Old 01-31-2014, 08:42 PM   #1  

Default Did IP make me this sick?

So I started day one of IP. Had a shake for breakfast, salad we dressing and pudding for lunch. When I took the supplements I started not feeling great. I ate dinner and Had a protein bar for snack. I woke up that night very stomach sick for the rest of the night. Could I be having a reaction to so something I ate or is it a coincidence? I talked to my coach who said stop until you feel better. I have lost 5 pounds lol but that was not the way I planned to do it. Has anyone else felt sick after starting IP? I"m scared to try again next week.
justforme2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:49 PM   #2  

You certainly could be reacting to something in the products.
Soy, sucralose, and whey protein are probably the 3 most logical culprits.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:14 PM   #3  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by justforme2014 View Post
So I started day one of IP. Had a shake for breakfast, salad we dressing and pudding for lunch. When I took the supplements I started not feeling great. I ate dinner and Had a protein bar for snack. I woke up that night very stomach sick for the rest of the night. Could I be having a reaction to so something I ate or is it a coincidence? I talked to my coach who said stop until you feel better. I have lost 5 pounds lol but that was not the way I planned to do it. Has anyone else felt sick after starting IP? I"m scared to try again next week.
Aww that's a bummer! Sometimes I have a 6th sense about what made me sick--maybe you do too?. You mentioned not feeling great after taking the supplements. Was that at the same time or later than lunch? It would be nice (poor word choice, I know) if it was something easily remedied like intolerance to the supplements or food poisoning from a salad ingredient.

As for IP foods, you can get a list of ingredients in the ones you ate (through your clinic, googling, or probably 3FC). Maybe try eliminating the likely suspects that Lisa listed, though most of the products have sucralose (same thing as Splenda).

A lot of IPers end up sticking with a very limited selection and do fine. Once you find something that works, you can vary things by using it in recipes, or get variety in your veggies & protein. I used 4 products about 95% of the time.

Hope you soon feel better and get back on the horse!

Last edited by mars735; 01-31-2014 at 09:17 PM.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:16 PM   #4  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

I find the supplements upset my stomach if I don't take them directly after eating. They just don't sit well on an empty stomach for me.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote