Ideal Protein Diet - Oct. Newbies- Feeling Fabulous in February

Pages : [1] 2

Slipfree
01-31-2014, 08:08 PM
Hi October Newbies! Welcome to month #5

Let's make this month all about celebrating how fabulous we feel, right now! Sure, we have our ups and downs with IP, but we are looking and feeling so much better. Our lifelong success depends on learning to love and care for ourselves. So happy February :val1:

stephascope
01-31-2014, 08:30 PM
5th month? Yikes, I started October 20 so I guess I'm still in my 4th month until Feb 20. We've all come so far since October. So glad I made the decision to start this program. Can't wait to be finished it too and start my new life in maintenance!

want2bskinnyagain
01-31-2014, 10:11 PM
Let's hope this is a great month for all our scales!! Can't believe we are coming up to 5 months. I am definately looking forward to being done, but I will continue on and keep losing. My goal is to be at goal by July 1st.

Kawaii1002
01-31-2014, 11:05 PM
Thanks Slip for setting up our next months thread. It is so wonderful to be able to keep in touch with everyone! :hug:'s for all the ladies (and gent) of our IP group. So, in consideration of us being on this journey, what's the most significant thing you've noticed as a change since starting IP??

For me it's not so much about size in clothing (clothes still stink) it's the shrinking digits.. I'm just 17lbs away from being in the 200's... I haven't weighed in the 200's since my freshman year of high school... seriously.. 24 years.. It was a huge realization for me.. and I'm so excited to be giving away the emotional baggage that comes with all these pounds!

LUCCILOVE
01-31-2014, 11:51 PM
the most significant thing I noticed is that I am SUPER COLD almost all the time.

(Yes I have had my thyroid check and I am on meds for it) I get tested about every 3-6 months

stephascope
02-01-2014, 09:58 AM
the most significant thing I noticed is that I am SUPER COLD almost all the time.

(Yes I have had my thyroid check and I am on meds for it) I get tested about every 3-6 months

I was so cold at work on Thursday that my lips were turning blue! It was awful. I know they like to keep it cool in there but omg.

Slipfree
02-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Good morning! It is actually above freezing today :)

Scale was down a pound this morning, first time that I have seen that number in 12 years :D

Biggest changes: I can see and feel my hip bones.
I can cross my legs easily.
I get dressed quickly because clothes fit.
I am happier overall.
I don't feel invisible in the world anymore.

Steph, the irony of losing this weight in winter? I am constantly wearing big bulky sweaters, because they have lowered the thermostat in my classroom. My buddy was wearing his parka in his classroom. I hate being cold, so I come home and crank my heat which means bucko $$$ on my oil bill.

So glad that I have friends to share this journey with.:grouphug:

stephascope
02-01-2014, 10:52 AM
Good morning! It is actually above freezing today :)

Scale was down a pound this morning, first time that I have seen that number in 12 years :D

Biggest changes: I can see and feel my hip bones.
I can cross my legs easily.
I get dressed quickly because clothes fit.
I am happier overall.
I don't feel invisible in the world anymore.

Steph, the irony of losing this weight in winter? I am constantly wearing big bulky sweaters, because they have lowered the thermostat in my classroom. My buddy was wearing his parka in his classroom. I hate being cold, so I come home and crank my heat which means bucko $$$ on my oil bill.

So glad that I have friends to share this journey with.:grouphug:

Congrats on the loss this morning! You must feel great! I too feel less invisible - I have so much more confidence and feel more "worthy" of being a human being. Sounds a bit harsh but all I wanted to do was hide in shame when I was at my highest. Never again! ;)

want2bskinnyagain
02-01-2014, 12:10 PM
Kawaii: I find new numbers on the scale so exciting, and it amazes me how long ago I saw that number.

Luccilove: I am cold all the time too, which stinks but I keep telling myself that being cold is better then warm and fat!!! LOL

Slipfree: Another pound bites the dust!!:carrot:

Steph: I don't think it sounds harsh, I think it was true for alot of us.

I think the biggest change for me is my confidence. I am also starting to realize how far I have come, how much work it has been to get where I am(which is a positive thing), and how much smaller my body is then it was back in Oct.

Kawaii1002
02-01-2014, 12:19 PM
So here's a question for you all. You're the ladies I feel like I can confide in and I need some girlfriend advice. Have any of you had troubles in your relationships because of your newfound confidence? Hubby is doing the diet with me and that's great! He's made it to goal weight, and is now on phase 2. The changes with me have been different. I feel like I'm not relying on him as much to "help".. I want to prove to myself that I can do things. And I find that I'm getting frustrated at him quite frequently now. When I talk with him, I find that I just want to vent, and he's always trying to "fix" things. To make my life easier, because he wants to be nice.. but I've had so many years of "nice" that I want (actually NEED) to prove to myself that I can stand on my own two feet.

I think this sounds like I'm pushing him away, and maybe in some ways I am, but I've talked with him and said the words that I said earlier here in this post. Sometimes I'm just looking to vent, I don't want you to fix it. He says "oh, ok", and goes right back to trying to come up with fixes... ARGH!!!

I love him to pieces, and I'm sure that we will work through this. I just was asking if any of you had similar issues, or if this is just in my head..:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

lisa32989
02-01-2014, 01:59 PM
Some of that is the difference in the way men & women communicate.
Women sometimes just want to vent. This is best done with the girls b/c guys are more results oriented. When we vent to them they're looking for what they can fix so we are happy.

I have to be really careful to tell DH I don't want or need him to do anything except listen because up in just venting. Otherwise he wants to fix whatever is "broken"

Slipfree
02-01-2014, 06:49 PM
Hi all,

Made some yummy things for dinner.
Pan fried shrimp: shrimp dipped in egg and coated with crushed garlic soy chips, then pan fried in a tiny bit of garlic olive oil. Used low sodium soy sauce and a little Dijon mustard for a dipping sauce.

For dessert:
banana zucchini waffles
IP banana pudding
2 cups shredded zucchini
2.5 ounces of water
1 egg

Blended and then cooked in a waffle iron and topped with WF blueberry syrup.

RosiePosie101
02-01-2014, 08:16 PM
Hi all,

Made some yummy things for dinner.
Pan fried shrimp: shrimp dipped in egg and coated with crushed garlic soy chips, then pan fried in a tiny bit of garlic olive oil. Used low sodium soy sauce and a little Dijon mustard for a dipping sauce.

For dessert:
banana zucchini waffles
IP banana pudding
2 cups shredded zucchini
2.5 ounces of water
1 egg

Blended and then cooked in a waffle iron and topped with WF blueberry syrup.

That does sound delicious! Do you use you waffle iron a lot? I've never had one but I see lots of good recipes on here and when I've tried doing pancakes instead, it's been a bit of a disaster!! Thinking I might get one.

Slipfree
02-01-2014, 08:22 PM
Hi Rosie,

I was given a Cuisinart grill/griddle for Christmas and the waffle iron plates. I love it! I was not a fan of the crispy cereal pancakes either, but I do like the texture and taste of the waffles. Was surprised at how much I liked the WF blueberry syrup too.

Slipfree
02-02-2014, 10:00 AM
Good morning everyone,

Off to Ikea and Whole Foods today. These stores are an hour away from home. Going to look for: Bubbies pickles, frozen rhubarb, and aminos. Is there anything else IP friendly that you find at Whole Foods?

LUCCILOVE
02-02-2014, 10:58 AM
Slipfree--

Yes I am at my Whole Foods all the time it is not far from me. Couple of things to check out for IP stuff.

In the baking section where the extracts are - there are stevia drops-they are flavored. It is a green and white bottle they have butterscotch, coke, orange, etc. It is the same if you are using stevia (Stevia in the raw green packets). I got the butter Toffee to put into my cookies. They are expensive but last a long time. They need to be refrigerated once opened. They also have nice organic extracts with no sugar added. Cost more then regular extracts.

Their reduced sodium dill pickles are good. There is also a mustard there - I think the brand begins with a W that has no salt added that you can use. It is either a Dijon or a ground mustard. At one point my WFoods had the Redmond real salt that I use from my clinic - I bought the big bag of it so I can just refill my little sprinkle one.

I think their meats are good at least for my area. I like the NY strip steak, filet is very good but expensive. Their ground turkey breast is good. They also have applegate chicken sage sausages are good if u are making eggs, also nice turkey bacon there as well. If you are going to get a rack of lamb (it is in the Chef Vs cookbook for IP) WFoods rack is excellent. They can cut it for you how ever you need it or trim off the fat.

The fish is very hit or miss. It depends on the day I am there.

They have a gourmet mushroom packet that = about 2 cups. I use it for stir fry and my soups. In the freezer section they have nice bags of frozen shitake mushrooms and I think a blended. They are in a light brown bag.

FYI Sometimes the frozen rhubarb is located in the frozen fruit or smoothie fruit section. I know dole makes one.

I really like the San J gluten free organic reduce sodium tamari sauce which is basically soy sauce. It is in a white bottle with a green circle in the front.

I hope this helps a little. Happy Shopping!!!

Good luck and enjoy!!!

PS Was just at my Dollar Store and they have clear/see thru with a lid shoe boxes - this is what I use to store my packets and vitamins in. I dont use the lids. It is very helpful and easy to organize. They were not there last week.

PPS Just tried the WF strawberry jam/spread-very good and the new cranberry spread/sauce-pretty good would work nice as a sauce with turkey or something like that.

LUCCILOVE
02-02-2014, 11:03 AM
Slipfree--

One more thing at WFoods for IP - very hard to find near me is the Spry Gum it comes in cinnamon, peppermint, green tea, and spearmint. All are good. Try the small packets to see if u like them then order the bulk at amazon it is cheaper. Green tea is just ok. Per IP videos this gum was approved. If u dont see it ask someone to help you. Hard to find in the store. It is near the vitamin section or mouth mints

Slipfree
02-02-2014, 11:04 AM
Thank you Luccilove!!! You rock. I will check all of those out. :D

Kawaii1002
02-02-2014, 11:57 AM
Slip,
Next time you're planning a day trip like that, we should go together!! I'd love to check out WFoods and Ikea is amazing.. love the store!

Slipfree
02-02-2014, 12:02 PM
Kawaii,

I am always up for an adventure. Today, I am going with my Mom. She is running a very fancy dance for her church and she needs some stuff from Ikea.
I threw in Whole Foods since we will be down that way. Think we will go to Outback too.

want2bskinnyagain
02-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Slipfree: Happy shopping! Sounds like a fun day.

Kawaii: I have been thinking of your husband question. I think it is in your husbands nature it "fix" things for you, that has been his role for some time now, not easy for him to change what he does. But sometimes we need to tell husbands more then once (more then twice, three times! LOL) what we want or need before they "get" it. Keep telling him how you feel or what you NEED when you are not frustrated with him. Good luck.:hug:

So my friend had a birthday party at her house last night. She knows I am losing weight but I was nervous about how the night was going to go with all the food and alcohol there. When asked I told her I wasn't drinking and she didn't pressure me, (I am not good with pressure, I usually cave). As for the food...I didn't eat anything! I was so happy with myself when I got home. And another guest at the party quietly asked if I had lost "a lot of weight"! I said yes, and that I was still a work in progress! LOL She told me how great I looked and told me to keep it up! It is nice that MOST people are so supportive and encouraging about me losing weight.

Happy Sunday!!!

LUCCILOVE
02-02-2014, 05:15 PM
Slipfree-meant to tell you congrats on your weight loss this week. Hope u got some good stuff to try at WFoods.

Husbands--Mine wants to fix or solve everything. I even tell him before I speak I am just venting and that he does not have to give me a comment or a solution. He doesnt like that but he has no choice. It is a guy/girl thing mainly.

want2bskinnyagain--Great surprise about your friends party. Good for u. And it is nice when you tell some people they end up actually supporting you and being proud of u. It is nice to get encouragement from others when it is unexpected. You go girl!!

JIG--Good luck with Seattle today - I am sure you are routing or them!!!

I am watching the Puppy and Kitten bowl now so frigin cute and clever. It gets better every year!!!

Slipfree
02-02-2014, 06:39 PM
Hi all,

Fun day :). Always fun to spend time with my mom.

Luccilove: that lost pound was back on the scale this morning. Had pickles and soy sauce yesterday, guaranteed to retain h2o with that combo. My Whole Foods was a bit of a challenge- only vanilla stevia, no rhubarb, and really had to search for Bubbies. I did get the organic low sodium soy sauce. Thank you so much for all of your help.

Want2b- your party sounds fantastic! So nice to have so much support and a wonderful, subtle compliment. Way to stay strong.

All4Me&You&Our3
02-02-2014, 08:04 PM
Hi to all of you! I've been reading all your posts since I started in October (24). I decided to post today. I've lost 39 lbs so far 😊! Started 228 - made it to Onederland Christmas morning. Last week - reached the 180's (189)!! I have a goal for getting out each decade at a time - focusing now to reach 170's!! Love IP! This is the easiest weight I have ever lost - without exercise! I actually started lightly this weekend on my exercise bike and treadmill - was wondering if you ladies or guys saw a big drop on your lean mass when you began exercising if you have? I feel like I should be doing some activity - nothing strenuous of course but I felt good afterwards😊.

Slipfree
02-02-2014, 08:21 PM
Welcome All4Me! So glad you decided to post. Congratulations on your 39lbs. gone forever.

I had started exercising by walking on the treadmill, but my foot(broke it in August) started to act up. Need to set up the elliptical to see if it works better.

I am working in 10 pound increments too. I am looking forward to the 170s! This is a great group of people to turn to for support in good and and tough times.

All4Me&You&Our3
02-02-2014, 08:27 PM
Thanks Slipfree! We have very close numbers! What day is your official weigh-in day? I visit with my coach Friday mornings.

Slipfree
02-02-2014, 08:44 PM
I only weigh in officially every three weeks. My clinic charges again after 12 coaching sessions, so I am trying to stretch them out. But I weigh myself each day. Have been in a bit of a slow down weight wise. I have been 100 % OP except for having two restricteds, one time in the very beginning. I have just decided to be patient and to keep working the protocol. I was my current weight for about ten years, so I think my body needs time to break through.

want2bskinnyagain
02-02-2014, 09:13 PM
All4me: Welcome, glad you decided to post. This is a very supportive group. Great job on the pounds lost forever. I too do 10lb increments, it doesn't seem like such a large number that way.

LUCCILOVE
02-02-2014, 09:19 PM
Welcome aboard. I also do my weight losses 10 lbs at a time. It is easier for me to wrap my head around it and not stress about loosing 83 - 100 lbs.

Kawaii1002
02-03-2014, 12:09 AM
Hi to all of you! I've been reading all your posts since I started in October (24). I decided to post today. I've lost 39 lbs so far 😊! Started 228 - made it to Onederland Christmas morning. Last week - reached the 180's (189)!! I have a goal for getting out each decade at a time - focusing now to reach 170's!! Love IP! This is the easiest weight I have ever lost - without exercise! I actually started lightly this weekend on my exercise bike and treadmill - was wondering if you ladies or guys saw a big drop on your lean mass when you began exercising if you have? I feel like I should be doing some activity - nothing strenuous of course but I felt good afterwards😊.
Hey there All4Me!

