Metabolic Research Center - MRC February 2014

View Full Version : MRC February 2014

Lady67
02-03-2014, 11:37 AM
Well folks, welcome to a new month!

I am taking one day at a time and am doing well this week. How is everyone else doing?

patzi
02-03-2014, 06:16 PM
Doing well, also.. Have some things coming up this month that will include some willpower, so trying to eat carefully..
Lady 67, glad you are doing well.

Patzi

bsbarlow
02-04-2014, 09:58 AM
My wieght has been so up and down! It is very frustrating!!! As soon as I have a loss of 3lbs I gain 2. I am staying on plan so I do know what the problem is. I have resolved that I WILL see this thru. Even one pound per week lost is worth it to get to my goal. I at this point I really don't know how much I have lost because it keeps fluctuating.

bsbarlow
02-04-2014, 11:05 AM
Has anyone here used the carb/fat blocker? I says to take 2 daily perferrably with a meal. Is that correct and not 2 before each meal?

patzi
02-04-2014, 12:50 PM
Has anyone here used the carb/fat blocker? I says to take 2 daily perferrably with a meal. Is that correct and not 2 before each meal?

I used and still use the fat and carb blocker, but I only used it when I went out to eat.

Patzi

Lady67
02-04-2014, 02:56 PM
Doing well, also.. Have some things coming up this month that will include some willpower, so trying to eat carefully..
Lady 67, glad you are doing well.

Patzi

Totally understand Patzi - I am doing good staying on track now. Took me a few days after my trip, but I am 100% ready.

I am watching the scale creep down at home. (losing what I gained on trip) Am curious as to what the center will say.

raven59
02-05-2014, 09:45 AM
Hello to all and happy February. I can't believe we're already in a new month! I've just finished the yellow menu and now on to the blue menu for days 5-10. Days 1-3 I had 1 oz. of choc. chips each night (not on plan), and finally yesterday managed to be 100% on plan all day and conquered the Choc. chip habit. I even went out to Outback and stayed on plan! The scale has already budged, down 3lbs! Hooray!! I love this plan. Wishing you all a fabulous On Plan Wednesday!

bsbarlow
02-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Hello to all and happy February. I can't believe we're already in a new month! I've just finished the yellow menu and now on to the blue menu for days 5-10. Days 1-3 I had 1 oz. of choc. chips each night (not on plan), and finally yesterday managed to be 100% on plan all day and conquered the Choc. chip habit. I even went out to Outback and stayed on plan! The scale has already budged, down 3lbs! Hooray!! I love this plan. Wishing you all a fabulous On Plan Wednesday!

Way to go staying on plan!!! One day at a time.

bsbarlow
02-05-2014, 10:35 AM
I used and still use the fat and carb blocker, but I only used it when I went out to eat.

Patzi

I will be taking a mini vacation to visit my son and grandson. And I am actually planing to go a bit off plan. Do I take two before each meal or just two with breakfast and have that do me for the whole day?

skelley331
02-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Hi ladies,

I joined MRC june 2012 and lost over 34 lbs and 29 1/2", started maintenance January 4, 2013, after about 6-7 mos I got off track and not I'm back and I'm going to re-enroll this Saturday so it will be my second go around and I'm hoping this time I can stay on plan. I gained about 15 lbs but I'm going for a loss of 20lbs to get under my goal! I loved this forum when I was doing the plan so I'm hoping to get your support again! I see a lot of new people and some familiar ones when I was on here, Hi patzi, you are my inspiration!

Wish me luck!! :carrot::carrot:

faerychic
02-05-2014, 06:12 PM
Good luck to you Skelley - my story sounds a lot like yours. I contacted my center a couple of weeks ago and asked about re-enrollment but I have not taken the plunge yet. I have been trying to do it on my own and I have come to realize that the accountability is a big factor to successful weight loss for me.

skelley331
02-05-2014, 10:09 PM
Good luck to you Skelley - my story sounds a lot like yours. I contacted my center a couple of weeks ago and asked about re-enrollment but I have not taken the plunge yet. I have been trying to do it on my own and I have come to realize that the accountability is a big factor to successful weight loss for me.

faerychic: Oh I remember you and we are very close in height. I agree accountability is a big factor for me as well but I need that push right now and support of going into the center. goodluck to you also, I want so much to get back to my goal weight and stay on maintenance, but during the stabilization I didn't follow it thru every week and I think that was my downfall, I didn't find out what my trigger foods were! I look forward to watching both our journeys!

selway
02-06-2014, 12:34 AM
Skelley331 and faerychic - I am in the same boat! I did MRC in 2012 and loved it. I am back unfortunately but will do better this time! Good luck to everyone this week!

skelley331
02-06-2014, 10:56 AM
Skelley331 and faerychic - I am in the same boat! I did MRC in 2012 and loved it. I am back unfortunately but will do better this time! Good luck to everyone this week!

They are charging me $99 for additional 10 wks, my maintenance expired 1/4/14, when you re-enroll how do they start you out? Do you do pre-cond all over or do they just start you on the green menu, does anyone know?

raven59
02-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Hey, Selway, Skelley, and Faerychic, it looks like we all share a similar story-getting to goal, but not seeing it through to maintenance. That's what I love about this site. You realize that you aren't alone.

Hopefully, we can be there to support each other when we hit goal. I agree that Patzi is such a great inspiration and role model and to be successful and keep the weight off, I plan to do exactly what she does....stay connected and keep checking in.

Anyway, that's getting a little ahead of myself. Got to get to goal first! Today is day 3 of the blue menu. The scale is down another pound today. It's so nice to get the early positive reinforcement. I was really hungry yesterday afternoon after working out pretty hard in the morning, and I had a date to lift weights with my neighbor before I could make dinner, so I had a few almonds (6) to hold me over and get me through my workout. If it weren't for the workout date, I'd have just had an early dinner.

I plan to add a little snack when I get this hungry, cuz I am working out daily. I'll just find something that is low carb like nuts or another HNS and keep the calories below 100. I didn't see a bump in weight this morning, like I have in the past when I've gone off plan with high carb food. So, I think this will work and I only will add the extra snack in when I get that super gnawing in the gut hunger, not just craving a snack or when I'm a little hungry.

Happy Friday to all and wishing you a great On Plan Weekend! Onward and downward :)

skelley331
02-07-2014, 10:59 AM
raven59:

I'm so hoping we all can support each other, sometimes these forums go quiet and it's discouraging, I'm going to try and stay positive ad post on here daily. My appt to re-enroll is noon tomorrow so I'm not sure what program they will start me on? I'm kinda hoping to start over with pre-con and go thru the yellow, blue then to the green like before. I want to lose 20lbs. Goodluck to us all!

Lady67
02-07-2014, 01:36 PM
Hi folks!!

Sorry I have been out of touch, but life just got too darned complicated! Hate that!

Anyway, I am watching the scale creep back down. I have lost the weight I gained from the trip and am excited to say that I am back to loosing "new weight" again!! Am so ready to get it completely off. I have weddings and wedding showers etc that I want to plan ... and buy new clothes for!

Have a great day everyone!

skelley331
02-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Hi folks!!

Sorry I have been out of touch, but life just got too darned complicated! Hate that!

Anyway, I am watching the scale creep back down. I have lost the weight I gained from the trip and am excited to say that I am back to loosing "new weight" again!! Am so ready to get it completely off. I have weddings and wedding showers etc that I want to plan ... and buy new clothes for!

Have a great day everyone!

Congrats Lady67, I'm ready to start watching the scale go down as weill, have a great weekend:carrot:

selway
02-07-2014, 03:39 PM
Raven59 - well said and thank you. I was so embarrassed to be overweight again that I was just going to stalk the board for inspiration, but am glad to be participating instead.

Skelley331 - When I re-enrolled last time, my counselor had me do the preconditioning again. I am doing the program myself this time - I live in Idaho and they don't have a center here. The over the phone program just didn't work for me (insert gripe stories here ) so I am happy to do it by myself. I did a week of preconditioning and I needed it to clear the carbs/sugar/caffeine in me. I don't know if it is because I am over 200 lbs that they never started me on the blue and yellow menus that people talk about. I'm on the Meta Slim Plus menu and will drop to the Meta Slim plan when I get below 200.

Happy to know that others are out there and I hope you all have a great weekend! We can do it!!

skelley331
02-07-2014, 05:38 PM
selway: I'm hoping they do let me do the pre-con because I need to cleanse my body of the sugar and carbs! I did the yellow and blue the last time and I weighed in at 181 when I did it the first go around.

Yes we can do this, I'm determined this time now that I know from the first experience I need to see this thru to the end (being my goal weight), I didn't follow it faithfully the first time. :(

patzi
02-07-2014, 09:27 PM
Hello...

I was just going to send a message and say where is everyone... I am so glad to see so many comments today.. Keeps me focused.

Wishing you all well, and I will come on here every day if only to say hello.

It sure helps knowing others are out there.

Patzi

skelley331
02-07-2014, 10:45 PM
Thanks Patzi,

You have been all of our inspiration!! I'm excited to start tomorrow even though I'm going back after gaining over 15lbs back.

thank you

cmarty
02-07-2014, 11:05 PM
Thanks Patzi,

You have been all of our inspiration!! I'm excited to start tomorrow even though I'm going back after gaining over 15lbs back.

thank you

Thank goodness your back" This place has been dead! Maybe we can help each other! I need some encouragement and I hope I can be the same for someone else! Welcome back girl!

patzi
02-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Stopped by to say hello, and hope you are all doing well today diet wise..

Stay focused.. You will all make it..

Does anyone have a cheese cake recipe that takes like cheesecake, that stays by MRC eating.. I do not use any of MRC food products, so I would like a recipe using real food.I do use the cocoa and puddings on occasion. I had one that I had made with an oat bran crust and FF creme cheese, but for the life of me, can't find the recipe.

Patzi

skelley331
02-08-2014, 04:00 PM
Thanks CMarty, I need support big time and i'll give support to anyone who needs it.

I re-enrolled this morning at MRC for 10 weeks
Start pre-conditioning tomorrow, go back Wednesday to weigh in and get
the yellow menu days 1-4, I'm really excited this time around because I know where I failed but going to the center keeps me motivated and accountable. I can't believe I gained 19 lbs back! It started at 15 lbs but then I just gave up.
Not this time!!!
One thing I'm not going to do is weigh myself at home, I had my son hide my scale :)

We can all do this, please stay on the forum and encourage each other! I will log every day!

:dust::cheer:

selway
02-08-2014, 05:15 PM
Skelley331 - woot, woot! You can do it! I only weigh myself once a week. Daily would drive me crazy while losing. As long as I am following the plan 100%, getting all of my water, and exercising, I shouldn't really have to. I will when I get to stabilization and maintenance though!

Down six this week ;)

Patzi - thank you for the inspiration !!!

I hope everyone else is having a great weekend!

selway
02-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Raven59 - how is the blue menu going for you?

geo56
02-08-2014, 06:42 PM
Hi everyone!
I just joined on Monday. Started preconditioning Tuesday, went to food class yesterday. Started the yellow menu today. I bought all of the supplements they recommended. That was sort of overwhelming! I lost 80 lbs on another weight loss program 3 years ago. But life happened and I lost my focus and slowly gained back 50 lbs. I saw the add for MRC on TV and made the decision. My husband is real supportive so I shouldn't have any bumps in the road. I want to lose 50 lbs but maybe 15 more if it goes well!
I am so glad I found this page.

selway
02-08-2014, 08:34 PM
geo56 - Welcome!!!

skelley331
02-08-2014, 08:51 PM
Selway: thank you, I was weighing every day and on the days I was down I seemed to eat more, so that's why I'm not weighing in until I go to the center.
congrats on our loss that's awesome!!

Geo 56 welcome also! I'm starting pre-con tomorrow so I will be a few days behind you on the program, lets send each other support along with everyone else!! We can do this!

Patzi, I don't have a cheesecake receipe hopefully someone sees your post that might!

patzi
02-09-2014, 09:09 AM
I read everyone's messages this morning, and y'all have great determination, and that is a big plus.. I will have to pull out the pre-conditioning menu to see what that all entails, so I can relate to what you are doing. I hope I still have it. I do have the blue and yellow menu.

