Fitness Videos - February 2014 - Turbo Fire & More Check-In - All types of workouts are welcome here

Diana3271
01-31-2014, 06:42 AM
We do all types of workouts in this check-in. We are not limited to Turbo Fire. Please join in, if you are looking for a place to log your workouts and to be accountable with your fitness goals.

Let's make this a great month! :cheer2:

teacher1
02-01-2014, 05:56 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Diana- my hip is doing pretty good. I still do my 30 min stretches everyday. I did a bigger workout today so we'll see how it feels tomorrow.

Back down to 209 this week :)

today-went old school today- turbo jam- sculpt & cardio party 1

Diana3271
02-01-2014, 10:44 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave:

Talk about a day not going as planned! Last night DH was trying to finish up a job. The parts were delayed coming in due to the Winter weather. The customer had been huffing and puffing and it wasn't even our fault. We understand though because the truck is for work and he is having to rent a truck. The parts that came in were WRONG! The dealerships were closed at that time. Most of the parts we use are dealer only but he tried the regular parts stores anyways. They didn't have the part. When the dealer opened this morning he called to locate the part. They didn't have it in our area. It was available in Columbia, which is half way across the state from us. If we ordered it, we wouldn't get it until Tuesday. We got in the truck to drive to Columbia to get it. We got the part and got back home. DH still wanted to go to the movies since we already had that planned. Hopefully the part is correct and he can finish the job tomorrow for the customer. If all goes well, the customer can pick his truck up on Monday. I am exhausted! I normally do all the driving when we travel. DH gets sleepy when he drives for long distances. Also, he can't follow the GPS. LOL He totally doesn't understand that little machine. I drove 350 miles today! BTW: I just didn't have the time to fit a workout in. :lol:

Teacher Good job on the TJ and your weigh In. I am enjoying TJ again, too.

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening!

teacher1
02-02-2014, 04:15 PM
Diana- wow, that is a big unplanned adventure. I hope that customer is thankful for all your hard work!!!

I was sad that the ground hog predicted 6 more weeks of winter. I'm really over the cold weather. This week they're predicting big snow storms and cold temps :( Boooo!!!

today- 45 elip

Diana3271
02-02-2014, 08:49 PM

Check-In: R.I.P.P.E.D. Total Body Challenge w/8's

Teacher I hope that overgrown rat was wrong! :rofl: Good job on the elliptical.

Something funny about Cody. We were going to grill out hamburgers for the game tonight. DH prepped the grill with the charcoal but hadn't lit it yet. I was at the grocery store. He told me that he let Cody outside. He had been out there for a while and got concerned because he didn't hear any drama. Cody always seems to bark or get into something and make noise. DH looked outside and Cody was removing the charcoal from the grill and putting it on the back porch. :lol:

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening! Have a great start to your week.

Diana3271
02-03-2014, 07:11 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave:

Last night I added on: Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Have a great day!

TurboLaura
02-03-2014, 04:13 PM
Hello ladies!!

It's been too long and my weight and self esteem are showing it.
I'm so happy to be back communicating you lovely ladies:carrot:
How have you all been? Teacher and Diana - are things good? I will have to read your past posts to catch up.

Back on track today - day 1 in another long journey. I'll be following Les Mills Combat for the first 60 days.

Today: Combat 30 with gloves.

Diana3271
02-03-2014, 05:15 PM

Check-In:
TJ Cardio Party Remix w/weighted gloves
TJ Fat Blaster w/weighted gloves

Laura Welcome back! :wave: It is really good to see you and I hope you are well. Still plugging along on my end. Not where I want to be, but better than it could be. KWIM? ;)

Teacher :wave:

teacher1
02-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Hi everyone!!!

Laura- welcome back :) I flaked big time over the holidays but baby stepping back in the right direction. Still a daily fight with myself!!

Diana- way to rock the TJ. I think I'm going to do some more tomorrow.

The snow is on the way tomorrow. They're predicting 6-10". Yikes.... school has been cancelled and the ymca won't have classes. It's going to be a challenging week weather wise here.

today- elip 45 min

Diana3271
02-03-2014, 08:40 PM
Teacher I hope your weather clears up soon. Hang in there.

Waving Hi all around!

Diana3271
02-04-2014, 07:11 AM

Last night I added on: Easing Neck and Shoulder Tension (Passive) from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Have a great day!

teacher1
02-04-2014, 07:00 PM
Hi ladies!!!

We're getting so much snow!!! Tomorrow is another snow day for the schools.

today- shoveling the drive & back porch... took me about 2 hours with a couple short breaks. My arms and hip are hurting. I must step it up in the strength area!!!

Diana3271
02-04-2014, 08:52 PM

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights w/8's & 12's
Jessica Smith 10 Pounds Down Weight Loss Cardio Mix

Teacher Hang in there with that weather. I hope it clears up soon for you.

Waving Hi all around! :wave: Enjoy your evening!