Welcome to the group! So glad you've made it out of lurker land. Congrats on the 39lbs, that's a great job!
I do my weight tracking in 20lb increments, but I've got quite a bit to lose, and 20lbs seems reachable whereas saying I need to lose 260lbs is like *Gasp*!!!
I haven't been exercising yet since the doc didn't clear me for it yet. I damaged my rotator cuff and sprained my hip (I'm an accident waiting to happen) when I tried to run/walk on treadmill.. seriously... walking on a treadmill.. So once I get cleared for something other than gentle yoga, I'm gonna start working out (with additional protein requirements eaten of course). That's the trick to maintaining your muscle mass.. for every hour of cardio/weight bearing exercise you do, you should consume 1 packet or 4oz animal protein.

Welcome again!!

Kawaii1002
02-03-2014, 12:10 AM
Slip,

Have you heard anything about school tomorrow?? supposed to be awful tomorrow morning... :(

sekc14
02-03-2014, 12:44 AM
I have lost all the weight I regained plus a few pounds more! I set my new goal at what I weighed when I graduated from college. I have 30 more pounds to lose. One of my friends that I was riding with Saturday disapproves of my diet. She kinda made me feel disapproved of and that put me into a funk. That was the feeling I had most of my adult life. I realize now what a struggle I put myself through and thankfully I usually don't feel that way now. But, that day interacting with Her brought it all back. It made me realize why I lived most of my adult life obese, because I was too emotionally distraught. Part of getting through that was working through my relationship with my mother. Another part was coming to an awareness of where I am in life. I've done alright and I'm satisfied with that. I feel ok with myself now, I don't feel judged any more and that's a good feeling. Just wanted to share ...

Slipfree
02-03-2014, 01:02 AM
Sekc14- it is a good thing that you recognized your emotional triggers and have learned how to handle them. As for your friend, I say consider the source. She does not sound like a very supportive friend. You are an adult, making a decision about how to deal with your health. Why does she feel entitled to an opinion, let alone disapproval? You are satisfied by IP and happy with your life that is enough.

Kawaii, no word on school. But obviously, I can not sleep :(

LUCCILOVE
02-03-2014, 07:47 AM
Happy Monday!!! Pouring rain in the VA/DC area. MY FAVORITE recipe so far on IP

It took me a while to find this but this is by far my favorite IP recipe. It was from one of the IP videos. It is so easy to make and you can try all combos. I even bought the Whoopie Pan at BBB ($6.99) plus use your 20% off coupon and it is on clearance and it really makes a great unrestricted item. I made some yesterday and add some WF products IE strawberry, peanut butter, pancake syrups. So yummy. I have also tried it with the vanilla packet in a regular muffin tin also excellent. I do not have the Torani Syrups

"Double Chocolate" Cookies Recipe

By "Coach Mindy"

You are probably thinking, there is no such thing as an Ideal Protein cereal drink product. You are right; however, when you combine two products--Crispy Cereal and Chocolate Drink Mix, you can make fabulous, easy, filling non-restricted cookies.

I am going to give you the "basic recipe". You can change it based on your preferences. Try it with different syrups or extracts. Share the recipe. Pass it around. We can learn so much from each other!

Ingredients:

1 Packet of Ideal Protein Crispy Cereal (crushed)
1 Packet of Ideal Protein Chocolate Drink Mix (Do not use Chocolate Pudding or the Chocolate Pre--Made. This recipe is for the Chocolate Drink Mix. You can make this recipe with the Vanilla Drink Mix, and the Cappuccino Drink Mix also. Remember, not pre-mades and not puddings for this recipe.)
2 Egg whites
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon of baking powder
2 teaspoons of olive oil
1-2 teaspoons Torani Sugar Free Chocolate Macadamia Nut Syrup (made with Splenda). If you do not have this, use an extract you like with an optional packet of Splenda. Also, there are many other Torani Sugar Free Syrups that would be delicious in this recipe--the choice is yours!

Directions:

This is so simple. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Wait a few minutes for the baking powder to make batter thicker.

Equally divide in 12 portions. I use a Wilton Whoopie Pie Pan, sprayed with Pam, which I purchased at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Bake in a preheated 350 oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from pan to cool and enjoy 6 cookies which equals one product. If you do not have this pan, bake in a cake pan. Bake approximately 15 minutes. 1/2 the cake equals one product.

LUCCILOVE
02-03-2014, 08:14 AM
Congrats JIG on your Seattle SuperBowl win!!! It was a blow out - great game. I was thinking of you and hope you didnt go to overboard food wise! ;)

Here is something I never thought about. Good question to ask when you think you are hungry vs craving something. This was a comment from the IP videos. Regarding Hunger

Jae Peacock from IP Says:

"You may to decipher between cravings and hunger. Are you hungry enough to eat a tomato? If so then you know its time for a meal or a salad. Are you hungry enough to eat a chocolate cake? Then you are probably dealing with the more emotional aspects of eating. "

want2bskinnyagain
02-03-2014, 09:02 AM
sekc14: I think people are so fast to judge IP is because they don't know alot about it. I think if they read about it and understood the plan they would see that it works and it is a great plan. You are doing a great job, keep it up and don't listen to your "friend" anymore. ;)

Luccilove: That is a good idea. The other day I told DH that I was hungry, he looked at me and said, drink some water! I was pissed at first but of course I had water and was fine!

Happy IP Monday!!!

Slipfree
02-03-2014, 09:21 AM
Good morning,

Snow Day again! Wednesday is not looking good for us either.

Woke up feeling tired today. Scale is back at 188. Need to think about what to take out for dinner. Also need to get some laundry done.

Luccilove- thanks for the recipe! I use the craving test, but say in pickle instead of a tomato.

Want2b- don't think I would respond well to "drink some water" lol. But it is usually what get me through the hungry times.

LUCCILOVE
02-03-2014, 02:18 PM
Slipfree--I would do pickle as well good point. Pick your veggie!

Had my WI this AM. Lost 3.5 lbs!!! Really surprised since I had my TOM last week. It is weird I always do good when I have my TOM. Coach cant believe it. Really getting into a groove/zone here - it is good for me. I am sort of trying to make this my full time job - the IP diet.

sekc14-where in VA are you from? I am in Alexandria, VA area

LUCCILOVE
02-03-2014, 02:21 PM
Slipfree--For your banana zucchini waffles - when do you eat this? And does this count as 1 unrestricted and 2 cups of veggies? Do you think this will work as a pancake - I dont have a waffle maker/grill.

Slipfree
02-03-2014, 02:25 PM
Hi everyone,

Laundry is getting done, fire in the fireplace and the snow is still coming down.

Chicken burger for dinner tonight, wrapped in Boston Lettuce.

Getting a bit stir crazy being stuck in the house so much this winter.

Slipfree
02-03-2014, 02:33 PM
Yay :yay: Luccilove 3.5 pounds! Fantastic!

The zucchini/banana waffles are good any time. I have had them for breakfast and dessert. 1 unrestricted, 2 protein and 2 veggies. My zucchini was frozen so it had lost a lt of water. You may be able to make it with one cup of zucchini. Have not tried it as a pancake but I bet it would work. Trick will be getting it to cook crispier.

KookySuki
02-03-2014, 11:04 PM
Hi Everyone! I'm baaaack! I took a little detour from IP for a week, but I'm back OP until I hit my goal. I missed you guys and congrats on all of your successes. It really inspired me to get back OP to see how well you are all doing.

Wine4me
02-03-2014, 11:20 PM
Hi Everyone! I'm baaaack! I took a little detour from IP for a week, but I'm back OP until I hit my goal. I missed you guys and congrats on all of your successes. It really inspired me to get back OP to see how well you are all doing.

Welcome Back! I have been lurking, and not very motivated with my slow losses. 1 pound last week, I know I have to be patient and work the program!

Nice to read all your posts!

KookySuki
02-04-2014, 08:56 AM
Slipfree--I would do pickle as well good point. Pick your veggie!

Had my WI this AM. Lost 3.5 lbs!!! Really surprised since I had my TOM last week. It is weird I always do good when I have my TOM. Coach cant believe it. Really getting into a groove/zone here - it is good for me. I am sort of trying to make this my full time job - the IP diet.

sekc14-where in VA are you from? I am in Alexandria, VA area

Congrats on your weigh in, esp for TOM!

KookySuki
02-04-2014, 08:57 AM
Welcome Back! I have been lurking, and not very motivated with my slow losses. 1 pound last week, I know I have to be patient and work the program!

Nice to read all your posts!

Thank you...I'm sure it's frustrating that you're so close to goal and the scale is moving slowly. I'm sure you'll get there soon!

want2bskinnyagain
02-04-2014, 10:04 AM
Luccilove: Great job on the WI this week. I too feel like I do slower weight loss before TOM, but then I do better when I have it and a week or so after. I just started noticing this, glad to know I am not the only one.

Kooky: Glad you are back. I too get discouraged a couple of days/week a month, not sure why. I try to come here more often for motivation and also go to pinterest and look up motivating stuff there. Helps to keep me going.

Wine4me: It is hard when we only lose a pound a week but you are so close to goal, keep plugging along, you will get there.

I started jogging the other day. I downloaded an app that is going to eventually make me run 5k. I am taking it slow and if I need to do days/weeks over I am ok with that. Kind of embarrased to tell people about the running, is this weird? I think I am worried about not being able to do it.

Slipfree
02-04-2014, 05:15 PM
Hi everyone,

I feel like I am stuck a repeating movie loop, where everyday is Monday. Believe me, that is not a good thing when you are working with 7 th graders! We just can not get into a groove with all of these snow days :(.

Want2b- I think it is great that you want to run a 5k. I use Pinterest a lot too for recipes and motivation.

I get frustrated and sick of IP too, especially since I am in such a slow down/ stand still. But then I think, where would I be if I give in and slip? Worse off. I am trying to be grateful for what I have now, smaller body, lower blood pressure and most of the time a happier attitude. But on a day like today, I am thankful for my stubborn determination to stay 100% OP because I want pizza!

Jig
02-04-2014, 06:50 PM
Congrats JIG on your Seattle SuperBowl win!!! It was a blow out - great game. I was thinking of you and hope you didnt go to overboard food wise! ;)

WOOT!!! Thanks Lucci! It's been a fun season and I've looked forward to either my Seahawks or Mariners bringing home a championship to the Pacific Northwest for a long time! I did ok food wise, but I did indulge in a few beers. Trying not to beat myself up over it. Just means I have to work a little harder going forward. I've spent 26 years creating bad eating habits, not going to be able to break them in just a few months, though I'm already worlds ahead of where I was at. Dropped 3 lbs at my last weigh in so I'm lurking just above that 300 lb line. Going to hopefully be there by my next weigh in!

stephascope
02-04-2014, 07:10 PM
I get frustrated and sick of IP too, especially since I am in such a slow down/ stand still. But then I think, where would I be if I give in and slip? Worse off. I am trying to be grateful for what I have now, smaller body, lower blood pressure and most of the time a happier attitude. But on a day like today, I am thankful for my stubborn determination to stay 100% OP because I want pizza!

Glad you feel this way too. God, I miss pizza! :dizzy:

LUCCILOVE
02-04-2014, 10:01 PM
JIG--U are so close!!! We are cheering for you!!! I think it is ok you splurged on the Super Bowl especially since it was your team that was in it and won it. No need to beat yourself up over it. And good for you for getting back on track immediately after.

I know this is a big deal for Seattle. We use to live in Renton, WA for 2.5 years on Lake Washington.

We are suppose to get a bad freezing rain all night and all day tom in DC area so I am staying in and going to try some new IP recipes.

Has anyone made turnip fries? Dont think I have had a turnip - what do they taste like? Curious...

Slipfree
02-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Hi,

Made chocolate IP waffles tonight. IP chocolate drink packet, 1 egg, 1 ounce da Vinci chocolate flavor syrup, 1 ounce of water. Stir and cook in waffle iron. It was good!

KookySuki
02-05-2014, 08:41 AM
Luccilove: Great job on the WI this week. I too feel like I do slower weight loss before TOM, but then I do better when I have it and a week or so after. I just started noticing this, glad to know I am not the only one.

Kooky: Glad you are back. I too get discouraged a couple of days/week a month, not sure why. I try to come here more often for motivation and also go to pinterest and look up motivating stuff there. Helps to keep me going.

Wine4me: It is hard when we only lose a pound a week but you are so close to goal, keep plugging along, you will get there.

I started jogging the other day. I downloaded an app that is going to eventually make me run 5k. I am taking it slow and if I need to do days/weeks over I am ok with that. Kind of embarrased to tell people about the running, is this weird? I think I am worried about not being able to do it.

Thank you! I realized I need to regularly visit these boards to stay motivated. Pinterest us great for recipes and exercise ideas. I've tried more of the recipes than exercise. :o

That's awesome that you're signed up for a 5k. When is it? As far as telling people, maybe you could just tell the people who have been really supportive of you with IP. Those same people would probably be proud of you for your running and signing up for a 5k. We're here to support you too. At least you've told us. Maybe there are some runners on 3FC who could give you advise about training for a 5k. Or I'm sure Pinterest has a schedule to get you ready for the event too. Any way you decide to go about it, that's great and I admire you for getting started on an exercise plan.

want2bskinnyagain
02-05-2014, 08:42 AM
Good morning everyone! WI day for me, down another 3.8lbs!!! Very happy with that number today!!!

LUCCILOVE
02-05-2014, 08:44 AM
want2bskinnyagain--congrats on the donation!!! Way to go!!!! Keep it up!!!

KookySuki
02-05-2014, 09:19 AM
Good morning everyone! WI day for me, down another 3.8lbs!!! Very happy with that number today!!!

Yay! Congrats!

Slipfree
02-05-2014, 10:05 AM
Excellent WI, Want2b! :woohoo:

Jig
02-05-2014, 11:39 AM
JIG--U are so close!!! We are cheering for you!!! I think it is ok you splurged on the Super Bowl especially since it was your team that was in it and won it. No need to beat yourself up over it. And good for you for getting back on track immediately after.

I know this is a big deal for Seattle. We use to live in Renton, WA for 2.5 years on Lake Washington.

Thanks again Lucci! It's been a long time coming so yes, it's a big deal for Seattle and all of Washington!

A large portion of my mom's side of the family lives in Puyallup and around there.

Congrats on the weigh-in Want2b!

KookySuki
02-05-2014, 11:49 AM
I lost 4 lbs this week, so I basically neutralized what I gained last time. I'm happy to be back closer to Onederland.

Slipfree
02-05-2014, 01:47 PM
Hi,

Kooky glad that you are heading toward Onederland again and back on track :D

Jig, did you go to the Parade?