I have had times on maintenance where I gained weight and no reason for it, that I went back to the blue and yellow for a few days and then back to a wide green menu and it took weight off.

Last week I made lettuce wraps using leftover chicken and they were delicious. Nice change for a lunch. You may have them on green menu if you use ingredients for that menu.

Wishing you all a great day and think thin.. Summer is coming up, and we all want to look nice and slim, so this is a motivation, plus our health. To me that is number one.

Patzi

skelley331
02-09-2014, 11:48 AM
Good morning!

Today is day one of my pre-conditioning and I'm excited!! I'm taking the EFA's, total woman oil, multi vitamin and then the new raspberry ketone that came out, anxious to see how they work. Feeling pretty good today!! And guess what? I didn't step on the scale and that's a huge plus for me! I go back this Wednesday for my weigh in and to get my yellow menu (even though I've done it before) they are giving me all new which I like!

Patzi,
Yes we all must think ... thin and I'm so ready for spring and summer to get outside and do some yard work, get my flower gardens in shape and start doing some camping, watching my grandson's play baseball,etc.!! :)

selway
02-09-2014, 07:59 PM
Patzi - no cheesecake recipe here either, sorry. I LOVE cheesecake and would be excited to hear if you find a good one!

Beautiful day here in Idaho. I'm just hanging out with my little ones watching the Olympics and preparing my food for the week - packing grab and go bags of veggies, etc.

Have a great day!

cmarty
02-09-2014, 08:52 PM
Hi everyone,
Well, I've been a little off track again! I kept the grand kids and I was out of my environment and got into a few goodies! Thank goodness tomorrow is a new day! I notice when I took MRC 6 , I lost more weight! Has anybody experienced this? Also, does anyone eat egg whites instead of regular eggs? Should I really start limiting cheese. Like no cheese?

skelley331
02-09-2014, 10:44 PM
Hi everyone,
Well, I've been a little off track again! I kept the grand kids and I was out of my environment and got into a few goodies! Thank goodness tomorrow is a new day! I notice when I took MRC 6 , I lost more weight! Has anybody experienced this? Also, does anyone eat egg whites instead of regular eggs? Should I really start limiting cheese. Like no cheese?

McCarty; I took mrc-6 at the start so I'm not sure if it helped or if it was the plan that did. I'm in day one of pre-con and I'm craving sweets already I don't remember doing that first go around I hope it gets better

skelley331
02-10-2014, 11:32 AM
good morning to all,

Day two of pre-con and last night was rough, I was hungry and wanting chocolate so bad and I don't remember having any problems when I did this the first go around. Anyway today is better and I'm suppose to start the yellow menu on Thursday, I'm thinking maybe I should do the pre-conditioning at least for 7 days, any thoughts? I want to make sure I get my body use to the foods i'll be eating. :?::?:

patzi
02-10-2014, 12:18 PM
good morning to all,

Day two of pre-con and last night was rough, I was hungry and wanting chocolate so bad and I don't remember having any problems when I did this the first go around. Anyway today is better and I'm suppose to start the yellow menu on Thursday, I'm thinking maybe I should do the pre-conditioning at least for 7 days, any thoughts? I want to make sure I get my body use to the foods i'll be eating. :?::?:

If it was me, I would stay on the days that are allowed for each menu. I would go on to the blue when it was time.

When you go to the Day 1-4 of yellow. What I did if I became board , for breakfast. I would take the cheese and melt it on the toast, and that was good, along with a small orange .

Patzi...

selway
02-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Skelley331 - I am a chocolate lover too. On my menu starting on Day 11, I can have one creamy supplement per day. They have hot chocolate and chocolate pudding. They definitely help with the cravings!

cmarty - I notice the inches loss with MRC-6 also. I'm not sure about the cheese. I'm on the Meta Slim Plus menu and that is included one of my protein groups. I can have 3 oz hard cheese for a breakfast protein or 1 egg and 2 oz hard cheese, if I am craving cheese. Do you think it stalls your weight loss?

How was everyone else's weekend? Have a great day, we can do this!!!

skelley331
02-10-2014, 02:24 PM
If it was me, I would stay on the days that are allowed for each menu. I would go on to the blue when it was time.

When you go to the Day 1-4 of yellow. What I did if I became board , for breakfast. I would take the cheese and melt it on the toast, and that was good, along with a small orange .

Patzi...

Patzi: The pre-conditioning must be at least 3-4 days but they allow you 7 days or longer if needed, you must be able to do the pre-cond for at least 3-4 days straight without wanting to cheat, LOL, that's why I'm thinking of going for the 7 days, then I start the yellow 1-4 on sunday.

Thanks for the idea of melting cheese on the toast, good idea.

:carrot:

skelley331
02-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Skelley331 - I am a chocolate lover too. On my menu starting on Day 11, I can have one creamy supplement per day. They have hot chocolate and chocolate pudding. They definitely help with the cravings!

cmarty - I notice the inches loss with MRC-6 also. I'm not sure about the cheese. I'm on the Meta Slim Plus menu and that is included one of my protein groups. I can have 3 oz hard cheese for a breakfast protein or 1 egg and 2 oz hard cheese, if I am craving cheese. Do you think it stalls your weight loss?

How was everyone else's weekend? Have a great day, we can do this!!!

Selway: Thanks for reminding me of the choc pudding and hot chocolate, I had totally forgotten about those. :dizzy:

selway
02-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Me again, sorry. I just remembered that I have an answer for bsbarlow about the Fat and Carb Blocker. I received a follow up message from MRC that said that you take 2 about 15 minutes before a meal - and it would be for each meal necessary, not for the whole day.

Skelley331 - also, they have those meal replacement bars that are like candy bars! I might get some of those later down the road if I get desperate for a candy bar type food. I know right now I can't have them in the house until I get the sugar/carbs out of my system. I do pretty well with will power - UNLESS it is in my house. Luckily my kids like things I don't - flavored licorice, etc.

skelley331
02-10-2014, 03:52 PM
Selway: I agree, it's hard if things are in the house because I want to eat them. My biggest thing I miss is my Decaf Skinny mocha from starbucks, OMG!!!

skelley331
02-10-2014, 09:36 PM
Well this is only day 2 of my pre-conditioning and I was doing great until tonight, I ate a nutty bar WHY do I do this to myself! I've got to get a grip on these night cravings! I really really want to get this weight off so why do I sabotage myself, I just want to cry! :cry:

DixDiamond
02-11-2014, 06:39 AM
I know this may sound a little personal, but I have a question regarding what happens when you are PMS and/or in your cycle. I finally really understand about retaining water. Although I am drinking as much water as I was before I started PMSing I am not going to the restroom as much and I can feel it in my clothes. Do you find that you gain and then lose the weight? I am still in the dark range on the ketone sticks but gained a pound and a half. I hate weighing in and seeing it go up when I have worked so hard.

I posted that on another forum but it looks like this forum is more active. It has now been ten days PMSing and I don't know if I am just more in tune with my body and it has always taken this long or if my diet is affecting my normal cycle. Down 21.5 lbs and am on day 20 (I was in pre-conditioning a bit longer than norm). So I am excited by that but wondering if I had my TOM would my weight loss be even more?

DixDiamond
02-11-2014, 06:44 AM
Well this is only day 2 of my pre-conditioning and I was doing great until tonight, I ate a nutty bar WHY do I do this to myself! I've got to get a grip on these night cravings! I really really want to get this weight off so why do I sabotage myself, I just want to cry! :cry:

I understand how you feel. Saturday was the birthday for the guy I am dating. I knew I was going to crave the cake I had bought him, "Amish chocolate layered cake with chocolate fudge (chocolate is my weakness)" knowing this, I offset the entire day by only having egg whites for breakfast and lunch, no fruit or veggies, specifically because I needed some leeway that evening. I don't recommend it, but if you do have something major coming up, plan for it. Even dinner, my staff at my center always look up the menu for me and help me to choose what I will order for dinner. It really helps me to pre-plan. It also helps to not be overwhelmed with the menu. By the time dinner date night is here, I already know what I am ordering. I hope this was helpful.

patzi
02-11-2014, 08:04 AM

Skelley....

Just consider it happened and today a new day and go on.. If you have night cravings speak to your consultant, and have her make adjustments in your diet. I am not sure what they would do in preconditioning, but they will come up with something.

If you are having night cravings for something sweet, have more protein during the day to see if that will offset it.. Is there anyway you can not have that type of food in the house? Maybe that would help. When I have a severe sweet night craving, I always eat protein. I also keep boiled eggs in fridge, and eat the whites at times, or grab some chicken. I always have something to grab protein wise, or try an HNS with a Lacroix drink, that sometimes may do it. Other night I had a craving and had some stuffed mushrooms, with low fat homemade turkey sausage and had a few of those and that did the trick.

I cannot to this day keep candy in the house, or chips. If I have company and I have chips and dip, do not open chips till company there, and leftovers have company take them home, or sorry to say, I throw them out. Hate to throw out food, but if not, it is too tempting for me. Same goes for dessert, have company they take leftovers home, unless healthy and hubby can eat. He gains no weight.

Don't beat yourself up, just forget it and go on.

Patzi

skelley331
02-11-2014, 10:07 AM
Thanks patzi and dixDiamond:

I'm not buying those nutty bars anymore, my husband and son take them for snacks for lunch but they are so addicting and that's part of my problem from gaining the weight I have.

I will try the protein trick and see if it helps, right now on pre-conditioning you can't have the HNS's. I go to the center tomorrow to weigh in and it will only be 4 days so I don't expect to be down much if any. I will ask them what I can do but I'm afraid they will offer more pills. I'm trying to stay away from taking all those supplements:(

Lady67
02-11-2014, 12:06 PM
Skelly - for the first 35 lbs I lost, the only supplements I took was the total woman oil. I took my own vitamins. I have now include corti-trim because I was going through something extremely stressful and supposedly corti-trim helps with belly-fat/stress.

My point is you can do this w/o supplements. One thing I did in the evenings was I would have a cup of hot tea (herbal) with a package of sweetener. It helped... and for some reason drinking warm water fills my stomach faster...

My thoughts are you with you, but know you can do this....

skelley331
02-11-2014, 12:37 PM
Skelly - for the first 35 lbs I lost, the only supplements I took was the total woman oil. I took my own vitamins. I have now include corti-trim because I was going through something extremely stressful and supposedly corti-trim helps with belly-fat/stress.

My point is you can do this w/o supplements. One thing I did in the evenings was I would have a cup of hot tea (herbal) with a package of sweetener. It helped... and for some reason drinking warm water fills my stomach faster...

My thoughts are you with you, but know you can do this....

Lady67: Thank you very much, I have read a lot of posts where you can do this without all the pills. I took MRC-6 and cortitrim the first time, that's why I'm trying to see if it works for me without them. I did like the cortitrim as it did help me with stressfull times. I'm going to do the pre-cond for a week instead of 4 days, get my body use to the changes

selway
02-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Skelley331 - I agree with Patzi. Don't beat yourself up, move on. You will conquer the cravings and succeed! Is there anything that your husband and kids like that you don't that they could pack in their lunches? How about some distracting activity at night? If I get crazy snacky, I put in my teeth whitening strips. One hour and the cravings are gone. :) That first week is hard, but you can do it!!

DixDiamond - sorry, I wasn't positve - are you doing the MRC program? If so I would ask your counselor about that. If not - I know I gain while PMSing (like I am today, grrrrr) but usually see a drop at the next week's weighin if it impacted the one before. However, I see all kinds of people who weigh daily on these forums that for, whatever reason, hang onto weight for a few days and then experience a woosh and lose 4 lbs overnight. Hang in there, drink you water and stay the course! You've got this!

selway
02-11-2014, 03:06 PM
Patzi - love the tips, thank you!

skelley331
02-11-2014, 04:52 PM
I called my MRC center today and spoke with the manager of the center Joy who is very nice. She told me that the cravings are just a sign that my body is detoxing and that it takes about 4-5 days to get thru them but at the end of seven days they have a product called metabolic glucose that will help with the sugar and carb cravings if I'm till having problems. So i'll weigh in tomorrow and see how it goes but I sure don't feel like I've lost anything yet.