TurboLaura
02-04-2014, 09:17 PM
Hey ladies! Thank you for the warm welcome back! :hug: You guys are the BEST!!! :cheer:

Diana - Yes, I know what you mean! WTG on the Turbo Jam anf your other workouts. Those are good ones :).
Teacher - yay on the eliptical! School closed tomorrow here, too! 6-10 inches again...this has been a snowy winter. Even for a New Englander! This is our 3rd snow day this year.

Les Mills Combat Hiit Power tonight. I lowered my weight since this is my first week back to working out in months. I felt slightly defeated but great that I'm back on track!

Diana3271
02-04-2014, 09:41 PM
I felt slightly defeated but great that I'm back on track!

Laura Don't feel defeated! You are back at it and that's all that matters. Not everyone would take that step back to get on track, but you did! :bravo: Have you heard any info about the BB 21 day program?

Diana3271
02-05-2014, 07:16 AM

Last night I added on: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch (standing)

Have a great day!

Diana3271
02-05-2014, 05:25 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave

Check-In:
Cardio Section from TJ Punch Kick and Jam w/weighted gloves
Cardio Section from TJ Kickin' Core w/weighted gloves

teacher1
02-05-2014, 05:33 PM
Hi ladies!!!

I'm so sore from shoveling. Another snow day tomorrow due to the cold temps and bad road conditions.

today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
02-05-2014, 11:11 PM
Hi ladies!

Diana, you're right! I'm so happy to be back exercising and eating healthy! Nice workouts! Is kickin Core the one with the ball? I remember it being a great workout :)

Teacher - I hear you on the shoveling!

Today - Combat Power Kata 45 with gloves and 45 minutes of shoveling.

Diana3271
02-06-2014, 07:17 AM

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

DH and I are going to a concert tonight. I will be back later

Have a great day!

Diana3271
02-06-2014, 04:56 PM

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Lower Body Minimizer w/8's
TJ Cardio Party

Teacher I hope the weather gets better in your area.

Laura Yes, Kickin' Core uses the ball. I didn't do that section, though. I only did the cardio. :D

DH and I are going to a concert tonight. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow! Have a great night!

teacher1
02-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Diana- have fun at the concert! What kind of music?

Laura- shoveling is no joke!!! I'm still feeling it :)

today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
02-06-2014, 09:38 PM
:wave: Hi!!!

Diana - how was the concert? yay on the workouts!

Teacher - Agreed on the shoveling! Did you enjoy your day off?

Combat 60 with gloves tonight. Starting to feel like the old me working out again! I sure don;t look it but I feel MUCH better already. :)

Diana3271
02-06-2014, 10:50 PM
Hi Everyone!

We went to see Merle Haggard. It was a fun concert. There were people there from all ages. It was wonderful seeing young people enjoy the concert. I grew up listening to a huge variety of music, so I enjoy it all.

We just got home. It's late so I don't plan on doing a yoga workout tonight.

teacher1
02-07-2014, 02:44 PM
Laura- yep, this has been a nice week off :)

Diana- glad you enjoyed the concert :)

today- Beach Babe 2- bikini arms- 20 min & hula booty 25 min

Diana3271
02-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Hi Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :carrot:

Check-In:
Cardio section from TJ Punch Kick and Jam (30 minutes)
TF Fire 30
I forgot I also did: Tamilee Webb's Total Body Stretch for Beginners (standing)

Laura Glad you are getting back into the swing of things and you are feeling better. Keep working it!

Teacher Good job on the Beach Babe workouts. Do you have the DVD's or are they online. I have heard of these before.

Waving Hi all around! Have a great weekend!

TurboLaura
02-07-2014, 07:39 PM
Hello!

Teacher - the name of your workouts are awesome! Is it a set?
Diana - glad that you had a fun concert! :dancer:

Today - Combat hiit plyo. body weight exercises were a challenge!

Diana3271
02-07-2014, 10:40 PM
Today - Combat hiit plyo. body weight exercises were a challenge!

Ha Ha Those Combat Hiit workouts are just plain evil! Good job getting through it.

Diana3271
02-08-2014, 09:47 AM

I can't believe I was able to sleep in! I didn't get up until 9! I must have been exhausted!

Last night I added on: Legs up the wall yoga pose while listening to mountain streams CD for 10 minutes

I read a study on cortisol a while back. They tested the participants cortisol levels while listening to various types of music/sounds. Their cortisol levels were most improved from listening to "babbling brooks". I bought a CD that has this and have been listening to it when I get a chance. I noticed the other night how relaxed I felt after doing the legs up the wall pose in one of my yoga routines. I got to thinking that the legs up the wall pose with the cd might be a good combo. I will work that into my routine on the nights I am too tired to do anything else. Hmm, I wonder if that's why I slept so long last night. I will need to try that again soon.

I need to go into work to do some end of the month work. I need to finish it by today.

Anyone have fun plans for the weekend?

Have a great day!

TurboLaura
02-08-2014, 10:45 AM
Happy Weekend!