Made a good lunch today. Chicken burger with dried cilantro and jalapeņo, onion powder, wrapped in iceberg lettuce with a squeeze of lime.

Home again today, with snow, sleet and rain. This winter is brutal! Keep telling myself that spring will be here soon. Going to go to the flower show in Hartford Feb. 20th. How are all of you coping with the weather?

want2bskinnyagain
02-05-2014, 03:37 PM
Kooky: I didn't actually sign up for a 5k. I am on my treadmill working towards running 5k in distance, but my goal is to run that far before April 27th(my 40th birthday). Way to get back on track.

Slip: I was cold all the time before the cold weather! LOL I am drinking alot more tea then I normally would. It has got to get warmer soon, right?

Jig
02-05-2014, 04:59 PM
Slip,

I wish I was there! I live about 3 hours away, though if I didn't have to be at work, I would've been there. Have a pretty important meeting at work today, looking to expand our company a little bit so couldn't miss that. I've been watching the live stream all day though.

Kawaii1002
02-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Had my WI yesterday, down 1.6...so frustrated at my body and my brain.. Emotions have had me snacking on extra stuff that is on plan, but not allowed... I didn't journal last week. Every week I don't journal, crappy numbers...this is ridiculous! Why am I so afraid of getting into the 200's? Just realized that that emotion has been boiling under the surface. I THOUGHT I was excited, but not really... Need to figure this out...

Jig
02-05-2014, 05:56 PM
Kawaii,

Let's focus together the next couple weeks and plunge into the 200's together! I committed myself to start at least a small daily workout every day after work.

Slipfree
02-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Kawaii- I am sorry that you are feeling frustrated and afraid. I think 1.6 is great. A loss is always good. I know that you can do this!

Wine4me
02-05-2014, 08:59 PM
Had my weigh in today and down .6. So slow, but I did mess up during the Super Bowl, so it is my own fault.
My BFF is coming for 3 days this weekend, I am so scared to go off plan. We (together) are big wine drinkers, so it is going to be hard!!! I am going to stock up on mineral waters and zero calorie drinks. She only visits once a years so I will just take it one day at a time.

LUCCILOVE
02-05-2014, 09:12 PM
Kawaii1002-I know how you feel. I felt the same way just as I was going to be under 200. A part of me sort didnt want to and the other part wanted to so mind fought itself. Then I decided - it is going to happen and just let it go. It is a good thing but life changing emotionally. It was all in my head. I have been in the 200s for so long I did not think it was real when I went under. Maybe dont focus on the number _ I know this is easier said then done. It is a shock but in a good way. It is great u still lost at ur WI!!! You can do this!!! We are all here for you - u are not alone. We are all going through the same exact emotions as you are at some point.

Wine4me-I would take it day by day with your friend in town. Enjoy yourself but dont beat yourself up if you go off IP. You are human and it is happens. Just get back on track once she leaves.

Kawaii1002
02-05-2014, 09:44 PM
Jig,

Thanks, I've always kind of aspired to "stay" close to you in losses since we started out so close to begin with. You were the only person that I've met here (or at my center) that had as much weight to lose, so staying on par with you (not competitively) was motivation that I was "keeping up" with my "brother".

Thanks for being there for me. I'm going to do this. I wrote at the top of my food journal "If I didn't write it down, I don't put it in my mouth." That's at the top page of EVERY page of my journal. Weighed myself on the scale tonight, and I'm down another 2lbs from WI yesterday. Obviously, scales vary, but it was kinda crazy to have *me* standing on the scale and it said 312.

Lucci,

I'm going to rededicate myself to being 100% OP. No extra protein (which is where I was going wrong the past couple weeks. An extra slice of Turkey lunch meat, or having an egg, but not tracking it). That's what I had meant about eating things that were allowed, but not on plan. I'm being accountable to myself, and I'm not going to let my emotional state get the best of me. The best way to deal with this is to accept the fear, and move with it, not paralyze myself with it. I am so much better than a stumbling block on the road to getting healthy. I don't have any long term goals at this point, but I've got a short term goal of making the springtime challenge (5.8lbs to meet that goal) and a second short term goal of making it into the 200's. I haven't been there since my freshman year of high school...

And that really was an AWFUL time (when isn't high school heinous). Maybe I'm still carrying some of the emotional baggage from that timeframe. Makes a certain amount of sense to me..

I appreciate all the kind words from everyone. Thank you so much!!! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

want2bskinnyagain
02-05-2014, 10:47 PM
Kawaii: Oh man, your post about not wanting the two hundreds, really hit home. I thought I wanted to be in the 100's but I was a fraid to get there, it had been so long since I had been there, and at the back of my mind was always, what if I stop losing weight. Stupid thoughts I know but they were there. I really had to talk myself into "this is what I want" and "I can't get to goal at this weight". I think weight loss is more mental then anything else, once my head is in the right place the weight comes off. Hang in there, take your journal everywhere, you know that works for you, keep doing. You will get there.

Jig: You sound so determined to get tp the 200's, good for you! With that attitude you will be there in no time. And great job with the exercise.

Wine4me: Take it day by day with your friend, and enjoy the visit.

LUCCILOVE
02-06-2014, 02:33 PM
So I will update you on some random IP stuff. Please let me know if you guys dont want to read about IP updates. I will totally understand. I do not get this info from my clinic - they are slow on this stuff. I am on other IP clinic newsletters etc. Hope this helps people plan accordingly

Discontinued IP Items:
The following ideal protein foods are being discontinued: Strawberry pudding mix, banana pudding mix, lemon pudding mix, spaghetti bolognese mix, vanilla crispy squares, garlic and onion soy nuts, and Ideal Tisane.
----
Limited time! Ready to Serve Cappuccino! Stock up while it is available!
You can now enjoy the rich flavors of our new Ready-to-Serve Cappuccino Drink that’s perfect for any time of the day!
Our Ready-to-serve Cappuccino Drink, available for a limited time only, is a delightful blend of espresso and creamy velvet.
For a touch of luxury, try this flavorful cappuccino drink! It contains 20 grams of protein per serving and can be served hot or cold.
---
New probiotic hits the IP shelves! (30 day supply = $18 at the clinic!)
Flora Health is Ideal Protein’s new probiotic supplement.
It is supplied in bottles of 30 capsules and the suggested use is one capsule daily, which can be taken at any time of the day with or without food.
Each capsule of Flora Health contains three (3) strains of beneficial bacteria (1.5 billion cells) that normally inhabit the intestinal tract including bifidobacterium bifidum, bifidobacterium longum and lactobacillus acidophilus. A healthy “gut flora” is necessary for good digestion, absorption of nutrients and will help promote normal bowel habits.
-----
I never have had this but in case there is one near you--

Among our favorite things: Jimmy John's Unwrap:
We like to order the #4 turkey with no cheese/no mayo - and extra crispy lettuce. Add hot peppers, cucumbers and dijon mustard and enjoy! And they deliver to most neighborhoods. Check out your neighborhood Jimmy John's!

Jig
02-06-2014, 02:40 PM
Cool, thanks Lucci!

I like the cappuccino powdered drink that IP currently has, but for some reason, sometimes when I cook it, the powder turns into almost like a velvety texture which makes it undrinkable to me. Anyone else notice this?

Also we just had a jimmy john's open close to me. Usually if I'm out and about and don't have IP food or veggies with me I get a subway salad but I'll keep this in mind.

LUCCILOVE
02-06-2014, 02:49 PM
I just used the cappuccino powdered drink with the crispy rice to make cookie/muffins. It was really good.

I have Jimmy John's around me never tried them. Might have to one day and same with subway salads - never had them-have had their subs though.

Just tried these today. Taste just like fries. I did use too much oil and had to cook them an extra 10 mins. So yummy

Turnip Fries -(Phase 1-4)

1 Turnip (I did not use a whole one. I measured 2 cups once cut)

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon onion powder

1/2 teaspoon sea salt

1/4 teaspoon paprika

2 tablespoons olive oil (I think this is too much)

Preheat oven to 425°F.

Peel the turnips, and cut into sticks or wedges.

Place into a large bowl, and toss with olive oil to lightly coat. Place seasonings in a resealable plastic bag, and shake to mix.

Place the oiled turnips into the bag, and shake until evenly coated with the spices.

Spread out onto the prepared baking sheet.

Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes, turn over then bake for an additional 10 minutes or until golden brown.

Serve immediately.

(Walden Farms Ketchup Optional)

Slipfree
02-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Hi everyone,

Back at school today, nice to get back into a routine.

Luccilove, thanks for the info. I need to get some of the puddings to use in waffles. I will also try you turnip fries, maybe tonight with my flank steak.

We do not have Jimmy John's around here, that I know of.

LUCCILOVE
02-06-2014, 04:56 PM
Here is a coupon for Walden Farms-- not sure if it is the best deal out there but you never know. I got mine from netrition.com and local grocery stores

http://www.waldenfarms.com/sjf14/

Slipfree
02-06-2014, 07:49 PM
Luccilove, that is a great deal compared to my clinic. Thanks for sharing!

LUCCILOVE
02-06-2014, 09:00 PM
Got the code from a weight watchers magazine. It is a good deal I might order stuff as well. It is a better deal then where I get it online.

Slipfree
02-07-2014, 04:47 PM
Hi everyone,

Hope that all of you are having a great day. Such a weird week with all this snowy weather. I am worn out. Definitely going to watch the Olympics tonight and veg. out in front of the fire.

Whatcha all up to?

Jig
02-07-2014, 05:17 PM
Just trying to stomach down my broccoli with lunch:)

NSV, I have worked out 4 days in a row now! Gotta keep forcing it until it becomes a habit!

Slipfree
02-07-2014, 05:28 PM
Jig, broccoli is not my favorite either! Some say it is great roasted. I have eaten it once since starting IP. Good luck! Congrats on your 4 days of working out :D

stephascope
02-07-2014, 07:16 PM
Soooo glad it's Friday!

Had my weigh in today. Down 1.6 which is just okay since it was 11 days since my last WI. Had TOM this week plus a 5k walk last Sunday that made me put on a lb that I fought to get off for the rest of the week. The scale does not like it when I exercise. So kudos to those of you that find it works for you.

I have 18.6 lbs to go til goal. I could really use a whoosh next week lol! I am really suffering from diet fatigue. I have a planned "cheat" night next weekend due to a special event and it can't come fast enough.

Hope you all have a great weekend and I'm sending IP POWER to all of us.

Slipfree
02-07-2014, 07:43 PM
Hi Steph,

I am feeling a bit of diet fatigue myself. I think it is because I am tired today. I so wanted a glass of wine tonight, but will be having tea instead. I do not even think it is the plan, I think that winter is getting to me. I am bored. I feel this every year at this time because life slows down so much and I am sick of being cold.

A good whoosh would be great! That might improve both of our spirits.

lisa32989
02-07-2014, 07:54 PM
I am feeling a bit of diet fatigue myself. I think it is because I am tired today. I so wanted a glass of wine tonight, but will be having tea instead. I do not even think it is the plan, I think that winter is getting to me. I am bored. I feel this every year at this time because life slows down so much and I am sick of being cold.

A good whoosh would be great! That might improve both of our spirits.

Me too slipfree. Winter, cold, stalls, bored. All good reason for fatigue to set in. Powering thru is for the tough-minded, focused, and committed!

Slipfree
02-07-2014, 08:10 PM
My slowdown is part of my fatigue too, Lisa. But I am committed, I made a pledge to myself to only indulge for joy. Cabin fever and boredom are not joyful :D Hitting goal will be joyful, and then... I will be having a glass of great Pinot Noir! Here's hoping that we will wake up tomorrow refreshed. (With a whoosh on the scale) ;)

Slipfree
02-08-2014, 09:42 AM
Good morning,

Pretty happy today because the Whoosh Fairy has been kind to me. 185.4 for my Sat. WI! :D

stephascope
02-08-2014, 09:52 AM
:lol:Good morning,

Pretty happy today because the Whoosh Fairy has been kind to me. 185.4 for my Sat. WI! :D

Woohoo! Congrats! You definitely deserve it. Send her my way for next week ;) I have a feeling this will be a good week. I am already down .4 since yesterday - wasn't going to step on the scale but couldn't resist after waking up feeling "lighter" this morning. Funny how you just "know" you have lost weight over night. :lol:

KookySuki
02-08-2014, 09:57 AM
Good morning,

Yay!! Congrats! You're doing so great! :dance:

LUCCILOVE
02-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Slipfree--congrats!!! Great job.

anyone watch the Olympics last night? I love them but maybe it was me. I thought they were really boring and slow for opening night ceremony.

Off to do grocery shopping and errands today!!

want2bskinnyagain
02-08-2014, 12:34 PM
Jog: Good job on the workouts, I am finding it hard to get into a routine too. Keep going.

Steph: Diet fatigue sucks! Keep pushing thru, and know that you are not alone, we all go thru it. 18.6 is so close, the countdown to single digits is coming up!!! It is amazing how you "just know" youv lost weight. I wonder if we will get the same feeling when maintaining if we gain? So we can get right back on track, wouldn't that be nice.

Slip: Only indulging for joy is a great way to look at things. I am going to have to remember that for maintaining. Glad the whoosh fairy stopped in, hopefully she visits more often!!

Lucci: I watched some of the olympics last night, I was disapointed in them too, thought they were kind of boring. Looking forward to watching some of the events today.

Slipfree
02-08-2014, 12:44 PM
Hi,

Thanks for all the support. Would not mind that Fairy stopping by on a more regular basis, she was stretching my patience! 10 pounds until my original goal! Too bad my coach changed it :(

As for the Olympics, Russia is part of the curriculum that I teach. I wonder if we are more critical because of our political issues with the past and current government. Very interesting for me to see their interpretation of history, would love to hear a Russian citizen's view of it.

I need to get my behind in gear for errands too, but I am not very motivated today.

All4Me&You&Our3
02-08-2014, 02:07 PM
Hi! Had my weigh-in yesterday - loss 4.2 lbs this week! So exciting! Was worried about starting to add some exercise to my routine but it did not drop my lean mass more than any other week so coach says I can continue on current exercise level (which is not much really)!

Slipfree - we seem to be on track with our weights ��. What did your goal weight change to?

I need to get myself going today also - I'm out of veggies - need to make a trip to grocery store to stock up for the week on my favorites - broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, mushrooms, bell peppers ��

All4Me&You&Our3
02-08-2014, 02:13 PM
Oh - and so excited - calculated my total weight loss goal (93.2) to get to goal of 135. I have only 3.2 lbs to lose to get to my half-way point(181.6)!!! That is so encouraging to me - it will all be downhill from there!!

Slipfree
02-08-2014, 02:30 PM
All4me- congrats on your loss! The coach changed it to 160. The last 5 pounds have taken a long time to drop. I am determined to get to goal and stay there. I have an added incentive to maintain, my niece and God child is getting married in 1.5 years. There is no way that I am going to be fat for the family pictures!