Thanks selway I'm going to just not buy those anymore and they can have other things for snacks or buy their own LOL! They have been really good supporters from the start way back in june 2012! I'll get there!!! :carrot:

selway
02-11-2014, 05:54 PM
Skelley331 - Detox is right! I jokingly equate my first week of preconditioning with detoxing off of a drug or something. I drank a lot of caffeine (soda) before, so I had wicked caffeine headaches, was tired and grouchy, had mad sugar cravings and had to really work not to drive to the gas station for a chocolate fix!

I'm glad your family is supportive, mine is too. It would be so difficult without them! Have a great day and be strong tonight. You can do it!

cmarty
02-11-2014, 08:48 PM
A little stressed this week...trying to get back on...should I just start over on pre conditioning? I won't even tell you how quick I ate some Girl Scout cookies!

Dear God, Please help me.. I need to get back into control!

DixDiamond
02-11-2014, 10:16 PM
DixDiamond - sorry, I wasn't positve - are you doing the MRC program? If so I would ask your counselor about that. If not - I know I gain while PMSing (like I am today, grrrrr) but usually see a drop at the next week's weighin if it impacted the one before. However, I see all kinds of people who weigh daily on these forums that for, whatever reason, hang onto weight for a few days and then experience a woosh and lose 4 lbs overnight. Hang in there, drink you water and stay the course! You've got this![/QUOTE]

I am on one of the plans, I can never remember the name of it. Essentially, I can eat 750 calories (including the supplements). I take additional nutritional supplement. My team is far more focused on my total caloric intake of the day because I am extremely diligent about accounting for every little thing I eat. I have only eaten like that once during these twenty days but that was specifically because I knew what the evening was about. Additionally, the next day I was right back on track and still burning ketones and didn't get down on myself and knew specifically what it was I was doing.

DixDiamond
02-11-2014, 10:21 PM
A little stressed this week...trying to get back on...should I just start over on pre conditioning? I won't even tell you how quick I ate some Girl Scout cookies!

Do you plan things out? I hear you about stress. The thing that works for me is planning my meals ahead of time. I write out a week's worth of menu and I cook for five days worth of eating. Trust me, it's nothing fancy. But it A. Keeps me on track when I look at what I am eating for the day. B. The food is already cooked so I don't veer.

I am a major chocoholate. As my school psychologist once said to me, "Dude where do you find all of the good chocolate? You know where all the hidden stashes are." When I walk into a building I am like a hound sniffing it out. But I find when the same school psychologist likes to joke around about eating the chocolates and the nuts and teases me, I look in my food journal and keep reminding myself that nothing tastes as good as skinnier looks.

skelley331
02-11-2014, 10:38 PM
Skelley331 - Detox is right! I jokingly equate my first week of preconditioning with detoxing off of a drug or something. I drank a lot of caffeine (soda) before, so I had wicked caffeine headaches, was tired and grouchy, had mad sugar cravings and had to really work not to drive to the gas station for a chocolate fix!

I'm glad your family is supportive, mine is too. It would be so difficult without them! Have a great day and be strong tonight. You can do it!

selway:
tonight I'm doing good, even though I'm thinking of chocolate I'm staying strong, chewing gum LOL! Also I posted my pic of me in my skinny jeans when I was at my lowest weight at my husbands xmas party in 2012 on my iphone so everytime I open my phone which is a lot I see my pic and boy does it remind me of what I'm going to look like again! :carrot::carrot:

skelley331
02-11-2014, 10:40 PM

cmarty: stay strong, I've been where you are a few times in the last 6-8 months. I started pre-conditioning sunday and boy this time around I'm struggling and have cheated a couple of times, today is much better which is day three, the MRC center told me it takes 4-5 days so I'm staying on it for 7 days and on sunday I start the yellow menu, boy I remember saying on here awhile back I would never go back to the beginning but here I am, stay with me Cmarty we can make it!!! :hug: I wish I was at 155 where you are but i'll get there!

tomorrow I go weigh in so wish me luck, I will post my results good or bad!!

geo56
02-12-2014, 07:33 AM
Good morning!
I was doing Atkins before I joined MRC so I had no problems with preconditioning and after 4 days they put me on the yellow menu. Today I started the blue menu. I haven't had any cravings but have had a slight headache most of the time. I am taking all the supplements because I want this to work! I have lost 4 lbs so far. Yesterday I reached onderland at least on my scale! I get to add a creamy supplement today. I think I will have the soup with supper.
Have a super day on plan!

selway
02-12-2014, 02:10 PM
Geo56 - Congratulations on onederland!!!!

cmarty - hang in there, you can do it! Girl Scout cookies are evil!!

skelley331 - good idea on the photo, I should do that too. Good luck at your appointment today.

Everyone have a great day!!

patzi
02-12-2014, 02:34 PM
I had maintenance weigh in this morning, and I maintained. Still 5 pounds under goal.. I am happy with this.

Wishing y'all a great day, and think thin.

Patzi

skelley331
02-12-2014, 04:15 PM
Well I weighed in this morning and I'm down 1lb so i'll take it, I wasn't sure I would be down any, really the scale kept going back and forth 176 to 175.5 so I just told them to log 176 so next week i'll have a bigger loss!!! today is day 4 and my cravings have subsided thank god! Having a much better day today!

Patzi: congrats on maintaining and being 5 lbs under goal, that is what I'm striving for too!!!

Geo56: congrats also on being in onederland!!! Great job!

selway: I truly think having my pic on my phone is helping big time!! Also last night I tried on all my miss me jeans that I wore last year and I can get them on and button but of course I have big time muffin top LOL, but i'll get there! Feeling more positive today!

:carrot::carrot:

selway
02-13-2014, 03:30 PM
Skelley331 - Woot woot! A pound is a pound!

I struggled last night while helping the kids make their Valentine's Day cards (with candy). I purposely did not buy chocolate, they were suckers, but I was tempted. I resisted, but all extra suckers are going to work with me on Friday AM!

Patzi - when you get a second would you please remind me how long you have been in maintenance? Just curious - I know it has been a while!

How is everyone else doing?

Have a great day!!

bombshellinprogress
02-13-2014, 05:13 PM
Skelley331: Would you happen to be in the Columbus area? I noticed that your from Indiana and the name of my lady is Joy as well...maybe just coincidental

skelley331
02-13-2014, 10:35 PM
Skelley331: Would you happen to be in the Columbus area? I noticed that your from Indiana and the name of my lady is Joy as well...maybe just coincidental

bombshellinprogress: Yep I go to the South Central MRC in Columbus, in
I live in flat Rock, IN

skelley331
02-13-2014, 10:40 PM
selway: Thank you, yes i'll take a lb anyday escpecially since it had only been 3 days!! Doing good today, nothing special going on for V-day, but sat my husband, my daughter, son-in-law and 3 grandsons are leaving for a road trip to Bass Pro in Clarksville, in and then onto cabelas in Louisville, ky. I'm taking my walden ranch dressing and my melba toast. I'm on pre-conditioning thru sunday the Monday start he 1-4 day yellow menu and that's when the lbs will fly off!!! HOPEFULLY!!!

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TOMORROW TO EVERYONE, STAY STRONG!!

skelley331
02-13-2014, 10:40 PM
Cmarty where are you??????? Come Back! Hope you are okay:hug:

patzi
02-14-2014, 07:34 AM
Good Morning everyone.

Well last night I had a chocolate craving.. What fixed it was cocoa. If you are allowed a creamy, I would save it for the cocoa.

I buy all my cocoa from Diet Direct when on sale Last night I had amaretto and it really did the trick of kicking that chocolate craving.

Reason I had a craving is because I ate pasta in soup. I had the whole wheat elbow macaroni, and that is a no no for me. Any form of pasta makes me crave, so there we go. I usually make my portion of soup with no pasta, but I was making a large amount , so I could freeze, and forgot and put it all in.

Wishing you all a great day.

Patzi...

patzi
02-14-2014, 07:35 AM
Selway...

I have been on maintenance 3 1/2 years.

Patzi

patzi
02-14-2014, 07:38 AM
Talking about picture being on phone.. I had a picture taken at a graduation, that I could not believe it was me. I took that picture and kept it in my bathroom. If I went away, I took it with me and kept in my wallet so I would always see it. It was something I did not like seeing, and that helped me.

Patzi

skelley331
02-14-2014, 10:22 AM
Good Morning everyone.

Well last night I had a chocolate craving.. What fixed it was cocoa. If you are allowed a creamy, I would save it for the cocoa.

I buy all my cocoa from Diet Direct when on sale Last night I had amaretto and it really did the trick of kicking that chocolate craving.

Reason I had a craving is because I ate pasta in soup. I had the whole wheat elbow macaroni, and that is a no no for me. Any form of pasta makes me crave, so there we go. I usually make my portion of soup with no pasta, but I was making a large amount , so I could freeze, and forgot and put it all in.

Wishing you all a great day.

Patzi...

Patzi.. I love diet direct they have great products. I'll have to get their cocoa, I start Monday on the yellow menu so I have a ways to go before I can have a creamy. But I'm on day 6 of pre-conditioning and my cravings are subsiding finally. Oh I found low carb pasta at Kroger that is really good, it looks like normal spaghetti but hardly no carbs!!!
Happy Valentines Day!

skelley331
02-14-2014, 10:24 AM
Well I couldn't resist, I stepped on my scales this morning for the first time since I weighed in at the center. I'm down another 1.4 lbs yay!!!!

bombshellinprogress
02-14-2014, 11:23 AM
So nice that there are still regulars visiting this site. When I first started MRC I felt like I had no support and always had questions. When I was on preconditioning I couldn't wait to get on the plan. Now that I'm on the plan, I wanna go back to precondition!! This is harder than I expected but it's always easier with people in the same boat.

skelley331
02-14-2014, 12:07 PM
So nice that there are still regulars visiting this site. When I first started MRC I felt like I had no support and always had questions. When I was on preconditioning I couldn't wait to get on the plan. Now that I'm on the plan, I wanna go back to precondition!! This is harder than I expected but it's always easier with people in the same boat.

I know exactly how you feel, I wish I would have known upfront all the details like I do now after going thru it the first time LOL. When I first went I felt like they just wanted me to buy products. This time I'm only doing the EFA oils, total woman, multi vitamin and I'm trying the raspberry ketone. So far it's been good. The yellow and blue menus are kinda rough, the green is a lot better. But what I failed to do the first time is when I got to stabilization I didn't follow it like I was suppose to and didn't know what my trigger foods were and that's what I want to know. Then when I went into maintenance they give you a maintenance menu and a calorie count to follow. My problem is carbs they make me crave chocolate and salty items but not all the time. So im hoping to lose the 19lbs I regained and find my trigger foods!!

What menu are you on right now?

selway
02-14-2014, 01:02 PM
bombshellinprogress - how is it going? Which menu are you on now?

skelley331 - have a great weekend and woot woot on the 1.4!!

Patzi - I also buy the Diet Direct cocoa. I liked MRC's before they changed it. I like the Proti-Diet brand hot cocoa, and can't remember if I have tried the BariWise brand. I will have to try those next! Amaretto sounds heavenly! I agree, the cocoa keeps me on plan - I use it as a special reward or when I am having cravings.

How is everyone else doing? My husband is making me dinner for Valentine's Day (tuna steaks, yum). I hope my kids don't get too much chocolate today.

Have a great Valentine's Day and weekend everyone! Stay strong, we can do this!!!

bombshellinprogress
02-14-2014, 01:49 PM
I am currently on day 3 of the blue menu. My problem is that I'm already so tired of the meat that I've been eating. I've tried switching it up but it doesn't help. I'm so over chicken and tuna and then I tried fish but I'm just not real crazy about it, even with seasonings. Are we allowed any turkey cold cuts at all? My problem also is that I'm not real creative in the kitchen so if it's not easy then I don't wanna mess with it. Thanks for all of your support!!

selway
02-14-2014, 02:34 PM
bombshellinprogress - I know what you mean. You will have to ask your counselor about the turkey cold cuts. I buy Boar's Head turkey for my kids because it doesn't have as many preservatives, but I know it still has some. I often cook a turkey breast on the weekend (like last Sunday night) and use leftovers for a few lunches during the week. I also cook the chicken differently to mix it up a bit - on the charcoal grill, broiled, baked, on the stovetop grill, etc.