Diana - yes!!! The hiits are hard and I sure feel it!:o I'm looking forward to combat 60 today and the kicking sequences! They're really butt toning :)
Wow - awesome yoga poses!!!!!! Interesting about the cortisol, too.

Not much planned for the weekend here. Pretty quiet. One of my dogs is still recovering from major back surgery - he herniated a disc 5 weeks ago and was 100% paralyzed :( He's recovering so well from emergency surgery but it's still 2-3 more weeks of crate rest. Getting harder because he's feeling better and can walk now!

How's all of your fuzzy babies, ladies?

Teacher - :wave: :)

teacher1
02-08-2014, 05:38 PM
Diana- I got the dvds on Amazon but they have lots of free workouts on youtube under Tone it Up. Plus, lots of fun stuff on Pinterest.

Laura- oh, doggie back surgery sounds horrible. My big boy pulled a disc in his back a few weeks ago but just needed painkillers and rest. I'm sorry, that sounds so awful!!! The workouts are called Beach Babes 2 by Tone it Up. It comes with 9 workouts. The 2 gals had a reality show on Bravo for a few weeks that I was watching.

The scale is moving in the right direction this week :) Nothing exciting happening this weekend. Hanging at my parents some. I'm hoping this snow starts melting soon.

today- 45 elip & Beach Babes- HIIT the Beach 2- 40 min - this workout was a little too advanced for me. I like the cardio but lots of floor work with planks and abs stuff. I'll have to save it for when I'm stronger.

Diana3271
02-08-2014, 11:32 PM

I took a rest day. I went to the shop to do some work and I ran out of time for my workout. I make up for it tomorrow or Monday.

Teacher Great job on the workouts! :carrot:

Laura I'm sorry to hear you little one needed surgery but at least he's doing better. Cody is doing well. He's still a handful.

Have a great night.

Diana3271
02-09-2014, 09:34 AM
Good Morning Everyone! :wave:

Last night I added on: Legs up the wall yoga pose while listening to mountain streams CD for 10 minutes

Have a great day!

teacher1
02-09-2014, 07:35 PM
Hi ladies!!!!

today- TF Fire 30 & Beach Babes- fine toning 20 min

Diana3271
02-09-2014, 09:00 PM

Check-In: 2 Mile Mall Walk

I didn't do my planned workout but at least I got moving today.

Teacher Good job on the scale moving! :bravo:

Have a great evening and start to your week!

Diana3271
02-10-2014, 07:35 AM

Have a great day!

teacher1
02-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Hi ladies!!!

today- no formal workout but shoveling 45 min... so over this snow!

Diana3271
02-10-2014, 09:21 PM
Hi Everyone!

We are suppose to get some more Winter weather here. We are having a Winter storm watch/warning starting tonight.

Check-In:
TF Fire 30
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Lower Body Minimizer w/10's
Regular Cardio from TJ Cardio Party Mix 3

Teacher Hang in there. I hope things get better in your neck of the woods.

Waving Hi all around!

TurboLaura
02-10-2014, 09:41 PM
Hi ladies!

Teacher - thanks for your kind words. So sorry to hear of your baby's back, too. We originally thought meds with crate rest but the paralysis set in so fast that we knew there would be permanent cord damage without surgery. He's walking pretty well but only on a limited basis. :cheer2: on the scale! You're killing it with the workouts!

Diana - Cody must be getting so big! :) WHOA on 3 workouts today!!!!! :cheer:

SO proud to say that today is a week since being on track! I've maintained my food intake to 1200-1400 cals a day and followed the Combat schedule. I really like these workouts, which makes it easier. LOVE Chalene but needed something different for a while! Will weigh myself on March 1. I didn't want to get too upset at myself and want to focus on fitness and nutrition for right now...the weight will drop and it has already :)

Today: Combat 30 with gloves.

Diana3271
02-11-2014, 07:05 AM

Last night I added on: Yoga Now's 10 Minute PM De-Stressor w/Rodney Yee

Have a great day!

teacher1
02-11-2014, 04:08 PM
Laura- great job staying on track!!!!

Diana- be careful with the weather coming!

today- ymca inter yoga 1 hour

Diana3271
02-11-2014, 05:15 PM

Check-In:
TJ Cardio Party Mix 1 w/weighted gloves
KCM'S 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights w/8's & 10's

Laura Cody is about 40 pounds now. Hopefully he won't get much bigger. Last week he went to the Vet to get weighed and then to the groomer. He disrupted both places when we got there. :lol: He is a mess. Good job staying on track! :carrot:

Teacher Good job on the yoga! :bravo:

Waving Hi all around! Have a great evening!

TurboLaura
02-11-2014, 10:47 PM
Hey ladies!!

Nice workouts all around :) :bravo:

Combat hiit power tonight. Doubled my weights from last week!

Diana3271
02-12-2014, 07:19 AM

Last night I added on: one of the Lunar sections from Shiva Rea's Yoga in Greece

It looks like we might be iced in for a couple of days. We only have one bridge open in our area. Traffic will be a nightmare for sure.

Enjoy your day.

teacher1
02-12-2014, 04:39 PM
Diana- be careful with the icy weather

Laura- hi

today- elip 45

TurboLaura
02-12-2014, 08:00 PM
hello!

Diana - that storm is heading my way for tomorrow! :snow4:
Teacher - hi!!

Tonight - Combat 45 Kata with gloves

Diana3271
02-12-2014, 09:20 PM

We made it into work today. The power was off at the shop for a short period of time. DH took out the new heaters he ordered and put one in the office so I could stay warm. The power has stayed on at home. I'm so glad about that. Hopefully things will clear up tomorrow. The early AM is suppose to be tricky.

Check-In: 6 rounds (60 minutes) from Patrick Goudeau/Heather Corndorf's Kickbox Burn

This DVD is programmable so you can make the workout as long as you want. This was a good one for today, a lot of fun.

Teacher How is the weather there? Has the snow melted yet?

Laura Are you expected to have snow or ice? We have ice. Is school still on there?

Diana3271
02-13-2014, 08:05 AM

We are getting a late start this morning since it was suppose to get a little worse over night. It appears that we didn't get the worse of it. There were a couple different models the weather people were talking about.

Last night I added on: Breathing Exercises to Calm the Mind from Yoga for Stress Relief

Have a great day!

Diana3271
02-13-2014, 04:51 PM

Check-In:
TF Fire 55 EZ

Laura Did you have to go into school today?

Teacher Good job on the elliptical yesterday

Waving Hi all around! Enjoy your evening.

TurboLaura
02-13-2014, 07:05 PM
Hi ladies!

No school again today. We only had about 3-4 inches of snow but they were worried about the ice (we didn't get it) and the high winds (came later than expected). Oh well!!

Tonight: Combat 60 and maybe some walking on the treadmill. I want this weight OFF!

Can I ask you a food question? Lately I've been feeling nauseous occasionally at dinner time when I'm eating my typical dinner foods. I usually eat 2 cups of cooked veggies with tofu or a soy/bean burger and a little light dressing for flavor. I was only able to eat 1/2 the burger tonight and no veggies. Strange, huh? No chance that I'm pregnant. This happened twice last week, too.

Take care and stay safe with the weather!

teacher1
02-13-2014, 07:51 PM
Hi ladies!!!

Diana- we're thawing out here in Kansas. We might even get in the 60's this weekend. This year's winter weather is so extreme.

Laura- I'm not sure what could be causing your upset tummy. Sorry, I hope it clears up.

My food has been on point this week and took a nose dive today :( Picking myself back up.

today- nothing

Diana3271
02-14-2014, 06:57 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: Happy Valentine's Day! :val1:

Anyone have special Valentine's Day plans?

Last night I added on: Legs Up the Wall yoga pose while listening to mountain streams CD 10 minutes

TGIF! I hope you have a great Friday and start to your weekend!

teacher1
02-14-2014, 03:04 PM
:val3: Happy Valentine's Day :hug:

Diana- no big plans... making dinner at home tonight but we'll go out to eat Sunday night so hopefully it won't be so crowded. Do you have any fun plans?

Laura- hi

today- elip 30

Precious Little
02-14-2014, 09:03 PM
Hey everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted but I've been keeping busy working out.

I am so happy I finished TurboFire and am excited to share my results with you guys:

Using my turbo tracker I calculated I've lost all over 5 and a half inches and a reduction in body fat percentage from 22- 23% body fat down to 19%. :carrot:

Weight-wise I'm about 1.5kg lighter than when I started TF but for me it wasn't about a number on the scales - so I wouldn't have even minded if I gained.

It took me a lot longer than most to finish (9 months!) but I'm just thrilled that I finally nailed it.

I did do the fit test and the first cardio workout in Insanity! thinking I might try that next, but man it just made me too sore and hammered my knees so I decided to get Shaun T's Focus T25 and do a hybrid with Chalean Extreme.

I'm currently in the first week of a 3 month schedule put together by Jessica Sproul on her blog http://jessicasproul.com/focus-t25-and-chalean-extreme-hybrid-schedule-for-busy-moms/clx-t25-month-1-pic/ and so far it's really fun.

I like the fact Focus T25 is quick and intense, and I love that I can go back to lifting weights :lifter: with Chalene!

I hope everyone is doing well and that you all had a sweet Valentine's Day :val3:

Diana3271
02-14-2014, 09:58 PM

Check-In:
TJ Cardio Party Mix 2
TJ 20 Minute Workout

Laura I'm not sure about the nausea. Could there have been a change in one of the foods that you normally eat. Maybe they changed something in the manufacturing. Could it be stress?

