Ideal Protein Diet - IP Weekend Chat Sat 2/1 - Sun 2/2/2014

lisa32989
02-01-2014, 06:39 AM
:welcome2:
Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/243142-have-question-about-ip-read-here-first-before-posting-question.html): Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
(http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/238801-ip-ultimate-list-recipes-faq-newbie-guide-exercise-other-important-threads.html)and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post49.html)

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221536-real-cost-cheating-ideal-protein.html)

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/261885-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow.html)
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/268669-mixn-kitchn-recipes-rainbow-volumn-2-a.html)
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/212175-fun-ideal-protein-packets.html)
Fun with Veggie Purees! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/264231-fun-veggie-purees.html)
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/273856-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-4-a.html)
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270950-ideal-protein-tips-recipes-incredible-weight-loss-center.html)

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/270731-alternative-products-will-work-phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4677467-post240.html) to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/announcements-forum-help/203435-ultimate-one-stop-signature-ticker-thread-read-here-if-you-have-questions.html) for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3427715-post155.html) Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/mini-goals-201/).

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website (http://www.trantiendiet.com/site/spip.php?rubrique19)

stefnrod
02-01-2014, 09:06 AM
2nd WI lost 2.8 no inches but still happy

ReenHag
02-01-2014, 09:31 AM
Morning, all!

I am so glad that January is over! Happy February!!!

Just got a quick workout in and finished a banana bread Proti-Diet bar. Good way to start a Saturday! So thrilled that it is actually above freezing this morning, for the first time in a while. Now going to get some school work done. I have a training to lead on Monday that I need to finalize and tons of work to grade. A teacher's work is never done!

Congrats! Way to go!

~Renee

0ojoyo0
02-01-2014, 09:53 AM
Morning, all!

I am so glad that January is over! Happy February!!!

Just got a quick workout in and finished a banana bread Proti-Diet bar. Good way to start a Saturday! So thrilled that it is actually above freezing this morning, for the first time in a while. Now going to get some school work done. I have a training to lead on Monday that I need to finalize and tons of work to grade. A teacher's work is never done!

Congrats! Way to go!

~Renee

Do you like the banana bread? I almost bought a box because I love banana bread, but absolutely hate artificial banana flavor and one of the reviews I read said the flavor was artificial, so I didn't get it. What do you think? Is it close to the real thing?

Mandy078
02-01-2014, 09:59 AM
I was just going to ask about the banana flavored pudding. I love banana pudding usually but the IP banana pudding is disgusting! Any ideas how I can doctor it up to make it better? It's got a horrible after taste. I may have to go buy another box of something else to get me through week 2.

skinnybride2be
02-01-2014, 10:30 AM
Hi All!

NSF for today - I made hard boiled eggs all by myself! I've never done it before so I wasn't sure if they were even going to be editable and they were!

Slipfree
02-01-2014, 10:31 AM
Renee-I am so with you, glad that January is over! Hopefully Feb, will bring more continuity in the classroom. Sorry that you are working today, I am taking this weekend off! Grades were due this week and I have school fatigue, not with the kids-with the adults lol.

Scale was down a pound this morning :) Have not seen that number in 12 years.

ReenHag
02-01-2014, 10:48 AM
Do you like the banana bread? I almost bought a box because I love banana bread, but absolutely hate artificial banana flavor and one of the reviews I read said the flavor was artificial, so I didn't get it. What do you think? Is it close to the real thing?

I adore the banana bread bars. However, it sounds like you are pretty sensitive to those artificial flavors. Obviously, texturally it is not like banana bread, but I love the flavor. I enjoy them for breakfast, and so does my daughter.

Renee-I am so with you, glad that January is over! Hopefully Feb, will bring more continuity in the classroom. Sorry that you are working today, I am taking this weekend off! Grades were due this week and I have school fatigue, not with the kids-with the adults lol.

Congrats on your WI! I have been working myself sick all week- up until about nine at least three nights this week doing school stuff. The annoying thing is that most of it was NOT lesson or grade related. I am in charge of our Mass next week, so I had to organize and type that up. This week, I need to choose readers and practice with them. I am also doing a training on Monday about interactive whiteboards, and some changes were thrown at me on Thursday, so I am working to revamp the whole thing. (A little bitter about that, believe me.)

Enjoy your relaxing weekend! I think that will be me next weekend. And I k ow what you mean about the adults...

Jennagain
02-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Looking forward to warmer temperatures and lower weight in February! Bring on the sunshine. Weigh in last week has put me to within 3 pounds of a number I haven't seen in a very long time- (170's) small goals, but attainable for the first time with IP. :)

Vippysue
02-01-2014, 10:55 AM

Congrats! That's awesome. Feels good, doesn't it? I'm looking forward to that feeling!

finallytime
02-01-2014, 11:26 AM
Morning, I apologise if this question has already been asked, I did look in the stickies but couldnt find an answer.

I have a girls nite coming up and would like to have a drink or two. I have told my coach about this and he told me he would help me prepare so that my body doesnt get 'shocked'by this. So any advice on what is the best drink to have, meaning the fewest carbs ,sugars etc?

ReenHag
02-01-2014, 11:30 AM
Morning, I apologise if this question has already been asked, I did look in the stickies but couldnt find an answer.

I have a girls nite coming up and would like to have a drink or two. I have told my coach about this and he told me he would help me prepare so that my body doesnt get 'shocked'by this. So any advice on what is the best drink to have, meaning the fewest carbs ,sugars etc?

The maintenance paperwork addresses alcohol intake once off the initial three phases and recommends red wine and only red wine. I know of a few people who drink plain vodka on the first three phases, but I have not researched it because I don't like vodka. They like vodka in unsweet tea. (Ew!)

However, consider some club soda with some special flavorings or something. Squeeze of lemon or lime, some mio, etc. I had club soda with some muddled mint and some PowerAde Zero on Thanksgiving when everyone else was drinking.

Whatever you choose, be sure to get in plenty of water!

Butterfly queen
02-01-2014, 11:36 AM
My first month and I'm down 24.8 pounds:carrot: I realize the weight will slow but the results from this month have me hooked. I remained 100% OP and I know I can do this. I'm using strictly alternatives. The first week was hard but after that it became easy. I no longer crave sugary foods which means a lot coming from me, as there is always cake, pie, or candy in the house. I do miss happy hour on Fridays with friends and colleagues but I'll survive. Just wanted to say thanks to all of you. Even though I rarely post, I read daily.

