Ideal Protein Diet - Restart, Reboot January 1, 2014

Pages : [1] 2

View Full Version : Restart, Reboot January 1, 2014

Sunflower40
02-02-2014, 10:47 AM
First thread reached 500 so here goes another one.

Good Morning. I had my official WI yesterday and lost 2.2 :carrot:
Next week I should be in the 130's.
This week I only ate 4 restricted and ate more chicken than beef.
I think that made a small difference, although not sure of that because last week was my TOM.

I had company last night and made ribs in the slow cooker using a low carb bbq sauce my coach sells (not Walden Farms). I had 9 people over and everyone went back for seconds. My coach said I could have ribs once in a while. I made coleslaw, potatoes, ribs and garlic bread and only had ribs and cabbage without the coleslaw dressing. They had apple pie and icecream and I had my my shake for dessert.

I feel a HUGE victory this morning. I knew if I cheated I would of felt awful today. Instead I woke up very excited that I will reach my goal now. It can be done folks.

mars735
02-02-2014, 11:07 AM

I think that made a small difference, although not sure of that because last week was my TOM.

I had company last night and made ribs in the slow cooker using a low carb bbq sauce my coach sells (not Walden Farms). I had 9 people over and everyone went back for seconds. My coach said I could have ribs once in a while. I made coleslaw, potatoes, ribs and garlic bread and only had ribs and cabbage without the coleslaw dressing. They had apple pie and icecream and I had my my shake for dessert.

I feel a HUGE victory this morning. I knew if I cheated I would of felt awful today. Instead I woke up very excited that I will reach my goal now. It can be done folks.

:bravo: That is outstanding!!! Your meal includes my favorite things and I would have been sorely tempted to eat leftovers. Congratulations on a major NSV! I would love to know the brand of the BBQ sauce--no such thing as too many choices of this :)

Dakin
02-02-2014, 12:51 PM
Thanks for rolling the thread, Sunflower, and congrats on your successful entertaining! You sound like you're doing terrific!

I'm researching some IP friendly soups to stock the freezer with this week.... here' to hoping my over-zealous co-workers won't throw it away again! lol

I had a glass of red wine last night to celebrate a very dear friend's 50th birthday. I skipped my restricted to help absorb the extra 6 carbs, and was really good about not snacking on any of the munchies (Including the Doritos - not even one! Which, if you knew me, deserves huge kudos! )
I know it's off protocol, but I made a conscience decision to try a controlled variation. I'll let you know on weigh in day if it was worth it. lol

knm
02-02-2014, 03:49 PM

Congrats Sunflower! So proud of you!

Clarington45
02-02-2014, 04:34 PM

Great job! Way to plan ahead :)

Sunflower40
02-02-2014, 09:49 PM
:bravo: That is outstanding!!! Your meal includes my favorite things and I would have been sorely tempted to eat leftovers. Congratulations on a major NSV! I would love to know the brand of the BBQ sauce--no such thing as too many choices of this :)

thank you!! The sauce is called Guy's Award Winning BBQ Sauce, flavor is Smokey Garlic and it's sugar free. The count is: per 2 tablespoons, 5 cals, 0 fat, 1g of carb. My coach said he's going out of business or something though, so not sure if you can get it. It's made it Ohio apparently. Hmm I just noticed there is a website on the bottle too, http://www.guysbbq.com/bbq-sauce/coming-soon-guys-award-winning-sugar-free-bbq-sauce

Sunflower40
02-02-2014, 09:54 PM
Congrats Sunflower! So proud of you!

thanks knm, how did your weekend go?

Sunflower40
02-02-2014, 09:55 PM
Thanks for rolling the thread, Sunflower, and congrats on your successful entertaining! You sound like you're doing terrific!

I'm researching some IP friendly soups to stock the freezer with this week.... here' to hoping my over-zealous co-workers won't throw it away again! lol

I had a glass of red wine last night to celebrate a very dear friend's 50th birthday. I skipped my restricted to help absorb the extra 6 carbs, and was really good about not snacking on any of the munchies (Including the Doritos - not even one! Which, if you knew me, deserves huge kudos! )
I know it's off protocol, but I made a conscience decision to try a controlled variation. I'll let you know on weigh in day if it was worth it. lol

huge victory on no doritos, honestly I think I would of had atleast one lol
you always feel better when you stay OP

Sunflower40
02-02-2014, 09:57 PM
Great job! Way to plan ahead :)

thank you, it's a struggle most days, especially when you're surrounded by food. But it just goes to show that with enough planning it can be done.

nacygirl1
02-03-2014, 12:43 AM
thank you, it's a struggle most days, especially when you're surrounded by food. But it just goes to show that with enough planning it can be done.

Thanks for the website for the sugar free BBQ sauce! Yes most days are a struggle for me too with food. I just keep pluggin' along though in my weightloss journey.

0ojoyo0
02-03-2014, 07:09 AM
thank you!! The sauce is called Guy's Award Winning BBQ Sauce, flavor is Smokey Garlic and it's sugar free. The count is: per 2 tablespoons, 5 cals, 0 fat, 1g of carb. My coach said he's going out of business or something though, so not sure if you can get it. It's made it Ohio apparently. Hmm I just noticed there is a website on the bottle too, http://www.guysbbq.com/bbq-sauce/coming-soon-guys-award-winning-sugar-free-bbq-sauce

Guy's is my absolute favorite! Right up there with regular BBQ sauce. You can get it on Netrition, which is where I order it from. Shipping prices are more reasonable (to me, at least) than ordering it directly from Guy's.

kdspirited
02-03-2014, 09:05 AM

Congratulations Sunflower and thank you for starting the new thread as well. I am amazed how quickly you got to the 130's I started a week after you and I am still looming in the 140's. Also I am only doing unrestricted.

KLD81230
02-03-2014, 11:15 AM
Good morning! Broke into the 140s this morning... finally... Fell off the wagon a few weekends ago, so should have been here much sooner. Been 100% since then and it feels good.

137 was the lowest I got last year before stopping IP, so I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I've learned after gaining much back that...

1. I will keep going to get to an even lower weight before phasing off. I phased off for a spring break vacation, but never got back on after it was over.

2. I will pay attention to a high weight I am comfortable with before jumping back in to phase 1 to keep the pounds from creeping up so drastically over a year. A handful of phase 1 weeks throughout the year will be MUCH better than months on phase 1 once a year!

Happy Monday!

tbc85
02-03-2014, 01:12 PM
So proud of myself for not eating any yummy snacks a Super Bowl party last night!! Brought my own taco meat and had a taco salad and I brought some OP stuffed mini bell peppers that everyone loved!!

knm
02-03-2014, 02:03 PM
thanks knm, how did your weekend go?

Surprisingly well! Friday after work I got my usual weekend cravings. I went into the pantry and grabbed a granola bar. I took it to the couch, set it beside me and sat there for about 10 minutes deciding if it was really worth it. I decided to have my restricted instead (I usually save it for after supper) but figured, have the restricted now, then if you still want something after supper you can decide, rather than going off plan too early in the day and blowing the rest of the day, which for me usually leads to the entire weekend. I had friends over that night and stayed busy, so I didn't have time to think about cravings anymore and went to bed with another day in the bag!

Every day the scale keeps moving so that keeps my motivation going! I'm starting to not sleep well again (happened in the fall to me too) but if it's between being skinny and tired vs fat and well rested, I'll take the first one!

Dakin
02-03-2014, 02:33 PM
Good morning! Broke into the 140s this morning... finally... Fell off the wagon a few weekends ago, so should have been here much sooner. Been 100% since then and it feels good.

137 was the lowest I got last year before stopping IP, so I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I've learned after gaining much back that...

1. I will keep going to get to an even lower weight before phasing off. I phased off for a spring break vacation, but never got back on after it was over.

2. I will pay attention to a high weight I am comfortable with before jumping back in to phase 1 to keep the pounds from creeping up so drastically over a year. A handful of phase 1 weeks throughout the year will be MUCH better than months on phase 1 once a year!

Happy Monday!
Congrats on the great progress! Your two points are so valid and accurate. You are most certainly on the right track! I've recognized them... now the struggle is getting myself back into the place where I can actually implement them! I'm proud of you!

So proud of myself for not eating any yummy snacks a Super Bowl party last night!! Brought my own taco meat and had a taco salad and I brought some OP stuffed mini bell peppers that everyone loved!!
Yay for you!! Would you care to share the stuffed pepper recipe?

Surprisingly well! Friday after work I got my usual weekend cravings. I went into the pantry and grabbed a granola bar. I took it to the couch, set it beside me and sat there for about 10 minutes deciding if it was really worth it. I decided to have my restricted instead (I usually save it for after supper) but figured, have the restricted now, then if you still want something after supper you can decide, rather than going off plan too early in the day and blowing the rest of the day, which for me usually leads to the entire weekend. I had friends over that night and stayed busy, so I didn't have time to think about cravings anymore and went to bed with another day in the bag!

Every day the scale keeps moving so that keeps my motivation going! I'm starting to not sleep well again (happened in the fall to me too) but if it's between being skinny and tired vs fat and well rested, I'll take the first one!

Mind over Matter - You mastered it! That's awesome! I wish my scale recorded decimal places so I'd see more daily. It only does full pounds, so I try to refrain from stepping on it until weigh in day when I'm losing. (During maintenance I try to be a daily weigher to keep on top of things.)

tbc85
02-03-2014, 02:49 PM
Stuffed mini peppers

Ingredients:
Several mini sweet peppers, top cut off and then sliced in half (top to bottom). You need to determine how many you can fit into your 2 cups veg minus whatever veg you have in the stuffing.

Stuffing:
8 oz ground turkey (raw)
1/2 cup mushrooms
2-4 cloves of garlic to taste
sea salt
2-4 tbsp WF sundried tomato dressing
black pepper
Other spices as desired

Mix the stuffing ingredients together. Place it in the pepper halfs, pack in tight as you can and round across the top.

If desired, use roasted red pepper puree (roast and blend!) and pour a bit over each pepper. Also optional, add a few shreds of veggie cheese over top.

I assembled these the night before and after work, popped them into a 375 oven for 25 minutes.

hawndragon
02-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Guy's is my absolute favorite! Right up there with regular BBQ sauce. You can get it on Netrition, which is where I order it from. Shipping prices are more reasonable (to me, at least) than ordering it directly from Guy's.

May I ask what kind of alternatives you are using? I tried the Pure Protein shakes and like those. Any other ideas?

Sunflower40
02-03-2014, 05:42 PM

it taste so good
I will check that out, I went on his website and the shipping was outrageous

Sunflower40
02-03-2014, 05:43 PM
Congratulations Sunflower and thank you for starting the new thread as well. I am amazed how quickly you got to the 130's I started a week after you and I am still looming in the 140's. Also I am only doing unrestricted.

I'm not in the 130's yet but hoping to this week
maybe try using some restricted this week, I have been using them 4 times a week. Maybe your body is starving....:hug:

KAMKAR
02-04-2014, 08:01 AM
Boy those stuffed Mini peppers sound delish! We have a party to go to this weekend and have to bring an appitezer. Thanks tbc85 for the recipe!

Weighed myself this am an i am down another 5lbs!!! It is amazing! I am really psyched about it. I think if I lose 10 more lbs I will phase off. By then hopefully the weather will clear up and I can start running again, to help maintain. I think that was part of my problem with gaining some weight back. When I went into maintance in June last yr(after lossing 65lbs) I was running. Well weather got cold and I didn't keep up with it.(don't like running in the cold- I know an excuse). So lets hope for warmer weather!

0ojoyo0
02-04-2014, 08:17 AM
May I ask what kind of alternatives you are using? I tried the Pure Protein shakes and like those. Any other ideas?

I tend to stick to ProtiDiet. I'm one to find something I like and stick with it until I get tired of it. For breakfast, I have a restricted ProtiDiet chocolate cereal bar and I have ProtiDiet pink lemonade for both lunch and a snack. Their soups are also pretty good. I couldn't stomach any of IP's soups (too chemically), but I loved the ProtiDiet chicken flavor and chicken noodle until I got tired of it - I thought the chicken noodle tasted a lot like Lipton without as many noodles. I'm thinking about trying some Quest bars that everyone raves about, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

mars735
02-04-2014, 08:23 AM
I tend to stick to ProtiDiet. I'm one to find something I like and stick with it until I get tired of it. For breakfast, I have a restricted ProtiDiet chocolate cereal bar and I have ProtiDiet pink lemonade for both lunch and a snack. Their soups are also pretty good. I couldn't stomach any of IP's soups (too chemically), but I loved the chicken flavor and chicken noodle until I got tired of it - I thought the chicken noodle tasted a lot like Lipton without as many noodles. I'm thinking about trying some Quest bars that everyone raves about, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Can you recommend an especially good Protidiet soup? I love IP chicken flavor soup too. Maybe the high sodium content accounted for that, lol.

0ojoyo0
02-04-2014, 08:36 AM
Can you recommend an especially good Protidiet soup? I love IP chicken flavor soup too. Maybe the high sodium content accounted for that, lol.

Sorry, I should've clarified that I liked the ProtiDiet soups, NOT the IP. I re-read my post and realized that didn't come across how I had intended and edited it so it reads better.

ProtiDiet chicken noodle is probably my favorite, although its sodium content is quite high too. But it looks like our tastes may differ, because I couldn't stomach IP's chicken flavor soup. I used to have a difficult time remembering my evening snack, so I would mix the ProtiDiet chicken noodle and chicken flavor together and have both for lunch which was really yummy, but I don't do that anymore. I tried the beef vegetable and I wasn't a fan. I haven't tried any of the other soups.

mars735
02-04-2014, 09:13 AM
Thanks OojoyoO!

advocatemom
02-04-2014, 10:00 AM
Hello! I am a January restarter. Started towards the end of January (22nd) after a long absence. Original IP start was in Aug. 2010 and I was on a great track to losing. Felt great (after the first month) and then got crazy and have spent the last three years gaining back my losses... So... I'm back (if stats show up that's from the old days); start weight was the same this time however. I am down 10 lbs since 1/22/14 and starting to feel better. This time I'm going to focus on acting more my age and not like I'm 20 years younger LOL!! Anyhow, just wanted to say 'hi'!

hawndragon
02-04-2014, 02:43 PM
Yay!! WI showed 3 lbs lost this week. The scale finally moved!! So happy. 10 lbs down in 26 days. I can live with that. Thank you all for your honesty and support. Love reading and feeling motivated by so many of you. We're all in this together. Have a great week all!

knm
02-04-2014, 06:41 PM
Week 1 week in and I was down 5.8 lbs! I don't think I've ever lost that much during any of my first weeks (yes, there have been many). I realize that won't continue every week going forward, but I'm okay with that! It put me off to a great start and I'm now that much closer to goal! 10 more lbs!

jmuroff1
02-04-2014, 07:53 PM
So far I'm down 10.6 lbs since my reboot on jan 2nd. this week I'm feeling a little discouraged..TOM is here and my clothes don't feel right...i hate being bloated! i just feel like a beached whale lol. i may skip weighing myself on thursday all together. But i know once tom is out of the building i will shrink back hehe

Sunflower40
02-05-2014, 12:06 AM
Week 1 week in and I was down 5.8 lbs! I don't think I've ever lost that much during any of my first weeks (yes, there have been many). I realize that won't continue every week going forward, but I'm okay with that! It put me off to a great start and I'm now that much closer to goal! 10 more lbs!

awesome job knm
so happy for you:carrot:

0ojoyo0
02-05-2014, 07:28 AM
I'm also feeling very discouraged this week. I'm down 12.4 lbs since reboot and I'm a daily weigher. I feel like I need to weigh daily so I stay on plan and adjust my eating as necessary. In the past, I have avoided the scale when I was afraid of what the numbers would say, so I feel like it keeps me accountable. Anyway, the scale hasn't budged in 3 days, and I feel like it's too early for this.

I've been good for the most part, although I have eaten slightly more than the allotted 8 oz protein for the past 2 evenings. I find myself just wanting to binge. It's not hunger; I know that. It's just the need to eat something (anything) and there is nothing I can do to stop it; it's at the front of my mind all day. It even got to the point that yesterday, I considered switching to Atkins just so I could eat more. I quit smoking, actually a year ago today (wow!) and the cravings are similar to those cravings.

Lol, I know this was all over the place, but thanks for listening/reading.

Sunflower40
02-05-2014, 11:11 AM
So far I'm down 10.6 lbs since my reboot on jan 2nd. this week I'm feeling a little discouraged..TOM is here and my clothes don't feel right...i hate being bloated! i just feel like a beached whale lol. i may skip weighing myself on thursday all together. But i know once tom is out of the building i will shrink back hehe

I would still WI if I were you. I wanted to do that two weeks ago during TOM and decided to weigh, I only lost .2 but the following week I lost 2.2. So it all adds up in the end. Just don't expect great things this week at your WI

schenectady
02-05-2014, 11:42 AM
I'm also feeling very discouraged this week. I'm down 12.4 lbs since reboot and I'm a daily weigher. I feel like I need to weigh daily so I stay on plan and adjust my eating as necessary. In the past, I have avoided the scale when I was afraid of what the numbers would say, so I feel like it keeps me accountable. Anyway, the scale hasn't budged in 3 days, and I feel like it's too early for this.

I've been good for the most part, although I have eaten slightly more than the allotted 8 oz protein for the past 2 evenings. I find myself just wanting to binge. It's not hunger; I know that. It's just the need to eat something (anything) and there is nothing I can do to stop it; it's at the front of my mind all day. It even got to the point that yesterday, I considered switching to Atkins just so I could eat more. I quit smoking, actually a year ago today (wow!) and the cravings are similar to those cravings.

Lol, I know this was all over the place, but thanks for listening/reading.