Teacher Good news on the 60's! We are suppose to be in the 60's this weekend and upper 70's by the end of next week. We didn't do anything big tonight. DH brought me a card a flowers yesterday. Sunday we are going to the Southeastern Wildlife Expo. It has to do with everything hunting, fishing dock dogs, etc.
http://sewe.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzv_lV0kYTU

Precious Little Congrats on completing TF and your great results! :carrot:

Waving Hi all around. Enjoy your evening.

Diana3271
02-15-2014, 07:47 AM

Last night I added on:
Tamilee Webb's Total Stretch for Beginners (standing)
Short Rest from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Have a great day!

TurboLaura
02-15-2014, 10:06 AM
Hey ladies! Happy Valentine's Day! :val1:

Teacher - 60 sounds awesome! Way to pick yourself up :)
Diana - Nice workouts! I think it's a particular protein bar that I occasionally eat. I also ate one yesterday and had incredible bloating and pain. Sugar alcohols?
Precious Little - YAY on the results and new hybrid!

Yesterday : Combat Hiit plyo (MUCH improved from last week!) and today Combat 60 with gloves. Feeling so much thinner in just 2 weeks on track with foods and following Combat. I really like having a workout schedule to follow! Have a great day!

teacher1
02-15-2014, 05:51 PM
Precious Little- congrats on getting through TF!!!!

Diana- hi

Laura- way to keep on plan!!!

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
02-15-2014, 09:54 PM

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body weights w/8's and 10's
TF Fire 45 EZ

Laura It could be the sugar alcohols. I have heard of people having issues with that.

Teacher Are you scheduled to sub much in the coming months?

teacher1
02-16-2014, 12:55 PM
Diana- how was the wildlife expo? I'm only subbing this Friday morning but the week after 3 days. They have some special ed meeting at the end of the month.

Laura & Precious Little- hi

Tonight we're heading to Outback for a late Valentine's Day date.

today- elip 30 min

TurboLaura
02-16-2014, 08:11 PM
Hey ladies!

Day off today and it was needed! My shoulders are so fatigued from Combat :)

Yay on the workouts, everyone and see you tomorrow :)

Diana3271
02-16-2014, 09:00 PM

We had a great time at the Expo today. We need to work on getting Cody comfortable around people and other dogs. He got so excited and crazy acting. He also pulled a lot on the leash and ended up making himself sick. Last week we took him to walk in Pet Smart. I think we will try that on a more regular basis. He goes to the groomer ever other week. He also goes to the Vet once a month to get weighed for his flea control/heartworm medicine. I guess that's just not enough. I think we need to go to Pet Smart every day. :lol: The last time we went to the Vet, he really disrupted the waiting room. :lol: You know the bad kid in school? The Dennis the menace? That's Cody. I keep trying to remember that he's only 8 months old. Hopefully he will start acting better with age. I can say one thing though, he was prettier than the other Boykin's there today. :D (he just can't act right :lol:)

My food wasn't great today. They had a lot of samples of food and wine, etc. I will chalk this up as an off plan day. Back at it tomorrow. Also, since we were gone all day I didn't get a workout in. Again, back at it tomorrow.

teacher1
02-17-2014, 06:43 PM
Diana- ah, the Cody stories always crack me up!!! The fun puppy stage- cute but crazy times. :)

Laura- hi

today- elip 45 min

TurboLaura
02-17-2014, 09:04 PM
Hi ladies!

Teacher - hello! :wave: Great job on the eliptical!

Diana - Cody is a riot!!! He sounds like a big, happy guy who plows through wherever he goes!! Was the food yummy?

Today: Combat 60 with gloves.

Diana3271
02-17-2014, 10:15 PM

Check-In:
TJ Cardio Party Mix 1

We took Cody to walk around the Pet Smart. We ended up buying another no pull device. I think we need to take him back tomorrow and maybe the SA can help us fit it on him. It seems too loose since he got out of it and was able to bite it. :lol: I can't seem to tighten it enough. We also bought another toy while we were there tonight. Hmm, is that their way of making money? Telling us we can bring him there to walk around and then we end up buying stuff. ;) I think that's a win/win for them.

Teacher Good job on the elliptical!

Laura The food was really good! I tried some wines in the wine sampling and then ended up having a couple of glasses of wine. I need to stay away from all of that. ;)

Enjoy your evening!

Diana3271
02-18-2014, 07:24 AM

Have a great day!

teacher1
02-18-2014, 04:53 PM
Diana- Petsmart is dangerous for me. I love buying dogs toys.

Laura- hi

The weather here is 68 degrees. I got to rock flip flops to get my pedicure :) Sadly, the weather is showing snow next week. Winter is nice but I'm ready to move along to Spring!!!

today- ymca inter yoga 1 hour- we had a man sub- it went okay but I prefer the regular teacher :)

Diana3271
02-18-2014, 09:09 PM
HI Everyone! :wave:

Check-In:
KCM'S 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights w/8's and 10's
TJ Cardio Party Mix 3 w/weighted gloves

Teacher We went to a different Petsmart today and it was a disaster. A woman and her 5 kids started going crazy over Cody. He started jumping, acting crazy, and peed everywhere. :o This store has a lot more foot traffic. We need to stick with the store that doesn't have as much business. Also, we need to stay more to ourselves and ease into things until he adjusts.