IdealProteinNewbie
02-01-2014, 11:39 AM
My first month and I'm down 24.8 pounds:carrot: I realize the weight will slow but the results from this month have me hooked. I remained 100% OP and I know I can do this. I'm using strictly alternatives. The first week was hard but after that it became easy. I no longer crave sugary foods which means a lot coming from me, as there is always cake, pie, or candy in the house. I do miss happy hour on Fridays with friends and colleagues but I'll survive. Just wanted to say thanks to all of you. Even though I rarely post, I read daily.

Awesome!

Slipfree
02-01-2014, 11:40 AM
:woohoo: Way to go, Butterfly Queen! So happy for you.

lisa32989
02-01-2014, 11:44 AM
I was just going to ask about the banana flavored pudding. I love banana pudding usually but the IP banana pudding is disgusting! Any ideas how I can doctor it up to make it better? It's got a horrible after taste. I may have to go buy another box of something else to get me through week 2.

Banana zucchini muffins ! Can also make pancakes with the same recipe (cook slower than wheat pancakes)

Recipe is in recipes #4 thread

jendilly
02-01-2014, 11:46 AM
I love the banana pudding to make waffles with. It's one of my favorites!

drd1961
02-01-2014, 11:47 AM
Snow, sleet, freezing rain, rain. Such a lovely day. Got my swim in anyway, and did grocery shopping. Now I will stay in and do laundry and watch movies!

stephascope
02-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Okay, a friend just talked me into a 5k walk this afternoon in -7 Celsius. Am I crazy? This will be about the most exercise I've gotten since I started IP. I am already eating almost 4 extra ounces of protein every so I should be okay hunger wise. Would you guys consider an extra packet after a long walk like that? I'm not so much worried about the food as I am freezing my butt off!

IntheEvening
02-01-2014, 11:53 AM
Just had my third weekly weigh in and I'm down a total 13 lbs, in three weeks! Go me!
I was telling my coach, even thought I'm 201, my body feels like it did when I was weighing 175lbs. Does that even make sense? Has anyone experienced this? GL everyone this week!

lisa32989
02-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Okay, a friend just talked me into a 5k walk this afternoon in -7 Celsius. Am I crazy? This will be about the most exercise I've gotten since I started IP. I am already eating almost 4 extra ounces of protein every so I should be okay hunger wise. Would you guys consider an extra packet after a long walk like that? I'm not so much worried about the food as I am freezing my butt off!
After a 5 K walk in the cold! You betcha! I'd have something chcolate heated into hot chcolate if it were me (but I probly wouldn't be walking in the cold - yuck!)

Have fun!

ReenHag
02-01-2014, 12:21 PM

Congrats on your amazing losses! And awesome outlook. Yes, they will slow, but the program is still amazing! I, too, use alternatives. One question about the happy hour- why are you giving up your friend time? If it is a matter of triggers and avoiding trigger situations, then I understand. Otherwise, there is no reason for you to not go out. Yes, the first few times are a bit difficult, but for me, it was mostly a mental issue. I stick to ordering unsweet tea or maybe club soda (add your own mio if you wish). The best thing about happy hour is the conversation, so don't miss out!

Just had my third weekly weigh in and I'm down a total 13 lbs, in three weeks! Go me!
I was telling my coach, even thought I'm 201, my body feels like it did when I was weighing 175lbs. Does that even make sense? Has anyone experienced this? GL everyone this week!

Congrats on your losses! Excellent! I certainly have noticed feeling much better since starting the program. I was sleeping better, having more energy during the day... Stress at work is affecting the sleep issue, but that is another story.

vachinyc
02-01-2014, 01:03 PM
Good afternoon and Happy Weekend! This week was a doozy for me at work - lots of hours and annoyances - so I'm really glad the weekend is here. Plus, today is weigh in day and I'm down 3.6! And some inches too. I'm so excited. (1.5 wk #) And, I'm now very close to "goal". Oddly, the clinic scale keeps changing my goal... They want to see 0 on the body fat gain/loss line on their scale readout. But it just keeps changing. This week it says I have 2.2 lbs to go ... Which is a little bummer that it keeps changing... BUT bmi and percentage of body fat #s are both now in the "normal" range. Exciting!

I have a good bit of work travel/dinners/conference food coming up over the next two weeks so I'm going to be doing a combo of phase 1&2 depending on what's manageable. And we will take stock after that. Planning ... Crispy cereal is easy to make at a hotel...taking a lot of bars for convenience. Also chocolate drink for warm snack assuming I have microwave access. (Has anyone made the chocolate drink using hot water and mixing the powder in slowly while stirring instead of shaking?)

Awesome! Keep it up!

So exciting! And wonderful motivation. :)

Weigh in last week has put me to within 3 pounds of a number I haven't seen in a very long time- (170's) small goals, but attainable for the first time with IP. :)

Congrats! It's awesome to hit those mini-milestones.

My first month and I'm down 24.8 pounds:carrot: I realize the weight will slow but the results from this month have me hooked. I remained 100% OP and I know I can do this.

That is AWESOME! Wow! Way to go!

Go you indeed! Keep it up!

?... One question about the happy hour- why are you giving up your friend time? If it is a matter of triggers and avoiding trigger situations, then I understand. Otherwise, there is no reason for you to not go out. Yes, the first few times are a bit difficult, but for me, it was mostly a mental issue. I stick to ordering unsweet tea or maybe club soda (add your own mio if you wish). The best thing about happy hour is the conversation, so don't miss out!

Renee you are so right about this. I too have avoided some situations because it is 'easier' but as I move into maintenance, I'm going to have to have these skills...I need to work on this more. Great reminder.

Have a lovely weekend all. IP POWER to you!

MORgeek
02-01-2014, 01:15 PM
Had such a good month last WI i was down 4 lbs so 16 all together for this month. Ive never lost weight like this before its crazy! but such a good feeling. Has anyone else seen a dramatic mood improvement j/w cause i feel a lot happier then i have in a long time :D

Slipfree
02-01-2014, 01:15 PM
"Good afternoon and Happy Weekend! This week was a doozy for me at work - lots of hours and annoyances - so I'm really glad the weekend is here. Plus, today is weigh in day and I'm down 3.6! And some inches too. I'm so excited. (1.5 wk #) And, I'm now very close to "goal". Oddly, the clinic scale keeps changing my goal... They want to see 0 on the body fat gain/loss line on their scale readout. But it just keeps changing. This week it says I have 2.2 lbs to go ... Which is a little bummer that it keeps changing... BUT bmi and percentage of body fat #s are both now in the "normal" range. Exciting!"