I, too, am a daily weigher because I just like to have a guide as to how things are going. That being said, I take it with a grain of salt. I only allow myself the daily weigh with the understanding with my better self that I will NOT allow myself to get all twisted if it stays in the same place! In January, I had about 5 or 6 days running where the weight was the exact same to the very ounce.

Now you and I know that is not logical and therefore do not sweat it! It actually made me more determined to watch my measurements and my water and oil and make sure I was doing all possible. Then just be patient.

The cravings some times hit me, too. If I am at home, I go find something to do outside the house so that I a not in an area where food is accessible. After a short while, the craving is gone. I know that I cannot allow myself to sit on the sofa and read or watch TV when I am suffering from cravings. Too easy to get up and go into the kitchen.

Pickles help cleanse my mouth and so does tooth brushing. Both seem to cut the craving.

Sunflower40
02-05-2014, 01:44 PM
I agree, I don't like to weigh myself every day because I will get discouraged not seeing it move or even going up, so I weigh myself only on Saturday mornings. Sometimes, on rare occasion I do a midpoint WI. But I can't handle the ups and downs that comes with stepping on that thing daily. So if you can handle it I say go for it, but if you can't you're better off weighing only once a week.

Oojoy I think you should hang in there. Giving into cravings will only make you feel worse. You will lose eventually, if not this week, perhaps next week you will have a whoosh. Don't let the scale dictate your moods. Go by how you're feeling in your new skin. If you're not hungry you're doing something right!

eandc2006
02-05-2014, 05:44 PM
I would also chime in on the daily weighing...as hard as it is to not to do. I realized that my moods could change in an instant depending on what the scale said which meant that I had no control over my day since I weighed in the morning. On the other hand, I am much more accountable when I weigh daily. It's a double edge sword.

knm
02-05-2014, 07:38 PM
I'm a daily weigher. Right now since it's still early the scale moves everyday, or at least doesn't go up I find it very motivating. I'm guessing that'll change after this week and then I might start weighing in less just so I don't get discouraged. I think I ate too much fat today. Went to my grandma's for dinner, and although she's very sweet and prepares foods that work for me, I can tell she uses more oil than I ever would and adds salt to everything, again, I'm sure it's more than we're allowed. I'll weigh tomorrow anyways, just to see how a day like today affects my weight.

Snarfler
02-05-2014, 07:58 PM
I am also a daily weigher. I "gained" 4.5lbs after a little super bowl fun (a few cocktails were embibed along with OP food). I was shocked and laughed it off Monday morning, but when it had only dropped 2 of those pounds by Tuesday, it was not nearly as humerous.

Yet today, I was actually a half pound lower than I was Sunday morning so it definitely set the tone (size 6 skinny jeans with a pair of knee high boots - who am I?!?!).

I mostly just use the scale to keep myself accountable and I try to only get frustrated in the deep recesses of my mind. I do find it funny that when the scale jumps up, I wait for my "official" weigh in day to post my results for the week, but when the scale drops, I want to update my stats right away.

I guess to the number crunching me, its just part of my ritual. Just as I like to look at the numbers on MFP to see my nutrition for the day, I like to also see what story the scale is telling.

When I'm in maintenance, I do find that I must weigh everyday (or several times a week) because, just like flossing, when I break the habit I can go for a couple weeks without thinking about it and that's when the trouble starts.

kcdoe
02-07-2014, 06:51 AM
I'm a scale nut, I step on it every time I go in the bathroom ::) It doesn't discourage me but keeps me honest and teaches me how my body is affected by what I did that day. For me It's typical that it doesn't move down every day but then boom it's down. I know if I eat to much salt or more OP food then I'm suppose to it may be more by a pound. Salt for me can add up to 3 lbs. but it goes away with next day of lower salt.
With this reboot I'm having cravings I didn't have the first time, of course due to the ice I couldn't make my weigh in this week and I'm out of my favorite items. But all in all this is still an awesome diet, what other diet can you complain about because you only lost 7 to 10 a month?

I'm hoping that this weigh in "Monday" is the "BIG" ONE under 200. I haven't been under 200 for 15 years :):):) wish me luck. My scale is off from the coaches by 2/4 lbs so I never really know what her scale is going to say. why not fix that, cause it kinda keeps the excitement of weigh in day!!

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY!! TGIF

65X65
02-07-2014, 08:09 AM
I'm a scale nut, I step on it every time I go in the bathroom ::) It doesn't discourage me but keeps me honest and teaches me how my body is affected by what I did that day. For me It's typical that it doesn't move down every day but then boom it's down. I know if I eat to much salt or more OP food then I'm suppose to it may be more by a pound. Salt for me can add up to 3 lbs. but it goes away with next day of lower salt.
With this reboot I'm having cravings I didn't have the first time, of course due to the ice I couldn't make my weigh in this week and I'm out of my favorite items. But all in all this is still an awesome diet, what other diet can you complain about because you only lost 7 to 10 a month?

I'm hoping that this weigh in "Monday" is the "BIG" ONE under 200. I haven't been under 200 for 15 years :):):) wish me luck. My scale is off from the coaches by 2/4 lbs so I never really know what her scale is going to say. why not fix that, cause it kinda keeps the excitement of weigh in day!!

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY!! TGIF

Good Luck KC...I happen to be with you on this and in the minority here...Completely agree with you on the daily weighing for EXACTLY the same reasons! It helps me understand how my body reacts to certain foods and how to manage my own sensitivities...and most importantly...it very simply keeps me honest. And humble..Seeing the daily fluctuations reminds me at any time I'm only a week away from needing to go on P1/2 to get back down...and if I were to choose NOT to keep tabs...a month could spell trouble. I see that when I travel and do not have access to consistent scale feedback. It can be daunting after a week to check for the first time.... It is either self serving or humbling. When weighing after a period of no scale access, and things are in the ball park range...under 2 lbs of change (for me,) it's either good...or...if approaching 3 lbs, it is a reality check.

Good luck with your next weigh in...You and Ruth Ann can be dance partners ...:dance::dancer:.....celebrating ....

While the rest of us are clapping for you!:cp::cp::cp:

lisa32989
02-07-2014, 10:10 AM
Daily weigh-ins (once daily) can be a VERY useful tool if they don't cause angst. I see so much scale angst (expecting daily weight drops, weighing more than once/daily and getting upset when it fluctuates are 2 examples) that I really think everyone needs to "weigh" this option for themselves (pun intended!)

Those who can view it with a grain of salt or (in maintenance) as a way to make adjustments to deter weight gain should use this useful tool. Those who get upset or frustrated should use it weekly, which actually gives us a good overall picture of what is happening but doesn't let any maintenance gains get too out of hand.

Those who freak out over +/- 1 lb over a day should probably stick with less frequent weigh-ins. Those who have made peace with the scale can view the daily fluctuations as useful info.

To each his/her own but when I see people freaking out, I will ALWAYS recommend staying off the scale between scheduled weekly weigh ins.

65X65
02-07-2014, 03:45 PM
Lisa I agree with you to a point...However; it is something that if a body (and mind) do not make peace with before the end...there is going to be trouble in maintenance.

The literature and studies all indicate those who weigh daily are in the long run, more successful at both losing and maintaining. Fear of the scale and the angst needs to be overcome, and can be done. It is like fear of the gym..once you get in the groove it becomes easier. It also is way to easy to NOT get on the scale..bargaining with self, using the excuse
"I'll wait a few more days..I ate something salty..or had dinner out twice the last few days...."
This mindset if not overcome is part of being overweight, and has the potential to un-do the really hard work of the diet itself. Old habits need to change. All too often someone posts about being afraid to get on the scale. There are good reasons for not weighing so often......sometimes...

But ascribing to that school of thought leaves a back door open. Who is strong enough to not let them selves go down that hallway? Once you overcome and get in front of the fear...the scale can never be your enemy again. It is a good idea to learn how to make that work for you, or it will always be there.

So yes..perhaps initially if you are tenuous and not confident in the diet and yourself...go easy. As you get that assurance...it is something I believe you need to push through, or it has the potential to allow you to kid yourself that the scale is your enemy...at some point...it is not. That takes work and mental retraining.

lisa32989
02-07-2014, 03:58 PM
Lisa I agree with you to a point...However; it is something that if a body (and mind) do not make peace with before the end...there is going to be trouble in maintenance.

The literature and studies all indicate those who weigh daily are in the long run, more successful at both losing and maintaining. Fear of the scale and the angst needs to be overcome, and can be done. It is like fear of the gym..once you get in the groove it becomes easier. It also is way to easy to NOT get on the scale..bargaining with self, using the excuse "I'll wait a few more days..I ate something salty..or had dinner out twice the last few days...."
This mindset if not overcome is part of being overweight, and has the potential to un-do the really hard work of the diet itself. Old habits need to change. All too often someone posts about being afraid to get on the scale. There are good reasons for not weighing so often......sometimes...

But ascribing to that school of thought leaves a back door open. Who is strong enough to not let them selves go down that hallway? Once you overcome and get in front of the fear...the scale can never be your enemy again. It is a good idea to learn how to make that work for you, or it will always be there.

So yes..perhaps initially if you are tenuous and not confident in the diet and yourself...go easy. As you get that assurance...it is something I believe you need to push through, or it has the potential to allow you to kid yourself that the scale is your enemy...at some point...it is not. That takes work and mental retraining.

Agreed! Peace with the scale must be reached. And it is mind over matter, the same as staying OP to start with.

So how do we get people to STOP freaking out over a slight increase over a day or two that has nothing to do with calories/cheating (normal fluctuation)? Let alone folks who jump on the scale multiple times per day and then freak when it fluctuates? These are the things that drives me bananas.

65X65
02-07-2014, 04:28 PM
Agreed! Peace with the scale must be reached. And it is mind over matter, the same as staying OP to start with.

So how do we get people to STOP freaking out over a slight increase over a day or two that has nothing to do with calories/cheating (normal fluctuation)? Let alone folks who jump on the scale multiple times per day and then freak when it fluctuates? These are the things that drives me bananas.

Once we have been on this diet for a few weeks..it should happen...If it does not..then being honest, I think there are varying levels of people not WANTING to be be honest with themselves over small indescretions, (not weighing and measuring food among them) , not wanting to acknowledge and learn what their own body hormone system does on a weekly/monthly basis and wishful thinking that this diet is not magic. There is that overweight mentality that ignorance is bliss...OK..get over it. Or as someone else said..stay fat. ( LOL.... I know that was Ruth Ann..and it was priceless..but TRUE. Just as this is)

We POWs (Previously Over Weights ..I forget who said that...but it is outrageously pragmatic and truer than true in this case....) ALL POWs are going to have to learn how to manage this daily. The scale is going to matter. No one else or any diet plan is going to hand long term success over on a silver platter. Get on with it. Get over it. Or you are going to have a bigger problem..once you recognize how easily it can all be lost. Then the badmouthing IP begins.....

I know I sound a quit harsh..but really and honestly....it is a straightforward truth.....just like the number on the scale. In most business they live and die by the numbers. This personal business of mine is no different.

lisa32989
02-07-2014, 04:37 PM
Once we have been on this diet for a few weeks..it should happen...If it does not..then being honest, I think there are varying levels of people not WANTING to be be honest with themselves over small indescretions, (not weighing and measuring food among them) , not wanting to acknowledge and learn what their own body hormone system does on a weekly/monthly basis and wishful thinking that this diet is not magic. There is that overweight mentality that ignorance is bliss...OK..get over it. Or as someone else said..stay fat. ( LOL.... I know that was Ruth Ann..and it was priceless..but TRUE. Just as this is)

We POWs (Previously Over Weights ..I forget who said that...but it is outrageously pragmatic and truer than true in this case....) ALL POWs are going to have to learn how to manage this daily. The scale is going to matter. No one else or any diet plan is going to hand long term success over on a silver platter. Get on with it. Get over it. Or you are going to have a bigger problem..once you recognize how easily it can all be lost. Then the badmouthing IP begins.....

I know I sound a quit harsh..but really and honestly....it is a straightforward truth.....just like the number on the scale. In most business they live and die by the numbers. This personal business of mine is no different.

LOL... you always word it so eloquently.
I just want to jump straight to "quit your B1tc#!#g" LOL

On another note: I'm in the process of getting an appointment with a functional medicine doctor to help me with this stall. When I gain after a strict p1 month, SOMETHING is wrong. In the meantime, I'm going to use this time to make some more scale peace & start daily weighing. I did it when I was losing weight but the stall got to me. Time to view it as "just a number" whether I'm losing or not!

65X65
02-07-2014, 04:42 PM
LOL... you always word it so eloquently.
I just want to jump straight to "quit your B1tc#!#g" LOL

On another note: I'm in the process of getting an appointment with a functional medicine doctor to help me with this stall. When I gain after a strict p1 month, SOMETHING is wrong. In the meantime, I'm going to use this time to make some more scale peace & start daily weighing. I did it when I was losing weight but the stall got to me. Time to view it as "just a number" whether I'm losing or not!

Lisa-

I♥U..

And...Good luck with your eval. It's time...way time. You've done your due diligence.♥

Dakin
02-08-2014, 09:22 AM
Chiming in for support.... I'm discouraged, sad, frustrated and angry that I'm not achieving the results from 1st time. Only .5 loss this week.
I may need to switch things up a little -- meaning the order in which I consume my protein, veggies, etc.

65X65
02-08-2014, 09:24 AM
Chiming in for support.... I'm discouraged, sad, frustrated and angry that I'm not achieving the results from 1st time. Only .5 loss this week.
I may need to switch things up a little -- meaning the order in which I consume my protein, veggies, etc.

Don't forget about inches..and have you been exercising? Muscle weighs more...and..you ARE that much closer to goal.Not a bad thing! Don't get caught up in the scale...it's only a piece of the process..keep it in perspective.

Delgen
02-08-2014, 09:35 AM

Stalls can be so frustrating. It has to come off eventually. So keep going. Look for those NSV as much as you can. I like the idea of measuring.

Do you ever reward yourself for just staying on program? It helps me sometimes to get through a rough spot. I like to go out and buy a cool piece of jewelry...I don't want to buy any clothes, since I will get to go shopping in my closet.

You and I are in the same spot almost exactly. About the same height and weight. And I am also "on a reboot".
The second time around is harder, according to my coach and I have seen other comments about that on these threads.
The good news is that you KNOW it works, and it will this time too. Physiologically it just has to if you stay OP.
And
You are probably due for a big whoosh!

One more tip. I really like the Smooth Move tea, for one obvious reason (poop weighs a bunch sometimes:?:) and it is a good way to get water in . I drink one per day. More than one a day would put me in the bathroom most of the day!

Hang in there. I'm with ya!:hug:

Sunflower40
02-08-2014, 09:58 AM
I'm in the same boat this week, scale barely moved at home, I have my official WI in a couple of hours. I just hope I lost inches because I can see my body shrinking.

I'm discouraged because I did everything right this week. Very frustrating but can't let the scale defeat me.

Sunflower40
02-08-2014, 09:59 AM
Delgen I must try that smooth move tea. It's been tough "going" this week. Do you get it from the health food stores?

Delgen
02-08-2014, 10:00 AM
I'm in the same boat this week, scale barely moved at home, I have my official WI in a couple of hours. I just hope I lost inches because I can see my body shrinking.

I'm discouraged because I did everything right this week. Very frustrating but can't let the scale defeat me.

Find some NSV from the week if you can. I hope it goes well!

KLD81230
02-08-2014, 10:10 AM
This time around is much slower for me as well... and I was a very slow loser last time...

Instead of getting down, I make it motivate me to NOT get in this situation anymore where I NEED a big reboot!! If I would have not fallen off the wagon, I wouldn't be here complaining about my slow losses. :)

Keep with it everyone... remember a small loss is better than a zero loss or a gain.

Delgen
02-08-2014, 10:43 AM
Delgen I must try that smooth move tea. It's been tough "going" this week. Do you get it from the health food stores?
I got it at Target!

65X65
02-08-2014, 11:27 AM
I got it at Target!
I have seen it at several grocery stores within the specialty/herb tea selections as well as at Walgreens ..The Vitamin Shoppe and other drug store chains...

Has anyone tried the chocolate? I've seen it on line, but have not found a single box to try..

Actually I use smooth move frequently..(not daily..maybe 1or2 X /week) on the direction of my GI team and the surgeon under whose scalpel...I not so gracefully or deftly dodged away from a few months ago. MgCitrate capsules are a help 3-4 days a week. I take 2 of them at lunch time. (about 400Mg) with EXTRA water.

There are also some other Asian teas that have senna as a major ingredient...(you can tell by the name of the tea what it's supposed to do ..LOL) ...check the ingredients. They work pretty well too.

First few times you try any of this stick close to home or office restroom as degree/speed of reaction varies by individual. 2 dulcolax in the AM will do it's job by dinner usually.....if the smooth move for some reason is a dud. I do resort to that at least 1-2 X a month. It is a given though I have an anatomical issue that is not forgiving since I began this diet...even though I am pretty much on maintenance now, my experience is one of an ongoing issue unrelated to IP......just exacerbated by any of the protein products or supplements I use to help maintain. If you are having severe issues...I can not stress enough to loop your Dr. into your protocol. If your clinic is not run by an MD...the "coach" is not going to be your best source of reassurance what you are doing is a good thing.

lisa32989
02-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Okay everyone
Attitude adjustment time!

If you don't like the slow moving scale, perhaps you'd trade for my months-long stall?
If I can be stalled and still plugging along, glad I'm not gaining it all back, you can be losing slowly and moving forward at turtle speed. It's all good!

A loss is a loss!
Celebrate it!