TurboLaura
02-18-2014, 10:33 PM
Hi ladies!

Oh Diana - Cody is so silly!! I bet I would go nuts for him, too. :)
Teacher - hello! OOhh - flip flops sound awesome!

Tonight - Combat hiit Power. Intense as always. I had to shovel AGAIN and it was quite icy, heavy snow. My shoulders were so fatigued I could barely hold my fork at dinner....not kidding! :eek:

Have a wonderful night!

Diana3271
02-19-2014, 07:45 AM

A week ago we were having an ice storm and today it will be in the 80's!

Last night I added on:
Total Stretch for Beginners (standing)
Cleanse and Rest from Sara Ivanhoe's Taste

Have a great day!

TurboLaura
02-19-2014, 02:10 PM
Hey!!

Today - Combat 30. I'm on vacation this week and worked ut with a friend from school, which was great. Unfortunately I forgot my gloves but it was still a good workout. I was able to do all of the jump kicks again!!! :cheer2: 3 weeks ago I couldn't do ANY! Thank goodness for muscle memory and I can't wait to be really fit again.

How are you all today??? :D

teacher1
02-19-2014, 03:44 PM
Diana- the Cody stories are so great!!! Such a hand full :)

Laura- shoveling is such a workout! Is it your Spring Break already? The kiddos here great Spring Break the 3rd week in March.

today- ymca fierce 1 hour (cardio & strength interval class) and it was intense!

Diana3271
02-19-2014, 05:13 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In: TF Fire 60

Laura Enjoy your vacation week! Great job on the jump kicks! :carrot:

Teacher Great job on the gym workout! Sounds like a tough one. Did they have good music?

Diana3271
02-20-2014, 07:22 AM

Last night I added on: Improved Digestion from Yoga for Stress Relief

Have a great day!

teacher1
02-20-2014, 04:33 PM
Diana- I wasn't really into that teacher's music. On Fridays there is a fierce class with a great teacher and music but I sub the next 2 Fridays.

I'm so sore from yesterday's class.

today- ymca inter yoga 1 hour

Diana3271
02-20-2014, 05:20 PM

Tomorrow I have to take Cody to get some lab work done. He is scheduled to be neutered on Tuesday. :o Are any of your pets "fixed"? If so, did their behavior change any? Cody went to the groomer today. I have been working with him and the hairdryer every morning. The groomer said that she can see an improvement. I'm glad something is improving. :lol: I might also try a less busy PetSmart tonight, too. I'm living dangerously these days. :rofl:

Check-In:
TF Fire 55 EZ

Teacher Music can make a big difference with a class. Get some extra stretching in for those DOMS! :D

Waving Hi all around! Have a great evening.

TurboLaura
02-20-2014, 11:29 PM
Hey All!

In Massachusetts we have a Feb vacation and an April vacation. A nice treat and usually very needed!
Diana - all of my boys are neutered and we didn't see a change in behavior but I hear some people say that their dogs are calmer afterwards.

Today: Combat Hiit Shock Plyo. WHOA is that a workout and very Insanity like!:dizzy:

Take care all!

Diana3271
02-21-2014, 07:03 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :dance:

Last night I added on: Legs Up the Wall Pose while listening to mountain stream cd

Laura Calmer would be a good thing. :lol: Yes, those plyo/hiit workouts are very Insanity like. They are tough. Have you heard anything about the BeachBody 21 Day Fix program? I know someone doing it and she is getting great results.

Have a great day!

teacher1
02-21-2014, 05:53 PM
Laura- a week in Feb & April that is super wonderful. Here it's just a week in March.

Diana- both my dogs are fixed. I've also heard it can help. Bruiser was fixed when he was really young because he went to daycare so I didn't see a big difference. But with age he's super chill now.

today- elip 45

Diana3271
02-21-2014, 10:21 PM

Check-In: TF Fire 45

Teacher Cody freaked out today at the Vet's office. He's just not used to other dogs or people. Daycare has been suggested for Cody. I have been told the interactions will help him. I am not familiar with Doggie Daycare around here. Did daycare help Bruiser adjust to other dogs and people?

Diana3271
02-22-2014, 08:07 AM

Last night I added on: Restful and Rejuvenating Sleep from Gael Chiarella's PM Yoga Meditations

Enjoy your Saturday!

TurboLaura
02-22-2014, 01:06 PM
Hey ladies!

Diana - I haven't heard much about 21 day fix but I do know that it's considered ok for beginners and is VERY food focused. You get containers and portion food out for the day. It's actually sold out but you can still pre order through the end of this month and get free shipping.

Teacher - yes!! two vacations are AWESOME!

Yesterday - Combat 60 with gloves and today combat hiit power.

