Ideal Protein Diet - IP Daily Chat

View Full Version : IP Daily Chat

lisa32989
02-03-2014, 05:25 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

NanDeNa
02-03-2014, 06:31 AM
CHANGES IN SLEEP.... I'm usually a 7+ hour sleeper! but I'm finding that I'm only sleeping about 6 hours since I've started IP. I do have a lot on my plate ( ha ha ha, pun intended ;) these days. Just wondering if healthy eating might be involved here?

Wishing everyone a great day today :)

Ruth Ann
02-03-2014, 07:09 AM
CHANGES IN SLEEP.... I'm usually a 7+ hour sleeper! but I'm finding that I'm only sleeping about 6 hours since I've started IP. I do have a lot on my plate ( ha ha ha, pun intended ;) these days. Just wondering if healthy eating might be involved here?

A lot of people report they either need less sleep or need more - kind of an individual thing. I think it has to do with our bodies adjusting and, for women, hormones can play a part. It should settle down for you at some point.

ReenHag
02-03-2014, 07:16 AM
The snow they called for has been a bust (so far), so I am off to work to lead my training. Wish me luck! I hope the ride home is safe...they are saying the rain may change to snow. Ugh!

Renee

NanDeNa
02-03-2014, 07:18 AM
A lot of people report they either need less sleep or need more - kind of an individual thing. I think it has to do with our bodies adjusting and, for women, hormones can play a part. It should settle down for you at some point.

Thank you!

0ojoyo0
02-03-2014, 07:28 AM
Good morning! Hope everyone had a great weekend. I happened to come across a barely used Actifry on Craigslist for $70 after reading through old threads about it last week and I jumped on it. So far, I've made buffalo cauliflower and stir fry. I love it! I can see myself using it multiple times a week even off the diet, because it's just so convenient.

mars735
02-03-2014, 08:12 AM

For me, it's hunger. On P1 I am up at 330am. On P4 I sleep my normal hours. Now that I'm back on P1 reboot, I save half of my snack for late evening, closer to bedtime. That holds me until my normal waking time.

lighthouse101
02-03-2014, 08:15 AM
The snow they called for has been a bust (so far), so I am off to work to lead my training. Wish me luck! I hope the ride home is safe...they are saying the rain may change to snow. Ugh!

Renee

Good luck and stay safe!

shrinkingsusie
02-03-2014, 08:54 AM
Good morning!

Had a great weekend, too bad Monday had to come so soon! :p

I used my sugar scrub yesterday and couldn't believe how soft my skin was after. I also want to get a dry brush and start doing that every morning to help stimulate and tone up my loose skin. Has anyone else done this, or anything else they found helped with skin, besides actual toning at a gym? I'm going to start that too, my husband and I are getting memberships to the YMCA.

jendilly
02-03-2014, 09:37 AM
Woke up EARLY this morning still reveling in our Super Bowl victory. I think I did pretty well sticking to the diet yesterday. Ate lots of veggies, made deviled eggs (approved), and baked chicken strips. I did realize late last night that I never had my third packet. Hope that doesn't mess me up. I was going to have one of the restricted salty snacks while my family ate their chips and stuff, but I was fine with the veggies. Oops!

sarahBell
02-03-2014, 09:47 AM
I cannot find the thread for the clothing swap so I have 2 pairs of Old namvy jeans Size 20 sweet heart (the cuffs are a little tattered) and Old Navy Diva Size 18 (cuffs are a little worn )

2 beautiful tops (I can send pics) that are purple and I hardly wore them.

If anyone is interested please PM me. I want to sell them for $20 if that is ok with anyone here.

ColoradoCarol
02-03-2014, 10:06 AM
Jendily and Ruth Ann (and all the other Seahawks fans) - congratulations on the Seahawks winning the Super Bowl.

It was a sad game (for all Broncos fans) and unfortunately the Broncos that we all know and love here in Denver did not show up. Seattle definitely outplayed them.

Even though the Broncos did not win, we had a great record setting season.

Happy Monday to all.

Carol

drd1961
02-03-2014, 10:06 AM
Seattle played quite a game yesterday. Head nod to them, and I feel bad for Peyton.

We are suppose to get more snow dumped on us mid week. Boo. Over the weekend I saw 130's on the scale which made me very happy. It has been a long, long, long time since I have seen those numbers.

Narae
02-03-2014, 10:09 AM
Seattle played quite a game yesterday. Head nod to them, and I feel bad for Peyton.

We are suppose to get more snow dumped on us mid week. Boo. Over the weekend I saw 130's on the scale which made me very happy. It has been a long, long, long time since I have seen those numbers.

WOW, drd! You are there already. Only the "paper work" is left! :carrot:

Slipfree
02-03-2014, 10:17 AM
:woohoo: Drd!!! 130s! Wonderful :D

schenectady
02-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Jendily and Ruth Ann (and all the other Seahawks fans) - congratulations on the Seahawks winning the Super Bowl.

It was a sad game (for all Broncos fans) and unfortunately the Broncos that we all know and love here in Denver did not show up. Seattle definitely outplayed them.

Happy Monday to all.

Carol

As a Seattleite, I am an avid Seahawks fan but I still like Peyton and was very sad for him yesterday. The camera shots of his face very tragic and almost stunned at times and he does not deserve that.

I was happy with the game and happy that I did not go off the program in any way what so ever. Had to drink a lot of flavored teas, but I made it.

ColoradoCarol
02-03-2014, 10:32 AM
As a Seattleite, I am an avid Seahawks fan but I still like Peyton and was very sad for him yesterday. The camera shots of his face very tragic and almost stunned at times and he does not deserve that.

I was happy with the game and happy that I did not go off the program in any way what so ever. Had to drink a lot of flavored teas, but I made it.

Schenectady - yes I did feel bad for him and also Champ Bailey. I think Champ will (and probably should) retire after this season.

Peyton already said last week he is coming back, so that is great news. He is such a class act. We have been fortunate here in Denver to have John Elway and now Peyton Manning.

dak1lls
02-03-2014, 10:36 AM
Drd, congrats!

0ojoyo0
02-03-2014, 10:38 AM

That's amazing! Congrats!

schenectady
02-03-2014, 10:46 AM

Congratulations on the weight loss and reaching the 130's! I think I last saw that kind of weight when I was in middle school. You have much of which to be proud.

GettinHealthyNow
02-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Good morning - I had my WI on Saturday (with a different coach - and she was so awesome!) and had a WOOOSH! Down 5.4 pounds in five days. That is my biggest loss since week 1. Then, in a NSV, I picked up a pair of size 8 jeans. I can get them on and done up - not quite ready to wear them yet, I'd say another five pounds will do it. But size 8!!!!

Smiling all over. Have a great day everyone :)

mars735
02-03-2014, 10:58 AM
Good morning - I had my WI on Saturday (with a different coach - and she was so awesome!) and had a WOOOSH! Down 5.4 pounds in five days. That is my biggest loss since week 1. Then, in a NSV, I picked up a pair of size 8 jeans. I can get them on and done up - not quite ready to wear them yet, I'd say another five pounds will do it. But size 8!!!!

Wow, congratulations!!! The thing about IP that puts the biggest smile on my face is the clothing NSV. Thanks for sharing it & keep up the great:carrot: work!

nolasmurf
02-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Had two days of warm temps in the 70s now we're back to the 50s. It's a wonder I can stay well. My sinuses can't handle all these extreme temp changes.
Off work today, gotta do laundry and clean up. Going to try and do a bit of a toning workout as well. Making a pork tenderloin for dinner hope it turns out good. I never seem to cook them right. Either they are underdone or overdone. Any tips?

ems70508
02-03-2014, 11:10 AM

CONGRATSS!!! I'm ready for a Woosh week to happen. I'm happy with my results but the wooshing is fun!