65X65
02-08-2014, 12:06 PM
Okay everyone

If you don't like the slow moving scale, perhaps you'd trade for my months-long stall?
If I can be stalled and still plugging along, glad I'm not gaining it all back, you can be losing slowly and moving forward at turtle speed. It's all good!

A loss is a loss!
Celebrate it!

Everyone...take heed...:cool:
One day at a time...:running:the finish line is not going anywhere....:snail:. You will need to make your peace, as many of us have had to do in this. In the long run it is all good. You are healthier than you were, and striving for better...is not ever bad!
:grouphug:

Sunflower40
02-08-2014, 02:07 PM
I got it at Target!

oh really? Canada has Target now, have to get some. This Big C kills me sometimes.

Back from my official WI and the scale stayed the same this week:?:
I was soooo hoping to be in the 130's this week

Bellamack
02-08-2014, 02:21 PM
Slow & Steady wins the race :)

I found Smooth Move at Wegmans, WalMart, & Target. I don't drink it often, I didn't know if it was safe. I don't want to become dependent on it. I never have the "c" issue, only on IP

Enjoy the olympics :)

Delgen
02-08-2014, 03:30 PM
Okay everyone

A loss is a loss!
Celebrate it!

AMEN

Dakin
02-08-2014, 06:50 PM
Don't forget about inches..and have you been exercising? Muscle weighs more...and..you ARE that much closer to goal.Not a bad thing! Don't get caught up in the scale...it's only a piece of the process..keep it in perspective.

Good Point 65! I haven't measured since the reboot - I suppose I should! Thanks for the reminder!

Stalls can be so frustrating. It has to come off eventually. So keep going. Look for those NSV as much as you can. I like the idea of measuring.

Do you ever reward yourself for just staying on program? It helps me sometimes to get through a rough spot. I like to go out and buy a cool piece of jewelry...I don't want to buy any clothes, since I will get to go shopping in my closet.

You and I are in the same spot almost exactly. About the same height and weight. And I am also "on a reboot". The second time around is harder, according to my coach and I have seen other comments about that on these threads.
The good news is that you KNOW it works, and it will this time too. Physiologically it just has to if you stay OP. And you are probably due for a big whoosh!

One more tip. I really like the Smooth Move tea, for one obvious reason (poop weighs a bunch sometimes:?:) and it is a good way to get water in . I drink one per day. More than one a day would put me in the bathroom most of the day!

Hang in there. I'm with ya!:hug:

Delgen,
Thanks for the kind words. I know I need to focus on the positive, but sometimes it's hard. I'll look into the tea... if needed. So far, I'm having the opposite problem... same as last time. (a little TMI)

(((hugs))) Sunflower. We'll get through it together. For me it's the KNOWING that it works that's keeping me going... I just wish it would be more readily apparent. lol

This time around is much slower for me as well... and I was a very slow loser last time...

Instead of getting down, I make it motivate me to NOT get in this situation anymore where I NEED a big reboot!! If I would have not fallen off the wagon, I wouldn't be here complaining about my slow losses. :)

Keep with it everyone... remember a small loss is better than a zero loss or a gain.

KLD Your stats are very close to Delgen's and mine. We can be in a mini-club together!

Okay everyone

A loss is a loss!
Celebrate it!

Lisa, Thanks for the reality check.

I went out today to a wonderful market for produce and stocked up on all things IP friendly. Then stopped at TJ Maxx and bought a size 8 pair of dress pants... too tight right now, but I AM going to wear them in March!
Just had a delicious dinner of turkey burger and oven-roasted cabbage.
Time to watch some mindless TV since hubby is out 2nite.
Peace to everyone!

patns
02-08-2014, 11:47 PM

Only place I found it was Planet Organic. I can't remember now if it had the exact same name but it was compatible. Actually I think it was the same name. It has a nice slightly licorice taste.

patns
02-08-2014, 11:50 PM
I don't think Lisa is talking about losing slowly. It is discouraging when the loss stops totally for a very long period. I will be interested if you can share what the doctor says Lisa.

Pat

Sunflower40
02-09-2014, 09:37 AM
Only place I found it was Planet Organic. I can't remember now if it had the exact same name but it was compatible. Actually I think it was the same name. It has a nice slightly licorice taste.

thanks Patns, I will check that out for sure.
The constipation is unbearable at times. I have resorted to adding a tablespoon of ground flax to my shake, I don't care if it's off plan. I need to "go":o

patns
02-09-2014, 11:47 AM
The constipation is unbearable at times. I have resorted to adding a tablespoon of ground flax to my shake, I don't care if it's off plan. I need to "go":o

Yes and the resulting continuous headache just about did me in. You know OP is very expensive hut worth it.

Sunflower40
02-10-2014, 08:38 PM
well I cheated this weekend, not sure why, but I did. Not huge cheats but nonetherless they were cheats and I'm sure I'll pay for it on Saturday.
I am not sure what happens but whenever I reach 140 I seem to derail myself and not reach the 130's as a result. I'm trying really hard but sometimes it's not enough sighhhh

Patns, I don't suffer from the continuous headaches, but I do feel weak and sleepy most afternoons, even after my restricted lunch bar/oatmeal. This Saturday was so bad I had an apple and felt instant energy. Not sure it's worth it sometimes to be honest. I do miss fruit

knm
02-10-2014, 08:43 PM
well I cheated this weekend, not sure why, but I did. Not huge cheats but nonetherless they were cheats and I'm sure I'll pay for it on Saturday.
I am not sure what happens but whenever I reach 140 I seem to derail myself and not reach the 130's as a result. I'm trying really hard but sometimes it's not enough sighhhh

Patns, I don't suffer from the continuous headaches, but I do feel weak and sleepy most afternoons, even after my restricted lunch bar/oatmeal. This Saturday was so bad I had an apple and felt instant energy. Not sure it's worth it sometimes to be honest. I do miss fruit

Sunflower, just get back on track. One cheat doesn't mean your week is ruined! Get back on the wagon. Your dress fitting in coming up! No more excuses, your goal is to be 130, so don't stop until you get there!

lisa32989
02-10-2014, 09:38 PM
I don't think Lisa is talking about losing slowly. It is discouraging when the loss stops totally for a very long period. I will be interested if you can share what the doctor says Lisa.

Pat

I was totally addressing the complaints about slow losses
Complaint dept enter here. You can trade with me. I'll take your slow losses.

Sunflower40
02-10-2014, 11:34 PM
Sunflower, just get back on track. One cheat doesn't mean your week is ruined! Get back on the wagon. Your dress fitting in coming up! No more excuses, your goal is to be 130, so don't stop until you get there!

thanks so much, I needed to hear that. I marinaded pork chops for dinner and making brussel sprouts to go with it. Still pushing towards 130. You're the best!!:hug:

kcdoe
02-11-2014, 06:52 AM
You can do it Sunfower!!!!

I lost 3.6 in 2 weeks, not bad considering I fell off this weekend myself. But I was just about to hit the big time.....below 200 for the first time in 10 years and I sabotaged it. Unknowingly and unintentionally perhaps but none the less my choices this weekend led to it. Yesterdays weigh in would have been the happy dance of finally reaching my goal. I ended up not eating much at all yesterday, just lost my drive for a moment. But back on track today!!!! :):)

Good Luck all on a beautiful OP day!!!

kdspirited
02-11-2014, 10:10 AM

Sunflower try probiotics at the healthfood store. I swear by them. They are the only things that keep me regular at all times. I highly recommend it

Sunflower40
02-11-2014, 11:09 AM
Sunflower try probiotics at the healthfood store. I swear by them. They are the only things that keep me regular at all times. I highly recommend it

hmm will check that out as well, thank you

knm
02-11-2014, 03:27 PM
Just came back from second weigh in and am down another 2 lbs. Not huge, but I had a great first week so wasn't expecting much this week. I'm not sure what to do for a goal. My coach says 125 so I can maintain it, but I was there last year and still had lots of fat to lose. Being so short doesn't make it easy! I think I'm gonna try for 120. Ideally I'd like to phase off in about a month. I want to join this strength training class at the beginning of April, so will see where I'm at in early March and go from there.

finale
02-11-2014, 03:43 PM
Sunflower40:
I too tend to sabatoge myself or something. I hit 206 last Thursday and my husband and I headed out of town and that was not good. I ate too much and wow, but I did stick to getting my workout in each day and it did help. I did not beat myself up too bad and want to know that reading things posted on this website are helping me.
I have to figure out why I won't let my self get under 206 or even the 199's?
I have accomplished so much when I stay OP and stick to the comfortable way of eating and guidelines this new way of life gives me.
I need to start carrying my WF dressings in my purse again and stick to what I should be eating..
Here is to staying OP and loosing the next 30-40 pounds and seeing what the future holds after that.
I am important and I deserve this, for ME

Sunflower40
02-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Just came back from second weigh in and am down another 2 lbs. Not huge, but I had a great first week so wasn't expecting much this week. I'm not sure what to do for a goal. My coach says 125 so I can maintain it, but I was there last year and still had lots of fat to lose. Being so short doesn't make it easy! I think I'm gonna try for 120. Ideally I'd like to phase off in about a month. I want to join this strength training class at the beginning of April, so will see where I'm at in early March and go from there.

I'm so jealous of you right now:dizzy:
very happy to hear though, you're so close to goal wow
I think if you want to try and get to 120 go for it and give yourself a leeway of 5 lbs between 120-125. Good luck and keep up the great work.

also, can you give me an sample menu of what your day consist of? do you eat much red meat? are you using restricteds?

Sunflower40
02-11-2014, 05:23 PM
Sunflower40:
I too tend to sabatoge myself or something. I hit 206 last Thursday and my husband and I headed out of town and that was not good. I ate too much and wow, but I did stick to getting my workout in each day and it did help. I did not beat myself up too bad and want to know that reading things posted on this website are helping me.
I have to figure out why I won't let my self get under 206 or even the 199's?
I have accomplished so much when I stay OP and stick to the comfortable way of eating and guidelines this new way of life gives me.
I need to start carrying my WF dressings in my purse again and stick to what I should be eating..
Here is to staying OP and loosing the next 30-40 pounds and seeing what the future holds after that.
I am important and I deserve this, for ME

I wish I knew what makes me do what I do. I guess I'm just weak when it comes to certain foods. It's social settings that affect me the most. Last week I had company and did so great. This week I had company and failed miserably. The difference is the food. I'm from the caribbean and can't seem to stay away from the foods I grew up with. This weekend it was all local food prepared by my mom:D

knm
02-12-2014, 02:25 PM
I'm so jealous of you right now:dizzy:
very happy to hear though, you're so close to goal wow
I think if you want to try and get to 120 go for it and give yourself a leeway of 5 lbs between 120-125. Good luck and keep up the great work.

also, can you give me an sample menu of what your day consist of? do you eat much red meat? are you using restricteds?

Thanks Sunflower. You won't be jealous after you hear that I woke up with TOM and am up 1.2 lbs! Argh, I know it doesn't mean anything, but I was loving the consistent pattern I had going. Hopefully by my weigh in next week it'll be gone and I'll have a quick whoosh before!

As for a sample menu, I'm one of those people that can eat the same few things over and over again for months before I get sick of them. Thankfully!
Breakfast - more often than not it's a chocolate RTD, the odd time I'll do the chocolate drink mix or either the peach-mango or orange drink.
Lunch - I usually have salad with chicken on it. I go to a little cafe we have close to my work and get mixed greens with red peppers, cucumbers, mushrooms, pickles and red onions. Their dressings aren't 100% compliant I'm sure, but they're oil based and absolutely delicious! Until I start plateauing I refuse to give up salad dressing that makes a salad edible. I've tried making my own but they never turn out right.
About once a week I'll have lamb for lunch. I'm sure there's too much fat in it, some days it seems extra greasy, but again, until I start plateauing I'm not too worried about it.
I would say I eat red meat maybe once a week. I'll have ham every once in a while too.
Snack - lately I've been trying to have itafter work and before supper, just so I'm not eating right before bed. It's always a restricted, it's the only thing that gets rid of my sweet tooth. Mostly I have the wafers, I switch it up between all three flavors. Maybe once a week I'll have the brownie and the odd time the dill pickle zippers when I'm craving something salty.
Supper - I've been doing 1 of 2 things the last two weeks.
1 - rotini with veggies (bean sprouts, broccoli, mushroom, peppers, depends what I have on hand) and then use the Guy's smokey bbq sauce.
2 - chicken ala king - I make it over the stove and then roast cauliflower, mushrooms and cabbage in the over, then pour it over the veggies. Sometimes if I need a bit extra flavour I will add some of the Heinz (low sugar or no sugar, whatever it is) ketchup.

For some reason this all seems to be working for me right now, but keep in mind I've only been on plan for 2 weeks. I'm sure I'm gonna have to start being more restrictive in the next week or so. I know the closer I get to goal the less I'll be able to get away with.

eandc2006
02-12-2014, 03:19 PM
Hey Sunflower and Kmn...back to phase 1 for me. Have been spying lately (well since I was last on phase 1 in September) but have had a myriad of health issues that I needed to resolve before getting back into phase 1 again. On day 8 and not hungry really but lost just a few lbs (about 3-4). I have a non-digital scale so its hard to get a completely accurate reading at times. Anyways, glad to see you both and look forward to visiting with you all. Sunflower, where are you from in the carib? I lived in Dominica for several years and looooovvvvvved the food!

knm
02-12-2014, 04:50 PM
Hey Sunflower and Kmn...back to phase 1 for me. Have been spying lately (well since I was last on phase 1 in September) but have had a myriad of health issues that I needed to resolve before getting back into phase 1 again. On day 8 and not hungry really but lost just a few lbs (about 3-4). I have a non-digital scale so its hard to get a completely accurate reading at times. Anyways, glad to see you both and look forward to visiting with you all. Sunflower, where are you from in the carib? I lived in Dominica for several years and looooovvvvvved the food!

Welcome back eandc! 8 days and down 3-4 lbs is amazing! Keep up the great work!

eandc2006
02-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Thank you. It has been pretty easy this time around. I feel like I have been battling the same 5lbs for months and have decided to lower my goal to 125 so that I have some cushion from 125-130 rather than 135-140. You guys are doing awesome and plugging right along! Did you all restart in early January?

knm
02-12-2014, 06:34 PM
Thank you. It has been pretty easy this time around. I feel like I have been battling the same 5lbs for months and have decided to lower my goal to 125 so that I have some cushion from 125-130 rather than 135-140. You guys are doing awesome and plugging right along! Did you all restart in early January?

I didn't restart until Jan 28th, so I've barely begun!

kdspirited
02-13-2014, 09:14 AM

Hi eandc I have the same stats as you. I always used to get stuck at 125 as well. This time I am going to give myself longer to get down to 120 knowing that 125 is my plateau point. And I will probably introduce more exercise into the mix

eandc2006
02-13-2014, 11:38 AM
Hey guys. So good to buddy up on here...its so helpful for me. Glad to hear we are in this together.

kdspirited I am always hanging out between 135-140 and I would love to be around 125-130 because really 130 is where I feel really good. That being said, I figured I would give myself 30 days to see what happens. I know aside from just losing the weight just taking 30 days to do some retraining of my taste buds will be good. I got down to 130 in September but really had a helluva couple months with some health concerns related to a pregnancy that turned out not be viable in late November.

Looking forward to chatting with you all.

knm
02-13-2014, 12:55 PM
Phewf! Woke up this morning and I'm down the 1.4 I was up the day before, plus another 0.4! I've got a big weekend coming up so if I can manage to maintain this week I'll be happy!

deelee10
02-13-2014, 01:08 PM

Hi!
Good compromises Redek, way to work it KNM, good job Sun! I need to get back on the wagon.

I started out okay in January. Went on vacation, had a nice time, though I didnít get to spend as much time with my younger son. I have the REALLY EMPTY NEST, 2 parents with Alzheimers and sometimes cancer which eats into the time I should be using to find a hobby. Came home, got a little depressed and ended up undoing all my progress with the heavy artillery Ė all the evil Valentines stuff was everywhere I looked. I succumbed. At first I didnít gain much weight so I got worse. Then I started coming down with a cold, which I got from my husband who becomes a cranky baby when sick. Anyway, I felt the worst on Tuesday and yesterday. Yesterday I was too sick to eat evil stuff but I didnít feel like eating meat, salads or vegetables. I did find that I really like the IP chicken noodle soup. And the apple cinnamon crunchies. I believe theyíre restricted and I had too many but it was an improvement. I had been working out until I got sick. Today, while I donít feel terrific, Iím going to stick to IP foods. Iím going to weigh myself which will scare the snot out of me. Then I have to find something soft to eat that is on plan. Maybe some tender chicken and broccoli.
Hallloween and VDay are hard on me. Iím going to have to stay out of the stores.
You ladies have been doing great! Keep up the good work!

eandc2006
02-13-2014, 01:40 PM
Phewf! Woke up this morning and I'm down the 1.4 I was up the day before, plus another 0.4! I've got a big weekend coming up so if I can manage to maintain this week I'll be happy!

Way to go Sun! This is awesome. TOM is horrible on losses...at least for me. Keep it going!

eandc2006
02-13-2014, 01:41 PM
Hi!
Good compromises Redek, way to work it KNM, good job Sun! I need to get back on the wagon.