Weighed in today. 190. UGH. I've set a goal to be in the 150's by the end of June, which I think it very doable.

teacher1
02-22-2014, 06:02 PM
Diana- Bruiser has always loved other dogs. For some reason, he doesn't like unfamiliar men. Daycare helped get his energy out. He came home so tired! It was great. It is expensive in my opinion but I guess it depends where you go. He went some when I was working. You might try a basic obedience class cause he could interact with other dogs there too. Bruiser took a couple classes. Everything change when we got the second dog cause she's a hot mess!

Laura- Hang in there. I'm a roller coaster with my weight- 2 steps forward, 1 step back. Baby steps forward :)

Has anyone seen/tried ddp yoga? I saw it on Shark Tank last night. It looks great but I wonder if I'll actually do it.

today- cleaning the house

Diana3271
02-22-2014, 10:17 PM
Hi Everyone!

Check-In:
KCM'S 30 MTF Start Here Cardio Sculpt and Upper Body Weights w/10's
TF Hiit 25

Teacher Cody has really shown improvement. I think we expect too much, he's only a puppy. I am going to keep up with taking him to the Petsmart and introducing him to our customers, etc. He really freaks out with other dogs and people. Hopefully going at this slowly won't be as hard on him. Unfortunately we don't have a lot of time to take him to classes since we work so much. I might have to look at a Saturday class if I can't make it work otherwise. There was some talk about DDP yoga on the other forum where I'm a member. Here's the search results from that site. You can read about it. I am not familiar with it.
http://forum.videofitness.com/tags.php?tag=diamond+dallas+page
http://forum.videofitness.com/tags.php?tag=ddp+yoga

Laura You are back on track and the scale will soon reflect that. Hang in there.

Enjoy your evening.

Diana3271
02-23-2014, 08:30 AM

Last night I added on: Debbie Siebers Slim & Limber

Have a great day!

teacher1
02-23-2014, 04:44 PM
Diana- thanks for the links... they had a lot of great info. I went ahead and ordered it.

Laura- hi

today- elip 45

Diana3271
02-23-2014, 08:46 PM

Check-In:
TF fire 30 w/#1 handweights
KCM'S 30 MTF Start Here Lower Body Minimizer w/10's

Anyone else watching The Amazing Race? It started tonight and I already love it!

Diana3271
02-24-2014, 07:19 AM

Last night I added on:
Twists Section from Yoga Zone's Yoga for a Strong and Healthy Back
PM Breath Work from AM PM Yoga for Beginners

Have a great day!

teacher1
02-24-2014, 12:04 PM
Diana- nope, not watching the Amazing Race. I was watching Downton Abbey.

Laura- hi

today- ymca muscle pump 1 hour- great teacher & music :) Going to be sore tomorrow

Diana3271
02-24-2014, 08:58 PM

Please send some positive thoughts for Cody tomorrow. He is scheduled for his surgery.

Check-In: Michelle Dozois Peak 10 Cardio Interval Burn

I need to get to bed early since I have to get up early tomorrow to get Cody to the Vet. I will catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Enjoy your evening!

TurboLaura
02-24-2014, 11:55 PM
Hey ladies!

Today: Combat 30 with gloves. Feeling like my old self again :) VERY sore from Hiit power last night.

Diana - I've never seen the amazing race. Good show?? I tend to be boring with TV...HGTV, TLC.....

Nice workouts, ladies!!

Diana3271
02-25-2014, 02:30 PM

I have been dealing with a lot of stress recently. Do you remember our friend with cancer? He has been struggling with some kidney issues related to the original cancer problem and with some side effects from the cancer treatment. It seems like the cancer did a lot of damage to his kidneys. The treatments worked but it's the damage from the cancer that's the problem. Also, the radiation treatments has caused more damage. Anyways, right now he is in the hospital. Last night he mentioned that he is ready to sign a release to get out of the hospital so he can go home to die.

Good news from the Vet. Cody did great! :carrot: I am not so much! :fr: Or I wasn't until the call from the Vet. I had a very bad morning, food wise. I totally fell off the wagon, got run over by the wagon and then was backed back over by it again. This morning I felt like I was reliving a lot of stuff that I went through in the past. It's funny how you can think you are doing better and then wham you can have a set back. It can happen so quickly and easily. I do appreciate being able to post my thoughts and stresses here. It does truly help. I mentioned to my DH, about the struggles I had with eating this morning. It seemed like he didn't "get it". He is a larger man and has major health issues, but he doesn't have food issues like me. Oh well, we are all different. Today I fell. I will pick myself back up, brush myself off, and move forward. I have not had a full on binge in a long time. Ugh! I cannot believe I did that. Moving forward though. That's all I can do. I cannot undo anything.

teacher1
02-25-2014, 05:28 PM
Diana- I'm so sorry to hear about Danny. Life can be so cruel sometimes and it's so hard to understand why some things are happening.
That's great news on the vet. With my dogs the vet does the exam in a different room than me cause they seem to be jumpy around me. Hang in there on the food front. It happens and you're moving on. You've made so much progress and you're allowed a bump in the road.

