Old 01-31-2014, 01:13 PM   #1  

Default WW and diabetes

Hi,

Are any of you doing weight watchers and also have diabetes? If so how do you do them both? I am having a hard time figuring it out. It seems easy but in reality it is not for me.

Any tips would be most appreciated. Maybe I have a mental block in figuring this out.

A meeting leader seemed unwilling to help me do them both and said asked the doctor so that was a bummer.

Thanks,
Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:47 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Plans for both really recommend the same thing if you look at the "big picture"
-Lean protein
-Plenty of non-starchy vegetables
-Limited sugar

The difference would be that while WW has 0 point fruit, I would venture to say you should see what your doctor suggests and stick with that number of servings per day.

Also, you may want to limit your carbs according to your doctor. Many people on WW naturally do this because it's built into the plan (high carb foods have higher point values), but you may have an added complication of timing or how much you can have at one time.

In general, you'd want to follow your doctor's advise on what to limit or increase, and count your points after.
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:27 AM   #3  

Dear Munchy,

Thank you so much.

I think I will start with planning 3 full days of meals that work with both and eat that food while I make more daily plans.

My doc really leaves diet to the dietician and she is arboretum that only seems to have a standard plan for everyone. She is not a very creative person.

Ww a lone just seems a lot more fun .

Love your user name.i bet you are a fun person.best of luck.
Sheridan
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 11:53 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sheridan, Ruth Sheridan here. I am Diabetic too and find that just cutting sugar and limiting carbs keeps me in a good range. We do have a section on dieting with Diabetes ... http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/diabetes-support-203/ which you may find helpful.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 09:45 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post
Dear Munchy,

Thank you so much.

I think I will start with planning 3 full days of meals that work with both and eat that food while I make more daily plans.

My doc really leaves diet to the dietician and she is arboretum that only seems to have a standard plan for everyone. She is not a very creative person.

Ww a lone just seems a lot more fun .

Love your user name.i bet you are a fun person.best of luck.
Sheridan
Aww, thanks! When I was in college people used to call me a munchkin because I'm small. That became queen of the munchkins, and later munchy.

I am a meal planner, so how about something like this. Your food doesn't have to be boring at all!

B: Omelette with veggies/cheese/ham
L: Bowl of chili
S: Berries
D: Zucchini noodles with meatballs and marinara
S: Nuts

B: Frittata
L: Salad
S: Yogurt
D: Stuffed peppers
S: String cheese

B: Deli/cheese roll up
L: Chicken or tuna salad with cucumber slices
S: Hard boiled egg
D: Veggie/protein stir fry
S: Peanut butter on celery
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 212/ticker/155

Height: 5'7

I'm diabetic and my endocrinologist is the one who recommended WW to me. My family doctor recommended it as well.
memoree is offline   Reply With Quote