So happy for you! I am beginning to think that clinics keep changing the goal, to continue making $$. It may be time to evaluate how you feel in your body. You have done an amazing job! Love that you have reached the "normal" range. :yay: I am looking forward to that day :D

lisa32989
02-01-2014, 01:53 PM
Good afternoon and Happy Weekend! This week was a doozy for me at work - lots of hours and annoyances - so I'm really glad the weekend is here. Plus, today is weigh in day and I'm down 3.6! And some inches too. I'm so excited. (1.5 wk #) And, I'm now very close to "goal". Oddly, the clinic scale keeps changing my goal... They want to see 0 on the body fat gain/loss line on their scale readout. But it just keeps changing. This week it says I have 2.2 lbs to go ... Which is a little bummer that it keeps changing... BUT bmi and percentage of body fat #s are both now in the "normal" range. Exciting!
ITA about clinics changing goals to meet their own monetary needs. My coach apsaispd from the beginning that IP isn't in the biz of goal setting and my goal weight is my business.

You know those biometric scales aren't accurate, right?
If your BMI and BF% are both in the normal range! it's probably time to start phasing off, unless YOU want to be smaller.

Congrats on normal!

ReenHag
02-01-2014, 01:57 PM

Renee you are so right about this. I too have avoided some situations because it is 'easier' but as I move into maintenance, I'm going to have to have these skills...I need to work on this more. Great reminder.

Sorry about the work stress. Enjoy your weekend and relax! And best of luck with your upcoming travel! How fun! Again, congrats on your loss this week!

I will admit, my Happy Hour Crew from work got together at the end of my second week on P1. I was afraid to go, but I was honest with them all about what I was doing and what kind of support I needed. It helped that they ordered drinks I do not like (beer, vodka). I had my tea, veggies, and steamed shrimp and really felt deep inside that I COULD DO THIS! Since then, I have not looked back! We can do ANYTHING!

Had such a good month last WI i was down 4 lbs so 16 all together for this month. Ive never lost weight like this before its crazy! but such a good feeling. Has anyone else seen a dramatic mood improvement j/w cause i feel a lot happier then i have in a long time :D

Congrats! Doing something good for yourself AND seeing those results definitely are uppers!

sarahBell
02-01-2014, 03:18 PM
First my NSV: Yesterday I threw a perfectly good home made chocolate cupcake into a sink of hot soapy dish water....... I had mindlessly taken nibbles off of it so I tossed it.

Heartache: the news of me joining PF did not go over very well. Some every very hurtful and mean things were said to me making me want to cancel the membership before I can even start :( I am so heartbroken and crying right now.

stephascope
02-01-2014, 03:31 PM
First my NSV: Yesterday I threw a perfectly good home made chocolate cupcake into a sink of hot soapy dish water....... I had mindlessly taken nibbles off of it so I tossed it.

Heartache: the news of me joining PF did not go over very well. Some every very hurtful and mean things were said to me making me want to cancel the membership before I can even start :( I am so heartbroken and crying right now.

What is PF and who said the mean things??? :hug:

canadjineh
02-01-2014, 03:37 PM

Sarah: Way to go with the cupcake issue!! It always works best if you can keep that stuff out of your house totally, I find. Then no possible temptation can happen :p
What's PF stand for? Whatever it is... remember the rest of us are here for you! :hug::hug: Are these hurtful things coming from friends or family, or from strangers? If its from those you love, perhaps they are jealous that you are taking action for yourself - showing your power! From strangers, well, they don't really know you at all so their opinions can just be discounted. Hope the rest of your day goes better. Remember stay OP and you will be the one taking control and not acting as the victim - pushed around by others. :bravo:

finallytime
02-01-2014, 03:59 PM
The maintenance paperwork addresses alcohol intake once off the initial three phases and recommends red wine and only red wine. I know of a few people who drink plain vodka on the first three phases, but I have not researched it because I don't like vodka. They like vodka in unsweet tea. (Ew!)

However, consider some club soda with some special flavorings or something. Squeeze of lemon or lime, some mio, etc. I had club soda with some muddled mint and some PowerAde Zero on Thanksgiving when everyone else was drinking.

Whatever you choose, be sure to get in plenty of water!

Thanks for the tip!

schenectady
02-01-2014, 04:08 PM

SarahBell - I am so sorry to hear that you had such a bad time at Planet Fitness. If you can gather yourself together, would it b worth addressing the issue of the mean conversation with the manager or even a regional manager?

Beyond the personal angst you went through, I can understand how emotionally devastating this must be to NOT have a place where you can get the exercise in a safe place. It is hard for many of us who are uncomfortable with our size to walk into a gym, much less to go regularly. It would be shattering to be brave and courageous and go to sign up and get such a bad "welcome".

I guess their ads about being a gym for the non-jock are not entirely true. Send you plenty of hugs and strength.

stefnrod
02-01-2014, 04:11 PM
Congrats to all on the weight loss!!!!! :)

schenectady
02-01-2014, 04:18 PM
Big emotional NSV last night - I put on a pair of jeans for the first time in over 2 decades! I have not worn them because I felt my back end and thighs were not suited to wearing them.

Well, working out at the gym has changed that a bit - I fit in a pair of black size 18 jeans last night, paired with some heeled black boots and a black turtleneck and I felt great. Topped it with a Seattle Seahawks lime green vest, of course.

Bellamack
02-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Planet Fitness was always a great place to go. I can't imagine it was anyone there that said ugly things.

canadjineh
02-01-2014, 04:27 PM
Ahhhh, PF = Planet Fitness. SarahBell, a few friends of mine have had success with Curves if you need an exercise gym. Women of all sizes go there, I've worked at one a while back, since I have a background in Exercise Physiology and Fitness Coaching. Just a thought.

finale
02-01-2014, 04:40 PM
Way to go IDEAL PROTEIN NEWBIE

finale
02-01-2014, 04:46 PM
INTHEEVENING
I feel the same about how my emotional way of being at a certain weight than what I think it would feel like.
When I started I was at 244 and now I weigh 207 and I have told people I feel like a highschool kid and I can't believe the energy I have. I got on a pair of MISS MEE jeans and I love the pockets but hate the muffin top I have...

65X65
02-01-2014, 04:48 PM

Good job on taking action with the blasted cupcake...sometimes that is the only thing! I have thrown things in the trash and actually taken the garbage out to the cans in order to get stuff out of my house...esp after we have company and I just "gooottta get it GONE" from my pantry or fridge!
But, Soapy water! That is worthy of a scene in a book or a movie!!!