Slipfree
02-08-2014, 07:06 PM
Delicious dinner! Marinated flank steak (low sodium soy,rice vinegar, shallots and garlic) on a bed of arugula dressed with lemon olive oil and baked turnip fries with rosemary and salt. Felt like I ate at a restaurant, off program!

Slipfree
02-09-2014, 10:47 AM
Good morning! I can here the echoes in here. Hope that you are all having a fun weekend. :D

stephascope
02-09-2014, 10:54 AM
Morning Slip,

I'm enjoying my weekend. Went to sleep with a headache though and it still remains this morning. Used to get headaches all the time before IP and I definitely don't miss it! Going to Costco this morning to pick up my meat, veggies, and maybe some alternative bars. I need a lot of variety in my IP packets so I usually pick up 4 boxes at a time but that is getting far too expensive especially with buying their supplements too.

Hope your weekend is great!

KookySuki
02-09-2014, 11:10 AM
Good Morning!

Slipfree- your dinner (as usual) sounds amazing. Can you move to my town and open an IP restaurant? Please? : ). Alternatively, I might be happy if you post the recipe for your steak marinade. I've become a better cook on IP, but I'm not experienced with rice vinegar, so if you could put approximate amounts of each item, I'd appreciate it.

Steph, glad you're having a good weekend, besides the headache. Hope you feel better. That will be good to get your shopping do do this morning before the crowds. I need to do some shopping today too.

I have been feeling rough this weekend with TOM. I've just been resting and binge watching Parks and Rec. Hopefully today will be better than yesterday and I'll feel able to leave the house.

LUCCILOVE
02-09-2014, 11:16 AM
I am around. Going to some open houses today - we need to find a house by next Oct when our lease is up. Fun!

I always have with me in the car water and my garlic chips!!!

Also watching lots of the Olympics. Have a good Sunday everyone!

Slipfree
02-09-2014, 11:17 AM
Steph, hope that your headache gets better. I had a daily headache prior to IP due to sinus issues. Obviously, I was allergic to something I was eating because I am much less congested, I still get my monthly migraine but I know the reason for that!

I am extremely lucky that my clinic lets me order individual packets because I do not like any of them enough to have every day. I feel for those of you that have to buy boxes :(

I need to get my act in gear and get to the grocery store today.

Slipfree
02-09-2014, 11:21 AM
Kooky, next time I make it, I will pay attention to measurements of the soy and rice vinegar. I kind of wing it. Hope you feel better soon!

Luccilove, good luck on the home search! I have been watching the Olympics too. Which is why I did not go to the grocery store or do errands yesterday!

want2bskinnyagain
02-09-2014, 11:50 AM
All4me: Great WI!! Glad to know the exercise wasn't an issue. I was dropping pretty consistantly before I started exercising and then I would have a great week then a couple of slow weeks, not sure if it is the exercise or not. But I am going to keep up the exercise, it makes me feel good.

Steph: Hope your headache goes away soon.

Kooky: Feel better soon.

Lucci: Good luck house hunting. I love doing that.

I have been around, just not having anything to say. Glad everyone is on track.

KookySuki
02-09-2014, 12:09 PM
Slipfree and want2bskinnyagain- thanks! I'm feeling way better than yesterday and I'm going to talk to my doctor about how bad this TOM was. I wish BC pills didn't cause so much weight gain or I would be on them to avoid feeling awful 3-5 days a month. I would love to take them and skip TOM all together. That would be a dream, but I know it would affect my losses. It seems like every bc pill makes me gain 15-30 lbs within months of starting.

Lucci: hope you find a great house! I'm jealous about the garlic chips. My clinic has not gotten them yet. I wish IP would let us order products directly from their website. I'll ask my coach about ordering the chips.

Slipfree
02-09-2014, 12:52 PM
Okay, sometimes life become a bit mundane and certainly this has been a winter that stretches the patience. I think most of us would admit that we love the results of IP, but it does limit parts of our lives.

1. What do you miss the most?

2. What do you find the hardest on the IP protocol.

3. How are you staying motivated?

4. How do you honestly feel right now, at 4. Something months in?

1. What I miss the most is being able to go out or have people in for a glass (or 4, lol) of good wine. I know it is worth it, but it has had an impact socially.

2. The hardest part for me is taking all the darn supplements- hate them! And the slow down on the scale while staying OP, is super frustrating,

3. I read and post here to renew my focus.
I have a visual weight chart to cross off the pounds lost.
I am trying to cook a variety of foods to stave off boredom.
I look for motivation on Pinterest.
I limit talking about IP in my "real life"

4. I am loving the changes in my health and body. But with the slow down, goal is feeling like a long way off. I am really longing for spring and some warmth. It is not the end of IP that I am impatient for, because I have realized that it never ends (maintenance) but I want that goal. I think that I have a case I of winter boredom. I recognize that I used food to get through it in the past. As that is not an option, I have tried to stay busy instead. I am looking forward to starting seedling next month for the garden, redecorated the living room, next- go through and organize my closet.

KookySuki
02-09-2014, 05:06 PM
1. I miss being able to go out to dinner, get take out, or go wine tasting. I love good food and wine, especially together, and it's been a huge challenge to give this up.
2. The hardest thing is the lack of variety and no cheese. Also, I'm tired of having to eat so much meat.
3. I'm struggling with this today, but I motivate myself by imagining myself completing the program and being successful at maintenance.
4. I'm feeling bored with the food selection and frustrated with the restrictions this is putting on my social life. I definitely need to reignite my enthusiasm for the program somehow because I probably have 3-4 more months (if I keep the same pace) on P1.

dlr9774
02-09-2014, 07:15 PM
HELLO I'M HOME!

It's been a while, as you know I have been in Mexico on family vacation. I took my WF syrpe and salad dressings (the individual pacs are fabulous for .85 cents Canadian.)
I did weigh in and gained 3.00lbs while away, Since being home, I have lost that 3 lbs, and have gained a new determination for IP and getting down before the summer.

Glad to be home, NOT, but back to routine, and to reaching my goal and the supports of 3FC and my fellow October 2013 IP starters.

want2bskinnyagain
02-09-2014, 07:52 PM
Dlr: Welcome back! Great job on losing those 3lbs already, and only gaining 3lbs while away!! Any secrets you want to share? I am going to Hawaii in March and scared I will gain 10lbs!

1) I miss cheese and bread the most. And alcohol when we get together with friends.
2)I think the hardest thing for me is getting thru the weeks with a slow loss, my motivation goes out the window with a slow loss.
3)I read/post on here to stay motivated. I read a lot on pinterest. And my DH is on IP and we are about the same weight and I compete(for fun only) with him to get the lower number first.
4)Right now I feel like it is going to take forever to get to goal, but I WILL get there. When I try on clothes that I think are going to be too small and they fit I feel wonderful. I had to try on my bathing suit today and I could tell how much smaller I was in that, and we all know how unforgiving bathing suits are!!!

stephascope
02-09-2014, 08:55 PM
1. What do you miss the most? I miss the convenience of eating out and not worrying about what I was going to eat. This doesn't mean I didn't worry about what I ate afterward though. I usually felt guilty about what I ate because I was overweight and felt bloated/overstuffed.

2. What do you find the hardest on the IP protocol. The cost $. I have lost weight through WW and a low carb diet on my own before but this time I felt I was too far gone to go that route. I needed something that worked fast and held me accountable (coaching).

3. How are you staying motivated? It's been hard to find motivation lately. I feel like I'm slipping a lot these days. 3FC has been great and I'm so thankful all of you are here for support!

4. How do you honestly feel right now, at 4. Something months in? I am feeling more comfortable in my own skin. I'm trying to focus on how far I've come vs. how far I have left to go but it's damn hard!

stephascope
02-09-2014, 08:57 PM
dlr - congrats on getting those 3 lbs off already!

Slipfree
02-09-2014, 10:14 PM
Dlr- welcome back! Great job getting back to IP business.

Think I am going to take Steph's advice and focus on what has been achieved rather than the next 25. I do feel 100% better physically.

Want2be, so cool that DH is doing the program with you. Must be nice to have complete understanding of the program at home. I am going to try on some clothes this week. I am also going to start shedding some more of my clothes in the walk in closet- so that there will be lots of room for my new wardrobe when I hit goal. On Pinterest, I am Lolapuff.

Wine4me
02-10-2014, 03:06 AM
hello IPers! My weekend with BFF is over, I did 80% good on food, but had several glasses of wine, and then a piece of my early birthday cake. (Is really on the 16th.) My hubby got an authentic Black Forest Cake, and it was yummy.
I am back on track now, and felt ok with my choices, as we always can't stop living. My losses are slower but I accept that.

I had a lot of photos taken of me and for the first time in 20 years, I really liked how I looked in the photos!!!!! It felt so good, and I feel so proud of myself.

Have a great week everybody!

KookySuki
02-10-2014, 08:19 AM
Dlr- Welcome back and good job on losing the vacation weight already. I would think it would be difficult to stay on IP in Mexico.

Wine4Me- Sounds like a fun weekend! That's awesome that you were happy with how you look in the photos. It will be a great way for you to remember the weekend. Happy Early Birthday!

want2bskinnyagain
02-10-2014, 11:34 AM
Steph: You are right, we need to take a step back and realize what we have accomplished so far, it really is amazing.

Slipfree: Cleaning out my closet was a great feeling. Great for motivation as well, and too see how far I had come.

Wine4me: I think seeing yourself in photos and liking what you see is a huge NSV. Now you can look at those pics with pride. And Happy Birthday!!!

It is a long weekend here for us, just relaxing today, but I have already got in my exercise!!

LUCCILOVE
02-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Had my WI in today. Only lost a 1lb. I am happy to have lost anything because I cheated a little.

Maybe it is me but I have been having cravings lately that I just want to try cheese, or fried rice etc. So I did not have alot but if I didnt I suppose I would have lost more.

I also feel I have been more tired lately then having lots of energy. Not sure if it is the weather or what?

I also have been getting very hungry and been eating my lettuce which is not something I usually need or do.

want2bskinnyagain
02-10-2014, 05:24 PM
Luccilove: I have been having cravings as well lately. It sucks but part of the transformation I guess. Have you tried cauliflower rice for the fried rice craving? I use a grater to grate the raw cauliflower and then cook for a few minutes in a pan with some olive oil, then add soya sauce. To me if looks and tastes almost like the real thing. Also, every week that I have been hungry I have had a big weight loss so keep eating the lettuce, let's see what happens next week.

Slipfree
02-10-2014, 06:20 PM
The reason I posted the ???s was because I think most of us are in month 4. Something of IP fatigue. We need to find some new motivation and umph! To get us over this stage.

Any ideas? We are not giving in! Goal weight is in all of our futures!!!

Slipfree
02-10-2014, 07:03 PM
Made a fantastic dinner tonight! 6 oz. Of chicken breast coated with 0 Dijon mustard then sprinkled the top with dried shallots, scallions and tarragon. Cook for 30 minutes. Veggies: turnip fries spritzed with spray garlic olive oil, with garlic, pepper salt on top. Roasted fennel pieces sprayed with garlic olive oil and baked. Feel nicely full, which is unusual.

KookySuki
02-10-2014, 11:30 PM
Your dinners always sound so good! I got home late and made a spinach & egg scramble to knock out 2 c of veggies and protein. I didn't do my grocery shopping yesterday and didn't feel like going after work today, so I'm eating eggs...pretty boring, but easy. I'm glad I didn't let my hunger and fatigue lead me to make a bad dinner choice. I do need to get more innovative with my meals and actually make the recipes I pin on Pinterest. I still have 55 lbs or so to lose, so I need to make this more interesting. I am burnt out of steamed veggies and Trader Joes grilled or roasted chicken.

Slipfree
02-10-2014, 11:36 PM
Kooky, the chicken is very low effort and only takes 30 minutes to cook. I did not go to the grocery store this weekend either, so I am having to get creative with my veggies. Hopefully, hitting the store tomorrow. More snow expected on Thursday :(

LUCCILOVE
02-11-2014, 06:48 AM
want2bskinnyagain-thanks for the Fried rice cauliflower recipe. I will try it this week. I tried Rhubarb today. It taste more fruit and sometimes tart but it worked for me.

We are getting a storm this week min 5 inches they say which is unusual for around here so I will do some grocery shopping today.

KookySuki
02-11-2014, 08:25 AM
Slipfree- are dried shallots in the spice section? I've only seen the minced dried onions in that section.

Hope everyone has a good day!

I almost cheated last night, but talked myself out of it and now the scale says 200.6, Hopefully I will be in Onederland for my WI tomorrow (and hit the 40 lbs lost milestone) since the clinic's scale is usually 2 lbs lower than mine.

stephascope
02-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Slipfree- are dried shallots in the spice section? I've only seen the minced dried onions in that section.

I almost cheated last night, but talked myself out of it and now the scale says 201. Hopefully I will be in Onederland for my WI tomorrow since the clinic's scale is usually 2 lbs lower than mine.

I'm glad you talked yourself your of the cheat last night. I had a rough time trying to stay 100% yesterday. One of the doctors ordered pizza for the staff and it was so hard not to have a piece but I didn't, and I was rewarded with a loss on the scale this morning. Woohoo! Have a great day October starters. Hopefully we see less drama in the other threads today. :dizzy:

KookySuki
02-11-2014, 08:42 AM
Steph- Good job on resisting the pizza! I'm sure that was not easy. That is my weakness and what I wanted last night.

We need to remember how much better it feels to resist cheats and be rewarded by the scale than cheating and setting ourselves back. I do not want to be on P1 longer than I have to and I'm sure no one else does.

KookySuki
02-11-2014, 02:41 PM
I had weighed in one day early because I was at the doctor's office where my IP clinic is and I'm officially (barely) in Onederland. I lost 4.6 lbs and now weigh 199. I'm very thankful for the support I've gotten here because the past two months have been TOUGH! After talking with my doctor today about my depression and how this program (when I'm 100% OP) really boosts my mood, I'm going to keep reminding myself that IP and healthy foods are medicines for me. It's critical to my health (both physical and mental) that I stay OP. It's not a coincidence that my depression and anxiety get out of whack when I cheat and knock myself out of ketosis.

Hiker88
02-11-2014, 02:53 PM
I had weighed in one day early because I was at the doctor's office where my IP clinic is and I'm officially (barely) in Onederland. I lost 4.6 lbs and now weigh 199. I'm very thankful for the support I've gotten here because the past two months have been TOUGH! After talking with my doctor today about my depression and how this program (when I'm 100% OP) really boosts my mood, I'm going to keep reminding myself that IP and healthy foods are medicines for me. It's critical to my health (both physical and mental) that I stay OP. It's not a coincidence that my depression and anxiety get out of whack when I cheat and knock myself out of ketosis.

How exciting!! Onederland is an awesome feeling!!! Congrats! That's a huge milestone... take the time to appreciate what you have accomplished and how far you have come!

I'm glad IP is helping your moods.. winter can be hard and being off all the crap certainly helps me feel better this winter!

Ruth Ann
02-11-2014, 03:18 PM

Congrats on Onederland! That is absolutely awesome! :bravo::dancer:

LUCCILOVE
02-11-2014, 03:43 PM
KookySuki--yeah!!!! very exciting. GREAT JOB!! ENJOY

KookySuki
02-11-2014, 04:30 PM
Thank you Hiker88, Ruth Ann, and Luccilove! I'm really excited to hit this and my 40lbs lost milestones. I've been feeling down lately, so this is a great boost and motivator. I will make sure to slow down and think about how far I've come and why I started this journey.

LUCCILOVE
02-11-2014, 04:41 PM
KookySuki-u are not alone. I think we all need to pause during these rough winter months and think about how far we have come in such a short time. It is amazing if you really do think about it. Before we started we were all min. probably 30+ lbs overweight and we have all been shrinking.

We may all have our off days and whine etc but it cant be as bad as it was prior to October 2013.

So proud of everyone here and "meeting" everyone. It really does help me get through IP.

Keep up the great work everyone!!!

We all are reaching for our own Olympic GOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

want2bskinnyagain
02-11-2014, 04:45 PM
Kooky: Welcome to the Onederland club, enjoy!!!

Slipfree: I have been thinking about how to get all of us motivated and interested again. Not sure.

What about everyone posting a quote that keeps them inspired? I personally love the questions about the lifestyle and reading everyone's responses. We could do more of those as well.

I went to work today, barely. I have come down with something, hopefully it passes soon. My brother is coming to visit this weekend and don't want to be sick for that.

Slipfree
02-11-2014, 06:16 PM
Kooky is in Onederland!!!!!! :woohoo: :yay: So happy, :) :D for you!

KookySuki
02-11-2014, 07:16 PM
want2bskinnyagain- Thank you! I think the motivational quotes are good ideas. We could also post our favorite recipes thus far as I know I'm getting bored with what I eat.

Slipfree- Thank you! I'm so happy!

Slipfree
02-11-2014, 07:32 PM
Want2be-I love the motivational quote idea!

Luccilove- that dang medal is ours! Only a matter of time :D

Kooky, dried shallots and scallions, I actually found them at HomeGoods.

BBQ soy chips have arrived at my clinic! Had them tonight, just what I need to get through the munchies that cabin fever brings. Yahoo!

Kawaii and Jig- Miss you :)

IdealProteinNewbie
02-11-2014, 07:36 PM
KookySuki: Welcome to Onderland :D

KookySuki
02-11-2014, 08:37 PM
KookySuki: Welcome to Onderland :D

Thank you so much! I'm very excited! :)

stephascope
02-11-2014, 08:53 PM
So awesome KookySuki! Congrats on getting to Onederland! I hope you stay there forever!

Slipfree
02-11-2014, 10:28 PM
"The body achieves, what the mind believes."

Hiker88
02-11-2014, 10:47 PM
I couldn't figure out how to put my quote in my comment so I put it in my signature.... Liked this one!

KookySuki
02-12-2014, 01:46 AM
So awesome KookySuki! Congrats on getting to Onederland! I hope you stay there forever!

Thank you! I will do everything I can to stay below 200 and hopefully maintain at my goal weight.:)

stephascope
02-12-2014, 08:25 AM
Here's a good quote for those of us who are closet eaters:

What you eat in private you wear in public.

KookySuki
02-12-2014, 08:35 AM
Good Morning!

Steph- I like that quote- definitely applies to my old bad habits.

My quote is: "Never give up on a dream because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway." Earl Nightingale

want2bskinnyagain
02-12-2014, 04:08 PM
So I had a big WI this morning and I have lost 51.4 pounds in total. I have been nervous about the 50lbs, probably because I told myself at the beginning that it would never happen, but somewhere along the way I realized I CAN do this. It is an amazing feeling, only 35ish pounds to go!!! Thanks for all the support along the way, couldn't have done it without you guys!!!

My motivational quote for today: Commitment means staying loyal to what you said you were going to do, long after the mood you said it in has left you.

LUCCILOVE
02-12-2014, 04:16 PM
want2bskinnyagain-way to go!!! excellent!!! that is alot of weight you lost. you should be very proud of yourself! You can do it!!

Slipfree
02-12-2014, 06:55 PM
Hurray Want2be! You must be so proud and grinning ear to ear :D. Not only CAN you do this, you are doing it! :yay:

Slipfree
02-12-2014, 07:32 PM
Made a new dressing tonight, garlic olive oil, rice vinegar, Dijon mustard and a little low sodium soy. Just need something a bit savory on my chicken and arugula.

Slipfree
02-12-2014, 08:17 PM
No school again tomorrow. Mother Nature is sure ticked at someone, Snow day!

KookySuki
02-12-2014, 09:35 PM
want2bskinnyagain- That's great news! Congratulations on your hard work and amazing success! You're getting close to your goal!

KookySuki
02-12-2014, 09:41 PM
Made a new dressing tonight, garlic olive oil, rice vinegar, Dijon mustard and a little low sodium soy. Just need something a bit savory on my chicken and arugula.

Yum! I made baked cod with olive oil, Trader Joes 21 Seasoning Salute, and some garlic/parsley/sea salt seasoning and a mixed greens salad. It's pretty gross (edited). All I cared about tonight was staying OP, eating something healthy, and decompressing from work. Tough and frustrating day, but I'm not going to eat my frustrations. Just need to relax and try to enjoy the evening.

I'm jealous of your time off!

Slipfree
02-12-2014, 10:14 PM
Sorry that your day was frustrating :(. Good job staying OP and cooking a new dish. Hope you find some peace and relaxation.

The days off make teaching very difficult. There is no continuity and the kids are in vacation mode. We will have tomorrow off, school Friday, off Mon. for Pesident's Day, Prof. Dev. For teachers on Tuesday and then only 3 days left for kids to learn! Ugh. Also, I will be in School until late in June with no AC.

I am so tired from being up late watching the Olympics. Love them :D

KookySuki
02-12-2014, 10:18 PM
Sorry that your day was frustrating :(. Good job staying OP and cooking a new dish. Hope you find some peace and relaxation.

The days off make teaching very difficult. There is no continuity and the kids are in vacation mode. We will have tomorrow off, school Friday, off Mon. for Pesident's Day, Prof. Dev. For teachers on Tuesday and then only 3 days left for kids to learn! Ugh. Also, I will be in School until late in June with no AC.

I'm sorry it makes your job more difficult. Hopefully the huge storms will stop where you live. Have a good night and enjoy the Olympics! :)

lisa32989
02-12-2014, 10:23 PM

We've used 7 snow days. Students have actually missed 8 but staff were required to come one of the "too cold" days. We had 6 "built in" to the schedule for additional student attendance days. Kids are now coming this Friday, which was supposed to be PD. If there is any more inclement weather, there will be no Parent/Teacher conferences during the school day & staff will be required to work evenings and those will be student attendance days instead. Plus, they'll have to add days in June. Luckily, so far, they have ways to finagle so we still will be out by May 30 (we started Aug 6 & students started Aug 12).

We also have a "spring recess" day (Good Friday), which they could conceivably cancel so I won't plan on it until I know it is "for sure".

They thought about having us work President's day but changed their minds after announcing we'd have school. Unsure what stopped that.

Since I travel to see students at various sites, I have one student I saw today for the first time in 2 weeks!

All4Me&You&Our3
02-12-2014, 10:38 PM

All4Me&You&Our3
02-12-2014, 10:42 PM

Slipfree
02-12-2014, 10:52 PM
Lisa, it has definitely made for a crazy year. We are also a pilot school for SBAC testing which will eat up at least a week of learning time in March.

Love all of the quotes!

How about a few questions?

1. Name one IP thing/moment that you are grateful for this week.

2. How are you dealing with stress and emotions without food?

3. What is your greatest struggle on IP?

3. How do you think your life will be different at goal?

Wine4me
02-13-2014, 03:44 AM
Back from weigh in and down 1.6! Happy and now only 5 more pounds to goal. This week end will be difficult, my hubby is taking my away for my birthday and it has 5 star food there. I will try and stick to protein and back to the plan as soon as I get back!

KookySuki
02-13-2014, 08:45 AM
Wine4Me- Great job on the WI! You're so close to your goal! Hope you have a nice weekend away...sounds nice. : )

1. Name one IP thing/moment that you are grateful for this week. Getting a lot of support from my IP coach and doctor. They help me put a greater meaning behind the program which really motivates me.

2. How are you dealing with stress and emotions without food? I am talking it out with friends, seeing a therapist, and journaling.

3. What is your greatest struggle on IP? My tendency to emotionally eat is a struggle, but is much less of a struggle when I've been 100% OP for at least 3-4 weeks. The food cravings and temptation to cheat and emotionally eat come back when I eat off plan. Staying OP and being in constant ketosis keeps the cravings at bay.

3. How do you think your life will be different at goal? I'm looking forward to being proud of my body and being able to buy clothing to accentuate my new body. Also, I'm excited to be at a goal weight so that I can exercise to get toned and maintain my weight, rather than exercising to lose which is not as fun. I've already noticed his much better it feels to walk now that I'm over 40 lbs lighter. I can imagine how great it will feel to exercise at my goal weight or when I get closer to it.

Slipfree
02-13-2014, 02:00 PM
"There are no circumstances around you more powerful than the power within you."

I noticed that my thighs do not rub together when I walk this week.

I am putting a voice to my emotions both here and in my life.

The darn slowdown and water retention. Oh, and being cold.

I will not have to worry about my blood pressure. I will be cooler in the summer. Spring clothes shopping will be more fun. I will be more confident in my appearance. I am looking forward to doing more outdoor activities.

literacyqueen
02-13-2014, 02:15 PM
I am very excited about starting ideal protein and all these stories got my pumped up.

Slipfree
02-13-2014, 02:22 PM
Literacyqueen, Welcome! IP is one of the best decisions that I have ever made. The beginning is tough but the results have been worth it.

want2bskinnyagain
02-13-2014, 03:57 PM
Wine4me: Good job on the loss this week. Have a great weekend away.

literacyqueen: Welcome! I agree the first week is tough but once you get past that is gets easier and it is soooo worth it.

Slipfree: I too just noticed yesterday there wasn't as much thigh rub! Put a smile on my face.

I hit my 50lbs lost this week and that is truly because of IP, grateful for that.
I keep telling myself that eating is not going to solve the problems, look where that got me in the first place.
Getting together with friends and watching them eat/drink, that is when I feel deprived. But I keep telling myself that if I don't change my eating I won't change my weight.
4. How do you think your life will be different at goal? I will have more confidence, I will be happier(even thou I didn't realize how unhappy with my weight I was), and I will be able to go into any store I want and find something that fits.

Don't do anything today that will undo all the hard work you did yesterday.

Slipfree
02-13-2014, 10:07 PM
Love your quote, Want2be! So right, honor that hard work!

Wine4me- congrats on being 5 pounds from goal. Hope that you have a wonderful birthday weekend.

It has been a bizarre weather day here. Tons of snow, then rain, then nothing, now thunder and lightening! And... Expecting more snow over night.

KookySuki
02-13-2014, 10:54 PM
Literacyqueen- Welcome and wishing you the best on the program. It's not always easy, especially in the first week, but it works if you follow the protocol. This forum is great for support from others on IP and you can also get a lot of useful information that will help you along the way.

Yay for less thigh rub! I've noticed that too. Hopefully by summer the rub will be gone altogether or not bad because I'm looking forward to wearing cute dresses and bathing suits. At my largest, I wore a lot of maxi dresses, but the thigh rub was awful! Cheers to that not being a problem anymore!

Slipfree- that is weird weather! Maybe the thunderstorms are a sign spring is on the horizon.

I had a much better day today. I think my body is firmly back into ketosis which boosts my mood and my hormones from TOM/weight changes seemed to have calmed down. I love IP, but it's like puberty sometimes with these unexpected hormonal and other bodily changes. Lol

Kawaii1002
02-13-2014, 11:05 PM

Slip,

I'm here! Reading along, but kind of lurking. Trying hard to pull myself out of the darn winter Blahs...

stephascope
02-14-2014, 10:41 AM
I have my WI in 3 hours. I would love to have a long relaxing bath with a book but I'm too worried about absorbing water and it affecting the number on the scale. Is this ridiculous or what? lol I guess a shower will have to do.

LUCCILOVE
02-14-2014, 10:44 AM
I have been lurking as well. Had a big snow day yesterday tried 2 new recipes. I also tried the new pre made dinner packet of beef stroganoff. It was just ok. Will not get it again.

1)Unrestricted pancakes with the crispy rice cereal - very simple and yummy

2)I made Chicken Matzo Ball soup so I took the broth and for me added celery and turnips cut up and took the potato puree and tried to make them like matzo balls they were more like gnocchi and dumplings but it got the job done. So proud of myself for trying this. I did have some real matzo balls but nothing I can do now.

I want to try to make a pita bread and the cauliflower breadsticks - anyone make them before?

New question - when a recipe says we need egg whites can we use the egg whites liquid that comes in a carton? Just wondering. Thanks

I am DONE with snow!!!

Happy Valentines Day!!! i HEART IP friends! xoxoxo

stephascope
02-14-2014, 03:21 PM
Well it happened. The whoosh fairy visited me this week and took away 4 lbs and gave me a dramatic drop in body fat % that took me from the orange to the yellow - if any of you are familiar with IP's BCA protocol. My coach predicted this before the reading and jumped up and clapped her hands. We had a hug and a little cry. Seemed like my body fat % was doomed to be too high forever. My coach was so excited that she was prepared to get me on Phase 2 but I was like, whoa slow down, I'm not even in the acceptable BMI range yet! She said it was up to me what I'd like to do but now that my body fat is in an acceptable range we can phase off any time. I'd like to continue on with Phase 1 until the goal we set but we'll see how it goes. If I start to stall really bad I may phase off a little early. Very exciting stuff today! Thanks for being here for me to share with you all :D

Hiker88
02-14-2014, 03:40 PM
I'm a September starter but have followed you all since the beginning.. love the questions!

Going shopping for a dress I'll be wearing at a wedding in a couple of weeks and it won't be depressing!

I've had a very stressful week and will admit I ate more protein than I should have... I was aware of why I was doing it.. just glad I didn't get carried away and keep eating! To be totally honest, its 3FC's that keep me focused, reading about all of your struggles and successes is very motivating!

I travel on occasion for work and its always a challenge at company diinners not to draw attention to myself when I'm trying to get my dinners IP friendly.

Oh wow, let me count the ways!!!... OK just one.... I love to hike so look forward to some good long walks in the mountains where I don't have to worry about my knees on the way home!

Hiker88
02-14-2014, 03:42 PM
Well it happened. The whoosh fairy visited me this week and took away 4 lbs and gave me a dramatic drop in body fat % that took me from the orange to the yellow - if any of you are familiar with IP's BCA protocol. My coach predicted this before the reading and jumped up and clapped her hands. We had a hug and a little cry. Seemed like my body fat % was doomed to be too high forever. My coach was so excited that she was prepared to get me on Phase 2 but I was like, whoa slow down, I'm not even in the acceptable BMI range yet! She said it was up to me what I'd like to do but now that my body fat is in an acceptable range we can phase off any time. I'd like to continue on with Phase 1 until the goal we set but we'll see how it goes. If I start to stall really bad I may phase off a little early. Very exciting stuff today! Thanks for being here for me to share with you all :D

Steph, Awesome news!! Congrats! It sounds like you are pretty close, very encouraging for me to see your success!

KookySuki
02-14-2014, 03:48 PM

Yay!!! Congratulations! That's fantastic your body fat is now in the healthy range and that you're so close to goal. :woohoo:

Slipfree
02-14-2014, 06:25 PM
:woohoo: Way to go Steph!!!!!! :bravo:

Luccilove, love the adventurous cooking! I use egg whites from the carton all the time.

Hiker88, you are one of us :) glad you like the questions.

want2bskinnyagain
02-14-2014, 06:32 PM
Steph: I love the whoosh fairy!!! Congrats, you must be so proud! I know I am proud of you.:hug:

Happy Valentine's day IP friends!!! Remember chocolate will NOT make you feel better and is not worth it!

stephascope
02-15-2014, 10:49 AM
Thanks for your kind words everyone. I am having an epic fat burning weekend! Stepped on the scale this morning and saw a new set of numbers. 139.8! The only thing I'm doing differently is upping my water by maybe 2-3 glasses a day. It is working like a hot damn. I'm feeling a bit apprehensive about having a cheat night but I know I can get back on the wagon tomorrow and commit 100% until I go to Vegas in March. I am so thankful to my body for giving me this reward. I really needed it. I was losing steam but now I'm motivated to get this done! Have an awesome weekend my October IP friends :)

KookySuki
02-15-2014, 11:02 AM
Thanks for your kind words everyone. I am having an epic fat burning weekend! Stepped on the scale this morning and saw a new set of numbers. 139.8! The only thing I'm doing differently is upping my water by maybe 2-3 glasses a day. It is working like a hot damn. I'm feeling a bit apprehensive about having a cheat night but I know I can get back on the wagon tomorrow and commit 100% until I go to Vegas in March. I am so thankful to my body for giving me this reward. I really needed it. I was losing steam but now I'm motivated to get this done! Have an awesome weekend my October IP friends :)

That's awesome...I love breaking through each 10 lb mark. Of course, each lb or portion of a lb is good, but passing each 10 lb mark is extra exciting. I need to be better about drinking my water. Have a great weekend!

Hawaii69
02-15-2014, 11:11 AM

Congratulations! It is motivating! Every time I see a smaller number its exciting, 159 made me happy! I can relate to the losing steam part but reading that others are feeling the same really helps. Thanks!

stephascope
02-15-2014, 11:17 AM
Kooky - try drinking more water and see what happens. Not sure if that is what is making the big difference with me but it's worth a try!

Hawaii69 - you are soooo close to your goal! That is awesome!

KookySuki
02-15-2014, 11:47 AM
Hope everyone is enjoying the start to the weekend! I'm enjoying my coffee and chocolate IP drink right now. This weekend I plan on selling my size 16 & 18 clothing on eBay and going shopping for some jeans. I had ordered some jeans from Old Navy and they came in yesterday. The size 12 super skinnies were way too tight, so those are going back, but the size 12 bootcut jeans fit. This is exciting for me because I haven't fit into size 12 pants for at least 3-4 years, probably longer.

I'm starting to wear more pants and fewer dresses and leggings. The dresses and leggings make it difficult to sense weight gain and were a big enabler for me as I gained 60 lbs in 4 years. I also used maxi dresses with flowy cardigans on top to hide my weight gain. Cotton skirts with elastic waist bands were also a favorite of mine. Pants and skirts with non-elastic waist bands are always a good measure to tell if you're gaining or losing weight. All of the clothing I wore as I was gaining weight allowed me room to keep gaining without me knowing. It also didn't help I would go long periods without stepping on a scale.

Slipfree
02-15-2014, 02:16 PM
Hi everyone!

So went for WI- down 3 pounds on their scale (3 week official) but same weight from last week. But I lost 4 inches. My blood pressure was 102/64. Had a good convo. with a new to me coach. Then I dragged my behind to the drs. Good news, he took me off my blood pressure med.! Bad news, he too, is concerned about my ankles swelling and retaining fluid. He ordered a battery of blood work including a full thyroid panel. He also wants an echocardiogram. The water retention is not a new problem, I think that they did not take address it before because they blamed it on my weight and BP. I am happy to finally be taken seriously, but I will confess that I am a bit worried.(and a little on the edge of weepy, TOM next week)

Resolutions from meeting with the coach:
No daily weighing for a week
Cut back on celery (higher in sodium than pickles! Who knew?)

Steph, you little fat burning machine, have fun tonight.

Hawaii, finding motivation is definitely the ongoing challenge.

Hiker88
02-15-2014, 06:40 PM
Last week at my card party I thought I made some good choices.. there were sliders there so I just ate a couple of chicken burgers with no bun.... The scale really hasn't moved much this week... I hadn't thought of fillers etc... I think I was out of Ketosis for a few days but live and learn... won't do that again!

I've also had a stressful week at work so that doesn't usually help... I've been drinking a ton today hoping it will help things along but as usual I'm just going to stick to plan and trust in the process. Of course the stress factor went up this afternoon when I got to the grocery store and realized my wallet fell out of my pocket somewhere around Sears... went back but no one had turned it in! Grrrr My sister is coming from out of town and I really need some food!! She's ok cause she's on IP but her husband and girls probably don't want lettuce and chicken breast for the weekend, not to mention I've invited company over for lunch tomorrow! Good thing I have an awesome boarder who is lending me money to get me through the weekend... frustrating but I'm absent minded by nature and I can't change it so I try to just roll with it.. still irritating!!

Hiker88
02-16-2014, 08:57 AM
All is good, I called Sears again just to make sure and sure enough someone had turned in my wallet! Yay!

After drinking more than usual yesterday the scale is down again so I'm thankful for that!

KookySuki
02-16-2014, 10:53 AM
Hiker, that's great news about your wallet and the scale moving! I think I would have a heart attack if I lost my wallet. My life is in there!

stephascope
02-16-2014, 05:20 PM
Slip - So happy to hear you're off your medication! What an accomplishment.

Thank goodness your wallet got turned in Hiker! How scary! I left my purse in a cart at Walmart when I was in a big rush a few years back and some awesome person turned it in for me - nothing was missing. I was very surprised as it was a dodgy part of Calgary.

So, I had a great night in Edmonton for a concert. Back home now and just want to report that the saying is true - nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. Everything I ate off plan wasn't all that good. It's really not worth it. I will just have to keep reminding myself of that.

Slipfree
02-16-2014, 10:03 PM
Hi all,

IP is definitely messing with my TOM- 8 days early. At least I understand feeling weepy. So, I got my blood work back and it looks good. They are scheduling the cardio ultra sound to rule out heart issues. I am frustrated, because I have worked so hard to get off that darn medicine and now I am going to have to take another med. to deal with water retention. I know that I sound like a brat. I am grateful that it was not thyroid, just feeling disappointed today. Dr. said, possibly leaky capillaries and that it is just part of life. Good thing that doing all this hard work is making us cuter too!

Hiker- So glad that you found your wallet and happy that the scale started moving again. Hope that you are having fun with your sister and family.

Steph- glad you had fun! What was the concert?

Kooky- thank you for all the support! Meant the world :D

Went to meet a friend today at an Irish Pub. She is such a good friend that when she saw that I wasn't drinking, she did not drink either. She did eat French onion soup (and man, it looked good) and I just had coffee. Came home and made pork tenderloin.

stephascope
02-16-2014, 10:23 PM
Slip - are just your ankles swollen or are you retaining water all over?

Uhh the concert was of the "metal" persuasion. Not sure I should explain any further lol.

Slipfree
02-16-2014, 10:30 PM
Hi Steph,

Ankles, lower leg, hands, and in my weight on the clinic scale. So I guess all over. The ankles bother me, kankles are so unattractive! Was always told it was caused by high bp, now they are changing their story. But for the past 6 weeks, since the EAS shakes, the ankle swelling has not gone down at all.

Metal persuasion says it all! Lol.

stephascope
02-16-2014, 11:00 PM
Hi Steph,

Ankles, lower leg, hands, and in my weight on the clinic scale. So I guess all over. The ankles bother me, kankles are so unattractive! Was always told it was caused by high bp, now they are changing their story. But for the past 6 weeks, since the EAS shakes, the ankle swelling has not gone down at all.

Metal persuasion says it all! Lol.

Well I sure hope they figure that out right away for you. It's really good to hear your bloodwork is okay.

DH and I looove metal music. We go out to see bands quite often and it's been really tough not being able to have a beer at those concerts! :devil:

Slipfree
02-16-2014, 11:09 PM
I totally understand, I really wanted a beer at the Pub today. Combo of TOM and stress had a drink calling my name.

Wine4me
02-17-2014, 02:22 AM
All is good, I called Sears again just to make sure and sure enough someone had turned in my wallet! Yay!

After drinking more than usual yesterday the scale is down again so I'm thankful for that!

I am so happy for you that your wallet was turned in! Yeah!

Slipfree
02-17-2014, 10:00 AM
Wine4me- how was your birthday getaway?

KookySuki
02-17-2014, 11:50 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Steph- sounds like you had fun at the concert. I love going to see live music (I'm more into indie bands), and need to plan more trips to see shows. I live in a small town that doesn't have many music venues, so I pretty much have to go to the SF Bay Area to see concerts.

Slipfree- I hope the water medicine is helping. Are you feeling any relief? Excellent willpower with not getting a beer or French onion soup (yum)! It's difficult to resist that stuff at a restaurant, but TOM would make it even harder.

I am feeling good about the scale today. It said 196.6. My weigh in last Tuesday was 199. I'm hoping for a nice WI this week to get me firmly entrenched in Onderland.

One of my good friends from Ohio is coming to visit in May, so that gives me more motivation to stay on track, so that I can have a couple of planned off plan days with her.

LUCCILOVE
02-17-2014, 11:55 AM
Hello all. Had My WI. Lost .5 lbs. I will take it. Last week I cheated on my bday and valentines. Happy with this. Need to get back on track.

Had some blood work done and my A1c is 5.8. That is almost normal. Last test it was 6.3. New prob my liver enzymes are high. Asked my coach and said it is temp from diet. Anyone else have this prob?

LUCCILOVE
02-17-2014, 11:57 AM
So I have been trying new recipes using egg whites for binder. Coach said that should count as some protein. Is she right? I feel she is not

Slipfree
02-17-2014, 12:03 PM
Hi Kooky,

Glad your scale is moving! So much fun when people from out of town come to visit. Plus, great motivation. My current motivation is I want to be at goal by June 20th for our trip to Maine. Actually, the trip to Maine is the carrot getting me through this no good winter. :D

Another cold one here, but sunny. Waiting for my new tv to be delivered, was postponed from Sat. because of snow. Kind of messing up my day off, because I do not want it sitting outside.

Not a lot of change in the ankles, but the dr. did say this medicine works slowly and that "we" are not in a rush.

Slipfree
02-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Luccilove,

Can you translate the blood work? What is A1c? Have not heard of liver issues but you may want to post the question to daily chat. Isn't it frustrating improve one thing health wise and another one pops up? Guess it is better than them all being bad :p

Have been told that 2 egg whites are free.

stephascope
02-17-2014, 12:17 PM
Kooky - nice job with the scale! Seeing those numbers go down is the best motivation.

Slip - my mom has horrible swelling problems and has been diagnosed with salicylate acid allergy. It has to do with lacking an enzyme to break it down. Apparently salicylate acid occurs naturally in most fruit/vegetables. She has been doing some research and found that drinking water with baking soda will flush it out. She did that all day yesterday and lost 4 lbs of fluid by this morning. Not saying this could be your problem but it's definitely interesting and she is so happy today.

Lucci - adding some egg whites here and there won't hurt your progress at all.

Slipfree
02-17-2014, 12:49 PM
Steph, really interesting. Just looked up some info. on it. We are certainly eating those vegetables!

Okay, sick of talking about IP!

So... What are your favorite things to do? Hobbies?

I like to travel, decorate, redo furniture, shop, garden, and entertain. I enjoy watching birds outside. Spring and summer are my favorite times of year, so I can be outside in the yard or on the deck. I love magazines, books and fires in the fireplace.

KookySuki
02-17-2014, 01:11 PM
I agree- let's take a break from IP talk!

My hobbies: reading books (mostly contemporary fiction)- just started the book, Game of Thrones, magazines (People, US Weekly, O). I'm a beauty product addict- love my Birchbox subscription and trying new beauty & hair products. I like shopping, mostly online, but I think losing weight will make it more enjoyable to go into the stores and try things on. I love nature and the outdoors- going to the beach, walking the coastal trail here, hiking, and glamping (camping with nice amenities). I love massages and acupuncture for relaxation. I love wine tasting, but that hobby is obviously on hold during P1. I've got a nice collection of wine (for being 32 yrs old) aging and waiting for me. I like music (mostly indie bands, but also classic musicians like Bob Dylan, Velvet Underground, etc).

I'm also interested in yoga and meditation, but haven't practiced it much in the past few years. I'm going to look into yoga classes near where I live. Also, as a reward for hitting my goal, I'm booking myself a retreat with a workshop in August at the Tassajara Zen Center in Big Sur, CA. It's a Buddhist monastery in the mountains that opens to the public spring-early fall. They offer a retreats and workshops and most of all a beautiful, quiet place to relax. There are also baths and hot springs. I'm waiting to hear back from them if my reservation has been accepted for early August.

Slipfree
02-17-2014, 08:43 PM
Hey Kooky, hope you get to attend the retreat.

Dr. scheduled the echocardiogram for Wed. Have any of you had one? How long will it take? Going to have to miss school :(, wish I could have scheduled it myself.

More snow here tomorrow. It is a PD day, I will be driving in the snow. Ugh.

KookySuki
02-17-2014, 10:41 PM
I got a call back today from the Zen Center and they have openings for the retreat I wanted in August and that someone will call me to schedule my lodging and officially do the reservations. Yay! I've wanted to do one of these for so long, but it's never seemed like the right time or they were booked. Here is a link to their website in case anyone is wondering about this place. I can't wait to go! http://www.sfzc.org/tassajara/

I have never had that test done. I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best. I bet your doctor is just being very precautious in having you do this test.

I hope you get some relief from the snow. Hopefully all of the water will make your garden very lush and beautiful this summer.