Laura- I hear you on being sore. My legs hurt so much from the strength class yesterday. I think it was all the squats. I'm having trouble walking today.

It's freezing here and I'm so tired from subbing. I'm home now snuggling in the blankets with the dogs, watching TV.

today- rest.. so sore!

Diana3271
02-25-2014, 09:11 PM

Thank you for the support. :hug:

I didn't do a workout today. While Cody was at the Vet I finished up with my office stuff, cleaned the office and bathrooms. We had to close early to go pick him up. He seems to be doing very well and I am so glad to have him back home tonight.

My DH had a heart to heart with Danny tonight. His attitude was improved and I think he is reconsidering things. We'll see how it goes.

Enjoy your evening.

Diana3271
02-26-2014, 06:35 AM

Last night I did: 10 Minutes of Legs Up the Wall yoga pose while listening to mountain stream cd

Cody is still doing well.

Have a great day!

Diana3271
02-26-2014, 05:09 PM

Check-In:
TJ Cardio Party Mix 2
TJ 20 Minute Workout

I am going to do whatever workouts I want for the rest of this week. Saturday I am going to start the Get Your Body Back program. If I don't like it, I can always go back to Start Here. I still enjoy the Start Here workouts, so I can always fall back on those. DH mentioned last week that he can tell my legs have more muscles and are firmer. I suppose this is from Start Here since I have been doing that for a while.

Have a great evening.

teacher1
02-26-2014, 06:19 PM
Diana- that's so great about Cody and Danny too doing better

Laura- hi

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
02-27-2014, 07:01 AM

Last night I added on: Restorative Poses for Relaxation from Yoga for Stress Relief

OMG! I just let Cody outside. He's got that big cone around his head and he is running laps around the yard like a maniac. DH was worried that getting neutered would have a negative effect on his energy. Oh boy! I think we are in trouble. :lol:

Have a great day!

teacher1
02-27-2014, 11:45 AM
Diana- wow, Cody bounced back fast!!!!

Laura- hi

today- resting... woke up with a sore throat thanks to the DH being sick :(

Diana3271
02-27-2014, 07:54 PM

Check-In:
KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn - Cardio & Boxing
KCM's 30 MTF Total Body Kickboxing

Teacher Cody was wired all day! He's not suppose to be doing all that he's doing. Hopefully he won't rupture anything. I am doing my best with him. He's a hot mess, too. ;) I hope you start feeling better quickly.

Laura :wave:

Enjoy your evening.

TurboLaura
02-27-2014, 11:50 PM
Hello ladies!

Diana - so sorry to hear of your ill friend. How difficult it must be yet he sounds like a strong man. He will be missed. :hug:

Your Cody stories make me laugh and I'm so happy that his surgery went well! :bravo:

Teacher - are your legs less sore?? I hear you on the freezing and I'm sick of it!

Yesterday: Combat hiit plyo
Today Combat 30 with gloves and Combat Core attack

We booked a trip to Bermuda for August and I can't wait! :) I WILL be 150 by then :cheer2:

Diana3271
02-28-2014, 06:09 AM
Good Morning, Everyone! :wave: TGIF! :cheer:

Last night I added on: Improve Digestion from Yoga for Stress Relief

Have a great day and start to your weekend!

Diana3271
02-28-2014, 09:18 AM
Where did February go? :dizzy: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/fitness-videos/293288-march-2014-turbo-fire-more-check-all-types-workouts-welcome-here.html

teacher1
02-28-2014, 05:59 PM
Diana- hi

Laura- my legs were sore for about 2 days but all better now

today- elip 30 min

Diana3271
02-28-2014, 09:47 PM

Check-In: Leslie Sansone Walk To The Hits Party Songs 3 Miles

Teacher Glad the DOMS are gone.

Laura Actually Danny is doing OK for now. I mentioned that my DH had a heart to heart with him. He was needing to get kidney bags and didn't want them. He was willing to sign a release at the hospital and go home and die because he didn't want them. DH convinced him to get them and to live. He did get the bags, yesterday. He will have anther CT scan next week for cancer to see if the cancer has returned. The last scan showed some very small spots but they chose not to do anything. I know he still has a long road and might not make it. But at least he's still trying.

Enjoy your evening.

TurboLaura
02-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Hi ladies,

OH YES TGIF, Diana!

Tonight: Combay hiit plyo. I'm starting to really like this workout. It's a challenge but being in better shape has allowed me to do so much more than week 1! I'm so sorry that I misunderstood your post!

Teacher - how are your furbabies?

Have a good night!

Diana - I'm so glad to hear that Danny was able to get the medical help that will help him. Anything is better than giving up.

Diana3271
03-01-2014, 06:55 AM

I woke at 6 AM! :tired: I think TTOM is getting ready to start. I have some sort of hormonal insomnia during TTOM. :mad:

Last night I added on: Legs up the wall yoga pose while listening to a mountain stream cd.

Enjoy your Saturday!