I have a feeling the hurtful things about PF may have come from someone or more than 1 someone...who is not being supportive at home rather than people at the gym... SarahBell, If that is so...you will find there are some ladies here who have gone it alone in making healthy decisions for themselves. You are entitled to make these kinds of decisons with out someone else's approval, unless there is a money issue. When someone else does not support a healthy decision for you, ...it may be indicative the significant other is uncomfortable with you doing something he or she feels in their heart they should be doing too...and we see and hear tales of this kind a lot.

You should not feel guilty if this is the case and doing what you must do..will only make you stronger!!

You can do this....

finale
02-01-2014, 05:01 PM
SARABELL, about PF all I can say is that I have a membership at GOlDS Gym and I was really uncomfortable when I started. The one thing I have learned is that in the morning the people are so much friendlier and they are not the unfriendly type. I don't know if it's because we are all tired in the morning or if it's because we are all there for the same reason to get healthy. I swear I love going to the gym in the morning before work and you will find those people that are strangers at the gym, yet they encourage or compliment you and you won't even know who they are....

stephascope
02-01-2014, 05:24 PM
Well made it back from the walk without freezing our buns off. Did 5.4 kms in 1hour and burned 400 calories according to my Endomondo app. It's a beautiful sunny day and the pathways that run along the river were nice and quiet :D

sarahBell
02-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Good job on taking action with the blasted cupcake...sometimes that is the only thing! I have thrown things in the trash and actually taken the garbage out to the cans in order to get stuff out of my house...esp after we have company and I just "gooottta get it GONE" from my pantry or fridge!
But, Soapy water! That is worthy of a scene in a book or a movie!!!

I have a feeling the hurtful things about PF may have come from someone or more than 1 someone...who is not being supportive at home rather than people at the gym... SarahBell, If that is so...you will find there are some ladies here who have gone it alone in making healthy decisions for themselves. You are entitled to make these kinds of decisons with out someone else's approval, unless there is a money issue. When someone else does not support a healthy decision for you, ...it may be indicative the significant other is uncomfortable with you doing something he or she feels in their heart they should be doing too...and we see and hear tales of this kind a lot.

You should not feel guilty if this is the case and doing what you must do..will only make you stronger!!

You can do this....
You nailed It on the head. Money is not the issue on this, it is the fact that this would entail me leaving the house for about an HOUR a few days a week, where I can work out with out having someone telling my to get off it's my turn now, or momma my ride (my 2 year old loves to sit on the ellipitical and ride it) or try to use the Xbox Kinect work outs that I have with out someone coming down wanting to play on it or have their turn!

I wanted to get the black card membership $19 + tax a month so that DH and I can go at the same time and work out together AND have a personal trainer at our disposal at no cost.

When the person who is suppose to be your support calls you ugly names, throws out hurtful alligations and yells at you then ignores you because you make a choice to get into a 1 year contract with a place that is nation wide and is located where we want to move to if we sell our house this spring.............it hurts more than you know.

I just do not know what to do, I just glared at :kickcan:
The thing is dh wants to lose weight and needs to BUT on his terms which means him going to Anytime fitness for 3 months with out me.

I would rather spend $20 a month NOW than thousands later for open heart surgery!

mars735
02-01-2014, 05:53 PM

Hi sarahBell, That's an empowering image I will keep in mind for my moments of slippage--thanks for sharing!

Very disappointing to hear about your experience with PF. (I've felt the same vibe, though never heard anything spoken out loud. My gym eventually made me feel very unwelcome for losing weight but NOT on their plan).

You have options. If you feel like it, you could look at it an opportunity to educate them about basic civility & customer relations. If you don't feel like you'll be comfortable working out there however, you are entitled to a full refund and I would be very explicit as to why you are canceling.

In case you can't find a convenient & welcoming gym ... I just bought some great workout DVDs from Costco. I tried a few that I didn't like because they were hard to follow or boring. Costco allowed me to return them no questions asked. It's nice to get in a workout without feeling rushed or having to tote my work clothes.

mars735
02-01-2014, 05:57 PM

One of the docs in my workplace who lost >100lbs on IP told me he drinks scotch because it has no carbs.

brelo
02-01-2014, 06:32 PM

Great job on the 16 pounds!! Yes absolutely, my mood drastically improves when I eat this way. I am even able to better cope with the stresses of life.

Well made it back from the walk without freezing our buns off. Did 5.4 kms in 1hour and burned 400 calories according to my Endomondo app. It's a beautiful sunny day and the pathways that run along the river were nice and quiet :D

I went on a three mile walk with a friend this morning as well on a cold snowy path by a river! It was beautiful. I didn't realize how cold to the bone I was until I got home where I promptly bundled up and turned the temp up to 74! I seem to run a little colder all the time with the weight loss. Not sure if it's due to less insulation on my frame or the intake of fewer calories that causes the coldness. At any rate, last year 64 was a comfortable indoor temp, this year, I keep it at 70!

sarahBell
02-01-2014, 07:19 PM
SarahBell - I am so sorry to hear that you had such a bad time at Planet Fitness. If you can gather yourself together, would it b worth addressing the issue of the mean conversation with the manager or even a regional manager?

Beyond the personal angst you went through, I can understand how emotionally devastating this must be to NOT have a place where you can get the exercise in a safe place. It is hard for many of us who are uncomfortable with our size to walk into a gym, much less to go regularly. It would be shattering to be brave and courageous and go to sign up and get such a bad "welcome".

I guess their ads about being a gym for the non-jock are not entirely true. Send you plenty of hugs and strength.

I have not even set foot in there yet that is the sad part :(

shrinkingsusie
02-01-2014, 08:44 PM
Treated myself to a collagen sugar scrub to celebrate reaching my lowest weight in the last ten years! Can't wait to try it out tomorrow, it smells so good!

stephascope
02-01-2014, 08:53 PM
Treated myself to a collagen sugar scrub to celebrate reaching my lowest weight in the last ten years! Can't wait to try it out tomorrow, it smells so good!

Sounds awesome! Enjoy! :queen:

65X65
02-01-2014, 08:58 PM
You nailed It on the head. Money is not the issue on this, it is the fact that this would entail me leaving the house for about an HOUR a few days a week, where I can work out with out having someone telling my to get off it's my turn now, or momma my ride (my 2 year old loves to sit on the ellipitical and ride it) or try to use the Xbox Kinect work outs that I have with out someone coming down wanting to play on it or have their turn!

I wanted to get the black card membership $19 + tax a month so that DH and I can go at the same time and work out together AND have a personal trainer at our disposal at no cost.

When the person who is suppose to be your support calls you ugly names, throws out hurtful alligations and yells at you then ignores you because you make a choice to get into a 1 year contract with a place that is nation wide and is located where we want to move to if we sell our house this spring.............it hurts more than you know.