Hmmm....what else. I scour cookbooks for on plan sauces, marinades, and spices that help.

Anyone else have any good tips?

skelley331
02-14-2014, 03:05 PM
I am currently on day 3 of the blue menu. My problem is that I'm already so tired of the meat that I've been eating. I've tried switching it up but it doesn't help. I'm so over chicken and tuna and then I tried fish but I'm just not real crazy about it, even with seasonings. Are we allowed any turkey cold cuts at all? My problem also is that I'm not real creative in the kitchen so if it's not easy then I don't wanna mess with it. Thanks for all of your support!!

bombshellinprogress:
Hang in there you can do it, i'll look at my old blue menu, I can't remember what you can have but I do know that I would eat the Oscar mayer oven roasted turkey lunch meat and it never hurt my weight loss. I ate so much tilapia fish that I can't stand it anymore LOL, also I love the Tyson ready grilled chicken strips they have some seasoned and I ate those also.

bombshellinprogress
02-14-2014, 04:18 PM
Today was harder on me that I would have expected. Everyone at work was bringing in treats and passing them out and I didn't get anything. My friend that sits next to me who I love dearly got so many treats and so much chocolate. I feel really sad today and never expected to feel this way. :(

selway
02-14-2014, 05:11 PM
bombshellinprogress - I'm sorry you are down today. Is it possible that people know you are on a diet and are trying not to sabatoge you? If so - that is AWESOME!

Our breakroom is FULL of candy, chocolates, cake, cookies, etc. I am proud of myself for resisting. I almost told myself that I would take 2 pieces of chocolate home for my husband since we aren't having dessert tonight and I didn't buy any chocolate for him, but then I realized that I couldn't guarantee that the chocolate would make it home and that it wasn't worth the temptation. I am struggling today, though, hence my active participation in the forum!!! I just log on here for motivation/inspiration.

Maybe you should buy yourself something to celebrate if you want to? Music, etc?

hatethesweatpants
02-14-2014, 06:14 PM
Hi ladies! Happy Valentine's Day! I lost 72lbs on MRC 2.5 years ago. I have kept it off, for the most part, but got off track lately and need a little tune up before swimsuit season. MRC changed my life, saved it really. In particular, these message boards were a life saver. Hope to get to know all of you better! My current favorite activities are loving on and riding my horse, Crossfit, and cooking. I re-enrolled yesterday and started preconditioning.

skelley331
02-14-2014, 09:45 PM
bombshellinprogress: Please don't feel sad, be glad that no one is trying to force treats on you. It's just another day and it's almost over! Take it one day at a time and try not to look any further, that's what is helping me this time. We are here for you! :hug:

selway: Woot Woot for you for resisting temptation!!! I'm having a good day today! Luckily my husband and I don't exchange gifts for valentines anymore, I'm just happy we have each other and our kids and grandkids, I let the grandkids enjoy the candies!!

hatethesweatpants: Welcome to the board, I just started pre-conditioning last sunday and start the yellow menu on Monday! I too did MRC and lost 35 lbs but last year got a little relaxed and gained about 19lbs but I'm on the road to my goal again! I love the support here on the forum, sometimes the board gets quiet so I'm hoping we all can keep it alive! goodluck with your journey!! :carrot:

geo56
02-14-2014, 10:33 PM
Good evening everyone!
Hate the sweat pants, good too hear from someone who had great success with MRC. I am on day 3 of the blue menu and like others I am sick of chicken. I was having second thoughts about this program until I stepped on the scale this am. Down another 1.5 lbs. I have a bad habit of weighing everyday. So I just resolved to learn how to cook more flavorful things that are on plan. When I lost my 80 lbs, I never did learn to cook healthy and went right back to my old habits. I had no problems with all the treats today. It is like someone rewired my brain! No cravings at all.
For those of you that have done this program before, any suggestions will be most welcome!
I guess I will be starting the green menu on Monday. I don't have it yet, is it much different?

bombshellinprogress
02-14-2014, 10:44 PM
I also start green menu on Monday:).

geo56
02-14-2014, 10:52 PM
Do you have it? What is different. I went for my weigh in last night and it was a young inexperienced girl and she didn't give it too me. I guess I will call my center in the morning and ask them.
Good luck!

bombshellinprogress
02-15-2014, 09:18 AM
I'm getting my green menu today:)

skelley331
02-15-2014, 10:12 AM
The green menu has a lot more choices. I'm down 3 lbs in one week!!! YAY!! I start yellow menu Monday!

Be strong everyone!! :carrot:

Here is your
:dust:

patzi
02-15-2014, 10:42 AM

I would suggest you speak to your consultant and maybe she can change some things around with the menu.. You are allowed just what is on the menu . I believe this menu is for day 5-10, and then you go on to the green menu. I am on maintenance now, and sometimes I forget what menu is what. I just pulled the menu up as I am talking to you. You can have beef once it says for lunch or supper. On the fish, you can have melba toast, you can grind that up and bread the fish and bake it. Maybe find different ways to cook the food. It is a short time, and then you go on to a wider menu .

But all in all, speak with your consultant if you are having a problem with this menu. They will suggest some things.

Patzi

patzi
02-15-2014, 10:44 AM
Hi ladies! Happy Valentine's Day! I lost 72lbs on MRC 2.5 years ago. I have kept it off, for the most part, but got off track lately and need a little tune up before swimsuit season. MRC changed my life, saved it really. In particular, these message boards were a life saver. Hope to get to know all of you better! My current favorite activities are loving on and riding my horse, Crossfit, and cooking. I re-enrolled yesterday and started preconditioning.

Hello....
So glad to see you ... Nice to see someone that was there when I was losing the weight. Good luck to you...

Patzi

skelley331
02-15-2014, 10:05 PM
Well it's Saturday night, and today was a good day until tonight, I ate off plan (the pre-conditioning that is) but no fret, will start back tomorrow then onto the yellow menu Monday! I'm not going to stress this time around, it doesn't help! Hope everyone is having a good weekend! :carrot:

geo56
02-15-2014, 11:30 PM
Good evening everyone!
Skelely331 good for you on your 3 lb loss!
Weekends have always been my weakness but so far so good! I have zero junk food in the house so that helps. Spent a good portion of the afternoon cooking a couple of recipes out of the cookbook. I made the turkey meatloaf, it was very good. So now I have enough left for a few days.
I had lunch out with friends at a Mexican restaurant and I did just fine. No chips and salsa!
Hope everyone had a productive day on plan!

hatethesweatpants
02-16-2014, 12:13 PM
Hello....
So glad to see you ... Nice to see someone that was there when I was losing the weight. Good luck to you...

Patzi

Thanks, Patzi! Hope you are well! And thanks, everyone, for the welcome. I know it can get old, boring and frustrating fast. Hope to be able to encourage all of you!

skelley331
02-17-2014, 07:14 AM
Good morning!

It's Monday and a new week. Had a pretty good weekend, didn't follow the pre-conditioning to the tee but today I start the yellow menu days 1-4 and this is when the lbs start to fall off along with the inches!! At least it did when I did this the first time! Super excited to actually start the plan and I'm praying that I can get thru it 100% this time!

The weekend seemed quiet on the forum, hope to hear from everyone today! :carrot:

bombshellinprogress
02-17-2014, 10:20 AM
Happy Monday everyone! I'm just not feeling it today. Not sure why. I weighed in at the center on Saturday and was down 4.5 in a week. Very excited about that but for some reason today I just wanna give in to temptation. I was very hungry yesterday and also this morning. I haven't cheated in the last two days by that much at all. I usually don't cheat but I had a few bites of white cheddar popcorn :^: I even had a fiber drink yesterday because I was so hungry.

AshleyRae
02-17-2014, 10:36 AM
My digital scale is hateful!!! I was so psyched to step on the scale this morning. My husband has been a great coach this weekend when I wanted to give in to temptation. I felt so hungry (mental, all mental), but I didn't cave. So, when I stepped on the scale and it showed a 5 pound loss, I was beyond thrilled. When I moved the scale to show Chris the readout, it jumped up not one, not two, not even three pounds, but EIGHT WHOLE POUNDS!
Guess who'll be shopping for an analog scale this evening.

skelley331
02-17-2014, 10:41 AM
Happy Monday everyone! I'm just not feeling it today. Not sure why. I weighed in at the center on Saturday and was down 4.5 in a week. Very excited about that but for some reason today I just wanna give in to temptation. I was very hungry yesterday and also this morning. I haven't cheated in the last two days by that much at all. I usually don't cheat but I had a few bites of white cheddar popcorn :^: I even had a fiber drink yesterday because I was so hungry.

Are you on the green menu now? If you are still hungry call your MRC center and talk to someone and they can adjust things for you.
AND WOOT WOOT on the big weight loss!!!

Lady67
02-17-2014, 10:41 AM
Congrats on the weight loss bombshell !!! very cool.

I find when I am very hungry will drink some warmer water and for whatever reason it helps!

I have had a tough couple of weeks... I am an emotional eater - and I just kicked my room-mate out of my house due to trust issues. Unfortunately I am now feeling major amounts of guilt - because this person is homeless now. But I am tryign to stay strong as he actually got into all my liquor and drank it,along with some lies etc. Some of the alcohol was sealed and I was keeping it for a special occasion. (like when I have finished my weight loss-or my parents anniversary)

I did better yesterday and am hoping/prayer I can do 100% again today.

Good luck everyone... I hope you have a fantastic day!

skelley331
02-17-2014, 10:42 AM
My digital scale is hateful!!! I was so psyched to step on the scale this morning. My husband has been a great coach this weekend when I wanted to give in to temptation. I felt so hungry (mental, all mental), but I didn't cave. So, when I stepped on the scale and it showed a 5 pound loss, I was beyond thrilled. When I moved the scale to show Chris the readout, it jumped up not one, not two, not even three pounds, but EIGHT WHOLE POUNDS!
Guess who'll be shopping for an analog scale this evening.

OMG, what kind of scale do you have? I use the health o meter scale and I've tried stepping off and back on thinking it might move down LOL but nope it stayed true to the first number. :carrot:

skelley331
02-17-2014, 10:43 AM
Congrats on the weight loss bombshell !!! very cool.

I find when I am very hungry will drink some warmer water and for whatever reason it helps!

I have had a tough couple of weeks... I am an emotional eater - and I just kicked my room-mate out of my house due to trust issues. Unfortunately I am now feeling major amounts of guilt - because this person is homeless now. But I am tryign to stay strong as he actually got into all my liquor and drank it,along with some lies etc. Some of the alcohol was sealed and I was keeping it for a special occasion. (like when I have finished my weight loss-or my parents anniversary)

I did better yesterday and am hoping/prayer I can do 100% again today.

Good luck everyone... I hope you have a fantastic day!

Stay strong, it's hard I know but if you can't trust someone you never will. :hug:

bombshellinprogress
02-17-2014, 11:15 AM
Ok so at work I did eat a miniature hershey's and although I do feel guilty I feel as though it hit the spot for something. Yes, I'm on green menu now so I'll give it another day or two and see how things go. Usually I'm better during the week so maybe things will straighten out and I'll be fine. Thanks to all of you for your support

AshleyRae
02-17-2014, 04:40 PM
OMG, what kind of scale do you have? I use the health o meter scale and I've tried stepping off and back on thinking it might move down LOL but nope it stayed true to the first number. :carrot:

I'm not sure of the brand, but I bought it from Target. If I get off and step back on, it usually fluctuates 1/2 a pound, but I couldn't believe when it went up 8 pounds simply by moving the silly thing a couple of inches. :?:

skelley331
02-17-2014, 05:25 PM
Ok so at work I did eat a miniature hershey's and although I do feel guilty I feel as though it hit the spot for something. Yes, I'm on green menu now so I'll give it another day or two and see how things go. Usually I'm better during the week so maybe things will straighten out and I'll be fine. Thanks to all of you for your support

I've been where you are and it's tough, I love the mini Hershey's bars! I'm just on day one of the yellow menu and it's 4:24 and I'm hungry so I'm waiting to get off at 5 so I can go home and fix supper. The first time I did this it wasn't this hard not sure why it is now.

selway
02-17-2014, 06:40 PM
Lady67 - sorry you are going through such a stressful time right now, that stinks. If there were trust issues, try not to feel guilty, you did the right thing. Hang in there!