I started out okay in January. Went on vacation, had a nice time, though I didnít get to spend as much time with my younger son. I have the REALLY EMPTY NEST, 2 parents with Alzheimers and sometimes cancer which eats into the time I should be using to find a hobby. Came home, got a little depressed and ended up undoing all my progress with the heavy artillery Ė all the evil Valentines stuff was everywhere I looked. I succumbed. At first I didnít gain much weight so I got worse. Then I started coming down with a cold, which I got from my husband who becomes a cranky baby when sick. Anyway, I felt the worst on Tuesday and yesterday. Yesterday I was too sick to eat evil stuff but I didnít feel like eating meat, salads or vegetables. I did find that I really like the IP chicken noodle soup. And the apple cinnamon crunchies. I believe theyíre restricted and I had too many but it was an improvement. I had been working out until I got sick. Today, while I donít feel terrific, Iím going to stick to IP foods. Iím going to weigh myself which will scare the snot out of me. Then I have to find something soft to eat that is on plan. Maybe some tender chicken and broccoli.
Hallloween and VDay are hard on me. Iím going to have to stay out of the stores.
You ladies have been doing great! Keep up the good work!

OMG I hate being sick OP. Its miserable! All I want is something warm and comforting to put me to bed. Have you tried a homemade noodle soup with veggies, broth, and the rotini? That may help until you are feeling better.

Sunflower40
02-13-2014, 01:47 PM
Hi ladies
you guys are doing so well
this week I had terrible issues with the big C so took smooth move tea last night and it really helped this morning
no cheating this week so feeling great to be back on track
KNM you're so awesome. Thanks for sharing your menu with me. It sounds very similar to mine, if/when I use salad dressing, I use store bought and full fat dressing to replace my oil for the day. I refuse to use WF dressings. They're gross. I have my restricted for lunch most days and love the wafers too. This week I've been having the oatmeal for lunch and today I have a wafer. I can't have the brownie, it makes me fart to much lol
I might have to try the rotini with those veggies and the Guy's sauce...sounds yummy. I hate the texture/taste of the rotini. Haven't weighed myself but not expecting great things this week. I need to stay on track this weekend. I have two parties to attend and will be surrounded by food.

Deelee do you have cancer? I'm not sure if I read your post correct? sounds like you are having a tough time with the goodies. Maybe don't buy them or give them away?

eandc I think you meant "way to go knm" lol

eandc2006
02-13-2014, 06:00 PM
OMG...yes, you are right...I did mean kmn. I am so out of it today guys!

kdspirited
02-13-2014, 08:55 PM
I have to say the weight is coming off much slower this time around. I am glad its winter and I dont have to step out too much but I have been beating myself up about gaining all this weight back. I lost 22 pounds 2 years ago on IP and then allowed myself to gain all of it back +5 more. I have a big event coming up in March and my target was to drop 15lbs by then. It looks like Ill be lucky if I can get to 12. I know I know 12lbs is a lot but I will still be in 140's and I want to be in the 130s by then. Urgggggggghh!

Sunflower40
02-14-2014, 06:34 PM
feeling sooo hungry these past couple of days
haven't weighed since last Saturday but I'm not expecting great things for my WI tomorrow. Would be nice to see the 130's but I'm afraid my cheat this past weekend probably knocked me out of ketosis and took me all week to get back in.

Sunflower40
02-14-2014, 06:37 PM
I have to say the weight is coming off much slower this time around. I am glad its winter and I dont have to step out too much but I have been beating myself up about gaining all this weight back. I lost 22 pounds 2 years ago on IP and then allowed myself to gain all of it back +5 more. I have a big event coming up in March and my target was to drop 15lbs by then. It looks like Ill be lucky if I can get to 12. I know I know 12lbs is a lot but I will still be in 140's and I want to be in the 130s by then. Urgggggggghh!

same with me, every week I stepped on the scale I saw results but this time around I'm scared to be disappointed by stepping on the scale. Don't beat yourself up, you're back on track and that's the most important thing. Even if you get 10 lbs off by that date you will look awesome because you're still very small.

Sunflower40
02-15-2014, 10:41 AM
down .5 at home this week, which puts me into the 130's, guess I should celebrate but I'm not happy with my slow progress. All my fault though

knm
02-15-2014, 11:54 AM
down .5 at home this week, which puts me into the 130's, guess I should celebrate but I'm not happy with my slow progress. All my fault though

A loss is a loss! Learn from your mistakes. You cheated last weekend, don't allow yourself to do it again. You made the 130s! That's awesome! Celebrate that (without food)! You're still .5 lb closer to goal than you were last week. If you stay on track this week you could very well have a bigger loss next week! Give yourself one solid week of being on plan with zero cheats. If you don't lose next week, then you can have a pity party!

Sunflower40
02-15-2014, 12:25 PM
A loss is a loss! Learn from your mistakes. You cheated last weekend, don't allow yourself to do it again. You made the 130s! That's awesome! Celebrate that (without food)! You're still .5 lb closer to goal than you were last week. If you stay on track this week you could very well have a bigger loss next week! Give yourself one solid week of being on plan with zero cheats. If you don't lose next week, then you can have a pity party!

that's great advice knm. You're so right, I really need a good week without any deviations to get me back on the game. Just got home from my official WI and lost .4 at my coach's scale, 1.5 inches overall. Last week even though I didn't lose I lost 2 inches, my waist is now 26.5:D

Sunflower40
02-15-2014, 03:15 PM
just had the IP chili for lunch and it was YUCK
never again, glad I bought 1 packet only

kdspirited
02-15-2014, 03:40 PM
same with me, every week I stepped on the scale I saw results but this time around I'm scared to be disappointed by stepping on the scale. Don't beat yourself up, you're back on track and that's the most important thing. Even if you get 10 lbs off by that date you will look awesome because you're still very small.

Thanks Sunflower. I know I should look at the bright side. I am not alone looking for instant gratification. I had a small NSV where people started asking me if I have lost weight. I guess I can look forward to more such NSV's :carrot:

kdspirited
02-16-2014, 09:36 AM
Up 1.2lbs today. How?Just How is that even possible. I have been 100% OP. This is so disheartening. I am going to up my water for the next three days. Hope I loose this and another pound which is what I should have been down by this week

Sunflower40
02-16-2014, 10:40 AM
please don't weigh yourself every day because you will become discouraged if you can't handle the small fluctuations! I only weigh on my WI day and that's enough for me. I know I don't have much to lose either, like you, and don't expect to lose every day like some do, plus I'm a slow loser. This alone makes me stay away from the scale.

Go by how your clothese are feeling. I bet they're soooo much more looser already and the bloat is gone.

Sunflower40
02-16-2014, 10:46 AM
morning everyone
NSV for me - last night I went to a birthday party and only had rotisserie chicken and salad!!! HUGE Phillipino feast was out, with a whole roasted pig too. OH yes I did have some of the pork, it was delicious!! But no cake, no dessert, no noodles, no rice..

feeling so good this morning, I hope it pays off on Saturday at my WI. Now the challenge is today. Another birthday party with Trinidadian food, my weakness!!

eandc2006
02-16-2014, 10:05 PM
Hey guys. Had a crazy weekend with family.com town.they all ordered in ban today and it looked and smelled so good. Went overboard with veggies and probably had close to 7 cups but started away from the stuff I really wanted so I will consider that a success! New week tomorrow and Tuesday will make two weeks back on.

eandc2006
02-16-2014, 10:05 PM
OMG autocorrect. Bbq

mars735
02-16-2014, 10:17 PM
kdspirited If you are OP and gained weight, a frequent cause, if you'll pardon some tmi, is constipation. You can hold up to 10 lbs in your colon. If that's what's going on, maybe the extra water will solve it. I used Smooth Move tea but there are other good remedies out there. I agree w Sunflower re daily weighing--it can drive you nuts!

eanc, Sounds like you did great. Family + BBQ are 2 big triggers for me. Congratulations on big NSV!

kcdoe
02-17-2014, 06:35 AM
Weigh in day :( not a good week. I allowed myself to many bites of this and that. An extra thing an extra that. Two weeks in a row that I have sabotaged myself from reaching the under 200. hmmm wonder why. Is there a therapist in the house LOL ....
Also on the vein of TMI we all talk about saggy skin and it coming back after 6 months on maintenance what about breasts. Everyone may not want to talk about this but I'd like to know if anyone knows??
Perhaps its an exercise weight lifting fix?

Ok for this week I've cooked and prepared to hopefully have a good weight loss week. I intent to not get restricted from my coach today and restrict myself until I can control not eating two of them in a day.

Thanks for listening!!!

kdspirited
02-17-2014, 10:26 AM
kdspirited If you are OP and gained weight, a frequent cause, if you'll pardon some tmi, is constipation. You can hold up to 10 lbs in your colon. If that's what's going on, maybe the extra water will solve it. I used Smooth Move tea but there are other good remedies out there. I agree w Sunflower re daily weighing--it can drive you nuts!

eanc, Sounds like you did great. Family + BBQ are 2 big triggers for me. Congratulations on big NSV!

Hi MARS735 yes I thought about that but I have not been totally constipated. I have been going every other day albeit not as much as I would like to. Sorry for the TMI. I am going to up my water and hope it helps to shed the extra poundage.

dukeofllano
02-17-2014, 12:46 PM
Hey y'all, I am rebooting starting today.... I started my original IP last Feb 15th, lost 30 lbs and gained a whole new way of looking at food. Christmas cookies, eggnog, and extra alcohol over the holidays put 10 lbs back.

Since then, I have noticed "food creep" (like it talks about in the Refuse to Regain book), where bad foods start creeping in, a bite here and a bite there, or several bites. In fact this weekend I found myself eating out of the kids Valentine bags--- Laffy Taffy and cheap chocolate?? WHY???

Anyway, here I am for a reboot, more than anything to get my brain back on track. I started off with one of my best habits from before-- having a 10:30 snack of sauteed spinach and mushrooms. This morning I threw in some of the cucumber I had been chopping for later as well, and you know what? Sauteed cucumber is SUPER yummy!

Have a wonderful day!

mars735
02-17-2014, 12:56 PM
Hi MARS735 yes I thought about that but I have not been totally constipated. I have been going every other day albeit not as much as I would like to. Sorry for the TMI. I am going to up my water and hope it helps to shed the extra poundage.

nothing to be sorry about here! Adding to the tmi, it can be an issue even when we are going everyday. Been there, done that! Upping the water is a great idea.

Sunflower40
02-17-2014, 09:02 PM
effects of a low carb diet or just IP, not sure - canker sores in my mouth and pimples in places I never even thought I could get pimples!!!

and I'm absolutely sure it's the diet. Anxious to get to goal so I could phase off and start maintaining while eating healthy again.

Sunflower40
02-17-2014, 09:03 PM
Hey y'all, I am rebooting starting today.... I started my original IP last Feb 15th, lost 30 lbs and gained a whole new way of looking at food. Christmas cookies, eggnog, and extra alcohol over the holidays put 10 lbs back.

Since then, I have noticed "food creep" (like it talks about in the Refuse to Regain book), where bad foods start creeping in, a bite here and a bite there, or several bites. In fact this weekend I found myself eating out of the kids Valentine bags--- Laffy Taffy and cheap chocolate?? WHY???

Anyway, here I am for a reboot, more than anything to get my brain back on track. I started off with one of my best habits from before-- having a 10:30 snack of sauteed spinach and mushrooms. This morning I threw in some of the cucumber I had been chopping for later as well, and you know what? Sauteed cucumber is SUPER yummy!

Have a wonderful day!

good luck with your reboot, you will have those lbs off in no time. Good for you for not gaining all of it back entirely

knm
02-18-2014, 09:03 AM
Well the weekend went about as expected. I gave in to some treats at the wedding on Saturday, and then the last two days have been bad since I can never just have one cheat day. That was always my problem in maintenance, I couldn't just have a cheat meal or cheat day. Once I eat some unhealthy food I could eat an entire pantry full. Doesn't help that it's TOM so my cravings were all over the place to begin with.

Oh well, I'm back on today. I'm up 3 lbs, but I know it's all water weight, just hoping it'll only take a couple days to lose it. Hoping to be back to 128 by Friday. I've only got 3 more weeks to go before I start phase 3, so it's down to the grind now!

eandc2006
02-18-2014, 01:44 PM
Thanks Mars735. It was a huge NSV for me because I was definitely wanting some of that delish looking BBQ. I figured the extra cup or two of veggies was not going to be such a big deal...not anywhere close to BBQ sauce, biscuits, etc.

Sunflower, congrats on getting into the 130's! This is exciting news! Stick with it! I am rooting for you!

knm I hate TOM while on phase 1. It is exhausting to fight the battle. I am sure your weight is all water.

TMI here guys but I have had major big C issues. Finally went today and I am hopeful that the scale moves because I am sitting at 135 which is where I was a week ago. WTH? I know last time two weeks of phase 1 I was around 133ish. I figured I would chug chug this week. I am two weeks away from phase 3 and halfway done with this reboot. Praying I get down to 125. I would be elated!

dukeofllano, welcome back. I gained about 6-8lbs myself through the holidays and have jumped back on. Two weeks today. mine is hanging on more than I would like but hey, its OK. Good luck and keep us all in the loop.

Sunflower40
02-18-2014, 03:07 PM
Well the weekend went about as expected. I gave in to some treats at the wedding on Saturday, and then the last two days have been bad since I can never just have one cheat day. That was always my problem in maintenance, I couldn't just have a cheat meal or cheat day. Once I eat some unhealthy food I could eat an entire pantry full. Doesn't help that it's TOM so my cravings were all over the place to begin with.

Oh well, I'm back on today. I'm up 3 lbs, but I know it's all water weight, just hoping it'll only take a couple days to lose it. Hoping to be back to 128 by Friday. I've only got 3 more weeks to go before I start phase 3, so it's down to the grind now!

sorry to hear about that knm, you can recover from this, don't let it get to you. Did your give yourself 3 weeks before starting phase 3? or did your coach do that?

I had a good weekend, went to two bday parties and went out to lunch and I think I did OK, probably not 100% but pretty close to it. I'm sure I ate too many calories in meat and probably too many veggies. Today I am feeling exhausted!! Just feeling to eat a sandwich:o, need me some energy. I had my oatmeal for lunch and it's just not cutting it today. Man this is hard.

Sunflower40
02-18-2014, 03:08 PM
Thanks Mars735. It was a huge NSV for me because I was definitely wanting some of that delish looking BBQ. I figured the extra cup or two of veggies was not going to be such a big deal...not anywhere close to BBQ sauce, biscuits, etc.

Sunflower, congrats on getting into the 130's! This is exciting news! Stick with it! I am rooting for you!

knm I hate TOM while on phase 1. It is exhausting to fight the battle. I am sure your weight is all water.

TMI here guys but I have had major big C issues. Finally went today and I am hopeful that the scale moves because I am sitting at 135 which is where I was a week ago. WTH? I know last time two weeks of phase 1 I was around 133ish. I figured I would chug chug this week. I am two weeks away from phase 3 and halfway done with this reboot. Praying I get down to 125. I would be elated!

dukeofllano, welcome back. I gained about 6-8lbs myself through the holidays and have jumped back on. Two weeks today. mine is hanging on more than I would like but hey, its OK. Good luck and keep us all in the loop.

thanks endandc - I have bought the smooth move and used it only once, don't take it and go to work like I did:D it does work
the big C can add quite a few lbs but mostly it just makes you feel like crap

eandc2006
02-18-2014, 04:23 PM
Yeah, I feel bloated and lethargic which sucks because I am not eating anything practically to warrant that. I hear you on the this is hard...I swear my emotions swing from feeling confident to feeling like I cant take it anymore multiple times each day while doing this. One minute I am like this is fine, I can make it two more weeks then an hour later I am fantasizing about food and when I can be done. Ughhhhh. Rough for sure! Where did you buy the tea?

knm
02-18-2014, 05:19 PM
sorry to hear about that knm, you can recover from this, don't let it get to you. Did your give yourself 3 weeks before starting phase 3? or did your coach do that?

I had a good weekend, went to two bday parties and went out to lunch and I think I did OK, probably not 100% but pretty close to it. I'm sure I ate too many calories in meat and probably too many veggies. Today I am feeling exhausted!! Just feeling to eat a sandwich:o, need me some energy. I had my oatmeal for lunch and it's just not cutting it today. Man this is hard.

I gave myself the 3 more weeks. I have a number of out of town trips planned, some for work, some with friends. I just want to phase off properly beforehand and slowly reintroduce the carbs and stuff before going hog crazy. In my mind I'd still like to eat Phase 2ish afterwards, and if I want to be skinny for my wedding I'll do my best to eat like that until my wedding, but I don't want to be spending money on product during the week if I'm gonna be having wine or off plan food on the weekends. I've read of some people continuing to lose weight in maintenance, and I think I need to approach it that I'm not in full on maintenance. I can have a cheat meal once a week as if I was in maintenance, but during the week I need to stick to veggies and protein.

Sunflower40
02-18-2014, 07:50 PM
Yeah, I feel bloated and lethargic which sucks because I am not eating anything practically to warrant that. I hear you on the this is hard...I swear my emotions swing from feeling confident to feeling like I cant take it anymore multiple times each day while doing this. One minute I am like this is fine, I can make it two more weeks then an hour later I am fantasizing about food and when I can be done. Ughhhhh. Rough for sure! Where did you buy the tea?

I hear ya!
I bought the tea at the organic store downtown, not sure what the name is though, it was expensive, 20 bags were 6 something:o

knm
02-19-2014, 04:24 PM
I made it through yesterday, although I was very close to blowing it. I went into the pantry and almost grabbed some dry cereal... seriously! Dry Vector! Thankfully the box was still sealed so that convinced me it wasn't worth it! Phewf! Feeling better today. Meeting a friend right after dinner for tea so that will keep me busy and full tonight.

Sunflower40
02-19-2014, 04:43 PM
Hi knm, glad to hear you're made it through the day. I felt so hungry this morning I wanted to eat my arms out. I swear if I don't lose atleast a lb this week I'm gonna freak lol.

Tonight I'm going to the rice bowl for supper for my niece's birthday. Just a korean fast food joint, I ordered ahead the skinless chicken and veggies with shrimp, no rice and no sauce. But I know the sodium will make the scale go up. Thankfully I don't weigh each day so don't care to know, but hopefully by Saturday it disappears. When I eat out I always feel like I'm cheating because I haven't prepared it myself.