I just do not know what to do, I just glared at :kickcan:
The thing is dh wants to lose weight and needs to BUT on his terms which means him going to Anytime fitness for 3 months with out me.

I would rather spend $20 a month NOW than thousands later for open heart surgery!

Sarah- This pains me...
So sorry the problem was your family and not the gym. I think a lot of folks here think the meanness happened at PF..and did not catch that the problem you spoke of came from what should have been from your own support network/family. You need special support for more than weight loss...and I'm not sure all of what you need can come from a forum like this. Psychological and verbal abuse is destructive and hard to overcome with out professional help. Is there someone you can talk to 1:1? Are you safe?:hug: Please consider getting help if you are not. You are worth it.

Suebee50
02-01-2014, 10:42 PM
Down 23 pounds in one month. Ideal protein works.! Can't say every day is easy, but one of my biggest successes was going to a book group last night prepared with seltzer water and no carb snacks. Missed having a glass of wine, but know that this phase is temporary and once I meet my goal I will be able to have a little wine now and then :dust.

sweetenuf
02-01-2014, 11:20 PM

Thats fab, I go in Wednesday for my week 3 WI. Keep up the work, I have been feeling great too even thou its only been 2 weeks. congrats!

Ruth Ann
02-01-2014, 11:22 PM
Down 23 pounds in one month. Ideal protein works.! Can't say every day is easy, but one of my biggest successes was going to a book group last night prepared with seltzer water and no carb snacks. Missed having a glass of wine, but know that this phase is temporary and once I meet my goal I will be able to have a little wine now and then :dust.

Congrats Suebee - that is an awesome loss for a month! You're right - it's not always easy but the results are so worth it!

sweetenuf
02-01-2014, 11:23 PM

Just wanted to say Hi, we are almost the same starting weight. I def have seen a tremendous increase in my mood :)

Last Hurrah
02-02-2014, 01:15 AM
My weigh ins are Mondays. My scale hasn't moved from my weigh in. I'm finishing up week three. Wondering why my weight is stalling? I'm following the plan 100 %.

canadjineh
02-02-2014, 02:02 AM
One of the docs in my workplace who lost >100lbs on IP told me he drinks scotch because it has no carbs.

For more information go to this link on Sparkpeople (reputable site) http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=893 Although it is true that there are no carbs (or at least less than one) in 1.5 oz of Scotch or Vodka your body will process the calories from alcohol first and everything else gets stored as you-know-what. Alcohol also lowers inhibitions even in moderation (that's why people use it to relax) so that little snack you are offered might get rationalized as OK when we all know it's a slippery slope.

I hate to sound so negative and yes I do use alcohol in moderation (I like fine scotches, good wines, and real potato vodka) but I'm not using it right now while I am carb counting because I know what it does to blood sugar. Part of the problem for alcoholics is a blood sugar issue that sets up the cravings or need for alcohol. NOT accusing anyone who partakes, just stating some facts :hat:

mars735
02-02-2014, 07:18 AM
For more information go to this link on Sparkpeople (reputable site) http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=893 Although it is true that there are no carbs (or at least less than one) in 1.5 oz of Scotch or Vodka your body will process the calories from alcohol first and everything else gets stored as you-know-what. Alcohol also lowers inhibitions even in moderation (that's why people use it to relax) so that little snack you are offered might get rationalized as OK when we all know it's a slippery slope.

I hate to sound so negative and yes I do use alcohol in moderation (I like fine scotches, good wines, and real potato vodka) but I'm not using it right now while I am carb counting because I know what it does to blood sugar. Part of the problem for alcoholics is a blood sugar issue that sets up the cravings or need for alcohol. NOT accusing anyone who partakes, just stating some facts :hat:

Another issue is that alcohol interferes with fat metabolism in the liver, slowing weight loss.

Ruth Ann
02-02-2014, 07:19 AM
My weigh ins are Mondays. My scale hasn't moved from my weigh in. I'm finishing up week three. Wondering why my weight is stalling? I'm following the plan 100 %.

There are so many reasons that your weight may not go down on a day to day basis - water retention, TOM, big C or you could be losing inches and not pounds (that happens a lot). If you are staying 100% and getting all your oil, water, etc. in you just have to be patient with yourself, the pounds will come off.

If weighing daily is going to make you stressed, you might consider just weighing at your official weigh in. Remember, the scale is just one measure of progress - how you feel, how your clothes fit, etc. all play a part. The scale is just a measure of that one point in time, not your overall progress.

Vippysue
02-02-2014, 07:27 AM

I'm there with you. Same time (3weeks), same result, no scale movement. I'm feeling discouraged and not sure what I'm doing wrong. My scale has even gone up a lb in the last 2 days and I went for a 2+ mi walk/run yesterday. :-(

I guess we have just got to hang in there and power through. I'm encouraged by all those having great success.

lisa32989
02-02-2014, 07:40 AM
I'm there with you. Same time (3weeks), same result, no scale movement. I'm feeling discouraged and not sure what I'm doing wrong. My scale has even gone up a lb in the last 2 days and I went for a 2+ mi walk/run yesterday. :-(

I guess we have just got to hang in there and power through. I'm encouraged by all those having great success.

Yup. Exercise may stall WL. It is good for us but actually can slow the scale. Tiny tears in muscles occur with exercise and they need to repair. Inflammation happens temporarily and that is water weight.
This is why we should not micromanage the scale. And the scale isn't the only measure. Make sure that measuring tape comes out weekly, as well.

Stay off the scale if it stresses you. You can't control it anyway. The plan works. Just not always on our timeline. Let it work.

nolasmurf
02-02-2014, 09:34 AM
Hi all here's some pics from the fashion show we did atwork this week. Talk about a doozy of a weekend!

Had a small loss this weekend. .2 lbs :(
Oh well hoping tha means a whoosh next week.

IdealProteinNewbie
02-02-2014, 09:35 AM
Looking good nola!

Slipfree
02-02-2014, 09:45 AM
Lisa: needed to hear this today, "The plan works. Just not always own our timeline. Let it work." Thanks!

Shrinkingsusie: congratulations on your weight loss so far. You are an inspiration to me, as the scale has slowed down. I see your numbers and your weeks and I tell myself, it is working for Susie. Enjoy your sugar scrub, you have earned it. :yay:

Last Hurrah and Vippysue, be sure to measure everything, skipping food (veggies and packets) does not help on this program,get your water in, limit sweeteners and vary your animal protein ( I find that when I have beef tenderloin, I have a better loss that week).

Off to Ikea and Whole Foods. They are an hour away. On my list: aminos, bubbies pickles, frozen rhubarb. Is there anything else, IP- that you buy at Whole foods?