Skelley331 - Hello yellow menu!!

AshleyRae - I would take that scale back if you still can!!

Bombshellinprogress - 4.5!!! That is awesome!!

geo56 - Congratulations on staying on plan at the Mexican restaurant. That would be tough for me! I am going to have to try the turkey meatloaf, that sounds good!

I weigh myself on Saturdays. I lost 4 pounds last week. I have had low energy the past two days. I am fighting off a cold (sore throat, etc.) so I'm sure that is it. It is an absolutely gorgeous day here in Idaho, blue sky and sunny! I was thinking some more about our conversations about getting bored of the chicken/fish, etc. On some plans, after a certain time, you can substitute the shakes or bars for meals (or parts of meals if it is lunch) a few days a week. Just something else to keep in mind :)

Everyone hang in there and have a good week, we can do this. It is encouraging to hear about everyone's results! You keep me motivated! Happy President's Day!

hatethesweatpants
02-17-2014, 06:51 PM

Hi there!
Sometimes when I've lost a ton in one week, that's when I have the hardest time staying on plan. It's like you relax a little bit. Hang in there! And remember, "no" is a muscle - gotta use it to make it stronger! :hug:

hatethesweatpants
02-17-2014, 06:52 PM
Pre-conditioning day 5. Feel great so far, but am really quite hungry between 3pm and dinner. Just hanging in there as best I can for now with lots of water! Looking forward to starting meta protein in a few days and adding HNS.

skelley331
02-17-2014, 09:14 PM
it's Monday night and 8:15 pm, First day of yellow menu did great thru the day but i feel like I'm starving!! I don't know what is going on but I'm going to call my MRC center tomorrow. I posted earlier that i never had this problem the first go around. I even did the 4 HNS's today which is the maximum you can have on the yellow menu but still didn't fill me up. :?:

bombshellinprogress
02-17-2014, 09:19 PM
I had two puddings (mrc) guess it's better than full sugared food....

selway
02-17-2014, 09:30 PM
hatethesweatpants - LOL, that is a great thing to keep in mind (brain is a muscle). Thank you!

geo56
02-17-2014, 10:38 PM
It must be something in the air! I was especially tired today! I finished up blue menu today and start green tomorrow. I was eating my lunch just fine today in the breakroom when somebody walked by with a pizza they just took out of the microwave. It smelled so good! But I know it is going to be a long, long time before I can have pizza again. I lost 1.5 lbs for a total of 6.5. :carrot:
Stay strong everyone!

skelley331
02-18-2014, 08:50 AM
Good morning!

Day two of the yellow menu, we'll see if today goes better than yesterday. If I start to get hungry mid-afternoon i'll check with the center to see what I need to do. You are only allowed up to 4 HNS's per day and I try to save one for the evening in case I'm hungry.

geo56: I think you're right its in the air , and it could be the blah weather we are having here in Indiana that's depressing. I'm so ready for spring and to get our motorhome ready for camping.:carrot::carrot: Oh congrats on your 1.5 lb loss

tennesseemom
02-18-2014, 09:57 AM
If I find I am STARVING I try to do the max 5 proteins, and also I do fibers in between. that seems to fill me up.

Lady67
02-18-2014, 10:18 AM
Happy Tuesday folks!

Was slightly hungry this morning when I got to work - left over from binging all weekend after the "issue"

I had a cup of hot tea with a 1/2 pkg of sweetener. Seems to be helping :)

Need to swallow more water too. The weather has given us a break in Iowa. It is supposed to get up to 57 today. high 40's low 50's tomorrow - but then rain turning ot snow on Thursday! Ah well, I will just count my blessing with our two day break.

I for one will admit to being sick and tired of winter this year. We were lucky - not a lot of snow. But we had to much cold!!

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

selway
02-18-2014, 12:06 PM
Happy Tuesday everyone!!

I was organizing a bunch of files last night getting ready for taxes and found my MRC yellow and blue menus! I don't remember why they started me on the beige instead of progressing through the yellow and blue - maybe because I started over 200 lbs? I am wondering if I should start over and do the yellow and blue menus or if since I have been on the beige for 3 weeks already just stay on that? Any advice?

Everyone have a great day and imagine blue skies!!

skelley331
02-18-2014, 12:37 PM
Happy Tuesday everyone!!

I was organizing a bunch of files last night getting ready for taxes and found my MRC yellow and blue menus! I don't remember why they started me on the beige instead of progressing through the yellow and blue - maybe because I started over 200 lbs? I am wondering if I should start over and do the yellow and blue menus or if since I have been on the beige for 3 weeks already just stay on that? Any advice?

Everyone have a great day and imagine blue skies!!

selway: I've never seen the beige menu, the yellow and blue are very strict, I'm on day two of the yellow menu and it's only about 807 calories and I'm hungry at the end of the day. I started at 177lbs

bombshellinprogress
02-18-2014, 02:10 PM
Good afternoon ladies! Hope you are all doing well and are fully satisfied today while staying on plan (because I know this is hard). My question would be to those who have been on the plan before and have rejoined. How hard is it to stick with this kinda eating and do you feel like you can do this type of diet for the rest of your life?

skelley331
02-18-2014, 02:58 PM
Good afternoon ladies! Hope you are all doing well and are fully satisfied today while staying on plan (because I know this is hard). My question would be to those who have been on the plan before and have rejoined. How hard is it to stick with this kinda eating and do you feel like you can do this type of diet for the rest of your life?

bombshellinprogress: this is my second go around, I lost 23 lbs the first time and gained 19 back before I started again. It is hard and no I don't see myself eating like this the rest of my life, but the reason I rejoined it so lose what I regained. At the end of the plan you go on stabilization for six weeks and that's when they add in a certain type of food each week, and this is how you find your trigger foods, I didn't do that part so that is another reason for doing this. Once you find your trigger foods it will be easier to follow. When you hit your goal weight and start maintenance then you pretty much follow the foods from the pre-conditioning list but with a few new foods and calorie count. I hope this helps.

I'm struggling with the plan this time and I don't know why. I'm on day two of the yellow menu and I can't seem to stay focused.

bombshellinprogress
02-18-2014, 04:14 PM
I actually liked the preconditioning menu but not until about the 4th day or so. I went thru detox bad so once the sugar and carb cravings left I learned to really enjoy it. I'm on green menu now and I'm still struggling with being hungry. I'm getting bored with not being able to eat with others are eating and having to weigh things all of the time. I don't mind the foods I'm eating I just want to eat more of them and then have snacks. I have the max limit on the protein drinks per day and I get my water in so I'm not sure what else I can do. I also drink the fiber drinks as well

skelley331
02-18-2014, 04:22 PM
I actually liked the preconditioning menu but not until about the 4th day or so. I went thru detox bad so once the sugar and carb cravings left I learned to really enjoy it. I'm on green menu now and I'm still struggling with being hungry. I'm getting bored with not being able to eat with others are eating and having to weigh things all of the time. I don't mind the foods I'm eating I just want to eat more of them and then have snacks. I have the max limit on the protein drinks per day and I get my water in so I'm not sure what else I can do. I also drink the fiber drinks as well

Oh I completely understand, I did the same thing, I did the max HNS's and got bored also. I've done all the weighing already and I actually use myfitnesspal to log all my foods and I've been doing that now for 610 days, so I kinda know how much I need to put on my plate. When I was on the green menu I kinda didn't stick to the exact foods, if I ate off plan then I wouldn't eat as much the next couple of days, just so I could enjoy eating other foods. The biggest problem with doing this is that you are really eating low carb and low sugar and then when you start adding back the foods during stabilization which are carb foods you have to be careful. That is why I gained my 19lbs back because I'm so carb sensitive now after doing the plan that if I eat pasta I gain like 3lbs the next day, but I found a low carb pasta at Kroger to die for so I can eat that once I get my weight back off.

bombshellinprogress
02-18-2014, 04:32 PM
Carbs are definetly the enemy.....

skelley331
02-18-2014, 05:13 PM
Carbs are definetly the enemy.....

Totally agree!:devil:

hatethesweatpants
02-18-2014, 06:40 PM

I lost 72lbs 2 years ago and was waaaay too thin. Gleefully gained about 15 back through exercise and high protein. Then, sort of lost it the last year and gained 15 more, so I'm looking to lose 20. I find that if I stick with a paleo style diet - heavy on lean meats, veggies, fruit and root veggies and very low on sugar, dairy, refined flour, I can keep the weight off without an issue. When I start eating too much icky stuff and drinking too much beer :o , it piles back on. So, not these menus per se, but definitely not back to the old way of eating. I'm also determined to stay in my 5lb range. I wasn't sure what weight I wanted to be, so I wasn't worried about gain, until it was too much! :dizzy: I'm also super active, so that helps buffer the gain a little, but I most definitely cannot eat whatever I want.

Had my first weigh in today and lost 2.5 in my first 5 days of preconditioning. Start phase 1 of meta protein tomorrow and phase 2 on Friday.

bombshellinprogress
02-18-2014, 08:31 PM
2.5 pounds is great!!! Way to go!!!

skelley331
02-18-2014, 08:53 PM
I lost 72lbs 2 years ago and was waaaay too thin. Gleefully gained about 15 back through exercise and high protein. Then, sort of lost it the last year and gained 15 more, so I'm looking to lose 20. I find that if I stick with a paleo style diet - heavy on lean meats, veggies, fruit and root veggies and very low on sugar, dairy, refined flour, I can keep the weight off without an issue. When I start eating too much icky stuff and drinking too much beer :o , it piles back on. So, not these menus per se, but definitely not back to the old way of eating. I'm also determined to stay in my 5lb range. I wasn't sure what weight I wanted to be, so I wasn't worried about gain, until it was too much! :dizzy: I'm also super active, so that helps buffer the gain a little, but I most definitely cannot eat whatever I want.

Had my first weigh in today and lost 2.5 in my first 5 days of preconditioning. Start phase 1 of meta protein tomorrow and phase 2 on Friday.

hatethesweatpants:
congrats on 2.5 lbs, I only lost 1.5 lbs in 6 days on preconditioning. What is the meta protein?

skelley331
02-18-2014, 08:56 PM
Well praise the lord today has actually been a great day! Day two on yellow menu and I was struggling yesterday and this morning, but it's not 8pm and I'm full from dinner and I didn't eat off plan today at all! I called the center and the manager suggested that I drink my HNS's that I usually have with dinner later in the evening and it worked! Yay!!!!! I weigh in Thursday and start the blue menu so I'm hoping to be down at least 2lbs or more!!! :carrot:
Maybe it just took my body a little longer to get with the program!!!

hatethesweatpants
02-18-2014, 09:07 PM
hatethesweatpants:
congrats on 2.5 lbs, I only lost 1.5 lbs in 6 days on preconditioning. What is the meta protein?

Bit higher in protein and fat, lower in carbs, for freaks like me that love to lift crap loads of weights over our heads. :strong: ;)

hatethesweatpants
02-18-2014, 09:09 PM
Well praise the lord today has actually been a great day! Day two on yellow menu and I was struggling yesterday and this morning, but it's not 8pm and I'm full from dinner and I didn't eat off plan today at all! I called the center and the manager suggested that I drink my HNS's that I usually have with dinner later in the evening and it worked! Yay!!!!! I weigh in Thursday and start the blue menu so I'm hoping to be down at least 2lbs or more!!! :carrot:

Yay great news! Little adjustments can make a big difference. :carrot:

skelley331
02-18-2014, 09:15 PM
Bit higher in protein and fat, lower in carbs, for freaks like me that love to lift crap loads of weights over our heads. :strong: ;)

I wish I could get motivated to do weights so I can tighten up my legs and arms, I tried a few times but always tend to give up. You look amazing.

hatethesweatpants
02-18-2014, 09:44 PM
I wish I could get motivated to do weights so I can tighten up my legs and arms, I tried a few times but always tend to give up. You look amazing.