Hiker88
02-19-2014, 05:24 PM
effects of a low carb diet or just IP, not sure - canker sores in my mouth and pimples in places I never even thought I could get pimples!!!

and I'm absolutely sure it's the diet. Anxious to get to goal so I could phase off and start maintaining while eating healthy again.

I just watched my IP video this morning about hormones and the Dr. Mentioned that fat stores hormones and some people's fat has more testosterone in it so when you are losing on IP you will experience acne or pimples..... estrogen will cause others to lose hair.... some who are in early stages of menopause will get there period again... I thought it was interesting...

eandc2006
02-19-2014, 06:47 PM
Interesting info hiker. Thanks for sharing.

knm
02-20-2014, 09:12 AM
Hi knm, glad to hear you're made it through the day. I felt so hungry this morning I wanted to eat my arms out. I swear if I don't lose atleast a lb this week I'm gonna freak lol.

Tonight I'm going to the rice bowl for supper for my niece's birthday. Just a korean fast food joint, I ordered ahead the skinless chicken and veggies with shrimp, no rice and no sauce. But I know the sodium will make the scale go up. Thankfully I don't weigh each day so don't care to know, but hopefully by Saturday it disappears. When I eat out I always feel like I'm cheating because I haven't prepared it myself.

How was the Rice Bowl? That's great that you planned ahead. Doesn't give you the chance to make a last minute decision you might regret!

I was back down to 129 this morning. Thankfully! I'll go to my weigh in either tomorrow or Saturday. I still had lots of product and with my cheat last weekend I wasn't in a rush to get on the scale in front of my coach.

Starting to make plans for the weekend to stay busy and keep my mind off of food!

eandc2006
02-20-2014, 10:51 AM
Hey gals. Happy Thursday...this weekend cannot come fast enough. For me, working makes me hungry whereas at home I feel much more in control plus I have more distractions...like laying down and relaxing, reading, TV, etc. Today I am working from 8-5 then I have a leadership development program that I am starting from 5-9 tonight. They are serving dinner but I packed mine so all is well.

knm, congrats on steering clear of the cereal. Good job! I know that takes willpower in the moment so good for you.

No losses at all in a week. WTH???? Did use smooth move tea and it helped but I think I could be nearing TOM. Ughhhh, I hate that I am not seeing the scale move-just a lb would be so much more motivating!

Keep on keepin on!

Sunflower40
02-20-2014, 02:43 PM
I can't give you any advice as my scale has not moved in almost 3 weeks, plus tomorrow is TOM
geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and my work clothes are feeling tight this morning WTH?

eandc2006
02-20-2014, 03:09 PM
TOM sucks! That is all!

I started a thread to try and get some insight about why the scale isn't moving, etc. I got some responses and someone said that there is a golden opportunity to loose weight via low carb. Hopefully I haven't missed that boat and messed everything up here.

knm
02-20-2014, 03:36 PM
I agree, TOM is the worst. My cravings get out of control! Thankfully I should be done any day now! Unfortunately I feel a cold coming on. My throat is starting to get really sore and it's only half way through the afternoon and I'm exhausted! Thankfully it's the weekend soon.

I was back down to 129 this morning. Phewf! I'm going for my weigh in either tomorrow or Saturday depending how late I work tomorrow. Hopefully I can lose a little bit before then so I can say I at least lost something this week. My own fault for cheating last weekend though!

Sunflower40
02-20-2014, 03:54 PM
TOM sucks! That is all!

I started a thread to try and get some insight about why the scale isn't moving, etc. I got some responses and someone said that there is a golden opportunity to lose weight via low carb. Hopefully I haven't missed that boat and messed everything up here.

OMG if that's true, I'm pretty sure I've missed it, it's been 2 years of on and off IP for me:?:

knm yay on getting back down to 129, let's hope that cold doesn't turn into that dreaded flu that everyone is getting

mars735
02-20-2014, 03:58 PM
Can't help jumping in here and giving you TOM folks a huge cheer! I'm past that stage and recalling my former TOM insatiable hunger and water retention, I'm thankful for the relatively even keel of my own IP journey at 59-60yrs old. Hang in there!!! No weight loss one week is always disappointing, but it's not uncommon. keep the big picture in mind. Golden opportunity or not, if you stick to the program, you'll get there.

eandc2006
02-20-2014, 04:14 PM
THANK YOU MARS! You are really helping me out today.

kcdoe
02-21-2014, 06:35 AM
shew TGIF, this week with all the ice and snow added to it just being difficult is being met with a swift kick in the pants. bye bye. Liking the scale, awesome to be in the 190's and going down. Much better then the big 200's.
Going to my granddaughters bowling party tomorrow. Lots of people I haven't seen in a long time. I love those events now!! Use to hate them being so overweight, what to wear to hide it. So uncomfortable with myself. Now hmmm I think I'll wear those size 12 tight jeans .... and lol this is fun!!!!
Also have a wedding in June that I'll use for my inspiration.

TGIF everyone!!!

kcdoe
02-21-2014, 06:48 AM
Can't help jumping in here and giving you TOM folks a huge cheer! I'm past that stage and recalling my former TOM insatiable hunger and water retention, I'm thankful for the relatively even keel of my own IP journey at 59-60yrs old. Hang in there!!! No weight loss one week is always disappointing, but it's not uncommon. keep the big picture in mind. Golden opportunity or not, if you stick to the program, you'll get there.

YES Thank you Mars you are always an inspiration!!!:hug:

mars735
02-21-2014, 10:17 AM
Thanks kcdoe & eandc!!! :hug: The thing I miss about TOM is that refreshed and relieved feeling afterwards--Enjoy!

Sunflower40
02-21-2014, 02:33 PM
this is really pissing me off!! I weighed myself today and after a full week, 100% OP, I lost .5 WTH???

my official WI isn't til tomorrow, but geez
The scale has moved less than 1 lb in 3 weeks. This sucks.

PS: clothes are feeling good though.

Bellamack
02-21-2014, 02:42 PM
I can't give you any advice as my scale has not moved in almost 3 weeks, plus tomorrow is TOM
geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzz and my work clothes are feeling tight this morning WTH?

We are in the same boat! Stay the Course :)

kdspirited
02-21-2014, 05:19 PM
I got a bad cold on Wednesday and have been out of commission for 3 days. I had lost .4 lbs on Wednesday and nothing since. Hope to get over this cold soon so I can move on to loosing my weight

Sunflower40
02-21-2014, 08:50 PM
I'm also under the weather today, my fiance is really sick and I think I have it now. Not sure I'll make my WI tomorrow, but seeing as the scale only showed .5 loss this week I'm not too anxious to weigh anyhow.

kcdoe
02-22-2014, 07:30 AM
Love your enthusiasm and congratulations on making it to Onederland, a truly entertaining place to be - show up in those jeans!

Thank you Schenectady!! Get to show up with my granddaughters in tow looking like a hot MOMMOM "50" slim and proud whooo hoo

My granddaughter is so observant! I put on a jacket looking this way and that to wonder is it now to big (he he he to big) or does it make me look slim! My 3 year old walks in and says "mom mom is that pop pop's shirt" enough said lol lol had to kiss her and say "no sweetie momom's just getting to skinny to wear it"

Just love it!!!

Happy weekend everyone!!! :carrot:

kcdoe
02-22-2014, 07:34 AM
I'm also under the weather today, my fiance is really sick and I think I have it now. Not sure I'll make my WI tomorrow, but seeing as the scale only showed .5 loss this week I'm not too anxious to weigh anyhow.

Hope you are better soon Sunflower, perhaps you lost inches!!! ;) last week I only lost 3/4 of a lb but almost 3 inches go figure!! :getwell:

Sunflower40
02-22-2014, 10:36 AM
decided to stay home from my WI today, not feeling well enough
hopefully the scale will move by next week, we shall see
I spoke with my coach and told her and she suggested no restricteds this week, so might give that a try.

Sunflower40
02-22-2014, 05:34 PM
just said screw it today and cheated
had a sandwich for lunch and pizza for dinner and some strawberries
I needed the mental break, diet fatigue is setting in
tomorrow is another day, back on track. Short term goal is to get to 135 by end of March.....

knm
02-22-2014, 08:30 PM
tomorrow is another day, back on track. Short term goal is to get to 135 by end of March.....

4 lbs to your mini goal! You can do it! You're down almost 20 lbs! You can easily do 4! Just get back in the right mind frame. Remind yourself why you're doing this! Your dress fitting's coming up, isn't it? You don't want to start second guessing your choice if you don't feel confident in it during that first fitting!

It's one day, scratch that from your mind and focus on the next few weeks!

mars735
02-22-2014, 08:44 PM

Good for you! IP may or may not agree but recognizing and dealing with diet fatigue will more likely lead to success in the long run than white-knuckling it. You'll be fine tomorrow. Hope you enjoyed the break :)

Sunflower40
02-23-2014, 12:53 AM
4 lbs to your mini goal! You can do it! You're down almost 20 lbs! You can easily do 4! Just get back in the right mind frame. Remind yourself why you're doing this! Your dress fitting's coming up, isn't it? You don't want to start second guessing your choice if you don't feel confident in it during that first fitting!

It's one day, scratch that from your mind and focus on the next few weeks!

thanks knm, it was an indulgence I do not regret. I plan on getting right back to the plan tomorrow. In fact I threw out the leftover pizza so I wouldn't be tempted to eat any tomorrow. I bought salmon, pork chops and chicken, with asparagus and lots of veggies for my suppers this week! I'm interested to know what the scale says after having my 3 slices of pizza tonight and a costco cookie, but I am not that anxious:Dwill weigh on Saturday.

Sunflower40
02-23-2014, 01:44 AM
:oGood for you! IP may or may not agree but recognizing and dealing with diet fatigue will more likely lead to success in the long run than white-knuckling it. You'll be fine tomorrow. Hope you enjoyed the break :)

I felt really sleepy from the carbs today, so I know it knocked me out of ketosis. I know in a couple of days time the cheat will be behind me and I would have moved on from it. Yes I will be fine tomorrow. Food does NOT control me, but I control it. It was worth it to me. Some will differ but quite frankly I don't care.

PS: Won't cheat this much again for another 6 weeks atleast:D
I had pizza, a ham sandwich on rye bread, some strawberries and a costco cookie:o

Sunflower40
02-23-2014, 11:13 AM
decided to weigh this morning out of curiosity and only up 1 lb. IF I nip this in the bud today, that should be gone by Monday. I hope!!

mars735
02-23-2014, 03:50 PM
decided to weigh this morning out of curiosity and only up 1 lb. IF I nip this in the bud today, that should be gone by Monday. I hope!!

It's most likely a little water weight and yes, if you hit it OP today, it should just be a passing blip.

It's always a tricky thing with this issue. I'll throw this out there in case it applies and is helpful, but of course disregard if not--you're doing wonderfully! :)
In my past dieting experience, if the scale was pretty much ok after a slip, some part of me took note and eventually these little transgressions would turn into more frequent and bigger ones that derailed me.

With IP, the commitment to being OP is essential to success, imo, at the same time acknowledging that some slips are inevitable. The thing is to hold the line and stay anchored to the program rather than adjusting and planning for off program things with any regularity. I saw a number of work buddies fall off permanently when they tried to do IP with, say, a"a tiny bit of alcohol" everyday, thinking that since they lost at first, it would somehow work. Maybe it can work, but from what I've seen, the focus and discipline are as essential to success as the packets.

Keep up your great work--you're almost there!

Sunflower40
02-23-2014, 04:00 PM
you're very very right about this. Staying focused is key but I sometimes don't know how to do it. I thought with my wedding in mind I will be, but it's still hard. I actually didn't even plan on cheating this weekend, it just happened. You're right. No planned cheats makes for more success down the line.

Today I wanted to cheat again, especially when I only gained 1 lb. I tried to justify it in my mind, but instead I'm doing really well today. Bit of a headache, but had my shake for lunch and breakfast and salmon with asparagus for dinner. I plan on no restrictives this week, just to see if my coach's suggestion will work to shake things up.
Thanks but you're the one doing so well. Almost to goal for you! how long did you take you?

mars735
02-23-2014, 04:25 PM
That's really great that you said no to the voice that wants just a little more today. I've realized there will never be enough to quiet that part of me, so mostly I try to acknowledge the longing but then move on.

It took me 7 months to get to from 220 to 145, after losing 25 lbs with WW. I reached 145 in back in Sept, then went below a bit, then gained some, (though I fit the same clothes size as the low weight). It takes a little tinkering to settle on a weight range and way of eating that works.

I remember that feeling of diet fatigue toward the end. A huge life event, even a joyful one like a wedding, can be stressful. It's a good chance to work to develop some skills & strategies to meet some old eating habits head on and find alternatives. Easier said than done, lol.

Here's a few things that worked for me, and others 3FCers will have some great ideas too:
1. Writing down the reasons you want to lose weight. The 'whys' are kind of a no brainer, but actually writing them is more powerful than would seem. 2. trying on either the baggier old clothes, or new sizes. Even if you don't buy, it's fun to just go your favorite store to see what your current size is, not worrying about what size you want to get to in the end. Also, consider buying well-fitting clothes second hand each time your size changes, though you are practically at goal.
3. mindfulness practice, sometimes just taking a moment to check in with yourself, focus on breathing in and out. I have on my iphone some guided instruction by Jon Kabat Zinn Wherever you go there you are & anything by Thich Nhat Hanh.

kdspirited
02-24-2014, 12:00 AM
Hi Ladies still under the weather and also travelling for work this week. Double whammy. Sunflower I am glad you are back on track. You are so close to goal keep your eye on the prize almost there. I am right behind you albiet way behind :-) I am 2lbs away from my 10lbs goal. I now know I will not hit the 15lbs I intended before March 15th but whatever I get I will take.

Sunflower40
02-24-2014, 12:03 AM
That's really great that you said no to the voice that wants just a little more today. I've realized there will never be enough to quiet that part of me, so mostly I try to acknowledge the longing but then move on.

It took me 7 months to get to from 220 to 145, after losing 25 lbs with WW. I reached 145 in back in Sept, then went below a bit, then gained some, (though I fit the same clothes size as the low weight). It takes a little tinkering to settle on a weight range and way of eating that works.

I remember that feeling of diet fatigue toward the end. A huge life event, even a joyful one like a wedding, can be stressful. It's a good chance to work to develop some skills & strategies to meet some old eating habits head on and find alternatives. Easier said than done, lol.

Here's a few things that worked for me, and others 3FCers will have some great ideas too:
1. Writing down the reasons you want to lose weight. The 'whys' are kind of a no brainer, but actually writing them is more powerful than would seem. 2. trying on either the baggier old clothes, or new sizes. Even if you don't buy, it's fun to just go your favorite store to see what your current size is, not worrying about what size you want to get to in the end. Also, consider buying well-fitting clothes second hand each time your size changes, though you are practically at goal.
3. mindfulness practice, sometimes just taking a moment to check in with yourself, focus on breathing in and out. I have on my iphone some guided instruction by Jon Kabat Zinn Wherever you go there you are & anything by Thich Nhat Hanh.

such good advice, thanks so much. I especially need to work on my breathing and to keep in mind why I really want this. Not just for one day, for my wedding, but for life. I want to feel happy in my body for life and have all intentions of not gaining this weight back.

I think what really discourages me is when I don't see the scale move, like this week I was 100% OP and lost .5, last week I could understand why I lost .4 because I ate off plan, but this week it just made me mad. MY period is also late so I think the diet is messing with my cycle, I'm always on time. Just want to be at goal now and be done with it..with IP anyhow. Getting pimples and kanker sores in my mouth. I don't like the side effects. My hair has become so thin too.

Back on track today, going to weigh every day this week, simply out of curiosity. I have never done this before. I am just hoping my dress doesn't come in earlier than May because I won't be at goal any sooner.

Sunflower40
02-24-2014, 12:05 AM
Hi Ladies still under the weather and also travelling for work this week. Double whammy. Sunflower I am glad you are back on track. You are so close to goal keep your eye on the prize almost there. I am right behind you albiet way behind :-) I am 2lbs away from my 10lbs goal. I now know I will not hit the 15lbs I intended before March 15th but whatever I get I will take.

I admire anyone who can travel while on IP. You're doing great. Keep it up and let us know how it goes. You still have almost 3 weeks left, lots can be done by then. This flu is knocking everyone down.

mars735
02-24-2014, 10:35 AM
such good advice, thanks so much. I especially need to work on my breathing and to keep in mind why I really want this. Not just for one day, for my wedding, but for life. I want to feel happy in my body for life and have all intentions of not gaining this weight back.

I think what really discourages me is when I don't see the scale move, like this week I was 100% OP and lost .5, last week I could understand why I lost .4 because I ate off plan, but this week it just made me mad. MY period is also late so I think the diet is messing with my cycle, I'm always on time. Just want to be at goal now and be done with it..with IP anyhow. Getting pimples and kanker sores in my mouth. I don't like the side effects. My hair has become so thin too.

Back on track today, going to weigh every day this week, simply out of curiosity. I have never done this before. I am just hoping my dress doesn't come in earlier than May because I won't be at goal any sooner.

You are welcome!:)
The scale can be a cruel mistress, lol. I think your goals are wonderful (not that my opinion is what matters). Keep returning to them when you feel discouraged. Your wedding and marriage won't be negatively impacted if you were to stop losing weight now, btw. Your dress would either have to be altered to the size you are, or you would have to get another one. Not such a bad thing. More important is being happy in your body, and mind, too.