Slipfree
02-18-2014, 02:53 PM
Hey everyone,

Most bizarre weather here. Snowed all morning. PD was cancelled for the afternoon. Drove home in blizzard, lots of accidents. Then sleet, rain, sleet and now the sun is out!

Hope that you are all doing well. It has been pretty quiet here.

KookySuki
02-18-2014, 11:37 PM
Hi October Newbies! Hope everyone had a good Tuesday. Mine was decent. I'm hoping for a nice WI tomorrow morning. Before my WI, I have to drop off my cat for surgery at the vet to get some bad teeth removed. I'm a little wound up tonight I think because of both of those things. Wish me luck with both! I'll keep you posted.

Slipfree- glad you made it home safely and wishing you a safe trip tomorrow and good luck at the doctor. I'll be thinking of you.

How is everyone doing?

LUCCILOVE
02-18-2014, 11:40 PM
KookySuki-Good luck tom at WI. I am cheering for you. I will also cheer for your cat to feel better. I get crazy when I have to take my dog to the vet for anything. He is my baby and I want him to be around forever!!!

So sick of this snow/cold weather. I think it is making me tired and very hungry!

Slipfree-Good luck at the Dr. I will be thinking of you.

KookySuki
02-18-2014, 11:53 PM
Thanks Lucci! I think I get more nervous for my cat at the vet than I do for myself at the doctor. Here's hoping for an easy procedure and healthier, happier kitty.

This winter sounds brutal for the east coast! I hope you get relief from the snow and cold temps soon. Hope the hunger is just temporary too. I go through phases with that. I'm better when I have more things prepared, so that I eat something every few hours.

LUCCILOVE
02-19-2014, 12:18 AM
KookySuki - totally agree. way more nervous for me at the vet.

You are totally right. When I prep more have stuff ready I dont think about the food as much but I have not done that recently. Maybe tom. I will.

I tried the new BBQ chips - YUMMY!!! I got 3 boxes of them. Nice to have a new product

jemma51
02-19-2014, 10:37 AM
Good Morning to all the Oct. newbies,
I've been MIA and fell off the wagon. I look all all of your losses and wish I would have stuck to it because I'd be at goal by now. I'm ready to restart and stick to it now. I want to beat myself up for stopping but what good does that do. I gotta do this.

Slipfree
02-19-2014, 11:34 AM
Yay :yay: Jemma is back! Defeat is not starting again. Time to focus and get on your way. Your scale will be moving in no time! So happy to see you :D

Kooky, good luck with both the WI and the vet. Will be thinking of Suki.

Luccilove, this winter just plain stinks! So sorry that you are feeling hungry. I have increased my water and herbal tea while stuck in the house just to have something. I love the BBQ chips, they have been such a help on these snow days!

So... ankle update, have been on this med. since Sat. and I see no change!!
Appt. is this afternoon for the electrocardiogram. I am trying to just relax, but it is not working very well. Not worried about the results, hate being so exposed at the Drs. Office.

On a good note, I am on day two of the "no weighing every day resolution" it is hard!

Made a pretty good dinner last night- chicken, shrimp, zucchini noodles, mushrooms, spinach, cilantro, ginger, LS chicken broth, garlic, olive oil, dried shallots- at end tiny bit of LS soy sauce.

KookySuki
02-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Jemma- Welcome back! You're right not to beat yourself up. Just get back OP and start seeing results. We're here to support you.

Slipfree- I'm thinking about your tests and hope everything is ok. Keep us posted. On a lighter note, your dinner from last night sounds delicious. What kind of instrument do you use to make zucchini noodles?

I had my WI today and lost 2.8 lbs. My coach and I discussed the months ahead and getting to goal. My resolutions are (with you all as my witnesses): drink at least 64 oz of water a day, stay 100 % OP, and exercise at least 3 days per week. Please feel free to check up on me. I am feeling the need to complete P1 by sometime in May, but that will require serious dedication. I'm ready for it.

Haven't heard anything about my cat and the vet tech said "no news is good news," so I'm assuming the procedure is going well. Please keep my baby kitty in your thoughts and prayers.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

want2bskinnyagain
02-19-2014, 03:45 PM
My brother and family left this morning so I am back on track. WI today, with a cold, TOM and bad eating I am up 5lbs. :?: Beating myself up a little this morning but I am going to let it go and get back on track. I know those 5lbs are mostly water and will be gone soon. We have friends coming to visit on Friday for a few days and I am determined to stay on track while they are here. I have to figure out IP life when we have visitors, which is not often, but still haven't got it.

So back to my brother and sister in law...I was alot disapppointed they never even mentioned my weightloss. I have told my SIL that I was losing weight before they came and then mentioned it while they are here and neither one of them said anything about how I look or if I was still losing. I am not losing weight for them but mentioning it would have been nice. Oh well. I figure the next time I will see them will be in August for my nephews wedding and I will be at goal by then. Definately insentive to keep going, and get to goal by summer!!!

Slipfree
02-19-2014, 04:06 PM
Hi,

Procedure over! Took almost an hour, will not know anything for a few days. I was pretty stress out, and my bp was only 117/74, that made me happy :D

Kooky, :woohoo: great WI!

Want2be- surprised that they did not say anything. Maybe they were being tactful, because I am sure that they noticed! Glad that you are getting back on track and have the wedding as a great motivation.

Hiker88
02-19-2014, 06:57 PM
So back to my brother and sister in law...I was alot disapppointed they never even mentioned my weightloss. I have told my SIL that I was losing weight before they came and then mentioned it while they are here and neither one of them said anything about how I look or if I was still losing. I am not losing weight for them but mentioning it would have been nice. Oh well. I figure the next time I will see them will be in August for my nephews wedding and I will be at goal by then. Definately insentive to keep going, and get to goal by summer!!!

want2be, I've had similar experiences... it turns out some people don't think its polite to talk about your weight loss... even if you mention it yourself!! Some people will go on and on and some people won't say much... its not that they aren't noticing, because they are!! Especially with your stats!!

IdealProteinNewbie
02-19-2014, 07:55 PM
SlipFree: Fingers crossed for good results!

Kooky: Awesome WI! I love this for zucchini noodles...super quick and cheap!

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/OXO-Good-Grips-reg-Julienne-Peeler/1012949731?Keyword=julienne+peeler

Slipfree
02-19-2014, 08:16 PM
IPN: thanks! And Kooky that peeler is what I use too.
Bought mine on Amazon.

Dinner: egg frittata with tarragon, dried shallots and chives
Grilled asparagus and side salad of Boston lettuce and dukes

What have you been eating for dinner?

LUCCILOVE
02-19-2014, 08:19 PM
I had 8oz lean ground beef with Mexican/taco seasoning over cukes and lettuce with some tomatoes and mushrooms

Kooky congrats on the WI!!!

stephascope
02-19-2014, 08:23 PM
Welcome back Jemma. You will catch up in no time!

LUCCILOVE
02-19-2014, 08:29 PM
Here is a new recipe I think I will try this week. It looks good. Not sure on the serving size.

Ideal Protein Approved Brownies

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/cb/16/b8/cb16b856b63840cb9f332f06c927cc88.jpg

KookySuki
02-19-2014, 09:16 PM
want2bskinnyagain- I'm surprised the family didn't say anything, but I agree with others that they probably didn't know the right thing to say to mention your weight loss.

Slipfree- I'm glad you're BP was good even under the stress of having that test performed. I hope you get quick and healthy results.

Thanks for the advice on the peeler and the congrats! You all have been such a great support for me this whole time. I'm so glad I stumbled upon this website and started interacting with the people on here instead of lurking. There's nothing wrong with lurking, but I've gotten a lot out of chatting with the IP'ers on this site.

My cat is home and the surgery went well. He had to have almost all of his remaining teeth removed except for his fangs. The vet believes this will stop his gum infections and make him feel so much better. The vet also removed a little growth he had under his eye for mostly cosmetic reasons. He has a surgical collar on right now and has to wear it for a week. That's going to be tough for both of us. I'm not going to think about that right now. I'm just glad he's home and the surgery went well.

I'm going to make some roasted chicken breasts with mixed herbs and a green salad.

Slipfree
02-19-2014, 09:40 PM
Kooky, glad Suki is doing well :D Hope his recovery is painless for both of you.

KookySuki
02-19-2014, 11:13 PM
Kooky, glad Suki is doing well :D Hope his recovery is painless for both of you.

Thanks! He's hiding under my bed right now. Hopefully he will come out soon so that I can give him his pain meds.

Slipfree
02-20-2014, 07:46 AM
Good morning everyone,

School delay here due to icing, means I get to enjoy my coffee at home.

Made it through another day without getting on the scale, and I have to say it is better for my soul. Not seeing the stuck scale everyday, has allowed me to believe that as long as I stay OP, the weight is coming off. The power of positive thinking, I guess. Have also increased my water by another 24 ounces each day. Trying very hard to let go of the things that I have no control over.

Looking forward to this weekend, going to the Hartford Garden Show (I need some spring) and out to a great restaurant. Temperatures will be in the upper 40s.

KookySuki
02-20-2014, 09:34 AM
Good Morning!

Still trying to be a good nurse to my cat, but I had to pull him out from under the bed this morning to give him his pain meds. His cone thingy came off in the process, so hopefully I can get that back on him soon. I was able to give him his pain meds, but afterwards he got himself deeper under my bed. I hope he starts feeling better and will come out later.

Slipfree- I'm glad you've been able to stay away from the scale. I agree with you that as long as you stay OP, the weight will come off. I am working on my water intake too. For some reason, I struggle to get the 64 oz in. The garden show sounds like a nice break from the snow.

want2bskinnyagain
02-20-2014, 09:50 AM
Slipfree: Great job not peeking at the scale, just remember that it will be a surprise for WI day!! Have fun at the garden show, sounds like fun.

Kooky: Hopefully you and your cat can come to terms and he starts to feel better soon.

It feels good to be back and getting closer to my goal again. Only 3.5 weeks until I leave for Hawaii. Getting excited but nervous about the food choices as well. Have a great IP day!!

Jig
02-20-2014, 04:36 PM

I'm back. I went over to my family's beach house in the San Juan Islands for a salmon fishing trip with my dad and grandpa. Grandpa ended up getting the flu and couldn't make it so it was just my parents and myself. Was supposed to be gone just fri-mon for the 4 day weekend but tons of snowfall on the mountain pass between there and home prevented me from getting home. Waited an extra two days to see if it would clear up, it didn't. Ended up having to make a major detour. 4.5 hr drive turned into about 8.5 hrs. Stopped in Portland though to see my brother and sister in law, which was nice. Ended up running out of IP food while I was over there though. It's amazing how quickly lbs pack back on when you come off the diet, even for a day or two. Back to the grind!

LUCCILOVE
02-20-2014, 04:39 PM
JIG-YA!! Welcome back. That sounded like a fun vacation minus the detours. At least you got to hang out with your family - that is nice.

Slipfree
02-20-2014, 07:25 PM
Hi everyone, great news the tests came back with a "perfect" heart. So relieved! Still have the kankles, but I am just overjoyed right now.

LUCCILOVE
02-20-2014, 07:53 PM
Slipfree--- congrats. U must be relieved about ur tests. U can take a big sigh.

Kooky--glad to hear ur cat is doing good. Today is national love your pet day

Hiker88
02-20-2014, 08:33 PM
Kooky--glad to hear ur cat is doing good. Today is national love your pet day

In that case I changed my avatar to show my baby! Hope your all having a great OP day!

stephascope
02-20-2014, 09:20 PM
Good to hear your ticker is a-ok Slip.

Very proud to be a Canadian today after all the Olympic medal action. Wearing my official team Canada hoodie today. <3

Hiker88
02-20-2014, 09:22 PM
Good to hear your ticker is a-ok Slip.

Very proud to be a Canadian today after all the Olympic medal action. Wearing my official team Canada hoodie today. <3

Wow, quite a game!

Slipfree
02-20-2014, 09:46 PM
It was an amazing game! Congrats my Canadian friends :D

LUCCILOVE
02-20-2014, 10:21 PM
Hiker88-Great idea. Here is my baby - Lucci (aka LucciLove). Hard to find a good photo for the avatar.

Congrats to all my Canadian friends on the gold medal for hockey. GREAT game!!!!

Kawaii1002
02-20-2014, 10:24 PM
Wahooo to everyone that's been doing great!

Slip, Congrats on the "normal" heart! Soo glad that you're doing well!!! I've missed spending "time" with everyone here, but I'm going to make it a point to make ME time. Even if I'm checking in once at night before bed.

I've been reading, and lurking. I've had quite a few drastic upheavals in my life in the past few weeks, (most of them not the good kind), but I'm finally at a place where I've been able to put the negative to rest and I'm going to focus on all the positive things that I have going on in my life.

I hope that everyone is doing well, I'm here for the long haul.. promise! In other news, I donated another 7.6 this week (HUGE week)..

KookySuki
02-20-2014, 11:13 PM
Love the pet photos! You've got some cute pups! I'm trying to nurse my kitty back to health and wish I could work from home for a couple of days to keep an eye on him, but I can't. He seems to be doing ok...just really doped up on pain meds and doesn't like the cone shaped collar.

I'm exhausted and can't wait for the weekend. These short weeks seem to make me more tired than regular ones because my customers/clients get really aggressive to fit five days of work into a four day week.

Kawaii...congrats on the big loss this week! Glad you're experiencing positives and not just difficulties. Good to see you posting again. : )

want2bskinnyagain
02-21-2014, 09:46 AM
Jig: I hate winter driving, glad you made it home.

Slipfree: So glad your heart is not the problem.

Kawaii: 7.6lbs is a HUGE week, congrats! Keep checking in, we need you just like you need us.

Kooky: The short weeks always seem to be when I am more tired too. But is's Friday!!!!

We are getting more visitors today for 2 nights. I have the food all planned out so I should be good to go. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Hiker88
02-21-2014, 10:26 AM
LUCCILOVE cute baby!

I'm trying to slow things down a bit... besides fighting these never ending flu symptoms I think its just easier to stay OP when you don't have a million things going on. I was supposed to go to a neighboring city to shop for a dress this weekend but I will have to see what they have here in my home town... I leave in one week for the wedding so hoping for a whoosh!

Slipfree
02-21-2014, 06:41 PM
Hi all,

Thank you for your support this week :hug: it has felt so long. With all the worry gone, I am feeling exhausted and filled with relief.

Hiker- so sorry to hear that your flu has not gone away. Have you been back to the dr.? Hope that you find a dress that makes you feel gorgeous.

Loving the pictures of your furry family members, lost my Puff, 2 yrs ago and I still miss her every day.

So nice to see Kawaii and Jig back again. I missed both of you :)

How about some more motivational quotes?

stephascope
02-21-2014, 08:43 PM
I'm a little late with the pic of my dog but there it is. How's this for a motivational quote:

If you eat what you've always eaten, you'll weigh what you've always weighed.