GettinHealthyNow
02-03-2014, 11:15 AM
Just catching up on the daily thread from the weekend, and saw your fashion show pic Nolasmurf - you look awesome!

djs06
02-03-2014, 11:33 AM
I know next to nothing about football, but that clydesdale/puppy commercial sure was cute :)

WTG on the woosh, gettinhealthy!

nolasmurf
02-03-2014, 11:38 AM
Just catching up on the daily thread from the weekend, and saw your fashion show pic Nolasmurf - you look awesome!

Thank you! I felt like a supermodel! Lol my coworkers and customers were great cheering and hollering me on. The Emcee even mentioned my weight loss as I was out there, telling everyone how I had found my 'sexy' again. Definitely a push to keep going.

Hiker88
02-03-2014, 11:40 AM

Just curious, are you going to stick with the old coach or switch to the awesome one????

Slipfree
02-03-2014, 11:57 AM
Nola, love the new picture and you story about the support from your co-workers made me smile. To me, you look so happy! Pork tenderloin, I baste with Dijon mustard, add a packet of WF maple syrup, add herbs of choice and bake for an hour. My favorite IP dinner!

Ems, I want a whoosh week too! I miss them :( Bought Bubbies yesterday, yummy. Thanks for the recommendation.

Gettinghealthynow- :yay: for size 8!

Schenectady, congrats on your losses so far, you deserve to feel so proud. Love that you use clothing as your gage and motivation.

schenectady
02-03-2014, 11:59 AM

WOW, a WHOOSH. Yea! Congratulations and so excited about the size 8 jeans. I use smaller size clothes as my inspiration and it seems to work. For me, knowing that I can slide up and wear something that would not even go on my body before is a real measurable victory. It is a little easier for me to "feel" than the weight.

Besides, I love having an excuse to buy clothes that are new to me.

ems70508
02-03-2014, 12:02 PM
Slipfree I'd love a bubbie right now. I stupidly took my vitamins too late after breakfast and my stomach is in the middle of World war 3. I have no food at the office. My lunch is at my moms art gallery a few blocks away. I eat there for lunch so my packets/shaker are there as well. I may not make it! I hate when I do this!!

Slipfree
02-03-2014, 12:09 PM
Ems, what time do you get to eat? Will a cup of hot tea help? I always take my vitamins at night, just before bed. They always make me feel sick. Hope lunch comes soon.

GettinHealthyNow
02-03-2014, 12:16 PM
Just curious, are you going to stick with the old coach or switch to the awesome one????

I did talk to her about that, and told her how unhappy I was with the first coach's comments. She asked me to give her another try and that it was likely a "misalignment of expectations." Maybe I'm being too charitable, but because this was the first time in five months she's said anything like that I'll give her the benefit of the doubt this time and see how it goes at my next WI, which will be a week from today.

drd1961
02-03-2014, 12:19 PM
Thanks everyone. I was really excited, but now I have to work hard to see it on a Friday afternoon fully clothed! That may take a couple of weeks, but it is coming!

ems70508
02-03-2014, 12:30 PM
I could go to lunch now but that'll make for a crazy long afternoon plus I won't be able to eat dinner till late this evening. Trying to space my food. I tried taking all mine at night but noticed that one of them was giving me quite a bit of energy- enough to not sleep well!

jendilly
02-03-2014, 12:46 PM

Happy Monday to all.

Carol

I will say, most of the Denver fans have a lot of class. I was hoping for a closer game, but it was nice to cheer with excitement the whole game and not worry at all. We have family in Denver (formerly from Seattle) so it's been fun to hear from them throughout this past week leading up to the game and during it. I appreciated that there really wasn't any trash talking between the two teams at all. We all have great respect for Peyton Manning, as do our team. It was hard to watch some of it and I did feel bad for him at times. Not the game anyone expected, although we were always pretty confident that the defense would dominate even a great offense like Denver. Anyway...kudos to the Broncos for an awesome year! It takes a lot just to get to the Super Bowl!