That's not meant to encourage you to stop your diet, far from it. It's that I feel we all have these goals in life that we want to get on with, and losing weight seems like an obstacle to just get over with so we can get on with the "important things".
Having struggled with weight issues almost my entire life, I've come to recognize that getting to a weight I liked IS the important thing--to me anyway. I'm willing to throw anything and everything I got at it. It comes first before everything else--for me. I like moving with ease and not tiring easily. I like fitting into a consistent size of clothing and not agonizing every time I need an outfit for a special occasion. I love the feeling that I achieved this goal, as much as anything else I've accomplished in my life.

Rambling over! Hope you have a wonderful week and keep us posted.

eandc2006
02-24-2014, 10:44 AM
Sunflower, I am cheering you on! I know you can do this. I TOTALLY understand the not losing thing despite being OP and feeling defeated in a way because when the scale moves it keeps the momentum going. However, I am confident that you will get there soon. I think you have a lot to celebrate already because you have lost close to 20lbs which is amazing! Congrats on that.

I was speaking with my mom this weekend, who is a diet pro, and been on everything imaginable...including IP (she had success but slow) and she said that a cheat day/meal can be a good idea to not only relieve some of the mental exhaustion that comes with dieting but also can be helpful in mixing it up. While you may see a 1lb gain, it may kick start your body to work on those carbs/fats. She and I were talking about why the scale has not moved for me and she suggested giving it a shot to see if anything happens.

Good for you for picking back up OP and setting a new mini goal. I will say that when I did IP the first time around in 2012 my coach was not allowing me restricted...in fact I had no idea what they were until I was snooping around on here and went back and asked her. She said she doesn't like to use them b/c people loose more. Anyways, give it a shot. I think you will have some success!

Remember we all want this for you! Go girl!

knm
02-24-2014, 11:53 AM
No idea how, but I made it through the weekend. I went for my weigh in Friday after work and was only down 0.2 lbs. I swear our scales are so far off! My second weigh in my scale said 0.8 and she told me 2. Friday I thought I was down 1.8 and she says only 0.2! Oh well. After that I was so tempted to go grab some candy but I went home and ate one of the new unrestricted salt and vinegar chips (pretty good for an unrestricted!) and took a nap! Haha. Woke up, had supper then met some girlfriends for tea and then it was bedtime! Usually if I can get through Friday evening the cravings subside on Saturday and by Sunday they're gone again.
If I can have two good weigh ins, I should be under 125 by the 7th of March and I'm gonna phase off.

I've signed up for a fitness program that starts middle of March and have an appointment with a dietician next Wednesday to get me better prepared for maintenance this time around!

Sunflower - even if your dress comes in before May, put off trying it on for a couple weeks if you want. Just make sure you try it on when your confidence is up! You should feel your best in your wedding gown and if you're having a crummy day, maybe postpone it!

I have an appointment to try my dress on for my mom in March. It's not actually my dress, but one the store had ordered in for someone who eventually backed out of buying it. It's one size bigger than I ordered, so hopefully it's a smidge loose! When I tried it on in September it fit almost perfect so hopefully I've lost enough inches that the size down will be the proper size!

Sunflower40
02-24-2014, 03:16 PM
thanks everyone for their support
that lb is still sticking to me, weighed the same today, I think I actually like the idea of weighing everyday for a week, would be interesting to see what it says tomorrow.
KNM you're so close to goal!! way to go. Were you at 125 before? I think it's great you're going to see a dietician, I have no interest in IP maintenance. How did you find out about this dietician? is it through a hospital/clinic?

Sunflower40
02-24-2014, 03:19 PM
Sunflower, I am cheering you on! I know you can do this. I TOTALLY understand the not losing thing despite being OP and feeling defeated in a way because when the scale moves it keeps the momentum going. However, I am confident that you will get there soon. I think you have a lot to celebrate already because you have lost close to 20lbs which is amazing! Congrats on that.

I was speaking with my mom this weekend, who is a diet pro, and been on everything imaginable...including IP (she had success but slow) and she said that a cheat day/meal can be a good idea to not only relieve some of the mental exhaustion that comes with dieting but also can be helpful in mixing it up. While you may see a 1lb gain, it may kick start your body to work on those carbs/fats. She and I were talking about why the scale has not moved for me and she suggested giving it a shot to see if anything happens.

Good for you for picking back up OP and setting a new mini goal. I will say that when I did IP the first time around in 2012 my coach was not allowing me restricted...in fact I had no idea what they were until I was snooping around on here and went back and asked her. She said she doesn't like to use them b/c people loose more. Anyways, give it a shot. I think you will have some success!

Remember we all want this for you! Go girl!

I don't know if the cheat meals worked for me, because I had more than one that day:D plus the scale still says I'm up a lb. Going to try and drink more water and see if that helps. I drank so much yesterday but I was home and could afford to pee every 20 mins. At work I don't have that luxury. My coach said she has not noticed a difference for those who go on no restricteds, I think I will cut back on them and see though, if only for the rest of the week. I feel more hungry without them.

Sunflower40
02-24-2014, 03:21 PM
my new goal: no cheating until I get to goal!! I have 9 weeks until my dress gets here. That's 9 weeks to lose 9 lbs. I want to get into the groove and stay there. The cheating sets me back by too many days/weeks!!! it's just not worth it. The faster I get there, the quicker I can phase off.

kcdoe
02-24-2014, 07:37 PM
Weigh in today down 2.4 met my first goal exceeding 55 lbs yeahhh !!!

Sunflower40
02-24-2014, 09:30 PM
yay congratulations to you!! what an achievement

kdspirited
02-24-2014, 09:34 PM
my new goal: no cheating until I get to goal!! I have 9 weeks until my dress gets here. That's 9 weeks to lose 9 lbs. I want to get into the groove and stay there. The cheating sets me back by too many days/weeks!!! it's just not worth it. The faster I get there, the quicker I can phase off.

Excellent Plan Sunflower. You can do it :hug:

kcdoe
02-25-2014, 06:59 AM
yay congratulations to you!! what an achievement

Thank you sunflower!!! ::hug:

knm
02-25-2014, 01:29 PM
thanks everyone for their support
that lb is still sticking to me, weighed the same today, I think I actually like the idea of weighing everyday for a week, would be interesting to see what it says tomorrow.
KNM you're so close to goal!! way to go. Were you at 125 before? I think it's great you're going to see a dietician, I have no interest in IP maintenance. How did you find out about this dietician? is it through a hospital/clinic?

Thanks Sunflower! I was at 123.6 last year. That was my lowest. I'd really like to get there but with less than 2 weeks left I'm not sure that's realistic, which is why I set 125 as my goal! Maybe if I can lose during phase 3 I can get there!

How was the scale for you today?

The dietician is actually just through the gym I signed up at. I had my doctor refer me to one before at the hospital but she basically just told me to follow the Canada food guide. This lady seems like she deals with people wanting to lose weight since she works at the gym and can help me develop a good plan that can help me either lose or at least maintain weight while working out. I'm not sure what is required to be certified, but she did say that she can give me a receipt and I checked and my health plan at work covers it, so even better!

Sunflower40
02-25-2014, 03:19 PM
that's a great idea knm. I might consider doing that once I reach goal, if ever that happens. I had a really good day again yesterday but the scale still shows 140:o( still 4 full days left before my WI so there is time. Trying to drink more water.

So did you regain the entire weight and was back up to 142? because I can't remember ever seeing that number on your ticker. Your stats give me hope, that us short people can get into the 120's on IP. I would never imagine I would get there on WW. The Canada Food guide allows too many carbs/sugar IMO. For me to excel at weight loss I need to cut back on carbs. I am thinking more along the line of southbeach. You'r allowed some legumes, which I love, lean proteins and some fruit. But will cross that bridge when I get there. I have a ways to go.

kcdoe
02-26-2014, 06:51 AM
I'm trying to figure out where I want my goal to be. I'm one of those people that is truly big boned so I hold more weight then the average. The 14's I was thrilled to fit into have become to big so I'll be in 12's for dress paints and 10/11 for jeans soon and I'm 5.8". I originally had 170 then uped it to 180. Guess I'll get there and decide... 17 lbs to go.

So what happen to all the others on this thread ?? Haven't heard from a lot of you in quite a while? ;( did you reach goal??

eandc2006
02-26-2014, 10:17 AM
I am still here plugging along. Didn't get on the scale today so I am not sure whats up but yesterday I was at 132 so 7lbs away from goal. Today is day 22 and I am hoping that I can phase off soon...maybe two more weeks until I get these last lbs off. How is everyone else doing? I am thinking of ordering online from Nashua...anyone else done this. I have not used a coach in over a year...I just go in to buy food.

knm
02-26-2014, 01:15 PM
that's a great idea knm. I might consider doing that once I reach goal, if ever that happens. I had a really good day again yesterday but the scale still shows 140:o( still 4 full days left before my WI so there is time. Trying to drink more water.

So did you regain the entire weight and was back up to 142? because I can't remember ever seeing that number on your ticker. Your stats give me hope, that us short people can get into the 120's on IP. I would never imagine I would get there on WW. The Canada Food guide allows too many carbs/sugar IMO. For me to excel at weight loss I need to cut back on carbs. I am thinking more along the line of southbeach. You'r allowed some legumes, which I love, lean proteins and some fruit. But will cross that bridge when I get there. I have a ways to go.

When I started again at the end of Jan I was just under 136 lbs. So I didn't gain EVERYTHING back, but enough! I know lots of it was water weight since I had such a big first week, but it still wasn't okay for me to get that high! It was my own fault though. I can't blame the program because I've never followed maintenance properly.

I can tell I'm getting close to goal because every day I think, I'm close enough and cravings start wandering into my head! I only have 10 days left of P1 and need to stay strong!

Sunflower40
02-26-2014, 02:00 PM
you can do this KNM, you have done so well!!
I'm still plugging along, the scale did show 139 this morning, atleast I thought I saw that number lol. I was so tired when I woke up. Very exhausted yesterday, thinking I might of had some carb withdrawals again? not sure what it was. But starting to take my pills more as well. I took them the last 2 days. Last week I didn't take them 5 days.

I ordered some bbq sauce from lowcarbcanada and it was delivered in no time. I ordered 3 bottles of the Guys BBQ sauce. Much better than Walden Farms. Otherwise I just use IP products.

knm I'm curious on what the dietician tells you. Please share with us.

eandc2006
02-26-2014, 02:07 PM
Sunflower...what is Guys BBQ? Anything other than WF sounds good to me. I am not that big of a fan.

Sunflower40
02-26-2014, 02:55 PM
guysbbq.com

it taste like real bbq sauce and the count is very very low
my coach sells it for 5.99 a bottle, I bought them online for 3.49, even with shipping it's a huge savings, but I bought it from lowcarbcanada.ca

eandc2006
02-26-2014, 03:41 PM
I wonder if they ship to US. I will have to check in and see.

Sunflower40
02-26-2014, 03:57 PM
I'm sure there are US websites that sell the sauce. Just google it

IdealProteinNewbie
02-26-2014, 07:34 PM
eandc: Netrition.com sells Guy's and has flat rate $4.95 shipping. I stock up when I order because some things are sold in glass bottles so it saves lots of money on shipping!

knm
02-27-2014, 01:26 PM
The scale hasn't moved much since Monday. Hoping I get a big flush overnight for my weigh in tomorrow! I've had red meat two days in a row now and I'm wondering if that's why. Fingers crossed for my weigh in tomorrow!

I'm having company over tomorrow night and there will be lots of temptations around me. Hoping to have a big healthy dinner beforehand so my stomach doesn't play games with my head!

Sunflower40
02-27-2014, 02:22 PM
my scale went up .5 today, not sure why, this was my menu yesterday:

bfast: chocolate shake
lunch: zuchini & lemon wafer
dinner: baked pork chop, stir fry veggies, brussel sprouts and mushrooms in coconut oil
snack: chocolate shake RTD
pm snack: egg

today I am feeling not as tired and a little more energetic, my pee stinks again, which tells me I might be in ketosis (a symptom for me)

KNM make sure and eat something or prepare yourself something so you can stay OP. Having company is one of the hardest temptations for me. You're so close to goal though, so don't mess this up....it's just not worth it.

Sunflower40
02-27-2014, 04:52 PM
my period is 6 days late!! this has never happened to me, in my entire adult life. Insane what this diet does to your body. And no I'm not pregnant lol

eandc2006
02-27-2014, 05:53 PM
Sunflower...I bet this explains your .5 gain...being late and all. I am also late and the scale has not moved since Saturday...matter of fact it also went up by a lb. I was so freaked out that I bought a pregnancy test last night. Whew...this diet definitely jacks with your hormones.

KNM...stay focused right now. You are on the home stretch. Try on some old clothes...that is always helpful for me. You got this.

eandc2006
02-27-2014, 05:55 PM
eandc: Netrition.com sells Guy's and has flat rate $4.95 shipping. I stock up when I order because some things are sold in glass bottles so it saves lots of money on shipping!

Thank you. I am going to have to check it out. I have to admit I am not in love with WF products. Matter of fact I only like the BBQ sauce (I should say tolerate it) and the blue cheese because I mix it with canned chicken and red's buffalo wing sauce and its OK. :)

Sunflower40
02-27-2014, 06:26 PM
you will LOVE the guys bbq sauce, sooo good

Sunflower40
02-27-2014, 06:27 PM
Sunflower...I bet this explains your .5 gain...being late and all. I am also late and the scale has not moved since Saturday...matter of fact it also went up by a lb. I was so freaked out that I bought a pregnancy test last night. Whew...this diet definitely jacks with your hormones.

KNM...stay focused right now. You are on the home stretch. Try on some old clothes...that is always helpful for me. You got this.

well that sucks:D

eandc2006
02-27-2014, 11:35 PM
Does guys actually taste like regular bbq sauce? Wf is tolerable but not really good.

Tom sucks bad.

eandc2006
02-28-2014, 10:52 AM
and TOM has arrived today...as well as 1.5lbs. Thanks a lot! LOL

anyways, hanging in there guys. Looking at ordering alt products from nashua as I cannot keep buying from my clinic. Just way tooooo expensive especially when I don't weigh, get any coaching, etc. That being said, do you all have any recommendations on products that I can get from nashua that are IP compliant...preferably non-restricteds? I am soo overwhelmed looking the alt thread.

kcandponies
02-28-2014, 11:30 AM
eandc - I got overwhelmed by the alternate thread too, and nashua's site is not easy since you have to look at ratings and nutritional info.....ugh!
I bought over $100 from nashua - mostly Proti-Diet. I have not tried everything, but here are some reviews:
P-D Cereal Honey Nut Soy - Love this, unrestricted. Does not taste like Cheerio's, but I think it's better. I would continue to eat this off a diet (that is my benchmark for how good a food is)
P-D Maple brown sugar - A little thinner than IP, taste is similar, acceptable substitute
Proti-thin vanilla crispy treats - These are TOO good, I usually want more, and they are restricted
Proti-thin Broc n Cheese soup. This is an acceptable replacement for IP soup. IP is better, but I add veggies anyway and it works.
Weight loss systems Choc pudding with marshmallows. Unrestricted and got good reviews. IP pudding is MUCH better, I will not be buying this again.
Healthsmart protein chips (restricted) These are really good, but like any chips, you always want more. I only buy a few and try to have 1 a week.

I bought others, but these are all I tried so far. Before I quit with my coach, I stocked up on Mango and Strawberry drinks, unrestricted crisps, and potato puree since there are no similar products.

knm
02-28-2014, 11:57 AM
The scale didn't budge for me today. And I drank SO much water yesterday! I was planning on weighing in today, but my coach is leaving early and I don't have time to head out at lunch. Will probably wait until tomorrow. I'm thinking that might help keep my mind in the game tonight knowing that I have to weigh in the morning and I'll be less inclined to cheat! I'll keep ya guys posted!

Have a great OP weekend everyone!

knm
02-28-2014, 11:58 AM
Does guys actually taste like regular bbq sauce? Wf is tolerable but not really good.

Tom sucks bad.

eandc - Guys is amazing! I think it tastes exactly like real bbq sauce. I would continue buying Guys even after I'm all done with IP. I have only tried the smokey garlic. I know there's at least one other flavour if not more!

Sunflower40
02-28-2014, 02:01 PM
I bought 3 flavors but have only tried the smokey garlic which is awesome. I made ribs for company and they all loved it, non IP people.

My period finally came last night, what a relief that is. Weighed this morning and scale is the same, so I'm happy with that, but not happy that overall I haven't lose any weight in 2 weeks.

Knm great idea for tonight, I know when I have to WI the next day I'm especially careful about what I eat the night before. I usually have an egg omelette on Friday nights with a bunch of steamed veggies. Yum eh lol

kdspirited
03-01-2014, 01:22 PM
Hello everyone. Hope everyone is having a lovely IP weekend. I have been disgnosed with Strep and have been recuperating from severe fever and cough. Was put on antibiotics and had to take a prescription throat syrup. This I am sure has thrown me off. But after fighting this illness for two weeks I gave in and went to the doctors. Had no choice was waking up with 102 fever for a week and the over the counter stuff wasnt working. So I knew this was serious. oh well back on plan now

mars735
03-01-2014, 01:25 PM
Glad you're better, kdspirited. That sounds miserable.