Have to remind myself of this daily when I want to binge on crap food. I can't understand why I want donuts so bad. That's something I never would have chosen prior to IP...

Hiker88
02-21-2014, 09:12 PM
I'm a little late with the pic of my dog but there it is. How's this for a motivational quote:

Have to remind myself of this daily when I want to binge on crap food. I can't understand why I want donuts so bad. That's something I never would have chosen prior to IP...

Awe... love Dachshunds! Very cute!

Slipfree
02-21-2014, 09:26 PM
"The body will achieve what the mind believes."

want2bskinnyagain
02-21-2014, 11:17 PM
When you feel like quitting, think about why you started. This is a good one for me. When I want to cheat I think about how I felt before I started IP and then ask myself if I want to go back there. Of course the answere is always no! So I know I have made progress.

You can either have excuses or you can have results...but you can't have both.

Slipfree
02-22-2014, 06:40 AM
Good Morning,

Weigh In today and I am down 4 pounds! Perseverance and staying off the scale paid off :). Heading to the Garden show today and the temp. outside are supposed to be 49 degrees. It is looks like it is going to be a great day.

Enjoy your Sat.

LUCCILOVE
02-22-2014, 06:45 AM
Slipfree--Congrats - that is great. I need to stay off the scale as well. I drive myself and hubby crazy with that.

Have fun at the garden show. Suppose to be 50-60 this weekend in DC!!! Going to the travel show - love to travel it is my hobby and then Sunday meet up with a friend who is visiting for brunch!!!

Just got an email that salt and vinegar soy crisp chips are coming soon. Not sure when though.

Have a nice weekend everyone!!!

KookySuki
02-22-2014, 09:31 AM
Good Morning,

Weigh In today and I am down 4 pounds! Perseverance and staying off the scale paid off :). Heading to the Garden show today and the temp. outside are supposed to be 49 degrees. It is looks like it is going to be a great day.

Enjoy your Sat.

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you! :woohoo:

You are strong and patient to have stayed OP when the scale wasn't moving and to go to the doctor to get to the root cause. Hope the scale continues to move for you. I have faith that it will.

Have a wonderful time at the garden show!

KookySuki
02-22-2014, 09:43 AM
Good Morning! Hope everyone is having a nice weekend so far.

Lucci and Slipfree- I'm glad you're getting some warmer weather and a break from the snow. I hope it stays.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do this weekend. My goals are to get out and walk, plan my meals/go grocery shopping, clean, and maybe go visit my friend in Santa Cruz tomorrow. I got acupuncture last night, so I'm feeling more balanced after a stressful week. My cat is feeling better and the vet said his collar could come off, so he's much happier. He seems to be getting back to his normal self.

My motivational quote is:
"Be happy with what you have while working for what you want" - Helen Keller

I can definitely relate to this after being on IP for four months and being happy and grateful with my results so far, but still working toward my ultimate goal.

stephascope
02-22-2014, 10:14 AM
Slip - what an awesome WI! Love it when you get a whoosh like that. I had that last week but now my body seems to be revolting. Doesn't want to give up any weight despite being 100% OP. Really tempted to go out early AM tomorrow to watch the gold medal hockey game at a pub and have a greasy, carb laden breakfast! The only thing deterring me is the fact the game starts at 5am.

Lucci - my coach emailed me this week saying she was putting a box of Salt and Vinegar Crisps aside for me and when I went to WI yesterday there weren't any left! She gave me two free bags from an open box but I was a bit peeved she didn't have my box for me like she said she would. They are REALLY tastey. She said to stop by Monday and she would have more...

Kooky - sounds like you're in a much better state of mind these days. I am enjoying your positive posts.

Hiker - I love dachshunds too! lol. They can be so bad though! This is an old pic - almost 8 years ago when she was still a puppy. I love this pic because it was taken after I got married and was at about 138 lbs. I'm not far away from that now and am looking forward to getting beyond that point.

stephascope
02-22-2014, 10:26 AM
Question for all of you:

I am getting a lot of compliments, especially from my eyelash clients who see me every 3-4 weeks. They are saying things like "you are so teeny tiny now" and one woman yesterday said I must have reached my goal because I look fabulous. I am grateful for the compliments but I am still 14-15 lbs away from my goal and these comments are making me question whether my goal is unreasonable or attainable. It doesn't help that my coach was prepared to phase me off last week after seeing a big drop in my body fat % to a normal range. I am still not in the normal BMI range and my pant size should be smaller in my opinion. I almost wish no one would say anything at all because I fear that my brain is sending messages to my body that it is DONE and I don't feel like I'm done yet. It's really causing me to struggle too. Even though I'm back in ketosis after last week's "cheat night" I am still feeling like binge eating garbage food daily and have felt that way for weeks.

I have 4 more lash clients this weekend and I am almost dreading hearing any compliments because it is really messing with my head!

What do you all think about this? Do you think people's compliments are counter-productive and can send our bodies mixed messages and actually start to stall our weight loss?

IdealProteinNewbie
02-22-2014, 10:37 AM
Question for all of you:

I am getting a lot of compliments, especially from my eyelash clients who see me every 3-4 weeks. They are saying things like "you are so teeny tiny now" and one woman yesterday said I must have reached my goal because I look fabulous. I am grateful for the compliments but I am still 14-15 lbs away from my goal and these comments are making me question whether my goal is unreasonable or attainable. It doesn't help that my coach was prepared to phase me off last week after seeing a big drop in my body fat % to a normal range. I am still not in the normal BMI range and my pant size should be smaller in my opinion. I almost wish no one would say anything at all because I fear that my brain is sending messages to my body that it is DONE and I don't feel like I'm done yet. It's really causing me to struggle too. Even though I'm back in ketosis after last week's "cheat night" I am still feeling like binge eating garbage food daily and have felt that way for weeks.

I have 4 more lash clients this weekend and I am almost dreading hearing any compliments because it is really messing with my head!

What do you all think about this? Do you think people's compliments are counter-productive and can send our bodies mixed messages and actually start to stall our weight loss?

Congrats, you've done amazing so far!

With that said, it's YOUR goal. Whenever you are happy (I think it's best done when going by your clothing size, not necessarily the number on the scale) is when you should phase off.

For another perspective...I get that all the time too, but I am definitely far from my goal. I think they are just not used to seeing you this size. My friends/family and people I haven't seen for awhile always say what you've been hearing lately, but I guarantee if I walk down the street strangers would say "that girl needs to lose weight."

It's difficult with people you've known vs. people who have never seen you at your thinnest.

Sorry for the rambling, hope it makes sense!

Slipfree
02-22-2014, 10:48 AM
Steph, that hockey game would have been fun, but 5:00 am at a pub would have called for mimosas (for me) and that is a whole other NOP (not OP)moment. Lol! Had a moment at mt clinic when I realized that they did not have brownies this week. Ruined my day :(. I like the brownie on Sat. and Sunday morning with coffee, it is just more substantial and filling.

Luccilove, we are so funny, but living through this Arctic winter has made my heart leap joyfully for a bit of sun and warmth. I am looking forward to the Salt and vinegar crisps. Have fun at the travel show. We share that love. My favorite places to travel are Ireland and Italy.

Kooky- so glad that Suki has been freed from the cone and that he is relaxing. Have never had acupuncture, but have been tempted to find a reflexologist to help with the kankles. Your weekend sounds productive, planning is the key to IP.

I do get sick of going to the grocery store! Need to stop on my way home tonight for veggies and meat. Used to shop for a couple of weeks at a time but now, I like my produce fresher. Looking forward to having my veggie garden this summer.

KookySuki
02-22-2014, 10:51 AM
Steph- Thanks for noticing that I'm feeling better. I'm taking better care of myself and have been back 100% OP for 3 weeks or so. I find that when I cheat and go off plan, it messes with my mood because I get upset with myself and because ketosis is a natural mood booster. I'm feeling so much better. I'm also seeing a therapist to work through some things that were getting me down which is helping me.

As far as your last post, I can definitely identify with feeling more cravings and urges to binge when I've been off plan even just for one day. Those cravings seem to take about 1-2 weeks of being OP to go away.

As far as people's comments/compliments about your weight, it is confusing about how to take them. I think most people are truly happy for you and mean well and don't know any better that we still have more weight to lose. Only you can know what is best for you. I would stay OP and wait for the scale to keep moving you towards your healthy BMI goal. Staying OP and in ketosis will help get rid of those cravings. Trust me...I know from experience.

I'm sorry the compliments are messing with your head. That happens to me sometimes, especially when people question that I need to lose 50 more lbs. I hate the "where's it going to come from comment?" I hope you find a resolution to the conflicts going on about your goal and the cravings. You've done a fabulous job so far and look great. I say keep going because it sounds like that's what you want to do.

I think the only thing that stalls our weight loss on IP is our own behavior. Comments from others, stress, emotions, etc, can steer us off track, but ultimately if we follow the protocol, the weight will come off.

KookySuki
02-22-2014, 11:00 AM
Congrats, you've done amazing so far!

With that said, it's YOUR goal. Whenever you are happy (I think it's best done when going by your clothing size, not necessarily the number on the scale) is when you should phase off.

For another perspective...I get that all the time too, but I am definitely far from my goal. I think they are just not used to seeing you this size. My friends/family and people I haven't seen for awhile always say what you've been hearing lately, but I guarantee if I walk down the street strangers would say "that girl needs to lose weight."

It's difficult with people you've known vs. people who have never seen you at your thinnest.

Sorry for the rambling, hope it makes sense!

I agree...this happens to me too. I'm now trying to either ignore the "compliments" I don't like and use the ones I do like as motivation. A simple "you look great" or "I'm so proud of you" is nice to hear. I moved to CA 4.5 years ago at 180 lbs, so no one hear has seen me at a lower weight. I've still got over 15 lbs to get to 180, but I'm ok with that. Friends/family from OH where I grew up seem to understand better that I'm trying to get back to the healthy weight at which they have seen me in the past. Regardless, I am doing this for myself and have built up a thicker skin to the comments/opinions of others since losing weight. For awhile I felt vulnerable getting more attention and upset by how shallow people can be, but now it's all about feeling good and being happy when I look in the mirror. :D

stephascope
02-22-2014, 11:14 AM
Thanks for all your feedback everyone. I think I am just getting stressed with the busy schedule I have. I work 4-5 days/week as an orthodontic assistant and I also run my own business out of my house doing eyelash extensions. This week is one of my busy weeks. I am also starting to go back to school part time (1 course, 2 nights per week) starting Tuesday. I have a work trip to Las Vegas March 12-16 which is going to derail IP. I think this is making me the most anxious because there's no way I'm trying to stay 100% in Las Vegas but at the same time, I will put weight on from that trip and it means another 2 weeks of Phase 1 to catch up. I'm wondering now if I should have put off my going back to school until I was done with IP. The cost of IP is starting to grate on me too. I know I could switch to alternatives but the accountability of the coaching is valuable. Ugh! Thanks for letting me vent :(

Slipfree
02-22-2014, 11:22 AM
Steph and IPN,

So funny that this has come up,because it has been happening a lot this week. I agree Steph, it does mess with my perception of where I am in this journey.

My friend that originally did IP (she is a crossfit competitor and PE teacher) asked me if I was almost done. I said no , that I still had 20 pounds till goal. She said, really?!! I then pulled out my BMI line and she said that that was a terrible way off determining body health. She is a pretty good friend, so I grabbed my thigh and said believe me, I can still afford to lose some weight. She said to be careful because the clinic wanted my $$$.

I have been looking around at other people's body and frame. People do not say that most of them are getting too thin, so I agree with IPN. They must be comparing it to how we looked previously. I also, remember feeling fat at this weight when I was younger. I was this weight the summer after college and felt obese! So how can I be getting too thin now?

My goal is to take weight out of my mental equation. My original goal was BP and getting off Meds., done. Now, my goal is that when someone describes me, weight will not be part of the descriptors. I want to be an average weight and be viewed as healthy. If the "golden moment" idea is true with low carb diets and that the first time is the most successful, then I want this to be my last time. The other part is, I realize that other than more fruits and veggies and a little more freedom in how I cook, my life can not go back to what it was before ever.

That being said, I lay in bed this morning stunned that I am six pounds from my original goal. When I started IP, I never dreamed that I would feel so free after 4.5 months. It almost brought me to tears. To have the feeling,that I am well on my way to vanquishing my lifelong nemesis is very powerful.

want2bskinnyagain
02-22-2014, 12:42 PM
Slipfree: Down 4 is awesome!! A nice reward for not stepping on the scale during the week.

Lucci: A travel show? I would love that, enjoy!

Kooky: Glad your cat is feeling better. That is a great quote, I think I forget sometimes how far I have come and how much better I look and feel.

Steph: I think those messages can start to mess with our minds. We have all been good for so long that we want a break from good eating and to relax a little, so our mind jumps on board with that, IMO. If you want to lose more weight I think you should lose more weight. I don't think others opinions of us should alter our goals. I personally will not be happy until I see a certain number on the scale. I think if you are not going to be happy with the number on the scale when you go into maintenance, it will be harder to maintain because that is not the number you wanted. We need to be happy and proud of what we have accomplished and how we feel about our bodies. Just my opinion, not intended to sound harsh at all.

I think it is awesome some of you are so close to goal. I still have 40ish pounds to go and some days it feels like it will take forever to get there, but I will get there.

Thru this journey I have realized a couple of things 1)that losing weight is hard, no matter how much weight you have to lose. 2) I can and will get to goal, this is the first time EVER that I can say that on a diet. 3) IP is strict but I have the desire/willpower to make it work. 4) I believe I have the tools to maintain and if I gain a little I know what to do to get back to goal, quickly.

What have you learned on IP?

Kawaii1002
02-22-2014, 12:50 PM

Steph: You have an adorable Wiener dog!!!!! I <3 daschunds! My mom was a breeder for quite a while, and we were involved with dog shows.. not the standard ones, but mini's. They're great dogs!

Kawaii1002
02-22-2014, 01:01 PM
Steph, that hockey game would have been fun, but 5:00 am at a pub would have called for mimosas (for me) and that is a whole other NOP (not OP)moment. Lol! Had a moment at mt clinic when I realized that they did not have brownies this week. Ruined my day :(. I like the brownie on Sat. and Sunday morning with coffee, it is just more substantial and filling.

Slip, I'm so right there with you! I was like WHAT?!?! No Brownies?!?!?!?! Totally blew my week out of the water. I've become such a creature of habit. I tried to do the brownie for breakfasts, but I just couldn't do it. I ended up being ravenously hungry midmorning. Not sure if it was because the brownie is so sweet, or if it was just a mental thing. My go to breakfast of choice is the packet chocolate drink made up with 8oz water, them microwaved for three minutes. Mix with 12oz coffee, and I'm good to go. No cream, milk, or sweetener. Lunch is where I do the switch up.. although it's become mostly chicken a la king or herb & cheese eggs. then my snack is either bbq crisps, garlic crisps, or brownies. Been on a big chocolate kick lately.