tbc85
02-03-2014, 01:43 PM
Hello everyone!! A little upset I was not able to have my weigh-in with measurements last week due to an ice storm here in central Louisiana, but hopefully that means a big jump on the scale. I am really excited to see how many inches I lost in four weeks!! Weigh-in and measure on Wednesday :)

Susanmly
02-03-2014, 01:50 PM
Just got back from my first weigh in and I lost 7.6lbs this week:D

Tigerlvr52
02-03-2014, 02:38 PM
After an awesome game yesterday made my feeling crappy weekend so much better. Today back OP after having to eat toast all weekend due to the tummy bug I got. It's a glorious Blue and Green Monday here at my work. :)

http://standingosports.com/main/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/12th-Man-Seattle.jpg

shrinkingsusie
02-03-2014, 02:39 PM

Way to go!

ecdcslim
02-03-2014, 04:17 PM
Hi all, 2nd day on Phase 3. I'm glad I started on a Sunday, I'm so used to taking 30 seconds to eat breakfast - now it's taking 30 mins! I bought a pair of size 4 trousers on Saturday - and they fit!!!!! OMG, I've never worn a size 6 before, never mind a 4. I vacillate between being happy to roll off to the carb-eating phase and being terrified that I'll gain weight on Phase 3. I was worried on Phase 2 and lost a couple of lbs but now I'm eating, gulp, CARBS, and I'm freaking just a little.

Susanmly - congrats on a fantastic 1st weigh-in!!

ems70508 - hot tea helps me stave off nausea from the supplements, even water helps.

drd1961 - you'll do it, I even weighed my 'weigh-in' outfit and know that it weighs 2.8 lbs so using that as a guide helped set my expectations for the difference between home weigh in a clinic weigh-in.

Hope everyone has a great day - it's been spitting and sleeting here so I'm hoping the ride home won't be a nightmare.

GettinHealthyNow
02-03-2014, 04:31 PM
Hi all, 2nd day on Phase 3. I'm glad I started on a Sunday, I'm so used to taking 30 seconds to eat breakfast - now it's taking 30 mins! I bought a pair of size 4 trousers on Saturday - and they fit!!!!! OMG, I've never worn a size 6 before, never mind a 4. I vacillate between being happy to roll off to the carb-eating phase and being terrified that I'll gain weight on Phase 3. I was worried on Phase 2 and lost a couple of lbs but now I'm eating, gulp, CARBS, and I'm freaking just a little.

I hear you - I'm staring P2 in the face (ok, not really quite yet - 20 more pounds, but am thinking about it) and am terrified that my carb monster will come back once I've weaned off P1. I've given away all my clothes that are over size 12. Even though I'm in 10s now, I'm hanging onto those 12s just in case. I know I shouldn't, and I've never been so successful on a diet as I have on this, but ....just....but...scared. I've done THIS (55 pounds gone) so I know I can do THAT (maintain) but, just scared.

ems70508
02-03-2014, 04:46 PM
ecdcslim ahhhhhhh size 4....SO EXCITING! I was talking to my cousin last night who is about 1 inch taller than me but carries her weight slightly opposite. I have broad shoulders and narrow hips, she's got narrow shoulders, big hips. We're thinking though that other than that, we'll have similar shapes. It's something to look foward to!

on the topic of nausea, I between 11 and 12 today, I couldn't have imagined trying to drink water BUT I bet my ginger tea would have helped! Didn't think of that. Hopefully there won't be a next time, but if so, I'll give it a shot.

Slipfree
02-03-2014, 04:46 PM
Renee, how did your presentation at school go?

sweetenuf
02-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Congrats to everyone for having such a great weekend staying OP even thru the super bowl.
It in the 40s and cold today in Houston, walked around outside and was eye balling my pool....would love to get in :) can't wait for summer!!
I had a NSV yesterday, I was in a rom with about 15 people and they had all the normal snack game day foods and I was not boo whoooing cause i couldn't have it, I was content with my water, chicken and spinach i brought with me. Before I would have felt hungry and felt like the outcast cause i couldn't join in the junk fest.