Sunflower40
03-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Hello everyone. Hope everyone is having a lovely IP weekend. I have been disgnosed with Strep and have been recuperating from severe fever and cough. Was put on antibiotics and had to take a prescription throat syrup. This I am sure has thrown me off. But after fighting this illness for two weeks I gave in and went to the doctors. Had no choice was waking up with 102 fever for a week and the over the counter stuff wasnt working. So I knew this was serious. oh well back on plan now

absolutely your health comes first! no questions asked. Glad you're better now and back in the game

Sunflower40
03-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Hiya folks
Had my official WI today and only lost .6
My scale is back at 139 but nothing lower so I'll take it!
Weekend has been well planned out so no cheating and thankfully no social events to attend. It's -36 today in beautiful Edmonton. The sun is shining atleast! Have a great weekend everyone.

kdspirited
03-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Hiya folks
Had my official WI today and only lost .6
My scale is back at 139 but nothing lower so I'll take it!
Weekend has been well planned out so no cheating and thankfully no social events to attend. It's -36 today in beautiful Edmonton. The sun is shining atleast! Have a great weekend everyone.

Thats great news sunflower. Stay strong you are on the right track

kdspirited
03-01-2014, 07:58 PM
Glad you're better, kdspirited. That sounds miserable.

Thanks Mars I am slowly getting there

eandc2006
03-03-2014, 12:01 AM
Hey all. What a short weekend...dreading going back to work tomorrow. How everyone has a great night and start to the new week.

Sunflower40
03-03-2014, 12:14 AM
Hi eand c - how was your weekend? it was too cold here to do much, which didn't help the diet, but I managed to stay 95% OP, so here is to hoping I see 138 this week at my WI.

I don't want to go to work tomorrow:(

Ugh73
03-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Well I did 3 weeks OP in Jan. the completely fell off the wagon after a "what the ****" total cheat breakfast. Lost any motivation to hop back on plan. My pants are feeling tight again so I'll start over Wednesday. My goal is the rest of the month of March. We'll see about April?
Seems easy enough.... Right???

Ugh73
03-03-2014, 10:03 AM
This site censors HE-double hockey sticks? LOL! The censored version looks worse! Geez

eandc2006
03-03-2014, 11:14 AM
Sunflower the weekend was great but way too short. I went skiing on Saturday and came home really wanting to have a bowl of Pho or hot chicken noodle soup. I didn't so that's good. NSV right there.

Last night I was hungry and wanting to eat. The scale was finally down to 130 yesterday but then up this morning to 131. I didn't drink enough water yesterday and I am still on TOM. I have decided that I will do one more week of phase 1 and see what happens. Hopefully I can get to at least 127 before going into phase 3. Maybe even loose 1-2lbs in phase 3. You could say that after 28 days of 100% phase 1, I am ready for a bit of a mental break.

eandc2006
03-03-2014, 11:15 AM
ugh73, how much weight do you plan on losing? Are you rebooting? THe censoring here is crazy.

Ugh73
03-03-2014, 03:57 PM
ugh73, how much weight do you plan on losing? Are you rebooting? THe censoring here is crazy.

I want to lose 10 lbs. I seem to yo-yo about 8 lbs. I lost about 30 over the summer of 2012. But I'm back up 10. Probably lost 5 in Jan. and back up again in a month and a half.
I'm trying to keep myself in check. Since I hit my 40's I'm really noticing the metabolism slow down. If only weight was easier to lose than gain.

eandc2006
03-03-2014, 04:23 PM
I hear ya on that. I lost about 30lbs from October 2012-December 2012 and have hovered around 135-140 in maintenance. Got up to 141 the end of January and had a wake-up call. Jumped on the phase 1 wagon and have been going strong since February 4th. I weigh 130-131ish (TOM is here) and I have a dial scale so its a bit touchy. I am trying to get to 125 so that I can have a 5lb buffer from 125-130 (130 is where I really really want to stay at). I got down to 133 in September but had some major surgery in November and the holidays came and about 7lbs came back. I plan on doing another week (or just a bit longer) to get to goal. I am ready to stay off phase 1 for a while. It's tough and the older I get too the harder it is to loose. Good luck to you!

Sunflower40
03-03-2014, 06:07 PM
Hi guys
I'm starving today!! Had my veggies and a boiled egg an hr ago and still hungry. Just found out the boss is ordering pizza on Thursday for everyone!! OMG
I need to be out of the office during lunch, the smell alone will kill me.
I didn't weigh from the weekend, I think I ate too much meat this week. I was super hungry again, so had a bit extra.
I am so anxious to get to goal and phase off. I've had enough of Phase I

Bellamack
03-03-2014, 06:43 PM
ate totally off plan yesterday & today.... I just hate that I lose so slow, so back at it tomorrow. so mad at myself :(

kdspirited
03-03-2014, 08:25 PM
I am feeling the same way. The weight is coming off sloooooooowwwwly. I have been sick so was down 1.2 and then up again. So last week was a wash. I am 7 weeks in and have only lost 9 lbs. It is too early in the program for me to be loosing so slow. i am in the hair falling phase now. I saw lots of hair come off today when I washed it. I have lost more hair then weight on IP since I started 2 years ago and through my reboots

Sunflower40
03-03-2014, 08:29 PM
aww Bella, I feel your pain.
I think that's why I'm not losing much either. I eat so little and not lose, it's very frustrating, so I end up cheating. It's a vicious cycle. Don't give up! Get right back on track and don't be too hard on yourself. Getting back into ketosis isn't as hard the second time around.

Sunflower40
03-03-2014, 08:31 PM
I am feeling the same way. The weight is coming off sloooooooowwwwly. I have been sick so was down 1.2 and then up again. So last week was a wash. I am 7 weeks in and have only lost 9 lbs. It is too early in the program for me to be loosing so slow. i am in the hair falling phase now. I saw lots of hair come off today when I washed it. I have lost more hair then weight on IP since I started 2 years ago and through my reboots

I think us shorties have a hard time to begin with. My weight loss has come to a screaching halt in the last 3-4 weeks or so. Losing .2, .5, .6
I know the cheating doesn't help but weeks when I don't eat off plan, I still don't lose:mad:

knm
03-03-2014, 08:54 PM
I had a bad weekend too. I went for my weigh in Friday after all. I was down 1 lb... kinda bummed, but the inches were better - 4 1/2 inches. Then, typical me, ate off plan Friday night and then kept it up right until I went to bed last night. I'm back on today. Normally I feel fat and bloated after a cheat but today I felt nauseous and had a headache. I guess that tells me I went way overboard this weekend.

For those of you hungry and losing really slow, have you considered that maybe you're not getting enough food and are in starvation mode? I don't know much about it, but what if you tried adding an extra nonrestricted packet, or an extra cup of low carb veggies (cucumbers, celery)? Maybe talk to your coach about this or maybe someone else on here with the same experience will pipe up.

I was going to start P3 on Saturday, but I think I might wait until the following Wednesday now. My fiancť is home this weekend and I'm worried if I start eating big in the morning I might keep eating throughout the day with him around. I'll see how I feel on Friday and go from there.

Sunflower40
03-03-2014, 10:06 PM
I usually have an extra boiled egg and not count it towards my protein. That sometimes helps. Tonight I had an apple because the low energy was too much, so while cooking supper I had the smallest gala apple I could find in the fridge and you know what? it was delicious! I felt immediate relief. I think I need that in the afternoon as I cannot seem to function at work between 2 and 4.

Get back right on track knm and those lbs will be gone. The last time I had that pizza I had a MASSIVE headache the next day. I know I over did it with the 3 large slices and 2 big cookies.

eandc2006
03-04-2014, 11:30 AM
Hey all. I agree that losing slowly is really disappointing, frustrating, etc, etc, etc. the list goes on! Has anyone thought about starting a thread where the topic is slow losses even without cheating? Perhaps some extra opinions and ideas about why this could be happening.

Sunflower40
03-04-2014, 01:47 PM
no eandc, I don't want to be chastised for starting a new thread:D
we can keep our discussions here if you don't mind
I know the reason for me is going in and out of ketosis, I can't cheat, it's that simple, not on Pizza and cookies anyhow. Feeling starved again today! Maybe I'll get a big whoosh of atleast 1 lb this week:D

kcandponies
03-04-2014, 01:53 PM
First week of reboot, lost 4 pounds already and official WI is tomorrow.

I will be up front - I am cheating. Not with junk food, carbs crap. I eat extra meat, veggies and even had a handful of almonds a few nights in the past week. I eat eggs for breakfast (instead of a packet) several days a week too. I guess it is a hybrid Atkins/IP diet. I keep my calories under 1500 per day.

The last round of IP, by the sixth week I was exhausted, hungry, foggy-headed and hormonal. I quit because I felt so bad. This time I may lose slower but if I feel ok, I will be able to stick with it.

eandc2006
03-04-2014, 01:54 PM
No problems keeping it here :) and I totally understand you not wanting to start another thread...don't mind our little group chats one bit.

Just so you know, I am really rooting for you and you are right, those darn cheats really do a number on the WL. Sending you good vibes and hoping you get the whoosh you deserve.

Sunflower40
03-04-2014, 02:00 PM
First week of reboot, lost 4 pounds already and official WI is tomorrow.

I will be up front - I am cheating. Not with junk food, carbs crap. I eat extra meat, veggies and even had a handful of almonds a few nights in the past week. I eat eggs for breakfast (instead of a packet) several days a week too. I guess it is a hybrid Atkins/IP diet. I keep my calories under 1500 per day.

The last round of IP, by the sixth week I was exhausted, hungry, foggy-headed and hormonal. I quit because I felt so bad. This time I may lose slower but if I feel ok, I will be able to stick with it.

same here, I have a babybel cheese every day, yesterday I had an apple. I start a new job on Monday, with lots of new things to learn, in the afternoon I need some energy, so I have a little something to keep me going. If I have almonds it's usually around 4 only. I try not to overdo it. Overall I think it's the big cheats that mess with my Weight Loss, not these little ones.

Good luck to you on your reboot. Are you using IP products and seeing a coach?

Sunflower40
03-04-2014, 02:01 PM
No problems keeping it here :) and I totally understand you not wanting to start another thread...don't mind our little group chats one bit.

Just so you know, I am really rooting for you and you are right, those darn cheats really do a number on the WL. Sending you good vibes and hoping you get the whoosh you deserve.

thanks eandc:carrot:
I am not giving up on this!!
I weighed this morning and was happy to see my dial scale slightly under 139, there is hope for me afterall. I just need to keep strong on Thursday when the pizza comes in:dizzy:

Bellamack
03-04-2014, 02:03 PM
Thanks for all the "pep", people who don't lose slow, really don't understand. I do know that when I did IP in 2011, I went 5 months with not one single cheat and I averaged over those 5 months. 1.7 lbs/week. My IP coach thought I cheated, but I didn't. I am post-meno, hypothroid and just have a slow metabolism. I was always an athlete and when I swam competitively I could easily eat 5000 cals a day, that is why I stayed at a healthy weight for so many years. NOW, I am falling apart, I have had both shoulders, neck and most recent knee surgery. I beat my body up with constant running, STEP, swimming, tennis, soccer and more. I think my body is just saying WTH has happened?

I have to mentally get in the game and accept the fact that it is going to be a very very long journey, I am just "rethinking" if IP is the best way to go for so long. I did WW for 3 months and only lost 3 lbs, so IP is much quicker, but I worry about the NO fruits and no dairy, I like yogurt and I think it is good for us. Just thinking out loud, so to speak. I love this thread.

Sunflower, LOL "chastised", I know just what you are talking about, thanks for the giggle :)

knm
03-04-2014, 04:16 PM
Made it through yesterday rather easily. Not feeling great made it easy to avoid bad treats. Today I still have the headache. I'm definitely coming down from the carb high I was on this weekend. No one to blame but myself! I have plans after work today and then a dinner date with a friend. Thankfully the restaurant has a salad that is 100% OP, minus the balsamic dressing I get. That should keep me busy and then hopefully by the time I get home I'll just have my snack and then straight to bed.

I keep reading all the posts about slow losses. I never know if I'm one of them because when I start getting close to goal I cheat and gain 5 lbs over 3 days, then I lose it all again in a week and then cheat again. Thankfully my body doesn't hold on to that water weight for too too long but I can only imagine how bad these binges are on my body!

Sunflower40
03-04-2014, 05:02 PM
Thanks for all the "pep", people who don't lose slow, really don't understand. I do know that when I did IP in 2011, I went 5 months with not one single cheat and I averaged over those 5 months. 1.7 lbs/week. My IP coach thought I cheated, but I didn't. I am post-meno, hypothroid and just have a slow metabolism. I was always an athlete and when I swam competitively I could easily eat 5000 cals a day, that is why I stayed at a healthy weight for so many years. NOW, I am falling apart, I have had both shoulders, neck and most recent knee surgery. I beat my body up with constant running, STEP, swimming, tennis, soccer and more. I think my body is just saying WTH has happened?

I have to mentally get in the game and accept the fact that it is going to be a very very long journey, I am just "rethinking" if IP is the best way to go for so long. I did WW for 3 months and only lost 3 lbs, so IP is much quicker, but I worry about the NO fruits and no dairy, I like yogurt and I think it is good for us. Just thinking out loud, so to speak. I love this thread.

Sunflower, LOL "chastised", I know just what you are talking about, thanks for the giggle :)

:D wow Bella, sounds awful. Who would of thought that working out, swimming, all those things that are suppose to be good for us was going to hurt you so badly? I remember my doctor told me once the only exercise we need is to walk, after I injured my calf muscle doing some crazy exercise. Maybe he's right afterall.

Have you thought about doing the alternative plan on IP? You're allowed a little dairy, bread and a fruit a day. You're still using IP products though so not sure how that will work or if you want to continue to spend the money.

I know one thing for certain. Other than maybe having a protein shake for breakfast (which I just find easier) when I'm done with losing this weight and phase off I don't want to hear about IP again:D I plan on eating better, healthy, and work out which includes fruits, greek yogurt and some carbs!! but once I'm done, I'm done.

kdspirited
03-04-2014, 08:19 PM
Weight went up one more pound. Dont know how? Dont know why? i didnt cheat I have been eating OP for almost 4 days now since I went off my cough syrup. So disheartening. I have upped my water and I am switiching up what I am eating. Hope this will bring the weight gain back to where I was

Bellamack
03-04-2014, 08:20 PM
Sunflower, I hope I have learned my lesson about dieting, regaining & dieting again. Since it is coming off so slow, I will be much more diligent on maintenence.

Yep, my ortho that did my first shoulder said that the "way" we used to train for swimming is much different than 'how" they train now and it wore our shoulders out. When I had my knee surgery in december, I whined to my ortho about always exercising and taking care of myself ( or so I thought), he responed, you just wore your joints out. I tell everyone that runs now that they are crazy! lol :) Hang in there

eandc2006
03-04-2014, 10:22 PM
Sunflower, I hope I have learned my lesson about dieting, regaining & dieting again. Since it is coming off so slow, I will be much more diligent on maintenence.

Yep, my ortho that did my first shoulder said that the "way" we used to train for swimming is much different than 'how" they train now and it wore our shoulders out. When I had my knee surgery in december, I whined to my ortho about always exercising and taking care of myself ( or so I thought), he responed, you just wore your joints out. I tell everyone that runs now that they are crazy! lol :) Hang in there

I am with you on the maintaining thing...I have been on a rollercoaster of plus and minus ten since getting to goal in 2012. This reboot had been hard to say the least! 28 days and counting...and the emotional rollercoaster is draining. I clearly don't have the answers but I do know that coming here and sharing helps me a lot. I am planning on staying on the maintain thread to keep me accountable.

Sunflower40
03-04-2014, 10:46 PM
I know I will regain 10 lbs here and there, well when I reach to goal I want to maintain within 5 lbs of my goal, but when I'm ready for a reboot like you guys, I'm not doing IP. I will do WW, yes it's slow but I could lose 10 lbs in 3 months and eat things I enjoy while doing so. I also want to start working out again and with WW I was able to work out and lose, although slowly. I would say around 3-4 lbs a month on WW.

I don't want to be on the IP rollercoaster. I'm not sure what harm I'm doing to my body by drinking my meals. Going in and out of ketosis could not be that good for you can it? And the tiredness I feel in the pm is very very hard. Today I had another apple. I really don't care if it affects my losses. I need to function while working. I actually need a brain for my job:D

eandc2006
03-04-2014, 11:43 PM
I know I will regain 10 lbs here and there, well when I reach to goal I want to maintain within 5 lbs of my goal, but when I'm ready for a reboot like you guys, I'm not doing IP. I will do WW, yes it's slow but I could lose 10 lbs in 3 months and eat things I enjoy while doing so. I also want to start working out again and with WW I was able to work out and lose, although slowly. I would say around 3-4 lbs a month on WW.

I don't want to be on the IP rollercoaster. I'm not sure what harm I'm doing to my body by drinking my meals. Going in and out of ketosis could not be that good for you can it? And the tiredness I feel in the pm is very very hard. Today I had another apple. I really don't care if it affects my losses. I need to function while working. I actually need a brain for my job:D

OMG you managed to get a smile out of me. Have been bummed out all night here. The brain comment was to funny!

kcdoe
03-05-2014, 07:09 AM
I really have a very different experience with this diet. I dont know if others can relate but "for me" so far this diet has been so controllable. Before my surgery I lost 3 to 4 a week for 3 months. 3 months off and now on since january 1st. I have decided to lose slower on purpose ! So I'm eating more and allowing myself the moderate cheat and even with that I lose close to 2 lbs every week. When it's less like this week it's because I ate things I shouldn't and I know it! I don't know what might happen when I'm in maintenance for a long time and do the reboot but thus far it's been completely predictable! I agree with the tired by the PM though for sure. AND I WISH wanting to exercise was my problem!! I have not found the drive to start exercising. I have a desk job and sit for way to long ;(. It's time to get started on walking and weights to get this skinnier body tightened up ;(! The losing is not my problem the exercise now that's a different subject all together!!

Ugh73
03-05-2014, 02:05 PM
Day one. Let's do this!
See, I'm being positive!

Sunflower40
03-05-2014, 02:52 PM
Hi kcdoe
I think it's different for everyone and especially so if you have more weight to lose, the diet works, no doubt about it. I think the closer you are to goal, the harder it becomes. Enjoy those loses now because it will slow down, so much so that even the occasional cheat WILL affect your losses. Atleast it's been the case for me and most on a reboot.

eandc I'm glad I could make you smile:o)

Sunflower40
03-05-2014, 09:12 PM
made rutabaga fries, jerk chicken and brocolli for supper tonight yummy
day wasn't bad, had a headache today but I think it's because I have a stiff neck. Feeling nauseous these days....I'm sure it's IP related. Doesn't usually last long but it's usually after I eat.

Scale is still the same today:o(
doing so well this week too!

kcdoe
03-06-2014, 06:44 AM
Hi kcdoe
I think it's different for everyone and especially so if you have more weight to lose, the diet works, no doubt about it. I think the closer you are to goal, the harder it becomes. Enjoy those loses now because it will slow down, so much so that even the occasional cheat WILL affect your losses. Atleast it's been the case for me and most on a reboot.

eandc I'm glad I could make you smile:o)

True sunflower this isn't my second round. Thanks to reading how difficult and slow the reboots can be I'm hoping those reminders keep me on track when it comes time for maintenance. 20 more lbs. helps me realize this isn't a magic bullet. ;)

Making my muffins preparing for a good IP day. I've had a munchie week so am making foods that allow me to munch lol

Have a great IP day!! :wave:

kdspirited
03-06-2014, 09:00 AM
Hi All had a swoosh this morning and now I am at my 10lbs goal. So excited. I am beyond myself

kdspirited
03-06-2014, 10:04 AM
made rutabaga fries, jerk chicken and brocolli for supper tonight yummy
day wasn't bad, had a headache today but I think it's because I have a stiff neck. Feeling nauseous these days....I'm sure it's IP related. Doesn't usually last long but it's usually after I eat.

Scale is still the same today:o(
doing so well this week too!

Sunflower that sounds delicious. To be honest I miss having nice meals and a glass of wine. I dream of the day I can go back to having a little something sweet after dinner

eandc2006
03-06-2014, 12:23 PM
Hey all started phase 3 today. I am still sitting at 130-131ish and I feel like my body may need a little something more. I am hoping that I can loose 2ish lbs in phase 3 and then maybe even a few more in maintenance. I would LOVE to be at 125 but after 30 days of strictly OP I am ready. This has been a hard reboot and I am ready to move forward. Plus, spring is around the corner so I plan on doing more outside activities to keep me moving. We'll see. Good day everyone.

CatinCali
03-06-2014, 03:12 PM
I completed IP in spring of 2011. Unfortunately, I never phased off properly and after about 1.5 years, I regained *most* of the weight. :cry: Last November, I decided I had had enough, fortunately found out that my old provider had retired (was not too thrilled with him) and re-upped with a great new clinic. :^:

Based upon my schedule and anticipated travel to Israel around thanksgiving and the northeast in early January, we decided that it would be best to work on just eating healthier for now and start IP in earnest when I returned in mid-January.

Since my initial weigh-in in November, and even dealing with travel, holidays etc..., I have so far lost about 14 lbs. Not the greatest, but I have also lost a lot of inches and I can fit back in my clothes which makes me super happy.

I thought I was going to lost a lot this past week 'cause I was so good, but when I went yesterday, I had not lost at all and had gained inches. I was very bloated. My coach suggested I start on the digestive enzymes, and boy, have they worked! I know you are not supposed to weigh every day, but I have lost 3 lbs since yesterday and my pants that didn't fit do now! Question is, how long do I stay on them?

Another thing that this place is great about is phasing on and off diet. We had discussed that my daughter is coming home from school in Israel 4/3 for 3 weeks (including Passover) and I knew I would not be dieting then. We are phasing me off so that I am real food the week before she comes home, but with the goal of me reaching 160 lbs before then. Once she is gone, I will start back on Phase 1 with the new goal of 145 lbs, which is where I less than where I was when I finished the last time!

knm
03-06-2014, 03:20 PM
eandc - congrats on making P3! So jealous! I cannot wait for that big breakfast again! Funny cuz even when I was in maintenance or in my situation just not on IP (I didn't follow maintenance very well, hence why I'm back here), but I didn't ever eat a big breakfast. Now that I've been back on IP I cannot wait for P3! I'll be starting any day now too!

catincali - that's awesome that you found a coach that is willing to adjust the program for it to fit into your life. Just be sure when your daughter is home that you don't look at it as a 3 week cheat. Try to remember all the healthy tips IP has taught you! Can you tell me more about the digestive enzymes? I've always had digestive issues and the last couple weeks I'll be fine and then one day I'm suddenly bunged up, even if I don't change my meals. I'll have to talk to my coach about them.

After my terrible, TERRIBLE weekend I've been back on IP since Monday. I'm back down to 127 which I'm happy about, but still bummed cuz I basically wasted another entire week just making up for the damage I caused this past weekend. I was hoping to be at 125 by P3 but I'm running out of time. I'm praying I have a decent whoosh over the weekend as I'm starting to workout again next Wednesday and will be on P3 by then since I'll need the extra energy.

eandc2006
03-06-2014, 04:01 PM
Almost there knm. You will like those breakys...it was nice this morning to read the news and slowly enjoy consuming food. I can really feel a difference. I am terrified, and I mean terrified of gaining any weight. I want to stay the H*ll away from 135 and not go over 130. One thing I plan on in maintenance is doing a phase 1 day each week...despite "fun" days or whatever you want to call them. I think it will be helpful to remind myself that it sucks and to not gain it back. Almost such an emotional process for me. I will be rooting that you can get to goal before phase 3.

catincali...when you say you didn't phase off properly, did you just stip phase 1 one day and then resume eating the way you did before IP? The reason I ask is that there are some people from time to time who bring up interesting points about how not phasing off properly doesn't cause the weight gain, its the excess calories and returning to old eating habits. In other words, their position is that IP is a low cal diet and that is why we loose and not phasing off is a line. I am no expert to form and opinion but I do love to hear and appreciate others experiences.

Where are you Sunflower?

Sunflower40
03-06-2014, 04:42 PM
I'm right here!! lol
I successfully stayed away from the pizza in the office today, yay
Did not weigh this morning, but feeling really skinny today. Clothes are very loose on me. Another challenging weekend for me ahead. I'm going to see Air Supply at the Casino and going to the Buffet for dinner with some family members. I've been before and the Buffet has prime rib (yum) so I plan on having that and hopefully some good salad. I don't care if it's dressed because high fat dressing doesn't have many carbs/sugar. Going for another weekend of no cheats!!! wish me luck

Congrats to you on reaching Phase 3. Enjoy it to the fullest and great idea to do phase I from time to time to remind yourself of how awful it really is.

Knm you're back at 127 within 4 days, that's a huge accomplishment. One more week and you can phase off. Good luck to you.

kdspirited
03-07-2014, 12:38 PM
Its so good to see everyone is doing so well. Sunflower stay strong I know you can make it through the weekend.

KNM congrats soon you will be at goal. I for one cant wait to be in my 120's

eandC you have no idea how much i want to be phasing off right now. I have a long way to go till I get to goal but I am with you. I never ever ever want to gain this weight back again

eandc2006
03-07-2014, 01:38 PM
kdspirited...this reboot really was a wake-up call for me and then some. You know, I have been able to maintain a +/- 5lb range but since I wanted to go further to 130, it was a doozy. Just some perspective here on men vs women and height differences, my hubby started last Monday at 182-183ish and is already down to 171. I was like WTF? I am plugging along at 30 days to loose 10lbs and it takes him a week. I know we are all so different but it really hit home with me about why I need to stay in the range and immediately correct a problem before it begins.

I am always thinking of you all and sending good vibes your way!

knm
03-07-2014, 07:38 PM
It's the dreaded weekend! How sad is that?! All work week I look forward to the weekend, and then when it comes I'm terrified cuz it seems every weekend I slip up! The fiancť is home, thankfully, so hopefully that will keep me busy and keep my focus off candy!

How's P3 going eandc? Are you weighing daily to see how or if the scale moves at all?

Sunflower - way to avoid the pizza yesterday! That's a huge accomplishment! Stay strong over the weekend! You've got to be due for a big whoosh any day now!

mars735
03-07-2014, 08:07 PM
Sending everyone, self included! :dust:

One of my favorite 3FC quotes: Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels!

Sunflower40
03-07-2014, 08:19 PM
It's the dreaded weekend! How sad is that?! All work week I look forward to the weekend, and then when it comes I'm terrified cuz it seems every weekend I slip up! The fiancť is home, thankfully, so hopefully that will keep me busy and keep my focus off candy!

How's P3 going eandc? Are you weighing daily to see how or if the scale moves at all?

Sunflower - way to avoid the pizza yesterday! That's a huge accomplishment! Stay strong over the weekend! You've got to be due for a big whoosh any day now!

I'm curious too if her scale has moved since starting Phase 3
I am hoping for something this week's WI, even a lb would be nice. I have been really good, not 100% but almost. I think once I don't cheat on the weekends I can keep the momentum going. You can to. Just keep strong and remember how close you are to goal. It's not worth it setting youself back another week.

Today and yesterday I felt super skinny:D

Sunflower40
03-08-2014, 12:19 PM
I had my WI today and at home the scale showed a 2.5 drop
At the clinic it shows 1.4, I'm going by my home scale
Either way, it's going in the right direction.
I couldn't believe it when I stepped on my scale at home, I haver NEVER seen that number before!! Yipppeee:carrot::carrot:

deelee10
03-08-2014, 01:04 PM
I couldn't believe it when I stepped on my scale at home, I haver NEVER seen that number before!! Yipppeee:carrot::carrot:

YAY! Good for you!

Sunflower40
03-08-2014, 02:50 PM
Thanks Deelee, how are you doing?
I do confess I had 3 apples this week and some raspberries (1.5 cups over 5 days), so maybe my body needs a bit more, either way I feel good and I have a bit of energy for work in the afternoons.
This week I also took my pills, which I've been slacking on.

knm
03-08-2014, 03:58 PM

So happy for you sunflower! Keep up the great work! Now that you overcame that mini plateau I bet the rest will just fall off!!

How soon until your fitting?

Sunflower40
03-08-2014, 04:17 PM
thanks knm
I really really hope you're right. I'm trying so hard. My waist is so tiny now, only 26 inches. I love it. I feel really good and can't wait to see my body at 125. They haven't called yet, but had told me in May the dress should arrive. If I could get to 130 even by then I'll be happy. Then only a few more til the wedding. My goal now is to keep this weight off forever. With small reboots I am hoping I can. I don't want to go through this again lol.

When is your first fitting? I'm so short I'm thinking I have to cut off some of my train and lots of inches in the length. Just so it doesn't overwhelm me.

kdspirited
03-08-2014, 10:57 PM

Hooray! Hooray!:hug:

Sunflower40
03-09-2014, 09:00 PM
thank you!!

so went to the buffet last night and thankfully the food wasn't that good. I had lots of salad, yes it was dressed in ceasar, carved beef and a piece of chicken, unbreaded and it didn't taste sweet so I suspect it was OK to eat. They had Korean bbq ribs that were just calling my name but didn't have any because I knew they would be full of sugar.

I had 5 penne pasta and took a dessert but had ONE bite and gave the rest to my fiance. And and all I think I did pretty good, not 100% but it was good enough for me. I know I didn't overdo it because I didn't feel any carb overload.

Today I stepped on the scale and it's back at 139 LOL. Before going for dinner I had 300 calories, a shake for breakfast and my chips for lunch. That was it. Not sure if I'm retaining water from the meal but it really really stinks!! Will weigh again tomorrow and see what it reads.

Menu today was good, IP food for bfast and lunch and for dinner sirloin steak, asparagus and mushrooms.

Have a great week everyone!!

kcdoe
03-10-2014, 07:08 AM
I need to get serious :( I've told myself that I want to lose slower so I'm allowing more food. Wow slippery slop I can't seem to get steady and stay there. My weigh in is today and I think I'll skip it. Know I didn't lose and ate to much. I actually think I should change my weigh in to be Friday's. Monday's mean if I slip up over the weekend all my work of the week is gone at weigh in.
15 lbs and I can phase off like some of you are talking about. Can't wait to have whole grain bread and rice in my diet. I'm ready for healthy carbs just miss the potato and breads.
Oh well, Monday's are always the day to start fresh!!!

Emmcakes
03-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Hi Kcdoe,

While I understand where you are coming from, rescheduling meetings or cancelling them and thinking about foods I'll be able to eat when phasing off is precisely what caused me to gain all of my weight back slowly since my first round of IP in 2008. I know that you may feel restricted and think that there is no harm in weekend cheats and allowing yourself some more food, but it is a very slippery slope. Before you know it, you start adding more food here and there or food that is nowhere near IP protocol and you cheat way too often. I'm not saying it'll happen to you, but it did happen to me.

I would keep my weigh-ins where they are and honour them. Your coach won't say anything if you slip up once or twice, but if you do it more often you might need to be accountable. It will only help your progress.

I would advise against making any changes to the plan until you have phased off and know that you are in complete control of yourself.

eandc2006
03-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Hey friends! OMG...Sunflower I am jumping for joy that you lost! That is awesome news on this Monday morning. I bet you already lost that water weight from Saturday night. Despite the food not being so great, was the concert good?

I had a very busy weekend. We tried to go skiing and there was a major accident and we sat in traffic for an hour before deciding to turn around. Nonetheless, we came home and went back to bed, woke up, walked the dogs, and went to a friends birthday party. Yesterday it was beautiful here and I spent the entire day outside in a tank top. I love spring in Denver.

Still hanging in there at 130 with phase 3. I had a lot of activity this weekend and I hope to continue to maintain/even loose a lb or two.

This has been trying no doubt but I gotta tell ya guys, I am sooooo done with the yo-yo jive! I think I will be making much better choices in the future.

SusanneXo90
03-10-2014, 10:12 PM
Hi everyone.

I have done IP before and had an unexpected life changing event where a family member, my dad, passed away. It caused all my old habits to come back and here I am having to lose again.

I feel so ashamed of myself . I know this site helped me before and the motivation from others contributed to my success the first time.

Sunflower40
03-10-2014, 11:21 PM
Hey friends! OMG...Sunflower I am jumping for joy that you lost! That is awesome news on this Monday morning. I bet you already lost that water weight from Saturday night. Despite the food not being so great, was the concert good?

I had a very busy weekend. We tried to go skiing and there was a major accident and we sat in traffic for an hour before deciding to turn around. Nonetheless, we came home and went back to bed, woke up, walked the dogs, and went to a friends birthday party. Yesterday it was beautiful here and I spent the entire day outside in a tank top. I love spring in Denver.

Still hanging in there at 130 with phase 3. I had a lot of activity this weekend and I hope to continue to maintain/even loose a lb or two.

This has been trying no doubt but I gotta tell ya guys, I am sooooo done with the yo-yo jive! I think I will be making much better choices in the future.

Air Supply was surprisingly really really good. They sounded awesome for old guys:D

Didn't weigh today, didn't feel like it to be honest. Waiting til tomorrow. I hope I see the 136's again. Started a new job today and I'm beat. Lots to learn. I'm stressed already!

welcome to the new ones, you all know IP works so all the best in your reboots.

Glad to hear you're doing so well in Phase 3, sounds like you're determined more than ever not to resort to old habits.

kcdoe
03-11-2014, 06:53 AM
Hi Kcdoe,

While I understand where you are coming from, rescheduling meetings or cancelling them and thinking about foods I'll be able to eat when phasing off is precisely what caused me to gain all of my weight back slowly since my first round of IP in 2008. I know that you may feel restricted and think that there is no harm in weekend cheats and allowing yourself some more food, but it is a very slippery slope. Before you know it, you start adding more food here and there or food that is nowhere near IP protocol and you cheat way too often. I'm not saying it'll happen to you, but it did happen to me.

I would keep my weigh-ins where they are and honour them. Your coach won't say anything if you slip up once or twice, but if you do it more often you might need to be accountable. It will only help your progress.

I would advise against making any changes to the plan until you have phased off and know that you are in complete control of yourself.

Wow a bit harsh but I understand you are trying to be helpful!! :) and I thank you for that. I disagree however, I think I need to change it up a bit, to get better results for me. I have moved my coach appointments to Thursday's. Did great yesterday, scale down today. I'm making my Tomato soup pizza bread for the day.
I need to work exercise into my busy schedule, that is what is needed next :) perhaps I'll learn some at my desk exercises to start with. I have a set of hand weights already there :carrot:

lisa32989
03-11-2014, 07:39 AM

What an incredibly honest, supportive post!
So many times we all want to do what we want and make up our own rules when it ends up causing us to be "stuck" on a diet longer.
The truth is the IP protocol is simple but not always easy. The rules are laid out & when we follow them, we win!

The weight gain has been my biggest fear since starting IP. I lost on another plan 10 years ago & regained by not following maintenance. My thought toward IP is if this is the plan you've chosen, follow it! If you prefer not to, find one to follow & learn to maintain so we never have to come back & lose a similar amt of weight again.

eandc2006
03-11-2014, 10:22 AM
Morning all. Day 6 of phase 3 and going strong. I am still maintaining at 130 and it's so nice to have a filling healthy bfast. Welcome back SusanneXo90 and good luck to you on your reboot. Don't feel ashamed...you are making a step in the right direction and working towards a better you...no shame needed there! I know it's not ideal to gain/loose and then reboot but I do believe each of us has a journey in figuring on how we can maintain and its OK as long as we are not giving up. The hard (hard to be overweight, hard to loose, hard to maintain) comes to mind here. For many of us, weight management will be something we are managing on a daily basis forever. With that said, you are right where you are supposed to be.