I absolutely love it - especially barbell lifting. It's kept me motivated for two years. It's slow progress, but so satisfying.

skelley331
02-18-2014, 09:48 PM
I absolutely love it - especially barbell lifting. It's kept me motivated for two years. It's slow progress, but so satisfying.

I might have to try to get back into it.

geo56
02-19-2014, 10:57 AM
Good morning!
I went to connection class at my center last night. I really enjoyed it and learned a lot about emotional eating and more about the way the program works. Jane, our director has lost 168 lbs doing this. She said it is important to eat what the menu tells you and when so you achieve the chemical balance that is so important to weight loss. She also said if you eat something off plan it takes 9 meals to get this out of your system and get back into weigh loss mode. This was a revelation to me and makes you think twice when you are tempted to eat off plan.
I am on vacation the rest of the week and plan on trying several recipes in the cookbook so I don't get bored.
Have a great day!

skelley331
02-19-2014, 12:39 PM
Good morning!
I went to connection class at my center last night. I really enjoyed it and learned a lot about emotional eating and more about the way the program works. Jane, our director has lost 168 lbs doing this. She said it is important to eat what the menu tells you and when so you achieve the chemical balance that is so important to weight loss. She also said if you eat something off plan it takes 9 meals to get this out of your system and get back into weigh loss mode. This was a revelation to me and makes you think twice when you are tempted to eat off plan.
I am on vacation the rest of the week and plan on trying several recipes in the cookbook so I don't get bored.
Have a great day!

That's some good information to know, I couldn't make my connection class, but my counselor explained it all to me.

selway
02-19-2014, 01:32 PM
Geo56 - I had read the same thing and it keeps me motivated to stay on plan. I had heard 3-4 days to get back into ketosis. 3-4 DAYS of clean eating to recover from one indiscretion. Have a great vacation!

Skelley331 - Great job mastering the yellow menu!

Hatethesweatpants - I'm glad that MRC has a menu that fits your active lifestyle!!

raven59, bsbarlow, faerychic - are you still with us?? :)

geo56
02-19-2014, 03:01 PM
I wish we had a like button! Lol....

bombshellinprogress
02-19-2014, 03:09 PM
So what if we only have a bite of something off plan...does it still take that long to get back into fat burning mode?

Lady67
02-19-2014, 04:14 PM

woohoo!! I know you can do this Skelley! You have the willpower to succeed!!! :D

Lady67
02-19-2014, 04:26 PM
So what if we only have a bite of something off plan...does it still take that long to get back into fat burning mode?

I can't speak to ketosis, as I am on a diff plan through MRC, but my counselor told me that even if I ate just a mini Milky Way it would take 4 days for the sugar cravings to get out of my system.

skelley331
02-19-2014, 05:02 PM

Well I'm not sure I agree with that, I started the yellow menu on Monday and every day I have had a 12oz skinny mocha but it has a lot of protein and some fiber and not much sugar and I've lost as of today I've lost 1.5 lbs in two days. :carrot: I weigh in tomorrow so i'll see how it goes.

bombshellinprogress
02-19-2014, 05:18 PM
Have any of you felt fatigued while on the program? I was working out like 4 days a week doing weights and turbo kick. Now I don't even feel like going and when I did weights on Monday I kinda felt like I was running on fumes.....

patzi
02-19-2014, 06:16 PM
Have any of you felt fatigued while on the program? I was working out like 4 days a week doing weights and turbo kick. Now I don't even feel like going and when I did weights on Monday I kinda felt like I was running on fumes.....

I did not feel fatigued while on program.

Patzi

skelley331
02-19-2014, 10:15 PM

I was told not to do a lot of vigorous workouts while on the program, I walk like 10-15 mins a day and that's all! I don't feel fatigued, I actually feel much better, more energetic and sleep better at night.

hatethesweatpants
02-20-2014, 09:03 AM

Yes. I work out like you, and the first couple of weeks back, I see stars when exercising. :dizzy::dizzy: It takes a while for the bod to realize it doesn't have immediate glycogen stores to access. It has to work a lot harder to process protein and fat for energy. Hang in there and let yourself off the hook a little. I listen to my body. Heavy exercise needs fuel, and these menus aren't terrific for that - I've backed off intensity-wise for the time being, knowing in the end I will be able to go back stronger than ever at my goal weight. I even found that sometimes my body holds onto weight if I overdo it while on these menus. Good luck!

hatethesweatpants
02-20-2014, 09:06 AM
I can't speak to ketosis, as I am on a diff plan through MRC, but my counselor told me that even if I ate just a mini Milky Way it would take 4 days for the sugar cravings to get out of my system.

I'm not sure if it's chemical, but I definitely battle my brain more if I eat something off plan. When I'm on plan, I'm focused...like a robot LOL! I just say "NO NO NO" to off plan items. The minute I give myself permission once, I seem to find a million excuses to eat off plan. It's easier for me not to have to make a decision while I'm trying to lose- that's why I'm back to MRC. Good luck!

skelley331
02-20-2014, 11:05 AM
Yahoo!!!🏁 weighed in and lost 2 lbs:carrot:

bombshellinprogress
02-20-2014, 11:06 AM
hatethesweatpants: So good to know that someone else has experienced fatigue like I have. I was beginning to think that something might be wrong with me. I really miss doing my turbo kick classes but I just don't think my body is ready for that much intensity at this point. I am so ready for bed at night too just like when I used to work out heavily so that is a nice part of it, again I just felt like that was another fatigued part of it that concerned me a little.

selway
02-20-2014, 11:52 AM
Skelley331 - WOOT WOOT on the 2 lbs!!! That is awesome!

bombshellinprogress and hatethesweatpants - I am finding that I am having to really push myself to get through a workout too. I don't remember being this tired the last time I was on the program and I did P90X last time. I am doing Jillian Michael's Body Revolution now. I tried adding 30 minutes of elliptical/day last week also and I'm wondering if that was too much exercise. I was really struggling not to eat "just a little more protein" (is what I told myself) at dinner. hatethesweatpants - thanks for the new way to think about it. Absolutely makes sense now!

Everyone have a great, on plan, day!!

AshleyRae
02-20-2014, 03:08 PM
I've been on my mom's case to join MRC since I did the program in 2011, but she never did. Now that I'm trying to lose the baby weight and could really use an accountability partner, she has decided to sign up. So, I rejoined, too, instead of doing it on my own. I didn't realize there had been such great changes to the menu since 2011! I'm crazy excited to see how well mom does :) We both signed up for the 17-week program just for consistency and we'll start the dreaded yellow and blue menus next Saturday. Even though she's not on this forum...GO MOM! YOU'LL DO GREAT!!!

hatethesweatpants
02-20-2014, 03:09 PM
S
bombshellinprogress and hatethesweatpants - I am finding that I am having to really push myself to get through a workout too. I don't remember being this tired the last time I was on the program and I did P90X last time. I am doing Jillian Michael's Body Revolution now. I tried adding 30 minutes of elliptical/day last week also and I'm wondering if that was too much exercise. I was really struggling not to eat "just a little more protein" (is what I told myself) at dinner. hatethesweatpants - thanks for the new way to think about it. Absolutely makes sense now!

Everyone have a great, on plan, day!!

Another thing that could be going on is Vitamin D deficiency...most of us live in a place where we are not getting enough sunshine. When I take a high quality, high dose Vit D (from health food store), my energy level is MUCH higher. MRC6 helps as well.

hatethesweatpants
02-20-2014, 03:10 PM
I've been on my mom's case to join MRC since I did the program in 2011, but she never did. Now that I'm trying to lose the baby weight and could really use an accountability partner, she has decided to sign up. So, I rejoined, too, instead of doing it on my own. I didn't realize there had been such great changes to the menu since 2011! I'm crazy excited to see how well mom does :) We both signed up for the 17-week program just for consistency and we'll start the dreaded yellow and blue menus next Saturday. Even though she's not on this forum...GO MOM! YOU'LL DO GREAT!!!

Hey Ashley! I recognize you from my last go-round! Good luck - you guys can do it! :hug:

skelley331
02-20-2014, 08:44 PM
Okay so pre-conditioning: Check
yellow menu: Check
Starting tomorrow: Blue Menu
Then next Thursday: Green Menu here I come!!!
Gosh it seems to be going fast!
Next weigh in Friday 2/28!!!:carrot:

Lady67
02-21-2014, 03:53 PM

Very cool that your mom has joined your trek! I am doing this with my sister and she has lost over 80 lbs on MRC :D

Lady67
02-21-2014, 03:56 PM
woot! congrats skelley!!!

Well happy Friday everyone! :D:D

After the ex-husband issue and the ex-bf issue of last week, I finally had to tell myself that I want to loose the next 35 more than I want that brownie or that milkyway!

so, here I go........ I have been on plan all day and I plan on staying on plan the rest of the day.....

selway
02-21-2014, 04:48 PM
Go AshleyRae and AshleyRae's mom!!! You can do it!!

Skelley331 - goodbye yellow! Just from looking at it, that seems like the toughest one. Great job!

Lady67 - Wow, sounds like you've had some junk to deal with. Good job being on plan all day. I know during my "dark days" I definitely turned to food for comfort - something that I am learning to change.

Happy Friday everyone! I weigh in on Saturdays. When I hit my first 25 lbs gone, I am treating myself to a pedicure. I've only had 2 that I can think of, so this is a treat for me. I am hoping that I hit this mark tomorrow! I have been working the plan all week - except that I didn't realize how many carbs are in lemon and lime juice. I cook my chicken and tilapia with them often and will have to find other alternatives!

I hope everyone has a great day and a great, on plan, weekend!

skelley331
02-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Hello everyone: Happy Friday and looking forward to the weekend, I've got it all planned out for my blue menu!!! :carrot: Going to the boat sport and travel show and whitetail deer expo tomorrow so I'm taking my little cooler with water and my hns's and will have it all ready!!!

Welcome Ashley Rae and your mom!!!

Lady67: Good for you, you can do this!!

tractorbeam
02-22-2014, 01:08 AM
Hi, I'm a newbie.

Thank you all for your stories. They are helpful and inspiring. I just finished preconditioning and started the beige menu today. I lost 4 pounds this week during preconditioning. It wasn't easy. I had mild headaches the first few days and was tired. Yesterday, I would've killed someone for a cheeseburger. But everyday it gets easier, I think. I see a lot of you craving chocolate, but all I'm craving is red meat. It's crazy!

I hope to become an active member of this board because I surely need encouragement. I've never tried any kind of diet like this before, so it's been an interesting week. And I am already tired of chicken! Anyway, just wanted to say hi! and you are not alone. :wave:

selway
02-22-2014, 02:07 AM
Tractorbeam - welcome!!! It sounds like you rocked preconditioning!! I'm on the beige menu too. After looking at the blue and yellow menus, I think we're lucky - a lot more choices.

Off to bed, but wanted to say hi. Have a great weekend!

patzi
02-22-2014, 08:04 AM
I forgot to report my maintenance weigh in.

I weighed in and am still 5 pounds under goal, so am happy with that.

I still weigh in every week or every other week. I need this to keep on tract and I still journal every day everything I eat and drink.

Welcome tractorteam and ashley rae and mom

Skelley.. you have it together .. Cooler and HNS.. I have a weekend with festivites and I have my cooler and HNS ready to go.. It can be done.

Lady 67, you can stay on plan. I know you can do it. Issues sure do get in the way of our mind and food. Have been there.

Yesterday, was waiting to hear about daughter's biopsy, and thank God it was good, but in old days would have eaten everything in house and more, but I guess with the new me, I don't do that anymore, and is it easy, no, but it can be done.

If I forgot to say welcome to a newbie, or forgot to congratulate someone, not intentional. It is amazing what I miss when not on every day.