Jennagain
02-02-2014, 09:48 AM
Have to say the fact the numbers are going DOWN on the scale is great, compared to the opposite direction, but had the best compliment from my daughter last night - she's noticed since I started this journey that I'm not as "cranky" anymore. :) Likely because I'm feeling better, have more energy, and overall, feel less stressed about things! ...just another benefit of the IP program!
Have a great day everyone :)

ReenHag
02-02-2014, 10:01 AM

Excellent! Congrats on your loss and your success at book group!

Great points! And I agree whole-heartedly with the statement that a drink could lead to off-program snacking, too. Having a drink while trying to follow the program is a very personal choice, so just be aware.

I find it very strange, too, at how my tastes have changed with regard to wine and alcohol. I used to LOVE various types of white wine and sweet mixed drinks. I enjoyed milder reds, too (shiraz, malbec, red blends...) Now, I have tried a number of different white varietals, and they do not taste good to me. I think i am a red girl all the way! (I am not at all upset about that LOL)

Hi all here's some pics from the fashion show we did atwork this week. Talk about a doozy of a weekend!

What a cute pic. You look fab, and the dress is adorable! Congrats on your loss, too. Any loss is good. :D

RescueAnnie
02-02-2014, 10:07 AM
I'm just finishing week three and it looks like I only lost.3lbs. I'm pretty frustrated as I have been working the plan really hard. I need to see successes on the scale, because I've failed so many times in the past. I want to be successful this time, I don't want to let myself down again. I see others loosing twenty plus pounds in the first month and I am wondering what I am doing wrong!

mars735
02-02-2014, 10:07 AM
Great points! And I agree whole-heartedly with the statement that a drink could lead to off-program snacking, too. Having a drink while trying to follow the program is a very personal choice, so just be aware.

I agree. A group of about 12-15 of us at work did IP at the same time. Several people initially reported that they were cheating with small amounts of alcohol everyday--maybe 4oz of wine or 2 oz vodka in the evening, or some beer at a weekend party. They continued to lose weight but eventually veered off program entirely, every single one of them.

schenectady
02-02-2014, 10:11 AM
Yup. Exercise may stall WL. It is good for us but actually can slow the scale. Tiny tears in muscles occur with exercise and they need to repair. Inflammation happens temporarily and that is water weight.
This is why we should not micromanage the scale. And the scale isn't the only measure. Make sure that measuring tape comes out weekly, as well.

Stay off the scale if it stresses you. You can't control it anyway. The plan works. Just not always own our timeline. Let it work.

For all those who are struggling when the weight loss numbers do not fall as you might like = please read and reread Lisa's advice and that of Ruth Ann. It is so important that you understand and remember what they have said.

I have struggled with the issue in the past and yes, these past weeks I have been frustrated when the numbers do not fall like I think they should.

What I can tell you is that even with the lack of numbers falling, my size is definitely falling and changing. I have started going religiously to the gym and I am very careful to stay 100%.

So when the scale doesn't do like I want, I go try on clothes that I am waiting to be able to fit - they slide on like butter on a hot griddle (OK, couldn't resist the food analogy!) That feeling of a skirt or pair of pants just zipping on up is great - the zipper doesn't catch or snag, just gliiiiiides up over my hips and back end!

Ultimately, what I want is to feel good and look good. I remind myself of that on those tough days, look at the pile of clothes going to the thrift store, and then at the next outfit I am going to try to wear! (Currently a beautiful pink denim skirt is hanging out for me to see).

65X65
02-02-2014, 11:04 AM
For all those who are struggling when the weight loss numbers do not fall as you might like = please read and reread Lisa's advice and that of Ruth Ann. It is so important that you understand and remember what they have said.

I have struggled with the issue in the past and yes, these past weeks I have been frustrated when the numbers do not fall like I think they should.

What I can tell you is that even with the lack of numbers falling, my size is definitely falling and changing. I have started going religiously to the gym and I am very careful to stay 100%.

So when the scale doesn't do like I want, I go try on clothes that I am waiting to be able to fit - they slide on like butter on a hot griddle (OK, couldn't resist the food analogy!) That feeling of a skirt or pair of pants just zipping on up is great - the zipper doesn't catch or snag, just gliiiiiides up over my hips and back end!

Ultimately, what I want is to feel good and look good. I remind myself of that on those tough days, look at the pile of clothes going to the thrift store, and then at the next outfit I am going to try to wear! (Currently a beautiful pink denim skirt is hanging out for me to see).

This is an excellent self analysis and emphasizes that the addition of exercise after your body adjusts to IP is helpful and the scale is so NOT the best and only indicator you are being successful....And getting healthy!:dancer::dancer:

Slipfree
02-02-2014, 11:11 AM
Mandy,

Just saw your post about banana pudding, it makes great waffles and muffins. I made banana zucchini waffles last night and really liked them.

IPMaryD
02-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Hi everyone, I finally had a (my first) weigh in on Thursday and I was down 7 lbs, but apparently it was mostly lean mass, so now I need to eat an extra protein. I was a little confused as I don't totally trust that machine anyway. Is this a ploy to make me buy more products? I am hardly ever hungry but I am making an effort to follow all of the protocol. Thanks!

drd1961
02-02-2014, 11:38 AM
Super bowl Sunday. Fun!

I got a turkey coupon around Thanksgiving. Since we always go to in-laws for holidays, I bought the turkey and we are having it today! The boys get the fixing, but that is ok, because I love turkey and have lots of veggies to fill in!

Sorry Seattle fans, I have loved Peyton since he was in Indy!

MagicAnne
02-02-2014, 11:41 AM
Good morning,

I am new to 3fatchicks and new to this diet. This is week three and so far so good. This forum has been very helpful.

Just got back from 4 days of travel so it was a great test for eating out!

MagicAnne
02-02-2014, 11:45 AM
Lisa: needed to hear this today, "The plan works. Just not always own our timeline. Let it work." Thanks!

Shrinkingsusie: congratulations on your weight loss so far. You are an inspiration to me, as the scale has slowed down. I see your numbers and your weeks and I tell myself, it is working for Susie. Enjoy your sugar scrub, you have earned it. :yay:

Last Hurrah and Vippysue, be sure to measure everything, skipping food (veggies and packets) does not help on this program,get your water in, limit sweeteners and vary your animal protein ( I find that when I have beef tenderloin, I have a better loss that week).

