probably about the first 2 - 3 months, then the energy kicked in big time. Hey 10 lbs is WONDERFUL!!! Bravo to you. Your body prob feels sluggish b/c of the weight loss. Are you taking a good vitamin ?? you know thats so important, make sure your taking C's as well.

I think the stall comes from your body just adjusting to the rapid weight loss. Make sure you are recording every carb, and dont' forget the less you have to lose the harder it might be. Also about after 3 weeks of me being on it, I gained weight....yeah pretty scary huh, then I realized I was eating WAY to many calories, once I cut them back wooosh the weight started coming off again.

Its a learning process but its a wonderful one to be on. Even if I don't lose weight eating like this makes me feel really good. Another thing...drink LOTS of water and exercising is important. There's alot to assess. If your not recording your foods, you might want to try www.fitday.com, you can customize their foods as well as add your own.

Let us know how you do. We are on the regular atkins boards and post mostly in the daily threads (the thread labeled with today's date).

Hugs !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 11:16 PM   #4  
Ari

S/C/G: 400/341/150

Hi Alice, I was wondering if you could share where you read about not having a gallbladder having an impact on weight loss? I had my gallbladder out about a year ago. I've lost 20 pounds since the surgery. I can't think of any reason that it would have an impact on weight loss... but.. I'm no medical professional. I'd be interested in reading any articles about it.
Ari is offline   Reply With Quote