Have a great weekend, stay on plan and think thin.

Patzi

geo56
02-22-2014, 09:14 AM
Good morning!
I am on the green menu. I was just curious what the difference is between green and beige. Is anyone familiar with both of them?
I am ok with the green menu, I just wish I could have a fruit and starch for breakfast!
Good job everyone.
Keep the focus this weekend. I will be going out tomorrow for an early birthday dinner. I was thinking Red Lobster and getting grilled fish of some kind and double order of broccoli. My family knows I don't want any kind of cake.
Have a great day!

selway
02-22-2014, 10:09 AM
Geo56 - the green and beige menus (at least the ones I have) are essentially the same foods, just 6 oz of protein for lunch and dinner instead of 4 oz. The beige is for people over 200 lbs and then we switch to green when we get below that. There may be other circumstances why people are on beige - but that's what I know.

Ugh! I just got on the scale and only lost one pound last week! I know any loss is good, I'm just surprised. Oh well.

tractorbeam
02-22-2014, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the welcome!

Can I just drink the HNS with my meal? I live 45 minutes away from the nearest center, so I weigh-in once a week. I always have the most random questions that I can never remember when I'm actually at the center.

My starting weight was 227.5. My paperwork says I'm on the Meta-slim program. I've never been skinny or small, so I'm shooting for 160.

geo56
02-22-2014, 01:27 PM
Selway, thanks for the clarification. I just squeeked under the 200 lb when I started the green menu.
Tractorbeam, I am under the understanding that you have to drink a HNS with breakfast and lunch so the ratio of carbs to protein will be correct. It is optional to have one midmorning. I have my creamy hns after supper. I am on the green menu. Hope this helps.

bombshellinprogress
02-22-2014, 09:51 PM
I got my 10 pound stone today!! joined February 2nd and I'm down 11.5 lbs and 17.5 inches!!!! So happy!!

geo56
02-22-2014, 10:42 PM
Congratulations bombshellinprogress! Great job! Hopefully I wont be too far behind you! I am on vacation so I missed my second weigh in. I joined Feb 3rd.
Let's keep it going!

selway
02-22-2014, 11:12 PM
Bombshellinprogress - Congratulations!!!!

I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

patzi
02-23-2014, 09:13 AM
Bombshellinprogress...

Great report of weight loss. Be proud of yourself and keep up the good work.

Patzi

hatethesweatpants
02-23-2014, 10:43 AM
Tractorbeam - Welcome! You can do this. Proud of you for your courage to begin! I remember those first cravings. You'll get through it, promise.

Bombshellinprogress - woo hoo!!!

Patzi- so glad you got good biopsy news. :)

I weighed in yesterday - officially down 5.5 in first week. 15 to go!

nikkismom
02-23-2014, 11:34 AM
I started with MRC a few weeks back and got off to a rocky start. I did the conditioning menu and really like it. I was supposed to go for the nutrition class the following Friday to get my next menu. I had to cancel because I couldn't leave work. Same thing happened the following 2 weeks. I asked if I could just come in one evening and get my new menu and was told I really needed to go to the nutrition class and just stay on conditioning menu. I finally called and told them I was very frustrated and didn't see how I could make this work. They set an appointment for a one-on-one. I was handed a menu which was explained briefly and the rest of the hour was spent going over all of the supplements they sell :( Good news is, I lost 6 lbs during those three weeks and have lost 2 more this week! Now that that is all behind me, I feel excited to finally be on plan :) Sorry such a long post but glad to have found a new support system here.

tractorbeam
02-23-2014, 12:47 PM
Nikkismom, I hate that you're feeling frustrated. Luckily, the women at my center are super nice and don't really push all the stuff they're selling. I did buy the big 3, but I wish I hadn't bought the Enhancer. It makes me feel weird, so I only tried it once. I started 2/14 so we're on a similar schedule. I don't really utilize the center resources because I live 45 minutes away. This forum has been invaluable for recipe ideas and general information. Good luck and let's fight to stay on track!

nikkismom
02-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Thanks tractorbeam! I did buy the big 3 and have used them from day one and they really seem to help. My counselor didn't really push any supplements on me but I'm sure it's her job to go over all of them. I noticed in the paperwork that they sent me home with that it says to check ketones daily but she didn't go over that with me. Is that important? I'll ask her tomorrow but was just wondering how many here do that.

tractorbeam
02-23-2014, 01:45 PM
I don't know anything about the ketones. I'm sure someone here does though.

selway
02-23-2014, 02:59 PM
nikkismom - I check ketones. I hope I explain it correctly - but it essentially checks to see if your body is burning fat instead of sugar for energy. Mine only work when I test first thing in the morning because I drink a gallon of water a day. I bought the sticks at the pharmacy and they are only good for 6 months after initial exposure to air (if they come in a bottle). They are not the absolute measure to see if you are burning fat - I have read a lot about the Ketostix and they don't work if you aren't spilling excess ketones (ex. exercise is using them, etc.). Some people that are losing large amounts of weight don't ever get a response. So - just wanted to give you the pros/cons of the test. Why do I test? I don't know - I guess it gives me some reassurance.

I just watched a fascinating show on weight loss and one of the segments talked about your body being in the best fat burning mode (hormones in balance). It talked about sleep, pain, etc. and how they impact hormones. I had a lot of back pain last week and couldn't even sit down for more than a few minutes Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I am now wondering if that had something to do with my low weight loss last week. Good incentive to get that pain fixed ASAP!! The show talked about taking care of your adrenals, liver, thyroid and pancreas for your best health and best weight loss. The take home message was that taking care of your organs is more important in weight loss than exercising and/or restricting calories. Very interesting. I have never really looked into homeopathic medicine/remedies, but I am going to get some books from the library and read up on it!

skelley331
02-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Hi all!
Well my weekend went pretty good, stayed on plan except for Saturday evening, we went to the boat sport and travel show and I took my HNS's and stayed on plan all day, for dinner we went to Olive Garden and I ate a salad and soup along with two breadsticks with alfredo sauce, still stayed under 1000 calories ( I log all my foods on my fitness pal) so I think i'll still be fine, I didn't pig out. Back on plan sunday and I don't wieigh in until Friday so I'm hoping for good results. It's nice to see so many people on here!!

Welcome nikkismom
Welcome tractorbeam
Congrats to bombshellinprogress
patzi you're the rock!! congrats on staying under goal

ShadowKat
02-23-2014, 10:25 PM
So I'm new to MRC and 3FatChicks and after a post I made wondering about the overall program @skelley331 recommended I hop to this thread for more answers. A big question I have is what do you do after the one year maintenance: are you done or is there something else to continue with that is more money? If there is someone who had great results with MRC, left after the maintenance was over and kept it off, I would love to talk to you.

skelley331
02-24-2014, 07:26 AM
So I'm new to MRC and 3FatChicks and after a post I made wondering about the overall program @skelley331 recommended I hop to this thread for more answers. A big question I have is what do you do after the one year maintenance: are you done or is there something else to continue with that is more money? If there is someone who had great results with MRC, left after the maintenance was over and kept it off, I would love to talk to you.

After the one year maintenance you can still go to the center to weigh in and buy products if you like without spending more money except for products. See all the posts on here by patzi, she is our rock because she's been maintaining for a few years and has kept it off. :carrot:

ShadowKat
02-24-2014, 12:20 PM
Wow...you weren't kidding. It almost seems that if you don't stay on the MRC diet the rest of your life then you will gain everything back, even if you continue to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

skelley331
02-24-2014, 12:29 PM
Wow...you weren't kidding. It almost seems that if you don't stay on the MRC diet the rest of your life then you will gain everything back, even if you continue to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Yes pretty much, they do wean you off of the HNS's and all supplements but they do like you to stay on the multi vitamin and oils, a lot of people on here take their own vitamins. But yes you have to maintain this lifestyle of eating. I didn't and gained it back quick.

ShadowKat
02-24-2014, 04:40 PM
Do you let yourself splurge every now and then or add more flavor to your food? I was pretty conscious about my eating beforehand but I needed a boost to get back on track due to a change in lifestyle that left me with not much to do with my time and lots of boredom eating. I know this will work for me because I have done similar things but if I have to keep my food so bland or have a pizza once in awhile I will probably go insane.

skelley331
02-25-2014, 10:23 AM
Day Four on the blue menu and I fell off last night, had a nutty bar and some chips :devil::devil:
Back on plan today, like they say one day at a time.

:dizzy::dizzy:

AshleyRae
02-25-2014, 11:13 AM
Do you let yourself splurge every now and then or add more flavor to your food? I was pretty conscious about my eating beforehand but I needed a boost to get back on track due to a change in lifestyle that left me with not much to do with my time and lots of boredom eating. I know this will work for me because I have done similar things but if I have to keep my food so bland or have a pizza once in awhile I will probably go insane.

When I did this in 2011, I didn't technically make it to maintenance...at least, not where my center wanted me to be. The program has changed now, so you can go into maintenance when you're happy with your weight. I was thrilled where I was (a healthy BMI, though at the top end of it for my height), so I didn't re-up with MRC. I never formally received maintenance training, but I kept on with the eating plan. I was already accustomed to it and knew it by heart, but I would "stray" occasionally on the weekends - nothing too crazy, just a couple pieces of pizza or cake here and there. I was able to maintain my weight for 2 years until pregnancy. And, truly, it may sound cliche, but after completing 17 weeks of proper eating, you'll feel pretty rotten if you go off-plan too much. So, super-long story short, yes, you can have pizza and still maintain your goal weight once you're there :)

bombshellinprogress
02-25-2014, 12:34 PM
Happy Tuesday ladies! How are all of you beauties doing?

skelley331
02-25-2014, 01:30 PM
When I did this in 2011, I didn't technically make it to maintenance...at least, not where my center wanted me to be. The program has changed now, so you can go into maintenance when you're happy with your weight. I was thrilled where I was (a healthy BMI, though at the top end of it for my height), so I didn't re-up with MRC. I never formally received maintenance training, but I kept on with the eating plan. I was already accustomed to it and knew it by heart, but I would "stray" occasionally on the weekends - nothing too crazy, just a couple pieces of pizza or cake here and there. I was able to maintain my weight for 2 years until pregnancy. And, truly, it may sound cliche, but after completing 17 weeks of proper eating, you'll feel pretty rotten if you go off-plan too much. So, super-long story short, yes, you can have pizza and still maintain your goal weight once you're there :)

AshleyRae: I totally agree, I didn't actually make it to maintenance either, I was happy at my weight when my weeks were up. But unfortunately after six months I got to lazy. Now I'm back at it but I'm still not able to stay on plan 100%, I'm probably at 99% even on the blue menu, but I do feel better, sleep better, etc.:carrot:

patzi
02-25-2014, 01:37 PM

I have been on maintenance for over three years, and I join every year, when there is a sale going on maintenance plan and last sale was $79.00 for the year.. I weigh in every week or every other week. I do not need to do this, but I find I need the accountability.. I am still 5 pounds under goal.. Sale before the last one, I got for $59.00 for year I am signed up to March, 2015.

Patzi

hatethesweatpants
02-25-2014, 06:44 PM

I think the point of MRC is to teach us how we should be eating, most of the time. When you start maintenance and it's not so restrictive, you'll see. Anyone who regularly eats crap will gain weight, so don't plan on ever going back there if you want to keep the weight off. But, eating healthy, well balanced meals (lean protein, fat, carb) with occasional treats and meals off plan will keep you feeling and looking at your best! Exercise helps, too. I love beer, so I exercise like a fiend. :dizzy:

hatethesweatpants
02-25-2014, 06:47 PM
Happy Tuesday ladies! How are all of you beauties doing?

Ready for spring, but other than that, it's a great day! How bout you?? :hug:

cmb9697
02-25-2014, 09:09 PM
Went through the program all the way through maintenance in 2009-2010 and lost 43 pounds. Since then I deployed overseas, got injured and couldn't maintain and Gained it ALL back. So here I am... Starting over, without signing up or buying their HNS. Instead I ordered a bunch of stuff,from diet direct. Going to be a long road, but definitely worth the work!