Off to Ikea and Whole Foods. They are an hour away. On my list: aminos, bubbies pickles, frozen rhubarb. Is there anything else, IP- that you buy at Whole foods?
Jicama!

mars735
02-02-2014, 11:55 AM
Hi everyone, I finally had a (my first) weigh in on Thursday and I was down 7 lbs, but apparently it was mostly lean mass, so now I need to eat an extra protein. I was a little confused as I don't totally trust that machine anyway. Is this a ploy to make me buy more products? I am hardly ever hungry but I am making an effort to follow all of the protocol. Thanks!

Congratulations! The machines are not foolproof. It doesn't sound like a ploy to get you to buy more food, rather a way to preserve your lean mass and prevent your metabolism from slowing down to conserve energy. Whether or not you follow this recommendation, be sure to get in ALL of the other items on the protocol each & every day, even if you aren't hungry. Each one has a specific purpose and will lead to the best results.

IPMaryD
02-02-2014, 12:05 PM
Thanks, Mars. I am making my first batch of cauliflower rice today... this with chicken breast in the crockpot with and hot sauce will be my super bowl dinner!

schenectady
02-02-2014, 12:56 PM
I'm just finishing week three and it looks like I only lost.3lbs. I'm pretty frustrated as I have been working the plan really hard. I need to see successes on the scale, because I've failed so many times in the past. I want to be successful this time, I don't want to let myself down again. I see others loosing twenty plus pounds in the first month and I am wondering what I am doing wrong!

It would be hard for any of us to answer what you are doing wrong - if this "low" loss is only this one past week, that happens to us all. There are so many factors influencing weight loss, TOM, eating/dieting prior to starting IP, your actual exact diet, your water, oil, and vitamin intake, activity level, stress, salt intake, etc.

All I can see is that in many cases, those who lose 20 pounds the first month start at some pretty high weights to begin with. Almost all of us have had low weeks.

Although the weight does sometimes fall quickly, this is a program you may be on for a while. You need to get used to fluctuations and find the determination and discipline to be absolutely 100% on the program every day - stay the course. As I posted earlier, even when my weight is not going down, my body size is and that means it is working.

Hang in there, examine your eating and water, oil, salt intake minutely. Take a look at the protocol sheet and see if you have missed anything or whether you are 100% OP. Once you have done that, consider talking to your coach for help.

ReenHag
02-02-2014, 12:59 PM
Working on my presentation for tomorrow plus my lesson plans for the week while watching a Say Yes to the Dress marathon...now i want to go try on wedding dresses as a skinny person! How fun would that be? I have been married for almost 15 years, but I was a size 14-16 when I got married.

Believe me, I know how tempting it is, but do not compare yourself to others! A loss is a loss, and this is one week in a lengthy journey toward a healthy weight. Trust me, I get it; many of us do. But you did see a success on the scale- it went down! That is a success!!! If you are following the plan 100%, then you are not doing anything wrong. Keep it up, and you WILL get to your goal. The weight was not put on quickly, and it will not come off quickly...but it WILL come off.

I agree. A group of about 12-15 of us at work did IP at the same time. Several people initially reported that they were cheating with small amounts of alcohol everyday--maybe 4oz of wine or 2 oz vodka in the evening, or some beer at a weekend party. They continued to lose weight but eventually veered off program entirely, every single one of them.

Every day? Wow. I can totally see why they didn't last on program. I have had maybe two glasses of wine while on P1, which has lasted over four months. I do not miss it much, honestly.

Renee

blondie739
02-02-2014, 01:39 PM
Just wanted to throw out there something I observed.... Frustration comes on the third week weigh in. It seems we all get excited for the first two weeks of loss and the third week our bodies are almost playing catch up. Hopefully everyone that saw a small loss will stick with it and see a bigger one in the 4th week! I sure did, and have averaged a loss of 4.5 pounds a week in the first month. Just wanted to throw out an observation and some encouragement!

mars735
02-02-2014, 02:03 PM
Just wanted to throw out there something I observed.... Frustration comes on the third week weigh in. It seems we all get excited for the first two weeks of loss and the third week our bodies are almost playing catch up. Hopefully everyone that saw a small loss will stick with it and see a bigger one in the 4th week! I sure did, and have averaged a loss of 4.5 pounds a week in the first month. Just wanted to throw out an observation and some encouragement!

Rescue Annie: As you rack up more weeks, the wisdom to look at MONTHLY average weight loss will become more apparent. Although my WIs fluctuated week to week, they invariably averaged to the same monthly loss. Soon if not already, you will notice that your measurements and clothes size shrink, and it will not be on the same schedule as your scale number. Hang in there!

Ruth Ann
02-02-2014, 02:21 PM

Remember that lean mass includes everything that is not fat - so water, connective tissue, etc are all included. The scales most clinics use to measure are generally not terribly accurate.

I think adding another packet kind of depends on how well informed you think your coach is and how you feel. I think some clinics suggest 4 packets a day for people over 200 (250?) and, of course, during the first week or so if you're hungry an extra packet is allowed. In my opinion (and this is my opinion only!) if you aren't hungry, your energy is good, you aren't feeling weak and you feel comfortable with 3 packets a day I wouldn't change anything. You could always add an extra egg white or two if you think you aren't getting enough protein.

And congrats on the loss - that is a great start!

jendilly
02-02-2014, 02:35 PM
I survived 10 hours at a volleyball tournament yesterday! I ate breakfast before I went. Made Oatmeal/Zucchini muffins to eat there, along with a salad. It went until 7:30 at night, so we went out to dinner after (never thought it would go that late!) and ordered baked salmon with double veggies (steamed, no butter...The Ram was awesome). My daughter ordered a milkshake AND a sundae after...no cheating for me. I ate my lemon pudding when I got home. Felt good about how I did...but I'm sore from sitting on metal bleachers ALL day long!

Today...it's all about the SUPER BOWL and we have our foods planned out. Deviled eggs, chicken strips, veggies, chocolate gems, and a few other snacks that I can have. Then we have lots of other things for the family, but I won't be tempted with any of those.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

lisa32989
02-02-2014, 02:46 PM
Working on my presentation for tomorrow plus my lesson plans for the week while watching a Say Yes to the Dress marathon...now i want to go try on wedding dresses as a skinny person! How fun would that be? I have been married for almost 15 years, but I was a size 14-16 when I got married.
Watching the same thing but not working on presentations/lesson plans. Thanks for reminding me I have a few progress reports to print.
My wedding dresses were a 22 in '93 (gown) and 18 in '07 (tea length handkerchief hem)
The PRICES on this show blow me away.
My gown was 750 and it looks like the prices have about doubled from that designer. So 1500, not 10K!

sarahBell
02-02-2014, 03:15 PM

You look so cute in that dress LOVE IT!