ReenHag
02-03-2014, 06:44 PM
Renee, how did your presentation at school go?

Wow, I am flattered that you would ask. Thanks!

It went well. Thankfully, the weather did not impact our school day. We had some trouble downloading, since all the faculty members were online at once, and the Internet connection in general was spotty. The teachers were very receptive, and they created a lot of good activities during the afternoon work session. Even the ones who seem to be a little technology-phobic had a positive attitude.

Now we need to play with the various softwares and then decide which to purchase. Any teachers out there with experience with various interactive whiteboard software products, please share your pros and cons. We are testing RMEasiTeach, Promethean ActivInspire, and Mimio Studio 11. (I absolutely hate one so far and am very partial to another, but I won't sway anyone's opinions...)

I had been so nervous about it l weekend, but I am quite pleased at how it went. Now home, working, relaxing a bit, and enjoying my dinner (grilled chicken and zucchini).

Have a great evening!

Renee

Vippysue
02-03-2014, 07:03 PM

That's awesome! Congrats!

Slipfree
02-03-2014, 07:14 PM
Renee, we have active inspire, I find it limiting. Just seems like a lot of steps to create flip charts. Glad the presentation went well. Of course I would ask, I know how daunting it can be to present to colleagues. Snow day here and it looks like another one on Wed.

Susanmly, congratulations on a great first weigh in!

Sammie12
02-03-2014, 07:36 PM
Hi everyone I started back on IP on Thursday so can't wait to see what my first wi will be. I forgot how rough the first couple of days are.

finale
02-03-2014, 07:51 PM
nolasmurf, I love your progress shown in your picture

finale
02-03-2014, 07:53 PM
what is bubbies

trynagn
02-03-2014, 08:48 PM
Congrats everyone on their great losses! We all are working so hard to become the new person we were meant to be and it's so cool to share the same experiences? Thanks to you all for making me feel human.
I wanted to share my new passion. Roasted spinach! I just mix a bunch of spinach with olive oil and top it with sea salt. Roast for 10-15 minutes (depending on how much you make) and it crisps up like a chip-and you get in your oil, salt and veggies! I never thought I liked spinach but this program has made me try new veggies. Love it!:woohoo:

Slipfree
02-03-2014, 08:57 PM
Finale, Bubbies are pickles made in brine that does not have vinegar.

Sammie12, hope the early days get easier.

Trynagn, your spinach sounds delish.

schenectady
02-03-2014, 08:57 PM
what is bubbies

It is a special kind of pickle - you would find it in a big green jar in the refrigerated case not on the regular shelf.

mars735
02-03-2014, 09:48 PM
what is bubbies

Bubbie's is a brand of non-pasteurized, non-vinegar dill pickles or sauerkraut. (They make Bread and Butter pickles but they are either heated or have vinegar). Because of the way they are made, they are probiotic, which means they promote healthy bacteria in the colon, which is good for overall health. Plus they taste great, though they aren't cheap.

Staceyhay
02-03-2014, 10:40 PM
Wow I just got home from my 2nd weigh in and I'm down another 4.4. I can't believe it that is a total of 8.4 in 2 weeks. I can do this. (I say as my children munch on cookies)

craftybookworm
02-03-2014, 11:18 PM
Today was my first day back on IP. Generally felt tired and icky, but I know my body is making a huge adjustment to not having sugar all day. I also had trouble sleeping last night so that is a part of it too. I had a headache earlier, but that's gone away since dinner time. I am proud that I was able to make my son nutella on toast and resist the urge to eat the excess that was left on the knife.
I will have to try baking spinach and find Bubbies too!

nolasmurf
02-03-2014, 11:35 PM
Spent my day knitting to keep busy and not mindlessly munch. Now my shoulders ache lol. Oh well it helped me stay on plan! The pork loin ended up coming out great. I just stuck it in the oven and left it alone.

I'm finishing a glass of water and going to head to bed.