ShadowKat
02-25-2014, 09:23 PM
Glad to hear that it's not a forever program after maintenance. I don't want to go back to old habits, but I don't want to be afraid to have ravioli the next time I go to Olive Garden lol. I also love beer (and other types of fun drinks) so exercise is necessary now that my energy levels are getting back to being stable. During pre-con it was brutal. Weighed in today after the week of pre-con and I'm down 5lbs. Probably all water weight but it's still very encouraging.

patzi
02-26-2014, 08:17 AM
Wishing everyone a great day...

I had maintenance weigh in yesterday and maintained, 5 pounds under goal.

Wishing y'all a great day. Nice to see so many people posting.

Patzi

bombshellinprogress
02-26-2014, 10:29 AM
That's so awesome Patzi!! :carrot: I have been at the exact same weight now for 3 or 4 days and have followed the plan 100%. I did have a resistance training class on Monday that was pretty intense. Do you ladies think that may be the reason?

hatethesweatpants
02-26-2014, 10:42 AM
That's so awesome Patzi!! :carrot: I have been at the exact same weight now for 3 or 4 days and have followed the plan 100%. I did have a resistance training class on Monday that was pretty intense. Do you ladies think that may be the reason?

If you're sore, your muscles could definitely be retaining water. This happened to me this week as well. Drink lots of water and make sure and get your vitamin b - I love MRC6. Also, weight loss for me is never linear. I lose like crazy for 4-5 days, then stay the same for a few days, then see another big drop. It's almost never .5lbs a day or something wonderful like that. ;)

bombshellinprogress
02-26-2014, 10:53 AM
Sometimes I go for days down a pound each morning. I just get frustrated when I get stuck on a certain weight right down to the ounce and stay there for days. It seems like that the days I'm not stuck, I lose a pound per day.

tractorbeam
02-26-2014, 03:19 PM
I didn't buy any of the creamy supplements at my last visit. Most of the recipes in the recipe thread call for the creamy tomato supplement or chicken something supplement. I've been very strict about following the menu and haven't gone off-plan, but would like to try something other than just chicken and veggies. Do any of you know/use alternatives to the supplements?

twinkletoes75
02-26-2014, 03:42 PM
I too have lost weight only to regain during maintenance... I have re-enrolled again to take off the weight that I gained back. I am having the hardest time with coffee creamer and not using it... Any suggestions? Has anyone used the sugar-free kind and still lost weight?

selway
02-26-2014, 04:21 PM
AARRRGH! I just typed a long forum post and I guess it was too long because my computer must have timed me out or something and it was lost. So, I have been home the last two days with sick kids, but am back at work today. I am taking the week off of exercising to see if my back feels better - or at least I will ask my chiropractor today if that will help or hurt me. I ate three tiny goldfish crackers yesterday while making lunches and knocked myself out of ketosis - so stupid and frustrating.

Patzi - you are amazing. Thank you for the continued wisdom and inspiration.

skelley331 - one day at a time!

sweatpants/bombshell - I hope I am retaining water from sore muscles. I have had a scale slowdown also. Thanks for the Vitamin B reminder.

Everyone have a great, on plan, Wednesday!!

skelley331
02-26-2014, 05:04 PM
selway: Don't beat yourself up, I ate off plan last week and still lost 2lbs. I finished the blue menu today and start the green tomorrow, so glad I get to start eating more varieties of foods! I don't weigh in until Friday morning!!! But I'm feeling good so we'll see.

Also I'm not sure why they say we get knocked out of ketosis, because as long as you are eating low carbs your body burns your fat first anyway. Hmmm?

ShadowKat
02-26-2014, 06:08 PM
selway: Don't beat yourself up, I ate off plan last week and still lost 2lbs. I finished the blue menu today and start the green tomorrow, so glad I get to start eating more varieties of foods! I don't weigh in until Friday morning!!! But I'm feeling good so we'll see.

Also I'm not sure why they say we get knocked out of ketosis, because as long as you are eating low carbs your body burns your fat first anyway. Hmmm?

Thanks for this Skelley. I researched ketosis awhile back while I was training with a friend of mine and there is nothing to suggest that one slip up or small cheat once in awhile throws it off. I think they tell you that to scare you into sticking on plan to lessen the chances of constant slips and up your results. It's understandable but it's also a bit...scarring. If I hadn't known about it beforehand, I'd probably beat myself up constantly if I went off plan.

geo56
02-26-2014, 08:06 PM
I too have lost weight only to regain during maintenance... I have re-enrolled again to take off the weight that I gained back. I am having the hardest time with coffee creamer and not using it... Any suggestions? Has anyone used the sugar-free kind and still lost weight?

I use the creamy vanilla pudding powder in my coffee. Just a good sprinkle does the trick. You do have to stir it really good to get it to dissolve completely. Just this little bit doesn't count against your one creamy supplement. This is per my center. Hope this helps!

newlady
02-27-2014, 07:21 AM
Hello I have started the program and very excited. My center is in Panama City Florida and Jane is my go to person and I cannot say enough about her she is GREAT. I had gastric bypass 12 years ago lost a lot tuned 50 and have been battling ever since. Tried a lot but remember this one from years ago and thought I would try again. Corti trim I love it wow my stress is so way down and I take the MR6. My scales says I'm down 6lbs in three days. Love that this sight is here love to join you for support and love hearing all the stories. Good luck

bombshellinprogress
02-27-2014, 10:12 AM
Ugh my weight is still the exact same and it's been 5 days now:( I have not worked out since Monday and yesterday I drowned myself in water. I'm getting very discouraged because I have followed the plan 100%. Anyone have any insight?

skelley331
02-27-2014, 10:31 AM
Ugh my weight is still the exact same and it's been 5 days now:( I have not worked out since Monday and yesterday I drowned myself in water. I'm getting very discouraged because I have followed the plan 100%. Anyone have any insight?

Which menu are you on? You might want to talk to your center they can give you some direction. Could you maybe be holding water?

bombshellinprogress
02-27-2014, 11:09 AM
I'm on green menu and have been for a few weeks.

skelley331
02-27-2014, 11:36 AM

Hmmm, I just started the green menu today! I go weigh in tomorrow. I remember when I did this the first go around on the green menu I stalled out and they had me back off one of my HNS drinks, but check with your center or call them today and they can help you over the phone.

bombshellinprogress
02-27-2014, 12:06 PM
I've only been doing 2 HNS per day along with one creamy :?:

skelley331
02-27-2014, 01:31 PM
I've only been doing 2 HNS per day along with one creamy :?:

Oh okay then maybe you need to increase it my one. I've been doing 3-4 per day no creamy

bombshellinprogress
02-27-2014, 02:06 PM
I have to have my creamy!! I eat it as soon as I get home from work (vanilla or chocolate pudding) so it holds me over until dinner:) It's the little things....

skelley331
02-27-2014, 05:15 PM
Well ladies I go tomorrow at 9:00 am to weigh in, I'm not feeling to good about it this time as I wasn't 100% on plan this week, but we'll see! :carrot::carrot:

hatethesweatpants
02-27-2014, 08:17 PM

This happened to me and I actually had to increase my food intake finally. Immediately, I dropped. Don't know if that's the case for you, but my body does not respond well to starvation mode!

bombshellinprogress
02-28-2014, 10:42 AM
Well I called the center this morning because once again, I still weigh the same after being on plan 100% this week. She told me not to worry about it just keep doing what I'm doing and it will start dropping again. She thinks I've just hit a plateau. Feeling very discouraged today so feeling like I need to eat something sweet NOW!!!! I hate craving sweets!

selway
02-28-2014, 03:01 PM
bombshellinprogress - did you tell your counselor that you are only consuming 2 HNS per day? Just curious....

Well, I caught the flu bug from my kids and was sick yesterday. I drank a Gatorade later in the day - LOADED with carbs and had chicken noodle soup (left most of the noodles in the bowl) for dinner because I was feeling so bad. I weigh in tomorrow and hope these extra carbs don't blow it for me.

Skelley331 - how did the weigh in go?

newlady - Welcome! It sounds like you are off to a great start!!!

bombshellinprogress
02-28-2014, 03:13 PM
No, I didn't mention that to her but my diary was the same from last week and that didn't hinder weight loss. Just kinda stumped. I'm getting to that point where if I don't see a change I'm gonna get depressed and eat something sweet

skelley331
02-28-2014, 06:23 PM
Wow!! I weighed in this morning and I wasn't sure I would have a 1lb loss, but I lost 2.5 lbs!! Yahoo!!:shrug: go figure!! Even thou I wasn't on plan 100% I was still in the light ketosis range!! So excited, I'm out of the 170's!!

Bombshellinprogress: Don't give in to sweets, I would call them back and tell them you are only doing two hns's, I'm doing 4 a day and averaging 2 - 2 1/2 lb loss weekly. Why not try doing a HNS in the evening and see if it helps.

Selway, I'm so sorry to hear you got sick, I sure hope you get well soon!

newlady: welcome to our group, you'll love it here!! So much support

skelley331
02-28-2014, 06:27 PM
No, I didn't mention that to her but my diary was the same from last week and that didn't hinder weight loss. Just kinda stumped. I'm getting to that point where if I don't see a change I'm gonna get depressed and eat something sweet

I believe you are on the green menu, can you share what you eating? sometimes when you eat the same thing over and over you can stall. I've been having my tall skinny decaf mocha every day from starbucks and I'm on the green menu and I still lost 2.5lbs this week.

tractorbeam
02-28-2014, 09:34 PM
I weighed in this morning and only lost 1.5 pounds. I'm kind of bummed because I stayed 100% on plan. I guess I expected to lose between 3-4 pounds because that's what I lost during preconditioning. This was my first full week on the beige menu. I'm still determined to do this though.

We have my husband's son and nephew this weekend. I made mac and cheese without eating any of it!! It's a small miracle.

skelley331
02-28-2014, 10:04 PM
tractorbeam: Hang in there, 1.5 lbs is still a good loss, some only lose maybe 1/2-1 lbs. I was shocked that I lost 2.5lbs after not eating 100% on plan. Next week you might have that 3-4 lbs loss. You'll get there. :carrot:

tractorbeam
03-01-2014, 10:37 AM
Thanks skelley! I'm gonna try to mix things up this week, food wise. Hopefully, that will help. I've been eating the same things, for the most part.

hatethesweatpants
03-01-2014, 10:49 AM
Hi all!
I see so many discouraged folks....Hang in there, ladies! Weight loss is not generally linear. We all hit plateaus - the weight WILL come off. It has to! I like to think of it like this: the body likes stasis - it doesn't want to change if it's comfy. It will fight to stay there and you just have to keep pushing through to make it respond. I agree with what others have said - DON'T eat the same thing in the same order day in and day out. Mix it up. Have your chicken or beef for breakfast and your eggs for lunch. Try some new veggies on the list. Try some new preparations. Mix it up and keep your body guessing. Most of all, do NOT give into the sweets now! It has never worked for you before and it won't work for you now. It's like saying, I'm drowning in 5 ft of water and that makes me feel bad, so I'm gonna go ahead and swim on out to 10ft. Eating right is hard, but being overweight is hard. You gotta choose your hard. Ok, off soap box - much love and much encouragement to all of you! We can DO this!!!!

hatethesweatpants
03-01-2014, 10:52 AM
I weighed in this morning and only lost 1.5 pounds. I'm kind of bummed because I stayed 100% on plan. I guess I expected to lose between 3-4 pounds because that's what I lost during preconditioning. This was my first full week on the beige menu. I'm still determined to do this though.

We have my husband's son and nephew this weekend. I made mac and cheese without eating any of it!! It's a small miracle.

Pre-conditioning always has a higher weight loss b/c you're taking out so many carboHYDRATES. In other words, you lost a lot of water that week. 1.5lbs is AWESOME and you should pat yourself on the back! Scales going in the right direction. Great job leaving the mac and cheese alone! It's the little things we do every day that will get us to goal.

tractorbeam
03-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the encouragement! I'm much more positive today. Any time I'm feeling down or overwhelmed these forums are so great for staying on track.