Deana509
02-02-2014, 03:17 PM
NSV - Bought an XL shirt for $4 on the clearance rack without trying it on, and it fit!

IPMaryD
02-02-2014, 03:39 PM
Thanks Ruth Ann!! I just added egg whites to the chicken noodle soup. It was awesome! I am going to stick with 3 and add a 4th if I am hungry. Thanks! Also, I just made those pudding muffins from the thread on the top of the IP page they are awesome!!

jojobananas
02-02-2014, 03:55 PM
Hey all! Congrats to everyone on their successes and NSV this week! A lot of people on here talk about using teas to curb their cravings and for anyone who hasn't tried that, it works! A specialty tea shop just opened near me (called David's Tea), they have a bunch of cool and interesting flavors. I just got a salted caramel tea that is absolutely delicious and really kicked my craving! Just be sure to check the websites for specialty tea stores to make sure the variety you try doesnt have carbs! Sipping on my tea now, sooo yummy!

sweetenuf
02-02-2014, 04:25 PM

Thank you, Im on my 3rd week and was reading everyones WI for that week and was almost dreading the scale on Wed, but your post was encouraging...

lisa32989
02-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Really fighting the "munchy crunchy" cravings this weekend.
I know I could have a crunchy restricted but since this is about cravings, I'm powering thru so as not to feed the cravings (which to me is like feeding the tantruming inner toddler).

The inner child is not in control of the menu!

sarahBell
02-02-2014, 05:25 PM
I have zero appetite this weekend :(

stephascope
02-02-2014, 05:42 PM
I have zero appetite this weekend :(

Omg I wish I had no appetite. I am PMSing and craving all sorts of bad stuff. Had all 3 packets already today including my restricted Chocolate Brownie. Also had a big mug of Candy Cane Lane tea which helped a bit. Going for coffee with a friend soon so hopefully that will help tame the beast!

I can't help but think your loss of appetite has to do with the tension between you and your DH? Hang in there! :hug:

sarahBell
02-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Omg I wish I had no appetite. I am PMSing and craving all sorts of bad stuff. Had all 3 packets already today including my restricted Chocolate Brownie. Also had a big mug of Candy Cane Lane tea which helped a bit. Going for coffee with a friend soon so hopefully that will help tame the beast!

I can't help but think your loss of appetite has to do with the tension between you and your DH? Hang in there! :hug:

the tension is the cause.

mars735
02-02-2014, 06:57 PM
NSV - Bought an XL shirt for $4 on the clearance rack without trying it on, and it fit!

Fitting into the regular sizes AND finding a bargain. I'll take those over food any day. You go girl!

RescueAnnie
02-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Thanks so much. I guess I just need to be patient and look at the monthly totals. I appreciate all the support!

lgg64
02-02-2014, 07:25 PM
I've got about 20 pounds to lose - I have been following the program to a tee... Does this seem like quite a bit of weight to lose in such a short time... I was an exercise guru and made no progress... Quit working out and start IP out of pure frustration hoping to lose some fat and I've lost 9 pounds in 8 days... Does this seem right? Thoughts?.... (Not that I'm complaining....;)

ReenHag
02-02-2014, 07:33 PM
I've got about 20 pounds to lose - I have been following the program to a tee... Does this seem like quite a bit of weight to lose in such a short time... I was an exercise guru and made no progress... Quit working out and start IP out of pure frustration hoping to lose some fat and I've lost 9 pounds in 8 days... Does this seem right? Thoughts?.... (Not that I'm complaining....;)

For your first week, that seems about right for the IP program. Do not expect it in the future, though, as a lot of it is water, not all fat.

IPMaryD
02-02-2014, 08:07 PM
lgg64, I lost 7lbs in my first 10 days but I have a lot more to loose than you do! Did your coach talk about what kind of weight you lost? I was told I lost lean mass and still need to add another protein. Anyway, congrats on a great start!

lisa32989
02-02-2014, 08:09 PM
lgg64, I lost 7lbs in my first 10 days but I have a lot more to loose than you do! Did your coach talk about what kind of weight you lost? I was told I lost lean mass and still need to add another protein. Anyway, congrats on a great start!

Water could account for your "lean mass" as lean mass is everything that is not fat

View that info with a grain of salt

ReenHag
02-02-2014, 08:26 PM
Bruno was good, but I expected more.

lgg64
02-02-2014, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone... I will keep keepin' on....

Peggypip
02-02-2014, 09:13 PM
Been on IPD for a month and feel better than I have in a long time. I actually like this way of eating! Hated it at first, but the benefits were worth the first hard ten days. I went clothes shopping today - something I have HATED for a long time and I could see the change in my body (14lbs). I actually smiled at myself in the dressing room mirror! Love this forum...

IPMaryD
02-02-2014, 09:31 PM
Yay Peggy! That is a NSV!

PS. Thanks Lisa!

ems70508
02-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Watching the same thing but not working on presentations/lesson plans. Thanks for reminding me I have a few progress reports to print.
My wedding dresses were a 22 in '93 (gown) and 18 in '07 (tea length handkerchief hem)
The PRICES on this show blow me away.
My gown was 750 and it looks like the prices have about doubled from that designer. So 1500, not 10K!

Caught some episodes this afternoon as well. I'm blown away by what some people think is 'acceptable' to spend on a dress. BUT to each their own! I was a princess (debutante) last year in a Mardi Gras Ball and had to get a white gown. I obviously wanted something with straps because of my size so that narrowed down my options. In the end, I had to accept that $1,200 was 'cheap'....that's what I spent...WASN'T EVEN MY WEDDING GOWN! Thankfully I'll be normal size when I get married and won't have such limited options....

ems70508
02-02-2014, 10:56 PM

Hopefully coffee helped. I always find if I distract myself, I forget about the hunger.

Sarahbell, so sorry to hear what you're going through. Do what makes you happy. I'm not married but I live in the same town as my parents and witness their ups and downs. Usually my dad gets frustrated with how my mom spends money when it comes to health. She is always looking for ways to improve herself, be it a way of eating, vitamins, exercise, etc. Anyway, she orders all of her vitamins online and he gets frustrated because he doesn't think she should 'waste money'. THEN the sly fox starts taking them himself and now my mom has to order double! She laughs because they've been married almost 35 years and he's always been that way. Basically, I'm trying to say that she has gotten to the point where yes, they are married, but she is going to do what makes her happy and usually (hopefully) her spouse will follow behind (knowing that it'll benefit in the long-run). If your DH is like my daddy, he just has a hard time admitting loss or defeat....sorry that was so long!